Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 2 20:00:06 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 2 20:00:24 2014] : Hildy: HIldy looks over the items
[Wed Jul 2 20:00:27 2014] : Hildy: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detect magcial auras within 60ft
[Wed Jul 2 20:00:40 2014] : Hildy: Spellcraft: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16
[Wed Jul 2 20:00:45 2014] : Hildy: Spellcraft: [1d20(18) + 11] = 29
[Wed Jul 2 20:01:22 2014] : DM: ooc you know what they all are -- they had name tags.
[Wed Jul 2 20:01:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed Jul 2 20:01:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "I wonder where the last one is"
[Wed Jul 2 20:01:47 2014] : Hildy: Having identified the cloak, Hildy makes sure that Miriam puts it on (insistently)
[Wed Jul 2 20:02:22 2014] : Vaddyn: "Mind if I take this Ring?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:02:27 2014] : Miriam: "What do I need that cloak for?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:02:52 2014] : Hildy: "Do you remember how you couldn't move in the fight?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:03:01 2014] : Hildy: "You need to fix that"
[Wed Jul 2 20:03:15 2014] : Hildy: "Rather than expecting me to"
[Wed Jul 2 20:03:49 2014] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, I don't mind"
[Wed Jul 2 20:03:54 2014] : Miriam: "And this will help me with that?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:03:57 2014] : Hildy: "Miriam, look I have one"
[Wed Jul 2 20:04:01 2014] : Hildy: "Yes"
[Wed Jul 2 20:04:13 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn swaps the the ring with his own
[Wed Jul 2 20:04:31 2014] : DM: ooc You can wear two rings
[Wed Jul 2 20:04:48 2014] : Hildy: ooc both ROP
[Wed Jul 2 20:05:03 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc swapping my +1 for the +2
[Wed Jul 2 20:05:12 2014] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Jul 2 20:05:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "Miriam, just wear the cloak"
[Wed Jul 2 20:05:55 2014] : Miriam: "OK, if you say so"
[Wed Jul 2 20:06:11 2014] : Hildy: "Trust me, you'll feel better for it"
[Wed Jul 2 20:06:18 2014] : Miriam: ooc Not trying to be difficult, just asking for clarification
[Wed Jul 2 20:07:55 2014] : DM: As you divide up the loot the sky grows darker, cloud gathering overhead. A sudden strong breeze makes the leaves rustle
[Wed Jul 2 20:08:03 2014] : DM: Survival check (or nature)
[Wed Jul 2 20:08:09 2014] : Hildy: Hildy hefts the heavy mace, but puts it down when he realises he's suddenly 'encumbered'
[Wed Jul 2 20:08:19 2014] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll [Wed Jul 2 20:08:19 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nature: LoreMaster: [10 + 9] = 19
[Wed Jul 2 20:08:22 2014] : Hildy: Survival: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Jul 2 20:08:53 2014] : Hildy: "Bow... not much use to me..."
[Wed Jul 2 20:09:15 2014] : Hildy: "Lovely shiny armour, but I think it will make me too heavy again"
[Wed Jul 2 20:10:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'm the same. Its all a bit too heavy."
[Wed Jul 2 20:10:18 2014] : Vaddyn: "I could use the sword, but I've hardly used the ones on my back as it is"
[Wed Jul 2 20:10:24 2014] : DM: The first few heavy drops of rain begin to fall.
[Wed Jul 2 20:10:39 2014] : Hildy: "We could sell most of this stuff then"
[Wed Jul 2 20:10:40 2014] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(4) + 11] = 15
[Wed Jul 2 20:10:42 2014] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(2) + 11] = 13
[Wed Jul 2 20:11:01 2014] : Hildy: Hildy looks up at the heavy skies
[Wed Jul 2 20:11:30 2014] : Hildy: Hildy strips the dead guys and puts stuff into handy haversacks
[Wed Jul 2 20:11:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "We should take cover"
[Wed Jul 2 20:11:49 2014] : Hildy: "Where?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:11:50 2014] : Miriam: "Find a dry place"
[Wed Jul 2 20:12:03 2014] : Miriam: Miriam checks the surroundings
[Wed Jul 2 20:12:05 2014] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Jul 2 20:12:25 2014] : DM: You look around the swamp forest for a "dry place".
[Wed Jul 2 20:12:51 2014] : DM: There's nowhere dry here.
[Wed Jul 2 20:12:53 2014] : Miriam: ooc Yep ;)
[Wed Jul 2 20:13:21 2014] : Miriam: ooc Actually I meant finding cover, so no wet from above :)
[Wed Jul 2 20:13:37 2014] : DM: The rain is drumming down heavily now. There's a flash of lightning and a crash of thunder.
[Wed Jul 2 20:14:07 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc how far is the river?
[Wed Jul 2 20:14:25 2014] : DM: The river is about 300 ft away.
[Wed Jul 2 20:14:26 2014] : Hildy: Hildy knows nothing about storms, conductivity or the explosive power of lightning struck trees
[Wed Jul 2 20:15:00 2014] : Vaddyn: "We could take shelter under the upturned boat. Better than nothing"
[Wed Jul 2 20:15:01 2014] : DM: ooc .. but is hoping that someone with a good survival score does...
