Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed May 14 20:07:45 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed May 14 20:09:01 2014] : DM: You were released without charge by the Port Dagger town guard and handed in the ancient stone tablets to wizard Thomaz.
[Wed May 14 20:09:09 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc HP roll
[Wed May 14 20:09:10 2014] : Vaddyn: [1d8(2)] = 2
[Wed May 14 20:09:14 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc boo
[Wed May 14 20:09:51 2014] : Miriam: ooc Could be worse (though not by a lot)
[Wed May 14 20:09:57 2014] : DM: You're in the common room of the Axe and Shield tavern, drinking and discussing what to do next.
[Wed May 14 20:09:57 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc 'we' rested didn't we?
[Wed May 14 20:10:09 2014] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed May 14 20:10:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "So does anyone else think those mercs are going to be out for revenge?"
[Wed May 14 20:11:19 2014] : Hildy: "I feel blessed by Domestos following our return... I'm just going to give thanks upstairs"
[Wed May 14 20:11:38 2014] : Hildy: Hildy goes upstairs to pray for 15 minutes
[Wed May 14 20:11:46 2014] : Hildy: ooc getting my level up spells
[Wed May 14 20:12:02 2014] : Artur: "I think, perhaps, a little more study would be useful."
[Wed May 14 20:12:07 2014] : Artur: ooc preparing some spells.
[Wed May 14 20:14:27 2014] : Hildy: ooc sorry Vaddyn, I look very rude not answering you and just walking away!
[Wed May 14 20:14:45 2014] : Hildy: Hildy replies to Vaddyn before going upstairs...
[Wed May 14 20:14:54 2014] : Hildy: "Yes, looks like it!"
[Wed May 14 20:15:38 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn shrugs and finishes his drink in silence
[Wed May 14 20:17:04 2014] : Vaddyn: (When they return) "Do we run or stand our ground?"
[Wed May 14 20:17:44 2014] : Hildy: "I think running only makes us look guilty"
[Wed May 14 20:18:38 2014] : Miriam: "I don't like running away"
[Wed May 14 20:18:48 2014] : Vaddyn: "Indeed, but how many are going to be after us?"
[Wed May 14 20:20:28 2014] : Artur: "Not enough, fast enough, that we will have a problem, I think."
[Wed May 14 20:20:28 2014] : DM: ooc you don't know much about the Green Company. Certainly not how many there or how many are here in Port Dagger.
[Wed May 14 20:21:17 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc how busy is the bar?
[Wed May 14 20:22:00 2014] : DM: It's early evening and the tavern is starting to fill up with craftpeople, merchants and a few off-duty junior officers.
[Wed May 14 20:22:17 2014] : Miriam: Acrobatics: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed May 14 20:22:59 2014] : Miriam: ooc Sorry
[Wed May 14 20:23:16 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks around for someone who might know a thing or two about Green Company
[Wed May 14 20:24:04 2014] : Hildy: "We should probably sell off some of the stuff we've accrued"
[Wed May 14 20:24:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps a local shopkeep could tell us about these mercs"
[Wed May 14 20:25:13 2014] : Miriam: Ride: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15
[Wed May 14 20:25:36 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets go find one"
[Wed May 14 20:25:43 2014] : Artur: "And perhaps, the right sort of tavern would be a good place to ask. This place is, perhaps, too clean."
[Wed May 14 20:26:59 2014] : DM: ooc I'm sure I should be making you do skill rolls but I can't see any relevant ones.
[Wed May 14 20:27:08 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc neither could I
[Wed May 14 20:27:17 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc iirc 3,5 had Gather Information
[Wed May 14 20:27:32 2014] : Hildy: ooc that was rolled into another... can't remember what
[Wed May 14 20:27:34 2014] : DM: Knowledge: local to find someone relevant to talk to.
[Wed May 14 20:27:43 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Local: [1d20(11) + 9] = 20 (+2 for local music)
[Wed May 14 20:27:54 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn ponders...
[Wed May 14 20:28:05 2014] : Hildy: ooc Diplomacy
[Wed May 14 20:28:19 2014] : Miriam: ooc Inn keepers know everything about everyone, don't they?
[Wed May 14 20:28:24 2014] : Hildy: ooc You can also use Diplomacy to gather information about a specific topic or individual. To do this, you must spend at least 1d4 hours canvassing people at local taverns, markets, and gathering places. The DC of this check depends on the obscurity of the information sought, but for most commonly known facts or rumors it is 10. For obscure or secret knowledge, the DC might increase to 20 or higher. The GM might rule that some topics are simply unknown to common folk.
