Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Apr 17 20:42:36 2013] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Apr 17 20:44:21 2013] : DM: You begin your journey as adventurers/in demand weapons engineers returning to your home Duchy of Dorduk
[Wed Apr 17 20:45:19 2013] : DM: You have all been away for at least two years, but for various reasons have felt the pull of home
[Wed Apr 17 20:46:17 2013] : DM: ooc I'll let you decide how long you've already been together or journeyed along the road
[Wed Apr 17 20:46:54 2013] : DM: You have just passed the boundary to the Duchy having spent the evening in a coaching inn that sits on the border
[Wed Apr 17 20:46:57 2013] : Mardram: ooc met up in a bar along the road?
[Wed Apr 17 20:47:03 2013] : Linden: Linden has only joined the group recently having met them on the road.
[Wed Apr 17 20:47:26 2013] : DM: The road leads to Barcanton, a small town about 50 miles away
[Wed Apr 17 20:47:54 2013] : Jin: ooc bar sounds good.
[Wed Apr 17 20:48:05 2013] : Andrei: "It's been a long time away, folks."
[Wed Apr 17 20:48:28 2013] : Mardram: "How long have you been away?"
[Wed Apr 17 20:48:44 2013] : Linden: "Yes, I wonder how it has changed."
[Wed Apr 17 20:48:45 2013] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 17 20:49:34 2013] : Mardram: "I suspect much will have changed and yet be the same"
[Wed Apr 17 20:49:34 2013] : Linden: Linden is an elf, dressed in practical travelling clothes of muted browns. The only splash of colour being a striking blue and yellow patterned headband.
[Wed Apr 17 20:50:18 2013] : Andrei: "Me? It's been a few years. I don't like to think about what I've missed; more about what I've seen."
[Wed Apr 17 20:51:04 2013] : Andrei: Andrei is short, and thin, but has a carefree smile and looks comfortable in his fine outfit.
[Wed Apr 17 20:51:17 2013] : Linden: Around his waist is a somewhat overengineered belt with pockets and loops for all sort of practical items. Potions, writing tools and a clip for a complex looking crossbow.
[Wed Apr 17 20:51:18 2013] : Jin: "Heh. I haven't missed much. Neither have I seen much, coming to think of it"
[Wed Apr 17 20:51:30 2013] : Jin: "It all looks bloody to me"
[Wed Apr 17 20:52:02 2013] : Andrei: "If you haven't missed much or seen much, what have you been doing?" Andrei raises an eyebrow in mock horror.
[Wed Apr 17 20:52:57 2013] : Mardram: Mardram is a Halfling wearing a perfectly sized Breastplate and travelling cloak.
[Wed Apr 17 20:53:17 2013] : Linden: Linden idly conjurs some minor illusions of interleaving geometric shapes while he listens to the others around the table.
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:02 2013] : Jin: "To be very frank. Hack and slash is what I have been doing"
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:12 2013] : Jin: ooc Jin turns green as she gets angrier
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:22 2013] : DM: ooc I actually intended that you are travelling after a night's rest, but it makes no odds if you're still in the inn
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:29 2013] : Jin: "Does not leave much time for lesiure and tourism"
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:43 2013] : Linden: ooc it's morning and we're eating breakfast, perhaps?
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:44 2013] : Andrei: "Not exactly my scene, really. I prefer to talk my way out of trouble."
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:58 2013] : Andrei: ooc breakfast it is. No-one'smentioned beer yet.
[Wed Apr 17 20:54:58 2013] : Jin: "I could have bet my sword on this"
[Wed Apr 17 20:55:38 2013] : Linden: Liden dimisses the illusion. "We should head out, we can talk on the road."
[Wed Apr 17 20:55:45 2013] : Andrei: "It works for me." Andrei gives a self-deprecating shrug and a grin
[Wed Apr 17 20:56:03 2013] : Linden: He stands and checks his crossbow is securely clipped on.
[Wed Apr 17 20:56:03 2013] : Mardram: "Yes, its about that time Linden"
[Wed Apr 17 20:57:07 2013] : Jin: Jin is a tall half elf who at first sight seems a bit lost in her armor (yet to be chosen) but who at second glance shows a well developped musculature.
[Wed Apr 17 20:57:15 2013] : Andrei: "Doesn't that belt ever tip you over, Linden?"
[Wed Apr 17 20:57:33 2013] : Mardram: Mardram checks his equipment and carefully flexes his left leg before getting to his feet
[Wed Apr 17 20:57:43 2013] : Jin: Her armor is battere and she warries a sword or two at her side.
[Wed Apr 17 20:58:04 2013] : Linden: "It's practical, everything I might need in a hurry to hand."
[Wed Apr 17 20:58:06 2013] : Jin: "Do we know where we're going?"
[Wed Apr 17 20:58:11 2013] : Jin: *battered
[Wed Apr 17 20:58:34 2013] : DM: ooc you're all headed back home to the duchy, so yes
[Wed Apr 17 20:58:44 2013] : Jin: "ah right"
[Wed Apr 17 20:58:47 2013] : Jin: ooc oops ooc
[Wed Apr 17 20:59:08 2013] : DM: ooc you're from somewhere in this map, up to you where
[Wed Apr 17 20:59:18 2013] : Mardram: ooc are we at the dot on the far left of the map?
[Wed Apr 17 20:59:22 2013] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 17 20:59:57 2013] : Andrei: Andrei is unusual in this group in carrying no visible weapons.
[Wed Apr 17 21:00:12 2013] : Linden: ooc how big is Dorduk? Could I have studied there as a wizard?
[Wed Apr 17 21:00:15 2013] : DM: Anyone got Knowledge Local? If not Knowledge untrained
[Wed Apr 17 21:00:23 2013] : DM: ooc Linden, yes
[Wed Apr 17 21:00:36 2013] : DM: ooc there's maps on the pages linked from the wiki
[Wed Apr 17 21:00:38 2013] : Linden: [1d20(14) + 4] = 18
[Wed Apr 17 21:00:59 2013] : Jin: ooc shit, I thought half elf get a +2 ability bonus at character creation
[Wed Apr 17 21:01:08 2013] : DM: ooc they do
[Wed Apr 17 21:01:25 2013] : Jin: ok, so I can use these points on one ability? or on two?
