Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 10 19:57:02 2013] : Cerndrik: GAME START
[Wed Jul 10 19:57:24 2013] : Cerndrik: Cerndrik has just called for a round of drinks after a fairly tense encounter
[Wed Jul 10 19:58:17 2013] : Cerndrik: It has been agreed that Linden can study the Makash unholy symbol in the temple of Waukeen before it is cleansed
[Wed Jul 10 19:58:30 2013] : Cerndrik: After which Andrei is free to take it back
[Wed Jul 10 19:59:17 2013] : DM: Drinks are served to all by rather a pale faced Harald Beech
[Wed Jul 10 19:59:51 2013] : DM: Drinks are served to all by rather a pale faced Jenson Pulley!
[Wed Jul 10 20:00:05 2013] : DM: ooc oops - wrong NPC
[Wed Jul 10 20:00:43 2013] : Andrei: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 10 20:00:45 2013] : DM: It will take 2 12 hour days to study the symbol
[Wed Jul 10 20:01:05 2013] : DM: The temple will not allow the study overbight
[Wed Jul 10 20:01:09 2013] : DM: overnight
[Wed Jul 10 20:01:24 2013] : Linden: Linden doesn't allow study overnight either ;)
[Wed Jul 10 20:01:35 2013] : DM: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 10 20:02:08 2013] : DM: Are you doing it now?
[Wed Jul 10 20:02:28 2013] : Linden: "It will take 2-3 days to complete the research, any objections if I begin?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:02:28 2013] : Andrei: "I'd better stay around, Linden; there's no telling what you'll do to my trophy if I don't watch."
[Wed Jul 10 20:02:54 2013] : DM: ooc David, do you have a more recent node?
[Wed Jul 10 20:03:43 2013] : Linden: ooc is it missing something in particular?
[Wed Jul 10 20:03:59 2013] : DM: ooc just not many skills in there (Arcana in particular)
[Wed Jul 10 20:05:02 2013] : Linden: ooc the new one I sent has it
[Wed Jul 10 20:05:35 2013] : DM: With Andrei watching (and anyone else who doesn't find it boring) Linden takes the opportunity to study the symbol
[Wed Jul 10 20:05:59 2013] : DM: During this downtime, any stat damage is healed
[Wed Jul 10 20:06:18 2013] : Linden: ooc my horse as weel?
[Wed Jul 10 20:06:30 2013] : DM: Linden, Knowledge arcana, and same from anyone 'aiding' the process
[Wed Jul 10 20:06:36 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Arcana: [1d20(1) + 16] = 17
[Wed Jul 10 20:06:38 2013] : DM: Yes, animals too
[Wed Jul 10 20:06:41 2013] : Mardram: ooc did my pony get roasted by the firewall
[Wed Jul 10 20:06:43 2013] : Linden: ooc :(
[Wed Jul 10 20:07:23 2013] : DM: Linden's first day is spent looking up information on the wrong aspect of Makash
[Wed Jul 10 20:07:36 2013] : Mardram: Mardram knows nothing about the subject and stays well clear
[Wed Jul 10 20:07:45 2013] : DM: He wakes on the second day determined to try harder
[Wed Jul 10 20:07:45 2013] : Andrei: Arcana: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4 Untrained
[Wed Jul 10 20:07:59 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Arcana: [1d20(14) + 16] = 30
[Wed Jul 10 20:07:59 2013] : DM: Linden, Knowledge arcana, again please
[Wed Jul 10 20:08:05 2013] : DM: And planes
[Wed Jul 10 20:08:08 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Planes: [1d20(8) + 15] = 23
[Wed Jul 10 20:11:22 2013] : DM: Roll again for the 3rd day please
[Wed Jul 10 20:12:04 2013] : Linden: (carefully, when no priests are in earshot, to Andrei) "The symbol is very interesting, it projects aspects of Makash's portfolio. Currently it's radiating evil but with some work it may be possible to switch it to something less objectionable. Defense perhaps."
[Wed Jul 10 20:12:11 2013] : Linden: "Shall I try?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:12:20 2013] : Andrei: "Please do!"
[Wed Jul 10 20:12:35 2013] : Andrei: "Not everything about death is bad."
[Wed Jul 10 20:13:02 2013] : Linden: ooc DM, what are the options?
[Wed Jul 10 20:14:08 2013] : DM: Can you come up with any rational way to do something... dispel magic can be used to temporarily negate, while you work perhaps...
[Wed Jul 10 20:14:27 2013] : Mardram: brb, cold beer required
[Wed Jul 10 20:14:30 2013] : DM: You can craft wondrous items?
[Wed Jul 10 20:14:37 2013] : Linden: ooc I meant what aspects can I switch it to?
[Wed Jul 10 20:14:51 2013] : DM: Makash (LE, death) - Domains: Death, Evil, Law, Defense
[Wed Jul 10 20:15:09 2013] : Linden: ooc I only have Craft magic arms and armour.
