Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 25 19:58:07 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 25 19:58:52 2012] : DM: You captured the werewolf pack leader, a human ranger and arrested Seoman the guild leader.
[Wed Jul 25 19:59:40 2012] : DM: The captain of the guard placed Seoman under house arrested and he is arranging for a warrent to search his house and office. This will take a few hours.
[Wed Jul 25 20:00:23 2012] : Trantor: "Why don't we head over to his house to prevent anyone entering until the guard turn up with the warrant?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:00:29 2012] : DM: But you presuaded the captain to keep in locked up at the watch house to prevent him destroying any evidence.
[Wed Jul 25 20:00:47 2012] : Trantor: "Or indeed leaving"
[Wed Jul 25 20:00:47 2012] : DM: Keep Seoman locked up that is.
[Wed Jul 25 20:01:06 2012] : Finduilas: "Good idea"
[Wed Jul 25 20:02:02 2012] : DM: Ok, heading there now?
[Wed Jul 25 20:02:13 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Yes
[Wed Jul 25 20:03:39 2012] : Trantor: "Vaddyn, could you use my wand on me please?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:06 2012] : Trantor: "I have a feeling we may get into a scrape"
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:20 2012] : Vaddyn: "Of course"
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:31 2012] : Trantor: "Thanks"
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:34 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Where did that feeling come from? ;)
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:38 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc scroll?
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:49 2012] : DM: Seoman's house is a rather grand affair and standinggoutside are two armed guards with tabards in Seoman's guild colours of green and gold.
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:55 2012] : Trantor: ooc sorry, yes
[Wed Jul 25 20:04:58 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn uses a scroll of Mage armour. +4 to AC for 4 hours.
[Wed Jul 25 20:05:35 2012] : DM: ooc drawing map
[Wed Jul 25 20:07:48 2012] : Trantor: Trantor uses a scroll of Mage armour. +4 to AC for 4 hours.
[Wed Jul 25 20:07:52 2012] : Trantor: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 25 20:08:10 2012] : Guard: "Hey!" the guard calls out to you. "You can't loiter here."
[Wed Jul 25 20:08:19 2012] : Guard: "Move along."
[Wed Jul 25 20:08:35 2012] : Trantor: "This is a public street isn't it?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:09:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh come now, we're not blocking the path"
[Wed Jul 25 20:09:19 2012] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(5) + 4 + 1 + 3] = 13
[Wed Jul 25 20:09:49 2012] : Vaddyn: "We just want to see the world go by"
[Wed Jul 25 20:09:59 2012] : Trantor: [1d6(4)] = 4
[Wed Jul 25 20:10:05 2012] : Trantor: ooc sorry
[Wed Jul 25 20:10:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc I meant to cast this spell earlier...
[Wed Jul 25 20:10:37 2012] : Trantor: Barkskin: Level 2 - Gives the target a +2 bonus to Natural Armour for 40 minutes.
[Wed Jul 25 20:11:22 2012] : Guard: She rests her hand on the pommel of her sword while her companion takes a more alert stance. "You're in our part of town and we make the rules," he growls.
[Wed Jul 25 20:11:30 2012] : Trantor: ooc AC is now 24, and should I wildshape, it will be 21
[Wed Jul 25 20:11:58 2012] : Vaddyn: "You're part of town? How so? "
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:05 2012] : Guard: "Better get moving and cast your spells elsewhere or we might think you're planning to attack."
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:08 2012] : Waltham (enter): 20:12
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:10 2012] : Trantor: "Come now, my ape is getting upset with the raised voices"
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:15 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (19) Waltham...
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:16 2012] : Waltham: ooc sorry folks
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:22 2012] : Waltham: ooc delay at work
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:26 2012] : Vaddyn: "You seem to be the one making the threats of violence"
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:34 2012] : Trantor: "And when he gets upset, he gets a bit arm pulley-out-of-sockety"
[Wed Jul 25 20:12:56 2012] : Guard: ooc intimidate check Trantor (or Arol actually)
[Wed Jul 25 20:13:22 2012] : Trantor: Charisma: [1d20(2) + -2] = 0
[Wed Jul 25 20:14:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc As charismatic as a load of rocks
[Wed Jul 25 20:14:15 2012] : Vaddyn: "Of course, while you watching the big guy, you dont notice us come up behind you"
[Wed Jul 25 20:14:31 2012] : Trantor: ooc surprising how a large animal with a 10 ft reach has an intimidate the same as a normal man ;-)
[Wed Jul 25 20:14:32 2012] : Guard: "Your animal doesn't scare us."
[Wed Jul 25 20:14:57 2012] : Trantor: ooc or in fact worse
[Wed Jul 25 20:15:10 2012] : Guard: ooc he's furry, penalty to intimidate ;)
[Wed Jul 25 20:15:17 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc heh
[Wed Jul 25 20:15:18 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 25 20:15:28 2012] : Trantor: ooc LOL. The crap roll doesn't help either
[Wed Jul 25 20:15:54 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn unhooks his whip
[Wed Jul 25 20:16:25 2012] : Vaddyn: "You never know what could happen to someone who wasn't paying attention"
[Wed Jul 25 20:16:28 2012] : Vaddyn: Intimidate: [1d20(19) + 14] = 33
[Wed Jul 25 20:17:08 2012] : Vaddyn: "They could trip, fall and break their neck so so easily"
[Wed Jul 25 20:18:10 2012] : Finduilas: "Vaddyn: there's no need for that, just tell these good people here the captain of the guard knows about our coming here"
[Wed Jul 25 20:18:38 2012] : Guard: They take their hands off their swords. "Hey, we don't want to fight you but make a move and we will."
