Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 27 19:48:16 2011] : (25) DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 27 19:48:21 2011] : ** No match found
[Wed Jul 27 19:48:49 2011] : (25) DM: You've collected some equipment and supplies from the mine's storeroom and are headed into the tunnels.
[Wed Jul 27 19:49:32 2011] : (25) DM: A miner removes the planks that where hastily nailed across the tunnel mouth and you head down the gently sloping mine tunnel.
[Wed Jul 27 19:50:24 2011] : (25) DM: The ceiling is supported every few metres by strong wooden supports.
[Wed Jul 27 19:50:27 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc loot page updated
[Wed Jul 27 19:50:40 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc ta
[Wed Jul 27 19:51:09 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc we seem to have an ironskin belt, shadowfell gloves and the bag of holding unclaimed
[Wed Jul 27 19:51:41 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Let's go and meet the fun guys"
[Wed Jul 27 19:52:34 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc shadowfell gloves are only of use to Kava
[Wed Jul 27 19:53:31 2011] : (24) Kava: ooc BRB
[Wed Jul 27 19:53:35 2011] : (24) Kava (exit): 19:53
[Wed Jul 27 19:54:11 2011] : (26) Kava (enter): 19:54
[Wed Jul 27 19:54:13 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc I thought Donessh took the belt?
[Wed Jul 27 19:54:45 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc I've not got it on my sheet
[Wed Jul 27 19:54:52 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Had problem typing, my characters got all mixed up :(
[Wed Jul 27 19:55:24 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc About those gloves: nobody else has damaging spells?
[Wed Jul 27 19:55:34 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc no-one else uses arcane attacks
[Wed Jul 27 19:55:53 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc Take it Donessh
[Wed Jul 27 19:55:56 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc OK
[Wed Jul 27 19:56:03 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc ok
[Wed Jul 27 19:56:48 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai begins down the passage until gloom causes the need to have some lighting
[Wed Jul 27 19:57:20 2011] : (25) DM: You decend through the upper mine workings with short tunnels branching off to either side as the miners chased veins of opal-bearing rock.
[Wed Jul 27 19:58:45 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I'll take the bag for now if no-one minds?"
[Wed Jul 27 19:59:12 2011] : (26) Kava: "Sure, if you can use it. Who has needs of those gloves?"
[Wed Jul 27 19:59:13 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Not a problem"
[Wed Jul 27 19:59:14 2011] : (25) DM: The further you travel the newer the tunnels become as the miners have dug deeper and deeper.
[Wed Jul 27 19:59:42 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh straps the belt around him
[Wed Jul 27 19:59:58 2011] : (26) Kava: "They seem to have been working hard here, look at all the new tunnels"
[Wed Jul 27 20:00:33 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I am somewhat lost down here, but these tunnels look to be freshly hollowed"
[Wed Jul 27 20:00:39 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "If that is the term"
[Wed Jul 27 20:00:47 2011] : (25) DM: At the end, the tunnel breaks through into a natural passageway. The miners boarded up the opening and continued tunnelling in a different direction but only for another few metres.
[Wed Jul 27 20:01:04 2011] : (26) Kava: "I like that term, whether it's correct or not"
[Wed Jul 27 20:01:08 2011] : (23) Donessh: "This is different"
[Wed Jul 27 20:01:25 2011] : (26) Kava: "Hmm"
[Wed Jul 27 20:01:52 2011] : (26) Kava: "Why board up what looks like a perfectly fine tunnel?"
[Wed Jul 27 20:02:05 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc which side were the boards smashed from?
[Wed Jul 27 20:02:42 2011] : (25) DM: The boards have been cracked and split and hang crooked from bent nails or lie on the ground. Something has broken through from the otherside.
[Wed Jul 27 20:03:18 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I think we found where the trouble comes from"
[Wed Jul 27 20:03:22 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Looks like they wanted to keep something in this cave, but failed"
[Wed Jul 27 20:03:26 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Shall we step through?"
[Wed Jul 27 20:03:34 2011] : (26) Kava: "By all means"
[Wed Jul 27 20:03:45 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc is the ground soft enough for prints?
[Wed Jul 27 20:03:55 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava clasps her staff as she goes on
[Wed Jul 27 20:04:23 2011] : (25) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 27 20:06:42 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc So, did anyone look at the link I gave in chat?
[Wed Jul 27 20:07:25 2011] : (25) DM: There are broad footprints on the sandy floor. Probably myconid prints. You hear loud squeaking noises and looking into the passageway you see three dire rats gnawing on a skeleton.
[Wed Jul 27 20:07:38 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc your grand-daughter?