[Wed Jul 10 20:15:20 2013] : DM: ooc it will do for this ;-)
[Wed Jul 10 20:15:30 2013] : DM: You understand crafting items
[Wed Jul 10 20:15:36 2013] : Andrei: ooc Andrei can bluff it :)
[Wed Jul 10 20:16:32 2013] : Linden: "Andrei, defense or law? Or death I suppose is neutral ? Although that might piss of Cendrik."
[Wed Jul 10 20:16:41 2013] : DM: Your analysis shows that it's currently radiating aspects of death and evil
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:01 2013] : Andrei: "Defense would suit me better. The law... well, it's not always right, is it?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:05 2013] : DM: You think that you can change one
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:11 2013] : Mardram: ooc back
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:32 2013] : Linden: Linden works
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:34 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Arcana: [1d20(1) + 16] = 17
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:42 2013] : Linden: ooc nooooo....!!!
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:47 2013] : Andrei: "There's places with laws about when you can do your laundry, and that just seems like a bad idea. So long as I can pay someone or convince them to do my laundry for free, I don't see it matters which day of the week they do it."
[Wed Jul 10 20:17:50 2013] : Andrei: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 10 20:18:22 2013] : Linden: ooc If I haven't blown up the lab/library I will be dissapointed!
[Wed Jul 10 20:18:32 2013] : DM: Linden realises that the magic touches so much on the devine, he's going to need help from someone with a religious background
[Wed Jul 10 20:18:45 2013] : DM: ooc devine? divine
[Wed Jul 10 20:19:12 2013] : Andrei: ooc that's mardram's job!
[Wed Jul 10 20:19:41 2013] : Mardram: ooc he's in a temple surrounded by religious types!
[Wed Jul 10 20:20:40 2013] : Linden: "This is more tricky that I originally thought. I shall ask Mardram for help.
[Wed Jul 10 20:20:43 2013] : DM: should I say of a divine bent, rather than a religious background
[Wed Jul 10 20:21:19 2013] : Linden: "Mardram, can you help. There needs to a component of divine magic in the conversion process?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:21:34 2013] : DM: Knowledge religion
[Wed Jul 10 20:21:43 2013] : Mardram: "Really?, that sounds interesting"
[Wed Jul 10 20:21:46 2013] : Mardram: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Wed Jul 10 20:21:48 2013] : DM: Linden - spellcraft roll please
[Wed Jul 10 20:21:51 2013] : Linden: Spellcraft: [1d20(8) + 15] = 23
[Wed Jul 10 20:22:02 2013] : DM: And Mardram, same
[Wed Jul 10 20:22:10 2013] : Mardram: Spellcraft: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Jul 10 20:22:38 2013] : DM: And finally another religion
[Wed Jul 10 20:22:46 2013] : Mardram: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Jul 10 20:22:50 2013] : DM: Although
[Wed Jul 10 20:23:09 2013] : DM: Although Mardram is unable to help with the actual conversion...
[Wed Jul 10 20:23:45 2013] : DM: He is able to describe how the domains interconnect well enough to Linden that he completes the job late into the second day
[Wed Jul 10 20:24:20 2013] : DM: Now all you need to know is if it's evil any more
[Wed Jul 10 20:24:46 2013] : Linden: "Mardram, can you detect evil?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:25:12 2013] : Linden: "I'd like to know if this worked before trying to persuade Cendrik to not destroy the magic."
[Wed Jul 10 20:25:21 2013] : Mardram: "Alas, that is beyond me"
[Wed Jul 10 20:25:53 2013] : Mardram: ooc for some reason I didn't pick that
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:06 2013] : DM: ooc Mary can probably do it
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:11 2013] : Mary (enter): 20:26
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:16 2013] : DM: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:19 2013] : Mardram: ooc speak of the devil!
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:24 2013] : Mardram: ooc You rang?
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:33 2013] : Mary: ooc Hi there :D Sorry I'm late, I overslept :(
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:36 2013] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Mary...
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:49 2013] : DM: ooc no problem - crazy hours for you
[Wed Jul 10 20:26:59 2013] : DM: GAME PAUSE
[Wed Jul 10 20:27:08 2013] : Mardram: otepad
[Wed Jul 10 20:27:14 2013] : Mardram: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 10 20:27:15 2013] : DM: can someone catch Hannele up while I get a drink please?
[Wed Jul 10 20:27:34 2013] : Mary: Did somebody die yet? Did I miss a fight?
[Wed Jul 10 20:28:03 2013] : Linden: Linden studied the amulet and then tried to convert it from projecting evil to projecting defense.
[Wed Jul 10 20:28:24 2013] : Linden: Andrei's Makash amulet that is.
[Wed Jul 10 20:29:24 2013] : Mary: Of course that amulet :)
[Wed Jul 10 20:29:49 2013] : Mary: That's what it does? Project evil? Funky! :)
[Wed Jul 10 20:30:03 2013] : Andrei: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 10 20:30:16 2013] : Andrei: Alternative spelling.
[Wed Jul 10 20:30:21 2013] : Andrei: Project: Evl.
