Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Feb 5 20:13:28 2014] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Feb 5 20:14:09 2014] : DM: You defeated a black dragon that had attacked a watchtower and discovered most of the squad stationed there hiding the the cellar.
[Wed Feb 5 20:14:48 2014] : Soldier: "The dragon just flew down from the north, took us completely by surprise."
[Wed Feb 5 20:15:16 2014] : Vaddyn: "Any idea what brought it here?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:15:25 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc apart from its wings
[Wed Feb 5 20:16:03 2014] : Soldier: "No, the worst we get out here on the border are orc raids."
[Wed Feb 5 20:16:12 2014] : Soldier: "This should be reported."
[Wed Feb 5 20:16:36 2014] : Artur: "And possibly... tracked down. Investigated. Burned."
[Wed Feb 5 20:17:28 2014] : Vaddyn: "Its already dead Artur"
[Wed Feb 5 20:17:39 2014] : Soldier: "We no longer have enough people to stay on station and send a message. Would you travel to port Dagger and report?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:17:50 2014] : Artur: "Something caused it to come here. That something..."
[Wed Feb 5 20:18:12 2014] : Vaddyn: "Can you give us directions?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:18:38 2014] : Hildy: ooc weren't we already headed there?
[Wed Feb 5 20:18:41 2014] : Miriam: "Do you know where it came from?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:19:12 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc are we? ok
[Wed Feb 5 20:19:19 2014] : Soldier: "It flew due south to here. I don't know anything more than that."
[Wed Feb 5 20:19:32 2014] : Hildy: "We follow this road as we are Vaddyn"
[Wed Feb 5 20:19:53 2014] : Vaddyn: "Ok, we can take the message. Who should we report to?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:19:54 2014] : Hildy: ooc must remember I've only been with the party for 3 days or something!
[Wed Feb 5 20:20:45 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I need an Active Quest list feature :)
[Wed Feb 5 20:20:54 2014] : Aeleva: "Anyone in particular we need to get in touch with?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:21:20 2014] : Soldier: "Report to Commander Varius."
[Wed Feb 5 20:21:31 2014] : Hildy: "Which one?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:21:38 2014] : Hildy: ooc ba-boom!
[Wed Feb 5 20:21:54 2014] : Artur: ooc there are various commanders :-)
[Wed Feb 5 20:21:59 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 5 20:22:04 2014] : Soldier: The soldier looks confused.
[Wed Feb 5 20:22:31 2014] : Vaddyn: "I must write that down"
[Wed Feb 5 20:22:53 2014] : Miriam: "I'm sure we'll be able to find him"
[Wed Feb 5 20:24:01 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc what time is it?
[Wed Feb 5 20:24:16 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc never mind
[Wed Feb 5 20:24:28 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc was appraoching sunset as we approached the tower
[Wed Feb 5 20:24:34 2014] : Soldier: It's the evening, the sun has set.
[Wed Feb 5 20:24:47 2014] : Soldier: "You should rest here tonight and be on your way tomorrow."
[Wed Feb 5 20:25:04 2014] : Vaddyn: Thank you"
[Wed Feb 5 20:25:06 2014] : Hildy: "Is anyone here injured?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:25:12 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc was just about to ask
[Wed Feb 5 20:26:15 2014] : Soldier: "No, we made it to shelter quick enough. Other's weren't so fortunate."
[Wed Feb 5 20:26:17 2014] : Artur: "I was lucky. Not a scratch."
[Wed Feb 5 20:26:55 2014] : Miriam: "I'm fine now"
[Wed Feb 5 20:27:21 2014] : Vaddyn: "One of our company didn't make it either"
[Wed Feb 5 20:27:30 2014] : Hildy: "I think that we should bury Waltham"
[Wed Feb 5 20:28:02 2014] : Artur: "Or would he want to be cremated? I never met the man."
