Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed May 16 20:06:35 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed May 16 20:06:50 2012] : Trantor: ooc Del, set then number you want +1 in the field inside the node, then preview it
[Wed May 16 20:07:54 2012] : Aeleva: ooc ok
[Wed May 16 20:08:53 2012] : DM: Ceriontyn (pronouced with a hard C by the locals) is a small town in the foothills of the Grey Peak mountains to the west. Narrow streets with small stone houses with slate roofs wind up the hill side to the small stone keep of the local lord and lady.
[Wed May 16 20:10:21 2012] : DM: Waltham is in the central market square in Low Town, by the eastern gate browsing the notice board nailed to a massive oak tree whose gnarled branches provide shape to the cluster of small market stalls selling pastries and local foodstuffs.
[Wed May 16 20:11:06 2012] : DM: One of the notices says "REWARD" in bold type at the top.
[Wed May 16 20:11:30 2012] : DM: Waltham do you read the notices or do you move away to somewhere else?
[Wed May 16 20:12:15 2012] : Waltham: Waltham reads the notices, in particular the one offering a reward. Cash is short at the moment...
[Wed May 16 20:13:36 2012] : DM: "REWARD, 500 gold pieces to whoever slays the Beast attacking our flocks. Report to the guildhall."
[Wed May 16 20:14:34 2012] : DM: "Others ask for help locating lost items or are adverts from butchers, all claiming to sell the finest lamb in the town."
[Wed May 16 20:15:08 2012] : Waltham: Waltham pushes himself up from the fence where he's leaning, and heads to the guildhall. Lost items could be anywhere, and lamb is not his favourite meat.
[Wed May 16 20:17:32 2012] : DM: A bard starts performing in the square by the east gate. A tall tale that soon as a crowd gathering a laughing at the humourous tale.
[Wed May 16 20:17:46 2012] : DM: Vaddyn, feel free to tell a tale ;)
[Wed May 16 20:17:51 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc :P
[Wed May 16 20:19:02 2012] : Vaddyn: "Vaddyn tells a tall tale about an idiotic landowner getting his cumuppance from a charming entertainer"
[Wed May 16 20:19:13 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tells a tall tale about an idiotic landowner getting his cumuppance from a charming entertainer
[Wed May 16 20:19:48 2012] : Vaddyn: Who then talked the daughter into running off to join a travelling band with him
[Wed May 16 20:20:04 2012] : DM: Noticed by almost everyone, a woman of unremarkable appearance moves quietly through the crowd.
[Wed May 16 20:21:36 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva gets closer to the bard, smirking at his poor tale and looks around, taking size of the crowd and who they might be
[Wed May 16 20:22:18 2012] : DM: The morning sun is shining and the air is warm. Finduilas sits outside the Black Sheep Inn resting from days of travel, eating a late breakfast.
[Wed May 16 20:22:31 2012] : DM: ooc performance skill check, Vaddyn.
[Wed May 16 20:23:02 2012] : Vaddyn: Perform - Comedy: [1d20(5) + 4 + 5 + 3] = 17
[Wed May 16 20:23:28 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: Finduilas observes the crowd as she enjoys her food, peace and quiet
[Wed May 16 20:23:39 2012] : DM: ooc looking up skills, I forget what they are in proper D&D!
[Wed May 16 20:23:49 2012] : Aeleva: ooc lol
[Wed May 16 20:23:58 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: ooc It'll come back to you :)
[Wed May 16 20:24:41 2012] : DM: ooc Aeleva perception and knowledge local.
[Wed May 16 20:24:46 2012] : Aeleva: Knowledge Local: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed May 16 20:25:17 2012] : Aeleva: Perception (conversation, concealed, secret): [1d20(14) + 12] = 26
[Wed May 16 20:25:23 2012] : Vaddyn: oco sorry, that roll should've be 19
[Wed May 16 20:25:25 2012] : Aeleva: ooc using uncanny observer
[Wed May 16 20:25:52 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva is trying to listen in on conversations
[Wed May 16 20:27:14 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva swiftly moves towards the gate, where a girl seems to be talking to a guard
[Wed May 16 20:27:22 2012] : DM: Trantor walks up the road to the eastern gate of Ceriontyn.
[Wed May 16 20:28:05 2012] : DM: Traffic on the road is light, farmers bringing their goods, a messenger on a fast horse riding east.
[Wed May 16 20:28:46 2012] : Guard Raquel: "You there!" calls out one of the town guard as Trantor approaches.
[Wed May 16 20:29:02 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks up
[Wed May 16 20:29:41 2012] : Trantor: Arol follows behind Trantor, looking thoroughly well trained
[Wed May 16 20:29:59 2012] : Guard Raquel: Her uniform is plain, a chainmail shirt, a small round helm and a spear. Her tabard has the coat of arms of the town, a ram's head in black on a field of green.
[Wed May 16 20:30:16 2012] : Guard Raquel: "Are you a druid?"
[Wed May 16 20:30:54 2012] : Trantor: "Indeed, I am one of the folk of the grove"
[Wed May 16 20:31:06 2012] : Trantor: "Can we assist you in some way?"
[Wed May 16 20:31:52 2012] : Guard Raquel: "We have orders to detain all druids and rangers entering the city. You are to give up any weapons you are carrying and come with us."
[Wed May 16 20:32:10 2012] : Trantor: "Detain?"
[Wed May 16 20:32:19 2012] : Trantor: "But I have not entered the city"
[Wed May 16 20:32:32 2012] : DM: The others in the square notice a commotion at the gates, three of the town guard are closing in on a druid.
[Wed May 16 20:32:56 2012] : DM: ooc feel free to interrupt etc.
[Wed May 16 20:33:29 2012] : Trantor: Trantor backs up to Arol and whispers something
[Wed May 16 20:33:30 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: Finduilas puts some money on the table and goes over to see what the commotion is
[Wed May 16 20:33:39 2012] : Raquel: "I said you're to come with us. Those are our orders. Now are you going to come quietly or not?"