[Wed Jul 10 20:30:25 2013] : Andrei: *Evil
[Wed Jul 10 20:30:33 2013] : DM: GAME RESUME
[Wed Jul 10 20:30:40 2013] : DM: ooc can Mary detect evil?
[Wed Jul 10 20:31:02 2013] : Mary: ooc Nope
[Wed Jul 10 20:31:09 2013] : Mardram: ooc noooop
[Wed Jul 10 20:31:55 2013] : Linden: Linden hands the amulet back to Andrei. "Here, I think it worked but you may need to persuade Cendrik that it's safe now or he may try to destroy the magic still."
[Wed Jul 10 20:32:44 2013] : Andrei: "We'd better do what we can. I'll talk nicely to him."
[Wed Jul 10 20:32:54 2013] : DM: Cerndrik can be found in his quarters, the hour being quite late
[Wed Jul 10 20:35:06 2013] : Andrei: "We'd better be tactful about this."
[Wed Jul 10 20:35:16 2013] : Andrei: Andrei knocks on the door, quietly
[Wed Jul 10 20:35:26 2013] : DM: All going?
[Wed Jul 10 20:35:42 2013] : Linden: ooc I am
[Wed Jul 10 20:35:54 2013] : Mary: ooc As am I
[Wed Jul 10 20:36:11 2013] : DM: OK, you exit the temple and approach the priests' quarters.
[Wed Jul 10 20:36:25 2013] : DM: An acolyte answers to Andrei's knock
[Wed Jul 10 20:36:37 2013] : Mardram: Mardram accompanies the party
[Wed Jul 10 20:36:38 2013] : Acolyte: "Yes?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:37:19 2013] : Andrei: "Is Cerndrik available, please? We have a request for him."
[Wed Jul 10 20:37:24 2013] : Andrei: "And a promise to fulfil."
[Wed Jul 10 20:37:45 2013] : Acolyte: "Cerndrik is taking his evening meal and should not be disturbed"
[Wed Jul 10 20:38:21 2013] : Linden: "This can wait until tomorrow?" (to Andrei)
[Wed Jul 10 20:38:22 2013] : Andrei: "Do you know when he will be available for conversation?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:38:37 2013] : Andrei: "Linden, of course it can - but I think we should at least ask."
[Wed Jul 10 20:38:48 2013] : Mardram: "Make an appointment"
[Wed Jul 10 20:39:38 2013] : Acolyte: "Well, you are not locals, so he is not normally available outside temple hours"
[Wed Jul 10 20:40:18 2013] : Acolyte: He eyes you suspiciously
[Wed Jul 10 20:40:24 2013] : Acolyte: Sense motive?
[Wed Jul 10 20:40:40 2013] : Andrei: "We shall speak to him tomorrow, then, unless he seeks us out."
[Wed Jul 10 20:40:47 2013] : Andrei: Sense Motive: [1d20(9) + 12] = 21
[Wed Jul 10 20:40:50 2013] : Mary: Sense Motive: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Jul 10 20:42:14 2013] : Andrei: "We would, of course, prefer to resolve his troubles sooner than later."
[Wed Jul 10 20:42:17 2013] : Andrei: Diplomacy: [1d20(5) + 19] = 24
[Wed Jul 10 20:43:07 2013] : Acolyte: He seems to look at Andrei with less suspicion
[Wed Jul 10 20:43:52 2013] : Acolyte: "I suppose if the message is brief, and is important"
[Wed Jul 10 20:44:14 2013] : Acolyte: "It may be possible to interrupt his eminence"
[Wed Jul 10 20:44:32 2013] : Andrei: "It is - just the news that my colleague Linden may have cleansed that which needed cleansing."
[Wed Jul 10 20:44:52 2013] : Acolyte: He disappears, leaving you on the doorstep
[Wed Jul 10 20:45:24 2013] : Acolyte: The door is not closed... what are you doing?
[Wed Jul 10 20:45:36 2013] : Linden: Waiting
[Wed Jul 10 20:45:47 2013] : Mardram: Mardram waits patiently
[Wed Jul 10 20:45:55 2013] : Mary: Waiting and peering in
[Wed Jul 10 20:46:15 2013] : Acolyte: After a minute or so, he returns...
[Wed Jul 10 20:46:56 2013] : Acolyte: He's followed by the burly paladin, wearing a light mail coat
[Wed Jul 10 20:47:17 2013] : Andrei: "Ah. You're not going to grab me again, are you?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:47:31 2013] : Gresham: The paladin peers at you in concentration...
[Wed Jul 10 20:47:36 2013] : Mardram: "Aha, perhaps our big friend can help us"
[Wed Jul 10 20:47:43 2013] : Gresham: "His eminence will see you now"
[Wed Jul 10 20:48:11 2013] : Gresham: Gresham dismisses the acolyte and leads you into the central hall of the lodgings
[Wed Jul 10 20:48:39 2013] : Gresham: Seated at a simple table is Cerndrik and a few other priests.
