Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Feb 19 19:37:30 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Feb 19 19:38:23 2014] : DM: You are on the edge of the drained lake with the black ruined walls of the town standing up like broken teeth.
[Wed Feb 19 19:38:38 2014] : DM: You just found and destroyed a nest of black dragon eggs.
[Wed Feb 19 19:38:52 2014] : DM: What do you do know?
[Wed Feb 19 19:38:55 2014] : DM: now?
[Wed Feb 19 19:39:18 2014] : Artur: "My apologies. I was... distracted."
[Wed Feb 19 19:39:29 2014] : Miriam: "By what?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:39:48 2014] : Artur: "Oh, a few thoughts."
[Wed Feb 19 19:40:11 2014] : Artur: "It was a bad time. I apologise. Shall we... explore?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:40:29 2014] : Vaddyn: "We've come this far"
[Wed Feb 19 19:40:55 2014] : Miriam: "And after fighting those trolls, I want to see troglodytes as well"
[Wed Feb 19 19:41:45 2014] : DM: You head across the black, sticky mud to the ruins.
[Wed Feb 19 19:42:14 2014] : DM: As you near the ruins you see the standing remains still show the layout of the town.
[Wed Feb 19 19:42:42 2014] : DM: Small rectangular houses lining straight streets leading to the centre.
[Wed Feb 19 19:43:03 2014] : Miriam: "Where did all the water go?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:43:06 2014] : Artur: ooc Knowledge: Geography on the mud [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Feb 19 19:44:10 2014] : Artur: "Did the water fall or the land rise?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:44:19 2014] : DM: You don' see anything yet that would explain the loss of the lake.
[Wed Feb 19 19:44:50 2014] : Miriam: ooc Does it look like the land has risen?
[Wed Feb 19 19:44:58 2014] : DM: You reach the first building, a the ruined doorway facing the former street.
[Wed Feb 19 19:45:05 2014] : DM: ooc geography roll
[Wed Feb 19 19:45:14 2014] : Artur: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27
[Wed Feb 19 19:46:52 2014] : DM: You look into the building and see some items covered in a layer of mud and algae and limp lakeweed.
[Wed Feb 19 19:47:14 2014] : Miriam: "What could that be?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:47:18 2014] : Artur: "It looks like the water has drained away. Heading down would be the obvious way to find it."
[Wed Feb 19 19:47:27 2014] : Vaddyn: "Agreed"
[Wed Feb 19 19:47:27 2014] : Miriam: Miriam walks in, weapon in hand
[Wed Feb 19 19:48:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "Careful"
[Wed Feb 19 19:48:18 2014] : DM: Miriam squelches through the mud. Nothing happens.
[Wed Feb 19 19:49:20 2014] : Artur: Artur loads his crossbow and follows; the bolt casts a faint flickering light as it burns
[Wed Feb 19 19:49:58 2014] : DM: Still nothing happens
[Wed Feb 19 19:50:04 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 19 19:50:27 2014] : Artur: "Let's have a look at these."
[Wed Feb 19 19:50:28 2014] : Miriam: Miriam hunkers down and rummages through the objects
[Wed Feb 19 19:50:32 2014] : Artur: Artur helps
[Wed Feb 19 19:50:47 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn keeps lookout
[Wed Feb 19 19:51:02 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Feb 19 19:51:15 2014] : DM: Miriam clears away some of the mud, revealing three large stoneware storage jars, their lids still sealed.
[Wed Feb 19 19:51:24 2014] : Miriam: ooc Mud in my eye ;)
[Wed Feb 19 19:52:02 2014] : Artur: Artur casts Detect Magic and has a look around
[Wed Feb 19 19:52:44 2014] : Miriam: "Well, let's open them up"
[Wed Feb 19 19:52:54 2014] : Artur: "There's no magic here. I suggest that we may want to keep these jars intact for Thomasz' research."
