Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 28 20:13:27 2011] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 28 20:14:09 2011] : Mordecai: ooc Sam took a parcel for them, but it seems they also took in ttwo giant parcels for us (new car seats as Edie has outgrown her baby one)
[Wed Sep 28 20:14:44 2011] : DM: You watch the dragon, Nimatzidri, fly off into the distance. Leaving behind his modest horde.
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:36 2011] : DM: You rest nearby for the remainder of the night and awake to a cool, drizzly dawn.
[Wed Sep 28 20:15:48 2011] : DM: ooc returning to town?
[Wed Sep 28 20:16:18 2011] : Mordecai: ooc I guess so - we have our scale
[Wed Sep 28 20:16:22 2011] : Donessh: ooc is the modest horde coming with us?
[Wed Sep 28 20:16:37 2011] : Mordecai: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 28 20:17:14 2011] : Kava: ooc We can ask it
[Wed Sep 28 20:17:15 2011] : DM: ooc I think I meant hoard.
[Wed Sep 28 20:17:34 2011] : DM: ooc /me shakes fist angrily at the english language.
[Wed Sep 28 20:18:15 2011] : Donessh: ooc :)
[Wed Sep 28 20:18:24 2011] : DM: As you walk back to town you see three armed and armoured people up ahead, heading towards you.
[Wed Sep 28 20:18:38 2011] : Kava: "Hmm"
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:18 2011] : Donessh: Donessh strides to the front of the group
[Wed Sep 28 20:19:19 2011] : Kava: Kava watches as she grips her staff
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:04 2011] : DM: The leader hails you.
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:34 2011] : Donessh: "Good day"
[Wed Sep 28 20:20:40 2011] : DM: The three are wearing the insignia of a mercenary company. You recognize it as the company that was guarding the opal mine.
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:15 2011] : Mordecai: "Hmm, these guys again"
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:29 2011] : Mercenary: "Have you see a small group of bandits hiding in the area? We've been tasked with finding them."
[Wed Sep 28 20:21:33 2011] : Mordecai: "Tom fools that they are"
[Wed Sep 28 20:22:13 2011] : Donessh: "Bandits? II'm not sure we have. Can you describe them?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:23:52 2011] : Mercenary: "There are four of the smugglers, led by a mage."
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:21 2011] : Donessh: "Doesn't ring a bell, sorry"
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:25 2011] : Kava: "And where might they be at?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:34 2011] : Mordecai: Bluff: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:45 2011] : Kava: Kava looks at Dones and raises an eye brow
[Wed Sep 28 20:24:54 2011] : Mercenary: "They were said to have holed up in a cave near the shore but the cave is empty."
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:01 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai tries to look like he agrees with Donessh
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:08 2011] : Mercenary: "Not heard anything at all?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:17 2011] : Kava: "Perhaps they left"
[Wed Sep 28 20:25:46 2011] : Donessh: "Brave smugglers with that Dragon about"
[Wed Sep 28 20:26:29 2011] : Donessh: "Perhaps they were sunk. It was out and about the other night"
[Wed Sep 28 20:26:59 2011] : Mercenary: "Aye. We're not going to hang about here while that beast is around." (to the others) "Right, let's keep looking, we don't have time to waste."
[Wed Sep 28 20:27:19 2011] : Donessh: "Good hunting"
[Wed Sep 28 20:27:27 2011] : Kava: "Yes, good luck"
[Wed Sep 28 20:27:29 2011] : DM: The small group of mercs continue on."
[Wed Sep 28 20:28:31 2011] : DM: ooc hmmm. Plan neatly scuppered.
[Wed Sep 28 20:28:42 2011] : Mordecai: "I wonder who is paying their fee? That would be two jobs that we have resolved for them"
[Wed Sep 28 20:28:43 2011] : Donessh: ooc lol, sorry
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:15 2011] : Kava: "Yes, how are we going to collect our pay?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:17 2011] : Donessh: "I dont like them, so I'm happy to make them look like fools"
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:24 2011] : DM: You reach the town in the early afternoon of the following day.