[Wed Feb 5 20:28:25 2014] : Vaddyn: "Burial I think"
[Wed Feb 5 20:28:33 2014] : Hildy: "I could ask if he'd like to be raised tomorrow"
[Wed Feb 5 20:28:44 2014] : Miriam: "You know what? We never got around to discussing that"
[Wed Feb 5 20:28:59 2014] : Hildy: ooc I can't remember if we can raise dead in this world DM
[Wed Feb 5 20:29:06 2014] : Aeleva: "I guess we never thought this would happen"
[Wed Feb 5 20:29:16 2014] : Aeleva: "Well at least I certainly didn't"
[Wed Feb 5 20:29:25 2014] : Hildy: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 5 20:29:33 2014] : Aeleva: "Not that I think us immortal or anything. But I don't like to think about these things"
[Wed Feb 5 20:29:43 2014] : Aeleva: "In any case, a burial sounds like the proper way to go about this"
[Wed Feb 5 20:29:54 2014] : Soldier: ooc raise dead etc. works -- I think in the end it works better than the alternatives.
[Wed Feb 5 20:31:41 2014] : Hildy: ooc OK
[Wed Feb 5 20:32:09 2014] : Solder: "We can help with the digging tomorrow, but now we'd better get back to our duties."
[Wed Feb 5 20:32:24 2014] : Hildy: "I don't really know him, if you think that this is the appropriate course, then I am happy"
[Wed Feb 5 20:32:38 2014] : Hildy: ooc is it rocky here?
[Wed Feb 5 20:32:41 2014] : DM: Two of the soldier head to their posts at the top of the ruined tower, the other start trying to clear up some of the wreckage.
[Wed Feb 5 20:33:24 2014] : DM: ooc This is rocky escarpment but further away from the road should be diggable.
[Wed Feb 5 20:34:04 2014] : Miriam: ooc Do we raid his corpse for valuables?
[Wed Feb 5 20:34:47 2014] : Hildy: ooc I don't seem to have done a node for this, but I had it memorised
[Wed Feb 5 20:35:13 2014] : Aeleva: "I'm not sure really"
[Wed Feb 5 20:35:20 2014] : Artur: ooc sure :-)
[Wed Feb 5 20:35:32 2014] : Hildy: Hildy casts a spell that excavates a hole in the rock and creates a pile of baseball sized rocks at the side
[Wed Feb 5 20:35:51 2014] : Aeleva: "But let it be known that I don't want to be raised.Cremated and my ashes scattered in some city fountain.
[Wed Feb 5 20:36:25 2014] : Hildy: Stone Shape: Level 3 - )
[Wed Feb 5 20:36:31 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc nice
[Wed Feb 5 20:36:38 2014] : Miriam: "We'll remember"
[Wed Feb 5 20:36:52 2014] : Vaddyn: "That will do nicely, Hildy"
[Wed Feb 5 20:37:33 2014] : Miriam: "I would like my flesh to nourish the beasts, so nu burial or cremation"
[Wed Feb 5 20:37:48 2014] : Hildy: "As a man from the mountains, a cairn always seems the best to me"
[Wed Feb 5 20:37:50 2014] : Vaddyn: "Shall we check him for valuables?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:38:50 2014] : Hildy: Stone Shape: Level 3 - )
[Wed Feb 5 20:38:56 2014] : Hildy: ooc oops
[Wed Feb 5 20:39:14 2014] : Vaddyn: "It feels slightly wrong, however he has no use for them any more"
[Wed Feb 5 20:39:26 2014] : Miriam: "And prepare his body for the ceremonies"
[Wed Feb 5 20:40:43 2014] : Hildy: "Would he want you to fight on and fight better?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:40:59 2014] : Hildy: "If so, then his valuables serve you a better purpose than they do him"
[Wed Feb 5 20:41:00 2014] : Vaddyn: "I know I would in the even of my death"
[Wed Feb 5 20:41:08 2014] : Vaddyn: "I know I would in the event of my death"
[Wed Feb 5 20:41:17 2014] : Artur: "Some men would prefer to be buried with their weapons. Others might want them used."