[Wed Jul 25 20:18:56 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn grips the guards shoulder firmly
[Wed Jul 25 20:19:02 2012] : Waltham: ooc what are they guarding?
[Wed Jul 25 20:19:09 2012] : Vaddyn: "You should listen to my friend, she is correct"
[Wed Jul 25 20:19:11 2012] : Guard: ooc sorry, Seoman's house.
[Wed Jul 25 20:19:17 2012] : Waltham: Waltham grips the butt of his pistol, ready to draw
[Wed Jul 25 20:19:36 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn grins broadly and backs off
[Wed Jul 25 20:19:49 2012] : Trantor: "We're just sightseeing"
[Wed Jul 25 20:20:00 2012] : Trantor: "And this place is quite a sight"
[Wed Jul 25 20:20:17 2012] : Waltham: "Look", he says, taking his hand away from the weapon. "It's just going to be a lot easier for you to explain afterwards that you let us in, because that's what you're meant to do, than that you tried to stop us."
[Wed Jul 25 20:21:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "No, no We can't go in, but enither can anyone else"
[Wed Jul 25 20:21:37 2012] : Finduilas: "And we make sure nobody gets out either"
[Wed Jul 25 20:21:52 2012] : Guard: "We not supposed to let any of the town watch in without a warrent. Guild orders, you understand. We'd let you in if we could."
[Wed Jul 25 20:22:26 2012] : Guard: "Oh, that sounds alright." They look a bit relieved not to have to fight in the end.
[Wed Jul 25 20:22:32 2012] : Trantor: "Odd that you have a standing order about that"
[Wed Jul 25 20:22:34 2012] : Vaddyn: "An interesting point Paladin. (to the guards) Have you seen of heard any movement inside?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:22:46 2012] : Trantor: "Almost as if he's got something bad to hide"
[Wed Jul 25 20:23:19 2012] : Guard: "We just follow orders."
[Wed Jul 25 20:23:38 2012] : Waltham: "It's a good thing to do."
[Wed Jul 25 20:23:44 2012] : Vaddyn: "When were you given these orders?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:23:44 2012] : Waltham: Waltham grins
[Wed Jul 25 20:23:44 2012] : Guard: "There's no one home right now except for the beancounter."
[Wed Jul 25 20:23:55 2012] : Finduilas: "The beancounter?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:24:23 2012] : Guard: "Counting beans."
[Wed Jul 25 20:24:34 2012] : Trantor: "Well, beans is OK"
[Wed Jul 25 20:24:54 2012] : Trantor: "Why does he have so many beans?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:25:34 2012] : Finduilas: "A wool merchant and a beancounter: that doesn't sound right. How do you know somebody's counting beans?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:26:09 2012] : Waltham: "Could be a local tradition. Maybe they have special beans to feed to the sheep."
[Wed Jul 25 20:26:21 2012] : Guard: "Are you mocking me? You damn well know what I meant -- the accountant is working on the master's books."
[Wed Jul 25 20:26:36 2012] : Trantor: ooc I should add that I said that because I'm a thickie druid with no knowledge of accountancy
[Wed Jul 25 20:26:48 2012] : Trantor: ooc I didn't expect you all to join in!
[Wed Jul 25 20:26:53 2012] : Finduilas: "Oh! I'm sorry, not being a merchant myself I didn't understand"
[Wed Jul 25 20:27:20 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas tends to take things literally
[Wed Jul 25 20:28:00 2012] : Trantor: "Accountant... money in books... open fireplaces..."
[Wed Jul 25 20:28:18 2012] : Trantor: Trantor coughs
[Wed Jul 25 20:28:23 2012] : Waltham: ooc and Waltham just likes stirring.
[Wed Jul 25 20:28:40 2012] : Finduilas: "Master a prisoner, book containing evidence of wrong-doing"
[Wed Jul 25 20:29:13 2012] : Finduilas: "If those books are destroyed, anyone that allowed this might be seen as an accomplice"
[Wed Jul 25 20:29:28 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks at the guards
[Wed Jul 25 20:29:34 2012] : Vaddyn: "Indeed they could."
[Wed Jul 25 20:29:46 2012] : Guard: ooc skill checks
[Wed Jul 25 20:30:02 2012] : Waltham: "And look, to be honest, wouldn't it make sense if some of us stayed out the front to help keep undesirables out, while the rest just check everything's OK inside?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:30:18 2012] : Finduilas: "Could you escort us in, making sure nothing untowards is happening and to make sure we behave ourselves as well"
[Wed Jul 25 20:31:04 2012] : Waltham: Diplomacy to aid another [1d20(13)] = 13
[Wed Jul 25 20:31:25 2012] : Vaddyn: "If you see us commit a crime, feel free to prevent it"
[Wed Jul 25 20:31:28 2012] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(11) + 4 + 1 + 3] = 19
[Wed Jul 25 20:31:31 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas has no ranks in diplomacy nor in intimidate
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:24 2012] : Trantor: ooc aid another
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:25 2012] : Trantor: Diplomacy: [1d20(12) + -1] = 11
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:28 2012] : Waltham: ooc nor does Waltham, hence his Aid Another
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:45 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Aid another
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:48 2012] : Finduilas: Diplomacy: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:51 2012] : Guard: "Sod it. He doesn't pay us enough to hide his crimes. One of you come with me, the rest stay outside."