[Wed Jul 27 20:07:59 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Yep :-D
[Wed Jul 27 20:08:09 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc very cute
[Wed Jul 27 20:08:33 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Yes, she is!
[Wed Jul 27 20:08:42 2011] : (26) Kava: "Urgh, filthy beasts"
[Wed Jul 27 20:09:42 2011] : (25) DM: The rats turns and stare at you with their beady little eyes, their noses twitch as the sniff out fresher meat.
[Wed Jul 27 20:09:45 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava steps forward to attack the rats
[Wed Jul 27 20:09:47 2011] : (25) DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Jul 27 20:09:54 2011] : (26) Kava: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Jul 27 20:09:57 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 7] = 8 - Battle Intuition
[Wed Jul 27 20:10:23 2011] : (23) Donessh: Initiative: [1d20(10) + 1] = 11
[Wed Jul 27 20:10:40 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc great set of rolls there
[Wed Jul 27 20:11:17 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc I've forgotten what my powers are!
[Wed Jul 27 20:12:47 2011] : (25) DM: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 1 / 2 + 2] = 17
[Wed Jul 27 20:12:50 2011] : (25) DM: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Jul 27 20:12:51 2011] : (25) DM: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 2] = 15
[Wed Jul 27 20:15:15 2011] : (25) DM: The skeleton the rats were gnawing on jerks upright suddenly, a rusty longsword it isn't bony grasp.
[Wed Jul 27 20:16:16 2011] : (25) Skeleton: It walks towards you. Bones making cracking and snapping noises as the click into place.
[Wed Jul 27 20:16:38 2011] : (25) DM: Donnesh?
[Wed Jul 27 20:17:40 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh approaches the skeleton
[Wed Jul 27 20:18:07 2011] : (23) Donessh: Dragon Breath: (EP) Minor Blast 3/Ranged 10, Burst 2:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20(10) + 4 + 0] = 14 - Hit: [1d6(4) + 1] = 5 Acid damage.

[Wed Jul 27 20:18:21 2011] : (23) Donessh: (targetted on the rats)
[Wed Jul 27 20:18:25 2011] : (23) Donessh: Dragon Breath extra attack: Blast 3: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20(17) + 4 + 0] = 21
[Wed Jul 27 20:18:25 2011] : (23) Donessh: Dragon Breath extra attack: Blast 3: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20(17) + 4 + 0] = 21
[Wed Jul 27 20:18:42 2011] : (25) DM: The sand shifts underfoot and you find yourself starting to sink into the sand. If you don't move you sink further in and be unable to move.
[Wed Jul 27 20:19:14 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc I have to move again this round?
[Wed Jul 27 20:20:02 2011] : (25) DM: ooc you'll sink in if you don't move on your turn. So you're fine for now.
[Wed Jul 27 20:20:36 2011] : (25) DM: ooc i.e., if you move at any point during your turn you're fine.
[Wed Jul 27 20:20:42 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc ok
[Wed Jul 27 20:20:43 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc hmm, like it - no staying still
[Wed Jul 27 20:20:47 2011] : (25) DM: You scorch the rats.
[Wed Jul 27 20:20:51 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 27 20:21:03 2011] : (23) Donessh: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:21:58 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Jul 27 20:22:15 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai moves into the room
[Wed Jul 27 20:22:50 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai utters a prayer and points at the rats
[Wed Jul 27 20:22:54 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Light of Arvandor: (EP). Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(14) + 6] = 20 (Area burst 1, range 5). Hit: [1d8(7) + 5] = 12 radiant damage.
Allies in burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC until my next turn

[Wed Jul 27 20:22:57 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Light of Arvandor: (EP). Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(17) + 6] = 23. Hit: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 radiant damage.
[Wed Jul 27 20:22:59 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Light of Arvandor: (EP). Wisdom vs. Will [1d20(11) + 6] = 17. Hit: [1d8(7) + 5] = 12 radiant damage.
[Wed Jul 27 20:23:03 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Power of Amaunator: (EP; Free; Channel Divinity). Trigger: I hit an enemy with a power with the Radiant keyword Effect: Add an extra [1d10(6)] = 6 radiant damage to all targets hit by the power.
[Wed Jul 27 20:23:11 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:23:31 2011] : (25) DM: The rats are seared by the blaze of light from Mordecai's spell.
[Wed Jul 27 20:24:21 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: The rats scamper lightly over the sand, their four paws spreading their weight.
[Wed Jul 27 20:24:31 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: They swarm around Mordecai
[Wed Jul 27 20:24:43 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14 vs AC; [1d6(2) + 2] = 4 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:24:43 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11 vs AC; [1d6(3) + 2] = 5 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:24:44 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11 vs AC; [1d6(3) + 2] = 5 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:24:58 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: But Mordecai's easy turns aside their teeth.