[Wed Jul 10 20:48:57 2013] : Gresham: They are being waited on by brothers in light brown robes
[Wed Jul 10 20:49:14 2013] : Gresham: Gresham walks over to Cerndrik and whispers to him
[Wed Jul 10 20:49:27 2013] : Andrei: "Um... good evening, all!"
[Wed Jul 10 20:49:35 2013] : Gresham: Cerndrik stands, moves closer, then greets you
[Wed Jul 10 20:49:53 2013] : Cerndrik: "Good evening to all of you"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:01 2013] : Mary: "And to you"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:06 2013] : Mardram: "Good evening, sorry to interrupt your meal"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:18 2013] : Cerndrik: "I hope you don't mind... but if I may again cast a spell..."
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:31 2013] : Mary: Mary tries to look as unthreatening as she can
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:32 2013] : Linden: "ok"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:35 2013] : Linden: Spellcraft: [1d20(14) + 15] = 29
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:40 2013] : Andrei: "It won't set me on fire, will it?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:43 2013] : Cerndrik: "It's not that I disbelieve Gresham, but it is my responsibility to check"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:55 2013] : Cerndrik: He casts detect evil again
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:56 2013] : Mary: "Of course"
[Wed Jul 10 20:50:58 2013] : Mary: Spellcraft: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Jul 10 20:51:13 2013] : Cerndrik: "Intriguing..."
[Wed Jul 10 20:51:28 2013] : Cerndrik: "May I take it please?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:52:04 2013] : ** Andrei found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Jul 10 20:52:08 2013] : Andrei: "Here."
[Wed Jul 10 20:52:13 2013] : Cerndrik: He takes the symbol when it's offered, examines it thoroughly and then hands it to Gresham
[Wed Jul 10 20:52:30 2013] : Cerndrik: "Gresham? Is it the same?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:52:59 2013] : Cerndrik: Gresham has a good look, then hands it back to Andrei with a nod
[Wed Jul 10 20:53:31 2013] : Mardram: "What do you think?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:53:35 2013] : Cerndrik: "Well, I am intrigued... It's still an ugly symbol of Makash, but all the evil aura is gone"
[Wed Jul 10 20:54:17 2013] : Cerndrik: "How was this achieved?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:54:26 2013] : Andrei: "You have Linden to thank for that."
[Wed Jul 10 20:54:45 2013] : Cerndrik: "And that would be..."
[Wed Jul 10 20:54:48 2013] : Cerndrik: "You?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:54:54 2013] : Cerndrik: He points at Mardram
[Wed Jul 10 20:55:21 2013] : Mardram: "No, although I did lend a hand"
[Wed Jul 10 20:55:22 2013] : Cerndrik: "Only joking"
[Wed Jul 10 20:55:24 2013] : Linden: "The amulet channelled the evil aspect of Makesh, I converted it to channel the aspect of defense. A neutral and beneficial magical effect."
[Wed Jul 10 20:55:36 2013] : Cerndrik: "I have of course observed Linden in the temple"
[Wed Jul 10 20:56:32 2013] : Cerndrik: "And yet your are a preactitioner of the arcane? Very interesting, and very well accomplished"
[Wed Jul 10 20:57:19 2013] : Cerndrik: "Well, if Gresham is happy to hand it back, then I can certainly not complain"
[Wed Jul 10 20:57:20 2013] : Linden: "Thank you, I have had experience in magical items in my previous profession."
[Wed Jul 10 20:57:52 2013] : Cerndrik: "In matters of good and evil, his experience far outstrips mine"
[Wed Jul 10 20:58:28 2013] : Cerndrik: "Yes Linden... We could have done with your assistance a couple of years ago"
[Wed Jul 10 20:58:42 2013] : Linden: "What happened then?"
[Wed Jul 10 20:58:51 2013] : Cerndrik: "Artefacts galore popping up, good, evil all sorts"
[Wed Jul 10 20:59:05 2013] : Cerndrik: "But it all worked out in the end"
[Wed Jul 10 20:59:35 2013] : Linden: "No reports of anything similar now? We are at a bit of loose end."
[Wed Jul 10 20:59:49 2013] : Cerndrik: "Perhaps tomorrow"
[Wed Jul 10 20:59:58 2013] : Cerndrik: "My food is getting cold"
[Wed Jul 10 21:00:13 2013] : Mardram: "Ah, yes sory about that."
[Wed Jul 10 21:00:23 2013] : Linden: "Ok,"
[Wed Jul 10 21:00:36 2013] : Mardram: "Its likely time we ate something ourselves"
[Wed Jul 10 21:00:50 2013] : Cerndrik: Linden bows gracefully to you all, then returns to the table
[Wed Jul 10 21:01:02 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc Cerndrik!
[Wed Jul 10 21:01:19 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc naming a PC this time!
[Wed Jul 10 21:01:32 2013] : Cerndrik: Gresham sees you out
[Wed Jul 10 21:01:33 2013] : Andrei: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 10 21:01:43 2013] : Andrei: "Well, that looks like you did me a big favour, chaps."