[Wed Jul 25 20:32:55 2012] : Trantor: "It is a crime to allow someone to destroy evidence"
[Wed Jul 25 20:33:09 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Wow! How did I miss that? \o/
[Wed Jul 25 20:33:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "We will do nothing but prevent evidence being destroyed and defend ourselves"
[Wed Jul 25 20:33:26 2012] : Waltham: "Who's going in? I've got sharp eyes, but I'm not good with financials or similar."
[Wed Jul 25 20:33:52 2012] : Vaddyn: "We just need to stop them destroying anything"
[Wed Jul 25 20:34:00 2012] : Trantor: "I've a feeling haste may be needed at some point, perhaps a chase..."
[Wed Jul 25 20:34:10 2012] : Trantor: "I will assume a more hasty form"
[Wed Jul 25 20:34:18 2012] : Trantor: [Wed Jul 25 20:34:27 2012] : Vaddyn: "I will go with you"
[Wed Jul 25 20:34:43 2012] : Waltham: "OK Vaddyn, just shout if there's trouble."
[Wed Jul 25 20:34:56 2012] : Finduilas: "And we will wait outside. Is there a back exit?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:34:57 2012] : Waltham: Waltham turns to the guards "That's OK, right?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:35:02 2012] : Trantor: In a short space of time, a medium sized, speedy looking reptile stands where Trantor did
[Wed Jul 25 20:35:13 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh, I will. If you hear nothing in 5 minutes, come get me!"
[Wed Jul 25 20:35:18 2012] : Guard: "Right, follow me." she says to Vaddyn, opening the door and step inside.
[Wed Jul 25 20:35:28 2012] : Finduilas: "Don't worry, we will"
[Wed Jul 25 20:36:43 2012] : Guard: She leads Vaddyn to Seoman's large study. Inside a balding man is scrurring about with piles of paper and books. It seems it's sorting them into two piles on the desk.
[Wed Jul 25 20:37:11 2012] : Guard: "Hey, Erik, What are you doing?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:37:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "Why hello there"
[Wed Jul 25 20:37:45 2012] : Guard: The accountant squeaks in surprise, turning around and dropping the papers he's carrying."
[Wed Jul 25 20:38:09 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh, I didn't mean to startle you"
[Wed Jul 25 20:38:29 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "You're not supposed to be in here."
[Wed Jul 25 20:38:43 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "I'm very busy, you'd better go away."
[Wed Jul 25 20:39:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh dont worry about me. Just pretend I'm not here"
[Wed Jul 25 20:39:45 2012] : Vaddyn: "Whats got you so busy if you dont mind me asking?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:40:14 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Don't mind me ... answer my questions LOL
[Wed Jul 25 20:40:27 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "Nothing. Just updating the um... accounts."
[Wed Jul 25 20:40:35 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc :)
[Wed Jul 25 20:41:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "Thats a lot of accounts"
[Wed Jul 25 20:41:03 2012] : Trantor: LOL
[Wed Jul 25 20:41:37 2012] : Vaddyn: "You seem a little flustered. Are you ok?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:42:50 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "Um. I'm fine but I really need to get back to me work, so if you don't mind...?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:43:06 2012] : Erik Beancounter: He picks up the papers up off the floor.
[Wed Jul 25 20:43:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh, out of interest, have you heard the news?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:43:51 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "What news?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:44:03 2012] : Vaddyn: "The news about Seoman"
[Wed Jul 25 20:44:42 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "Yes, I heard he'd been arr... I mean no, no, I've not heard anything about the guild master."
[Wed Jul 25 20:45:09 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "I'm just here to update and audit the accounts as usual."
[Wed Jul 25 20:45:20 2012] : Vaddyn: "He has been arrested by the town guard. They seem to have gotten it into their heads that he has been involved in a few... unpleasant things"
[Wed Jul 25 20:45:28 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Stop toying with the poor man ;)
[Wed Jul 25 20:45:38 2012] : Vaddyn: "Its all a bit crazy, but there you go"
[Wed Jul 25 20:46:07 2012] : Vaddyn: "Its actually why I'm here. In his study. With you"
[Wed Jul 25 20:46:16 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "Oh no, he wouldn't be involved in anything illegal. I'd know." He glances at one of the piles on the desk.
[Wed Jul 25 20:46:59 2012] : Vaddyn: "We dont want anyone tampering with the accounts to make him seem guilty, which of course he couldn't be since as you said, you'd know"
[Wed Jul 25 20:47:16 2012] : Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Jul 25 20:47:22 2012] : Trantor: ooc I see what you did there ;-)
[Wed Jul 25 20:48:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc And with a witness as well :)
[Wed Jul 25 20:48:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "Soooo.... would you mind holding off one the 'accounts update' until the guards can look around"
[Wed Jul 25 20:48:56 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc *off on
[Wed Jul 25 20:49:04 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "I... er..." then rapidly. "I didn't know I swear! He said it was all a theoretical exercise to hedge against any risks. I didn't know he would do anything. Honest! You have to believe me!" he pleades.
