Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Oct 20 19:44:04 2010] : (4) DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 20 19:44:29 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc I'm so-so on spells
[Wed Oct 20 19:44:56 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc used just under 1/2
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:16 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc I appear to be on 27/39 HP.
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:23 2010] : (8) Gwydion: HP Status: 35 out of 36 (30 out of 31 due to Con damage) plus 6 non-lethal damage
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:26 2010] : (6) Dorcas: HP Status: 33 out of 33
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:30 2010] : (7) Keryn: HP Status: 35 out of 35
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:41 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:43 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:45 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 19:45:53 2010] : (7) Keryn: on Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 19:46:20 2010] : (4) DM: Having made your way to the Isle of Terror, and crossed its unnatural landscape, you found and entered the City of Golden Death. Once the great city of Kestrillon, it was captured and subjugated by Tar-Baphon, the Lich-King. He renamed it Xin-Grafar, and attempted to use it to trap and destroy the god Aroden - but was himself destroyed.
[Wed Oct 20 19:46:20 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I have no idea when the non-lethal stuff is from!
[Wed Oct 20 19:46:33 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc the heat damage from the bridges
[Wed Oct 20 19:46:34 2010] : (4) DM: ooc that's from the heat of the canals
[Wed Oct 20 19:47:26 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc I've got 4 nl
[Wed Oct 20 19:48:21 2010] : (4) DM: Xin-Grafar now stands mostly ruined, its stones covered in gold, with its once-beautiful canals now lethal rivers of molten metal. The gold floods the city completely 72 hours after the gates are opened; it's been over 24 hours now since Iramine and her cultists came here to plunder the ruins to enrich the Living God.
[Wed Oct 20 19:49:15 2010] : (4) DM: You, the heroes, have reasons of your own to wish for vengeance on the Cult: it was their robbery of Kassen's tomb, near your hometown, that led to the deaths of several of your friends and neighbours - and nearly to your own.
[Wed Oct 20 19:51:00 2010] : (4) DM: Since entering the city, you have crossed the first two of the Three Rings, and now you stand at the gates of the third. The road leads upwards through the wall of the Third Ring, and the rooms beyond glow with a strange green light - like the phosphorescence illuminating the rest of the underground city, but much brighter.
[Wed Oct 20 19:51:46 2010] : (4) DM: OOC: you've just fought and defeated a bunch of cultists; it seemed that they were already scared and ready to flee anyway. Are you resting now, or continuing straight on?
[Wed Oct 20 19:52:36 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I wouldn't feel safe to rest knowing that the preistess just eyeballed us and legged it
[Wed Oct 20 19:52:45 2010] : (5) Zedd: "We have less than 2 days remaining before this whole place is flooded in gold and I'd rather not leave it to the last minute. Shall we press on?"
[Wed Oct 20 19:52:45 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc priestess
[Wed Oct 20 19:52:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc me neither
[Wed Oct 20 19:53:06 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I concurr Zedd"
[Wed Oct 20 19:53:14 2010] : (4) DM: ooc also, how much XP do you have?
[Wed Oct 20 19:53:23 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc millions!
[Wed Oct 20 19:53:45 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc My notes say 15800 XP
[Wed Oct 20 19:53:49 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc umm 17,050 - though I've not been best at tracking it!
[Wed Oct 20 19:53:57 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc they may not reflect reality
[Wed Oct 20 19:54:27 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc 15000 was the level 5 amount and we've gained a bit since then
[Wed Oct 20 19:54:45 2010] : (4) DM: OK
[Wed Oct 20 19:54:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Checking
[Wed Oct 20 19:56:03 2010] : (4) DM: I thought it was about 17500 by now; unless someone can convince me otherwise that's what you've got :)
[Wed Oct 20 19:56:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc 17950 according to my count
[Wed Oct 20 19:56:55 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Been tracking it using PCGen
[Wed Oct 20 19:57:01 2010] : (4) DM: OK. 17950.
[Wed Oct 20 19:57:21 2010] : (4) DM: ooc Right. No resting, pressing on.
[Wed Oct 20 19:57:46 2010] : (9) Benedicta (enter): 19:57
[Wed Oct 20 19:57:57 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc Hi Del!
[Wed Oct 20 19:57:58 2010] : (5) Zedd: Hi Delphine!
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:02 2010] : (9) Benedicta: ooc bonsoir :)
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:04 2010] : (4) DM: Welcome!
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:13 2010] : (9) Benedicta: ooc I am not playing ;)
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:20 2010] : (4) DM: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:20 2010] : (9) Benedicta: but I wanted to lurk
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:31 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc you've not updated to 10.10 yet then Del?
[Wed Oct 20 19:58:34 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Lurk away and welcome
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:15 2010] : (9) Benedicta: ooc actually, I have
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:21 2010] : (9) Benedicta: ooc but I am completely lost in this game
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:33 2010] : (9) Benedicta: ooc you mean 1.10 right?
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:42 2010] : (9) Benedicta: ooc or has David been really busy?
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:46 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc Ubuntu 10.10
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:47 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc No Ubuntu 10.10 - I had a little trouble starting up - probably due to a change in either python o
[Wed Oct 20 19:59:57 2010] : (9) Delphine: ooc ah ok
[Wed Oct 20 20:00:01 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc or WX Python
[Wed Oct 20 20:00:07 2010] : (9) Delphine: ooc no, and I am not updating, I've read only terrible things about it
[Wed Oct 20 20:00:18 2010] : (4) DM: The tunnel leads uphill into the second ring; it opens out to reveal a wide, flat island. In the centre of the island is a small building, circular and with a shallow-sloped tiled roof. The walls are inlaid with ornate runes.
[Wed Oct 20 20:00:37 2010] : (4) DM: (Knowledge: History or Linguistics to recognise the runes)
[Wed Oct 20 20:00:46 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Knowledge History: [1d20(8) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 16
[Wed Oct 20 20:00:48 2010] : (7) Keryn: Knowledge History: [1d20(20) + 2 + 1 + 3] = 26
[Wed Oct 20 20:01:06 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc stop making up skills DM!
[Wed Oct 20 20:01:09 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Is that the only building we've seen that's still in one piece? The rest of the place has been all tumbledown and ruined."
[Wed Oct 20 20:01:15 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Better take a good look before storming the building"
[Wed Oct 20 20:01:35 2010] : (4) DM: ooc I'm not!
[Wed Oct 20 20:01:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas moves forward cautiously
[Wed Oct 20 20:01:51 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Stealth: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:01 2010] : (5) Zedd: As does Zeddd.
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:06 2010] : (5) Zedd: Stealth: [1d20(8) + 12] = 20
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:23 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn hangs back
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:38 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I seem to have missed that skill entirely!
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:45 2010] : (4) DM: The building sits there, still and silent, not reacting.
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas circles the building
[Wed Oct 20 20:02:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL@DM
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:03 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc It's a gazebo! Run!
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:05 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion hangs out with Keryn
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:12 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Shoot it!
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:16 2010] : (4) DM: ooc Exactly. Except this one's more of a tabernacle.
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:25 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc Its coming right for us!
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:38 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd tries the door.
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:49 2010] : (4) DM: There is a door on the near side, but no windows are visible.
[Wed Oct 20 20:03:57 2010] : (4) DM: The door is unlocked, and the handle turns quietly.
[Wed Oct 20 20:04:06 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas listens at the door
[Wed Oct 20 20:04:08 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(6) + 13] = 19
[Wed Oct 20 20:04:24 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas hears nothing.
[Wed Oct 20 20:04:24 2010] : (5) Zedd: Waiting for Dorcas and then opening it slowly and then looking inside.
[Wed Oct 20 20:04:32 2010] : (4) DM: As Zedd opens the door...
[Wed Oct 20 20:05:28 2010] : (4) DM: ooc are these posiitions about right?
[Wed Oct 20 20:05:54 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc looks reasonable
[Wed Oct 20 20:05:55 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc I've got Zedd covered with my bow
[Wed Oct 20 20:06:00 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I'd stay within about 30 feet
[Wed Oct 20 20:06:12 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc except for that that big red A that shouldn't be on the map :P
[Wed Oct 20 20:06:24 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 20:06:52 2010] : (4) DM: There's a hideous screech, and a skeletal golden dragon clambers up the cliff at the edge of the island.
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:11 2010] : (4) DM: Initiative, please!
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:14 2010] : (7) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(20) + 3] = 23
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:16 2010] : (5) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:25 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc Elan "It's OK, Everyone knows Golden Dragons are on the side of good"
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:30 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:33 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 2 + 4] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 20:07:50 2010] : (4) DM: Init: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 20:08:12 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc "Durkon: 'Turn undead!'"
[Wed Oct 20 20:09:17 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Zedd, your turn. It's used its action in the surprise round to climb up the cliff.
[Wed Oct 20 20:09:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Not another bloody skeleton"
[Wed Oct 20 20:09:25 2010] : (4) DM: This is the first round of real combat.
[Wed Oct 20 20:09:56 2010] : (5) Zedd: Is there anything in the room?
[Wed Oct 20 20:10:46 2010] : (4) DM: In the building? It's dark and you can't see anything in there.