[Wed Apr 17 21:01:26 2013] : DM: ooc it's on the feats tab - racial abilities
[Wed Apr 17 21:01:39 2013] : Andrei: Knowledge: Local [1d20(18) + 12] = 30
[Wed Apr 17 21:01:43 2013] : Mardram: ooc one stat gets +2
[Wed Apr 17 21:02:17 2013] : DM: Everyone knows that Dorduk is the seat of the local Duke
[Wed Apr 17 21:02:32 2013] : Jin: ooc so that doesn't enter my point buy
[Wed Apr 17 21:02:51 2013] : Mardram: ooc no its applied after the point buy
[Wed Apr 17 21:03:03 2013] : DM: Andrei and Linden at the least are both acquainted with the city, Linden having studies there and Andrei being a child of its streets
[Wed Apr 17 21:03:37 2013] : DM: Linden knows the region has several ruins and some hidden temples in various places
[Wed Apr 17 21:03:47 2013] : Mardram: Mardram is from just outside Nestris
[Wed Apr 17 21:05:16 2013] : Linden: "I'm hoping some contract work can be found in Dorduk. I think Zalzabar's occasionally had open contracts for retriving artifacts."
[Wed Apr 17 21:05:28 2013] : Linden: "Anyone else have plans?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:06:18 2013] : Andrei: "Well, there's been rumours of a few problems out to the west here.
[Wed Apr 17 21:06:37 2013] : Andrei: "An old temple to Makash, and people have been going missing."
[Wed Apr 17 21:06:51 2013] : Andrei: "Seems like something I ought to look into, really."
[Wed Apr 17 21:06:58 2013] : Andrei: "Will anyone help me out?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:07:12 2013] : Linden: "Sure."
[Wed Apr 17 21:07:29 2013] : Jin: "Will do"
[Wed Apr 17 21:07:41 2013] : Jin: "More hacking and slashing I suppose"
[Wed Apr 17 21:07:42 2013] : Mardram: "I was returning for my uncles birthday"
[Wed Apr 17 21:07:46 2013] : DM: You are all aware that Makash is the evil god of death
[Wed Apr 17 21:08:01 2013] : Jin: "Always the same old story. Evil found, evil uncovered, evil defeated"
[Wed Apr 17 21:08:06 2013] : Jin: "And everything in the middle"
[Wed Apr 17 21:08:33 2013] : Mardram: "I can take some time out to rid the world of some evil"
[Wed Apr 17 21:08:35 2013] : Linden: (To Andrei) "Do you think the cultists are back to worship their evil god?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:08:39 2013] : Jin: "This said, what are people doing in a temple to Makash? No wonder they go missing."
[Wed Apr 17 21:08:51 2013] : DM: Basic info on the duchy on the Dorduk wiki page
[Wed Apr 17 21:09:07 2013] : Jin: ooc ah, had read Henry's statement wrong
[Wed Apr 17 21:09:14 2013] : Andrei: "Could be, Linden. Could be. I think, Jin, it's because the temple's only a few miles from the road."
[Wed Apr 17 21:09:21 2013] : DM: ooc it's been a blessing to have a campaign world already available from last time!
[Wed Apr 17 21:09:39 2013] : Mardram: ooc I updated my backstory to fit in a bit better with the location
[Wed Apr 17 21:10:01 2013] : Linden: "Lead the way, Andrei."
[Wed Apr 17 21:10:14 2013] : DM: ooc OK, thanks Bert
[Wed Apr 17 21:10:38 2013] : DM: ooc how are you travelling?
[Wed Apr 17 21:11:36 2013] : Andrei: ooc I'm on a horse
[Wed Apr 17 21:11:52 2013] : Linden: ooc horse also
[Wed Apr 17 21:11:56 2013] : Mardram: Mardram mounts up on his pony and is ready to go
[Wed Apr 17 21:12:35 2013] : Jin: ooc good fighter feats?
[Wed Apr 17 21:12:45 2013] : Jin: ooc I'm on a horse as well.
[Wed Apr 17 21:13:01 2013] : Mardram: ooc power attack?
[Wed Apr 17 21:13:11 2013] : Andrei: ooc Delphine: what style fighter?
[Wed Apr 17 21:13:26 2013] : Andrei: ooc Mardram: Was Garramond the font of all knowledge? :-)
[Wed Apr 17 21:13:34 2013] : DM: ooc power attack
[Wed Apr 17 21:13:41 2013] : Mardram: ooc groan
[Wed Apr 17 21:14:09 2013] : Mardram: ooc ask Craig! I just copied the name from the wiki
[Wed Apr 17 21:14:58 2013] : DM: ooc I never even noticed till Henry pointed it out! LOL
[Wed Apr 17 21:15:13 2013] : Mardram: ooc me neither
[Wed Apr 17 21:15:37 2013] : DM: ooc At least it's not uncle Arial
[Wed Apr 17 21:16:30 2013] : Mardram: ooc or Sans, the local Comic
[Wed Apr 17 21:17:16 2013] : Andrei: ooc what have I done?!
[Wed Apr 17 21:18:58 2013] : Andrei: "The temple is just South of the road, I think."
[Wed Apr 17 21:20:23 2013] : DM: OK...
[Wed Apr 17 21:20:29 2013] : Jin: "So we're going there straight away?'
[Wed Apr 17 21:21:06 2013] : Andrei: "Is there much point in doing anything else first? We'll just have to travel more."
[Wed Apr 17 21:21:25 2013] : DM: You travel at about 20 miles per day, but by the 15th mile you've reached the next coaching inn
[Wed Apr 17 21:21:31 2013] : Mardram: "We may as well have a look while we are out here"
[Wed Apr 17 21:21:54 2013] : DM: It's about 3pm
[Wed Apr 17 21:22:49 2013] : Mardram: "How far away is this temple?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:22:53 2013] : Linden: "I thought you said the old temple was near by and we've been riding for nearly a day."
[Wed Apr 17 21:23:39 2013] : Andrei: "It's near the road. About half a day's ride off the road, I think."
[Wed Apr 17 21:23:47 2013] : DM: ooc it's on the map for out of game purposes
[Wed Apr 17 21:23:54 2013] : Andrei: "Probably best to stop here for the nigh, I think."
[Wed Apr 17 21:24:02 2013] : Andrei: ooc "I think the adventure's THAT WAY!"
[Wed Apr 17 21:24:14 2013] : DM: ooc Maybe
[Wed Apr 17 21:24:20 2013] : Linden: "Agreed. Arriving after dusks sounds like it would be a bad idea."