[Wed Feb 5 20:41:58 2014] : Aeleva: "Well, none of us can really use his weapons, I reckon"
[Wed Feb 5 20:42:04 2014] : Aeleva: "So we might as well do that"
[Wed Feb 5 20:42:11 2014] : Vaddyn: "True"
[Wed Feb 5 20:42:55 2014] : Artur: "Were his weapons that strange?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:43:22 2014] : Aeleva: "Well, I sure can't do anything with them"
[Wed Feb 5 20:43:26 2014] : Hildy: "But his weapons presumably have value that could be put to use in your own gear?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:43:46 2014] : Miriam: ooc How mercenary we must sound ;)
[Wed Feb 5 20:43:56 2014] : Hildy: "As his companions, the decision is yours"
[Wed Feb 5 20:43:57 2014] : Artur: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 5 20:43:59 2014] : Aeleva: "Well, let it be said that I would like to be burried with my rapier. You can take all the rest"
[Wed Feb 5 20:44:05 2014] : Vaddyn: "How about we leave one with him and take the rest"
[Wed Feb 5 20:44:25 2014] : Aeleva: "Sounds good to me"
[Wed Feb 5 20:44:38 2014] : Miriam: "I agree with that"
[Wed Feb 5 20:44:56 2014] : Artur: ooc keep the pepperbox.
[Wed Feb 5 20:45:17 2014] : Hildy: "The cairn itself will need us to manually move the rocks"
[Wed Feb 5 20:45:33 2014] : Hildy: ooc unless Artur uses Mage hand on them one by one ;-)
[Wed Feb 5 20:46:09 2014] : Hildy: "If you like, I will perform a service for the fallen"
[Wed Feb 5 20:47:05 2014] : Artur: "I will move some stones."
[Wed Feb 5 20:47:19 2014] : Artur: Artur uses only his left hand
[Wed Feb 5 20:47:53 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn also places stones
[Wed Feb 5 20:49:00 2014] : Hildy: Hildy performs a service for the fallen warrior
[Wed Feb 5 20:49:20 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva does whatever it is that's expected of her
[Wed Feb 5 20:49:50 2014] : Miriam: Miriam helps Artur move the stones
[Wed Feb 5 20:50:16 2014] : Hildy: Perform: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Feb 5 20:50:37 2014] : Hildy: The service is a little lacklustre. it has been a long day
[Wed Feb 5 20:51:01 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thank you Hildy. Lets get some rest"
[Wed Feb 5 20:51:42 2014] : DM: The night passes uneventfully and you depart the following morning.
[Wed Feb 5 20:52:31 2014] : DM: After another day and a half of travel you reach Port Dagger.
[Wed Feb 5 20:53:15 2014] : Aeleva: "What was the name of that commander again?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:53:21 2014] : DM: A bustling harbour town ringed with walls and dominated by a castle perched on a rocky promontary overlooking the small harbour.
[Wed Feb 5 20:53:48 2014] : Vaddyn: "Varius, I think"
[Wed Feb 5 20:53:56 2014] : DM: The town gates stand open but a watched by alert guards.
[Wed Feb 5 20:54:05 2014] : Miriam: "Yes, Varius"
[Wed Feb 5 20:54:17 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn walks up to the guards
[Wed Feb 5 20:54:35 2014] : Vaddyn: "Good afternoon"
[Wed Feb 5 20:54:53 2014] : Guard: "Hello, traveller."
[Wed Feb 5 20:55:12 2014] : Artur: "We have a message. For the commander."