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:25 2011] : Kava: Kava laughs
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:32 2011] : Donessh: ooc you could've asked me for a bluff check if you wanted
[Wed Sep 28 20:29:54 2011] : Donessh: "Their attitude at the mine disgusted me"
[Wed Sep 28 20:30:10 2011] : DM: You are greated at the town gates by a small delegation of merchants.
[Wed Sep 28 20:30:25 2011] : Mordecai: ooc I imagine I looked mighty confused when Donessh lied
[Wed Sep 28 20:30:26 2011] : Donessh: "Granted not the same men, but still"
[Wed Sep 28 20:30:48 2011] : Mordecai: "I agree Donessh, though I'm not keen on lies"
[Wed Sep 28 20:31:40 2011] : Kava: "Yes, it's much better to just *circumvent* the truth without actually lying"
[Wed Sep 28 20:32:11 2011] : Donessh: "Would you not happily lie to those who would cause trouble for money?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:32:38 2011] : Raquel: "We wish to thank you for ridding the area of that dragon. Ship captains have reported that the nightly attacks have ceased and that the dragon was seen flying inland."
[Wed Sep 28 20:33:44 2011] : Raquel: "As agreed here is 420 gold pieces as a reward." (she hands over a heavy sack of gold coins).
[Wed Sep 28 20:33:44 2011] : Kava: "It was our pleasure"
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:21 2011] : Kava: "Thank you"
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:27 2011] : Mordecai: "Not so much a pleasure"
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:30 2011] : Kava: Kava tucks the money away
[Wed Sep 28 20:34:39 2011] : Mordecai: "But a necessary task that we were happy to perform"
[Wed Sep 28 20:35:10 2011] : Raquel: "A task performed well for which we are greatful. Now money can flow into this town again."
[Wed Sep 28 20:35:19 2011] : Donessh: Donessh nods silently
[Wed Sep 28 20:36:49 2011] : Raquel: "We shall be sure to look you up again if we need similar services in the future."
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:04 2011] : Raquel: "Goodbye."
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:05 2011] : Donessh: "Thank you"
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:13 2011] : DM: ooc what next?
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:15 2011] : Mordecai: "You are welcome"
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:15 2011] : Donessh: "So.... Miranda?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:27 2011] : Donessh: oco was it Miranda?
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:30 2011] : Kava: "Yes, we'd better"
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:38 2011] : Mordecai: "Yes, we have obtained both items, and maybe she can tell us what our mystery potion is"
[Wed Sep 28 20:37:47 2011] : DM: ooc Miranda is the right name.
[Wed Sep 28 20:38:06 2011] : Donessh: "And perhaps we should find out who hired those mercs"
[Wed Sep 28 20:38:26 2011] : Donessh: ooc ty. Dont know why I have trouble with that name
[Wed Sep 28 20:38:44 2011] : Miranda: Miranda greats you warmly and leads you into are comformtable library.
[Wed Sep 28 20:39:27 2011] : Mordecai: ooc is she a big flouncy woman with a penchant for overdramatism for comic effect?
[Wed Sep 28 20:39:48 2011] : Miranda: "First, I have some important new. I have managed to decipher some of the shadar-kai encoded texts and they make alarming reading.
[Wed Sep 28 20:40:47 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai listens attentively
[Wed Sep 28 20:41:04 2011] : Donessh: "How so?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:41:08 2011] : Kava: "Tell us"
[Wed Sep 28 20:41:26 2011] : Miranda: "They talk of a plot to assassinate key members of the town to destabilize the council and allow them to take control."
[Wed Sep 28 20:41:42 2011] : Kava: "Of this town?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:42:17 2011] : Mordecai: "Do you think our interference has disrupted these plans?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:42:43 2011] : Miranda: "Two plans are mentioned, the principle involves a rare, imported poison sourced from somewhere. I've not been able to decipher from who or what the poison is exactly."
