Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Feb 15 19:42:21 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Feb 15 19:43:30 2012] : DM: You're in Krupka and the magic compass points to an island out in the Great River. Miranda has told you that you can either sail with a crazy man or try and find and persuade someone else to sail you.
[Wed Feb 15 19:43:52 2012] : DM: ooc option b involves a skill challenge.
[Wed Feb 15 19:44:18 2012] : Kava: ooc The one you threatened us with last week ;)
[Wed Feb 15 19:44:29 2012] : Mordecai: "I don't relish the idea of the madman"
[Wed Feb 15 19:44:45 2012] : Kava: 'Let's try someone else first'
[Wed Feb 15 19:44:49 2012] : Mordecai: "Let's see if we can't persuade someone to take us"
[Wed Feb 15 19:44:53 2012] : Donessh: "Agreed. That sounds like a last option"
[Wed Feb 15 19:45:02 2012] : Filica: ooc sorry, I'm here
[Wed Feb 15 19:46:17 2012] : DM: Ok. Skill challenge will do done in turns so I can keep on top of it. You can skip your turn if you have no useful skills to try.
[Wed Feb 15 19:46:19 2012] : Kava: ooc Phone conversation all done?
[Wed Feb 15 19:47:02 2012] : DM: You first need to find a likely person.
[Wed Feb 15 19:47:27 2012] : DM: ooc pick a skill say what you're using it for an make the roll.
[Wed Feb 15 19:47:29 2012] : Kava: 'So where are the captains mad enough to do it, but not completele crazy?'
[Wed Feb 15 19:47:32 2012] : DM: Kava, you start.
[Wed Feb 15 19:48:34 2012] : Kava: Pass for now
[Wed Feb 15 19:48:41 2012] : DM: Donessh?
[Wed Feb 15 19:49:17 2012] : Donessh: Donessh tries to determine who might be a likely candidate (Insight)
[Wed Feb 15 19:49:24 2012] : Donessh: Insight: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21
[Wed Feb 15 19:49:26 2012] : DM: ooc as an example you could have used religion to see if there are any religious groups favourable to your goal. Think out of the box.
[Wed Feb 15 19:49:30 2012] : Filica: ooc phone conversation still to come
[Wed Feb 15 19:50:13 2012] : DM: Donessh, your reckon that the likely place to start looking it the inn down on the docks.
[Wed Feb 15 19:50:16 2012] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Feb 15 19:50:40 2012] : Filica: Filica enters the Inn and looks around, hoping to spot the right person (streetwise)
[Wed Feb 15 19:50:42 2012] : Filica: Streetwise: [1d20(3) + 0 + 2] = 5
[Wed Feb 15 19:50:47 2012] : Filica: ooc roflmao
[Wed Feb 15 19:51:15 2012] : Mordecai: ooc why pick something you suck at?
[Wed Feb 15 19:51:22 2012] : DM: No one pays you any attention.
[Wed Feb 15 19:52:39 2012] : DM: ooc you could have gone with: "I'm going to hide and listen in on the conversations." (stealth)
[Wed Feb 15 19:53:24 2012] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Feb 15 19:54:10 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai tries to find out what food items are going to become scarce so that he can explain in gruesome detail how people will deteriorate as time goes on
[Wed Feb 15 19:54:12 2012] : Mordecai: Heal: [1d20(2) + 11] = 13
[Wed Feb 15 19:54:29 2012] : DM: ooc like it!
[Wed Feb 15 19:54:31 2012] : Mordecai: ooc a 2??
[Wed Feb 15 19:54:46 2012] : DM: ooc still a success
[Wed Feb 15 19:55:17 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 15 19:55:41 2012] : DM: Mordecai, you know of the importance of fresh fruit and vegetables to prevent scurvy which caused weeping sores and tooth loss and gangrene.
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:09 2012] : Mordecai: "I pity the folks here if we don't get help"
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:10 2012] : Kava: oocc Gangrene?
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:13 2012] : DM: And you talk to the sailors they start to mutter about finding a way out.
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:33 2012] : Mordecai: ooc anaerobic bacteriosis
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:39 2012] : DM: ooc infection causing flesh to decay.
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:46 2012] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Feb 15 19:56:48 2012] : Mordecai: ooc that too ;-)
[Wed Feb 15 19:57:03 2012] : Kava: ooc I know what it is: but from malnutrition? I thought it was from infected wounds
[Wed Feb 15 19:57:11 2012] : Kava: Kava jumps on a table to attracts the attention of everyone present and starts talking
[Wed Feb 15 19:57:14 2012] : Kava: Athletics: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16
[Wed Feb 15 19:57:36 2012] : Kava: "Listen, not all is lost, we can help if you help us"
[Wed Feb 15 19:58:02 2012] : DM: You leap isn't quite as impressive as you were aiming for and the wobble awkwardly.
