Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jan 18 19:30:47 2012] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Jan 18 19:31:53 2012] : DM: You've spent the last few days in town, shopping and relaxing and so on after thwarting several assassination attempts on town council members.
[Wed Jan 18 19:34:07 2012] : Donessh: brb
[Wed Jan 18 19:34:58 2012] : Mordecai: ooc shopping? did we have money?
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:06 2012] : DM: You know the attacks were organised by some as yet know person or group of shadar-kai from the Plane of Shadows but the only lead you have at the moment the the mercenary company who carried out the attacks.
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:20 2012] : Filica (enter): 19:35
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:37 2012] : Filica: bonsoir et bonne année :)
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:42 2012] : Filica: sorry for the delay
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:46 2012] : Filica: kids and all.
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:47 2012] : DM: ooc Didn't I give reward and stuff at the end of the last adventure?
[Wed Jan 18 19:35:57 2012] : Filica: ooc oops, are we in game already?
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:01 2012] : Altraminus: ooc good evening to everyone as well!
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:01 2012] : Mordecai: ooc not as far as I could see
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:02 2012] : DM: ooc Hi Delphine.
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:09 2012] : Altraminus: ooc yes, we are - but only by 5 min
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:14 2012] : Filica: ooc good :)
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:24 2012] : Kava: ooc Hi Delphine :D Happy New Year
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:27 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (45) Filica...
[Wed Jan 18 19:36:58 2012] : DM: ooc ok, I'll have to sort that out later (it won't impact today's game).
[Wed Jan 18 19:38:09 2012] : Donessh: ooc sorry, door
[Wed Jan 18 19:39:24 2012] : Mordecai: ooc OK, cheers DM
[Wed Jan 18 19:39:36 2012] : DM: One evening, while you're talking over plans and having a drink at the inn a town guards bursts through the door.
[Wed Jan 18 19:39:55 2012] : DM: He's been running and looks panicked.
[Wed Jan 18 19:39:58 2012] : Kava: ooc Hi Henry, great to see you
[Wed Jan 18 19:40:44 2012] : Guard: "You there!" he says to your group. "Come quickly, down to the docks! There's a sea monster attacking!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:41:01 2012] : Donessh: "A sea monster?!?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:41:06 2012] : Altraminus: "And it's us that has to do the job, I suppose."
[Wed Jan 18 19:41:21 2012] : Altraminus: Altraminus grumbles, but he still puts down his beer and gets down off the stool.
[Wed Jan 18 19:41:34 2012] : Guard: "Tenatcles longer than a boat! Eyes as big as dinner plates!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:41:36 2012] : Altraminus: "I never wanted to be a hero; I just wanted to see the world!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:41:47 2012] : Donessh: Donessh jumps to his feet and goes for his gear
[Wed Jan 18 19:42:01 2012] : Altraminus: "Mind you, that does sound like something I've never seen before. Maybe we should have a look. I wonder if it'll be friends with me."
[Wed Jan 18 19:42:01 2012] : Kava: "Monsters!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:42:18 2012] : Kava: Kava's eyes glitter with excitement
[Wed Jan 18 19:42:19 2012] : Donessh: ooc are there still rediculous time scales for donning armour?
[Wed Jan 18 19:42:38 2012] : Guard: ooc I think so.
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:07 2012] : Filica: "Interesting friends you wish yourself here Al"
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:17 2012] : Filica: "Tentacles longer than a boat..."
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:23 2012] : Altraminus: "Well, we could go on rides around the bay. Imagine it!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:35 2012] : Altraminus: Al's eyes shine with excitement.
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:43 2012] : Filica: Filica looks at Al's and her size...
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:54 2012] : Filica: ooc darn, i've got this scroll problem again!
[Wed Jan 18 19:43:57 2012] : Guard: "It's destroying ships! It doesn't want to be friends!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:44:19 2012] : Donessh: Donessh decides there is no time to don his armour and grabs what he can
[Wed Jan 18 19:44:33 2012] : Filica: "OK, ok ok, we'll get to it. But what tells you we can do anything?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:44:38 2012] : Altraminus: "Well, let's go and have a look."
[Wed Jan 18 19:44:59 2012] : Filica: ooc are we still level 4? or did we "graduate"? ;)
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:03 2012] : Guard: ooc level 5
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:20 2012] : Kava: ooc We just graduated, David told us today
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:32 2012] : Filica: ooc ohhhh darn, I'm still level 5, what do I need to add (apart from the level number, obviously)
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:42 2012] : Kava: Kava starts running towards the harbour
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:46 2012] : Kava: "Come on"
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:47 2012] : Donessh: ooc 1 daily power
[Wed Jan 18 19:45:51 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I did the update ages ago, what exactly do we get at level 5?
[Wed Jan 18 19:46:03 2012] : Kava: ooc 1 daily power
[Wed Jan 18 19:46:23 2012] : Donessh: Donessh runs after Kava
[Wed Jan 18 19:46:46 2012] : Filica: ooc k
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:00 2012] : DM: As you near the docks you hear the heavy thump and crack of timbers and screams from panicked people.
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:04 2012] : Altraminus: Al runs as fast as his little legs will carry him
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:14 2012] : Altraminus: "Never fear, WE are here!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:33 2012] : Filica: Filica looks around to try and get a vantage point
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:43 2012] : Filica: (looking for anything that's above the docks and a bit accessible)
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:46 2012] : Altraminus: Al shouts, before continuing in a normal voice. "We need a name. The fantastic five, maybe?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:47:57 2012] : Filica: ooc roflmao
[Wed Jan 18 19:48:01 2012] : DM: You reach the docs and see a massive, mottled greenish brown tentacle lashing at a ship, it's masts already snapped like twigs.