[Wed Apr 17 21:24:20 2013] : Mardram: "I agree. No sense plodding around unfamiliar area in the dark"
[Wed Apr 17 21:24:39 2013] : DM: ooc but I'm more than happy to relocate this elsewhere if you decide to ignore it
[Wed Apr 17 21:25:26 2013] : Andrei: ooc I think we're stopping at the inn for the night :-)
[Wed Apr 17 21:25:46 2013] : DM: ooc I meant the temple
[Wed Apr 17 21:26:01 2013] : Linden: Liden stables his horse and heads into the common room.
[Wed Apr 17 21:26:02 2013] : Andrei: "Well, how about a restful night, we ask a couple of questions in the taproom, and see if we can do something in the morning."
[Wed Apr 17 21:26:04 2013] : DM: The inn is bog standard fare
[Wed Apr 17 21:26:39 2013] : DM: Overpriced for what it offers, but a safe haven in the wilderness and catering to a captive audience
[Wed Apr 17 21:27:05 2013] : Jin: "and get an ale, of course"
[Wed Apr 17 21:27:13 2013] : DM: The inkeeper is gross and grumpy
[Wed Apr 17 21:27:43 2013] : DM: He looks like your being there is a personal inconvenience and he never fails to show you discourtesy
[Wed Apr 17 21:27:58 2013] : Andrei: "Is there something we can do to help?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:08 2013] : Innkeep: "Now what?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:19 2013] : Andrei: Andrei is as charming as he can manage Diplomacy: [1d20(2) + 19] = 21
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:21 2013] : Linden: Liden retreats to a corner.
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:27 2013] : Andrei: ooc not very, apparently
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:28 2013] : Innkeep: "Yes, stay out of my way, and pay up front"
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:58 2013] : Mardram: Mardram find a seat near the fire
[Wed Apr 17 21:28:59 2013] : Andrei: "Well, we can do that. Ale all round, then, and if you show us where the rooms are we'll not trouble you."
[Wed Apr 17 21:29:27 2013] : Innkeep: "I'll show you the rooms when I'm good and ready"
[Wed Apr 17 21:29:45 2013] : Innkeep: "Sit down and when I gets a minute I'll see if we can water you"
[Wed Apr 17 21:30:16 2013] : Innkeep: Andrei, He grimaces at your smarmy face
[Wed Apr 17 21:30:24 2013] : Innkeep: ooc :-D
[Wed Apr 17 21:30:58 2013] : Andrei: Andrei sits down with the others "Something's strange here. Even though it's the only inn for a few miles, he shouldn't survive like this."
[Wed Apr 17 21:31:10 2013] : Innkeep: After a significant wait, he's managed to provide you all with some sour beer
[Wed Apr 17 21:31:12 2013] : Mardram: "I think you've made a new friend there, Andrei"
[Wed Apr 17 21:31:41 2013] : Innkeep: A short time later, a timid shrew of a woman shows you to some well used, but clean rooms
[Wed Apr 17 21:32:20 2013] : Andrei: "Looks like it, Mardram. He'll be singing my praises all week, I bet."
[Wed Apr 17 21:33:13 2013] : Linden: Linden takes oppotunity of the downtime and unclips his crossbow. Fetching a small bottle of oil from his pack he starts the lubricate the mechanism.
[Wed Apr 17 21:33:25 2013] : Mardram: Mardram rolls indulgently around the relatively large bed
[Wed Apr 17 21:34:37 2013] : Andrei: "Good evening, ma'am, and thank you"
[Wed Apr 17 21:34:46 2013] : Andrei: Andrei can't turn off the charm
[Wed Apr 17 21:34:47 2013] : Innkeep: downstairs, the sounds of the rest of the day's travellers arriving can be heard, you were the first of the day
[Wed Apr 17 21:35:16 2013] : Betsy: "you're welcome sir, I'm sure"
[Wed Apr 17 21:36:10 2013] : Linden: "Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to have any books on the local area? History and the like?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:36:26 2013] : Betsy: "When you're ready sirs, the common room is open, and we'll be happy to wait on you"
[Wed Apr 17 21:36:45 2013] : Andrei: "Is the innkeeper your husband, ma'am?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:36:47 2013] : Betsy: "Books sir, why no... Reading's not for the likes of us sir"
[Wed Apr 17 21:36:52 2013] : Mardram: Mardram heads down to the common room to see whats happening
[Wed Apr 17 21:37:05 2013] : Betsy: "That grumpy old goat, no sir"
[Wed Apr 17 21:37:20 2013] : Betsy: "I'd never..."
[Wed Apr 17 21:37:37 2013] : Betsy: "Well, his wife sir, missing about a year ago"
[Wed Apr 17 21:37:38 2013] : Andrei: Andrei whispers conspiratorially. "Is he Always this cheerful?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:38:11 2013] : Betsy: "As I say, worse since his wife... Oh, but I dhouldn't gossip"
[Wed Apr 17 21:38:38 2013] : Andrei: "You can tell me, ma'am, I'm good with quiet. And we might be able to help."
[Wed Apr 17 21:38:39 2013] : Linden: "What happened to his wife?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:38:45 2013] : Betsy: "I have a job, and there's scant work for thos of us lives in this here hamlet other than farmwork"
[Wed Apr 17 21:38:48 2013] : Andrei: Diplomacy: [1d20(20) + 19] = 39
[Wed Apr 17 21:39:08 2013] : Betsy: "But you looks like a man I can trust"
[Wed Apr 17 21:39:47 2013] : Betsy: "Well sir, she was headed to Barcanton, and just disappeared... Not the first and not the last, or so I've heard"
[Wed Apr 17 21:40:07 2013] : Betsy: "Never got there, or so the Alderman there says"
[Wed Apr 17 21:40:10 2013] : Jin: "More than just the wife have disappeared?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:40:33 2013] : Jin: "is that what you're saying?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:40:36 2013] : Betsy: "I don't know too much about these folk that drift through.. begging your pardons"
[Wed Apr 17 21:40:56 2013] : Andrei: "Oh, now that's a terrible thing to happen to any man. Is there anyone who knows someone? Anyone who might talk to us?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:41:16 2013] : Betsy: "But we sometimes hears as someone set off either from here or to here and as doesn't get to wheres they are going"
[Wed Apr 17 21:41:53 2013] : Betsy: "Other than old Patters, the keep here, no sir"
[Wed Apr 17 21:42:06 2013] : Betsy: "No other locals have been so unfortunate..."