[Wed Jul 10 21:02:10 2013] : Mardram: "Great work, Linden"
[Wed Jul 10 21:02:23 2013] : Mary: "You still have your trophy"
[Wed Jul 10 21:02:30 2013] : Mary: "Yes, good work, Linden"
[Wed Jul 10 21:02:55 2013] : Andrei: "Not only a trophy now, Mary."
[Wed Jul 10 21:03:09 2013] : Cerndrik: 800 xp for the symbol and encounter with the acolyte
[Wed Jul 10 21:03:17 2013] : Linden: "No problem, Andrei. In truth I do not like the attitude of Cerndrik and Grisham and their ilk. Any magic artifact took effort and skill to produce and to destroy it is,... ug."
[Wed Jul 10 21:03:26 2013] : Mardram: "So, what does it actually do now?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:04:25 2013] : Andrei: "I think... it protects me. Somehow."
[Wed Jul 10 21:05:26 2013] : Linden: "A small bonus to defense." (+1? +2? deflection bonus to AC)
[Wed Jul 10 21:05:42 2013] : Andrei: ooc +1
[Wed Jul 10 21:06:16 2013] : Mary: "Very useful, that"
[Wed Jul 10 21:07:11 2013] : Linden: "If we find further material or information it may be possible to further enhance its abilities."
[Wed Jul 10 21:07:41 2013] : Andrei: "Then clearly we should research the cult of Makash, and prevent what evil they may be perpetrating."
[Wed Jul 10 21:08:30 2013] : Mardram: "This cult does seem to have a foothold in the region"
[Wed Jul 10 21:09:17 2013] : Linden: (quietly to Andrei) "Just be aware that it is also carrying the aspect of death and I'm not sure what that affect that has. Be aware of any strange thoughts or other effects it may have."
[Wed Jul 10 21:09:38 2013] : Linden: "I imagine Cerndrik may know some more about this."
[Wed Jul 10 21:10:29 2013] : Andrei: (to Linden) "Then I shall pay attention."
[Wed Jul 10 21:12:10 2013] : Cerndrik: It's late evening, and it's been an exhausting day of work for Linden
[Wed Jul 10 21:12:31 2013] : Mary: "Time for dinner?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:13:06 2013] : Mardram: "good idea"
[Wed Jul 10 21:14:36 2013] : Linden: ooc FFWD past dinner and on to tomorrow?
[Wed Jul 10 21:14:46 2013] : Cerndrik: Sure
[Wed Jul 10 21:15:04 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc FYI Belias gave you some plot hooks
[Wed Jul 10 21:17:46 2013] : Cerndrik: It's morning
[Wed Jul 10 21:18:25 2013] : Cerndrik: You were going to discuss the children, and perhaps some other rumours
[Wed Jul 10 21:18:35 2013] : Linden: Yes
[Wed Jul 10 21:18:58 2013] : Mardram: ooc did we ever get to discussing the kids with Cerndrik?
[Wed Jul 10 21:19:59 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc Mardram - no
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:33 2013] : Mardram: Mardram mets the others for breakfast
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:37 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(19) + 23] = 42
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:41 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(9) + 23] = 32
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:41 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(17) + 23] = 40
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:42 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(13) + 23] = 36
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:46 2013] : Mary: ooc The business with the amulet got in the way
[Wed Jul 10 21:20:48 2013] : Andrei: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 10 21:21:09 2013] : Mary: ooc Only +23? ;)
[Wed Jul 10 21:22:49 2013] : Mary: "So what do we do about the children? Are we taking them with us, to find their mother?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:23:34 2013] : Mardram: "Initially I was against handing them over, but having spoken to Cerndrik I beleive they would be safe in his care"
[Wed Jul 10 21:24:34 2013] : Andrei: "He seems like a good man, unlike that grab-happy paladin of his."
[Wed Jul 10 21:24:58 2013] : Mary: "I'd prefer to take the ourselves, personally, I've grown to like them"
[Wed Jul 10 21:25:15 2013] : Mary: ooc them, not the
[Wed Jul 10 21:25:24 2013] : Mardram: "Given the circumstances I can forgive Greshams actions"
[Wed Jul 10 21:26:09 2013] : Cerndrik: While you're sitting eating breakfast, a red-faced villager approaches
[Wed Jul 10 21:26:20 2013] : DM: "Umm"
[Wed Jul 10 21:26:39 2013] : villager: "Are you the folks that fix magic stuff?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:26:51 2013] : villager: He looks round and fixes on Linden
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:01 2013] : Linden: "What's the problem?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:02 2013] : villager: "I have this here broken gem"
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:03 2013] : Andrei: ooc David, do you have the logs from June 19?
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:05 2013] : Mary: "You have something that needs fixing?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:11 2013] : Mardram: "You seem to have gained a reputation"
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:27 2013] : Linden: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 10 21:27:29 2013] : villager: "My grandma always said it was magical, but it got cracked"
[Wed Jul 10 21:28:05 2013] : Linden: "I can give it a look but repair may involve a significant fee."