[Wed Feb 19 19:53:07 2014] : Miriam: "Do we have to?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:53:16 2014] : Miriam: Miriam sounds very disappointed
[Wed Feb 19 19:53:35 2014] : Vaddyn: "Should we see if there is anything inside first?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:54:09 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn gives one of them a shake
[Wed Feb 19 19:54:23 2014] : Miriam: Miriam shakes on of the jars gently
[Wed Feb 19 19:54:41 2014] : DM: It's heavy -- it probably contains something but it doesn't rattle or otherwise hint as to its contents.
[Wed Feb 19 19:54:53 2014] : Artur: "How about we open one and save two?"
[Wed Feb 19 19:55:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "Good idea"
[Wed Feb 19 19:55:35 2014] : Miriam: "That's more like it!"
[Wed Feb 19 19:56:19 2014] : Miriam: Miriam starts opening the jar she
[Wed Feb 19 19:56:25 2014] : DM: You crack open one of the jars. It smells musty and inside you see its filled with small grains, blackened and shriveled from age.
[Wed Feb 19 19:56:27 2014] : Miriam: she's holding
[Wed Feb 19 19:56:52 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(11) + 8] = 19
[Wed Feb 19 19:56:57 2014] : Miriam: Miriam sorts through the kernels and tries to determine the grain
[Wed Feb 19 19:56:59 2014] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(20) + 9] = 29
[Wed Feb 19 19:58:21 2014] : Artur: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18
[Wed Feb 19 19:59:05 2014] : Miriam: "Looks like and ancient wheat, not something still found nowadays"
[Wed Feb 19 19:59:34 2014] : Artur: "And not worth planting, it looks like. But if you're correct, then this is even older than we thought."
[Wed Feb 19 19:59:58 2014] : Vaddyn: "Much older"
[Wed Feb 19 20:00:00 2014] : DM: There's nothing else of interest in this house.
[Wed Feb 19 20:00:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets go on"
[Wed Feb 19 20:00:23 2014] : Miriam: "Thomasz might be able to find out more, but I'm pretty convinced I'm correct"
[Wed Feb 19 20:00:27 2014] : Artur: "Should we look for a larger building somewhere?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:00:36 2014] : Artur: Artur keeps scanning the area with Detect Ma
[Wed Feb 19 20:00:40 2014] : Artur: gic

[Wed Feb 19 20:01:15 2014] : Miriam: "And inscriptions"
[Wed Feb 19 20:01:18 2014] : DM: There looks to be larger buildings in the town centre.
[Wed Feb 19 20:02:36 2014] : DM: Going down the street?
[Wed Feb 19 20:02:50 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yep
[Wed Feb 19 20:03:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "We should keep following the downward slope"
[Wed Feb 19 20:03:27 2014] : DM: You trudge along the street, passing many more similar dwelling remains, the mud sucking at your boots.
[Wed Feb 19 20:03:33 2014] : DM: ooc who's in front?
[Wed Feb 19 20:03:34 2014] : Miriam: "Building first, disappearing water later"
[Wed Feb 19 20:03:52 2014] : Miriam: ooc I probably, ready for action
[Wed Feb 19 20:04:07 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I'll go last
[Wed Feb 19 20:04:44 2014] : Artur: ooc sounds good to the squishy wizard
[Wed Feb 19 20:05:12 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 19 20:05:13 2014] : DM: Miriam you lead the way, after about 30 m you step forwards and your foot doesn't find a secure footing, you find your right foot sinking deep into the mud.
[Wed Feb 19 20:05:20 2014] : DM: Reflex save.
[Wed Feb 19 20:06:02 2014] : Miriam: Reflex: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24
[Wed Feb 19 20:06:14 2014] : Miriam: "Shit!"
[Wed Feb 19 20:06:40 2014] : DM: You step back just in time, pulling your foot out of the mud and back to secure ground.
[Wed Feb 19 20:07:08 2014] : Miriam: "We need to be more careful around here"
[Wed Feb 19 20:07:11 2014] : Artur: "Well detected, Miriam."
[Wed Feb 19 20:07:36 2014] : Miriam: ooc Barbarians: trap and pit detectors
[Wed Feb 19 20:08:10 2014] : DM: What next?