[Wed Jul 27 20:25:02 2011] : (25) DM: Kava?
[Wed Jul 27 20:25:06 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava uses her powers to attack the skeleton without approaching it
[Wed Jul 27 20:25:26 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Drat
[Wed Jul 27 20:25:46 2011] : (26) Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) Charisma vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(8) + 5] = 13, Damage: [1d10(2) + 9] = 11 HP.
[Wed Jul 27 20:25:55 2011] : (26) Kava: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:25:58 2011] : (25) DM: Miss
[Wed Jul 27 20:26:25 2011] : (25) Skeleton: The skeleton turns torwards Mordecai and clumsily slashes.
[Wed Jul 27 20:26:38 2011] : (25) Skeleton: Longsword: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18 vs AC; [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 damage and target is marked
[Wed Jul 27 20:26:57 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Argh, foul fel spawn!"
[Wed Jul 27 20:26:59 2011] : (25) Skeleton: It scores a hit.
[Wed Jul 27 20:27:03 2011] : (25) DM: Donessh?
[Wed Jul 27 20:27:22 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Damage: Mordecai takes 6 damage. [Wed Jul 27 20:27:48 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh steps forward, stickily
[Wed Jul 27 20:27:59 2011] : (23) Donessh: Divine Challenge: (AWP) Minor Burst 5. Effect: Target is Marked: -2 to attack other than me.
Also: [3 + 3] = 6 Radiant damage on first attack not including me before my next turn

[Wed Jul 27 20:28:07 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc on skeleton
[Wed Jul 27 20:28:41 2011] : (23) Donessh: Holy Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20(11) + 6] = 17 - Hit: [1d10(1) + 3] = 4 radiant damage. +2 if target is marked
[Wed Jul 27 20:29:12 2011] : (25) DM: Miss
[Wed Jul 27 20:29:39 2011] : (23) Donessh: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:29:43 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Jul 27 20:30:27 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai steps back and utters more divine words
[Wed Jul 27 20:30:30 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Divine Glow: (EP). Wisdom vs. Reflex [1d20(16) + 6] = 22 (Close blast 3). Hit: [1d8(7) + 5] = 12 radiant damage.
Effect: All allies in blast gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until end of my next turn.

[Wed Jul 27 20:30:33 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Divine Glow: (EP). Wisdom vs. Reflex [1d20(15) + 6] = 21. Hit: [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 radiant damage.
[Wed Jul 27 20:30:35 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Divine Glow: (EP). Wisdom vs. Reflex [1d20(14) + 6] = 20. Hit: [1d8(2) + 5] = 7 radiant damage.
[Wed Jul 27 20:30:36 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Divine Glow: (EP). Wisdom vs. Reflex [1d20(20) + 6] = 26. Hit: Critical... [8 + 5 + 1d6(4)] = 17 radiant damage.
[Wed Jul 27 20:30:47 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:30:58 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc nice rolls
[Wed Jul 27 20:31:07 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Very nice
[Wed Jul 27 20:31:21 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc all pretty good so far - for once!
[Wed Jul 27 20:31:51 2011] : (25) DM: The blast badly injures the rats and skeletons killing one outright, its smoking corpse slumping onto the sand.
[Wed Jul 27 20:33:24 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: The dire rats attempt to surround Mordecai, flithy, yellow teeth snaping at his legs.
[Wed Jul 27 20:33:32 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20 vs AC; [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:33:33 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17 vs AC; [1d6(5) + 2] = 7 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:34:11 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: 10 damage as the teeth bite into flesh.
[Wed Jul 27 20:34:18 2011] : (25) DM: Kava?
[Wed Jul 27 20:34:32 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava keeps on attacking the skeleton
[Wed Jul 27 20:34:35 2011] : (26) Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) Charisma vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(13) + 5] = 18, Damage: [1d10(9) + 9] = 18 HP.
[Wed Jul 27 20:34:45 2011] : (26) Kava: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:34:47 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Damage: Mordecai takes 10 damage. [Wed Jul 27 20:35:23 2011] : (25) DM: Hit. The bones hiss and snoke as acid splashes and drips over ther rip cage.
[Wed Jul 27 20:36:15 2011] : (25) DM: The skeleton attacks Donnesh.
[Wed Jul 27 20:36:17 2011] : (25) DM: Longsword: [1d20(20) + 10] = 30 vs AC; 10 damage and target is marked
[Wed Jul 27 20:36:26 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Argh!"
[Wed Jul 27 20:36:38 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc 30?! Bloody heck
[Wed Jul 27 20:36:43 2011] : (25) DM: Its feet sinking to the sand immobilizing it.