[Wed Jul 10 21:28:29 2013] : villager: He puts down what Linden can see clearly is an ioun stone, cracked and quite non-magical looking
[Wed Jul 10 21:28:39 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Arcana: [1d20(18) + 16] = 34
[Wed Jul 10 21:28:41 2013] : villager: "A, a fee?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:29:02 2013] : Mary: "It can get very expensive"
[Wed Jul 10 21:29:13 2013] : Andrei: "But isn't it an interesting challenge?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:29:38 2013] : Linden: "Interesting challenges do not put bread on the table."
[Wed Jul 10 21:29:51 2013] : Andrei: "I'll buy you dinner."
[Wed Jul 10 21:29:57 2013] : Linden: Linden inspects the ioun stone.
[Wed Jul 10 21:30:10 2013] : villager: It's dull and grey
[Wed Jul 10 21:30:29 2013] : villager: With some work you may be able to discover what colour it used to be
[Wed Jul 10 21:31:09 2013] : Linden: Is there anything to suggest it might be interesting or unusual?
[Wed Jul 10 21:31:40 2013] : Linden: "Is there any history behind this stone?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:31:43 2013] : villager: Having seen it done, you set it in orbit
[Wed Jul 10 21:32:12 2013] : villager: It spins as any ioun stone, but seems non-magical in other respects
[Wed Jul 10 21:32:45 2013] : villager: Dull grey ioun stone
[Wed Jul 10 21:32:53 2013] : villager: "Umm, not sure sir"
[Wed Jul 10 21:33:18 2013] : villager: "Grandma said it did magic... Here, how did you get it to float?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:34:18 2013] : Linden: Linden demonstrates how.
[Wed Jul 10 21:34:40 2013] : villager: "And you can fix it?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:34:51 2013] : villager: "But then you mentioned money..."
[Wed Jul 10 21:35:01 2013] : Linden: "What ever the original magic was within the stone has burned out it would cost thousands of gold coins to re-imbue it with magic."
[Wed Jul 10 21:35:02 2013] : villager: "No-one mentioned it'd cost me"
[Wed Jul 10 21:35:37 2013] : Andrei: "People never do mention that, do they?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:35:41 2013] : Linden: "I suggest you keep it as is and use it as a curious hat stand."
[Wed Jul 10 21:35:57 2013] : Mary: "It's too broken anyway. It'll cost more to repair than to buy new, if I understand Linden correctly"
[Wed Jul 10 21:36:18 2013] : Mardram: "A hat stand? I like that"
[Wed Jul 10 21:36:25 2013] : villager: He looks at you a bit miffed
[Wed Jul 10 21:36:54 2013] : villager: "There's no proper heroes can help out a poor villager no more"
[Wed Jul 10 21:37:00 2013] : Mary: ooc A floating, circulating hat stand
[Wed Jul 10 21:37:06 2013] : villager: He takes the stone and wanders off in a huff
[Wed Jul 10 21:37:13 2013] : Andrei: "Come on, Linden - isn't it worth the challenge?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:38:18 2013] : Linden: "In truth, wonderous artifacts are not my speciality. I nearly ruined your amulet with my lack of expertise."
[Wed Jul 10 21:38:35 2013] : Linden: "Weapons and armour on the otherhand.... I'm good with those."
[Wed Jul 10 21:38:35 2013] : Andrei: "Hmm. That's a good point. We'd better make sure people know."
[Wed Jul 10 21:39:00 2013] : Mary: "So how did you manage to impress Cerndrik then, if you're so bad at it?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:39:46 2013] : Mardram: "Luck>"
[Wed Jul 10 21:39:49 2013] : Mardram: "Luck?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:40:01 2013] : Linden: "Mardram's help mostly."
[Wed Jul 10 21:40:34 2013] : Mardram: "I just advised. The whole idea was yours"
[Wed Jul 10 21:40:39 2013] : Mary: "Surely expertise, intelligence, some luck, and help. But I still think you're a bit too modest"
[Wed Jul 10 21:41:03 2013] : Andrei: "And it's a useful reputation to have."
[Wed Jul 10 21:41:50 2013] : Mary: "So you're good with weapons"
[Wed Jul 10 21:42:01 2013] : Mary: Mary strokes her bow
[Wed Jul 10 21:42:14 2013] : Linden: "For some perhaps but I would prefer not to become well known publically. There are people I would rather didn't find me."
[Wed Jul 10 21:42:28 2013] : Andrei: "Ooooh, a tortured past!"
[Wed Jul 10 21:42:46 2013] : Mardram: Madram chuckles
[Wed Jul 10 21:42:57 2013] : Linden: "A story for another time perhaps. We should go and find Cerndrik."
[Wed Jul 10 21:44:08 2013] : Andrei: "Any idea where he is?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:44:34 2013] : Linden: "Try the temple?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:44:54 2013] : Andrei: "Usually."