[Wed Sep 28 20:43:41 2011] : Donessh: "Ah!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:43:53 2011] : Miranda: "As yet, I believe the plans are still very much in action. Spider was only peripherally involved in a support role."
[Wed Sep 28 20:43:54 2011] : Donessh: "Perhaps we can help with that"
[Wed Sep 28 20:43:55 2011] : Kava: "We have something to show you, I guess"
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:01 2011] : Miranda: "Yes?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:02 2011] : Donessh: ooc who has it?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:29 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai withdraws the potion from the bag of holding
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:36 2011] : Kava: Kava produces the bottle they received on the beach
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:41 2011] : Donessh: "We had a little... encounter by the beach"
[Wed Sep 28 20:44:41 2011] : Mordecai: "We may have intercepted this poison"
[Wed Sep 28 20:45:18 2011] : Miranda: "May I examine the bottle?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:45:30 2011] : Kava: "Of course"
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:16 2011] : Miranda: Mirandra looks at the substance in the bottle carefully. "It certainly has an ominous appearance doesn't it?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:46:36 2011] : Miranda: "Allow me a few minutes in my lab to run some tests?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:47:02 2011] : Mordecai: "Be careful with it!"
[Wed Sep 28 20:47:03 2011] : Donessh: "Please do. We thought it wise to leave unopened"
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:08 2011] : Miranda: Miranda leaves and returns in 10 minutes.
[Wed Sep 28 20:48:59 2011] : Miranda: "Preliminary analysis confirms that this is a potent poison and its one that is sufficiently exotic that basic alchemical tests have been unable to identify it exactly."
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:29 2011] : Mordecai: "What should we do with it? Do you have any advice?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:31 2011] : Kava: "I'm so happy we intercepted this delivery"
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:35 2011] : Miranda: "It would appear that you have twarted plan A."
[Wed Sep 28 20:49:50 2011] : Donessh: "They must have a reason for choosing such a poison"
[Wed Sep 28 20:50:13 2011] : Miranda: "That still leaves the backup plan is is unhelpfully only described as plan M."
[Wed Sep 28 20:50:38 2011] : Kava: "What do you know about that plan?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:50:46 2011] : Miranda: "I would assume that the poison is difficult to detect and fast acting."
[Wed Sep 28 20:51:21 2011] : Donessh: "Do we know the identity of the intended victims?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:51:46 2011] : Miranda: "I know nothing about plan M. The papers suggest that everyone should be familiar with it."
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:01 2011] : Filica: ooc ok, I'm off people
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:06 2011] : Filica: ooc good night :)
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:10 2011] : Donessh: ooc gn dell. Sleep tight
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:15 2011] : Miranda: ooc g'night Delphine. Hope you feel better soon.
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:18 2011] : Filica (exit): 20:52
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:18 2011] : Kava: ooc Goodnight, sweet dreams, get well soon
[Wed Sep 28 20:52:28 2011] : Mordecai: ooc too slow!
[Wed Sep 28 20:53:04 2011] : Donessh: "I hope the M has nothing to do with you, Miranda"
[Wed Sep 28 20:53:05 2011] : Kava: ooc You might still catch her in IRC
[Wed Sep 28 20:54:22 2011] : Miranda: "I don't think I have anything to do with a shady assassination. But let me check my diary."
[Wed Sep 28 20:55:18 2011] : Donessh: Donessh smiles
[Wed Sep 28 20:55:28 2011] : Kava: "I think Donessh was talking about you being the possible victiom and not the perpetrator"
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:29 2011] : Miranda: "I suppose that's a possibility but I would need more evidence before I could consider it."
[Wed Sep 28 20:56:59 2011] : Miranda: "Now, the three targets are all long-standing members of the town council with a reputation for fairness and honesty."
[Wed Sep 28 20:57:29 2011] : Kava: "Which would explain why those villains want them gone"
[Wed Sep 28 20:58:40 2011] : Miranda: "They are Alyssia Throckmorton, the captain of the town watch...
