Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 28 19:46:09 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 28 19:46:58 2012] : Donessh: "Are we all set to go downstairs?"
[Wed Mar 28 19:47:20 2012] : DM: You have entered the upper levels of an ancient temple complex beneath the ruined tower above. You fought some ettercaps, spiders and other bugs and found the ettercap nest and another tunnel to the surface.
[Wed Mar 28 19:47:54 2012] : DM: There is also a stone staircase leading down, warm sulphourous air rises from below.
[Wed Mar 28 19:48:26 2012] : Mordecai: "Yes"
[Wed Mar 28 19:49:14 2012] : Kava: "Down it is"
[Wed Mar 28 19:49:41 2012] : Donessh: "We have sufficient lamp oil?"
[Wed Mar 28 19:50:37 2012] : Mordecai: "I have a couple more tindertwigs"
[Wed Mar 28 19:50:50 2012] : Mordecai: ooc no idea how long they last for
[Wed Mar 28 19:52:04 2012] : Mordecai: ooc sunrod is what I meant
[Wed Mar 28 19:52:17 2012] : Mordecai: "My sunrods last for 4 hours each"
[Wed Mar 28 19:52:35 2012] : Kava: "If we need it, I've got 6 flasks of oil"
[Wed Mar 28 19:53:10 2012] : Donessh: "That should be plenty, shouldn't it?"
[Wed Mar 28 19:53:49 2012] : Donessh: ooc you'd think a couple of dragonborn would be able to set fire to something!
[Wed Mar 28 19:53:57 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 28 19:55:03 2012] : DM: The wide, basalt steps spiral round the inside of a square shaft plunging into into the ground.
[Wed Mar 28 19:55:39 2012] : Kava: "Quite steep and deep, this"
[Wed Mar 28 19:56:19 2012] : DM: A rusted, iron handrail would have prevented people from falling off but the state it is in now you're not sure you can trust it.
[Wed Mar 28 19:56:47 2012] : Mordecai: "Careful!"
[Wed Mar 28 19:57:34 2012] : DM: A dim, reddish-orange glow lights up the bottom stairs some 300 m below.
[Wed Mar 28 19:57:50 2012] : Donessh: "I hope the steps are solid"
[Wed Mar 28 19:58:06 2012] : Kava: ""
[Wed Mar 28 19:58:23 2012] : DM: Each step is a massive block of basalt cantilevered from the side.
[Wed Mar 28 19:58:30 2012] : Kava: "Faint heart never won fair ... uhm, whatever the price is"
[Wed Mar 28 19:58:36 2012] : DM: Dungeoneering check.
[Wed Mar 28 19:58:44 2012] : Kava: Dungeoneering: [1d20(11) + 2] = 13
[Wed Mar 28 19:58:45 2012] : Donessh: Dungeoneering: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Mar 28 20:00:35 2012] : Mordecai: Dungeoneering: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Mar 28 20:01:02 2012] : Donessh: Donessh taps his foot on the steps
[Wed Mar 28 20:01:25 2012] : Donessh: "They seem solid enough, but I would stay away from the edge"
[Wed Mar 28 20:01:58 2012] : Kava: "Yeah, better tread lightly"
[Wed Mar 28 20:02:33 2012] : Mordecai: "I thought the same"
[Wed Mar 28 20:03:17 2012] : DM: Climbing down?
[Wed Mar 28 20:03:28 2012] : Kava: Yes
[Wed Mar 28 20:03:34 2012] : Donessh: ooc nothing else to do
[Wed Mar 28 20:04:42 2012] : DM: You decend. At about a quarter of the way down you see that a whole section of stairs has fallen away.
[Wed Mar 28 20:04:58 2012] : Mordecai: "Ah, I see"
[Wed Mar 28 20:05:04 2012] : Donessh: "Hmm"
[Wed Mar 28 20:05:21 2012] : Mordecai: "I have a silk rope that I have been carrying around for quite some time"
[Wed Mar 28 20:05:34 2012] : Mordecai: "Do we think we can make some use of it?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:05:52 2012] : Donessh: ooc how far is the drop to the next level of stairs?