[Wed Jul 27 20:37:00 2011] : (23) Donessh: Damage: Donessh takes 10 damage. [Wed Jul 27 20:37:04 2011] : (25) DM: Donnesh?
[Wed Jul 27 20:37:27 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Take out the rats"
[Wed Jul 27 20:37:40 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I'll handle the skeleton from a distance"
[Wed Jul 27 20:37:47 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh side steps towards Mordecai
[Wed Jul 27 20:38:22 2011] : (23) Donessh: Righteous Smite: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20(7) + 4 + 0] = 11 - Hit: [2d10(9,7) + 3] = 19 damage.
Effect: Self and all allies within 5 squares gain 7 Temporary Hit Points

[Wed Jul 27 20:38:28 2011] : (23) Donessh: on A
[Wed Jul 27 20:38:34 2011] : (25) DM: Miss
[Wed Jul 27 20:39:04 2011] : (23) Donessh: done
[Wed Jul 27 20:39:35 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Jul 27 20:39:40 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai steps back and attacks the skeleton
[Wed Jul 27 20:40:07 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(14) + 6] = 20 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(2) + 5] = 7 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Jul 27 20:40:35 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:41:08 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai finishes off the skeleton.
[Wed Jul 27 20:41:32 2011] : (25) DM: His previous radiant spells had been particularly effective.
[Wed Jul 27 20:41:49 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: The rats flank Donnesh.
[Wed Jul 27 20:41:52 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(17) + 4] = 21 vs AC; [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:41:54 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7 vs AC; [1d6(5) + 2] = 7 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:42:11 2011] : (23) Donessh: "tis but a scratch"
[Wed Jul 27 20:42:15 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: One hits for 3 damage (+2 for flank).
[Wed Jul 27 20:42:29 2011] : (25) DM: Kava?
[Wed Jul 27 20:42:35 2011] : (23) Donessh: Damage: Donessh takes 3 damage. [Wed Jul 27 20:42:48 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava aims at rat C
[Wed Jul 27 20:42:51 2011] : (26) Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) Charisma vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(4) + 5] = 9, Damage: [1d10(7) + 9] = 16 HP.
[Wed Jul 27 20:42:51 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc you forgot your temp HP
[Wed Jul 27 20:43:01 2011] : (26) Kava: Miss and done
[Wed Jul 27 20:43:04 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc that attack missed
[Wed Jul 27 20:43:16 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc 'Effect' happens on hit or miss
[Wed Jul 27 20:43:38 2011] : (25) DM: Donnesh?
[Wed Jul 27 20:44:04 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc its listed in the 'hit' description
[Wed Jul 27 20:44:25 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc do either of them look more injured?
[Wed Jul 27 20:44:28 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc ah - your description is wrong then - effect has a specific meaning in 4e
[Wed Jul 27 20:44:44 2011] : (25) DM: ooc theyre both seriously injured.
[Wed Jul 27 20:44:55 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh turns to C
[Wed Jul 27 20:45:00 2011] : (23) Donessh: Divine Challenge: (AWP) Minor Burst 5. Effect: Target is Marked: -2 to attack other than me.
Also: [3 + 3] = 6 Radiant damage on first attack not including me before my next turn

[Wed Jul 27 20:45:03 2011] : (23) Donessh: Bolstering Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20(17) + 6] = 23 - Hit: [1d10(6) + 3] = 9 damage. Gain 2 temp hp
[Wed Jul 27 20:45:20 2011] : (25) DM: Donnesh kills the rat.
[Wed Jul 27 20:45:26 2011] : (23) Donessh: Step to the side
[Wed Jul 27 20:45:28 2011] : (23) Donessh: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:45:33 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai?
[Wed Jul 27 20:45:59 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai moves for a clear view
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:01 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Gaze of Defiance: (AWP) wisdom vs. Will [1d20(3) + 6] = 9 (range 5)
Hit: [1d8(1) + 5] = 6 psychic damage and allies gain a +1 power bonus to attacks vs the target until the end of my next turn. Increase to +3 if they attack me before then.

[Wed Jul 27 20:46:04 2011] : (22) Mordecai: [1d6(3)] = 3
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:10 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc ignore that
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:13 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:21 2011] : (25) DM: Miss
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:50 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: The remaing rat snarls and bites at Donessh
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:53 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Bite: [1d20(11) + 4] = 15 vs AC; [1d6(4) + 2] = 6 damage and filth fever
[Wed Jul 27 20:46:57 2011] : (25) Dire Rat: Miss
[Wed Jul 27 20:47:02 2011] : (25) DM: Kava?
