Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Apr 25 19:46:49 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Apr 25 19:48:29 2012] : DM: You have recovered the artifact are the duel with Aklath's spirit. It's a tooth of a dire sperm whale carved in magical runes.
[Wed Apr 25 19:48:44 2012] : DM: I believe you decided to return to the boat?
[Wed Apr 25 19:48:49 2012] : DM: Who is holding the tooth?
[Wed Apr 25 19:49:41 2012] : Kava: ooc I can't remember
[Wed Apr 25 19:49:51 2012] : DM: Decide now then.
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:07 2012] : DM: ooc I need to know for later, it's not important now.
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:16 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai takes an extra move action
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:17 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai takes an extra move action
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:23 2012] : Mordecai: Bah
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:30 2012] : Filica: ooc Last one to get a good look at it was Mordecai, trying to decypher the runes. I say he has it.
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:36 2012] : DM: ok
[Wed Apr 25 19:50:39 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I'm the holy guy, so artefact to me?
[Wed Apr 25 19:52:06 2012] : Kava: ooc It's your responsibility now! :P
[Wed Apr 25 19:53:20 2012] : DM: You return to the cove where the Eliza's ship lies at anchor. She sends a rowboat to fetch you onboard.
[Wed Apr 25 19:54:17 2012] : Filica: "Good to see known faces"
[Wed Apr 25 19:54:26 2012] : Eliza: "Did you succeed? You were ashore for more than two days, I was starting to think something had happened."
[Wed Apr 25 19:54:43 2012] : Mordecai: "Lots of things happened, but we have recovered the artefact"
[Wed Apr 25 19:55:00 2012] : Mordecai: "After fighing the ghost of Aklath for it"
[Wed Apr 25 19:55:24 2012] : Eliza: "Gosh. That is why I'm a ship's captain and not an adventurer!"
[Wed Apr 25 19:55:29 2012] : Kava: "It's was hard, but we succeeded"
[Wed Apr 25 19:55:36 2012] : Eliza: "Do we sail out and find the beast now?"
[Wed Apr 25 19:55:57 2012] : Eliza: "I must say that I'm not looking forward to another encounter with the creature."
[Wed Apr 25 19:56:32 2012] : Filica: "Not that we particularly are"
[Wed Apr 25 19:56:39 2012] : Filica: Filica sighs
[Wed Apr 25 19:56:44 2012] : Filica: "But I guess it must be done"
[Wed Apr 25 19:57:13 2012] : Kava: "If we don't want a lot of people to die and for commerce to end, we need to"
[Wed Apr 25 19:57:39 2012] : Mordecai: "I would prefer to rest"
[Wed Apr 25 19:57:49 2012] : Mordecai: "Before we tackle any other beasts"
[Wed Apr 25 19:57:58 2012] : Filica: "And drink"
[Wed Apr 25 19:58:00 2012] : Mordecai: ooc 0 DPs, no APs
[Wed Apr 25 19:58:46 2012] : Eliza: "There are hammocks down below, we will sail when you are ready."
[Wed Apr 25 19:58:48 2012] : Mordecai: "I fear that the sea may swallow us all if we do not prepare before sailing"
[Wed Apr 25 19:59:19 2012] : Mordecai: "I need only 6 hours of rest to make right. "
[Wed Apr 25 19:59:45 2012] : Eliza: ooc [1d3(2)] = 2
[Wed Apr 25 19:59:51 2012] : Eliza: ooc [1d3(1)] = 1
[Wed Apr 25 20:00:01 2012] : Eliza: ooc [1d3(2)] = 2
[Wed Apr 25 20:02:29 2012] : DM: You rest, you sleep, you dream uneasily...
[Wed Apr 25 20:05:03 2012] : Filica: Filica wakes up rested, but still aching
[Wed Apr 25 20:05:06 2012] : DM: Mordecai, you feel rough wood planks beneath your feet, the smell of salt and sea weed in the air. You hear the snap of sails, the wind howling through the riggings, the roar of waves breaking.
[Wed Apr 25 20:05:16 2012] : Filica: ooc oh, sorry
[Wed Apr 25 20:05:16 2012] : DM: ooc not yet you don't, Filica.
[Wed Apr 25 20:06:27 2012] : DM: Rain drums down on the wooden deck of the ship pitching beneath you. Through the dark and the failing rain you see a tall, broad figure standing on the prow. The figure turns.
[Wed Apr 25 20:06:58 2012] : DM: It is Kava. She stretches out her arms, ready to cast a spell...
[Wed Apr 25 20:07:08 2012] : DM: Mordecai only, roll intiative.
[Wed Apr 25 20:07:18 2012] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 2] = 16
[Wed Apr 25 20:07:20 2012] : Mordecai: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21 - Battle Intuition
[Wed Apr 25 20:08:19 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I'm in a dream... Am I at full power?
[Wed Apr 25 20:08:27 2012] : DM: ooc Yes, full power.
[Wed Apr 25 20:08:57 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Apr 25 20:09:12 2012] : Mordecai: "Kava, what's going on?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:09:24 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai moves closer
[Wed Apr 25 20:09:38 2012] : Mordecai: Done?
[Wed Apr 25 20:09:40 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 20:11:19 2012] : Dream Kava: The dream image of Kava opens her toothy maw and breathes acid over you.
[Wed Apr 25 20:11:22 2012] : Dream Kava: Dragon Breath Acid (1): (EP; Minor) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(2) + 6] = 8, Damage: [1d6(5) + 3] = 8 HP. My Dragon Breath targets only enemies in the area; allies in area gain +1 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
[Wed Apr 25 20:11:40 2012] : Mordecai: Damage: Mordecai takes 8 damage. [Wed Apr 25 20:11:52 2012] : Dream Kava: Then she dtrikes you with her staff.
[Wed Apr 25 20:11:53 2012] : Mordecai: ooc oops
[Wed Apr 25 20:11:57 2012] : Dream Kava: ooc that misses.
[Wed Apr 25 20:11:58 2012] : Dream Kava: Teleport Bash (1): (EP) To hit vs. Fortitude. Melee 1 [1d20(8) + 5] = 13, Damage: [1d8(5) + 11] = 16 HP. Target teleports [1d6(1)] = 1 squares away from its original location. After the teleport, all creatures adjacent to the target take 5 thunder damage.
[Wed Apr 25 20:12:10 2012] : Dream Kava: But misses.
[Wed Apr 25 20:12:11 2012] : Mordecai: Healing: Regain 8 HP. [Wed Apr 25 20:12:17 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Apr 25 20:12:26 2012] : Mordecai: "What the hell?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:13:18 2012] : Mordecai: Religion: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22
[Wed Apr 25 20:13:41 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai tries to see if this is some kind of ghost or something
[Wed Apr 25 20:14:43 2012] : DM: In the dream, the figure resembling Kava in every detail seems real and solid.
[Wed Apr 25 20:15:02 2012] : Mordecai: Kava, why are you doing this?
[Wed Apr 25 20:15:11 2012] : Mordecai: "Kava, why are you doing this?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:15:17 2012] : Dream Kava: She does not answer
[Wed Apr 25 20:15:30 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai steps forwards and attmpts to touch her
[Wed Apr 25 20:15:46 2012] : Dream Kava: OA
[Wed Apr 25 20:16:04 2012] : Dream Kava: Melee Basic Attack - Staff of Fiery Might: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18, Damage: [1d10(10) + 5] = 15 HP
[Wed Apr 25 20:16:43 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai grabs at her arm
[Wed Apr 25 20:17:00 2012] : Mordecai: ooc not sure how to though!