[Wed Jul 2 20:15:24 2014] : Vaddyn: Survival: [1d20(11) + -1] = 10
[Wed Jul 2 20:16:08 2014] : Miriam: "Better get away from the trees, that's dangerous during lightning"
[Wed Jul 2 20:16:14 2014] : Hildy: "Sounds like a plan Vaddyn"
[Wed Jul 2 20:17:25 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn grabs what he can and runs for the river bank
[Wed Jul 2 20:17:55 2014] : Miriam: Miriam follows, figuring Vaddyn could use a hand with the boat
[Wed Jul 2 20:18:03 2014] : DM: Your feet squelch through the mud and the growing puddles as you run for the bank.
[Wed Jul 2 20:18:30 2014] : Vaddyn: "Pull it further away from the edge"
[Wed Jul 2 20:19:20 2014] : DM: Strength check
[Wed Jul 2 20:19:29 2014] : Hildy: Hildy assists
[Wed Jul 2 20:19:33 2014] : Hildy: Strength: [1d20(5) + 0] = 5
[Wed Jul 2 20:19:44 2014] : Vaddyn: Strength: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11
[Wed Jul 2 20:20:07 2014] : Miriam: Strength: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Jul 2 20:20:35 2014] : DM: You haul the boat a good distance away and overturn it, making a rough shelter against the rain.
[Wed Jul 2 20:21:12 2014] : DM: There's not a lot of space underneath and its pretty miserable crouch under it with the rain drumming on the planks, inches above your heads.
[Wed Jul 2 20:21:37 2014] : Hildy: "Well, I've had better times"
[Wed Jul 2 20:21:55 2014] : Hildy: HIldy spends his time praying for remaining spells
[Wed Jul 2 20:22:03 2014] : DM: There's a flash and crack of thunder. The bolt striking a nearby tree.
[Wed Jul 2 20:22:09 2014] : Vaddyn: "Its not the stuff of legends I'll admit"
[Wed Jul 2 20:22:20 2014] : DM: The storm continues.
[Wed Jul 2 20:22:47 2014] : DM: The water level in the river rises slowly but you think you're high enough to be safe.
[Wed Jul 2 20:22:56 2014] : Vaddyn: "The horses!"
[Wed Jul 2 20:23:39 2014] : Miriam: "We'd better hope they're alright, we can't help them now"
[Wed Jul 2 20:23:44 2014] : DM: Doing anything about them?
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:02 2014] : Miriam: ooc
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:07 2014] : Artur (enter): 20:24
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:12 2014] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (21) Artur...
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:16 2014] : Miriam: ooc They're not here, are they?
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:18 2014] : Artur: ooc evening all - sorry I'm not quite ready
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:19 2014] : Hildy: "I don't fancy crossing the river in this"
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:34 2014] : Vaddyn: "It was danerous enough when it was calm"
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:38 2014] : DM: ooc your left the horses on the other bank.
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:41 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc Hi Henry
[Wed Jul 2 20:24:54 2014] : Artur: ooc just got to wash up
[Wed Jul 2 20:25:03 2014] : DM: ooc Hi. You're sheltering under a boat in a thunderstorm.
[Wed Jul 2 20:27:28 2014] : DM: How long do you wait?
[Wed Jul 2 20:28:06 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc is it showing any signs of abating?
[Wed Jul 2 20:28:16 2014] : Vaddyn: oco light on the horizon?
[Wed Jul 2 20:28:24 2014] : Artur: Survival: [1d20(9) + -1] = 8
[Wed Jul 2 20:28:26 2014] : DM: No.
[Wed Jul 2 20:28:40 2014] : DM: The rain is still coming down after an hour.
[Wed Jul 2 20:28:53 2014] : DM: Continue waiting?
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:03 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:15 2014] : Miriam: ooc Has the lightning stopped?
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:15 2014] : Artur: "Why are we in this infernal swamp anyway? I had not expected this."
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:25 2014] : DM: You spend another miserable hour.
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:29 2014] : DM: Perception checks.
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:42 2014] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12
[Wed Jul 2 20:29:56 2014] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Jul 2 20:30:00 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Jul 2 20:30:35 2014] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 2 20:31:20 2014] : Artur: Perception: [1d20(20) + -1] = 19
[Wed Jul 2 20:31:29 2014] : Artur: ooc I should put a rank or two in perception.
[Wed Jul 2 20:31:37 2014] : Hildy: "OK, I have prayed for something that can protect us temporarily"
[Wed Jul 2 20:31:58 2014] : Hildy: "From lightning"
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:01 2014] : Artur: "There's something roaring up-river."
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:16 2014] : Artur: ooc is it a continuous roar?
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:19 2014] : Miriam: "Roaring?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:21 2014] : Hildy: "OK, let's step out"
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:23 2014] : Hildy: Protection from Energy: Level 3 - Grants temporary resistance 20 to an energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic); Duration 80 minutes divided by the number of recipients
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:37 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc roaring as in sound, or roaring as in moving quickly?
