Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed May 29 19:35:48 2013] : DM: GAME START
[Wed May 29 19:36:19 2013] : DM: Linden is studying the book
[Wed May 29 19:36:29 2013] : DM: Linguistics check
[Wed May 29 19:36:56 2013] : Mardram: "First things first. I should've done this a while back, but its been a hectic day or so"
[Wed May 29 19:37:06 2013] : Mary: ooc It's so cold in the room, my hands are stiff. Luckily Brian is lighting the log burner
[Wed May 29 19:37:29 2013] : Linden: Linguistics: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22
[Wed May 29 19:37:34 2013] : Mardram: Mardram spends a few minutes setting up a Life Link to each member of the party
[Wed May 29 19:38:31 2013] : DM: Linden struggles with the writing, but having sat down and taken a long time with his ancient text crib sheet, he comes up with some translations
[Wed May 29 19:39:29 2013] : DM: Mostly the notes don't make much sense, and seem to relate to the day-to-day activities of a temple to Makash, and how the priest managed to find and reopen this temple.
[Wed May 29 19:39:43 2013] : DM: There are however a couple of entries that stand out.
[Wed May 29 19:39:53 2013] : DM: There is mention of the temple of Talos in Nestris and some outbreak of forsaken from another plane 2 years ago that brought many souls into the realm of Makash
[Wed May 29 19:40:05 2013] : DM: There is talk of a follower of Makash called Barduk and his proteges (not named), and how they might infiltrate somewhere, but the details are not given.
[Wed May 29 19:40:17 2013] : DM: There are entries relating to an aggressive expansion of evangelism into the Dorduk region and seeding of the population with normalising worshippers of Makash to try to show that Makash is just the god of your next door neighbour, and not to be feared.
[Wed May 29 19:40:50 2013] : DM: Nothing else seems to be of any interest
[Wed May 29 19:41:20 2013] : Linden: ooc do I know what is meant by "forsaken?"
[Wed May 29 19:41:30 2013] : DM: planes check
[Wed May 29 19:42:32 2013] : DM: knowledge planes check
[Wed May 29 19:42:41 2013] : Mardram: Knowledge Planes: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed May 29 19:42:50 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Planes: [1d20(2) + 15] = 17
[Wed May 29 19:43:22 2013] : DM: You are both aware that they are outsiders, and that they come in various types, but not much beyond that
[Wed May 29 19:44:16 2013] : DM: They are evil, and like to wreak havok with incursions onto the prime plane
[Wed May 29 19:45:00 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(11) + 2] = 13
[Wed May 29 19:45:12 2013] : Mardram: "This sounds ominous"
[Wed May 29 19:45:43 2013] : Linden: "Not much concrete information though"
[Wed May 29 19:45:51 2013] : Linden: ooc what happen to Sylvie and her brother?
[Wed May 29 19:45:58 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge Local: [1d20(13) + 12] = 25
[Wed May 29 19:45:58 2013] : Mardram: ooc in one of the tents
[Wed May 29 19:46:03 2013] : Mary: ooc We ate them?
[Wed May 29 19:46:06 2013] : Andrei: ooc they're still here
[Wed May 29 19:46:07 2013] : Mardram: ooc lol
[Wed May 29 19:46:11 2013] : DM: Still with you, tucked up nice and warm
[Wed May 29 19:47:19 2013] : Mardram: "We should get moving."
[Wed May 29 19:47:39 2013] : DM: Andrei heard rumours of troubles in his native Dorduk while he was travelling. The discussions mentioned creatures not of this world, including an attack on Barcanton with a bizarre pack of creatures that got stronger as their pack mates were killed off.
[Wed May 29 19:48:04 2013] : DM: The attack was foiled by som local heroes
[Wed May 29 19:48:12 2013] : Andrei: "There's something... I've heard stories that when you kill one, the others get stronger from its death."
[Wed May 29 19:48:24 2013] : Andrei: "That is, if these are the same things, and the timing's right."
[Wed May 29 19:48:27 2013] : Mardram: "I'm not sure I like the sound of that"
[Wed May 29 19:48:48 2013] : Mary: "Worth investigating"
[Wed May 29 19:48:55 2013] : DM: GAME FFWD
[Wed May 29 19:48:55 2013] : Andrei: "I think isolating them might be the way to deal with them."
[Wed May 29 19:49:17 2013] : DM: OK, so having spent the night you've made it back to the road
[Wed May 29 19:49:38 2013] : DM: The party headed East...
[Wed May 29 19:49:39 2013] : Linden: "But first we must find somewhere safe for Sylvie and her brother. Something of particular concern because of her sorcerous abilities."
[Wed May 29 19:50:23 2013] : Mardram: "I wonder if her brother will have similar abilities when he gets older"
[Wed May 29 19:50:47 2013] : Mardram: "We had thought of taking them to the temple in Barcanton"
[Wed May 29 19:51:07 2013] : Mardram: "Hopefully someone there wil be able to take care of them, or know of someone"
[Wed May 29 19:51:08 2013] : Mary: "Surely any orphanage will do"
[Wed May 29 19:51:56 2013] : Andrei: "Can we just abandon the child?"
[Wed May 29 19:52:01 2013] : DM: You're all aware that there are frequent visits by priests from Dorduk to the villages and towns in the area
[Wed May 29 19:52:10 2013] : Mardram: "I dont think any orphanage will be able to truely help Sylvie"
[Wed May 29 19:52:30 2013] : DM: They would normally handle returning children to their family
[Wed May 29 19:52:41 2013] : Mardram: "She will need training to control her magic or it could be dangerous to her and others"
[Wed May 29 19:52:52 2013] : Linden: "Perhaps the unversity in Dorduk might have some advise?"
[Wed May 29 19:52:54 2013] : Mary: "Perhaps you're right. Do you know any sorcerers who want to take care of a pair of orphans?"
[Wed May 29 19:53:17 2013] : DM: Sylvie has told you that her Mother is in Dorduk
[Wed May 29 19:53:34 2013] : Andrei: "We can take the children to Dorduk, surely."
[Wed May 29 19:54:03 2013] : DM: ooc I'm happy for you to go where you will
[Wed May 29 19:54:13 2013] : DM: (on this map!)
[Wed May 29 19:54:18 2013] : Mardram: ooc lol
[Wed May 29 19:54:29 2013] : Mardram: ooc no random teleporting then?
[Wed May 29 19:54:33 2013] : Mary: ooc LOL
[Wed May 29 19:54:48 2013] : Mary: "Sure, why not"
[Wed May 29 19:54:50 2013] : Andrei: Andrei leans over to whisper to Mardram "Could it be that the children are part of this infiltration? Disguised?"
[Wed May 29 19:55:04 2013] : Linden: "Hang on, isn't Sylvie's mother in Dorduk? We should go there."
[Wed May 29 19:55:17 2013] : ** Mary found the F2 macro key **
[Wed May 29 19:55:31 2013] : Mardram: Mardram gives Andrei an incredulous look
[Wed May 29 19:55:51 2013] : DM: As you travel Eastward, the day moves on to mid-morning
[Wed May 29 19:55:53 2013] : DM: Ahead on the road you can see that the road ascends to cross a range of hills that run North-South, it's a southward spur of the Narg Hills that runs into the woods to the South.
[Wed May 29 19:57:11 2013] : DM: You can see patches of white on the tops of the hills, even from a distance
[Wed May 29 19:57:15 2013] : DM: To the South of the road as you approach the range are the outrider trees of the Dellvar Woods, a dark place with few inhabitants other than animals and, according to the folklore on which you were raised, monsters that will eat you whole (no, they spit that bit out)
[Wed May 29 19:57:43 2013] : Mary: "I've always wanted to go there"
[Wed May 29 19:57:52 2013] : Mardram: "Why??"
[Wed May 29 19:58:10 2013] : Mary: "To see how bad it really is, I guess"
[Wed May 29 19:58:35 2013] : DM: Knowledge local
[Wed May 29 19:58:41 2013] : Andrei: "I think we take the straight road this time."
