Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 7 19:50:40 2013] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:02 2013] : Mardram: "So, what now?"
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:16 2013] : DM: ooc it's difficult to reintroduce Linden and Jin at this point!
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:30 2013] : Andrei: ooc they were there too but got distracted in the ambush
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:33 2013] : Linden: ooc I don't mind sitting out for a while.
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:43 2013] : DM: You are in an alpine valley, filled with tall grass
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:47 2013] : Linden: ooc if it helps the story
[Wed Aug 7 19:51:56 2013] : Mardram: ooc Doesn't Linden have a slightly lame horse?
[Wed Aug 7 19:52:04 2013] : DM: ooc you could have been responding to a call of nature and then catch up
[Wed Aug 7 19:52:04 2013] : Linden: ooc not anymore
[Wed Aug 7 19:52:21 2013] : Mardram: ooc ok, was thinking you and Jin held back to give it a rest
[Wed Aug 7 19:52:23 2013] : DM: You are in an alpine valley, filled with tall grass
[Wed Aug 7 19:52:51 2013] : DM: Close by are the corpses of a horse, three large stripy cats and Mary
[Wed Aug 7 19:53:19 2013] : Mardram: ooc pony
[Wed Aug 7 19:54:10 2013] : DM: Mardram and Andrei are still injured
[Wed Aug 7 19:54:29 2013] : Andrei: HP Status 21 out of 31.
[Wed Aug 7 19:54:45 2013] : Mardram: ooc I think I did a little healing right at the end
[Wed Aug 7 19:54:53 2013] : Andrei: ooc you did; I was on 3HP
[Wed Aug 7 19:55:32 2013] : DM: The cat fur looks somewhat torn in places, but probably worth a fair amount as a rug, or to be made into thick boots or coats
[Wed Aug 7 19:55:46 2013] : Mardram: Mardram briefly grips Andreis shoulder as he walks past him towards the remains of his pony
[Wed Aug 7 19:55:47 2013] : Mardram: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(4) + 5] = 9 HP
[Wed Aug 7 19:56:13 2013] : Andrei: Healing: Regain 5 HP. [Wed Aug 7 19:56:41 2013] : Linden: Linden runs up.
[Wed Aug 7 19:56:42 2013] : Andrei: "Well, anyone confident skinning these animals? Might be warm in the winter"
[Wed Aug 7 19:57:19 2013] : Mardram: "Mary was probably the one to do that"
[Wed Aug 7 19:57:31 2013] : Mardram: "Lets see how my saddlebags fared"
[Wed Aug 7 19:57:32 2013] : Linden: "I heard the fighting. What happened?" He notices the bodies. "Oh gods. Mary?"
[Wed Aug 7 19:57:52 2013] : Mardram: "Aye. Well, whats left of her"
[Wed Aug 7 19:58:19 2013] : Andrei: "The cats had gone to eat the dead pony, but she shot one of them. It turned back and killed her."
[Wed Aug 7 19:58:39 2013] : Mardram: "Three cats pounced on us from nowhere"
[Wed Aug 7 19:59:09 2013] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 7 19:59:15 2013] : Mardram: Mardram picks through the blood and entrails to retrieve his belongings
[Wed Aug 7 19:59:33 2013] : Linden: "Do we have funds for a raise dead spell? Is that something she would want?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:00:28 2013] : Mardram: "I dont know the answer to either question"
[Wed Aug 7 20:00:43 2013] : Andrei: "Can you use any magic to speak with the dead?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:01:14 2013] : Linden: "I don't have any such spells in my spell book."
[Wed Aug 7 20:01:53 2013] : Mardram: "I have never learnt how to do that either, but perhaps Cerndrik would be able to help"
[Wed Aug 7 20:01:54 2013] : Linden: "I think it's a cleric spell."
[Wed Aug 7 20:03:24 2013] : Andrei: "Well, what are we going to do who are still alive? Take her body with us?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:03:51 2013] : Linden: "Yes."
[Wed Aug 7 20:04:05 2013] : Linden: ooc how far away is the horse farm from here?
[Wed Aug 7 20:05:50 2013] : DM: About 8 miles according to the map, but the scale may be wrong!
[Wed Aug 7 20:06:22 2013] : DM: Yes, about 8 miles
[Wed Aug 7 20:06:27 2013] : Andrei: "We can get there in a day, I think, if we have no more delays."
[Wed Aug 7 20:06:41 2013] : DM: It's about mid-day now
[Wed Aug 7 20:06:53 2013] : Andrei: Andrei loads Mary's corpse onto the back of her horse, and begins leading the two animals
[Wed Aug 7 20:06:53 2013] : Linden: ooc 8 miles is 2 hours by horse I would think.
[Wed Aug 7 20:07:39 2013] : Linden: "I think we should get another horse and then ride back to town."
[Wed Aug 7 20:08:28 2013] : Andrei: "Well, yes. Maybe more than one extra horse. We're only out here because Mary wanted to find a special mount, after all."