[Wed Feb 5 20:55:17 2014] : Vaddyn: "We are looking for a Commander Varius"
[Wed Feb 5 20:56:18 2014] : Guard: "What business do you have with the commander?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:56:44 2014] : Vaddyn: "There was an... incident at one of the guard towers and we have been asked to report it"
[Wed Feb 5 20:56:49 2014] : Guard: The guard looks over you warily. Notiing your arms and armour.
[Wed Feb 5 20:57:11 2014] : Guard: "Very well, you will find the commander in the castle."
[Wed Feb 5 20:57:32 2014] : Miriam: "Thank you"
[Wed Feb 5 20:57:42 2014] : Hildy: ooc presumably the castle is an obvious landmark?
[Wed Feb 5 20:57:42 2014] : Vaddyn: "Thank you. Oh, would you happen to know of a decent inn?"
[Wed Feb 5 20:58:02 2014] : Hildy: ooc dominated by - yes
[Wed Feb 5 20:58:24 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc :)
[Wed Feb 5 20:58:28 2014] : Guard: The guard waves you on.
[Wed Feb 5 20:59:14 2014] : DM: The gate leads onto the main street in the town, leading down to the harbour. Inns and shops and workshops line the street.
[Wed Feb 5 20:59:38 2014] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn shrugs and walks on
[Wed Feb 5 20:59:45 2014] : DM: The street is busy with townfolk going about their business. Shopping, delivering supplies and the like.
[Wed Feb 5 21:00:26 2014] : DM: For a small town there is a surprising variety of shops and workshops. It looks like almost anything can be bought here.
[Wed Feb 5 21:00:43 2014] : Miriam: Miriam looks around her, intrigued by the city life
[Wed Feb 5 21:01:06 2014] : DM: There are smithies with sound of the hammer striking hot metal and the wheezy low puff of bellows.
[Wed Feb 5 21:01:42 2014] : DM: Grocers and butchers and fishmongers calling out their prices to passers by.
[Wed Feb 5 21:02:09 2014] : Hildy: "As a way of saying thanks for adventuring together, if anyone would like me to look at their items, and maybe add a bit more magic, I could look into that while we are here"
[Wed Feb 5 21:02:30 2014] : Hildy: ooc Craft Wondrous Item
[Wed Feb 5 21:02:51 2014] : DM: A curious little apothecary and magical trinkets shop draws the eye with its strange items on display in its windows.
[Wed Feb 5 21:03:38 2014] : DM: Strange beasts floating in glass jars, staffs of wood all crooked and gnarled.
[Wed Feb 5 21:03:46 2014] : Vaddyn: "You are full of surprises Hildy"
[Wed Feb 5 21:03:46 2014] : Aeleva: "Urgh"
[Wed Feb 5 21:04:13 2014] : Aeleva: "I don't like the look of these creatures"
[Wed Feb 5 21:04:24 2014] : Aeleva: Aeleva points to the visible jars
[Wed Feb 5 21:04:25 2014] : Artur: "The creatures are dead, and inert."
[Wed Feb 5 21:04:36 2014] : Miriam: "I don't understand why anyone would want those"
[Wed Feb 5 21:04:38 2014] : Aeleva: "They are, but..."
[Wed Feb 5 21:04:57 2014] : DM: ooc the shops sell a widge range of level-appropriate items. Feel free to shop now or between games.
[Wed Feb 5 21:05:00 2014] : Aeleva: ooc untrained in Nature knowledge
[Wed Feb 5 21:05:09 2014] : Aeleva: "..I can't say I know any of them"
[Wed Feb 5 21:05:12 2014] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(16) + 9] = 25
[Wed Feb 5 21:05:29 2014] : Miriam: Miriam looks at the creatures in the jars
[Wed Feb 5 21:05:34 2014] : Artur: ooc done my shopping ;-)
[Wed Feb 5 21:05:56 2014] : Aeleva: ooc do we have money?
[Wed Feb 5 21:06:10 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc dont think I'll have a chance to shop before next week, but will have a think after that
[Wed Feb 5 21:06:21 2014] : DM: There's a large dire rat in one jar, a pseudo dragon in another.
