Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 29 19:51:37 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 29 19:52:45 2012] : DM: Having solved the "monster" attacks on the sheep folks and rooted out the corruption in the wool guild you are relaxing that evening in the inn.
[Wed Aug 29 19:53:27 2012] : DM: A messenger from the baron arrives summoning you to an audience the following morning.
[Wed Aug 29 19:54:16 2012] : Finduilas: "I guess duty calls, once again"
[Wed Aug 29 19:54:52 2012] : Vaddyn: "Maybe I will get a chance to perform for nobility"
[Wed Aug 29 19:56:01 2012] : Finduilas: "We will find out tomorrow"
[Wed Aug 29 19:56:13 2012] : Trantor: "A good sleep first"
[Wed Aug 29 19:58:28 2012] : DM: Ok. The following morning you arrive at the baron's castle. A single square keep of modest size with a bailey surrounded by stout walls.
[Wed Aug 29 19:58:47 2012] : Finduilas: ooc bailey???
[Wed Aug 29 19:58:55 2012] : DM: ooc yard
[Wed Aug 29 19:59:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc ty
[Wed Aug 29 19:59:47 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas rides up to the gate
[Wed Aug 29 19:59:56 2012] : Trantor: ooc strictly one enclosed by a castle wall IIRC
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:18 2012] : Finduilas: ooc So castle courtyard
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:24 2012] : Waltham (enter): 20:00
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:29 2012] : DM: You are led into the great hall where the servants are clearing away after breakfast. The baron, a stout man with greying hair in gnawing on a heel of bread and looking over some paperwork.
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:34 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (41) Waltham...
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:35 2012] : Waltham: ooc sorry I'm late folks!
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:47 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Good to see you, Henry :)
[Wed Aug 29 20:00:49 2012] : DM: ooc np you've not missed anything.
[Wed Aug 29 20:01:18 2012] : Vaddyn: hi henry
[Wed Aug 29 20:01:26 2012] : Trantor: ooc Hi Henry
[Wed Aug 29 20:02:04 2012] : Baron Oswald: The baron waves casually at you to approach.
[Wed Aug 29 20:02:45 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Mmmff. I read the report from the town guard captain and he says good things about you."
[Wed Aug 29 20:03:13 2012] : Baron Oswald: "If you're at a lose end there's a small job you could take on."
[Wed Aug 29 20:03:17 2012] : Vaddyn: "Why thank you Sire, we would have good things to say about the Captain too"
[Wed Aug 29 20:03:39 2012] : Finduilas: "It was our pleasure, Sire"
[Wed Aug 29 20:03:44 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Yes, yes. Qute."
[Wed Aug 29 20:03:50 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Are you available for hire, then?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:04:09 2012] : Waltham: "I've not been at a loose end for some years, but you tell us what the job is and we'll look at it."
[Wed Aug 29 20:04:30 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks on, a little uncomfortable in such opulent surrounding, and amongst nobility
[Wed Aug 29 20:05:18 2012] : Baron Oswald: The surroundings are not opulent and are surprisingly austere. Particularly so in contrast to the wool guild's hall.
[Wed Aug 29 20:06:09 2012] : Baron Oswald: There are tapestry, faded and a bit worn and several portraits of men and women who are presumably Oswald's ancestors.
[Wed Aug 29 20:07:00 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Our ancestral hunting lodge is lain unused for too long and I am resolved to restore it."
[Wed Aug 29 20:07:00 2012] : Finduilas: "If we can be of service, please let us know"
[Wed Aug 29 20:07:34 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Unfortunately it has become overrun by beasts and monsters."
[Wed Aug 29 20:08:29 2012] : Waltham: "How recently? And what sort? If it's intelligent creatures and they've been there decades, we may have trouble."
[Wed Aug 29 20:08:35 2012] : Finduilas: "What kind of monsters would that be?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:09:00 2012] : Baron Oswald: "The places has been abandoned for decades, nearly 50 years now."