[Wed Aug 7 20:08:29 2013] : Mardram: "Yes"
[Wed Aug 7 20:08:42 2013] : Mardram: "I could do with a new one myself"
[Wed Aug 7 20:09:52 2013] : Andrei: ooc OK, so we'll load Mary's corpse onto her horse, me and Mardram onto my horse, and Linden on his.
[Wed Aug 7 20:10:06 2013] : Linden: Linden mounts his horse and heads off.
[Wed Aug 7 20:10:22 2013] : DM: ooc and Jin on hers
[Wed Aug 7 20:10:30 2013] : Andrei: ooc well, yes
[Wed Aug 7 20:10:52 2013] : DM: At the end of the valley, you see that a further descent is needed
[Wed Aug 7 20:11:31 2013] : DM: The alpine meadow lies within a hanging valley
[Wed Aug 7 20:12:11 2013] : DM: The path down the last section is not too taxing, and you descend back to the low rolling hills that characterise the region shortly
[Wed Aug 7 20:12:24 2013] : Andrei: "Well, it's good to be down in the warmer air again"
[Wed Aug 7 20:13:03 2013] : DM: After 4 miles or so, you se trees to the South
[Wed Aug 7 20:13:54 2013] : Linden: "That must be northwood if I remember the maps correctly."
[Wed Aug 7 20:13:54 2013] : DM: From what you've seen from higher elevations, the wood extends a few miles South and East from the path
[Wed Aug 7 20:14:44 2013] : DM: As you keep travelling the woods can be seen a few hundred meters away from the road
[Wed Aug 7 20:14:45 2013] : Mardram: "Hopefully not as dangerous as the last forest we were in"
[Wed Aug 7 20:14:49 2013] : Linden: Linden coninues along the road to the farm.
[Wed Aug 7 20:15:05 2013] : Andrei: "Well, we can explore it later. An overnight rest first, I think!"
[Wed Aug 7 20:15:12 2013] : DM: Presently you come to the fork in the road that leads into the woods
[Wed Aug 7 20:16:18 2013] : DM: Perception
[Wed Aug 7 20:16:31 2013] : DM: [1d20(4)] = 4
[Wed Aug 7 20:16:34 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Aug 7 20:17:04 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Aug 7 20:17:14 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(5) + 12] = 17
[Wed Aug 7 20:17:27 2013] : Andrei: ooc if that 4 is a stealth roll, we're probably OK :)
[Wed Aug 7 20:17:29 2013] : DM: The trees are closer here, and almost each the West-East road
[Wed Aug 7 20:19:08 2013] : DM: The trees are closer here, and almost *reach* the West-East road
[Wed Aug 7 20:19:15 2013] : Linden: Linden waves at a tree.
[Wed Aug 7 20:19:29 2013] : Mardram: "You feeling ok Linden?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:19:57 2013] : Linden: "There's an elf watching us from the tree."
[Wed Aug 7 20:20:34 2013] : Andrei: Andrei slips down off the horse, leaving Mardram perched up there on his own.
[Wed Aug 7 20:20:41 2013] : Mardram: "What? Where?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:20:46 2013] : DM: There's a sudden cawing sound
[Wed Aug 7 20:20:59 2013] : DM: Knowledge nature
[Wed Aug 7 20:20:59 2013] : Andrei: He whispers: "Distract them if necessary."
[Wed Aug 7 20:21:02 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(10) + 2] = 12
[Wed Aug 7 20:21:10 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15 (untrained: 10)
[Wed Aug 7 20:21:13 2013] : Mardram: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Aug 7 20:21:47 2013] : DM: Perception
[Wed Aug 7 20:21:54 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(14) + 12] = 26
[Wed Aug 7 20:21:58 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Aug 7 20:22:27 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Wed Aug 7 20:22:43 2013] : MaryRIP (enter): 20:22
[Wed Aug 7 20:22:47 2013] : Mardram: "Warning signal?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:23:06 2013] : Linden: "The elf isn't a threat, probably keeping an eye out for trouble on the road."
[Wed Aug 7 20:23:42 2013] : Andrei: "We're not dangerous!"
[Wed Aug 7 20:23:46 2013] : Linden: ooc as an elf I probably wouldn't say "the elf"/
[Wed Aug 7 20:24:02 2013] : Linden: "Someone approaches."
[Wed Aug 7 20:24:10 2013] : Andrei: "There's another one, coming through the bushes. He's good in them."
[Wed Aug 7 20:24:39 2013] : Mardram: Mardram reins Andreis horse to a halt
[Wed Aug 7 20:24:43 2013] : DM: Soon you all see a human in dark browns and greens approaching openly, palms held out
[Wed Aug 7 20:25:10 2013] : DM: He moves through the undergrowth as though it's not there
[Wed Aug 7 20:25:21 2013] : Andrei: "Hello!"