[Wed Jul 2 20:33:48 2014] : Hildy: ooc sorry, that should be resist communal
[Wed Jul 2 20:34:13 2014] : Artur: ooc sound
[Wed Jul 2 20:34:27 2014] : Hildy: "Let's take a look"
[Wed Jul 2 20:34:42 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok."
[Wed Jul 2 20:34:42 2014] : DM: Hildy takes a look outside, through the gray gloom of the sheeting rain you see a wall of brown water flowing towards you. The flood crashing through the vegetation at the banks, snaping branching uprooting bushes.
[Wed Jul 2 20:34:59 2014] : Hildy: "Err..."
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:04 2014] : Artur: ooc I knew it! :-)
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thats bad"
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:07 2014] : Hildy: "Run, run!"
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:13 2014] : Artur: "Uphill!"
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:20 2014] : Artur: Artur dashes out in the rain
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:21 2014] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(9) + 11] = 20
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:27 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn runs, uphill
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:48 2014] : DM: There's not a lot of up hill but you run back to the bandit camp which is slightly higher ground.
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:48 2014] : Hildy: Hildy follows uphill
[Wed Jul 2 20:35:52 2014] : Miriam: Miriam starts running, uphill
[Wed Jul 2 20:36:06 2014] : Artur: "This seems uncomfortable."
[Wed Jul 2 20:36:13 2014] : DM: The going is treacherous, dexterity checks for everyone without some fancy difficult terrain power/spell.
[Wed Jul 2 20:36:23 2014] : Vaddyn: Dexterity: [1d20(17) + 1 + 1] = 19
[Wed Jul 2 20:36:25 2014] : Hildy: Liberation: You can move normally regardless of magical effects that impede movement, as if you were affected by Freedom of Movement. This effect occurs automatically as soon as it applies.
[Wed Jul 2 20:36:50 2014] : Hildy: HIldy (who has move 40) stops and activates his other power
[Wed Jul 2 20:36:53 2014] : Hildy: Freedom's Call (Su): Hildy emits a 30-foot aura of freedom. All confused, grappled, frightened, panicked, paralyzed, pinned, or shaken conditions are suppressed for allies while in the aura. (standard action; maintain = free action) (4 rounds remaining).
[Wed Jul 2 20:37:06 2014] : Hildy: "Stay close and the terrain should be easier"
[Wed Jul 2 20:37:17 2014] : Artur: Dexterity: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13
[Wed Jul 2 20:37:27 2014] : DM: Hildy's magic helps everyone move easily through the mud and deep puddles.
[Wed Jul 2 20:37:49 2014] : Miriam: Dexterity: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Wed Jul 2 20:38:05 2014] : DM: Just in the nick of time too, the brown flood waters surge around you.
[Wed Jul 2 20:38:23 2014] : Hildy: "Urgh"
[Wed Jul 2 20:38:57 2014] : DM: With no shelter the rain soaks into you, chilling you.
[Wed Jul 2 20:39:05 2014] : DM: Constitution checks.
[Wed Jul 2 20:39:08 2014] : Vaddyn: Constitution: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jul 2 20:39:14 2014] : Artur: Constitution: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Jul 2 20:39:18 2014] : Hildy: Constitution: [1d20(1) + 2] = 3
[Wed Jul 2 20:39:58 2014] : DM: ooc one moment, need to double check hypthermia symptoms.
[Wed Jul 2 20:39:59 2014] : Hildy: Good Fortune: (immediate) You can reroll any one d20 roll that you have just made before [Wed Jul 2 20:40:04 2014] : Hildy: Constitution: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed Jul 2 20:40:16 2014] : Miriam: Constitution: [1d20(16) + 3] = 19 [Wed Jul 2 20:41:28 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn shivers as the damp sinks in
[Wed Jul 2 20:41:48 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur might or might not shiver - he's got Schrodinger's Hypothermia.
[Wed Jul 2 20:41:53 2014] : DM: Vaddyn begins to shiver and grow weary. You are fatigued
[Wed Jul 2 20:42:44 2014] : DM: Heal checks.
[Wed Jul 2 20:43:19 2014] : Hildy: Heal: [1d20(6) + 5 + 0] = 11
[Wed Jul 2 20:43:24 2014] : Artur: Heal: [1d20(14) + -1] = 13
[Wed Jul 2 20:43:32 2014] : Miriam: Heal: [1d20(4) + 0] = 4
[Wed Jul 2 20:43:45 2014] : Artur: Artur recognises that simply setting fire to Vaddyn's clothing will probably not help.
[Wed Jul 2 20:43:58 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc leeches at the ready
[Wed Jul 2 20:44:03 2014] : Artur: ooc just realised I have no node for my L1 spells!
[Wed Jul 2 20:44:43 2014] : Hildy: ooc *cough* endure elements ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:10 2014] : Hildy: ooc has the water receded?
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:12 2014] : DM: You stay in the rain for another hour, the flood waters surrounding you.