[Wed May 29 19:58:43 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge Local: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed May 29 19:58:44 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Local: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7 (untrained: 7)
[Wed May 29 19:58:46 2013] : DM: Knowledge nature
[Wed May 29 19:58:51 2013] : Mary: Endure Elements - Mary's A creature protected by endure elements suffers no harm from being in a hot or cold environment. It can exist comfortably in conditions between -50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit without having to make Fortitude saves. The creature's equipment is likewise protected. Endure elements doesn't provide any protection from fire or cold damage, nor does it protect against other environmental hazards such as smoke, lack of air, and so forth.)
[Wed May 29 19:58:51 2013] : Mardram: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25
[Wed May 29 19:58:52 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Nature: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16 (untrained: 10)
[Wed May 29 19:59:00 2013] : Mary: ooc Sorry about that
[Wed May 29 19:59:06 2013] : Mary: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18 (20 Animals)
[Wed May 29 19:59:22 2013] : Mary: Knowledge Local: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed May 29 19:59:50 2013] : Andrei: "It's supposed to be large animals, and some more intelligent menaces near the centre."
[Wed May 29 20:00:01 2013] : Andrei: "Not our problem while we take the kids somewhere safe."
[Wed May 29 20:00:54 2013] : Mardram: "I've heard tell of Wyverns and the like"
[Wed May 29 20:01:16 2013] : Andrei: "That or a dragon, they say, but we all know how reliable rumours are."
[Wed May 29 20:01:25 2013] : Mardram: "but Andrei is correct. Our first concern at the moment is to get these 2 kids to safety"
[Wed May 29 20:01:26 2013] : Mary: "As have I, they are supposed to live there"
[Wed May 29 20:01:38 2013] : Mardram: ooc sorry about the 2
[Wed May 29 20:01:48 2013] : DM: ooc meh
[Wed May 29 20:02:59 2013] : Andrei: "Right, then. Let's ride to Dorduk, deal with anything along the way, and see what the news is. It's a while since I've been around."
[Wed May 29 20:03:22 2013] : Mardram: "A fine suggestion"
[Wed May 29 20:03:43 2013] : DM: The path ascends a up the range, gradually gaining in elevation, it's hard going as patches of frost and ice cause occasional slips as you ascend, but it's nothing that you can't handle.
[Wed May 29 20:04:21 2013] : DM: With some deliberation, you manage to get to the top of the range by mid afternoon
[Wed May 29 20:04:32 2013] : DM: Ahead of you is a plateau which graces the top of the moors. It's cold and the winds are gusting from the North. The road is more iced over in places than lower down, and the vegetation on the ground to either side is muted with frost sheen.
[Wed May 29 20:04:56 2013] : Andrei: "I don't remember it being this warm last time I crossed this road."
[Wed May 29 20:05:03 2013] : Mardram: "We dont want to get caught up here overnight"
[Wed May 29 20:05:14 2013] : DM: As you continue your journey along the road, you note how dry and cold the air is, and how hard the ground is. This seems like a blessing, as this road looks like it becomes very rutted and boggy when it is not frozen. It's clear that attempts have been made to keep the road paved at times, but the path frequently takes you off a sunken, deeply pocked part of the paved road and onto the scrub to the sides.
[Wed May 29 20:05:19 2013] : Mardram: "Warm? Its freezing Andrei!"
[Wed May 29 20:05:42 2013] : Andrei: "Worse usually."
[Wed May 29 20:06:04 2013] : DM: You notice that the Dellvar woods has filled out to the South. Its edges encroach on the lower slopes of the hills.
[Wed May 29 20:06:47 2013] : DM: After about an hour and a half's walk across the plateau and subsequent hills it's now late afternoon. You come across a small stonebuilt house, somewhat incongrously sitting at a short way to the side of the main road. The house has a sturdy door, two shuttered windows, and a chimney.
[Wed May 29 20:07:24 2013] : Mardram: ooc any signs of life?
[Wed May 29 20:07:37 2013] : DM: There's smoke coming from the chimney
[Wed May 29 20:08:00 2013] : Mardram: ooc about how long til sunset?
[Wed May 29 20:08:16 2013] : DM: About 1 1/2 hours
[Wed May 29 20:08:40 2013] : Linden: "Will be be off these hills before dark?"
[Wed May 29 20:08:52 2013] : Linden: "It looks like we have a ways to go yet."
[Wed May 29 20:09:01 2013] : DM: Knowledge Geography
[Wed May 29 20:09:02 2013] : Mardram: Survival: [1d20(20) + 3] = 23
[Wed May 29 20:09:09 2013] : Andrei: "Dark's not a problem, surely."
[Wed May 29 20:09:09 2013] : Mary: Knowledge Geography: [1d20(9) + 11] = 20 (+2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 20:09:18 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed May 29 20:09:29 2013] : Mary: "It's a problem for the horses"
[Wed May 29 20:09:34 2013] : Mardram: "Its more the cold that goes aling with it"
[Wed May 29 20:10:13 2013] : Mary: "I can help there, for part of the night at least"
[Wed May 29 20:10:42 2013] : Mary: "But we should be out of here in 1/2 hours time"
[Wed May 29 20:11:13 2013] : Mary: Mary points ahead, to a descent
[Wed May 29 20:11:18 2013] : Mary: "That way"
[Wed May 29 20:11:39 2013] : Mardram: "Do you think it's worth asking about overnight lodgings?"
[Wed May 29 20:12:16 2013] : Linden: "May as well carry on if we'll be soon off these hills."
[Wed May 29 20:12:30 2013] : Mary: "It's either that or spend another cold night out"
[Wed May 29 20:12:41 2013] : DM: Looking ahead, you can all see that there's sky in the distance, with faint land clearly at a lower elevation in the far distance
[Wed May 29 20:13:01 2013] : Andrei: "I say we go in. Better for the kids than too long a day."
[Wed May 29 20:13:11 2013] : Mary: "Though not as cold as last night"
[Wed May 29 20:13:32 2013] : Mardram: "I think its worth a few minutes enquiry"
[Wed May 29 20:13:50 2013] : DM: Mary is definitely aware that a night on an exposed moor is likely to be colder than the night on the plains below
[Wed May 29 20:14:06 2013] : Linden: "Ok"
[Wed May 29 20:14:29 2013] : Mary: "So ask for shelter or get down from here? I'm fine either way"
[Wed May 29 20:14:38 2013] : Andrei: Andrei walks up to the door and knocks.
[Wed May 29 20:14:59 2013] : Voice: "Aargh!"
[Wed May 29 20:15:12 2013] : Voice: "Go away."
[Wed May 29 20:15:29 2013] : Mary: "Hmm"
[Wed May 29 20:15:32 2013] : Andrei: "Is everything OK? We make a habit of solving problems."
[Wed May 29 20:15:33 2013] : Voice: The voice is male and relatively high pitched
[Wed May 29 20:15:33 2013] : Andrei: Diplomacy: [1d20(11) + 19] = 30
[Wed May 29 20:16:10 2013] : Andrei: ooc my connection is a bit bouncy, so I may drop off if we're not careful
[Wed May 29 20:16:28 2013] : Mary: ooc Be careful!
[Wed May 29 20:17:10 2013] : Voice: "Everything will be fine if you leave me alone in my house"
[Wed May 29 20:17:57 2013] : Andrei: Andrei tries to see if the guy is telling the truth
[Wed May 29 20:17:59 2013] : Andrei: Sense Motive: [1d20(15) + 12] = 27
[Wed May 29 20:18:09 2013] : Andrei: ooc probably some huge situation penalty
[Wed May 29 20:19:15 2013] : Andrei: "OK, we'll leave. Have a good evening."
[Wed May 29 20:20:01 2013] : Mary: Softly: "Really, we're going?"
[Wed May 29 20:20:03 2013] : Voice: "Good night"
[Wed May 29 20:20:51 2013] : Linden: Linden rides on.
[Wed May 29 20:21:24 2013] : Andrei: "Yes, we're really going."
[Wed May 29 20:21:32 2013] : Andrei: "No point troubling the man."
[Wed May 29 20:21:49 2013] : Mardram: "Maybe he'd let the kids stay in his house while we camp outside"
[Wed May 29 20:21:54 2013] : Mary: "Right, we're off"
[Wed May 29 20:22:44 2013] : Mary: Mary rides away, for about 20 yards, where she stops her horse and looks back at Andrei
[Wed May 29 20:23:10 2013] : Andrei: "What's the worry, Mary?"