[Wed May 14 20:28:38 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc ahh
[Wed May 14 20:29:01 2014] : Hildy: ooc good old PFSRD
[Wed May 14 20:29:03 2014] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(17) + 15] = 32
[Wed May 14 20:29:09 2014] : Vaddyn: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed May 14 20:29:18 2014] : DM: Vaddyn see Zara Holt, who runs a weapon shop. Which seems like something mercenaries migth frequent.
[Wed May 14 20:30:04 2014] : Hildy: Hildy takes the opportunity to sell the rapier in the kit
[Wed May 14 20:30:24 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn strolls into Zaras shop
[Wed May 14 20:30:50 2014] : Hildy: Hildy gives Vaddyn the chimera's goat horn...
[Wed May 14 20:30:58 2014] : Hildy: "Sell that to her for use in something"
[Wed May 14 20:31:24 2014] : Holt: Holt is just closing up.
[Wed May 14 20:31:35 2014] : Holt: "I'm sorry, you'll have to come back tomorrow."
[Wed May 14 20:32:03 2014] : Vaddyn: "Would you be able to spare a few minutes? Got a few questions you could answer quickly"
[Wed May 14 20:32:13 2014] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(7) + 15] = 22
[Wed May 14 20:32:35 2014] : Holt: "If they're quick I suppose."
[Wed May 14 20:32:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "What do you know about Green Company?"
[Wed May 14 20:33:09 2014] : Holt: She moves about closing the shutters and putting the more expensive looking goods in sturdy cabinets.
[Wed May 14 20:33:12 2014] : Vaddyn: "How many are they? Are they any good?"
[Wed May 14 20:33:30 2014] : Holt: "Good customers, an eye for quality gear and willing to pay the price."
[Wed May 14 20:33:58 2014] : Miriam: Miriam goes with Hildy
[Wed May 14 20:34:01 2014] : Holt: "I saw them training when I made a delivery. They're organized and competant."
[Wed May 14 20:35:20 2014] : Hildy: ooc forget about the horn - I can craft something useful with it
[Wed May 14 20:35:26 2014] : Holt: "I think there's about 200 in total around the kingdom."
[Wed May 14 20:35:47 2014] : Holt: "You know there's a group of them here, in Port Dagger?"
[Wed May 14 20:36:13 2014] : Holt: "Are you looking to hire them?"
[Wed May 14 20:36:14 2014] : Vaddyn: "Yeah, we ran into them. How many are there here?"
[Wed May 14 20:36:37 2014] : Vaddyn: "We may have a little... business with them"
[Wed May 14 20:37:54 2014] : Holt: "Not sure exactly. Perhaps 20 I think."
[Wed May 14 20:38:09 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok. Thank you for your time."
[Wed May 14 20:38:24 2014] : Vaddyn: "What time do you open tomorrow?"
[Wed May 14 20:38:36 2014] : Holt: "No problem. Come back tomorrow, I have a few good, enchanted pieces you might be interested in."
[Wed May 14 20:38:54 2014] : Hildy: Hildy sells the crystals and armour to people who will buy them
[Wed May 14 20:39:04 2014] : Hildy: ooc can I find buyers?
[Wed May 14 20:39:18 2014] : Vaddyn: "Great. Thanks again"
[Wed May 14 20:39:19 2014] : Holt: ooc yes, but not until tomorrow.
[Wed May 14 20:40:55 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn returns to the others and shares what he has learned
[Wed May 14 20:41:38 2014] : Miriam: "20 here? Better not to wander out alone, then"
[Wed May 14 20:41:54 2014] : Vaddyn: "Around 20 armed and competent.... hmmm"
[Wed May 14 20:42:04 2014] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed May 14 20:43:05 2014] : Hildy: "Well, let's hope we don't meet them all at once"
[Wed May 14 20:43:24 2014] : Hildy: "We could consider wergild for the two dead men"
[Wed May 14 20:43:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "The one we... saved might have got them all riled up"
[Wed May 14 20:44:19 2014] : Vaddyn: "How much though?"
[Wed May 14 20:44:40 2014] : DM: Appraise check
[Wed May 14 20:44:58 2014] : Vaddyn: Appraise: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed May 14 20:45:12 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn starts counting on his fingers
[Wed May 14 20:47:27 2014] : Artur: "Or perhaps we could ooffer to take on a commission for them. Save them the risk."