[Wed Mar 28 20:06:00 2012] : Mordecai: "I'm not going to be much good at jumping in all this armour"
[Wed Mar 28 20:06:10 2012] : Kava: "Combined with my ropes we should be able to come up with something"
[Wed Mar 28 20:06:21 2012] : DM: Water seeps through the blocks in the wall, weakening the mortar and causing some to fall away, taking the stairs away with them.
[Wed Mar 28 20:06:30 2012] : Donessh: "Nor I"
[Wed Mar 28 20:06:36 2012] : DM: The gap is about 30 ft across.
[Wed Mar 28 20:07:02 2012] : DM: The flight of stairs continues below the gap.
[Wed Mar 28 20:07:09 2012] : DM: ooc one moment, doing maths!
[Wed Mar 28 20:08:03 2012] : DM: The drop is about 80 ft.
[Wed Mar 28 20:08:25 2012] : Kava: Kava starts tying ropes together
[Wed Mar 28 20:08:35 2012] : DM: Looking down you see the steps below are wet and slimey looking.
[Wed Mar 28 20:08:54 2012] : DM: The iron railing below have also rusted completely away.
[Wed Mar 28 20:09:04 2012] : Donessh: "What can we tie the rope to?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:09:16 2012] : Mordecai: MOrdecai looks for a good anchoring point for the rope
[Wed Mar 28 20:09:23 2012] : Kava: "What happened there anyway? Look at that slime"
[Wed Mar 28 20:09:31 2012] : Mordecai: Perception: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19
[Wed Mar 28 20:10:31 2012] : DM: Mordecai spots torch bracket in the wall, it looks strong and well bedded into the wall.
[Wed Mar 28 20:11:04 2012] : DM: The slime is caused by the water seeping out of the wall.
[Wed Mar 28 20:11:48 2012] : Mordecai: "Tie it to this"
[Wed Mar 28 20:11:55 2012] : DM: Adventurer's Bane Grease Mold is it's common name.
[Wed Mar 28 20:11:57 2012] : Mordecai: "It's pretty solid"
[Wed Mar 28 20:12:17 2012] : Donessh: ooc ahh, nice
[Wed Mar 28 20:12:39 2012] : Kava: "Sure"
[Wed Mar 28 20:12:57 2012] : Kava: Kava follows Mordecai's suggestion
[Wed Mar 28 20:14:12 2012] : DM: The rope ties on well.
[Wed Mar 28 20:15:43 2012] : DM: Next?
[Wed Mar 28 20:15:55 2012] : Mordecai: "Who is first?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:16:35 2012] : Donessh: "Kava went for the underwater chest, so I will go this time"
[Wed Mar 28 20:16:36 2012] : Kava: "Not me, I'd prefer one of your hard-hitting types to go first"
[Wed Mar 28 20:16:45 2012] : Mordecai: "I am not too strong, especially with my armour"
[Wed Mar 28 20:17:10 2012] : Mordecai: "I would prefer to climb down with one of you taking up the slack if possible"
[Wed Mar 28 20:17:13 2012] : Donessh: "Would you prefer I held the rope?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:17:26 2012] : Mordecai: "I am happy to go first"
[Wed Mar 28 20:18:02 2012] : Mordecai: "Perhaps the pair of you can lower me, and I will do my best to use the wall?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:18:15 2012] : Donessh: "Tie the end around you"
[Wed Mar 28 20:18:54 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai does so, then tries to scale down the wall as best he can while the others take the strain
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:00 2012] : Kava: "If anything happens I can cover you from here and Donessh can get you up again"
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:00 2012] : Donessh: Donessh feeds the rope around his waist to make it easier to ease Mordecai down
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:11 2012] : DM: Athletics checks from all.
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:13 2012] : Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:19 2012] : Donessh: Athletics: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:29 2012] : Kava: Kava assists Donessh, while looking out for danger
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:32 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31
[Wed Mar 28 20:19:39 2012] : Mordecai: ooc heh, yours is only just better than mine!
[Wed Mar 28 20:20:07 2012] : Kava: ooc Are you talking to me? ;)
[Wed Mar 28 20:20:11 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I think Kava has by far the highest Str!
[Wed Mar 28 20:20:38 2012] : Kava: ooc And I'm trained in Athletics
[Wed Mar 28 20:20:53 2012] : DM: Mordecai's foot slips but fortunately Kava and Donessh had a good hold of the rope and Mordecai is soon standing on the slimey steps.
