Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Feb 20 19:49:55 2013] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Feb 20 19:51:08 2013] : DM: You gathered enough evidence to get the king's army to fight Lady Felicity's faction. On the way back, someone died and was replaced with Miriam, a dwarf barbarian.
[Wed Feb 20 19:51:42 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc ahh, I'd meant to ask about that
[Wed Feb 20 19:52:17 2013] : DM: You also decided to try and gather evidence against Lord Hubert so the King's Army will take control of the barony.
[Wed Feb 20 19:53:11 2013] : DM: Evidence is likely to be records of fraud, taxes being spent on unauthorized items etc.
[Wed Feb 20 19:53:53 2013] : DM: You could have tried the chief accountants house which will be well guarded or try the secret tunnels into the castle and search for records there.
[Wed Feb 20 19:54:05 2013] : DM: You decided the accountant's house would be less risky.
[Wed Feb 20 19:54:45 2013] : DM: But first you need to get into the half of town controlled by Lord Hubert. There are patrols and checkpoints at all the gates and bridges.
[Wed Feb 20 19:55:20 2013] : Trantor: ooc I thought we chose tunnels, but my memory is hazy
[Wed Feb 20 19:55:23 2013] : DM: The town is ringed by walls and split in two by the river with each half controlled by a different faction.
[Wed Feb 20 19:56:02 2013] : Aeleva: ooc no we did go for the easy stuff.
[Wed Feb 20 19:56:19 2013] : DM: ooc you can change your mind.
[Wed Feb 20 19:57:07 2013] : DM: There are several ways to get inside the district and once inside you should be able to move about the streets reasonably freely.
[Wed Feb 20 19:58:11 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc are the river banks walled, of it just the bridges. ie would it be possible to swim
[Wed Feb 20 19:58:46 2013] : DM: You could swim or find a boat to cross the river but it is overlooked by watchposts so you would be spotted.
[Wed Feb 20 19:59:12 2013] : DM: During the day anyway.
[Wed Feb 20 19:59:20 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc ok, thought so, but it was more just for the mental image
[Wed Feb 20 20:00:51 2013] : DM: You can scout out potential routes and I'll describe them in more detail.
[Wed Feb 20 20:01:18 2013] : Aeleva: ooc what's our standing with Lord Hubert? I forget. We're shot on sight, right?
[Wed Feb 20 20:01:52 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc we are, but presumably Miriam isn't
[Wed Feb 20 20:01:54 2013] : Miriam: ooc I should be quite safe for now
[Wed Feb 20 20:02:57 2013] : DM: You have been attacked by every Hubert soldier you've met so far.
[Wed Feb 20 20:03:17 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc maybe its not personal
[Wed Feb 20 20:03:23 2013] : Miriam: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 20 20:04:30 2013] : DM: What do you want to look at now?
[Wed Feb 20 20:04:39 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc so our choices are sneak over at night, or bluff it, or find a tunnel or something
[Wed Feb 20 20:05:02 2013] : DM: ooc or fight your way in.
[Wed Feb 20 20:05:39 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc hmmm, can't see that working
[Wed Feb 20 20:05:54 2013] : Aeleva: ooc I can see us fight our way out; though ;)
[Wed Feb 20 20:06:31 2013] : Aeleva: "I would like to take a look at all the checkpoints and see if we find one that's less guarded where we could get in without raising alarm"
[Wed Feb 20 20:06:54 2013] : Aeleva: "Miriam, we're in pretty bad standing with Lord Hubert, maybe you wouldn't mind looking around?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:07:57 2013] : DM: The bridges are heavily guarded with 8 soldiers or more at each one, The town gates are similarly guarded.
[Wed Feb 20 20:08:10 2013] : Miriam: "Where do you need me to go and what do you want me to find?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:08:17 2013] : Aeleva: ooc so no luck on that side I suppose.
[Wed Feb 20 20:08:18 2013] : DM: There are light patrols of 4 soldiers along the river banks and on top of the town walls.
[Wed Feb 20 20:08:22 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc are we outside the town?
[Wed Feb 20 20:09:00 2013] : DM: ooc yes but the army controls part of the town where the main docks are.
[Wed Feb 20 20:09:30 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc so we have free access to that part?
[Wed Feb 20 20:09:35 2013] : DM: Yes
[Wed Feb 20 20:10:12 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc ty
[Wed Feb 20 20:11:10 2013] : DM: You also have access to small boats if you need to cross the river.
[Wed Feb 20 20:11:41 2013] : Trantor: ooc The docks are on Felicity's side?
[Wed Feb 20 20:11:59 2013] : DM: Yes
[Wed Feb 20 20:12:14 2013] : Vaddyn: "Could you have a look along the river and see if there is anywhere that might be a good place to row across at night"
[Wed Feb 20 20:12:40 2013] : Miriam: "Sure, I'll have a look around"
[Wed Feb 20 20:12:44 2013] : Vaddyn: "It would be good if we could find a location that was out of sight of guards"
[Wed Feb 20 20:13:10 2013] : Miriam: "Of course"
[Wed Feb 20 20:13:26 2013] : Miriam: Miriam starts walking
[Wed Feb 20 20:13:36 2013] : Miriam: "I'll be back in an hour or two"
[Wed Feb 20 20:14:36 2013] : DM: Make an appropriate skill check (pick a skill and explain how it helps).