[Wed Oct 20 20:11:06 2010] : ** No match found
[Wed Oct 20 20:11:09 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd closes the door and advances, drawing a club.
[Wed Oct 20 20:11:11 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:11:29 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 20:12:24 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn starts to circle around the skeleton
[Wed Oct 20 20:12:40 2010] : (7) Keryn: done
[Wed Oct 20 20:12:44 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 20:12:53 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Mirror Image: Level 2 - Produces 3 images that share my square (max 8). Near miss = 13
[Wed Oct 20 20:13:25 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion moves closer
[Wed Oct 20 20:13:26 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:13:52 2010] : (4) DM: OK. The dragon lets out a horrible roar and charges Zedd.
[Wed Oct 20 20:14:39 2010] : (4) DM: Bite Attack: [1d20(17) + 15] = 32 Damage: [2d6(6,6) + 10] = 22
[Wed Oct 20 20:14:56 2010] : (4) DM: ooc ouch!
[Wed Oct 20 20:15:12 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 20:15:35 2010] : (5) Zedd: "ARGH!"
[Wed Oct 20 20:15:38 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas circles round while putting her bow away
[Wed Oct 20 20:15:55 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:15:59 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 20:16:09 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc does the dragon have reach?
[Wed Oct 20 20:16:27 2010] : (4) DM: ooc it's large enough that Zedd thinks "probably".
[Wed Oct 20 20:17:06 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd attacks with club and shield.
[Wed Oct 20 20:17:09 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc As does Dorces ;)
[Wed Oct 20 20:17:35 2010] : (5) Zedd: Club (main hand): [1d20(4) + 8] = 12; Damage: [1d6(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 20:17:42 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(16) + 10] = 26; Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 20:17:49 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:18:17 2010] : (4) DM: Though Zedd staggers a little, both his weapons strike effectively, crushing a dozen bones in the skeletal left wing.
[Wed Oct 20 20:18:25 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 20:18:40 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc ahem
[Wed Oct 20 20:18:49 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydio assesses the dragon and begins a spell
[Wed Oct 20 20:18:53 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Grease: Level 1 - Covers a 10 foot square within 35 feet with grease for 5 rounds. DC 16 reflex save for all within the area, or fall prone.
[Wed Oct 20 20:19:12 2010] : (4) DM: ooc Keryn? *oops*
[Wed Oct 20 20:19:27 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc s'ok. I'll go next
[Wed Oct 20 20:19:32 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:19:38 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Reflex: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:02 2010] : (4) DM: The dragon slips and slithers, crashing to its side with a noise that echoes around the cavern.
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:06 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:11 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn sends the wolf charging in
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:34 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc Grease is a great spell for slow, large creatures :-D
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:38 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd breaths a loud sigh of relief.
[Wed Oct 20 20:20:57 2010] : (4) DM: AoO: [1d20(15) + 11] = 26 [2d6(6,6) + 10] = 22
[Wed Oct 20 20:21:01 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc sorry, I meant to move
[Wed Oct 20 20:21:07 2010] : (4) DM: Wolfie takes 22 damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:21:15 2010] : (4) DM: ooc this thing rolls HIGH damage!
[Wed Oct 20 20:21:22 2010] : (7) Keryn: "aroooooo"
[Wed Oct 20 20:21:35 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc do you get an AoO when prone?
[Wed Oct 20 20:21:38 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn runs to Zedds aid, wand in hand
[Wed Oct 20 20:22:04 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc sorry - we went out of turn, never mind
[Wed Oct 20 20:22:17 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc no way I can run that far and use the wand, right?
[Wed Oct 20 20:22:39 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes, you do get an AoO
[Wed Oct 20 20:22:44 2010] : (4) DM: ooc not this turn
[Wed Oct 20 20:22:49 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:23:01 2010] : (4) DM: The dragon attempts to stand up. AoO from Wolfie and Zedd, please.
[Wed Oct 20 20:23:05 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(5) + 9] = 14, Damage: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 20:23:06 2010] : (5) Zedd: Club: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20; Damage: [1d6(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 20:23:19 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 20:23:52 2010] : (4) DM: Despite being struck again, the dragon gets to its feet.
[Wed Oct 20 20:24:23 2010] : (4) DM: With a roar, it exhales a cloud of fire! Zedd, Keryn and Gwydion to make Reflex saves, please.
[Wed Oct 20 20:24:34 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20
[Wed Oct 20 20:24:37 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Reflex: [1d20(18) + 2 + 4] = 24
[Wed Oct 20 20:24:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 3 + 2 + 1] = 18
[Wed Oct 20 20:24:47 2010] : (4) DM: Damage: [4d10(6,3,1,3)] = 13, reflex halves, reset [1d4(3)] = 3 rounds
[Wed Oct 20 20:24:59 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn takes 13 damage; Gwydion and Zedd 7 each.
[Wed Oct 20 20:25:02 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 20:25:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas draws her club, moves forward and swings
[Wed Oct 20 20:25:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12, Damage: [1d6(2) + 0] = 2 HP damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:25:54 2010] : (4) DM: The dragon, having recovered from its reckless charge, manages to turn aside the blow.
[Wed Oct 20 20:25:56 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 20:26:28 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Damn these creatures with long necks!"
[Wed Oct 20 20:26:51 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd continues attacking, ignoring his bloody and burnt wounds.
[Wed Oct 20 20:26:54 2010] : (5) Zedd: Club (main hand): [1d20(9) + 8] = 17; Damage: [1d6(5) + 3] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 20:26:55 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(8) + 10] = 18; Damage: [1d8(6) + 2] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:00 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:30 2010] : (4) DM: Two solid hits, and the dragon is looking badly damaged.
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:33 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:35 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn steps forward and uses the wand on Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:41 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(16) + 9] = 25, Damage: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:48 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 20:27:49 2010] : (4) DM: AoO from the dragon: [1d20+13
[Wed Oct 20 20:28:08 2010] : (4) DM: AoO from the dragon: [1d20(6) + 13] = 19 [2d6(4,6) + 10] = 20
[Wed Oct 20 20:28:18 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn takes 20 damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:28:38 2010] : (4) DM: The wolf manages a bite but can't topple the giant skeleton.
[Wed Oct 20 20:28:38 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc That creature is lethal
[Wed Oct 20 20:28:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn looks close to death
[Wed Oct 20 20:28:59 2010] : (4) DM: ooc it's rolled five 6's out of 6 d6s
[Wed Oct 20 20:29:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc and the +10 helps a lot as well
[Wed Oct 20 20:29:31 2010] : (4) DM: On Gwydion's turn, the dragon tries to remain upright in the grease: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11 vs 16
[Wed Oct 20 20:29:38 2010] : (4) DM: Once again, it slips and falls
[Wed Oct 20 20:29:59 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Sound Burst - Level 2 - Deals [1d8(3)] = 3 sonic damage in a 10 ft radius, 35 ft range. Subjects are stunned unless they pass a Fort save of DC 17; duration - 1 round.)
[Wed Oct 20 20:30:20 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc to the rear so as to only get the draogn
[Wed Oct 20 20:30:23 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc dragon
[Wed Oct 20 20:30:30 2010] : (4) DM: Fortitude save: [1d20(18) + 7] = 25
[Wed Oct 20 20:30:52 2010] : (4) DM: The dragon bellows in anger, but is still active. It tries to stand; AoO from Zedd, Dorcas and Wolfie.
[Wed Oct 20 20:30:55 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc unbelievable rolls!
[Wed Oct 20 20:30:57 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc /me confiscates the DM's dice
[Wed Oct 20 20:31:00 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(9) + 9] = 18, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 20:31:08 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(2) + 9] = 11, Damage: [1d6(5) + 0] = 5 HP damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:31:20 2010] : (5) Zedd: Club: [1d20(19) + 10] = 29; Damage: [1d6(3) + 3] = 6; Critical threat? [1d20(11) + 10] = 21; Damage: [6 + 1d6(1) + 3] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 20:31:56 2010] : (4) DM: Light fortification: [1d100(23)] = 23 (damage negated on 76+)
[Wed Oct 20 20:32:12 2010] : (4) DM: Wolfie and Zedd manage another couple of strikes.
[Wed Oct 20 20:32:27 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(2) + 5] = 7 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 20:32:35 2010] : (4) DM: The dragon is now very badly damaged; it lashes out with all its limbs.
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:03 2010] : (4) DM: Bite against Zedd, with Awesome Blow: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17 [2d6(3,2) + 5] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:09 2010] : (4) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:17 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "how is everyone doing?"
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:26 2010] : (5) Zedd: The dragon's teeth leave deep scratches in Zedd's shield.
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:37 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn looks barely conscious
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:48 2010] : (4) DM: Claws attacking Zedd, also with AB: [1d20(11) + 9] = 20 [1d8(3) + 5] = 8 [1d20(16) + 9] = 25 [1d8(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 20:33:54 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "I'm fine, I just want to smash this thing to pieces"
[Wed Oct 20 20:34:02 2010] : (4) DM: Two reflex saves, please, and Zedd takes 14 damage.
[Wed Oct 20 20:34:07 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd looks like he might survive another attack if he's lucky.
[Wed Oct 20 20:34:38 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc The 20 misses, right?