[Wed Mar 28 20:21:19 2012] : Donessh: "How does it look?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:22:46 2012] : Mordecai: "Slimey"
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:06 2012] : Mordecai: "I think maybe Kava should help you down!"
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:16 2012] : Mordecai: "Then climb down herself"
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:31 2012] : Kava: "Sure, sounds good"
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:42 2012] : Mordecai: "Sounds crazy, I know, but they are some big arms she's got"
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:47 2012] : Donessh: Donessh does the same as Mordecai
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:50 2012] : Donessh: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:52 2012] : Kava: "You hold the rope taut so Donessh can get down more easily"
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:57 2012] : Donessh: Athletics: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Mar 28 20:23:57 2012] : Mordecai: "OK"
[Wed Mar 28 20:24:02 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16
[Wed Mar 28 20:24:09 2012] : Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(20) + 2] = 22
[Wed Mar 28 20:24:16 2012] : DM: Donessh makes it down with Kava and Moredecai's help
[Wed Mar 28 20:24:19 2012] : Kava: ooc Way to go, Mordecai
[Wed Mar 28 20:24:39 2012] : DM: One of you are going to have to move down a step to give Kava room.
[Wed Mar 28 20:24:56 2012] : Mordecai: ooc that's two 20s we've 'wasted' ;-)
[Wed Mar 28 20:25:11 2012] : Donessh: Donessh backs away, ready to catch Kava, just in case
[Wed Mar 28 20:25:19 2012] : DM: Grease Mold: [1d20(10) + 9] = 19 vs Reflex; Knocked prone and slide 2 squares.
[Wed Mar 28 20:25:51 2012] : Donessh: "Whoop!"
[Wed Mar 28 20:26:03 2012] : Kava: "What did you do?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:26:15 2012] : Mordecai: oh good and here's the 3 out of 5 of us with the *good* reflex defence (not!)
[Wed Mar 28 20:26:26 2012] : Donessh: "These steps are treatcherous!"
[Wed Mar 28 20:26:30 2012] : DM: Donessh's feet slipsout from under him and he falls heavily on the steps, you hear you wrist break as you land then you slide down until stopped by the wall.
[Wed Mar 28 20:26:50 2012] : Donessh: "AARGH!"
[Wed Mar 28 20:26:53 2012] : Mordecai: "What was that cracking sound?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:00 2012] : DM: Donessh, your right hand is useless until you can get magical healing.
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:01 2012] : Mordecai: "Are you OK?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:09 2012] : Mordecai: Healing Word: (EP; Minor; Range 5). Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6(1) + 4] = 5 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:14 2012] : Donessh: "I think wy wrist is broken"
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:20 2012] : DM: Out of range
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:25 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I see
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:33 2012] : Kava: Kava descends to try and help
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:41 2012] : Kava: "Coming down"
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:43 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai sits on his bottom and slides along
[Wed Mar 28 20:27:45 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Mar 28 20:28:04 2012] : Mordecai: ooc acrobatics is appropriate here I imagine
[Wed Mar 28 20:28:16 2012] : Donessh: ooc ass-crobatics
[Wed Mar 28 20:28:17 2012] : DM: Mordecai scoots down in an undignified but safe manner, reaching the safety of the dry steps.
[Wed Mar 28 20:28:35 2012] : Mordecai: ooc using the healing word above
[Wed Mar 28 20:28:46 2012] : DM: Kava climbs down.
[Wed Mar 28 20:29:08 2012] : Kava: Kava tries acid on the first piece of mold in front of her feet, just to see if it helps
[Wed Mar 28 20:29:13 2012] : Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) To hit vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(17) + 7] = 24, Damage: [1d10(2) + 9] = 11 HP.
[Wed Mar 28 20:29:43 2012] : Mordecai: ooc you need bleach, not acid, got any hypochlorite?
[Wed Mar 28 20:29:43 2012] : DM: The acid burns away the mold, leaving the steps wet but much less slippery.
[Wed Mar 28 20:30:38 2012] : Mordecai: ooc is that magical healing enough to fix his wrist up?
[Wed Mar 28 20:30:56 2012] : DM: Mordecai's magic knits Donessh's bones back together again.