[Wed Aug 29 20:10:03 2012] : Baron Oswald: "My scouts reported a wide variety of tracks nearby, but none of the usual maurading bands of goblinoids or the like."
[Wed Aug 29 20:10:27 2012] : Baron Oswald: "One claims he saw a paw print of a owlbear but I'm not sure I believe that."
[Wed Aug 29 20:11:11 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc knowledge nature?
[Wed Aug 29 20:11:26 2012] : Baron Oswald: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 29 20:11:32 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14
[Wed Aug 29 20:11:39 2012] : Trantor: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(5) + 8] = 13
[Wed Aug 29 20:12:12 2012] : Trantor: ooc +1 to that
[Wed Aug 29 20:12:14 2012] : Baron Oswald: You know what an owl bear is but the name does kind of give it away...
[Wed Aug 29 20:12:24 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 29 20:13:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "Sounds interesting."
[Wed Aug 29 20:13:20 2012] : Baron Oswald: "I have been looking at the family archives. Or rather, I suppose I should say my wife has been."
[Wed Aug 29 20:14:04 2012] : Baron Oswald: "There are some references in the original construction notes from, oh, 200 years ago about some ancient ruins on the site."
[Wed Aug 29 20:14:40 2012] : Finduilas: "And do you believe the ruins might have something to do with the monsters?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:15:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "Could that be why the lodge was abandoned?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:15:18 2012] : Baron Oswald: He shrugs. "Who knows? But you should go well equiped for a extended trip below ground."
[Wed Aug 29 20:16:41 2012] : Vaddyn: "Any information you can provide us with would help, Sire"
[Wed Aug 29 20:16:55 2012] : Baron Oswald: "My grandmother who was baroness at the time had little taste for hunting and it was simply unused for a long time and fell into disrepair."
[Wed Aug 29 20:18:37 2012] : Baron Oswald: "I don't have any further information but by all accounts you are a resourceful crew so you should be able to handle anything unexpected."
[Wed Aug 29 20:19:16 2012] : Vaddyn: "This sounds very interesting friends. What do we think?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:19:21 2012] : Waltham: "What do you say, folks? Might be worth a look."
[Wed Aug 29 20:19:51 2012] : Finduilas: "Let's go"
[Wed Aug 29 20:20:38 2012] : Vaddyn: "Trantor, how do you two feel about being underground?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:23:30 2012] : Trantor: "It all sounds like something unnatural is there"
[Wed Aug 29 20:23:39 2012] : Trantor: "I'm all for eradicating it"
[Wed Aug 29 20:24:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "It looks like we are all for it"
[Wed Aug 29 20:24:49 2012] : Trantor: ooc "I don't think I'll bother. Maybe we'll catch up another time?" ;-P
[Wed Aug 29 20:24:54 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Excellent. There will be a payment of 750 gold coins once the area is safe enough to begin works."
[Wed Aug 29 20:25:04 2012] : Trantor: "Each?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:25:21 2012] : Baron Oswald: "Goodness, no. In total. "
[Wed Aug 29 20:25:54 2012] : Finduilas: "Thank yoy, Milord"
[Wed Aug 29 20:26:22 2012] : Vaddyn: "Sire, this sounds like a particularily dangerous expedition and we willalso require equipment for the underground portion"
[Wed Aug 29 20:26:30 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc trying to get a few more gp out of him
[Wed Aug 29 20:26:39 2012] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20
[Wed Aug 29 20:27:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "We are but simple explorers"
[Wed Aug 29 20:28:06 2012] : Baron Oswald: "I can provide basic supplies, ropes, tools, rations and the like."
[Wed Aug 29 20:28:08 2012] : Vaddyn: "Could we bother you for a little cash advance by way of a signing bonus?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:29:14 2012] : Baron Oswald: "You seem well eqiped in weapons and armour so I see no need for such an advance."
