Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 6 19:44:28 2013] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 6 19:45:10 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc pff, plot is optional
[Wed Mar 6 19:46:01 2013] : Miriam: ooc We seem to do reasonably well when we just lose the plot ;)
[Wed Mar 6 19:46:07 2013] : DM: Your efforts to stablize the region have not gone unnoticed, the colonel had some good things to say about your efforts in his reports and it is only a few short weeks when an rider from the army arrives at the inn your staying at with a dispatch.
[Wed Mar 6 19:46:32 2013] : Miriam: Miriam is enjoying an ale
[Wed Mar 6 19:46:44 2013] : DM: The rider waits for your reply as you read it.
[Wed Mar 6 19:47:05 2013] : Trantor: Trantor spends the downtime training Arol
[Wed Mar 6 19:47:12 2013] : Trantor: Handle Companion: [1d20(2) + 11] = 13
[Wed Mar 6 19:47:16 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn reads the dispatch
[Wed Mar 6 19:47:25 2013] : Trantor: ooc not vey successfully!
[Wed Mar 6 19:47:33 2013] : Trantor: Handle Companion: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22
[Wed Mar 6 19:47:49 2013] : Trantor: Trantor fares better in the second week
[Wed Mar 6 19:48:18 2013] : DM: "A watch post and its garrison of 16 have failed to make their regular monthly report. No rider or messenger bird has been sent for over 6 weeks.
[Wed Mar 6 19:49:12 2013] : Miriam: "16? That's a lot of people to just get lost"
[Wed Mar 6 19:49:14 2013] : DM: "You will travel to this watch post on the northen border of our kingdom and ascertain the state of the garrison and gather what intelligence you can find."
[Wed Mar 6 19:49:39 2013] : Vaddyn: "Are we being given orders?"
[Wed Mar 6 19:50:10 2013] : DM: "The non-negotiable fee for your services is 500 gold pieces, half to be paid in advance."
[Wed Mar 6 19:50:23 2013] : Vaddyn: "Each or in total?"
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:09 2013] : DM: The message is signed Brigadier Janson.
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:14 2013] : DM: ooc total
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:16 2013] : Aeleva: "I like the straightforwardness here"
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:20 2013] : Aeleva: "non negotiable"
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:32 2013] : Aeleva: "you take half the fun of the adventure already!"
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:43 2013] : Miriam: "How about a 'please' though?"
[Wed Mar 6 19:51:47 2013] : Vaddyn: "The Brigadier does not mince his or her words"
[Wed Mar 6 19:52:28 2013] : Vaddyn: (to the waiting rider)"Have a seat my friend, we need a few moments to discuss this"
[Wed Mar 6 19:52:43 2013] : Rider Eswire: "I am to await your reply. Sorry about the tone, the higher ranks are used or ordering people about."
[Wed Mar 6 19:53:17 2013] : Aeleva: "You don't have to be sorry, not your fault"
[Wed Mar 6 19:53:24 2013] : Aeleva: "Any hint you can give us though?"
[Wed Mar 6 19:53:32 2013] : Aeleva: "Or are you "just the messenger"?
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:06 2013] : Miriam: "Well, they must think everybody is a soldier"
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:30 2013] : Rider Eswire: "I can tell you that the borders whilst not a stable region have been relatively calm over the past two years. The tribes rarely raiding across the border."
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:45 2013] : Waltham (enter): 19:54
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:47 2013] : Vaddyn: "Heard any stories?"
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:51 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc hi henry
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:55 2013] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Waltham...
[Wed Mar 6 19:54:57 2013] : Waltham: ooc Hi all
[Wed Mar 6 19:55:00 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc hi
[Wed Mar 6 19:55:01 2013] : Waltham: ooc did I missmuch?
[Wed Mar 6 19:55:07 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc no
[Wed Mar 6 19:56:29 2013] : Rider Eswire: "There have been no reports of anything unusual, no major movements of the tribes and the last report from Watch Post Anvil Three was routine."
[Wed Mar 6 19:56:44 2013] : Aeleva: "OK, sounds like travel with a reward to me"
[Wed Mar 6 19:56:55 2013] : Rider Eswire: "All the other watch posts and forts in the borders have reported nothing unusual either."
[Wed Mar 6 19:57:02 2013] : Miriam: "What tribes are you talking about?"
[Wed Mar 6 19:57:32 2013] : Rider Eswire: "Goblinoid mostly, the live in the wild forests beyond the Boundary."
[Wed Mar 6 19:57:37 2013] : Waltham: "They're savage heathens, is what I've heard."
