Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 31 20:09:48 2011] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 31 20:11:04 2011] : (1) DM: You've just received a box with a small glass bottle of black liquid from a strange group of smugglers.
[Wed Aug 31 20:11:42 2011] : (1) DM: Dawn is only two hours away.
[Wed Aug 31 20:12:29 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Lets hold on to this until after we've dealt with this dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 20:13:19 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Yes, but let's keep it hidden"
[Wed Aug 31 20:13:37 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We have no idea what we have"
[Wed Aug 31 20:13:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Hopefully Miranda will know something about it"
[Wed Aug 31 20:13:54 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc it IS miranda, isn't it?
[Wed Aug 31 20:13:58 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Shall I put it in this bag of holding?"
[Wed Aug 31 20:14:18 2011] : (5) Filica: "For all we know it might explode in our faces as soon as we put it to the light of day"
[Wed Aug 31 20:14:28 2011] : (5) Filica: "Yeah, but be careful with that thing"
[Wed Aug 31 20:15:30 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "OK, let's go find us a dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 20:15:39 2011] : (1) DM: ooc how did you all get so paranoid?
[Wed Aug 31 20:15:58 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Mordecai puts the vial in the bag
[Wed Aug 31 20:16:26 2011] : (3) Donessh: Donessh looks at Filica strangely
[Wed Aug 31 20:16:43 2011] : (1) DM: Staying here in the cave for the rest of the night
[Wed Aug 31 20:16:59 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc may as well
[Wed Aug 31 20:17:48 2011] : (1) DM: The rest of the night passes uneventfully
[Wed Aug 31 20:18:30 2011] : (1) DM: Dawn starts of misty but it soon lifts with the sun.
[Wed Aug 31 20:18:53 2011] : (5) Filica: "Good morning"
[Wed Aug 31 20:19:22 2011] : (5) Filica: "I wonder whether we'll one day again spend a *whole* night without any weird things happening to us"
[Wed Aug 31 20:20:13 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 31 20:20:30 2011] : (3) Donessh: "We kill the occupants of a beach cave and stay the night and you're surprised something strange happened??"
[Wed Aug 31 20:22:03 2011] : (6) Kava (enter): 20:22
[Wed Aug 31 20:22:13 2011] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Kava...
[Wed Aug 31 20:22:17 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc Woohoo!
[Wed Aug 31 20:22:17 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc Woooo!
[Wed Aug 31 20:23:00 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc I never had to click Connect or Join room
[Wed Aug 31 20:23:04 2011] : (5) Filica: "No, I'm not, but I would love to spend a night untroubled, not killing, or receiving dtrange parcels"
[Wed Aug 31 20:23:21 2011] : (5) Filica: "you know, not sleep with one eye open"
[Wed Aug 31 20:23:28 2011] : (5) Filica: "I guess that's adventuring for you"
[Wed Aug 31 20:23:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Indeed it is"
[Wed Aug 31 20:23:55 2011] : (6) Kava: "At least we can look out for eachother"
[Wed Aug 31 20:25:21 2011] : (1) DM: ooc onwards to the dragon?
[Wed Aug 31 20:26:08 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc why not
[Wed Aug 31 20:26:28 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "OK, let's go find us a dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 20:26:38 2011] : (5) Filica: "So, last night, I saw the dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 20:26:48 2011] : (1) DM: You climb the stairs to the cliff top and continue along the path to the west.
[Wed Aug 31 20:26:53 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica points in the general direction
[Wed Aug 31 20:27:01 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc and off we go :)
[Wed Aug 31 20:27:15 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Not up close I assume"
[Wed Aug 31 20:27:41 2011] : (1) DM: After a couple of hours you spot a rocky headland up ahead. This could be where the dragon lairs based on the description from the merchants.
[Wed Aug 31 20:27:50 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 31 20:28:10 2011] : (1) DM: It's another three hours walk along the rough path to reach it.
