Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 4 19:43:17 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 4 19:44:57 2012] : Trantor: Umm, are playing in the lobby?
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:08 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Uhm, aren't we still in the lobby?
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:13 2012] : DM: You're in a private room in the Black Sheep Inn. It's the evening and Eliza, from the wool guild, has just left having told you about a plot to maniulate the wool prices and a meeting tomorrow night between the guild leader and the "shady character" who is coordinating the attacks.
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:21 2012] : DM: Oops.
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:34 2012] : Moving to room 'Black Sheep Inn'..
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:34 2012] : DM (enter): 19:45
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:36 2012] : Trantor (enter): 19:45
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:39 2012] : Finduilas (enter): 19:45
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:41 2012] : Vaddyn (enter): 19:45
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:48 2012] : Aeleva (enter): 19:45
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:49 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (5) Trantor...
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:51 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3) Finduilas...
[Wed Jul 4 19:45:54 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Aeleva...
[Wed Jul 4 19:47:50 2012] : DM: You think Eliza has been truthful but she was holding something back. You agreed look into the meeting.
[Wed Jul 4 19:48:45 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc what time of the day is it?
[Wed Jul 4 19:49:36 2012] : DM: It's the evening, after dark about 9 o'clock.
[Wed Jul 4 19:50:04 2012] : Waltham (enter): 19:50
[Wed Jul 4 19:50:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well I think we all deserve a good nights sleep"
[Wed Jul 4 19:50:22 2012] : Waltham: ooc evening all
[Wed Jul 4 19:50:47 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc hi
[Wed Jul 4 19:50:47 2012] : DM: ooc Hi Henry
[Wed Jul 4 19:50:48 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Hi, Henry :)
[Wed Jul 4 19:52:52 2012] : Trantor: "Me too, let's find our beds"
[Wed Jul 4 19:54:35 2012] : DM: The night passes uneventfully and you awake refreshed the following morning.
[Wed Jul 4 19:54:59 2012] : Finduilas: "Good morning"
[Wed Jul 4 19:55:51 2012] : Vaddyn: "So, what should we do about the meeting tonight?"
[Wed Jul 4 19:55:55 2012] : Aeleva: "Good morning"
[Wed Jul 4 19:55:59 2012] : Waltham: ooc can someone do me a two-line recap please? I missed the previous session.
[Wed Jul 4 19:56:58 2012] : DM: You met with Eliza, from the wool guild, who told you about a plot to maniulate the wool prices and a meeting tomorrow night between the guild leader and the "shady character" who is coordinating the attacks.
[Wed Jul 4 19:57:56 2012] : DM: You also bought some silvered weapons and defeated some werewolves who were attacking a sheep pen just outside of town.
[Wed Jul 4 19:58:37 2012] : Finduilas: ooc They were nasty! :(
[Wed Jul 4 19:59:26 2012] : Waltham: ooc great; thanks. A good night's sleep, and Waltham's all set ;-)
[Wed Jul 4 19:59:57 2012] : Waltham: "Rise and shine? I could do with a beer."
[Wed Jul 4 20:01:31 2012] : Finduilas: "Beer? Really? At this time of day?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:03:04 2012] : Waltham: "This stuff couldn't drown a gnat. Mountain towns."
[Wed Jul 4 20:03:24 2012] : Waltham: Waltham grimaces; it's apparent he's not his usual cheerful self this morning.
[Wed Jul 4 20:03:36 2012] : Aeleva: "No wonder your stick of fire thing is so unprecise, if you start with beer so early"
[Wed Jul 4 20:04:31 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Waltham's hands, to see if they are shaking
[Wed Jul 4 20:04:54 2012] : Waltham: "Do you want to try it one day?" Waltham's hands are steady
[Wed Jul 4 20:04:57 2012] : Trantor: "We are in town, beer is probably the safest thing to drink if you don't wish to get gut rot"
[Wed Jul 4 20:06:22 2012] : Aeleva: "Interesting conversations to start the day"
[Wed Jul 4 20:06:44 2012] : Trantor: "I can make some safe water if you wish"
[Wed Jul 4 20:06:44 2012] : Aeleva: "Well, I say we need to take a look at where that meeting will take place, and lay out the land"
[Wed Jul 4 20:06:48 2012] : Waltham: "I'll stick to the beer. Water's fine in the countryside, 'cept where the sheep piss in it."
[Wed Jul 4 20:06:54 2012] : Aeleva: "This said, we need to do it without being too conspicuous"
[Wed Jul 4 20:07:03 2012] : Vaddyn: "I'm more interested in the one scheduled for the end of the day"
[Wed Jul 4 20:07:16 2012] : Waltham: ooc I always forget about Purify Water etc.: Delhi Belly obviously doesn't exist in DnD!