[Wed Jul 25 20:49:45 2012] : Vaddyn: "erm.. pardon? Are you saying he's..... (looks shocked) guilty??"
[Wed Jul 25 20:50:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well, this is awkward"
[Wed Jul 25 20:50:22 2012] : Erik Beancounter: Shoulder''s slumped and looking rather dejected. "Yes."
[Wed Jul 25 20:51:00 2012] : Vaddyn: "Is there proof of this?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:51:09 2012] : Trantor: ooc ROFL
[Wed Jul 25 20:51:43 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "It's all here in the books."
[Wed Jul 25 20:52:00 2012] : Vaddyn: "Does anyone else know whats been going on?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:52:02 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "Are you going to arrest me now?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:52:12 2012] : Finduilas: ooc That Trantor is a bit of a bastard ;)
[Wed Jul 25 20:53:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well, I'm not on the Town Guard, but I could escort you to them"
[Wed Jul 25 20:53:29 2012] : Waltham: ooc there's a guard in the room with you
[Wed Jul 25 20:53:39 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc is she not Guild guard?
[Wed Jul 25 20:54:10 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "Maybe his ladyfriend. Eliza. She's in the guild as well."
[Wed Jul 25 20:54:25 2012] : Erik Beancounter: ooc the guard is one of Seoman's personal guard.
[Wed Jul 25 20:54:30 2012] : Waltham: ooc oh yes, oops.
[Wed Jul 25 20:54:35 2012] : Vaddyn: "Do you know where she is?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:54:43 2012] : Erik Beancounter: "No."
[Wed Jul 25 20:55:27 2012] : Erik Beancounter: ooc Eliza was the woman who visted you at the inn and told you about Seoman's midnight meeting and his plotting.
[Wed Jul 25 20:55:45 2012] : Erik Beancounter: ooc if you recall, Finduilas thought she was holding some information back.
[Wed Jul 25 20:55:49 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well, Erik, if I'm honest I dont want to leave this house unguarded. You never know who else is interested in these accounts"
[Wed Jul 25 20:56:09 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I thought that was her. just wondering what her angle is
[Wed Jul 25 20:56:14 2012] : Waltham: ooc I remember Eliza :-)
[Wed Jul 25 20:57:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc If someone in power is taking away, positions open up?
[Wed Jul 25 20:57:00 2012] : Vaddyn: "Maybe if you, 'Guard #1' and I were to just sit here and wait for the Town Guard to get here"
[Wed Jul 25 20:57:46 2012] : Guard: "Agreed."
[Wed Jul 25 20:57:59 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I think those 5 minutes will be up now
[Wed Jul 25 20:58:05 2012] : Waltham: ooc likewise.
[Wed Jul 25 20:58:12 2012] : Vaddyn: "Could you give a wave to my friends?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:58:20 2012] : Vaddyn: "Actually, let me"
[Wed Jul 25 20:58:34 2012] : Finduilas: "Shall we go find Vaddyn?"
[Wed Jul 25 20:58:47 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn goes to a window overlooking the entrance and gives an 'ok' wave"
[Wed Jul 25 20:58:59 2012] : Trantor: Trantor gestures to Arol to take up a position on the roof
[Wed Jul 25 20:59:03 2012] : Finduilas: "Ah, never mind, he's fine"
[Wed Jul 25 20:59:07 2012] : Trantor: Handle Animal: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14
[Wed Jul 25 20:59:14 2012] : Trantor: Handle Companion: [1d20(13) + 10] = 23
[Wed Jul 25 20:59:59 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Climb: [1d20(16) + 18] = 34
[Wed Jul 25 21:00:23 2012] : Guard: Arol clambers easily up the building, plenty of good hand and foothold with all the fancy carved stonework,
[Wed Jul 25 21:00:58 2012] : Trantor: ooc picturing him climbing with a gnome lady in his hand ;-)
[Wed Jul 25 21:01:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "Dont worry about the noise. Its just one of my friends looking out for me"
[Wed Jul 25 21:01:14 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 25 21:01:52 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL But what about the planes?
[Wed Jul 25 21:02:03 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc he's an ape
[Wed Jul 25 21:02:03 2012] : Trantor: Trantor enters the building and looks for a way up to the room from which Vaddyn waved
[Wed Jul 25 21:02:11 2012] : Vaddyn: !ooc he can't plane shift yet!
[Wed Jul 25 21:02:43 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Awww
[Wed Jul 25 21:02:59 2012] : Guard: It's on the 1st floor and easy to find.
[Wed Jul 25 21:03:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "Whoa whoa Trantor, hold on. Its ok"
[Wed Jul 25 21:03:38 2012] : Guard: ooc I don't think there is anything left to do here.
[Wed Jul 25 21:04:00 2012] : Waltham: "I think we're set to wait, don't you?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:04:07 2012] : Guard: ooc 500 XP each for 'defeating' the guards and recovering the evidence.