[Wed May 29 20:23:14 2013] : Voice: Moving on?
[Wed May 29 20:23:23 2013] : Andrei: Andrei's keen to move on
[Wed May 29 20:23:24 2013] : Linden: I am
[Wed May 29 20:23:37 2013] : Mary: "Are we sure he's alright?"
[Wed May 29 20:23:43 2013] : Mardram: Mardram shrugs and follows
[Wed May 29 20:24:15 2013] : Voice: After another 1/2 hour's ride the moor ends in a sheer cliff to the East. The road turns South and after a short while begins a switchback descent down the steeper eastern side of the range. It will soon be dark, and it has clouded over and the switchback road looks treacherous.
[Wed May 29 20:24:31 2013] : Voice: Survival
[Wed May 29 20:24:34 2013] : Linden: Survival: [1d20(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed May 29 20:24:37 2013] : Mardram: Survival: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed May 29 20:24:38 2013] : Andrei: Survival: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed May 29 20:24:46 2013] : Andrei: "I think he's OK, Mary"
[Wed May 29 20:24:49 2013] : Mary: Survival: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23 (27 Undead, 25 Animals) Track: 26 (30 Undead, 28 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 20:24:53 2013] : Linden: ooc or bones will be found many years later
[Wed May 29 20:24:54 2013] : Voice: Perception
[Wed May 29 20:24:58 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed May 29 20:25:03 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed May 29 20:25:04 2013] : Mary: Perception: [1d20(5) + 13] = 18 (22 Undead, 20 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 20:25:17 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed May 29 20:25:49 2013] : Mary: "Better stop here, before we fall off a cliff"
[Wed May 29 20:26:12 2013] : Mardram: "Its going to be cold!"
[Wed May 29 20:26:13 2013] : Andrei: "With that ice on the path, I think you're right."
[Wed May 29 20:26:37 2013] : Andrei: "That's why we have Mary to help us pitch a tent."
[Wed May 29 20:26:38 2013] : Mary: Mary looks for a good place to camp
[Wed May 29 20:26:42 2013] : Mary: Survival: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23 (27 Undead, 25 Animals) Track: 26 (30 Undead, 28 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 20:26:45 2013] : Mardram: "How about we try that house again? Maybe we could even just shelter behind it out of the wind"
[Wed May 29 20:28:04 2013] : Andrei: "And have the man come out in the middle of the night, attack us, and we kill him by accident?"
[Wed May 29 20:28:13 2013] : Mary: "You're right, and we still have time to get back there"
[Wed May 29 20:28:17 2013] : Andrei: Andrei paints a vivid picture of a well-meaning disaster
[Wed May 29 20:28:43 2013] : Voice: ooc brb
[Wed May 29 20:28:53 2013] : Mary: "Want those kids to freeze to death? We can tell him we're camping outside, and keep watch during the night\"
[Wed May 29 20:28:58 2013] : Mardram: Mardram paints a vivid picture of all the horses freezing"
[Wed May 29 20:29:03 2013] : Mardram: Mardram paints a vivid picture of all the horses freezing
[Wed May 29 20:30:25 2013] : Mary: Mary turns her horse around
[Wed May 29 20:31:06 2013] : Voice: You make it back to the house as it's starting to get dark
[Wed May 29 20:31:25 2013] : Andrei: "Let's keep it quiet, and he might not notice us."
[Wed May 29 20:32:08 2013] : Voice: I just want to point out that nobody told him who you were or anything
[Wed May 29 20:32:41 2013] : Mardram: ooc I had assumed from reaction and location he was a hermit-type character
[Wed May 29 20:32:47 2013] : Andrei: Well, he didn't seem to care. It's not like we have names to drop, right? :)
[Wed May 29 20:33:49 2013] : Andrei: "Hello, is anyone home? It's Andrei. You remember me, right?"
[Wed May 29 20:33:52 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(3) + 23] = 26
[Wed May 29 20:33:58 2013] : Voice: "No"
[Wed May 29 20:33:58 2013] : Andrei: ooc what a pants roll!
[Wed May 29 20:34:20 2013] : Andrei: ooc one moment
[Wed May 29 20:34:28 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Arcana: [1d20(18) + 16] = 34
[Wed May 29 20:35:34 2013] : Linden: "Er. This a spell and the occupant is likely a skilled wizard. We really should have just camped on the road."
[Wed May 29 20:36:41 2013] : Mardram: "Andrei, ask if he would consider looking after the children for the night"
[Wed May 29 20:36:58 2013] : Andrei: "Please, will you give us somewhere to stay for the night? Or at least look after the children?"
[Wed May 29 20:37:05 2013] : Andrei: Diplomacy: [1d20(4) + 19] = 23
[Wed May 29 20:37:15 2013] : Andrei: Diplomacy: [1d20(9) + 19] = 28
[Wed May 29 20:37:16 2013] : Voice: A face appears at a grate in the door
[Wed May 29 20:37:33 2013] : Andrei: ooc using my Charmer ability: roll twice and take better result, on one Diplomacy per 24hrs
[Wed May 29 20:37:38 2013] : Voice: ooc you only get one diplomacy roll in 24 hours - but you just gained a +5 mod
[Wed May 29 20:38:06 2013] : Voice: "Well why didn't you say you had children with you"
[Wed May 29 20:38:35 2013] : Voice: There's a popping sound
[Wed May 29 20:38:41 2013] : Voice: Spellcraft
[Wed May 29 20:38:47 2013] : Linden: Spellcraft: [1d20(3) + 14] = 17
[Wed May 29 20:38:48 2013] : Mardram: Spellcraft: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed May 29 20:39:20 2013] : Mary: Spellcraft: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed May 29 20:39:33 2013] : Andrei: Spellcraft: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18
[Wed May 29 20:39:33 2013] : Voice: The door is opened and a reasonably young man (25 ish) in robes can be seen in the door
[Wed May 29 20:39:42 2013] : Andrei: "Good evening."
[Wed May 29 20:39:50 2013] : Andrei: Andrei bows
[Wed May 29 20:40:11 2013] : Andrei: "Thank you for unlocking the door."
[Wed May 29 20:40:19 2013] : Mardram: "Yes, thank you"
[Wed May 29 20:40:21 2013] : Voice: "Really, you should try to be a bit less circumspect with total strangers when you wish to shelter with them"
[Wed May 29 20:40:36 2013] : Andrei: ooc do you mean more circumspect?
[Wed May 29 20:40:49 2013] : Voice: "This is my secure shelter for the night..."
[Wed May 29 20:41:10 2013] : Voice: "Now let me see... one... seven of you?"
[Wed May 29 20:41:15 2013] : Mardram: "We had thought we had time to get further down the mountains, and you didn't seem to want to be disturbed"
[Wed May 29 20:41:29 2013] : Voice: "I didn't want to be attacked"
[Wed May 29 20:41:47 2013] : Voice: "But bandits don't normally travel with small children in tow"
[Wed May 29 20:41:56 2013] : Mary: "I'm sorry if we worried you about getting attacked by us"
[Wed May 29 20:42:10 2013] : Voice: "I'm afraid that there's only enough room for you"
[Wed May 29 20:42:33 2013] : Voice: "You must make provision for your beasts outside"
[Wed May 29 20:42:47 2013] : Mardram: "Mary, would you be able to protect the horses?"
[Wed May 29 20:42:54 2013] : Voice: He leads you inside the cottage
[Wed May 29 20:43:11 2013] : Andrei: Andrei is vaguely worried
[Wed May 29 20:43:13 2013] : Andrei: Sense Motive: [1d20(6) + 12] = 18
[Wed May 29 20:43:14 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(12) + 12] = 24
[Wed May 29 20:43:21 2013] : Voice: The secure shelter contains crude furnishings - eight bunks, a trestle table, eight stools, and a writing desk
[Wed May 29 20:43:23 2013] : Mary: Mary finds the best space for the horses to spend the night
[Wed May 29 20:43:25 2013] : Mary: Survival: [1d20(15) + 12] = 27 (31 Undead, 29 Animals) Track: 30 (34 Undead, 32 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 20:43:59 2013] : Mary: And she makes them as comfortable as possible
[Wed May 29 20:44:29 2013] : Mary: ooc Waiting with Endure Elements until the night gets colder
[Wed May 29 20:44:42 2013] : Mardram: "We should check them regularly"
[Wed May 29 20:44:51 2013] : Voice: Mary fashions the tents into a makeshift stable with the poles and ropes in the lee of the cottage
[Wed May 29 20:45:04 2013] : Mary: "And I can give them extra protection towards the end of the night"
[Wed May 29 20:45:46 2013] : Voice: The fire in the cottage is quite warm, but the biggest benefit is being out of the wind
[Wed May 29 20:46:11 2013] : Belias: The man shuts the door and turns to you
[Wed May 29 20:46:40 2013] : Belias: "Now, I am Belias, up until lately the apprentice to Zachary in Barcanton"
[Wed May 29 20:46:47 2013] : Linden: (to the wizard) "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name. I'm Linden. Did you study in Dorduk?"