[Wed May 14 20:48:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "I think we could be looking at over 1000gp per victim"
[Wed May 14 20:48:33 2014] : Miriam: "Offer to take on a commission sounds more like it"
[Wed May 14 20:49:23 2014] : Hildy: "It saves them the risk, but loses them the profit"
[Wed May 14 20:49:29 2014] : Vaddyn: "Possibly. Either way I think one of them at least will be out fir blood"
[Wed May 14 20:49:30 2014] : Hildy: "What's in it for them?"
[Wed May 14 20:49:47 2014] : Artur: "I was suggesting perhaps we hand them the profit."
[Wed May 14 20:50:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "Yes, Artur. They get the price, but we take the risk"
[Wed May 14 20:52:38 2014] : DM: (Everyone stares moodily into their drinks)
[Wed May 14 20:52:43 2014] : Vaddyn: "Well, we may as well get a nights sleep"
[Wed May 14 20:53:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "How about we go talk to them in the morning?"
[Wed May 14 20:53:12 2014] : Artur: "How do we ensure they do not attack us on sight?"
[Wed May 14 20:53:50 2014] : Miriam: "We can't, so let's not worry about that now"
[Wed May 14 20:54:11 2014] : Artur: "We could send them a letter."
[Wed May 14 20:54:22 2014] : Vaddyn: "Interesting idea Artur"
[Wed May 14 20:55:37 2014] : DM: ooc what would the letter say?
[Wed May 14 20:55:47 2014] : Hildy: "What would we write?"
[Wed May 14 20:56:20 2014] : Hildy: "Let's just be clear..."
[Wed May 14 20:56:26 2014] : Vaddyn: "I think we would be better just going in person. Surley they wouldn't just attack us in the town?
[Wed May 14 20:56:36 2014] : Hildy: "I'm all for avoiding un-necessary bloodshed..."
[Wed May 14 20:56:50 2014] : Artur: "It should be something like we have an offer of reparations. The deaths of your comrades are something we regret."
[Wed May 14 20:57:04 2014] : Hildy: "Especially given that they, on the surface, appear to add value to the region"
[Wed May 14 20:57:23 2014] : Hildy: "But are we all willin gto pay blood money for this?"
[Wed May 14 20:57:52 2014] : Vaddyn: "Dont offer anything right away. Just state regret and a request to talk"
[Wed May 14 20:57:59 2014] : Artur: "Better than killing all of them."
[Wed May 14 20:59:23 2014] : DM: Diplomacy check if you decide to write the letter.
[Wed May 14 20:59:34 2014] : Hildy: "I agree, but I want to ensure that we are all agreed"
[Wed May 14 20:59:48 2014] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(6) + 15] = 21
[Wed May 14 21:00:19 2014] : Hildy: ooc hold on, I have these to burn...
[Wed May 14 21:00:23 2014] : Hildy: Bit of Luck: Hildy touches a creature giving it a bit of luck. For the next [Wed May 14 21:00:35 2014] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(12) + 15] = 27
[Wed May 14 21:00:44 2014] : Hildy: ooc :-)
[Wed May 14 21:01:15 2014] : Artur: ooc /me writes explosive runes into the letter ;-)
[Wed May 14 21:01:21 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed May 14 21:01:31 2014] : DM: Vaddyn writes the letter. But where do you send it?
[Wed May 14 21:01:37 2014] : Hildy: "Rememebr folks, whenever you have a difficult task ahead, I can ask Domestos to aid you"
[Wed May 14 21:01:58 2014] : Hildy: "Just ask me and I will instill you with his divine luck"
[Wed May 14 21:02:04 2014] : Artur: "And we should send this to their local captain."
[Wed May 14 21:02:05 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn asks the barkeep if he knows someone who could deliver a letter
[Wed May 14 21:02:11 2014] : Artur: "I thank you, Hildebrand."
[Wed May 14 21:04:36 2014] : DM: A boy of about 12 sidles up. "You have something to deliver?"
[Wed May 14 21:05:03 2014] : Vaddyn: "Aye"
[Wed May 14 21:05:11 2014] : Artur: "A silver now, and one when you return with a reply. Try not to be followed."
[Wed May 14 21:05:58 2014] : DM: "Where to?"
[Wed May 14 21:06:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "Green Company"
[Wed May 14 21:06:13 2014] : Artur: "The Green Hand company."