[Wed Sep 28 20:59:27 2011] : Mordecai: ooc fingers crossed one of them is called Guybrush Threepwood ;-)
[Wed Sep 28 20:59:35 2011] : Donessh: "How many people sit on the council altogether?"
[Wed Sep 28 20:59:39 2011] : Miranda: "... Randolph Firness, the owner of the best smithy in town..."
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:00 2011] : Donessh: ooc I'm loving Alyssias surname!
[Wed Sep 28 21:00:19 2011] : Donessh: ooc thats a surname you pay attention to!
[Wed Sep 28 21:01:11 2011] : Miranda: "... and Charles Barin, the leader of the wool guild."
[Wed Sep 28 21:02:46 2011] : Miranda: "There are five more council members. I believe you've already met Rulden Murry, the jeweler."
[Wed Sep 28 21:03:03 2011] : Miranda: ooc and I'm not inventing names and professions for the others.
[Wed Sep 28 21:03:12 2011] : Donessh: ooc awww
[Wed Sep 28 21:03:17 2011] : Mordecai: "Presumably not quite so reputable or fair?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:09 2011] : Donessh: "So do any of the other five have less than ideal reputations?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:20 2011] : Donessh: "as in, could they be involved?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:04:30 2011] : Miranda: "Murry has a reputation of being rather greedy and spends much of his time trying to manipulate the council for personal gain."
[Wed Sep 28 21:05:06 2011] : Miranda: "They others are largely unremarkable, but likely easily swayed by bribery or coercion."
[Wed Sep 28 21:05:18 2011] : Donessh: "He didn't strike me as the murderous type"
[Wed Sep 28 21:06:06 2011] : Miranda: "Perhaps an unwitting pawn? Or perhaps he isn't involved in this particular scheme. It would be out of character for him I suppose."
[Wed Sep 28 21:06:17 2011] : Kava: "No, but then poison is a coward's weapon"
[Wed Sep 28 21:06:54 2011] : Miranda: "Now, what you have to decide now is what course of action to take."
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:28 2011] : Donessh: "I think we must inform the persons involved, at least"
[Wed Sep 28 21:07:32 2011] : Miranda: "If you have the opal and the scale I can perform the ritual to locate the communication crystal and you might be able to follow the evidence from there."
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:03 2011] : Mordecai: "Sounds liek the beginnings of a plan"
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:10 2011] : Miranda: "Or you could try and follow some leads from these coded papers. Some are accounts that list substantial payments to an intermediary."
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:26 2011] : Donessh: "Oh yes, the scale. I'd forgotten all about that in the excitement"
[Wed Sep 28 21:08:51 2011] : Miranda: "Or you could alert the council and try and force their hand into acting early and rashly."
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:03 2011] : Miranda: "Or something else?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:13 2011] : Mordecai: "Let's not show how much we've learned yet"
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:21 2011] : Kava: "Or a combination: follow the leads from the papers, warn the intended victims and try to locate the crystal"
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:32 2011] : Mordecai: "No-one else knows the poison is with us at present"
[Wed Sep 28 21:09:54 2011] : Mordecai: "It may be better if we don't seek the bounty on that one for the moment!"
[Wed Sep 28 21:10:16 2011] : Donessh: "I concur"
[Wed Sep 28 21:10:16 2011] : Mordecai: "Miranda, do you have somewhere secret and safe to keep it?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:10:33 2011] : Mordecai: "I do not relish it being found on us if we are searched"
[Wed Sep 28 21:11:49 2011] : Mordecai: "People could be manipulated into detaining us, despite our sterling reputations. I have little trust in the legal system in a town that we know can be coerced or bribed"
[Wed Sep 28 21:11:55 2011] : Miranda: "Yes, I have a warded place where I can store it."