[Wed Mar 28 20:31:16 2012] : Donessh: "Thank you. That was a nasty fall"
[Wed Mar 28 20:31:36 2012] : Kava: Kava blast a way through the mold, creating a safe passage for the return journey
[Wed Mar 28 20:32:14 2012] : Donessh: ooc is it just that section that was slippery?
[Wed Mar 28 20:32:30 2012] : DM: Yes, the rest of the steps are safe.
[Wed Mar 28 20:33:04 2012] : DM: Continuing?
[Wed Mar 28 20:33:12 2012] : Kava: Yes
[Wed Mar 28 20:33:31 2012] : Mordecai: "Can we take 5 minutes for me to charge back up?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:33:51 2012] : Mordecai: "I don't want to be low on healing if we need it"
[Wed Mar 28 20:34:03 2012] : Donessh: "Good idea. That slightly took the wind out of me"
[Wed Mar 28 20:34:06 2012] : Kava: "Take all the time you need"
[Wed Mar 28 20:35:01 2012] : Kava: Kava uses the rest to blast every last bit of mold
[Wed Mar 28 20:35:35 2012] : Mordecai: ........
[Wed Mar 28 20:35:38 2012] : Mordecai: "OK, ready"
[Wed Mar 28 20:36:08 2012] : Donessh: Donessh gets to his feet and proceeds down the steps
[Wed Mar 28 20:36:48 2012] : Kava: Kava follows
[Wed Mar 28 20:37:02 2012] : Mordecai: "Good work Kava"
[Wed Mar 28 20:37:22 2012] : Mordecai: "I think I soiled my armour"
[Wed Mar 28 20:37:25 2012] : Mordecai: ooc ;-)
[Wed Mar 28 20:37:47 2012] : Donessh: oco groan
[Wed Mar 28 20:37:54 2012] : DM: As you decend further the air becomes warning and more acrid, fortunately you made masks to protect yourselfs from the fumes and can work unaffected.
[Wed Mar 28 20:38:00 2012] : Kava: "Better give it a quick polish then"
[Wed Mar 28 20:38:46 2012] : Mordecai: Moredcai rinses his mask out to rid it of soot and re-wet it
[Wed Mar 28 20:39:20 2012] : Mordecai: "Probably worth doing that every now and again"
[Wed Mar 28 20:40:17 2012] : Kava: "Good idea"
[Wed Mar 28 20:40:53 2012] : DM: You reach the bottom of stairs, a doorway leads out into a vast cavern stretching many hundreds of meters in every direction. natural rock pillars support a jagged roof of basalt some 30-40 meters above the ground of the cavern.
[Wed Mar 28 20:41:15 2012] : Donessh: "Wow"
[Wed Mar 28 20:41:39 2012] : Mordecai: "This is unexpected"
[Wed Mar 28 20:41:52 2012] : Kava: "And huge!"
[Wed Mar 28 20:41:57 2012] : DM: The reddish-orange glow comes from numerous pools of magma slowing bubbling and spitting molten rock into the air.
[Wed Mar 28 20:42:17 2012] : Kava: "Better avoid those pools"
[Wed Mar 28 20:42:26 2012] : DM: Covering the cavern floor and piles of jagged cinders.
[Wed Mar 28 20:42:36 2012] : DM: It looks to be a trecherous landscape.
[Wed Mar 28 20:42:45 2012] : Donessh: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 28 20:43:02 2012] : DM: Off in the distance you see a wide flight of steps leading to a temple-like building.
[Wed Mar 28 20:44:06 2012] : Mordecai: "Do you suppose those Kuo-Toa came down here?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:44:18 2012] : DM: ooc Sahuagin
[Wed Mar 28 20:44:25 2012] : Mordecai: "It doesn't look very hospitable to sea creatures"
[Wed Mar 28 20:44:32 2012] : Mordecai: ooc oops - Sahuagin
[Wed Mar 28 20:44:45 2012] : Kava: "From the wet of the sea to this? Hardly credible"
[Wed Mar 28 20:45:12 2012] : DM: The sahuagin were looking for the artifact too, remember.
[Wed Mar 28 20:46:40 2012] : DM: What next?
[Wed Mar 28 20:46:54 2012] : Kava: Kava consults the compass
[Wed Mar 28 20:47:03 2012] : Mordecai: "Do we attmpt to get to the steps?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:47:09 2012] : DM: The compass points towards the temple.