[Wed May 16 20:33:47 2012] : Waltham: Waltham looks over at the commotion. To think it was just another quiet day in another quiet town. Things are lookin' up.
[Wed May 16 20:33:57 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn cuts short his story and heads over, always eager to witness a story unfold
[Wed May 16 20:33:58 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: ooc KMAO
[Wed May 16 20:34:12 2012] : Aeleva: ooc is that the same guard I was going to?
[Wed May 16 20:34:15 2012] : Raquel: Spears are lowered.
[Wed May 16 20:34:21 2012] : Trantor: Instantly, Arol has lifted Trantor into the air, holding his feet so that he is stood some 12 feet from the ground on Arol's hands
[Wed May 16 20:34:40 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Arol?
[Wed May 16 20:34:40 2012] : Waltham: Waltham strolls over, looking relaxed.
[Wed May 16 20:34:47 2012] : Waltham: ooc my question exactly :)
[Wed May 16 20:34:59 2012] : Trantor: ooc A large ape
[Wed May 16 20:35:01 2012] : Raquel: ooc Aeleva, different guard, but in the same group now menacing Trantor
[Wed May 16 20:35:16 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva sails over, trying to stay inconspicuous
[Wed May 16 20:35:40 2012] : Raquel: The guards are taken aback a bit.
[Wed May 16 20:35:55 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn has no qualms about being seen
[Wed May 16 20:35:59 2012] : Raquel: "Uhh... Tell your animal to put you down."
[Wed May 16 20:36:10 2012] : Trantor: "As I said, I have not entered the city, so quite how you can waylay me beforehand I do not know"
[Wed May 16 20:36:26 2012] : Vaddyn: "Well this certainly isn't something you see every day"
[Wed May 16 20:36:42 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "What seems to be the problem here?"
[Wed May 16 20:37:06 2012] : Raquel: "This is town business, ma'am. Nothing to concern you."
[Wed May 16 20:37:21 2012] : Waltham: Waltham turns to Finduilas "The man in the air seems to be on the giving or receiving end of the problem, at any rate."
[Wed May 16 20:37:33 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "Well, if there is a problem, I might be able to help"
[Wed May 16 20:37:54 2012] : Trantor: Trantor speaks to Arol
[Wed May 16 20:37:54 2012] : Raquel: "If you're not going to enter the town what are you doing outside these gates?"
[Wed May 16 20:37:59 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn makes some quick notes, to wind them into a future tale
[Wed May 16 20:38:00 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: Finduilas makes sure both her sword and her holy symbol are displayed
[Wed May 16 20:38:13 2012] : Vaddyn: "Maybe he's just admring the stonework"
[Wed May 16 20:38:20 2012] : Trantor: "I was going to enter, and then you informed me that druids entering are to be held."
[Wed May 16 20:38:31 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: ""
[Wed May 16 20:38:31 2012] : Trantor: "At that point I decided not to enter"
[Wed May 16 20:38:42 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "That certainly makes sense"
[Wed May 16 20:38:55 2012] : Trantor: "I can hardly have broken your rule now can I?"
[Wed May 16 20:39:34 2012] : Raquel: "Oh, uh.... I guess you can be on your way?" the guard sounds unsure.
[Wed May 16 20:39:39 2012] : Vaddyn: "He has a point"
[Wed May 16 20:39:46 2012] : Trantor: ooc probably playing him a bit too clever for int 8... sorry
[Wed May 16 20:39:46 2012] : Vaddyn: Diplomacy: [1d20(4) + 4 + 1 + 3] = 12
[Wed May 16 20:39:59 2012] : Waltham: "The interestin' question is why you don't want druids. Sure, I met one once who never washed, but that's a bit... obvious."
[Wed May 16 20:40:00 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: To Waltham, smiling: "It seems the problem has already solved itself"
[Wed May 16 20:40:05 2012] : Trantor: Trantor is put down by Arol
[Wed May 16 20:40:27 2012] : Raquel: Someone else approaches the gates, pushing is way through the crowd.
[Wed May 16 20:40:54 2012] : Captain Fredrik: "Alright, alright, what's going on here." he says loudly.
[Wed May 16 20:41:10 2012] : Trantor: "Come Arol, we're not welcome in the town"
[Wed May 16 20:41:23 2012] : Trantor: Trantor makes to walk away
[Wed May 16 20:41:51 2012] : Raquel: "There's a druid at the gates, Sir. We're trying to detain him as ordered."
[Wed May 16 20:41:53 2012] : Trantor: ooc Arol has Int 3, and therefore understands speech BTW
[Wed May 16 20:41:53 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "Hold on a minute, friend, and let me buy you a meal to take with you"
[Wed May 16 20:42:24 2012] : Vaddyn: "Ah, maybe you can tell us why druids are being detained?"
[Wed May 16 20:42:50 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "And why druides are to be detained even when they don't even try to enter this town"
[Wed May 16 20:42:57 2012] : Fredrik: "Detain him? I didn't order them arrested! They are to be asked to reported to the town watchhouse!"
[Wed May 16 20:43:13 2012] : Fredrik: "Pay attention next time!"
[Wed May 16 20:43:29 2012] : Waltham: "Is that asked nicely, or 'asked'?"
[Wed May 16 20:43:31 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "Hmm"
[Wed May 16 20:43:35 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn chuckles
[Wed May 16 20:43:50 2012] : Trantor: Trantor turns back
[Wed May 16 20:43:53 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: Finduilas listens to Fredrik and wonders
[Wed May 16 20:43:55 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: Sense Motive: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed May 16 20:43:56 2012] : Fredrik: (In a less loud voice to Trantor) "On behalf of the town I can only apologise for the behaviour of these guards."
