Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 19 20:01:05 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 19 20:02:50 2012] : DM: You're looking out into a large opening. A wide open cravass, with a small stream following quickly down it, the edge of the cravass is hung with long strands of dripping moss.
[Wed Sep 19 20:03:37 2012] : DM: An otyugh is shoveling rotting matter and dead animals into is cavernous maw.
[Wed Sep 19 20:04:00 2012] : DM: It's eyestalk swivels around and looks towards you.
[Wed Sep 19 20:04:05 2012] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Sep 19 20:04:07 2012] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Sep 19 20:04:09 2012] : Trantor: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11
[Wed Sep 19 20:04:19 2012] : Finduilas: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20
[Wed Sep 19 20:04:50 2012] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 1] = 14
[Wed Sep 19 20:05:21 2012] : DM: Finduilas?
[Wed Sep 19 20:05:55 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas runs forward
[Wed Sep 19 20:06:16 2012] : Finduilas: Done
[Wed Sep 19 20:07:28 2012] : DM: The otyugh splashes towards through the stream.
[Wed Sep 19 20:07:34 2012] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Sep 19 20:08:16 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn advances and starts being inspiring
[Wed Sep 19 20:08:23 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents. +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Sep 19 20:09:37 2012] : DM: ooc done?
[Wed Sep 19 20:10:30 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc sorry yes
[Wed Sep 19 20:10:32 2012] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Sep 19 20:10:35 2012] : DM: Trantor?
[Wed Sep 19 20:10:48 2012] : Trantor: Trantor moves in, then casts a spell
Arol charges

[Wed Sep 19 20:11:00 2012] : Trantor: Barkskin: Level 2 - Gives the target a +2 bonus to Natural Armour for 50 minutes.
[Wed Sep 19 20:11:17 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Claw - Power Attack: Reach 10 - [1d20(3) + 9] = 12 Damage: [1d6(5) + 10] = 15 HP.
[Wed Sep 19 20:11:22 2012] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Sep 19 20:11:22 2012] : DM: Miss
[Wed Sep 19 20:11:28 2012] : DM: Finduilas?
[Wed Sep 19 20:11:44 2012] : Trantor: ooc Trantor's AC is now 21
[Wed Sep 19 20:12:19 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas attacks
[Wed Sep 19 20:12:30 2012] : Finduilas: Silvered Longsword +1: [1d20(9) + 11] = 20 Damage: [1d8(8) + 5] = 13 HP.
[Wed Sep 19 20:12:37 2012] : Finduilas: Done
[Wed Sep 19 20:12:39 2012] : DM: Hit
[Wed Sep 19 20:13:37 2012] : Otyugh: The abberation retailiates, stepping back before lashing out with bite and tentacles.
[Wed Sep 19 20:13:58 2012] : Otyugh: ooc monster node is wrong.
[Wed Sep 19 20:15:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc We'll wait while you fix it
[Wed Sep 19 20:15:16 2012] : Otyugh: Bite: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11; Hit: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10 damage and disease.
[Wed Sep 19 20:15:17 2012] : Otyugh: Tentacle: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6; Hit: [1d6(2) + 2] = 4 damage and disease.
[Wed Sep 19 20:15:18 2012] : Otyugh: Tentacle: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15; Hit: [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 damage and disease.
[Wed Sep 19 20:15:37 2012] : Otyugh: All missed.
[Wed Sep 19 20:15:52 2012] : DM: Vaddyn
[Wed Sep 19 20:16:21 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves in a little closer and casts a spell
[Wed Sep 19 20:16:30 2012] : Vaddyn: Hideous Laughter: Level 1 - Target within 35 feet must pass a DC 15 Will save or fall prone laughing and losing all actions (though not helpless) for 4 rounds. A new save may be attempted each round, and is a full round action.
[Wed Sep 19 20:16:40 2012] : DM: Will: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Sep 19 20:16:45 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn maintains his inspirational demeanor:+1 competence bonus to attack and damage; +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects. (5) rounds left today
[Wed Sep 19 20:17:01 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc oops, that should be +2 on the maintain
[Wed Sep 19 20:17:02 2012] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Sep 19 20:17:25 2012] : DM: The creature's laughter is hideous to hear.
[Wed Sep 19 20:17:33 2012] : DM: Trantor?
