Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jun 18 19:58:51 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jun 18 19:59:46 2014] : DM: You are on the bank of the wide, slow moving river through this swampy forest. On the otherside of the bank you think you saw the smoke from the campfire of the bandits you are tracking.
[Wed Jun 18 20:00:26 2014] : DM: There's a boat you can use to cross but in the river, you saw the fin of a huge aboleth.
[Wed Jun 18 20:00:50 2014] : DM: You decided to camp for the night, a short distance away under cover.
[Wed Jun 18 20:01:23 2014] : Hildy: Protection from Evil: Level 1 - Touched creature gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves vs evil creatures. They are also warded from summoned evil creatures. (duration: 8 minutes)
[Wed Jun 18 20:01:25 2014] : DM: That night while...
[Wed Jun 18 20:01:28 2014] : DM: [1d3(3)] = 3
[Wed Jun 18 20:01:30 2014] : Hildy: ooc oops, sorry
[Wed Jun 18 20:01:36 2014] : DM: Miriam is on watch.
[Wed Jun 18 20:02:26 2014] : DM: Miriam, you see a light bobbing in the distance, yellow and flickering like a lantern.
[Wed Jun 18 20:02:31 2014] : DM: Perception check
[Wed Jun 18 20:04:15 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Jun 18 20:04:29 2014] : DM: What do you do?
[Wed Jun 18 20:04:37 2014] : Miriam: ooc I must be getting tired ;)
[Wed Jun 18 20:04:48 2014] : ** Miriam nudges the others **
[Wed Jun 18 20:05:00 2014] : DM: Perception checks from everyone else
[Wed Jun 18 20:05:02 2014] : Miriam: "It looks like somebody's coming"
[Wed Jun 18 20:05:05 2014] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Jun 18 20:05:11 2014] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Jun 18 20:05:18 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc aren't we the alert bunch
[Wed Jun 18 20:05:49 2014] : DM: The light is joined by a second, they're moving away from the bank, deeper into the swamp.
[Wed Jun 18 20:06:09 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 18 20:06:11 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc our side of the river?
[Wed Jun 18 20:06:17 2014] : DM: Yes
[Wed Jun 18 20:07:04 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc are they heading back the way we came?
[Wed Jun 18 20:07:18 2014] : DM: Roughly, yes
[Wed Jun 18 20:08:55 2014] : Vaddyn: (whisper) "Do you think they're going to look for the one we killed?"
[Wed Jun 18 20:10:04 2014] : Hildy: "Possibly"
[Wed Jun 18 20:10:19 2014] : Hildy: "If they've split up now is maybe a good time to get them"
[Wed Jun 18 20:10:30 2014] : Hildy: "Though I can see squat in the dark"
[Wed Jun 18 20:10:37 2014] : Miriam: "Why else would they be on the move, in the middle of the night?"
[Wed Jun 18 20:11:18 2014] : Vaddyn: "I can see a bit with these goggles on"
[Wed Jun 18 20:11:19 2014] : Miriam: "But it's so light, with the moon and stars and all. Much lighter than below ground"
[Wed Jun 18 20:12:09 2014] : Miriam: ooc Brian's built a nice fire in the wood burner :)
[Wed Jun 18 20:12:26 2014] : Vaddyn: "Should we track them? Maybe take out a few more while they're split up?"
[Wed Jun 18 20:12:55 2014] : Hildy: "Agreed, but my light source may be a give away"
[Wed Jun 18 20:13:26 2014] : Hildy: Hildy lights a stone and drops it into a bullseye lantern
[Wed Jun 18 20:13:34 2014] : Hildy: Light: Level 0 - Causes a touched object to glow like a torch for 80 minutes
[Wed Jun 18 20:13:53 2014] : Hildy: "This is directional at least"
[Wed Jun 18 20:14:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok, lets go."
[Wed Jun 18 20:14:20 2014] : Miriam: "Sure"
[Wed Jun 18 20:14:36 2014] : DM: Survival checks
[Wed Jun 18 20:14:51 2014] : Hildy: "Remember not to charge into battle before I cast spells Miriam"
[Wed Jun 18 20:14:56 2014] : Hildy: Survival: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Jun 18 20:15:05 2014] : Vaddyn: Survival: [1d20(13) + -1] = 12
[Wed Jun 18 20:15:31 2014] : Hildy: ooc somebody dump statted wisdom ;-)
[Wed Jun 18 20:16:11 2014] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31
[Wed Jun 18 20:16:26 2014] : Miriam: "OK" (small sigh)
[Wed Jun 18 20:16:29 2014] : DM: Miriam leads the way, picking a path through the boggy terrain.