[Wed Oct 20 20:34:46 2010] : (4) DM: Wing vs Wolfie: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19 [1d6(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 20:34:49 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 20:34:57 2010] : (4) DM: so 6 damage and one reflex save
[Wed Oct 20 20:35:04 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(3) + 8] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 20:35:09 2010] : (4) DM: Success
[Wed Oct 20 20:35:14 2010] : (4) DM: Tail swings at Dorcas
[Wed Oct 20 20:35:34 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24 [1d8(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Oct 20 20:35:42 2010] : (4) DM: Reflex save, please, and 13 damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:36:02 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Reflex: [1d20(15) + 10] = 25
[Wed Oct 20 20:36:11 2010] : (4) DM: Success.
[Wed Oct 20 20:36:13 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 20:36:32 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas swings again, getting slightly annoyed
[Wed Oct 20 20:36:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17, Damage: [1d6(2) + 0] = 2 HP damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:36:58 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Annoyed with herself, mainly. She swings like a girl
[Wed Oct 20 20:37:07 2010] : (4) DM: That's a hit, and a glancing blow.
[Wed Oct 20 20:37:10 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:37:11 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 20:37:46 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd continues to attack.
[Wed Oct 20 20:37:50 2010] : (5) Zedd: Club (main hand): [1d20(20) + 8] = 28; Damage: [1d6(3) + 3] = 6; Critical threat? [1d20(5) + 8] = 13; Damage: [6 + 1d6(4) + 3] = 13
[Wed Oct 20 20:37:51 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(17) + 10] = 27; Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:20 2010] : (4) DM: Light fortification: [1d100(43)] = 43 (damage negated on 76+)
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:34 2010] : (4) DM: Two solid hits, and the ancient guardian collapses to the ground.
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:35 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:49 2010] : (4) DM: ooc /me does the arithmetic
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Pheew"
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:52 2010] : (4) DM: 1600 XP each
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:52 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(5) + 5] = 10 HP
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:57 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion moves to Keryn
[Wed Oct 20 20:38:59 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd looks at his deep woulds and his battered shield.
[Wed Oct 20 20:39:10 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion then moves to Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 20:39:11 2010] : (5) Zedd: "That thing didn't half have a nasty bite."
[Wed Oct 20 20:39:14 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(8) + 5] = 13 HP
[Wed Oct 20 20:39:21 2010] : (5) Zedd: "I honestly thought that was the end."
[Wed Oct 20 20:39:37 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "And that's all of my magic used up"
[Wed Oct 20 20:39:38 2010] : (7) Keryn: "That thing hit HARD!"
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:00 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I'm sick of skeletons! I don't have a weapon to hurt them"
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:14 2010] : (7) Keryn: "A harsh glare would've been enough to finish me off"
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:25 2010] : (7) Keryn: On Zedd...
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:27 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:28 2010] : (8) Gwydion: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:38 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "I don't know what happened, I kept missing the thing"
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:44 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc the dragon hit an image when it swiped me DM
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:51 2010] : (7) Keryn: "I dont think there's much left in this wand"
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:51 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc still 17 short
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:53 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 20:40:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 20:41:20 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Shake it Keryn. That always gets a bit more out"
[Wed Oct 20 20:41:24 2010] : (7) Keryn: "That enough?"
[Wed Oct 20 20:41:41 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Keryn gives it a rub and blows on the end" (oo-er)
[Wed Oct 20 20:41:42 2010] : (5) Zedd: "I'd like to say that would do but if we meet something else like that..."
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:11 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn points the wand at himself
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:13 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:13 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:14 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:16 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd downs a potion.
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:25 2010] : (5) Zedd: [1d6(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:30 2010] : (7) Keryn: "ah nuts, Time for a potion"
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:33 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds potion: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:39 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds potion: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:40 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I'm an idiot - it hit me with a breath weapon
[Wed Oct 20 20:42:55 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds potion: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 20:43:01 2010] : (4) DM: ooc how is everyone doing?
[Wed Oct 20 20:43:09 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd looks in his pack. "I still have 8 potions left if anyone needs some."
[Wed Oct 20 20:43:25 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Can I have some for my wolf?"
[Wed Oct 20 20:43:27 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I also have 5"
[Wed Oct 20 20:43:48 2010] : (7) Keryn: wolf is down 25hp
[Wed Oct 20 20:44:05 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc did you two take my spells into account?
[Wed Oct 20 20:44:12 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc yup
[Wed Oct 20 20:44:13 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc not sure if you saw them
[Wed Oct 20 20:44:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas downs some potions
[Wed Oct 20 20:44:42 2010] : (6) Dorcas: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 20:44:48 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc I thought they were both on Keryn. Put the 2nd spell on the wolf instead.
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:14 2010] : (8) Gwydion: (swift) Gwydion desperately swallows a potion of CLW and gains [1d8(1) + 1] = 2HP.
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:18 2010] : (8) Gwydion: (swift) Gwydion desperately swallows a potion of CLW and gains [1d8(4) + 1] = 5HP.
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:18 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd hands a couple of options to Keryn for him to find to his wolf.
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:21 2010] : (5) Zedd: Potion of Cure Light Wounds: [1d8(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:22 2010] : (5) Zedd: Potion of Cure Light Wounds: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Thanks Zedd"
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:48 2010] : (7) Keryn: Wolfie gives Zedd a lick
[Wed Oct 20 20:45:59 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc In my brain that sentence had all the right words.
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:01 2010] : (6) Dorcas: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:06 2010] : (4) DM: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:11 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "If were going, then let's go now. My spell will last another 4 minutes or so"
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:12 2010] : (6) Dorcas: HP Status: 32 out of 33
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:23 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Lets roll"
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:35 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd lights his lantern and opens the door and looks in.
[Wed Oct 20 20:46:50 2010] : (8) Gwydion: HP: 35 out of 36 (30 out of 31 due to Con damage) plus 6 non-lethal damage
[Wed Oct 20 20:47:18 2010] : (4) DM: The door opens to reveal a small, 10-foot-by-15-foot ledge high above a pit filled with gold coins. A similarly sized platform lies across the pit to the north. A door stands partially open in the northern wall on the far platform. A rope stretches across the pit, secured by pitons to the walls next to the doors in the north and south walls. The ceiling ends in high arches above the platforms.
[Wed Oct 20 20:48:10 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Better leave that gold alone"
[Wed Oct 20 20:48:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn picks up one of the smaller dragon bones and casts Light on it, then follows Zedd inside
[Wed Oct 20 20:48:45 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd enters and checks how secure the rope is.
[Wed Oct 20 20:49:37 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc if there's a use rope skill I don't have it.
[Wed Oct 20 20:49:56 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas follows Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:15 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "There's a chance that I could make such a gap in a leap"
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:20 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc survival?
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:34 2010] : (4) DM: ooc a tug on the rope gives the impression that it's well-anchored.
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:40 2010] : (4) DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:44 2010] : (5) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(9) + 7] = 16
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:44 2010] : (7) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(10) + 12] = 22
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:44 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc escape artist i think
[Wed Oct 20 20:50:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(10) + 13] = 23
[Wed Oct 20 20:51:12 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Better not leap unless secured"
[Wed Oct 20 20:51:22 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc not escape artist ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 20:51:26 2010] : (4) DM: You spot a large, snake-like creature in the pit, with a humanoid head.
[Wed Oct 20 20:51:26 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(16) + 1 + 5 + 3] = 25
[Wed Oct 20 20:51:49 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "See that snake? You wouldn't want to land before that mouth"
[Wed Oct 20 20:52:55 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd puts his lantern down and starts to climb across the pit using the rope.
[Wed Oct 20 20:52:59 2010] : (5) Zedd: Climb: [1d20(4) + 11] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 20:53:22 2010] : (4) DM: Initiative, please!
[Wed Oct 20 20:53:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 20:53:31 2010] : (5) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 4] = 13
[Wed Oct 20 20:53:39 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(20) + 2 + 4] = 26
[Wed Oct 20 20:53:42 2010] : (7) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Oct 20 20:53:45 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc brb, need drink
[Wed Oct 20 20:54:12 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5 [1d20(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 20:54:34 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc back
[Wed Oct 20 20:54:37 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd makes it across the pit
[Wed Oct 20 20:55:26 2010] : (4) DM: He spots a cultist standing just behind the closed door, watching.
[Wed Oct 20 20:55:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas follows Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 20:55:38 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Climb: [1d20(20) + 2] = 22
[Wed Oct 20 20:55:55 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc aren't we in initiative?
[Wed Oct 20 20:56:16 2010] : (4) DM: ooc your order isn't important this turn as you all got to go before the enemies
[Wed Oct 20 20:56:27 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion and Keryn next
[Wed Oct 20 20:56:30 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Are we if we even haven't spotted an enemy yet?
[Wed Oct 20 20:56:50 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion waits for Keryn to cross
[Wed Oct 20 20:56:55 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes. DM says so ;-) (I'll explain later)
[Wed Oct 20 20:57:05 2010] : (7) Keryn: Climb: [1d20(18) + 0 - 3] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 20:57:35 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc Wolfie is going to have to jump this, right?