[Wed Feb 15 19:58:25 2012] : Kava: ooc But it attracts attention
[Wed Feb 15 19:59:03 2012] : DM: ooc yeah, I see where you are going. I'll down grade the DC to medium.
[Wed Feb 15 19:59:24 2012] : DM: Kava, leaps on a table, everyone turns and looks at her to see what you have to say.
[Wed Feb 15 19:59:40 2012] : DM: Donessh?
[Wed Feb 15 20:01:14 2012] : Donessh: Donessh tries to persuade a few people that our cause was true and possible (diplomacy)
[Wed Feb 15 20:01:16 2012] : Donessh: Diplomacy: [1d20(15) + 4] = 19
[Wed Feb 15 20:01:33 2012] : Donessh: ooc feasible rather than possible
[Wed Feb 15 20:02:08 2012] : Donessh: ooc we need a bard!
[Wed Feb 15 20:02:23 2012] : DM: One of the captains, a woman called Eliza nods thoughtfully.
[Wed Feb 15 20:02:34 2012] : Kava: ooc Where's Huerney when you need him? Entertaining the gods, no doubt
[Wed Feb 15 20:03:12 2012] : Eliza: "Aye, it does no one any good to be stuck here. Making no money and running out of food but what else can be done with that monster out there?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:03:23 2012] : Eliza: Filica?
[Wed Feb 15 20:03:28 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I have diplomacy as a class^h^h^h^h^h trained skill
[Wed Feb 15 20:04:34 2012] : Filica: ooc thinking
[Wed Feb 15 20:05:45 2012] : Eliza: ooc perhaps something with nature?
[Wed Feb 15 20:06:01 2012] : Filica: ooc will what we've learned about the thing fall under nature?
[Wed Feb 15 20:06:08 2012] : Eliza: ooc yep
[Wed Feb 15 20:06:17 2012] : Kava: ooc Tell them about monsters from the deep and how to deal with them
[Wed Feb 15 20:06:24 2012] : Filica: Filica takes up Eliza on her question
[Wed Feb 15 20:07:35 2012] : Filica: "We know a way to take care of this monster. It's not going to be easy, it's going to be dangerous, but it is but an animal after all, if enormous and deadly."
[Wed Feb 15 20:07:51 2012] : Filica: (using nature to embellisch all we can do to get rid of this monster)
[Wed Feb 15 20:07:53 2012] : Filica: Nature: [1d20(2) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 12
[Wed Feb 15 20:08:03 2012] : Filica: ooc embellish
[Wed Feb 15 20:08:11 2012] : Eliza: ooc you're lucky I'm using the DC from the errata!
[Wed Feb 15 20:08:26 2012] : Filica: ooc the dice gods are against me, pffft
[Wed Feb 15 20:08:51 2012] : Eliza: Filica then goes on to explain how as a deep water creature its practically blind and relies on smell to locate its prey.
[Wed Feb 15 20:09:28 2012] : Eliza: "Interesting," Eliza muses. "Is there some way we can use its sense of smell against it?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:09:28 2012] : Filica: ooc and how covering ourselves in algae will probably help us get past it
[Wed Feb 15 20:09:31 2012] : Filica: ooc or something
[Wed Feb 15 20:09:57 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Feb 15 20:10:01 2012] : Eliza: Mordecai?
[Wed Feb 15 20:10:21 2012] : Mordecai: "The kuo-toa treat this as a god, but I say that it is not. Our gods will keep us safe through the power invested in parties such as us"
[Wed Feb 15 20:10:22 2012] : Mordecai: Religion: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16
[Wed Feb 15 20:10:59 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai indicates himself and Donessh and the others
[Wed Feb 15 20:11:34 2012] : DM: "Aye, you have a point but the gods of the River help those who help themselves."
[Wed Feb 15 20:11:48 2012] : Eliza: Kava?
[Wed Feb 15 20:11:51 2012] : Kava: Kava starts regaling about heroes of yore and how they succeeded against all odds, through courage and determination (and slight despair)
[Wed Feb 15 20:11:53 2012] : Kava: History: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25
[Wed Feb 15 20:12:30 2012] : Kava: ooc That should be 27, actually
[Wed Feb 15 20:13:00 2012] : Eliza: Kava tells of a rousing tale that has the whole room fired up and cheering.
[Wed Feb 15 20:13:23 2012] : DM: "Alright! Let's do this!"
[Wed Feb 15 20:13:27 2012] : Sorry I don't know what /nickeliza is!
[Wed Feb 15 20:13:44 2012] : Kava: ooc Who needs a bard? :P
[Wed Feb 15 20:14:29 2012] : Eliza: She instructs her first mate to find find all the pitch available in the harbour.