[Wed Apr 25 20:17:43 2012] : Dream Kava: ooc grapple. str attack
[Wed Apr 25 20:17:53 2012] : Dream Kava: ooc grab p 290
[Wed Apr 25 20:17:53 2012] : Mordecai: Strength: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Apr 25 20:18:14 2012] : Dream Kava: You grab Kava's arm...
[Wed Apr 25 20:18:27 2012] : Mordecai: ooc she beats me hands down on strength
[Wed Apr 25 20:18:43 2012] : Kava: ooc Without even breaking a sweat
[Wed Apr 25 20:19:37 2012] : DM: ... you awake, the dream still fresh in its mind. What did it mean? Why did it happen?
[Wed Apr 25 20:19:53 2012] : Mordecai: ooc phew!
[Wed Apr 25 20:20:38 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai wakes with a gasp, covered in cold sweat
[Wed Apr 25 20:20:42 2012] : Mordecai: "What on earth was that all about"
[Wed Apr 25 20:20:44 2012] : DM: Kava dreams, stone flags are cold beneath your feet, dripping water echoes around the dark corridor stretching out in front of you.
[Wed Apr 25 20:20:48 2012] : Mordecai: "Kava, are you OK?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:21:05 2012] : DM: ooc hold on a bit, everyone else is dreaming too.
[Wed Apr 25 20:21:18 2012] : Mordecai: ooc OK :-)
[Wed Apr 25 20:21:47 2012] : Kava: Kava looks around her, wondering where she is
[Wed Apr 25 20:21:49 2012] : DM: The smell of mold and damp is heavy in the air.
[Wed Apr 25 20:22:16 2012] : DM: You hear soft footsteps behind you, running close, Do you turn? Or do you run?
[Wed Apr 25 20:22:52 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 20:23:08 2012] : Kava: Kava turns around
[Wed Apr 25 20:24:23 2012] : DM: Filica bounds towards you arrow notched, ready to fire. She stop and raises her bow, light flashing off the arrow tip as she aims towards your heart.
[Wed Apr 25 20:24:28 2012] : DM: Kava, initiative
[Wed Apr 25 20:24:32 2012] : DM: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 4 + 2] = 7
[Wed Apr 25 20:24:43 2012] : Kava: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 2] = 8
[Wed Apr 25 20:24:48 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 25 20:25:09 2012] : Kava: "Filica: what are you doing?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:25:27 2012] : Filica: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 25 20:25:27 2012] : Dream Filica: She does not answer.
[Wed Apr 25 20:25:33 2012] : Dream Filica: Kava, your turn.
[Wed Apr 25 20:25:44 2012] : Kava: Kava raises her staff as she looks at Filica, shocked
[Wed Apr 25 20:26:31 2012] : DM: ooc and? or done?
[Wed Apr 25 20:26:49 2012] : Kava: ooc Just looking for our map :)
[Wed Apr 25 20:26:52 2012] : Kava: Sorcerous Sirocco (1): (EP) Close burst 10. Target: Me and one ally in burst. Effect: Each target moves a number of squares equal to his or her speed + 2. Each target can fly during this movement but falls if he or she does not land by the end of the movement.
[Wed Apr 25 20:27:07 2012] : Kava: ooc Ah, no, too far away
[Wed Apr 25 20:27:24 2012] : Kava: Kava runs to Filica
[Wed Apr 25 20:27:36 2012] : Kava: "Stop this"
[Wed Apr 25 20:27:45 2012] : Filica: ooc back
[Wed Apr 25 20:28:44 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 20:29:20 2012] : Dream Filica: Filica dances back and shoots.
[Wed Apr 25 20:29:25 2012] : Dream Filica: Evasive strike (lightning bow): (EP) You can shift 6 sq. (wis+Swift Footwork) either before or after the attack
Attack: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(2) + 5] = 7
Add [1d8(7)] = 7 damage if target is quarry.

[Wed Apr 25 20:30:31 2012] : Dream Filica: ooc Filica, you got any funky powers for re-rolling?
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:00 2012] : Filica: ooc if someone hits only
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:07 2012] : Filica: ooc second chance
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:15 2012] : Dream Filica: Filica's arrow misses.
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:16 2012] : Filica: ooc in daily powers I think
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:22 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:33 2012] : Filica: ooc no, encounter
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:44 2012] : Kava: Kava moves and grabs Filica, to stop her from firing again
[Wed Apr 25 20:31:54 2012] : Kava: "Stop this"
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:03 2012] : Kava: strength: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:03 2012] : Kava: strength: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:18 2012] : Kava: ooc Oop
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:25 2012] : Kava: ooc Oops even
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:25 2012] : DM: Dream Filica eludes your grasp.
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:28 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:52 2012] : Dream Filica: She shifts back and shoots again.
[Wed Apr 25 20:32:59 2012] : Dream Filica: Fading Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) Attack:[1d20(11) + 5] = 16 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(4) + 5] = 9 - and you shift 2 squares to a square that is not adjacent to the target.
Add [1d8(7)] = 7 damage if target is quarry.
Free action: Decide that all damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage.

[Wed Apr 25 20:33:24 2012] : Dream Filica: The arrow pierces your shoulder...
[Wed Apr 25 20:33:31 2012] : DM: ...you awake.
[Wed Apr 25 20:33:34 2012] : Kava: "Ouch"
[Wed Apr 25 20:33:49 2012] : Kava: "What?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:33:55 2012] : DM: Filica dreams...
[Wed Apr 25 20:35:18 2012] : DM: Someone jostles you, people, faceless anonymous in the crowd press around you, the shouts and voices and street hawkers, trademen and the clanging of temple bells ring in your ears.
[Wed Apr 25 20:35:48 2012] : DM: The stink of the city fills your nostrils.
[Wed Apr 25 20:36:11 2012] : Filica: Filica stirs in her sleep, nose wrinkled at the smell
[Wed Apr 25 20:36:43 2012] : DM: The crowd parts and you see an armoured man holding something aloft, his back to you. He turns.
[Wed Apr 25 20:37:34 2012] : DM: It is Mordecai holding the ancient tooth. He looks at you.
[Wed Apr 25 20:37:55 2012] : Dream Mordecai: "Do you know the words?" he asks.
[Wed Apr 25 20:38:03 2012] : Filica: "The words?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:38:06 2012] : Filica: "What words?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:38:36 2012] : Dream Mordecai: "The symbol is no use without the words. Do you know the words?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:38:59 2012] : Filica: "No I don't know the words, of course I don't know the words. If you couldn't read them, how would I be able to?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:39:39 2012] : Mordecai: ooc good answer ;-)
[Wed Apr 25 20:39:47 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 25 20:40:02 2012] : Filica: ooc lol :)
[Wed Apr 25 20:40:48 2012] : Dream Mordecai: Dream Mordecai seems disoriented and puzzled for a moment, brow furrowing. "I know the words, who do you think I am?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:41:53 2012] : Filica: "I...I... " Filica stutters, not understanding Mordecai's wrath
[Wed Apr 25 20:42:27 2012] : Filica: ""Well..I guess, if you know the words, then everything is fine, isn't it? Or should I know the words too?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:42:33 2012] : Filica: "Will you teach them to me?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:42:56 2012] : Dream Mordecai: "The words cannot be taught, you must take them. Will you take them from me?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:17 2012] : Dream Mordecai: He puts the tooth into a pocket and readies his mace.