[Wed Jan 18 19:48:13 2012] : DM: its
[Wed Jan 18 19:48:57 2012] : Altraminus: "Um. Can we do anything about that?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:49:20 2012] : Altraminus: Al runs down towards the shorefront, ready to try to distract the tentacle.
[Wed Jan 18 19:49:38 2012] : Kava: "What is it?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:49:45 2012] : DM: The tentacle sweeps across the desk sending the poor sailors sweeping into the water. The main bulk of the monster looms above the surface and a cavernous mouth opens, swallowing three screaming sailors with a single gulp.
[Wed Jan 18 19:49:53 2012] : Kava: Kava stares at the tentacle
[Wed Jan 18 19:49:59 2012] : Kava: Nature: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jan 18 19:50:12 2012] : Altraminus: "Oh, I do hope we don't have to kill it from the inside!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:50:19 2012] : Altraminus: Nature: [1d20(18) + 0 + 2] = 20
[Wed Jan 18 19:50:23 2012] : Filica: Nature: [1d20(20) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 30
[Wed Jan 18 19:50:35 2012] : Kava: "Let's start with the outside and take it from there"
[Wed Jan 18 19:50:40 2012] : DM: The monster sinks beneath the waves and the seething water quietens and becomes calm.
[Wed Jan 18 19:50:44 2012] : Mordecai: Nature: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25
[Wed Jan 18 19:51:01 2012] : Altraminus: "Well, either it's got what it came for or it's planning something."
[Wed Jan 18 19:51:02 2012] : DM: The striken ship sinks as the survivours swim for the shore.
[Wed Jan 18 19:51:02 2012] : Donessh: "Thats odd"
[Wed Jan 18 19:51:09 2012] : DM: stricken
[Wed Jan 18 19:51:50 2012] : DM: Miranda hurrys up to you.
[Wed Jan 18 19:51:51 2012] : Kava: "Did anybody recognise what that creature was?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:52:11 2012] : Miranda: "I see I've come to late as well."
[Wed Jan 18 19:52:27 2012] : Filica: ooc /me points at the amazing nature skills checks :P
[Wed Jan 18 19:52:30 2012] : Miranda: "I saw the beast from my tower and hurried here as fast as I could."
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:04 2012] : Miranda: "Such a beast I have never seen before. Filica, do you know anything about such a creature?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:06 2012] : Donessh: Donessh dives in to help the survivors
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:06 2012] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:25 2012] : Kava: Kava assists Donesh
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:28 2012] : Altraminus: ooc good thing Donessh didn't have time to get his armour on...
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:36 2012] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:37 2012] : Donessh: ooc was thinking that :)
[Wed Jan 18 19:53:53 2012] : Mordecai: "and now it's gone"
[Wed Jan 18 19:54:21 2012] : Filica: "I believe I have heard of such things. I have not seen one myself, but there was this sailor in my hometown. Retired he was, and he described something just like it"
[Wed Jan 18 19:54:50 2012] : Filica: "The story was passed on from his father"
[Wed Jan 18 19:55:08 2012] : Filica: "I was young, he drew it for us, we were kids andd revelling in such stories"
[Wed Jan 18 19:55:13 2012] : Filica: "Basically, a legend"
[Wed Jan 18 19:55:18 2012] : Altraminus: ooc "In the town, where I was born/lived a man who sailed to sea"
[Wed Jan 18 19:55:34 2012] : Filica: "Something that comes up every hundred years or so, from the depths of the Great River"
[Wed Jan 18 19:55:53 2012] : Donessh: Donessh returns to the others, dripping
[Wed Jan 18 19:55:54 2012] : Filica: "A sea monster of sorts"
[Wed Jan 18 19:56:19 2012] : Filica: "And it stays, and haunts shores and harbours for weeks or months or even years on end"
[Wed Jan 18 19:56:24 2012] : Filica: "Until they disappear again"
[Wed Jan 18 19:57:20 2012] : Filica: "Something... well, not to be tempered with"
[Wed Jan 18 19:57:30 2012] : Filica: "But I guess it's our thing isn't it Al?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:57:37 2012] : Filica: "We just go ahead and ask no questions"
[Wed Jan 18 19:57:42 2012] : Donessh: "Anything in the tales about how to get rid of it?"
[Wed Jan 18 19:57:55 2012] : Filica: "The fantastic five indeed, until we're just the fantastic four, and three and..."
[Wed Jan 18 19:58:11 2012] : Kava: Kava follows Donessh
[Wed Jan 18 19:58:27 2012] : Filica: "I remember the sailor calling it Krakow, or Kraken, or something along those lines"
[Wed Jan 18 19:58:28 2012] : Altraminus: "Well, if it was to stay for five minutes we'd be sorted out. I still think it'd make a great pet. Imagine if we had our own ship! We could build a floating castle on the monster's back, and sail the seas!"
[Wed Jan 18 19:58:32 2012] : Filica: "Not sure, it has many names"
[Wed Jan 18 19:58:54 2012] : Kava: "Krakow? That's a strange name"
[Wed Jan 18 19:59:13 2012] : Filica: ""Maybe Kraken, again, it probably has as many names as there are tales about it"
[Wed Jan 18 19:59:17 2012] : Altraminus: Al's voice tails off a little. "Besides, Fantastic Three doesn't work. We'd need to be something like the Thrilling Three. Or you would if I wasn't one of the lucky ones."