[Wed Jul 4 20:07:35 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Vaddyn huh?
[Wed Jul 4 20:07:40 2012] : Finduilas: "You want us to sneak around? That's not for me"
[Wed Jul 4 20:07:53 2012] : Trantor: ooc I'm assuming create water does not create sewage water, but something fresh
[Wed Jul 4 20:08:00 2012] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 4 20:08:05 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 4 20:08:43 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc the meeting we are planning to eavesdrop on
[Wed Jul 4 20:09:19 2012] : DM: ooc create water creates drinking water
[Wed Jul 4 20:09:39 2012] : Waltham: "Yes. How far out of town is the meeting, anyway?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:09:53 2012] : DM: It's at the guild hall in town.
[Wed Jul 4 20:10:44 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Vaddyn that's the meeting I was talking about :) you've confused me
[Wed Jul 4 20:11:01 2012] : Aeleva: "Right there in the guild"
[Wed Jul 4 20:11:24 2012] : Waltham: "Might be difficult to find out what's happening if we don't look around first. Anyone got a good excuse?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:11:29 2012] : DM: The guild leader's (Seoman's) office is located on the 1st floor at the front of the building.
[Wed Jul 4 20:11:39 2012] : Aeleva: "We do have some reason to go there, don't we? Since we know just a little more on those sheep problems?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:11:41 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well hadn't we planned on going there anyway? We agreed to investigate the problems at the farm for them"
[Wed Jul 4 20:11:55 2012] : Aeleva: "Of course we know more than we should know, but we can pretend we're giving an update"
[Wed Jul 4 20:12:34 2012] : Aeleva: "and see if we can learn enough about the building to "attend" the meeting tonight.
[Wed Jul 4 20:12:53 2012] : Finduilas: "Hmm, pretend? I'm also bad at that"
[Wed Jul 4 20:13:03 2012] : Aeleva: ooc oops, just read Vaddyn. Your color is confusing man, it's really light and not the one you had?
[Wed Jul 4 20:13:15 2012] : Aeleva: ooc brb Emma kisses
[Wed Jul 4 20:13:22 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc it hasn't changed
[Wed Jul 4 20:13:54 2012] : Waltham: "Vaddyn, you can convince them of a tale or two, can't you? I can offer support at the right moments."
[Wed Jul 4 20:14:09 2012] : Waltham: ooc Waltham has +7 on bluff, so enough to aid another very usefully :)
[Wed Jul 4 20:14:53 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well all we have to do is maybe exaggerate the truth a little"
[Wed Jul 4 20:15:30 2012] : Vaddyn: "Of course there is a chance they'll know what happened"
[Wed Jul 4 20:15:48 2012] : Finduilas: "Just don't lie when I'm around, or ask me to"
[Wed Jul 4 20:16:40 2012] : Waltham: "Not an outright lie, so much as an indication of the direction we want them to believe."
[Wed Jul 4 20:16:46 2012] : Waltham: ooc Paladins :-p
[Wed Jul 4 20:16:58 2012] : Finduilas: ooc :P back at you
[Wed Jul 4 20:17:24 2012] : Vaddyn: "All you need do is remain silent. This is in a good cause after all"
[Wed Jul 4 20:18:01 2012] : Finduilas: "Just remember: don't tell an outright lie, I can not let that pass, I'm afraid"
[Wed Jul 4 20:18:38 2012] : Trantor: "There is no shame in telling lies to unroot murder"
[Wed Jul 4 20:18:49 2012] : Trantor: "Surely you can see this?"!
[Wed Jul 4 20:19:13 2012] : Waltham: ooc does Finduilas have a particularly strict code? I thought that lying was non-lawful but not necessarily evil.
[Wed Jul 4 20:19:55 2012] : Finduilas: "There is always shame in lying"
[Wed Jul 4 20:20:20 2012] : Finduilas: "Keeping silent, confusing the matter, that can be excused, but not lying"
[Wed Jul 4 20:20:21 2012] : Trantor: "Well, I disagree with that"
[Wed Jul 4 20:20:42 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Paladin: lawful, so no lying
[Wed Jul 4 20:20:44 2012] : Trantor: "But you are welcome to your opinion on the matter"
[Wed Jul 4 20:20:47 2012] : Waltham: ooc "Look, Sir Osric, an evildoer!"