[Wed Aug 31 20:28:20 2011] : (6) Kava: "Better be very carefulo from here on out"
[Wed Aug 31 20:29:02 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc back - Sam is at work tonight and Freya keeps getting out of bed and opening her door
[Wed Aug 31 20:29:51 2011] : (1) DM: You keep going.
[Wed Aug 31 20:29:59 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc Of course she does :)
[Wed Aug 31 20:30:10 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc does any of us know anything about dragons? (says one of the Dragonborn)
[Wed Aug 31 20:30:26 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc About what? ;)
[Wed Aug 31 20:31:03 2011] : (1) DM: After two and a half hours you start to the smell the dragon. Sour, like strong vineger mixed with the odd metallic tang.
[Wed Aug 31 20:31:25 2011] : (6) Kava: "We're getting closer"
[Wed Aug 31 20:31:35 2011] : (1) DM: ooc last change for any length preparations or last minute common sense and a run back to town ;)
[Wed Aug 31 20:31:39 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "That's a pretty offputting smell!"
[Wed Aug 31 20:32:07 2011] : (6) Kava: "Can we hide here and sneak in when the dragon flies away to look for some scales?"
[Wed Aug 31 20:32:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Thats maybe not a bad idea, but think of the fame when we kill it"
[Wed Aug 31 20:33:06 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Or the obscurity we achieve when it kills us"
[Wed Aug 31 20:33:27 2011] : (6) Kava: "Posthumous fame is not what I'm after"
[Wed Aug 31 20:33:33 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica laughs, a bit tense
[Wed Aug 31 20:34:01 2011] : (6) Kava: "I'm not afraid to fight, but I dislike suicide"
[Wed Aug 31 20:34:53 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I agree with Kava's plan"
[Wed Aug 31 20:35:07 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We have no idea of the size of the dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 20:35:40 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Ok, so we wait for it to leave and get a good look at it. "
[Wed Aug 31 20:35:40 2011] : (6) Kava: "Unless you can tell us more, Filica, you're the only only of us that has seen the beast"
[Wed Aug 31 20:35:57 2011] : (3) Donessh: "The we sneak in and look for scales and if we think we're up to the task, try to kill it"
[Wed Aug 31 20:36:16 2011] : (6) Kava: "I like that, Donessh"
[Wed Aug 31 20:36:38 2011] : (5) Filica: "I've seen it from extremely far away"
[Wed Aug 31 20:36:42 2011] : (5) Filica: "So I can't tell you much"
[Wed Aug 31 20:36:47 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We would do better to prepare an attack anyway"
[Wed Aug 31 20:37:08 2011] : (5) Filica: "Sounds good"
[Wed Aug 31 20:37:08 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Does anyone know if it has any weaknesses?"
[Wed Aug 31 20:37:39 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc nature or arcana?
[Wed Aug 31 20:37:48 2011] : (1) DM: ooc Miranda gave you a bunch of information on copper dragons.
[Wed Aug 31 20:38:26 2011] : (1) DM: They're resilient and highly resistant to acid but with no weak points or vulnerabilities.
[Wed Aug 31 20:38:29 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I think Miranda may have mentioned some things"
[Wed Aug 31 20:39:12 2011] : (6) Kava: "Yeah, it seems they're resistant to acid, as am I. Unfortunately acid attacks are my strong point"
[Wed Aug 31 20:39:40 2011] : (1) DM: They are very difficult to flank as they're prone to taking flight and lashing out with tail or wing at the flanker.
[Wed Aug 31 20:40:36 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Ok, lets find a good spot to watch"
[Wed Aug 31 20:40:40 2011] : (1) DM: ooc feel free to read the Young Copper Dragon entry in the MM.
[Wed Aug 31 20:40:47 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "As they can fly, I'd suggest we'd be better attacking in the cave, and blocking its exit if at all possible, that way we may be able to keep it grounded"
[Wed Aug 31 20:41:36 2011] : (1) DM: Any moving closer for a closer look make a stealth check.