[Wed Mar 6 19:57:42 2013] : Miriam: ooc We received a missive to check up on 16 soldiers that haven't reported in weeks
[Wed Mar 6 19:58:26 2013] : Vaddyn: "It certainly sounds like we are interested"
[Wed Mar 6 19:59:21 2013] : Waltham: "We'll give it a go."
[Wed Mar 6 19:59:21 2013] : Trantor: "And the forests are worse for their presence, I'm sure"
[Wed Mar 6 20:00:02 2013] : Rider Eswire: The rider gets out a leather purse, clinking with coin. "I am authorized to pay you the advance. You should set out without delay."
[Wed Mar 6 20:00:13 2013] : Vaddyn: "I think you have your answer. Is there anyone we could talk to about maps etc"
[Wed Mar 6 20:01:13 2013] : Rider Eswire: He gets out a leather tube from his pack and draws out a map which he unrolls on the table.
[Wed Mar 6 20:01:44 2013] : Miriam: Miriam examines the map closely
[Wed Mar 6 20:02:52 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn does likewise
[Wed Mar 6 20:02:57 2013] : Rider Eswire: The border region is to the north, a sparely populated region of fortified farmsteads. A single port town is on the east coast and on the northern edge of the region is the Boundary.
[Wed Mar 6 20:03:38 2013] : Aeleva: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 6 20:03:42 2013] : Rider Eswire: The Boundary is a line of watch posts, and fortlets guarding the strategic points along a long escarpemet stretching from the coast to the mountains in the west.
[Wed Mar 6 20:04:18 2013] : Vaddyn: "I assume we can't keep this?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:04:39 2013] : Rider Eswire: "This copy is yours."
[Wed Mar 6 20:05:00 2013] : Vaddyn: "Ah, thank you very much."
[Wed Mar 6 20:05:22 2013] : Waltham: "That will be very useful."
[Wed Mar 6 20:05:30 2013] : Miriam: "It sure will"
[Wed Mar 6 20:05:35 2013] : Rider Eswire: The fortlets are named: Anvil, Buckler, Cutlass, and Dagger. The watch posts between then are numbered.
[Wed Mar 6 20:06:20 2013] : Rider Eswire: Anvil is the westernmost fortlet at the edge of the mountains.
[Wed Mar 6 20:06:43 2013] : Vaddyn: "And thats our destination, yes?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:07:54 2013] : Rider Eswire: "Yes, you can either take you longer coast road and the millitary road along the boundary, or you can take this little used drover's road to the west, directly to Fort Anvil."
[Wed Mar 6 20:08:04 2013] : Rider Eswire: He points out the routes on the map.
[Wed Mar 6 20:08:41 2013] : Trantor: "Well, the direct route sounds better to me"
[Wed Mar 6 20:08:44 2013] : Waltham: "The direct route ha its appeal. Why is it little used?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:08:58 2013] : Trantor: "We're more likely to have fun that way"
[Wed Mar 6 20:10:15 2013] : Rider Eswire: "The farmers now ship their stock by sea, driving the eastwards to Northpoint."
[Wed Mar 6 20:11:14 2013] : Miriam: "How long a walk it is?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:11:41 2013] : Vaddyn: "How long are both roads?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:12:15 2013] : Rider Eswire: "Four days ride to the border region then 3-5 days depending on the condition of the roads."
[Wed Mar 6 20:15:23 2013] : Rider Eswire: "One final point. You are required to be cautious and discreete, information about this must not leak."
[Wed Mar 6 20:15:47 2013] : Vaddyn: "Do the other forts know?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:16:11 2013] : Aeleva: "Heh. I was thinking we should really be singing it in Inns along the way!"
[Wed Mar 6 20:16:21 2013] : Aeleva: "or rather, Vaddyn. I can't sing."
[Wed Mar 6 20:17:14 2013] : Rider Eswire: "Very few people are aware of this incident."
[Wed Mar 6 20:17:35 2013] : Vaddyn: "The fort, the fort has fallen..."
[Wed Mar 6 20:17:49 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc sense motive.
[Wed Mar 6 20:17:58 2013] : Vaddyn: Sense Motive: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7
[Wed Mar 6 20:18:05 2013] : Trantor: Sense Motive: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Mar 6 20:19:03 2013] : Miriam: Sense Motive: [1d20(14) + 0] = 14
[Wed Mar 6 20:19:29 2013] : Miriam: "Can we be serious for a moment longer?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:19:46 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc Waltham, Aeleva?
[Wed Mar 6 20:19:47 2013] : Aeleva: Sense Motive: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Mar 6 20:19:55 2013] : Aeleva: ooc sorry, thought it was just Bert
[Wed Mar 6 20:20:02 2013] : Waltham: ooc sorry
[Wed Mar 6 20:20:45 2013] : Waltham: [1d20(9) + 13] = 22
[Wed Mar 6 20:21:15 2013] : Miriam: ooc At last: a decent roll!