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:19 2014] : Artur: ooc *cough* not prepared
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:30 2014] : DM: The rain nor the floor waters seem to show any sigh of receeding.
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:33 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc *cough* light a fire
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:35 2014] : Hildy: ooc of course it is, you have no node ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "cough, cough, cough"
[Wed Jul 2 20:45:57 2014] : Hildy: "Are you OK Vaddyn?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:46:23 2014] : Vaddyn: "Not feeling too good. Cold feels like its seeped into my bones"
[Wed Jul 2 20:46:36 2014] : DM: Vaddyn's reply is slurred.
[Wed Jul 2 20:46:50 2014] : DM: Constitution check Vaddyn.
[Wed Jul 2 20:46:53 2014] : Hildy: "We need to get out of this"
[Wed Jul 2 20:46:55 2014] : Vaddyn: Constitution: [1d20(20) + 2] = 22
[Wed Jul 2 20:47:10 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc phew
[Wed Jul 2 20:47:14 2014] : Miriam: "We need to get you warmed up"
[Wed Jul 2 20:47:50 2014] : Hildy: Hildy searches in his haversack for his cold weather outfit and passes the coat to Vaddyn
[Wed Jul 2 20:48:42 2014] : DM: Vaddyn fumbles clumsily with the clothing but it seems to help. His condition improves.
[Wed Jul 2 20:48:45 2014] : Hildy: "Put this on"
[Wed Jul 2 20:49:40 2014] : DM: The rain begins to lessen and stop, the dark clouds scudding across the sky to the west, chased away by brighter skies.
[Wed Jul 2 20:50:08 2014] : DM: The brown swampy flood water still surrounds you, but at least it's now stopped raining.
[Wed Jul 2 20:50:11 2014] : Miriam: "Let's start moving"
[Wed Jul 2 20:50:23 2014] : Artur: "Ugh, I hate this weather."
[Wed Jul 2 20:50:38 2014] : Hildy: "Great... Where to? The boat has gone"
[Wed Jul 2 20:51:02 2014] : Artur: "If we wait for a day, I can give us all the ability to fly over the river."
[Wed Jul 2 20:51:25 2014] : Hildy: "Can anyone make a shelter?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:52:01 2014] : Artur: "With what?"
[Wed Jul 2 20:52:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'm not sure I can even stand at the minute. Still a bit shakey"
[Wed Jul 2 20:52:11 2014] : Hildy: "Thank goodness I bought this haversack, as it now contains my tent and sleeping gear, rather than the horse saddlebags having them"
[Wed Jul 2 20:52:25 2014] : Vaddyn: "Poor horses"
[Wed Jul 2 20:52:30 2014] : Hildy: "There's wood and stuff"
[Wed Jul 2 20:52:39 2014] : Miriam: "Hopefull they're fine"
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:04 2014] : Vaddyn: "I doubt it. They weren't too far from the rivers edge"
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:06 2014] : Hildy: "I don't know, I'm good at making sure you stay alive in a fight, not this"
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:12 2014] : Miriam: Miriam looks around for wood and a safe place to burn it
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:14 2014] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(4) + 11] = 15
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:24 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:29 2014] : Artur: Survival: [1d20(19) + -1] = 18
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:41 2014] : DM: Everything is wet. It will be all be difficult to burn.
[Wed Jul 2 20:53:42 2014] : Artur: "I can set it on fire when the time comes."
[Wed Jul 2 20:54:15 2014] : Artur: ooc prepared to cast Burning Hands to dry it out a bit.
[Wed Jul 2 20:54:34 2014] : Hildy: Hildy looks for anything that would burn given enough heat applied
[Wed Jul 2 20:54:39 2014] : Hildy: Survival: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Jul 2 20:54:53 2014] : Hildy: ooc pitch in the swamp?
[Wed Jul 2 20:55:06 2014] : DM: With enough heat applied some of the dead branches of the trees will burn.
[Wed Jul 2 20:55:30 2014] : Artur: ooc would Burning Hands do the job?
[Wed Jul 2 20:55:43 2014] : DM: ooc spells tend not to ignite things
[Wed Jul 2 20:55:54 2014] : Hildy: ooc I probably don't know this, but freshly cut pine will burn easily
[Wed Jul 2 20:56:06 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Jul 2 20:56:30 2014] : Artur: ooc I have a spell specifically intended to set things on fire
[Wed Jul 2 20:56:46 2014] : Miriam: ooc Of course you have LOL
[Wed Jul 2 20:56:47 2014] : Hildy: ooc pyrotechnics?
[Wed Jul 2 20:56:56 2014] : DM: With some effort you scrap together enough dead wood than isn't rotten with damp.
[Wed Jul 2 20:57:11 2014] : Artur: ooc Spark: You can make an unattended Fine flammable object catch on fire. This works as if you were using flint and steel except that you can use spark in any sort of weather and it takes much less time to actually ignite an object.
[Wed Jul 2 20:57:32 2014] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 2 20:57:52 2014] : DM: Artur gets a good blaze goingm fire cheers you up and starts to dry you out.