[Wed Jul 25 21:04:08 2012] : Waltham: ooc I'm game for a fast-forward :)
[Wed Jul 25 21:04:14 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc woo!
[Wed Jul 25 21:04:33 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Well played :)
[Wed Jul 25 21:04:46 2012] : Waltham: ooc bother, I've lost my XP record - I've got us down at 10,000 exactly. Is that correct?
[Wed Jul 25 21:05:14 2012] : Trantor: ooc no idea :-(
[Wed Jul 25 21:05:25 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc me neither
[Wed Jul 25 21:05:41 2012] : Guard: Two hours later, the town watch and the captain arrive with the warrant, the accountant is arrested and the evidence seized.
[Wed Jul 25 21:06:10 2012] : Trantor: ooc we started on 9000 presumably so 10,000 sounds too low
[Wed Jul 25 21:06:44 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I have, 10,880
[Wed Jul 25 21:06:58 2012] : Frederick: "Excellent work! With the witnesses and these accounts Seoman is sure to hang."
[Wed Jul 25 21:07:13 2012] : Frederick: "There is one thing left to do."
[Wed Jul 25 21:07:38 2012] : Waltham: "What's that? Make sure the rest of the werewolves don't trouble the town?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:08:16 2012] : Vaddyn: "Hmm"
[Wed Jul 25 21:08:35 2012] : Frederick: "Yes, the rest of the pack is still out there and needs to be erradicated."
[Wed Jul 25 21:09:02 2012] : Trantor: ooc I was expecting him to turn into a bad guy and arrest us with a wicked laugh
[Wed Jul 25 21:09:02 2012] : Frederick: "We have their location, a cave network in the hills."
[Wed Jul 25 21:09:32 2012] : Frederick: "I suggest you prepare and rest and make for the cave tomorrow morning."
[Wed Jul 25 21:09:35 2012] : Waltham: "Well, look. There might be a better idea. If we wipe them out, surely there's just going to be some other threat."
[Wed Jul 25 21:09:55 2012] : Waltham: "Might it not be wise to recruit them to the defence of the town?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:10:22 2012] : Finduilas: "That might work, if we know that we can trust them"
[Wed Jul 25 21:10:26 2012] : Frederick: ooc I like it! Frederick doesn't but I do... :)
[Wed Jul 25 21:11:14 2012] : Frederick: "Is that wise? They did murdur the Huw family. How can you be sure they won't kill again."
[Wed Jul 25 21:11:38 2012] : Vaddyn: "We spoke to the pack leader before he died"
[Wed Jul 25 21:11:44 2012] : Finduilas: "We've killed their leader, they now see us as such"
[Wed Jul 25 21:11:47 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc did he die?
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:01 2012] : Frederick: ooc I don't think so...
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:07 2012] : Trantor: ooc we handed him over
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:22 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Hmm, my mistake
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:30 2012] : Finduilas: "We've defeated their leader, they now see us as such"
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:38 2012] : Trantor: "So we will attempt to get them to stop, and if possible aid the town"
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:40 2012] : Vaddyn: "We also know the pack did not really like what they were doing, and only did it because they do wehat the leader tells them"
[Wed Jul 25 21:12:50 2012] : Waltham: "He said the pack would obey us. If we go to speak with them and they attack, then they cannot be trusted - and they die. If they listen, then the town will have strong protectors. Perhaps they will accept payment in mutton."
[Wed Jul 25 21:13:12 2012] : Trantor: "I'd suggest that if we do, you may need to pay them with a tribute of a sheep every now and then"
[Wed Jul 25 21:13:14 2012] : Frederick: "I have read that pack loyalty is strong, but I don't see the townsfolk liking the idea at all."
[Wed Jul 25 21:13:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps if we make YOU the pack leader..."
[Wed Jul 25 21:13:27 2012] : Frederick: "They would have to prove themselves some how."
[Wed Jul 25 21:13:40 2012] : Finduilas: "They won't be living in town, but they can still work for it"
[Wed Jul 25 21:13:45 2012] : Frederick: "Do something positive for the town."
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:13 2012] : Vaddyn: "Can you think of anything?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:15 2012] : Waltham: "Well, what does the town need doing? I think it should be something that plays to the werewolves' strengths."
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:25 2012] : Waltham: "Picking flowers for the festival might not be it."
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:37 2012] : Finduilas: "Demeaning them won't accomplish anything"
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:39 2012] : Frederick: "I shall have to think on it."
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:43 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc no bands of roaming bandits need hunting down?
[Wed Jul 25 21:14:58 2012] : Waltham: ooc there's bound to be an orc warband :)
[Wed Jul 25 21:15:05 2012] : Finduilas: ooc No lions or tigers or bears ahah to kill?
[Wed Jul 25 21:15:20 2012] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps keep it quiet to begin. Let them prove themselves to you first"
[Wed Jul 25 21:17:12 2012] : Waltham: "That way you need never tell the townspeople if the werewolves play you false."
[Wed Jul 25 21:18:03 2012] : Frederick: "Hmmm. There are occasional bands of reivers that we cannot track to their hideout."
[Wed Jul 25 21:18:14 2012] : Finduilas: ooc reivers???