[Wed Mar 6 20:22:07 2013] : Waltham: "Have I seen you before? You seem a bit... familiar."
[Wed Mar 6 20:22:40 2013] : Waltham: Bluff: [1d20(14) + 9] = 23
[Wed Mar 6 20:22:58 2013] : Waltham: ooc trying to convince him I genuinely mean it.
[Wed Mar 6 20:23:42 2013] : Rider Eswire: "You may well have done, I travel the kingdom widely."
[Wed Mar 6 20:23:54 2013] : Rider Eswire: "On the king's official business."
[Wed Mar 6 20:24:30 2013] : Waltham: "There's a lot of information they've given you on this one."
[Wed Mar 6 20:25:41 2013] : Rider Eswire: "I understand that the task is important and I have been given access to priviledged information to enable it to be carried out successfully."
[Wed Mar 6 20:27:33 2013] : Waltham: "Well, we'll do what we can. Seems unusual though. Are they worried about aything... going wrong?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:28:10 2013] : Vaddyn: "If we are putting our lives on the line I think we deserve to know everything"
[Wed Mar 6 20:28:25 2013] : Rider Eswire: "I don't have any further information I can give you."
[Wed Mar 6 20:28:39 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc try some skill rolls to gain more information.
[Wed Mar 6 20:28:49 2013] : Waltham: "Do you have any more information that you can't give us?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:29:16 2013] : Vaddyn: "Look we just want to give ourselves the best chance of finding these soldiers alive"
[Wed Mar 6 20:29:17 2013] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(15) + 14] = 29
[Wed Mar 6 20:29:37 2013] : Rider Eswire: Vaddyn is persuasive.
[Wed Mar 6 20:29:42 2013] : Waltham: Waltham tries to remember what he knows about the northern forests
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:00 2013] : Waltham: Seurvival: [1d20(4) + 12] = 16
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:33 2013] : Miriam: Miriam tries to think of the dangers awaiting them
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:35 2013] : Trantor: Trantor thinks about natural dangers in the forest
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:35 2013] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:38 2013] : Trantor: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:47 2013] : Miriam: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(2) + 9] = 11
[Wed Mar 6 20:30:59 2013] : Trantor: ooc my rolls are somewhat lacking in excellence tonight
[Wed Mar 6 20:31:10 2013] : Miriam: ooc It happens
[Wed Mar 6 20:31:30 2013] : Trantor: ooc survival is all about finding food, shelter and tracks BTW
[Wed Mar 6 20:31:50 2013] : Aeleva: Aeleva tries to remember what she might have overheard in town concerning garrisons.
[Wed Mar 6 20:31:52 2013] : Aeleva: Knowledge Local: [1d20(4) + 6] = 10
[Wed Mar 6 20:31:58 2013] : Aeleva: ooc nib.
[Wed Mar 6 20:32:01 2013] : Waltham: ooc shhh, I've got no useful skill modifiers! :)
[Wed Mar 6 20:32:24 2013] : Rider Eswire: Eswire leans in closer and speaks softly. "You didn't hear it from me but the reports from other scouts have been... inconclusive. They do not return."
[Wed Mar 6 20:32:40 2013] : Aeleva: ooc what does not return?
[Wed Mar 6 20:32:46 2013] : Waltham: ooc the other scouts
[Wed Mar 6 20:32:47 2013] : Aeleva: ooc the scouts.
[Wed Mar 6 20:32:54 2013] : Aeleva: ooc k.
[Wed Mar 6 20:33:03 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc the scouts do not return.
[Wed Mar 6 20:33:05 2013] : Trantor: "That really makes a non-negotiable sum of 500 gp seem a littlle low"
[Wed Mar 6 20:33:09 2013] : Vaddyn: "Thats not good. How many scouts are we talking about?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:33:34 2013] : Rider Eswire: "Two. One a highly experienced ranger, familar with the region."
[Wed Mar 6 20:33:37 2013] : Aeleva: "Yes. I was wondering about that. You mentionned 4 agarrisons?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:34:23 2013] : Miriam: "They both went there alone?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:34:28 2013] : Rider Eswire: "I cannot negotiate on the fee."
[Wed Mar 6 20:34:59 2013] : Vaddyn: "They left here and were never heard of again?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:35:16 2013] : Rider Eswire: "The garrisons at Anvil, Buckler, Cutlass, Dagger and Northpoint have been ordered to remain at their posts."