[Wed Aug 7 20:25:22 2013] : Mardram: "I wish I could do that"
[Wed Aug 7 20:25:37 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Well met travellers"
[Wed Aug 7 20:26:33 2013] : Jiet Ki: "What brings you this way? "
[Wed Aug 7 20:26:33 2013] : Mardram: "Greetings and thank you for the warm welcome"
[Wed Aug 7 20:26:52 2013] : Jiet Ki: He looks a little confused
[Wed Aug 7 20:27:03 2013] : Andrei: "I am Andrei, mostly of Dorduk; we have here Linden, an inventor; Mardram, a friend and healer; and Jin, a warrior. We also bring Mary, our friend, who was almost eaten earlier today."
[Wed Aug 7 20:27:09 2013] : Jiet Ki: "This is not warm, merely non threatening"
[Wed Aug 7 20:27:31 2013] : Andrei: "We were heading to the horse-farm, in order for Mary to buy a new mount."
[Wed Aug 7 20:27:37 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Almost eaten? Have you travelled the pass?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:27:46 2013] : Mardram: "Warmer than usual"
[Wed Aug 7 20:28:39 2013] : Andrei: "Yes, we travelled the pass. Some large cats attacked. Striped animals.
[Wed Aug 7 20:28:54 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Ah, alas!"
[Wed Aug 7 20:29:25 2013] : Jiet Ki: "We had word that a family of hill cats had been driven down to the valley by the harsh spring"
[Wed Aug 7 20:29:38 2013] : Jiet Ki: "They normally range to the North"
[Wed Aug 7 20:29:41 2013] : Mardram: "They are no more"
[Wed Aug 7 20:29:55 2013] : Andrei: "They didn't really give us much choice."
[Wed Aug 7 20:29:59 2013] : Jiet Ki: Sense Motive
[Wed Aug 7 20:30:10 2013] : Mardram: Sense Motive: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Aug 7 20:30:10 2013] : Andrei: Andrei glosses over the fact that there was, in fact, a choice really.
[Wed Aug 7 20:30:12 2013] : Andrei: Sense Motive: [1d20(8) + 12] = 20
[Wed Aug 7 20:30:39 2013] : Linden: Sense Motive: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Aug 7 20:32:28 2013] : Jiet Ki: He looks at Andrei sharply
[Wed Aug 7 20:32:35 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Hunters are you?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:32:48 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Only it turned bad?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:33:10 2013] : Andrei: "Not I! I'd rather be in a nice safe city, where all this nature business is somebody else's concern!"
[Wed Aug 7 20:33:38 2013] : Andrei: "I'll put a knife in any cat that tries to make me its dinner, but if that drives it off then I'll let it go."
[Wed Aug 7 20:33:50 2013] : Mardram: "I think we were the hunted"
[Wed Aug 7 20:34:11 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Hmm, sometimes there is nothing else for it"
[Wed Aug 7 20:34:34 2013] : Mardram: "If not for our dead friend attacking out of spite we would've gladly ran and let them feast on my pony"
[Wed Aug 7 20:34:36 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Where are the bodies? Did you honour them?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:35:03 2013] : Mardram: "Honour them?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:35:17 2013] : Andrei: "Honour them? You want me to dig a grave for some cats that tried to eat me, when I'm torn and bleeding from their claws and my friend lies dead?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:35:32 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Yes, great spirits deserve to be honoured, and few are greater than the hill cat"
[Wed Aug 7 20:35:44 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Hmm"
[Wed Aug 7 20:35:57 2013] : Jiet Ki: "I know our ways are not those of everyone"
[Wed Aug 7 20:36:04 2013] : Mardram: "They fought fiercely, I'll give them that."
[Wed Aug 7 20:36:16 2013] : Andrei: "We didn't do anything to them other than walk away, if that's what you want to know."
[Wed Aug 7 20:36:18 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Can you tell us where to find their bodies?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:36:23 2013] : Mardram: "The bodies are a few miles back the way we came"
[Wed Aug 7 20:36:52 2013] : Andrei: "Hwad up the road to the pass. You'll see them."
[Wed Aug 7 20:37:06 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Hmm, and we cannot spare those who protect our borders..."
[Wed Aug 7 20:37:31 2013] : Andrei: "Who might come into your borders?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:37:32 2013] : Jiet Ki: He looks at Mary's body and ponders...
[Wed Aug 7 20:37:34 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge Local: [1d20(7) + 12] = 19
[Wed Aug 7 20:38:12 2013] : MaryRIP (exit): 20:38
[Wed Aug 7 20:38:53 2013] : Jiet Ki: "There are those who would venerate those cats for the death that they bring..."
[Wed Aug 7 20:39:13 2013] : Jiet Ki: "One with nature, but also a reveller in death"
[Wed Aug 7 20:39:34 2013] : Linden: "Are you talking about followers of Makash?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:39:35 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Forgetting that death is only a small part of the cycle"
[Wed Aug 7 20:39:49 2013] : Jiet Ki: "I am, do you know of them?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:39:56 2013] : Andrei: "Well, there's nothing wrong with death really, but... I'll try to avoid it happening to me."
[Wed Aug 7 20:40:01 2013] : Linden: "We've had run-ins with them, yes."
[Wed Aug 7 20:40:02 2013] : Mardram: "Too much"
[Wed Aug 7 20:40:13 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Where, when?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:40:16 2013] : Andrei: "We've had a couple of run-ins. And I took this off one of them."