[Wed Aug 29 20:29:15 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 29 20:29:34 2012] : Vaddyn: "Very well Sire, the supplies would be very welcome in any case"
[Wed Aug 29 20:30:30 2012] : Vaddyn: "Good day, milord"
[Wed Aug 29 20:30:39 2012] : Waltham: ooc /me draws a pistol and says "meet my friend, the Negotiator".
[Wed Aug 29 20:30:45 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn bows and leaves
[Wed Aug 29 20:31:39 2012] : Trantor: ooc balls... I've spent a fair bit of time adding medium elementals to my summon list... They're level 4 summons!
[Wed Aug 29 20:31:44 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas does likewise
[Wed Aug 29 20:31:51 2012] : Waltham: "We'll be back shortly.
[Wed Aug 29 20:32:07 2012] : Waltham: ooc watching the opening ceremony
[Wed Aug 29 20:33:44 2012] : DM: The baron has a reasonably supply of the standard adventuring equipment, rope, grapples tools, 10 ft poles etc.
[Wed Aug 29 20:34:01 2012] : DM: You may take what you want within reason.
[Wed Aug 29 20:34:54 2012] : Waltham: "I think ropes and poles would be good for underground work. That and some lanterns."
[Wed Aug 29 20:34:57 2012] : Finduilas: Rope, grappling hooks, lanterns, oil etc.
[Wed Aug 29 20:35:02 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Dungeoneering: [1d20(12) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 19
[Wed Aug 29 20:35:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "Sounds good Waltham"
[Wed Aug 29 20:35:30 2012] : Trantor: Trantor takes rope, a lantern and oil
[Wed Aug 29 20:35:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc any tindertwigs or the like?
[Wed Aug 29 20:35:53 2012] : Trantor: ooc sunrods I mean
[Wed Aug 29 20:35:55 2012] : DM: ooc hang on
[Wed Aug 29 20:36:44 2012] : DM: Yes. But only five.
[Wed Aug 29 20:36:56 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes 2xrope, a lantern and some oil
[Wed Aug 29 20:37:05 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I could take Spark as a L0 spell
[Wed Aug 29 20:37:46 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc would allow us to ignite stuff
[Wed Aug 29 20:38:28 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas already has rope, so she chooses grappling hooks and a lantern
[Wed Aug 29 20:38:50 2012] : Trantor: Trantor takes a sunrod too
[Wed Aug 29 20:38:59 2012] : Trantor: "Take one of these each"
[Wed Aug 29 20:39:28 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tucks a sunrod into his pack
[Wed Aug 29 20:39:32 2012] : Finduilas: "OK"
[Wed Aug 29 20:41:41 2012] : Waltham: "Sounds good. I'd better make sure I've got enough ammunition. Will anything down there survive a lead bullet?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:41:50 2012] : Vaddyn: "Who knows"
[Wed Aug 29 20:41:50 2012] : Waltham: [1d20(14)] = 14 Knowledge Dungeoneering
[Wed Aug 29 20:42:42 2012] : DM: You already know some monsters resist non-silvered weapons and there are other creatures that require magic or rarer metals to defeat.
[Wed Aug 29 20:45:31 2012] : Waltham: "Hm... I may be in difficulty if there's something that needs magic weapons to injure it. I can't carry a hundred different types of bullet, is my trouble."
[Wed Aug 29 20:46:24 2012] : Vaddyn: "Hopefully we wont meet too many of those types of creatures"
[Wed Aug 29 20:47:33 2012] : DM: ooc If everyone is prepared, we can start on the string of pointless random encounters until I get bored of the lack of story.
[Wed Aug 29 20:47:46 2012] : Finduilas: "Can you buy a magical contraption?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:47:49 2012] : Waltham: "Best just give it a shot. Can you do something to make weapons magical? Even if it's just for a short time."
[Wed Aug 29 20:47:55 2012] : Trantor: "Shall we depart then?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:47:58 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas points at the gun
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:01 2012] : Waltham: "This one's enchanted, but that doesn't affect the bullets."
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "May as well"
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:06 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I'm off. Good night all.