[Wed Jul 2 20:58:34 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn huddles as close as he dares
[Wed Jul 2 20:59:07 2014] : Miriam: Miriam rummages in her haversack and hands Vaddyn a blanket
[Wed Jul 2 20:59:13 2014] : Miriam: "Get warm"
[Wed Jul 2 20:59:27 2014] : DM: Is the plan to wait until the morning and different selection of spells?
[Wed Jul 2 20:59:28 2014] : Artur: "That is much better."
[Wed Jul 2 20:59:43 2014] : Vaddyn: "Danks Miwiamb"
[Wed Jul 2 21:00:24 2014] : Artur: ooc assuming we have to cross this river to get back, then yes.
[Wed Jul 2 21:01:00 2014] : Hildy: ooc that look like Dutch ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:01:11 2014] : DM: The night passes uneventfully, the flood waters only receeding slightly overnight.
[Wed Jul 2 21:01:28 2014] : Hildy: "My spells and powers are very much depleted"
[Wed Jul 2 21:01:53 2014] : Hildy: ooc Artur, what spell are you using to get us over? I can cast air walk
[Wed Jul 2 21:01:57 2014] : Artur: "I feel full of... fire this morning."
[Wed Jul 2 21:01:59 2014] : Artur: ooc Fly
[Wed Jul 2 21:02:38 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn feels much better after a night by the fire
[Wed Jul 2 21:03:53 2014] : Vaddyn: "So how do we get out of this then?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:04:30 2014] : Hildy: "I can cast a spell that allows me to walk over the water"
[Wed Jul 2 21:04:59 2014] : DM: ooc on the surface or in the air above it?
[Wed Jul 2 21:05:00 2014] : Artur: "I can allow us to fly. All of us, if we need to."
[Wed Jul 2 21:05:16 2014] : Vaddyn: "That sounds impressive"
[Wed Jul 2 21:05:42 2014] : Hildy: "Well, actuall I can walk on air, well away from the water"
[Wed Jul 2 21:06:07 2014] : DM: ooc how high can an aboleth leap. Hmmm. ;)
[Wed Jul 2 21:06:45 2014] : Artur: ooc I can cast 4 Fly spells. Hmmm.
[Wed Jul 2 21:07:08 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc no point blowing all of them if Hildy can get over on his own
[Wed Jul 2 21:07:53 2014] : Artur: ooc but he might get fished
[Wed Jul 2 21:08:31 2014] : Hildy: ooc absolutley
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:06 2014] : Hildy: ooc I'd do more, but it's level 4 and that clashes with blessing of fervour etc.
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:20 2014] : Artur: ooc Fly is L3 - let's go that way.
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:29 2014] : Hildy: ooc I'll air walk
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:41 2014] : Hildy: ooc then you can have a haste ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:42 2014] : Artur: Artur tires of the arguing, and casts Fly on everyone
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:46 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:48 2014] : Artur: Fly: The creature touched gains a fly speed of 60' (40' if encumbered) for 7 minutes.
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:48 2014] : Artur: Fly: The creature touched gains a fly speed of 60' (40' if encumbered) for 7 minutes.
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:49 2014] : Artur: Fly: The creature touched gains a fly speed of 60' (40' if encumbered) for 7 minutes.
[Wed Jul 2 21:09:50 2014] : Artur: Fly: The creature touched gains a fly speed of 60' (40' if encumbered) for 7 minutes.
[Wed Jul 2 21:10:27 2014] : Hildy: HIldy runs away before Artur casts on him ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:10:39 2014] : Hildy: ooc I probably have a terrible fly skill
[Wed Jul 2 21:10:51 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur doesn't know Haste.
[Wed Jul 2 21:10:54 2014] : DM: You fly across the flood waters, over the spot were you left your horses (now over a metre deep in water) and finally to the dry ground past the opposite bank.
[Wed Jul 2 21:11:14 2014] : Miriam: ooc Fly skill doesn't matter unless you're really trying to manoeuvre
[Wed Jul 2 21:11:39 2014] : DM: Landing in the forest isn't easy. Fly checks.
[Wed Jul 2 21:11:48 2014] : Hildy: Fly: [1d20(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:05 2014] : Artur: Fly: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:21 2014] : DM: Hildy crashes into a tree on the way down, taking [2d6(4,5)] = 9 damage.
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:22 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I have no fly node
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:27 2014] : Vaddyn: Dexterity: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:34 2014] : DM: A branch whips Artur in the face [1d6(3)] = 3 damage.
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:42 2014] : DM: [2d6(5,6)] = 11 damage to Vaddyn.
[Wed Jul 2 21:12:48 2014] : Hildy: 9 Damage: Hildy takes 9 damage. [Wed Jul 2 21:12:52 2014] : Vaddyn: 11 Damage: Vaddyn takes 11 damage. [Wed Jul 2 21:12:59 2014] : DM: As he bounces off a tree and lands heavily.