[Wed Aug 7 20:40:34 2013] : Andrei: Andrei fails a wisdom check and pulls out his symbol of Makash
[Wed Aug 7 20:41:00 2013] : Jiet Ki: "I fear for our brothers in Dellvar"
[Wed Aug 7 20:41:12 2013] : Linden: "Further to the west, beyond Barcanton."
[Wed Aug 7 20:41:19 2013] : Jiet Ki: He looks at the symbol with mild distaste
[Wed Aug 7 20:41:38 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Yes, that is one of them, though larger than others that we have seen"
[Wed Aug 7 20:41:56 2013] : Andrei: "That was in the old temple. We took apart their operation there."
[Wed Aug 7 20:42:10 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Beyond Barcanton?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:42:10 2013] : Andrei: "I'd have left them be, but they were kidnapping children. Can't have that."
[Wed Aug 7 20:42:33 2013] : Jiet Ki: "And so the rot is spreading, though you have helped, I'm sure"
[Wed Aug 7 20:43:00 2013] : Andrei: "Do you mean it started here? Where near here? I could make a collection of these."
[Wed Aug 7 20:43:26 2013] : Mardram: "After the trouble it has got you into you want another one?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:43:58 2013] : Jiet Ki: "For some reason, these Makash worshippers are targetting nature and its allies, bringing in foul orcs and their half-spawn offspring. Trained as rangers and druids. Killing or converting our friends"
[Wed Aug 7 20:44:01 2013] : Andrei: "It's got its attractions as a trophy, hasn't it."
[Wed Aug 7 20:44:23 2013] : Andrei: "Well, if they destroy nature, there'll be more death. Only logical, really."
[Wed Aug 7 20:44:26 2013] : Jiet Ki: "It's not to my liking"
[Wed Aug 7 20:44:50 2013] : Jiet Ki: "They don't destroy nature, only encourage it to destroy"
[Wed Aug 7 20:44:54 2013] : Andrei: "Uninventive, of course, because if there's too much death then there won't be any life afterwards, and then nothing to die - so a very short-sighted approach."
[Wed Aug 7 20:45:06 2013] : Linden: "We would like to help but we must raise out companion first."
[Wed Aug 7 20:45:18 2013] : Jiet Ki: "It has spread to here, though I don't think that this is its source"
[Wed Aug 7 20:45:29 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Yes, how to do that..."
[Wed Aug 7 20:45:40 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Perhaps we can help each other?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:45:49 2013] : Mardram: "How?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:46:05 2013] : Jiet Ki: "I am grateful that you did not disrespect the fallen family of cats..."
[Wed Aug 7 20:46:18 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Though hunting is not always wrong"
[Wed Aug 7 20:46:36 2013] : Jiet Ki: "My master is powerful, and his ways are mysterious..."
[Wed Aug 7 20:47:18 2013] : Jiet Ki: "I believe that the natural spirit remaining in those 3 cats could be harnessed to bring your friend back to life..."
[Wed Aug 7 20:47:33 2013] : Andrei: "So what would we need to do?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:47:41 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Though mother nature is a strange beast, and she may not return unchanged"
[Wed Aug 7 20:47:42 2013] : Andrei: ooc zombie were-tiger elf ranger?
[Wed Aug 7 20:47:49 2013] : Mardram: ooc yes!
[Wed Aug 7 20:48:08 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Bring the bodies to us, we will perform a ritual"
[Wed Aug 7 20:48:18 2013] : Jiet Ki: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 7 20:48:59 2013] : Mardram: "This is unexpected"
[Wed Aug 7 20:49:06 2013] : Andrei: "How should we bring the bodies? The only way I can see is to drag them behind horses, and our mounts are tired and injured."
[Wed Aug 7 20:49:08 2013] : Linden: Linden turns his horse around.
[Wed Aug 7 20:49:37 2013] : Mardram: "Would you have a cart?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:50:17 2013] : Jiet Ki: "I'm sure you'll think of something"
[Wed Aug 7 20:50:28 2013] : Jiet Ki: "We do not have a cart here"
[Wed Aug 7 20:50:44 2013] : Jiet Ki: "The road is not passable with one, so we use other means"
[Wed Aug 7 20:51:05 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Please, do not drag the bodies"
[Wed Aug 7 20:51:24 2013] : Andrei: "What do you suggest?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:51:26 2013] : Jiet Ki: "We need them as intact as possible for the best chance"
[Wed Aug 7 20:51:37 2013] : MaryRIP (enter): 20:51
[Wed Aug 7 20:51:41 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc You're in the cat-towing business now
[Wed Aug 7 20:51:52 2013] : Jiet Ki: He turns, and walks back to the woods
[Wed Aug 7 20:52:01 2013] : Jiet Ki: "We'll await your return"
[Wed Aug 7 20:52:07 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc And I've been disconnected twice now :(
[Wed Aug 7 20:52:18 2013] : Andrei: ooc he's not keen to offer any bloody ideas! :-p
[Wed Aug 7 20:52:37 2013] : Andrei: "Can we make stretchers from trees? Drag the wood instead?