[Wed Feb 19 20:08:18 2014] : Vaddyn: "Is it just a hole, or something bigger?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:08:18 2014] : Miriam: "Any six foot poles around here?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:08:57 2014] : DM: There are no convinient poles lying around.
[Wed Feb 19 20:08:58 2014] : Miriam: "I just managed to not find out"
[Wed Feb 19 20:09:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "They are hard to hide"
[Wed Feb 19 20:09:11 2014] : Miriam: ooc There never are ;)
[Wed Feb 19 20:09:31 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'll poke about with my sword"
[Wed Feb 19 20:09:57 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inches forward and prods at the surrounding area
[Wed Feb 19 20:10:14 2014] : Artur: ooc Druid/ranger spell "Detect pits and snares"
[Wed Feb 19 20:10:24 2014] : DM: Careful probing allows you to find a safe path around the quickmud pit and you continue on to the town centre.
[Wed Feb 19 20:11:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "We need to be careful."
[Wed Feb 19 20:11:48 2014] : DM: At the end of the street is the largest building in the town, it's thick walls crumbling and slimely. Remarkably the remains of a set of metal bound gates still hang in the double door way.
[Wed Feb 19 20:11:49 2014] : Miriam: "How about we use ropes to secure ourselved to eachother?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:12:24 2014] : Artur: "I'm not sure I could lift the weight of your armour on its own, Miriam."
[Wed Feb 19 20:12:32 2014] : Miriam: "Not even rusted away yet"
[Wed Feb 19 20:12:32 2014] : Vaddyn: "I was thinking that might be a good idea"
[Wed Feb 19 20:12:59 2014] : Vaddyn: "How about we have a look in there? It looks important"
[Wed Feb 19 20:14:07 2014] : Artur: "Very wise. Can we scout it carefully?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:14:35 2014] : Miriam: "I'm always careful" *grin*
[Wed Feb 19 20:14:38 2014] : Vaddyn: "Only one way to find out. Anything magical around?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:15:38 2014] : Artur: ooc still scanning
[Wed Feb 19 20:16:58 2014] : Artur: "There is some... pervasive magic here."
[Wed Feb 19 20:17:15 2014] : Miriam: Miriam has a look and listen at the gate
[Wed Feb 19 20:17:20 2014] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(18) + 4] = 22
[Wed Feb 19 20:17:22 2014] : Artur: "It could be to preserve the building, or it could be more dangerous. I suggest we are ready for anything."
[Wed Feb 19 20:17:35 2014] : Vaddyn: "The gate or inside?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:17:58 2014] : Artur: "The building. The gates seem normal."
[Wed Feb 19 20:18:28 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries to open the gate
[Wed Feb 19 20:19:12 2014] : Miriam: "I hear water"
[Wed Feb 19 20:19:21 2014] : DM: There's a creak and groan from the ancient and rotten doors, they tip over, hinges pulled from the crumbing stone.
[Wed Feb 19 20:19:40 2014] : Vaddyn: "Where from Miriam?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:19:52 2014] : DM: They land in the mud of a heavy, wet thud, splattering you all with mud and slimey algae.
[Wed Feb 19 20:20:13 2014] : DM: Inside the building are the remains of colums.
[Wed Feb 19 20:20:44 2014] : Artur: "It is strange that the columns have fallen, but not the roof."
[Wed Feb 19 20:20:50 2014] : Artur: ooc I assume there's still a roof!
[Wed Feb 19 20:20:51 2014] : Miriam: "Not sure, exactly, but in that direction"
[Wed Feb 19 20:21:00 2014] : DM: At at the far end, a mound of mud and lake weed.
[Wed Feb 19 20:21:00 2014] : Artur: Knowledge: Engineering [1d20(15) + 10] = 25
[Wed Feb 19 20:21:02 2014] : Miriam: Miriam points inside the gates
[Wed Feb 19 20:22:00 2014] : DM: Straight across the middle is a jagged scar in the ground, a wide, raw opening in the muddle ground and rock, stretching all across the building and disappearing under the cracked walls on either side.
[Wed Feb 19 20:22:24 2014] : Artur: "That crack could have been where the water went..."