[Wed Sep 19 20:17:42 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Ouch
[Wed Sep 19 20:17:45 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc the joke was more hideous!
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:00 2012] : Trantor: Arol takes a step
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:05 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Bite - Power Attack: [1d20(10) + 9] = 19 Damage: [1d6(6) + 10] = 16 HP.
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:12 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Really? And it still managed to inspire us?
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:14 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Claw - Power Attack: Reach 10 - [1d20(2) + 9] = 11 Damage: [1d6(2) + 10] = 12 HP.
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:17 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Claw - Power Attack: Reach 10 - [1d20(18) + 9] = 27 Damage: [1d6(6) + 10] = 16 HP.
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:34 2012] : Trantor: ooc not sure if the bite actually has reach
[Wed Sep 19 20:18:54 2012] : Trantor: ooc feel free to count that out
[Wed Sep 19 20:19:00 2012] : DM: Arol's bite kills the monster.
[Wed Sep 19 20:19:24 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Already? I'm totally amazed
[Wed Sep 19 20:20:18 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Sep 19 20:20:19 2012] : DM: 400 XP each
[Wed Sep 19 20:20:25 2012] : Trantor: ooc I remember them being a lot harder
[Wed Sep 19 20:21:42 2012] : Trantor: Trantor doesn't say a word as he's still in wildshape
[Wed Sep 19 20:22:03 2012] : Trantor: ooc is the river passable?
[Wed Sep 19 20:22:05 2012] : Vaddyn: "Good work Arol"
[Wed Sep 19 20:22:37 2012] : DM: The stream is shallow enough to wade across.
[Wed Sep 19 20:23:10 2012] : Trantor: Trantor crosses the stream, looking for a nest of some sort
[Wed Sep 19 20:23:16 2012] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(4) + 10] = 14
[Wed Sep 19 20:23:27 2012] : Finduilas: "Lots of monsters to fight here"
[Wed Sep 19 20:23:33 2012] : DM: The stream flows down from the surface and then flows deeper into the ground into a tunnel, wide and high enough to walk down.
[Wed Sep 19 20:24:00 2012] : Finduilas: "Are we following the river then?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:24:08 2012] : Vaddyn: "So do we take the wet or dry path?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:24:42 2012] : Finduilas: "Either way we'll have to step in the water"
[Wed Sep 19 20:24:42 2012] : DM: There's a loose pile of indigestible items all covered in foul smelling slime.
[Wed Sep 19 20:25:18 2012] : DM: Most are rusted pieces of junk but one piece shines.
[Wed Sep 19 20:25:19 2012] : Trantor: Trantor digs at the pile with his foot claws
[Wed Sep 19 20:26:12 2012] : Trantor: Trantor waves at the others to grab the item
[Wed Sep 19 20:26:51 2012] : Vaddyn: vaddyn walks over to search
[Wed Sep 19 20:27:17 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas goes over to help
[Wed Sep 19 20:27:27 2012] : Finduilas: "What did you find?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:28:01 2012] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(13) + 3] = 16
[Wed Sep 19 20:28:35 2012] : Finduilas: Perception: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed Sep 19 20:29:46 2012] : DM: Some arrows, their heads still bright, spill from a half-decayed quiver.
[Wed Sep 19 20:30:36 2012] : Vaddyn: "ah hah"
[Wed Sep 19 20:31:02 2012] : Finduilas: "We're not the first ones to hunt here"
[Wed Sep 19 20:31:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "some were hunted"
[Wed Sep 19 20:31:44 2012] : DM: There are two dozen arrows of different types: 6 crackle with faint blue sparks, 6 feel warm to the touch, 6 are beeded with green droplets and the last 6 are cold and rimed with frost.
[Wed Sep 19 20:31:55 2012] : Vaddyn: "Very interesting"
[Wed Sep 19 20:32:29 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21
[Wed Sep 19 20:32:36 2012] : Trantor: brb need a drink
[Wed Sep 19 20:32:36 2012] : Finduilas: "A nice find, it seems"
[Wed Sep 19 20:33:41 2012] : DM: ooc +1 shocking, flaming, acid, frost arrows.