[Wed Jul 2 21:13:05 2014] : Miriam: Fly: [1d20(4) + -1] = 3
[Wed Jul 2 21:13:10 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets not try that again in a hurry"
[Wed Jul 2 21:13:47 2014] : Miriam: "I do believe I'd rather take a boat"
[Wed Jul 2 21:13:48 2014] : Hildy: "Aye, and now I have an air walk spell memorised regardless"
[Wed Jul 2 21:14:08 2014] : DM: Miriam crashes straight into a tree taking [3d6(6,2,6)] = 14 damage and leaving her tangles in the branches high in the tree's crown.
[Wed Jul 2 21:14:52 2014] : Miriam: 14 Damage: Miriam takes 14 damage. [Wed Jul 2 21:14:58 2014] : Miriam: ooc Oops
[Wed Jul 2 21:15:14 2014] : DM: Climb check to get down
[Wed Jul 2 21:15:21 2014] : Miriam: Climb: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21
[Wed Jul 2 21:15:40 2014] : DM: Miriam untangles herself from the branches and works her way down carefully to the ground.
[Wed Jul 2 21:15:45 2014] : Hildy: HIldy gathers everyone
[Wed Jul 2 21:15:49 2014] : Hildy: Hildy channels positive energy. All living creatures in a 30 ft radius gain [4d6(6,3,1,6)] = 16 HP healing.
[Wed Jul 2 21:15:55 2014] : Hildy: Healing: Regain 16 HP. [Wed Jul 2 21:16:01 2014] : Vaddyn: Healing: Regain 16 HP. [Wed Jul 2 21:16:28 2014] : Miriam: Healing: Regain 16 HP. [Wed Jul 2 21:16:39 2014] : Miriam: "Thank you"
[Wed Jul 2 21:17:25 2014] : Vaddyn: "Now, do we try to find the last bandit, or head back to town"
[Wed Jul 2 21:17:29 2014] : Hildy: ooc still loving the clicky HP thing :-D
[Wed Jul 2 21:17:44 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah, its great
[Wed Jul 2 21:17:57 2014] : DM: ooc gets a bit slow if you have lots of nodes that use it.
[Wed Jul 2 21:18:25 2014] : DM: What next?
[Wed Jul 2 21:18:33 2014] : Hildy: "OK, shall we see if we still have horses?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:18:37 2014] : Miriam: ooc But it's soooo handy, who cares about slow?
[Wed Jul 2 21:18:53 2014] : Miriam: "Yes, I want to check on them"
[Wed Jul 2 21:19:07 2014] : DM: The horses are gone.
[Wed Jul 2 21:20:05 2014] : Hildy: "Well, it's to be expected I suppose"
[Wed Jul 2 21:20:17 2014] : Hildy: "What are we doing about the 6th bandit?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:20:27 2014] : Hildy: ooc do we know a description?
[Wed Jul 2 21:20:35 2014] : DM: ooc yes.
[Wed Jul 2 21:20:44 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc have we any leads?
[Wed Jul 2 21:20:44 2014] : Hildy: ooc can you recap ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:21:05 2014] : DM: ooc one moment
[Wed Jul 2 21:21:15 2014] : Hildy: "Umm, what's our proof that we killed these guys by the way?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:21:26 2014] : Miriam: ooc I hate it when our horses die. I get attached to the creatures
[Wed Jul 2 21:22:16 2014] : Hildy: ooc far too easily killed at higher levels to be used as long-lasting transportation
[Wed Jul 2 21:22:55 2014] : Hildy: ooc It's only right and proper that the DM kills them periodically ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:22:59 2014] : Vaddyn: "Would the equipment we looted from the bodies be proof?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:23:01 2014] : Miriam: ooc Still hate it, and I can never see them as just a way of transport
[Wed Jul 2 21:24:23 2014] : DM: The sixth bandit is Nicola Roydon, a tiefling woman with reddish-bronze coloured hair, horns and a tail. She's very distinctive.
[Wed Jul 2 21:24:28 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I'm only upset at having to replace it and the kit it carried
[Wed Jul 2 21:24:50 2014] : DM: She is wanted for several counts of thievery and is said to favour a rapier.
[Wed Jul 2 21:25:04 2014] : Vaddyn: "I wonder if she was carried away by the flood"
[Wed Jul 2 21:25:07 2014] : Artur: "It cannot do much harm."
[Wed Jul 2 21:26:18 2014] : DM: Where are you going now?
[Wed Jul 2 21:26:21 2014] : Hildy: "Any ideas how to search for her?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:27:20 2014] : Artur: "I have no skill in magical search. Asking questions would be the next idea."
[Wed Jul 2 21:27:59 2014] : Vaddyn: "I dont see anyone to ask"
[Wed Jul 2 21:28:32 2014] : Miriam: ooc Wouldn't it stand to reason if we'd asked what kind of prove was needed, before riding out?
[Wed Jul 2 21:28:32 2014] : Artur: "In town, Vaddyn."
[Wed Jul 2 21:28:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "May as well start trudging back now"
[Wed Jul 2 21:28:50 2014] : Artur: ooc it would, but we're too trigger-happy for that ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:29:33 2014] : Hildy: "I expected her to be with the others"
[Wed Jul 2 21:29:51 2014] : DM: ooc FWIW, I consider having to collect a token but I thought it would be more interesting to have to convince the captain you killed them.