[Wed Feb 20 20:15:49 2013] : Miriam: Miriam uses her survival skills to be as inconspicuous as possible, while she looks for safe and unobserved spots to cross the river
[Wed Feb 20 20:15:51 2013] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(7) + 9] = 16
[Wed Feb 20 20:17:06 2013] : DM: Ok, you find what you think is the safest spot. There a gap in the patrols and there is only one lookout at the top of a building. To get less stealth people across the lookout will need to be neutralized.
[Wed Feb 20 20:17:41 2013] : Miriam: Miriam uses another route to get back to her new friends and report
[Wed Feb 20 20:18:47 2013] : Miriam: "So, here's what I've learned"
[Wed Feb 20 20:19:04 2013] : Miriam: Miriam tells what she's seen
[Wed Feb 20 20:19:56 2013] : Trantor: "How high up the building?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:20:14 2013] : Trantor: "Is he exposed?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:20:25 2013] : Trantor: "I may have a plan"
[Wed Feb 20 20:20:41 2013] : DM: The building is three stories high and the lookout watches from a small balcony.
[Wed Feb 20 20:21:13 2013] : Trantor: "An external balcony, or a window with a railing?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:21:21 2013] : DM: External
[Wed Feb 20 20:21:47 2013] : Trantor: "If no-one else has any ideas, I may have a plan"
[Wed Feb 20 20:22:47 2013] : Vaddyn: "Go on Trantor"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:05 2013] : Miriam: "Let's hear it"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:10 2013] : Trantor: "I have recently become able to turn into an air elemental... I could fly across, turn into a whirlwind, hopefully sucking him into the vortex, and drop him from a height"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:20 2013] : Trantor: ooc :-D
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:28 2013] : Aeleva: "sounds...terrible"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:33 2013] : Aeleva: "but could work"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:35 2013] : Miriam: "Wouldn't it be simpler to just shoot him?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:49 2013] : Trantor: "I asked if there were other plans"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:51 2013] : Aeleva: "I mean terrible in that I wouldn't want to be the person you halu around"
[Wed Feb 20 20:23:57 2013] : Aeleva: ooc *haul
[Wed Feb 20 20:24:14 2013] : Trantor: ooc I have no idea of the range, or the difficulty of the shot don't forget
[Wed Feb 20 20:24:20 2013] : Miriam: "Since you said you have a plan, I waited for you to explain it"
[Wed Feb 20 20:25:01 2013] : Vaddyn: "It could also be taken for an accidental fall"
[Wed Feb 20 20:25:19 2013] : Vaddyn: "I like it"
[Wed Feb 20 20:26:06 2013] : Trantor: "Of course, it's not a particularly 'good' way to treat a paid soldier"
[Wed Feb 20 20:27:00 2013] : Miriam: "Or anyone, for that matter. But as long as it's efficient ..."
[Wed Feb 20 20:27:36 2013] : Vaddyn: "No, but our aim is to stop the fighting. Its not as if we haven't killed other soldiers"
[Wed Feb 20 20:27:59 2013] : Trantor: ooc I lost, and haven't redone my elemental nodes, so you'll have to bear with me while I calculate the DC
[Wed Feb 20 20:28:17 2013] : Trantor: ooc of the whirlwind that is
[Wed Feb 20 20:28:32 2013] : Aeleva: "I like the idea too"
[Wed Feb 20 20:29:36 2013] : Aeleva: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 20 20:29:49 2013] : Miriam: "I never killed a soldier in my life"
[Wed Feb 20 20:30:17 2013] : Trantor: "If possible I could do with boosting my strength beforehand"
[Wed Feb 20 20:30:38 2013] : Trantor: "To that end, I would seek out a Bull's Strength scroll in this area"
[Wed Feb 20 20:30:47 2013] : Trantor: "Any temple should have one"
[Wed Feb 20 20:31:42 2013] : Trantor: ooc will add +2 to the DC, making it DC 19 refex save
[Wed Feb 20 20:31:58 2013] : DM: ooc the cleric in the barracks sells them.
[Wed Feb 20 20:32:23 2013] : Trantor: "Are we agreed?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:32:37 2013] : Miriam: "Why not?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:32:55 2013] : Trantor: "I can alight on the other side of the river and wait"
[Wed Feb 20 20:34:08 2013] : Trantor: Trantor heads off and buys the scroll (from party funds ;-)
[Wed Feb 20 20:34:18 2013] : Vaddyn: "We will get a small boat and be ready to cross when we see the incident"
[Wed Feb 20 20:34:33 2013] : Trantor: ooc 150 GP IIRC
[Wed Feb 20 20:35:22 2013] : Aeleva: "sounds good"
[Wed Feb 20 20:35:24 2013] : Trantor: "Do we need any other supplies?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:36:00 2013] : Trantor: Barkskin: Level 2 - Gives the target a +3 bonus to Natural Armour for 60 minutes
[Wed Feb 20 20:36:26 2013] : Trantor: "Vaddyn, could you cast one of my scrolls please?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:36:42 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn uses a scroll of Mage armour. +4 to AC for 6 hours.
[Wed Feb 20 20:36:49 2013] : DM: Fast forwarding to the night...
[Wed Feb 20 20:38:05 2013] : DM: You are at the docks. Your small boat is ready.