[Wed May 16 20:44:09 2012] : Trantor: "Hmm, a little better welcom I guess"
[Wed May 16 20:44:25 2012] : Fredrik: "Druids are very much welcome here in Ceriontyn. In fact you may be able to provide a valuble service."
[Wed May 16 20:44:29 2012] : Vaddyn: "Actually I'm even more intrigued now"
[Wed May 16 20:44:38 2012] : Fredrik: Finduilas thinks the captain is honest.
[Wed May 16 20:44:41 2012] : Trantor: "I'm feeling tired of walking, so I'll accompany you"
[Wed May 16 20:44:43 2012] : Waltham: "It's about that beast, isn't it?"
[Wed May 16 20:45:14 2012] : Trantor: "Arol is an ape, not a beast"
[Wed May 16 20:45:20 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "Let me buy you breakfast first and you can report to the watchhouse after"
[Wed May 16 20:45:22 2012] : Fredrik: (to Waltham) "Yes. Everything is about the beast nowadays."
[Wed May 16 20:45:22 2012] : Trantor: ooc ;-)
[Wed May 16 20:45:48 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: ooc It's a monkey? (Runs and ducks for cover)
[Wed May 16 20:45:53 2012] : Trantor: "Are you talking about my ape here, or have I missed something?"
[Wed May 16 20:45:54 2012] : Waltham: "I don't care about apes. They're just hairy."
[Wed May 16 20:46:33 2012] : Fredrik: (to Trantor) "No, no, the beast attacking the flocks, report to the watchhouse for details if you wish to help."
[Wed May 16 20:46:53 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "A beast is attacking the flocks?"
[Wed May 16 20:46:57 2012] : Trantor: "That sounds like somethign that I can assist with. I'll gladly help"
[Wed May 16 20:47:04 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva watches the scene with interest and tries to size up those that speak loudly (namely, her future companions ;))
[Wed May 16 20:47:13 2012] : Trantor: Trantor follows the captain
[Wed May 16 20:47:21 2012] : Vaddyn: "Would I be able to join you? It sounds interesting"
[Wed May 16 20:47:25 2012] : Waltham: "I was on my way to the guildhall, because that's what the reward poster said."
[Wed May 16 20:47:41 2012] : Trantor: On seeing the tree, Trantor tells Arol to go and rest in the branches and wait for him
[Wed May 16 20:47:54 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva gets closer to one of the guards and addresses him
[Wed May 16 20:48:00 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: Finduilas saunters in the direction of the watchhouse
[Wed May 16 20:48:12 2012] : Aeleva: "What's with this beast?"
[Wed May 16 20:48:58 2012] : Trantor: ooc "he's having a go at the flowers now!"
[Wed May 16 20:49:37 2012] : Fredrik: "Hmmm. If you has skills and experience with the wilderness for dangerous situations you may be useful. And you, Sir (to Waltham) I'd advise you to come to the watchhouse first. The guild might offer more rewards but between you and me, they don't have the interests of the town at heart."
[Wed May 16 20:50:37 2012] : Aeleva: "Oh, and what'w with the guild? Why is this Captain so wary of them?"
[Wed May 16 20:50:40 2012] : Waltham: "I'm more about dangerous situations than wildernesses."
[Wed May 16 20:51:29 2012] : Finduilas Ar-Feiniel: "I have no affinity for wilderness, but I've been in plenty of danger and Sarenrae has so far chosen to protect me"
[Wed May 16 20:51:39 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows the Captain
[Wed May 16 20:51:40 2012] : Fredrik: Aeleva, diplomacy check.
[Wed May 16 20:51:49 2012] : Aeleva: Diplomacy: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed May 16 20:53:43 2012] : Guard Petr: (to Aeleva) "You'd best speak to the captain about the Beast, and the guild? They're rich and the town watch is not.
[Wed May 16 20:53:57 2012] : Aeleva: "I see. Thanks."
[Wed May 16 20:54:05 2012] : Waltham: "I never did see a rich town watch. What's the attraction?"
[Wed May 16 20:54:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "Steady wage, and a shiny sword?"
[Wed May 16 20:54:39 2012] : Guard Petr: "Hah! Beats standing knee deep in a bog counting sheep!"
[Wed May 16 20:54:55 2012] : Waltham: "When you put it that way..."
[Wed May 16 20:55:23 2012] : Aeleva: "Heh. And I guess the guild makes sure their coming and going is easy"
[Wed May 16 20:55:38 2012] : Finduilas: "You are doing good for your community"
[Wed May 16 20:55:53 2012] : Guard Petr: "Aye." the guard doesn't seem to friendly or inclined to answer anymore questions.
[Wed May 16 20:56:30 2012] : Trantor: ooc Trantor followed the captain
[Wed May 16 20:56:39 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva winks at the guard and goes.
[Wed May 16 20:56:43 2012] : Aeleva: "Well, I guess I'll go find out more about this beast and other things, on to the watchhouse"
[Wed May 16 20:57:00 2012] : Guard Petr: The crowd goes back to the shopping and other work as Fredrik heads to the watch house with Trantor close behind.
[Wed May 16 20:57:22 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva follows them
[Wed May 16 20:57:28 2012] : Waltham: Waltham follows along; it's close enough to what he'd originally planned.
[Wed May 16 20:57:47 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows
[Wed May 16 20:58:32 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas continues on her way
[Wed May 16 20:58:51 2012] : DM: The watch house is a slightly shabby tow story building built up against the town walls.
[Wed May 16 20:59:36 2012] : DM: His office is a pokey room, the desk a disorganized pile of paperwork and ledgers.
[Wed May 16 21:00:12 2012] : Fredrik: ooc who is joining the captain in his office?
[Wed May 16 21:00:16 2012] : Waltham: ooc me!