[Wed Apr 17 21:42:36 2013] : Betsy: "of course, some would have tell that she never did go missing, and took herself off to that there Dorduk"
[Wed Apr 17 21:42:38 2013] : Andrei: "Hmm. Well, how long ago was it that she vanished?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:42:51 2013] : Andrei: "Hey now, Dorduk's not such a bad city really."
[Wed Apr 17 21:43:05 2013] : Betsy: "A year ago sir, begging your pardon"
[Wed Apr 17 21:43:29 2013] : Betsy: "I wouldn't know about that sir, all those people living right on top of each other..."
[Wed Apr 17 21:43:45 2013] : Betsy: "No pigs or cattle to keep the house warm?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:44:06 2013] : Betsy: "Taint natural if you ask me"
[Wed Apr 17 21:44:26 2013] : ** Andrei found the F1 macro key **
[Wed Apr 17 21:44:36 2013] : Linden: "(ug)"
[Wed Apr 17 21:44:39 2013] : Andrei: "Not always worried about natural, though, I'm not."
[Wed Apr 17 21:45:03 2013] : Betsy: "Well I mean, what do they do with all the..."
[Wed Apr 17 21:45:10 2013] : Betsy: She blushes and whispers
[Wed Apr 17 21:45:15 2013] : Betsy: "Night soil?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:45:49 2013] : Andrei: "There's ways and means, dear lady, ways and means." Andrei taps his finger alongside his nose, looking as mysterious as he can.
[Wed Apr 17 21:45:55 2013] : Betsy: "I can cope with pans, but we has a deep privy and the roses grows lovely at back of it"
[Wed Apr 17 21:46:15 2013] : Betsy: Betsy looks unconvinced
[Wed Apr 17 21:46:27 2013] : Betsy: sense motive?
[Wed Apr 17 21:47:06 2013] : Andrei: Sense Motive: [1d20(20) + 12] = 32
[Wed Apr 17 21:47:14 2013] : Betsy: You get the impression that she now thinks that you deal in human excrement
[Wed Apr 17 21:47:16 2013] : Andrei: ooc wow.
[Wed Apr 17 21:47:20 2013] : Mardram: ooc lol
[Wed Apr 17 21:47:36 2013] : Betsy: She shy's away a little
[Wed Apr 17 21:47:58 2013] : Betsy: "If you'll pardon me sir, I'd best be back to seeing to the new guests"
[Wed Apr 17 21:48:02 2013] : Mardram: ooc well he certainly talks shit :)
[Wed Apr 17 21:48:09 2013] : Andrei: "Oh, no, not like that. Not my ways, and not my means. To tell you the truth, I think there's a mix of big underground rivers and a bit of magic."
[Wed Apr 17 21:48:14 2013] : Andrei: ooc :-p
[Wed Apr 17 21:48:33 2013] : Andrei: "Thank you for your help, Betsy. You've been most generous with your time."
[Wed Apr 17 21:48:40 2013] : Betsy: Perception check
[Wed Apr 17 21:49:32 2013] : Linden: [1d20(14) + 4] = 18
[Wed Apr 17 21:49:35 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(20) + 12] = 32
[Wed Apr 17 21:49:44 2013] : Andrei: ooc someone else needs to roll some 20s now
[Wed Apr 17 21:49:50 2013] : Betsy: You both clearly see her taking a long look at her hands, then laving them in a bowl in the corridor
[Wed Apr 17 21:50:20 2013] : Andrei: Andrei grins at Linden. "Well, that didn't have quite the effect I was thinking of."
[Wed Apr 17 21:50:22 2013] : Betsy: She catches you glancing, then flushes red and departs
[Wed Apr 17 21:50:44 2013] : Linden: "Does your charm always have that affect?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:50:53 2013] : Betsy: ooc well I'm liking this so far :-D
[Wed Apr 17 21:51:09 2013] : Linden: "Anyway, let's head down to the common room and see if anyone else has any information."
[Wed Apr 17 21:51:35 2013] : Linden: Linden puts away his oil and tools and clips his crossbow back on.
[Wed Apr 17 21:51:56 2013] : Linden: ooc how many times do I need to say crossbow before one of you asks about it?
[Wed Apr 17 21:52:17 2013] : Andrei: ooc if you keep fiddling with it, we'll keep being polite :-p
[Wed Apr 17 21:52:21 2013] : Betsy: OK, you head down, and with Patters busy being grumpy at other people, you are ably served by other girls, with the conspicuous absence of Betsy in this room
[Wed Apr 17 21:52:37 2013] : Betsy: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 17 21:53:05 2013] : Andrei: Andrei asks, quietly and unobtrusively, if there's anything else to go on about the disappearances
[Wed Apr 17 21:53:11 2013] : Jin: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 17 21:53:38 2013] : Jin: Jin observes Linden clipping his crossbow and asks
[Wed Apr 17 21:54:09 2013] : Jin: "Linden? This is a strange weapon you have here. A crossbow...but not exactly? Or am I not seeing right?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:55:10 2013] : Betsy: ooc gather information is now a diplomacy roll... cue another 20
[Wed Apr 17 21:55:15 2013] : Linden: "Ah, this is the Seeker Repeating Crossbow Mark One. A prototype I design... er... bought out west from this, uh, specialized weaponsmithy."
[Wed Apr 17 21:55:57 2013] : Linden: "See how this box magazine slots into the mechanism like so and then...." *Kachunk*
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:02 2013] : Mardram: "How is it different form a normal crossbow?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:08 2013] : Linden: Linden accidentally shoots the table.
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:18 2013] : Jin: "Hey!"
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:25 2013] : Jin: "Oh, that scared me"
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:26 2013] : Andrei: Andrei does his best to stifle a yelp
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:35 2013] : Betsy: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 17 21:56:37 2013] : Linden: "Er. Then crank this lever here and it's ready to fire again."
[Wed Apr 17 21:57:17 2013] : Linden: "It is, of course, enchanted for greater accuracy and stopping power and it will seek out foes hiding behind cover."
[Wed Apr 17 21:57:38 2013] : Jin: "Like... the dart will follow them around the corner or something?"
[Wed Apr 17 21:57:51 2013] : Linden: "Well, not quite like that..."
[Wed Apr 17 21:58:05 2013] : Jin: Jin looks more closely at the sweapon and tries to understand how ti works...