[Wed Feb 15 20:14:55 2012] : Eliza: "Paint the ship with it. Lay it on thick. We sail a dusk!"
[Wed Feb 15 20:15:29 2012] : DM: ooc what did you guys think? Did it go alright?
[Wed Feb 15 20:15:44 2012] : Mordecai: ooc yup
[Wed Feb 15 20:16:03 2012] : Donessh: ooc yeah. much better in 'rounds'
[Wed Feb 15 20:16:28 2012] : Donessh: ooc whats the criteria for completion?
[Wed Feb 15 20:16:31 2012] : Kava: ooc I liked it
[Wed Feb 15 20:16:42 2012] : DM: ooc 8 successes before 4 failures.
[Wed Feb 15 20:16:59 2012] : Donessh: ooc ah ok
[Wed Feb 15 20:17:47 2012] : DM: You have plenty of time before dusk, do you have anything you want to do before leaving?
[Wed Feb 15 20:17:49 2012] : Kava: ooc David: did you think that my jump was intended as a show of my prowess?
[Wed Feb 15 20:18:21 2012] : Kava: "Do we need preparation before we leave?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:18:34 2012] : DM: ooc yeah, something like that.
[Wed Feb 15 20:19:29 2012] : Kava: ooc OK, I see now :)
[Wed Feb 15 20:19:58 2012] : Donessh: "We should tell Miranda and perhaps, Mordecai a little prayer before we depart"
[Wed Feb 15 20:20:04 2012] : Filica: ooc on phone
[Wed Feb 15 20:20:46 2012] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 15 20:21:09 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai leads some prayers for a successful voyage
[Wed Feb 15 20:23:08 2012] : DM: ooc fast forward?
[Wed Feb 15 20:23:29 2012] : Kava: ooc OK
[Wed Feb 15 20:24:48 2012] : DM: At dusk you assemble my Eliza's sleek ship. Every available surface has been liberally painted in pitch and it smells awful, the chemicals make your eyes water.
[Wed Feb 15 20:25:18 2012] : Kava: "Filica: are you sure this will help?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:25:32 2012] : Donessh: ooc brb
[Wed Feb 15 20:25:56 2012] : Kava: Kava wrinkles her nose disgustedly
[Wed Feb 15 20:26:19 2012] : Eliza: "Climb aboard and let's cast off. I'm only taking a skeleton crew just in case but I hope the smell keeps the kraken at bay."
[Wed Feb 15 20:27:14 2012] : Eliza: You board and the vessel is some underway. Gliding smoothly through the calm waters of the harbour.
[Wed Feb 15 20:27:16 2012] : Mordecai: "OK"
[Wed Feb 15 20:27:20 2012] : Kava: "That's what I hope and expect"
[Wed Feb 15 20:27:37 2012] : DM: A crowd of onlookers has gathered on the dockside.
[Wed Feb 15 20:28:14 2012] : DM: The ship leaves the harbour and begins to pitch and roll through the low swell.
[Wed Feb 15 20:28:32 2012] : Donessh: ooc back
[Wed Feb 15 20:29:14 2012] : DM: Even with the minimal crew the ship makes quick progress and the shore is soon out of sight. Eliza steers the cours following the magic homing compass.
[Wed Feb 15 20:29:55 2012] : Kava: Kava stands besides Eliza, holding the compass
[Wed Feb 15 20:30:00 2012] : DM: Around midnight a crew whispers an alarm. A note of panic creeping into his voice.
[Wed Feb 15 20:30:37 2012] : DM: Out across the dark waters you see and large, dark shape rising out of the water.
[Wed Feb 15 20:31:07 2012] : Mordecai: Nature: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14
[Wed Feb 15 20:31:18 2012] : DM: It sinks beneath the waves again and the crew breath and sigh of relief.
[Wed Feb 15 20:31:27 2012] : DM: The kraken is near by!
[Wed Feb 15 20:32:05 2012] : Kava: Kava looks around for the others
[Wed Feb 15 20:32:55 2012] : Donessh: "I can't deny a certain apprehension"
[Wed Feb 15 20:33:08 2012] : DM: Five minutes later the kraken surfaces again, closer this time. An enormous eye, glinting in the pale moonlight, looks at you.
[Wed Feb 15 20:33:38 2012] : DM: Again the monster dives beneath the waves.
[Wed Feb 15 20:33:43 2012] : Kava: "I wish it was a bit further away"
[Wed Feb 15 20:34:25 2012] : Mordecai: "He seems to be sizing us up"
[Wed Feb 15 20:34:55 2012] : Eliza: "Shhhh!" whispers Eliza sharply.
[Wed Feb 15 20:35:52 2012] : Eliza: The crew, although nervous and afraid stay at the posts and keep on with the task of sailing the ship. Moving as quietly as possible. Whispering commands only when required.