[Wed Feb 20 20:38:42 2013] : DM: You row into position and wait for the gap in the patrols and for Trantor to deal with the lookout.
[Wed Feb 20 20:38:52 2013] : Trantor: "Ok, here I go"
[Wed Feb 20 20:39:09 2013] : Trantor: Trantor *now* casts barkskin
[Wed Feb 20 20:40:03 2013] : Trantor: [Wed Feb 20 20:40:04 2013] : Miriam: Miriam takes up the oars
[Wed Feb 20 20:40:25 2013] : Trantor: ooc + the Bull's strength scroll
[Wed Feb 20 20:41:24 2013] : Trantor: Trantor shoots straight up into the air (fly 100 ft, perfect)
[Wed Feb 20 20:41:33 2013] : Trantor: Fly: [1d20(19) + 11] = 30 (ACP not applied)
[Wed Feb 20 20:42:20 2013] : Trantor: Trantor travels above the buildings to drop down on the lookout from above...
[Wed Feb 20 20:42:40 2013] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Feb 20 20:42:42 2013] : Trantor: Transforming into a 20ft vortex first
[Wed Feb 20 20:42:44 2013] : Trantor: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Feb 20 20:42:59 2013] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 5] = 14
[Wed Feb 20 20:43:11 2013] : DM: You surprise the lookout, your turn.
[Wed Feb 20 20:43:53 2013] : Trantor: ooc sorry, 10 ft high, 10 ft diameter at top cone
[Wed Feb 20 20:44:16 2013] : Trantor: Trantor drops as a vortex onto the soldier
[Wed Feb 20 20:44:23 2013] : Trantor: ooc DC 19 reflex save
[Wed Feb 20 20:44:47 2013] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Wed Feb 20 20:45:04 2013] : Trantor: ooc just a sec
[Wed Feb 20 20:45:57 2013] : Trantor: Slam [1d4(4) + 6] = 10 damage
[Wed Feb 20 20:46:02 2013] : Trantor: Reflex save
[Wed Feb 20 20:46:23 2013] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(19) + 1] = 20
[Wed Feb 20 20:46:46 2013] : Trantor: Trantor fails to pick up the soldier in the vortex
[Wed Feb 20 20:46:47 2013] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Feb 20 20:47:29 2013] : DM: The soldier shouts in alarm and attacks!
[Wed Feb 20 20:47:29 2013] : Trantor: ooc he had a 2 in 20 chance of passing the roll!
[Wed Feb 20 20:47:38 2013] : Trantor: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 20 20:47:40 2013] : DM: Longsword: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22; Hit: [1d8(7) + 3] = 10 damage.
[Wed Feb 20 20:48:00 2013] : Trantor: AC: Wild + MA + BS: 10 + Dex + Natural Armour + Mage Armour + Barkskin + Ring of prot: [10 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 1] = 25. (22 Flat; 14 Touch)
[Wed Feb 20 20:48:06 2013] : Miriam: "Darn. It didn't work"
[Wed Feb 20 20:48:24 2013] : DM: You hear booted footsteps in the distance, sounds like that patrol wasn't as far away as Miriam thought it would be.
[Wed Feb 20 20:48:39 2013] : No Name (enter): 20:48
[Wed Feb 20 20:49:00 2013] : Waltham: ooc evening all - apologies for running s late!
[Wed Feb 20 20:49:38 2013] : Miriam: ooc Hi Henry, so good to see you :D
[Wed Feb 20 20:49:59 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc hi henry
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:00 2013] : Trantor: ooc Hi Henry, we're currently failing at my grand plan ;-)
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:05 2013] : DM: Those on the boat, what do you do? Do you try to dock by the steps up to the bank? Do you hope no one will notice you and stay put? Do you turn around and give up?
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:11 2013] : Aeleva: ooc levenin' Henry
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:26 2013] : Miriam: Softly: "What's the back-up plan?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:30 2013] : Trantor: ooc is that Henry the Baker?
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:36 2013] : Aeleva: ooc why is Henry my color?
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:55 2013] : DM: ooc Waltham, you're on a boat on the river trying to get into Lord Hubert's part of town at night.
[Wed Feb 20 20:50:56 2013] : Vaddyn: "Give him another chance. Hopefully they might still think it was an accident"
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:10 2013] : Trantor: ooc that was my thought
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:22 2013] : Miriam: "But what about that patrol?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:23 2013] : Aeleva: "Sounds good. We should stay put and see what happens"
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:28 2013] : DM: Ok.
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:34 2013] : DM: Trantor, your turn.
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:51 2013] : Trantor: Whirlwind - reflex save please
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:55 2013] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(19) + 1] = 20
[Wed Feb 20 20:51:58 2013] : Vaddyn: "I dont know. Fingers crossed Trantor can do the deed and get out of sight"
[Wed Feb 20 20:52:03 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc FIX!!!
[Wed Feb 20 20:52:40 2013] : Trantor: Trantor fails to hit with his slam
[Wed Feb 20 20:52:56 2013] : Trantor: ooc I'm a little confused by the description here...
[Wed Feb 20 20:53:25 2013] : Trantor: ooc I'm not certain if you still need to make a second roll for being caught up
[Wed Feb 20 20:53:53 2013] : Trantor: ooc Here
[Wed Feb 20 20:54:29 2013] : Trantor: ooc I read it as you do
[Wed Feb 20 20:54:59 2013] : DM: ooc reflex to avoid damage, reflex to avoid being picked up.