[Wed Jan 18 19:59:22 2012] : Miranda: ooc Al appears to have sustained a severe bump on the head.
[Wed Jan 18 19:59:30 2012] : Altraminus: ooc Al's always like this!
[Wed Jan 18 19:59:38 2012] : Kava: ooc He always babbles
[Wed Jan 18 19:59:48 2012] : Altraminus: ooc it's part of his "charm"
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:12 2012] : Filica: "And frankly, all I've heard are horror stories. Not heroes killing the thing"
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:16 2012] : Miranda: ooc Al apears to have sustained a severse bump on the head as a child. ;)
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:21 2012] : Filica: "Which makes sense, if the thing is still here"
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:27 2012] : Filica: ooc rofl
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:29 2012] : Kava: ooc More than 1, presumably
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:41 2012] : Altraminus: ooc he's like a cross between Belkar and Elan.
[Wed Jan 18 20:00:56 2012] : Donessh: ooc dear lord!
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:00 2012] : Altraminus: "Hm. Yes. Not many things get killed twice."
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:07 2012] : Filica: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:08 2012] : Kava: ooc But not evil (I hope)
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:10 2012] : Altraminus: "So can we send it away?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:26 2012] : Altraminus: ooc he's not evil - either that or he's got a really handy lead sheet!
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:28 2012] : Kava: "What could it want from this town?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:49 2012] : Miranda: "I know of a old retried pirate captain who has spent his retirement collecting old sea tales."
[Wed Jan 18 20:01:54 2012] : Donessh: "And even if we knew how to get rid of it, how we find it underwater?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:02:41 2012] : Altraminus: "Does it actually want things, or does it just get hungry and want a snack?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:02:55 2012] : Altraminus: "I know I'd want a snack after sleeping for a hundred years!"
[Wed Jan 18 20:02:58 2012] : Mordecai: ooc presumably he was acquitted in the second trial ;-)
[Wed Jan 18 20:03:08 2012] : Miranda: "Perhaps he has found something out that would be useful as I cannot see how such a monster could be defeated."
[Wed Jan 18 20:03:29 2012] : Mordecai: "It certainly seems out of our league"
[Wed Jan 18 20:03:31 2012] : Miranda: ooc Mordecai, huh?
[Wed Jan 18 20:03:41 2012] : Kava: "There's no harm in talking to him"
[Wed Jan 18 20:03:52 2012] : Mordecai: "even if we were able to hit it, it could submerge"
[Wed Jan 18 20:04:03 2012] : Mordecai: ooc retried pirate captain
[Wed Jan 18 20:04:33 2012] : Donessh: "Where can we find him, Miranda?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:04:58 2012] : Filica: "Donessh, I don't think we find it, I think it finds us"
[Wed Jan 18 20:05:15 2012] : Filica: "Pirate sounds good"
[Wed Jan 18 20:05:16 2012] : Kava: ooc It's not Captain Jack, is it?
[Wed Jan 18 20:05:19 2012] : Miranda: "He lives in this ramshackle old manor house three days sail to the west."
[Wed Jan 18 20:06:17 2012] : Miranda: "No, the east, sorry."
[Wed Jan 18 20:06:29 2012] : Donessh: "So in order to find out about this sea monster, we have to risk being attacked by the sea monster."
[Wed Jan 18 20:06:48 2012] : Miranda: "You could travel by foot."
[Wed Jan 18 20:06:50 2012] : Mordecai: "We need to sail there?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:07:03 2012] : Mordecai: "Sounds much safer"
[Wed Jan 18 20:07:13 2012] : Kava: "And how many days would it be by foot?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:07:20 2012] : Filica: "Yes, not too close to the water"
[Wed Jan 18 20:07:46 2012] : Miranda: "The lands further to the east are wild and untamed and the roads and bad. Two weeks perhaps?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:08:04 2012] : Altraminus: "Better than sailing, I think, with that thing on the rampage!"
[Wed Jan 18 20:08:08 2012] : Donessh: "Neither option is particularly attractive"
[Wed Jan 18 20:08:29 2012] : Kava: "3 weeks on foot is plenty of time to get attacked again and again"
[Wed Jan 18 20:08:43 2012] : Kava: "We might as well sail there"
[Wed Jan 18 20:08:56 2012] : Mordecai: "Two weeks each way could be too long"
[Wed Jan 18 20:09:39 2012] : Miranda: "You will need to be very persuasive I think to get anybody to sail."
[Wed Jan 18 20:10:03 2012] : Filica: "indeed. Actually, you'll need to be very persuasive to get *me* to sail"
[Wed Jan 18 20:10:06 2012] : Filica: "Just sayin'"
[Wed Jan 18 20:10:11 2012] : Miranda: ooc which reminds me. the DMG errata massively reduces the DCs for things like skill challenges.
[Wed Jan 18 20:10:46 2012] : Altraminus: "I think riding would be best."
[Wed Jan 18 20:11:47 2012] : Filica: "Riding sounds good."
[Wed Jan 18 20:12:17 2012] : Donessh: "How about we see if we can even get anyone to sail before making our minds up"
[Wed Jan 18 20:12:24 2012] : Kava: "Better get us some horses then"
[Wed Jan 18 20:12:52 2012] : Miranda: "I imagine the town will be more than happy to provide horses."
