Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Dec 12 19:41:28 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Dec 12 19:42:56 2012] : DM: You are escorting three prisoners to hand them over the King's Army, at their main camp near the town. You threatened that unless they cooperated you would turn them over to Lady Felicity. Along the way you were ambushed by ogres and an assassin vine.
[Wed Dec 12 19:43:49 2012] : DM: During the fight the prisoners attempted to escape but they did not get very far. You decided to not follow through with your threat and are continuing on to the army camp.
[Wed Dec 12 19:44:17 2012] : Trantor: ooc we're pussies
[Wed Dec 12 19:45:29 2012] : DM: ooc what rank would a officer in charge of 300 be?
[Wed Dec 12 19:45:36 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I'm a paladin: I'm supposed to be a pussy ;)
[Wed Dec 12 19:45:57 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Lieutenant?
[Wed Dec 12 19:46:28 2012] : Trantor: ooc no idea
[Wed Dec 12 19:47:00 2012] : Trantor: ooc Captain?
[Wed Dec 12 19:48:04 2012] : DM: ooc changing camp to barracks...
[Wed Dec 12 19:48:40 2012] : DM: After a few hours of travelling, you arrive at the army barracks at the outside of the camp, a solder guarding the gates motions you to stop.
[Wed Dec 12 19:49:01 2012] : Private Smythe: "Halt! Who goes there?"
[Wed Dec 12 19:49:07 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas stops her horse
[Wed Dec 12 19:49:40 2012] : Finduilas: "I'm Finduilas Ar, paladin of Sarenrae"
[Wed Dec 12 19:49:51 2012] : Trantor: Unaccustomed to dealing with strangers, Trantor looks at the others
[Wed Dec 12 19:49:52 2012] : Finduilas: "I'm Finduilas Ar-Fieniel, paladin of Sarenrae"
[Wed Dec 12 19:50:03 2012] : Private Smythe: "What is your business here?"
[Wed Dec 12 19:50:18 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Forgetting half of my name :(
[Wed Dec 12 19:50:42 2012] : Finduilas: "We need to speak with your superior, concerning some prisoners"
[Wed Dec 12 19:51:04 2012] : Private Smythe: "Wait here."
[Wed Dec 12 19:51:34 2012] : Finduilas: "We're not going anywhere"
[Wed Dec 12 19:51:49 2012] : Private Smythe: He goes inside and you see him talking with an officer. The officer looks at you frowning.
[Wed Dec 12 19:51:51 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks down at Private Smythe
[Wed Dec 12 19:51:57 2012] : Private Smythe: The private returns.
[Wed Dec 12 19:52:44 2012] : Private Smythe: "We are not responsible for law enforcement, if you have captured suspect criminals you should hand him over to local law enforcement."
[Wed Dec 12 19:53:33 2012] : Finduilas: "These people are involved in a conflict that surpasses local law enforcement"
[Wed Dec 12 19:54:18 2012] : Private Smythe: Diplomacy check.
[Wed Dec 12 19:54:22 2012] : Trantor: "I fear that were we to hand them over to their opponents, they would be tortured, possibly to death"
[Wed Dec 12 19:54:25 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva lets Finduilas speak
[Wed Dec 12 19:54:39 2012] : Finduilas: Diplomacy: [1d20(20) + 10] = 30
[Wed Dec 12 19:54:49 2012] : Trantor: ooc that'll do ;-)
[Wed Dec 12 19:54:56 2012] : Finduilas: ooc It should ;)
[Wed Dec 12 19:55:22 2012] : Private Smythe: Private Smythe hurries away again and has more discussions with his commanding officer. The officer goes away.
[Wed Dec 12 19:55:38 2012] : Private Smythe: The private returns again. "If you would wait here awhile."
[Wed Dec 12 19:56:12 2012] : Finduilas: "Can't we wait somewhere more ... comfortable"
[Wed Dec 12 19:56:25 2012] : Private Smythe: The sargeant returns with another officer with more stripes, more discussions are had. Perception check to see if you can hear them.
[Wed Dec 12 19:56:34 2012] : Finduilas: Perception: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Dec 12 19:57:03 2012] : Finduilas: ooc What do Aeleva or Trantor hear?
[Wed Dec 12 19:57:23 2012] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed Dec 12 19:57:43 2012] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(7) + 10] = 17
[Wed Dec 12 19:58:08 2012] : Private Smythe: The private apologizes but insists you wait here.