[Wed Feb 20 20:55:01 2013] : DM: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13
[Wed Feb 20 20:55:28 2013] : DM: The soldier yells as he is picked up off his feet and blown up into the air.
[Wed Feb 20 20:55:51 2013] : Trantor: Trantor scoops up the soldier and shoots into the air another 100 feet
[Wed Feb 20 20:56:31 2013] : Trantor: Trantor then stops swirling and reverts to air elemental form
[Wed Feb 20 20:56:47 2013] : Trantor: ooc slightly in front of the balcony
[Wed Feb 20 20:56:57 2013] : Soldier: AAAAHHhhhhhhh......... *SPLAT*
[Wed Feb 20 20:57:14 2013] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Feb 20 20:57:31 2013] : DM: The booted steps are getting closer. Miriam, you have the oars what do you do?
[Wed Feb 20 20:58:06 2013] : Trantor: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 20 20:58:15 2013] : Aeleva: ooc Arne just came in, brb
[Wed Feb 20 20:58:30 2013] : Vaddyn: "Can we back away a little?"
[Wed Feb 20 20:59:31 2013] : DM: You may be spotted by the patrol if you remain on the river.
[Wed Feb 20 21:00:03 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc how far away does the patrol seem to be?
[Wed Feb 20 21:00:18 2013] : DM: 4-5 rounds away.
[Wed Feb 20 21:00:45 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc does it seem reasonable to make it onto the dock in time?
[Wed Feb 20 21:00:56 2013] : DM: ooc sure
[Wed Feb 20 21:01:23 2013] : Vaddyn: "Lets see if we can make it to the dock!"
[Wed Feb 20 21:01:42 2013] : DM: Mirian, strength check.
[Wed Feb 20 21:01:48 2013] : DM: Miriam
[Wed Feb 20 21:01:59 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc how high is the side?
[Wed Feb 20 21:02:30 2013] : DM: ooc about 2 m from the surface of the water.
[Wed Feb 20 21:04:03 2013] : DM: ooc The patrol will be here by the time you've decided what you're doing...
[Wed Feb 20 21:04:48 2013] : Miriam (exit): 21:04
[Wed Feb 20 21:04:55 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc row for the dock as fast as possible
[Wed Feb 20 21:05:41 2013] : Miriam (enter): 21:05
[Wed Feb 20 21:05:42 2013] : Miriam (exit): 21:05
[Wed Feb 20 21:05:42 2013] : Miriam (enter): 21:05
[Wed Feb 20 21:05:49 2013] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (17) Miriam...
[Wed Feb 20 21:06:04 2013] : DM: Miriam, strength check.
[Wed Feb 20 21:06:14 2013] : Miriam: Strength: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Feb 20 21:06:38 2013] : Miriam: ooc What happened? I never got anything since that link
[Wed Feb 20 21:07:12 2013] : DM: Miriam heaves on the oars and brings you boat to the steps where you disembark.
[Wed Feb 20 21:07:19 2013] : Trantor: ooc Oh, so it's *myyy* fault ;-)
[Wed Feb 20 21:07:48 2013] : Miriam: ooc Of course it is :P
[Wed Feb 20 21:08:06 2013] : DM: The patrol is approaching, you don't see them yet but they must be quite close.
[Wed Feb 20 21:08:13 2013] : Vaddyn: oco which direction?
[Wed Feb 20 21:08:20 2013] : DM: Do you stand and fight or attempt to lose them in the alleyways.
[Wed Feb 20 21:09:14 2013] : Aeleva: "Let's try and lose them!"
[Wed Feb 20 21:09:27 2013] : Vaddyn: "Arol, climb onto the roof of this building"
[Wed Feb 20 21:09:33 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn points up
[Wed Feb 20 21:09:38 2013] : Vaddyn: Handle Animal: [1d20(17) + 14] = 31
[Wed Feb 20 21:09:48 2013] : DM: Pick a skill and use it to evade the patrol.
[Wed Feb 20 21:09:50 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc thats slightly improved, eh?
[Wed Feb 20 21:10:04 2013] : DM: Climb check for Arol.
[Wed Feb 20 21:10:10 2013] : Trantor: Arol - Climb: [1d20(11) + 19] = 30
[Wed Feb 20 21:10:30 2013] : DM: Arol climbs eaily up the building and is soon out of sight on the rooftops.
[Wed Feb 20 21:10:41 2013] : Aeleva: Aeleva tries to blend in with the street, taking advantage of anything she finds to hide.
[Wed Feb 20 21:10:44 2013] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(6) + 14] = 20
[Wed Feb 20 21:11:04 2013] : Miriam: Miriam uses her surroundings to try and stay out of sight
[Wed Feb 20 21:11:06 2013] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27
[Wed Feb 20 21:11:09 2013] : DM: Aeleva ducks into a dark alleyway and hides.
[Wed Feb 20 21:11:42 2013] : DM: ooc I won't allow survival for hiding.
[Wed Feb 20 21:12:55 2013] : DM: Waltham and Vaddyn how are you going to evade the patrol?
[Wed Feb 20 21:13:05 2013] : Waltham: ooc just loading my sheet
[Wed Feb 20 21:13:06 2013] : DM: Trantor is already out of sight, high up in the air.
