Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 24 19:43:50 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 24 19:44:14 2012] : DM: You've returned in Ceriontyn having cleared the ruins beneath the Baron's hunting lodge of evil.
[Wed Oct 24 19:44:30 2012] : DM: You have yet to collect your reward.
[Wed Oct 24 19:45:41 2012] : Baron Oswald: The baron sees you in his private office.
[Wed Oct 24 19:46:08 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Are the ruins safe now?"
[Wed Oct 24 19:46:53 2012] : Finduilas: "Yes, they are, mylord"
[Wed Oct 24 19:47:32 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Excellent, I expect you'll be wanting your reward now."
[Wed Oct 24 19:48:31 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas remains silent
[Wed Oct 24 19:48:56 2012] : Baron Oswald: "I have instructed my banker that you draw one thousand and five hundred gold pieces."
[Wed Oct 24 19:49:01 2012] : Trantor: "It will certainly help us to fight the good fight"
[Wed Oct 24 19:49:39 2012] : Baron Oswald: "You have proved to be very useful to this town. Are you planning to stay in the area?"
[Wed Oct 24 19:49:43 2012] : Vaddyn: "Thank you, my lord"
[Wed Oct 24 19:50:09 2012] : Vaddyn: "To be honest my Lord, we haven't discussed it"
[Wed Oct 24 19:50:24 2012] : Finduilas: "If there's work for us we might, my lord"
[Wed Oct 24 19:51:57 2012] : Vaddyn: "In essence we are naught but a casual collective. None of us holds sway over any other"
[Wed Oct 24 19:52:27 2012] : Baron Oswald: "If you looking to move on there are some reports of some sort of disturbance in Yswan to the east."
[Wed Oct 24 19:53:59 2012] : Finduilas: "What kind of disturbance?"
[Wed Oct 24 19:55:12 2012] : Baron Oswald: "We only received the reports by carrier pigeon this morning."
[Wed Oct 24 19:55:27 2012] : Baron Oswald: "There are reports of civil unrest and rioting."
[Wed Oct 24 19:55:54 2012] : Baron Oswald: "But I don't have other information at this time."
[Wed Oct 24 19:56:37 2012] : Trantor: "An excellent use of our nature friends"
[Wed Oct 24 19:56:51 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Unfortunatly my court wizard is away on business so I have no reliable or fast way to obtain additional information."
[Wed Oct 24 19:57:11 2012] : Vaddyn: ""Thank you my lord, we shall discuss our plans this evening. Is there someone we shoudl inform if we plan to investigate?"
[Wed Oct 24 19:58:39 2012] : Baron Oswald: "No, but if you find anything that would affect this town I would appreciate being kept informed."
[Wed Oct 24 20:00:46 2012] : Vaddyn: "Of course my Lord, of course"
[Wed Oct 24 20:00:50 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Unless you have any further questions, there is business I need to attend to."
[Wed Oct 24 20:01:30 2012] : Vaddyn: "No my lord, we shall keep you no longer. Good day"
[Wed Oct 24 20:01:48 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn bows and leaves
[Wed Oct 24 20:01:57 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc makes him sound like a tree
[Wed Oct 24 20:02:25 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas bows and leaves
[Wed Oct 24 20:02:48 2012] : Trantor: Trantor bows like he doesn't know what he's doing, or why
[Wed Oct 24 20:02:57 2012] : Baron Oswald: As you are crossing the great hall you see Miranda waving at you.
[Wed Oct 24 20:03:27 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn smiles and approaches
[Wed Oct 24 20:05:08 2012] : MIranda: Instead of her practical outdoor clothes she's wearing a dress. She seems less confident here in the castle than when you met her at the lodge.
[Wed Oct 24 20:05:12 2012] : MIranda: "Hello."
[Wed Oct 24 20:05:49 2012] : MIranda: "I have something for you. Um. A reward for killing all those evil creatures."
[Wed Oct 24 20:05:51 2012] : Finduilas: "Hello. Can I help you?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:05:58 2012] : Vaddyn: "Hello Miranda. Nice dress"
[Wed Oct 24 20:06:42 2012] : MIranda: Miranda frown slightly at the comment. "Father makes me wear it when important people are visiting. He says I must make a good impression."