[Wed Dec 12 19:59:02 2012] : Aeleva: brb
[Wed Dec 12 19:59:47 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas stretches herself, while remaining in the saddle
[Wed Dec 12 19:59:54 2012] : Trantor: "I'm not sure that they want to take sides"
[Wed Dec 12 20:00:28 2012] : Trantor: "And they seem to be unhappy with the unrest caused by tax collectors"
[Wed Dec 12 20:00:31 2012] : Finduilas: "Whatever they decide, somebody needs to make sure these people don't return to battle"
[Wed Dec 12 20:00:40 2012] : Trantor: "Perhaps we can play on that"
[Wed Dec 12 20:00:55 2012] : Finduilas: "What do you have in mind?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:01:31 2012] : Private Smythe: Through the next half an hour, more and more senior officers arrive. Eventually the most senior arrives, makes a decision and you are escorted into the barracks.
[Wed Dec 12 20:02:03 2012] : Trantor: "I just meant we should explain"
[Wed Dec 12 20:02:35 2012] : DM: The barracks are a collector of low stone building with slate roofs arranged a square courtyard. A stone wall encircles the place and their are two gated entrances.
[Wed Dec 12 20:04:06 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas dismounts and enters the barracks
[Wed Dec 12 20:04:07 2012] : DM: The sargeant barks orders to two soldiers and they escort your prisoners away. (To you) "Follow me, please. The major will see you in his office."
[Wed Dec 12 20:04:23 2012] : Finduilas: "Of course, please lead the way"
[Wed Dec 12 20:05:04 2012] : DM: The office is sparsely furnished and dominated by a large map on the wall, covered in little pins and flags of different colours and shapes.
[Wed Dec 12 20:05:53 2012] : DM: Make int checks.
[Wed Dec 12 20:06:23 2012] : Finduilas: Intelligence: [1d20(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Dec 12 20:06:27 2012] : Aeleva: Intelligence: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Dec 12 20:06:29 2012] : Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Dec 12 20:07:12 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks at the map
[Wed Dec 12 20:07:15 2012] : Trantor: Intelligence: [1d20(7) + -1] = 6
[Wed Dec 12 20:07:27 2012] : Aeleva: ooc what a bunch of idiots ;)
[Wed Dec 12 20:07:32 2012] : DM: You look at the map but glean no useful information from it -- there's just too much information to process with not enough context.
[Wed Dec 12 20:07:35 2012] : Finduilas: ooc We're just tired :P
[Wed Dec 12 20:08:31 2012] : DM: The major is dressed in his battle uniform and greats you.
[Wed Dec 12 20:08:35 2012] : DM: Sense motive.
[Wed Dec 12 20:09:05 2012] : Aeleva: Sense Motive: [1d20(9) + 9] = 18
[Wed Dec 12 20:09:08 2012] : Trantor: Sense Motive: [1d20(20) + 2] = 22
[Wed Dec 12 20:09:33 2012] : ** Major Walsy found the F11 macro key **
[Wed Dec 12 20:09:38 2012] : Finduilas: Sense Motive: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Dec 12 20:09:53 2012] : Major Walsy: The major look tired and fed up.
[Wed Dec 12 20:10:07 2012] : Major Walsy: "This is a bit of a pickle you've put me in."
[Wed Dec 12 20:10:10 2012] : Finduilas: "Good day, Sir"
[Wed Dec 12 20:10:19 2012] : Finduilas: "In what way, Sir?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:11:07 2012] : Major Walsy: "I shouldn't get involved in the stupid squabble but I can't very well have allow prisoners of war to be tortured."
[Wed Dec 12 20:11:33 2012] : Major Walsy: "Not that we know for sure what Lady Felicty is capable of but I have read reports."
[Wed Dec 12 20:11:48 2012] : Major Walsy: "What am I to do with them? And you for that matter?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:11:49 2012] : Trantor: "It's unfortunate tha we had to learn this first hand"
[Wed Dec 12 20:12:34 2012] : Trantor: "Only after we'd met Felicity did we learn about how she treats prisoners"
[Wed Dec 12 20:12:59 2012] : Trantor: "We are merely outsiders trying to help those caught in the middle"
[Wed Dec 12 20:13:15 2012] : Finduilas: "But quite frankly we don't feel sympathetic to either side, just with the people in the middle"
[Wed Dec 12 20:13:43 2012] : Finduilas: ooc We're saying the same thing again, Craig
[Wed Dec 12 20:14:48 2012] : Major Walsy: "Hrm. The prisoners can stay here as, ah, guests."