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:14 2012] : Waltham: Waltham pats the pistol at his right hip
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:17 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Goodnight Delphine
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:20 2012] : Waltham: ooc nn Delphine
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:23 2012] : DM: ooc g'night Delphine. Get well soon.
[Wed Aug 29 20:48:27 2012] : Aeleva (exit): 20:48
[Wed Aug 29 20:49:45 2012] : DM: The hunting lodge lies to the east in the low lands of patchwork mixed forests and heathlands.
[Wed Aug 29 20:50:12 2012] : DM: It's about two days to ride there.
[Wed Aug 29 20:50:48 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas gets ready to ride out
[Wed Aug 29 20:51:15 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn is ready to go
[Wed Aug 29 20:51:25 2012] : Trantor: "Vaddyn, can I get a lift?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:51:29 2012] : Vaddyn: "Need a lift Trantor?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:51:36 2012] : Vaddyn: "Sure, hop on up"
[Wed Aug 29 20:51:39 2012] : Trantor: "I will need to speed Arol up too"
[Wed Aug 29 20:51:47 2012] : Trantor: Longstrider: Level 1 - Increase speed by 10 ft for 5 hours.
[Wed Aug 29 20:54:30 2012] : DM: You travel on, spending the night uneventfully.
[Wed Aug 29 20:54:35 2012] : Trantor: Trantor hops up
[Wed Aug 29 20:54:42 2012] : Trantor: Rest: Regain 5 HP. [Wed Aug 29 20:55:18 2012] : DM: The following afternoon you approach the lodge, a low building with a haphazard collection of tumble down wings, all overgrown with birch and elder trees.
[Wed Aug 29 20:56:43 2012] : Vaddyn: "This place is in quite a state"
[Wed Aug 29 20:56:55 2012] : DM: Something large and heavy stomps around the wall and spots you. A brutish looking unkempt humanoid some 10 ft tall and broad.
[Wed Aug 29 20:56:58 2012] : Finduilas: "No wonder, after 90 years"
[Wed Aug 29 20:57:28 2012] : Waltham: "Look out, folks!"
[Wed Aug 29 20:57:51 2012] : Finduilas: "Who are you and what do you want?"
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:22 2012] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:25 2012] : Waltham: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:26 2012] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(18) - 1] = 17
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:27 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas grabs her bow
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:28 2012] : Vaddyn: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:30 2012] : Waltham: ooc boo
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:31 2012] : Trantor: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:32 2012] : Finduilas: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25
[Wed Aug 29 20:58:51 2012] : Trantor: ooc knowledge??
[Wed Aug 29 20:59:03 2012] : DM: ooc hmm.
[Wed Aug 29 20:59:54 2012] : DM: ooc Local for humanoids
[Wed Aug 29 21:00:12 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Local: [1d20(15) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 22
[Wed Aug 29 21:00:14 2012] : Trantor: Knowledge (Untrained): [1d20(12) + -1] = 11
[Wed Aug 29 21:01:35 2012] : Vaddyn: "Looks like a Hill Giant. Not known for diplomacy"
[Wed Aug 29 21:02:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "If or when he attacks he'll throw rocks, big rocks"
[Wed Aug 29 21:02:39 2012] : DM: Finduilas?
[Wed Aug 29 21:03:05 2012] : Finduilas: Ready a shot the moment he acts hostile
[Wed Aug 29 21:03:14 2012] : DM: ok.
[Wed Aug 29 21:03:16 2012] : Finduilas: "Stop, or I'll shoot"
[Wed Aug 29 21:03:19 2012] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Aug 29 21:05:05 2012] : Vaddyn: Same.
[Wed Aug 29 21:05:31 2012] : Vaddyn: hold on. no I'll move off to the side
[Wed Aug 29 21:05:44 2012] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:06:00 2012] : Giant: The giant grabs a rock from the crumbling wall and advances.
[Wed Aug 29 21:06:06 2012] : Trantor: "Splitting up is a good idea then?"