[Wed Feb 20 21:13:14 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc knowledge Local to find a good hiding place?
[Wed Feb 20 21:13:21 2013] : Aeleva: ooc Henry please change your color :(
[Wed Feb 20 21:13:46 2013] : Waltham: ooc give me time, I've only just installed this laptop :-)
[Wed Feb 20 21:13:54 2013] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 20 21:14:01 2013] : DM: ooc knowledge: local will be a tough one.
[Wed Feb 20 21:14:09 2013] : Waltham: Waltham throws a stone down the street as a distraction Bluff: [1d20(9) + 9] = 18
[Wed Feb 20 21:14:15 2013] : Trantor: ooc sorry, my fly speed is only 60 ft (perfect) not 100 - just thought I'd clarify
[Wed Feb 20 21:14:24 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc how tough?
[Wed Feb 20 21:14:31 2013] : Waltham: ooc better?
[Wed Feb 20 21:14:38 2013] : Aeleva: ooc yes!
[Wed Feb 20 21:15:19 2013] : DM: Waltham buys you all a little more time to evade as the patrol stop and investigates the noise.
[Wed Feb 20 21:15:34 2013] : Miriam: Miriam ducks into an alley
[Wed Feb 20 21:15:37 2013] : Miriam: Acrobatics: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Wed Feb 20 21:15:49 2013] : DM: ooc if you are all out of ideas you can just run with an athletics check.
[Wed Feb 20 21:16:12 2013] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 20: Vaddyn takes 20 on his next knowledge roll.
[Wed Feb 20 21:16:15 2013] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Local: LoreMaster: [20 + 8] = 28
[Wed Feb 20 21:16:16 2013] : Trantor: ooc athletics is 4e ;-)
[Wed Feb 20 21:16:18 2013] : DM: ooc which doesn't exist...
[Wed Feb 20 21:16:22 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 20 21:16:37 2013] : Waltham: Waltham tries to squeeze into a narrow hiding place Acrobatics: [1d20(16) + 13] = 29
[Wed Feb 20 21:17:10 2013] : DM: Vaddyn knows about an ilicit gambling den close by. He can hole up there for a while.
[Wed Feb 20 21:18:03 2013] : Trantor: ooc that's cracking, love it
[Wed Feb 20 21:18:43 2013] : DM: Waltham nimbly squeezes through a narrow opening into the sewers, it dank and smelly but a perfect hiding spot.
[Wed Feb 20 21:18:50 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc nice flavour
[Wed Feb 20 21:19:01 2013] : Waltham: Waltham gets his gun ready, just in case
[Wed Feb 20 21:19:31 2013] : DM: Miriam, your hiding spot isn't so good. You could just run and cover your tracks (survivial).
[Wed Feb 20 21:19:36 2013] : Trantor: ooc Miriam should quickly slip on some high heels and a short skirt ;-)
[Wed Feb 20 21:19:52 2013] : Miriam: Miriam runs
[Wed Feb 20 21:19:57 2013] : Miriam: Survival: [1d20(12) + 9] = 21
[Wed Feb 20 21:20:23 2013] : Miriam: ooc I'm not that kind of dwarf, Trantor
[Wed Feb 20 21:20:54 2013] : DM: Your boots leave prints in the mud and muck of the alley way but you occasionally turn and rub out the tracks, until you find a quiet corner to wait.
[Wed Feb 20 21:21:17 2013] : Trantor: ooc is there a curfew? Because she's not wanted. Though being near the splatted body is probably not the best plan
[Wed Feb 20 21:21:48 2013] : DM: You all hear the patrol shout in alarm and the dead soldier lying on the cobbles. The patrol soon leave carrying away the corpse. There doesn't seem to be a wider alert.
[Wed Feb 20 21:22:15 2013] : Trantor: Trantor watches from high above
[Wed Feb 20 21:22:48 2013] : DM: After some time you can leave your hiding places and meet up in a small square near the back of the accountant's home.
[Wed Feb 20 21:23:02 2013] : Trantor: "I can speak..."
[Wed Feb 20 21:23:05 2013] : Miriam: "Phew"
[Wed Feb 20 21:23:26 2013] : Trantor: "This is the first form I've taken with vocal apparatus"
[Wed Feb 20 21:23:26 2013] : Vaddyn: "Wow, that was close"
[Wed Feb 20 21:23:41 2013] : Trantor: "Sorry, about the alarm..."
[Wed Feb 20 21:23:47 2013] : Aeleva: "indeed, it was"
[Wed Feb 20 21:24:02 2013] : Trantor: "He was harder to pull inside the vortex than I'd hoped"
[Wed Feb 20 21:25:33 2013] : Miriam: "Next time, can I just shoot?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:25:50 2013] : Waltham: "How quiet's your shooting?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:25:50 2013] : Vaddyn: "The last thing we needed was a full scale search for us"
[Wed Feb 20 21:25:58 2013] : Trantor: "If you think one arrow can kill him, then maybe that would be a good plan"
[Wed Feb 20 21:26:21 2013] : Trantor: "Provided your one arrow hits of course"
[Wed Feb 20 21:27:14 2013] : Trantor: ooc I slammed him for 10 damage, and he survived, so he wasn't a pushover
[Wed Feb 20 21:27:19 2013] : Miriam: "Of course"
[Wed Feb 20 21:27:48 2013] : Trantor: "OK, how do we get into the palace?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:28:26 2013] : Trantor: "Plus shooting him leaves a definite 'he was shot' look to the corpse"
[Wed Feb 20 21:29:35 2013] : DM: The accountant's house is a three story house of good size. Three wings surrounding a central courtyard.