[Wed Jul 25 21:18:33 2012] : Frederick: ooc bandits
[Wed Jul 25 21:19:01 2012] : Waltham: ooc like viking raiders
[Wed Jul 25 21:19:09 2012] : Trantor: ooc "they kill you, rape you then eat you, and hopefully in that order"
[Wed Jul 25 21:19:13 2012] : Waltham: ooc bandits but with extra rape and pillage
[Wed Jul 25 21:19:46 2012] : Finduilas: ooc You said rape twice. Well, I like rape
[Wed Jul 25 21:20:07 2012] : Finduilas: ooc ty alll
[Wed Jul 25 21:20:22 2012] : Trantor: ooc the real reavers were border skirmishers between England/Scotland back in the 17th/18th century IIRC
[Wed Jul 25 21:21:00 2012] : Vaddyn: "Sounds ideal"
[Wed Jul 25 21:21:23 2012] : Trantor: ooc 13th-17th apparently
[Wed Jul 25 21:21:35 2012] : Waltham: "Well, the werewolves are hunters by nature."
[Wed Jul 25 21:21:52 2012] : Waltham: "That seems like a good plan to me."
[Wed Jul 25 21:23:06 2012] : Trantor: "The reiver hunter becomes the hunted"
[Wed Jul 25 21:23:42 2012] : Vaddyn: "Can you give a rough idea where they could be?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:24:49 2012] : Trantor: ooc the actual quote was way better than mine... "If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing. And, if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."
[Wed Jul 25 21:24:53 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I think he did that already
[Wed Jul 25 21:25:03 2012] : Frederick: "There's a trail into the high hills but it stops and we could follow no further."
[Wed Jul 25 21:25:53 2012] : Trantor: "Me and Arol are pretty good at following tracks"
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:00 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc what time of day is it?
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:12 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Time to rest?
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:12 2012] : Frederick: ooc stop asking difficult questions!
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:45 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc lunch?
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:46 2012] : Waltham: ooc mid-afternoon. It's always mid-afternoon.
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:55 2012] : Finduilas: ooc ROTFLOL
[Wed Jul 25 21:26:58 2012] : Waltham: ooc except when it isn't.
[Wed Jul 25 21:27:49 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc The long dark tea-time of the soul
[Wed Jul 25 21:28:18 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Nice one!
[Wed Jul 25 21:28:45 2012] : Finduilas: ooc There are times we could use a holistic detective
[Wed Jul 25 21:28:49 2012] : Frederick: ooc I've actually no idea about the time.
[Wed Jul 25 21:29:30 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc the meeting we crashed was at midnight, wasn't it?
[Wed Jul 25 21:29:38 2012] : Finduilas: ooc What have we been doing since our last rest?
[Wed Jul 25 21:29:38 2012] : Frederick: ooc I think you met Seoman in the morning, followed him, arrested him, waiting two hours at his house so it must be lunch time.
[Wed Jul 25 21:29:39 2012] : Waltham: ooc we went to the guild-house early morning, then tracked Seoman and fought there, then handed him over to the guard, then came here. We've spent 2 hours waiting for people here.
[Wed Jul 25 21:29:55 2012] : Frederick: ooc gosh. We agree!
[Wed Jul 25 21:30:01 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Mid-afternoon it is
[Wed Jul 25 21:30:03 2012] : Waltham: ooc lunch time is good.
[Wed Jul 25 21:30:03 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc thats right, we didn't let the meeting happen
[Wed Jul 25 21:30:39 2012] : Frederick: "Well, I'm off for lunch and I'll process this mess in the afternoon."
[Wed Jul 25 21:30:40 2012] : Trantor: ooc given that I'm talking, let's assume I changed back into human form when the captain turned up!
[Wed Jul 25 21:30:48 2012] : Trantor: [Wed Jul 25 21:31:03 2012] : Frederick: "Please return when the werewolf situation is resolved and I shall paid you your reward."
[Wed Jul 25 21:31:07 2012] : Waltham: "Anywhere you want us to meet you, Captain?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:32:25 2012] : Frederick: "The watchhouse will be fine but the Baron may also want to congratulate you."
[Wed Jul 25 21:33:26 2012] : Finduilas: "Let's make sure first there's something to congratulate us with"
[Wed Jul 25 21:34:41 2012] : Trantor: "Are we going to spend the night in town and head out early tomorrow?
[Wed Jul 25 21:35:03 2012] : Vaddyn: "How far away do you think the pack is?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:35:34 2012] : DM: ooc 3 hours on horses.
[Wed Jul 25 21:36:05 2012] : Vaddyn: "If we can make it while there is daylight, then why not today?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:36:46 2012] : Waltham: "We've got to get back, or stay the night out there. Do we trust them that much?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:37:08 2012] : Trantor: ooc I don't have a horse, and Arol can't ride one
[Wed Jul 25 21:38:00 2012] : Finduilas: "I propose we rest before heading out, just to make sure we're all at our best"
[Wed Jul 25 21:38:24 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas can't walk fast or far, she has a horse
[Wed Jul 25 21:38:35 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I'd been thinking we'd rock up, maybe kill one or two to establish dominance and then accompany them on the hunt
[Wed Jul 25 21:39:46 2012] : Waltham: ooc depends if they start anything. I think rocking up with silver weapons and a silver-tongued bard should be enough to lick them into submission.