[Wed Oct 24 20:07:09 2012] : Trantor: "I take it that's not us"
[Wed Oct 24 20:07:49 2012] : MIranda: "Oh." She blushes. "No, you are important!"
[Wed Oct 24 20:08:20 2012] : Finduilas: "Thank you, how kind of you to say that"
[Wed Oct 24 20:08:28 2012] : MIranda: "The whole town is talking about you and what you did about the werewolves and the evil you defeated at the lodge."
[Wed Oct 24 20:09:15 2012] : MIranda: "I don't think you're the sort of people that care about fancy clothes and stuff, that's all."
[Wed Oct 24 20:09:30 2012] : MIranda: "Anyway, I wanted you to have something."
[Wed Oct 24 20:09:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps we will make it into a song. I have always wanted to the subject of a song or even a old tale"
[Wed Oct 24 20:10:27 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn gazes wistfully into the distance
[Wed Oct 24 20:10:29 2012] : MIranda: She holds out two plain rings, faded patterns marking the bands of silvers.
[Wed Oct 24 20:10:52 2012] : Trantor: "What are they?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:11:06 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn snaps back to reality
[Wed Oct 24 20:11:25 2012] : Vaddyn: "You didn't have to do this. We were happy to rid the world of that... thing"
[Wed Oct 24 20:11:36 2012] : MIranda: "They once belonged to my grandmother. She said they protect the wearer from harm. I suppose they're magic."
[Wed Oct 24 20:12:41 2012] : Vaddyn: "May I have a look?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:13:11 2012] : Finduilas: "That's way too much to just give away to us, even though we appreciate the gesture"
[Wed Oct 24 20:13:21 2012] : MIranda: "But if you handn't done it then father would have sent his soldiers and they would have laid traps and all sorts of nasty things and killed lots of creatures."
[Wed Oct 24 20:13:33 2012] : Trantor: ooc umm, is this the daughter from the ruins, or the woman from the wizard tower?
[Wed Oct 24 20:13:59 2012] : MIranda: ooc this the Baron's daughter who you met at the lodge.
[Wed Oct 24 20:14:09 2012] : Vaddyn: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Wed Oct 24 20:14:30 2012] : Trantor: ooc OK, was the other woman called Miranda, or is my memeory just failing me?
[Wed Oct 24 20:14:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc Not that two people can't have the same name anyway!
[Wed Oct 24 20:15:16 2012] : Vaddyn: "You are correct Miranda, the rings are magical"
[Wed Oct 24 20:16:09 2012] : Trantor: "That's very kind of you Miranda"
[Wed Oct 24 20:16:19 2012] : MIranda: ooc I don't remember a wizard's tower in this campaign.
[Wed Oct 24 20:16:42 2012] : Trantor: ooc LOL, just my memory then
[Wed Oct 24 20:17:31 2012] : Finduilas: ooc IIRC there was a Miranda in another campaign
[Wed Oct 24 20:17:39 2012] : Vaddyn: "We must tell you that we had to kill a crocodile, however we tried our best not to. It was under the influence of a a very evil presence"
[Wed Oct 24 20:18:12 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc yes, there was. The 4e one I think
[Wed Oct 24 20:18:38 2012] : MIranda: "Oh." She seems surprised by your honesty.
[Wed Oct 24 20:19:36 2012] : MIranda: ooc you're making it hard to hand out the quest rewards ;)
[Wed Oct 24 20:20:25 2012] : Vaddyn: "There were four of them. We drove three of them away, but the last would not leave."
[Wed Oct 24 20:20:58 2012] : MIranda: "I didn't even know there were crocodiles in this part of the world. What were they like?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:21:20 2012] : Finduilas: "Big, green, huge teeth, in the water"
[Wed Oct 24 20:21:27 2012] : MIranda: "Were they terribly fierce and dangerous? I have read about them in books of course."
[Wed Oct 24 20:21:49 2012] : Finduilas: "They were rather fierce, yes"
[Wed Oct 24 20:22:34 2012] : MIranda: "I suppose if it's kill or be eaten then I guess it's ok."