[Wed Feb 15 20:36:45 2012] : DM: Another five minutes later and the ship shudders and groans and creaks.
[Wed Feb 15 20:37:26 2012] : Kava: Kava braces herself
[Wed Feb 15 20:37:33 2012] : Eliza: "Dear gods," whispers Eliza. "It's right beneath us." Her hands grip the ships wheel tightly, knuckles white.
[Wed Feb 15 20:39:07 2012] : Eliza: There's a crack of breaking timber as the kraken bumps against the ship again.
[Wed Feb 15 20:40:03 2012] : Eliza: Then it is gone.
[Wed Feb 15 20:40:06 2012] : Kava: Softly: "We'll make it"
[Wed Feb 15 20:41:00 2012] : DM: The tension remains through the rest of the night. The slightly sound making the crew jump.
[Wed Feb 15 20:41:53 2012] : DM: With the rising sun you see your destination.
[Wed Feb 15 20:42:38 2012] : Kava: "Do you think that's it?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:42:55 2012] : DM: A small forested island dominated by a ruined stone fortress.
[Wed Feb 15 20:43:25 2012] : Donessh: "We'll soon find out"
[Wed Feb 15 20:43:59 2012] : DM: Eliza steers the ship into a sheltered cove. Once the ship is safely anchored Eliza finally allows herself to relax.
[Wed Feb 15 20:44:26 2012] : Kava: "We'll be as quick as possible"
[Wed Feb 15 20:44:58 2012] : Eliza: "Never again!" she exclaims, her voice edged with hysteria. "Never again will I sail in the same waters as that Kraken."
[Wed Feb 15 20:45:42 2012] : Eliza: The crew lose no time in lowering a small boat and clambering down.
[Wed Feb 15 20:46:24 2012] : DM: 15 minutes later and you're all ashore on a small sandy beach. The close forest looming close.
[Wed Feb 15 20:46:36 2012] : Donessh: "Your crew have done you proud Eliza. Thank you all"
[Wed Feb 15 20:47:24 2012] : Kava: "We coudn't do this without your heroic effort"
[Wed Feb 15 20:47:32 2012] : Eliza: "Well, I'll certainly have a story to tell the grandchildren."
[Wed Feb 15 20:47:51 2012] : Mordecai: "Let's see where this compass takes us"
[Wed Feb 15 20:48:08 2012] : Kava: "Enough to never be thirsty in any inn, that's for sure"
[Wed Feb 15 20:48:15 2012] : Eliza: The compass points towards the ruins.
[Wed Feb 15 20:48:54 2012] : Mordecai: "That ruin looks favourite"
[Wed Feb 15 20:49:17 2012] : Donessh: "We should circle around it a little to get a better idea of the location"
[Wed Feb 15 20:49:22 2012] : Kava: "Favourite with whom?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:50:12 2012] : Donessh: "The compass"
[Wed Feb 15 20:51:04 2012] : Mordecai: Mordecai nods
[Wed Feb 15 20:51:22 2012] : Mordecai: "Well, it's not going to explore itself"
[Wed Feb 15 20:51:53 2012] : Kava: "Let's approach then, cautiously"
[Wed Feb 15 20:53:12 2012] : DM: You can reach the fortress thought the trees or circle around the island.
[Wed Feb 15 20:53:53 2012] : Donessh: "Lets circle round a little. No need to be rash"
[Wed Feb 15 20:54:47 2012] : Kava: Grinning: "Why not?"
[Wed Feb 15 20:55:24 2012] : DM: ooc this has gone quicker than I thought and there's supposed to be encounter now but I've not really thought about it. Do you mind if we end early?
[Wed Feb 15 20:55:32 2012] : Donessh: ooc lol
[Wed Feb 15 20:55:55 2012] : Filica: ooc darn, just when I come back! :D
[Wed Feb 15 20:56:00 2012] : Mordecai: ooc nope - We've got guests
[Wed Feb 15 20:56:01 2012] : Kava: ooc Since FlexiRPG now works for me, there's not a lot I mind ATM
[Wed Feb 15 20:56:10 2012] : Donessh: ooc should've let us go shopping in town instead of hitting ffwd :)
[Wed Feb 15 20:56:18 2012] : Kava: ooc KMAO
[Wed Feb 15 20:56:36 2012] : Mordecai: ooc that always takes up hours
[Wed Feb 15 20:56:50 2012] : Donessh: pity we've (ie me) no money
[Wed Feb 15 20:57:17 2012] : Mordecai: ooc nor me
[Wed Feb 15 20:57:42 2012] : Kava: ooc What's money?
[Wed Feb 15 20:57:56 2012] : Donessh: ooc its the stuff you get in 3.5e ;)
[Wed Feb 15 20:57:56 2012] : DM: GAME END