[Wed May 16 21:00:44 2012] : Trantor: oo cme
[Wed May 16 21:00:47 2012] : Trantor: ooc me
[Wed May 16 21:00:50 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc me too
[Wed May 16 21:00:50 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas stops at the door and listens in on the conversation
[Wed May 16 21:01:37 2012] : Aeleva: ooc me as well
[Wed May 16 21:01:51 2012] : Fredrik: Everyone else crowds into the office.
[Wed May 16 21:01:51 2012] : Aeleva: ooc as well, like Finduilas
[Wed May 16 21:02:01 2012] : Fredrik: "Right, the Beast."
[Wed May 16 21:02:03 2012] : Aeleva: ooc staying at the door
[Wed May 16 21:02:32 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I'd be afraid to even breathe in such a small room with that many people, with the arms I'm carrying ;)
[Wed May 16 21:02:38 2012] : Trantor: "Do go on "
[Wed May 16 21:03:06 2012] : Waltham: Waltham leans against the wall
[Wed May 16 21:03:20 2012] : Fredrik: "It's been attacking the flocks up on the moors, killing the sheep by the dozen and leaving the corpses uneaten."
[Wed May 16 21:03:40 2012] : Waltham: "Claw marks, or weapons?"
[Wed May 16 21:04:09 2012] : Fredrik: "Not really much more to say to be honest. A couple of local lads and lasses fancied themselves adventurers and had a look. But didn't have the stomach for it."
[Wed May 16 21:04:19 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(10) + 1 + 2 + 1] = 14
[Wed May 16 21:04:52 2012] : Fredrik: "The sheep had been brutally attacks, claws or teeth nearing flaying the skin right of them."
[Wed May 16 21:05:30 2012] : Finduilas: "Either a lot of force or very sharp weapons"
[Wed May 16 21:05:37 2012] : Trantor: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26
[Wed May 16 21:05:38 2012] : Fredrik: Vaddyn, not any normal animal like a puma or wolf could do such a thing.
[Wed May 16 21:05:59 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Arcana?
[Wed May 16 21:06:40 2012] : Fredrik: ooc try an arcana check.
[Wed May 16 21:06:41 2012] : Trantor: "This does not sound like a normal animal, but there are dire forms of normal creatures that have far greater strength"
[Wed May 16 21:07:01 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(8) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 15
[Wed May 16 21:07:08 2012] : Trantor: "They normally only kill to eat"
[Wed May 16 21:07:26 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn ponders the description
[Wed May 16 21:08:46 2012] : Fredrik: "So are you interested in investigating?"
[Wed May 16 21:09:06 2012] : Vaddyn: "The only thing that comes to mind is some sort of sacrifice"
[Wed May 16 21:09:15 2012] : Fredrik: "There is a reward of 400 gold coins to slay the Beast."
[Wed May 16 21:09:26 2012] : Waltham: "I'll have a look."
[Wed May 16 21:09:30 2012] : Trantor: "I am indeed, it sounds like something outside nature, and I would have t stopped"
[Wed May 16 21:10:28 2012] : Finduilas: "Ah, if it's not an animal, I might be of use"
[Wed May 16 21:10:35 2012] : Vaddyn: "This could be interesting. Would any of you be intersted in working together?"
[Wed May 16 21:11:10 2012] : Trantor: "I would certainly be glad of assistance"
[Wed May 16 21:11:20 2012] : Waltham: "Better than workin' alone."
[Wed May 16 21:11:43 2012] : Finduilas: "I like to feel useful, so I'll be happy to come along"
[Wed May 16 21:11:45 2012] : Fredrik: "Good, you want to see Mr and Mrs Huwne, they're the shepherds worst affected, their farm is out on on Cantrik Moor to the north west."
[Wed May 16 21:11:47 2012] : Aeleva: "I'm not versed in wilderness things, but I need a change in air and pace, so if you'll take me, I'll go with you"
[Wed May 16 21:12:47 2012] : Finduilas: "How far from town are they?"
[Wed May 16 21:13:20 2012] : Fredrik: "About 10 miles or so by the road."
[Wed May 16 21:13:43 2012] : Trantor: ooc are we in America?
[Wed May 16 21:13:54 2012] : Fredrik: ooc huh?
[Wed May 16 21:13:55 2012] : Trantor: ooc 10 miles is a crazy distance ;-)
[Wed May 16 21:14:11 2012] : Fredrik: ooc in what way?
[Wed May 16 21:14:15 2012] : Aeleva: ooc lol, it's not
[Wed May 16 21:14:19 2012] : Finduilas: "Better get my horse then, this metal I'm wearing is a bit heavy to walk in"
[Wed May 16 21:14:41 2012] : Waltham: ooc yeah. Even in Wales, you'd see farms every 2 miles at most.
[Wed May 16 21:14:41 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I can walk that in four hours or so :P
[Wed May 16 21:15:00 2012] : Trantor: ooc never mind, I'm just used to local meaning within about 3 iles
[Wed May 16 21:15:04 2012] : Trantor: ooc miles
[Wed May 16 21:15:12 2012] : Aeleva: "Captain, pardon my being blunt here, but how come the guild is *also* offering a reward for the beast?
[Wed May 16 21:15:24 2012] : Aeleva: "I've seen the signs outside"
[Wed May 16 21:15:36 2012] : Aeleva: "And the reward is well, a bit more substantial"
[Wed May 16 21:16:07 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc brb
[Wed May 16 21:16:12 2012] : Fredrik: "The wool guild is badly affected of course and they have more gold to offer."
[Wed May 16 21:16:39 2012] : Aeleva: "I see, I guess we could go see them to get more information anyway, right?"
[Wed May 16 21:17:17 2012] : Trantor: "I'm not in it for the money. Though it certainly helps keep me alive, and enables me to be better prepared for the next adventure"
[Wed May 16 21:17:31 2012] : Fredrik: "Aye, not a bad idea. Just... well, keep your wits about you when you're talking to them or you'll find you've bought 10 wagons of woold."