[Wed Feb 19 20:22:25 2014] : Vaddyn: "Could the water have gone down there?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:23:00 2014] : DM: Do you enter and approach?
[Wed Feb 19 20:23:38 2014] : Miriam: "Only one way to find out"
[Wed Feb 19 20:23:38 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn approaches slowly probing the mud with his sword as he goes
[Wed Feb 19 20:23:53 2014] : Artur: Artur waits at a slightly safer distance
[Wed Feb 19 20:23:53 2014] : DM: The sound of tricking and dripping water rises from the cracked ground.
[Wed Feb 19 20:24:04 2014] : Miriam: Miriam follows, hammer in hand
[Wed Feb 19 20:24:09 2014] : DM: The floor is sound under the layer of mud.
[Wed Feb 19 20:24:31 2014] : DM: ooc How close do you get?
[Wed Feb 19 20:25:03 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn stops between the first columns and reevaluates the situation
[Wed Feb 19 20:25:33 2014] : Vaddyn: "Well we've investigated. Not sure what we can do about a huge hole in the ground"
[Wed Feb 19 20:25:45 2014] : DM: Nothing stirs in the building and all you can near is the water dripping and trickling down below.
[Wed Feb 19 20:26:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc whats the brown box at the far end?
[Wed Feb 19 20:26:36 2014] : Vaddyn: oco sorry
[Wed Feb 19 20:26:37 2014] : DM: ooc a mound of mud and lakeweed.
[Wed Feb 19 20:27:37 2014] : Miriam: ooc Any inscriptions?
[Wed Feb 19 20:27:41 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn edges closer
[Wed Feb 19 20:27:43 2014] : Artur: "The magic is on the floor, all over, as far as I can tell. Be very careful where you walk."
[Wed Feb 19 20:27:52 2014] : Vaddyn: "Now you tell me!"
[Wed Feb 19 20:27:59 2014] : Artur: Artur studies the magic more closely
[Wed Feb 19 20:28:04 2014] : Artur: Spellcraft: [1d20(6) + 18] = 24
[Wed Feb 19 20:28:35 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn edge towards a pillar, using it for stability
[Wed Feb 19 20:29:34 2014] : DM: Vaddyn makes it to the pillar.
[Wed Feb 19 20:29:56 2014] : Artur: "There was once a summoning circle here, I think. Some undead, and something powerful."
[Wed Feb 19 20:30:08 2014] : Miriam: Miriam eyes the pile of mud oppisite the chasm
[Wed Feb 19 20:30:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "It gets better and better"
[Wed Feb 19 20:30:29 2014] : Miriam: "How long ago? And how active is it still?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:31:20 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'm guessing they didn't summon a massive hole in the ground""
[Wed Feb 19 20:31:27 2014] : Artur: "I don't know how long. Many years. Nothing is still active, but it might be worth clearing what we can."
[Wed Feb 19 20:32:24 2014] : Miriam: "I think there's something underneath that mud"
[Wed Feb 19 20:32:59 2014] : Vaddyn: "Where?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:34:00 2014] : Artur: "Alive? Or moving?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:34:17 2014] : DM: There's nothing moving.
[Wed Feb 19 20:35:03 2014] : Miriam: "I don't see any movement"
[Wed Feb 19 20:35:46 2014] : Miriam: "Any way to reacht that pile without having to jump?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:36:30 2014] : DM: ooc many, but you'll have to think of them.
[Wed Feb 19 20:36:59 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 19 20:37:43 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc any ways into the building on the far side of the chasm?
[Wed Feb 19 20:38:08 2014] : DM: There are no doors but the walls are only about 2 m high.
[Wed Feb 19 20:38:18 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc ah
[Wed Feb 19 20:38:34 2014] : Miriam: Miriam checks out the metal gates: how solid are the still, will the reach across, can they be detached easily?
[Wed Feb 19 20:38:48 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc so we could climb onto the wall on this side and walk over the gap?
[Wed Feb 19 20:38:53 2014] : Miriam: Miriam checks out the metal gates: how solid are they still, will they reach across, can they be detached easily?
[Wed Feb 19 20:39:22 2014] : DM: They don't like sturdy at all.