[Wed Aug 7 20:52:48 2013] : Mardram: "That might be possible"
[Wed Aug 7 20:52:58 2013] : Linden: "We can make a widget of branches to drag behind the horses."
[Wed Aug 7 20:53:14 2013] : Linden: ooc I forget the name. travois? perhaps.
[Wed Aug 7 20:53:33 2013] : Andrei: ooc travois sounds plausible
[Wed Aug 7 20:53:53 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc I think that's right
[Wed Aug 7 20:54:29 2013] : Mardram: "Are they going to be mad if we cut down branches from the trees here?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:54:59 2013] : Linden: Linden returns to the battlefield and begins selecting suitable fallen branches.
[Wed Aug 7 20:55:03 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Engineering: [1d20(10) + 16] = 26
[Wed Aug 7 20:55:07 2013] : Andrei: "We'd better just not tell them."
[Wed Aug 7 20:55:12 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(15) + 12] = 27
[Wed Aug 7 20:55:17 2013] : Linden: ooc are there suitable fallen timbers to be found?
[Wed Aug 7 20:55:43 2013] : Jiet Ki: There are here
[Wed Aug 7 20:56:30 2013] : Jiet Ki: The odd birch tree here and there
[Wed Aug 7 20:56:45 2013] : Jiet Ki: Older trees occasionally on the floor
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:01 2013] : Mardram: Mardram starts gathering branches
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:14 2013] : Mardram: "Are these of any use Linden?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:27 2013] : Jiet Ki: You manage to make a travois, but how good is it??
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:34 2013] : Linden: "These long, straight poles look suitable."
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:42 2013] : Andrei: Aid Another:
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:44 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Aug 7 20:57:47 2013] : Andrei: ooc oops
[Wed Aug 7 20:58:23 2013] : Mardram: "We should try it out before we set off"
[Wed Aug 7 20:58:44 2013] : Andrei: "Yes. Shall we haul one of the animals on?"
[Wed Aug 7 20:58:58 2013] : Jiet Ki: ooc use some reasoned skills to construct
[Wed Aug 7 20:59:11 2013] : Jiet Ki: Linden knows how to construct one
[Wed Aug 7 20:59:37 2013] : Mardram: ooc gotta be engineering
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:02 2013] : Linden: ooc needs to be a practical skill not knowledge.
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:03 2013] : Mardram: Mardram looks for strong branches
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:06 2013] : Mardram: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:21 2013] : Andrei: Survival: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:22 2013] : Jiet Ki: Mardram finds some very good ones
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:35 2013] : Andrei: Andrei tries to tie them together sturdily
[Wed Aug 7 21:00:56 2013] : DM: Everyone can see Andrei's attempt is not great
[Wed Aug 7 21:01:43 2013] : Mardram: Mardram tries to improve the knots
[Wed Aug 7 21:01:45 2013] : Mardram: Survival: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Aug 7 21:01:49 2013] : DM: The horse looks visibly un-nerved by the smell of large predator and copious blood
[Wed Aug 7 21:02:00 2013] : Mardram: Mardram ties his own hands together
[Wed Aug 7 21:02:03 2013] : Andrei: "Well, that looks a bloody mess. And now you've made it worse. Can one of you calm the horses down?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:03 2013] : Mardram: "I can barely ride the things"
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:16 2013] : Andrei: ooc where's Mary when you need her?
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:22 2013] : Andrei: Charisma: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:34 2013] : Andrei: ooc that was an attempt at a handle-animal roll (untrained)
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:41 2013] : DM: The horse is not calmed
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:46 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc She's having a bit of a rest
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:54 2013] : Andrei: Andrei tries miming calming shapes at the horses
[Wed Aug 7 21:03:58 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(20) + 23] = 43
[Wed Aug 7 21:04:02 2013] : Mardram: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 7 21:04:09 2013] : Andrei: ooc I just wanted to use a good modifier :-)
[Wed Aug 7 21:04:13 2013] : DM: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 7 21:04:25 2013] : Andrei: ooc I don't care about circumstance penalties because they're, well, horses!
[Wed Aug 7 21:04:43 2013] : DM: The horse is distracted by your bizarre display
[Wed Aug 7 21:05:06 2013] : Linden: Linden attempts to fix-up the botched job,,,,
[Wed Aug 7 21:05:08 2013] : Linden: Survival: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Aug 7 21:05:28 2013] : DM: Linden manages to make good the knots that lash the contraption together
[Wed Aug 7 21:06:27 2013] : Linden: "Time to load it up. Give me a hand with one of these cats, please."
[Wed Aug 7 21:06:31 2013] : Linden: Strength: [1d20(17) + 0] = 17
[Wed Aug 7 21:06:42 2013] : Mardram: Strength: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Aug 7 21:07:09 2013] : Andrei: Strength: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Aug 7 21:07:34 2013] : DM: You load up the cats, carefully.