[Wed May 16 21:17:57 2012] : Aeleva: "I'll keep that in mind, promise"
[Wed May 16 21:18:02 2012] : Aeleva: "Thanks Captain"
[Wed May 16 21:18:49 2012] : Finduilas: "Yes, thank you, that was very enlightening"
[Wed May 16 21:19:09 2012] : Aeleva: "Shall we go? I suggest going to the wool guild first, and ask around to see if they have more information"
[Wed May 16 21:19:18 2012] : Waltham: "That'll do me."
[Wed May 16 21:19:35 2012] : Fredrik: ooc perhaps introduce yourselfs now.
[Wed May 16 21:19:54 2012] : Aeleva: ooc to each other you mean?
[Wed May 16 21:20:01 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed May 16 21:20:03 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Why? LOL
[Wed May 16 21:20:14 2012] : Waltham: ooc yeah. Why? :-p
[Wed May 16 21:20:30 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I would do it once out of the Captain's office ;)
[Wed May 16 21:20:33 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc back
[Wed May 16 21:20:37 2012] : Waltham: "If we're workin' together, you'd better know who I am so you can shout if the beast's leapin' at me."
[Wed May 16 21:20:43 2012] : Finduilas: "Well, if we're going to travel together, I'd better introduce myself. I'm Finduilas Ar-Feiniel"
[Wed May 16 21:21:02 2012] : Trantor: "I thany you all for your offers of assistance in this matter"
[Wed May 16 21:21:08 2012] : Finduilas: "I go to where my goddess sends me, to help those in need"
[Wed May 16 21:21:10 2012] : DM: You walk out of the watch house and head for the guildhall.
[Wed May 16 21:21:15 2012] : Waltham: "I'm Waltham."
[Wed May 16 21:21:36 2012] : DM: ooc and a brief summary of your appearance.
[Wed May 16 21:21:40 2012] : Aeleva: "Anytime, I must say the ape episode had something really entertaining about it, the guards were quite baffled"
[Wed May 16 21:21:44 2012] : Trantor: "I fear although I am interested in ending the menace, it may be beyond the capabilities of me and Arol"
[Wed May 16 21:21:48 2012] : Aeleva: "Oh, I'm Aeleva"
[Wed May 16 21:22:10 2012] : Vaddyn: "I am Vaddyn"
[Wed May 16 21:22:10 2012] : Trantor: "I often stand like that when I want to see further"
[Wed May 16 21:22:25 2012] : Trantor: "Standing 24 feet up has its advantages"
[Wed May 16 21:22:39 2012] : Trantor: ooc 18 feet
[Wed May 16 21:22:57 2012] : Trantor: ooc int 8 = crap at maths ;-)
[Wed May 16 21:23:11 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Aeleva is a human. Normal size, normal build, brown hair, brown eyes, pretty common face. The only thing that might stand out after careful examination is the way she moves. Stealthy, supple, quick, she does not make much sound. Quite inconspicuous.
[Wed May 16 21:23:34 2012] : Waltham: Waltham is a tall, thin man; muscled but not heavy. He wears a wide-brimmed hat, and carries a long metal tube slung across his back. Two smaller guns sit in holsters on his belt.
[Wed May 16 21:23:56 2012] : Trantor: "Waltham, what are your tube devices?"
[Wed May 16 21:24:31 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Vaddyn is an average looking human, with a rather shiny chain shirt, a sword at one hip and a whip at the other.
[Wed May 16 21:24:37 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Finduilas is an elven woman, clad in half mail, wearing a sword and bow, no shield, sporting a holy symbol
[Wed May 16 21:24:54 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Aeleva carries a rapier at her side, but that's the only thing that distinguishes her from a commoner in this city.
[Wed May 16 21:25:01 2012] : Waltham: "They throw things. Loudly. I've not met another man with them."
[Wed May 16 21:25:12 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Half plate
[Wed May 16 21:25:22 2012] : Aeleva: ooc what check to see if I've come across those?
[Wed May 16 21:25:25 2012] : Trantor: Trantor is a medium height human, his most noticeable feature is his tendency to keep glancing about as if a little surprised
[Wed May 16 21:25:39 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc engineering?
[Wed May 16 21:25:47 2012] : Waltham: ooc I think so
[Wed May 16 21:26:00 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Aeleva carries studded leather which she conceals as well as she can under a traveller's cloak.
[Wed May 16 21:26:12 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn studies the metal tube
[Wed May 16 21:26:14 2012] : Vaddyn: Knowledge Engineering: [1d20(6) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 13
[Wed May 16 21:26:33 2012] : Aeleva: ooc does knowledge untrained work?
[Wed May 16 21:26:49 2012] : DM: It looks well made but you've never seen the like before.
[Wed May 16 21:27:04 2012] : Trantor: Trantor is dessed in a black dragonhide breastplate and dun suede tunic and pants, he has a scimitar at his side.
[Wed May 16 21:27:10 2012] : Trantor: ooc no Del
[Wed May 16 21:27:21 2012] : Waltham: knowledge untrained allows you to know DC10 stuff only
[Wed May 16 21:27:27 2012] : Trantor: ooc IIRC
[Wed May 16 21:27:34 2012] : ** DM mutters something about druids and scimitars. **
[Wed May 16 21:27:34 2012] : Finduilas: "They throw things? Can't you throw harder by hand? And what kind of things do they throw? Even bullets from a sling wouldn't fit in there"
[Wed May 16 21:27:39 2012] : Aeleva: ooc which I find ultimately stupid. Seriously.
[Wed May 16 21:27:58 2012] : Waltham: ooc which bit: about knowledge? or scimitars?
[Wed May 16 21:28:06 2012] : Aeleva: ooc knowledge :)
[Wed May 16 21:28:23 2012] : Waltham: "Wait until there's something worth hittin'. You'll see."