[Wed Sep 28 21:12:45 2011] : Donessh: "Shall we try the communication crystal, then?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:13:01 2011] : Mordecai: "Aye"
[Wed Sep 28 21:13:35 2011] : Miranda: "If you wish to track the comminication device it will take an hour or so to make the triangulation device but then you will need to operate it from three separate locations to get a good fix."
[Wed Sep 28 21:14:09 2011] : Miranda: "Ideally these locations would be centres of magical power or places where the boundary between the planes is weakened."
[Wed Sep 28 21:14:24 2011] : Donessh: "Can you direct us to such places?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:14:34 2011] : Miranda: "Be careful as such locations often attract the undead or magical, extra planar beings."
[Wed Sep 28 21:14:42 2011] : Kava: "I'm guessing this would be a good place"
[Wed Sep 28 21:14:55 2011] : Miranda: "There are a few such locations nearby."
[Wed Sep 28 21:15:29 2011] : Miranda: "Yes, my tower would be one such location. Another would be the town cemetary after dark."
[Wed Sep 28 21:15:55 2011] : Mordecai: "remember we all have flasks of holy water"
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:07 2011] : Miranda: "There is an ancient ruined temple beneath the town that is another possibility."
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:50 2011] : Miranda: "There is also a ruined mage tower on a small island just off the shore."
[Wed Sep 28 21:16:52 2011] : Donessh: "Are those locations sufficently far apart to give a good location?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:23 2011] : Mordecai: Mordecai looks confused
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:30 2011] : Miranda: "Yes, provided the crystall is somewhere in the local area (or in a plane close by)."
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:31 2011] : Mordecai: "Is that important?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:17:48 2011] : Mordecai: ooc me know know no triangulashun
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:01 2011] : Mordecai: ooc me no know no triangulashun
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:31 2011] : Miranda: Miranda explains how the triangulation works.
[Wed Sep 28 21:18:39 2011] : Mordecai: "If you say so Miranda, but such arcane devices are outside my knowledge"
[Wed Sep 28 21:19:27 2011] : Miranda: "The device gives a direction where the crystal is which may be where it physically is or where it crosses from one plane to another."
[Wed Sep 28 21:19:39 2011] : Donessh: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 28 21:20:05 2011] : Kava: "I think we should be able to figure out how to do it, with Miranda's help"
[Wed Sep 28 21:20:18 2011] : Miranda: "Two locations would actually be theoretically sufficient but three is preferred as the device will not be precise."
[Wed Sep 28 21:20:54 2011] : Miranda: "Even more would allow a more accurate fix."
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:19 2011] : Mordecai: "That's fine. Maybe two is enough for you, but three is more likely to be better for us amateurs"
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:56 2011] : Miranda: ooc basically its "choose your own random encounter" :P
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:49 2011] : Mordecai: ooc can we keep a finger in the page and go back if we don't lik the outcome?
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:52 2011] : Kava: ooc Undead or undead? Goody!
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:08 2011] : Miranda: ooc undead, magical beasts or extraplaner (devils, demons perhaps).
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:09 2011] : Donessh: ooc not that any of us would ever have done such a thing!
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:09 2011] : Kava: ooc Quick save now
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:20 2011] : Mordecai: "I think the graveyard sounds like a start"
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:42 2011] : Kava: "And then the temple, if we're still alive?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:23:44 2011] : Donessh: ooc is it close to dark?
[Wed Sep 28 21:24:20 2011] : Miranda: Early afternoon
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:27 2011] : Mordecai: "Maybe the temple first then?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:42 2011] : Donessh: "Well, we need to let Miranda make the device first"
[Wed Sep 28 21:25:56 2011] : Miranda: "That will take about an hour."
[Wed Sep 28 21:26:55 2011] : Donessh: "Can we do anything to help?"
[Wed Sep 28 21:27:03 2011] : Miranda: "I don't think so."
[Wed Sep 28 21:28:06 2011] : Kava: Kava takes a nap while Miranda works
[Wed Sep 28 21:28:40 2011] : DM: GAME END