[Wed Jul 27 20:48:03 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava targets rat A
[Wed Jul 27 20:48:06 2011] : (26) Kava: Acid Orb: (AWP) Charisma vs. Reflex. Ranged 20. [1d20(15) + 5] = 20, Damage: [1d10(6) + 9] = 15 HP.
[Wed Jul 27 20:48:11 2011] : (26) Kava: Done
[Wed Jul 27 20:48:25 2011] : (25) DM: The final rat is slain.
[Wed Jul 27 20:48:52 2011] : (26) Kava: "Filthy vermin"
[Wed Jul 27 20:48:59 2011] : (25) DM: ooc 113 XP each
[Wed Jul 27 20:49:05 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai moves on the shifting sand and examines the skeleton
[Wed Jul 27 20:49:13 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava walks in, carefully
[Wed Jul 27 20:49:26 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "This sand is somewhat irksome"
[Wed Jul 27 20:49:44 2011] : (25) DM: The skeleton's wearing tattered remains of armor and carried a rusty sword.
[Wed Jul 27 20:49:55 2011] : (23) Donessh: "A couple of those things bit me. Do you think they are carrying any diseases?"
[Wed Jul 27 20:50:12 2011] : (25) DM: Of the two exits from this small cave only one is open. The other is blocked by a rock fall.
[Wed Jul 27 20:50:34 2011] : (25) DM: A skeletal foot can bee seen sticking out from under the rock pile.
[Wed Jul 27 20:50:49 2011] : (23) Donessh: HP Status 25 (+2 temp) out of 38. Surge Status: 11 out of 11
[Wed Jul 27 20:51:08 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Healing Word: (EP; minor). Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6(3) + 4] = 7 HP (on top of their surge value; Range 5)
[Wed Jul 27 20:51:22 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Healing Word: (EP; minor). Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6(1) + 4] = 5 HP (on top of their surge value; Range 5)
[Wed Jul 27 20:51:24 2011] : (23) Donessh: Healing Surge: Regain 10 HP. [Wed Jul 27 20:51:39 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai heals himself and Donessh
[Wed Jul 27 20:51:46 2011] : (23) Donessh: Healing: Regain 7 HP. [Wed Jul 27 20:51:50 2011] : (26) Kava: "Want to dig that skeleton out to check if it still moves or just continue down that passage?"
[Wed Jul 27 20:51:58 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Magical Healing: Regain 23 HP. [Wed Jul 27 20:52:04 2011] : (23) Donessh: "I dont think its ever going to move again"
[Wed Jul 27 20:52:43 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc think my bonus was still active!
[Wed Jul 27 20:53:36 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava points at the skeletal foot under the rock fall
[Wed Jul 27 20:53:51 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Probably not one to worry about"
[Wed Jul 27 20:54:06 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Unless there is a one legged skelton on the other side"
[Wed Jul 27 20:54:09 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc I think we'd retire to solid ground and heal up before continuing anyway
[Wed Jul 27 20:54:12 2011] : (25) DM: Perception check
[Wed Jul 27 20:54:20 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Perception: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Jul 27 20:54:26 2011] : (26) Kava: Perception: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13
[Wed Jul 27 20:54:30 2011] : (23) Donessh: Perception: [1d20(5) + 3] = 8
[Wed Jul 27 20:55:33 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "ooh, there may be something of value there however"
[Wed Jul 27 20:55:45 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai goes over to investigate
[Wed Jul 27 20:56:07 2011] : (26) Kava: "What do you see?"
[Wed Jul 27 20:56:18 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava joins Mordechai
[Wed Jul 27 20:56:54 2011] : (25) DM: There's something shiny under the rocks. You can't tell what it is.
[Wed Jul 27 20:57:17 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "let's see if we can get it out safely"
[Wed Jul 27 20:57:29 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh starts carefully moving rocks
[Wed Jul 27 20:57:32 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai looks for a safe way to get the item
[Wed Jul 27 20:58:12 2011] : (25) DM: ooc what weapon/armor do people use/have?
[Wed Jul 27 20:58:12 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava throws the rocks away that are handed to her
[Wed Jul 27 20:59:02 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc currently: plate, warhammer
[Wed Jul 27 20:59:03 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc chainmail
[Wed Jul 27 20:59:31 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc holy symbol and mace
[Wed Jul 27 21:00:05 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc can also use a holy symbol
[Wed Jul 27 21:01:21 2011] : (25) DM: Donnesh moves enough rocks to see a few shiny rings of chainmail. To remain untarnished for so long the armor must be magical.
[Wed Jul 27 21:01:23 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc No armour, crossbow, morningstar, staff
[Wed Jul 27 21:01:43 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "ooh, chainmail!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:01:44 2011] : (25) DM: As you try and remove more rocks, more tumble down into the gap.