[Wed Sep 19 20:34:03 2012] : Vaddyn: "Finduilas, have you any use for these?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:35:15 2012] : Finduilas: "As you see, I do carry a bow, even though I have more use for my sword"
[Wed Sep 19 20:36:23 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn shares the arrows - 3 of each type each
[Wed Sep 19 20:36:55 2012] : Trantor: Trantor does not have anywhere to put them
[Wed Sep 19 20:37:05 2012] : Trantor: oocor indeed any skill to use them
[Wed Sep 19 20:37:11 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Trantor wasn't getting any :P
[Wed Sep 19 20:37:13 2012] : Trantor: ooc or indeed any skill to use them
[Wed Sep 19 20:37:49 2012] : Trantor: ooc :P Missed that bit
[Wed Sep 19 20:38:19 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc He was only talking to the (currently) human :P
[Wed Sep 19 20:38:39 2012] : Finduilas: "Thank you, Trantor, these will be put to good use"
[Wed Sep 19 20:39:08 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas is no human :P
[Wed Sep 19 20:39:47 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc HumanOID then
[Wed Sep 19 20:40:00 2012] : Vaddyn: "So, wet or dry path?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:40:56 2012] : Finduilas: "Let's try the dry path first"
[Wed Sep 19 20:41:07 2012] : Vaddyn: "I concur"
[Wed Sep 19 20:41:29 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries to get Arol to lift him over the river
[Wed Sep 19 20:41:31 2012] : DM: Does Trantor express an opinion?
[Wed Sep 19 20:41:33 2012] : Vaddyn: Handle Animal: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12
[Wed Sep 19 20:41:49 2012] : DM: Arol looks puzzled.
[Wed Sep 19 20:42:09 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas shows Arol the way
[Wed Sep 19 20:42:22 2012] : Vaddyn: "Damn, I'm really not getting the hang of this at all"
[Wed Sep 19 20:42:27 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn wades the river
[Wed Sep 19 20:42:30 2012] : Trantor: ooc sorry, was afk... kids
[Wed Sep 19 20:42:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc brb, just heard another bang
[Wed Sep 19 20:42:58 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Children are wonderful :) But grandkids are better
[Wed Sep 19 20:43:17 2012] : Finduilas: "Are you coming, Arol?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:44:13 2012] : Trantor: Trantor follows th others
[Wed Sep 19 20:44:25 2012] : Trantor: ooc Edie seems to have fallen out of her bed
[Wed Sep 19 20:44:37 2012] : Trantor: ooc quiet now though
[Wed Sep 19 20:45:42 2012] : Trantor: Arol follows, in the absence of any other orders
[Wed Sep 19 20:46:19 2012] : DM: The passageway carries on for a short distance then opens out into a rectangular chamber with a high vaulted ceiling.
[Wed Sep 19 20:47:08 2012] : DM: The ancient walls, green with algae and patches of glowing phosphorescent mould.
[Wed Sep 19 20:47:25 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas tries to detect if there's evil ahead
[Wed Sep 19 20:47:51 2012] : DM: The stone flagstone and worn and uneven, the cracks thick with moss.
[Wed Sep 19 20:48:28 2012] : Vaddyn: Detect Magic: Level 0 - Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Wed Sep 19 20:48:35 2012] : Trantor: Trantor keeps an eye out
[Wed Sep 19 20:48:37 2012] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(1) + 10] = 11
[Wed Sep 19 20:48:40 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc meh, no range
[Wed Sep 19 20:48:52 2012] : Trantor: ooc looks like he may have put an eye out instead
[Wed Sep 19 20:49:25 2012] : DM: A doorway leads out.
[Wed Sep 19 20:49:32 2012] : DM: You don't detect any evil or magic.
[Wed Sep 19 20:50:57 2012] : Finduilas: Perception: [1d20(5) + 3] = 8
[Wed Sep 19 20:51:30 2012] : DM: The doorway leads to a corridor, the north is blocked by a pile of small rubble and dirt and to the south is a flight of stairs leading downwards.
[Wed Sep 19 20:52:30 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc is the North completely blocked or does it look in any way clearable?
[Wed Sep 19 20:52:47 2012] : DM: Knowledge: Engineering
[Wed Sep 19 20:52:51 2012] : DM: ooc or similar.