[Wed Feb 19 20:39:31 2014] : DM: ooc yes you could.
[Wed Feb 19 20:40:05 2014] : Vaddyn: oco which is sturdy? The gates or the walls?
[Wed Feb 19 20:40:07 2014] : Miriam: "Those probably wouldn't bear our weight, alas"
[Wed Feb 19 20:40:08 2014] : Artur: "I have no magic that will help here. We cannot burn down these old stone walls."
[Wed Feb 19 20:40:13 2014] : Miriam: ooc The gates
[Wed Feb 19 20:40:29 2014] : DM: The rotten wood gates with their rusty metal bindings.
[Wed Feb 19 20:41:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "Miriam, give me a leg up onto this wall"
[Wed Feb 19 20:41:39 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves carefully over to the wall
[Wed Feb 19 20:42:24 2014] : Miriam: "If you're sure"
[Wed Feb 19 20:42:32 2014] : DM: Climb check
[Wed Feb 19 20:42:42 2014] : Miriam: Miriam assists Vaddyn
[Wed Feb 19 20:42:42 2014] : Vaddyn: Climb: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Feb 19 20:43:04 2014] : DM: Vaddyn climbs up onto the wall, the footing is uneven and slippery but the wall is broad.
[Wed Feb 19 20:43:35 2014] : Vaddyn: "I think I'll stay on hands and knees. The moss is dangerous"
[Wed Feb 19 20:43:47 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn starts to move slowly forward
[Wed Feb 19 20:44:08 2014] : DM: You reach the bit of wall over the chasm when suddenly...
[Wed Feb 19 20:44:32 2014] : Miriam: "Be very careful please"
[Wed Feb 19 20:44:43 2014] : DM: A harsh, eerie screetch echos up from the chasm.
[Wed Feb 19 20:44:49 2014] : DM: Will save Vaddyn.
[Wed Feb 19 20:44:56 2014] : Vaddyn: Will: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Feb 19 20:45:18 2014] : DM: The noise startles you.
[Wed Feb 19 20:45:23 2014] : DM: Reflex save
[Wed Feb 19 20:45:27 2014] : Vaddyn: Reflex: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21
[Wed Feb 19 20:45:51 2014] : DM: The sound makes you jump but you catch yourself before you slip.
[Wed Feb 19 20:46:20 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn waits for his heart rate to return to something close to normal before continuing
[Wed Feb 19 20:46:43 2014] : Miriam: "What was that? Are you alright, Vaddyn?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:47:00 2014] : DM: The chasm beneath you decends into blackness, you see the chasm cutting through underground chambers or cellars.
[Wed Feb 19 20:47:18 2014] : DM: Somewhere in the tunnels below the the creature that startled you.
[Wed Feb 19 20:47:37 2014] : DM: You reach the otherside and can safely drop down into the room.
[Wed Feb 19 20:48:10 2014] : Artur: ooc bbs
[Wed Feb 19 20:48:25 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn carefully lowers himself onto the ground
[Wed Feb 19 20:49:03 2014] : Vaddyn: Still probing the ground, Vaddyn works his way over to the pile
[Wed Feb 19 20:49:12 2014] : Miriam: "Need a rope and hook to get back again?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:49:48 2014] : DM: The mud covers something.
[Wed Feb 19 20:50:04 2014] : Vaddyn: "Something here"
[Wed Feb 19 20:50:25 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn carefully clears away the mud
[Wed Feb 19 20:51:32 2014] : Miriam: "What is it?"
[Wed Feb 19 20:51:39 2014] : DM: Vaddyn begins to reveal a carved stone altar, In the process he recovers two items. A large metal goblet and two small slabs of stone, held together by metal rings on one edge.
[Wed Feb 19 20:52:55 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15
[Wed Feb 19 20:53:42 2014] : DM: You will need to clean everything more careful to study it.
[Wed Feb 19 20:54:32 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I've just rememberd that you can use Prestidigitation to clean stuff
[Wed Feb 19 20:54:38 2014] : Vaddyn: Prestidigitation: Level 0 - Perform simple magical effects for 1 hour
[Wed Feb 19 20:55:03 2014] : DM: Vaddyn cleans up the items and the altar.