[Wed Jul 10 21:44:59 2013] : Mardram: "makes sense"
[Wed Jul 10 21:45:17 2013] : villager: You enter the temple, and find Cerndrik performing the morning rituals to Waukeen
[Wed Jul 10 21:45:41 2013] : villager: There's a small congregation of merchants and farmers
[Wed Jul 10 21:46:11 2013] : DM: It's possible to take a seat in the temple and wait
[Wed Jul 10 21:46:26 2013] : Linden: Linden takes a seat at the back.
[Wed Jul 10 21:46:44 2013] : Mardram: Mardram does likewise
[Wed Jul 10 21:47:04 2013] : Mary: Mary sits down and observes the service
[Wed Jul 10 21:47:20 2013] : DM: Within 5 minutes the service is concluded - merchants and farmers not being especially pious, and also very busy, the service is never more than 15 minutes in the morning
[Wed Jul 10 21:47:57 2013] : Linden: ooc Preaching the Agile way?
[Wed Jul 10 21:47:59 2013] : DM: The morning worshippers file out
[Wed Jul 10 21:48:37 2013] : DM: ooc LOL, yes they each described what they did yesterday, what they plan to do today and what is blocking them ;-)
[Wed Jul 10 21:48:47 2013] : DM: Perception checks
[Wed Jul 10 21:48:52 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(2) + 12] = 14
[Wed Jul 10 21:48:54 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Jul 10 21:49:13 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Jul 10 21:51:39 2013] : DM: Once the congregation have filed out, Cerndrik approaches, as ever flanked by Gresham
[Wed Jul 10 21:51:47 2013] : Mardram: Madram has a slightly puzzled look about him
[Wed Jul 10 21:52:22 2013] : Cerndrik: "Greetings, I trust you slept well?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:52:38 2013] : Mardram: "I certainly did"
[Wed Jul 10 21:53:16 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(7) + 23] = 30
[Wed Jul 10 21:53:37 2013] : Andrei: ooc I keep having my selector on bluff :-/
[Wed Jul 10 21:54:07 2013] : Mardram: Madram subtly tries to have a good look at Gresham
[Wed Jul 10 21:54:07 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc I do that too often!
[Wed Jul 10 21:54:42 2013] : Cerndrik: "What can I do for you?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:54:57 2013] : Cerndrik: "You wished to discuss the children yes?"
[Wed Jul 10 21:55:42 2013] : Andrei: "We were hoping..."
[Wed Jul 10 21:55:50 2013] : Andrei: "Well, Mary will express this better than me."
[Wed Jul 10 21:57:32 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc not sure Hannele is about ATM
[Wed Jul 10 21:57:43 2013] : Mary: "We've grown attached to them, we care for them, and I for one would like to see this hrough. I'd like useful to take them to their mother ourselves."
[Wed Jul 10 21:58:01 2013] : Cerndrik: "I see..."
[Wed Jul 10 21:58:11 2013] : Cerndrik: "Well, they certainly trust you"
[Wed Jul 10 21:58:12 2013] : Mary: ooc Useful? "for us", was what I meant to type
[Wed Jul 10 21:58:32 2013] : Mary: ooc Sorry about the delay: baby business
[Wed Jul 10 21:58:38 2013] : Cerndrik: "My concern is that trouble seems to follow adventurers"
[Wed Jul 10 21:58:59 2013] : Linden: "A fair point."
[Wed Jul 10 21:59:01 2013] : Mary: "They were in trouble until we helped them"
[Wed Jul 10 21:59:05 2013] : Mardram: "True"
[Wed Jul 10 21:59:07 2013] : Cerndrik: "It's not that I don't trust you, but I've known more than my share of adventurers"
[Wed Jul 10 21:59:37 2013] : Mary: "Do you have any specific concerns?"
[Wed Jul 10 22:00:24 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc can't remember how much of your plight you explained to him...? The tomb certainly, but the druid/ranger attack?
[Wed Jul 10 22:01:23 2013] : Andrei: ooc I think we just told them about the tomb
[Wed Jul 10 22:01:38 2013] : Cerndrik: "While it's certainly not uncommon for folk in the wilds to be attacked..."
[Wed Jul 10 22:02:06 2013] : Cerndrik: "Adventurers, as you most surely are, seem to draw monsters and other ills to them"
[Wed Jul 10 22:02:28 2013] : Cerndrik: "Will of the gods perhaps, but I've seen it enough to believe it with all my heart"
[Wed Jul 10 22:02:55 2013] : Cerndrik: "If you truly wish to take the children, then I will allow it"
[Wed Jul 10 22:03:33 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc I'm happy either way BTW
[Wed Jul 10 22:03:34 2013] : Mardram: "I think we all want what is best for them"
[Wed Jul 10 22:03:47 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 10 22:04:31 2013] : Linden: "I may be safer for the children to be under Cerndrik's care and more useful for us to continue the investigations on the Makash cult."
[Wed Jul 10 22:05:24 2013] : Cerndrik: ooc back
[Wed Jul 10 22:05:41 2013] : Mardram: "I feel I must agree with Linden. Whilst we did rescue the children from harm, our recent travels have not exactly been safe"
[Wed Jul 10 22:07:48 2013] : Andrei: "Probably a good argument, Mardram."