[Wed Jan 18 20:13:50 2012] : Mordecai: "Good, my funds are low"
[Wed Jan 18 20:14:15 2012] : Altraminus: "Mine, too - too much spending on beer!"
[Wed Jan 18 20:14:28 2012] : Donessh: "As are mine"
[Wed Jan 18 20:14:43 2012] : Filica: "And mine"
[Wed Jan 18 20:14:51 2012] : Filica: "Poor adveturers, I suppose that's a cliché"
[Wed Jan 18 20:15:24 2012] : Donessh: "All the adventuring tales I heard as a child talked about riches"
[Wed Jan 18 20:16:03 2012] : Kava: "Perhaps we're doing it wrong?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:16:13 2012] : Altraminus: "Riches and riddles, though, and it's a long time since we solved any riddles."
[Wed Jan 18 20:16:15 2012] : Kava: Kava grins
[Wed Jan 18 20:16:28 2012] : Miranda: ooc some of the magic items you have are probably many years wages for regular folk.
[Wed Jan 18 20:16:53 2012] : Altraminus: ooc yes, but we want MORE! (We're adventurers, see :)
[Wed Jan 18 20:17:04 2012] : Filica: ooc I think that 4E has lost the shopping side though
[Wed Jan 18 20:17:23 2012] : Filica: ooc which I liked ;)
[Wed Jan 18 20:17:37 2012] : Kava: ooc And we never go around to dividing the loot and counting our money
[Wed Jan 18 20:18:15 2012] : Altraminus: "Never mind the riches, let's go and save the world. Again."
[Wed Jan 18 20:18:23 2012] : Donessh: ooc we need to lose some morals and send Al out theiving
[Wed Jan 18 20:19:07 2012] : Kava: ooc KMAO
[Wed Jan 18 20:19:18 2012] : Donessh: "So, horseback?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:19:20 2012] : Filica: ooc I need a comments field in the nodes. I have a +1 on all my attacks, and have no clue why.... (I forgot)
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:18 2012] : Miranda: ooc magic weapon?
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:26 2012] : Filica: ooc or is there such a thing as an "attack modifier"
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:29 2012] : Filica: ooc o.O
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:39 2012] : Filica: ooc combat will be the death of me.
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:40 2012] : Mordecai: "Horseback sounds OK"
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:42 2012] : Altraminus: "Horseback!"
[Wed Jan 18 20:20:48 2012] : Filica: "Horseback, definitely"
[Wed Jan 18 20:21:03 2012] : Filica: "I used to ride everyday, and I haven't in way too long anyway"
[Wed Jan 18 20:21:34 2012] : Donessh: ooc I always create named variables for any modifiers.
[Wed Jan 18 20:21:56 2012] : Filica: ooc actually, I do too, just this one :(
[Wed Jan 18 20:22:21 2012] : Donessh: ooc +1 awesomeness bonus
[Wed Jan 18 20:22:38 2012] : Filica: ooc \o/ thanks!
[Wed Jan 18 20:22:47 2012] : Donessh: ooc could've been a temporary one that you just stuck in to save time and forgot to remove
[Wed Jan 18 20:23:10 2012] : Filica: ooc nope, not my style
[Wed Jan 18 20:23:35 2012] : Altraminus: ooc are we getting sidetracked?
[Wed Jan 18 20:23:56 2012] : Donessh: ooc us? sidetracked? never!
[Wed Jan 18 20:24:00 2012] : Filica: "So who should we ask for the horses exactly?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:24:25 2012] : Miranda: ooc feel free to get sidetracked. I completely forgot about having to fill the journey with a random encounter or two.
[Wed Jan 18 20:24:53 2012] : Mordecai: Spiritual Weapon: (EP). Wisdom vs. AC [1d20(7) + 7] = 14 (range 10). Hit: [1d10(4) + 5] = 9 radiant damage.
Effect: Spiritual holy symbol occupies enemies space and grants combat advantage.

[Wed Jan 18 20:24:54 2012] : Donessh: ooc lol
[Wed Jan 18 20:25:05 2012] : Mordecai: ooc oops
[Wed Jan 18 20:25:22 2012] : Filica: Hunter fighting style (MP2): Quickdraw: You can draw a weapon as part of the same action used to attack with that weapon. In addition, you can sheathe a weapon as a free action and gain a +4 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks you provoke by making a ranged attack
[Wed Jan 18 20:26:10 2012] : ** Altraminus found the F11 macro key **
[Wed Jan 18 20:26:40 2012] : Miranda: "I shall go and arrange the horses for you. I'll meet you by the eastern gate."
[Wed Jan 18 20:27:03 2012] : Filica: Lethal Hunter (lvl4): Hunter's Quarry damage dice increases to d8s
[Wed Jan 18 20:27:05 2012] : Donessh: Thank you Miranda"
[Wed Jan 18 20:27:19 2012] : Altraminus: "Let's go then!"
[Wed Jan 18 20:27:22 2012] : Filica: ooc sorry
[Wed Jan 18 20:28:17 2012] : Filica: ooc omg I'm dumb. It's the bow that's +1. That would be +1 on attack, right?
[Wed Jan 18 20:28:22 2012] : Kava: "Riding is not something I love"
[Wed Jan 18 20:28:33 2012] : Kava: ooc And to damage
[Wed Jan 18 20:29:06 2012] : DM: ooc yes.
[Wed Jan 18 20:29:33 2012] : DM: ooc fast-forward...