[Wed May 14 21:06:21 2014] : DM: "Their camp outside of town?"
[Wed May 14 21:06:36 2014] : Vaddyn: "Wherever the leaders would be"
[Wed May 14 21:07:21 2014] : DM: "Sneaky is extra mind. 4 silvers, two now."
[Wed May 14 21:07:49 2014] : Vaddyn: "3. One now"
[Wed May 14 21:08:32 2014] : DM: "Alright."
[Wed May 14 21:09:08 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn hands over the letter and the silver
[Wed May 14 21:09:10 2014] : DM: The boy takes the coin and the letter and darts away,
[Wed May 14 21:09:28 2014] : DM: An hour later...
[Wed May 14 21:09:34 2014] : Miriam: "3 silvers? He'd better do a good job for that kind of money"
[Wed May 14 21:09:55 2014] : DM: The boy returns, appearing by your side. Letter in hand.
[Wed May 14 21:10:02 2014] : DM: "Coin first."
[Wed May 14 21:10:05 2014] : Artur: "It is still cheaper than the alternative, Miriam."
[Wed May 14 21:10:09 2014] : Vaddyn: "Dont want to risk him not delivering"
[Wed May 14 21:10:18 2014] : Artur: Artur hands over the coin
[Wed May 14 21:10:45 2014] : DM: "Ta." The boy pockets the coin and scurries away.
[Wed May 14 21:10:58 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn opens the letter
[Wed May 14 21:11:54 2014] : Miriam: "Boy!"
[Wed May 14 21:12:16 2014] : Miriam: Miriam winks at him and tosses him another silver
[Wed May 14 21:12:52 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn is too busy reading to notice
[Wed May 14 21:13:40 2014] : DM: "I would be pleased to negotiate reparations following the recent deaths of the soldiers under my command. Attend tomorrow morning where we shall discuss the particulars."
[Wed May 14 21:14:29 2014] : Vaddyn: "Well, this is encouraging. Or a trap"
[Wed May 14 21:14:36 2014] : DM: The brief note is signed "Captain Vicowitz"
[Wed May 14 21:15:10 2014] : Miriam: "We can handle traps"
[Wed May 14 21:15:29 2014] : Artur: "Particularly if they fire first."
[Wed May 14 21:16:11 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn rolls his eyes at Arturs obsession with fire
[Wed May 14 21:16:28 2014] : Artur: ooc shoot, not burn!
[Wed May 14 21:16:38 2014] : Hildy: "Well, I think we'd all do best with an early night"
[Wed May 14 21:16:40 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed May 14 21:16:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "Agreed Hildy"
[Wed May 14 21:16:51 2014] : Hildy: Hildy retires
[Wed May 14 21:17:05 2014] : DM: Tomorrow morning...
[Wed May 14 21:18:04 2014] : DM: going straight to camp?
[Wed May 14 21:18:10 2014] : Artur: ooc yep
[Wed May 14 21:18:15 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah
[Wed May 14 21:18:35 2014] : Miriam: ooc Yep
[Wed May 14 21:18:52 2014] : Hildy: ooc I need to pray first
[Wed May 14 21:19:02 2014] : DM: You leave town and head the the Green Company's camp on the shore.
[Wed May 14 21:19:17 2014] : Hildy: Hildy rises refreshed and prays
[Wed May 14 21:19:46 2014] : DM: It's well organized with tents in neat rows and guarded by alert soldiers.
[Wed May 14 21:20:20 2014] : DM: They watch you closely, hands near weapon hilts but they waves you on to the central tent, the largest.
[Wed May 14 21:21:58 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: You are show into the tent, seated at a folding table is the grey haired, captain. Old scars tell a history of combat.
[Wed May 14 21:22:25 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: Standing to one side is Eliza. She glares at you, her hand gripping the hilt of her sword.
[Wed May 14 21:22:36 2014] : Vaddyn: "Good morning Captain"
[Wed May 14 21:23:11 2014] : Miriam: "Good morning"
[Wed May 14 21:23:20 2014] : Artur: "Good morning."
[Wed May 14 21:23:33 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: "My terms are as follows: 1200 gold coins for Under Captain Jules and 400 gold coins for First Scout Erral."
[Wed May 14 21:23:46 2014] : Miriam: Miriam's hands are nowhere near her weapons
[Wed May 14 21:23:52 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: "The gold coins will be paid in full within 14 days."