[Wed Jul 25 21:40:17 2012] : Trantor: ooc nice pun
[Wed Jul 25 21:40:33 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 25 21:40:37 2012] : DM: ooc nice
[Wed Jul 25 21:41:12 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Vaddyn ain't putting his tongue anywhere near them
[Wed Jul 25 21:41:32 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Speciest!
[Wed Jul 25 21:41:44 2012] : Waltham: ooc Castle Rock's Harvest Pale sponsored that sense of humour.
[Wed Jul 25 21:42:07 2012] : Trantor: ooc I read that as Casterly Rock
[Wed Jul 25 21:42:37 2012] : Trantor: ooc thought you were buying fantasy ale now ;-)
[Wed Jul 25 21:44:02 2012] : Trantor: "I don't mind either way"
[Wed Jul 25 21:44:22 2012] : Trantor: "I can ride with one of you, and I can cast a spell on Arol to speed him up"
[Wed Jul 25 21:44:42 2012] : Waltham: "Yes, but how much will that drain you for any trouble we have?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:44:42 2012] : Vaddyn: "We've done it before"
[Wed Jul 25 21:45:05 2012] : Waltham: "I don't know the way your magic works. I just know these." Waltham pats his guns.
[Wed Jul 25 21:47:38 2012] : Trantor: "I'm already pretty drained to be honest"
[Wed Jul 25 21:47:52 2012] : Trantor: "I can make Arol faster"
[Wed Jul 25 21:47:55 2012] : Vaddyn: "Ok, then lets set out early morning"
[Wed Jul 25 21:47:59 2012] : Finduilas: "As am I, but my sword still works"
[Wed Jul 25 21:48:28 2012] : Trantor: "I'm happy to head out a fair part of the way, then get there early in the morning after rest"
[Wed Jul 25 21:48:48 2012] : Waltham: "Early morning will be fine - but what if there is another attack overnight? The werewolves do not know their orders have changed."
[Wed Jul 25 21:48:53 2012] : Waltham: ooc I just thought of that.
[Wed Jul 25 21:48:55 2012] : Finduilas: "That sounds like a good idea, actually"
[Wed Jul 25 21:49:18 2012] : Finduilas: ooc That was to Trantor's remark
[Wed Jul 25 21:49:41 2012] : Vaddyn: "We'll just have to cross our fingers"
[Wed Jul 25 21:50:52 2012] : Finduilas: "Their leader won't lead them into attack this night"
[Wed Jul 25 21:51:06 2012] : Waltham: "Let us ride, then, and keep a sharp eye at night."
[Wed Jul 25 21:51:43 2012] : Trantor: Longstrider: Level 1 - Increase speed by 10 ft for 4 hours.
[Wed Jul 25 21:52:02 2012] : Trantor: "Vaddyn, can I cadge a lift?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:52:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "Indeed you can"
[Wed Jul 25 21:52:29 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn gets his horse and heads for the town gates
[Wed Jul 25 21:52:52 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas mounts her horse
[Wed Jul 25 21:55:02 2012] : DM: Your ride for 2-3 hours over hills and moors until you reach a narrow wooded valley. The cave system is in the upper valley half an hour away.
[Wed Jul 25 21:56:23 2012] : Waltham: "Right. Do people want a quick refresher?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:56:28 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks for a secluded place to camp
[Wed Jul 25 21:56:32 2012] : Finduilas: "We should be almost there. Shall we press on or rest first?"
[Wed Jul 25 21:56:39 2012] : Trantor: Survival: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26
[Wed Jul 25 21:56:48 2012] : Vaddyn: "I think we should rest"
[Wed Jul 25 21:57:17 2012] : DM: There's a secluded and defensive spot down in the valley,
[Wed Jul 25 21:57:38 2012] : Finduilas: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 25 21:57:50 2012] : Trantor: ooc down in the valley?? "That's the killbox Tony, it's where you go to die"
[Wed Jul 25 21:57:52 2012] : Waltham: "Right then. I'll take a watch, if you like; I can sleep easy."
[Wed Jul 25 21:57:57 2012] : Trantor: ooc :-)
[Wed Jul 25 21:58:31 2012] : Trantor: "I'll take second watch"
[Wed Jul 25 21:59:20 2012] : Vaddyn: "I'll take last"
[Wed Jul 25 22:00:12 2012] : DM: The night passes.
[Wed Jul 25 22:00:34 2012] : Finduilas: ooc back
[Wed Jul 25 22:01:15 2012] : Finduilas: Rest: Regain 4 HP. [Wed Jul 25 22:02:28 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc hmmm
[Wed Jul 25 22:02:38 2012] : Waltham: "So, up in the mountains? That was quieter than I expected."
[Wed Jul 25 22:03:26 2012] : Trantor: Rest: Regain 4 HP. [Wed Jul 25 22:03:32 2012] : Vaddyn: "It was as quiet as I had hoped"
[Wed Jul 25 22:03:48 2012] : Finduilas: "Time for action, right after my prayers"
[Wed Jul 25 22:05:15 2012] : DM: ooc let's have some action then!
[Wed Jul 25 22:06:12 2012] : Waltham: ooc "A little less conversation"
[Wed Jul 25 22:07:02 2012] : DM: ooc um, is no one going to do anything?