[Wed May 29 20:46:48 2013] : Mardram: "Thank you for your kindness. We haven't even introduced ourselves"
[Wed May 29 20:46:49 2013] : Andrei: "As I mentioned, I am Andrei. These are my friends: Mary, Linden, Jin and Mardram. The children, Sylvie and Carolus are under our protection."
[Wed May 29 20:47:13 2013] : Belias: "I'm afraid your name still doesn't ring a bell"
[Wed May 29 20:47:40 2013] : Belias: He peers at the children
[Wed May 29 20:47:48 2013] : Belias: "Oh my..."
[Wed May 29 20:48:00 2013] : Mary: "What's wrong?"
[Wed May 29 20:48:00 2013] : Belias: "But where is their father?"
[Wed May 29 20:48:20 2013] : Mardram: "There was an.. incident"
[Wed May 29 20:48:32 2013] : Belias: "I have seen these children on occasion in Barcanton with their father..."
[Wed May 29 20:48:43 2013] : Andrei: "They are under our protection because their parents are... missing."
[Wed May 29 20:48:49 2013] : Belias: "I've never spoken to him, but I know of him"
[Wed May 29 20:49:23 2013] : Mary: "We're bringing them to their mother"
[Wed May 29 20:49:33 2013] : Mardram: "Was he well known in Barcanton?"
[Wed May 29 20:50:03 2013] : Belias: "A passing merchant, but a frequent enough visitor that some there knew him well enough I guess"
[Wed May 29 20:50:25 2013] : Belias: "What is the incident that you speak of?"
[Wed May 29 20:50:55 2013] : Mardram: "Perhaps we should get the children to bed before we speak of it"
[Wed May 29 20:51:14 2013] : Belias: "Certainly"
[Wed May 29 20:51:22 2013] : Mardram: "They have been through much the past few days"
[Wed May 29 20:51:45 2013] : Mary: "I'd better make them some food first"
[Wed May 29 20:51:54 2013] : Belias: Sylvie and Carolus hop into bed as good as gold and are asleep in minutes after the hard cold ride
[Wed May 29 20:51:59 2013] : Mary: Mary gets rations out
[Wed May 29 20:52:07 2013] : Belias: Belias turns to Linden...
[Wed May 29 20:52:19 2013] : Belias: "Sorry, too many questions..."
[Wed May 29 20:52:32 2013] : Mardram: ooc brb
[Wed May 29 20:52:43 2013] : Belias: "I have never been to Dorduk's great halls of study"
[Wed May 29 20:53:50 2013] : Belias: "All my magic was learned as an apprentice to Zachary, and by venturing in the wilds around the village and into the upper levels of Barcanton tower's dungeons"
[Wed May 29 20:54:17 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge Local: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23
[Wed May 29 20:54:22 2013] : Andrei: ooc about the tower
[Wed May 29 20:55:11 2013] : Belias: The tower is a local landmark in the town, and rumours suggest that there are tunnels and dungeons on many levels and to great distances...
[Wed May 29 20:55:20 2013] : Mary: Knowledge Local: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed May 29 20:55:40 2013] : Mary: Mary doesn't know a lot about that tower
[Wed May 29 20:55:41 2013] : Belias: The trick is finding a way into the tower as there's no entrance that's passable in the village itself
[Wed May 29 20:55:49 2013] : Andrei: "A dangerous way to learn, Belias."
[Wed May 29 20:56:20 2013] : Belias: "What else is a village boy to do to? I had help from some friends"
[Wed May 29 20:56:46 2013] : Belias: "But we've gone our separate ways for now. I'm sure you know how it is"
[Wed May 29 20:56:56 2013] : Mardram: ooc back
[Wed May 29 20:57:49 2013] : Andrei: "Yes, it can be a tempestuous life."
[Wed May 29 20:58:01 2013] : Linden: "You were saying about Sylvie's father...?"
[Wed May 29 20:58:16 2013] : Belias: "But for going in there, I'd never have found this very spell that shelters us tonight"
[Wed May 29 20:58:41 2013] : Mardram: "Well, for that we are all grateful"
[Wed May 29 20:58:41 2013] : Belias: "I've seen him and the children about, but I don't know him myself"
[Wed May 29 20:59:09 2013] : Mary: "Are you saying this place is a spell?"
[Wed May 29 20:59:26 2013] : Belias: "Oh yes... Hold on"
[Wed May 29 20:59:41 2013] : Belias: Belias rummages about in his backpack...
[Wed May 29 20:59:51 2013] : Belias: "Ah, here it is"
[Wed May 29 21:00:01 2013] : Belias: Belias hands a scroll to Linden
[Wed May 29 21:00:25 2013] : Belias: "Take it, do"
[Wed May 29 21:00:43 2013] : Belias: "And keep these children safe at night"
[Wed May 29 21:00:52 2013] : Linden: Linden reads the scroll carefully (not casting it).
[Wed May 29 21:01:11 2013] : Linden: ooc is the right spell?
[Wed May 29 21:01:28 2013] : Belias: It is indeed the secure shelter spell
[Wed May 29 21:02:33 2013] : Linden: "Thank you Belias, that will be useful. I never had the need to learn such a spell during my studies."
[Wed May 29 21:02:44 2013] : Belias: ooc the value of that scroll is 2275 GP
[Wed May 29 21:03:08 2013] : Belias: ooc it's uncomonly generous!
[Wed May 29 21:03:12 2013] : Linden: ooc ok, how I'm suspicious!
[Wed May 29 21:03:31 2013] : Linden: "Is there something we can help with in return?"
[Wed May 29 21:03:44 2013] : Andrei: "Is... everything OK, Belias? You seem very concerned about these children, if you never spoke to their father."
[Wed May 29 21:04:05 2013] : Mary: "And that scroll must be a very valuable gift"
[Wed May 29 21:04:14 2013] : Andrei: Andrei tries to be diplomatic about it
[Wed May 29 21:04:20 2013] : Belias: "Oh, no, but Zachary took me in as a ward when I was young and I've done exceptionally well out of it"
[Wed May 29 21:05:02 2013] : Belias: "All I suggest is that after you have copied it to your spell book, you rewrite it and sell it to fund the children's future"
[Wed May 29 21:06:30 2013] : Linden: "Thanks, that's very generous."
[Wed May 29 21:07:19 2013] : Mardram: "It is heartwarming to see someone so young helping those less forutunate with no thought for himself"
[Wed May 29 21:07:59 2013] : Belias: ooc I'll basically count it at 1/2 value from the trasure kitty that is accruing
[Wed May 29 21:08:51 2013] : Andrei: "We appreciate it, Belias."
[Wed May 29 21:09:32 2013] : Andrei: "Anything you need from us?"
[Wed May 29 21:09:54 2013] : Belias: "What can you tell me of the conditions to the West?"
[Wed May 29 21:10:23 2013] : Mardram: "Perhaps we could relate the tale of Sylvie and Carolus"
[Wed May 29 21:10:25 2013] : Andrei: "The forest is spreading."
[Wed May 29 21:10:58 2013] : Belias: ooc I think you've misinterpreted my description there :-)
[Wed May 29 21:11:11 2013] : Andrei: ooc maybe...
[Wed May 29 21:11:58 2013] : Belias: ooc there were just thinner numbers of trees until you got closer to the woods proper, I guess that didn't come across
[Wed May 29 21:12:18 2013] : Andrei: ooc ok
[Wed May 29 21:12:55 2013] : Andrei: Andrei begins recounting what happened to the children, how we found Sylvie near the Inn and rescued Carolus in the old temple."
