Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 13 19:48:53 2011] : (18) DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 13 19:49:41 2011] : (18) DM: You are outside a opal mine. The miners have barricaded themselves inside the mine complex and are refusing to work unless their demands are met.
[Wed Jul 13 19:50:09 2011] : (18) DM: Outside the mine a many mercenaries paid by the mining company to get the mine operational again.
[Wed Jul 13 19:52:06 2011] : (18) DM: Having failed to persuade the workers to let you inside you decided to enter via an abandoned tunnel entrance in the cliff face over the Great River.
[Wed Jul 13 19:53:55 2011] : (18) DM: It's coming up to midnight. The sky is overcast and it's pitch black except for the torches and campfires dotted about the merc encapment.
[Wed Jul 13 19:54:08 2011] : (18) DM: ooc see the map for a side view of the entrance.
[Wed Jul 13 19:54:23 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc I'm so glad the DM gives a recap! It has been a long time, hasn't it?
[Wed Jul 13 19:55:57 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc anyone got any rope?
[Wed Jul 13 19:56:31 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Hmmm, ooks like my rope will be handy here"
[Wed Jul 13 19:56:34 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc looks
[Wed Jul 13 19:57:06 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc I do
[Wed Jul 13 19:57:22 2011] : (19) Kava: "Do we need mine as well?"
[Wed Jul 13 19:57:37 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai looks for somewhere to tie it to
[Wed Jul 13 19:57:47 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc My characters NEVER head out without rope, not since those spiders
[Wed Jul 13 19:58:13 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc Donessh probably has some, but I haven't got my notes out yet :)
[Wed Jul 13 19:58:19 2011] : (18) DM: The cliff top is rough grassland and heather.
[Wed Jul 13 19:58:52 2011] : (19) Kava: "Hmm, mothing to tie the rope to"
[Wed Jul 13 19:58:55 2011] : (18) DM: and strewn with rocks.
[Wed Jul 13 19:59:07 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc How big are those rocks?
[Wed Jul 13 20:00:05 2011] : (18) DM: The rocks are about 30-50 cm across.
[Wed Jul 13 20:00:56 2011] : (18) DM: Strewn was the wrong word. There are rocks dotted about.
[Wed Jul 13 20:01:16 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Too small for anchors, then
[Wed Jul 13 20:02:09 2011] : (19) Kava: "Whose *really* good at climbing down?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:02:17 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Maybe we could get a spike of wood from one of the merc tents"
[Wed Jul 13 20:02:42 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Or something like a polearm?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:02:47 2011] : (18) DM: The cliff face is rough with plenty of hand and foot holds.
[Wed Jul 13 20:03:08 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "i'm not great at climbing."
[Wed Jul 13 20:03:12 2011] : (19) Kava: "I can probably hold the rope for you to get down first and then follow by myself"
[Wed Jul 13 20:03:48 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava starts knotting the rope(s)
[Wed Jul 13 20:03:51 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We can lay bedrolls at the bottom in case you slip"
[Wed Jul 13 20:04:14 2011] : (19) Kava: "Good plan"
[Wed Jul 13 20:04:35 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Can I take 10 on something like that?
[Wed Jul 13 20:05:26 2011] : (18) DM: ooc no
[Wed Jul 13 20:05:49 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Didn't think so *shrug*
[Wed Jul 13 20:06:21 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "I was thinking more of trying to climb down with you holding the slack on a rope tied to my waist"
[Wed Jul 13 20:06:39 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "That way if I slip I'll only slip a short way"
[Wed Jul 13 20:06:50 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Sounds good"
[Wed Jul 13 20:07:22 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai ties his rope around his waist and hands it to Kava
[Wed Jul 13 20:07:30 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Wish me luck!"
[Wed Jul 13 20:07:53 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava holds the rope and lets it out bit by bit
[Wed Jul 13 20:07:59 2011] : (19) Kava: "Luck!"