[Wed Jul 27 21:01:50 2011] : (26) Kava: "Well, well"
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:02 2011] : (23) Donessh: "That looks nice. Grab it quick before the roof comes in!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:04 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Hold them up and I'll try to pull the mail out"
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:22 2011] : (25) DM: Strength check
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:24 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Strength: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:34 2011] : (26) Kava: Strength: [1d20(16) + 5] = 21
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:35 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "huuuuh!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:37 2011] : (23) Donessh: Strength: [1d20(10) + 3 + 1] = 14
[Wed Jul 27 21:02:41 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava assists
[Wed Jul 27 21:03:11 2011] : (26) Kava: "Have you got it?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:03:16 2011] : (25) DM: The mail is pinned by the tons of rock and only shifts slightly. You'll have to come up with a smarter method.
[Wed Jul 27 21:03:34 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Can we dig under it?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:03:45 2011] : (25) DM: It doesn't help that as you heave you sink onto the sand.
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:00 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Keep your feet moving!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:22 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I have an idea!
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:23 2011] : (25) DM: ooc don't forget all that mining equipment and lumber back in the store room.
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:27 2011] : (26) Kava: "Yeah, yeah"
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:40 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai takes out the bag of holding
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:50 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh shifts back and forward
[Wed Jul 27 21:04:55 2011] : (26) Kava: "Let's get something to use as a lever"
[Wed Jul 27 21:05:11 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I'm going to shovw as much sand as possible from underneath into here, and hopefully get the mail in too"
[Wed Jul 27 21:05:19 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava moves up and down
[Wed Jul 27 21:05:22 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Then I can emtpy it at my leisure"
[Wed Jul 27 21:05:36 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "If you two could support the rocks"
[Wed Jul 27 21:05:46 2011] : (25) DM: ooc Donessh has a shovel I believe.
[Wed Jul 27 21:05:55 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I'll try to get just sand and the mail"
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:08 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Ready?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:17 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Take this shovel"
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:21 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai takes the shovel
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:35 2011] : (26) Kava: "Ready"
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:36 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Ready"
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:48 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Holding the bag with one hand Mordecai shovels a lot of sand into the bag
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:56 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava supports the rocks
[Wed Jul 27 21:06:58 2011] : (26) Kava: Strength: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Jul 27 21:07:08 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh puts his back to the pile
[Wed Jul 27 21:07:10 2011] : (23) Donessh: Strength: [1d20(5) + 3 + 1] = 9
[Wed Jul 27 21:07:23 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc crap rolls all night
[Wed Jul 27 21:07:32 2011] : (22) Mordecai: trying the also snag the mail into the bag too by digging close to it
[Wed Jul 27 21:07:48 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai shovels a lot of sand into the bag, clearing a space underneath the skeleton and the chainmail it's still wearing.
[Wed Jul 27 21:08:14 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai pulls on the skeleton
[Wed Jul 27 21:08:20 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Strength: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Jul 27 21:08:30 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai nearly manages to free the skeleton when the rocks shift, repinning the skeleton. There are too many rocks to hold back by hand.
[Wed Jul 27 21:08:59 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Maybe we can truss it up with the boards at the other entrance?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:09:05 2011] : (23) Donessh: "We need to get some of those boards"
[Wed Jul 27 21:09:09 2011] : (26) Kava: "We can try"
[Wed Jul 27 21:09:54 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I'll empty the bag over int he other corner, then this time when I dig, we can support the rocks by wedging wood underneath"
[Wed Jul 27 21:10:53 2011] : (25) DM: The person placing the boards needs to make a dungeoneering check.
[Wed Jul 27 21:11:28 2011] : (26) Kava: "I'll get some boards"
[Wed Jul 27 21:11:43 2011] : (25) DM: The other can assist with another dungeoneering check.
[Wed Jul 27 21:12:06 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc anyone got it trained?
[Wed Jul 27 21:12:25 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc I have +5 from high wis
[Wed Jul 27 21:12:56 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc beats me
[Wed Jul 27 21:13:39 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Untrained as well
[Wed Jul 27 21:13:58 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc I'll try to assist
[Wed Jul 27 21:13:59 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I'm a bit out of breath"
[Wed Jul 27 21:14:08 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Someone else want to shovel?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:14:33 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Got it"
[Wed Jul 27 21:14:36 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "Kava, you are strongest, maybe you should do it and pull the skeleton?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:14:46 2011] : (26) Kava: "Of course"
[Wed Jul 27 21:14:51 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Dungeoneering: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Jul 27 21:14:55 2011] : (23) Donessh: Dungeoneering: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:07 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava gets into position to haul the skeleton out
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:10 2011] : (26) Kava: Dungeoneering: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:10 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc being paid back for all my good rolls earlier ;-)
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:15 2011] : (25) DM: ooc Strength check from Kava.