[Wed May 29 21:12:57 2013] : Belias: "Please, what happened?"
[Wed May 29 21:12:58 2013] : Mardram: "Andrei, you tell a good story."
[Wed May 29 21:13:05 2013] : Belias: FFWD
[Wed May 29 21:13:16 2013] : Belias: "Ah, a sad tale indeed."
[Wed May 29 21:13:31 2013] : Belias: "But I guess for me, the road ahead is a safer place"
[Wed May 29 21:14:18 2013] : Mardram: "The road itself seemed safe enough"
[Wed May 29 21:14:29 2013] : Mary: "How so?"
[Wed May 29 21:14:34 2013] : Linden: "Any news from Barcanton or the road?"
[Wed May 29 21:14:37 2013] : Belias: "Not for Sylvie's father"
[Wed May 29 21:14:52 2013] : Belias: "Barcanton goes on as ever"
[Wed May 29 21:15:13 2013] : Mardram: "No, that is true, however we have hopefully removed that danger"
[Wed May 29 21:15:28 2013] : Belias: "Some of the faithful of Waukeen have converted to Makash as you described in your tale"
[Wed May 29 21:15:41 2013] : Belias: "Though little changes"
[Wed May 29 21:16:23 2013] : Belias: "Death of livestock is now seen as a gift to Makash rather than something troubling apparently"
[Wed May 29 21:16:40 2013] : Belias: "but beyond that, no changes to daily life"
[Wed May 29 21:16:48 2013] : Mary: "Thatn doesn't sound right"
[Wed May 29 21:17:09 2013] : Andrei: "How many of these? Waukeenites aren't hard folk, but they're practical, and this is a big change."
[Wed May 29 21:17:23 2013] : Belias: "There's a small altar outside town for burning the dead animals on"
[Wed May 29 21:18:11 2013] : Belias: "Well, since the incursion a couple of years ago, a few folks felt that Waukeen did nothing to aid the region"
[Wed May 29 21:18:24 2013] : Belias: "It was some local folk who helped"
[Wed May 29 21:18:44 2013] : Andrei: "Were you one of the local folk?"
[Wed May 29 21:18:52 2013] : Belias: "Oh, no"
[Wed May 29 21:19:03 2013] : Belias: "I provided them with some potions though"
[Wed May 29 21:19:19 2013] : Belias: "Zachary was quite generous to them with prices"
[Wed May 29 21:20:39 2013] : Belias: "What else...?"
[Wed May 29 21:21:17 2013] : Belias: "The druid grove at Northwood and the farm nearby recovered from the attacks against them"
[Wed May 29 21:21:31 2013] : Andrei: "Do you have any worries, Belias? You seem the happiest man I've seen in a long while."
[Wed May 29 21:21:59 2013] : Belias: "Numbers have grown in the grove, and the farm has had its out buildings rebuilt and has even moved on to exotic mounts"
[Wed May 29 21:22:21 2013] : Belias: "I am happy, I made quite a bit of money with my colleagues."
[Wed May 29 21:22:43 2013] : Belias: "I am headed off to set up my own store to the West"
[Wed May 29 21:23:14 2013] : Andrei: "Where to the west? We may have to visit you some time."
[Wed May 29 21:23:24 2013] : Belias: "Life is looking good for me... I'm still young, and hopefully I'll find a woman out there"
[Wed May 29 21:23:54 2013] : Mardram: "I wish you health and happiness Belias"
[Wed May 29 21:23:58 2013] : Belias: "Gerber's town, just outside the duchy"
[Wed May 29 21:25:28 2013] : Mary: "I hope you find what you seek"
[Wed May 29 21:25:33 2013] : Belias: "Well, I have to say, I never looked for such good company from what I thought was a bunch of bandits"
[Wed May 29 21:25:52 2013] : Belias: "I have enjoyed our discussion, but now I think I will retire"
[Wed May 29 21:26:00 2013] : Andrei: "And a good night to you."
[Wed May 29 21:26:11 2013] : Mardram: "Good night"
[Wed May 29 21:26:46 2013] : Belias: Retiring for the night?
[Wed May 29 21:26:54 2013] : Andrei: yep
[Wed May 29 21:27:16 2013] : Mardram: ooc yep
[Wed May 29 21:27:19 2013] : Mary: Yes
[Wed May 29 21:27:21 2013] : Linden: Yes.
[Wed May 29 21:27:28 2013] : Belias: During the night, rainclouds have rolled in, and at about 1 am a heavy rain falls. Those of you asleep are woken by the pounding raindrops hitting the roof.
[Wed May 29 21:27:42 2013] : Mary: Mary gets out a couple of times to check up on the horses
[Wed May 29 21:28:21 2013] : Belias: Mary goes outside to check the horses...
[Wed May 29 21:28:41 2013] : Belias: Within moments of the rain starting, the frigid ground is sheathed in ice
[Wed May 29 21:29:03 2013] : Mary: "Damn!"
[Wed May 29 21:29:25 2013] : Belias: The horses' shelter is also sheathed, but it seems watertight, and the horses are still warm within after Mary made good their shelter
[Wed May 29 21:29:46 2013] : Belias: The heavy rain lasts for 10 minutes, but afterwards it's not long before the remaining liquid water chills and freezes
[Wed May 29 21:30:07 2013] : Belias: The horses are OK
[Wed May 29 21:30:16 2013] : Belias: Going back to sleep?
[Wed May 29 21:30:29 2013] : Andrei: yep
[Wed May 29 21:30:33 2013] : Mardram: ooc yes
[Wed May 29 21:30:41 2013] : Linden: Yes
[Wed May 29 21:31:01 2013] : Mary: Yes
[Wed May 29 21:31:09 2013] : Belias: You sleep soundly until...
[Wed May 29 21:31:16 2013] : Belias: A loud rumbling sound is heard and the ground beneath you tremors
[Wed May 29 21:31:28 2013] : Belias: Perception
[Wed May 29 21:31:35 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed May 29 21:31:41 2013] : Belias: Knowledge Engineering
[Wed May 29 21:31:56 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed May 29 21:32:04 2013] : Mary: Perception: [1d20(5) + 13] = 18 (22 Undead, 20 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 21:32:13 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Engineering: [1d20(7) + 16] = 23
[Wed May 29 21:32:20 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed May 29 21:33:09 2013] : Linden: "I'm glad we didn't camp on the cliff road! Sounds like a landslide caused by the ice storm."
[Wed May 29 21:33:30 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed May 29 21:34:05 2013] : Mardram: "We were certainly very lucky"
[Wed May 29 21:34:30 2013] : Mary: "Yes, shelter, good company and no landslides"
[Wed May 29 21:34:35 2013] : Linden: "We're safe in here though."
[Wed May 29 21:34:38 2013] : Andrei: "Yes indeed. We were right to turn back!"
[Wed May 29 21:34:47 2013] : Linden: Linden returns to sleep
[Wed May 29 21:34:49 2013] : Andrei: "But what if the landslide is on top of this hut?2
[Wed May 29 21:35:11 2013] : Belias: The hut was 1/2 an hour walk away from the cliff edge
[Wed May 29 21:35:23 2013] : Andrei: ooc oh, my poor brain :-/
[Wed May 29 21:35:33 2013] : Belias: on top of the plateau :-)
[Wed May 29 21:35:38 2013] : Mary: ooc LOL
[Wed May 29 21:36:07 2013] : Belias: The sun rises at 7.30 to reveal a world of ice. Some shaggy crystalline, some smooth and sheer.
[Wed May 29 21:36:36 2013] : Andrei: "That's beautiful, but it's going ot be dangerous getting down."
[Wed May 29 21:36:57 2013] : Mardram: "Perhaps it will melt a little as the sun rises"
[Wed May 29 21:37:07 2013] : Linden: "Making it worse!"
[Wed May 29 21:37:18 2013] : Belias: Belias thanks you again for what turned out to be a pleasant night and heads off West
[Wed May 29 21:37:34 2013] : Mary: "Be safe"
[Wed May 29 21:37:44 2013] : Andrei: "Linden, I don't suppose you can torch the whole lot, can you?"