[Wed Mar 6 20:35:31 2013] : Rider Eswire: "The scouts went alone and did not return."
[Wed Mar 6 20:35:45 2013] : Miriam: "Hmm"
[Wed Mar 6 20:35:54 2013] : Waltham: "Then we'll give it a go."
[Wed Mar 6 20:35:56 2013] : Rider Eswire: "Now, truely, I have no further information."
[Wed Mar 6 20:36:08 2013] : Miriam: Sense Motive: [1d20(2) + 0] = 2
[Wed Mar 6 20:36:20 2013] : Miriam: Miriam believes him
[Wed Mar 6 20:36:28 2013] : Waltham: Sense Motive [1d20(9) + 13] = 22
[Wed Mar 6 20:36:29 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 6 20:36:58 2013] : Vaddyn: "Thank you for your honesty and help. We will leave as sson as we can"
[Wed Mar 6 20:39:25 2013] : Waltham: "Thanks for your help. It'll be interesting to see what's happening."
[Wed Mar 6 20:40:24 2013] : Rider Eswire: The rider picks up his pack and prepares to leave. "Good luck, I think you may need it."
[Wed Mar 6 20:40:37 2013] : Miriam: "We'd better head out as soon as possible: they might still be alive, waiting for help"
[Wed Mar 6 20:41:12 2013] : Waltham: Once the rider's gone, Waltham says "Still doesn't explain how he knows everything."
[Wed Mar 6 20:41:20 2013] : Waltham: "Why he knows it."
[Wed Mar 6 20:41:26 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 6 20:41:49 2013] : Vaddyn: "You think he was concealing something?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:42:20 2013] : Rider Eswire: ooc back
[Wed Mar 6 20:42:58 2013] : Miriam: "He seemed open and honest to me"
[Wed Mar 6 20:43:39 2013] : Waltham: "Just not saying why they're doing it this way."
[Wed Mar 6 20:44:09 2013] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps they truely fear panic. Its seems reaonable enough"
[Wed Mar 6 20:44:45 2013] : Miriam: "People do tend to worry when their borders are endangered and when soldiers go missing"
[Wed Mar 6 20:45:26 2013] : Miriam: "But that doesn't ecplain why they don't send out their own: they have 5 garrisons right there"
[Wed Mar 6 20:45:34 2013] : Trantor: "We're not beholden to this country"
[Wed Mar 6 20:45:45 2013] : Trantor: "We could always travel somewhere else"
[Wed Mar 6 20:46:08 2013] : Waltham: "Maybe that's why"
[Wed Mar 6 20:46:33 2013] : Miriam: "Why what?"
[Wed Mar 6 20:47:36 2013] : Waltham: "Why they're telling us. We're expendable."
[Wed Mar 6 20:48:12 2013] : Vaddyn: "Remember, we aren't the first to go investigating"
[Wed Mar 6 20:48:34 2013] : Aeleva: "I like your approach Waltham"
[Wed Mar 6 20:48:53 2013] : Aeleva: "The good part about being expandable"
[Wed Mar 6 20:48:59 2013] : DM: ooc maybe it's a government work scheme for the long term unemployed adventurer?
[Wed Mar 6 20:49:18 2013] : Aeleva: "is that we can go wheever we want, and just let go"
[Wed Mar 6 20:49:24 2013] : Aeleva: "not bound in any way"
[Wed Mar 6 20:49:31 2013] : Waltham: ooc hah!
[Wed Mar 6 20:49:33 2013] : Miriam: ooc Maybe they just want to make sure we don't go around robbing people without permission
[Wed Mar 6 20:49:54 2013] : Waltham: "Let's see wat happens. We can always quit if it's too dangerous for the pay."
[Wed Mar 6 20:50:14 2013] : Vaddyn: "With half up front too"
[Wed Mar 6 20:51:19 2013] : Trantor: "Let's just go"
[Wed Mar 6 20:51:38 2013] : Aeleva: "Yes. I've seen this town too much."
[Wed Mar 6 20:51:40 2013] : Vaddyn: "Yes"
[Wed Mar 6 20:52:05 2013] : Miriam: "Back to the woods!"
[Wed Mar 6 20:52:12 2013] : Trantor: ooc I presume I was able to find a decent livery to create a load balancing seat/harness affair for Arol
[Wed Mar 6 20:52:35 2013] : DM: ooc yes, it'll cost though as it's non-standard.
[Wed Mar 6 20:52:56 2013] : Trantor: ooc Sure, won't be that costly though
[Wed Mar 6 20:53:07 2013] : Trantor: ooc in comparison to magic items
[Wed Mar 6 20:53:58 2013] : DM: ooc saddle, exotic in the rules.. 60 gp for a military saddle, 15 gp pack, 30 gp, riding.