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:17 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:22 2011] : (26) Kava: Strength: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:45 2011] : (22) Mordecai: ooc ROFL
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:57 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "I don't want to let this go!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:15:59 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava moves slightly and tries to get a better grip
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:08 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Dungeoneering: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:10 2011] : (26) Kava: "Let me try again"
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:13 2011] : (26) Kava: Strength: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:19 2011] : (25) DM: Mordecai and Donessh place the boards poorly the rocks shift as Kava's feet slip on the sand dumping her on her arse.
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:48 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Again? I think this is worth persevering over"
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:49 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc That's not very ladylike of me
[Wed Jul 27 21:16:59 2011] : (25) DM: The second try is better, Mordecai carefully props the rocks up and Kava as easily dig out the skeleton, freeing it and the armor.
[Wed Jul 27 21:17:31 2011] : (26) Kava: "And now I want to get out of here and that sand"
[Wed Jul 27 21:18:10 2011] : (22) Mordecai: "OK, OK - but I help heal you and keeping me alive helps that, and I think this will do just that!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:18:13 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Nice work. It better fit you after all that!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:18:28 2011] : (25) DM: The armor is a suit of magic +2 chainmail.
[Wed Jul 27 21:18:51 2011] : (25) DM: ooc 150 XP each
[Wed Jul 27 21:19:12 2011] : (22) Mordecai: Mordecai wastes no time trying it on!
[Wed Jul 27 21:20:36 2011] : (25) DM: ooc don't forget to adjust your AC in your status.
[Wed Jul 27 21:23:02 2011] : (27) Mordecai (enter): 21:23
[Wed Jul 27 21:23:09 2011] : (27) Mordecai: Booting '(22) Mordecai' from server...
[Wed Jul 27 21:23:10 2011] : (22) Mordecai (exit): 21:23
[Wed Jul 27 21:23:19 2011] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (27) Mordecai...
[Wed Jul 27 21:23:26 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc preferences screen killed my ORPG
[Wed Jul 27 21:26:17 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "How do I look, besides like a purple skinned guy in chainmail?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:26:46 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Shiny"
[Wed Jul 27 21:26:56 2011] : (26) Kava: "Almost as shiny as my scales"
[Wed Jul 27 21:27:57 2011] : (27) Mordecai: Mordecai dumps the sand from the bag and puts his old mail in there
[Wed Jul 27 21:28:10 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "Thanks for helping me get itout!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:28:23 2011] : (23) Donessh: "well worth the effort"
[Wed Jul 27 21:28:44 2011] : (26) Kava: "You're welcome"
[Wed Jul 27 21:29:09 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "Shall we continue?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:30:22 2011] : (23) Donessh: "indeed"
[Wed Jul 27 21:30:50 2011] : (26) Kava: "By all means"
[Wed Jul 27 21:32:50 2011] : (27) Mordecai: Mordecai continues on
[Wed Jul 27 21:33:18 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc I'm still loving the infinite map, David :)
[Wed Jul 27 21:33:33 2011] : (25) DM: The passage twists and turns before opening on into a cavernous space with a small underground stream flowing through the middle.
[Wed Jul 27 21:34:11 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc me too!
[Wed Jul 27 21:35:21 2011] : (25) DM: Tied to a rough wooden cross suck in the ground is a gaunt body of man hanging limply by ropes tied about his wrists and ankles.
[Wed Jul 27 21:35:39 2011] : (25) DM: ooc oops.
[Wed Jul 27 21:35:52 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc What happened?
[Wed Jul 27 21:36:26 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "What fresh madness is this?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:36:36 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc user error on the awesome map? :)
[Wed Jul 27 21:37:41 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh looks for enemies, and if none seen moves across to the man
[Wed Jul 27 21:37:58 2011] : (25) DM: ooc /me makes note to remove "delete all objects" from the right click menu...
[Wed Jul 27 21:38:24 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 27 21:38:29 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc or add and 'Are you sure?'
[Wed Jul 27 21:38:44 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc followed by a 'Really??'
[Wed Jul 27 21:38:58 2011] : (25) DM: The man, a miner from the remains of his tattered work clothes opens is eyes. He croaks wordlessly, lips and throat parched.
[Wed Jul 27 21:39:01 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc and 'Are you quite sure?'
[Wed Jul 27 21:39:19 2011] : (25) DM: There appear to be no enemies nearby.
[Wed Jul 27 21:39:36 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava takes a look around to make sure
[Wed Jul 27 21:39:42 2011] : (26) Kava: Perception: [1d20(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jul 27 21:39:57 2011] : (23) Donessh: Heal: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20
[Wed Jul 27 21:40:07 2011] : (25) DM: Still no enemies nearby.