[Wed Jul 25 22:07:19 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc sorry, thought you were prepping an ambush
[Wed Jul 25 22:07:19 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas mounts and rides on
[Wed Jul 25 22:07:53 2012] : Waltham: ooc I think we're riding, but warily
[Wed Jul 25 22:08:09 2012] : Trantor: "Let's go..."
[Wed Jul 25 22:08:13 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn packs up and gets moving
[Wed Jul 25 22:08:26 2012] : DM: The trees thin as you head up the valley, you see the dark opening of the cave ahead. You hear werewolf snarls and growls from the cave.
[Wed Jul 25 22:08:30 2012] : Trantor: "A little more slowly now though, then I do not need to use a spell on Arol"
[Wed Jul 25 22:09:12 2012] : Waltham: "They'll hear us coming, so we might as well be open about this. Vaddyn, are you talking for us?"
[Wed Jul 25 22:09:15 2012] : Vaddyn: "Who has the amulet?"
[Wed Jul 25 22:09:40 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas dismounts
[Wed Jul 25 22:09:47 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Good question
[Wed Jul 25 22:09:51 2012] : Trantor: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 25 22:10:13 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I think we're abpout to get visitors (10 past 10, so I'm not too happy about it)
[Wed Jul 25 22:10:33 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc but its family and they are bringing a birthday card for me, so...
[Wed Jul 25 22:10:40 2012] : Waltham: ooc ah, right
[Wed Jul 25 22:10:43 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Let's say Vaddyn has the amulet, if he's doing the talking
[Wed Jul 25 22:10:47 2012] : Waltham: ooc bit less alarming.
[Wed Jul 25 22:11:33 2012] : DM: ooc I'd like to get a bit further...
[Wed Jul 25 22:11:59 2012] : DM: You enter the cave, Vaddyn leading the way wearing the former packleader's amulet.
[Wed Jul 25 22:12:15 2012] : Vaddyn: "Hello!"
[Wed Jul 25 22:12:33 2012] : DM: The passageway turns a corner and opens out into a cave lit with burning torches.
[Wed Jul 25 22:12:34 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas acts as second in command
[Wed Jul 25 22:13:31 2012] : Waltham: Waltham takes a guard position on one flank, with a good line of sight
[Wed Jul 25 22:13:51 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn makes sure the amulet is very visible
[Wed Jul 25 22:13:59 2012] : DM: A man in armour painted black and red greats you. "Ah visitors. Lord FitzRothburg welcomes you to his domain."
[Wed Jul 25 22:14:50 2012] : Vaddyn: "Greetings."
[Wed Jul 25 22:14:59 2012] : DM: Crouched at his feet are three werewolves, there bodies matted and covered in blood. Mortal wounds gaping open, their dead eyes staring.
[Wed Jul 25 22:15:31 2012] : Waltham: "You killed these people?"
[Wed Jul 25 22:15:34 2012] : Vaddyn: "We did not expect to meet a Lord out here"
[Wed Jul 25 22:15:37 2012] : DM: Behind are four more werewolves, huddled at the back of the cave.
[Wed Jul 25 22:15:50 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks on in distaste
[Wed Jul 25 22:16:08 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Detect Evil
[Wed Jul 25 22:16:27 2012] : DM: Plenty of evil here!
[Wed Jul 25 22:17:18 2012] : DM: "Oh I nearly forgot. I don't like vistors! How silly of me!"
[Wed Jul 25 22:17:29 2012] : DM: "Attack my pets! Attack!"
[Wed Jul 25 22:17:46 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 25 22:17:51 2012] : DM: The zombie werewolves start to lurch forwards and the other werewolves reluctantly advance.
[Wed Jul 25 22:18:09 2012] : Waltham: "Halt! We are your pack-leaders, not this fool!"
[Wed Jul 25 22:18:25 2012] : Waltham: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Jul 25 22:18:31 2012] : Trantor: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16
[Wed Jul 25 22:18:38 2012] : Finduilas: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25
[Wed Jul 25 22:20:32 2012] : DM: The werewolves halt. "Aye, that one bears the amulet." "But they must prove themselves to us."
[Wed Jul 25 22:21:19 2012] : DM: ooc not doing a great job on this scene. sorry.
[Wed Jul 25 22:21:29 2012] : Trantor: ooc seems OK to me
[Wed Jul 25 22:21:34 2012] : Waltham: ooc the tension's definitely working for me
[Wed Jul 25 22:21:39 2012] : Finduilas: "Here we ga again"
[Wed Jul 25 22:21:44 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Fine with me
[Wed Jul 25 22:21:53 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I'd forgotten the damn undead!
[Wed Jul 25 22:22:05 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I'm loving it so far, David, you're doing great!
[Wed Jul 25 22:22:15 2012] : Waltham: ooc likewise. They're sneaky beggars!
[Wed Jul 25 22:22:27 2012] : DM: "Whoever wins shall be packleader." growls a werewolf.
[Wed Jul 25 22:23:38 2012] : Waltham: "Who are you, Fitz-Rothburg?"
[Wed Jul 25 22:24:21 2012] : DM: itzRothburg splutters with rage. "Lord! Lord!! Kill them Kill! Kill!" he shouts, spittle flying.
[Wed Jul 25 22:24:30 2012] : DM: GAME END