[Wed Mar 6 20:54:30 2013] : Trantor: ooc yes, just found it
[Wed Mar 6 20:54:38 2013] : Trantor: ooc 60 gp, done and done
[Wed Mar 6 20:54:55 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc we should get a CLW wand too
[Wed Mar 6 20:56:07 2013] : Trantor: ooc I have FInduilas's with 21 charges and 10 scrolls
[Wed Mar 6 20:56:20 2013] : Trantor: ooc another wouldn't go amiss
[Wed Mar 6 20:56:41 2013] : Miriam: ooc Who can use one?
[Wed Mar 6 20:56:53 2013] : Trantor: ooc Vaddyn
[Wed Mar 6 20:57:08 2013] : Miriam: ooc Better keep him alive and conscious then ;)
[Wed Mar 6 20:57:17 2013] : Trantor: ooc and me of course
[Wed Mar 6 20:57:24 2013] : Aeleva: ooc I can too. If use magic device is required.
[Wed Mar 6 20:58:06 2013] : Trantor: ooc 300 gp for a wand with 20 charges
[Wed Mar 6 20:58:22 2013] : Trantor: ooc I'll take it from the kitty
[Wed Mar 6 20:58:31 2013] : Miriam: ooc Or 750 for one with 50 charges
[Wed Mar 6 20:58:33 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc bad kitty!
[Wed Mar 6 20:58:40 2013] : Miriam: ooc KMAO
[Wed Mar 6 20:59:22 2013] : Miriam: ooc One for Vaddyn, one for Trantor
[Wed Mar 6 20:59:50 2013] : Trantor: ooc hmm... 450 - 750 = ...
[Wed Mar 6 21:00:17 2013] : Waltham: ooc equal exchange rate
[Wed Mar 6 21:00:42 2013] : Trantor: ooc I'm airly certain that they won't give us 20 charges on tick
[Wed Mar 6 21:00:46 2013] : Trantor: ooc fairly
[Wed Mar 6 21:01:48 2013] : Aeleva: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 6 21:01:49 2013] : Trantor: ooc unless you've got huge amounts of cash to spend that is Miriam
[Wed Mar 6 21:02:21 2013] : Trantor: "Here you go Vaddyn... This one has 20 charges"
[Wed Mar 6 21:02:31 2013] : Vaddyn: "ok.
[Wed Mar 6 21:03:04 2013] : Miriam: "Why not go for the more expensive one?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:03:18 2013] : Trantor: "Because the kitty only has 450 gp"
[Wed Mar 6 21:03:24 2013] : Miriam: Miriam puts the difference in price on the table
[Wed Mar 6 21:03:37 2013] : Trantor: "And I'm not paying for one myself"
[Wed Mar 6 21:04:23 2013] : Miriam: "Those extra charges might save our lives"
[Wed Mar 6 21:04:37 2013] : Trantor: "OK"
[Wed Mar 6 21:05:12 2013] : Trantor: ooc so Vaddyn's wand has 50 charges
[Wed Mar 6 21:05:37 2013] : Miriam: ooc Miriam has contributed 450 gp
[Wed Mar 6 21:05:40 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc ok
[Wed Mar 6 21:06:05 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc spot the newly rolled character :P
[Wed Mar 6 21:06:56 2013] : Trantor: ooc I have a feeling that I had around 1,500 gp already, but I can't find my char sheet
[Wed Mar 6 21:07:22 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc I had a few thousand
[Wed Mar 6 21:07:22 2013] : Trantor: ooc I'v not bought anything else since we started, other than a silvered blade.
[Wed Mar 6 21:08:34 2013] : Aeleva: ooc same with me
[Wed Mar 6 21:09:45 2013] : Trantor: "Shall we go then?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:10:17 2013] : Miriam: "Are we walking or riding?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:10:33 2013] : Aeleva: "Riding."
[Wed Mar 6 21:10:49 2013] : Vaddyn: "Definitely riding!"
[Wed Mar 6 21:10:53 2013] : Aeleva: "I am not turning 4 days ride into I don't know how many days walk"
[Wed Mar 6 21:11:15 2013] : Miriam: "In that case I need to buy myself a mount"
[Wed Mar 6 21:11:19 2013] : Waltham: "Riding for me."
[Wed Mar 6 21:11:28 2013] : Trantor: "I have spent these weeks training Arol as a mount..."
[Wed Mar 6 21:11:36 2013] : Trantor: "I will be riding"
[Wed Mar 6 21:11:58 2013] : Waltham: "I've been doing a bit of work on my guns."