[Wed Jan 18 20:30:28 2012] : Mordecai: ooc and damage
[Wed Jan 18 20:30:40 2012] : DM: Despite hearing all sorts of creatures about you in the low scrub and small thickets along the faded and overgrown coast road you travel for a week on your borrowed horses without any incident.
[Wed Jan 18 20:30:47 2012] : Kava: ooc I already said that :P
[Wed Jan 18 20:31:02 2012] : Mordecai: ooc oh yeah
[Wed Jan 18 20:32:10 2012] : DM: Just as the sun touches the western horizon over the Great River you see the rundown, sprawling manor house perched precariously on the clifftop.
[Wed Jan 18 20:32:25 2012] : Kava: ooc Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
[Wed Jan 18 20:32:44 2012] : DM: Despite the growing dark, no lights are lit and no smoke comes from any of the crooked chimneys.
[Wed Jan 18 20:32:51 2012] : Altraminus: "Haven't we been here before?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:33:33 2012] : DM: You did pass the opal mine on your way.
[Wed Jan 18 20:33:48 2012] : Donessh: "Looks deserted"
[Wed Jan 18 20:34:20 2012] : Mordecai: Strange place for someone to live"
[Wed Jan 18 20:35:01 2012] : Filica: "If they live"
[Wed Jan 18 20:35:13 2012] : Filica: "This place does not look like it has seen traces of life in a long time"
[Wed Jan 18 20:35:21 2012] : Filica: ooc where are we exactly?
[Wed Jan 18 20:35:38 2012] : Filica: ooc never mind
[Wed Jan 18 20:35:50 2012] : Altraminus: "Fancy stopping here for the night? There's some walls to keep off the worst of the wind..."
[Wed Jan 18 20:35:53 2012] : Filica: ooc and I meant like: far away from the manor, or in the courtyard
[Wed Jan 18 20:36:01 2012] : Filica: "Sounds good"
[Wed Jan 18 20:36:56 2012] : Kava: "Yes, let's get some sleep"
[Wed Jan 18 20:37:24 2012] : Donessh: ooc this is our destination, right?
[Wed Jan 18 20:37:50 2012] : DM: You approach the manor along the rutted and overgrown trackway. The main gates into the courtyard are ajar, the left gate slowly swinging in the breeze and creaking eerily.
[Wed Jan 18 20:38:39 2012] : Donessh: "This is all very odd"
[Wed Jan 18 20:38:44 2012] : DM: ooc going into the courtyard or looking around some more?
[Wed Jan 18 20:38:57 2012] : Altraminus: "Hmm, just a moment!"
[Wed Jan 18 20:38:58 2012] : Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(1) + 0 + 2 + 5] = 8
[Wed Jan 18 20:39:17 2012] : DM: You don't spot anything.
[Wed Jan 18 20:39:18 2012] : Altraminus: Al looks around and manages to poke himself in the eye with a handy twig
[Wed Jan 18 20:39:24 2012] : Kava: Kava takes a good look around
[Wed Jan 18 20:39:25 2012] : Kava: Perception: [1d20(17) + 2] = 19
[Wed Jan 18 20:39:40 2012] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Wed Jan 18 20:39:53 2012] : Filica: Filica cautiously looks at the gate and tries to make out if it's been opened recently or if it's been like this for long
[Wed Jan 18 20:40:03 2012] : Kava: "I wish somebody had oiled that gate"
[Wed Jan 18 20:40:05 2012] : Filica: ooc trying to look for rust and such
[Wed Jan 18 20:40:17 2012] : Filica: Nature: [1d20(4) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 14
[Wed Jan 18 20:40:54 2012] : Filica: Filica also looks for tracks around the gate to make out any tracks, fresh or old
[Wed Jan 18 20:41:03 2012] : Filica: Nature: [1d20(5) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 15
[Wed Jan 18 20:41:43 2012] : DM: Filica sees tracks in the ground but cannot identify them except that they're non human and quite recent.
[Wed Jan 18 20:41:46 2012] : Kava: "Somebody has been here recently"
[Wed Jan 18 20:41:49 2012] : Filica: ooc ah wait, should be perception no?
[Wed Jan 18 20:42:08 2012] : Filica: "Yes, I see that. Not a human though"
[Wed Jan 18 20:42:11 2012] : Altraminus: "Shall we leave them to it?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:42:13 2012] : Kava: Kava points at an axe in a chopping block
[Wed Jan 18 20:42:15 2012] : DM: The gate is old and weathered but otherwise perfectly servicable.
[Wed Jan 18 20:42:19 2012] : Kava: "Look, no rust"
[Wed Jan 18 20:43:11 2012] : Donessh: "I dont like this"
[Wed Jan 18 20:43:43 2012] : Filica: "I don't much either"
[Wed Jan 18 20:43:49 2012] : Kava: "We'll be safe behind that gate, if we have watches during the night"
[Wed Jan 18 20:43:58 2012] : Altraminus: "Reckon we can take them? Swords out, d'you reckon?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:44:42 2012] : DM: The manor itself has a large rectangular hall at its center and other buildings and rooms added other the centuries in a irregular, unplanned manner. Towards the rear overlooking the cliff is a squat rectangular tower.
[Wed Jan 18 20:44:44 2012] : Kava: "Sure we can, Al"
[Wed Jan 18 20:45:06 2012] : Altraminus: "Ah, let's look at the tower. They're usually a good place to set up camp."