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:07 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:08 2011] : (18) DM: Athletics check from Kava and Mordecai
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:11 2011] : (20) Donessh: Donessh stands by to help if needed
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:13 2011] : (19) Kava: Athletics: [1d20(2) + 10] = 12
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:26 2011] : (18) DM: Mordecai makes it down safely.
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:30 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc 12? \o/
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:34 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "I'm down"
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:46 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Me next"
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:55 2011] : (19) Kava: "Good, tell me when I can pull the rope up"
[Wed Jul 13 20:08:56 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai unties the rope and lays out his bedroll
[Wed Jul 13 20:09:13 2011] : (20) Donessh: Donessh ties the rope around himself
[Wed Jul 13 20:09:18 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Haul away, but lower your two bedrolls first"
[Wed Jul 13 20:09:58 2011] : (20) Donessh: Donessh unties himself and ties up the bedrolls instead
[Wed Jul 13 20:10:45 2011] : (17) Mordecai: When they arrive, Mordecai lays them out under the path down the cliff
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:00 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "OK, all ready down here"
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:06 2011] : (18) DM: Athletics check from Kava and Donessh
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:17 2011] : (20) Donessh: Athletics: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:20 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai stands back
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:24 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava assists Donessh in the same way as she did Mordecai
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:26 2011] : (19) Kava: Arcana: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:35 2011] : (19) Kava: Athletics: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:37 2011] : (18) DM: Donessh makes it down safely.
[Wed Jul 13 20:11:40 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:01 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Now tie the rope around your waist and drop it down to us"
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:07 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava drops the rope after Donessh and climbs done herself
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:14 2011] : (19) Kava: Athletics: [1d20(7) + 10] = 17
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:15 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Ok, now you"
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:26 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "If you fall, we'll stop you rolling down the cliff face below!"
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:34 2011] : (18) DM: Kava climbs down
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:39 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc I had already dropped the rope before I heard you
[Wed Jul 13 20:12:57 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai stows his rope
[Wed Jul 13 20:13:11 2011] : (19) Kava: "So, that went well"
[Wed Jul 13 20:13:19 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Indeed"
[Wed Jul 13 20:13:23 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava stows her bedroll
[Wed Jul 13 20:13:45 2011] : (19) Kava: "Let's take a look at where we are"
[Wed Jul 13 20:14:22 2011] : (18) DM: A short distance into the tunnel is a rough wooden barricade made of planks nailed to the tunnel supports. The planks must have been nailed in a hurry for the rusty nail heads are all sticking out. The planks are half rotten.
[Wed Jul 13 20:15:03 2011] : (20) Donessh: Donessh tries to remove one of the planks
[Wed Jul 13 20:15:34 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Are the nails at our side of the barricade?
[Wed Jul 13 20:15:41 2011] : (18) DM: The planks are nailed to firmly to pull off by hand and not rotten enough to break by hand ether.
[Wed Jul 13 20:15:47 2011] : (18) DM: The nails are on this side, yes.
[Wed Jul 13 20:16:09 2011] : (19) Kava: "Somebody tried to keep something in, looks like"
[Wed Jul 13 20:16:14 2011] : (18) DM: Perception checks
[Wed Jul 13 20:16:18 2011] : (19) Kava: Perception: [1d20(12) + 1] = 13
[Wed Jul 13 20:16:20 2011] : (20) Donessh: Perception: [1d20(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Jul 13 20:16:36 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava gets a dagger out for some leverage on the nails
[Wed Jul 13 20:17:10 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Perception: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Jul 13 20:17:20 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc pity i've got a warhammer and not a claw hammer
[Wed Jul 13 20:17:45 2011] : (18) DM: Kava starts pulling the nails out.