[Wed Oct 24 20:23:06 2012] : MIranda: "Now please takes these rings. It's rude to refuse a gift, my father says."
[Wed Oct 24 20:23:10 2012] : Trantor: "It was the only way to get down to the sources of the evil"
[Wed Oct 24 20:23:10 2012] : Finduilas: "It was a choice between the beast or us, yes"
[Wed Oct 24 20:24:36 2012] : Vaddyn: "If there had been another way we would've chosen it"
[Wed Oct 24 20:24:52 2012] : MIranda: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 24 20:26:29 2012] : MIranda: ooc have you taken the rings?
[Wed Oct 24 20:27:06 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas is hesitant. How old does Miranda look?
[Wed Oct 24 20:27:09 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 24 20:27:11 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc That sounds like a leading question...
[Wed Oct 24 20:27:31 2012] : Trantor: "We will take them"
[Wed Oct 24 20:27:45 2012] : Trantor: "Thankyou very much for your generosity"
[Wed Oct 24 20:28:47 2012] : MIranda: Miranda says good bye and leaves.
[Wed Oct 24 20:29:18 2012] : DM: ooc Two rings of protection +1
[Wed Oct 24 20:29:23 2012] : Finduilas: "Are you sure we should keep these rings? Shouldn't we tall her father about this gift?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:30:16 2012] : Trantor: "Why?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:30:36 2012] : Vaddyn: "If she is considered responsible enough to wander as far as those ruins, I consider her responsible enough to give us the rings"
[Wed Oct 24 20:30:57 2012] : Trantor: "A very good point Vaddyn"
[Wed Oct 24 20:31:06 2012] : Trantor: "It's not like she's insensible"
[Wed Oct 24 20:31:18 2012] : Vaddyn: "She knew what she was giving us, at least to a certain degree"
[Wed Oct 24 20:32:09 2012] : Trantor: ooc I already have one of those, so I won't need ont
[Wed Oct 24 20:32:11 2012] : Trantor: ooc one
[Wed Oct 24 20:32:19 2012] : Finduilas: "Hmm, there is some merit in what you're saying. But she seems to be very young still and I wonder about her judgement."
[Wed Oct 24 20:32:32 2012] : Trantor: "They look similar to this ring that I already have"
[Wed Oct 24 20:32:34 2012] : DM: ooc she's 15. Not that young.
[Wed Oct 24 20:32:47 2012] : Vaddyn: "She has given me every indication of being a capable, trustworthy person. Look at her concern for the creatures"
[Wed Oct 24 20:33:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas is talking about the way she acts, and not so much about her physical age
[Wed Oct 24 20:33:16 2012] : Vaddyn: "She was willing to do what she could to help, but sensible enough to know her limits"
[Wed Oct 24 20:33:47 2012] : Vaddyn: "Unlike us at times"
[Wed Oct 24 20:34:00 2012] : DM: ooc lols
[Wed Oct 24 20:34:22 2012] : Finduilas: "Hmm, indeed"
[Wed Oct 24 20:35:33 2012] : Vaddyn: "I feel a grand thirst building. Lets go have a chat about our futures"
[Wed Oct 24 20:35:57 2012] : Finduilas: "Indeed, I'd love some wine myself"
[Wed Oct 24 20:37:16 2012] : Trantor: ooc how much cash do we have?
[Wed Oct 24 20:37:40 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc thats an interesting question
[Wed Oct 24 20:37:47 2012] : Trantor: ooc there's 3300 GP on the inventory page, but that is only from this current adventure!
[Wed Oct 24 20:38:42 2012] : DM: ooc I think you're still under the recommeded weath per level.
[Wed Oct 24 20:40:17 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I assume the 3300 is the group money
[Wed Oct 24 20:40:25 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 24 20:41:02 2012] : Trantor: ooc so less than 700 each if split 5 ways
[Wed Oct 24 20:41:32 2012] : Trantor: ooc but I just got me a club that's got to be +2 in value
[Wed Oct 24 20:41:35 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I've no idea how much money I have individually. I've not spent much if anything since starting, beyond a silver sword
[Wed Oct 24 20:41:43 2012] : Trantor: Osyluth Stinger (Club): [1d20(13) + 8] = 21 Damage: [1d6(5) + 5] = 10 HP + poison - DC 16 Fort save or [1d4(4)] = 4 Str damage.