[Wed Dec 12 20:15:12 2012] : Finduilas: "Just to keep them out of harms way, of course"
[Wed Dec 12 20:15:30 2012] : Major Walsy: "Of course, for their own safety."
[Wed Dec 12 20:16:33 2012] : Major Walsy: "Now, we could use an independent crew such as yourselves. Interested in some work for the King and the people of this duchy?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:16:39 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas smiles at the Major
[Wed Dec 12 20:16:53 2012] : Finduilas: "How can we assist you?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:17:25 2012] : Trantor: "I'm certainly interested in helping the poor people caught between these two 'ahem' leaders"
[Wed Dec 12 20:18:01 2012] : Major Walsy: The major looks at Aeleva to see if she has a comment.
[Wed Dec 12 20:19:49 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas nudges Aeleva
[Wed Dec 12 20:20:07 2012] : Major Walsy: "What we need is evidence on Lord Hubert's or Lady Felicity's crimes. With that evidence we are permitted to intervene."
[Wed Dec 12 20:20:08 2012] : Aeleva: "I'm always on for interesting things"
[Wed Dec 12 20:20:20 2012] : ** Aeleva found the F11 macro key **
[Wed Dec 12 20:20:34 2012] : Aeleva: "and what you just said is... highly interesting"
[Wed Dec 12 20:21:01 2012] : Trantor: "I'm willing to give sworn testimony, under spell that the prisoners we led to Felicity were taken for torture"
[Wed Dec 12 20:21:19 2012] : Finduilas: "And what if we find out they're both acting equally ... distasteful"
[Wed Dec 12 20:21:30 2012] : Major Walsy: "Did you see instruments of torture, witness the act itself?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:21:59 2012] : Finduilas: "No, we didn't"
[Wed Dec 12 20:22:06 2012] : Trantor: "I'm afraid I feel rather ashamed of my involvement, in taking them there"
[Wed Dec 12 20:23:00 2012] : Aeleva: "I believe however, that we probably could try and get, if not testimony, at least visual confirmation of the chamber of torture"
[Wed Dec 12 20:23:21 2012] : Major Walsy: "Then you have nothing but hearsay and rumours and suspicious. That is just not good enoug for the King to become involved."
[Wed Dec 12 20:23:46 2012] : Aeleva: ooc we can't make photos with our iphones, man, hwhat kind of proof do you want? ;)
[Wed Dec 12 20:23:59 2012] : Aeleva: ooc and no, I don't have an iPhone. :P
[Wed Dec 12 20:24:15 2012] : Aeleva: "I understand, what would be proof enough?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:24:19 2012] : Finduilas: "Of course, if we witnessed torture, and freed and brought you the victims, that surely would be more than enough?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:24:50 2012] : Finduilas: "Not that I wish to witness anything like that"
[Wed Dec 12 20:24:57 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas shudders
[Wed Dec 12 20:25:57 2012] : Major Walsy: Background: The kingdom is a loose collection of dukedoms with significant atonomy. Historically, If the other dukes saw the king or queen trying to seize more power they would rebel.
[Wed Dec 12 20:26:41 2012] : Major Walsy: "Eye witness accounts, testimony from a victim, any written orders or documents."
[Wed Dec 12 20:26:55 2012] : Finduilas: "I understand"
[Wed Dec 12 20:27:00 2012] : Trantor: "Understood. I may have a plan"
[Wed Dec 12 20:28:15 2012] : Finduilas: "Yes? What is it"
[Wed Dec 12 20:28:46 2012] : Trantor: "We needn't trouble the Major with it"
[Wed Dec 12 20:29:17 2012] : Trantor: "Just suffice to say, we want this stopped and we'll try to get evidence"
[Wed Dec 12 20:29:29 2012] : Major Walsy: "You may also consider investigating Lord Hubert's finances. He has been squeezing the town's folk particular hard for taxes."
[Wed Dec 12 20:29:51 2012] : Aeleva: "haven't they all?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:29:52 2012] : Finduilas: "And here again: witnesses, papers, anything like that"
[Wed Dec 12 20:30:03 2012] : Aeleva: "Anyway, we'll be on our way and we will get back to you."