[Wed Sep 19 20:53:09 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Engineering: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8
[Wed Sep 19 20:54:22 2012] : Vaddyn: "That looks clearable, but it'll take a few hours"
[Wed Sep 19 20:54:34 2012] : Vaddyn: "Shall we try the stairs?"
[Wed Sep 19 20:55:05 2012] : DM: The stairs end in a door, studden with heavy metal studs and held up by sturdy metal hinges. Despite its apparent age it looks strong.
[Wed Sep 19 20:55:43 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries to open the door
[Wed Sep 19 20:55:46 2012] : Trantor: Trantor pulls at the door
[Wed Sep 19 20:55:54 2012] : Trantor: Strength: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Sep 19 20:55:54 2012] : DM: It's firmly locked.
[Wed Sep 19 20:56:00 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas checks the door
[Wed Sep 19 20:56:02 2012] : Finduilas: Perception: [1d20(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Sep 19 20:56:15 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc its a door
[Wed Sep 19 20:56:38 2012] : Trantor: ooc Four 1s in a row
[Wed Sep 19 20:56:39 2012] : DM: It's a door, it opens towards you but there is no visible keyhole.
[Wed Sep 19 20:57:08 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well thats a puzzle"
[Wed Sep 19 20:57:28 2012] : Trantor: ooc ah, no, three (though there was a 5 then another 1 above)
[Wed Sep 19 20:57:54 2012] : Trantor: "Roaaawr rowr"
[Wed Sep 19 20:57:54 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn has a careful look at the door
[Wed Sep 19 20:58:00 2012] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll
[Wed Sep 19 20:58:02 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Engineering: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18
[Wed Sep 19 20:58:29 2012] : Trantor: Trantor heads back up the stairs, then makes loud splashes in the stream
[Wed Sep 19 20:59:07 2012] : DM: The door is of convential construction. Two layers of oak bound with iron nails. There is no mundane method by which the door is held closed that you can see.
[Wed Sep 19 20:59:44 2012] : Vaddyn: "Looks like Mr Splash is correct. We're taking the river route"
[Wed Sep 19 20:59:49 2012] : DM: The sound of Trantor's splashes echo loudly.
[Wed Sep 19 21:00:26 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas tries to budge the door
[Wed Sep 19 21:00:31 2012] : Finduilas: Strength: [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Sep 19 21:00:43 2012] : DM: It doesn't move.
[Wed Sep 19 21:00:53 2012] : Finduilas: "Hrmph"
[Wed Sep 19 21:01:46 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas goes after Trantor
[Wed Sep 19 21:02:57 2012] : DM: Heading down the stream together?
[Wed Sep 19 21:03:04 2012] : Finduilas: Yep
[Wed Sep 19 21:03:12 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc is it slippery?
[Wed Sep 19 21:03:28 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 19 21:04:48 2012] : DM: The stream bed is the bedrock, shaped by the flowing water and coated in dark algae making the footing tretcherous.
[Wed Sep 19 21:05:07 2012] : Vaddyn: "Maybe we should rope ourselves together and get Arol to brace us"
[Wed Sep 19 21:06:06 2012] : Finduilas: "Will he agree to that?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:06:29 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks noncommittal
[Wed Sep 19 21:06:39 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn gets a rope, ties it around each person and then holds the end out to Arol
[Wed Sep 19 21:06:51 2012] : Vaddyn: Handle Animal: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Sep 19 21:07:06 2012] : DM: Arol holds on to the end of the rope.
[Wed Sep 19 21:07:53 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn crosses his fingers and starts moving down the river
[Wed Sep 19 21:09:15 2012] : DM: The current gets stronger and the noise of the stream grows louder as you move further down the tunnel.
[Wed Sep 19 21:09:38 2012] : DM: The chill water soaks into your boot (or between your claws) numbing your feet.
[Wed Sep 19 21:09:51 2012] : DM: ooc one moment.
[Wed Sep 19 21:10:25 2012] : DM: Survival check or knowledge: geography.
[Wed Sep 19 21:10:55 2012] : Finduilas: Survival: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed Sep 19 21:10:55 2012] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll
[Wed Sep 19 21:10:55 2012] : Finduilas: Survival: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Wed Sep 19 21:10:59 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Geography: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20
[Wed Sep 19 21:11:01 2012] : DM: ooc always forget what the skills are now.