[Wed Oct 20 20:57:41 2010] : (4) DM: ooc or stay behind.
[Wed Oct 20 20:57:58 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Or carried by Keryn
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:12 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion unhooks his whip, eyes up the rope and whips at it
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:14 2010] : (4) DM: ooc that's likely to put a significant penalty on the climb check!
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:14 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Scorpion Whip (Arcane strike): [1d20(18) + 5] = 23 Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 lethal damage (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:20 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Strapped to your body or something
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:29 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc I'd hate to think of the DC mod to carry a wolf across a rope!
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:41 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:44 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion does a circular swing away from the rope to the other side
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:48 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Acrobatics: [1d20(12) + 2 + 5 + 3 - 1] = 21
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:57 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc not rope - snake
[Wed Oct 20 20:58:59 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc, can I just check the jump rules with you?
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:16 2010] : (4) DM: ooc sure
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:16 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Show off!"
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc speed is 50, so theres a +8 bonus
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:42 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion shucks the whip from the rope
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:53 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 20:59:55 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc running jump means the total roll is the distance jumped?
[Wed Oct 20 21:00:06 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "There's always a call for a stylish entrance"
[Wed Oct 20 21:00:22 2010] : (4) DM: yes
[Wed Oct 20 21:00:26 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Sure"
[Wed Oct 20 21:00:54 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc so with skills she needs a 9 to make it
[Wed Oct 20 21:01:11 2010] : (4) DM: yooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 21:01:39 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc risky, but she's dead in the gold otherwise
[Wed Oct 20 21:02:38 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn coaxes Wolfie into attempting the jump
[Wed Oct 20 21:02:43 2010] : (7) Keryn: [1d20(9) + 3] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 21:02:59 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc 12 +8 bonus = 20ft
[Wed Oct 20 21:03:13 2010] : (4) DM: Though the wolf's back paws scrabble at the edge of the platform, Keryn manages to drag her up safely.
[Wed Oct 20 21:03:29 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc I was actually nervous!
[Wed Oct 20 21:03:58 2010] : (8) Gwydion: LOL
[Wed Oct 20 21:04:14 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Good jumper, that wolf of yours"
[Wed Oct 20 21:04:15 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc so proud of her!
[Wed Oct 20 21:05:04 2010] : (4) DM: The cultist steps back and out of sight. The serpent-creature hisses, casting a spell. A bolt of lightning sizzles upwards...
[Wed Oct 20 21:05:07 2010] : (4) DM: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 21:05:19 2010] : (4) DM: It's heading straight for Wolfie! Reflex save, please.
[Wed Oct 20 21:05:43 2010] : (7) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(9) + 2 + 4] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 21:06:09 2010] : (4) DM: [7d6(2,5,2,4,4,4,6)] = 27 damage
[Wed Oct 20 21:06:19 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Wha...?
[Wed Oct 20 21:06:29 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion's turn
[Wed Oct 20 21:06:36 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Oct 20 21:06:55 2010] : (8) Gwydion: 5ft step
[Wed Oct 20 21:07:05 2010] : (7) Keryn: Wolfie yelps in shock at a scorched bum
[Wed Oct 20 21:07:16 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Actually, I step through the door
[Wed Oct 20 21:07:17 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Through the door!"
[Wed Oct 20 21:07:29 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn next, but I'll need a moment to draw the map!
[Wed Oct 20 21:07:33 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:08:19 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas draws her rapier and steps through the door
[Wed Oct 20 21:08:23 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn hussles the Wolf (not that she needs encouraging) through the door ahead of him
[Wed Oct 20 21:08:26 2010] : (4) DM: B, C and D are cultists, all wearing the robes of simple acolytes
[Wed Oct 20 21:08:42 2010] : (4) DM: The doors on the north wall are closed.
[Wed Oct 20 21:09:43 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Any more, Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 21:09:44 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc this is somewhere was a hold portal spell might be useful. In case there are other cultists behind the doors.
[Wed Oct 20 21:10:43 2010] : (7) Keryn: Wand on Wolfie
[Wed Oct 20 21:10:45 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 21:11:04 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:11:14 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 21:11:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas moves forward and attacks Cultist B
[Wed Oct 20 21:11:43 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(9) + 7] = 16, Damage: [1d8(6) + 2] = 8 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:11:49 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:08 2010] : (4) DM: The cultist manages to catch the blow on his shield.
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:15 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:15 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc does that include bardsong?
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:26 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Yes
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:37 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd circles round B and stabs.
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:54 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(3) + 14] = 17; Damage: [1d6(2) + 6] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 21:12:58 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:13:08 2010] : (4) DM: The cultist manages to dodge.
[Wed Oct 20 21:13:47 2010] : (4) DM: The cultist at the back, C, shoots at Keryn. [1d20(20) + 6] = 26 [1d8(6)] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 21:13:58 2010] : (4) DM: Crit? [1d20(4) + 6] = 10 [1d8(5)] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 21:14:14 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn takes 5 damage. The other cultists work together to attack Zedd.
[Wed Oct 20 21:14:38 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(12) + 6] = 18 [1d6(1) + 3 + 1d6(5)] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 21:14:50 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(18) + 6] = 24 [1d6(1) + 3 + 1d6(3)] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 21:14:59 2010] : (4) DM: One hit, and is it a crit?
[Wed Oct 20 21:15:01 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(14) + 6] = 20 [1d6(2) + 3 + 1d6(1)] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 21:15:10 2010] : (4) DM: Not a critical; Zedd takes 7 damage.
[Wed Oct 20 21:15:27 2010] : (4) DM: There's a hissing from the room with the pit. [1d20(18) + 2] = 20
[Wed Oct 20 21:15:35 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 21:16:04 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Close that door!"
[Wed Oct 20 21:16:12 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion drops his whip and drwas his longsword while charging at the one with the bow
[Wed Oct 20 21:16:22 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(13) + 8] = 21 Damage: [1d8(8) + 7] = 15 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 21:16:34 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc + charge
[Wed Oct 20 21:16:58 2010] : (4) DM: A solid hit, and the sword bites deep.
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:09 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:10 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:21 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn sends Wolfie charging at the one who shot him in the back (C)
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:27 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:32 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc BRB
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:34 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:45 2010] : (4) DM: Wolfie bites the cultist.
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:55 2010] : (4) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:58 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn begins casting
[Wed Oct 20 21:17:59 2010] : (7) Keryn: done
[Wed Oct 20 21:19:03 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc back
[Wed Oct 20 21:20:01 2010] : (4) DM: ooc back; Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 21:20:36 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd attacks B
[Wed Oct 20 21:20:47 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(5) + 12] = 17; Damage: [1d6(2) + 6] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 21:20:50 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(12) + 12] = 24; Damage: [1d8(7) + 4] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 21:20:53 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:21:04 2010] : (4) DM: One hit. Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 21:21:16 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas attack B again
[Wed Oct 20 21:21:24 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(19) + 8] = 27, Damage: [1d8(5) + 2] = 7 HP ; Critical threat: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12, Damage: [7 + 2d8(2,5) + 2] = 16 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:21:30 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:02 2010] : (4) DM: Hit. The cultists next. C drops his crossbow, draws a rapier and stabs Gwydion.
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:10 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14 [1d6(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:13 2010] : (4) DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:27 2010] : (4) DM: B and D both attack Zedd again.
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:32 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23 [1d6(6) + 3 + 1d6(6)] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:33 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(15) + 6] = 21 [1d6(1) + 3 + 1d6(2)] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:38 2010] : (4) DM: 21 damage
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc OUCH
[Wed Oct 20 21:22:56 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 21:23:06 2010] : (4) DM: Oh, and the pit. More hissing. [1d20(20) + 2] = 22
[Wed Oct 20 21:23:14 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(20) + 8] = 28 Damage: [1d8(3) + 7] = 10 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
Critical threat: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20, Damage: [2d8(7,5) + 14] = 26 HP

[Wed Oct 20 21:23:43 2010] : (4) DM: The cultist is cut almost in two by the force of Gwydion's blow.
[Wed Oct 20 21:23:55 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Move back to the other side
[Wed Oct 20 21:24:04 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:24:25 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 21:24:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn summons a Dire Rat behind D
[Wed Oct 20 21:24:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Close the bloody door!"
[Wed Oct 20 21:24:51 2010] : (7) Keryn: , before closing the door
[Wed Oct 20 21:25:00 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 21:25:02 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(11) + 3 + 1 + 0] = 15; Damage: [1d4(2) + 2 + 0] = 4 HP and Diseased
[Wed Oct 20 21:25:05 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc btw, critical hit damage rolls should use the value of the non-crit damage rather than rolling all the dice again. This ensures the crit hit is always more than the normal roll.
[Wed Oct 20 21:25:31 2010] : (7) Keryn: Wolfie charges across the floor again towards D
[Wed Oct 20 21:25:43 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(14) + 10] = 24, Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 21:25:54 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc need to assign a variable to the initial damage, then re-use it?
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:00 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:03 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Yep
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:11 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:16 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc examples on the flexirpg site I think
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:24 2010] : (4) DM: Hit, but no trip.
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc That's where I got it from
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:45 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc can the door be locked/bolted?