[Wed Aug 31 20:41:38 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Yes, keeping it grounded would be good"
[Wed Aug 31 20:41:50 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc Nature checks for dragons
[Wed Aug 31 20:42:32 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc my MM is elsewhere (somewhere)
[Wed Aug 31 20:43:16 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Probably best I dont go any closer. This armour isn't subtle"
[Wed Aug 31 20:43:44 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc mine's in another room, but I have the pdf... I only have chromatic dragons under D
[Wed Aug 31 20:43:48 2011] : (5) Filica: Nature: [1d20(17) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 25
[Wed Aug 31 20:44:02 2011] : (1) DM: ooc oh yeah. It's in the MM2.
[Wed Aug 31 20:44:05 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc No metallic dragons in my MM either
[Wed Aug 31 20:44:48 2011] : (1) DM: ooc MM2: all the monsters that should have been in the MM but weren't. *Ka-ching*
[Wed Aug 31 20:44:55 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica observes the land around to see if she can get closer without getting noticed
[Wed Aug 31 20:45:14 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc an interesting business model
[Wed Aug 31 20:45:15 2011] : (5) Filica: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 28
[Wed Aug 31 20:45:22 2011] : (1) DM: Filica, there's plenty of cover, scrubby bushes and boulders.
[Wed Aug 31 20:45:32 2011] : (5) Filica: brb, freezing
[Wed Aug 31 20:46:02 2011] : (6) Kava: Kava keeps an eye on Filica
[Wed Aug 31 20:46:34 2011] : (1) DM: Filica creeps closer moving from cover to cover until she can spot the dragon. It's copper scales glinting in the sunlight as it sleeps curled up amongst the rocks.
[Wed Aug 31 20:47:15 2011] : (5) Filica: As soon as she gets a glimpse of the dragon, Filica retreats to her companions
[Wed Aug 31 20:47:57 2011] : (5) Filica: But takes some time to commit the lay of the rocks to memory, looking for high ground and sneaky ways
[Wed Aug 31 20:47:58 2011] : (1) DM: The body of the dragon is about the size of a horse and its long neck and tail are both as long as it's body.
[Wed Aug 31 20:48:36 2011] : (1) DM: Okay, Filica, make a perception check.
[Wed Aug 31 20:49:14 2011] : (5) Filica: Passive perception: [10 + 2] = 12
[Wed Aug 31 20:49:31 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc or just a d20?
[Wed Aug 31 20:49:33 2011] : (1) DM: ooc [1d20(2)] = 2
[Wed Aug 31 20:49:42 2011] : (5) Filica: [1d20(19)] = 19
[Wed Aug 31 20:49:51 2011] : (1) DM: ooc ok so 21
[Wed Aug 31 20:50:06 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc Im' lost without my icons, lol
[Wed Aug 31 20:50:33 2011] : (1) DM: You take note of the position of the rock and the bushes. (bonus to any future stealth checks when in the area).
[Wed Aug 31 20:51:17 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc cool :D
[Wed Aug 31 20:51:55 2011] : (1) DM: As you return you near the dragon shift behind you.
[Wed Aug 31 20:52:55 2011] : (1) DM: It stands up on its four legs and stretches and yawns. Its large mouth open wide and reavealing its fearsome mouth dripping with acid.
[Wed Aug 31 20:53:09 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc ups
[Wed Aug 31 20:53:14 2011] : (1) DM: Its turns in place and settles down again.
[Wed Aug 31 20:54:03 2011] : (1) DM: It seems to be sleeping again.
[Wed Aug 31 20:54:15 2011] : (5) Filica: "It's asleep, but a light sleep, I would say"
[Wed Aug 31 20:54:50 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Is it a cave over there, or open rocks?"
[Wed Aug 31 20:55:11 2011] : (1) DM: ooc open rocks
[Wed Aug 31 20:55:15 2011] : (5) Filica: "Open rocks"
[Wed Aug 31 20:55:28 2011] : (6) Kava: "Drat"
[Wed Aug 31 20:55:39 2011] : (5) Filica: "I've made out a path to get there and possibly palces where we can try and hide"
[Wed Aug 31 20:55:42 2011] : (5) Filica: "Although..."