[Wed Jul 13 20:17:53 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "There's someone or something sleeping in there"
[Wed Jul 13 20:17:56 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 13 20:18:06 2011] : (19) Kava: "Huh?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:18:09 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "I can hear snoring"
[Wed Jul 13 20:18:16 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava peers in
[Wed Jul 13 20:18:26 2011] : (20) Donessh: "What?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:18:32 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "It sounds a bit further in"
[Wed Jul 13 20:18:36 2011] : (18) DM: Kava sees that the tunnel dips sharply downwards.
[Wed Jul 13 20:19:32 2011] : (19) Kava: "The tunnel drops, looks rather steep"
[Wed Jul 13 20:19:47 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava continues her work
[Wed Jul 13 20:20:21 2011] : (18) DM: Kava eventually removes enough planks so you can get through.
[Wed Jul 13 20:21:36 2011] : (19) Kava: "Let's see if the sleeping beauty awakes easily"
[Wed Jul 13 20:21:49 2011] : (18) DM: The tunnel floor is covered in broken rocks and sharp gravel.
[Wed Jul 13 20:21:56 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Let's try and be quiet. if it's hostile I'd rather we had the jump on it"
[Wed Jul 13 20:22:14 2011] : (18) DM: The surface will make the decent down the sloping section tricky.
[Wed Jul 13 20:22:20 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "May be a trifle difficult on this floor though"
[Wed Jul 13 20:22:44 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Anything we can tie the rope to?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:23:04 2011] : (19) Kava: "Apart from me?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:23:20 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Well you'd still have to try and get down on your own.
[Wed Jul 13 20:23:33 2011] : (19) Kava: "I don't trust those planks nor those supports"
[Wed Jul 13 20:23:37 2011] : (20) Donessh: "I'd thought we could use it to work down the slope quietly"
[Wed Jul 13 20:23:46 2011] : (18) DM: The tunnel is supported by wooden posts. You can tie a rope to these.
[Wed Jul 13 20:24:16 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava looks more closely at the supports
[Wed Jul 13 20:24:22 2011] : (19) Kava: Perception: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed Jul 13 20:24:27 2011] : (18) DM: The tunnel support look sound.
[Wed Jul 13 20:24:35 2011] : (18) DM: Duneoneering checks
[Wed Jul 13 20:24:39 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Dungeoneering: [1d20(11) + 5] = 16
[Wed Jul 13 20:24:41 2011] : (18) DM: Dungeoneering
[Wed Jul 13 20:25:06 2011] : (19) Kava: Dungeoneering: [1d20(10) + 1] = 11
[Wed Jul 13 20:25:15 2011] : (20) Donessh: Dungeoneering: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Wed Jul 13 20:25:54 2011] : (19) Kava: "These look better than I expected, they'll do"
[Wed Jul 13 20:26:03 2011] : (20) Donessh: "I agree"
[Wed Jul 13 20:27:03 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Let's go then"
[Wed Jul 13 20:27:29 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai ties one end of his rope to a support beam...
[Wed Jul 13 20:27:41 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We should probably use one rope at a time"
[Wed Jul 13 20:28:02 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Mine first, then Kava's when mine runs out"
[Wed Jul 13 20:28:21 2011] : (19) Kava: "I agree. And can we also agree to not kill any miners unless absolutely necessary?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:29:04 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Agreed, but we must defend ourselves"
[Wed Jul 13 20:30:23 2011] : (19) Kava: "Agreed, but we want to convince them we're here to help and killing them does negate that message a bit"
[Wed Jul 13 20:30:28 2011] : (18) DM: Athletics or acrobatics check to decend the slope.
[Wed Jul 13 20:30:36 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "I hunt only evil creatures, though I will subdue other attackers"
[Wed Jul 13 20:30:47 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Athletics: [1d20(15) + 1] = 16
[Wed Jul 13 20:31:18 2011] : (19) Kava: Athletics: [1d20(14) + 10] = 24
[Wed Jul 13 20:31:29 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Who nees a rope anyway?