[Wed Feb 20 21:30:08 2013] : DM: There are two soldiers on guard at the main entrace and one at the back protecting the servants entrance.
[Wed Feb 20 21:30:20 2013] : DM: There may be more guards inside but you can't tell.
[Wed Feb 20 21:31:17 2013] : Miriam: "How do we get in unnoticed?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:32:41 2013] : Vaddyn: "I'll try to draw the guard at the back away"
[Wed Feb 20 21:33:16 2013] : Miriam: "Want help?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:33:57 2013] : Vaddyn: "I was thinking I could maybe draw him round the corner and you jump him"
[Wed Feb 20 21:35:04 2013] : Waltham: "Would we be able to intimidate him into keeping quiet?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:35:24 2013] : DM: ooc sounds plausible
[Wed Feb 20 21:35:39 2013] : Vaddyn: "Need to get close enough without him raising an alarm first"
[Wed Feb 20 21:35:45 2013] : Miriam: "I can be quite intimidating, if I try"
[Wed Feb 20 21:36:19 2013] : Vaddyn: "Remember, its not about how dangerous you are, its how dangerous they think you are"
[Wed Feb 20 21:36:51 2013] : Miriam: "And I can look dangerous"
[Wed Feb 20 21:37:06 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 20 21:37:56 2013] : Waltham: "Whereas I'm more prone to misdirection. A good argument."
[Wed Feb 20 21:38:28 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Feb 20 21:38:45 2013] : DM: Any other plan?
[Wed Feb 20 21:39:12 2013] : Miriam: ooc Arguments are next door
[Wed Feb 20 21:39:39 2013] : Waltham: "I'm ready. I can keep him quiet, if I need to."
[Wed Feb 20 21:39:41 2013] : Miriam: "So: do you want me to frighten or to hit that guard?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:39:41 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc intimidate the back door guard into staying quiet and then get inside?
[Wed Feb 20 21:40:28 2013] : Waltham: "Frighten him if we can."
[Wed Feb 20 21:40:40 2013] : Aeleva: "I say you try to intimidate him first. If that does not work, you can always hit him"
[Wed Feb 20 21:41:20 2013] : Miriam: "OK"
[Wed Feb 20 21:41:43 2013] : Vaddyn: "But try not to kill him"
[Wed Feb 20 21:42:14 2013] : DM: Ok. Go!
[Wed Feb 20 21:43:11 2013] : DM: Initimidate skill check from someone.
[Wed Feb 20 21:43:16 2013] : Miriam: Intimidate: [1d20(15) + 9] = 24
[Wed Feb 20 21:43:21 2013] : Vaddyn: "Keep it quiet!"
[Wed Feb 20 21:43:23 2013] : Vaddyn: Intimidate: [1d20(4) + 15] = 19
[Wed Feb 20 21:43:25 2013] : Miriam: "Please be quiet"
[Wed Feb 20 21:43:44 2013] : Miriam: Miriam smiles unpleasantly
[Wed Feb 20 21:44:13 2013] : Waltham: Waltham just lets the others do the job.
[Wed Feb 20 21:44:35 2013] : DM: Miriam's threat is scarier for being polite. The solider, a young man still in his teens quakes in his boots. "What do you want?" he whispers.
[Wed Feb 20 21:45:04 2013] : Vaddyn: "We would like you to be quiet and let us though the gate. Very simple"
[Wed Feb 20 21:45:06 2013] : Miriam: "We need to go in for a moment"
[Wed Feb 20 21:45:39 2013] : DM: "Ok." shaky hands unlock the door and let you in.
[Wed Feb 20 21:45:59 2013] : Trantor: Trantor tells Arol to remain outside on the roof next door, hidden
[Wed Feb 20 21:46:05 2013] : Trantor: Handle Companion: [1d20(19) + 11] = 30
[Wed Feb 20 21:46:17 2013] : DM: The door leads to the kitchens, the house is still and quiet.
[Wed Feb 20 21:46:18 2013] : Miriam: "Shall I keep this nice young man company?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:46:22 2013] : Trantor: Arol - Stealth: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13
[Wed Feb 20 21:46:36 2013] : Vaddyn: "Not a bad idea, but try not to kill him"
[Wed Feb 20 21:46:59 2013] : Miriam: "I dislike killing, unless it's absolutely necessary"
[Wed Feb 20 21:47:34 2013] : Miriam: Miriam nods at the soldier
[Wed Feb 20 21:47:48 2013] : DM: Ok, the rest of you begin to search the house.
[Wed Feb 20 21:48:21 2013] : Aeleva: Aeleva is particularly looking for secret drawers or bookshelves that turn and open secret rooms
[Wed Feb 20 21:48:25 2013] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(20) + 14] = 34
[Wed Feb 20 21:48:48 2013] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(6) + 11] = 17
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:02 2013] : DM: Your search leads to the library and office on the upper floor. Aeleva identifies a false book that opens a secret panel into another small room.