[Wed Aug 31 20:56:09 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica looks at the shiny armors
[Wed Aug 31 20:56:14 2011] : (5) Filica: "I guess that won't help"
[Wed Aug 31 20:56:22 2011] : (1) DM: ooc But the rocks would provide cover against fly-by-attacks if you positioned yourself appropriately.
[Wed Aug 31 20:56:28 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I'm not approaching it without"
[Wed Aug 31 20:56:49 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Do you think we can stop it getting to us from the air?"
[Wed Aug 31 20:57:02 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We need to use the terrain to our advantage"
[Wed Aug 31 20:57:17 2011] : (5) Filica: "Yes, there are some high rocks which would provide some cover"
[Wed Aug 31 20:57:52 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica draws a rough lay of the spot on the ground
[Wed Aug 31 20:59:07 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "So we keeb below overhanging outcrops, or with rock to our backs to stop it getting a swipe from the air"
[Wed Aug 31 20:59:31 2011] : (5) Filica: "exactly"
[Wed Aug 31 20:59:40 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Could we set a trap for it returning?"
[Wed Aug 31 20:59:48 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We need to force it to fight on our terms, even if that means we take our time... No rash moves"
[Wed Aug 31 21:00:18 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I am not skilled in such things Adrin, though maybe we could fashion something"
[Wed Aug 31 21:00:28 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc who is this Adrin??
[Wed Aug 31 21:00:58 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc KMAO
[Wed Aug 31 21:01:16 2011] : (6) Kava: "Fashion something like what?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:02:56 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Not something I have studied either"
[Wed Aug 31 21:02:58 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 31 21:03:10 2011] : (1) DM: ooc brb also
[Wed Aug 31 21:03:29 2011] : (6) Kava: "I never would have believed that I'd be fighting dragons"
[Wed Aug 31 21:04:37 2011] : (1) DM: ooc back
[Wed Aug 31 21:05:50 2011] : (5) Filica: "Everything happens"
[Wed Aug 31 21:05:59 2011] : (5) Filica: "So, are we clear on how we want to go about this?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:06:04 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc back
[Wed Aug 31 21:06:13 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Maybe if we ask nicely it'll give us a scale or two"
[Wed Aug 31 21:06:25 2011] : (6) Kava: "Are we sure we want to attacK?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:06:26 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc Adrin? wow, slip of the type
[Wed Aug 31 21:07:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc odd though that I thought of him too, when you said 'no rash moves'
[Wed Aug 31 21:07:57 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 31 21:08:09 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc it was pretty muich his signature attack
[Wed Aug 31 21:09:34 2011] : (6) Kava: "I do hope it flies out so we can collect what we want without a fight"
[Wed Aug 31 21:09:52 2011] : (6) Kava: "Although it's not as big as I feared"
[Wed Aug 31 21:09:54 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Ok, so we wait for it to leave for the night, go in, look for scales, maybe set a trap and attack it when it returns?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:09:55 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "OK, we either wait around to see if it flies off, or we approach cautiously now"
[Wed Aug 31 21:11:32 2011] : (3) Donessh: "I'd like to try looking for scales option, just in case"
[Wed Aug 31 21:11:49 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "So we wait"
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:00 2011] : (5) Filica: "OK, so we wait for it to fly off. It flew around {{insert time I saw the dragon fly here}}"
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:16 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Mordecai sits, and covers himself with some branches from nearby trees
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:24 2011] : (1) DM: Ok.
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:45 2011] : (5) Filica: "So it's probably going to be a bit before it flies off. I'm not too sure that even covering ourselves will help."
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:53 2011] : (3) Donessh: Donessh tries the same
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:54 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc don't dragons have an amazing sense of smell?
[Wed Aug 31 21:12:56 2011] : (1) DM: You wait the rest of the day keeping an eye on the dragon. It occasionally stirs or stretches or shifts in its sleep.