[Wed May 14 21:24:17 2014] : Vaddyn: "I sense an 'or else'"
[Wed May 14 21:25:23 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: "This is a professional company. I do not threaten or bluster."
[Wed May 14 21:26:12 2014] : Vaddyn: "We accept no guilt for what happened nor do the local Guard hold us accountable"
[Wed May 14 21:28:12 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: "The town guard may have cleared you of murdur but the law allows us to claim blood money for those killed in battle."
[Wed May 14 21:28:52 2014] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps, however we wanted to be clear on the matter"
[Wed May 14 21:28:55 2014] : Artur: "And what does the law say about the collection of such monies?"
[Wed May 14 21:29:23 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: "As I said, you have fourteen days."
[Wed May 14 21:30:20 2014] : Artur: "Ask
[Wed May 14 21:30:32 2014] : Vaddyn: "And if the payment was made, would we have your garauntee that none of your members would ... continue to bare a grudge?"
[Wed May 14 21:31:03 2014] : Artur: "As an alternative, we could take one of the risks for oyou."
[Wed May 14 21:31:16 2014] : Captain Vicowitz: "The soldier under my command understand the law."
[Wed May 14 21:31:39 2014] : Vicowitz: "You wish to bargin?"
[Wed May 14 21:32:15 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn lets Artur speak
[Wed May 14 21:33:10 2014] : Artur: "If you have a dangerous commission, one that you would like to avoid, we could undertake it for you."
[Wed May 14 21:34:33 2014] : Vicowitz: Diplomacy check
[Wed May 14 21:34:48 2014] : Artur: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed May 14 21:34:52 2014] : Artur: ooc whew
[Wed May 14 21:35:06 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc nice
[Wed May 14 21:35:18 2014] : Miriam: ooc Who's the smoothest talker here?
[Wed May 14 21:35:28 2014] : Artur: ooc Vaddyn
[Wed May 14 21:35:49 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc my bonus is 15, but Artur was the one talking
[Wed May 14 21:35:55 2014] : Vicowitz: "We do not normally accept payment in kind for blood money."
[Wed May 14 21:36:23 2014] : Vaddyn: "Normally?"
[Wed May 14 21:37:18 2014] : Liz: "Sir, no disrespect intended, but you would negotiate with these bastards?"
[Wed May 14 21:38:32 2014] : Vicowitz: "The Company rules permit payment in kind at the discretion of the commander."
[Wed May 14 21:39:28 2014] : DM: "Two of our own were murdured and you would bargin?!" Liz seethes with anger.
[Wed May 14 21:40:01 2014] : Artur: "There was no murder, girl. No murder."
[Wed May 14 21:40:02 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn remains silent at Lizs outbursts
[Wed May 14 21:40:14 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur doesn't
[Wed May 14 21:40:20 2014] : Vicowitz: "Stand down, I am commander here. Your tone does not become a soldier of the Green Company."
[Wed May 14 21:40:44 2014] : Miriam: "We're sorry about what happened, but we thought we were attacked"
[Wed May 14 21:41:09 2014] : Vicowitz: "You are dismissed. Go and cool down and reflect on why we have rules against relationships between comrades."
[Wed May 14 21:41:49 2014] : DM: Liz snaps a salute and stalks out, glaring at you with a hateful stare.
[Wed May 14 21:42:01 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn raises his eyebrows at the Captains comment
[Wed May 14 21:42:38 2014] : Vicowitz: "Our current commision here is the capture or death of six bandits fled from the south."
[Wed May 14 21:43:04 2014] : Vicowitz: "If you were to do this task, your blood debt will be fulfilled."
[Wed May 14 21:43:35 2014] : Vaddyn: "That sounds interesting. May we have a moment to discuss this?"
[Wed May 14 21:43:44 2014] : Vicowitz: "Yes."
[Wed May 14 21:44:07 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn turns to the others and motions them into a circle
[Wed May 14 21:44:12 2014] : Vaddyn: "Whats do we think?"
[Wed May 14 21:44:26 2014] : Miriam: Miriam nods
[Wed May 14 21:44:38 2014] : Artur: "It is something to be attempted, I think."
[Wed May 14 21:44:55 2014] : Hildy: "Yes, sounds feasible"
[Wed May 14 21:45:21 2014] : Hildy: "I'm not sure if we are better simply paying"
[Wed May 14 21:45:45 2014] : Hildy: "It may appease the woman"
[Wed May 14 21:45:55 2014] : Vaddyn: "Paying may be simpler, true."
