Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Nov 16 19:56:00 2011] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 16 19:56:51 2011] : DM: You have pinpointed the building where the other communicator device is located. It's a workshop on Weaver Street in Low Town.
[Wed Nov 16 19:57:23 2011] : DM: You decided to tackle it the following morning while fully rested.
[Wed Nov 16 19:58:07 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai heals any wounds during downtime
[Wed Nov 16 19:58:30 2011] : DM: Weaver Street is where most of the weaving and textile workshops are and the street is busy in the morning with carts delivery supplies of wool and dyes etc.
[Wed Nov 16 19:58:53 2011] : Mordecai: ooc Rest on healing {X}
[Wed Nov 16 19:59:20 2011] : Mordecai: ooc D'oh! - Heal on resting {x}
[Wed Nov 16 19:59:32 2011] : DM: The building you've identified is boarded up and looks derelict. There's a main entrance on the street and a yard round the back with a back gate.
[Wed Nov 16 19:59:47 2011] : Donessh: ooc additional option - Unless it will take game-months {x}
[Wed Nov 16 20:00:09 2011] : Filica: ooc brb, kids crisis, Emma keeps having nightmares
[Wed Nov 16 20:00:51 2011] : Kava: ooc OK
[Wed Nov 16 20:01:01 2011] : Altraminus: "Hmm, do we go in the front way or the back?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:01:40 2011] : DM: Only the ground floor windows are boarded up, the upper windows are covered in grime and dust.
[Wed Nov 16 20:02:34 2011] : Kava: "What is the least obtrusive?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:02:50 2011] : Altraminus: "Round the back, I think. We can get over that wall, right?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:03:03 2011] : Filica: ooc back
[Wed Nov 16 20:03:09 2011] : Mordecai: "Or one of us can, and then can open the gate?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:03:12 2011] : Donessh: "Al, check the gate first"
[Wed Nov 16 20:03:23 2011] : DM: The wall isn't high, only 5 ft so you can easily climb over it.
[Wed Nov 16 20:03:44 2011] : Mordecai: ooc Ah, I envisioned a 15 footer or something
[Wed Nov 16 20:04:03 2011] : Donessh: ooc same. It'd only come up to Dons chest :)
[Wed Nov 16 20:05:33 2011] : DM: The yard round the back has weed growing up through the cracks in the paving slabs.
[Wed Nov 16 20:05:39 2011] : DM: The gate is locked.
[Wed Nov 16 20:07:10 2011] : Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(4) + 4 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 15
[Wed Nov 16 20:07:22 2011] : Altraminus: ooc that seems like a logical reaction!
[Wed Nov 16 20:07:30 2011] : Altraminus: Al tries to pick the lock
[Wed Nov 16 20:07:44 2011] : DM: ooc a smart DM would have taken the pause as an oppurtunity to look up lock DCs...
[Wed Nov 16 20:08:38 2011] : Donessh: ooc course he could also have assumed we could all get over a 5ft wall, since one of us is about 7ft tall
[Wed Nov 16 20:08:53 2011] : DM: The lock is surprisingly complex and it doesn't open immediately.
[Wed Nov 16 20:08:59 2011] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Nov 16 20:09:09 2011] : DM: ooc keep trying or other the wall?
[Wed Nov 16 20:09:39 2011] : Donessh: "Al, does the wall look ok to climb over? Not trapped or anything?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:09:39 2011] : Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(2) + 4 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 13
[Wed Nov 16 20:09:42 2011] : Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(5) + 4 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 16
[Wed Nov 16 20:10:13 2011] : Altraminus: Al has another couple of goes, then says "My hands aren't working tonight. Over the wall?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:10:28 2011] : Kava: "Sure, it's not very high, it it?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:10:37 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai watches Al with ease from over the top of the wall
[Wed Nov 16 20:10:49 2011] : Mordecai: "Fil, do you need a hand up?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:11:14 2011] : Filica: "Sure"
[Wed Nov 16 20:11:29 2011] : Mordecai: ooc pretty sure us tall people are all way over 6 feet tall
[Wed Nov 16 20:11:34 2011] : Kava: Kava hoists herself up
[Wed Nov 16 20:11:35 2011] : Altraminus: "Give me a lift too, please!"
[Wed Nov 16 20:11:43 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai aids Fil over the wall
[Wed Nov 16 20:11:45 2011] : Filica: Filica takes Mordecai's hand and lands softly on the wall
[Wed Nov 16 20:12:08 2011] : Mordecai: Then helps Al, before climbing over himself
[Wed Nov 16 20:12:13 2011] : Donessh: Donessh climbs over the wall
[Wed Nov 16 20:12:17 2011] : Mordecai: ooc BRB - Freya up again!
[Wed Nov 16 20:12:32 2011] : Filica: ooc kids!
[Wed Nov 16 20:13:55 2011] : DM: The back of the building as a door and some boarded up windows, the two upper floors have cracked and broken windows that could be climbed up to and possibly opened.
[Wed Nov 16 20:14:16 2011] : Mordecai: ooc back
[Wed Nov 16 20:14:41 2011] : Mordecai: "We seem pretty secluded here"
[Wed Nov 16 20:14:48 2011] : Kava: "Can one of you catch my staff please?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:14:57 2011] : Mordecai: "Why don't you relax and take your time Al?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:15:03 2011] : Donessh: Donessh assists
[Wed Nov 16 20:15:05 2011] : Kava: Kava lowers her staff down before jumping on the ground
[Wed Nov 16 20:16:21 2011] : Altraminus: "Yes, that's worth a go."