[Wed Jul 4 20:20:53 2012] : Finduilas: "Thank you"
[Wed Jul 4 20:21:05 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh come now! How about a childs tale? Most of those are lies of a sort"
[Wed Jul 4 20:21:18 2012] : Trantor: "Even if it is wrong"
[Wed Jul 4 20:21:25 2012] : Trantor: ooc :-)
[Wed Jul 4 20:21:49 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I fully support your right to be wrong
[Wed Jul 4 20:22:11 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 4 20:22:15 2012] : Waltham: ooc :)
[Wed Jul 4 20:22:18 2012] : Vaddyn: "My very livelyhood revolves around rumours and half-truths"
[Wed Jul 4 20:22:26 2012] : Finduilas: "Let's agree to disagree on this matter"
[Wed Jul 4 20:22:59 2012] : Waltham: "Yes, but please don't give us away - that would be being accessory to murder, which is clearly worse than being an accessory to lying. Or misleading."
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:00 2012] : Trantor: Trantor shrugs
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "Only on the condition that you will not destroy this opportunity"
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:12 2012] : Finduilas: "And tales aren't necessarily lies, not if everybody knows it's just a tale" :)
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:19 2012] : Waltham: Waltham does his best emotional blackmail on the paladin.
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:30 2012] : Vaddyn: "A lie is a lie regardless of how many people know it"
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:39 2012] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(1) + 4 + 1 + 3] = 9
[Wed Jul 4 20:23:42 2012] : Trantor: "Such matters are above a simple druid's domain"
[Wed Jul 4 20:24:03 2012] : Trantor: ooc and I do mean *simple*
[Wed Jul 4 20:24:09 2012] : Finduilas: "A lie is an untruth meant to deceive, without that intention there are no lies"
[Wed Jul 4 20:24:54 2012] : Vaddyn: "But surely then it is the intent that is evil rather than the lie"
[Wed Jul 4 20:25:10 2012] : Aeleva: "Well. We heard you. As Waltham put it, just make sure that you're out of earshot if we have to lie. You wouldn't want to jeopardize the whole operation"
[Wed Jul 4 20:25:21 2012] : Vaddyn: "In that case there is no issue here as our intent is noble"
[Wed Jul 4 20:25:51 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas shakes her head
[Wed Jul 4 20:26:05 2012] : Finduilas: "Just try not to lie while I'm around"
[Wed Jul 4 20:26:06 2012] : Trantor: "You could always wait here"
[Wed Jul 4 20:26:32 2012] : Vaddyn: "Or go see how our prisoner is"
[Wed Jul 4 20:26:46 2012] : Finduilas: "If you could refrain from straight out lying, the presence of a paladin might give your words more weight"
[Wed Jul 4 20:27:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "If what we have heard is true I dont think they will care"
[Wed Jul 4 20:27:57 2012] : Waltham: "Your presence might just tip them off that we're not likely to agree with their objectives."
[Wed Jul 4 20:29:36 2012] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 4 20:29:40 2012] : Finduilas: "I don't feel comfortable letting you go there without me, how about I come along and wait at the other side of the door, close enough to lend assistence if and when needed?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:30:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "That might be a good solution"
[Wed Jul 4 20:31:31 2012] : DM: ooc this conversation has been interesting but it does highlight the big problem with paladins -- they bog down the making of plans with their rigid rules.
[Wed Jul 4 20:31:52 2012] : DM: ooc please don't been that sort of paladin, Hannele.
[Wed Jul 4 20:32:34 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Still feeling my way around here, David :)
[Wed Jul 4 20:33:02 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I dare say she'll losen up in time;)
[Wed Jul 4 20:33:12 2012] : Finduilas: ooc loosen ??
[Wed Jul 4 20:33:27 2012] : Trantor: ooc that one
[Wed Jul 4 20:33:42 2012] : Finduilas: ooc ty :) I thought it looked weird
[Wed Jul 4 20:33:46 2012] : Trantor: Rest: Regain 4 HP. [Wed Jul 4 20:34:22 2012] : DM: Going to the guildhall, now?
[Wed Jul 4 20:34:45 2012] : Waltham: ooc yep
[Wed Jul 4 20:36:15 2012] : DM: Seoman agrees to see you in his office overlooking the market square.
[Wed Jul 4 20:36:42 2012] : Seoman: "Have you made any progress?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:37:27 2012] : Waltham: "Found a few corpses."
[Wed Jul 4 20:37:28 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva stays in the background and prints the layout of the office, where the windows look out to etc. to memory
[Wed Jul 4 20:37:58 2012] : Vaddyn: "Its a quite unbeleivable story"
[Wed Jul 4 20:38:01 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas is at the other side of the door, looking around while polishing her sword
[Wed Jul 4 20:38:22 2012] : Seoman: "Go on."