[Wed Jul 27 21:40:23 2011] : (26) Kava: Kava cuts the man loose and gives him some water
[Wed Jul 27 21:40:26 2011] : (23) Donessh: Donessh checks the man over
[Wed Jul 27 21:40:44 2011] : (27) Mordecai: Mordecai also approaches
[Wed Jul 27 21:40:53 2011] : (25) DM: Donnesh asses the man, he's weak from lack of water and food and his wrists and ankes and chafed raw by the ropes by otherwise the man looks alright.
[Wed Jul 27 21:41:13 2011] : (27) Mordecai: Mordecai offers some food
[Wed Jul 27 21:41:22 2011] : (25) DM: The man takes some water.
[Wed Jul 27 21:42:03 2011] : (25) Simon: "My thanks," the miner says after drinking some water.
[Wed Jul 27 21:42:23 2011] : (26) Kava: "Need food?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:42:25 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Can you tell us who you are and what happened to you?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:43:11 2011] : (25) Simon: "My name is Simon. I'm a miner."
[Wed Jul 27 21:43:18 2011] : (25) Simon: "Those damned mushroom monsters tied me up like some sort of warning sign."
[Wed Jul 27 21:43:55 2011] : (26) Kava: "Mushroom monsters?"
[Wed Jul 27 21:44:24 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "The ones we were told about Kava"
[Wed Jul 27 21:44:33 2011] : (23) Donessh: ooc have we heard of Simon?
[Wed Jul 27 21:44:42 2011] : (25) Simon: "Yeah, never seen the like before. Strange monsters that look a bit like mushrooms."
[Wed Jul 27 21:44:52 2011] : (25) Simon: ooc he's one of the missing miners.
[Wed Jul 27 21:44:53 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Was the term mushroom ever mentioned?
[Wed Jul 27 21:45:21 2011] : (25) Simon: "Give me a few minutes and I think I can make it out of here."
[Wed Jul 27 21:45:36 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc myconid
[Wed Jul 27 21:45:37 2011] : (25) Simon: "If you're going to look for the others, be careful!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:45:50 2011] : (26) Kava: "Have a rest and then head back to your colleagues, we'll take care of the rest"
[Wed Jul 27 21:45:57 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc and an explanation that they were fungoid IIRC
[Wed Jul 27 21:46:10 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Be careful in the first chamber. The sand will suck you down so keep moving!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:46:23 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc AFAIK we were only told about the prints, without a description of the monsters
[Wed Jul 27 21:46:34 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "Don't want to escape here only to be lost in the sand"
[Wed Jul 27 21:46:54 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc I did a knowledge check and described them
[Wed Jul 27 21:47:03 2011] : (25) Simon: ooc 'Goroth: "There was also a odd smell, musty... dry... slightly... er... mushroomy perhaps?"'
[Wed Jul 27 21:47:08 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc OK
[Wed Jul 27 21:47:40 2011] : (26) Kava: ooc Forgotten all about that
[Wed Jul 27 21:48:29 2011] : (25) Simon: You hear something approaching...
[Wed Jul 27 21:48:48 2011] : (25) Simon: Simon looks panicked. "They're coming!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:48:54 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Run, run!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:49:02 2011] : (25) Simon: He limps slowly to the exit.
[Wed Jul 27 21:49:14 2011] : (23) Donessh: "Good luck"
[Wed Jul 27 21:49:28 2011] : (26) Kava: "Be careful!"
[Wed Jul 27 21:50:04 2011] : (27) Mordecai: "Fare ye well"
[Wed Jul 27 21:50:35 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc I really ought to see if I can get some buffing powers
[Wed Jul 27 21:53:04 2011] : (25) DM: Three myconids enter the cave, Their mushroom-like appearance is grotesque. They have thick, stumy legs and broad feet and stalky arms and a mushroom like cap for a head.
[Wed Jul 27 21:53:47 2011] : (25) DM: The taller, thinner myconid gestures wildly and they move to attack!
[Wed Jul 27 21:53:52 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc do we know what language they speak? I got 25 or something on my knowledge check
[Wed Jul 27 21:54:30 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc IIRC in 3.5e they were telepathic
[Wed Jul 27 21:54:50 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc or pheromone based communication or something
[Wed Jul 27 21:55:34 2011] : (25) DM: Myconids don't speak, they communicate by releasing spores. A colony leader can communicate telepathically.
[Wed Jul 27 21:55:47 2011] : (27) Mordecai: ooc OK, thanks
[Wed Jul 27 21:55:59 2011] : (25) DM: GAME END