[Wed Nov 16 20:16:39 2011] : Altraminus: ooc Al takes 20 on the thievery check
[Wed Nov 16 20:16:41 2011] : Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(16) + 4 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 27
[Wed Nov 16 20:17:08 2011] : DM: Al quickly unlocks door.
[Wed Nov 16 20:18:36 2011] : Altraminus: "Right, that's our escape route. Now what?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:18:46 2011] : Altraminus: "Someone give me a boost partway up hthe back wall?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:19:03 2011] : Kava: "Perhaps you'd better take a look around before we all go in"
[Wed Nov 16 20:19:06 2011] : Donessh: "Here you go"
[Wed Nov 16 20:19:21 2011] : Donessh: Donessh lifts Al up as high as possible
[Wed Nov 16 20:19:25 2011] : Kava: Kava assists Donessh helping All
[Wed Nov 16 20:19:46 2011] : Altraminus: Athletics: [1d20(20) + 2 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 29
[Wed Nov 16 20:19:46 2011] : Altraminus: Athletics: [1d20(12) + 2 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 21
[Wed Nov 16 20:20:10 2011] : Mordecai: "Why not try this door too?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:20:32 2011] : Donessh: "He's already unlocked it, but wants to try the windows too"
[Wed Nov 16 20:20:41 2011] : Mordecai: ooc unsure what Al unlocked :-/
[Wed Nov 16 20:21:07 2011] : DM: Altraminus climbs up to a 1st floor window. Peering through the grimy glass he sees the room is empty apart from a broken chair and cobwebs.
[Wed Nov 16 20:21:08 2011] : Kava: ooc The door, I think
[Wed Nov 16 20:21:20 2011] : DM: ooc Al unlocked the back door into the building.
[Wed Nov 16 20:22:11 2011] : Altraminus: ooc oops, got confused.
[Wed Nov 16 20:22:34 2011] : DM: ooc or not...
[Wed Nov 16 20:22:35 2011] : Altraminus: Al climbs back out the window and down to his friends.
[Wed Nov 16 20:22:37 2011] : Altraminus: Athletics: [1d20(8) + 2 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 17
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:14 2011] : DM: Al has unlocked the back gate.
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:20 2011] : DM: ooc also trying the back door?
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:20 2011] : Filica: "So?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:41 2011] : Donessh: ooc no, we climbed the wall and unlocked the door
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:46 2011] : Altraminus: ooc yep, checking for traps first.
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:50 2011] : Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(14) + 0 + 2 + 5] = 21
[Wed Nov 16 20:23:53 2011] : Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(20) + 4 + 2 + 5 - 0] = 31
[Wed Nov 16 20:24:12 2011] : DM: You don't see any traps and the effortlessly unlock the door.
[Wed Nov 16 20:24:54 2011] : Altraminus: "Right, shall I see what's there?"
[Wed Nov 16 20:24:56 2011] : Altraminus: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18
[Wed Nov 16 20:24:57 2011] : Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(18) + 0 + 2 + 5] = 25
[Wed Nov 16 20:25:06 2011] : Altraminus: ooc /me tries not to be a spotlight hog
[Wed Nov 16 20:25:38 2011] : DM: Opening the door?
[Wed Nov 16 20:25:53 2011] : Kava: "Be careful and hurry back"
[Wed Nov 16 20:26:29 2011] : Altraminus: ooc yep
[Wed Nov 16 20:27:01 2011] : DM: The door opens silently on well-oiled hinges and Al looks into the room.
[Wed Nov 16 20:27:07 2011] : DM: ooc drawing a map.
[Wed Nov 16 20:29:25 2011] : DM: ooc position your miniatrures
[Wed Nov 16 20:30:09 2011] : DM: The ground floor is one large room with a set of stairs leading to the upper floors.
[Wed Nov 16 20:30:46 2011] : DM: Three tables have been pushed together in the centre and a number of chairs are placed around the tables.
[Wed Nov 16 20:31:54 2011] : DM: A shadar-kai wearing a black cloak is busy throwing papers into an unlit fireplace. The room is only dimly light a a few lanterns place on the tables and hanging by the stairs.
[Wed Nov 16 20:33:35 2011] : Altraminus: Al gestures to people to follow, before sneaking in.
[Wed Nov 16 20:33:37 2011] : Altraminus: Stealth: [1d20(12) + 11] = 23
[Wed Nov 16 20:33:43 2011] : DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Nov 16 20:33:47 2011] : Donessh: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Nov 16 20:33:49 2011] : Kava: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Nov 16 20:33:57 2011] : DM: [1d20(9) + 11] = 20
[Wed Nov 16 20:34:09 2011] : Mordecai: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14 - Battle Intuition
[Wed Nov 16 20:34:21 2011] : Altraminus: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 2 + 4] = 25
[Wed Nov 16 20:35:01 2011] : Filica: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 4 + 2] = 15
[Wed Nov 16 20:35:03 2011] : Kava: ooc 25?!
[Wed Nov 16 20:35:57 2011] : DM: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 16 20:37:34 2011] : DM: Al? Your turn.
[Wed Nov 16 20:38:04 2011] : Altraminus: Al steps just inside the room, keeping to shadows as much as he can, then flings a shuriken
[Wed Nov 16 20:38:11 2011] : Altraminus: Sly Flourish (ranged): (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20(5) + 4 + 2 + 3] = 14 - Hit: [1d6(3) + 4 + 3] = 10 .