[Wed Mar 28 20:47:26 2012] : Donessh: ooc back
[Wed Mar 28 20:47:48 2012] : Kava: "The compass points towards the temple"
[Wed Mar 28 20:48:08 2012] : Donessh: "The way seems clear"
[Wed Mar 28 20:48:30 2012] : Kava: Kava starts walking, while looking out for danger
[Wed Mar 28 20:48:34 2012] : Kava: Perception: [1d20(10) + 2] = 12
[Wed Mar 28 20:48:59 2012] : Mordecai: Perception: [1d20(18) + 6] = 24
[Wed Mar 28 20:49:10 2012] : Mordecai: "Let's try and be careful then"
[Wed Mar 28 20:49:26 2012] : DM: The cinders crunch and shift beneath your feet as you walk. If you continue you are likely to fall and even slide into a magma pool.
[Wed Mar 28 20:49:57 2012] : Donessh: "this isn't working"
[Wed Mar 28 20:50:03 2012] : Kava: "The ground it treacherous"
[Wed Mar 28 20:50:50 2012] : Mordecai: ooc sorry DM, I don't really have a clear idea of what we are dealing with
[Wed Mar 28 20:51:41 2012] : Kava: "Better use a rope to anchor to eachother"
[Wed Mar 28 20:52:16 2012] : Mordecai: "Mine is tied to the bracket back there"
[Wed Mar 28 20:52:18 2012] : DM: Piles of loose gravel beween pools of magma, if you walk unaided across the gravel you may fall and slide into the magma pools.
[Wed Mar 28 20:52:50 2012] : Mordecai: ooc OK, so the gravel piles are quite a bit higher than the pools
[Wed Mar 28 20:52:57 2012] : Donessh: ooc would crawling slowly help?
[Wed Mar 28 20:52:59 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I get it now
[Wed Mar 28 20:53:04 2012] : DM: ooc drawing a sideways view.
[Wed Mar 28 20:54:18 2012] : Mordecai: "Crawling would offer us better stability"
[Wed Mar 28 20:54:36 2012] : DM: Crawling would help but the cinders and rough and sharp edged, your knees and hands would be shredded without protection.
[Wed Mar 28 20:56:35 2012] : Donessh: "Has anyone any ideas?"
[Wed Mar 28 20:56:55 2012] : DM: ooc giving you some stuff to work with...
[Wed Mar 28 20:57:53 2012] : Mordecai: Moredecai tries taking off his shield and using it as a large shovel to make a flatter path
[Wed Mar 28 20:58:04 2012] : Kava: "I get nothing more than anchoring to one another with the rope and proceeding cautiously. Crawling is out, I don't see how we can clear the rubble ..."
[Wed Mar 28 20:58:27 2012] : Mordecai: ooc scotch that - mordecai does not have a shield, neither the shield proficiency
[Wed Mar 28 20:58:34 2012] : DM: Behind the stone stairway is a another less well constructed building.
[Wed Mar 28 20:59:28 2012] : Mordecai: ooc is there a bulldozer or a snowplough in there?
[Wed Mar 28 20:59:38 2012] : Donessh: "Lets have a look in that other building"
[Wed Mar 28 21:00:12 2012] : Kava: "Sure, bet let's be careful"
[Wed Mar 28 21:01:00 2012] : Mordecai: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 28 21:01:04 2012] : DM: The building is a workstop and storeroom, presumbly used during the constructure of the temple complex. Inside are stacks of iron, steel and timber of various sizes, all preserved in the dry air.
[Wed Mar 28 21:01:24 2012] : DM: There are also tool, pickaxes, shovels, hammers, saws, drills etc.
[Wed Mar 28 21:01:39 2012] : Donessh: ooc its all gone very A-Team :)
[Wed Mar 28 21:01:47 2012] : Kava: ooc And so the A-team converts a car into a tank
[Wed Mar 28 21:01:56 2012] : DM: There is a basic forge (unlit) and an anvil.