[Wed Aug 7 21:07:41 2013] : MaryRIP (exit): 21:07
[Wed Aug 7 21:08:25 2013] : DM: They are very heavy (approx 500 lbs or 230 kilos!)
[Wed Aug 7 21:08:54 2013] : Linden: Linden casts Bull's Strength on the horse doing the towing.
[Wed Aug 7 21:09:39 2013] : DM: The magic is enough to get the horse moving, and it's mostly downhill once you reach the lip of the hanging valley
[Wed Aug 7 21:10:18 2013] : DM: It's still slow going, and dusk comes at the foot of the hills
[Wed Aug 7 21:10:23 2013] : Mardram: Mardram also helps out the horse
[Wed Aug 7 21:10:24 2013] : Mardram: Bears Endurance: Level 2 - +4 Constitution for 7 minutes
[Wed Aug 7 21:11:15 2013] : DM: You are moving at about 2 miles an hour, so it will take another 2 hours to reach the fork
[Wed Aug 7 21:11:23 2013] : Mardram: "Do we keep going or camp overnight?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:11:57 2013] : Andrei: "Ah, we're not too badly off in the dark"
[Wed Aug 7 21:12:04 2013] : Linden: "Keep going."
[Wed Aug 7 21:12:18 2013] : Andrei: "The road's OK, and the sooner we reach tere, the better Mary will be"
[Wed Aug 7 21:12:35 2013] : DM: You keep going, reaching the fork in 2 hours
[Wed Aug 7 21:13:00 2013] : Mardram: Mardram casts 'light' as required
[Wed Aug 7 21:13:04 2013] : DM: The druid reappears as if from no-where
[Wed Aug 7 21:13:41 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Ah, how ingenious..."
[Wed Aug 7 21:13:54 2013] : Jiet Ki: "But your poor horse looks exhausted!"
[Wed Aug 7 21:13:57 2013] : Andrei: "It's close enough to dragging, but better than that."
[Wed Aug 7 21:14:14 2013] : Andrei: "My colleagues did what they could."
[Wed Aug 7 21:14:32 2013] : Mardram: "I dont blame her - those cats are heavy"
[Wed Aug 7 21:14:33 2013] : Andrei: Andrei draws a deep breath, and shivers in the darkness
[Wed Aug 7 21:14:43 2013] : Jiet Ki: He whistles and some other folk appear
[Wed Aug 7 21:15:12 2013] : Jiet Ki: They are followed by a couple of apes
[Wed Aug 7 21:15:34 2013] : Jiet Ki: They motion to the apes, who each pick up a cat
[Wed Aug 7 21:16:15 2013] : Jiet Ki: The man then transforms himself into a huge bear before your eyes
[Wed Aug 7 21:16:28 2013] : Linden: Linden unhitches the travois and leaves it behind.
[Wed Aug 7 21:16:43 2013] : Jiet Ki: A cat is slung across his back and he walks along the path
[Wed Aug 7 21:16:48 2013] : Andrei: "Bloody hell! I hope he's not going to try eating us now."
[Wed Aug 7 21:16:58 2013] : Jiet Ki: The elven ranger bids you to follow
[Wed Aug 7 21:17:02 2013] : Mardram: "I would not be happy about that"
[Wed Aug 7 21:17:27 2013] : Ranger: "Come, master Cedarleaf has prepared all"
[Wed Aug 7 21:18:09 2013] : Linden: Linden follows, leading his horse.
[Wed Aug 7 21:18:39 2013] : Andrei: Andrei follows, wary but trusting for now
[Wed Aug 7 21:18:43 2013] : Mardram: Mardram follows
[Wed Aug 7 21:18:58 2013] : Ranger: You are led into the heart of the druid grove
[Wed Aug 7 21:19:14 2013] : Ranger: In the middle is a mighty oak treee
[Wed Aug 7 21:20:25 2013] : Ranger: Under the tree, a wooden pyre has been created, with a central plinth and three other plinths surrounding it
[Wed Aug 7 21:21:42 2013] : Ranger: The bear returns to human shape
[Wed Aug 7 21:22:20 2013] : Jiet Ki: "Please, your friend's body must be placed in the centre"
[Wed Aug 7 21:22:39 2013] : Mardram: Mardram helps get Mary onto the plinth
[Wed Aug 7 21:23:09 2013] : Andrei: Andrei works as well
[Wed Aug 7 21:24:40 2013] : Jiet Ki: The three cats are laid out on the other byres
[Wed Aug 7 21:24:54 2013] : Jiet Ki: ooc byres, pyres??