[Wed Nov 16 20:38:24 2011] : Altraminus: ooc if it's a hit, [2d8(4,1)] = 5 sneak attack, and done.
[Wed Nov 16 20:38:39 2011] : DM: Miss
[Wed Nov 16 20:38:51 2011] : Altraminus: ooc boo :(
[Wed Nov 16 20:39:21 2011] : DM: ooc yellow circles are the lanterns.
[Wed Nov 16 20:40:48 2011] : DM: The shadar-kai hears the ting of the shuriken striking the and looks around, on seeing the open door, she picks up her great sword and draws it from its scabberd.
[Wed Nov 16 20:40:57 2011] : DM: She doesn't spot Altraminus.
[Wed Nov 16 20:41:04 2011] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Nov 16 20:41:29 2011] : Kava: Kava steps in, steps back and casts
[Wed Nov 16 20:41:39 2011] : Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) To hit vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(11) + 5] = 16, Damage: [1d10(8) + 9] = 17 HP.
[Wed Nov 16 20:41:47 2011] : Kava: Done
[Wed Nov 16 20:42:03 2011] : DM: Miss
[Wed Nov 16 20:42:12 2011] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Nov 16 20:43:09 2011] : Filica: Filica aims at the shadar Kai, trying to keep herslef hidden
[Wed Nov 16 20:43:18 2011] : Filica: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 4 + 2 + 5] = 18
[Wed Nov 16 20:43:23 2011] : Filica: Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 1: [1d20(19) + 2 + 5] = 26 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(5) + 5] = 10
Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 2: [1d20(5) + 2 + 5] = 12 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(8) + 5] = 13
If target is quarry (nearest enemy) add [1d8(8)] = 8 damage to one attack.
Free Action: Decide all damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage.

[Wed Nov 16 20:43:29 2011] : Filica: done.
[Wed Nov 16 20:43:40 2011] : DM: One hit.
[Wed Nov 16 20:43:58 2011] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Nov 16 20:44:01 2011] : Filica: ooc wohoo 18 damage :D
[Wed Nov 16 20:44:28 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai enters the room and attacks
[Wed Nov 16 20:44:32 2011] : Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(11) + 7] = 18 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(7) + 5] = 12 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Nov 16 20:44:40 2011] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Nov 16 20:44:48 2011] : DM: Hit
[Wed Nov 16 20:44:54 2011] : DM: Donnesh?
[Wed Nov 16 20:45:24 2011] : Donessh: Donessh moves in and right up to the shadar-kai
[Wed Nov 16 20:45:41 2011] : Donessh: Righteous Smite: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20(8) + 6 + 3] = 17 - Hit: [2d10(7,3) + 4] = 14 damage. Self and all allies within 5 squares gain 7 Temporary Hit Points
[Wed Nov 16 20:45:52 2011] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Nov 16 20:45:55 2011] : Donessh: Virtue: (EP) Minor Donessh spends a Healing Surge and gains 13 temporary hit points [Wed Nov 16 20:45:59 2011] : Donessh: Done
[Wed Nov 16 20:46:13 2011] : DM: Altraminus?
[Wed Nov 16 20:46:49 2011] : Altraminus: Al runs around the back of the table, throwing shuriken under it
[Wed Nov 16 20:46:54 2011] : Altraminus: Sly Flourish (ranged): (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20(5) + 4 + 2 + 3] = 14 - Hit: [1d6(4) + 4 + 3] = 11 .
[Wed Nov 16 20:47:02 2011] : Altraminus: ooc another 14? ugh!
[Wed Nov 16 20:47:03 2011] : DM: Miss
[Wed Nov 16 20:47:03 2011] : Altraminus: done
[Wed Nov 16 20:48:24 2011] : Zirith: The gloomblade steps back and snatches the lantern from the table and throws it into the fireplace the lantern shatters spreading lamp oil all over the papers. The oil ignites and the papers begin to burn.
[Wed Nov 16 20:48:56 2011] : Zirith: "Your efforts are pointless, the plan is in motion and you are too late."
[Wed Nov 16 20:49:12 2011] : Kava: "Put that fire out!"
[Wed Nov 16 20:49:19 2011] : Zirith: "Only I remain here to tidy up."
[Wed Nov 16 20:50:04 2011] : Zirith: "Kill me if you can but it do no good."
[Wed Nov 16 20:50:11 2011] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Nov 16 20:50:57 2011] : Kava: Kava changes her attack, hoping this one will hit better
[Wed Nov 16 20:51:01 2011] : Kava: Storm Walk: (AWP) To hit vs. Fortitude. Ranged 10. [1d20(6) + 5] = 11, Damage: [1d8(1) + 9] = 10 HP. Effect: Before or after the attack, I shift 1 square.
[Wed Nov 16 20:51:07 2011] : DM: Miss
[Wed Nov 16 20:51:10 2011] : Kava: Done
[Wed Nov 16 20:51:21 2011] : Kava: ooc Yeah, shitty roll :(
[Wed Nov 16 20:51:48 2011] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Nov 16 20:53:03 2011] : Filica: ooc is there any water of any kind in sight?
[Wed Nov 16 20:53:12 2011] : DM: ooc No.