[Wed Dec 12 20:30:06 2012] : Major Walsy: "Yes -- we need hard evidence."
[Wed Dec 12 20:30:12 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I'm a bit lost, we've worked for Felicity so far, right?
[Wed Dec 12 20:30:20 2012] : Trantor: "You could start by asking the tax collector we just brought in"
[Wed Dec 12 20:30:49 2012] : Trantor: "Otherwise, the village we left were more than happy to be rid of Hubert's men"
[Wed Dec 12 20:31:01 2012] : Trantor: "They can give first hand account"
[Wed Dec 12 20:31:02 2012] : Major Walsy: "Question our guests? That wouldn't be right. But if you wanted to talk to them, I'm sure that could be arranged."
[Wed Dec 12 20:31:35 2012] : Major Walsy: "Tax collecting and high taxes aren't a crime, it would have to be evidence of any wrong-doing in the way the money was used."
[Wed Dec 12 20:32:19 2012] : Trantor: ooc brb
[Wed Dec 12 20:32:25 2012] : Finduilas: "Ah, I see"
[Wed Dec 12 20:34:14 2012] : Trantor: "Well, what shall we do?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:34:37 2012] : Trantor: "I think that speaking to the guests is lower priority than ending torture"
[Wed Dec 12 20:34:42 2012] : Major Walsy: I assume you've left the office?
[Wed Dec 12 20:35:04 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I'd think so, yes
[Wed Dec 12 20:35:24 2012] : Finduilas: "The guests might be able to tell us where to look, though"
[Wed Dec 12 20:35:41 2012] : Aeleva: "And if they're guests, they might actually be gone when we come back."
[Wed Dec 12 20:35:54 2012] : Aeleva: "I would try and chat with them for a bit, before we go to Felicity"
[Wed Dec 12 20:36:00 2012] : Aeleva: "But please, do share your idea with us"
[Wed Dec 12 20:36:01 2012] : Major Walsy: ooc they're "guests", complete with air quotes.
[Wed Dec 12 20:36:12 2012] : Aeleva: ooc yes, but who knows ;)
[Wed Dec 12 20:37:06 2012] : Trantor: "Well, you know that I can become a fearsome lizard..."
[Wed Dec 12 20:37:25 2012] : Trantor: "I can also become a smaller animal, such as a bird"
[Wed Dec 12 20:37:37 2012] : Finduilas: "Go on ..."
[Wed Dec 12 20:37:54 2012] : Trantor: "Perhaps I can get in there and take a look?2
[Wed Dec 12 20:38:07 2012] : Trantor: "Maybe fly away with some evidence"
[Wed Dec 12 20:38:11 2012] : Aeleva: "Heh. Great for reconnaissance
[Wed Dec 12 20:38:30 2012] : Aeleva: "and if you can't, maybe I can go and snatch it once you know where it is"
[Wed Dec 12 20:38:34 2012] : Aeleva: "Sounds good"
[Wed Dec 12 20:38:46 2012] : Trantor: ooc at level 6 I can turn into an earth elemental and earth glide in and out
[Wed Dec 12 20:38:50 2012] : DM: ooc you'll need a few pieces of evidence depending on how compelling they are.
[Wed Dec 12 20:39:03 2012] : Finduilas: "Using our strengths: that sounds like a good plan"
[Wed Dec 12 20:39:10 2012] : DM: ooc how far away is level 6?
[Wed Dec 12 20:39:18 2012] : Trantor: ooc soon
[Wed Dec 12 20:40:01 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Another 1,390 xp to go
[Wed Dec 12 20:40:44 2012] : Trantor: ooc 1090 according to the wiki
[Wed Dec 12 20:42:15 2012] : Trantor: "So that was my plan"
[Wed Dec 12 20:42:30 2012] : Finduilas: ooc So I missed 300 somehow
[Wed Dec 12 20:42:39 2012] : Trantor: ooc it seems so
[Wed Dec 12 20:42:47 2012] : Aeleva: ooc brb
[Wed Dec 12 20:45:39 2012] : Aeleva: ooc you all gone?
