Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Sep 1 19:57:45 2010] : (9) DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 1 19:57:54 2010] : (9) DM: Standing before the gates to the city’s Second Ring are two hulking skeletons in shining golden breastplates, their thick bones plated with gold. Their huge, gold-plated halberds are crossed in front of the gate, barring the way forward.
[Wed Sep 1 19:58:16 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (10) Zedd...
[Wed Sep 1 19:58:23 2010] : (9) DM: One of them speaks, a harsh croaking sound that none of you understand. It is apparent that they will not let you past.
[Wed Sep 1 19:58:26 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Hmm, more skeletons"
[Wed Sep 1 19:58:49 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc what kind of size?
[Wed Sep 1 19:58:55 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "I dislike undead"
[Wed Sep 1 19:58:57 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (10) Zedd...
[Wed Sep 1 19:59:02 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (10) Zedd...
[Wed Sep 1 19:59:50 2010] : (9) DM: They're about 9ft tall, or they would be if they didn't hunch over.
[Wed Sep 1 20:00:00 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(9) + 2 + 2 + 5 + 3] = 21
[Wed Sep 1 20:00:15 2010] : (9) DM: Knowledge: Nature to identify the creatures they came from
[Wed Sep 1 20:00:17 2010] : (11) Keryn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(13) + 11] = 24
[Wed Sep 1 20:00:19 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(4) + 13] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 20:00:46 2010] : (9) DM: Keryn's able to recognise that they were once ogres.
[Wed Sep 1 20:02:07 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(16) + 2 + 2 + 0] = 20
[Wed Sep 1 20:03:27 2010] : (9) DM: That's more-or-less the situation. The walls on either side of the gate run floor-to-ceiling.
[Wed Sep 1 20:04:24 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Any ideas?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:04:53 2010] : (10) Zedd: Do the walls look climable?
[Wed Sep 1 20:05:25 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Run very fast?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:06:02 2010] : (9) DM: You could probably climb the walls, but I'm not sure what good it would do you.
[Wed Sep 1 20:06:55 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd readies his club.
[Wed Sep 1 20:07:09 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas does likewise
[Wed Sep 1 20:07:20 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall"
[Wed Sep 1 20:08:37 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion also knows that they're vulnerable to electricity: the golden plating acts as a conductor.
[Wed Sep 1 20:09:43 2010] : (11) Keryn: "You know, if we rest up, I think I could hit them with a new spell"
[Wed Sep 1 20:09:47 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion explains their vulnerabilities
[Wed Sep 1 20:10:10 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Do we have time to rest up?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:10:22 2010] : (10) Zedd: "I think so."
[Wed Sep 1 20:10:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Especially if they are velnerable to Elecetricaity as Gwydion reckons"
[Wed Sep 1 20:10:41 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "I think so"
[Wed Sep 1 20:11:21 2010] : (9) DM: Are you going elsewhere to rest?
[Wed Sep 1 20:12:03 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Better get out of sight before resting, and take turns watching while the others sleep"
[Wed Sep 1 20:12:08 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn looks around for somewhere good to rest
[Wed Sep 1 20:12:25 2010] : (10) Zedd: "We should find somewhere more secure to rest. One of the ruined building with enough walls and a high place to keep a look out would be ideal."
[Wed Sep 1 20:12:25 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc any of the buildings open/openable?
[Wed Sep 1 20:13:01 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Does anyone need any healing?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:13:02 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas checks the surroundings
[Wed Sep 1 20:13:10 2010] : (9) DM: Most of the buildings are very open - not four walls standing - but a few minutes' searching finds you a place that was apparently of sturdier construction than the others.
[Wed Sep 1 20:13:10 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(11) + 15] = 26
[Wed Sep 1 20:13:24 2010] : (9) DM: The walls, and part of the first floor, are still standing.
[Wed Sep 1 20:14:36 2010] : (10) Zedd: "That building looks ideal. I'll keep watch as I need not refresh spells."
[Wed Sep 1 20:15:09 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "You still need rest"
[Wed Sep 1 20:15:22 2010] : (9) DM: Watch order?
[Wed Sep 1 20:15:36 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "I'll go first"
[Wed Sep 1 20:15:38 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Zedd and I can take turns"
[Wed Sep 1 20:16:15 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Yeah. Let's keep this break to a minimum."
[Wed Sep 1 20:16:20 2010] : (9) DM: [1d100(79)] = 79 [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Sep 1 20:16:42 2010] : (9) DM: Nothing happens. You awake refreshed and rested, and ready for battle.
[Wed Sep 1 20:17:15 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas feels refreshed after 4 hours of rest
[Wed Sep 1 20:17:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc I think I only need a 1 hour trance to regain spells
[Wed Sep 1 20:17:44 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc can't be right
[Wed Sep 1 20:18:04 2010] : (9) DM: ooc you've rested for 8, 'cos if we argue about it we'll all get bored :-)
[Wed Sep 1 20:18:25 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I still need 8
[Wed Sep 1 20:18:26 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 1 20:18:34 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 1 20:19:04 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Just talking about Dorcas, if she and Zedd took 4 hours shifts everybody else could sleep for 8 hours
[Wed Sep 1 20:19:16 2010] : (9) DM: ooc anyone doing stuff other than walking up and attacking?
[Wed Sep 1 20:19:28 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Not Dorcas
[Wed Sep 1 20:20:33 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I doubt that suggestion or anything works on a skeleton
[Wed Sep 1 20:20:35 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc no
[Wed Sep 1 20:21:10 2010] : (9) DM: OK, please take your places and roll initiative.
[Wed Sep 1 20:21:48 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Sep 1 20:21:48 2010] : (10) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 20:21:51 2010] : (11) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 3 + 0] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 20:22:21 2010] : (9) DM: Initiative: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Sep 1 20:22:26 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 2 + 4] = 15
[Wed Sep 1 20:22:40 2010] : (9) DM: OK, Dorcas first.
[Wed Sep 1 20:22:59 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I'd try fascinate if you think Gwydion would think it would work
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:02 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas briskly move forward and swings her club at the skeleton
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:21 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20, Damage: [1d6(1) + 2] = 3 HP damage
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:24 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion thinks it may have a chance, but he's not certain.
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:29 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:36 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:43 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc too late now
[Wed Sep 1 20:23:50 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Sep 1 20:24:03 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:24:19 2010] : (9) DM: OK. Zedd?
[Wed Sep 1 20:24:38 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd advances and attacks with his club.
[Wed Sep 1 20:24:49 2010] : (10) Zedd: Club: [1d20(17) + 10] = 27; Damage: [1d6(2) + 5] = 7
[Wed Sep 1 20:24:57 2010] : (9) DM: Another sound hit.
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:01 2010] : (9) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:05 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn sends Wolfie to attack B
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:14 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(5) + 6] = 11, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:20 2010] : (9) DM: Notahit.
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:23 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn starts casting
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:24 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Hmmm, bones for the doggie
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:24 2010] : (11) Keryn: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:35 2010] : (9) DM: OK. That's the surprise round. Dorcas?
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:50 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas hits at the skeleton again
[Wed Sep 1 20:25:56 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(12) + 12] = 24, Damage: [1d6(3) + 4] = 7 HP damage
[Wed Sep 1 20:26:01 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:26:37 2010] : (9) DM: Another hit. Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 20:26:58 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Grease (object): Level 1 - Covers an object within 35 feet with grease for 5 rounds. DC 16 reflex save for the holder of the object or someone trying to pick it up. Failure means that they drop it.
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:16 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion casts at the skeleton's weapon
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:28 2010] : (9) DM: Which skeleton?
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:32 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc B
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:38 2010] : (9) DM: Reflex save: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:46 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:47 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc rats
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:48 2010] : (9) DM: The skeleton holds onto its halberd for now
[Wed Sep 1 20:27:52 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Sep 1 20:28:30 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd circles round (AoO) and attacks from behind.
[Wed Sep 1 20:28:40 2010] : (10) Zedd: Club: [1d20(16) + 12] = 28; Damage: [1d6(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Sep 1 20:28:47 2010] : (10) Zedd: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:29:18 2010] : (9) DM: No AoO 'cos it's got a reach weapon.
[Wed Sep 1 20:29:25 2010] : (9) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 20:29:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(9) + 8] = 17, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Sep 1 20:30:03 2010] : (9) DM: Hit. CMB check?
[Wed Sep 1 20:30:06 2010] : (11) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(13) + 0 + 3 + 2 + 1] = 19 vs CMD
[Wed Sep 1 20:30:18 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn completes his spell
[Wed Sep 1 20:30:20 2010] : (11) Keryn: Call Lightning: Level 3 - [3d6(1,3,4)] = 8 Electrical Damage. DC [10 + 3 + 5] = 18 Reflex save for half damage.