[Wed May 16 21:28:26 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Not getting higher than 10 on an untrained skill
[Wed May 16 21:28:27 2012] : Trantor: ooc Henry's answer makes sense. People in primitive cultures did not have access to a lot of detailed information. it required study
[Wed May 16 21:28:28 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc the druid/scimitar thing was always odd
[Wed May 16 21:28:38 2012] : Waltham: Waltham shrugs and grins.
[Wed May 16 21:29:08 2012] : Aeleva: ooc what're you Bert?
[Wed May 16 21:29:20 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc Bard
[Wed May 16 21:29:20 2012] : Trantor: ooc I agree about scimitars, but I'm not complaining ;-)
[Wed May 16 21:30:12 2012] : Aeleva: "Do you mind if I look at them?"
[Wed May 16 21:30:40 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva looks more closely at the tubes, trying to make out what metal they're made of and stuff.
[Wed May 16 21:30:56 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc I think the only way to get people to pick a scimitar as a weapon was to give them as 'special' weapons
[Wed May 16 21:30:56 2012] : Waltham: "Sure, but no touchin' right now - they're loaded."
[Wed May 16 21:31:02 2012] : Aeleva: Appraise: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19
[Wed May 16 21:31:04 2012] : Trantor: ooc don't fret too much DM, I intend to spend most fights as a deionychus ;-)
[Wed May 16 21:31:12 2012] : Trantor: ooc deinonychus
[Wed May 16 21:31:15 2012] : Finduilas: "Loaded? What does that mean?"
[Wed May 16 21:31:20 2012] : DM: ooc heh!
[Wed May 16 21:31:29 2012] : Aeleva: ooc about knowledge: untrained you can make checks which have a DC up to 10
[Wed May 16 21:31:33 2012] : Aeleva: ooc /me is reading up
[Wed May 16 21:31:50 2012] : Vaddyn: ooc deinonychus? Clever girl! ;)
[Wed May 16 21:31:52 2012] : Waltham: "You know crossbows? Like a crossbow with the string back. 'cept you can't see this one."
[Wed May 16 21:31:57 2012] : Trantor: ooc LOL
[Wed May 16 21:32:04 2012] : Aeleva: ooc ohhh, I guess with a disable device I could actually unload the guns ;)
[Wed May 16 21:32:28 2012] : Waltham: ooc yes, but you'd need Sleight-Of-Hand to get away with it :)
[Wed May 16 21:32:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "A loaded weapon on your back? Sound very dangerous"
[Wed May 16 21:32:37 2012] : Aeleva: "When we have more time, I'd like to study them"
[Wed May 16 21:32:56 2012] : Aeleva: ooc I might actually pass that one ;)
[Wed May 16 21:33:06 2012] : Waltham: "Bit less touchy than a crossbow. Mostly."
[Wed May 16 21:33:25 2012] : Finduilas: "But keeping a crossbow loaded is bad for the mechanism ..."
[Wed May 16 21:33:44 2012] : Waltham: "That's another way these are better."
[Wed May 16 21:33:48 2012] : Trantor: Trantor looks at the guns dubiously
[Wed May 16 21:34:01 2012] : Trantor: "They look a bit new-fangled"
[Wed May 16 21:34:23 2012] : Waltham: "They are that."
[Wed May 16 21:34:24 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas looks thoroughly confused
[Wed May 16 21:35:15 2012] : Waltham: "Prefer the swords and bows, do ya?"
[Wed May 16 21:35:31 2012] : Trantor: "Oh no"
[Wed May 16 21:35:33 2012] : Vaddyn: "Perhaps it'll make more sense when we see them in use"
[Wed May 16 21:35:54 2012] : Finduilas: "Those I can use, whereas I'm not even sure I'd trust myself to TOUCH your weapons"
[Wed May 16 21:36:13 2012] : Trantor: "I'm more of a chase you down, slash, bite and claw you hunter"
[Wed May 16 21:36:14 2012] : Aeleva: ooc did you even tell us the name of them?
[Wed May 16 21:36:27 2012] : Waltham: ooc "This is my boomstick."
[Wed May 16 21:36:40 2012] : Waltham: ooc I'm playing it as Waltham not having named them, as such.
[Wed May 16 21:36:51 2012] : Trantor: "A bit more old fashioned, following the old way"
[Wed May 16 21:36:59 2012] : Aeleva: "What are they called?"
[Wed May 16 21:37:16 2012] : Waltham: "Tubes. For want of anything better."
[Wed May 16 21:37:17 2012] : Vaddyn: "I always prefered to talk my way out of a fight"
[Wed May 16 21:37:24 2012] : Aeleva: "strange"
[Wed May 16 21:37:31 2012] : Aeleva: "Anywa, should we go to the wool guild?"
[Wed May 16 21:37:36 2012] : Finduilas: "Tubes? That sounds a bit lame"
[Wed May 16 21:37:43 2012] : Trantor: "Lame?"
[Wed May 16 21:37:58 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I thought we were talking while going over there
[Wed May 16 21:38:05 2012] : Vaddyn: "We have to come up with a new name for them. Something befitting an epic story"
[Wed May 16 21:38:08 2012] : Trantor: "How have they been lamed?"
[Wed May 16 21:38:31 2012] : Trantor: ooc I have an ointment that may help
[Wed May 16 21:38:43 2012] : Waltham: "Only epic I'm after right now ends with me in an inn, with a good beer."
[Wed May 16 21:38:51 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Oh, come on, surely we can use a word like lame :P
[Wed May 16 21:39:28 2012] : Vaddyn: "We've a beast to hunt down first"
[Wed May 16 21:39:35 2012] : DM: The guildhall is the largest building in te town except for the keep, an imposing structure with quality slates and finely carved stone window and door frame.
[Wed May 16 21:40:12 2012] : Vaddyn: "I think we can see what the guard meant about money"
[Wed May 16 21:40:41 2012] : Waltham: "No point admirin' it, though."
[Wed May 16 21:40:45 2012] : Finduilas: "Will you just compare that to the guardhouse!"