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:26 2012] : Filica: "Am I strong enough? I will if you tell me I can"
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:36 2012] : Dream Mordecai: Roll initiative.
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:36 2012] : Filica: "Wait! What are you doing?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:41 2012] : Filica: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 4 + 2] = 9
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:46 2012] : Filica: Begin the Hunt Initiative: [1d20(19) + 4 + 2 + 2] = 27
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:54 2012] : Dream Mordecai: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26 - Battle Intuition
[Wed Apr 25 20:43:57 2012] : Filica: ooc can I take the second one? :P
[Wed Apr 25 20:44:35 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 20:44:58 2012] : Filica: Filica tries to disarm Mordecai with her foot, slashing it in front of her towards the mace
[Wed Apr 25 20:45:00 2012] : Filica: Acrobatics: [1d20(17) + 4 + 2 + 2] = 25
[Wed Apr 25 20:45:07 2012] : Filica: ooc strength?
[Wed Apr 25 20:45:14 2012] : Filica: ooc or somethin'
[Wed Apr 25 20:45:16 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 25 20:45:21 2012] : Filica: Strength: [1d20(13) + 2 + 2] = 17
[Wed Apr 25 20:45:47 2012] : Filica: ooc I do one of those salto things that look really cool :D
[Wed Apr 25 20:46:03 2012] : DM: You leap and kick the mace out of Dream Mordecai's hand...
[Wed Apr 25 20:46:15 2012] : Filica: "Stop this!"
[Wed Apr 25 20:46:21 2012] : Filica: "We're in this together!"
[Wed Apr 25 20:47:06 2012] : DM: ... you wake, an arcane chant echoing in your mind, 7 words of power, of binding.
[Wed Apr 25 20:47:18 2012] : Filica: "What?!"
[Wed Apr 25 20:47:20 2012] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:17 2012] : Mordecai: "What on earth was that all about"
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:22 2012] : Mordecai: "Kava, are you OK?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:30 2012] : Kava: "I'm not sure"
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:40 2012] : Filica: ooc DM, I remember the words, right?
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:42 2012] : Kava: Kava checks herself for arrow wounds
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:45 2012] : Mordecai: "I dreamed you were attacking me"
[Wed Apr 25 20:48:52 2012] : DM: ooc back
[Wed Apr 25 20:49:02 2012] : Kava: "I dreamed I was shot by Filica"
[Wed Apr 25 20:49:33 2012] : Filica: "Oh!"
[Wed Apr 25 20:49:38 2012] : Filica: "Mordecai was getting at me"
[Wed Apr 25 20:49:53 2012] : Kava: "Weird"
[Wed Apr 25 20:50:08 2012] : Kava: "Did I hurt oyu, Mordecai?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:50:44 2012] : Mordecai: "For some reason, you did not have your usual accuracy"
[Wed Apr 25 20:51:10 2012] : DM: ooc Filica, yes you know the words.
[Wed Apr 25 20:51:18 2012] : Mordecai: "You were actually shot? Are you harmed?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:51:34 2012] : DM: No one is harmed.
[Wed Apr 25 20:52:11 2012] : Filica: "I managed to disarm you Mordecai, you reached for your mace, which was a bit unusual"
[Wed Apr 25 20:52:23 2012] : Kava: "I seem to be fine, but it did really hurt for a moment"
[Wed Apr 25 20:53:54 2012] : Mordecai: "Indeed"
[Wed Apr 25 20:54:16 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I do normally have it in hand during a fight, I just never use it
[Wed Apr 25 20:54:26 2012] : Mordecai: ooc ;-)
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:01 2012] : Filica: ooc lol
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:04 2012] : Mordecai: "Amaunator's powers mostly flow from his holy symbol"
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:15 2012] : Filica: ooc gotta go get the laundry, give me 4 minutes or something. brb
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:17 2012] : Kava: "I've never had dreams like this one before. What could it mean?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:33 2012] : Filica: ooc or not, Arne just got it.
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:38 2012] : Mordecai: "I'm not sure"
[Wed Apr 25 20:55:43 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 25 20:56:02 2012] : DM: You recall Aklath mentioning challenges both mental and physical.
[Wed Apr 25 20:56:25 2012] : Filica: "I have these words dancing in my head"
[Wed Apr 25 20:56:32 2012] : Filica: "Magic words of sorts"
[Wed Apr 25 20:56:38 2012] : Filica: "You put them there Mordecai"
[Wed Apr 25 20:57:44 2012] : Kava: "What words?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:58:13 2012] : Kava: Kava is astonished at what she hears Filica say
[Wed Apr 25 20:58:21 2012] : Filica: "7 words"
[Wed Apr 25 20:58:38 2012] : Mordecai: "I did?"
[Wed Apr 25 20:58:39 2012] : Filica: "I'm not sure I should say them now, just thinking them feels too powerful"
[Wed Apr 25 20:58:42 2012] : Filica: "You did"
[Wed Apr 25 20:59:07 2012] : Mordecai: ooc now you've got me thinking of Bedknobs and Broomsticks
[Wed Apr 25 20:59:26 2012] : Kava: ooc What reminds you of that movie/book?
[Wed Apr 25 21:00:19 2012] : Mordecai: ooc the secret words needed "Traguna Mercoides Tracorum Satis Dee"
[Wed Apr 25 21:00:55 2012] : Kava: ooc It's way too long since I last saw that movie, it doesn't say anything to me
[Wed Apr 25 21:01:05 2012] : Mordecai: "Well, maybe we need them when we want to use the artefact?"
[Wed Apr 25 21:01:08 2012] : Filica: ooc there were 7 of them :P
[Wed Apr 25 21:01:13 2012] : Mordecai: ooc :-P
[Wed Apr 25 21:01:24 2012] : Filica: ooc ah, sorry, you're talking about the brromsticks thing
[Wed Apr 25 21:01:51 2012] : Filica: "I guess we do. Although it's strage to see you guessing, when you were the one telling me I should know the words"
[Wed Apr 25 21:03:05 2012] : Kava: "In a dream, so probably not Mordecai himself"
[Wed Apr 25 21:03:24 2012] : Kava: "Might you have met Aklath?"
[Wed Apr 25 21:03:50 2012] : Mordecai: ooc Traguna Mercoides Tracorum Satis Dee
[Wed Apr 25 21:04:23 2012] : Filica: "Who knows"
[Wed Apr 25 21:04:33 2012] : Filica: "Well, gist of all this is, I know the words"
[Wed Apr 25 21:04:40 2012] : Filica: "I don't like it one bit, but I do"
[Wed Apr 25 21:04:54 2012] : Mordecai: ooc Quite D&D as a concept
[Wed Apr 25 21:05:37 2012] : Kava: ooc And all in all a very nice movie
[Wed Apr 25 21:05:41 2012] : Mordecai: only D&D has fewer nazis
[Wed Apr 25 21:06:15 2012] : Mordecai: ooc sorry - on with the game :-/
[Wed Apr 25 21:06:19 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 25 21:07:21 2012] : Kava: "I'm sorry to say it, Filica, but I'm afraid you'll have to keep repeating those words in your mind, so we can use them when we need to"
[Wed Apr 25 21:08:04 2012] : Eliza: Suddenly you hear the lookout shout. "Alarm! Kraken of the starboard bow!"