[Wed Apr 17 21:58:19 2013] : Jin: [1d20(3)] = 3
[Wed Apr 17 21:58:30 2013] : Jin: ooc that would be an intelligence roll
[Wed Apr 17 21:58:51 2013] : Jin: ...with the very limited knowledge she has of ranged weapons
[Wed Apr 17 21:58:58 2013] : Betsy: ooc I'll let you judge the result ;-)
[Wed Apr 17 21:59:18 2013] : Linden: Linden talks about levers and cogs and pivot points. Forces and stored energy in the bow arms. You are baffled.
[Wed Apr 17 21:59:40 2013] : Jin: "I am not sure I understand it all, but what I gather, is that you...well your specialised weaponsmithy seem to know what you're talking about"
[Wed Apr 17 21:59:43 2013] : Mardram: Mardrams eyes start to glaze over
[Wed Apr 17 21:59:47 2013] : Linden: "Or least that what the smithy who sold it to me said..."
[Wed Apr 17 21:59:55 2013] : Jin: "I'm the hack and slash girl, not much room for intricate difficult mechanisms"
[Wed Apr 17 22:00:27 2013] : Jin: "But I know my sword in and out"
[Wed Apr 17 22:00:37 2013] : Jin: Jin smiles at Linden
[Wed Apr 17 22:01:14 2013] : Andrei: Andrei nods, knowingly. "Well, it's clearly about the rebound catching on the - what was the term? escapement pivot?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:01:24 2013] : Linden: "A correctly balanced blade with engineered guards and blade cross-section is no less complex than this."
[Wed Apr 17 22:01:29 2013] : Andrei: It seems that he knows at least the basics of what Linden's talking about.
[Wed Apr 17 22:01:29 2013] : Linden: "Or so I've read."
[Wed Apr 17 22:01:41 2013] : Andrei: Bluff: [1d20(16) + 23] = 39
[Wed Apr 17 22:02:19 2013] : Andrei: "Jin, I think you know it in and out of your enemy's vulnerable parts, by the way you walk."
[Wed Apr 17 22:02:35 2013] : Linden: "Well, something like that yes. I see you know your weapons better than your charm barmaids."
[Wed Apr 17 22:02:56 2013] : Mardram: "He's got you there Andrei"
[Wed Apr 17 22:03:05 2013] : Jin: "Indeed. Although I cannot make a blade better. I don't know these gross sections you're talking about, I can tell you just by having it in the hand whether a blade wis well or poorly forged"
[Wed Apr 17 22:03:25 2013] : Jin: ooc gross section not a typo :
[Wed Apr 17 22:03:28 2013] : Jin: ooc :P
[Wed Apr 17 22:03:53 2013] : Andrei: "Ah, but Linden: do you know your weapons better than your targets? If the best you can do is shoot a defenseless table, it's really just a complicated and dangerous ornament!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:04:23 2013] : Betsy: ooc ROFL
[Wed Apr 17 22:04:25 2013] : Linden: ooc zing!
[Wed Apr 17 22:04:33 2013] : Jin: ooc I'm loving this to death.
[Wed Apr 17 22:05:11 2013] : Linden: "Ha! In truth I'm more skilled with my illusions and magic than the crossbow."
[Wed Apr 17 22:05:20 2013] : Andrei: ooc we'll be too busy bantering to actually kill anything.
[Wed Apr 17 22:05:29 2013] : Mardram: "I confess I know little of these instruments or how they work"
[Wed Apr 17 22:05:41 2013] : Betsy: ooc gather information is a diplomacy roll if you want to spend the evening trying to find out more
[Wed Apr 17 22:05:56 2013] : Andrei: "Ah, I see. It was an illusory table, and you were shooting at the dangerous kobold hiding under the magic."
[Wed Apr 17 22:06:08 2013] : Andrei: ooc I'll get there :-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:06:30 2013] : Jin: ooc I have no node, not killing anything/anyone tonight
[Wed Apr 17 22:06:37 2013] : Linden: Linden frowns slightly.
[Wed Apr 17 22:07:21 2013] : Mardram: "It didn't sound like an illusion when the bolt hit it"
[Wed Apr 17 22:07:22 2013] : Linden: "Enough, your words are no match for mine. Trucee!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:07:35 2013] : Andrei: "But then, I suppose we had better speak to people other than each other, if we want to find what's happening with these disappearing travellers."
[Wed Apr 17 22:07:43 2013] : Linden: ooc did I get that backwards? Doh
[Wed Apr 17 22:08:01 2013] : Andrei: ooc it just comes across as a cocky elf not wanting to admit defeat, so keep it :-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:08:02 2013] : Linden: "Enough, mine words are no match for yours. Truce?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:08:21 2013] : Andrei: "A truce for this evening, my friend, and a rematch tomorrow."
[Wed Apr 17 22:08:43 2013] : Andrei: Andrei grins, widely, and begins mingling with the other travellers.
[Wed Apr 17 22:09:10 2013] : Andrei: He converses, letting the conversation "drift" to the topic of people going missing.
[Wed Apr 17 22:09:23 2013] : Andrei: Diplomacy to gather information: [1d20(17) + 19] = 36
[Wed Apr 17 22:10:20 2013] : Andrei: ooc I love "Betsy ... Killing you all"
[Wed Apr 17 22:10:21 2013] : Betsy: ooc keep chatting
[Wed Apr 17 22:10:53 2013] : DM: ooc I'll just throw snippets into the chat
[Wed Apr 17 22:11:00 2013] : Andrei: ooc OK :-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:11:14 2013] : Mardram: ooc Betsy is killing us all? Better get the Detect Poison node working
[Wed Apr 17 22:12:26 2013] : DM: OK, amongst other things you find out that Patters wife may have been sleeping with the farrier, or the stableboy, and/or one or more of the maids, or several of the regular merchants...
[Wed Apr 17 22:12:57 2013] : Mardram: ooc how busy is the common room?
[Wed Apr 17 22:13:02 2013] : DM: Her reputation was not one of virtue and purity
[Wed Apr 17 22:13:31 2013] : Andrei: "Not that I'd blame her, with old man Grumpy at home, but if she got caught that much... it's a wonder there's not a houseful of children around the place!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:13:50 2013] : DM: ooc 40 or so travellers... 6 parties of various types including yours (mostly merchants and caravan guards)
[Wed Apr 17 22:14:25 2013] : DM: there's no suggestion that she got caught at anything
[Wed Apr 17 22:14:34 2013] : DM: there's no suggestion that she got caught at anything
[Wed Apr 17 22:14:38 2013] : Andrei: ooc no, but all that suspicion...