[Wed Oct 24 20:41:51 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I have one note of recieving 360 gp: loot from the hunting lodge
[Wed Oct 24 20:42:50 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc that was the goblets etc that we did a possibly dodgy appraisal of
[Wed Oct 24 20:43:20 2012] : DM: ooc I said the correct value for those
[Wed Oct 24 20:43:50 2012] : Trantor: ooc that's on the wiki at 1800 gp
[Wed Oct 24 20:44:00 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc oh, ok. ISTR we all got very poor rolls, but hey
[Wed Oct 24 20:45:47 2012] : Trantor: ooc did anyone need a +1 ring of protection??
[Wed Oct 24 20:46:05 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Was our 1,500 gp reward for the hunting lodge included in the 3,300 gp?
[Wed Oct 24 20:46:13 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 24 20:46:16 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I don't have one yet
[Wed Oct 24 20:46:21 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc already got one
[Wed Oct 24 20:46:23 2012] : DM: ooc they stack with armor.
[Wed Oct 24 20:47:19 2012] : Trantor: "Finduilas, take this"
[Wed Oct 24 20:47:42 2012] : Trantor: "I guess we should see if Alaeva or ..."
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:02 2012] : Trantor: ooc the gun guy
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:10 2012] : DM: ooc Waltham
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:13 2012] : Trantor: "Waltham want the other"
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:26 2012] : Trantor: ooc yeah forgot it was on the wiki
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:34 2012] : Finduilas: "Thank you, Trantor"
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:55 2012] : Trantor: "I't's not mine"
[Wed Oct 24 20:48:59 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas dons the ring
[Wed Oct 24 20:50:44 2012] : Vaddyn: "So, what do you both think of the Barons suggestion?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:50:51 2012] : Trantor: "Let's get a room for the night, then head off to this other town tomorrow?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:52:17 2012] : Finduilas: "Yes, that sounds good"
[Wed Oct 24 20:52:52 2012] : Vaddyn: "Ok. Should we bring this collection of goblets etc with us or sell them here?"
[Wed Oct 24 20:53:35 2012] : Trantor: "Sell them"
[Wed Oct 24 20:53:50 2012] : Trantor: "We don't want to be carting them around"
[Wed Oct 24 20:53:55 2012] : Vaddyn: "Makes sense"
[Wed Oct 24 20:53:56 2012] : Trantor: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 24 20:55:49 2012] : Finduilas: "Money would be much more of a help for us in our fight against evil than assorted trinkets"
[Wed Oct 24 20:56:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "It was more of a sell them here or sell them there query"
[Wed Oct 24 20:57:45 2012] : Finduilas: "Ah, OK"
[Wed Oct 24 20:58:44 2012] : Trantor: ooc just looked to see if my char sheet had my current cash on it...
[Wed Oct 24 20:59:00 2012] : Trantor: ooc nope, it's a new printout with no sign of my old one"
[Wed Oct 24 20:59:04 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Mine doesn't
[Wed Oct 24 21:00:49 2012] : Trantor: Trantor heads for a tavern with somewhere to bed Arol down
[Wed Oct 24 21:00:52 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc What is the average for our level?
[Wed Oct 24 21:01:35 2012] : Trantor: www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement
[Wed Oct 24 21:01:42 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc 10,500
[Wed Oct 24 21:02:12 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc that presumably includes any existing kit
[Wed Oct 24 21:02:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc with the addition of my club, I'm exceeding that
[Wed Oct 24 21:02:41 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn goes to the tavern too
[Wed Oct 24 21:03:33 2012] : DM: ooc how much over?
[Wed Oct 24 21:05:13 2012] : Trantor: ooc me?
[Wed Oct 24 21:05:28 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 24 21:06:08 2012] : Trantor: ooc depends how much the club is worth... if it's valued at +2 (8000 gp) then 6000 (starting) + 8000 = 14,000
[Wed Oct 24 21:06:20 2012] : Trantor: ooc I figure it will even out
[Wed Oct 24 21:07:19 2012] : DM: ooc I don't think the club is that powerful.