[Wed May 16 21:40:56 2012] : Waltham: Waltham marches up and knocks on the door.
[Wed May 16 21:40:58 2012] : DM: Outside are three guards, all in different livery and much shinier armour and weapons than the town guards.
[Wed May 16 21:41:19 2012] : DM: "Go on in."
[Wed May 16 21:41:42 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas follows Waltham
[Wed May 16 21:41:55 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn tips his hat to the guards as they pass
[Wed May 16 21:42:51 2012] : DM: "Inside is well appointed, wood panelling, finely carved wood for the staircases and shiny brass door knobs. Luxurious rugs adorn the floor.
[Wed May 16 21:43:06 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva follows and nods at the guards on her way
[Wed May 16 21:43:11 2012] : DM: An officious looking secretary looks up and sighs.
[Wed May 16 21:43:23 2012] : Finduilas: "Those guards aren't really there to guard, are they? Are they just decoration?"
[Wed May 16 21:43:36 2012] : DM: "More would be adventurers tramping mub through are fall, I suppose?"
[Wed May 16 21:43:57 2012] : Waltham: "No mud, not if I see it approaching."
[Wed May 16 21:44:02 2012] : Vincent: mud through the hall...
[Wed May 16 21:44:50 2012] : Vincent: "Guildmaster Seoman will see you in his office." He waves somewhat vaguely up the stairs.
[Wed May 16 21:45:17 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas shrugs and walks on
[Wed May 16 21:45:56 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn beams a winning smile at the secretary
[Wed May 16 21:46:45 2012] : DM: The wool carpetting on the stairs and the corridor quieten your footsteps and you hear raised voices from Seoman's office.
[Wed May 16 21:46:51 2012] : DM: Perception checks.
[Wed May 16 21:46:55 2012] : Waltham: ooc I wish you'd written that next week, so you'd know why I'm laughing.
[Wed May 16 21:46:59 2012] : Vaddyn: Perception: [1d20(7) + -1 + 1 + 3] = 10
[Wed May 16 21:47:14 2012] : Trantor: Perception: [1d20(19) + 9] = 28
[Wed May 16 21:47:18 2012] : Aeleva: Perception: [1d20(19) + 8] = 27
[Wed May 16 21:47:47 2012] : Waltham: Perception: [1d20(14) + 10] = 24
[Wed May 16 21:48:06 2012] : Finduilas: Perception: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed May 16 21:50:13 2012] : DM: The raised voices stop and the door opens and a woman stalks out.
[Wed May 16 21:50:30 2012] : Trantor: Trantor frowns
[Wed May 16 21:50:56 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn looks surprised
[Wed May 16 21:51:21 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas walks on
[Wed May 16 21:51:41 2012] : Waltham: Waltham ignores the commotion.
[Wed May 16 21:51:50 2012] : Seoman: "Are you here about the Beast?"
[Wed May 16 21:52:01 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva blends in the wall, not wanting to get noticed
[Wed May 16 21:52:01 2012] : Trantor: "Indeed"
[Wed May 16 21:52:04 2012] : Aeleva: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 12] = 29
[Wed May 16 21:52:19 2012] : Aeleva: ooc by the woman, that is
[Wed May 16 21:52:26 2012] : Seoman: ok
[Wed May 16 21:52:52 2012] : Waltham: "Yup."
[Wed May 16 21:52:55 2012] : Seoman: "There's a reward of 500 gold pieces if you bring its head."
[Wed May 16 21:53:31 2012] : Vaddyn: "What can you tell us about it?"
[Wed May 16 21:54:17 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas ignores any mention of a monetary reward
[Wed May 16 21:54:32 2012] : Seoman: "Some sort of savage creature attacking our flocks on the upper moors. No one has seen or heard it and it leaves no tracks."
[Wed May 16 21:54:36 2012] : Finduilas: "We need knowledge to defeat the creature"
[Wed May 16 21:55:32 2012] : Seoman: "You shall have to find that for yourself. Speak to the tenant shephard, they may have information."
[Wed May 16 21:55:53 2012] : Vaddyn: "And who is that?"
[Wed May 16 21:56:40 2012] : Trantor: "It leaves no tracks?"
[Wed May 16 21:56:53 2012] : Aeleva: "Yes, I was wondering about that too. Will it leave a head?"
[Wed May 16 21:57:23 2012] : Trantor: "Has someone with tracking skill said this, or is this just the word of the farmer?"
[Wed May 16 21:57:23 2012] : Seoman: "Or prove of its demise."
[Wed May 16 21:58:24 2012] : Finduilas: "Or you might just accept my word that we killed it"
[Wed May 16 21:58:47 2012] : Seoman: "Speak to Shepard... uh..." he flips through some papers. "... Huwne."
[Wed May 16 21:59:12 2012] : Seoman: "If we accepted people's word we wouldn't have a successful business now would we?"
[Wed May 16 21:59:16 2012] : Aeleva: "May I ask, why the reward, when the town already offers one?"
[Wed May 16 21:59:27 2012] : Vaddyn: "Where would we find this shepard?"
[Wed May 16 21:59:53 2012] : Finduilas: "You would not accept the word of a paladin of Sarenrae?"
[Wed May 16 22:00:17 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas sounds astonished
[Wed May 16 22:01:07 2012] : Seoman: "I only have your word that you're a paladin of Sarenrae. Do I take your word that your word is trustworthy?"
[Wed May 16 22:01:14 2012] : Seoman: "Cantrick Moor, I believe."
[Wed May 16 22:01:33 2012] : Finduilas: Finduilas shakes her head sadly
[Wed May 16 22:01:47 2012] : Finduilas: "What is the world coming to"
[Wed May 16 22:02:12 2012] : Seoman: (to Aeleva) "The sheep being slain are our property, so of course we offer a reward."
[Wed May 16 22:02:51 2012] : Vaddyn: "Then lets see what we can do?"