[Wed Jul 4 20:38:47 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well, we were attacked by some wolf-men"
[Wed Jul 4 20:39:22 2012] : Aeleva: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 4 20:39:22 2012] : Vaddyn: "Vicious and very difficult to kill"
[Wed Jul 4 20:39:50 2012] : Seoman: "You think you've killed them all now?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:39:53 2012] : Seoman: ooc sense motive
[Wed Jul 4 20:39:57 2012] : Vaddyn: Sense Motive: [1d20(15) + -1 + 1 + 3] = 18
[Wed Jul 4 20:40:44 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well the three that attacked us won't be troubling anyone else, however they gave the impression that there were many more fo them"
[Wed Jul 4 20:40:53 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc *of
[Wed Jul 4 20:41:29 2012] : Waltham: Sense Motive: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28
[Wed Jul 4 20:41:38 2012] : Trantor: Sense Motive: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Jul 4 20:41:46 2012] : Waltham: "Three took some killing. Could be more to come."
[Wed Jul 4 20:42:38 2012] : Waltham: Waltham looks worried. "This could be very bad for business - if the guild can't guarantee supply lines... buyers will go elsewhere."
[Wed Jul 4 20:42:40 2012] : Seoman: "You need to track down the leader of this pack of beasts. Slay the packleader and the rest will no doubt disperse."
[Wed Jul 4 20:43:19 2012] : Vaddyn: "They have a packleader?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:43:48 2012] : Seoman: "We produce the finest wool in the kingdom, there is no where better to buy wool."
[Wed Jul 4 20:44:22 2012] : Seoman: "There is undoubtedly a leader, in fact I have heard some rumours about where the lair might be."
[Wed Jul 4 20:44:37 2012] : Waltham: "Yes, but if you can't supply it due to these attacks? It'll be an expensive problem if there's as many of these wolf-men as they implied."
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:16 2012] : Trantor: Trantor raises an eyebrow at his last sentence
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:22 2012] : Seoman: "I have some contacts that will be providing further information this evening, return tomorrow and I can tell you were to find them."
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:26 2012] : Vaddyn: "And then there are all the deaths which I'm sure concerns you too"
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:32 2012] : Aeleva: Sense Motive: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:40 2012] : Aeleva: ooc sorry, Emma has "growing pains"
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:44 2012] : Seoman: "Oh yes, I am very concerned with the loss of the farmers."
[Wed Jul 4 20:45:47 2012] : Aeleva: ooc litteraly
[Wed Jul 4 20:46:25 2012] : Vaddyn: "Could you tell us more of these contacts? Any little piece of information could be invaluable"
[Wed Jul 4 20:46:50 2012] : Seoman: "That information is confidential."
[Wed Jul 4 20:47:41 2012] : Vaddyn: "A pity. I would hate to see others ending up the same way as those farmers we saw yesterday"
[Wed Jul 4 20:48:00 2012] : Aeleva: ooc and my husband is trying to fix a website we've broken :/
[Wed Jul 4 20:48:09 2012] : Aeleva: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 4 20:48:18 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc is it the Natwest website? ;)
[Wed Jul 4 20:48:58 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Nice work, breaking websites. How do you even attempt that?
[Wed Jul 4 20:50:14 2012] : Trantor: ooc LL
[Wed Jul 4 20:50:18 2012] : Trantor: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 4 20:51:07 2012] : Waltham: Waltham looks at Seoman flatly. "What cost could it have greater than the death of the farmers, and the damage to the guild, to share this information?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:51:11 2012] : Trantor: ooc coincidentally I just did some Apache config for the first time in about a year tonight
[Wed Jul 4 20:52:08 2012] : Trantor: "well obviously his life is worth more than that of the entire family of farmers Waltham!"
[Wed Jul 4 20:52:59 2012] : Seoman: Seoman's lies are coming apart at the seems but he continues anyway. "The fewer people who know about this source of information the safer it is for them."
[Wed Jul 4 20:53:03 2012] : Waltham: "To him, maybe, and at least that's understandable - but would these people really kill you, Master Seoman, just for sharing some information?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:53:27 2012] : Waltham: "Safer for the people who know, you mean?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:53:51 2012] : Seoman: "Yes, I do not wish to endanger my sources."
[Wed Jul 4 20:54:44 2012] : Trantor: "How very noble"
[Wed Jul 4 20:55:03 2012] : Vaddyn: "How about endangering your supply of wool? All these deaths will destroy your business"
[Wed Jul 4 20:55:04 2012] : Waltham: "And if we offer to protect your sources for you?"
[Wed Jul 4 20:55:14 2012] : Vaddyn: "No sheep, no farmers, no wool"
[Wed Jul 4 20:55:47 2012] : Waltham: ooc what skill check/ability check to know about the increase in price caused by scarcity of wool?
[Wed Jul 4 20:56:01 2012] : Seoman: ooc appraise?
[Wed Jul 4 20:56:41 2012] : Aeleva: Appraise: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18
[Wed Jul 4 20:57:18 2012] : Waltham: ooc profession: Evil Overlord would probably do it too ;-)
[Wed Jul 4 20:57:22 2012] : Seoman: "If these attacks continue then, yes, there will be hardships for the shepherds and that is of great concern to us iin the guild."