[Wed Oct 24 21:07:37 2012] : Trantor: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 24 21:07:40 2012] : DM: ooc the DC is not that high.
[Wed Oct 24 21:08:28 2012] : DM: Yswaun is 3 days away.
[Wed Oct 24 21:09:03 2012] : DM: It's a larger town than Ceriotyn and sits beside a main river.
[Wed Oct 24 21:09:44 2012] : DM: The principle industry is timer from the surrounding forest. The logs are shipped out by barge to the shipyards on the eastern coast.
[Wed Oct 24 21:10:05 2012] : Finduilas: ooc With timer you mean timber?
[Wed Oct 24 21:10:14 2012] : DM: Timber
[Wed Oct 24 21:10:58 2012] : DM: The town is governed by a mostly autonymous baron.
[Wed Oct 24 21:11:49 2012] : DM: The timber is trade is controlled by the Queen as it is a vital supply for the kingdom's navy.
[Wed Oct 24 21:13:08 2012] : DM: On your journey to Yswaun you cross the border between the two baronies in the middle of the ancient forest.
[Wed Oct 24 21:14:02 2012] : DM: The transition is clear as the state of the road becomes quite bad with many more potholes.
[Wed Oct 24 21:15:27 2012] : DM: Closer to town you pass through a small village with a lumber mill and a cluster of houses.
[Wed Oct 24 21:15:57 2012] : DM: The mill is guard by a squad of professional looking soliders wearing the queen's colours.
[Wed Oct 24 21:16:24 2012] : DM: The village houses are all looking shabby and in need of repair.
[Wed Oct 24 21:16:37 2012] : Finduilas: "Soldiers? How can there be problems with soldiers stationed here?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:16:49 2012] : DM: A weathered sign of a saw and axe hangs in front of the local tavern.
[Wed Oct 24 21:16:59 2012] : Vaddyn: "The Baron mentioned civil unrest"
[Wed Oct 24 21:18:29 2012] : Trantor: "Maybe the soldiers are the problem"
[Wed Oct 24 21:18:49 2012] : Trantor: "They look very fine in their uniforms, while the village looks tired"
[Wed Oct 24 21:19:21 2012] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps"
[Wed Oct 24 21:19:30 2012] : Finduilas: "We'd better find out what's wrong here then"
[Wed Oct 24 21:20:54 2012] : Vaddyn: "Lets see if we can find out anythig in the tavern"
[Wed Oct 24 21:21:20 2012] : Finduilas: "That usually is a good place to start"
[Wed Oct 24 21:22:11 2012] : DM: This early in the afternoon there tavern is mostly empty except for a few old folk. Hands callused and faces creased and weatherbeaten from decades of hard work outdoors.
[Wed Oct 24 21:22:54 2012] : Trantor: "Arol, go play in the trees"
[Wed Oct 24 21:23:16 2012] : DM: They look up a bit suspicious;ly as you walk in.
[Wed Oct 24 21:24:42 2012] : Bob: "Eh. Who are you then?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:25:29 2012] : Vaddyn: "Just some travellers"
[Wed Oct 24 21:25:58 2012] : Vaddyn: "We have just come from Ceriontyn"
[Wed Oct 24 21:26:23 2012] : Finduilas: "We're hungry, thirsty and tired. Would you gentlemen like to join us in a drink?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:26:30 2012] : Bob: "Oh. Aye, I 'spec you've not heard the news then?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:26:33 2012] : Trantor: "I am a guardian of the wilds"
[Wed Oct 24 21:27:41 2012] : Vaddyn: "News? Do tell"
[Wed Oct 24 21:29:02 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks around for a server and orders four drinks
[Wed Oct 24 21:29:03 2012] : Bob: "The baron died two weaks ago and his childern have been arguing who gets to be next."
[Wed Oct 24 21:29:27 2012] : Finduilas: "Really?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:29:53 2012] : Bob: "Aye. Twins you see and no one can remember who was first out, like."