[Wed Jul 10 22:08:16 2013] : Mary: "Hmm"
[Wed Jul 10 22:08:37 2013] : Mardram: "While I would like to see the children reunited with their mother, what matters is whats best for them, not what we want"
[Wed Jul 10 22:09:22 2013] : Mary: "Perhaps you're right. Just promise me we'll visit them at their mother's, on our first opportunity"
[Wed Jul 10 22:09:30 2013] : Mardram: "Ok"
[Wed Jul 10 22:10:01 2013] : Cerndrik: "That sounds perfectly reasonable"
[Wed Jul 10 22:10:28 2013] : Cerndrik: "I will send with them a note describing how you helped them"
[Wed Jul 10 22:10:57 2013] : Cerndrik: "I suppose a description is not really necessary as the children will recognise you"
[Wed Jul 10 22:11:15 2013] : Cerndrik: "I will note that"
[Wed Jul 10 22:12:02 2013] : Mardram: "Thank you Cerndrik"
[Wed Jul 10 22:13:11 2013] : Mardram: "Gresham, could I have a word in private?"
[Wed Jul 10 22:13:30 2013] : Cerndrik: Gresham nods and stands aside with Mardram
[Wed Jul 10 22:13:50 2013] : Gresham: "Can I help you?"
[Wed Jul 10 22:14:23 2013] : Mardram: "Well, I couldn't help but notice something during the service"
[Wed Jul 10 22:14:38 2013] : Gresham: Perception checks if others are trying to catch the conversation
[Wed Jul 10 22:14:59 2013] : Linden: Not trying to listen in.
[Wed Jul 10 22:14:59 2013] : Gresham: And bluff if you're not looking like you're listening
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:10 2013] : Gresham: "Go on"
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:16 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(5) + 23] = 28
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:17 2013] : Mardram: "I dont know if you were aware of it, but several of the congregation seemed to find something... amusing"
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:17 2013] : Mary: Perception: [1d20(11) + 10] = 21 (25 Undead, 23 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:19 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:29 2013] : Mardram: "Something about... you"
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:31 2013] : Mardram: Diplomacy: [1d20(8) + 8] = 16
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:46 2013] : Mary: Bluff: [1d20(12) + 0] = 12 (16 Undead, 14 Animals)
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:50 2013] : Mary: Bluff: [1d20(7) + 0] = 7 (11 Undead, 9 Animals)
[Wed Jul 10 22:15:58 2013] : Mardram: "Forgive me if I am intruding"
[Wed Jul 10 22:16:45 2013] : Gresham: "Hmml there's definitely something strange"
[Wed Jul 10 22:16:54 2013] : Gresham: "I have noticed this last night"
[Wed Jul 10 22:17:30 2013] : Gresham: "I'm not one for humour, so it is somewhat distressing"
[Wed Jul 10 22:17:35 2013] : Gresham: [1d20(20)] = 20
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:07 2013] : Gresham: Gresham bridles, staring at Mary
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:14 2013] : Mardram: "I understand - few like to be laughed at"
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:28 2013] : Gresham: "So, you come to me to discuss, so your friends can laugh too?"
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:39 2013] : Mardram: "No no, ignore them"
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:55 2013] : Mardram: "I was merely trying to help"
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:55 2013] : Mary: Mary smiles at Gresham and then turns her face to her other friends
[Wed Jul 10 22:18:55 2013] : Gresham: "I suggest that you leave. I do not know the cause, so you cannot join the joke"
[Wed Jul 10 22:19:54 2013] : Mardram: ""Perhaps we can find the cause and remove it. I only wished to help""
[Wed Jul 10 22:19:57 2013] : Mardram: Diplomacy: [1d20(17) + 8] = 25
[Wed Jul 10 22:20:45 2013] : Gresham: ooc nice roll, but you only get one shot and although it didn't make things worse it didn't improve his attitude
[Wed Jul 10 22:21:27 2013] : Mardram: "I am sorry Gresham. I wish you well"
[Wed Jul 10 22:21:39 2013] : Gresham: He glares icily at Mary again, then turns his stare on you
[Wed Jul 10 22:21:42 2013] : Mardram: Madram turns and walks away, glaring at Mary"
[Wed Jul 10 22:21:46 2013] : Gresham: He turns and leaves
[Wed Jul 10 22:22:13 2013] : Andrei: "Mary, you might want to stick to sneaking up on forest creatures. Not grumpy paladins."
[Wed Jul 10 22:22:16 2013] : Mary: Mary wasn't even looking at Greshand anymore, so didn't see this
[Wed Jul 10 22:22:32 2013] : Mary: ooc Gresham, darned FFS
[Wed Jul 10 22:22:46 2013] : Mary: "I wasn't sneaking"
[Wed Jul 10 22:22:47 2013] : Mardram: ooc I get the feeling that a glare from gresham would be felt on the back of anyones head
[Wed Jul 10 22:23:03 2013] : Mary: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 10 22:23:23 2013] : Gresham: GAME END