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:18 2013] : DM: Inside is a desk stacked with ledgers and books and papers.
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:27 2013] : Aeleva: "Ha!"
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:30 2013] : Aeleva: "Here goes"
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:42 2013] : DM: In the corner is a strange statue. A grotesque, winged creature.
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:47 2013] : DM: Perception checks.
[Wed Feb 20 21:49:54 2013] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20
[Wed Feb 20 21:50:10 2013] : Waltham: Perception[1d20(18) + 12] = 30
[Wed Feb 20 21:50:16 2013] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Feb 20 21:50:16 2013] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(16) + 11] = 27
[Wed Feb 20 21:50:18 2013] : Aeleva: ooc unless it's for traps, in which case I have a higher bonus :P
[Wed Feb 20 21:50:27 2013] : Waltham: ooc I'm fading fast here guys - may be time for me to sleep
[Wed Feb 20 21:50:41 2013] : Trantor: ooc nn Henry
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:02 2013] : Waltham: ooc especally since I have an 8am meeting German time!
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:10 2013] : Waltham: ooc see you all in a couple of weeks, I hope
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:13 2013] : DM: Watham identifies the statue as a gargoyle.
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:25 2013] : DM: ooc ok, 'night Henry.
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:31 2013] : Waltham: "It's alive!" he whispers.
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:34 2013] : Waltham (exit): 21:51
[Wed Feb 20 21:51:45 2013] : Aeleva: "Alive?"
[Wed Feb 20 21:52:45 2013] : DM: Knowledge: arcana I think
[Wed Feb 20 21:52:49 2013] : Trantor: ooc apes don't make good stealthy searchers ;-)
[Wed Feb 20 21:52:50 2013] : DM: Or nature
[Wed Feb 20 21:52:53 2013] : Trantor: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18
[Wed Feb 20 21:53:08 2013] : Trantor: ooc arcana sounds more correct
[Wed Feb 20 21:53:50 2013] : DM: ooc monstrous humanoid so nature.
[Wed Feb 20 21:54:22 2013] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll [Wed Feb 20 21:54:24 2013] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: LoreMaster: [10 + 8] = 18
[Wed Feb 20 21:54:45 2013] : DM: The gargoyle is a stealth predator, masquerading as a statue until prey gets close enough. You suppose this one is trained to protect the contents of this room.
[Wed Feb 20 21:55:09 2013] : DM: They can fly but you know little else about it.
[Wed Feb 20 21:55:21 2013] : DM: Who goes first?
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:03 2013] : Trantor has sent you a tree node...
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:14 2013] : Trantor: "I'll go in"
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:32 2013] : Trantor: Trantor flies in and hovers in the far corner
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:38 2013] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:42 2013] : Trantor: Fly: [1d20(17) + 19] = 36 (ACP not applied)
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:42 2013] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:50 2013] : Trantor: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:52 2013] : Aeleva: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Feb 20 21:56:52 2013] : DM: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Feb 20 21:57:57 2013] : DM: The gargoyle awakes and attacks Trantor, flying and raking with claws.
[Wed Feb 20 21:58:06 2013] : DM: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15, [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Feb 20 21:58:09 2013] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Feb 20 21:58:13 2013] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Feb 20 21:58:32 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves closer
[Wed Feb 20 21:58:35 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents. +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Feb 20 21:58:43 2013] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Feb 20 21:59:17 2013] : DM: Aeleva?
[Wed Feb 20 21:59:22 2013] : Aeleva: Aeleva gets in, rapier in hand and aims.
[Wed Feb 20 21:59:45 2013] : Aeleva: ooc can I sneak in to flank?
[Wed Feb 20 21:59:59 2013] : Aeleva: Rapier +1: Attack: [1d20(12) + 11] = 23 - Damage: [1d6(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:00 2013] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:18 2013] : DM: Hit
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:25 2013] : Aeleva: ooc I mean, does that give the thing an OA?
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:36 2013] : DM: ooc It does
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:40 2013] : DM: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17, [1d6(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:48 2013] : DM: Miss
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:54 2013] : Aeleva: done.
[Wed Feb 20 22:00:59 2013] : DM: Trantor?
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:09 2013] : Trantor: Slam: [1d20(4) + 9] = 13 Damage: [1d4(4) + 5] = 9 HP.
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:17 2013] : DM: Miss
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:23 2013] : Trantor: ooc +2 for flank
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:33 2013] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:45 2013] : DM: Gargoyle attacks Trantor
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:50 2013] : DM: [1d20(7) + 7] = 14, [1d6(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:52 2013] : DM: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8, [1d6(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Feb 20 22:01:59 2013] : DM: [1d20(3) + 7] = 10, [1d4(1) + 2] = 3
[Wed Feb 20 22:02:03 2013] : DM: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26, [1d4(1) + 2] = 3
[Wed Feb 20 22:02:20 2013] : Trantor: ooc 1 hit
[Wed Feb 20 22:02:20 2013] : DM: It gores you will a horn. 3 damage.
[Wed Feb 20 22:02:27 2013] : Trantor: "argh"
[Wed Feb 20 22:02:28 2013] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Feb 20 22:02:43 2013] : Trantor: Damage: Trantor takes 3 damage. [Wed Feb 20 22:03:00 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc how high up is it?