[Wed Apr 17 22:14:47 2013] : DM: Just *a lot* of rumours
[Wed Apr 17 22:15:33 2013] : Andrei: "I'm suspicious about this. All these rumours, and no clear source or evidence. If she was doing that much, there'd be some history!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:15:37 2013] : Mardram: Mardram goes to each group in turn offering his services as a healer
[Wed Apr 17 22:15:52 2013] : DM: There's not been any other rumoured disappearances for a month or so
[Wed Apr 17 22:16:26 2013] : DM: Mardram, one man asks if you'll look at his private parts
[Wed Apr 17 22:16:26 2013] : Linden: "If it was just her who disapeared I would not think it was anything unusual. But..."
[Wed Apr 17 22:17:24 2013] : DM: The only thing that anyone is sure of is that a merchant called Hansford disappeared six months ago...
[Wed Apr 17 22:17:41 2013] : Andrei: "A good point, Linden. And she wasn't the first nor the last, Betsy said. So who'd stand to gain by starting those rumours? Always look for where the money is."
[Wed Apr 17 22:18:04 2013] : DM: The rest are speculative, 'I've not seen them for a while, and I'd have expected to by now' rumours
[Wed Apr 17 22:19:33 2013] : Mardram: Mardram assists Mr private parts while engaging him in conversation about the missing people
[Wed Apr 17 22:19:37 2013] : Andrei: "I think we can stand to do something."
[Wed Apr 17 22:19:46 2013] : Mardram: Heal: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25
[Wed Apr 17 22:19:53 2013] : DM: ooc *cough*
[Wed Apr 17 22:20:27 2013] : Andrei: "The only obvious lead is that old temple, but there's not as many vanishments as I'd have expected for a busy death-cult."
[Wed Apr 17 22:22:30 2013] : Linden: "I do not know much about the Makash. Should be do some research at the library in Dorduk?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:22:51 2013] : DM: Some of the talk in the inn revolves around the weather... it seems it's a little unseasonal to get a hard frost in April in these parts
[Wed Apr 17 22:23:19 2013] : DM: One merchant lost 50% of his rose crop
[Wed Apr 17 22:23:22 2013] : Mardram: "Alas sir I cannot cure this."
[Wed Apr 17 22:23:55 2013] : DM: The man looks dejected and puts away his manky member, mumbling abou mummers
[Wed Apr 17 22:24:00 2013] : Andrei: "Has it been a particularly bad winter? It could be that people just froze to death, but over that much time?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:24:34 2013] : Andrei: "Linden, that might be helpful, but that's more than a week's travel there and back, let alon the time you need!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:24:49 2013] : DM: "The winter was normal, it's jus a bi cold this week is all... some people lose out when that happens. Some do better"
[Wed Apr 17 22:24:52 2013] : Linden: "Oh. I hadn't considered that."
[Wed Apr 17 22:25:45 2013] : Andrei: "Well, next time the library's nearby, some research would be helpful, but we might do better just... well, I hate to say charging in, because that sounds so inelegant."
[Wed Apr 17 22:25:46 2013] : DM: ooc I meant to mention Patters' wife was called Harriet
[Wed Apr 17 22:26:03 2013] : Andrei: ooc Hatty Patters? :-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:26:27 2013] : Mardram: "No need to charge in. We can just have a little look around"
[Wed Apr 17 22:27:58 2013] : DM: ooc sorry, boring weather conversation is the staple for farmers and merchants, but Andrei's roll gets warts and all ;-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:28:39 2013] : Linden: ooc I presume we're getting to the close of the evening by now?
[Wed Apr 17 22:28:55 2013] : DM: OK, nothing else happens and you all manage to rest soundly in the beds
[Wed Apr 17 22:28:58 2013] : Andrei: ooc Andrei's going to roll 1's and 2's in combat, just you wait.
[Wed Apr 17 22:30:03 2013] : Linden: ooc ride out towards the temple in the morning?
[Wed Apr 17 22:30:19 2013] : Andrei: ooc yep
[Wed Apr 17 22:30:34 2013] : DM: The morning is a bright, but rather cold one. The ground is hard with frost
[Wed Apr 17 22:31:19 2013] : DM: You all set off along the road again, horse and pony breath steaming in the cold air
[Wed Apr 17 22:32:08 2013] : DM: After about 3 miles along the road, with small rolling hills to either side...
[Wed Apr 17 22:32:20 2013] : DM: Perception checks
[Wed Apr 17 22:32:27 2013] : Linden: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20
[Wed Apr 17 22:32:32 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Apr 17 22:33:19 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(16) + 12] = 28
[Wed Apr 17 22:34:57 2013] : Linden: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8 (untrained)
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:27 2013] : Jin: ooc I'm off in a sec, my eyes are closing and I'm flying to Milan in the morning, still need to prepare suitcase and stuff.
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:36 2013] : Linden: "I hear something to the south."
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:38 2013] : Andrei: "There's something tapping stones together: can you hear it?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:49 2013] : Andrei: ooc nn Del; good to have you back!
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:55 2013] : DM: ooc Night Del
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:57 2013] : Jin: ooc night!
[Wed Apr 17 22:35:59 2013] : Mardram: ooc gn Del
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:02 2013] : Linden: ooc 'night
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:02 2013] : DM: ooc enjoy Italia
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:11 2013] : Mardram: "Tapping stones?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:11 2013] : Jin: ooc gone 4 days, I can't wait!
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:12 2013] : Andrei: "It's like teetch chattering. Like someone's cold, but bigger."
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:23 2013] : Mardram: Mardram listens again
[Wed Apr 17 22:36:24 2013] : Jin (exit): 22:36
[Wed Apr 17 22:37:01 2013] : Linden: "Uh?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:37:06 2013] : DM: It's coming from a ditch to the south of the road, about 60 ft away
[Wed Apr 17 22:38:01 2013] : Andrei: "Can you watch my horse for me, please?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:38:12 2013] : Linden: "Sure."
[Wed Apr 17 22:38:29 2013] : Linden: Linden dismounts to hold his and Andrei's horses.
[Wed Apr 17 22:38:41 2013] : Andrei: Andrei slips down off his horse, and turns his elaborately embroidered cloak inside out to reveal a tattered-looking, dull brown other side.