[Wed Nov 16 20:54:05 2011] : Filica: Filica steps in and aims,
[Wed Nov 16 20:54:10 2011] : Filica: Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 1: [1d20(19) + 2 + 5] = 26 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(1) + 5] = 6
Twin Strike (lightning bow +1): (AWP) - Attack 2: [1d20(1) + 2 + 5] = 8 vs AC - Damage: [1d8(1) + 5] = 6
If target is quarry (nearest enemy) add [1d8(3)] = 3 damage to one attack.
Free Action: Decide all damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage.

[Wed Nov 16 20:54:17 2011] : DM: One hit
[Wed Nov 16 20:54:21 2011] : Filica: done.
[Wed Nov 16 20:54:35 2011] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Nov 16 20:55:13 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai steps next to the fire, pulls out a holy water vial and pours it onto the fire
[Wed Nov 16 20:55:19 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai casts a vial of holy water (minor) +4 vs. Will [1d20(18) + 6] = 24 (range 3/6)
[Wed Nov 16 20:55:41 2011] : Mordecai: Then Aims at the shadar-kai
[Wed Nov 16 20:55:44 2011] : Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(1) + 7] = 8 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Nov 16 20:55:48 2011] : Kava: ooc Can't you create water? ;)
[Wed Nov 16 20:56:06 2011] : Altraminus: ooc it's been too long since we went to the pub ;-)
[Wed Nov 16 20:56:11 2011] : DM: The water hisses and boils away before having much affect on the flames.
[Wed Nov 16 20:56:19 2011] : Kava: ooc KMAO
[Wed Nov 16 20:57:02 2011] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Nov 16 20:57:08 2011] : DM: ooc done/
[Wed Nov 16 20:57:11 2011] : DM: ?
[Wed Nov 16 20:57:39 2011] : Mordecai: ooc I considered throwing my blanket on it (he only lit it less than 6 seconds ago so it can't be that hot) but it'd probablu take ages to get it out of my pack
[Wed Nov 16 20:57:44 2011] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Nov 16 20:58:13 2011] : DM: Donessh?
[Wed Nov 16 20:58:16 2011] : Donessh: Donessh steps forward
[Wed Nov 16 20:58:29 2011] : Donessh: Divine Challenge: (AWP) Minor Burst 5. Effect: Target is Marked: -2 to attack other than me.
Also: [3 + 4] = 7 Radiant damage on first attack not including me before my next turn

[Wed Nov 16 20:58:32 2011] : Donessh: Holy Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20(19) + 7] = 26 - Hit: [1d10(5) + 3] = 8 radiant damage. +2 if target is marked
[Wed Nov 16 20:58:50 2011] : Donessh: Done
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:03 2011] : DM: Donessh's strike sends the shadar-kai reeling.
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:17 2011] : DM: Altraminus?
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:38 2011] : Altraminus: Al runs round the table and attempts to hamstring the foe
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:44 2011] : Altraminus: Sly Flourish (melee): (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20(5) + 4 + 2 + 4] = 15 - Hit: [1d4(1) + 4 + 3] = 8 .
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:51 2011] : Altraminus: ooc aargh!
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:52 2011] : Altraminus: done
[Wed Nov 16 20:59:59 2011] : Mordecai: ooc Al's having a bit of a 'mare
[Wed Nov 16 21:00:05 2011] : DM: ooc do you not have any vs reflex powers?
[Wed Nov 16 21:00:26 2011] : Altraminus: ooc yes, but these do more damage
[Wed Nov 16 21:00:34 2011] : Donessh: ooc only if they hit
[Wed Nov 16 21:01:00 2011] : Zirith: Surrounded, outnumbered and nearly dead Zirith lowers her blade.
[Wed Nov 16 21:01:38 2011] : Zirith: "Wait! Perhaps we can come to some sort of deal?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:02:28 2011] : Filica: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 16 21:02:28 2011] : Mordecai: "I hope that you will find peace beyond the evil realms that spawned you"
[Wed Nov 16 21:02:29 2011] : Zirith: ooc switching to a skill challenge. On your turn you can use a skill (or do something else) to negotiate with Zirith.
[Wed Nov 16 21:02:30 2011] : Donessh: "A moment ago you seemed willing to die"
[Wed Nov 16 21:02:43 2011] : Altraminus: ooc "A full confession and we kill you quickly?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:03:01 2011] : DM: Filica's turn (when she gets back).
[Wed Nov 16 21:03:05 2011] : Mordecai: "This is a creature of evil, that only taints this world"
[Wed Nov 16 21:03:11 2011] : DM: ooc also you can continue to fight the fire etc.
[Wed Nov 16 21:03:23 2011] : Mordecai: "To bargain with it is to consort with evil"
[Wed Nov 16 21:03:50 2011] : DM: ooc Aiming for low diplomacy modifiers I see Craig ;)
[Wed Nov 16 21:04:27 2011] : Mordecai: ooc I'm a cleric of the sun god, he's some form of evil shadow creature - a clear polar enemy
[Wed Nov 16 21:04:38 2011] : Altraminus: ooc she, but yes.
[Wed Nov 16 21:04:47 2011] : Donessh: ooc He has Diplomatic Immunity
[Wed Nov 16 21:04:53 2011] : Mordecai: ooc ROFL
[Wed Nov 16 21:05:37 2011] : Kava: Kava goes over and empties her waterskin over the fire
[Wed Nov 16 21:05:51 2011] : DM: ooc not your turn.
[Wed Nov 16 21:06:01 2011] : Kava: ooc Sorry
[Wed Nov 16 21:06:13 2011] : Mordecai: "I believe in mercy where it is due. It is not due here. To allow this creature to live, to bargain with it for its life is to potentially allow it to destroy other lives"
[Wed Nov 16 21:07:24 2011] : Zirith: "If you kill me you will never find where the mercenaries are in time to prevent them slaying the foolish council members."