[Wed Oct 24 21:29:57 2012] : Trantor: "Aren't these things usually set out in law?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:30:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "And I'll bet you're all caught in the middle of their arguments"
[Wed Oct 24 21:30:13 2012] : Trantor: "Ah. Seems rather forgetful"
[Wed Oct 24 21:30:44 2012] : Bob: "Lady Filicity says she's the rightful heir but Lord Hubert says he is."
[Wed Oct 24 21:31:11 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 24 21:31:51 2012] : Bob: "They were arguing in court for a while but now they're fighting."
[Wed Oct 24 21:32:18 2012] : Bob: "Naturally the army is had to put their big boots in to protect the timber trade."
[Wed Oct 24 21:32:35 2012] : Bob: "You must have seen the soldier up by the mill?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:32:44 2012] : Finduilas: "Yes, we did"
[Wed Oct 24 21:32:47 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed Oct 24 21:33:32 2012] : Vaddyn: "Physically fighting??"
[Wed Oct 24 21:33:43 2012] : Trantor: 2DO THEY EACH HAVE A STANDING ARMY?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:34:01 2012] : Trantor: "Do they each have a standing army?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:34:15 2012] : Trantor: "And which side are those ones outside on?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:34:29 2012] : Bob: "Seems the baron's forces have split down the middle."
[Wed Oct 24 21:35:03 2012] : Bob: "The army is just keeping the timber moving right now."
[Wed Oct 24 21:35:07 2012] : Finduilas: "Couldn't they just join forces and rule together?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:35:52 2012] : Finduilas: ooc A boy and a girl and nobody remembers who was born first? LOL
[Wed Oct 24 21:36:05 2012] : Bob: "Ha! Unlikely."
[Wed Oct 24 21:37:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "It sounds as if one will have to give up their claim, or be exiled, or killed"
[Wed Oct 24 21:37:33 2012] : Vaddyn: "Unless someone can find evidence of birthright"
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "Of course, one of them may already have that evidence and is keeping it hidden for obvous reasons"
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:13 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas makes sure the drinks for Bob and friends keep coming
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:21 2012] : Trantor: "I thought that in such cases the male was the heir?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:44 2012] : Finduilas: ooc How sexist of you! :P
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:46 2012] : Bob: Bob looks at you funny. "What sort of backwards thinking is that?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:46 2012] : Trantor: "I've never heard of a woman claiming the throne from her brother"
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:54 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn gives it some thought
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:56 2012] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 20: Vaddyn takes 20 on his next knowledge roll.
[Wed Oct 24 21:38:59 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nobility: LoreMaster: [20 + 7] = 27
[Wed Oct 24 21:40:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "Hasn't been like that for quite some time. Hundreds of years in fact"
[Wed Oct 24 21:42:01 2012] : Bob: "I don't know much more, we don't get a lot of news in this village."
[Wed Oct 24 21:42:37 2012] : Bob: "Head to town if you want to know more. Or turn right back round and keep away."
[Wed Oct 24 21:44:34 2012] : Vaddyn: "Is it that bad?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:44:59 2012] : Bob: "It could get really bad."
[Wed Oct 24 21:45:15 2012] : Vaddyn: "Civil war?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:46:19 2012] : Bob: "Aye. I remember by grandmother telling me stories of when she was a solider the last time there was a problem with the succession."
[Wed Oct 24 21:46:45 2012] : Bob: "Nasty little civil war that was."
[Wed Oct 24 21:47:21 2012] : Finduilas: "That's the worst kind of war, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Do you have any idea what we could do to help?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:47:55 2012] : Vaddyn: "I've yet to hear of a civil war that wasn't nasty"
[Wed Oct 24 21:48:02 2012] : Bob: "You look like capable folk. Perhaps you could support one side's claim."
[Wed Oct 24 21:49:21 2012] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps. But which side is the best for everyone"
[Wed Oct 24 21:49:24 2012] : Trantor: "I suppose stopping the bloodshed clould justify arbirarily picking a side... either one... If it would help"
[Wed Oct 24 21:49:42 2012] : Vaddyn: "I would hate to put a tyrant in charge"
[Wed Oct 24 21:50:24 2012] : Finduilas: "Who do you think would be the wisest and most just ruler?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:50:39 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Bob
[Wed Oct 24 21:50:44 2012] : Bob: "Hrrrm. They've both have their faults. I'd not sure I'd describe either of them as wise and just."