[Wed Oct 20 21:26:54 2010] : (4) DM: ooc there's a lock, but no key.
[Wed Oct 20 21:27:07 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc which way does it open?
[Wed Oct 20 21:27:32 2010] : (4) DM: outwards
[Wed Oct 20 21:27:44 2010] : (4) DM: ooc sorry, into the room
[Wed Oct 20 21:27:55 2010] : (4) DM: ooc I should be consistent with what happened earlier!
[Wed Oct 20 21:28:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc So we can block it from the inside :)
[Wed Oct 20 21:28:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn leans against the door to keep anything out
[Wed Oct 20 21:28:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:29:18 2010] : (4) DM: OK
[Wed Oct 20 21:29:20 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 21:29:40 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd stabs at B.
[Wed Oct 20 21:29:43 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(1) + 14] = 15; Damage: [1d6(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 21:29:56 2010] : (4) DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 20 21:30:36 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd steps away from D and drinks a potion.
[Wed Oct 20 21:30:43 2010] : (5) Zedd: Potion of Cure Light Wounds: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 21:30:50 2010] : (5) Zedd: AoO from B
[Wed Oct 20 21:30:53 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:31:06 2010] : (4) DM: AoO: [1d20(10) + 4] = 14 [1d6(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 21:31:11 2010] : (4) DM: Miss. Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 21:31:14 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas assists Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 21:31:20 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9, Damage: [1d8(1) + 2] = 3 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:31:34 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc And misses, by a lot :(
[Wed Oct 20 21:31:38 2010] : (4) DM: Also a miss.
[Wed Oct 20 21:32:05 2010] : (4) DM: B drinks a potion; AoOs. [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 21:32:36 2010] : (4) DM: D takes a step to attack Zedd. [1d20(4) + 4] = 8 [1d6(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 21:32:44 2010] : (4) DM: miss.
[Wed Oct 20 21:32:52 2010] : (4) DM: Hissing from the pit: [1d20(17) + 2] = 19
[Wed Oct 20 21:33:08 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(2) + 14] = 16; Damage: [1d6(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 21:33:31 2010] : (4) DM: OK. AoO from Dorcas, then Gwydion.
[Wed Oct 20 21:33:58 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ...
[Wed Oct 20 21:34:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15, Damage: [1d8(2) + 2] = 4 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:34:31 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion charges into the fray
[Wed Oct 20 21:34:36 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Charge - Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(13) + 10] = 23 Damage: [1d8(4) + 7] = 11 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 21:34:51 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:04 2010] : (4) DM: The cultist drops. Keryn & pets?
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:11 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "2 down, 1 to go"
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:15 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(16) + 8] = 24, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:20 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(1) + 3 + 1 + 0] = 5; Damage: [1d4(3) + 2 + 0] = 5 HP and Diseased
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(8) + 6] = 14 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:53 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn keeps on keeping the door closed
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:55 2010] : (4) DM: Wolf bites, but no trip.
[Wed Oct 20 21:35:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:36:04 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 21:36:30 2010] : (5) Zedd: Step and attack
[Wed Oct 20 21:36:39 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(6) + 12] = 18; Damage: [1d6(5) + 6] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 21:36:40 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(17) + 12] = 29; Damage: [1d8(2) + 4] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 21:36:45 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:37:04 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas? The remaining cultist is now badly injured.
[Wed Oct 20 21:37:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas moves forward and attacks
[Wed Oct 20 21:37:25 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(4) + 7] = 11, Damage: [1d8(7) + 2] = 9 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:37:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:38:43 2010] : (4) DM: Miss. The cultist tries a desperate attack at Zedd.
[Wed Oct 20 21:39:01 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11 [1d6(3) + 3] = 6 [1d20(9) + 3] = 12 [1d4(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 21:39:20 2010] : (4) DM: Though he flails away, it's to no avail.
[Wed Oct 20 21:39:23 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd effortless parries.
[Wed Oct 20 21:39:33 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn hears nothing but an eerie silence from beyond the doors.
[Wed Oct 20 21:39:36 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 21:39:49 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Reflex: [1d20(16) + 2 + 4] = 22
[Wed Oct 20 21:40:02 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion steps around and attacks
[Wed Oct 20 21:40:07 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(9) + 8] = 17 Damage: [1d8(4) + 7] = 11 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 21:40:19 2010] : (4) DM: A miss. Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 21:41:03 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28, Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4; Critical threat: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20, Damage: [4 + 1d8(6) + 1] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 21:41:09 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(14) + 3 + 1 + 0] = 18; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Diseased
[Wed Oct 20 21:41:17 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(16) + 6] = 22 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 21:41:21 2010] : (4) DM: Wolfie grabs the cultist and shreds him.
[Wed Oct 20 21:42:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Well done, Wolfie"
[Wed Oct 20 21:42:39 2010] : (5) Zedd: "How secure is that door, Keryn?"
[Wed Oct 20 21:42:51 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Guys, let's help Keryn block the door"
[Wed Oct 20 21:42:54 2010] : (5) Zedd: "I don't think we want that snake thing coming through."
[Wed Oct 20 21:43:03 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Not very."
[Wed Oct 20 21:43:07 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas starts logging a corpse towards the door
[Wed Oct 20 21:43:11 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd looks around for a stone or something to wedge under the door.
[Wed Oct 20 21:43:30 2010] : (7) Keryn: "It seems to have gone quite though"
[Wed Oct 20 21:43:38 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc quiet
[Wed Oct 20 21:43:48 2010] : (7) Keryn: "I'm not sure if thats good or bad"
[Wed Oct 20 21:44:09 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Wedge swords under the door, and over a corpse"
[Wed Oct 20 21:44:18 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "I'm going with bad, unless I see proof to the contgrary"
[Wed Oct 20 21:44:22 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Good idea"
[Wed Oct 20 21:44:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "I like it"
[Wed Oct 20 21:45:18 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Good thinking Gwydion."
[Wed Oct 20 21:46:05 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas drops the corpse in the right position
[Wed Oct 20 21:46:13 2010] : (4) DM: It's the work of a few moments to barricade the door, but nothing seems to be trying to come through.
[Wed Oct 20 21:46:29 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Two doors. Which one?"
[Wed Oct 20 21:46:40 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc we're a gruesome lot
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:01 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc I prefer to call it practical :-P
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:21 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Is now a good time to rest?"
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas flips a coin: "Heads right, tails left"
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:36 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Can we secure the other doors?"
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:42 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd listens at both doors
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:46 2010] : (5) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17
[Wed Oct 20 21:47:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Still 2 corpses left"
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:07 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc which way do the other doors open?
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:07 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd hears, from behind both doors, someone pacing up and down.
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:17 2010] : (4) DM: There's only one set of footsteps.
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:21 2010] : (4) DM: They open out of this room.
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:43 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Sounds like only one person. Should we risk entering?"
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Awww, bad DM
[Wed Oct 20 21:48:52 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Probably not good to rest here then, though pacing without invesigation suggests an automaton"
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:12 2010] : (7) Keryn: "or someone very scared"
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:16 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Like a golem"
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:17 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Anybody needs curing?"
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:24 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd swigs a couple of potions.
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:29 2010] : (5) Zedd: Potion of Cure Light Wounds: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:31 2010] : (5) Zedd: Potion of Cure Light Wounds: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:46 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I have 3 potions left"
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn gives wolfie a couple of potions
[Wed Oct 20 21:49:59 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds potion: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 21:50:00 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds potion: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 21:50:02 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "If we're nto resting, lets go"
[Wed Oct 20 21:50:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Agreed"
[Wed Oct 20 21:50:49 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas draws her bow and moves towards the door
[Wed Oct 20 21:50:59 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Dorcas and Gwydion, you take the left. Keryn and me will take the right."
[Wed Oct 20 21:51:23 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(18) + 13] = 31
[Wed Oct 20 21:51:32 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc What do I hear?
[Wed Oct 20 21:51:43 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd kicks open the door and steps into the room.
[Wed Oct 20 21:51:47 2010] : (4) DM: Just footsteps, steadily pacing, then pausing, then pacing
[Wed Oct 20 21:52:15 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd opened the door when the pacing was nearest to him.
[Wed Oct 20 21:52:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas opens the door when she sees Zedd do it
[Wed Oct 20 21:52:54 2010] : (4) DM: ooc if you all check your inboxes, you'll see a picture of the woman who's doing the pacing. Initiative, please!
[Wed Oct 20 21:53:04 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 2 + 4] = 25
[Wed Oct 20 21:53:06 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23
[Wed Oct 20 21:53:06 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24
[Wed Oct 20 21:53:12 2010] : (5) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 4] = 19
[Wed Oct 20 21:53:37 2010] : (7) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 3] = 21
[Wed Oct 20 21:54:22 2010] : (4) DM: ooc it's not often that a 19 comes last! Gwydion to go.
[Wed Oct 20 21:54:31 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Oct 20 21:55:28 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Step into the room
[Wed Oct 20 21:55:29 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:55:42 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc Sorry, the dog was acting up
[Wed Oct 20 21:55:54 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc she's a wolf! :P
[Wed Oct 20 21:55:57 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc sounded like an asthma attack
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:12 2010] : (4) DM: OK. The woman glares at Zedd and casts a spell. A mass of sticky, spidery strands forms in the doorway where Zedd and Keryn are approaching. Reflex saves, please!