[Wed Apr 25 21:08:21 2012] : Kava: "Like right away"
[Wed Apr 25 21:08:43 2012] : Kava: Kava runs to starboard and looks out over the sea
[Wed Apr 25 21:08:57 2012] : Kava: Perception: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Wed Apr 25 21:09:01 2012] : Mordecai: "OK, I think this is our cue"
[Wed Apr 25 21:09:25 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai goes on deck
[Wed Apr 25 21:10:12 2012] : DM: You see the Kraken's massive mottled, green black body sliding beneath the waves as it swims closer to the ship. Bravely, Eliza and the ships crew steer the ship towards it.
[Wed Apr 25 21:10:20 2012] : Kava: ooc I forgot we were below deck
[Wed Apr 25 21:10:30 2012] : Eliza: "I hope you know what you're doing!"
[Wed Apr 25 21:10:36 2012] : Filica: Filica follows
[Wed Apr 25 21:10:40 2012] : Filica: "I hope so too!"
[Wed Apr 25 21:11:13 2012] : Mordecai: MOrdecai brandishes the whale tooth
[Wed Apr 25 21:12:02 2012] : Filica: Filica looks at Mordecai, and stregthened by his courage, speaks out the words
[Wed Apr 25 21:12:35 2012] : Eliza: The kraken surfaces 50 ft away, three massive tentacles as thick as small trees loaming above you.
[Wed Apr 25 21:12:41 2012] : DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Apr 25 21:12:57 2012] : Kava: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Apr 25 21:13:03 2012] : Mordecai: ooc eek 5x5 = colossal
[Wed Apr 25 21:13:08 2012] : Mordecai: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26 - Battle Intuition
[Wed Apr 25 21:13:24 2012] : Filica: Begin the Hunt Initiative: [1d20(19) + 4 + 2 + 2] = 27
[Wed Apr 25 21:13:53 2012] : DM: [1d20(18) + 13] = 31
[Wed Apr 25 21:14:18 2012] : Kava: ooc 31? +13? Wow!
[Wed Apr 25 21:15:18 2012] : Kraken: The beast swims closer and lashes with a tentacle at Kava.
[Wed Apr 25 21:15:23 2012] : Kraken: [1d20(14) + 15] = 29
[Wed Apr 25 21:15:57 2012] : Kraken: She is swept up into the air.
[Wed Apr 25 21:16:06 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 21:16:25 2012] : DM: ooc also [2d8(4,6) + 5] = 15 damage to Kava.
[Wed Apr 25 21:16:35 2012] : Kava: "Gods help us"
[Wed Apr 25 21:16:50 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 15 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:17:26 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 21:17:41 2012] : Filica: ooc yes, I'm looking for a word. give me a sec
[Wed Apr 25 21:18:31 2012] : Filica: Filica continues her litany and while aiming the Kraken with her bow, utters the words over and over again, everytime louder and clearer
[Wed Apr 25 21:18:39 2012] : Filica: Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 1: [1d20(7) + 2 + 5] = 14 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(5) + 5] = 10
Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 2: [1d20(6) + 2 + 5] = 13 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(8) + 5] = 13
If target is quarry (nearest enemy) add [1d8(1)] = 1 damage to one attack.
Free Action: Decide all damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage.

[Wed Apr 25 21:18:45 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 21:19:10 2012] : Filica: ooc what are T, U and V?
[Wed Apr 25 21:19:11 2012] : DM: You feel the magic building, almost taste it on the salty spray.
[Wed Apr 25 21:19:27 2012] : DM: The Kraken recoils, dropping Kava onto the deck. [1d6(5)] = 5 fall damage
[Wed Apr 25 21:19:42 2012] : DM: ooc T, U and V show where its tentacles are.
[Wed Apr 25 21:19:50 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 5 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:20:03 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Apr 25 21:20:35 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai adjusts his grip, and combines his holy symbol with the artefact, hoping it may increase the power
[Wed Apr 25 21:20:53 2012] : Mordecai: Light of Arvandor: (EP). Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(8) + 7] = 15 (Area burst 1, range 5). Hit: [1d8(3) + 5] = 8 radiant damage.
Allies in burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC until my next turn

[Wed Apr 25 21:20:57 2012] : Mordecai: Light of Arvandor: (EP). Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(7) + 7] = 14. Hit: [1d8(2) + 5] = 7 radiant damage.
[Wed Apr 25 21:20:59 2012] : Mordecai: Light of Arvandor: (EP). Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(11) + 7] = 18. Hit: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 radiant damage.
[Wed Apr 25 21:21:28 2012] : Mordecai: ooc on u, v and K
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:13 2012] : DM: The tooth hums and crackles with increased power and you blast the Kraken, it recoils from the blast but appears unharmed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:21 2012] : Mordecai: Power of Amaunator: (EP; Free; Channel Divinity). Trigger: I hit an enemy with a power with the Radiant keyword Effect: Add an extra [1d10(7)] = 7 radiant damage to all targets hit by the power.
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:32 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:33 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:52 2012] : Mordecai: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:55 2012] : Kava: Kava attacks the kraken with all her might
[Wed Apr 25 21:22:58 2012] : Kava: Staff of Fiery Might (1) - Next arcane deals extra necrotic damage: (DP) Kava changes the damage type by the next arcane power she uses to necrotic and adds [1d6(1)] = 1 to the damage dealt by that power (if any).
[Wed Apr 25 21:23:00 2012] : Kava: Serpentine Blast (1): (DP) To hit vs. Reflex. Ranged 10. [1d20(13) + 7] = 20, Damage: [3d10(3,7,6) + 9] = 25 HP Lightning damage. Miss: Half damage. The attack ignores cover and concealment, but not superior cover or total concealment.
[Wed Apr 25 21:23:13 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 21:23:49 2012] : DM: Kava's spell, scorches the Kraken's tough skin.
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:10 2012] : Kraken: The kraken lashes out with three tentacles at each of you.
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:19 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(2) + 15] = 17 vs AC; [2d8(2,1) + 5] = 8 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:20 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(2) + 15] = 17 vs AC; [2d8(3,7) + 5] = 15 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:21 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(14) + 15] = 29 vs AC; [2d8(6,2) + 5] = 13 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:22 2012] : Kava: Kava joins Filica in her chant
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:38 2012] : Kraken: Filica: 8 damage.
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:38 2012] : Mordecai: ooc back
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:48 2012] : Kraken: Mordecai, missed!
[Wed Apr 25 21:24:55 2012] : Kraken: Kava, 13 damage.
[Wed Apr 25 21:25:09 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 13 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:25:21 2012] : Kraken: Kava tries to copy the words but they do not sound right.
[Wed Apr 25 21:25:42 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 21:26:28 2012] : DM: You are grabbed by a tentacle.
[Wed Apr 25 21:28:11 2012] : Filica: Filica continues chanting, trying to keep her breath, and tries to wiggle out
[Wed Apr 25 21:28:26 2012] : Filica: ooc how do I get out?
[Wed Apr 25 21:29:09 2012] : Filica: ooc skill? Other?
[Wed Apr 25 21:29:14 2012] : DM: Energy crackles and sparks from the tooth, the Kraken shudders, it's tentacles thrashing and it drops you onto the deck.
[Wed Apr 25 21:29:25 2012] : DM: [1d6(2)] = 2 damage to Filica, [1d6(3)] = 3 to Kava.
[Wed Apr 25 21:29:46 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 3 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:30:00 2012] : Filica: HP & surge status: Healing Surges: 6 out of 7 || HP: 35 out of 45 + 0 temp HP
[Wed Apr 25 21:30:34 2012] : Filica: ooc can I still do anything?