[Wed Jun 18 20:16:32 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc seemed like a good idea at the time ;)
[Wed Jun 18 20:16:46 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 18 20:16:59 2014] : DM: The lights lead you to a clearing, lush with ferns and tall horsetails.
[Wed Jun 18 20:17:04 2014] : DM: Perception checks.
[Wed Jun 18 20:17:26 2014] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(5) + 6] = 11
[Wed Jun 18 20:17:28 2014] : DM: The lights are just beyond the trees at the end of the clearing, still moving away.
[Wed Jun 18 20:19:26 2014] : Hildy: Perception: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Jun 18 20:19:41 2014] : DM: [1d20(11) + 16] = 27
[Wed Jun 18 20:20:30 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Jun 18 20:20:51 2014] : ** Miriam blinks her eyes **
[Wed Jun 18 20:21:26 2014] : DM: You are crossing the clearing when... a large mound suddenly looms in front of you, fibrous tentacles lashing out.
[Wed Jun 18 20:21:30 2014] : DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Jun 18 20:21:38 2014] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Jun 18 20:21:41 2014] : Hildy: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Jun 18 20:22:04 2014] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 0] = 8
[Wed Jun 18 20:22:08 2014] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 13] = 15
[Wed Jun 18 20:22:24 2014] : Miriam: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 8] = 16
[Wed Jun 18 20:22:46 2014] : Miriam: ooc Knowledge check?
[Wed Jun 18 20:22:54 2014] : DM: ooc nature
[Wed Jun 18 20:22:59 2014] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28
[Wed Jun 18 20:23:05 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27
[Wed Jun 18 20:23:59 2014] : DM: A shambling mound as ambushed you. They are immune to electricity and resist 10 fire.
[Wed Jun 18 20:24:23 2014] : DM: They're slow moving and they try to grab their prey with their tentacles.
[Wed Jun 18 20:25:40 2014] : Miriam: "Better keep out of its reach"
[Wed Jun 18 20:26:33 2014] : Shambling Mound: The mound lashes out at Miriam
[Wed Jun 18 20:26:37 2014] : Shambling Mound: Slam: [1d20(8) + 11] = 19; Hit: [2d6(6,6) + 5] = 17 electricity damage and grab.
[Wed Jun 18 20:26:51 2014] : Shambling Mound: Miss
[Wed Jun 18 20:27:05 2014] : Shambling Mound: ooc normal damage not electric
[Wed Jun 18 20:27:16 2014] : DM: Miriam?
[Wed Jun 18 20:27:20 2014] : Miriam: Miriam takes a 5 foot step and swings her axe
[Wed Jun 18 20:27:29 2014] : Miriam: +1 Dwarven Waraxe Power Attack: [1d20(14) + 12] = 26 Damage: [1d10(10) + 10] = 20 HP.
[Wed Jun 18 20:27:36 2014] : Miriam: Done
[Wed Jun 18 20:28:13 2014] : DM: One hit bites deap into the woody flesh
[Wed Jun 18 20:29:02 2014] : Will-o'-Wisp: The lights enter the clearing. You see they're just floating orbs of light, not lanterns.
[Wed Jun 18 20:29:35 2014] : Miriam: ooc We've been lured here!
[Wed Jun 18 20:29:38 2014] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Jun 18 20:29:52 2014] : DM: ooc knowledge dungeoneering
[Wed Jun 18 20:30:05 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Dungeoneering: [1d20(12) + 9] = 21
[Wed Jun 18 20:30:18 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents.(Move action) +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Jun 18 20:30:33 2014] : Vaddyn: Confusion: Level 3 - Confuses creatures in a 15 ft. radius burst (Will save DC 17) to negate;
Confused creatures actions are determined at the start of their round. (180 ft range; Duration = 8 rounds.)

[Wed Jun 18 20:30:50 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc sHould be able to get A and C with that
[Wed Jun 18 20:30:54 2014] : DM: The lights are will-o'-the-wisps. They are immune to magic.
[Wed Jun 18 20:31:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc Well, A anyway
[Wed Jun 18 20:31:31 2014] : DM: ooc The spell does nothing, plants are immune to mind affecting spells.
[Wed Jun 18 20:31:33 2014] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Jun 18 20:31:41 2014] : DM: Hildy?
[Wed Jun 18 20:31:44 2014] : Hildy: Blessing of Fervour: Level 4 - You grant a boon to up to 8 creatures, no 2 of which can be more than 30 feet apart. (Range: 45 feet; Duration: 8 rounds).
Each round, recipients can choose: