Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 30 19:50:43 2011] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 30 19:52:43 2011] : (1) DM: You intervened in an incident where someone was being menaced by some Cartel thugs who threatened you. The person you rescued said you should talk to Captain Jack at the Jellied Eel Inn.
[Wed Mar 30 19:53:54 2011] : (1) DM: Captain Jack is a flamboyant ship captain who may be involved in smuggling or other shady business. He too, has problems with the Cartel and thinks that you should work together.
[Wed Mar 30 19:55:08 2011] : (1) DM: But before he will do that he has asked you to retreive a box impounded by the harbour master for unpaid import duties.
[Wed Mar 30 19:55:32 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Forgive me, I must have dozed off for a moment. Unpaid import duties? How much would the import duties be if we were to pay them?"
[Wed Mar 30 19:56:15 2011] : (1) DM: Jack didn't say and no one else asked.
[Wed Mar 30 19:56:38 2011] : (1) DM: Jack didn't want all his goods, only one small box about a foot across and a few inches high.
[Wed Mar 30 19:56:52 2011] : (5) Kava: "Did he talk about import duties then? I must have missed that"
[Wed Mar 30 19:57:43 2011] : (1) DM: ooc he said: "Some ridiculous nonsense about unpaid import duties. Absurd I tell you."
[Wed Mar 30 19:57:51 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I think the whole cargo is impounded for previously unpaid duties, but the box, he doesn't want to be seen by customs anyway"
[Wed Mar 30 19:58:23 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc what does impounded mean?
[Wed Mar 30 19:58:25 2011] : (3) Donessh: "All sounds very suspicious"
[Wed Mar 30 19:59:00 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc impounded == "taken away and held in a government building"
[Wed Mar 30 19:59:08 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc it's like imprisoned but for objects
[Wed Mar 30 19:59:22 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc k
[Wed Mar 30 19:59:26 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc thx
[Wed Mar 30 19:59:30 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 30 19:59:35 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Suspicious, yes - but do you reckon we should have a look in it? See what's there?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:00:22 2011] : (5) Kava: "I like the idea of paying ourselves, if it isn't too much. Better than breaking and entering, surely"
[Wed Mar 30 20:00:37 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "My feeling is that jack, though a rogue has his heart on the side of good. If we can join forces versus an evil organisation, then I am for that."
[Wed Mar 30 20:00:38 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Maybe not as much fun!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:01:45 2011] : (5) Kava: "You think that breaking in is fun?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:01:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: "I feel that Mordecai is correct"
[Wed Mar 30 20:02:03 2011] : (5) Kava: Kave looks quizzically at Altraminus
[Wed Mar 30 20:02:39 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "It's certainly more exciting. i would not class it as fun though, personally"
[Wed Mar 30 20:02:51 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "It's not the illegality so much as the having a bit of a challenge!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:03:28 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica listens to her companions and is not sure what to think
[Wed Mar 30 20:04:24 2011] : (6) Filica: "I suggest we just go for the box, and see what happens next"
[Wed Mar 30 20:04:31 2011] : (5) Kava: "Let's try the legal way first, probably less of a hassle"
[Wed Mar 30 20:04:42 2011] : (6) Filica: "We may even ask it kindly of the harbour master, who knows?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:04:48 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica grins
[Wed Mar 30 20:05:02 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, allright then, but maybe I'd better stay out of the way just in case."
[Wed Mar 30 20:05:15 2011] : (3) Donessh: "The problem of asking first is that it becomes very suspicious if we are refused and have to steal it afterwards"
[Wed Mar 30 20:05:26 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Don't want to cause you embarrasment if we have to go in the back door later."
[Wed Mar 30 20:06:37 2011] : (5) Kava: "I promise I won't be embarrassed"
[Wed Mar 30 20:06:47 2011] : (1) DM: If you're quick you might just be able to catch the harbour master in his office before he finishes work for the day.
[Wed Mar 30 20:06:50 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava grins
[Wed Mar 30 20:07:05 2011] : (1) DM: brb
[Wed Mar 30 20:07:08 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, off you cgo and do some talking; I'll turn up if you need me!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:07:40 2011] : (1) DM: ooc back
[Wed Mar 30 20:09:38 2011] : (5) Kava: "Who'll be doing the talking? I can look very menacing if needs be"
[Wed Mar 30 20:09:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Shall we go see the harbourmaster then?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:11:02 2011] : (6) Filica: "I think we should"
[Wed Mar 30 20:11:26 2011] : (5) Kava: "Let's try and catch him before he finishes for today"
[Wed Mar 30 20:11:44 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Donessh has a good point"
[Wed Mar 30 20:12:11 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "If we ask, and the duty is beyond our means, we will be prime suspects in a subsequent raid"
[Wed Mar 30 20:13:24 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "That's why I hide and, if I have to, I do the raid later."
[Wed Mar 30 20:13:42 2011] : (6) Filica: "Indeed. I could stay with you"
[Wed Mar 30 20:14:02 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Sounds like a good idea."
[Wed Mar 30 20:14:33 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "No, becaue we will still be suspects"
[Wed Mar 30 20:14:44 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc and it would be boring to let you have all the fun
[Wed Mar 30 20:14:45 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Yes, we're the two who can get away with it most!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:14:48 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 30 20:14:57 2011] : (5) Kava: "Then we'd better make sure we're seen to be somewhere else"
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:07 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc KMAO
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:08 2011] : (3) Donessh: "I'm sure that can be arranged"
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:08 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc are you just assuming the harbourmaster's going to say no?
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:14 2011] : (6) Filica: "Well, Mordecai, what's your plan then?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:15 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "And what if there is trouble for Al?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:21 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc best be prepared
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:36 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "We either all go and try to pay, or we all try to get the box"
[Wed Mar 30 20:15:51 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Ah, that's why you're going to tell me what the joint looks like. Please? It'll be fun!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:16:08 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Al bounces up and down, looking enthusiastic
[Wed Mar 30 20:16:28 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Only needs one or two of us to try to pay"
[Wed Mar 30 20:16:39 2011] : (6) Filica: "Wait, you want us to pay for Jack's unpaid merchandize duty?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:16:45 2011] : (6) Filica: "Or am I understanding that wrong?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:17:21 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I never suggested that action, but it was one of the suggestions, yes"
[Wed Mar 30 20:17:42 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, if we can get away with it, it might be cheap."
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:07 2011] : (6) Filica: "it might"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:21 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "If he didn't pay it, I can only guess it's way beyond our meagre means"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:23 2011] : (6) Filica: "So either we go and do just that, or we go and ask Jack how much this may be"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:37 2011] : (6) Filica: "and if it's way too much, we just go in and take that box"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:38 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "He's a merchant. I doubt the duties are silver and copper"
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:49 2011] : (6) Filica: "Whatever we do, let's just do it."
[Wed Mar 30 20:18:58 2011] : (1) DM: ooc One of the suggestion was to bribe the harbour master to release the box without paying all the back taxes which is probably considerable.
[Wed Mar 30 20:19:05 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Yes Filica, that sounds better"
[Wed Mar 30 20:19:43 2011] : (1) DM: Jack is still at the bar drinking with the men and women of his crew.
[Wed Mar 30 20:20:37 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Quick question, Captain. How much would they charge for these import duties?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:21:43 2011] : (1) Jack: "Obviously these import duties are entirely bogus and should not be paid at all by a honest trader such as myself. The miserely harbour master is asking for 745 gold and 93 silver."
[Wed Mar 30 20:22:14 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Ouch, now that sounds like quite a lot. Do other honest traders pay the import duties?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:22:59 2011] : (1) Jack: "There is some ridiculous claim that I've imported more goods on my simple vessel than I declared."
[Wed Mar 30 20:23:32 2011] : (1) Jack: "As an upstanding citizen I have no objection to paying fair taxes on the goods I legitimately import."
[Wed Mar 30 20:24:06 2011] : (1) Jack: It is clear that Jack has been smuggling goods and that the harbour master either knows or suspects.
[Wed Mar 30 20:24:10 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Ah, so they're maligning your good name by calling you a smuggler?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:24:15 2011] : (5) Kava: "Of course you don't"
[Wed Mar 30 20:24:29 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava has trouble keeping a straight face
[Wed Mar 30 20:25:00 2011] : (1) Jack: "Exactly!" Jack says with a wink.
[Wed Mar 30 20:25:27 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Right. Well, we'd better go and clear up all these nasty misconceptions, right?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:27:24 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica looks at Jack in the eye
[Wed Mar 30 20:27:43 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Let us simply move forwards to an end goal that crushes these evil thugs"
[Wed Mar 30 20:27:57 2011] : (6) Filica: "You wouldn't know if there is an easy way to clear those misconceptions that would involve less money than the actual paying of the duties, do you?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:27:59 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Whatever the route may prove to be"
[Wed Mar 30 20:28:13 2011] : (6) Filica: "Say if we were, for example, interested in just a piece of those goods"
[Wed Mar 30 20:29:02 2011] : (1) Jack: (To Filica, shrugging) "You could try bribing someone I suppose."
[Wed Mar 30 20:29:58 2011] : (6) Filica: "I see. You reckon that may work."
[Wed Mar 30 20:30:20 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "You think the harbourmaster's dishonest?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:30:53 2011] : (1) Jack: "Perhaps."
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:16 2011] : (6) Filica: "ok, i guess we should jsut go and see what happens"
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:17 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Is he dishonest enough? If he's looked in the box, will he be more or less honest?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:40 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica smiles at Al's insistance
[Wed Mar 30 20:31:47 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Whats the worst that could happen"
[Wed Mar 30 20:32:10 2011] : (1) Jack: "He'd better not look in the box and you'd better make sure that doesn't happen."
[Wed Mar 30 20:32:32 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Right, but what if he already has? I take it he'd be quite unhappy."
[Wed Mar 30 20:32:54 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 30 20:33:19 2011] : (1) Jack: "He would be very pleased; I would not. Let's leave it at that."
[Wed Mar 30 20:34:50 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Ah, right. So we're probably best off looking not-very-interested in it, just in case he gets curious."
[Wed Mar 30 20:35:10 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc unless we double-cross Jack and completely kill David's plotline! :)
[Wed Mar 30 20:35:31 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc you could do that
[Wed Mar 30 20:35:50 2011] : (3) Donessh: "I think that it will be difficult to look not interested if showing up wanting to bribe him for it"
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:07 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc "... if we show up..."
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:11 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "So we go and find it after hours."
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:15 2011] : (5) Kava: "I think I would find that impossible"
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:29 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc David uses Agile plot management, it has a 1 week iteration, and at the end of each week he makes a tentative plan ;-)
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:32 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Jack, we're here drinking with you all night, aren't we?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:40 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc lol classic
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:51 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc hehe
[Wed Mar 30 20:36:52 2011] : (5) Kava: "Until morning, at the earliest"
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:02 2011] : (5) Kava: LOL@Agile
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:17 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc should probably explain to Henry that Jack is an NPC from a different campaign and whilst your characters don't know him, all the players do.
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:35 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc Captain Honest Jack? I remember him :)
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:40 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc he was one of my favourite NPCs too.
[Wed Mar 30 20:37:40 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc omg, it's that same Jack?
[Wed Mar 30 20:38:19 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc Who else? ;)
[Wed Mar 30 20:38:22 2011] : (6) Filica: "Let's go"
[Wed Mar 30 20:38:24 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc It's the same Jack
[Wed Mar 30 20:39:01 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Kava, why?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:40:26 2011] : (1) DM: "Why yes, I do believe you've been here all night. Isn't that right, Raith?" The barkeep nods.
[Wed Mar 30 20:40:43 2011] : (1) Jack: "Now go get my box."
[Wed Mar 30 20:41:05 2011] : (5) Kava: "Just in case we need to establish our where-abouts when a certain box goes missing"
[Wed Mar 30 20:41:17 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Come on gents, Jack needs to work hard enough to keep Raith's bar busy."
[Wed Mar 30 20:41:25 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "And ladies too, of course."
[Wed Mar 30 20:41:45 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava stares at Al for a moment before leaving the bar
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:09 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica leaves the Inn inconpisc....something or other
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:21 2011] : (6) Filica: inconpiscuously
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:26 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc yay!
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:28 2011] : (2) Mordecai: Mordecai follows Al
[Wed Mar 30 20:42:57 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc inconspicuously?
[Wed Mar 30 20:43:02 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Right then, are we sneaking in? Let's have a look at the guards."
[Wed Mar 30 20:43:28 2011] : (1) DM: Altraminus cases the small warehouse attached to the harbour master's office.
[Wed Mar 30 20:44:07 2011] : (5) Kava: "Aren't we trying bribery first then?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:44:19 2011] : (1) DM: The large main double doors of the building are guarded by two bored looking guards leaning on their spears and talking to each other and not really paying attention.
[Wed Mar 30 20:44:46 2011] : (1) DM: I seems like there is a second entrance via the office.
[Wed Mar 30 20:45:24 2011] : (1) DM: Round the back are some small grimey windows high up close to the roof.
[Wed Mar 30 20:45:52 2011] : (1) DM: There sounds like two or more guard dogs prowling around inside.
[Wed Mar 30 20:45:56 2011] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:30 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava looks up at the high, small windows and shudders
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:32 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Hmm. Reckon we go in the window? Get some meat, some sleeping powder for the dogs, get the box and go?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:34 2011] : (1) DM: ooc back
[Wed Mar 30 20:46:52 2011] : (1) DM: Perception checks
[Wed Mar 30 20:47:12 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(2) + 0 + 1 + 5] = 8
[Wed Mar 30 20:47:31 2011] : (3) Donessh: Perception: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed Mar 30 20:47:50 2011] : (6) Filica: Perception: [1d20(2) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 10
[Wed Mar 30 20:48:14 2011] : (6) Filica: "sounds like a plan"
[Wed Mar 30 20:48:30 2011] : (5) Kava: Perception: [1d20(1) + 0] = 1
[Wed Mar 30 20:48:32 2011] : (5) Kava: Perception: [1d20(4) + 0] = 4
[Wed Mar 30 20:48:54 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc Sorry, there was a lag, so I tried it again
[Wed Mar 30 20:49:10 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Look under the windows, there's something on the wall"
[Wed Mar 30 20:49:25 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Glyphs if I'm right"
[Wed Mar 30 20:49:37 2011] : (3) Donessh: Arcana: [1d20(18) + 0] = 18
[Wed Mar 30 20:49:52 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Ah, yes, there are. That's nice. Might not be too much fun to trigger those!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:00 2011] : (1) DM: Perhaps some sort of trap or magical alarm.
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:31 2011] : (5) Kava: Arcana: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:37 2011] : (5) Kava: "Hmm"
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:38 2011] : (2) Mordecai: Perception: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Mar 30 20:50:49 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc sorry, sam needed me
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:02 2011] : (6) Filica: "ouch, how do we go about those then?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:52:00 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, I don't know. Let's have a think."
[Wed Mar 30 20:52:12 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Al thinks of what he knows about such matters
[Wed Mar 30 20:52:16 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Streetwise: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22
[Wed Mar 30 20:52:17 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(1) + 4 + 1 + 5 - 0] = 11
[Wed Mar 30 20:53:34 2011] : (1) DM: Altraminus, you can attempt to disable it But I would recommend rolling something bigger than 1 when you try...
[Wed Mar 30 20:53:48 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:05 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Right. Everyone ready? I'd stand back and be ready to leg it if I were you!"
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:23 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava stands back a bit
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:24 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Once everyone's clear, Al starts fiddling
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:27 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(13) + 4 + 1 + 5 - 0] = 23
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:41 2011] : (1) DM: In summary, there are three possible entrances, through the trapped/alarmed rear windows. Through the guarded main doors. Or through the side door via the harbour master's office.
[Wed Mar 30 20:54:45 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica takes a few steps back, considering what would be a safe distance
[Wed Mar 30 20:55:03 2011] : (1) DM: Altraminus, easily deactivates the alarms.
[Wed Mar 30 20:55:31 2011] : (1) DM: Looking through the windows, Altraminus can see three fierce looking hounds prowling inside.
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:09 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "So, you suggested meat and sleeping draught?"
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:30 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Worth a go"
[Wed Mar 30 20:57:56 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "The other option is to kill them, but that's noisier and there's no point if we can avoid it"
[Wed Mar 30 20:58:16 2011] : (3) Donessh: "That would be the last option"
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:11 2011] : (1) DM: Those items are easy to obtain. The person dosing the meat make a heal check, someone can assist with a nature check.
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:29 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Nature: [1d20(15) + 0 + 1] = 16
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:30 2011] : (3) Donessh: Heal: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:34 2011] : (4) Altraminus: (to assist)
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:35 2011] : (6) Filica: Nature: [1d20(3) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 11
[Wed Mar 30 20:59:47 2011] : (6) Filica: (to assist too)
[Wed Mar 30 21:00:35 2011] : (1) DM: Donessh, with helpful advice from Altraminus (and not so helpful assistance from Filica) measures out a portion of the sleeping potion onto the meat.
[Wed Mar 30 21:00:52 2011] : (1) DM: Throwing the meat inside through the windows?
[Wed Mar 30 21:01:26 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Yes
[Wed Mar 30 21:01:42 2011] : (5) Kava: "Really throw that meat in, so you don't step on any sleeping dogs when you enter"
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:08 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Oh, anyone got some rope? If we can tie their mouths shut they won't be able to bark as much.
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:37 2011] : (6) Filica: "rope won't do it. you need cloth, so it stays better"
[Wed Mar 30 21:02:46 2011] : (1) DM: The dogs pounce on the meat eagerly and scoff the lot, the spent a few minutes whimpering loudly and unhappily before they finally fall asleep.
[Wed Mar 30 21:03:45 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Right. Who's coming in?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:06 2011] : (1) DM: Anyone going in needs to make a stealth check.