[Wed Aug 31 21:13:21 2011] : (1) DM: Dragons don't have a particularly good sense of smell.
[Wed Aug 31 21:13:32 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc k
[Wed Aug 31 21:14:15 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc Mordecai makes a massive fire to keep warm when it gets dark (not)
[Wed Aug 31 21:14:27 2011] : (1) DM: As the sun sets the dragon awakes, stretches and prowls around the clifftop for a bit, flapping its wings and flexing its claws.
[Wed Aug 31 21:15:10 2011] : (1) DM: It crouches on a rock and launches itself deftly into the air. You are surprised by graceful and light on its feet it seems for such a large beast.
[Wed Aug 31 21:15:14 2011] : (6) Kava: Kava is fascinated by the creature
[Wed Aug 31 21:15:37 2011] : (6) Kava: "Let's wait until it's out of sight"
[Wed Aug 31 21:16:06 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "OK"
[Wed Aug 31 21:16:32 2011] : (1) DM: The dragon flies swiftly away and is soon out of sight as it flies low down, close to the water.
[Wed Aug 31 21:16:57 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Right, lets go searching"
[Wed Aug 31 21:17:15 2011] : (6) Kava: Kava goes to the dragon's lair
[Wed Aug 31 21:17:40 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Soemone keep an eye out for the dragon. Dont want to be surprised by it"
[Wed Aug 31 21:17:47 2011] : (1) DM: The ground is scuffed and scored by the dragon's clawed feet.
[Wed Aug 31 21:18:26 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica looks around for the best spots to hide
[Wed Aug 31 21:18:55 2011] : (1) DM: There are bones scattered about the place. (nature check to id the bones)
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:12 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Nature: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:14 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Nature: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:23 2011] : (6) Kava: Nature: [1d20(11) + 1] = 12
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:33 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc the nodes seem less responsive since the update
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:33 2011] : (3) Donessh: Nature: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:38 2011] : (5) Filica: Nature: [1d20(5) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 13
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:39 2011] : (1) DM: It doesn't take you long to spot a scale resting on a natural shelf on a nearby rock.
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:48 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc your nodes, they're way too complicated ;)
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:51 2011] : (5) Filica: ooc mine are fine :P
[Wed Aug 31 21:19:53 2011] : (6) Kava: "AH"
[Wed Aug 31 21:20:03 2011] : (1) DM: Mordecai thinks the bones are from a animal like a small deer or similar.
[Wed Aug 31 21:20:05 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc that was just a skill check
[Wed Aug 31 21:20:28 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "OK, it's been eating animals, not humans"
[Wed Aug 31 21:20:35 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Or other humanoids"
[Wed Aug 31 21:21:01 2011] : (1) DM: The dragon scale you find is a deeper, richer colour than the bright copper of the dragon. (Nature check)
[Wed Aug 31 21:21:11 2011] : (5) Filica: Nature: [1d20(15) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 23
[Wed Aug 31 21:21:22 2011] : (5) Filica: "Show me?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:21:59 2011] : (5) Filica: "uh oh"
[Wed Aug 31 21:22:07 2011] : (5) Filica: "This scale pertains to an older copper dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 21:22:23 2011] : (5) Filica: "The one we saw is probably the offspring"
[Wed Aug 31 21:22:32 2011] : (5) Filica: "Which means there might be a bigger one"
[Wed Aug 31 21:22:40 2011] : (5) Filica: "If the scale will work, we should just go"
[Wed Aug 31 21:22:43 2011] : (5) Filica: "and now"
[Wed Aug 31 21:22:52 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Absolutely!"
[Wed Aug 31 21:23:07 2011] : (6) Kava: "This way!"
[Wed Aug 31 21:23:10 2011] : (3) Donessh: "no argument here"
[Wed Aug 31 21:23:49 2011] : (1) DM: ooc running away?
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:18 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc Yep
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:20 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "One small point..."