[Wed Jan 18 20:45:12 2012] : Donessh: "Definitely be on guard"
[Wed Jan 18 20:45:26 2012] : Kava: "That tower looks like a good place to spend the night in, defensable"
[Wed Jan 18 20:45:59 2012] : Mordecai: "OK, if you say so"
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:07 2012] : Altraminus: "OK, let's have a look at it..."
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:14 2012] : Altraminus: Al sneaks off in the shadows
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:18 2012] : Altraminus: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:23 2012] : Altraminus: ooc cursed dice!
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:28 2012] : Filica: Filica dkeeps her bow firm in her hand
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:38 2012] : Filica: and follows Al
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:39 2012] : DM: How are you entering? Through the main door or looking for another way in? A window? Round the back? etc.
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:48 2012] : Filica: Stealth: [1d20(6) + 4 + 2 + 5] = 17
[Wed Jan 18 20:46:55 2012] : Kava: Kava dismounts and clasps her staff in her hand
[Wed Jan 18 20:47:01 2012] : Altraminus: Round the back of the tower
[Wed Jan 18 20:47:35 2012] : Donessh: Donessh hangs back and lets Al have a look
[Wed Jan 18 20:47:40 2012] : DM: Altraminus and Filica creep round the building towards the tower.
[Wed Jan 18 20:48:36 2012] : Mordecai has sent you a tree node...
[Wed Jan 18 20:48:49 2012] : DM: A set of steep stairs cut into the cliff decend into a small sheltered cove and a small dock. Peering over the cliff you see the masts of a small vessel sticking out of the water.
[Wed Jan 18 20:49:21 2012] : DM: The path from the cove leads around to the otherside of the tower to a doorway.
[Wed Jan 18 20:49:25 2012] : Altraminus: Al keeps a lookout for any signs of danger
[Wed Jan 18 20:49:27 2012] : Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(8) + 0 + 2 + 5] = 15
[Wed Jan 18 20:49:47 2012] : DM: The stout wooden door lies smashes to the ground.
[Wed Jan 18 20:50:29 2012] : DM: You see a spiral staircase leading from the hallway upwards and another doorway going to the rest of the house.
[Wed Jan 18 20:50:57 2012] : DM: >
[Wed Jan 18 20:51:13 2012] : Altraminus: Al sneaks back out to describe the layout to his allies
[Wed Jan 18 20:51:16 2012] : Filica: Perception: [1d20(17) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 27
[Wed Jan 18 20:51:26 2012] : Filica: ooc do the same as Al
[Wed Jan 18 20:52:12 2012] : DM: Filica spies many footprints about the doorway and on the path. Broad, webbed and clawed feet.
[Wed Jan 18 20:52:17 2012] : DM: ooc Nature check Filica.
[Wed Jan 18 20:52:31 2012] : Filica: Nature: [1d20(18) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 28
[Wed Jan 18 20:53:29 2012] : DM: Sahuagin prints. Evil, aquatic monsters known for raiding undefended coastal communities and smaller ships.
[Wed Jan 18 20:54:07 2012] : Filica: Filica goes back and tells her companions what she's discovered
[Wed Jan 18 20:54:15 2012] : DM: They are fierce, frenzied fighters with a rigid hierarchical society.
[Wed Jan 18 20:55:03 2012] : Mordecai: "Sounds like a problem looking for a solution"
[Wed Jan 18 20:55:22 2012] : Donessh: "Aye"
[Wed Jan 18 20:55:50 2012] : Kava (enter): 20:55
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:11 2012] : Kava: "Definitely be on guard tonight then"
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:12 2012] : Donessh: "Shall we check the ship first or the buildings?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:19 2012] : Altraminus (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:23 2012] : Kava: Booting '(45) Filica' from server...
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:24 2012] : Filica (exit): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:27 2012] : Altraminus: Booting '(40) DM' from server...
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:28 2012] : DM (exit): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:28 2012] : Game disconnected!
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:29 2012] : Game disconnected!
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:41 2012] : Locating server at pear.davidvrabel.org.uk:6774...
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:41 2012] : Game connected!
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:41 2012] : DM (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:41 2012] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to a FlexiNode server version 1.92.1. [Wed Jan 18 20:56:42 2012] : Moving to room 'Adventure Awaits'..
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:42 2012] : DM (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:42 2012] : Server Administrator->
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:42 2012] : Mordecai (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:43 2012] : Donessh (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:43 2012] : Kava (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:43 2012] : Kava (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:43 2012] : Altraminus (enter): 20:56
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:45 2012] : Altraminus: ooc whoops!
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:51 2012] : Altraminus: ooc sorry DM
[Wed Jan 18 20:56:52 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (48) DM...
[Wed Jan 18 20:57:01 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (46) Kava...
[Wed Jan 18 20:57:08 2012] : Donessh: "We have the element of surprise, why not attack now?"
[Wed Jan 18 20:57:11 2012] : Kava: Booting '(44) Kava' from server...
[Wed Jan 18 20:57:12 2012] : Kava (exit): 20:57
[Wed Jan 18 20:58:08 2012] : DM: ooc looks like someone also booted Filica by mistake.
[Wed Jan 18 21:02:55 2012] : Game disconnected!
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:45 2012] : Locating server at pear.davidvrabel.org.uk:6774...
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:46 2012] : Game connected!
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:46 2012] : DM (enter): 21:03
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:46 2012] : Donessh (enter): 21:03
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:46 2012] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to a FlexiNode server version 1.92.1. [Wed Jan 18 21:03:50 2012] : Mordecai (enter): 21:03
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:58 2012] : Moving to room 'Deserted Manor'..