[Wed Mar 6 21:12:47 2013] : Miriam: Miriam goes shopping for a pony
[Wed Mar 6 21:12:59 2013] : Waltham: Waltham brings out one of his pistols for inspection; it now has six barrels ready for firing.
[Wed Mar 6 21:13:07 2013] : Vaddyn: "Impressive!"
[Wed Mar 6 21:13:17 2013] : Waltham: "Still takes a bit of time to load..."
[Wed Mar 6 21:13:31 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn will have bought something at some point
[Wed Mar 6 21:13:41 2013] : Trantor: ooc me too
[Wed Mar 6 21:14:05 2013] : Waltham: ooc I was also making some bullets from the dragon's teeth from the Chimera: David, how did that go?
[Wed Mar 6 21:15:41 2013] : DM: ooc The are +1 with 1d6 acid damage, You have enough teeth for 6 bullets.
[Wed Mar 6 21:16:10 2013] : DM: ooc I think it was acid damage...
[Wed Mar 6 21:16:18 2013] : Waltham: ooc thanks
[Wed Mar 6 21:17:00 2013] : DM: ooc yes it was.
[Wed Mar 6 21:17:55 2013] : DM: Seven days later you are nearing Fort Anvil and Watch Point Anvil Three...
[Wed Mar 6 21:18:06 2013] : Trantor: Arol strolls up with a fine looking large suit of studded leather, and a new harness/saddle
[Wed Mar 6 21:18:32 2013] : DM: You are riding through a sparse birch and pine forest along a trackway.
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:03 2013] : DM: You haven't seen any sign of people for a day, nothing since the last fortified farmstead.
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:03 2013] : Waltham: Waltham keeps a wary eye out Perception [1d20(13) + 12] = 25
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:31 2013] : Miriam: Miriam does likewise
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:34 2013] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:39 2013] : DM: The air is cool and the cloud hang low and gloomlily gray overhead. A fine drizzle falls.
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:51 2013] : Waltham: "Bloody weather. Won't do the guns any good."
[Wed Mar 6 21:19:54 2013] : Miriam: ooc She must be too tired to keep her eyes open
[Wed Mar 6 21:20:13 2013] : Waltham: Waltham checks that the sixth barrel is loaded with one of the special bullets.
[Wed Mar 6 21:20:50 2013] : DM: You decend into a small valley, the trees thin and sheep crop at the rough, tussocky grass.
[Wed Mar 6 21:21:20 2013] : DM: Ahead you see another farmstead. No smoke rises from its single chimney.
[Wed Mar 6 21:21:43 2013] : Waltham: "It's a bit quiet here."
[Wed Mar 6 21:21:51 2013] : Waltham: "Leke after a storm."
[Wed Mar 6 21:21:55 2013] : Waltham: ooc like
[Wed Mar 6 21:22:06 2013] : Vaddyn: "Strange. I know I'd have a fire lit on a day like this"
[Wed Mar 6 21:22:33 2013] : Miriam: "And it doesn't look derelict"
[Wed Mar 6 21:22:59 2013] : Trantor: "Let's take a closer look"
[Wed Mar 6 21:23:03 2013] : DM: The farmstead as a main building of stone, roofed with rough slates, two low barns form the two other sides of the yard and stout wooden gate provides access inside.
[Wed Mar 6 21:23:30 2013] : DM: As you approach you notice the gate is partly ajar.
[Wed Mar 6 21:23:31 2013] : Waltham: "Remember where we fought those wolf-men?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:23:40 2013] : Waltham: "Eyes open, folks."
[Wed Mar 6 21:23:47 2013] : Vaddyn: "I was thinking the same thing Waltham"
[Wed Mar 6 21:23:49 2013] : Waltham: Waltham's manner is suddenly serious."
[Wed Mar 6 21:24:48 2013] : DM: ooc opening the gate?
[Wed Mar 6 21:25:00 2013] : Miriam: "Wolf-men?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:25:02 2013] : Trantor: Trantor dismounts
[Wed Mar 6 21:25:10 2013] : Waltham: "Ah, that was back a while Miriam."
[Wed Mar 6 21:25:15 2013] : Miriam: Miriam follows suit
[Wed Mar 6 21:25:37 2013] : Trantor: Rest: Regain 6 HP. [Wed Mar 6 21:25:44 2013] : Vaddyn: "We'll tell you all about it when next we make camp"
[Wed Mar 6 21:25:55 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn dismounts
[Wed Mar 6 21:26:22 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc I'd like to think we're all fully healed up
[Wed Mar 6 21:26:25 2013] : DM: ooc you'll all be fully rested.