[Wed Feb 5 21:06:37 2014] : Hildy: ooc I have 365 GP ;-)
[Wed Feb 5 21:06:41 2014] : Miriam: Miriam shares her knowledge with Aeleva
[Wed Feb 5 21:07:51 2014] : Vaddyn: ooc I have a few thou apparently, plus what we can sell Walthams stuff for
[Wed Feb 5 21:08:29 2014] : Hildy: "Was there a reward for ridding the North of the undead threat?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:09:30 2014] : DM: ooc you should have snagged some gold from the undead camp. (I thnk, check the logs)
[Wed Feb 5 21:10:08 2014] : Miriam: ooc I thought we did, but never divided it yet
[Wed Feb 5 21:10:45 2014] : Miriam: ooc But we might have been too focused on the artefacts
[Wed Feb 5 21:11:37 2014] : DM: ooc on to the castle?
[Wed Feb 5 21:11:48 2014] : Artur: ooc yep
[Wed Feb 5 21:11:50 2014] : Aeleva: ooc yes!
[Wed Feb 5 21:12:43 2014] : DM: After some time (window) shopping you head up the castle, passing through the lower gates and then up the steep road to the castle proper.
[Wed Feb 5 21:13:23 2014] : DM: The courtyard is busy with soldiers drilling and training and farriers shoeing horses.
[Wed Feb 5 21:13:54 2014] : DM: You are quickly shown into the main keep, a square structure with thick walls and narrow windows.
[Wed Feb 5 21:14:34 2014] : DM: You are leed inside the gloomy main hall and then up the tower to the commander's small office.
[Wed Feb 5 21:15:06 2014] : Hildy: ooc 2000 gp + studded armour and a shield of unknown power
[Wed Feb 5 21:15:28 2014] : Miriam: ooc Better get that shield identified first then
[Wed Feb 5 21:16:10 2014] : Artur: ooc I can cast Identify tomorrow
[Wed Feb 5 21:16:30 2014] : Hildy: ooc no need to in PF, detect magic and spellcraft
[Wed Feb 5 21:16:38 2014] : DM: She stands as she greets you. A tall women in the king's colours, a gold symbols of her rank sewed on her upper arm, her hair cropped short in a practical, military style.
[Wed Feb 5 21:16:41 2014] : Hildy: ooc identify adds +10 to the roll IIRC
[Wed Feb 5 21:17:12 2014] : Vaddyn: "Commander Varius?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:17:18 2014] : DM: "Yes, and I have read the report sent from the south about you."
[Wed Feb 5 21:17:47 2014] : DM: "You investigated the troubles around Fort Anvil? What do you have to report?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:19:00 2014] : Aeleva: "Just a little dragon"
[Wed Feb 5 21:19:36 2014] : Varius: ooc she's asking about the fog/undead btw.
[Wed Feb 5 21:19:41 2014] : Artur: "That's not entirely true. I have seen smaller dragons."
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:00 2014] : Varius: "A dragon?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:01 2014] : Miriam: "But that was after we met with the undead army"
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:21 2014] : Aeleva: "I wasn't saying the smallest, I was aiming for "not too big" actually."
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:28 2014] : Miriam: "Yes, a black dragon, attacking a watch tower"
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:46 2014] : Varius: ooc don't feel the end to tell the whole story.
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:56 2014] : Varius: ooc don't feel the need to tell the whole story.
[Wed Feb 5 21:20:56 2014] : Miriam: ooc Are we confusing her yet? ;)
[Wed Feb 5 21:21:06 2014] : Hildy: "Dreadful powerful aretefacts..."
[Wed Feb 5 21:21:31 2014] : Hildy: "They annihilated each other after we killed the dark naga, so problem resolved for ever"
[Wed Feb 5 21:21:33 2014] : Miriam: ooc Let's just assume we report in an orderly fashion now
[Wed Feb 5 21:21:53 2014] : Varius: Varius takes all this in.