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:09 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Stealth: [1d20(11) + 10] = 21
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:11 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava just looks and backs away
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:16 2011] : (6) Filica: Stealth: [1d20(13) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 22
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:40 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I think I'll wait out here for now. If you get in any trouble I'll climb in"
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:57 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Same here, this new armour isn't very subtle"
[Wed Mar 30 21:04:59 2011] : (2) Mordecai: Mordecai backs into any available shadows
[Wed Mar 30 21:05:06 2011] : (2) Mordecai: Stealth: [1d20(20) + 0] = 20
[Wed Mar 30 21:05:38 2011] : (1) DM: Altraminus and Filica, sneak in silently and begin searching for the box.
[Wed Mar 30 21:06:17 2011] : (1) DM: The box is easy to find, stacked on top of a pile of crates labelled "Tyron. Waveskimmer. Unpaid import taxes."
[Wed Mar 30 21:06:20 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava tries to be as inconspicuous as possible
[Wed Mar 30 21:06:46 2011] : (1) DM: Doing anything else while inside the building?
[Wed Mar 30 21:06:57 2011] : (1) DM: The dogs are beginning to stir.
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:20 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Let's look for more traps, then go!"
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:23 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(2) + 0 + 1 + 5] = 8
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:31 2011] : (1) DM: The box is surprisingly heavy.
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:33 2011] : (6) Filica: Perception: [1d20(6) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 14
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:36 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc that's traps on the box, obviously
[Wed Mar 30 21:07:43 2011] : (1) DM: You don't spot anything.
[Wed Mar 30 21:08:01 2011] : (6) Filica: "no time to look a tthis now. Let's get out of here"
[Wed Mar 30 21:08:09 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica whispers
[Wed Mar 30 21:08:31 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc how heavy?
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:14 2011] : (1) DM: ooc about 5 kg.
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:34 2011] : (6) Filica: "You go out, and I'll hand it to you"
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:41 2011] : (1) DM: It clinks slightly.
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:47 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica gets ready to leave
[Wed Mar 30 21:09:50 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Yes, we can investigate later."
[Wed Mar 30 21:10:44 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Al scrambles up to the window, ready to receive the box
[Wed Mar 30 21:11:08 2011] : (1) DM: You both exit the building just as the dogs begin to wake.
[Wed Mar 30 21:11:14 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica hands the box and climbs after him
[Wed Mar 30 21:11:21 2011] : (6) Filica: "Phew, that was close"
[Wed Mar 30 21:11:35 2011] : (6) Filica: "That box is extremely heavy, for such a little thing"
[Wed Mar 30 21:12:38 2011] : (1) DM: The box is locked.
[Wed Mar 30 21:13:03 2011] : (5) Kava: "Let's get away from here"
[Wed Mar 30 21:13:07 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Pass it to one of our strong guys"
[Wed Mar 30 21:13:22 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava takes the box and walks on
[Wed Mar 30 21:13:36 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "So let's find somewhere quiet to have a play, then."
[Wed Mar 30 21:14:19 2011] : (3) Donessh: "No. We want Jacks help and we made a deal"
[Wed Mar 30 21:14:50 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc oddly I think our sorceror is our strongest!
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:12 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I agree with Donessh"
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:15 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc quite possibly.
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:19 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "But what if he's not on the level?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:43 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "It's enough to have already done this. Let's not make it for no reason"
[Wed Mar 30 21:15:50 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Then he's not on the level, but we made a deal"
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:10 2011] : (6) Filica: "I'm unconclusive in this. Not sure, one way or another. Reason says "look in, becasue then we know what we're dealing with""
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:26 2011] : (6) Filica: "Moral says "don't look in, you made a deal"
[Wed Mar 30 21:16:47 2011] : (6) Filica: "Somewhere in the middle would be to go to Jackand ask him to open it in front of us."
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:02 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Ok, so say we look and Jack finds out and wont work with us anymore. Then what?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:02 2011] : (5) Kava: "I like that"
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:06 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Curiousity says 'what's there, and why can't we play with it?'!"
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:07 2011] : (6) Filica: "As we've taken the risks and if we have a deal, he should be open with us"
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:33 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I am a good judge of character, and I believe that Jack is a worthy, if not an honest" man
[Wed Mar 30 21:17:41 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I am a good judge of character, and I believe that Jack is a worthy, if not an honest man"
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:03 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Let's go, then."
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:13 2011] : (1) DM: Back to the Jellied Eel?