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:28 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc more a tactical withdrawal
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:29 2011] : (6) Kava: ooc Strategical retreat
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:39 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We did, as the heroes of the town agree to take care of the dragon problem"
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:40 2011] : (6) Kava: "Yes?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:49 2011] : (5) Filica: "Ah!"
[Wed Aug 31 21:24:53 2011] : (5) Filica: "Ai forgot about that..."
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:09 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "If we run away, we're not fulfilling our end of that bargain"
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:13 2011] : (6) Kava: "An adult copper dragon isn't something we can take care of though"
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:18 2011] : (5) Filica: "true enough"
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:26 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I would not shame Amaunator by being proved faithless"
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:41 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica looks at the scale more closely, to see if she can determine how long it's been lying around
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:43 2011] : (5) Filica: Nature: [1d20(1) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 9
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:55 2011] : (1) DM: ooc insight checks
[Wed Aug 31 21:25:59 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We have no evidence to show that scale is not from some time ago"
[Wed Aug 31 21:26:04 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Insight: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Aug 31 21:26:05 2011] : (3) Donessh: Insight: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13
[Wed Aug 31 21:26:35 2011] : (5) Filica: Insight: [1d20(19) + 2 + 1] = 22
[Wed Aug 31 21:26:36 2011] : (3) Donessh: "This is true"
[Wed Aug 31 21:27:33 2011] : (3) Donessh: "We could hide the scale soemwhere safe, and if the worst should happen then any of us who survive could retrieve it and return it to Miranda"
[Wed Aug 31 21:28:18 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "The placement of the scale does not suggest one lost from an adult, but rather a memento of a parent since departed"
[Wed Aug 31 21:28:36 2011] : (5) Filica: "Yes, I was thinking the same"
[Wed Aug 31 21:28:47 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I think in retrospect, our fears of an adult are unfounded"
[Wed Aug 31 21:29:00 2011] : (6) Kava: Insight: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Aug 31 21:29:06 2011] : (3) Donessh: "You're saying its going to notice we've taken it?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:29:53 2011] : (6) Kava: "It would seem like it. We might have to fight it after all"
[Wed Aug 31 21:30:52 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "One, it would notice, and two the originator of he scale is not about to return"
[Wed Aug 31 21:31:20 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Lets get started on a trap then"
[Wed Aug 31 21:31:25 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I agree"
[Wed Aug 31 21:32:27 2011] : (6) Kava: "What kind of trap would catch a dragon?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:32:31 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica replaces the scale where it was found
[Wed Aug 31 21:32:52 2011] : (3) Donessh: "I have no idea"
[Wed Aug 31 21:33:16 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Mordecai takes out his two 50 foot ropes and strings them across likely looking routes of movement for a dragon trying to attack, wedging them in cracks, tying them around tree stumps etc.
[Wed Aug 31 21:33:51 2011] : (4) Mordecai: All at a height of about 2 metres so as not to hinder our movement
[Wed Aug 31 21:34:28 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Could you make those a little higher? I'm quite tall"
[Wed Aug 31 21:34:36 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Hopefully this won't hinder our movement, but will prevent it flying to get us, and make the terrain difficult for a tall creature"
[Wed Aug 31 21:34:37 2011] : (1) DM: ooc ok, that will prevent fly by attacks until the dragon spends a round to tear down the ropes.
[Wed Aug 31 21:35:57 2011] : (1) DM: ooc anything else?
[Wed Aug 31 21:37:03 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica looks at the rocks and wonders if one could be used to hurt the dragon
[Wed Aug 31 21:37:26 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "They're high enough not to cause us a problem Donessh"
[Wed Aug 31 21:37:37 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc I'm 6'5"
[Wed Aug 31 21:37:47 2011] : (5) Filica: "I definitely won't have a problem with those
[Wed Aug 31 21:37:51 2011] : (6) Kava: "Just make sure you don't jump into them"
[Wed Aug 31 21:38:04 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc IIRC Donessh is over 7'
[Wed Aug 31 21:38:05 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica grins as she looks at the rope hanging way above her
[Wed Aug 31 21:38:16 2011] : (1) DM: None of the boulders or rocks look unstable enough to make a trap.