[Wed May 29 21:37:47 2013] : Belias: "The house will likely disappear in an hour or two"
[Wed May 29 21:37:50 2013] : Mardram: "Goodbye and good luck"
[Wed May 29 21:37:57 2013] : Belias: "Goodbye friends"
[Wed May 29 21:38:16 2013] : Belias: Belias casts a spell
[Wed May 29 21:38:22 2013] : Belias: Spellcraft
[Wed May 29 21:38:25 2013] : Andrei: Spellcraft: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Wed May 29 21:38:26 2013] : Linden: Spellcraft: [1d20(5) + 14] = 19
[Wed May 29 21:38:27 2013] : Mardram: Spellcraft: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed May 29 21:38:47 2013] : Mary: Spellcraft: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed May 29 21:39:18 2013] : Linden: "Huh. That's the way to travel."
[Wed May 29 21:39:27 2013] : Belias: He seems to lift gently off the ground and move over the ice without touching it
[Wed May 29 21:39:45 2013] : Linden: "I really need to improve my spellbook. I've spent too long in the lab and library."
[Wed May 29 21:40:18 2013] : Andrei: "And what about those of us without such talents?"
[Wed May 29 21:41:02 2013] : Mardram: "Lets go see what has happened to the path overnight"
[Wed May 29 21:41:13 2013] : Mardram: Mardram mounts up and heads East
[Wed May 29 21:41:18 2013] : Mary: "We just need to be careful, and lead our horses for now"
[Wed May 29 21:41:29 2013] : Belias: You can get in and out of the horses' shelter, but you're going to have to smash the ice off to get them out
[Wed May 29 21:41:52 2013] : Belias: They are essentially entombed in an ice cave at the moment...
[Wed May 29 21:42:20 2013] : Andrei: "I think this is a moment for Jin."
[Wed May 29 21:42:22 2013] : Belias: Warm enough inside, but 10 cm thick ice covering the tents
[Wed May 29 21:42:35 2013] : Andrei: ooc Andrei probably can't do much with his daggers.
[Wed May 29 21:42:45 2013] : Mardram: Mardram starts hitting the ice gently with his mace
[Wed May 29 21:42:58 2013] : Mardram: "Dont want the whole lot to come crashing down"
[Wed May 29 21:43:13 2013] : Linden: "Careful! All that ice is heavy."
[Wed May 29 21:43:36 2013] : Linden: Linden applies his engineering knowledge to asses a safe way to get the horses out.
[Wed May 29 21:43:39 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Engineering: [1d20(7) + 16] = 23
[Wed May 29 21:43:52 2013] : Belias: It's going to be hard going to get them out like that
[Wed May 29 21:44:38 2013] : Mary: "And we need to be careful to not damage our tents"
[Wed May 29 21:45:27 2013] : Mardram: "Hoepfully we will be in Barcanton by nightfall so the tents are not too important"
[Wed May 29 21:45:42 2013] : Andrei: "We just need a hole in one end."
[Wed May 29 21:46:06 2013] : Linden: "We couyld wait for the shelter to disappear and walk the horses out of the back but that will take hours."
[Wed May 29 21:46:23 2013] : Andrei: [1d20(4)] = 4
[Wed May 29 21:46:27 2013] : Andrei: ooc oops
[Wed May 29 21:46:50 2013] : Andrei: "Can't the shelter open new doorways?"
[Wed May 29 21:47:24 2013] : Mardram: "I've no idea"
[Wed May 29 21:47:48 2013] : Andrei: "Linden, that's more your field."
[Wed May 29 21:48:11 2013] : Andrei: "Actually, can you conjure some salt?"
[Wed May 29 21:48:32 2013] : Linden: "The house will be gone in a hour or two. Let's just wait."
[Wed May 29 21:48:48 2013] : Linden: ooc missed that comment from Belias earlier.
[Wed May 29 21:49:00 2013] : DM: You sit in the house with the fire (no point being outside)
[Wed May 29 21:49:18 2013] : Mardram: "Waht will happen if this place vanishes with us in it?"
[Wed May 29 21:49:41 2013] : DM: After an hour and a half it suddenly disappears from around you, and you are greeted by the strong smell of horse dung
[Wed May 29 21:49:43 2013] : Mary: "All of a sudden we find ourselves sitting on ice?"
[Wed May 29 21:50:03 2013] : Mardram: "Hopefully"
[Wed May 29 21:50:14 2013] : DM: There is now a bizarre tenting shelter covered in ice, but open at the back
[Wed May 29 21:50:17 2013] : Linden: Liden collects his horse and leads it down the icy road.
[Wed May 29 21:50:29 2013] : Mary: Mary checks the horses and gets their shelter down
[Wed May 29 21:50:30 2013] : Andrei: "God, that smells a bit. Now let's see about getting these tents free."
[Wed May 29 21:50:53 2013] : Mardram: Mardram gets his pony
[Wed May 29 21:51:13 2013] : DM: The ground is all covered in about 2-3 cm of ice (the tent got the roof run-off, so was thicker)
[Wed May 29 21:51:26 2013] : DM: Are you leading horses or riding them?
[Wed May 29 21:51:37 2013] : Andrei: Leading mine
[Wed May 29 21:51:43 2013] : Linden: Leading
[Wed May 29 21:51:46 2013] : DM: It's not going to be an easy job to free the tents
[Wed May 29 21:51:48 2013] : Mardram: Leading
[Wed May 29 21:52:16 2013] : Mardram: "Leave the tents Mary, they aren't worth the effort and time"
[Wed May 29 21:52:33 2013] : Mary: Leading
[Wed May 29 21:53:12 2013] : Mary: "But how about the kids, if we need to sleep outside tonight again?"
[Wed May 29 21:53:51 2013] : DM: 400 XP each for the challenge of surviving the freezing hilltop
[Wed May 29 21:53:52 2013] : Mardram: "I think we should make it to Barcanton by nightfall"
[Wed May 29 21:53:56 2013] : Andrei: "It's less than a day's ride to Barcanton, though."
[Wed May 29 21:54:28 2013] : Mardram: ooc wiki updated with new xp and the scroll
[Wed May 29 21:54:53 2013] : Andrei: "We just have to get off the hills."
[Wed May 29 21:55:46 2013] : Mary: Mary shrugs and leaves the tents
[Wed May 29 21:55:50 2013] : Mary: "Very well"
[Wed May 29 21:55:52 2013] : DM: It takes you an hour to get back to the cliff. It's not easy to tell where the road is
[Wed May 29 21:56:08 2013] : Andrei: "Looks like a challenge down there."
[Wed May 29 21:56:28 2013] : DM: You eventually locate the switchback road.
[Wed May 29 21:56:30 2013] : Mary: Survival: [1d20(5) + 12] = 17 (21 Undead, 19 Animals) Track: 20 (24 Undead, 22 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 21:57:09 2013] : DM: You slowly navigate your way down. As you turn a switch about a quarter of the way down, you can see that there's been a cliff collapse slightly higher up. A lansdlide has covered the road for a considerable distance down. The land on the next 3 or 4 switches in the road have been covered in a homogenous rubble, with no signs of the road visible. The slope is thankfully more clear of ice than the road was, due to the rubble.
[Wed May 29 21:57:34 2013] : Linden: Does it look safe to cross?
[Wed May 29 21:57:36 2013] : Linden: Knowledge: Engineering: [1d20(11) + 16] = 27
[Wed May 29 21:57:40 2013] : Mary: "So that's what happened last night"
[Wed May 29 21:57:46 2013] : Andrei: "Well, that's a bit easier to walk on. Are you doing OK, Sylvie? Carolus?"
[Wed May 29 21:58:08 2013] : DM: It looks doable, difficult, but not deadly
[Wed May 29 21:58:27 2013] : Linden: "It looks safe to cross if we're careful."
[Wed May 29 21:58:43 2013] : Linden: Linden walks across the landslip leading his horse.