[Wed Feb 20 22:03:29 2013] : DM: It's a your height. The room isn't very high.
[Wed Feb 20 22:04:18 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc do I know anything about gargoyle vulnerabilities?
[Wed Feb 20 22:04:38 2013] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:15 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves in drawing his sword, and attacks
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:24 2013] : Vaddyn: Cold Iron Longsword: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17 Damage: [1d8(6) + 6] = 12 HP.
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:31 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (16) rounds left today
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:37 2013] : DM: Hit, but it only scratchs the creature.
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:40 2013] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:49 2013] : DM: Perhaps it's only vulnerable to magic weapons?
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:57 2013] : DM: Aeleva?
[Wed Feb 20 22:05:57 2013] : Miriam: Miriam listens for any sounds from inside
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:00 2013] : Miriam: Perception: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:18 2013] : DM: Miriam isn't aware of the fight yet.
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:18 2013] : Aeleva: Trying my luck again at the sword.
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:23 2013] : Aeleva: Rapier +1: Attack: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18 - Damage: [1d6(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:31 2013] : DM: Hit
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:39 2013] : Aeleva: ooc I didn't get sneak last time
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:41 2013] : Aeleva: Sneak attack: [3d6(5,1,6)] = 12
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:45 2013] : Aeleva: done.
[Wed Feb 20 22:06:53 2013] : DM: Trantor?
[Wed Feb 20 22:07:02 2013] : Trantor: Air mastery bonus : Flying enemies suffer -1 to attack and damage vs an air elemental
[Wed Feb 20 22:07:06 2013] : Trantor: Slam: [1d20(2) + 13] = 15 Damage: [1d4(1) + 7] = 8 HP.
[Wed Feb 20 22:07:26 2013] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Feb 20 22:07:55 2013] : DM: Miss
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:07 2013] : DM: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11, [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:08 2013] : DM: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25, [1d6(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:21 2013] : DM: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25, [1d4(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:22 2013] : DM: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9, [1d4(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:27 2013] : Trantor: AC: Wild + MA + BS: 10 + Dex + Natural Armour + Mage Armour + Barkskin + Ring of prot: [10 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 1] = 25. (22 Flat; 14 Touch)
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:42 2013] : DM: Misses.
[Wed Feb 20 22:08:50 2013] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Feb 20 22:09:28 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn steps back and casts a spell
[Wed Feb 20 22:10:15 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc oh hang on, 10ft radius spell in here would be bad
[Wed Feb 20 22:10:17 2013] : Trantor: ooc it's likely I don't get that bonus - I'm not really an air elemental!
[Wed Feb 20 22:10:38 2013] : Trantor: Damage: Trantor takes 13 damage. [Wed Feb 20 22:11:07 2013] : Trantor: ooc wildshape is a bit of a rules nightmare :-)
[Wed Feb 20 22:11:50 2013] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Feb 20 22:11:58 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn draws his bow and shoots one of his few magical arrows
[Wed Feb 20 22:12:10 2013] : Vaddyn: MW Comp (+2) Shortbow (+1 Acid arrows): [1d20(19) + 8] = 27, Damage: [1d8(8) + 5 + 1d6(1)] = 14 HP.
[Wed Feb 20 22:12:22 2013] : DM: A hit
[Wed Feb 20 22:12:27 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (15) rounds left today
[Wed Feb 20 22:12:32 2013] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Feb 20 22:13:05 2013] : DM: The arrow very nearly slays the stony creature,
[Wed Feb 20 22:13:16 2013] : DM: Aeleva?
[Wed Feb 20 22:13:26 2013] : Aeleva: What the arrow didn't do, Aeleva attempts.
[Wed Feb 20 22:13:28 2013] : Aeleva: Rapier +1: Attack: [1d20(4) + 11] = 15 - Damage: [1d6(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Feb 20 22:13:56 2013] : DM: Miss
[Wed Feb 20 22:14:00 2013] : Aeleva: done.
[Wed Feb 20 22:14:19 2013] : DM: Although it looks like you're missing the bard song bonus. Are you?
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:03 2013] : Aeleva: ooc no I have it, I think.
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:09 2013] : Vaddyn: ooc +2 bardsong, and flanking
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:20 2013] : Aeleva: trying out.
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:22 2013] : Aeleva: Rapier +1: Attack: [1d20(16) + 11] = 27 - Damage: [1d6(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:34 2013] : Aeleva: ghmm. that didn't do anything.
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:43 2013] : Aeleva: ooc. Turned off bardsong..
[Wed Feb 20 22:15:59 2013] : DM: Ok, you hit and slay the creature, its body crumbling to gravel.
[Wed Feb 20 22:16:58 2013] : DM: 960 XP each for all the encounters.
[Wed Feb 20 22:17:24 2013] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn turns to Trantor
[Wed Feb 20 22:17:25 2013] : Aeleva: ooc :)
[Wed Feb 20 22:17:27 2013] : Vaddyn: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(8) + 5] = 13 HP
[Wed Feb 20 22:17:47 2013] : Vaddyn: "Now, what was that thing guarding?"
[Wed Feb 20 22:17:49 2013] : DM: The desk as the papers and documentation you need. Transactions channelling funds from taxes into Lord Hubert's pockets.
[Wed Feb 20 22:17:53 2013] : DM: GAME END