[Wed Aug 29 21:06:14 2012] : Giant: Finduilas and Vaddyn, your readied actions.
[Wed Aug 29 21:06:35 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I changed my mind and moved
[Wed Aug 29 21:06:59 2012] : Trantor: ooc it wasn't a surprise round
[Wed Aug 29 21:07:14 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas shoots
[Wed Aug 29 21:07:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "I would think so, Trantor."
[Wed Aug 29 21:07:21 2012] : Finduilas: MW Composite Longbow: [1d20(19) + 10] = 29 Damage: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:07:35 2012] : Finduilas: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:07:47 2012] : Giant: A well aimed arrow thunks into the giants thigh.
[Wed Aug 29 21:08:41 2012] : Giant: Vaddyn did you ready an action or not?
[Wed Aug 29 21:09:02 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc no. Decided to move instead
[Wed Aug 29 21:09:09 2012] : Giant: You could do both
[Wed Aug 29 21:09:34 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc ok
[Wed Aug 29 21:09:44 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn takes a shot too
[Wed Aug 29 21:09:52 2012] : Vaddyn: MW Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9, Damage: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:09:59 2012] : Giant: The arrow goes wide.
[Wed Aug 29 21:10:16 2012] : Giant: The giant throws a rock at Finduilas.
[Wed Aug 29 21:10:19 2012] : Giant: Rock: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7; Hit: [1d8(2) + 10] = 12 damage.
[Wed Aug 29 21:10:33 2012] : Giant: It bounces harmlessly off the ground.
[Wed Aug 29 21:10:55 2012] : DM: Waltham?
[Wed Aug 29 21:11:19 2012] : Waltham: Waltham runs to the right, drawing his musket, and takes a rapid shot
[Wed Aug 29 21:11:52 2012] : Waltham: ooc scratch that, doing a run action to move 3x speed instead.
[Wed Aug 29 21:11:53 2012] : Waltham: done
[Wed Aug 29 21:12:03 2012] : DM: Trantor?
[Wed Aug 29 21:12:07 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc how high is the building?
[Wed Aug 29 21:12:45 2012] : Trantor: Arol moves in to attack, Trantor moves closer then uses his sling
[Wed Aug 29 21:12:46 2012] : DM: ooc Single story, with a low pitched roof.
[Wed Aug 29 21:12:55 2012] : Trantor: MW Sling: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21 Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Aug 29 21:13:06 2012] : Trantor: ooc ignore the +2 bit
[Wed Aug 29 21:13:14 2012] : Trantor: ooc not sure what the hell that is
[Wed Aug 29 21:13:17 2012] : DM: Hit
[Wed Aug 29 21:13:49 2012] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:14:05 2012] : DM: Finduilas?
[Wed Aug 29 21:15:41 2012] : Finduilas: Shooting again
[Wed Aug 29 21:15:45 2012] : Finduilas: MW Composite Longbow: [1d20(2) + 8] = 10 Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:15:55 2012] : Finduilas: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:16:09 2012] : DM: The arrow is deflected by the giant's crude by effective hid armour.
[Wed Aug 29 21:16:13 2012] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Aug 29 21:16:36 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn moves in closer, trying to keep out of the sight of the giant
[Wed Aug 29 21:16:46 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn inspires the party with a joke about their opponents. +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Vaddyn stops.
[Wed Aug 29 21:17:03 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc note the new +2 bonus from that
[Wed Aug 29 21:17:05 2012] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:17:46 2012] : Giant: The giant charges the closest opponent (Arol) and power attacks with a greatclub. (+1 attack, +2 damage)
[Wed Aug 29 21:17:53 2012] : Giant: Greatclub: [1d20(18) + 14] = 32; Hit: [2d8(3,1) + 10] = 14 damage.
[Wed Aug 29 21:18:12 2012] : Giant: The clubs smashes into the ape's body.
[Wed Aug 29 21:18:19 2012] : DM: Waltham?