[Wed Sep 19 21:11:46 2012] : Trantor: Survival: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28
[Wed Sep 19 21:11:52 2012] : Finduilas: "There's danger ahead, I think, a waterfall or rapids or the like"
[Wed Sep 19 21:12:21 2012] : Trantor: "Rowr, ruar rowurar"
[Wed Sep 19 21:12:23 2012] : Vaddyn: "Sounds like a waterfall ahead"
[Wed Sep 19 21:12:46 2012] : Finduilas: ooc So we all know :)
[Wed Sep 19 21:13:20 2012] : Trantor: Trantor makes a hasty retreat
[Wed Sep 19 21:13:33 2012] : Trantor: "RAR, RAWRAR"
[Wed Sep 19 21:13:42 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows Trantor
[Wed Sep 19 21:13:56 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas does likewise
[Wed Sep 19 21:14:37 2012] : Trantor: Once safe, Trantor shrugs
[Wed Sep 19 21:15:07 2012] : Vaddyn: "It looks like our only option is clearing that rubble"
[Wed Sep 19 21:16:42 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc unless there is an upstream path I missed
[Wed Sep 19 21:16:56 2012] : DM: ooc upstream leads to the surface.
[Wed Sep 19 21:17:32 2012] : Finduilas: "Right, let's get to work"
[Wed Sep 19 21:17:44 2012] : Trantor: [Wed Sep 19 21:17:47 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc thats what I thought
[Wed Sep 19 21:18:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "Any thoughts, Trantor?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:18:06 2012] : Trantor: "Well, I'll be more useful not being a lizard for this task"
[Wed Sep 19 21:18:43 2012] : Trantor: "It was the fall into the pool below that looked dangerous..."
[Wed Sep 19 21:19:27 2012] : Vaddyn: "Yes, I thought it sounded risky and your reaction confirmed it"
[Wed Sep 19 21:19:28 2012] : Trantor: "If we could lower ourselves down waterfall safely..."
[Wed Sep 19 21:19:48 2012] : Trantor: ooc is this train of thought OK for my assessment DM?
[Wed Sep 19 21:20:05 2012] : DM: ooc yes.
[Wed Sep 19 21:20:05 2012] : Finduilas: "I'd have to strip first, dressed like this I'm very likely to drown"
[Wed Sep 19 21:20:33 2012] : Trantor: "Probably a good idea"
[Wed Sep 19 21:20:34 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks down at her armour
[Wed Sep 19 21:20:56 2012] : Trantor: "If we can secure ropes, maybe we can lower ourselves down"
[Wed Sep 19 21:21:07 2012] : Finduilas: "What's a good idea? Me drowning?" Finduilas grins at Trantor
[Wed Sep 19 21:21:18 2012] : Trantor: ooc was there anything to tie a rope to above the fall DM?
[Wed Sep 19 21:21:47 2012] : Finduilas: Healing: Regain 0 HP. [Wed Sep 19 21:22:00 2012] : Finduilas: HP Status 39 out of 39.
[Wed Sep 19 21:22:02 2012] : Trantor: "Arol could lower us, but he may slip"
[Wed Sep 19 21:22:22 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Sorry, I don't know what happened
[Wed Sep 19 21:22:49 2012] : DM: You didn't reach the fall, only heard it in the distance. The rock walls though have plenty of cracks to hold a piton.
[Wed Sep 19 21:23:27 2012] : Vaddyn: "Ok, so shall we have another look? This time you can properly tell Arol to brace one of us"
[Wed Sep 19 21:24:37 2012] : Trantor: "OK, let's try again."
[Wed Sep 19 21:24:54 2012] : Trantor: "I'm not certain I picked the right shape for dungeons"
[Wed Sep 19 21:25:22 2012] : Finduilas: "What other forms can you take?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:26:18 2012] : Trantor: "Any animal that is the same size as me"
[Wed Sep 19 21:26:39 2012] : Trantor: "Though I'm not aware of any that are good with waterfalls"
[Wed Sep 19 21:27:37 2012] : Vaddyn: "A large salmon?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:27:43 2012] : Finduilas: "How about an octopus?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:27:48 2012] : DM: ooc Trying again?
[Wed Sep 19 21:27:54 2012] : Trantor: "A very big one!"