[Wed Aug 7 21:25:39 2013] : Andrei: ooc pyres, I think, since they're going to be ignited
[Wed Aug 7 21:25:46 2013] : DM: An elf, clearly very old, but also not old looking appears from one of the huts
[Wed Aug 7 21:26:11 2013] : DM: He bows to you all
[Wed Aug 7 21:26:39 2013] : Cedarleaf: "Welcome to Northwood on this, a sad but momentous day"
[Wed Aug 7 21:27:12 2013] : Mardram: Mardram returns the bow
[Wed Aug 7 21:27:36 2013] : Andrei: Andrei remains silent and solemn
[Wed Aug 7 21:28:45 2013] : Cedarleaf: "It has been many years since we had the correct alignment of the stars, the seasons and a death of such natural splendour"
[Wed Aug 7 21:29:01 2013] : Cedarleaf: "The fates are with you travellers"
[Wed Aug 7 21:29:38 2013] : Mardram: "It did not seem that way earlier today"
[Wed Aug 7 21:30:24 2013] : Cedarleaf: "But one night a year does this opportunity arise, and behold a fallen ranger. Felled by creatures of immense natural power, then felled by her comrades"
[Wed Aug 7 21:30:47 2013] : Cedarleaf: "I will begin the ceremony..."
[Wed Aug 7 21:31:24 2013] : Cedarleaf: A bottle of liquid is opened and Cedarleaf takes it all down...
[Wed Aug 7 21:31:40 2013] : Cedarleaf: "You must all partake, or the spell will be broken"
[Wed Aug 7 21:31:50 2013] : Cedarleaf: "Do you all agree?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:32:04 2013] : Andrei: "We don't have much choice."
[Wed Aug 7 21:32:07 2013] : Andrei: "I agree."
[Wed Aug 7 21:32:11 2013] : Mardram: "We have come this far"
[Wed Aug 7 21:32:59 2013] : Cedarleaf: Jin agrees (quietly)
[Wed Aug 7 21:33:00 2013] : Linden: Yes"
[Wed Aug 7 21:33:13 2013] : Cedarleaf: "Then we shall begin..."
[Wed Aug 7 21:33:46 2013] : Cedarleaf: Cedarleaf begins chanting, and continues to do so for around half an hour...
[Wed Aug 7 21:34:07 2013] : Cedarleaf: Int checks
[Wed Aug 7 21:34:15 2013] : Andrei: Intelligence: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Aug 7 21:34:24 2013] : Cedarleaf: Andrei rapidly zones out
[Wed Aug 7 21:34:43 2013] : Andrei: Andrei's brain works slowly due to fatigue and stress from the day
[Wed Aug 7 21:34:46 2013] : Linden: Intelligence: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Aug 7 21:34:52 2013] : Mardram: Intelligence: [1d20(2) + 0] = 2
[Wed Aug 7 21:35:22 2013] : Cedarleaf: Linden is quite happy to observe and take it all in, but Mardram glazes over almost instantly
[Wed Aug 7 21:35:35 2013] : Cedarleaf: Perception from Linden
[Wed Aug 7 21:35:46 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc The long day is taking its toll
[Wed Aug 7 21:36:17 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Aug 7 21:36:41 2013] : Cedarleaf: Cedarleaf keeps chanting, but passes a bottle to Jiet Ki
[Wed Aug 7 21:37:06 2013] : Cedarleaf: Jiet Ki takes the bottle and has a large mouthfull before passing it on
[Wed Aug 7 21:37:23 2013] : Cedarleaf: It makes its way around to Mardram...
[Wed Aug 7 21:37:38 2013] : MaryRIP (enter): 21:37
[Wed Aug 7 21:39:04 2013] : Cedarleaf: Mardram, what do you do?
[Wed Aug 7 21:39:26 2013] : Cedarleaf: The bottle is being offered, it appears that you are expected to drink it
[Wed Aug 7 21:39:48 2013] : Mardram: Mardram takes the bottle, shrugs his shoulders and drinks
[Wed Aug 7 21:39:48 2013] : Andrei: ooc it's probably peyote
[Wed Aug 7 21:40:16 2013] : Cedarleaf: The drink has a very peculiar taste.
[Wed Aug 7 21:40:37 2013] : Mardram: Mardram passes the bottle on
[Wed Aug 7 21:40:45 2013] : Cedarleaf: Andre?
[Wed Aug 7 21:41:11 2013] : Andrei: Andrei drinks deeply, coughing a little before passing the bottle to Linden
[Wed Aug 7 21:42:12 2013] : Linden: Linden takes a mouthful
[Wed Aug 7 21:42:41 2013] : Linden: Is it magical?
[Wed Aug 7 21:42:43 2013] : Linden: Spellcraft: [1d20(20) + 15] = 35
[Wed Aug 7 21:44:33 2013] : Cedarleaf: Cedarleaf lights the pyres and the whole troop begin chanting in their own style
[Wed Aug 7 21:44:35 2013] : Linden: Liden tries to control a grimace of distaste.
[Wed Aug 7 21:44:36 2013] : Linden: Bluff: [1d20(4) + 0] = 4
[Wed Aug 7 21:44:49 2013] : Cedarleaf: You are all encouraged to join in...