[Wed Sep 1 20:30:41 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc 8? gah!
[Wed Sep 1 20:30:57 2010] : (9) DM: Reflex: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Sep 1 20:31:09 2010] : (9) DM: Also, which target?
[Wed Sep 1 20:31:11 2010] : (11) Keryn: B
[Wed Sep 1 20:31:31 2010] : (11) Keryn: done
[Wed Sep 1 20:32:26 2010] : (9) DM: The lightning crackles over the skeleton's body, and it crumbles into dust. The ancient bones have finally given up.
[Wed Sep 1 20:32:43 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc oh
[Wed Sep 1 20:32:53 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Nice!
[Wed Sep 1 20:32:56 2010] : (9) DM: The surviving skeleton moves with disturbing speed, rushing over to Zedd and taking a mighty swing.
[Wed Sep 1 20:33:21 2010] : (9) DM: Attack: [1d20(12) + 11] = 23 Damage: [2d8(6,4) + 9] = 19
[Wed Sep 1 20:33:34 2010] : (9) DM: That's a hit, for 19 damage. Dorcas?
[Wed Sep 1 20:33:37 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc That must smart
[Wed Sep 1 20:33:38 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Argh!"
[Wed Sep 1 20:33:54 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas moves behind the skeleton and attacks
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:01 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc brb mislaid my pencil
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:12 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(7) + 13] = 20, Damage: [1d6(5) + 4] = 9 HP damage
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:17 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:29 2010] : (9) DM: It gets an AoO: [1d20(2) + 9] = 11 [2d8(2,1) + 9] = 12
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc surely thats mis'lead' your pencil. Sorry.
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:39 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 1 20:34:45 2010] : (9) DM: ooc Keryn takes 1 damage for the bad pun :-)
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:01 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas dodges the skeleton's swing, and strikes back at it. Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:21 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc DM should start applying bonus modifiers to all monsters attacking people who make bad puns.
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:39 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion casts at the skeleton itself
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:41 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Grease: Level 1 - Covers a 10 foot square within 35 feet with grease for 5 rounds. DC 16 reflex save for all within the area, or fall prone.
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:49 2010] : (9) DM: ooc I like bad puns
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:49 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Please don't, I enjoy bad puns (most of the time)
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:51 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc Monkey Island dnd
[Wed Sep 1 20:35:57 2010] : (9) DM: Reflex save: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15
[Wed Sep 1 20:36:12 2010] : (9) DM: The skeleton falls over. Zedd's turn.
[Wed Sep 1 20:36:14 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:37:46 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd ducks under the halberd and bashes with club and shield.
[Wed Sep 1 20:37:56 2010] : (9) DM: ooc assuming that's a 5-ft step
[Wed Sep 1 20:38:02 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 1 20:38:31 2010] : (10) Zedd: Club (main hand): [1d20(12) + 8] = 20; Damage: [1d6(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Sep 1 20:38:32 2010] : (10) Zedd: Club (off hand): [1d20(15) + 8] = 23; Damage: [1d6(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 20:38:36 2010] : (10) Zedd: Done
[Wed Sep 1 20:38:45 2010] : (10) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(15) + 10] = 25; Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Sep 1 20:38:48 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc sorry
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:09 2010] : (9) DM: Two hits, and it looks badly damaged. Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:17 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn calls down another bolt
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:19 2010] : (11) Keryn: Call Lightning: Level 3 - [3d6(1,2,5)] = 8 Electrical Damage. DC [10 + 3 + 5] = 18 Reflex save for half damage.
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:28 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc is the bardsong +2 to attack and damage being taken into account?
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:35 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:42 2010] : (9) DM: Reflex: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18
[Wed Sep 1 20:39:44 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc 'k
[Wed Sep 1 20:40:27 2010] : (9) DM: Though the skeleton avoids the worst of the blast, its unusual vulnerability works against it: this one, too, crumbles into dust, leaving only a smell of burnt grease in the air.
[Wed Sep 1 20:40:48 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "A very useful spell, that"
[Wed Sep 1 20:40:50 2010] : (9) DM: 750xp each, and the second ring is now open to you.