[Wed Nov 16 21:09:29 2011] : Kava: "I'd rather kill you than negotiate. What do you think you have to bargain with for your live?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:09:59 2011] : Donessh: "A moment ago you claimed the plan could not be stopped"
[Wed Nov 16 21:10:49 2011] : Filica: ooc sorry, I just dropped a freaking bowl full of rice all over the kitchen
[Wed Nov 16 21:10:51 2011] : Filica: ooc back
[Wed Nov 16 21:11:44 2011] : Filica: ooc reading up, sorry
[Wed Nov 16 21:11:59 2011] : Filica: "You negociate, I'll put out this fire"
[Wed Nov 16 21:13:02 2011] : Filica: ooc wait, what's a bedroll made of?
[Wed Nov 16 21:13:28 2011] : Zirith: ooc fire-retardent foam and polyester.
[Wed Nov 16 21:13:34 2011] : Filica: ooc roflmao
[Wed Nov 16 21:13:37 2011] : Mordecai: ooc probably linen/cotton with a straw or wool filling
[Wed Nov 16 21:13:43 2011] : DM: ooc I'd say wool.
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:05 2011] : DM: ooc it would work as a fireblanket on a small fire.
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:06 2011] : Altraminus: ooc I'd say a wool heavy thing would work nicely, though it might get damaged.
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:22 2011] : Filica: ooc is the fire small?
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:24 2011] : Filica: ooc :D
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:27 2011] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:40 2011] : Filica: Filica tries to put out the fire with her bedroll
[Wed Nov 16 21:14:59 2011] : Filica: smothering the flames
[Wed Nov 16 21:15:06 2011] : Filica: done.
[Wed Nov 16 21:15:11 2011] : DM: Filica smothers the flames and manages to rescue about half of the papers.
[Wed Nov 16 21:15:47 2011] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Nov 16 21:16:25 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai continues to 'negotiate'
[Wed Nov 16 21:16:27 2011] : Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(3) + 7] = 10 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(4) + 5] = 9 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Nov 16 21:16:37 2011] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Nov 16 21:16:37 2011] : DM: Miss.
[Wed Nov 16 21:16:40 2011] : Donessh: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 16 21:16:47 2011] : DM: Donessh?
[Wed Nov 16 21:17:27 2011] : Kava: ooc Did I miss my turn? I was right after Zirith
[Wed Nov 16 21:17:36 2011] : Donessh: ooc want to try the skill challenge stuff, but I dont think Donessh could ever let the thing live
[Wed Nov 16 21:17:41 2011] : DM: ooc er, yes.
[Wed Nov 16 21:18:19 2011] : DM: ooc go ahead and bludgeon away. negotiating is just an option.
[Wed Nov 16 21:18:29 2011] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Nov 16 21:18:42 2011] : Donessh: ooc Kava first
[Wed Nov 16 21:18:50 2011] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Nov 16 21:19:09 2011] : Kava: Kava moves over and towers over Zirith
[Wed Nov 16 21:19:33 2011] : Kava: "So what do you think you can do for us to let you live?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:19:35 2011] : Kava: Intimidate: [1d20(6) + 11] = 17
[Wed Nov 16 21:19:42 2011] : Kava: Done
[Wed Nov 16 21:20:09 2011] : Zirith: "You can save the council members with the information I have."
[Wed Nov 16 21:20:21 2011] : Zirith: "Without it they will surely die."
[Wed Nov 16 21:22:10 2011] : Zirith: "In less than half an hour, the group will have ambushed Alyssia Throckmorton as she inspects what she thinks is a squad of the town guard."
[Wed Nov 16 21:22:24 2011] : Kava: "Go on"
[Wed Nov 16 21:22:27 2011] : Zirith: "Spare me and I will tell you where."
[Wed Nov 16 21:22:35 2011] : Zirith: ooc Donessh?
[Wed Nov 16 21:22:53 2011] : Mordecai: ooc it's sad, I see the logic in getting the info, but I don't think Mordecai would negotiate with her
[Wed Nov 16 21:23:12 2011] : Donessh: ooc even to save innocents?
[Wed Nov 16 21:23:14 2011] : Kava: ooc So kill her
[Wed Nov 16 21:23:35 2011] : Kava: ooc Leave her alive until we know all we need to know, then kill her?
[Wed Nov 16 21:24:05 2011] : DM: Donessh? Your turn.
[Wed Nov 16 21:24:08 2011] : Donessh: "A similar fate awaits you unless you tell us now. Even then you may not leave here alive"
[Wed Nov 16 21:24:11 2011] : Donessh: Intimidate: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11
[Wed Nov 16 21:24:19 2011] : Donessh: ooc gah
[Wed Nov 16 21:24:32 2011] : Donessh: done
[Wed Nov 16 21:25:10 2011] : DM: "I see your intent in your eyes and those of your companion (she points at Mordecai). You intend for me to die whatever I say."
[Wed Nov 16 21:25:19 2011] : DM: Altraminus?
[Wed Nov 16 21:25:45 2011] : Altraminus: Al grins, horribly, as he jumps on the table to look the prisoner in the eye.
[Wed Nov 16 21:25:57 2011] : Donessh: ooc I dont think she needed to look into Mordecai's eyes to figure that out :)
[Wed Nov 16 21:26:16 2011] : DM: ooc oh yeah. he attacked.