[Wed Aug 31 21:38:25 2011] : (4) Mordecai: (minor) Mordecai desperately swallows a potion (spends a healing surge, gaining 10HP)
[Wed Aug 31 21:38:32 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc damn
[Wed Aug 31 21:39:03 2011] : (5) Filica: Filica gives up the trap idea and looks for a spot where she can hide and be above the dragon to shoot at it and take cover
[Wed Aug 31 21:39:32 2011] : (1) DM: ok
[Wed Aug 31 21:40:01 2011] : (3) Donessh: Donessh looks for somwehre near the lair that he can hide
[Wed Aug 31 21:40:12 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We could smear the ropes in lamp oil and light them if it tries to snap them?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:40:42 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Not sure if that would hurt it though"
[Wed Aug 31 21:40:52 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Probably not"
[Wed Aug 31 21:41:13 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Its acid would probably eat through them anyway"
[Wed Aug 31 21:42:00 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Is you have a flask of lamp oil, it should be fairly easy to hit with it"
[Wed Aug 31 21:42:08 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "We can then set it on fire"
[Wed Aug 31 21:42:15 2011] : (6) Kava: Kava takes up a position between the rocks where she can still move a bit
[Wed Aug 31 21:42:27 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc throw a flask is a minor action IIRC
[Wed Aug 31 21:42:49 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "Again, I have no idea if this would hurt a dragon"
[Wed Aug 31 21:43:19 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Only one way to find out"
[Wed Aug 31 21:43:36 2011] : (3) Donessh: "HOw would we set it on fire?"
[Wed Aug 31 21:43:43 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Mordecai lines up some flasks on his belt
[Wed Aug 31 21:43:50 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I have a sunrod"
[Wed Aug 31 21:44:02 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Ok then"
[Wed Aug 31 21:44:06 2011] : (6) Kava: "I have 2 of those"
[Wed Aug 31 21:44:10 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I will need light once it returns anyway"
[Wed Aug 31 21:44:17 2011] : (4) Mordecai: "I cannot fight in the dark"
[Wed Aug 31 21:44:33 2011] : (3) Donessh: Donessh takes his flask of oil and attaches it to a belt pouch
[Wed Aug 31 21:45:21 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Nor I"
[Wed Aug 31 21:46:07 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Mordecai finds a place to shelter and waits
[Wed Aug 31 21:46:27 2011] : (6) Kava: Kava follows suit
[Wed Aug 31 21:46:42 2011] : (1) DM: Stealth checks
[Wed Aug 31 21:46:52 2011] : (4) Mordecai: Stealth: [1d20(1) + 0] = 1
[Wed Aug 31 21:47:19 2011] : (1) DM: ooc that neon sign? You should probably switch it off.
[Wed Aug 31 21:47:38 2011] : (6) Kava: Stealth: [1d20(20) + 1] = 21
[Wed Aug 31 21:47:52 2011] : (4) Mordecai: ooc :-)
[Wed Aug 31 21:47:53 2011] : (3) Donessh: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 0] = 7
[Wed Aug 31 21:47:55 2011] : (6) Kava: "Shhh!"
[Wed Aug 31 21:47:55 2011] : (5) Filica: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 16
[Wed Aug 31 21:48:33 2011] : (1) DM: Some cramped, uncomfortable hours later...
[Wed Aug 31 21:49:35 2011] : (1) DM: You hear the swoosh of the returning dragon's wing beats....
[Wed Aug 31 21:51:42 2011] : (1) Nimatzidri: "INTRUDERS! ADVENTURERS!" it roars suddenly with anger, spitting acid.
[Wed Aug 31 21:52:27 2011] : (1) Nimatzidri: The dragon folds its wings back and dives towards Mordecai, mouth agape, teeth flashing in the moonlight...
[Wed Aug 31 21:52:31 2011] : (1) Nimatzidri: GAME END