[Wed Jul 4 20:57:55 2012] : Vaddyn: Appraise: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Wed Jul 4 20:59:00 2012] : Vaddyn: "Actually... kill the farmers, reduce the supply, push up the prices... profit"
[Wed Jul 4 20:59:08 2012] : Vaddyn: "It makes sense now"
[Wed Jul 4 20:59:56 2012] : Vaddyn: "You knew. You knew from the start"
[Wed Jul 4 21:00:18 2012] : Aeleva: "Such a concern for the guild?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:00:24 2012] : Aeleva: "I am not so sure"
[Wed Jul 4 21:00:51 2012] : Waltham: ooc if this was a CRPG we'd not have enough evidence for the dialogue options at this stage :-p
[Wed Jul 4 21:02:08 2012] : Seoman: Seoman becomes angry. "You dare to accuse me of planning these attacks without any proof! I am insulted! Get out and find the real ringleader, now!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:02:24 2012] : Seoman: ooc sense motive.
[Wed Jul 4 21:02:27 2012] : Vaddyn: Sense Motive: [1d20(5) + -1 + 1 + 3] = 8
[Wed Jul 4 21:02:33 2012] : Aeleva: Sense Motive: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20
[Wed Jul 4 21:03:18 2012] : Waltham: Sense Motive [1d20(8) + 11] = 19
[Wed Jul 4 21:03:36 2012] : Waltham: "You were not surprised when we first told you of the wolf-beasts, Seoman."
[Wed Jul 4 21:03:54 2012] : Waltham: "Finduilas! In here! Quickly!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:04:04 2012] : Waltham: Waltham raises his voice to a shout.
[Wed Jul 4 21:04:07 2012] : Trantor: "He even mentioned that he knew about their leader"
[Wed Jul 4 21:04:14 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas comes *running*
[Wed Jul 4 21:04:27 2012] : Finduilas: "Do you need help?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:05:03 2012] : Waltham: "Just keep between Seoman and the window."
[Wed Jul 4 21:05:11 2012] : Waltham: ooc don't want him escaping :)
[Wed Jul 4 21:05:21 2012] : Finduilas: "Of course"
[Wed Jul 4 21:05:43 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas takes up her position, sword in her hands
[Wed Jul 4 21:05:51 2012] : Seoman: "Of course I wasn't surprised when you metioned the werewolves. Everyone knows that beasts had been attacking the sheep, that's why I hired you in the first place."
[Wed Jul 4 21:06:30 2012] : Finduilas: "Did he just say he knew the beasts were werewolves?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:06:49 2012] : Seoman: "I also have contacts of my own as I have mentioned."
[Wed Jul 4 21:07:14 2012] : Seoman: "I think you should leave now before I am forced to eject you and terminate your contract!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:07:42 2012] : Waltham: "These contacts of yours. Are they men by day, wolves by night?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:08:29 2012] : Seoman: "Guards! Guards!" Seoman calls out and two guards in the livery of Seoman's house arrive moments later.
[Wed Jul 4 21:08:33 2012] : Finduilas: "If that would be proven to be true, you wouldn't need to terminate my contract with you"
[Wed Jul 4 21:08:46 2012] : Seoman: "Escort these people out, immediately."
[Wed Jul 4 21:08:59 2012] : Seoman: ooc are you going to resist or go quietly?
[Wed Jul 4 21:09:02 2012] : Trantor: "Aww, but this was such a nice conversation"
[Wed Jul 4 21:09:33 2012] : Vaddyn: "Lets go to talk to that beast again, the one who told us so much already"
[Wed Jul 4 21:09:37 2012] : Finduilas: "Are we going already?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:09:51 2012] : Waltham: ooc Waltham feels trigger-happy.
[Wed Jul 4 21:10:41 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tries to make Seoman think we have our own inside contacts
[Wed Jul 4 21:10:43 2012] : Vaddyn: Bluff: [1d20(15) + 4 + 10] = 29
[Wed Jul 4 21:10:45 2012] : Finduilas: "Don't go anywhere, Seoman, we'll be back"
[Wed Jul 4 21:10:56 2012] : Seoman: ooc but is he actually trigger happy?
[Wed Jul 4 21:11:04 2012] : Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 4 21:11:17 2012] : Waltham: Waltham adds his bit to Vaddyn's parting shot. "Don't let on, dammit man!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:11:32 2012] : Waltham: Bluff: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9 to aid another
[Wed Jul 4 21:11:34 2012] : Waltham: ooc boo
[Wed Jul 4 21:12:12 2012] : Finduilas: "That creature has still more information to share with us"
[Wed Jul 4 21:12:14 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva thinks to herself: "So much for quietly eavesdropping on the meeting tonight..."