[Wed Sep 19 21:28:07 2012] : Trantor: "What's an octopus?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:28:11 2012] : Trantor: ooc :-P
[Wed Sep 19 21:28:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc yes DM
[Wed Sep 19 21:28:48 2012] : Trantor: Trantor carefully steps back down again
[Wed Sep 19 21:28:56 2012] : Vaddyn: "Finduilas is covered in armour, and Trantor needs to direct Arol, so I'll go look"
[Wed Sep 19 21:28:58 2012] : Finduilas: "Some animal I heard about: it lives in the water and has eight legs, with suckers on them"
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:16 2012] : Trantor: "Arol, hold the rope to stop me falling down the river"
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:18 2012] : DM: You near the edge of the waterfall, the stream tumbling over the edge into the pool below.
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:18 2012] : Trantor: Handle Companion: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:23 2012] : DM: Acrobatic checks.
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:26 2012] : Trantor: Acrobatics: [1d20(2) + -2] = 0
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:45 2012] : DM: Trantor slips...
[Wed Sep 19 21:29:52 2012] : DM: Strength checks from everyone else.
[Wed Sep 19 21:30:01 2012] : Vaddyn: Strength: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18
[Wed Sep 19 21:30:04 2012] : DM: Including Arol.
[Wed Sep 19 21:30:06 2012] : Finduilas: Strength: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Wed Sep 19 21:31:08 2012] : DM: Vaddyn pulls on the rope, hauling Trantor away from the edge.
[Wed Sep 19 21:31:10 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Strength: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7
[Wed Sep 19 21:31:32 2012] : Vaddyn: "That was close"
[Wed Sep 19 21:32:20 2012] : DM: Looking down into the pool below you see 5 long creatures lurking in the clear waters, their eyes and the tips of their long snouts the only parts above the water.
[Wed Sep 19 21:32:27 2012] : Finduilas: "We need to be very careful"
[Wed Sep 19 21:32:31 2012] : Trantor: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(6) + 9] = 15
[Wed Sep 19 21:32:43 2012] : DM: They are scaled and pale in colour with long musclar tails.
[Wed Sep 19 21:32:54 2012] : Vaddyn: "I dont like the look of those"
[Wed Sep 19 21:33:05 2012] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll
[Wed Sep 19 21:33:07 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17
[Wed Sep 19 21:33:11 2012] : DM: The are cave crocodiles, similar to other crocodiles but found in deep caves all over the world.
[Wed Sep 19 21:33:28 2012] : Trantor: "Hmm, nor me. Cave crocodiles by the looks of them"
[Wed Sep 19 21:34:21 2012] : DM: You recall the baron's daughter, Miranda's words.
[Wed Sep 19 21:34:26 2012] : Trantor: "Going down into that water is probably not a good plan"
[Wed Sep 19 21:34:55 2012] : DM: She only wants the unnatural monsters killed, any native creatures should be left unharmed.
[Wed Sep 19 21:35:17 2012] : Finduilas: ooc She's not here *shrug*
[Wed Sep 19 21:35:54 2012] : Finduilas: "So, do we want to plummet down and get eaten, or are we clearing rubble?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:36:20 2012] : DM: Lurking on the far bank is another of the crocodiles, only large. it's scaly skin patchy, exposing bleached white bones beneath. Baleful glowing, red eyes glare up at you and it snaps angrily.
[Wed Sep 19 21:36:45 2012] : Vaddyn: "That one over there looks... odd"
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:02 2012] : Finduilas: "It's very big"
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:20 2012] : Trantor: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(12) + 9] = 21
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:36 2012] : Trantor: "It's not very natual looking"
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:42 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Would it be feasible to traverse the cave wall to get to the bank?
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:45 2012] : DM: Knowledge: Religion
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:50 2012] : Trantor: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(7) + -1] = 6
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:52 2012] : Finduilas: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(2) + 6] = 8
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:58 2012] : Vaddyn: Lore Master - Take 10 : Vaddyn takes 10 on his next knowledge roll
[Wed Sep 19 21:37:59 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Sep 19 21:38:04 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc 17
[Wed Sep 19 21:38:22 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc should really incorporate that into the skill rolls
[Wed Sep 19 21:38:30 2012] : DM: Vaddyn, the walls are rough with handholds if you want to try climbing.