[Wed Nov 16 21:26:19 2011] : Mordecai: "Your kind should not be in our world"
[Wed Nov 16 21:26:55 2011] : Altraminus:
"You know what you need? You need a bit of time to think. If my friends here step outside the room, and I talk to you for just a minute or two - maybe with some help from the old lemon-and-salt trick - maybe you'll see your way clear to volunteering some information!"
[Wed Nov 16 21:26:55 2011] : Mordecai: ooc said Mordecai Hitler
[Wed Nov 16 21:27:09 2011] : Altraminus: ooc not actually a real torture technique, hence:
[Wed Nov 16 21:27:10 2011] : Altraminus: Bluff: [1d20(13) + 3 + 2] = 18
[Wed Nov 16 21:27:13 2011] : Altraminus: done
[Wed Nov 16 21:27:19 2011] : DM: ooc feel free to apply your skills to persuding Mordecai or restraining him etc.
[Wed Nov 16 21:28:29 2011] : Donessh: ooc salt and lemon torture just makes me think of tequila
[Wed Nov 16 21:28:37 2011] : Filica: ooc roflmao
[Wed Nov 16 21:28:46 2011] : Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Nov 16 21:28:52 2011] : Zirith: "There's no need for torture, I just want to make a deal, a simple exchange."
[Wed Nov 16 21:28:58 2011] : Altraminus: ooc ah, well, it was the best I could come up with.
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:02 2011] : Zirith: ooc that is torture! Ug!
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:04 2011] : Kava: "Are you sure you don't need my help, Al?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:08 2011] : Mordecai: ooc I'm thinking of Mordecai looking like Vorbis from Small Gods ATM
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:10 2011] : Altraminus: ooc anyone fancy a Sense Motive?
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:36 2011] : Mordecai: ooc I fancy a tequila ;-)
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:40 2011] : Filica: ooc is that perception nowadays?
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:49 2011] : Altraminus: ooc Insight, I think...
[Wed Nov 16 21:29:53 2011] : Kava: ooc And me! Have to settle for wine, I guess
[Wed Nov 16 21:30:09 2011] : Donessh: ooc Just opened a Corba
[Wed Nov 16 21:30:14 2011] : Donessh: ooc *cobra
[Wed Nov 16 21:30:47 2011] : Zirith: "To show good faith on my side of the bargin I will tell you the plan for Randolph Firness. He will be ambushed from a delivery cart at his smithy."
[Wed Nov 16 21:31:09 2011] : DM: Kava?
[Wed Nov 16 21:32:46 2011] : DM: ooc As a reminder: there are three people on the hit list. Alyssia, the captain of the town guard, Randolph the smith and Charles Barin the wool guild leader.
[Wed Nov 16 21:33:40 2011] : DM: Kava? Your turn.
[Wed Nov 16 21:34:08 2011] : Kava: Kava just glares at Zirith
[Wed Nov 16 21:34:20 2011] : Kava: "Go on"
[Wed Nov 16 21:34:41 2011] : Kava: "What about Alyssia and Barin?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:34:48 2011] : Kava: Intimidate: [1d20(10) + 11] = 21
[Wed Nov 16 21:35:27 2011] : Zirith: ooc Alyssia wasn't already mentioned, see above.
[Wed Nov 16 21:36:09 2011] : Kava: ooc Which is why I asked after her
[Wed Nov 16 21:36:16 2011] : Zirith: "Charles is going to be attacked at his home. Now I think it's your turn to show your side of the bargin."
[Wed Nov 16 21:36:44 2011] : Zirith: "You won't get more information until we reach a deal."
[Wed Nov 16 21:36:52 2011] : DM: Filica?
[Wed Nov 16 21:37:09 2011] : Filica: "A bargain? We hold your life in our hands, what else would you want? So your life is only deal you *might* get. And that is only if you are not trying to mess with us"
[Wed Nov 16 21:37:28 2011] : DM: ooc skill roll?
[Wed Nov 16 21:37:36 2011] : Filica: Filica is trying to study Zirith body language to see whether she's telling the truth or not
[Wed Nov 16 21:37:40 2011] : Filica: ooc wait :)
[Wed Nov 16 21:37:58 2011] : Filica: ooc or rather "has been studying"
[Wed Nov 16 21:38:00 2011] : Filica: Insight: [1d20(19) + 3 + 2] = 24
[Wed Nov 16 21:38:40 2011] : Filica: done.
[Wed Nov 16 21:39:23 2011] : DM: Filica, you belief the information that has been revealed so far is truthful and you get a sense that there is more to Zirith sudden change of tone. There is fear but also a calculating look in her eye.
[Wed Nov 16 21:39:34 2011] : DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Nov 16 21:39:36 2011] : Mordecai: "Enough of this! We listen to the talk from a forked tongue and behind snake teeth. Do we bargain with the serpent now? I for one will not do so!"
[Wed Nov 16 21:39:45 2011] : Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(11) + 7] = 18 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(5) + 5] = 10 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Nov 16 21:40:02 2011] : Mordecai: Done
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:02 2011] : Filica: ooc Donessh, you need to stop Mordecai ;)
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:19 2011] : Donessh: ooc Donessh probably agrees with him!
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:19 2011] : Filica: "She's saying the truth"
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:24 2011] : Filica: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:32 2011] : Donessh: ooc lawful stupid, remember?