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:23 2010] : (7) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(4) + 3 + 2 + 1] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:44 2010] : (4) DM: (and Wolfie, please)
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(3) + 2 + 4] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:51 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:53 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc awesome
[Wed Oct 20 21:56:58 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 21:57:36 2010] : (4) DM: All three of you are stuck in the web. Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 21:57:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas moves to improve her line of sight and shoots
[Wed Oct 20 21:58:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(20) + 10] = 30, Damage: [1d8(8) + 2] = 10 HP ; Critical threat: [1d20(18) + 10] = 28, Damage: [10 + 2d8(6,7) + 2] = 25 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:58:24 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(19) + 10] = 29, Damage: [1d8(6) + 2] = 8 HP
[Wed Oct 20 21:58:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 21:58:58 2010] : (4) DM: Two arrows flash across the room, slamming into the woman and almost spinning her around. Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 21:59:01 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc 33 damage, not too shabby!
[Wed Oct 20 21:59:10 2010] : (4) DM: ooc makes up for the dragon :)
[Wed Oct 20 21:59:15 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Thank you, I'll be here all month
[Wed Oct 20 21:59:31 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn tries to step out of the web
[Wed Oct 20 21:59:58 2010] : (4) DM: You count as grappled, so I need a combat manoeuver or escape artist check to break the grapple, please.
[Wed Oct 20 21:59:58 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(14) + 3 + 0] = 17
[Wed Oct 20 22:00:14 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn gets free.
[Wed Oct 20 22:00:29 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn runs to the other doorway
[Wed Oct 20 22:00:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc x4?
[Wed Oct 20 22:01:00 2010] : (4) DM: ooc unless you're in medium/heavy armour, in which case it's x3
[Wed Oct 20 22:02:17 2010] : (7) Keryn: wolf also tries to break free
[Wed Oct 20 22:02:24 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25 vs CMD
[Wed Oct 20 22:02:33 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Nice
[Wed Oct 20 22:02:38 2010] : (4) DM: Success
[Wed Oct 20 22:02:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: and the runs through the other doorway
[Wed Oct 20 22:03:04 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:03:39 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:03 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd tries to break free and advance on the priestess.
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:05 2010] : (5) Zedd: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(10) + 8] = 18
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:17 2010] : (4) DM: It's difficult terrain, so you can't charge.
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:17 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc can I attack?
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:26 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:37 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(18) + 12] = 30; Damage: [1d6(4) + 6] = 10; Critical threat? [1d20(19) + 12] = 31; Damage: [10 + 1d6(2) + 6] = 18
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:43 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done.
[Wed Oct 20 22:04:58 2010] : (4) DM: She's now badly injured.
[Wed Oct 20 22:05:01 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Wow!
[Wed Oct 20 22:05:01 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 22:05:26 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Not your lucky day is it, lady."
[Wed Oct 20 22:06:03 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion charges the woman
[Wed Oct 20 22:06:07 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Charge - Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(17) + 10] = 27 Damage: [1d8(4) + 6] = 10 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 22:06:22 2010] : (4) DM: OK.
[Wed Oct 20 22:06:50 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:07:26 2010] : (4) DM: She's looking very hurt. She raises a jewel from its chain at her belt, calling out in a harsh, unfamiliar language - and her form disappears in a rush of flame.
[Wed Oct 20 22:07:58 2010] : (4) DM: She's transformed into a fire elemental!
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:25 2010] : (4) DM: She then attacks Zedd: [1d20(11) + 15] = 26 [2d6(5,3) + 4] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:25 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc AoO?
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:30 2010] : (4) DM: ooc no
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:43 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd takes 12 damage, and needs to make a reflex save.
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:46 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc is that a dais to her west?
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:49 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(15) + 8] = 23
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:50 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 22:08:58 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd avoids being set on fire.
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:01 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:05 2010] : (4) DM: ooc one moment
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:11 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc not obscring Dorcas's line of sight then?
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:12 2010] : (4) DM: ooc I should give you a description of the room!
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Yes, please
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:40 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc looks like a typical dais to me ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:09:53 2010] : (4) DM: This chamber has high, vaulted ceilings, a simple stone floor, and unadorned granite walls. A large, 15-foot-square raised dais occupies the center of the room. In the middle of the dais rests a gray stone block with a grasping hand carved from the same stone rising from the center of the block. The hand is currently empty. The room is almost unbearably hot and entering is much like walking into a furnace.
[Wed Oct 20 22:10:13 2010] : (8) Gwydion: LO
[Wed Oct 20 22:10:15 2010] : (8) Gwydion: LOL
[Wed Oct 20 22:10:16 2010] : (4) DM: ooc Dorcas has line-of-sight.
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:10 2010] : (4) DM: ooc OK Dorcas, go ahead
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:11 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas takes aim at the elemental and fires her arrows
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:24 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(4) + 11] = 15, Damage: [1d8(5) + 3] = 8 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:26 2010] : (4) DM: [3d6(2,3,5)] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:27 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(5) + 11] = 16, Damage: [1d8(8) + 3] = 11 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:32 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:41 2010] : (4) DM: Both arrows go wild. Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 22:12:55 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn moves to the door and begins casting...
[Wed Oct 20 22:13:14 2010] : (7) Keryn: Wolfie charges the flaming thing
[Wed Oct 20 22:13:31 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13, Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 22:13:34 2010] : (4) DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 20 22:13:46 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 22:13:57 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(1) + 10] = 11; Damage: [1d6(3) + 6] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 22:13:58 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(13) + 10] = 23; Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:02 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:11 2010] : (4) DM: ooc does that include flanking and bardsong?
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:22 2010] : (5) Zedd: Not flanking.
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:33 2010] : (4) DM: OK. The shield hits. Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:39 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(12) + 10] = 22 Damage: [1d8(7) + 6] = 13 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:48 2010] : (4) DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:56 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc eek
[Wed Oct 20 22:14:59 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:15:17 2010] : (4) DM: The elemental lashes out at Zedd: [1d20(17) + 15] = 32 [2d6+4
[Wed Oct 20 22:15:24 2010] : (4) DM: [2d6(1,5) + 4] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 22:15:31 2010] : (4) DM: 10 damage, and a reflex save.
[Wed Oct 20 22:15:36 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 22:15:43 2010] : (4) DM: ... and at Gwydion: [1d20(1) + 15] = 16 [2d6(6,1) + 4] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:04 2010] : (4) DM: Miss. Zedd's clothing catches fire, and he's taking 2d6 damage each round until it's put out.
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:06 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:12 2010] : (8) Gwydion: it swipes out an image
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:18 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas shoots
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:34 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(4) + 12] = 16, Damage: [1d8(8) + 2] = 10 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:53 2010] : (4) DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 20 22:16:55 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 22:17:07 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 20 22:17:30 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn completes his spell and calls down some lightning from the... roof
[Wed Oct 20 22:17:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: Call Lightning: Level 3 - [3d6(4,4,6)] = 14 Electrical Damage. DC [10 + 3 + 5] = 18 Reflex save for half damage.
[Wed Oct 20 22:17:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc why does this spell work indoors??
[Wed Oct 20 22:18:12 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(1) + 8] = 9, Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Oct 20 22:18:17 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc got any rain to go with that lightning?
[Wed Oct 20 22:18:25 2010] : (4) DM: Reflex: [1d20(1) + 14] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 22:18:28 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc unfortunately, no
[Wed Oct 20 22:18:56 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc forgot to step into the room
[Wed Oct 20 22:19:06 2010] : (7) Keryn: done
[Wed Oct 20 22:19:14 2010] : (4) DM: The lightning bolt crashes into the elemental, which goes out - leaving the crumpled form of an elven woman on the floor.
[Wed Oct 20 22:19:28 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd takes [2d6(4,2)] = 6 damage from the flames.
[Wed Oct 20 22:19:37 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zeddd hastily pats his flaming clothes out.
[Wed Oct 20 22:19:41 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc drop and roll!
[Wed Oct 20 22:19:45 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(16) + 8] = 24
[Wed Oct 20 22:20:03 2010] : (4) DM: The fire goes out.
[Wed Oct 20 22:20:26 2010] : (5) Zedd: "I guess we need to return whatever it was that this woman stole from that hand and get the hell out of here."
[Wed Oct 20 22:20:42 2010] : (4) DM: 3200XP for defeating Iramine and the last of her cultists.
[Wed Oct 20 22:20:57 2010] : (5) Zedd: "And get our village symbol/amulet/thingy back."
[Wed Oct 20 22:21:12 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc back
[Wed Oct 20 22:21:17 2010] : (7) Keryn: "We still need to get past that pit thing"
[Wed Oct 20 22:21:31 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc does that include the dragon
[Wed Oct 20 22:21:35 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc?
[Wed Oct 20 22:21:50 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc the dragon was 1600 XP
[Wed Oct 20 22:21:57 2010] : (4) DM: ooc the dragon was earlier and gave you a separate 1600.
[Wed Oct 20 22:22:06 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc We got that xp earlier, total now 22750
[Wed Oct 20 22:22:10 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I missed that!