[Wed Feb 5 21:22:32 2014] : Varius: "You have served the king well, but I fear your services are required some more."
[Wed Feb 5 21:22:44 2014] : Varius: "There is more trouble in the north."
[Wed Feb 5 21:24:01 2014] : Varius: She unrolls a map of the area on her desk.
[Wed Feb 5 21:24:07 2014] : Varius: She points to a spot.
[Wed Feb 5 21:24:29 2014] : Varius: "Two days ago there was a great disturbance in the land here."
[Wed Feb 5 21:24:42 2014] : Miriam: ooc brb Rohan needs a nap
[Wed Feb 5 21:25:02 2014] : Aeleva: "In the land a great disturbance there is"
[Wed Feb 5 21:25:09 2014] : Aeleva: ooc ok, couldn't resist.
[Wed Feb 5 21:25:33 2014] : Varius: "I had Thomaz scry the area and the lake that used to here is gone."
[Wed Feb 5 21:25:50 2014] : Hildy: "How large a lake?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:25:50 2014] : Varius: "In its place are strange ruins."
[Wed Feb 5 21:26:10 2014] : Varius: This is due north of the tower you report as attacked by a black dragon."
[Wed Feb 5 21:26:20 2014] : Varius: "Perhaps the two events are linked."
[Wed Feb 5 21:26:44 2014] : Artur: "Black dragons live in lakes, and that would explain its flight."
[Wed Feb 5 21:27:07 2014] : Varius: "The lake covered many hundreds of hectares and now its gone."
[Wed Feb 5 21:27:34 2014] : Varius: "I do not like things I do not understand."
[Wed Feb 5 21:27:42 2014] : Aeleva: "Can lakes disappear just like this?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:28:10 2014] : Hildy: "Clearly they can"
[Wed Feb 5 21:28:28 2014] : Hildy: "he question to me is how can they disappear?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:28:55 2014] : Miriam: "And how do we get them back again?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:29:16 2014] : Varius: "If you are available, I require a party to venture there and assess the situation."
[Wed Feb 5 21:29:44 2014] : Aeleva: "Qounds like a plan"
[Wed Feb 5 21:29:51 2014] : Aeleva: "Artur, are you up for this?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:30:07 2014] : Artur: "Strange ruins. Can you describe further? Desert, or temperate, or snow?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:30:22 2014] : Artur: "And what stone? This could be any layer of history. Or another plane."
[Wed Feb 5 21:30:47 2014] : Artur: "I... yes, I will travel. This fact is strange."
[Wed Feb 5 21:30:50 2014] : Varius: "I would advise you ask Wizard Tomaz."
[Wed Feb 5 21:32:10 2014] : Artur: "Then tell him we have questions."
[Wed Feb 5 21:32:37 2014] : Miriam: "Where can we find Wizard Tomaz?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:32:49 2014] : Varius: "You can find him in his quarters here in the castle."
[Wed Feb 5 21:33:40 2014] : Hildy: "DO we seek him via a steward, majordomo or the like?
[Wed Feb 5 21:34:16 2014] : Varius: "Up the stairs in the left."
[Wed Feb 5 21:34:44 2014] : Hildy: ooc or just search the entire castle, emptying all containers of items on the way, until we find him? (sound familiar?)
[Wed Feb 5 21:34:49 2014] : Miriam: "Thank you so much"
[Wed Feb 5 21:34:53 2014] : Artur: Artur walks off to find Tomasz
[Wed Feb 5 21:34:58 2014] : Vaddyn (exit): 21:34
[Wed Feb 5 21:35:16 2014] : Miriam: ooc Have you been playing BG again?
[Wed Feb 5 21:35:42 2014] : Hildy: ooc I managed to install in on My Nexus 7 via GemRB
[Wed Feb 5 21:36:01 2014] : Hildy: ooc Bert just dropped off, shall we wait?