[Wed Apr 25 21:30:40 2012] : DM: ooc yes, one action
[Wed Apr 25 21:31:15 2012] : Filica: Filica aims and tries to hit the Kraken between the eyes (or wherever it might hurt)
[Wed Apr 25 21:31:23 2012] : Filica: Filica aims and tries to hit the Kraken between the eyes (or wherever it might hurt)
[Wed Apr 25 21:31:47 2012] : Filica: Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 1: [1d20(14) + 2 + 5] = 21 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(8) + 5] = 13
Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 2: [1d20(7) + 2 + 5] = 14 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11
If target is quarry (nearest enemy) add [1d8(7)] = 7 damage to one attack.
Free Action: Decide all damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage.

[Wed Apr 25 21:31:52 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:07 2012] : DM: Your arrows ping off the tough hide.
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:14 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:15 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai cointinues to hold the tooth, and chants an incantation
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:19 2012] : Mordecai: Beacon of Hope: (DP) Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(8) + 7] = 15 (Close burst 3)
Hit: Targets are weakened until the end of their next turn
Effect: Mordecai and all allies in burst regain 9 HP.

[Wed Apr 25 21:32:29 2012] : Mordecai: Beacon of Hope: (DP) Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(15) + 7] = 22 (Close burst 3) - Hit: Targets are weakened until the end of their next turn
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:30 2012] : Mordecai: Beacon of Hope: (DP) Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(13) + 7] = 20 (Close burst 3) - Hit: Targets are weakened until the end of their next turn
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:31 2012] : Mordecai: Beacon of Hope: (DP) Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(10) + 7] = 17 (Close burst 3) - Hit: Targets are weakened until the end of their next turn
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:51 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai then points his holy symbol at Kava afterwards
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:54 2012] : Mordecai: Healing Word: (EP; Minor; Range 5). Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6(5) + 9] = 14 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 25 21:32:59 2012] : DM: One of the tentacles droops.
[Wed Apr 25 21:33:23 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 21:33:46 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 21:33:49 2012] : Kava: Magical Healing: Regain 26 HP. [Wed Apr 25 21:34:06 2012] : Mordecai: ooc +9
[Wed Apr 25 21:34:21 2012] : Kava: Kava stops chanting and concentrates on her attacks
[Wed Apr 25 21:34:31 2012] : Kava: Dragon Breath Acid (1): (EP; Minor) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(2) + 7] = 9, Damage: [1d6(2) + 3] = 5 HP. My Dragon Breath targets only enemies in the area; allies in area gain +1 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
[Wed Apr 25 21:34:33 2012] : Kava: Dragon Breath extra attack: (EP) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(12) + 7] = 19.
[Wed Apr 25 21:34:38 2012] : Kava: Lightning Breath (1): (DP) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(15) + 8] = 23, Damage: [3d8(1,5,8) + 9] = 23 HP, plus 5 HP Lightning damage (Dragon Magic). Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until the end of my next turn, whenever an enemy hits me with a melee attack, I push that enemy 1 square. Sustain Minor: The effect persists.
[Wed Apr 25 21:34:39 2012] : Kava: Lightning Breath extra attack: (DP) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(11) + 8] = 19.
[Wed Apr 25 21:34:44 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 21:35:00 2012] : DM: Your lightning scorchings the kraken again.
[Wed Apr 25 21:35:25 2012] : Kava: Healing: Regain 9 HP. [Wed Apr 25 21:35:28 2012] : Kraken: Again the tentacles lash out.
[Wed Apr 25 21:35:33 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(3) + 15] = 18 vs AC; [2d8(1,3) + 5] = 9 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:35:34 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(8) + 15] = 23 vs AC; [2d8(4,8) + 5] = 17 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:35:35 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(12) + 15] = 27 vs AC; [2d8(4,4) + 5] = 13 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 21:35:49 2012] : Kava: ooc What happened to T?
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:05 2012] : Kraken: Filica, 9 damage.
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:16 2012] : Kraken: Mordecai, 17 damage
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:23 2012] : Mordecai: "Argh"
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:24 2012] : Kraken: Kava, 6 damage.
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:32 2012] : Kraken: Mordecai, make a dex check.
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:40 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 6 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:36:41 2012] : Mordecai: Dexterity: [1d20(6) + 2] = 8
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:47 2012] : Mordecai: ooc urk
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:49 2012] : Filica: HP & surge status: Healing Surges: 6 out of 7 || HP: 26 out of 45 + 0 temp HP
[Wed Apr 25 21:36:56 2012] : Mordecai: Damage: Mordecai takes 17 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:37:39 2012] : Kraken: As you are swept into the air by the tentacle the tooth slips from your grasp and falls into the deck, bouncing along for a a few feet.
[Wed Apr 25 21:37:40 2012] : Mordecai: ooc Filica is on 35 HP
[Wed Apr 25 21:37:58 2012] : Kraken: ooc A is the artifact.
[Wed Apr 25 21:38:01 2012] : Filica: ooc sorry, missed the healing
[Wed Apr 25 21:38:07 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 21:39:47 2012] : Filica: Filica aims her bow and hopes to do anything good. Her chant does not falter.
[Wed Apr 25 21:39:50 2012] : Filica: Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 1: [1d20(13) + 2 + 5] = 20 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(3) + 5] = 8
Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 2: [1d20(20) + 2 + 5] = 27 vs AC - Critical hit: [8 + 5] = 13 HP + [1d6(3)] = 3 lightning damage
If target is quarry (nearest enemy) add [1d8(3)] = 3 damage to one attack.
Free Action: Decide all damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage.

[Wed Apr 25 21:40:05 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 21:40:40 2012] : DM: Your words sustain the crackling magic but it grows no stronger.
[Wed Apr 25 21:41:30 2012] : DM: A arrow lodges into the Kraken's beaked maw, blood spills into the water.
[Wed Apr 25 21:42:00 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Apr 25 21:42:35 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai prays for divine assistance as he dangles
[Wed Apr 25 21:42:40 2012] : Mordecai: Spiritual Weapon: (DP). Wisdom vs. AC [1d20(13) + 7] = 20 (range 10). Hit: [1d10(5) + 5] = 10 radiant damage.
Effect: Spiritual holy symbol occupies enemies space and grants combat advantage.

[Wed Apr 25 21:43:16 2012] : Mordecai: ooc on V
[Wed Apr 25 21:43:24 2012] : DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 25 21:43:24 2012] : Mordecai: ooc or whichever has me
[Wed Apr 25 21:43:34 2012] : Mordecai: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: (EP; No action; Racial Power). Trigger: I dislike the result of an attack roll, skill check ability check or saving throw. Effect: Add [1d6(5)] = 5 to the triggering roll.
[Wed Apr 25 21:43:45 2012] : DM: Hit
[Wed Apr 25 21:44:08 2012] : Mordecai: ooc still dangling?
[Wed Apr 25 21:44:12 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 25 21:44:30 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai attempts to escape
[Wed Apr 25 21:44:57 2012] : Mordecai: oo c??
[Wed Apr 25 21:45:10 2012] : DM: ooc athletics or acrobatics
[Wed Apr 25 21:45:25 2012] : Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(11) + 2] = 13
[Wed Apr 25 21:45:30 2012] : DM: Nope.