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:19 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I do like Filica's suggestion however"
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:23 2011] : (6) Filica: "yeah, let's go back"
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:41 2011] : (1) DM: You return to the inn.
[Wed Mar 30 21:18:49 2011] : (6) Filica: "At worst, he won't open it. And if he doesn't, then we'll know where we stand with him"
[Wed Mar 30 21:19:19 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc it's not our steelbronze ingots is it? ;-)
[Wed Mar 30 21:19:50 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 30 21:19:53 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc I sincerely hope not, since they weighed a lot more than that
[Wed Mar 30 21:20:01 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc you'll have to wait and see
[Wed Mar 30 21:21:22 2011] : (1) Jack: Jack greats you when he sees you with the box. "Hello friends who have been here drinking all night and definetly not recovering a certain box"
[Wed Mar 30 21:21:30 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc DM: :-P
[Wed Mar 30 21:21:55 2011] : (6) Filica: "Hello there. We've drunk so much that we think we actually ahve seen your box. Heavy box. Somewhere"
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:01 2011] : (5) Kava: "And who will remain drinking here for hours to come, without leaving this place once"
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:11 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Ah, our good friend and drinking companion. Shall we toast boxes?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:12 2011] : (6) Filica: "Must be this ale"
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:55 2011] : (1) Jack: "You could do one further favour and deliver the box."
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:55 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Yes, though we'd be very intrigued to see what's inside seeing as we kept our word and didn't look"
[Wed Mar 30 21:22:59 2011] : (2) Mordecai: Diplomacy: [1d20(9) + 8] = 17
[Wed Mar 30 21:23:23 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, yes, and to be sure we can keep a secret."
[Wed Mar 30 21:23:32 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Though curiousity's a powerful thing!"
[Wed Mar 30 21:23:34 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Diplomacy: [1d20(18) + 3 + 1] = 22
[Wed Mar 30 21:23:52 2011] : (1) Jack: "Ha! As would I! I only know that it must be something very valuble giving the amount of gold that changed hands over it."
[Wed Mar 30 21:24:04 2011] : (1) Jack: "Perhaps a quick peek would be alright..."
[Wed Mar 30 21:24:09 2011] : (6) Filica: "It is not even yours, is it?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:24:11 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Oh, so you're only delivering?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:24:12 2011] : (5) Kava: "You never opened it?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:24:23 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica laughs a hearty laugh
[Wed Mar 30 21:24:51 2011] : (1) Jack: "I was paid alot to deliver this box. Enough that I didn't even think of opening it. Not once."
[Wed Mar 30 21:25:05 2011] : (1) Jack: "Although... it is curiously heavy...."
[Wed Mar 30 21:25:26 2011] : (1) Jack: Jack gets out a set of lock picks. "Shall I...?" he asks you.
[Wed Mar 30 21:25:36 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "That much? Well, you could hardly be blamed if some terrible acquaintances of yours opened it and you happened to be watching."
[Wed Mar 30 21:26:01 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "It might be better for your reputation, as an honest trader, if someone else did the actual opening..."
[Wed Mar 30 21:26:21 2011] : (6) Filica: "Indeed. It might."
[Wed Mar 30 21:26:28 2011] : (1) Jack: "I like the way you think!" Jack hands over the picks to Altraminus.
[Wed Mar 30 21:26:39 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, here goes. Everyone got a good view?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:26:52 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Al checks the lock for traps (taking 20)
[Wed Mar 30 21:26:54 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Perception: [1d20(9) + 0 + 1 + 5] = 15
[Wed Mar 30 21:27:02 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc so that's 26
[Wed Mar 30 21:27:05 2011] : (1) Jack: The box is not trapped.
[Wed Mar 30 21:27:14 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Thievery: [1d20(9) + 4 + 1 + 5 - 0] = 19
[Wed Mar 30 21:27:32 2011] : (1) Jack: Altraminus deftly opens the lock and lifts the lid.
[Wed Mar 30 21:27:54 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "So what have we here?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:27:59 2011] : (1) Jack: Inside are a number of small metal ingots over different colours and lustres.
[Wed Mar 30 21:28:06 2011] : (4) Altraminus: Al grins, and hands the picks back to Jack with a flourish.
[Wed Mar 30 21:28:12 2011] : (5) Kava: "What's that?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:28:24 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc \o/
[Wed Mar 30 21:28:28 2011] : (1) Jack: "Oh. How curious. I wonder what Miranda wants with all this and why they were some damned expensive."
[Wed Mar 30 21:28:44 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc yup. well guessed Craig.