[Wed May 29 21:58:47 2013] : DM: Sylvie and Carolus are riding your horses (presumably) and are both happy enough
[Wed May 29 21:59:43 2013] : Mary: ooc Yes, they are
[Wed May 29 21:59:50 2013] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed May 29 22:00:31 2013] : Linden: "Go slowly and carefully." (at 1/4 speed, not laying guide ropes)
[Wed May 29 22:02:38 2013] : DM: 1 acrobatics check per PC and horse please
[Wed May 29 22:02:57 2013] : Mary: Mary takes the back, looking out for the others
[Wed May 29 22:03:02 2013] : Mary: Acrobatics: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed May 29 22:03:08 2013] : Mary: Acrobatics: Woodwalker [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Wed May 29 22:03:18 2013] : Mardram: Acrobatics: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed May 29 22:03:19 2013] : Linden: Acrobatics: [1d20(11) - 1] = 10
[Wed May 29 22:03:22 2013] : Mary: "Careful there, Woodwalker"
[Wed May 29 22:03:33 2013] : Mardram: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed May 29 22:03:50 2013] : Andrei: Acrobatics: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Wed May 29 22:03:55 2013] : Andrei: Acrobatics: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed May 29 22:04:01 2013] : Linden: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Wed May 29 22:04:10 2013] : DM: Mary, reflex save for both you and the horse please
[Wed May 29 22:04:19 2013] : Linden: ooc not sure why I have a misc -3 mod to acrobatics...?
[Wed May 29 22:04:34 2013] : DM: ooc encumbrance?
[Wed May 29 22:05:32 2013] : DM: Mary, reflex save for both you and the horse please
[Wed May 29 22:05:50 2013] : Mary: Reflex: Woodwalker [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed May 29 22:05:52 2013] : Linden: ooc oh. says medium load.
[Wed May 29 22:05:59 2013] : Mary: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 9] = 21
[Wed May 29 22:06:38 2013] : DM: Both of You slide down a short hill before slamming into a tree. You take [1d4(2)] = 2 points of nonlethal damage.
[Wed May 29 22:06:44 2013] : DM: each
[Wed May 29 22:07:00 2013] : Mary: OK
[Wed May 29 22:07:02 2013] : DM: Mardram - reflex save
[Wed May 29 22:07:09 2013] : DM: Your horse is OK
[Wed May 29 22:07:33 2013] : Mardram: Reflex: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13
[Wed May 29 22:07:42 2013] : Mary: Damage: Mary takes 2 damage. [Wed May 29 22:07:43 2013] : Mary: Damage: [Wed May 29 22:07:49 2013] : DM: You slide down a muddy hill and then fall down a 20-foot cliff, taking [2d6(6,5)] = 11 points of damage
[Wed May 29 22:08:10 2013] : Mardram: "Aaaaaaaaargh"
[Wed May 29 22:08:11 2013] : Mary: Damage: Woodwalker takes 2 damage. [Wed May 29 22:08:32 2013] : DM: Andrei, reflex save - your horse is OK too
[Wed May 29 22:08:50 2013] : DM: Linden, save for you and the horseplease
[Wed May 29 22:08:58 2013] : Linden: Reflex: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed May 29 22:09:13 2013] : Linden: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed May 29 22:09:18 2013] : Andrei: Reflex: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20
[Wed May 29 22:09:22 2013] : DM: Linden - You slide far down the hill, reducing the number of checks that need to be made by one. Unfortunately, you also slide through a pair of thickets and land hard on some rocks, taking [1d6(5)] = 5 points of damage.
[Wed May 29 22:10:00 2013] : DM: Linden, Your horse slides all the way to the bottom of the slope, taking [2d6(5,5)] = 10 points of damage and [1d4(4)] = 4 points of Dexterity damage from a horribly sprained ankle.
[Wed May 29 22:10:29 2013] : DM: Andrei - You slide down a short hill before slamming into a tree. You take [1d4(2)] = 2 points of nonlethal damage.
[Wed May 29 22:10:37 2013] : Andrei: Damage: Andrei takes 2 damage. [Wed May 29 22:10:43 2013] : Andrei: "Ouch."
[Wed May 29 22:10:45 2013] : Mardram: Damage: Mardram takes 11 damage. [Wed May 29 22:10:53 2013] : Linden: "Ouch! Dammit. I should have used ropes."
[Wed May 29 22:10:56 2013] : DM: So - Linden's horse is at the bottom of the slope
[Wed May 29 22:10:59 2013] : Andrei: ooc the children were TOTALLY on my horse, not Linden's.
[Wed May 29 22:11:19 2013] : Mary: ooc KMAO
[Wed May 29 22:11:36 2013] : DM: Linden and Mardram are 1/2 way down
[Wed May 29 22:11:47 2013] : DM: The rest of you are 1/4 down
[Wed May 29 22:12:08 2013] : DM: Mary, acrobatics for the two of you
[Wed May 29 22:12:30 2013] : Mary: Acrobatics: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25
[Wed May 29 22:12:37 2013] : Mary: Acrobatics: Woodwalker [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed May 29 22:13:09 2013] : DM: Mary and her horse make it to the midpoint and meet up with Mardram and Linden
[Wed May 29 22:13:31 2013] : DM: Andrei two acrobatics check
[Wed May 29 22:13:32 2013] : Andrei: Acrobatics: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed May 29 22:13:33 2013] : Andrei: Acrobatics: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed May 29 22:13:36 2013] : Mary: "Are you alright?"
[Wed May 29 22:13:42 2013] : Andrei: me then horse, as usual
[Wed May 29 22:14:08 2013] : Andrei: Horse Reflex: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed May 29 22:14:11 2013] : DM: Andrei manages to balance and makes it down to the others...Reflex save for the horse
[Wed May 29 22:14:12 2013] : Mardram: "I am a little bruised, but I can handle that when we all get together again"
[Wed May 29 22:14:41 2013] : DM: The horse slips a little again and takes [1d4(3)] = 3 points of nonlethal damage
[Wed May 29 22:15:00 2013] : DM: ooc not again, 1st time
[Wed May 29 22:15:44 2013] : DM: Mardram, acrobatics for your horse please
[Wed May 29 22:15:54 2013] : Mardram: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed May 29 22:15:59 2013] : DM: Reflex
[Wed May 29 22:16:19 2013] : Mardram: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed May 29 22:17:23 2013] : DM: The horse loses its footing and slides far down the hill and lands hard on some rocks, taking [1d6(2)] = 2 points of damage.
[Wed May 29 22:17:44 2013] : Mardram: (insert horse in pain noise"
[Wed May 29 22:18:03 2013] : Mardram: ooc my typing is shocking tonight
[Wed May 29 22:18:12 2013] : DM: OK, all PCs 1/2 way down... Linden's horse is down, Mardram's is also down
[Wed May 29 22:18:39 2013] : DM: Mary, acrobatics for the two of you
[Wed May 29 22:18:42 2013] : Linden: "This isn't working well, we need to lay some guide ropes."
[Wed May 29 22:18:50 2013] : Mary: Acrobatics: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed May 29 22:18:55 2013] : Mary: Acrobatics: Woodwalker [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed May 29 22:19:01 2013] : DM: There's not a lot to tie them to from here
[Wed May 29 22:19:02 2013] : Linden: Linden starts securing ropes to guide everyone down.
[Wed May 29 22:19:17 2013] : DM: It's a scree slope
[Wed May 29 22:19:18 2013] : Mardram: "What if we just tied ourselves together"
[Wed May 29 22:19:42 2013] : DM: Mary successfully navigates the final part of the slope...
[Wed May 29 22:19:49 2013] : Andrei: "That's probably best. Just not the horses. We can't stop one of the horses if we tie them up."
[Wed May 29 22:19:55 2013] : DM: Her horse however stumbles - refles
[Wed May 29 22:19:57 2013] : DM: x
[Wed May 29 22:20:09 2013] : Linden: ooc oh ok. I thought there were trees as someone did crash into one.
[Wed May 29 22:20:16 2013] : Mary: Reflex: Woodwalker [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed May 29 22:20:34 2013] : Mary: ooc The trees are way down?
[Wed May 29 22:20:47 2013] : DM: ooc err... Yes, some stumps, but not readily accessible
[Wed May 29 22:21:03 2013] : DM: The horse loses its footing and slides far down the hill and lands hard on some rocks, taking [1d6(6)] = 6 points of damage.