[Wed Dec 12 20:45:43 2012] : Aeleva: ooc :)
[Wed Dec 12 20:45:59 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Still here :)
[Wed Dec 12 20:46:06 2012] : Trantor: ooc I spoke last :-P
[Wed Dec 12 20:46:15 2012] : DM: ooc no one has other plans?
[Wed Dec 12 20:46:42 2012] : Trantor: ooc I kind of expected Aeleva to have a sneak about
[Wed Dec 12 20:46:52 2012] : Finduilas: "Shouldn't we rest before riding out again? That would give us time to chat with the *guests* as well"
[Wed Dec 12 20:47:14 2012] : Trantor: "I'd agree with that. We're no use exhausted"
[Wed Dec 12 20:47:14 2012] : Aeleva: "I think we should. And I might just take a look around the barracks/camp before we go"
[Wed Dec 12 20:47:32 2012] : Trantor: ooc not here Aeleva!
[Wed Dec 12 20:47:39 2012] : Trantor: ooc LOL
[Wed Dec 12 20:47:58 2012] : Aeleva: ooc err, I said it.
[Wed Dec 12 20:48:05 2012] : Aeleva: ooc or what do you mean?
[Wed Dec 12 20:48:18 2012] : Trantor: ooc a plan, regarding Felicity!
[Wed Dec 12 20:48:47 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I said that you should do the first reconnaissance, and I'd go afterwards if needed.
[Wed Dec 12 20:48:51 2012] : Aeleva: ooc :)
[Wed Dec 12 20:49:34 2012] : Trantor: ooc I missed that totally - but Sam is bugging me about why I've never sorted out label printing with a mail merge
[Wed Dec 12 20:49:52 2012] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed Dec 12 20:50:11 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Have you two reached an agreement now? :)
[Wed Dec 12 20:50:28 2012] : Trantor: ooc she's hand writing the cards again :-(
[Wed Dec 12 20:51:12 2012] : Trantor: "So, rest then talk to the prisoners, err guests of the king?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:51:57 2012] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Dec 12 20:52:33 2012] : Finduilas: "We can rest after talking, or do you think waiting will make them more eager to talk?"
[Wed Dec 12 20:53:24 2012] : Aeleva: "Depends a lot on how they are treated here"
[Wed Dec 12 20:53:33 2012] : Aeleva: "But we need to rest some anyway"
[Wed Dec 12 20:55:59 2012] : DM: ooc this doesn't seem to be a very engaging session does it?
[Wed Dec 12 20:56:08 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas checks on the guests, to make sure the're treated well
[Wed Dec 12 20:56:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc sometimes you have to formulate plans etc.
[Wed Dec 12 20:56:57 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I think we all crave some action, even though we need to gather information, formulate plans etc. first
[Wed Dec 12 20:57:51 2012] : DM: ooc I need a plan so I have time to think how it might go horrible wrong ;)
[Wed Dec 12 20:58:02 2012] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed Dec 12 20:58:16 2012] : Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Dec 12 20:58:26 2012] : Aeleva: "But I'd like us to sit down and think how we're going to goo about this"
[Wed Dec 12 20:58:45 2012] : Aeleva: "Trantor suggested changing into a small animal to see whether he could gather information"
[Wed Dec 12 20:58:56 2012] : Aeleva: "I find that's a pretty good start, so that we see where we lie"
[Wed Dec 12 20:59:21 2012] : Aeleva: "If he finds anything, then we'll need to make sure we can use this in a plausible way"
[Wed Dec 12 20:59:28 2012] : Aeleva: "to prove Felicity's wrongdoings"
[Wed Dec 12 20:59:45 2012] : Aeleva: ooc nobody answered my question. We actually are on Felicity's good side for nosw, right?
[Wed Dec 12 21:00:05 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Felicity still thinks so, I hope
[Wed Dec 12 21:00:13 2012] : DM: ooc As far as you know, yes.