[Wed May 16 22:03:17 2012] : Aeleva: "I guess now is not the time to need a woolen cap, the market must be tense, if your sheep are disappearing"
[Wed May 16 22:03:18 2012] : Seoman: "The town guard offer a reward so they can look to be doing something useful instead of the waste of taxes they are."
[Wed May 16 22:03:39 2012] : Seoman: "Prices have been affected, yes."
[Wed May 16 22:04:40 2012] : Aeleva: "Well, I guess we really need to see this Hune...Huwe... no, Huwne person"
[Wed May 16 22:05:13 2012] : Seoman: "If you have no further questions, I have business matters to attend to."
[Wed May 16 22:05:21 2012] : Aeleva: "Sure. Sorry. We're on our way"
[Wed May 16 22:05:31 2012] : Waltham: ooc artificial shortages to drive up price... I really must RP myself one of these days ;-)
[Wed May 16 22:06:02 2012] : Trantor: ooc I was thinking that, but I'm too thick to say it ;-)
[Wed May 16 22:06:04 2012] : Waltham: "Nice meetin' you."
[Wed May 16 22:06:14 2012] : Waltham: ooc Waltham's not the economist either.
[Wed May 16 22:06:16 2012] : Aeleva: ooc huh? You've lost me
[Wed May 16 22:06:40 2012] : Finduilas: "We'll return when we've accomplished our mission"
[Wed May 16 22:07:01 2012] : Trantor: ooc no better way to drive up price on stock than to create a shortage of it
[Wed May 16 22:07:18 2012] : Aeleva: ooc that part I got, I didn't understan Henry's remark
[Wed May 16 22:07:23 2012] : Trantor: Trantor leaves
[Wed May 16 22:07:25 2012] : Aeleva: ooc ;)
[Wed May 16 22:07:36 2012] : Aeleva: Aeleva follows
[Wed May 16 22:07:36 2012] : Waltham: ooc I know that, but Waltham doesn't.
[Wed May 16 22:07:43 2012] : Finduilas: ooc Yeah, what does "RP" mean?
[Wed May 16 22:07:48 2012] : Trantor: ooc roleplay
[Wed May 16 22:08:20 2012] : Aeleva: ooc roleplay
[Wed May 16 22:08:27 2012] : Vaddyn: Vaddyn follows
[Wed May 16 22:08:30 2012] : Seoman: You head out of the guildhall into the street.
[Wed May 16 22:08:42 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I never realised Henry was an economist in RL, so I didn't understand that role play remark
[Wed May 16 22:08:45 2012] : Trantor: ooc so Henry can see machinations, but Waltham (and Trantor) cannot
[Wed May 16 22:08:57 2012] : Aeleva: ooc yeah, I got it ;)
[Wed May 16 22:09:09 2012] : Aeleva: ooc Aeleva is not the best economist either, but...
[Wed May 16 22:09:26 2012] : Waltham: ooc I'm only sort-of an economist: I've learned a lot about it since working for banks.
[Wed May 16 22:09:29 2012] : Aeleva: "I suggest we go to a quiet inn or something and devise some kind of a plan"
[Wed May 16 22:09:32 2012] : Finduilas: ooc I can balance my bank account, so I'm golden :P
[Wed May 16 22:09:37 2012] : Trantor: On leaving, Trantor speaks to the the others
[Wed May 16 22:09:39 2012] : Aeleva: "and get better acquainted"
[Wed May 16 22:09:42 2012] : Waltham: "Do we need a plan? We got a beast to hunt."
[Wed May 16 22:09:50 2012] : Trantor: "That argument before we went in..."
[Wed May 16 22:10:02 2012] : Finduilas: "Hunt it, kill it, tell everybody the danger is gone"
[Wed May 16 22:10:04 2012] : Vaddyn: "Argument?"
[Wed May 16 22:10:14 2012] : Finduilas: "Went in where?"
[Wed May 16 22:10:18 2012] : Trantor: "the raised voices"
[Wed May 16 22:10:20 2012] : Aeleva: "Yes, the argument between that woman and the guild master"
[Wed May 16 22:10:20 2012] : Waltham: "Those raised voices, in the guildhall."
[Wed May 16 22:10:29 2012] : Finduilas: "Raised voices?"
[Wed May 16 22:10:43 2012] : Vaddyn: "Oh the woman, yes?"
[Wed May 16 22:10:48 2012] : DM: Raised voice rather. Seoman's voice.
[Wed May 16 22:10:55 2012] : Trantor: "There was something about "the deal as agreed" and "the plan will continue""
[Wed May 16 22:11:12 2012] : Trantor: "I never caught the rest."
[Wed May 16 22:11:19 2012] : Trantor: "I wonder what it means"
[Wed May 16 22:11:22 2012] : Aeleva: "I heard that too. I did catch something else"
[Wed May 16 22:11:45 2012] : Waltham: "They're doin' something, and she's backin' out. Or tryin' to. See if she turns up dead."
[Wed May 16 22:11:51 2012] : Aeleva: ooc freaking copy des not work
[Wed May 16 22:11:57 2012] : Aeleva: ooc copy/paste :)
[Wed May 16 22:12:22 2012] : Trantor: ooc right click does, ctrl + c doesn't (or so it seemed to me)
[Wed May 16 22:12:31 2012] : Aeleva: "There was something along the lines of "others are beginning to suspect". And something about prices rising too fast. That was the woman talking"
[Wed May 16 22:12:36 2012] : Vaddyn: "So you suspect there is more than a simple beast at work here?"
[Wed May 16 22:12:44 2012] : DM: ooc it's a wxWidgets bug. I did spend time looking into it but couldn't fix it.
[Wed May 16 22:12:47 2012] : Aeleva: "Yes."
[Wed May 16 22:13:02 2012] : Finduilas: "They might have been talking about something else entirely"
[Wed May 16 22:13:07 2012] : DM: GAME END