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:38 2011] : Filica: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 16 21:40:50 2011] : Zirith: Mordecai's power blasts the shadar-kai and she falls to her knees. "Damn you", she whispers as her eyes close and she falls to sprawl on the stone flags.
[Wed Nov 16 21:41:20 2011] : Zirith: She's still alive at this point but will soon die if not attended to.
[Wed Nov 16 21:41:21 2011] : Altraminus: ooc so what was she shifty about? dun dun DUUUUN!
[Wed Nov 16 21:41:27 2011] : Altraminus: ooc so what was she shifty about? dun dun DUUUUN!
[Wed Nov 16 21:41:31 2011] : Altraminus: ooc oops
[Wed Nov 16 21:41:39 2011] : DM: Donessh?
[Wed Nov 16 21:41:54 2011] : Mordecai: ooc as I said earlier - evil shadow creature, good cleric of the sun god... I felt I had to play to character
[Wed Nov 16 21:42:14 2011] : Donessh: "I dont think we we're going to get anything else out of her, anyway"
[Wed Nov 16 21:42:16 2011] : Kava: "Dead then? Oh well"
[Wed Nov 16 21:42:49 2011] : Mordecai: "We must warn the council members anyway"
[Wed Nov 16 21:42:59 2011] : Donessh: "I am glad to see it meet its end"
[Wed Nov 16 21:43:01 2011] : DM: To summarize:
[Wed Nov 16 21:43:21 2011] : Mordecai: "Wem may be able to get some more information from the remains of the notes"
[Wed Nov 16 21:43:45 2011] : DM: You have the method for all three people. The location for Charles and Randolph but you don't have the time for either.
[Wed Nov 16 21:43:59 2011] : Filica: "Darn, we've missed something here. But for all I know, she might have been trying to save time"
[Wed Nov 16 21:44:14 2011] : Donessh: "We should get warnings to Charles and Randolph now"
[Wed Nov 16 21:44:38 2011] : Donessh: ".. and someone must know of Alyssia's location"
[Wed Nov 16 21:44:43 2011] : DM: Much of the notes are in code or are damaged by the fire but you papers include detailed plans for the assasination of Alyssia and partial information for Randolph.
[Wed Nov 16 21:44:44 2011] : Donessh: "but who?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:44:45 2011] : Mordecai: "You cannot trust the words of one so evil, you are right that she may have simply been delaying us Filica"
[Wed Nov 16 21:44:58 2011] : Filica: "So we'd better hurry and get to those people"
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:12 2011] : Donessh: "We have nothing else to go on friend so we must as as best we can"
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:13 2011] : Filica: "Mordecai, I really think she was saying the truth"
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:41 2011] : Altraminus: "Let's patch her up for now..."
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:41 2011] : Mordecai: "The truth comes in many guises, as does decption"
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:44 2011] : Altraminus: Heal: [1d20(18) + 0 + 2] = 20
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:58 2011] : Mordecai: "NO!"
[Wed Nov 16 21:45:59 2011] : DM: Al stabilizes Zirith.
[Wed Nov 16 21:46:21 2011] : Mordecai: "The deed is done, she should not be allowed to remain here!"
[Wed Nov 16 21:47:42 2011] : Altraminus: "Yes, but this way we have a prisoner - and a witness."
[Wed Nov 16 21:48:07 2011] : Donessh: "And what use are either of those?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:48:11 2011] : Mordecai: "An evil extra-planar creature with noting but selfish interests"
[Wed Nov 16 21:48:17 2011] : Donessh: "We have no time to argue!"
[Wed Nov 16 21:48:41 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai raises his holy symbol again
[Wed Nov 16 21:49:18 2011] : Kava: "If we bring her to, she might be more amenable to talk, before we kill her"
[Wed Nov 16 21:49:38 2011] : Mordecai: "We are not monsters Kava"
[Wed Nov 16 21:50:01 2011] : Mordecai: "This is a solemn deed, I will not be duplicitous about it"
[Wed Nov 16 21:50:26 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai appears to be praying while holding up his symbol
[Wed Nov 16 21:50:38 2011] : Donessh: "Regardless, every second we spend debating puts three people closer to death"
[Wed Nov 16 21:50:38 2011] : Mordecai: 3 seconds
[Wed Nov 16 21:50:47 2011] : Mordecai: 2 seconds
[Wed Nov 16 21:50:58 2011] : Mordecai: 1 second
[Wed Nov 16 21:51:07 2011] : Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(5) + 7] = 12 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(5) + 5] = 10 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Nov 16 21:51:14 2011] : Donessh: "Kill her and let us be away!"
[Wed Nov 16 21:51:47 2011] : DM: Mordecai kills her.
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:09 2011] : Mordecai: "And now let us try to save the council members"
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:13 2011] : DM: ooc I would normally frown on splitting the party but it might be useful here.
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:24 2011] : Donessh: ooc DONT SPLIT THE PARTY!!!!!1111
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:27 2011] : Kava: "Filica, anything interesting in those papers?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:32 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai looks somewhat pale
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:38 2011] : Altraminus: "Let's have a quick look before we go..."
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:44 2011] : DM: Much of the notes are in code or are damaged by the fire but you papers include detailed plans for the assasination of Alyssia and partial information for Randolph.