[Wed Mar 6 21:26:26 2013] : Miriam: Miriam grabs her axe in both hands
[Wed Mar 6 21:26:34 2013] : Waltham: "Who's going first?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:26:50 2013] : Miriam: "Me, I guess"
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:02 2013] : Waltham: "I'll cover you."
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:11 2013] : Miriam: Miriam goes to the door
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:12 2013] : Waltham: Waltham follows with his musket ready.
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:31 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn makes ready his bow
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:47 2013] : Miriam: ooc The door is closed? Does it seem to be locked?
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:58 2013] : Trantor: Trantor stands with his club in hand
[Wed Mar 6 21:27:59 2013] : DM: The door is ajar (slightly open)
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:04 2013] : DM: gate rather
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:12 2013] : Miriam: Miriam peers inside
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:15 2013] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(2) + 4] = 6
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:19 2013] : Aeleva: Healing: Regain 15 HP. [Wed Mar 6 21:28:22 2013] : Miriam: ooc Darn!
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:23 2013] : DM: The yard is empty.
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:50 2013] : Miriam: ooc Through the gate, to the door
[Wed Mar 6 21:28:55 2013] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Mar 6 21:29:26 2013] : DM: As you cross the yard you nearly trip over a broken pitchfork lying on the muddy cobbles, one of the tines snapped of.
[Wed Mar 6 21:29:48 2013] : DM: The door is closed.
[Wed Mar 6 21:29:55 2013] : Waltham: "That's not good."
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:01 2013] : Miriam: Miriam points at the pitchfork as she advances
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:03 2013] : Miriam: Stealth: [1d20(19) + -1] = 18
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:09 2013] : Trantor: Trantor moves forwards to stay 5 ft behind Miriam
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:23 2013] : Miriam: ooc Now I roll high
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:25 2013] : Trantor: Stealth: [1d20(4) + -2] = 2
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:42 2013] : Miriam: Miriam tries the door
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:45 2013] : Trantor: ooc It's OK, I'll make enough noise for both of us :-D
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:48 2013] : Miriam: ooc Is it locked?
[Wed Mar 6 21:30:53 2013] : Trantor: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 6 21:31:03 2013] : Aeleva: ooc is tehre a map?
[Wed Mar 6 21:31:06 2013] : Miriam: ooc That's why we love our Trantor ;)
[Wed Mar 6 21:31:24 2013] : DM: The door swings open at your gentle push, creaking eerily in the quiet.
[Wed Mar 6 21:32:17 2013] : Miriam: Miriam peers inside
[Wed Mar 6 21:32:20 2013] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Mar 6 21:32:23 2013] : DM: The main room, the kitchen, is a mess, the big kitchen table is unturned, pans and broken crockery are scattered about the floor.
[Wed Mar 6 21:32:28 2013] : Waltham: "Let's have a look."
[Wed Mar 6 21:32:38 2013] : Waltham: Perception: [1d20(20) + 12] = 32
[Wed Mar 6 21:32:44 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn keeps watch outside
[Wed Mar 6 21:33:03 2013] : DM: Smeared and splattered across the far wall is the dark red stain of old blood.
[Wed Mar 6 21:33:46 2013] : Waltham: "That stain's been there a while."
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:06 2013] : Miriam: "This is not good"
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:16 2013] : Waltham: "Can we find any tracks?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:18 2013] : Miriam: Miriam goes in, axe still in her hands
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:26 2013] : Waltham: Survival [1d20(6) + 12] = 18
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:30 2013] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:32 2013] : DM: An open internal door leads to another room, the bedroom, another large bloodstain in the bedsheets.
[Wed Mar 6 21:34:56 2013] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31
[Wed Mar 6 21:35:00 2013] : DM: Unfortunately it has rained heavily in the past week and any tracks are long gone.
[Wed Mar 6 21:35:48 2013] : Miriam: ooc Any clues as to the culprits?
[Wed Mar 6 21:35:52 2013] : DM: A ladder leads into the attic.
[Wed Mar 6 21:36:27 2013] : Miriam: Miriam climbs the ladder, axe in her right hand
[Wed Mar 6 21:36:41 2013] : Aeleva: ooc is there a map?
[Wed Mar 6 21:36:45 2013] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Mar 6 21:36:48 2013] : Waltham: Waltham looks around, keeping an eye on the forest.
[Wed Mar 6 21:37:19 2013] : Aeleva: Aeleva searches for left over clues
[Wed Mar 6 21:37:24 2013] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(5) + 10] = 15
[Wed Mar 6 21:37:59 2013] : Aeleva: as well as possible secret passages and hidden doors or things
[Wed Mar 6 21:38:02 2013] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(4) + 14] = 18
[Wed Mar 6 21:38:12 2013] : DM: The attic is a mess, bags of grain supplies split and scattered about, Drops of blood lead deeper into the attic behind some boxes.