[Wed Jul 4 21:12:16 2012] : Seoman: The guards escort you out of the building, leaving behind a visibly rattled Seoman.
[Wed Jul 4 21:13:28 2012] : DM: ooc what next?
[Wed Jul 4 21:13:40 2012] : Waltham: "Well, he didn't like the news we had. Back to our prisoner?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:14:01 2012] : Vaddyn: "They'll be watching us. Lets relax a while"
[Wed Jul 4 21:14:21 2012] : Finduilas: "How are we going to let him talk? Insinuate Seoman already betrayed him?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:14:58 2012] : Waltham: "That will do nicely."
[Wed Jul 4 21:15:03 2012] : DM: ooc spot checks
[Wed Jul 4 21:15:09 2012] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(5) + 3] = 8
[Wed Jul 4 21:15:26 2012] : Finduilas: Perception: [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Jul 4 21:16:14 2012] : Waltham: Perception: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31
[Wed Jul 4 21:16:17 2012] : Waltham: ooc woo!
[Wed Jul 4 21:16:23 2012] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(19) + 8] = 27
[Wed Jul 4 21:16:53 2012] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(19) + 9] = 28
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:04 2012] : Finduilas: ooc A crit on perception!
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:25 2012] : Aeleva: "Here!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:29 2012] : Trantor: "Hmm, shall we follow him?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:30 2012] : DM: ooc an eagle-eyed bunch today.
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:45 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva points to a hooded figure hurrying out of the building
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:49 2012] : Trantor: "Arol, come - Track that fellow"
[Wed Jul 4 21:17:54 2012] : Trantor: Handle Animal: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:12 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Survival: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:17 2012] : Waltham: Waltham glances at the guards, to see how they're armed.
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:22 2012] : Waltham: ooc are the guards still around?
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:26 2012] : DM: ooc er, a large ape is not going to be very inconspicous
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:40 2012] : DM: The guards moved back into the guildhall
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:42 2012] : Trantor: ooc nor is an entire party
[Wed Jul 4 21:18:53 2012] : Waltham: ooc sneaky ranger time? :)
[Wed Jul 4 21:19:03 2012] : Trantor: ooc Stupid druid, so it's fine
[Wed Jul 4 21:19:37 2012] : Waltham: ooc Craig: just get drunk enough first ;-)
[Wed Jul 4 21:19:40 2012] : Aeleva: Survival: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:04 2012] : Finduilas: "What about that guy, Aeleva?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:17 2012] : Aeleva: "That is Seoman"
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:29 2012] : Aeleva: ooc is it ok if I track him?
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:35 2012] : Aeleva: ooc follow him rather
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:38 2012] : Waltham: "It is, and why aren't we stopping him?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:43 2012] : Waltham: ooc it's all good by me!
[Wed Jul 4 21:20:59 2012] : DM: The ape follows Seoman who is heading for the part of town with all the industry, the spinners and weavers mostly. A part of town with narrow streets and small houses..
[Wed Jul 4 21:21:10 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Climb: [1d20(1) + 18] = 19
[Wed Jul 4 21:21:22 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva sprints to follow Seoman, trying not to lose sight of him
[Wed Jul 4 21:21:38 2012] : DM: ooc Following via the rooftops, clever.
[Wed Jul 4 21:21:41 2012] : Trantor: Trantor follows Arol
[Wed Jul 4 21:21:53 2012] : DM: Seoman doesn't notice the ape tracking him from above.
[Wed Jul 4 21:21:55 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas just goes on, hoping to catch up at some point
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:02 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(4) + 12] = 16
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:06 2012] : Trantor: ooc though not up the building
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:15 2012] : DM: Stealth checks for anyone trying to follow.
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:21 2012] : Trantor: Stealth: [1d20(5) + -2] = 3
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:23 2012] : Waltham: ooc not I
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:31 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc nor I
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:33 2012] : DM: follow Seoman, you can follow the ape or one of the others without being spotted.
[Wed Jul 4 21:22:41 2012] : Trantor: ooc my move is 20 ft, so not going as fast as Arol
[Wed Jul 4 21:23:13 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows Trantor
[Wed Jul 4 21:23:16 2012] : Finduilas: Stealth: [1d20(9) + -5] = 4
[Wed Jul 4 21:23:22 2012] : Aeleva: Fast stealth: This ability allows you to move at full speed using Stealth without penalty.
[Wed Jul 4 21:23:36 2012] : DM: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Jul 4 21:24:15 2012] : DM: Seoman turns a corner quickly. Another stealth check Aeleva, another climb for Arol.