[Wed Aug 29 21:18:20 2012] : Trantor: Damage: Arol takes 14 damage. [Wed Aug 29 21:19:02 2012] : Waltham: Waltham swings his musket into his hands and takes aim
[Wed Aug 29 21:19:26 2012] : Waltham: [1d20(4) + 12] = 16 [1d12(10) + 1] = 11
[Wed Aug 29 21:19:29 2012] : DM: ooc Trantor, 16 damage
[Wed Aug 29 21:19:31 2012] : Waltham: ooc vs touch AC
[Wed Aug 29 21:19:42 2012] : Waltham: ooc also +2 damage from bardsong
[Wed Aug 29 21:19:43 2012] : Waltham: done
[Wed Aug 29 21:19:48 2012] : DM: The bullet is well aimed.
[Wed Aug 29 21:20:04 2012] : DM: Trantor?
[Wed Aug 29 21:20:48 2012] : Trantor: Arol steps in and full attacks
[Wed Aug 29 21:21:20 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Bite - Power Attack: [1d20(7) + 7] = 14 Damage: [1d6(1) + 8] = 9 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:21:23 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Claw - Power Attack: Reach 10 - [1d20(15) + 7] = 22 Damage: [1d6(5) + 8] = 13 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:21:24 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Claw - Power Attack: Reach 10 - [1d20(13) + 7] = 20 Damage: [1d6(5) + 8] = 13 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:21:44 2012] : Trantor: Trantor moves closer again and uses his sling
[Wed Aug 29 21:21:53 2012] : DM: Is Arol affected by bard song? I'm not sure he's smart enough.
[Wed Aug 29 21:21:58 2012] : Trantor: MW Sling: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19 Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:22:06 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc interesting question
[Wed Aug 29 21:22:26 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Do the rules say anything about that?
[Wed Aug 29 21:22:33 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc "To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance"
[Wed Aug 29 21:22:39 2012] : Trantor: ooc if a pc with an int of 3 can be? I thought it applied to all allies anyway...
[Wed Aug 29 21:23:02 2012] : Trantor: ooc besides, I missed that bardsong was active - it's not included above
[Wed Aug 29 21:23:30 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc you missed it? I even said note the +2! :P
[Wed Aug 29 21:23:33 2012] : Trantor: ooc add +2 to Arol's and my attacks if you decide it's relevant
[Wed Aug 29 21:23:52 2012] : Trantor: ooc I'm still trying to sort nodes - I was looking at a summon (sorry)
[Wed Aug 29 21:24:22 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc np, only messin
[Wed Aug 29 21:25:06 2012] : DM: I think it is.
[Wed Aug 29 21:25:10 2012] : DM: So two hits.
[Wed Aug 29 21:26:04 2012] : DM: Finduilias?
[Wed Aug 29 21:26:06 2012] : Trantor: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:26:52 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas moves forward before shooting again
[Wed Aug 29 21:27:00 2012] : Finduilas: MW Composite Longbow: [1d20(14) + 10] = 24 Damage: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:27:06 2012] : Finduilas: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:27:22 2012] : Trantor: ooc FYI DM
[Wed Aug 29 21:27:23 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Armour Class: 10 + Natural + Dex - Size: 19; (16 Flat; 12 Touch)
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:00 2012] : DM: The hill giant isn't going to take much more of this.
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:06 2012] : DM: Vaddyn?
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:08 2012] : Finduilas: Good!
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:12 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn closes in a little more
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:18 2012] : Vaddyn: MW Comp (+2) Shortbow: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13, Damage: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:38 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:45 2012] : Vaddyn: Done
[Wed Aug 29 21:28:51 2012] : DM: Miss
[Wed Aug 29 21:29:10 2012] : DM: The giant attacks Arol, power attack (-1, +2)
[Wed Aug 29 21:29:14 2012] : DM: Greatclub: [1d20(17) + 14] = 31; Hit: [2d8(7,5) + 10] = 22 damage.