[Wed Mar 6 21:38:26 2013] : Trantor: Detect Magic: Level 0 -
[Wed Mar 6 21:38:31 2013] : Miriam: Miriam follows the blood
[Wed Mar 6 21:39:41 2013] : Aeleva: "This does not look very engaging"
[Wed Mar 6 21:39:44 2013] : Aeleva: "or promising"
[Wed Mar 6 21:39:51 2013] : DM: But there is nothing there except for more blood, a large, heavy knife, heavily chipped on its cutting edge.
[Wed Mar 6 21:40:20 2013] : Waltham: "Not even a corpse."
[Wed Mar 6 21:40:25 2013] : Miriam: "Hello! Anybody here? We've come to help"
[Wed Mar 6 21:40:42 2013] : DM: And a broken tip of a rusted metal object, the break still bright and shining.
[Wed Mar 6 21:41:04 2013] : Waltham: "Here, anyone know what this thing is? Spear tip? Scythe?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:41:06 2013] : Miriam: Miriam picks up the knife and the piece of metal
[Wed Mar 6 21:41:06 2013] : DM: The weapon tip is stained dark with blood.
[Wed Mar 6 21:41:23 2013] : DM: A sword or a spear tip, perhaps.
[Wed Mar 6 21:43:22 2013] : Waltham: "Hmm. So if we find someone with a broken weapon, we know they were here. Anything else?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:43:38 2013] : DM: There are no other clues in the house or farm buildings. It is clear that two or three people were brutally murdered and their bodies removed.
[Wed Mar 6 21:44:11 2013] : Waltham: "Better head on to the fort. There's something bad happening here."
[Wed Mar 6 21:44:49 2013] : Miriam: "Whatever happened to the bodies?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:45:06 2013] : Vaddyn: From the looks on the others faces as they leave, Vaddyn is quite glad he remained on watch outside
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:27 2013] : DM: Continuing?
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:37 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc yeah
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:41 2013] : Miriam: Miriam shares what she's seen
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:46 2013] : DM: You ride on.
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:53 2013] : Trantor: Trantor climbs back into his seat with Arol's help
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:53 2013] : Aeleva: "This is strange. Ready your weapons and keep ears and eyes open"
[Wed Mar 6 21:46:59 2013] : Aeleva: "This does not bode well"
[Wed Mar 6 21:48:16 2013] : DM: A bank of grey mist envelopes the tree covered slopes ahead, the ride on into the mist. The air is damp and chill and the forest around is deathly silent.
[Wed Mar 6 21:49:59 2013] : DM: Trees loom out of the mist, branching reaching out for your like skeletal hands. You hear a sound ahead. shouts muffled and indestinct.
[Wed Mar 6 21:50:16 2013] : Waltham: "Keep steady; that could be a trap."
[Wed Mar 6 21:50:21 2013] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28
[Wed Mar 6 21:50:32 2013] : Miriam: Miriam rides on, looking and listening
[Wed Mar 6 21:50:35 2013] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(15) + 4] = 19
[Wed Mar 6 21:50:49 2013] : Trantor: Trantor climbs down, ready for action
[Wed Mar 6 21:51:15 2013] : DM: You see a figure ahead through the mist waving frantically and shouting the voice slow and deep "Uuuuurrrn Aaaakkkk".
[Wed Mar 6 21:51:41 2013] : Miriam: "What? What are you saying?"
[Wed Mar 6 21:52:06 2013] : Waltham: "Turn back? What is it?
[Wed Mar 6 21:52:12 2013] : Waltham: Waltham tries to see
[Wed Mar 6 21:52:14 2013] : Waltham: [1d20(2) + 13] = 15
[Wed Mar 6 21:52:17 2013] : DM: The mist swirls and thins and you see an soldier, spear in ahead waving is arm and shouting. "Turn Back! Turn back you fools!"
[Wed Mar 6 21:52:43 2013] : DM: A branch snaps behind you and you hear the dull clink of metal on metal.
[Wed Mar 6 21:53:45 2013] : DM: "Oh gods, No, they're here! They're here!" The soldier drops is spear and runs towards the squat stone fortlet you see a the hill ahead.
[Wed Mar 6 21:54:09 2013] : Waltham: Waltham spins around to see
[Wed Mar 6 21:54:14 2013] : DM: You turn to see skeletal warriors approaching out of the mist, rusted weapons help ready....
[Wed Mar 6 21:54:16 2013] : DM: GAME END