[Wed Mar 28 21:03:17 2012] : Mordecai: "OK, maybe we can make a more stable path across the cinders with shovels?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:03:33 2012] : Donessh: "Worth a try"
[Wed Mar 28 21:04:12 2012] : Kava: "We can but try"
[Wed Mar 28 21:04:34 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai takes a shovel and attempts to take the worst instabilities out of the cinder piles"
[Wed Mar 28 21:04:55 2012] : Kava: Kava assists with another shovel
[Wed Mar 28 21:05:00 2012] : Donessh: Donessh joins him
[Wed Mar 28 21:05:08 2012] : DM: It's hard, backbreaking work shovelling off the loose top layers of cinders but it does make a safe path. It looks like it it could take a day to make a safe path around all the magma pools.
[Wed Mar 28 21:05:14 2012] : Mordecai: ooc climbing a bit up one and knocking the peak to the side to make it flat
[Wed Mar 28 21:05:24 2012] : DM: Keep going or try something else?
[Wed Mar 28 21:05:49 2012] : Mordecai: "This is going to take ages. Anyone got any better ideas, or do we carry on?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:05:51 2012] : Kava: "This seems to work, but it'll take forever"
[Wed Mar 28 21:06:40 2012] : Kava: "How about we make something like a sled, and try and punt over?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:06:57 2012] : Donessh: "We could make a flying machine to carry us over, but that would require the knowledge of how to do that"
[Wed Mar 28 21:07:18 2012] : DM: ooc I also think building a flying machine would take more than a day.
[Wed Mar 28 21:07:52 2012] : Donessh: ooc yes, plus the risk of death by falling likely exceeding the risk of death by lava
[Wed Mar 28 21:07:55 2012] : Mordecai: "Someone would have to pull a sled"
[Wed Mar 28 21:08:17 2012] : Mordecai: "And they would have the same issue we have now"
[Wed Mar 28 21:08:23 2012] : Kava: "Not if we can punt it"
[Wed Mar 28 21:08:46 2012] : Mordecai: ooc punt it? Kick it?
[Wed Mar 28 21:09:08 2012] : Kava: ooc Use poles, like punting on a river
[Wed Mar 28 21:09:56 2012] : Mordecai: "I don't understand"
[Wed Mar 28 21:10:11 2012] : Mordecai: "What do you mean, punt it?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:10:46 2012] : Kava: "Make something like s sled, stand on it, use long poles to try and push ourselves forward, sled and all"
[Wed Mar 28 21:11:06 2012] : Donessh: "I dont think anything we can make would be as effective, safe or as quick as simple toil"
[Wed Mar 28 21:11:10 2012] : Kava: "I know it works for small boats on rivers that aren't too deep"
[Wed Mar 28 21:11:28 2012] : Mordecai: ooc you might conceivably punt a hovercraft over sharp, rough cinders, but I doubt you'd have any joy with a sled
[Wed Mar 28 21:11:58 2012] : Kava: ooc You can make that remark in character, of course
[Wed Mar 28 21:12:09 2012] : Mordecai: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 28 21:12:34 2012] : Mordecai: "But the sled and all of us would probably just tip into the lava pits as soon as we pushed"
[Wed Mar 28 21:13:08 2012] : Kava: "If you think it won't work, we'd better come it with sonething else"
[Wed Mar 28 21:13:55 2012] : Kava: "I won't pretend I'm any good with engineering tools and the like"
[Wed Mar 28 21:14:00 2012] : Mordecai: ooc even if friction were not a problem, I put the girls in a sledge this winter and they are a bugger to steer... And slide straight into the lava, picking up speed all the way ;-)
[Wed Mar 28 21:14:20 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 28 21:14:40 2012] : DM: ooc Awww. I wanted someone to try just for the drama the failure would cause. :(
[Wed Mar 28 21:14:53 2012] : Kava: ooc Bad DM!
[Wed Mar 28 21:15:35 2012] : Kava: "You two try to think something up while I get back to shoveling"
[Wed Mar 28 21:15:59 2012] : Kava: "Just let me know if you need my help"
[Wed Mar 28 21:16:49 2012] : Donessh: "I think simple shovelling is our best option"
[Wed Mar 28 21:16:57 2012] : Mordecai: "Agreed"
[Wed Mar 28 21:17:20 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai periodically re-wets his mask
[Wed Mar 28 21:18:03 2012] : Donessh: Donessh takes all reasonable safety precautions
[Wed Mar 28 21:18:24 2012] : Donessh: ooc Risk Assessment posted, evac route discussed and agreed
[Wed Mar 28 21:18:58 2012] : DM: Ok. After hours and hours and hard graft your hands are blistered, your backs are sore and stiff but you've made it safely across the cinder piles to the temple steps.