[Wed May 14 21:46:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "Hildy, I dont think anything will ever appease her. This is personal to her"
[Wed May 14 21:46:31 2014] : Hildy: "Yes, but she took particular exception to payment in kind"
[Wed May 14 21:46:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "No matter what we do she will hate us for all time. "
[Wed May 14 21:46:45 2014] : Artur: "But banditry is not something that should be encouraged. And this way we settle our debt."
[Wed May 14 21:46:51 2014] : Hildy: "Shall we say, we would not increase her pain"
[Wed May 14 21:47:12 2014] : Miriam: "I doubt payment in gold would appease her"
[Wed May 14 21:47:36 2014] : Miriam: "Let's rid the world of some bandits"
[Wed May 14 21:47:46 2014] : Hildy: "As you wish"
[Wed May 14 21:48:52 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn turns to the Captain
[Wed May 14 21:49:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "We appear to have a deal, Captain"
[Wed May 14 21:49:32 2014] : Artur: "Give us descriptions. As much information as you can."
[Wed May 14 21:49:44 2014] : Vicowitz: "Very well." He pulls out a piece of paper from a pile on his desk. "This has all the details."
[Wed May 14 21:50:29 2014] : Vicowitz: "We followed them north to near hear and they have either turned back south to hide in the woods or continued north into the Wilds."
[Wed May 14 21:51:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "Very well"
[Wed May 14 21:51:52 2014] : DM: The paper contains descriptions of the six bandits, four men and two women, aged between 20 and 45.
[Wed May 14 21:52:11 2014] : Artur: ooc does it give class and level? :-p
[Wed May 14 21:52:21 2014] : DM: ooc no :P
[Wed May 14 21:53:07 2014] : Artur: ooc or an indication of known capabilities
[Wed May 14 21:53:22 2014] : Miriam: "Can you tell us anything more about them? Strengths and weaknesses for example"
[Wed May 14 21:53:59 2014] : Hildy: "OK, we have some items to sell and perhaps we can begin tomorrow"
[Wed May 14 21:54:07 2014] : Hildy: ooc I need to write some scrolls
[Wed May 14 21:54:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "Captain, I am a little concerned that a certain one of your soldiers may take matters into her own hands."
[Wed May 14 21:55:26 2014] : DM: "That will not happen with a member of this company, I will personally ensure it."
[Wed May 14 21:56:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thank you Captain. I.. we apprieciate your reassurance"
[Wed May 14 21:57:00 2014] : Miriam: "We wouldn't want to have to hurt another one of your company members"
[Wed May 14 21:57:28 2014] : DM: The bandist are all skilled trackers and experience with living in the wilds. They have varied backgrounds, ex-soldiers, a royal huntsman, a sorcerer on the run after blowing up a research lab and a fallen paladin.
[Wed May 14 21:58:05 2014] : DM: There aren't many details on some of the bandits.
[Wed May 14 21:59:57 2014] : Vaddyn: "Good day Captain. We will likely leave town tomorrow"
[Wed May 14 22:00:41 2014] : Hildy: Once back at the inn...
[Wed May 14 22:01:00 2014] : Hildy: "Guys, I was rummaging in the loot bag and I found this evil feeling gem..."
[Wed May 14 22:01:18 2014] : DM: ooc fyi, there are at least three groups who can help you track the bandits down.
[Wed May 14 22:01:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "Dont touch it!"
[Wed May 14 22:01:55 2014] : Hildy: "It makes me uncomfortable... I think that we should destroy it, or see if (insert wizard name here) wants to buy it for study"
[Wed May 14 22:02:10 2014] : Hildy: "I had my gloves on"
[Wed May 14 22:03:01 2014] : Miriam: "Since it's evil, I prefer to destroy it"
[Wed May 14 22:03:38 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets ask the Wizard before we do anything"
[Wed May 14 22:04:23 2014] : Hildy: "I agree, studying evil is... a necessary evil"
[Wed May 14 22:04:31 2014] : Hildy: "If we are to overcome"
[Wed May 14 22:04:57 2014] : Hildy: ooc DM, will they give us anything for it, and if so how much?