[Wed Dec 12 21:00:34 2012] : Trantor: ooc we've done nothing to upset her as far as we know
[Wed Dec 12 21:01:23 2012] : Aeleva: "We still need to tell her that we've accomplished what she asked of us"
[Wed Dec 12 21:01:34 2012] : Trantor: "Indeed"
[Wed Dec 12 21:01:40 2012] : Aeleva: "So basically, she should be happy to see us"
[Wed Dec 12 21:01:47 2012] : Aeleva: "Which makes getting in quite easy"
[Wed Dec 12 21:02:18 2012] : Finduilas: ooc But you can't let me get close to her now, because I might feel compelled to tell her how I feel about her now
[Wed Dec 12 21:02:59 2012] : DM: ooc say so in character
[Wed Dec 12 21:03:28 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I will
[Wed Dec 12 21:03:58 2012] : Finduilas: Ooc Sorry, I’ll be right back
[Wed Dec 12 21:04:02 2012] : Finduilas (exit): 21:04
[Wed Dec 12 21:04:30 2012] : Aeleva: "This said, we were supposed to bring the prisoners back, right? What are we going to tell her about that?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:04:45 2012] : Trantor: "There was no talk of prisoners that I remember"!
[Wed Dec 12 21:04:55 2012] : Finduilas (enter): 21:04
[Wed Dec 12 21:04:56 2012] : Trantor: "We can simply say that none surrendered"
[Wed Dec 12 21:05:16 2012] : Trantor: "Then lament their follishness"
[Wed Dec 12 21:05:24 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Sorry about that: keyboard playing up, restarting the session is the only thing that helps then
[Wed Dec 12 21:06:19 2012] : Finduilas: "You do realise, of course, that I can't lie? I can refuse to answer a direct question, but my code of conduct forbids outright lying"
[Wed Dec 12 21:06:43 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (10) Finduilas...
[Wed Dec 12 21:06:47 2012] : Aeleva: "Yes, I was thinking about this, and how this might make our task a bit more difficult"
[Wed Dec 12 21:06:49 2012] : Trantor: "So you can sit and be quiet?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:07:11 2012] : Trantor: "Can you not think of it this way..?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:07:13 2012] : Finduilas: "Not if there's a risk of me being asked a direct question"
[Wed Dec 12 21:07:40 2012] : Trantor: "The woman is murdering and torturing..."
[Wed Dec 12 21:07:58 2012] : Trantor: "If we keep quiet, and get the evidence we need, we can stop her"
[Wed Dec 12 21:08:24 2012] : Trantor: "If we confront her because you cannot lie, she has everyone kill us"
[Wed Dec 12 21:08:26 2012] : Finduilas: "I understand all that, I really do, but I can't do anything underhand"
[Wed Dec 12 21:08:36 2012] : Trantor: "More people are then tortured and die"
[Wed Dec 12 21:09:01 2012] : Finduilas: "I can avoid being in her presence"
[Wed Dec 12 21:09:01 2012] : DM: ooc which makes a paladin a pain in the arse. I seem to recall you saying you wouldn't be that sort of paladin.
[Wed Dec 12 21:10:12 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Actually, bringing this up and volunteering to avoid this situation is already a big compromise for a paladin
[Wed Dec 12 21:10:48 2012] : Finduilas: ooc But I'm prepared to go with what the other players decide
[Wed Dec 12 21:10:50 2012] : Trantor: "I guess that we could leave you outside the camp"
[Wed Dec 12 21:11:01 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Players: not characters :)
[Wed Dec 12 21:11:05 2012] : Trantor: ooc and missing the game :-/
[Wed Dec 12 21:11:41 2012] : DM: ooc from my perspective, playing a strict paladin give that player a veto of all sort of interesting, cool plans. Why would you want to do that?
[Wed Dec 12 21:13:08 2012] : Finduilas: ooc David: this is a character I played before, as LG, so playing her too differently would mean playing a different character. Plus: LG makes a paladin more challenging *shrug*
[Wed Dec 12 21:13:08 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I think you should consider going for the higher motive. ie. stop torture, and not add to it.
[Wed Dec 12 21:13:43 2012] : Aeleva: ooc but you did say that you would try and play it differently :P
[Wed Dec 12 21:14:08 2012] : Finduilas: ooc And I'm trying that, but it's hard
[Wed Dec 12 21:14:52 2012] : Finduilas: "I guess I could try to avoid answering questions, redirect them to others or some such"
[Wed Dec 12 21:15:03 2012] : Aeleva: "So we have a few options"
[Wed Dec 12 21:15:26 2012] : Aeleva: "Either Finduilas stays out of the camp while we go and deliver our message"
[Wed Dec 12 21:16:05 2012] : Aeleva: "Or we try to use this to our advantage"
[Wed Dec 12 21:16:24 2012] : Trantor: Trantor raises an eyebrow
[Wed Dec 12 21:16:26 2012] : Aeleva: "One thing I don't understand though. We actually don't *know* that Felicity is torturing people"
[Wed Dec 12 21:16:30 2012] : Aeleva: "We just think so"
[Wed Dec 12 21:16:43 2012] : Aeleva: "Is it part of your code to go and confront her right away, without proof?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:16:54 2012] : Trantor: "It seemed pretty obvious to me"
[Wed Dec 12 21:17:13 2012] : Finduilas: "No, not really. It's what I personally would prefer, but I don't have to do that"
[Wed Dec 12 21:17:13 2012] : Trantor: ooc it was pretty unambiguous
[Wed Dec 12 21:17:37 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I'm trying!