[Wed Jan 18 21:03:59 2012] : DM (enter): 21:03
[Wed Jan 18 21:04:09 2012] : Mordecai (enter): 21:04
[Wed Jan 18 21:04:57 2012] : Donessh (enter): 21:04
[Wed Jan 18 21:05:00 2012] : Altraminus (enter): 21:05
[Wed Jan 18 21:05:07 2012] : Altraminus: ooc that's better
[Wed Jan 18 21:05:18 2012] : Kava (enter): 21:05
[Wed Jan 18 21:05:33 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (5) Kava...
[Wed Jan 18 21:05:43 2012] : Filica (enter): 21:05
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:19 2012] : DM: The last I saw was Donessh asking whether to check out the sunken ship or enter the tower.
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:21 2012] : DM: GAME RESUME
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:30 2012] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Filica...
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:35 2012] : Filica: ooc ok, I don't even know about a sunken ship
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:37 2012] : Altraminus: "I think we just go for the tower."
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:37 2012] : Filica: ooc never saw that
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:43 2012] : Altraminus: ooc it's in the harbour.
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:49 2012] : Kava: ooc Sunken ship?
[Wed Jan 18 21:06:59 2012] : Mordecai: "Indeed, take the initiative rather than wait to be ambushed"
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:04 2012] : DM: A set of steep stairs cut into the cliff decend into a small sheltered cove and a small dock. Peering over the cliff you see the masts of a small vessel sticking out of the water.
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:16 2012] : DM: The path from the cove leads around to the otherside of the tower to a doorway.
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:23 2012] : DM: The stout wooden door lies smashes to the ground.
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:33 2012] : DM: You see a spiral staircase leading from the hallway upwards and another doorway going to the rest of the house.
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:38 2012] : DM: Filica spies many footprints about the doorway and on the path. Broad, webbed and clawed feet.
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:44 2012] : DM: Sahuagin prints. Evil, aquatic monsters known for raiding undefended coastal communities and smaller ships.
[Wed Jan 18 21:07:52 2012] : DM: They are fierce, frenzied fighters with a rigid hierarchical society.
[Wed Jan 18 21:08:08 2012] : Filica: ooc weird, i saw the footprint part, but never saw the cove part earlier. :/
[Wed Jan 18 21:08:25 2012] : Kava: ooc Me neither *shrug*
[Wed Jan 18 21:08:27 2012] : Mordecai: "So presumably these beasts come from the water to here. But do they come here at night, or in the day..?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:08:43 2012] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Wed Jan 18 21:08:55 2012] : Mordecai: ooc nor me, but it is in my chat log above!
[Wed Jan 18 21:08:57 2012] : Altraminus: "No idea. But good question! Still, if they're not here now, the tower is defensible and makes a good ambush site."
[Wed Jan 18 21:09:11 2012] : Mordecai: "Good point Al"
[Wed Jan 18 21:09:15 2012] : Donessh: "Ok, lets check out the tower"
[Wed Jan 18 21:09:34 2012] : Kava: "Anything with just one entrance is better than camping out"
[Wed Jan 18 21:09:43 2012] : Filica: "At night"
[Wed Jan 18 21:09:47 2012] : Filica: "Definitely at night"
[Wed Jan 18 21:10:08 2012] : Filica: "We're probably pretty safe during the day, but we should make sure we've found a place for the night"
[Wed Jan 18 21:10:53 2012] : DM: It's getting dark now.
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:10 2012] : Donessh: "Lets go"
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:12 2012] : Altraminus: "I say we go for the tower."
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:30 2012] : Filica: "Twoer sounds good"
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:33 2012] : Altraminus: Al shifts his blades around and draws a shuriken."
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:35 2012] : Kava: "And fast. Better take the horses inside with us"
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:36 2012] : Filica: *tower
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:54 2012] : Filica: "Yes, makes sense"
[Wed Jan 18 21:11:54 2012] : Donessh: "lets make sure it clear before taking them in"
[Wed Jan 18 21:12:08 2012] : Filica: "Al, go ahead and look?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:12:11 2012] : DM: The spiral stairs lead up into library. Bookshelves have been thrown to the ground and books and papers are scattered everywhere.
[Wed Jan 18 21:12:19 2012] : Mordecai: "Hmm, at least the flatulent beasts will keep us warm"
[Wed Jan 18 21:12:40 2012] : Altraminus: "Yep!"
[Wed Jan 18 21:12:56 2012] : Altraminus: "We should tell Mirri about this."
[Wed Jan 18 21:13:09 2012] : DM: The stairs go up to another floor. Going up?
[Wed Jan 18 21:13:24 2012] : Altraminus: Yes again :)
[Wed Jan 18 21:13:29 2012] : Altraminus: Stealth: [1d20(10) + 11] = 21
[Wed Jan 18 21:13:32 2012] : Filica: "And sorry, who is Mirri?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:13:57 2012] : Altraminus: "Miranda. I just think Mirri suits her better."
[Wed Jan 18 21:13:58 2012] : Filica: ooc oh my Miranda. It's gotta be Miranda
[Wed Jan 18 21:14:00 2012] : DM: ooc Miranda who is busy preparing a spell for the next person to call her Mirri.