[Wed May 14 22:05:00 2014] : Artur: ooc Thomasz
[Wed May 14 22:05:14 2014] : Hildy: ooc That guy ;-)
[Wed May 14 22:05:18 2014] : Miriam: "I don't like it, I eradicate evil, I don't need to study to do that"
[Wed May 14 22:05:18 2014] : DM: ooc yes. But I dont' know how much
[Wed May 14 22:05:34 2014] : Artur: "Perhaps, with appropriate protection, it might be studied."
[Wed May 14 22:06:28 2014] : Artur: "I would like to have a look."
[Wed May 14 22:06:38 2014] : Hildy: ooc 5000 gp would give us 3000 each and a little in the kitty ;-)
[Wed May 14 22:07:04 2014] : Miriam: ooc :)
[Wed May 14 22:07:33 2014] : Hildy: "Ah, Artur... is it safe to do so when we seldom spend any time to study?"
[Wed May 14 22:08:14 2014] : Artur: "We might spare a couple of days, I thinkĀ£
[Wed May 14 22:08:33 2014] : Miriam: Miriam winces as she hears "Artur" and "safe" in the same sentence
[Wed May 14 22:08:34 2014] : Hildy: oco actually I had a huge arithmetic fail there :-)
[Wed May 14 22:08:52 2014] : Artur: ooc yes, you did - and none of us caught it
[Wed May 14 22:09:16 2014] : Hildy: ooc it would put us at 22,000 which is 4000 each an 2000 in the kitty
[Wed May 14 22:09:40 2014] : Miriam: ooc Wow!
[Wed May 14 22:10:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "I would prefer we got rid of it. I hate to think it falling into dastardly hands"
[Wed May 14 22:10:30 2014] : Hildy: "That implies carelessness on our part, possibly of the fatal kind"
[Wed May 14 22:10:42 2014] : Vaddyn: "It can happen to the best of us"
[Wed May 14 22:10:43 2014] : DM: ooc Is Hildy metagaming and thinking of using it to scry?
[Wed May 14 22:10:52 2014] : Hildy: ooc LOL
[Wed May 14 22:11:06 2014] : Miriam: ooc dastardly? LOL
[Wed May 14 22:11:08 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur is simply lacking in caution
[Wed May 14 22:11:28 2014] : Miriam: ooc Since when? ;)
[Wed May 14 22:12:13 2014] : Hildy: "I suggest Thomasz is the best place for it... Artur your bent seems to be much more in the inferno than in the necrotic"
[Wed May 14 22:13:05 2014] : Artur: "Perhaps, but consider the combination of fire and undead. The undead do not like it."
[Wed May 14 22:13:22 2014] : Miriam: "Nor do the living"
[Wed May 14 22:13:44 2014] : Artur: "Then what am I?"
[Wed May 14 22:13:47 2014] : Hildy: "I fear keeping this thing with us"
[Wed May 14 22:13:58 2014] : Hildy: "I don't fear keeping yopu with us"
[Wed May 14 22:14:02 2014] : Hildy: ooc you
[Wed May 14 22:14:35 2014] : Artur: "Give me one day. That is all I ask."
[Wed May 14 22:14:43 2014] : Hildy: "We have a day"
[Wed May 14 22:15:20 2014] : Vaddyn: "perhaps you could spend the day studying it with Thomasz"
[Wed May 14 22:15:33 2014] : Hildy: "I need to scribe some scrolls"
[Wed May 14 22:15:46 2014] : Hildy: "I don't want anything to do with it"
[Wed May 14 22:16:07 2014] : Artur: "That sounds like a good idea to me. But perhaps... would you be able to offer me a spell to protect against evil?"
[Wed May 14 22:16:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "Oh, now he gets cautious!"
[Wed May 14 22:17:05 2014] : Artur: "There is always a place for caution."
[Wed May 14 22:17:30 2014] : Hildy: "Yes
[Wed May 14 22:17:32 2014] : Hildy: "
[Wed May 14 22:17:51 2014] : Hildy: Magic Circle against Evil: Level 3 - Creature in a 10 ft radius of creature touched gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves vs evil creatures. They are also warded from summoned evil creatures. (duration: 8 minutes)
[Wed May 14 22:18:03 2014] : Hildy: Protection from Evil: Level 1 - Touched creature gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves vs evil creatures. They are also warded from summoned evil creatures. (duration: 8 minutes)
[Wed May 14 22:18:10 2014] : Hildy: ooc both only 8 minutes
[Wed May 14 22:18:58 2014] : Artur: "Thank you."
[Wed May 14 22:19:11 2014] : DM: GAME END