[Wed Mar 28 21:19:29 2012] : Kava: "If I never have to use a shovel again it'll be too soon"
[Wed Mar 28 21:20:18 2012] : Donessh: "It had better be in here!"
[Wed Mar 28 21:20:38 2012] : Kava: Kava once again checks the compass
[Wed Mar 28 21:20:46 2012] : DM: It points up the steps.
[Wed Mar 28 21:20:55 2012] : Kava: "According to this it should be up there"
[Wed Mar 28 21:21:16 2012] : Donessh: ooc can we move around the temple?
[Wed Mar 28 21:21:54 2012] : DM: You're at the edge of the cavern, the temple is built into the side.
[Wed Mar 28 21:22:12 2012] : DM: So unless you wants days of pickaxe work...
[Wed Mar 28 21:22:21 2012] : Mordecai: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 28 21:22:33 2012] : Mordecai: "Let's just get this stuff over with"
[Wed Mar 28 21:22:42 2012] : Donessh: Donessh takes the compass and walks up and down outside the temple to see of the needle moves
[Wed Mar 28 21:22:55 2012] : Mordecai: "I only think it's a shame that anyone can now follow us for all our efforts"
[Wed Mar 28 21:23:06 2012] : Kava: ooc Taking it out of my hands? \o/
[Wed Mar 28 21:23:24 2012] : DM: The needle points towards a point only a short distance beyond the temple entrance.
[Wed Mar 28 21:23:38 2012] : Mordecai: ooc to be fair I'm fairly certain it went in my bag of holding ;-P
[Wed Mar 28 21:23:39 2012] : Donessh: "It seems to be close by"
[Wed Mar 28 21:23:46 2012] : Kava: "In a couple of days those mounds should be unstable again, with new debris from those pools"
[Wed Mar 28 21:24:04 2012] : Donessh: "In a couple of days I hope we will be far from here!"
[Wed Mar 28 21:24:28 2012] : Kava: "Let's find out what that artefact is, exactly"
[Wed Mar 28 21:24:31 2012] : Mordecai: "indeed"
[Wed Mar 28 21:24:48 2012] : Mordecai: ooc Del just got back to me. She's ill with a bad stomach
[Wed Mar 28 21:25:06 2012] : Kava: occ Aww, that's a real pity
[Wed Mar 28 21:25:12 2012] : Donessh: ooc :(
[Wed Mar 28 21:25:44 2012] : DM: ooc not good.
[Wed Mar 28 21:26:45 2012] : DM: You ascend the steps to the doorway and look inside.
[Wed Mar 28 21:28:03 2012] : DM: The room is some 60 ft by 60 ft
[Wed Mar 28 21:30:15 2012] : DM: At the far wall surrounded by a shimmering blue field of magic and resting on a stone plinth is an object. You can't tell what it is from where you are but it's about a foot long and narrow, tapering to a point.
[Wed Mar 28 21:30:23 2012] : DM: Stepping inside?
[Wed Mar 28 21:30:34 2012] : Mordecai: "Is that it?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:30:46 2012] : Mordecai: "Let's go"
[Wed Mar 28 21:30:58 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai steps...
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:03 2012] : Donessh: Perception: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:11 2012] : Kava: Perception: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:13 2012] : DM: A voice booms out.
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:14 2012] : Donessh: Donessh has a glance around the room
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:38 2012] : Kava: Kava walks in
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:41 2012] : Voice: "None but the servents you Aklath may enter. Halt or be destroyed!"
[Wed Mar 28 21:31:52 2012] : Voice: ...servants of...
[Wed Mar 28 21:32:16 2012] : Kava: "Hmm ... Aklath?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:32:16 2012] : Donessh: Donessh grabs Mordecais backpack and pulls him back
[Wed Mar 28 21:32:37 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I thought that was an echo then
[Wed Mar 28 21:32:46 2012] : Mordecai: Religion: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22
[Wed Mar 28 21:33:18 2012] : Donessh: Religion: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Mar 28 21:33:31 2012] : Voice: History check as well.