[Wed Oct 20 22:22:15 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc when do we ding?
[Wed Oct 20 22:22:25 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Another 250
[Wed Oct 20 22:22:42 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc The snake should do it ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:22:44 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc lets get the pit thing. I can hold this spell for 5 mins
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:00 2010] : (4) DM: ooc are you doing anything more here first?
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:08 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Shall we rest up before leaving?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:22 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I have no spells and scant bardsong"
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:30 2010] : (7) Keryn: "That hand looks like it should hold something"
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "How much time do we have left?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:47 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd searches the corrpse carefully.
[Wed Oct 20 22:23:56 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Nearly two days I think"
[Wed Oct 20 22:24:27 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd finds various stuff (see wiki in 5 minutes)
[Wed Oct 20 22:24:30 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I'm also still feeling the effects of those earlier flames"
[Wed Oct 20 22:24:39 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Better be out of here in a day max, it will get hot before we get covered by the molten gold"
[Wed Oct 20 22:24:41 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc Zedd is on 7 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:24:57 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn hands Zedd a CMW potion
[Wed Oct 20 22:24:59 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Moderate Wounds potion: [2d8(1,5) + 3] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 22:25:04 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas hands Zedd a couple of potions
[Wed Oct 20 22:25:13 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc 2 of CLW
[Wed Oct 20 22:25:14 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Oct 20 22:26:37 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc where is the shimmery portal to take us from quest ending back to the village??
[Wed Oct 20 22:26:43 2010] : (4) DM: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 20 22:27:34 2010] : (5) Zedd: "I guess this jewel goes with the hand on the altar?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:27:46 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc or just the regular door that was locked on the way into the place, but that you've now ended up on the other side of (i.e. Dragon Age)
[Wed Oct 20 22:28:13 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc heh
[Wed Oct 20 22:28:16 2010] : (4) DM: The jewel of everlasting gold is a fist-sized ruby mounted in a bejeweled, rune-carved scepter and held in place with platinum stems.
[Wed Oct 20 22:28:30 2010] : (4) DM: Placing it back on the hand has no immediately apparent effect.
[Wed Oct 20 22:29:16 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc dibs on the shirt ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:29:17 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc he says "apparent"
[Wed Oct 20 22:29:39 2010] : (4) DM: ooc I say that a lot :)
[Wed Oct 20 22:29:48 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Leave that jewel where it is. It spoke to me and I have no wish to be a servant of Tar-Baphon."
[Wed Oct 20 22:29:56 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc how do we see page 30? ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:30:08 2010] : (4) DM: ooc you don't. Damn copy-pasting!
[Wed Oct 20 22:30:36 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "I'm happy with that assessment Zedd"
[Wed Oct 20 22:31:02 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Time to leave?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:31:10 2010] : (5) Zedd: "I'd suggest going to the other room and resting before leaving this place."
[Wed Oct 20 22:31:38 2010] : (4) DM: ooc "You may not rest here. Either find an inn or rest outside."
[Wed Oct 20 22:31:41 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Yes, we still have that spellcasting snake thing to kill"
[Wed Oct 20 22:31:57 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Sounds good"
[Wed Oct 20 22:32:05 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc incidentally knowledge roll for that?
[Wed Oct 20 22:32:30 2010] : (4) DM: ooc Arcana
[Wed Oct 20 22:32:51 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Lore Master - Take 20: Gwydion takes 20 on his next knowledge roll.
[Wed Oct 20 22:32:58 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(15) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 23
[Wed Oct 20 22:33:53 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion knows that the spellcasting serpent is a Dark Naga; they're intelligent, vicious creatures that love power and enjoy causing fear.
[Wed Oct 20 22:34:15 2010] : (4) DM: They are immune to poison, and to mind-reading magic.
[Wed Oct 20 22:34:23 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Maybe it's better to leave it here in case anyone comes back?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:34:33 2010] : (7) Keryn: "How do we get out then?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:34:40 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Quickly?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:34:43 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Same way we got in?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:34:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Safely?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:35:35 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Nah, let's kill it anyway"
[Wed Oct 20 22:35:41 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 20 22:35:41 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc could we leave by making a hole in the roof?
[Wed Oct 20 22:35:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Better have a watch while resting, we don't want that snake to sneak up on us"
[Wed Oct 20 22:35:55 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes, if you could get up to the hole.
[Wed Oct 20 22:36:12 2010] : (4) DM: OOC remember you barred the door.
[Wed Oct 20 22:36:20 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc No rabbit hole to get down in?
[Wed Oct 20 22:36:24 2010] : (4) DM: ooc nope
[Wed Oct 20 22:36:34 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Awww
[Wed Oct 20 22:36:51 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Other elves here?
[Wed Oct 20 22:36:59 2010] : (4) DM: ooc nope
[Wed Oct 20 22:37:04 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc so rest and recover spells then kill it and run?
[Wed Oct 20 22:37:08 2010] : (4) DM: Only the dead one :)
[Wed Oct 20 22:37:11 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Yep
[Wed Oct 20 22:38:20 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion sets up his bedroll, but takes first watch
[Wed Oct 20 22:38:35 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Oct 20 22:38:46 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas stays awake, she's still fit and doesn't need to refresh spells
[Wed Oct 20 22:38:52 2010] : (4) DM: Nothing happens overnight, or what passes for night in this underground place.
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:07 2010] : (4) DM: It's now time to move on...
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:18 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc can I get 16 HP of healing, please?
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:26 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Is anyone still injured?"
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:30 2010] : (4) DM: ooc I'm assuming you moved out into the antechamber, rather than staying in the really hot place to rest.
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:34 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(2) + 5] = 7 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:49 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Me and Wolfie are"
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc We did
[Wed Oct 20 22:39:58 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(4) + 5] = 9 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:11 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "There you go Zedd"
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:17 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn gives the wand a good shake
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:19 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:20 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:37 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I presume you all got 5 back for resting ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:43 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes indeed
[Wed Oct 20 22:40:56 2010] : (4) DM: Ready to fight, or are you making more preparations?
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:05 2010] : (7) Keryn: oco ready
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:15 2010] : (5) Zedd: "Ta. Now I'm ready to tackle that creature if it's still there."
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:28 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Hold on"
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:33 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Mirror Image: Level 2 - Produces 4 images that share my square (max 8). Near miss = 13
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:37 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:42 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Ready"
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:53 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Ready"
[Wed Oct 20 22:41:54 2010] : (4) DM: OK. Positions on the map, please!
[Wed Oct 20 22:42:08 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas has her bow loaded and ready
[Wed Oct 20 22:42:09 2010] : (4) DM: (I'll reinstate the monster when you know where she is)
[Wed Oct 20 22:42:25 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion draws his sword
[Wed Oct 20 22:42:33 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc how deep was the pit?
[Wed Oct 20 22:42:52 2010] : (4) DM: ooc it's about 30ft deep.
[Wed Oct 20 22:43:51 2010] : (4) DM: OK, Initiative time...
[Wed Oct 20 22:43:55 2010] : (5) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 22:43:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Oct 20 22:43:59 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25
[Wed Oct 20 22:44:11 2010] : (7) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 3] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 22:44:22 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(17) + 2 + 4] = 23
[Wed Oct 20 22:44:36 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd has his javelins close to hand.
[Wed Oct 20 22:44:37 2010] : (4) DM: As you open the door...
[Wed Oct 20 22:45:11 2010] : (4) DM: The serpent is waiting on the platform!
[Wed Oct 20 22:45:16 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc ohnoes!
[Wed Oct 20 22:45:29 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 22:45:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Where else would it be?
[Wed Oct 20 22:45:56 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(6) + 11] = 17
[Wed Oct 20 22:46:24 2010] : (4) DM: She starts by casting a lightning bolt, in a line through Zedd and Dorcas. Reflex saves, please, for half damage: [7d6(4,4,4,2,6,6,4)] = 30
[Wed Oct 20 22:46:36 2010] : (5) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14
[Wed Oct 20 22:46:42 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Reflex: [1d20(16) + 12] = 28
[Wed Oct 20 22:47:19 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd takes the full 30 damage; Dorcas only takes 15.
[Wed Oct 20 22:47:24 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 22:47:47 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion steps back
[Wed Oct 20 22:48:02 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc does it look like it has reach? Do I know already?
[Wed Oct 20 22:48:19 2010] : (4) DM: ooc you know that they can't lunge very far at all (no reach)
[Wed Oct 20 22:48:23 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc what size is the door?
[Wed Oct 20 22:48:42 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Sound Burst - Level 2 - Deals [1d8(8)] = 8 sonic damage in a 10 ft radius, 35 ft range. Subjects are stunned unless they pass a Fort save of DC 17; duration - 1 round.)
[Wed Oct 20 22:48:46 2010] : (4) DM: ooc door is 10' wide (double door); wide enough for the snake.
[Wed Oct 20 22:48:59 2010] : (4) DM: Fort: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 22:49:13 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc even at 5 st a large creature can use the squeeze action to get through
[Wed Oct 20 22:49:16 2010] : (4) DM: Stunned!
[Wed Oct 20 22:49:25 2010] : (4) DM: ooc it's a snake. It doesn't need a 10' wide door!