[Wed Dec 12 21:18:14 2012] : Aeleva: "So do you think you could keep yourself on check while we gather the necessary proof to incriminate her?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:18:16 2012] : Finduilas: "I wouldn't call it confront her, though, just being straight and give her a chance to convince me I'm wrong in my suspicions"
[Wed Dec 12 21:18:29 2012] : Finduilas: "Of course I could"
[Wed Dec 12 21:18:44 2012] : Aeleva: "OK."
[Wed Dec 12 21:19:23 2012] : Aeleva: "So do you have a plan that does not jeopardize our gathering information?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:21:05 2012] : Finduilas: "My plans are mostly: see evil, fight, win"
[Wed Dec 12 21:21:41 2012] : DM: ooc one woman versus an army.... I don't think "win" features heavily.
[Wed Dec 12 21:21:55 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Dec 12 21:22:00 2012] : Aeleva: ooc heh
[Wed Dec 12 21:22:23 2012] : Trantor: "But you must see the logic in pitting yourself against a foe you can beat?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:22:37 2012] : Trantor: "I would not attempt to fight an elder dragon"
[Wed Dec 12 21:22:49 2012] : Trantor: "But I may be able to warn others of its approach"
[Wed Dec 12 21:23:10 2012] : Trantor: ooc *not* pitting
[Wed Dec 12 21:23:14 2012] : Finduilas: "I'm not always fighting, Trantor, but it is what comes natural to me"
[Wed Dec 12 21:23:35 2012] : Trantor: ooc never mind, I said can beat (d'oh!)
[Wed Dec 12 21:23:55 2012] : Aeleva: "Well, I see only one thing. Either you promise you will stay put, or you'll have to stay outside of the camp"
[Wed Dec 12 21:24:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Yes, you said it right first time :)
[Wed Dec 12 21:24:13 2012] : Trantor: "I understand that, but you do not serve your god by being pulverised pointlessly by an army committing evil acts"
[Wed Dec 12 21:24:49 2012] : Trantor: "Or an army under the command of one who is"
[Wed Dec 12 21:24:52 2012] : Finduilas: "Didn't I already say that I'll try to keep my mouth shut? I also promise to not start attacking"
[Wed Dec 12 21:25:04 2012] : Trantor: ooc LOL
[Wed Dec 12 21:25:11 2012] : Finduilas: ooc And it's goddess, not god :P
[Wed Dec 12 21:25:18 2012] : Aeleva: "Good."
[Wed Dec 12 21:25:37 2012] : Aeleva: "Then Trantor, what do you think? What animal is best suited for our purpose?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:25:46 2012] : Trantor: ooc how should I know - you made it up!
[Wed Dec 12 21:25:52 2012] : Trantor: ooc :-P
[Wed Dec 12 21:26:54 2012] : Trantor: "At present I can only change into a large-ish bird, or something similar"
[Wed Dec 12 21:27:16 2012] : Finduilas: "Like a stork you mean?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:27:25 2012] : DM: ooc turkey in December. Oh dear.
[Wed Dec 12 21:27:30 2012] : Trantor: ooc a small animal - but I was loath to say small bird, as they are tiny, or even diminutive in D&D parlance
[Wed Dec 12 21:27:43 2012] : Trantor: "Or a hawk perhaps"
[Wed Dec 12 21:28:59 2012] : Trantor: "No, a hawk is too small... An eagle"
[Wed Dec 12 21:29:20 2012] : Aeleva: "Hmmm. That's pretty big."
[Wed Dec 12 21:29:25 2012] : Finduilas: "Those birds are supposed to have good eye sight"
[Wed Dec 12 21:29:28 2012] : Trantor: "Yes"
[Wed Dec 12 21:29:33 2012] : DM: ooc good for aerial survilence but not sneaking into tents.