[Wed Apr 25 21:45:32 2012] : Mordecai: ooc both piss poor
[Wed Apr 25 21:45:39 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 21:45:44 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 21:46:09 2012] : Kava: Kava attacks before stepping back to retrieve the tooth
[Wed Apr 25 21:46:12 2012] : Kava: Tempest Breath (1): (EP) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(10) + 7] = 17, Damage: [2d6(6,3) + 9] = 18 HP. Dragon Magic: I gain concealment until the end of my next turn.
[Wed Apr 25 21:46:13 2012] : Kava: Tempest Breath extra attack: (EP) To hit vs. Reflex. Close blast 3. [1d20(16) + 7] = 23.
[Wed Apr 25 21:46:25 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 21:46:25 2012] : DM: Hit one.
[Wed Apr 25 21:47:11 2012] : DM: You're grabbed so you can't move.
[Wed Apr 25 21:47:48 2012] : Kava: ooc I didn't notice that *shrug*
[Wed Apr 25 21:47:54 2012] : DM: ooc [1d3(2)] = 2
[Wed Apr 25 21:48:30 2012] : DM: The kraken drops Filica ([1d6(2)] = 2 damage) and the tentacle reaches ineffectually for the artifact.
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:05 2012] : Mordecai: "Grab it. I think it needs to be held to increase in power"
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:09 2012] : DM: It squeezes Kava and Mordecai for 5 damage each and draws them closer its its fearsome beaked mouth.
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:26 2012] : Mordecai: Damage: Mordecai takes 5 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:49:34 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:37 2012] : Filica: Filica decides to go for the artifact, and snatches it from Mordecai's hands
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:39 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 5 damage. [Wed Apr 25 21:49:45 2012] : DM: ooc off the deck.
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:56 2012] : Filica: ooc sorry
[Wed Apr 25 21:49:59 2012] : Filica: ooc off the deck :)
[Wed Apr 25 21:50:21 2012] : Filica: Filica continues chanting as loud as she can, the words burning her brains
[Wed Apr 25 21:51:19 2012] : DM: Blue and white sparks leap from the tooth, crackling over the ships railings and riggings, the kraken screetches and trashes about, flinging Kava and Mordecai into the air.
[Wed Apr 25 21:51:32 2012] : DM: Kava and Mordecai tumble into the water.
[Wed Apr 25 21:51:45 2012] : DM: Athletics checks from both.
[Wed Apr 25 21:51:50 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(15) + 11] = 26
[Wed Apr 25 21:51:55 2012] : Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Apr 25 21:52:59 2012] : DM: Kava turns in the air and plunges into the water in a dive, surfacing moments later. Mordecai sinks, armour weighing him down.
[Wed Apr 25 21:53:09 2012] : DM: Filica? Anything else?
[Wed Apr 25 21:54:06 2012] : Filica: Filica continues chanting, feeling the power course through her, pointing the tooth at the kraken
[Wed Apr 25 21:54:22 2012] : Filica: ooc or is the Kraken gone and I didn't understand your sentence
[Wed Apr 25 21:54:33 2012] : Filica: ooc?
[Wed Apr 25 21:54:48 2012] : DM: The kraken is still above the water, tentacles thrashing the air.
[Wed Apr 25 21:54:51 2012] : Kava: ooc I understood the kraken is in a lot of pain now
[Wed Apr 25 21:55:00 2012] : DM: Shoot it?
[Wed Apr 25 21:55:15 2012] : Filica: ooc that's all, I'm busing karaokeing here, so I can't shoot or anything.
[Wed Apr 25 21:55:17 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 21:55:46 2012] : DM: ooc you can shoot and chant at the same time.
[Wed Apr 25 21:55:59 2012] : Kava: ooc :)
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:02 2012] : Filica: ooc with the tooth in my hand? Na. I can draw my sword tyhough :)
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:09 2012] : DM: ooc oh yeah.
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:17 2012] : Filica: Fading Strike (longsword): (AWP) Longsword:[1d20(9) + 2] = 11 vs AC - Damage:[1d8(8) + 4] = 12 - and you shift 2 squares to a square that is not adjacent to the target. Can be used in place of a melee basic attack for oA.
Add [1d8(7)] = 7 damage if target is quarry.

[Wed Apr 25 21:56:33 2012] : Filica: ooc at the tentacle
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:34 2012] : DM: Your sword bounces off the tentacle.
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:38 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:52 2012] : DM: Mordecai? Con check and athletics.
[Wed Apr 25 21:56:58 2012] : Mordecai: ooc how deep am I?
[Wed Apr 25 21:57:08 2012] : DM: just below the surface.
[Wed Apr 25 21:57:26 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I need a con check after less than 1 round under water?
[Wed Apr 25 21:57:54 2012] : Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(19) + 2] = 21
[Wed Apr 25 21:58:02 2012] : Kava: ooc Nice one!
[Wed Apr 25 21:58:07 2012] : DM: ooc er, I couldn't be bothered to look up the rules so I'm making them up.
[Wed Apr 25 21:58:19 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai swims for the ship
[Wed Apr 25 21:58:38 2012] : Mordecai: ooc probably OK for at least 30 seconds
[Wed Apr 25 21:59:00 2012] : Mordecai: ooc in PF I think it's your Con in rounds
[Wed Apr 25 21:59:28 2012] : Mordecai: ooc what's my swim speed?
[Wed Apr 25 21:59:42 2012] : DM: Mordecai surfaces and begins to swim for the ship at half his speed.
[Wed Apr 25 22:00:31 2012] : Mordecai: ooc double move to grab the boat
[Wed Apr 25 22:00:39 2012] : DM: ok
[Wed Apr 25 22:00:53 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai sustains the weapon
[Wed Apr 25 22:00:55 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:00 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:26 2012] : Kava: Kava uses her standard attack before swimming back to the ship
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:28 2012] : Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) To hit vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(5) + 7] = 12, Damage: [1d10(2) + 9] = 11 HP.
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:34 2012] : DM: miss
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:41 2012] : DM: Athletics
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:43 2012] : Kava: ooc On the krake, of course
[Wed Apr 25 22:01:54 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(2) + 11] = 13
[Wed Apr 25 22:02:08 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 22:02:12 2012] : DM: You make no headway in the choppy waters.
[Wed Apr 25 22:02:42 2012] : Kraken: The kraken attacks with its tentacles again.
[Wed Apr 25 22:02:46 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(2) + 15] = 17 vs AC; [2d8(5,5) + 5] = 15 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 22:02:47 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(2) + 15] = 17 vs AC; [2d8(3,6) + 5] = 14 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 22:02:48 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(14) + 15] = 29 vs AC; [2d8(7,1) + 5] = 13 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:08 2012] : Kraken: Filica: 15 damage and grapped and dex check.
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:14 2012] : Kraken: Mordecai Miss.
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:17 2012] : Filica: Dexterity: [1d20(5) + 4 + 2] = 11
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:23 2012] : Kraken: Kava, 13 damage and grapped.
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:24 2012] : Filica: ooc oh ffs!
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:38 2012] : Kraken: Filica drops the artifact.
[Wed Apr 25 22:03:40 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 13 damage. [Wed Apr 25 22:03:59 2012] : Kraken: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:18 2012] : Filica: Filica continues chanting and tries to plant her sword in the tentacle to sever it
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:23 2012] : Filica: ooc wait
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:30 2012] : Filica: can I do my second chance thing?