[Wed Jul 4 21:24:22 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Climb: [1d20(9) + 18] = 27
[Wed Jul 4 21:24:25 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed Jul 4 21:24:35 2012] : Aeleva: ooc so much for being a rogue
[Wed Jul 4 21:24:39 2012] : Aeleva: ooc HMPF
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:04 2012] : DM: Arol clambers quickly from building to building effortlessly.
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:06 2012] : DM: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:31 2012] : DM: Seoman glances back and appears to spot Aeleva, he turns down an alley way.
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:39 2012] : DM: Another check, please.
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:47 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 12] = 17
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:48 2012] : Waltham: ooc I'll follow Arol, in that case
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:53 2012] : DM: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed Jul 4 21:25:56 2012] : Aeleva: ooc SERIOUSLY
[Wed Jul 4 21:26:00 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Climb: [1d20(12) + 18] = 30
[Wed Jul 4 21:26:34 2012] : DM: Seoman glances back briefly and Aeleva blends into the crowd, Seoman slows and seems to relax.
[Wed Jul 4 21:26:47 2012] : DM: Another check.
[Wed Jul 4 21:27:08 2012] : Trantor: Arol - Climb: [1d20(13) + 18] = 31
[Wed Jul 4 21:27:38 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(20) + 12] = 32
[Wed Jul 4 21:27:43 2012] : Aeleva: ooc NOW we're talking
[Wed Jul 4 21:28:55 2012] : DM: Seoman reaches a small, dilapedated house on a narrow side street, the lower windows boarded up and the upper ones thick with grime and cobwebs.
[Wed Jul 4 21:29:18 2012] : DM: He knocks on the door, looking around nervously.
[Wed Jul 4 21:29:48 2012] : Trantor: Trantor continues in the direction he saw Arol head
[Wed Jul 4 21:30:02 2012] : DM: The door opens a crack. Aeleva has snuck close enough to here the whispered conversation.
[Wed Jul 4 21:30:15 2012] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Jul 4 21:30:34 2012] : Stranger: "What are you doing here? I said never to come here!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:30:39 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Nice one!
[Wed Jul 4 21:31:11 2012] : Seoman: "Our plan is blown, the adventurers know everything!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:32:00 2012] : Stranger: "Were you followed?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:32:27 2012] : Seoman: "They tried but I lost them in the streets."
[Wed Jul 4 21:32:45 2012] : Stranger: "You'd better come in, quick."
[Wed Jul 4 21:33:05 2012] : DM: The door opens and Seoman darks into the dark hallway. The door closing behind.
[Wed Jul 4 21:33:36 2012] : DM: A minute later the rest of you arrive in the street.
[Wed Jul 4 21:34:03 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva keeps to the shadows and makes use of the silence in the street to make out the conversation in the house
[Wed Jul 4 21:34:16 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas is breathing hard
[Wed Jul 4 21:34:48 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn has a 'Whats going on?' look on his face
[Wed Jul 4 21:34:56 2012] : Waltham: Waltham waits to see what Aeleva says.
[Wed Jul 4 21:35:45 2012] : DM: Aeleva, you here footsteps going down (or up) some stairs and then another door opening and closing. You don't hear anything else.
[Wed Jul 4 21:35:51 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks round for Arol
[Wed Jul 4 21:36:11 2012] : DM: Arol waves from the rooftop at Trantor.
[Wed Jul 4 21:37:05 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva, hearing the footsteps subside, gets closer to the door and starts examining it to see if she maybe can open it
[Wed Jul 4 21:37:10 2012] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28
[Wed Jul 4 21:37:31 2012] : DM: The door has a simple lock, it looks easy to pick.
[Wed Jul 4 21:38:00 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Beware of DM's who say "it *looks* easy" ;)
[Wed Jul 4 21:38:30 2012] : Trantor: Trantor signals for Arol to come
[Wed Jul 4 21:38:38 2012] : Trantor: Handle Companion: [1d20(15) + 10] = 25
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:06 2012] : Aeleva: Disable device: [1d20(12) + 16] = 28
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:14 2012] : Trantor: Trantor gives Arol a treat, and some praise
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:15 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva picks the lock
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:23 2012] : Aeleva: "Now the door is open, do we want to go in?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:25 2012] : DM: The locks clicks open effortlessly.
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:39 2012] : Finduilas: "What is there inside?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:39:54 2012] : Trantor: "Well, we won't uncover anything if we stay here"
[Wed Jul 4 21:40:08 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva looks around before she steps in to see if there isn't a trap or some sort of strange device destined to ruin her day (or make the SM happy)
[Wed Jul 4 21:40:11 2012] : Aeleva: Perception (Traps): [1d20(2) + 14] = 16
[Wed Jul 4 21:40:18 2012] : Aeleva: ooc oh come on
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:02 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc hey! you've rolled two 19s and two 20s tonight. Dont be greedy
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:03 2012] : Waltham: Waltham checks his guns, satisfying himself that they're loaded, and prepares to draw a pistol quickly.