[Wed Sep 19 21:39:08 2012] : DM: It is some sort of undead, but more powerful than a simple skeleton.
[Wed Sep 19 21:40:21 2012] : Vaddyn: "Does anyone fancy our chances climbing the walls?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:40:36 2012] : Trantor: "Arol could do it, but not me"
[Wed Sep 19 21:40:56 2012] : DM: The crocs in the water could easily get on to the bank.
[Wed Sep 19 21:41:59 2012] : Trantor: "If we wished to attack it, we could do so from here with ranged weapons, spells and summons"
[Wed Sep 19 21:43:01 2012] : Trantor: "Arol could then climb with a rope, and we could climb down it across the pond"
[Wed Sep 19 21:43:15 2012] : DM: ooc FWIW, I was expecting the druid to have some means to influence the natural crocs. Is that actually possible?
[Wed Sep 19 21:43:21 2012] : Vaddyn: "which still leaves us with four beasts we promised not to harm"
[Wed Sep 19 21:43:23 2012] : Trantor: "This does of course assume that the lake crocodiles will not atack"
[Wed Sep 19 21:43:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc Wild empathy - like diplomacy... not sure the range
[Wed Sep 19 21:43:51 2012] : Finduilas: "They can't reach us right now, let's worry about them when necessary, and not before"
[Wed Sep 19 21:44:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc 30 feet
[Wed Sep 19 21:45:14 2012] : Trantor: "OK, if you hold me steady, I might be able to convince the crocodiles not to attack us"
[Wed Sep 19 21:45:31 2012] : Trantor: Trantor moves to the edge
[Wed Sep 19 21:45:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "Looks like it could be our only option"
[Wed Sep 19 21:46:38 2012] : Vaddyn: Inspire Competence: Vaddyn tells a little limerick... one ally within 30 feet receives a +2 competence bonus to skill checks with one skill until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Sep 19 21:46:47 2012] : Trantor: Trantor spends a minute trying to get the crocs to feel his vibe
[Wed Sep 19 21:46:50 2012] : Trantor: Wild Empathy: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Sep 19 21:47:18 2012] : DM: ooc take [10 + 4 + 2] = 16 from Bert.
[Wed Sep 19 21:47:22 2012] : Trantor: ooc when I just tested that node I rolled a 19
[Wed Sep 19 21:47:35 2012] : Trantor: oco Ah, take 10 then ;-)
[Wed Sep 19 21:48:03 2012] : DM: ooc I thought that was what the minute was for?
[Wed Sep 19 21:48:38 2012] : Trantor: ooc no, the process takes 1 minute
[Wed Sep 19 21:49:38 2012] : DM: ooc ok, roll 3 more times, one for each of the other crocodiles.
[Wed Sep 19 21:49:42 2012] : Trantor: Wild Empathy: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20
[Wed Sep 19 21:49:51 2012] : Trantor: Wild Empathy: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Wed Sep 19 21:49:53 2012] : Trantor: Wild Empathy: [1d20(11) + 4] = 15
[Wed Sep 19 21:50:01 2012] : DM: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Sep 19 21:50:02 2012] : DM: [1d20(11) + 2] = 13
[Wed Sep 19 21:50:03 2012] : DM: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Wed Sep 19 21:50:04 2012] : DM: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Sep 19 21:50:47 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks a little disoriented...
[Wed Sep 19 21:51:04 2012] : Trantor: "Getting into the heads of crocodiles is no easy task"
[Wed Sep 19 21:51:21 2012] : DM: As Trantor tries to calm the crocodiles, the croco-lich is snarling and snapping at its minions.
[Wed Sep 19 21:52:07 2012] : Trantor: ooc lich?? ;-D
[Wed Sep 19 21:52:19 2012] : DM: Two of the crocodiles turn and dive underwater, and you see them surface by the outflow. They clamber down the tunnle and are gone from sight.
[Wed Sep 19 21:52:54 2012] : Trantor: "I think that's the best we're going to get"
[Wed Sep 19 21:53:00 2012] : DM: The other two remain but are much calmer and lie still below the water instead of circling menacingly.
[Wed Sep 19 21:53:30 2012] : Vaddyn: "Nice work. Do you thnk the other two will leave us alone if we go into the water?"