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:45 2011] : Altraminus: Insight: [1d20(6) + 0 + 2] = 8
[Wed Nov 16 21:52:57 2011] : Mordecai: Insight: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:01 2011] : Filica: "Yes, some information as to where we should be looking for problems to arise"
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:17 2011] : Kava: "Good, that should come in useful"
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:17 2011] : Mordecai: MOrdecai looks at the papers with shaking hands
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:18 2011] : Filica: "But not enough to prevent whatever is planned from happening"
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:20 2011] : DM: You know where and when and how for Alyssia, and where and how for Randolph and Charles.
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:36 2011] : Donessh: "We have three intended victims, and five of us"
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:51 2011] : DM: There is 15 minutes before Alyssia's scheduled inspection of the bogus guards.
[Wed Nov 16 21:53:53 2011] : Kava: "And we know of two times, but not the third"
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:06 2011] : Donessh: "We know that Alyssia will be attacked in 15 minutes so that must be our first target"
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:17 2011] : Altraminus: "We'd better get a warning to the two without a time, at least. Let's send one each of us to them, while the others guard Alyssia."
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:18 2011] : Donessh: "The others could be in hours or even days"
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:20 2011] : Kava: "Better get over there straight away"
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:34 2011] : Donessh: "My thoughts exactly Al"
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:35 2011] : Mordecai: "Perhaps 2 of us should attempt to warn the other two at once?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:54:54 2011] : Mordecai: "At least try to get them to minimise risk?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:55:02 2011] : Altraminus: "Who's quick on their feet, and convincing?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:55:28 2011] : Kava: "Well, I'm better at threatening than at charming"
[Wed Nov 16 21:55:45 2011] : Mordecai: "I am willing to try. I fear I may have endangered them more by my actions. The actions of one firm in their faith, but still..."
[Wed Nov 16 21:55:49 2011] : DM: ooc don't forget you have a good reputation in the town.
[Wed Nov 16 21:55:54 2011] : Donessh: ooc Al and Fil would strike me as the quickest
[Wed Nov 16 21:56:19 2011] : Filica: "I am quick, and Al is the convincing one. Lemon and salt..."
[Wed Nov 16 21:56:28 2011] : Donessh: ooc find someone to be messenger?
[Wed Nov 16 21:56:45 2011] : Altraminus: "I'll go, and go quickly. That's me to warn Charles."
[Wed Nov 16 21:56:49 2011] : Mordecai: "Perhaps we could leverage our good standing?
[Wed Nov 16 21:56:52 2011] : Kava: "Have them stay out of sight until we get there"
[Wed Nov 16 21:56:54 2011] : Altraminus: Al zooms off
[Wed Nov 16 21:57:00 2011] : Donessh: ooc Wheres a couple of playful scamps looking for some coin when you need them
[Wed Nov 16 21:57:11 2011] : Mordecai: "Simply have the word spread by everyone we meet?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:57:26 2011] : Filica: "I'll go to Randolph, then."
[Wed Nov 16 21:57:27 2011] : Mordecai: "Is it a secret? Would that put them in more danger?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:57:49 2011] : Donessh: "I'd rather not spread the story too wide"
[Wed Nov 16 21:57:56 2011] : Donessh: "You never know who is listening"
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:02 2011] : Filica: "Neither would I"
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:14 2011] : Filica: "Anyone coming with me?"
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:35 2011] : Filica: Filica gets ready to go and meet the smithy
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:43 2011] : Filica: ooc Randolph is the smithy isn't he?
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:44 2011] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:47 2011] : Donessh: "Fil, meet us at the Alyssia location as soon as you can"
[Wed Nov 16 21:58:54 2011] : Kava: "Let's hurry to Alyssia"
[Wed Nov 16 21:59:05 2011] : DM: ooc yep
[Wed Nov 16 21:59:09 2011] : Filica: "k"
[Wed Nov 16 21:59:16 2011] : Filica: Filica goes
[Wed Nov 16 21:59:21 2011] : DM: ooc I'm going to narrate the outcome for each.
[Wed Nov 16 22:00:34 2011] : Donessh: "Al, are you going to warm Charles?"
[Wed Nov 16 22:00:41 2011] : Donessh: ooc sorry already gone
[Wed Nov 16 22:00:52 2011] : DM: Filica races off to Randolph's smithy and catches him just as he is about to enter the yard with its waiting wagon, pulls him inside and breathlessly explains about the ambush.
[Wed Nov 16 22:00:56 2011] : Donessh: "Just the three of us to save Alyssia then?"
[Wed Nov 16 22:01:21 2011] : Mordecai: "Yes, though maybe the others can arrive at Alyssa's in time to join us"
[Wed Nov 16 22:01:24 2011] : Kava: "It would seem so"
[Wed Nov 16 22:01:35 2011] : Donessh: "Lets go..."
[Wed Nov 16 22:02:00 2011] : DM: Alarmed, Randolph summons the town guard. The two mercs hiding the the wagon are captured and arrested.
[Wed Nov 16 22:02:28 2011] : Filica: Filica runs back to the Alyssia spot as soon as that is over
[Wed Nov 16 22:03:10 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai hot-foot's it with the others
[Wed Nov 16 22:04:13 2011] : DM: Altraminus run to Charles's house and arrives to find the front door open, stepping inside he see Charles in the dining room sprawled face down in his breakfast a dagger in his back. A traumatized servant sobbing in the corner. A quick check of the body reveals that Charles has been dead for at least an hour.
[Wed Nov 16 22:04:47 2011] : DM: The others arrive in time to warn Alyssia and the ambushers become the ambushees and a fight ensues...
[Wed Nov 16 22:04:51 2011] : DM: GAME END