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:08 2012] : Finduilas: ooc SM or DM?
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:08 2012] : DM: There doesn't appear to be a trap...
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:20 2012] : Aeleva: ooc :P
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:28 2012] : Trantor: ooc :-D
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:54 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Vaddyn, you're right, but those would have hindered me. This 2 might blow you all up :P
[Wed Jul 4 21:41:57 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Inquiring minds want to know *shrug*
[Wed Jul 4 21:42:08 2012] : Aeleva: "Let me go first"
[Wed Jul 4 21:42:25 2012] : Trantor: ooc isn't this what a wand of summon 1 is for... mobile trap setter off-er
[Wed Jul 4 21:42:43 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva opens the door, listens to see if nothing has been triggered, like a bell in the distance or some such. Looks for stairs going up or down
[Wed Jul 4 21:42:58 2012] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14
[Wed Jul 4 21:43:09 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Of course it is: conjure trap bait
[Wed Jul 4 21:43:29 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Wand of cannon fodder
[Wed Jul 4 21:43:39 2012] : DM: It seems to be an ordinary door. You see a line of footprints in the thick dust heading along the hallway and down a narrow flight of stairs.
[Wed Jul 4 21:43:58 2012] : Aeleva: "They've gone down"
[Wed Jul 4 21:44:03 2012] : Aeleva: "Do we want to follow?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:44:20 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn nods
[Wed Jul 4 21:44:21 2012] : Aeleva: ooc hör doch auf mit dem italics! ;)
[Wed Jul 4 21:44:46 2012] : Trantor: ooc *shrug*
[Wed Jul 4 21:44:48 2012] : Aeleva: ooc stop (scaring me) with the italics
[Wed Jul 4 21:44:54 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Die benutze ich nicht
[Wed Jul 4 21:45:02 2012] : Aeleva: ooc David does :P
[Wed Jul 4 21:45:28 2012] : DM: ooc David does what?
[Wed Jul 4 21:45:43 2012] : Finduilas: "Are there evildoers here? In that case: lead on"
[Wed Jul 4 21:45:44 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva starts going down, trying to keep to the shadows and keeping an eye open for traps along the way
[Wed Jul 4 21:45:49 2012] : Aeleva: ooc you use the italics ;)
[Wed Jul 4 21:45:49 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Use italics
[Wed Jul 4 21:46:00 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 12] = 31
[Wed Jul 4 21:46:05 2012] : Aeleva: Perception (Traps): [1d20(15) + 14] = 29
[Wed Jul 4 21:46:57 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas stays well behind, not wanting to be heard until Aeleva has done her thing
[Wed Jul 4 21:47:25 2012] : DM: Perception to listen to stuff, Aeleva.
[Wed Jul 4 21:47:52 2012] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(3) + 8] = 11
[Wed Jul 4 21:47:57 2012] : DM: Aeleva creeps softly down the stairs, there's a door and behind Seoman and the stranger and talking.
[Wed Jul 4 21:48:08 2012] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(11) + 12] = 23
[Wed Jul 4 21:49:12 2012] : Stranger: "...tell them this location, there will be an ambush and the problem will be resolved."
[Wed Jul 4 21:49:33 2012] : Seoman: "Surely they want fall for that?"
[Wed Jul 4 21:50:06 2012] : Aeleva: ooc won't?
[Wed Jul 4 21:50:11 2012] : Stranger: "They'll be cautious but they'll have to, they have no other lead to the lair."
[Wed Jul 4 21:50:28 2012] : Stranger: ooc "Surely they won't fall for that" sorry
[Wed Jul 4 21:51:40 2012] : Seoman: "Very well. you had better not fail, remember who is paying your wages."
[Wed Jul 4 21:52:31 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva gets ready to go up the stairs again and leave
[Wed Jul 4 21:52:40 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 12] = 19
[Wed Jul 4 21:52:47 2012] : Stranger: "I've dealt with these sort before, inexperienced, fired up on doing good and saving the world, they won't stand a chance. Now go before someone notices you are gone."
[Wed Jul 4 21:53:01 2012] : Aeleva: ooc as soon as the conversation is over ;)
[Wed Jul 4 21:53:27 2012] : Stranger: You hear Seoman walking towards the door and goup the stairs
[Wed Jul 4 21:53:34 2012] : Stranger: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Wed Jul 4 21:54:04 2012] : Aeleva: ooc uh oh
[Wed Jul 4 21:54:37 2012] : Stranger: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21
[Wed Jul 4 21:55:29 2012] : Stranger: "Shit! Someone's here, get back!"
[Wed Jul 4 21:55:39 2012] : Stranger: GAME END