[Wed Aug 29 21:29:16 2012] : DM: Greatclub (secondary): [1d20(9) + 9] = 18; Hit: [2d8(2,2) + 10] = 14 damage.
[Wed Aug 29 21:29:36 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc not sure Arol is either :/
[Wed Aug 29 21:30:08 2012] : Trantor: Damage: Arol takes 22 damage. [Wed Aug 29 21:30:09 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Ouch
[Wed Aug 29 21:30:23 2012] : DM: ooc AC of Arol is wrong I think. +7 natural is wrong. It should be +4 only.
[Wed Aug 29 21:31:34 2012] : Trantor: ooc his AC is actually 20
[Wed Aug 29 21:31:53 2012] : Trantor: ooc looks like I missed his latest boost for companion
[Wed Aug 29 21:32:16 2012] : DM: ooc explain
[Wed Aug 29 21:32:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc presumably ape gets a certain amount, then companions get boosts
[Wed Aug 29 21:33:39 2012] : DM: ooc Arol's AC is 16 unless you can point to the rules saying otherwise.
[Wed Aug 29 21:33:54 2012] : Trantor: ooc I'm not certain ATM, I got it from PCGen to be honest
[Wed Aug 29 21:34:10 2012] : DM: So two hits for 40 damage total.
[Wed Aug 29 21:34:47 2012] : Trantor: Damage: Arol takes 14 damage. [Wed Aug 29 21:35:17 2012] : DM: + another 4 for power attack
[Wed Aug 29 21:36:22 2012] : DM: Arol falls and the giant gellow triumphantly, before gasping and clutching at one of this many serious wounds.
[Wed Aug 29 21:36:23 2012] : Trantor: Damage: Arol takes 4 damage. [Wed Aug 29 21:36:31 2012] : DM: Waltham?
[Wed Aug 29 21:38:16 2012] : Waltham: Waltham fires a pistol at the giant, dropping the musket at his feet [1d20(2) + 12] = 14 [1d8(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Aug 29 21:38:41 2012] : Waltham: ooc touch AC again, but provokes an AoO for being in threatened area
[Wed Aug 29 21:38:47 2012] : Waltham: done
[Wed Aug 29 21:38:59 2012] : DM: ooc I don't think the giant has threatening reach.
[Wed Aug 29 21:39:50 2012] : DM: ooc or that a 3.5e rule?
[Wed Aug 29 21:39:55 2012] : DM: Greatclub: [1d20(1) + 14] = 15; Hit: [2d8(1,5) + 10] = 16 damage.
[Wed Aug 29 21:39:57 2012] : Waltham: 3.5e
[Wed Aug 29 21:40:46 2012] : Trantor: ooc large bipeds get 10 ft reach as standard
[Wed Aug 29 21:40:54 2012] : DM: The giant misses anyway with a clumsy aim. The bullet enters the giant's chest causing fatal damage. The giant falls. Dead.
[Wed Aug 29 21:41:11 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas runs forward
[Wed Aug 29 21:41:44 2012] : Finduilas: "Are you alright, Waltham?"
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:00 2012] : Waltham: "He missed me, it's fine. But thanks."
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:20 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn runs to Arols aid
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:21 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses her wand on Arol
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:24 2012] : Trantor: ooc I'm still not convinced that the AC is wrong DM
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:34 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(4) + 1] = 5 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:37 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(5) + 1] = 6 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:39 2012] : DM: ooc then cite the rules.
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:40 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(8) + 1] = 9 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:42:55 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(1) + 1] = 2 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:43:03 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(8) + 1] = 9 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:43:09 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas uses a wand of CLW for [1d8(3) + 1] = 4 HP.
[Wed Aug 29 21:43:23 2012] : Finduilas: ooc 35 HP back, want more?
[Wed Aug 29 21:47:05 2012] : DM: 800 XP eahc
[Wed Aug 29 21:48:07 2012] : Waltham: ooc woo!
[Wed Aug 29 21:50:06 2012] : DM: GAME END