[Wed Dec 12 21:30:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc I forgot it was inside a tent, for some rason I thought of it like a tent-walled court
[Wed Dec 12 21:30:43 2012] : Aeleva: "Can you turn into a dog, or a wolf, or some kind of animal we could have at our side?"
[Wed Dec 12 21:31:38 2012] : Finduilas: "A dog sounds good"
[Wed Dec 12 21:32:13 2012] : Trantor: "Yes, I could do that... even a small dog"
[Wed Dec 12 21:32:20 2012] : Trantor: "Or a cat"
[Wed Dec 12 21:32:27 2012] : Aeleva: "That might be better"
[Wed Dec 12 21:32:40 2012] : Aeleva: "You could come in with us as an animal and just "run away"
[Wed Dec 12 21:32:46 2012] : Aeleva: "Or something."
[Wed Dec 12 21:33:02 2012] : Aeleva: "I think a cat is better suited"
[Wed Dec 12 21:33:05 2012] : DM: ooc sound good, a cat nosing around won't attract attension.
[Wed Dec 12 21:33:48 2012] : Finduilas: "Cats can get just about anywhere, climb on tables and what not, without people thinking anything about it"
[Wed Dec 12 21:34:36 2012] : Trantor: ooc damn - a cat is 'tiny'
[Wed Dec 12 21:34:50 2012] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed Dec 12 21:35:43 2012] : DM: ooc I'm inclined to allow it, unless you prefer to stick to the rules, Craig.
[Wed Dec 12 21:35:44 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Go for a big cat: a cheetah ;)
[Wed Dec 12 21:36:06 2012] : Trantor: ooc I can just become a big looking moggy
[Wed Dec 12 21:36:18 2012] : Aeleva: ooc what's a moggy?
[Wed Dec 12 21:36:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc bad slang for a cat
[Wed Dec 12 21:37:40 2012] : Trantor: ooc particularly, a rough non-pedigree type
[Wed Dec 12 21:37:52 2012] : Trantor: ooc think Greebo from Pratchett ;-)
[Wed Dec 12 21:38:03 2012] : DM: ooc You seem to be converging on a plan. Can I summarize?
[Wed Dec 12 21:38:10 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I know the word: do you think it's related to mongrel?
[Wed Dec 12 21:38:21 2012] : Trantor: ooc no idea
[Wed Dec 12 21:38:38 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Please do, DM
[Wed Dec 12 21:39:01 2012] : Aeleva: ooc yep
[Wed Dec 12 21:39:13 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes DM
[Wed Dec 12 21:39:32 2012] : DM: So, Trantor transforms in a cat and uses that form to snoop about undetected. Sneaking into the alleged torture tent and anywhere where there might be written evidence.
[Wed Dec 12 21:39:57 2012] : DM: Aeleva, (if needed) sneaks about (at night I presume) and recovered any evidence.
[Wed Dec 12 21:40:24 2012] : DM: Finduilas stands around, sword ready in case something goes wrong and you need to flee in a hurry.
[Wed Dec 12 21:40:32 2012] : DM: Vaddyn does... ? what?
[Wed Dec 12 21:40:44 2012] : DM: ooc Is that a fair summary? I don't want to make the plan for you.
[Wed Dec 12 21:40:57 2012] : Aeleva: ooc yes
[Wed Dec 12 21:41:03 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes
[Wed Dec 12 21:41:03 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Vaddyn has high charisma, right?
[Wed Dec 12 21:41:12 2012] : DM: ooc I believe so yes.
[Wed Dec 12 21:41:13 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Vaddyn and his ape are back up, probably
[Wed Dec 12 21:41:19 2012] : Aeleva: ooc so probably handling all the talking with Felicity and stuff.
[Wed Dec 12 21:41:39 2012] : Aeleva: ooc the ape is Trantor's :)
[Wed Dec 12 21:42:23 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Sorry about that
[Wed Dec 12 21:42:30 2012] : DM: ooc Finduilas, happy about the plan?
[Wed Dec 12 21:42:40 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Yes, I am
[Wed Dec 12 21:43:17 2012] : DM: ooc excellent, I think we'll end it here.
[Wed Dec 12 21:43:20 2012] : DM: GAME END