[Wed Jul 13 20:31:36 2011] : (19) Kava: needs
[Wed Jul 13 20:31:45 2011] : (20) Donessh: Athletics: [1d20(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Jul 13 20:32:23 2011] : (18) DM: Everyone makes it down without too much trouble. Donessh starts to slip but catches himself on the rope.
[Wed Jul 13 20:32:56 2011] : (20) Donessh: "That was close"
[Wed Jul 13 20:33:03 2011] : (18) DM: The tunnel widens and asleep in the tunnel are two miners and a fierce looking dog.
[Wed Jul 13 20:33:18 2011] : (18) DM: ooc time for a plan view.
[Wed Jul 13 20:35:05 2011] : (18) DM: There are wodden posts holding the low ceiling up.
[Wed Jul 13 20:35:37 2011] : (18) DM: Propped up by the two sleeping miners are two spears.
[Wed Jul 13 20:36:23 2011] : (18) DM: The room is dimly lit by a lantern hanging near the far exit.
[Wed Jul 13 20:36:23 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Do we rush them or sneak over?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:36:38 2011] : (19) Kava: Soflty: "Can somebody sneak up there and remove the spears?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:36:52 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "not likely me"
[Wed Jul 13 20:37:10 2011] : (19) Kava: "Nor me"
[Wed Jul 13 20:37:20 2011] : (19) Kava: "Sneak first, rush later?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:37:54 2011] : (20) Donessh: "First sign of a noise, we run at them"
[Wed Jul 13 20:38:54 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Grab their spears of possible"
[Wed Jul 13 20:38:59 2011] : (20) Donessh: *if
[Wed Jul 13 20:39:12 2011] : (19) Kava: "Let's do it"
[Wed Jul 13 20:39:32 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "OK"
[Wed Jul 13 20:39:39 2011] : (18) DM: Stealth checks
[Wed Jul 13 20:39:53 2011] : (20) Donessh: Stealth: [1d20(1) + 0] = 1
[Wed Jul 13 20:39:55 2011] : (19) Kava: Stealth: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:23 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc sneaksy dragons
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:26 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc I'm still making less noise than Donessh
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:30 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 0] = 19
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:40 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Wow!
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:45 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc well la-de-da
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:47 2011] : (18) DM: The miners and dog start to awake as your booted feet crunch on the gravel underfoot.
[Wed Jul 13 20:40:57 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Charge!"
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:19 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava starts running forward
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:22 2011] : (20) Donessh: Donessh runs at the miners, attempting to scare them into submission
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:26 2011] : (18) DM: Intimidate checks
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:28 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc how far did we already move?
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:29 2011] : (20) Donessh: Intimidate: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:36 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Intimidate: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed Jul 13 20:41:53 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc I'm king of the rolls tonight!
[Wed Jul 13 20:42:17 2011] : (18) DM: Seeing a armoured and armed warrior charging him the miners put their hands up and surrender.
[Wed Jul 13 20:42:26 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "any of you mother fudgers move and we'll be rather cross!"
[Wed Jul 13 20:42:38 2011] : (18) DM: "Don't hurt us," they say in panicked voices.
[Wed Jul 13 20:42:52 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc now I've got that pulp fiction quote in my head
[Wed Jul 13 20:42:53 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Good choice."
[Wed Jul 13 20:43:26 2011] : (20) Donessh: "We're not here to hurt you. We want to find out whats going on"
[Wed Jul 13 20:43:29 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We're not here to hurt you, but let's have those weapons in case you forget"
[Wed Jul 13 20:43:34 2011] : (19) Kava: "Don't worry, we're not planning on hurting anyone"
[Wed Jul 13 20:43:47 2011] : (19) Kava: Diplomacy: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Jul 13 20:44:17 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Good dragon, bad dragon ;)
[Wed Jul 13 20:44:23 2011] : (18) DM: Blocking the tunnel on the right is another barricade of wooden planks. These planks are new and the word "Danger!" has been painted on the planks.
[Wed Jul 13 20:45:06 2011] : (18) DM: "Take the spears. We don't know how to use them anyway."