[Wed May 29 22:21:25 2013] : Andrei: Here goes mine & my horse
[Wed May 29 22:21:26 2013] : DM: Mardram
[Wed May 29 22:21:31 2013] : Andrei: oh, Ok
[Wed May 29 22:22:06 2013] : Mary: Damage: Woodwalker takes 6 damage. [Wed May 29 22:22:25 2013] : DM: ooc never wrote order down :-/ Not too important though
[Wed May 29 22:22:32 2013] : Mardram: Acrobatics: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Wed May 29 22:22:35 2013] : Mardram: Reflex: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14
[Wed May 29 22:22:53 2013] : Mary: Mary checks up on the horses that are down
[Wed May 29 22:23:02 2013] : DM: You slide down another muddy hill and then fall down a 20-foot cliff, taking [2d6(4,1)] = 5 points of damage
[Wed May 29 22:23:11 2013] : Mardram: Damage: Mardram takes 5 damage. [Wed May 29 22:23:17 2013] : DM: Andrei?
[Wed May 29 22:23:18 2013] : Andrei: Acrobatics: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Wed May 29 22:23:23 2013] : Andrei: Acrobatics: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18
[Wed May 29 22:23:43 2013] : DM: Andrei leads his horse successfully down the remainder of the slope
[Wed May 29 22:23:48 2013] : DM: Linden?
[Wed May 29 22:23:50 2013] : Andrei: ooc woo!
[Wed May 29 22:23:55 2013] : Mardram: Mardram unleashes a stream of profanities that shocks Sylvie
[Wed May 29 22:24:11 2013] : Linden: Acrobatics: [1d20(12) - 1] = 11
[Wed May 29 22:24:14 2013] : Linden: Reflex: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed May 29 22:25:14 2013] : DM: Linden - You slide down the remainder of the hill, through a pair of thickets, taking [1d6(5)] = 5 points of damage.
[Wed May 29 22:25:47 2013] : DM: Your horse looks in a bit of a state with one leg protectively raised
[Wed May 29 22:25:55 2013] : DM: Mary and horse?
[Wed May 29 22:26:58 2013] : DM: err
[Wed May 29 22:26:59 2013] : Mary: Checking up on all horses that are here (3, right?)
[Wed May 29 22:27:10 2013] : DM: Sorry, all are down right?
[Wed May 29 22:27:11 2013] : Mary: Heal - No kit: [1d20(16) + 6] = 22
[Wed May 29 22:27:18 2013] : Mary: Heal - No kit: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21
[Wed May 29 22:27:20 2013] : Mary: Heal - No kit: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19
[Wed May 29 22:27:28 2013] : Mardram: ooc tbh, I've lost track
[Wed May 29 22:27:49 2013] : DM: Yes, everyone is now at the bottom of the slope
[Wed May 29 22:28:13 2013] : Andrei: Andrei grins. We could have done worse from that.
[Wed May 29 22:28:16 2013] : Mary: Heal - No kit: [1d20(18) + 6] = 24
[Wed May 29 22:28:17 2013] : Mary: Heal - No kit: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7
[Wed May 29 22:28:30 2013] : Mardram: "I dont know about you lot, but I could use a little healing"
[Wed May 29 22:28:35 2013] : DM: Mary what are you hoping to achieve?
[Wed May 29 22:28:43 2013] : Andrei: "I think my horse and I came out OK."
[Wed May 29 22:28:44 2013] : Mardram: ooc this could be interesting given Andrei's 'condition'
[Wed May 29 22:28:49 2013] : Linden: "A bit rougher than I expected."
[Wed May 29 22:28:49 2013] : Mardram: Mardram channels positive energy for [4d6(4,2,3,5)] = 14 healing / damage. DC [10 + 7] = 17 Will save for half damage
[Wed May 29 22:28:56 2013] : DM: All horses are down
[Wed May 29 22:28:57 2013] : Mary: Just looking at the amount and sort of damage the horses have sustained
[Wed May 29 22:29:22 2013] : Mardram: Healing: Regain 14 HP. [Wed May 29 22:29:27 2013] : DM: OK, you're aware of the damage they sustained (I didn't track it)
[Wed May 29 22:29:27 2013] : Andrei: Andrei spreads his shoulders and relaxes as the energy washes over him.
[Wed May 29 22:29:39 2013] : Mary: "Thank you for that"
[Wed May 29 22:29:57 2013] : Mary: Healing: Regain 0 HP. [Wed May 29 22:30:01 2013] : Andrei: "That feels good."
[Wed May 29 22:30:15 2013] : Mary: Healing: Woodwalker regains 0 HP. [Wed May 29 22:30:27 2013] : Mary: Healing: Woodwalker regains 14 HP. [Wed May 29 22:30:47 2013] : DM: Mary tells Mardram which horses need healing
[Wed May 29 22:31:03 2013] : Linden: "Can you take care of my horse? He has injured his ankle."
[Wed May 29 22:31:10 2013] : Linden: ooc -4 to Dex
[Wed May 29 22:31:15 2013] : DM: ooc Only up to 7 creatures in your channel?
[Wed May 29 22:31:53 2013] : Mardram: ooc says 'All creatures of one type (undead or living) in 30ft radiius'
[Wed May 29 22:32:04 2013] : DM: ooc OK
[Wed May 29 22:32:57 2013] : Andrei: "Ready to ride?"
[Wed May 29 22:33:02 2013] : Andrei: "I know I am."
[Wed May 29 22:33:28 2013] : Linden: "I need to lead my horse until his ankle is better."
[Wed May 29 22:33:52 2013] : Mary: ooc Shouldn't that ankle be cured as well?
[Wed May 29 22:33:58 2013] : DM: 400 Xp for the slope challenge
[Wed May 29 22:34:18 2013] : Linden: ooc Dex damage
[Wed May 29 22:34:44 2013] : Mary: Mary takes a look at the ankle and binds it to support it
[Wed May 29 22:34:56 2013] : Mary: Heal: [1d20(17) + 8] = 25
[Wed May 29 22:35:04 2013] : Mardram: Lesser Restoration: Level 2 - Cures [1d4(1)] = 1 points of ability damage
[Wed May 29 22:35:14 2013] : Mardram: ooc sigh
[Wed May 29 22:35:32 2013] : DM: ooc Mary, does heal actually do that?
[Wed May 29 22:35:39 2013] : Mary: ooc It's better than nothing and a day of the cure
[Wed May 29 22:36:01 2013] : Mary: ooc I wouldn't think so, DM, but it should make it less painful for the horse
[Wed May 29 22:36:34 2013] : Andrei: ooc horses rarely recover fully from a broken limb IIRC
[Wed May 29 22:36:43 2013] : DM: It's sprained
[Wed May 29 22:37:08 2013] : DM: And real horses 'seldom' receive magical healing ;-)
[Wed May 29 22:37:24 2013] : Mardram: ooc I dont know, I've seen those faith healers on tv
[Wed May 29 22:37:33 2013] : DM: ooc Healing horses?
[Wed May 29 22:37:46 2013] : Mary: ooc LOL
[Wed May 29 22:38:07 2013] : Mardram: ooc those folk can do wild stuff. Just one touch and people are jumping out of wheelchairs ;)
[Wed May 29 22:38:21 2013] : DM: At the bottom of the slope, you find yourselves in the trees of the Dellvar woods. The ice is no longer present. The undergrowth varies, sometimes being quite open, and at other times being quite thick with brambles and rhodedendrons
[Wed May 29 22:39:04 2013] : DM: Clearly the road continues to the North, but your slips have ended you up on the finges of the woods for now
[Wed May 29 22:39:43 2013] : Andrei: "Back to the road then, I think"
[Wed May 29 22:40:10 2013] : Linden: ooc end it here?
[Wed May 29 22:40:14 2013] : DM: Perception checks
[Wed May 29 22:40:21 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(2) + 12] = 14
[Wed May 29 22:40:22 2013] : Mary: Mary looks longingly at the woods
[Wed May 29 22:40:25 2013] : Linden: Perception: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed May 29 22:40:28 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed May 29 22:40:29 2013] : Mary: Perception: [1d20(13) + 13] = 26 (30 Undead, 28 Animals) (All +2 when in a forest)
[Wed May 29 22:40:53 2013] : Mary: ooc Cliffhanger time? ;)
[Wed May 29 22:41:02 2013] : DM: Mary hears someone right next to her that she can't see say...
[Wed May 29 22:41:13 2013] : DM: "Die elf scum!"
[Wed May 29 22:41:17 2013] : DM: GAME END