[Wed Aug 7 21:45:38 2013] : Cedarleaf: In short order the pyres are ablaze and you all marvel as the flames turn psychedelic, and the tree begins to touch the corpses
[Wed Aug 7 21:45:41 2013] : Andrei: Andrei wonders what to sing, and settles for a thieves' dirge
[Wed Aug 7 21:45:46 2013] : Andrei: Perform (untrained): [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Aug 7 21:46:20 2013] : Mardram: Mardram tries to join in
[Wed Aug 7 21:46:38 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 7 21:46:45 2013] : Mardram: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Wed Aug 7 21:46:48 2013] : Cedarleaf: You are all in the grip of a strong hallucinogen, though Linden's small mouthfull and potionmaking training means he's less gripped than Mardram or Andrei
[Wed Aug 7 21:47:39 2013] : Cedarleaf: The night passes, the fires burn down and you all fall asleep around the tree, the hot coals keeping you warm
[Wed Aug 7 21:48:18 2013] : Cedarleaf: Perception
[Wed Aug 7 21:48:22 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Aug 7 21:48:46 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Aug 7 21:49:03 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(2) + 12] = 14
[Wed Aug 7 21:49:40 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc Nobody worried my body was burned to a cinder?
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:07 2013] : Andrei: ooc nope :-p
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:13 2013] : MaryRIP: Mary struggles to get up and reaches for her bow
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:18 2013] : MaryRIP: "Miaow"
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:32 2013] : MaryRIP: Mary looks at her definitely claw like hand
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:32 2013] : Linden: "It worked!"
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:44 2013] : Mardram: "What?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:50:46 2013] : Linden: "Er. Sort of. Are you ok?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:51:01 2013] : MaryRIP: "What happened here?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:51:04 2013] : Mardram: Mardram hauls himself to his feet
[Wed Aug 7 21:51:10 2013] : Mardram: "Mary!"
[Wed Aug 7 21:51:30 2013] : Andrei: "That looks... more like a cat."
[Wed Aug 7 21:51:39 2013] : Mardram: "Mary?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:52:05 2013] : MaryRIP: Mary's eyes are big and cat like, she reaches to touch her face, her ears are still pointy though
[Wed Aug 7 21:52:18 2013] : Mardram: "What on earth happened?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:52:25 2013] : Cedarleaf: Standing in the centre of the pile of charcoal is an 8 ft tall, muscular humanoid, covered in a soft beige and black striped coat
[Wed Aug 7 21:52:39 2013] : Andrei: ooc rakshasa! KILL!
[Wed Aug 7 21:52:40 2013] : MaryRIP (exit): 21:52
[Wed Aug 7 21:52:58 2013] : Andrei: "Who are you?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:53:04 2013] : MaryRIP: Mary looks at her back side
[Wed Aug 7 21:53:12 2013] : Mardram: ooc where is the 'Conjure ball of string' spell?
[Wed Aug 7 21:53:17 2013] : MaryRIP: "I have a tail! How did that happen?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:53:57 2013] : Mardram: "Well you died and the druids resurrected you using the souls of the cats that killed you, I think"
[Wed Aug 7 21:54:26 2013] : Mardram: "When they said you might be changed by it I didn't expect this"
[Wed Aug 7 21:54:35 2013] : Linden: "What strange magic. I am not familar with it."
[Wed Aug 7 21:54:49 2013] : Andrei: "Nor did I."
[Wed Aug 7 21:55:08 2013] : Mardram: "Neither am I Linden"
[Wed Aug 7 21:56:23 2013] : Andrei: "It's... well. A surprise, at the very least."
[Wed Aug 7 21:56:36 2013] : Mardram: "Perhaps we should find Master Cedarleaf"
[Wed Aug 7 21:56:39 2013] : Andrei: "You'll stand out in cities, that's for sure!"
[Wed Aug 7 21:56:39 2013] : MaryRIP: "You can say that again"
[Wed Aug 7 21:57:08 2013] : MaryRIP: "This will take some getting used to"
[Wed Aug 7 21:57:30 2013] : Mardram: "Is it permanent?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:57:37 2013] : Cedarleaf: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 7 21:57:52 2013] : Cedarleaf: ooc you could use a wish or miracle to reverse it
[Wed Aug 7 21:57:54 2013] : MaryRIP: Mary looks at her claws, flexes them, and sees she now has retractable nails
[Wed Aug 7 21:58:18 2013] : MaryRIP: ooc This is so cool!
[Wed Aug 7 21:59:11 2013] : Andrei: "But can you still hold a bow?"
[Wed Aug 7 21:59:38 2013] : Cedarleaf: ooc She's fully humanoid, but with cat characteristics
[Wed Aug 7 21:59:57 2013] : MaryRIP: "Let me try"
[Wed Aug 7 22:00:27 2013] : Cedarleaf: ooc your weapons are nearby
[Wed Aug 7 22:00:48 2013] : MaryRIP: Mary find her bow, nocks an arrow without difficulty and shoots it into a dead tree trunk
[Wed Aug 7 22:01:02 2013] : Cedarleaf: Your armour was badly damaged and was not removed
[Wed Aug 7 22:01:13 2013] : MaryRIP: "Seems to work fine"
[Wed Aug 7 22:01:28 2013] : Cedarleaf: It's nowhere to be seen
[Wed Aug 7 22:01:40 2013] : Cedarleaf: GAME END