[Wed Jul 13 20:45:46 2011] : (19) Kava: "What are you guarding?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:45:56 2011] : (18) DM: "We're watching the tunnel to raise the alarm if any monsters attack." (pointing to the boarded up tunnel).
[Wed Jul 13 20:46:17 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Tell us about the monsters"
[Wed Jul 13 20:46:59 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava sits herself down to listen to the miners
[Wed Jul 13 20:47:14 2011] : (18) DM: "No one has seen them. Miners just go missing in the deep tunnels."
[Wed Jul 13 20:47:45 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Have you heard any noises or seen any tracks?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:48:52 2011] : (18) DM: "I dunno. We've not been working in the deep tunnels for a while."
[Wed Jul 13 20:49:34 2011] : (18) DM: "You'd need to ask someone else but the others will skewer you with crossbow bolts before you can speak."
[Wed Jul 13 20:49:52 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Why?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:50:11 2011] : (18) DM: "You look like them mercs outside."
[Wed Jul 13 20:50:34 2011] : (19) Kava: "Why do people always think we're mercs?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:51:04 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Well, we're none of us human for a start"
[Wed Jul 13 20:51:11 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Who is in charge?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:51:13 2011] : (19) Kava: "So?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:51:21 2011] : (18) DM: ooc I forget... one moment.
[Wed Jul 13 20:52:12 2011] : (18) DM: "Talk to Goroth"
[Wed Jul 13 20:52:20 2011] : (19) Kava: "Can you take us to your leader, without getting us killed by crossbow?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:52:31 2011] : (18) DM: Diplomacy check
[Wed Jul 13 20:52:35 2011] : (19) Kava: Diplomacy: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Jul 13 20:52:41 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 13 20:53:10 2011] : (19) Kava: "You can use your spears to lead us, just please don't use them"
[Wed Jul 13 20:53:13 2011] : (18) DM: "Uh. Ok. If you're really here to deal with the monsters he'll want to hear."
[Wed Jul 13 20:53:52 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We really are"
[Wed Jul 13 20:53:57 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Diplomacy: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21
[Wed Jul 13 20:54:24 2011] : (19) Kava: "We hate useless killing and it seems these mines have had too much of that"
[Wed Jul 13 20:54:28 2011] : (18) DM: The miners lead you to Goroth.
[Wed Jul 13 20:54:38 2011] : (19) Kava: senseless, not useless
[Wed Jul 13 20:55:13 2011] : (18) Goroth: Goroth meets you outside in an open area. Crossbow wielding miners keep their weapons trained on you.
[Wed Jul 13 20:55:27 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc back
[Wed Jul 13 20:55:38 2011] : (18) Goroth: "You're a resource crew to sneak in here. Did you plan to assasinate me?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:55:52 2011] : (19) Kava: "No"
[Wed Jul 13 20:55:53 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Why would we do that?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:56:02 2011] : (18) Goroth: ooc ...resourceful crew...
[Wed Jul 13 20:56:22 2011] : (19) Kava: "Mercs and now assassins, I'm starting to feel insulted, I think"
[Wed Jul 13 20:56:29 2011] : (18) Goroth: "You're not working for the Company?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:56:39 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Then why are you here?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:56:50 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We convinced your men to lead us into a room of armed men to assassinate you? Does that sound like an assassin's plan?"
[Wed Jul 13 20:56:59 2011] : (19) Kava: "We work for nobody, but we do want to help stop the disappearances"
[Wed Jul 13 20:57:26 2011] : (19) Kava: "And to get the opal flow to town going again"
[Wed Jul 13 20:57:29 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "The closure of the mine is inconvenient for us in our quest"
[Wed Jul 13 20:57:46 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "you'll not I said quest, not contract or any other mercenary term"
[Wed Jul 13 20:58:07 2011] : (18) Goroth: He thinks for a while.