[Wed Mar 28 21:33:56 2012] : Kava: Religion: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Mar 28 21:33:58 2012] : Kava: History: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22
[Wed Mar 28 21:33:58 2012] : Donessh: History: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Mar 28 21:34:38 2012] : Mordecai: History: [1d20(4) + 6] = 10
[Wed Mar 28 21:36:49 2012] : Mordecai: "Hmm, a cult leader from ancient times... Not sure of anything beyond that"
[Wed Mar 28 21:37:42 2012] : Kava: "He's said to have slain a kraken"
[Wed Mar 28 21:37:43 2012] : Donessh: "I wonder what will happen if we just walk in"
[Wed Mar 28 21:38:12 2012] : Kava: "But I don't know what a 'servant of Aklath' means"
[Wed Mar 28 21:38:44 2012] : Donessh: Presumably a worshipper of Aklath
[Wed Mar 28 21:39:10 2012] : Donessh: "Presumably a worshipper of Aklath"
[Wed Mar 28 21:39:20 2012] : Mordecai: "So he had servants"
[Wed Mar 28 21:39:21 2012] : Kava: "But he was never a god or anything, but an adventurer more than anything else"
[Wed Mar 28 21:39:43 2012] : Mordecai: "I wonder if we can demonstrate some token to simulate such"
[Wed Mar 28 21:39:52 2012] : Mordecai: "Maybe holding out the compass?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:40:04 2012] : Donessh: "Its worth trying"
[Wed Mar 28 21:40:05 2012] : Kava: "It can't hurt"
[Wed Mar 28 21:40:18 2012] : Donessh: "It probably can actually"
[Wed Mar 28 21:40:22 2012] : Mordecai: ooc Kava has it ;-)
[Wed Mar 28 21:40:55 2012] : Donessh: ooc and is always reluctant to let it go :)
[Wed Mar 28 21:42:09 2012] : Kava: ooc I never took it back from Donessh, so there! :P
[Wed Mar 28 21:42:46 2012] : Donessh: Donessh takes a step into the room, holding the compass in front of him
[Wed Mar 28 21:43:07 2012] : Kava: Talking to the voice: "We're here because we want to defeat the kraken"
[Wed Mar 28 21:43:18 2012] : Voice: "None but the servants of Aklath may enter. Halt ot be destroyed."
[Wed Mar 28 21:44:02 2012] : Donessh: "We need the object held here"
[Wed Mar 28 21:45:01 2012] : Mordecai: "We serve the purpose of Aklath"
[Wed Mar 28 21:45:15 2012] : Mordecai: "The Kraken has returned and we need to destroy it"
[Wed Mar 28 21:45:19 2012] : Voice: "What is the purpose of Aklath?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:45:29 2012] : Voice: "Yes. You know the purpose."
[Wed Mar 28 21:45:56 2012] : Voice: "But are you worthy?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:46:19 2012] : Donessh: "How can we prove this?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:46:34 2012] : Mordecai: "We follow the god of the sun, we came here to aid others, not ourselves"
[Wed Mar 28 21:46:38 2012] : Voice: "Do you accept the challenge?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:46:47 2012] : Mordecai: "We journeyed here through great danger"
[Wed Mar 28 21:46:56 2012] : Kava: "Uhm, what does that entail?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:46:57 2012] : Mordecai: "What is the challenge?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:47:24 2012] : Kava: ooc As if we're going to refuse LOL
[Wed Mar 28 21:49:02 2012] : DM: A glowing, ghostly figure in full armour and carrying sword and shield steps through the wall into the room. He takes up a ready stance.
[Wed Mar 28 21:49:54 2012] : Aklath's Spirit: "I am Aklath. Do you accept my challenge?"
[Wed Mar 28 21:50:16 2012] : Mordecai: ooc only if it's a cook-off ;-)
[Wed Mar 28 21:50:36 2012] : Donessh: "You still haven't told us what it is"
[Wed Mar 28 21:50:47 2012] : Donessh: "But yes, we have no choice"
[Wed Mar 28 21:51:06 2012] : Mordecai: "We cannot in all conscience return empty handed"
[Wed Mar 28 21:51:14 2012] : Aklath's Spirit: "Then ready yourselves and let battle commence."
[Wed Mar 28 21:51:26 2012] : DM: GAME END