[Wed Apr 17 22:39:08 2013] : DM: ooc thanks David
[Wed Apr 17 22:39:18 2013] : Andrei: He then crawls low along the ground towards the ditch.
[Wed Apr 17 22:39:28 2013] : Andrei: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Apr 17 22:39:43 2013] : DM: [1d20(10)] = 10
[Wed Apr 17 22:39:57 2013] : DM: You go un-noticed
[Wed Apr 17 22:40:01 2013] : Mardram: ooc my marker should be an M
[Wed Apr 17 22:40:16 2013] : DM: ooc I only have a Donessh
[Wed Apr 17 22:40:29 2013] : DM: ooc A = Altraminus
[Wed Apr 17 22:40:39 2013] : Mardram: ooc ah ok
[Wed Apr 17 22:41:47 2013] : DM: ooc I'll describe, but only Andrei can see...
[Wed Apr 17 22:41:52 2013] : DM: Peering over the edge of the ditch, you spot what you guess to be a girl of about 7-9, huddled in a fur cloak shivering
[Wed Apr 17 22:42:32 2013] : DM: She has not seen you
[Wed Apr 17 22:43:01 2013] : Andrei: Andrei backs up a bit, and beckons the others to join him.
[Wed Apr 17 22:43:12 2013] : Andrei: "Are you OK?" he asks, quietly.
[Wed Apr 17 22:43:19 2013] : Andrei: ooc this is clearly a bad idea, but hey.
[Wed Apr 17 22:43:36 2013] : DM: You hear a whimpering
[Wed Apr 17 22:43:50 2013] : Linden: Linden leads the horses closer.
[Wed Apr 17 22:43:59 2013] : Mardram: Mardarm dismounts and leads his pony over
[Wed Apr 17 22:44:01 2013] : DM: "uh, uh... no, stay away... you can't have him..."
[Wed Apr 17 22:44:29 2013] : Andrei: "We're not going to take anyone away, lass."
[Wed Apr 17 22:44:33 2013] : DM: Perception check for anyone close
[Wed Apr 17 22:44:40 2013] : Andrei: "I know what it's like to be cold."
[Wed Apr 17 22:44:46 2013] : Andrei: Perception: [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed Apr 17 22:44:54 2013] : Andrei: ooc my run had to end some time...
[Wed Apr 17 22:45:24 2013] : DM: you hear mumbling interspersed with racking sobs
[Wed Apr 17 22:45:27 2013] : Linden: [1d20(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Apr 17 22:45:33 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Apr 17 22:47:13 2013] : Mardram: (quietly) "I think something has happened to her family and she's all alone here"
[Wed Apr 17 22:47:24 2013] : Linden: "Maybe someone back at the inn will know who she is?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:47:51 2013] : Mardram: "Do you want to come with us? You look near frozen down there"
[Wed Apr 17 22:47:51 2013] : Andrei: "What happened to you?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:48:01 2013] : Andrei: ooc how deep's the ditch?
[Wed Apr 17 22:48:17 2013] : DM: She looks up at you with tears in her glazed eyes, stands and flees south
[Wed Apr 17 22:48:43 2013] : DM: ooc 10 ft, but easily sloped on both sides
[Wed Apr 17 22:48:48 2013] : Mardram: "Are we that scary?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:48:57 2013] : Andrei: "Or is it something behind us?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:49:09 2013] : Andrei: Andrei turns, looking terrified
[Wed Apr 17 22:49:13 2013] : DM: Inititative
[Wed Apr 17 22:49:27 2013] : Mardram: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21
[Wed Apr 17 22:49:40 2013] : Linden: [1d20(4) + 6] = 10
[Wed Apr 17 22:50:26 2013] : Andrei: Init: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Apr 17 22:50:27 2013] : DM: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Apr 17 22:50:33 2013] : DM: Madram?
[Wed Apr 17 22:50:56 2013] : Mardram: Mardram looks around
[Wed Apr 17 22:51:01 2013] : Mardram: Perception: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Apr 17 22:51:34 2013] : DM: nothing out of the ordinary, there's a fur cloak on the floor about 30 feet away ;-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:51:51 2013] : DM: ooc and a girl fleeing about 100 ft away :-D
[Wed Apr 17 22:51:56 2013] : Mardram: "whats that over there?"
[Wed Apr 17 22:52:06 2013] : Mardram: Points to the cloak
[Wed Apr 17 22:52:29 2013] : Mardram: ooc no way I'm catching her!
[Wed Apr 17 22:53:00 2013] : DM: ooc you have a pony!
[Wed Apr 17 22:53:19 2013] : Mardram: ooc which I'd have to mount and get past the ditch
[Wed Apr 17 22:53:28 2013] : Andrei: ooc the ditch isn't really an obstacle
[Wed Apr 17 22:53:33 2013] : Mardram: Mardram mounts up and tries to give chase
[Wed Apr 17 22:53:43 2013] : Andrei: ooc a small child climbed it without difficulty :-)
[Wed Apr 17 22:54:17 2013] : Mardram: Done
[Wed Apr 17 22:54:31 2013] : DM: Andrei?
[Wed Apr 17 22:55:18 2013] : Andrei: Andrei assumes the cloak isn't going anywhere, so he mounts up and begins riding after the child.
[Wed Apr 17 22:55:42 2013] : Andrei: "Come back! We're here to help!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:55:45 2013] : Andrei: ooc done
[Wed Apr 17 22:55:47 2013] : DM: Linden?
[Wed Apr 17 22:56:18 2013] : Linden: Linden moves to the cloak and picks it up.
[Wed Apr 17 22:56:27 2013] : Linden: "Hey! You forgot your cloak."
[Wed Apr 17 22:56:43 2013] : Linden: Done
[Wed Apr 17 22:56:55 2013] : DM: It's warm from residual body heat, it's a decent quality fur cloak
[Wed Apr 17 22:57:16 2013] : DM: The girl flees at top speed, clearly terrified
[Wed Apr 17 22:57:29 2013] : Linden: Appraise: [1d20(19) + 14] = 33
[Wed Apr 17 22:57:36 2013] : DM: 120 ft
[Wed Apr 17 22:58:36 2013] : DM: It's a good quality fur, as worn by a wealthy merchant. It's probably worth 20 GP
[Wed Apr 17 22:58:41 2013] : DM: Mardram?