[Wed Jul 13 20:58:41 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We are folk who like to right wrongs and eradicate injustice. Amaunator is my guide"
[Wed Jul 13 20:58:54 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Ok, I'll believe you," he says with a hint of relief. "It is nice to have someone trying to help."
[Wed Jul 13 20:59:10 2011] : (18) Goroth: "The damn company does nothing."
[Wed Jul 13 20:59:43 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Right. How about you tell us everything thats been going on"
[Wed Jul 13 20:59:51 2011] : (19) Kava: "I know nothing about the company, so I couldn't comment. But tell us about the monsters"
[Wed Jul 13 21:00:38 2011] : (18) Goroth: "First Torby disappears, then Darl and..." a tear runs down his cheek. "... and then my wife, Racha."
[Wed Jul 13 21:01:11 2011] : (19) Kava: "I'm so sorry"
[Wed Jul 13 21:01:13 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Is there any pattern? Times? locations?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:01:48 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Your wife was here in the mine?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:01:49 2011] : (18) Goroth: "We searched for traces in all but the oldest and most unstable of the tunnels but could only find rough foot prints of something with two big round feet."
[Wed Jul 13 21:02:01 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Sorry if it's a stupid question, but is that usual?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:02:30 2011] : (19) Kava: "Can you make a sketch of those prints for us?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:02:30 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc half a brontosaurus?
[Wed Jul 13 21:02:31 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Yes, she is... was... the finest mine engineer who ever worked here."
[Wed Jul 13 21:03:00 2011] : (19) Kava: "Let's say "is", as you've not found her body yet"
[Wed Jul 13 21:03:02 2011] : (18) Goroth: ooc yes, it is a stupid question. There are no gender-specific roles in this world.
[Wed Jul 13 21:03:09 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 13 21:04:10 2011] : (18) Goroth: Goroth holds out his hands in a roughly circular shape about the size of a dinner plate.
[Wed Jul 13 21:04:55 2011] : (18) Goroth: "There was also a odd smell, musty... dry... slightly... er... mushroomy perhaps?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:05:12 2011] : (19) Kava: "Raally?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:05:17 2011] : (19) Kava: really
[Wed Jul 13 21:05:28 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc skill checks?
[Wed Jul 13 21:05:29 2011] : (19) Kava: Kava ponders the clues
[Wed Jul 13 21:05:59 2011] : (18) Goroth: ooc Arcana check.
[Wed Jul 13 21:06:01 2011] : (19) Kava: ooc Mushroomy wouldn't be a clue, right? ;)
[Wed Jul 13 21:06:03 2011] : (20) Donessh: Arcana: [1d20(10) + 0] = 10
[Wed Jul 13 21:06:04 2011] : (19) Kava: Arcana: [1d20(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Jul 13 21:06:06 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Arcana: [1d20(19) + 3] = 22
[Wed Jul 13 21:08:15 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Hmm, sounds like fungus men, or myconids as they are otherwise known"
[Wed Jul 13 21:08:29 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Not heard of them."
[Wed Jul 13 21:08:51 2011] : (19) Kava: "Myco ... what?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:08:56 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Are they known to attack people?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:09:43 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "They attack anything that gets in their way as they infest the caves they occupy"
[Wed Jul 13 21:10:12 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Oh gods! Can you eradicate their nest or lair or whatever?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:11:35 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "I'm not sure"
[Wed Jul 13 21:11:46 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Will you at least try?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:12:07 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "It certainly sounds like the mines are only going to get worse if we can't help"
[Wed Jul 13 21:12:23 2011] : (19) Kava: "We'll do what we can"
[Wed Jul 13 21:12:30 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Yes"
[Wed Jul 13 21:13:16 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Can you lead to where the people vanished, or at least as close as possible?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:14:11 2011] : (18) Goroth: "There's several entrances into the deep tunnels. We've boarded them up."
[Wed Jul 13 21:14:30 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Anyone here can lead you to one of the tunnels."