[Wed Mar 30 21:28:53 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I've never seem metals like some of those"
[Wed Mar 30 21:29:03 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc seen
[Wed Mar 30 21:29:18 2011] : (6) Filica: "yes, that is weird, indeed"
[Wed Mar 30 21:29:24 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Miranda? She's a busy lady then."
[Wed Mar 30 21:29:36 2011] : (1) Jack: "You know her?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:29:44 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "We met her today"
[Wed Mar 30 21:29:58 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "We were able to deal with her for a tome we found"
[Wed Mar 30 21:30:21 2011] : (3) Donessh: "An interesting woman"
[Wed Mar 30 21:30:33 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava pokes at the ingots
[Wed Mar 30 21:30:37 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Or rather liberated from some goblins"
[Wed Mar 30 21:30:45 2011] : (5) Kava: "Did you ever see any metal like that?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:30:47 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc was it goblins or orcs?
[Wed Mar 30 21:30:50 2011] : (1) Jack: "An interesting woman, a surprising number of interesting tales for someone who spends most of their time with her nose in books now."
[Wed Mar 30 21:31:19 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc one moment.
[Wed Mar 30 21:32:28 2011] : (6) Filica: "She indeed seemed to have hd at least an interesting past"
[Wed Mar 30 21:32:43 2011] : (6) Filica: "If not so uch of an interesting present, at least from where I stand"
[Wed Mar 30 21:33:25 2011] : (5) Kava: "Well, I might be her someday, just better looking"
[Wed Mar 30 21:33:44 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 30 21:33:49 2011] : (1) Jack: "I think I might have seen something similar, a few year backs when I sailed out of Westharbour."
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:05 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Where is Westharbour?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:06 2011] : (1) Jack: "Do you think you could deliver the box to Miranda tomorrow. Then return here and we can discuss this unpleasant business with the Cartel."
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:29 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "You asked us to get it."
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:29 2011] : (6) Filica: "Sure"
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:37 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "Now, also to deliver it?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:58 2011] : (1) Jack: "Westhabour is a sea port in the Northern kingdoms.
[Wed Mar 30 21:35:58 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "If it's missed we're holding it"
[Wed Mar 30 21:36:01 2011] : (6) Filica: "But surely you can part with some of that handsome price she paid you for it, no?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:36:23 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc or did Jack already pay us? Or did I miss something?
[Wed Mar 30 21:36:50 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc we fetched it to prove ourselves
[Wed Mar 30 21:37:12 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc Our payment is his trust
[Wed Mar 30 21:37:38 2011] : (5) Kava: "Why do I feel like a messenger girl right now?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:37:48 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc this is where D&D gets a bit silly.
[Wed Mar 30 21:38:04 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc ok, so we got the box, now he wants us to deliver it. We get paid for the delivery.
[Wed Mar 30 21:38:13 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc how so?
[Wed Mar 30 21:38:14 2011] : (1) Jack: "Seeing as delivery wasn't part of the original deal, here some coins."
[Wed Mar 30 21:38:23 2011] : (1) Jack: Jack hands over 60 gold pieces.
[Wed Mar 30 21:38:56 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc what's silly DM?
[Wed Mar 30 21:39:16 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc the sheer amout of loot you guys are supposed to collect every level.
[Wed Mar 30 21:39:20 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "The fun was worth it, and all! Reckon we'd better get to Miranda's soon?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:40:59 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc I was thnking about that... At level 2 are we supposed to have the equivalent of a level 3,2 and 1 magic item??
[Wed Mar 30 21:41:30 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc I think so
[Wed Mar 30 21:41:47 2011] : (1) Jack: ooc level 3, 4, 5 & 6.
[Wed Mar 30 21:41:57 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc but doesn"t that have to do with encounter level?
[Wed Mar 30 21:42:25 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc ok, you've lost me with the level thing
[Wed Mar 30 21:43:20 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc not sure i understand what you wrote DM
[Wed Mar 30 21:43:40 2011] : (1) Jack: It's too late to head to Miranda's now. You can stay at this inn or find another.
[Wed Mar 30 21:43:42 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc if you roll up a higher level char Del...
[Wed Mar 30 21:43:57 2011] : (2) Mordecai: you get a magic item of level +1, level and level -1
[Wed Mar 30 21:44:06 2011] : (1) DM: ooc those are the level of the magic items you get a level 2.
[Wed Mar 30 21:44:19 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc gotcha
[Wed Mar 30 21:44:26 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc L6 item at L2?
[Wed Mar 30 21:44:49 2011] : (1) DM: ooc yes. This is why someone has a very fancy lightning bow.