[Wed Feb 19 20:55:05 2014] : Miriam: ooc Clean, soil, colour, etc.
[Wed Feb 19 20:55:11 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc yup
[Wed Feb 19 20:55:24 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc 1ft cube / round
[Wed Feb 19 20:55:48 2014] : DM: The altar as carvings of winged and horned beasts around and curvilinear designs around the edges.
[Wed Feb 19 20:56:05 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(17) + 8] = 25
[Wed Feb 19 20:56:15 2014] : DM: The coblet is plain but stained with something dark in the bottom.
[Wed Feb 19 20:56:53 2014] : DM: The stone slabs form a sort of book, the inner sides carved with unfamiliar linear marks.
[Wed Feb 19 20:57:36 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn puts them both in his pack for later study
[Wed Feb 19 20:57:40 2014] : Artur: ooc back
[Wed Feb 19 20:57:50 2014] : Artur: Knowledge: Religion [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Feb 19 20:58:14 2014] : Vaddyn: "This looks like nothing I've ever heard of"
[Wed Feb 19 20:58:35 2014] : Vaddyn: "I dont like the look of those things though"
[Wed Feb 19 20:59:28 2014] : Miriam: "Are you sure they are safe?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:00:05 2014] : Artur: ooc is there any magic on them?
[Wed Feb 19 21:00:10 2014] : DM: No
[Wed Feb 19 21:00:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "I dont think safe is a word that applies to anything here"
[Wed Feb 19 21:01:11 2014] : Miriam: "You could be right about that"
[Wed Feb 19 21:02:01 2014] : Artur: "Hmm. Mind if I study that strange writing for a moment?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:02:17 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'll bring back everything I can"
[Wed Feb 19 21:02:31 2014] : Artur: Linguistics: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Feb 19 21:03:07 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn has a quick look for anythign else he can bring back
[Wed Feb 19 21:03:15 2014] : DM: Climb check to get back Vaddyn
[Wed Feb 19 21:03:21 2014] : Vaddyn: Climb: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Feb 19 21:03:26 2014] : DM: And again
[Wed Feb 19 21:03:29 2014] : Vaddyn: Climb: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Feb 19 21:03:45 2014] : Vaddyn: "These things are heavier than they look"
[Wed Feb 19 21:04:05 2014] : DM: Vaddyn scrabbles on the wall, losing his footing and falling on his arse in the mud.
[Wed Feb 19 21:04:13 2014] : Miriam: "Need a rope and hook to get back again?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:04:46 2014] : Vaddyn: "Let me try again"
[Wed Feb 19 21:04:52 2014] : Vaddyn: Climb: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Feb 19 21:04:57 2014] : Miriam: Miriam gets a rope and hook out of her haversack
[Wed Feb 19 21:05:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok, Throw it over"
[Wed Feb 19 21:06:31 2014] : Miriam: Miriam ties the hook to the rope and tosses them over
[Wed Feb 19 21:06:37 2014] : Miriam: "Here you are"
[Wed Feb 19 21:07:16 2014] : DM: ooc by hook you mean grappling hook?
[Wed Feb 19 21:07:27 2014] : Miriam: ooc Yep
[Wed Feb 19 21:07:56 2014] : DM: Vaddyn what do you do with it?
[Wed Feb 19 21:08:23 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn attempts to swing the hook up over the wall
[Wed Feb 19 21:08:36 2014] : DM: The hook engages
[Wed Feb 19 21:08:44 2014] : DM: Now you can easily climb up.
[Wed Feb 19 21:08:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "Right, lets try this again"
[Wed Feb 19 21:09:02 2014] : DM: You make it safely back.
[Wed Feb 19 21:09:10 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn disengages the hook and returns
[Wed Feb 19 21:09:29 2014] : Vaddyn: "Lets get outside and see what I've found"
[Wed Feb 19 21:10:14 2014] : Miriam: "OK"
[Wed Feb 19 21:10:44 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn pulls out the objects and hands them over
[Wed Feb 19 21:11:07 2014] : Artur: ooc see my Linguistics roll above: 19 to decipher script
[Wed Feb 19 21:11:15 2014] : DM: The marks mean nothing to you.