[Wed Jul 2 21:30:12 2014] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps she was but ran away"
[Wed Jul 2 21:30:15 2014] : Hildy: "I didn't get the impression that this was more than one contract"
[Wed Jul 2 21:30:29 2014] : Hildy: "Aye, maybe they fell out"
[Wed Jul 2 21:30:55 2014] : Miriam: ooc I'm not collecting body parts, so he'd better just believe me ;)
[Wed Jul 2 21:31:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "Me neither. Perhaps the flood waters carried her off"
[Wed Jul 2 21:32:07 2014] : Hildy: "Let's head back anyway..."
[Wed Jul 2 21:32:11 2014] : Miriam: "Let's get back and keep an eye our for her"
[Wed Jul 2 21:32:26 2014] : Hildy: "A flood like that might drive anyone back to town"
[Wed Jul 2 21:34:05 2014] : Hildy: Hildy begins to walk, thankful for his light armour
[Wed Jul 2 21:34:20 2014] : DM: You head back to Port Dagger. Along the way you meet up with a army patrol leading five bedraggled horses. They look familiar...
[Wed Jul 2 21:34:41 2014] : Artur: "I know that horse!"
[Wed Jul 2 21:34:50 2014] : Miriam: "Star!"
[Wed Jul 2 21:34:52 2014] : Corporal Havers: "Hullo there, you weren't caught out in the dreadful storm were you?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:35:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "What gave it away?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:35:10 2014] : Hildy: "Aha! Yes, we managed to avoid the flood though"
[Wed Jul 2 21:35:20 2014] : Corporal Havers: "You say these are your horses?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:35:39 2014] : Hildy: "Mine is the one with chain barding"
[Wed Jul 2 21:35:45 2014] : Artur: "They were our horses before the storm. We were hunting."
[Wed Jul 2 21:36:17 2014] : Corporal Havers: "And how do I know you're not just saying that? You don't look very reputable to me. Perhaps you're bandits."
[Wed Jul 2 21:36:54 2014] : Hildy: "We are the troop that cleared the border fort problem"
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:04 2014] : Hildy: "A little worse for the weather"
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:13 2014] : Corporal Havers: Diplomacy check
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:14 2014] : Artur: "Always this suspicion."
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:23 2014] : Miriam: Miriam walks up to her horse
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:25 2014] : Hildy: Diplomacy: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:29 2014] : Vaddyn: "We're all little bedraggled Corporal"
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:33 2014] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(15) + 15] = 30
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:39 2014] : Miriam: "Star, I'm so happy you're alright"
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:45 2014] : Corporal Havers: "Oh aye, I've heard about you. He warms up to you."
[Wed Jul 2 21:37:50 2014] : Corporal Havers: Miriam, handle animal check.
[Wed Jul 2 21:38:12 2014] : Hildy: ooc mine doesn't have a name, the most important thing about him is the barding ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:38:31 2014] : Corporal Havers: "You're a handy group to have around, but I can't just hand over recovered horses. There are rules, you see."
[Wed Jul 2 21:38:55 2014] : Artur: "What are the rules, and what do we need to do to get our horses back?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:39:09 2014] : Vaddyn: "Rules you say?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:39:11 2014] : Corporal Havers: "I need to know these are yours."
[Wed Jul 2 21:39:28 2014] : Corporal Havers: "You need to prove it."
[Wed Jul 2 21:39:42 2014] : Hildy: Hildy walks to his and strokes its nuzzle
[Wed Jul 2 21:39:49 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc just checked and apparently I have saddlebags, but nothing in them
[Wed Jul 2 21:39:56 2014] : Hildy: ooc me too
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:12 2014] : Miriam: Miriam describes the contents of the saddle bags, as she shows the mutual affection between her and Star
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:20 2014] : Corporal Havers: Handle animal check for those trying to get the horse to recognize them.
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:21 2014] : Hildy: Charisma: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:27 2014] : Artur: Handle Animal: [1d20(17) + 9] = 26
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:30 2014] : Miriam: Handle Animal: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:44 2014] : Artur: Artur describes the flammable materials in his saddlebags
[Wed Jul 2 21:40:56 2014] : Corporal Havers: (To Artur) "Well I see that horse is yours, Sir."
[Wed Jul 2 21:41:05 2014] : Hildy: Talon: Celestial Eagle: 2 talons [1d20(10) + 3] = 13; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2] = 3 HP
[1d20(16) + 3] = 19; Damage: [1d4(2) + 2] = 4 HP

[Wed Jul 2 21:41:08 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn hums an odd tune as he approaches his horse
[Wed Jul 2 21:41:08 2014] : Vaddyn: Handle Animal: [1d20(8) + 15] = 23
[Wed Jul 2 21:41:15 2014] : Hildy: ooc grrr
[Wed Jul 2 21:41:50 2014] : Hildy: "The saddlebags on mine are empty. I have everything in my handy haversack"
[Wed Jul 2 21:42:00 2014] : Corporal Havers: The soldier check the contents of Star's bags and hand the reins to Miriam.