[Wed Feb 5 21:36:34 2014] : Aeleva: ooc oh wow, on the nexus.
[Wed Feb 5 21:36:48 2014] : Hildy: ooc his Internet connection has died
[Wed Feb 5 21:36:55 2014] : Miriam: ooc Ouch
[Wed Feb 5 21:37:12 2014] : Thomaz: Thomas's chambers are cluttered, books and papers spilling from the bookshelves lining the walls, a desk cluttered with curious objects and a crystal ball.
[Wed Feb 5 21:37:37 2014] : Thomaz: ooc we can wait a bit
[Wed Feb 5 21:44:51 2014] : Hildy: ooc sounds similar to my issue a few weeks ago
[Wed Feb 5 21:45:36 2014] : Aeleva: ooc are you talking to him?
[Wed Feb 5 21:45:43 2014] : Hildy: ooc texting
[Wed Feb 5 21:45:53 2014] : Hildy: ooc Carry on without him for now
[Wed Feb 5 21:47:44 2014] : Thomaz: Thomaz is a older, thin man, perhaps early 60s, he peers at you through his glasses.
[Wed Feb 5 21:48:01 2014] : Thomaz: "Hello? You are?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:48:31 2014] : Aeleva: "well met, I am Aeleva. I take it you're Thomas?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:48:43 2014] : Aeleva: "We're a group of people wandering around"
[Wed Feb 5 21:48:58 2014] : Thomaz: "Yes, I hope this won't take long as I'm in the middle of some important research.
[Wed Feb 5 21:49:22 2014] : Hildy: "Is it to do with the missing lake?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:49:23 2014] : Thomaz: "Did you know that an ancient town has just appeared out of a lake in the north?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:49:23 2014] : Miriam: "Our reason for coming here is rather important as well"
[Wed Feb 5 21:49:34 2014] : Thomaz: "Oh. You do."
[Wed Feb 5 21:49:40 2014] : Miriam: ooc He scried the area!
[Wed Feb 5 21:49:58 2014] : Miriam: ooc Never mind, silly me, I misread who said that
[Wed Feb 5 21:50:03 2014] : Thomaz: "Well, I've been reading and it seems likely that it dates back many thousands of years."
[Wed Feb 5 21:51:07 2014] : Thomaz: "There are references to an ancient civilization that fell in some dark calamity."
[Wed Feb 5 21:51:47 2014] : Thomaz: "I would like very much to explore the place buy alas my duties keep me here."
[Wed Feb 5 21:51:48 2014] : Aeleva: "So this has happened before?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:52:13 2014] : Aeleva: "oh sorry, you men the city that appeared is that old?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:52:22 2014] : Aeleva: ooc *mean
[Wed Feb 5 21:52:43 2014] : Artur: "We will, perhaps, investigate. There is some history there."
[Wed Feb 5 21:52:48 2014] : Thomaz: "Yes, exactly, Hidden for thousands of years beneath the lake and then suddenly revealed."
[Wed Feb 5 21:52:50 2014] : Artur: ooc and some loot!
[Wed Feb 5 21:53:39 2014] : Miriam: ooc Old junk, you mean :P
[Wed Feb 5 21:53:47 2014] : Aeleva: "Oh. OK. this is indeed strange"
[Wed Feb 5 21:53:59 2014] : Aeleva: "We were thinking of maybe heading there to investigate"
[Wed Feb 5 21:54:10 2014] : Thomaz: "A closer inspection of the ruins of would teach of much of this ancient civilization and why it fell."
[Wed Feb 5 21:54:15 2014] : Aeleva: "Anything in particular we should be looking at, or looking for?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:54:39 2014] : Aeleva: ooc want me to take pics with my phone, dear Wizard Tomaz ;-)
[Wed Feb 5 21:55:08 2014] : Hildy: ooc LOL, was thinking the same
[Wed Feb 5 21:55:34 2014] : Thomaz: "I imagine the commander has already asked you to see if it poses a threat, but I would be far more interested in understanding this ancient culture."