[Wed Sep 19 21:53:51 2012] : Trantor: "I'm not sure, but they seem to have stopped licking their lips in anticipation"
[Wed Sep 19 21:53:51 2012] : DM: ooc you can try again if you can think of something additional to persuade them.
[Wed Sep 19 21:54:12 2012] : Trantor: Summon Nature's Ally I - Begin: Summon Nature's Ally I: Level 1 - Trantor begins a Summon spell.
[Wed Sep 19 21:54:37 2012] : Trantor: ooc want to summon a load of fish if that's possible??
[Wed Sep 19 21:54:53 2012] : DM: ooc sure.
[Wed Sep 19 21:55:30 2012] : Trantor: Trantor completes his spell, and produces a bounty of fish for the crocs
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:10 2012] : Trantor: Then tries to persuade them to follow their companions
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:14 2012] : Trantor: Wild Empathy: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:15 2012] : Trantor: Wild Empathy: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:24 2012] : Vaddyn: Inspire Competence: Vaddyn tells a little limerick... one ally within 30 feet receives a +2 competence bonus to skill checks with one skill until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:42 2012] : DM: The crocodiles chase the fish around the pool, snapping up the occasional one.
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:51 2012] : DM: [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Sep 19 21:56:52 2012] : DM: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18
[Wed Sep 19 21:57:19 2012] : DM: Satisfied from the fish another crocodile leaves.
[Wed Sep 19 21:57:33 2012] : Trantor: "I'm not sure that I have much else up my sleeve"
[Wed Sep 19 21:57:58 2012] : Finduilas: "Better get on with it then"
[Wed Sep 19 21:58:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "That was impressive"
[Wed Sep 19 21:59:03 2012] : Trantor: "Thanks for the encouragement Vaddyn, and to you too Finduilas, it's nice to know your friends believe in you"
[Wed Sep 19 21:59:28 2012] : Vaddyn: "So now how do we get to the solid ground? I dont fancy fighting in water"
[Wed Sep 19 22:00:05 2012] : Trantor: "I want to keep the skeletal one at bay with a summoned creature or two..."
[Wed Sep 19 22:00:11 2012] : Finduilas: "I don't fancy swimming"
[Wed Sep 19 22:00:22 2012] : Trantor: "Then send Arol down with a rope..."
[Wed Sep 19 22:00:39 2012] : Trantor: We can slide down the rope and join the summons in the attack"
[Wed Sep 19 22:00:47 2012] : Trantor: "We can slide down the rope and join the summons in the attack"
[Wed Sep 19 22:01:25 2012] : Trantor: "Otherwise we jump, then swim, or attempt to climb ourselves?"
[Wed Sep 19 22:01:50 2012] : Vaddyn: "I think swimming is out of the question for Finduilas"
[Wed Sep 19 22:02:00 2012] : Trantor: "And for me"
[Wed Sep 19 22:02:10 2012] : Trantor: ooc I'm pretty heavily armoured
[Wed Sep 19 22:02:25 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc didn't realise that
[Wed Sep 19 22:02:56 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks for a place to anchor one end of the rope with a piton
[Wed Sep 19 22:03:06 2012] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Sep 19 22:03:19 2012] : DM: Trantor spots and likely looking crack.
[Wed Sep 19 22:03:26 2012] : DM: Trantor spots a likely looking crack.
[Wed Sep 19 22:03:55 2012] : Vaddyn: "Rope is it then"
[Wed Sep 19 22:03:57 2012] : Trantor: Trantor hammers the piton in and tries to ensure the rope is attached well
[Wed Sep 19 22:04:08 2012] : Trantor: Strength: [1d20(18) + 4] = 22
[Wed Sep 19 22:04:40 2012] : DM: It's securly fastened.
[Wed Sep 19 22:05:13 2012] : Trantor: "OK, Vaddyn, can you also summon something to help secure the beach for Arol?"
[Wed Sep 19 22:05:40 2012] : Vaddyn: "Indeed"
[Wed Sep 19 22:06:04 2012] : Trantor: ooc want us to do initiative DM, it might help
[Wed Sep 19 22:06:11 2012] : Trantor: ooc ?
[Wed Sep 19 22:06:12 2012] : DM: GAME END