[Wed Jul 2 21:42:21 2014] : Hildy: "I shall add something personal when I get her back"
[Wed Jul 2 21:42:22 2014] : Corporal Havers: Vaddyn horse whickers affectionately and Havers agrees that its his horse.
[Wed Jul 2 21:42:37 2014] : Corporal Havers: Hildy's horse looks rather indifferent.
[Wed Jul 2 21:42:43 2014] : Corporal Havers: "Are you sure that's your horse, Sir?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:42:49 2014] : Hildy: "Look, I'm no horse master..."
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "Corporal, were all the horses found together?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:12 2014] : Hildy: "But logically, who else can own it? It's with the others"
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:12 2014] : Corporal Havers: "Aye."
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:27 2014] : Corporal Havers: "Oh, I suppose that makes sense."
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:27 2014] : Hildy: "And as I said mine has a chain shirt"
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:27 2014] : Vaddyn: "Then surely it must be my friends horse"
[Wed Jul 2 21:43:33 2014] : Miriam: "Thank you"
[Wed Jul 2 21:44:02 2014] : Hildy: "Thanks for your consideration"
[Wed Jul 2 21:44:28 2014] : Hildy: "Vaddyn, can you dry out the horse blankets and saddles with your spell?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:44:51 2014] : Corporal Havers: Patrol heads off.
[Wed Jul 2 21:45:05 2014] : Hildy: "I don't suppose you've seen a tiefling?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:45:06 2014] : Vaddyn: Prestidigitation: Level 0 - Perform simple magical effects for 1 hour
[Wed Jul 2 21:45:15 2014] : DM: The patrol had not.
[Wed Jul 2 21:45:29 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn dries out and heats the horse blankets a little
[Wed Jul 2 21:45:54 2014] : Miriam: ooc Thank you for that, David :)
[Wed Jul 2 21:46:14 2014] : Hildy: ooc way kinder than me ;-)
[Wed Jul 2 21:47:01 2014] : Artur: ooc :)
[Wed Jul 2 21:47:02 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc saved me ~100gp :)
[Wed Jul 2 21:47:03 2014] : Hildy: "Are they injured?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:47:07 2014] : DM: You return to Port Dagger
[Wed Jul 2 21:47:09 2014] : Hildy: ooc saved me over 500
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:03 2014] : Hildy: "So let's go and tell the mercs that we killed 5 out of 6"
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:14 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok"
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:15 2014] : Artur: "Since we are here."
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:23 2014] : DM: The town is in turmoil, soldiers marshalling and moving out. Farmers trudging into town, family in tow with barely any possesions.
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:49 2014] : Hildy: Hildy looks on
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:52 2014] : Artur: "I suspect the town has other priorities."
[Wed Jul 2 21:48:53 2014] : DM: It looks like the flood as been devastating to some of the country folk.
[Wed Jul 2 21:49:27 2014] : Hildy: "Well, we weren't getting paid for this one"
[Wed Jul 2 21:49:41 2014] : DM: You head for the Green Company camp to find them but they've gone. packed up and left with only the trampled ground left behind.
[Wed Jul 2 21:49:43 2014] : Vaddyn: "looks like we fared better than others"
[Wed Jul 2 21:49:48 2014] : Miriam: "Let it suffice we know we did the job"
[Wed Jul 2 21:49:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "Argh!"
[Wed Jul 2 21:50:50 2014] : Hildy: "Where to now?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:51:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "Right, lets see if we can get a room for the night. Might be difficult though - seems like half the country is here"
[Wed Jul 2 21:51:20 2014] : Hildy: "Let's see if any of the farmers heading in have news of the tiefling"
[Wed Jul 2 21:51:29 2014] : Artur: "I suggest we see if there is anywhere else to travel. Too many people here. Too much that will not burn."
[Wed Jul 2 21:51:52 2014] : Hildy: Hildy raises an eyebrow
[Wed Jul 2 21:52:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "Forget the tiefling, Green Company have cleared out. Why should we care what they wanted us to do?"
[Wed Jul 2 21:52:42 2014] : Miriam: "Depends on how dangerous she is"
[Wed Jul 2 21:52:46 2014] : Hildy: "I for one like to finish a job when there are evil folks involved"
[Wed Jul 2 21:52:57 2014] : Artur: "I think she will not trouble us."
[Wed Jul 2 21:53:10 2014] : Hildy: "Also, they'll be back at some point"
[Wed Jul 2 21:53:25 2014] : Vaddyn: "We have no idea where she could be, assuming she survived the flood"
[Wed Jul 2 21:53:48 2014] : Hildy: "They seem very green to me anyway... Those fools we killed would have been toast against those bandits"
[Wed Jul 2 21:54:10 2014] : Artur: "I think a library would be a good place to research some divination spells."
[Wed Jul 2 21:54:24 2014] : Hildy: "It won't hurt to spend an hour asking farmers"
[Wed Jul 2 21:55:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok then"
[Wed Jul 2 21:55:04 2014] : Miriam: "No, it won't"
[Wed Jul 2 21:55:11 2014] : DM: GAME END