[Wed Oct 24 21:51:44 2012] : Bob: "Best see if you talk to people in town or the Lady Felity and Lord Hubert themselves if you can."
[Wed Oct 24 21:51:51 2012] : Bob: "Judge for yourselves."
[Wed Oct 24 21:52:09 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn nods
[Wed Oct 24 21:52:26 2012] : Finduilas: "Yes, you're right, of course"
[Wed Oct 24 21:53:22 2012] : Trantor: "Take nobody's word for it"
[Wed Oct 24 21:53:43 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc what time is it?
[Wed Oct 24 21:53:50 2012] : Bob: ooc about 3pm
[Wed Oct 24 21:55:08 2012] : Vaddyn: "Bob, how far away is the town?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:55:29 2012] : Bob: "Just over a day of travel."
[Wed Oct 24 21:56:36 2012] : Vaddyn: "Looks like we'll be staying the night then. Are there lodgings here?"
[Wed Oct 24 21:57:08 2012] : Bob: The innkeeper will find some way of putting you up for the night.
[Wed Oct 24 21:58:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "May as well have a few more ales before bed then"
[Wed Oct 24 21:59:44 2012] : Bob: ooc question the soliders?
[Wed Oct 24 22:00:00 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc was considering that
[Wed Oct 24 22:00:31 2012] : Trantor: "Will the soldiers be boarding here?"
[Wed Oct 24 22:00:43 2012] : Trantor: "It's worth us chatting with them"
[Wed Oct 24 22:00:55 2012] : Vaddyn: "Wouldn't hurt"
[Wed Oct 24 22:00:57 2012] : Bob: "They bivvie in the mill."
[Wed Oct 24 22:01:26 2012] : Finduilas: "Want to stroll over there after dinner?"
[Wed Oct 24 22:02:44 2012] : Vaddyn: "Why not"
[Wed Oct 24 22:02:44 2012] : Trantor: "Sure"
[Wed Oct 24 22:03:07 2012] : DM: Later on, you meet up with the squad leader, Corporal Marly.
[Wed Oct 24 22:04:26 2012] : Cpl. Marly: He's a professional soldier and and repeatedly directs you to his "superiors".
[Wed Oct 24 22:04:32 2012] : Cpl. Marly: Diplomacy check
[Wed Oct 24 22:04:39 2012] : Finduilas: Diplomacy: [1d20(14) + 10] = 24
[Wed Oct 24 22:05:00 2012] : Finduilas: "We heard about some trouble here and were wondering if we could help"
[Wed Oct 24 22:05:24 2012] : Cpl. Marly: "We're hear to make sure there is no trouble."
[Wed Oct 24 22:05:55 2012] : Cpl. Marly: "At least, no trouble that will dissrupt the timber supplies."
[Wed Oct 24 22:06:29 2012] : Cpl. Marly: "Bloody irresponsible if you ask me to muck about with the navy."
[Wed Oct 24 22:06:57 2012] : Vaddyn: "What are they doing to it?"
[Wed Oct 24 22:07:30 2012] : Cpl. Marly: "We need the timber for new ships, what with the increase in raiding and piracy."
[Wed Oct 24 22:08:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "So who's holding up timber production?"
[Wed Oct 24 22:09:05 2012] : Trantor: "So the idea of civil war is less os an issue for you than the loss of timber?"
[Wed Oct 24 22:09:55 2012] : Cpl. Marly: He shrugs. "If it gets too bad we can defeat them both and restore peace."
[Wed Oct 24 22:10:37 2012] : Cpl. Marly: The corporal doesn't seem particularly knowledgable about local politics.
[Wed Oct 24 22:10:56 2012] : Finduilas: "That might cause problems with the locals"
[Wed Oct 24 22:11:39 2012] : Finduilas: "And baron Oswald might not be too pleased about it either"
[Wed Oct 24 22:11:55 2012] : Cpl. Marly: He shrugs. "I don't really care."
[Wed Oct 24 22:12:35 2012] : Cpl. Marly: GAME END