[Wed Jul 13 21:15:09 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Do you need any supplies? We don't have a lot here but we do have mining equipment, rope and tools if they will be of use."
[Wed Jul 13 21:15:23 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Rope would probably be useful"
[Wed Jul 13 21:15:47 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Maybe a pick axe and shovel would come in handy too"
[Wed Jul 13 21:15:59 2011] : (21) Kava (enter): 21:15
[Wed Jul 13 21:16:28 2011] : (18) Goroth: "Just look through the store rooms for anything you need."
[Wed Jul 13 21:16:41 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Do you have any sunrods?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:16:54 2011] : (18) Goroth: ooc what's a sunrod?
[Wed Jul 13 21:17:05 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc like a giant matchstick
[Wed Jul 13 21:17:07 2011] : (21) Kava: "I have 2 of those"
[Wed Jul 13 21:17:51 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "Also maybe some lamp oil or other incendiary fuel"
[Wed Jul 13 21:17:51 2011] : (21) Kava: ooc One sunrod gives light for 4 hours
[Wed Jul 13 21:18:10 2011] : (18) Goroth: "I think we have a few of those and we have plenty of lanterns and several barrels of lamp oil."
[Wed Jul 13 21:18:22 2011] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (21) Kava...
[Wed Jul 13 21:18:59 2011] : (21) Kava: Booting '(19) Kava' from server...
[Wed Jul 13 21:19:00 2011] : (19) Kava (exit): 21:19
[Wed Jul 13 21:20:28 2011] : (21) Kava: "Let's get stocked up and then head to one of the barricades"
[Wed Jul 13 21:20:40 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai takes two sunrods and puts some lamp oil in 3 empty flasks
[Wed Jul 13 21:20:44 2011] : (18) Goroth: ooc 85 XP for the sleeping guards and 150 XP each for infiltrating the mine.
[Wed Jul 13 21:21:24 2011] : (20) Donessh: Donessh takes the the pick and shovel and several lengths of rope
[Wed Jul 13 21:22:34 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai wedges a sunrod between his armour and his backpack, so that the burning end is about a foot above his head
[Wed Jul 13 21:22:40 2011] : (21) Kava: Kava takes some extra sunrods and some of the oil
[Wed Jul 13 21:22:47 2011] : (17) Mordecai: "We can light this if it gets too dark"
[Wed Jul 13 21:23:38 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc burning as in the end that burns, not the end that is already burning ;-)
[Wed Jul 13 21:24:51 2011] : (20) Donessh: "Ok, Lanterns, oil, pick, shovel rope and sunrods. Is that it?"
[Wed Jul 13 21:25:25 2011] : (18) DM: ooc Anything else? You can always come back to fetch stuff if you need it. There a stout wooden beams and posts, nails, hammers, saws, crowbars, iron chains, pulleys etc. etc.
[Wed Jul 13 21:26:17 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc is there a fun system of mine carts for us to ride down on?
[Wed Jul 13 21:26:24 2011] : (21) Kava: Kava grabs another pick
[Wed Jul 13 21:26:46 2011] : (17) Mordecai: Mordecai takes a crowbar
[Wed Jul 13 21:26:50 2011] : (21) Kava: ooc Indiana Jones or 101 Dalmations?
[Wed Jul 13 21:26:52 2011] : (18) DM: ooc everyone is also bizarrely made out of identically sized cubed...
[Wed Jul 13 21:27:07 2011] : (20) Donessh: lol
[Wed Jul 13 21:27:09 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc minecraft?
[Wed Jul 13 21:27:24 2011] : (18) DM: ooc perhaps ;)
[Wed Jul 13 21:27:54 2011] : (17) Mordecai: ooc Mordecai places a lantern inside a pumpkin on the crafting table
[Wed Jul 13 21:28:34 2011] : (20) Donessh: ooc spoooooky
[Wed Jul 13 21:28:40 2011] : (18) DM: GAME END