[Wed Apr 17 22:59:09 2013] : Mardram: Mardram gees his pony on
[Wed Apr 17 22:59:16 2013] : Mardram: 160ft top speed
[Wed Apr 17 22:59:50 2013] : Mardram: "Please stop!"
[Wed Apr 17 22:59:53 2013] : Mardram: done
[Wed Apr 17 23:00:02 2013] : DM: You're 20 ft from her
[Wed Apr 17 23:00:09 2013] : DM: Andrei?
[Wed Apr 17 23:00:49 2013] : DM: ooc red line is a rip in the map
[Wed Apr 17 23:01:02 2013] : Andrei: Andrei's horse is a bit faster than the pony, and he gallops after the girl as well. "We want to help!" Diplomacy [1d20(5) + 19] = 24
[Wed Apr 17 23:01:13 2013] : Andrei: ooc obviously there's something of a circumstance penalty here
[Wed Apr 17 23:01:14 2013] : Andrei: ooc done
[Wed Apr 17 23:01:58 2013] : DM: She's not swayed by your call, but you catch up to her at a gallop
[Wed Apr 17 23:02:29 2013] : DM: You can go up to 20 ft beyond if you wish
[Wed Apr 17 23:02:54 2013] : Andrei: ooc going beyond
[Wed Apr 17 23:03:05 2013] : DM: position yourself please
[Wed Apr 17 23:03:11 2013] : DM: Linden?
[Wed Apr 17 23:03:44 2013] : Linden: Linden mounts his horse and rides after, cantering not galloping.
[Wed Apr 17 23:03:49 2013] : Linden: Done
[Wed Apr 17 23:04:18 2013] : DM: The girl Runs south-west
[Wed Apr 17 23:05:18 2013] : DM: You're easily catching up now you're on horses, but she's fleeing in panic still, so you need to either let her go, or stop her
[Wed Apr 17 23:05:28 2013] : DM: Mardram
[Wed Apr 17 23:06:37 2013] : Mardram: Mardram changes course and tries to guide her back round towards Andrei
[Wed Apr 17 23:07:13 2013] : Mardram: done
[Wed Apr 17 23:07:15 2013] : DM: Andrei?
[Wed Apr 17 23:08:14 2013] : Andrei: Andrei lets his horse slow down a little
[Wed Apr 17 23:08:39 2013] : Andrei: "We'd like to help you. We want to make it better."
[Wed Apr 17 23:08:48 2013] : Andrei: ooc should I roll Diplomacy?
[Wed Apr 17 23:09:45 2013] : DM: ooc You can't recheck IIRC
[Wed Apr 17 23:09:51 2013] : Andrei: ooc OK then
[Wed Apr 17 23:09:53 2013] : Andrei: done
[Wed Apr 17 23:10:03 2013] : DM: Linden?
[Wed Apr 17 23:11:13 2013] : Linden: Linden casts Major Image and an illusion of a merchant's caravan wagon appears within sight of the girl. He hopes the girl will seek shelter in the familar object.
[Wed Apr 17 23:11:25 2013] : Linden: DC18 to disbelieve.
[Wed Apr 17 23:11:37 2013] : Linden: ooc DC20
[Wed Apr 17 23:11:39 2013] : DM: [1d20(15) + 3] = 18
[Wed Apr 17 23:11:46 2013] : DM: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 17 23:11:55 2013] : Linden: ooc forgot spell focus and greater spell focus
[Wed Apr 17 23:12:15 2013] : DM: She sees the caravan and is taken in, she runs to it and shelters as if climbing in
[Wed Apr 17 23:12:25 2013] : Linden: Done
[Wed Apr 17 23:12:36 2013] : DM: Mardram?
[Wed Apr 17 23:13:22 2013] : Mardram: ooc I assume I can see it too?
[Wed Apr 17 23:13:32 2013] : DM: will save
[Wed Apr 17 23:13:45 2013] : Mardram: Will: [1d20(20) + 6] = 26
[Wed Apr 17 23:14:02 2013] : DM: You can see it, but you can clearly discern that it's figmentary
[Wed Apr 17 23:14:22 2013] : Mardram: Madram approaches the obvious illusion
[Wed Apr 17 23:15:01 2013] : DM: The girl is rocking herself inside, steam rising from her hot body in the cold air
[Wed Apr 17 23:15:12 2013] : Mardram: ooc trying to figure out how to say "please let us help" without sounding really needy
[Wed Apr 17 23:15:46 2013] : DM: "It's OK, we're safe in here Carolus, we're safe... Daddy's coming back in a minute"
[Wed Apr 17 23:16:00 2013] : Mardram: "Its ok, its ok. Nothings going to hurt you here"
[Wed Apr 17 23:16:22 2013] : DM: She seems to be a little calmer in the illusory caravan
[Wed Apr 17 23:16:36 2013] : DM: She lets you approach
[Wed Apr 17 23:17:03 2013] : Mardram: Mardram sits down beside her
[Wed Apr 17 23:17:31 2013] : DM: "Water... do you have any water?"
[Wed Apr 17 23:17:56 2013] : DM: you can smell urine and faeces when you get close
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:06 2013] : Mardram: "Cup your hands together"
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:24 2013] : DM: She had a true fight or flight response
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:34 2013] : DM: She does as asked
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:39 2013] : Mardram: Mardram fills her hands with water
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:41 2013] : Mardram: Create Water: Level 0 - generates up to 14 gallons of wholesome, drinkable water, just like clean rain water
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:44 2013] : Mardram: Create Water: Level 0 - generates up to 14 gallons of wholesome, drinkable water, just like clean rain water
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:46 2013] : Mardram: Create Water: Level 0 - generates up to 14 gallons of wholesome, drinkable water, just like clean rain water
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:54 2013] : Mardram: ooc obviously not 14 gallons!
[Wed Apr 17 23:18:58 2013] : Linden: ooc Madram drowns the girl ;)
[Wed Apr 17 23:19:06 2013] : Linden: ooc Mardram
[Wed Apr 17 23:19:11 2013] : Mardram: ooc up to! up to!
[Wed Apr 17 23:19:16 2013] : DM: ooc you other two can approach
[Wed Apr 17 23:19:37 2013] : Linden: Linden aproaches slows and places the cloak around her shoulders.
[Wed Apr 17 23:19:38 2013] : DM: Mardram fills her hands with water, and she drinks
[Wed Apr 17 23:19:44 2013] : DM: GAME END