[Wed Oct 20 22:49:26 2010] : (8) Gwydion: oof ft not st ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:49:40 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 22:49:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas moves and shoots
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:14 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22, Damage: [1d8(1) + 3] = 4 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:17 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18, Damage: [1d8(2) + 3] = 5 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:23 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:37 2010] : (4) DM: One hit, one miss. Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:42 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc in real life a 5ft door is double size
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:54 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd stabs once and swigs from a potion.
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:55 2010] : (4) DM: ooc these are big ceremonial doors.
[Wed Oct 20 22:50:57 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:01 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(4) + 12] = 16; Damage: [1d6(5) + 6] = 11
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:05 2010] : (4) DM: Miss.
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:07 2010] : (5) Zedd: Potion of Cure Light Wounds: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:13 2010] : (4) DM: ooc also, I said so ;-)
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:14 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:16 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:20 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn steps up behind Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:21 2010] : (7) Keryn: Barkskin: Level 2 - +2 AC Natural armour bonus for [10 * 4] = 40 minutes
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:37 2010] : (7) Keryn: (on Zedd)
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:46 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:47 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc I would have preferred a healing spell. on 12 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:51:50 2010] : (4) DM: Wolfie?
[Wed Oct 20 22:52:05 2010] : (7) Keryn: oco you can have that instead then
[Wed Oct 20 22:52:16 2010] : (7) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(8) + 5] = 13 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:52:21 2010] : (5) Zedd: Ta
[Wed Oct 20 22:52:27 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Nice
[Wed Oct 20 22:52:54 2010] : (7) Keryn: Wolfie circles around a little
[Wed Oct 20 22:53:24 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20, Damage: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Oct 20 22:53:33 2010] : (4) DM: Hit!
[Wed Oct 20 22:53:36 2010] : (7) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(5) + 3 + 0] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 22:53:45 2010] : (7) Keryn: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:53:51 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc can you trip a snake?
[Wed Oct 20 22:53:54 2010] : (4) DM: No trip, because it's a snake. No tripping snakes.
[Wed Oct 20 22:54:09 2010] : (4) DM: The naga shudders as it recovers from Gwydion's spell.
[Wed Oct 20 22:54:10 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Oct 20 22:54:47 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc isn't it stunned until the end of my turn
[Wed Oct 20 22:55:17 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes, but I'm describing it as doing something. The only difference is when the un-stun takes effect :)
[Wed Oct 20 22:55:25 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 20 22:55:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 22:55:39 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Step in and stab while its helpless
[Wed Oct 20 22:55:45 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(13) + 8] = 21 Damage: [1d8(8) + 6] = 14 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Oct 20 22:55:50 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:56:06 2010] : (4) DM: A hit. Dorcas?
[Wed Oct 20 22:56:23 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas shoots again
[Wed Oct 20 22:56:30 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(3) + 11] = 14, Damage: [1d8(4) + 3] = 7 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:56:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31, Damage: [1d8(3) + 3] = 6 HP ; Critical threat: [1d20(20) + 11] = 31, Damage: [6 + 2d8(1,7) + 3] = 17 HP
[Wed Oct 20 22:56:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:56:58 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc nice
[Wed Oct 20 22:57:00 2010] : (4) DM: The first arrow misses, but the second strikes true (!)
[Wed Oct 20 22:57:03 2010] : (4) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Oct 20 22:57:19 2010] : (4) DM: She's now looking quite injured.
[Wed Oct 20 22:57:30 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd attacks.
[Wed Oct 20 22:57:54 2010] : (5) Zedd: oo can I step past to the side?
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:01 2010] : (4) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:09 2010] : (5) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(20) + 10] = 30; Damage: [1d6(5) + 6] = 11; Critical threat? [1d20(14) + 10] = 24; Damage: [11 + 1d6(4) + 6] = 21
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:10 2010] : (5) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(6) + 10] = 16; Damage: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:13 2010] : (5) Zedd: Done
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:27 2010] : (4) DM: A good hit, but the shield misses.
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:33 2010] : (4) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Oct 20 22:58:41 2010] : (7) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26, Damage: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7; Critical threat: [1d20(7) + 7] = 14, Damage: [7 + 1d8(7) + 1] = 15
[Wed Oct 20 22:59:05 2010] : (4) DM: Wolfie manages a good bite.
[Wed Oct 20 22:59:07 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Looking good!
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:01 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc how injured does it look?
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:08 2010] : (4) DM: ooc very injured!
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:13 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn steps up and swings his sword
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:15 2010] : (7) Keryn: MW Scimitar: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15, Damage: [1d8(8) + 0] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:25 2010] : (4) DM: A miss.
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:41 2010] : (4) DM: The naga hisses in anger and begins casting a spell.
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:45 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(11) + 7] = 18
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:52 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Spellcraft: [1d20(19) + 2 + 5 + 3] = 29
[Wed Oct 20 23:00:55 2010] : (4) DM: Cast defensively succeeds. She turns invisible!
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:07 2010] : (4) DM: There's a slithering sound.
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:10 2010] : (4) DM: [1d20(1) + 2] = 3
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:15 2010] : (4) DM: Then a crash.
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:18 2010] : (4) DM: [3d6(2,5,6)] = 13
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:20 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:24 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:25 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:33 2010] : (4) DM: ooc that's possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen!
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:35 2010] : (5) Zedd: ooc oops
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:37 2010] : (8) Gwydion: oooc can I locate the sound of the crashing?
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:42 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Or not seen
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Who
[Wed Oct 20 23:01:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Who
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:04 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(3) + 1 + 5 + 3] = 12
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:08 2010] : (4) DM: She was trying to get away, but failed the climb check: and killed herself with the falling damage.
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:10 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Who'se got the Glitterdust?
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:16 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Which way did it fall?"
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:22 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc me!
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:25 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Down?"
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:30 2010] : (4) DM: The body of the naga is lying at the foot of the platform, now visible - but slowly fading into nothingness.
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:34 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd peers over the edge and sees the dead snake creature.
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:44 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "No time for jokes"
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:51 2010] : (5) Zedd: (laughing) "It fell off and died"
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:51 2010] : (4) DM: 1200XP each.
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:52 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn chuckles
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:53 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Oh"
[Wed Oct 20 23:02:54 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "That wasn't as hard as I feared"
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:04 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc ROFL
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:19 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Lets get out of here"
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:23 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc That's hilarious
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "And fast"
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:34 2010] : (4) DM: ooc one of my favourite moments!
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:39 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Do you suppose those coins??"
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:47 2010] : (7) Keryn: ooc can't beleive you rolled a 1 on that
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas laughs as she moves out
[Wed Oct 20 23:03:57 2010] : (4) DM: ooc makes up for the dragon nearly killing you all
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:02 2010] : (7) Keryn: "Leave them. This entire place is tainted"
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:10 2010] : (5) Zedd: Zedd climbs over the rope to the other side.
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:13 2010] : (8) Gwydion: "Boo"
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:16 2010] : (5) Zedd: Climb: [1d20(17) + 11] = 28
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:24 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc And ker-ching
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:44 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas follows Zedd
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Climb: [1d20(7) + 2] = 9
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:51 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Gwydion uses the rope properly this time
[Wed Oct 20 23:04:54 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Climb: [1d20(7) + 2 - 1] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:00 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:03 2010] : (7) Keryn: Keryn lowers Wolfie down into the pit and then back up the other side
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:04 2010] : (8) Gwydion: Acrobatics: [1d20(17) + 2 + 5 + 3 - 1] = 26
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:26 2010] : (4) DM: Gwydion takes [2d6(3,5)] = 8 damage
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:51 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc I used acrobatics to reduce the fall
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:55 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc We should have taken 10
[Wed Oct 20 23:05:59 2010] : (4) DM: Dorcas can attempt an Acrobatics check to reduce the falling damage to [2d6(2,3)] = 5, otherwise she takes an additional [1d6(6)] = 6
[Wed Oct 20 23:06:10 2010] : (8) Gwydion: ooc ah
[Wed Oct 20 23:06:11 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Acrobatics: [1d20(8) + 0] = 8
[Wed Oct 20 23:06:16 2010] : (4) DM: 11 damage
[Wed Oct 20 23:06:45 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Ouch"
[Wed Oct 20 23:06:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: HP Status: 6 out of 33
[Wed Oct 20 23:06:54 2010] : (4) DM: You eventually make it out of the city, emerging into the unpleasant evening air on the Isle of Terror.
[Wed Oct 20 23:07:03 2010] : (7) Keryn: "This place is still trying to kill us!"
[Wed Oct 20 23:07:15 2010] : (5) Zedd: We carefully lock the door with the key from the priestess.
[Wed Oct 20 23:07:19 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Where's the boat?"
[Wed Oct 20 23:07:29 2010] : (4) DM: The island seems strangely subdued, as if it's been struck a blow and waits for the next one to fall.
[Wed Oct 20 23:08:42 2010] : (4) DM: A couple of days' walking, undisturbed, brings you back to the shore, and Captain Walren's barge is waiting just offshore. He is astounded to see you alive, but welcomes you on board and sets sail for Tamran immediately.
[Wed Oct 20 23:09:34 2010] : (4) DM: GAME END