[Wed Feb 19 21:11:31 2014] : Vaddyn: Read Magic: Level 0 - Can read scrolls and spellbooks for 70 minutes
[Wed Feb 19 21:13:15 2014] : DM: The tablets are not magical and the spell does not work (you need comprehed languages instead).
[Wed Feb 19 21:13:20 2014] : Vaddyn: Comprehend Languages: Level 1 - Vaddyn can now understand all languages spoken or written, but cannot speak or write them. Duration [10 * 7] = 70 minutes
[Wed Feb 19 21:14:15 2014] : Artur: ooc "I prepared Explosive Runes this morning"
[Wed Feb 19 21:14:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 19 21:15:35 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 19 21:15:54 2014] : Miriam: ooc Which is why Detect magic is such a useful spell
[Wed Feb 19 21:16:07 2014] : DM: The tablet is a religious text, prasing the deity calls Karizaloth, and detailing a ritual for gaining the diety's favour. A summoning circle enscribed with molten lead, a sacrifice and a drink of life force.
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:02 2014] : Vaddyn: "Karizaloth?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:17 2014] : Artur: "Not a name of anything common."
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:19 2014] : Artur: Knowledge: Religion [1d20(16) + 10] = 26
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:20 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(19) + 8] = 27
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:26 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc :P
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:30 2014] : DM: Knowledge: planes
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:34 2014] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Planes: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:45 2014] : Artur: Knowledge: Planes [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Feb 19 21:17:55 2014] : Artur: ooc I don't know much these days
[Wed Feb 19 21:18:04 2014] : Vaddyn: "The name doesn't ring a bell. I'll sleep on it though"
[Wed Feb 19 21:18:50 2014] : Artur: "Sounds demonic to me."
[Wed Feb 19 21:19:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "Have to agree with that"
[Wed Feb 19 21:20:24 2014] : Artur: "I don't think these were necessarily very pleasant people..."
[Wed Feb 19 21:20:27 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc does the stain in the goblet look at all recent?
[Wed Feb 19 21:20:35 2014] : Artur: Artur peers into the pit
[Wed Feb 19 21:20:52 2014] : DM: No, it looks old.
[Wed Feb 19 21:21:07 2014] : Vaddyn: "So do we think that the water all went down there?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:21:25 2014] : DM: The chasm decends into darkness, cutting through layers of cellers, underground chambers and tunnels.
[Wed Feb 19 21:21:55 2014] : Artur: "There are tunnels down there. Can we construct a rope ladder to explore?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:21:58 2014] : Miriam: "Want to explore down there?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:22:05 2014] : DM: It looks deep enough to have swallowed all the water.
[Wed Feb 19 21:22:34 2014] : Vaddyn: "I'm wary of going down there without exhausting all our options up here"
[Wed Feb 19 21:23:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "I have some rope, but we have no idea how deep that is"
[Wed Feb 19 21:23:19 2014] : Artur: "Yes, and leaving an ambush waiting up here seems foolish. Shall we scour the surface?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:23:37 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur's itching to throw a few fireballs down that pit."
[Wed Feb 19 21:23:44 2014] : Miriam: "Sure, I don't appreciate being attacked from the back"
[Wed Feb 19 21:24:09 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc how long to sunset?
[Wed Feb 19 21:24:24 2014] : DM: You search the rest of the town but find nothing else of interest.
[Wed Feb 19 21:24:44 2014] : DM: By time you are finished, it is close to dusk.
[Wed Feb 19 21:25:16 2014] : Vaddyn: "Anyone have a good reason to NOT go down there right now?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:25:43 2014] : Artur: "It will be no lighter in the daylight than in the evening, I think."
[Wed Feb 19 21:26:08 2014] : Miriam: "I can see well enough either way"
[Wed Feb 19 21:26:13 2014] : Vaddyn: "That was my thinking"
[Wed Feb 19 21:26:33 2014] : DM: ooc who speaks draconic?