[Wed Jan 18 21:14:10 2012] : Altraminus: ooc is that going to stop Al? :)
[Wed Jan 18 21:14:10 2012] : Filica: ooc *omg
[Wed Jan 18 21:14:44 2012] : Mordecai: "She probably knows about horses being flatulent"
[Wed Jan 18 21:14:56 2012] : Filica: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 18 21:15:07 2012] : Altraminus: ooc well, if the spell's Evan's Spiked Tentacles Of Forced Intrusion then it probably will stop him.
[Wed Jan 18 21:15:13 2012] : DM: Altraminus creeps up the stairs, the smell of seaweed and salt making him wrinkle his nose.
[Wed Jan 18 21:15:15 2012] : Altraminus: "Not that, silly, the library!"
[Wed Jan 18 21:15:36 2012] : Mordecai: "Oh, I see" *wink*
[Wed Jan 18 21:16:48 2012] : DM: The door is open and inside, bound to a chair with heavy strands of seaweed is a old man, clothes torn from his body and covered in dozen of cuts. He is quite dead.
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:04 2012] : Altraminus: "Oh dear, that's not good."
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:05 2012] : Kava: ""
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:10 2012] : Altraminus: "Everyone up here quickly!"
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:15 2012] : Kava: "Al: are you alright?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:18 2012] : Altraminus: "Anyone know what did this?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:27 2012] : Altraminus: "I am, but he isn't. Hasn't been for some time!"
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:28 2012] : Kava: Kava runs up the stairs
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:31 2012] : Altraminus: Nature: [1d20(9) + 0 + 2] = 11
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:33 2012] : Altraminus: Insight: [1d20(8) + 0 + 2] = 10
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:50 2012] : Kava: "What happened here?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:54 2012] : Kava: Intimidate: [1d20(16) + 11] = 27
[Wed Jan 18 21:17:59 2012] : Kava: Insight: [1d20(3) + 2] = 5
[Wed Jan 18 21:18:01 2012] : Kava: Nature: [1d20(10) + 2] = 12
[Wed Jan 18 21:18:14 2012] : Kava: ooc Intimidate? I wanted Nature
[Wed Jan 18 21:18:15 2012] : DM: A brass telescope lies ruined on the floor and the large window overlooking the water is smashed, shards of glass and twisted lead lying scattered about the room.
[Wed Jan 18 21:18:19 2012] : Mordecai: Heal: [1d20(9) + 11] = 20
[Wed Jan 18 21:18:38 2012] : Altraminus: ooc the corpse is scared of you :)
[Wed Jan 18 21:18:48 2012] : Kava: ooc Scared stiff!
[Wed Jan 18 21:19:28 2012] : DM: Scrawled crudely on the wooden floor with his own bloody toe are two words. "Kraken" and "Book". The old pirate captain's final message.
[Wed Jan 18 21:19:29 2012] : Filica: Nature: [1d20(19) + 3 + 2 + 5] = 29
[Wed Jan 18 21:19:42 2012] : Filica: Filica tries to make out the cuts on the man's body
[Wed Jan 18 21:20:03 2012] : Altraminus: "Well, it looks like we've got something to do here anyway. Hadn't expected to find the old man dead."
[Wed Jan 18 21:20:28 2012] : DM: He has been tortured cruely. Cut with a jagged or serrated blade.
[Wed Jan 18 21:21:15 2012] : Kava: "Better make sure he has a decent burial, tomorrow"
[Wed Jan 18 21:21:18 2012] : Filica: Filica looks around for tracks, prints, see if she recognizes/identifies smalls, etc.
[Wed Jan 18 21:21:49 2012] : DM: There are sahuagin prints.
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:14 2012] : Filica: Filica also tries to make out how mong the man has been dead.
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:25 2012] : Filica: (idea being, did he die day or night?)
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:30 2012] : Filica: *long
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:35 2012] : Donessh: "So are we still camping here tonight?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:48 2012] : DM: ooc heal check
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:56 2012] : Altraminus: "I say down one floor, in the library. That way we can look for whatever book he meant."
[Wed Jan 18 21:22:57 2012] : Filica: Heal: [1d20(8) + 3 + 2] = 13
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:00 2012] : Altraminus: "Poor old guy."
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:06 2012] : Kava: "Want to wait for those monsters outside? I'm staying in this tower"
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:28 2012] : DM: Filica, he didn't dies too long along 1-3 days perhaps. It's hard to tell.
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:33 2012] : Mordecai: ooc I did a heal check to work out hsi status
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:37 2012] : Kava: "May the gods give him a great afterlife"
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:40 2012] : Filica: "I'm with Al on this one. And we'll make sure that the tower is locked. They're probably not going to come back here, their deed is done"
[Wed Jan 18 21:23:52 2012] : Filica: "My take is he wrote the message once they were gone."
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:01 2012] : DM: Mordecai, reckons he dies today, earlier in the morning before dawn.
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:02 2012] : Mordecai: ooc probably should have said what for :-)
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:15 2012] : Altraminus: ooc isn't the tower a separate building, with the library on one floor of it?
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:16 2012] : Donessh: "Maybe if we'd taken a boat he'd be alive"
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:27 2012] : Mordecai: "Hmm, if we'd taken a boat would he still be a live?"
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:34 2012] : DM: ooc library is in the tower.
[Wed Jan 18 21:24:37 2012] : Mordecai: ooc or is it like BG?
[Wed Jan 18 21:25:16 2012] : Altraminus: ooc Speed of Plot.
[Wed Jan 18 21:25:24 2012] : Altraminus: ooc then we can defend the library.
[Wed Jan 18 21:26:03 2012] : DM: GAME END