[Wed Feb 5 21:56:15 2014] : Miriam: "And what would you need for that? Writing would have been destroyed by the waters of the lake, I suppose"
[Wed Feb 5 21:56:28 2014] : Thomaz: "Perhaps carvings remain in the ruins or there may be other archeological evidence."
[Wed Feb 5 21:57:10 2014] : Hildy: "The stone would weigh a lot"
[Wed Feb 5 21:57:11 2014] : Miriam: "I see"
[Wed Feb 5 21:57:30 2014] : Artur: "We could memorize the designs. That would help."
[Wed Feb 5 21:57:34 2014] : Thomaz: "There is a surprising amount that may be learned from studying the artifacts left behind."
[Wed Feb 5 21:57:41 2014] : Miriam: "And make copies, perhaps"
[Wed Feb 5 21:57:44 2014] : Thomaz: "Rubbings would suffice."
[Wed Feb 5 21:58:15 2014] : Miriam: "Then we need supplies: paper and charcoal?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:58:22 2014] : Thomaz: "What level was their technology, what gods or godesses did they worship?"
[Wed Feb 5 21:58:31 2014] : Thomaz: "Supplies you shall have."
[Wed Feb 5 22:00:11 2014] : Hildy: "Art is not really my thing. We grew up without paper where I lived. Only recently did I learn its value in making scrolls"
[Wed Feb 5 22:00:43 2014] : Thomaz: Thomaz looks scandalized at the thought of growing up without paper.
[Wed Feb 5 22:01:01 2014] : Thomaz: "No paper? But... what were your books made out of then?"
[Wed Feb 5 22:01:14 2014] : Miriam: "I'm not very adept at writing myself, it's no use while fighting"
[Wed Feb 5 22:02:09 2014] : Artur: "Paper burns too easily."
[Wed Feb 5 22:02:37 2014] : Thomaz: "Oh, I nearly forgot I have seen signs of other creatures and monsters moving about the ruins."
[Wed Feb 5 22:02:43 2014] : Thomaz: "You should be on your guard."
[Wed Feb 5 22:02:48 2014] : Artur: "Carving in stone lasts better."
[Wed Feb 5 22:03:00 2014] : Miriam: "That is interesting information. What kind of creatures?"
[Wed Feb 5 22:04:12 2014] : Hildy: "We wrote on hides. Vellum books came with the itinerant priests"
[Wed Feb 5 22:04:18 2014] : Aeleva: "Yes, if that can help us be prepared, then it would be great"
[Wed Feb 5 22:04:50 2014] : Thomaz: "Troglodytes, trolls and other creatures I could not identify, hidden in the ruins."
[Wed Feb 5 22:05:16 2014] : Hildy: "None of them are good for Vellum"
[Wed Feb 5 22:05:22 2014] : Hildy: Hildy grins
[Wed Feb 5 22:05:27 2014] : Artur: "It sounds like they all burn, though."
[Wed Feb 5 22:05:28 2014] : Miriam: "Hmm, trolls and troglodytes, better prepare for them"
[Wed Feb 5 22:06:34 2014] : Thomaz: "Troll will need acid or fire, the troglodytes are generally only troublesome in large groups."
[Wed Feb 5 22:06:42 2014] : Aeleva: ooc lol@Artur the one-trackminded-guy
[Wed Feb 5 22:06:42 2014] : Artur: ooc we seem to have a pair of psychos here
[Wed Feb 5 22:06:56 2014] : Artur: "Fire is not a problem."
[Wed Feb 5 22:07:52 2014] : Miriam: "That's good to hear"
[Wed Feb 5 22:08:34 2014] : Thomaz: GAME END