[Wed Feb 19 21:26:41 2014] : Miriam: ooc Want to find a container to keep our loot safe? ;)
[Wed Feb 19 21:26:50 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc not me
[Wed Feb 19 21:27:05 2014] : Miriam: ooc Not me
[Wed Feb 19 21:27:08 2014] : Artur: ooc I do
[Wed Feb 19 21:27:38 2014] : Vaddyn: "Just put it in the corner. I can't see anyone around here to disturb it"
[Wed Feb 19 21:28:48 2014] : DM: What's the plan now?
[Wed Feb 19 21:29:23 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc tie some rope together, tie it to one of the pillars and climb down?
[Wed Feb 19 21:30:08 2014] : DM: Ok
[Wed Feb 19 21:30:20 2014] : Miriam: ooc I have 100 ft of rope and grappling hooks
[Wed Feb 19 21:30:55 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I have 50ft
[Wed Feb 19 21:31:08 2014] : Artur: ooc I have 100ft
[Wed Feb 19 21:31:28 2014] : DM: Securing the rope to a pillar is easy enough. How far are you decending? Which level, 1st? The 1st is only 20 ft below the surface.
[Wed Feb 19 21:31:40 2014] : Miriam: ooc One level at a time
[Wed Feb 19 21:31:53 2014] : Artur: "There's a side-passage here. I wonder where the stairs were."
[Wed Feb 19 21:32:15 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc hadn't realised there were distinct levels. One level at a time sounds good
[Wed Feb 19 21:33:13 2014] : DM: ooc sorry
[Wed Feb 19 21:34:02 2014] : DM: You climb down to the 1st level,
[Wed Feb 19 21:34:58 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc whats the lighting like?
[Wed Feb 19 21:35:03 2014] : DM: It appears to be an ancient cellar, thick with dust and cobwebs and stacked with broken crates that crumble to dust at the touch, A door leads outwards.
[Wed Feb 19 21:35:30 2014] : Miriam: "Only one way out of here"
[Wed Feb 19 21:35:38 2014] : DM: There is light from the fading light from the surface at the edge.
[Wed Feb 19 21:35:41 2014] : Miriam: Miriam goes to the door
[Wed Feb 19 21:35:45 2014] : Vaddyn: "Two if you count the chasm"
[Wed Feb 19 21:36:17 2014] : Artur: ooc Artur will be walking around with Detect Magic scanning the area
[Wed Feb 19 21:36:24 2014] : DM: ooc ok
[Wed Feb 19 21:36:43 2014] : DM: Opening the door?
[Wed Feb 19 21:36:57 2014] : Miriam: "Are we all ready?"
[Wed Feb 19 21:37:26 2014] : Vaddyn: "Go ahead"
[Wed Feb 19 21:37:35 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn draws his bow
[Wed Feb 19 21:37:49 2014] : DM: Miriam opens the door into the next room.
[Wed Feb 19 21:39:15 2014] : DM: Inside is light by a small basket of glowing fungus placed in the middle, Crouched around the room are 6 scaly,, mottled grey reptillian humanoids.
[Wed Feb 19 21:39:21 2014] : DM: Nature check
[Wed Feb 19 21:39:27 2014] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17
[Wed Feb 19 21:39:53 2014] : Artur: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27
[Wed Feb 19 21:40:00 2014] : Artur: ooc Troglodytes!
[Wed Feb 19 21:40:07 2014] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 19 21:40:17 2014] : DM: The troglodytes turn towards yoy, dark beedy eyes looking at you.
[Wed Feb 19 21:40:39 2014] : Miriam: Miriam has her hammer firmly in her hands
[Wed Feb 19 21:41:03 2014] : DM: The creatures looks exhausted, depondent and don't even reach for their spears leaning against the wall.
[Wed Feb 19 21:41:40 2014] : Artur: ooc speaking Draconic
[Wed Feb 19 21:41:45 2014] : DM: (in draconic) "You show go. Bad down here." one speaks, voice low and sibilent.
[Wed Feb 19 21:41:49 2014] : DM: GAME END