[Wed Mar 30 21:44:58 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 30 21:46:05 2011] : (6) Filica: ooc héhé
[Wed Mar 30 21:46:09 2011] : (1) DM: Staying at the Jellied Eel or finding a different inn?
[Wed Mar 30 21:46:27 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Well, I think they might come looking for Mr. Captain Jack when they find the box is missing, so let's go somewhere else."
[Wed Mar 30 21:46:34 2011] : (6) Filica: "So since we've spent the night here, and haven't moved, I suggest we sleep here as well"
[Wed Mar 30 21:46:55 2011] : (2) Mordecai: "I think Al has the better idea"
[Wed Mar 30 21:46:57 2011] : (3) Donessh: "I think Al has a good point"
[Wed Mar 30 21:47:38 2011] : (6) Filica: "Oh well. I'll just follow you"
[Wed Mar 30 21:48:12 2011] : (1) DM: The Silver Hind on the market square? A clean and simple inn with reasonable rates.
[Wed Mar 30 21:48:16 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "Oh, no, our roistering took us out on the town."
[Wed Mar 30 21:48:29 2011] : (5) Kava: "If we want captain Jack to vouch for us and vice-versa, I think we should be here when they come looking for him"
[Wed Mar 30 21:48:30 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "We'd better have a few rowdy drinks there, just to be obvious."
[Wed Mar 30 21:48:31 2011] : (3) Donessh: "Perhaps we should act a little tipsy, just in case"
[Wed Mar 30 21:50:12 2011] : (4) Altraminus: "This in was full, of course."
[Wed Mar 30 21:50:52 2011] : (6) Filica: "I'll go for rowdy and tipsy"
[Wed Mar 30 21:51:02 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica orders another ale and drinks up
[Wed Mar 30 21:51:18 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc inn, not in!
[Wed Mar 30 21:51:20 2011] : (1) DM: Who's sharing rooms with who?
[Wed Mar 30 21:51:28 2011] : (5) Kava: "Tipsy I can do, but I'd like to avoid rowdy. I tend to scare people"
[Wed Mar 30 21:52:21 2011] : (3) Donessh: ooc 2 rooms: Boys and girls?
[Wed Mar 30 21:52:57 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc sure
[Wed Mar 30 21:52:57 2011] : (2) Mordecai: ooc fine by me
[Wed Mar 30 21:53:07 2011] : (1) DM: [1d2(2)] = 2
[Wed Mar 30 21:53:12 2011] : (5) Kava: ooc Yep
[Wed Mar 30 21:53:29 2011] : (1) DM: Kava and Filica, make perception checks.
[Wed Mar 30 21:53:38 2011] : (6) Filica: Perception: [1d20(1) + 2 + 1 + 5] = 9
[Wed Mar 30 21:54:08 2011] : (1) DM: [1d20(16) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 25
[Wed Mar 30 21:54:12 2011] : (1) DM: [1d20(16) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 25
[Wed Mar 30 21:54:17 2011] : (1) DM: [1d20(12) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 21
[Wed Mar 30 21:54:32 2011] : (1) DM: [1d20(8) + 3 + 1 + 5] = 17
[Wed Mar 30 21:54:42 2011] : (1) DM: Kava? Perception check?
[Wed Mar 30 21:54:58 2011] : (5) Kava: Perception: [1d20(16) + 0] = 16
[Wed Mar 30 21:56:00 2011] : (1) DM: You both shaken roughly awake.
[Wed Mar 30 21:56:33 2011] : (6) Filica: "Whaaaa?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:56:39 2011] : (5) Kava: "Huh?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:57:07 2011] : (1) Thug: "Don't move or we'll cut yer." You feel knives against your throat.
[Wed Mar 30 21:57:09 2011] : (5) Kava: Kava tries to sit up and look around
[Wed Mar 30 21:57:38 2011] : (4) Altraminus: ooc brb
[Wed Mar 30 21:57:51 2011] : (1) Thug: The gray light of the early dawn is just begining to shine through the windows.
[Wed Mar 30 21:57:55 2011] : (5) Kava: "Who do you think we are?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:58:25 2011] : (6) Filica: "And do you want anything?"
[Wed Mar 30 21:58:42 2011] : (6) Filica: Filica tries to keep her cool, although she does not really feel that cool
[Wed Mar 30 21:58:53 2011] : (1) DM: Meanwhile, across the town at the Jellied Eel, the patrons are rudely awoken by hobnailed boots stomping on the floorboard and shouts of "This a raid! Nobody move!"
[Wed Mar 30 21:58:59 2011] : (1) DM: GAME END