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:35 2012] : Filica: ooc I always forget :(
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:39 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:41 2012] : Filica: Second Chance: (EP-immediate reaction) (racial power) Once per encounter, if hit, force opponent to re-roll attack at -2 (thanks to Halfling agility feat)
[Wed Apr 25 22:04:53 2012] : DM: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(7) + 15] = 22 vs AC; [2d8(8,5) + 5] = 18 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 22:05:19 2012] : Filica: ooc worse heh
[Wed Apr 25 22:05:32 2012] : Filica: Filica continues chanting and tries to plant her sword in the tentacle to sever it
[Wed Apr 25 22:05:39 2012] : Kava: ooc It was worth a shot
[Wed Apr 25 22:05:49 2012] : Filica: Longsword: [1d20(15) + 2 + 3] = 20 vs AC - Damage:[1d8(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Apr 25 22:06:03 2012] : Filica: ooc wait a sec, looking up something
[Wed Apr 25 22:07:23 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 22:07:33 2012] : Filica: ooc wait
[Wed Apr 25 22:07:42 2012] : Filica: ooc not done. I don't have the thingy in hand.
[Wed Apr 25 22:07:55 2012] : Filica: ooc so drawing second sword and stabbing
[Wed Apr 25 22:07:56 2012] : Mordecai: ooc what's your status
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:00 2012] : Filica: ooc scratch that
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:03 2012] : Mordecai: ?
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:18 2012] : Filica: ooc not good
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:22 2012] : Filica: HP & surge status: Healing Surges: 6 out of 7 || HP: 17 out of 45 + 0 temp HP
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:31 2012] : Filica: Twin Strike (swords): (AWP) - Attack 1:Longsword: [1d20(1) + 2] = 3 vs AC - Damage:[1d8(1)] = 1
Attack:2 Shortsword: [1d20(1) + 2] = 3 vs AC - Damage:[1d6(6)] = 6
if target is quarry add [1d8(8)] = 8 damage to one attack

[Wed Apr 25 22:08:39 2012] : Filica: ooc wow!
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:50 2012] : DM: Oh dear.
[Wed Apr 25 22:08:50 2012] : Filica: AP
[Wed Apr 25 22:09:17 2012] : Mordecai: ooc 1 in 400 chance of that ;-)
[Wed Apr 25 22:09:20 2012] : Kava: ooc A double crit miss
[Wed Apr 25 22:09:25 2012] : Filica: Twin Strike (swords): (AWP) - Attack 1:Longsword: [1d20(19) + 2] = 21 vs AC - Damage:[1d8(7)] = 7
Attack:2 Shortsword: [1d20(16) + 2] = 18 vs AC - Damage:[1d6(2)] = 2
if target is quarry add [1d8(6)] = 6 damage to one attack

[Wed Apr 25 22:09:32 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 22:09:36 2012] : Filica: ooc do I save?
[Wed Apr 25 22:09:43 2012] : DM: ooc no
[Wed Apr 25 22:10:12 2012] : Mordecai: ooc is that really only +2?
[Wed Apr 25 22:10:57 2012] : Filica: ooc yes.
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:07 2012] : DM: ooc no, youre missing half your level + any weapon bonuses.
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:18 2012] : Filica: ooc no weaping bonuses
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:28 2012] : Filica: ooc *weapon
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:43 2012] : Filica: ooc 1/2 level is then 2?
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:44 2012] : DM: ooc longsword as a +2 proficiency bonus
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:47 2012] : Filica: ooc so +2
[Wed Apr 25 22:12:53 2012] : DM: ooc +str
[Wed Apr 25 22:13:01 2012] : Filica: ooc omg, i so never use those :(
[Wed Apr 25 22:13:14 2012] : Mordecai: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 25 22:13:15 2012] : DM: ooc in short...
[Wed Apr 25 22:13:42 2012] : Filica: ooc in short, the first one strikes ;)
[Wed Apr 25 22:14:18 2012] : DM: Your sword stabs through the skin into the muscle beneath, blood spurts from the wound and the Kraken screeches and withdraws the tentacles, dropping you to the deck ([1d6(3)] = 3 fall damage)
[Wed Apr 25 22:14:35 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai tries to clamber back aboard
[Wed Apr 25 22:14:46 2012] : DM: Athletics
[Wed Apr 25 22:14:52 2012] : Kava: ooc Filica: get the tooth
[Wed Apr 25 22:14:53 2012] : Filica: Athletics: [1d20(10) + 2 + 2 + 5] = 19
[Wed Apr 25 22:14:59 2012] : DM: You climb aboard
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:15 2012] : Filica: ooc I know, but I can't do it now, can I?
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:17 2012] : DM: ooc er. Mordecai: athletics
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:24 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I'd love to take her roll ;-)
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:30 2012] : Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(20) + 2] = 22
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:36 2012] : DM: You climb aboard
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:38 2012] : Filica: ooc here you go ;)
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:43 2012] : Mordecai: ooc how much move left?
[Wed Apr 25 22:15:54 2012] : DM: ooc half
[Wed Apr 25 22:16:50 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai moves next to Filica, sustains the weapon (minor) and prays for healing for Fil
[Wed Apr 25 22:16:55 2012] : Mordecai: Healing Word: (EP; Minor; Range 5). Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6(4) + 9] = 13 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 25 22:17:00 2012] : Mordecai: Bracers of Respite: (DP; Free Action; Item). Trigger: An adjacent ally regains hit points.
Effect: I or an ally gain [1d8(3) + 5] = 8 HP

[Wed Apr 25 22:17:23 2012] : Mordecai: Subsequently gaining a boost for himself too
[Wed Apr 25 22:17:33 2012] : Filica: Healing surges: Thanks to some good fortune, Filica spends a healing surge and regains 11 HP
[Wed Apr 25 22:17:52 2012] : Mordecai: Healing: Regain 8 HP. [Wed Apr 25 22:17:53 2012] : Filica: HP & surge status: Healing Surges: 6 out of 7 || HP: 38 out of 45 + 0 temp HP
[Wed Apr 25 22:18:29 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 22:18:38 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Apr 25 22:18:49 2012] : Kava: Kava tries to push T away from her and towards the kraken
[Wed Apr 25 22:18:50 2012] : Kava: Teleport Bash (1): (EP) To hit vs. Fortitude. Melee 1 [1d20(8) + 6] = 14, Damage: [1d8(3) + 11] = 14 HP. Hit: Target teleports [1d6(1)] = 1 squares away from its original location. After the teleport, all creatures adjacent to the target take 5 thunder damage.
[Wed Apr 25 22:18:58 2012] : DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 25 22:19:22 2012] : Kava: ooc Strength check to get out of grapple?
[Wed Apr 25 22:19:30 2012] : DM: athletics or acrobatics
[Wed Apr 25 22:19:40 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(6) + 11] = 17
[Wed Apr 25 22:19:52 2012] : DM: You struggle but can't get free.
[Wed Apr 25 22:19:56 2012] : Kava: Done
[Wed Apr 25 22:20:54 2012] : Kraken: The kraken squeeze Kava (5 damage) and drawa her towards its cavernous maw and fearsome beak.
[Wed Apr 25 22:21:10 2012] : Kraken: Its other tentacle strikes...
[Wed Apr 25 22:21:11 2012] : Kraken: [1d2(1)] = 1
[Wed Apr 25 22:21:17 2012] : Kraken: ...at Filica.
[Wed Apr 25 22:21:21 2012] : Kraken: Crushing Tentacles: [1d20(19) + 15] = 34 vs AC; [2d8(1,1) + 5] = 7 damage and grabbed.
[Wed Apr 25 22:21:43 2012] : Kraken: Snatching her from the deck and crushing her body (7 damage).
[Wed Apr 25 22:21:53 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 22:22:23 2012] : Kava: Damage: Kava takes 5 damage. [Wed Apr 25 22:22:25 2012] : DM: ooc can delay until Mordecai has the tooth.
[Wed Apr 25 22:24:09 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 22:25:30 2012] : Filica: HP & surge status: Healing Surges: 5 out of 7 || HP: 34 out of 45 + 0 temp HP
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:02 2012] : Filica: ooc you were talking to me with the delay?
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:09 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:09 2012] : Filica: ooc yes, then I delay.
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:15 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai uses an action point
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:15 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:27 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai directs the Spiritual weapon into the Kraken's gaping maw
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:48 2012] : Mordecai: Spiritual Weapon: (Move - move). Mordecai moves the spiritual weapon up to 10 squares
[Wed Apr 25 22:26:50 2012] : Mordecai: Spiritual Weapon: (Sustain - minor). Wisdom vs. AC [1d20(18) + 7] = 25. Hit: [1d10(10) + 5] = 15 damage.
Effect: Grants combat advantage.

[Wed Apr 25 22:26:55 2012] : DM: Hit
[Wed Apr 25 22:27:20 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai then moves to the square with the atrefact, then closes on Kava
[Wed Apr 25 22:27:38 2012] : Mordecai: Healing Infusion: (DP; Minor; Range 5). Effect: The target gains HP equal to their healing surge (free healing) and regain an additional 9 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 25 22:27:46 2012] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Apr 25 22:28:03 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Apr 25 22:28:07 2012] : Kava: Healing: Regain 9 HP. [Wed Apr 25 22:28:31 2012] : Mordecai: ooc forgot to say I picked up the artefact!
[Wed Apr 25 22:28:52 2012] : Filica: ooc I'm grabbed, aren't i?
[Wed Apr 25 22:28:55 2012] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 25 22:29:14 2012] : Filica: Filica continues chanting, seeing that Mordecai has the tooth, and stabs again
[Wed Apr 25 22:29:21 2012] : Filica: Twin Strike (swords): (AWP) - Attack 1:Longsword: [1d20(17) + 2 + 2 + 2] = 23 vs AC - Damage:[1d8(5)] = 5
Attack:2 Shortsword: [1d20(17) + 2 + 2] = 21 vs AC - Damage:[1d6(2)] = 2
if target is quarry add [1d8(7)] = 7 damage to one attack

[Wed Apr 25 22:29:31 2012] : Mordecai: ooc Kava... 15 (current HP) + 9 + your surge value
[Wed Apr 25 22:29:51 2012] : Filica: done.
[Wed Apr 25 22:30:05 2012] : Mordecai: ooc not sure the HP node is working with your node
[Wed Apr 25 22:30:42 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL I'll have a look at it later, but this (old) node I just copied from yours
[Wed Apr 25 22:30:44 2012] : Mordecai: ooc you may have some extraneous variable hanging around that are getting used??
[Wed Apr 25 22:31:25 2012] : DM: As Filica says the words of binding once more the tooth blazes with energy, bands of shimmering light bursts outwards and envelopes the kraken. It thrashes and screams, flailing tentacles brushing aside riging and cracking timbers as it is draw inexorable down by the cage of light, deep into the waters of the Great River.
[Wed Apr 25 22:32:46 2012] : Mordecai: ooc hopefully, my immovable spiritual weapon tore its own hole out of its head as it sank ;-D
[Wed Apr 25 22:32:50 2012] : DM: The kraken is gone, the waters grow calm and all is still and quiet for a moment. Then the crew and the captain cheer loudly and happily, dancing and embracing one another and shouting congratulations to you.
[Wed Apr 25 22:32:56 2012] : Filica: ooc can you tell it to let me go before it sinks? ;)
[Wed Apr 25 22:33:05 2012] : Mordecai: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 25 22:33:13 2012] : DM: Filica and Kava are released.
[Wed Apr 25 22:33:15 2012] : Kava: ooc Just 1 hp out, I don't know where that came from, I'll need to check the coding in detail
[Wed Apr 25 22:35:12 2012] : Kava: Kava swims back to the ship
[Wed Apr 25 22:35:20 2012] : Kava: Acrobatics: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Wed Apr 25 22:35:41 2012] : Eliza: One of the crew throws a line and pulls you aboard.
[Wed Apr 25 22:35:50 2012] : Filica: "hanks"
[Wed Apr 25 22:35:57 2012] : Kava: "Phew"
[Wed Apr 25 22:36:55 2012] : Kava: "Do you suppose it's dead now?"
[Wed Apr 25 22:37:01 2012] : Filica: Filica gets on board and holds her head, giving the impression her brain is shattering
[Wed Apr 25 22:37:08 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai breathes heavily
[Wed Apr 25 22:37:18 2012] : Mordecai: ooc that was a fight and a half
[Wed Apr 25 22:37:30 2012] : Filica: Filica collapses on the floor, she's still conscious but can barely speak
[Wed Apr 25 22:37:39 2012] : Filica: "I.. I.. I can't remember"
[Wed Apr 25 22:37:49 2012] : Filica: "I can't remember the words"
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:05 2012] : Filica: Filica looks at her companions, wide-eyed
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:06 2012] : Kava: "That's alright, you did it"
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:27 2012] : Mordecai: "You certainly said them enough"
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:29 2012] : Eliza: Eliza instructs the crew to begin repairs to the rigging.
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:39 2012] : Filica: "But I can remember chanting them, over and over again, I just don't remember the words"
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:43 2012] : Filica: "My head hurts"
[Wed Apr 25 22:38:56 2012] : Filica: Filica gets up slowly
[Wed Apr 25 22:39:20 2012] : Filica: "vanished, those words have vanished"
[Wed Apr 25 22:39:31 2012] : Kava: "You being able to speak those words must have been magic in and of itself and the magic stopped when it was no longer needed"
[Wed Apr 25 22:39:38 2012] : Filica: "I guess"
[Wed Apr 25 22:39:54 2012] : Filica: "But I feel this strange void, as if something was taken from me"
[Wed Apr 25 22:40:20 2012] : Filica: Filica slowly breathes more steadily, the headache recedes
[Wed Apr 25 22:40:37 2012] : Mordecai: "So what do we do with this?"
[Wed Apr 25 22:40:44 2012] : Filica: ""Still, it's strange"
[Wed Apr 25 22:40:57 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai holds out the tooth
[Wed Apr 25 22:40:58 2012] : Filica: "I guess we have to put it somehwere safe, for the next time?"
[Wed Apr 25 22:42:05 2012] : Kava: "But where? Back where we found it?"
[Wed Apr 25 22:43:37 2012] : Filica: "I'm not sure"
[Wed Apr 25 22:43:40 2012] : Eliza: The rigging is repaired.
[Wed Apr 25 22:43:46 2012] : Filica: "Should we document what happened?"
[Wed Apr 25 22:44:06 2012] : Eliza: "Alright crew! Time to head for port!" The crew cheers.
[Wed Apr 25 22:44:13 2012] : Mordecai: "Perhaps we should return the artefact"
[Wed Apr 25 22:44:48 2012] : Kava: "What happened? I'm not sure. Do we want the details to be available to anyone?"
[Wed Apr 25 22:45:45 2012] : Kava: "That kind of knowledge could be dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands"
[Wed Apr 25 22:46:37 2012] : Eliza: GAME END