[Wed Sep 1 20:40:53 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Indeed"
[Wed Sep 1 20:41:11 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Sep 1 20:41:15 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Not bad at all. Odd how it still works down here"
[Wed Sep 1 20:41:25 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn waves the wand over Zedd
[Wed Sep 1 20:41:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 20:41:31 2010] : (11) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Sep 1 20:41:33 2010] : (11) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Sep 1 20:42:00 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Thanks Keryn, that halberd strike was pretty nasty."
[Wed Sep 1 20:42:07 2010] : (9) DM: ooc There's enough residual magic in the air that the spell works. Yeah, that's it. Honest!
[Wed Sep 1 20:42:12 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas puts away her club and grabs her bow before she starts walking
[Wed Sep 1 20:42:15 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 1 20:42:17 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Thankfully they didn't have time to hit more often"
[Wed Sep 1 20:43:01 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc I want to try that in the rain - its 3d 10 instead
[Wed Sep 1 20:43:17 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 1 20:44:06 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc how long does this con damage last for DM? Until someone can cast restoration?
[Wed Sep 1 20:44:09 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd searches the piles of dust for anything valuble.
[Wed Sep 1 20:44:20 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc or lesser restoration
[Wed Sep 1 20:45:13 2010] : (9) DM: ooc it heals at 1/day
[Wed Sep 1 20:45:30 2010] : (9) DM: You've healed 3 each by now, unless I'm confused
[Wed Sep 1 20:46:18 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc we had temporary damage and something else IIRC
[Wed Sep 1 20:46:24 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd finds two large, heavy halberds - too big to be practically useful to him - and some half-melted breastplates, also too large even if they were damaged.
[Wed Sep 1 20:46:34 2010] : (9) DM: ooc yes, 1 drain - which needs a spell to lift it.
[Wed Sep 1 20:46:41 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Just junk, oh well."
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:01 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc back
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:07 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd steps through the gateway and continues deeper into the city following any tracks,
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:12 2010] : (10) Zedd: Survival: [1d20(16) + 7] = 23
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:13 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Less to lug along with us"
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:19 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn does likewise
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:22 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc boo! needs a level 7 cleric!
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:25 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas accompanies Zedd
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:35 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(16) + 13] = 29
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:37 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion follows
[Wed Sep 1 20:47:37 2010] : (11) Keryn: Survival: [1d20(8) + 13] = 21
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:26 2010] : (9) DM: The tracks are faint, but visible. You follow them around the perimeter of the second ring, until they come to an intersection: in the centre of the junction is a huge pile of partially-melted treasure.
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:40 2010] : (9) DM: Gold coins, weapons, armor, and glittering gems cover the entire intersection in a mountain of wealth that reaches ten feet high.
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:47 2010] : (9) DM: Perception checks, please!
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:51 2010] : (11) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:53 2010] : (10) Zedd: "That says trap to me. We'd best go around it."
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:54 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(12) + 1 + 5 + 3] = 21
[Wed Sep 1 20:48:56 2010] : (10) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 20:49:03 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(14) + 15] = 29
[Wed Sep 1 20:49:21 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas tries to see if there really is a trap
[Wed Sep 1 20:49:23 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Maybe we're just very lucky people"
[Wed Sep 1 20:49:30 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion grins
[Wed Sep 1 20:49:34 2010] : (9) DM: You spot a skeleton, covered in gold and wearing a gold-plated mask of Razmir.
[Wed Sep 1 20:49:39 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd laughs.
[Wed Sep 1 20:50:01 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "And another one"
[Wed Sep 1 20:50:13 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Is that one of the priests died and returned as a skeleton?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:50:15 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Detect Snares and Pits: Level 1 DC 12 - Detect simple pits, deadfalls, and snares as well as mechanical traps constructed of natural materials
[Wed Sep 1 20:50:24 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc where is the skeleton?
[Wed Sep 1 20:50:56 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Maybe"
[Wed Sep 1 20:51:11 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "If it's a trap, maybe it makes you a skeleton"
[Wed Sep 1 20:51:15 2010] : (9) DM: ooc square is the heap, blob is the skeleton.
[Wed Sep 1 20:51:30 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas: was that you casting a spell?
[Wed Sep 1 20:51:43 2010] : (9) DM: The spell doesn't pick anything up
[Wed Sep 1 20:51:57 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc is the skeleon dead then?
[Wed Sep 1 20:52:20 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas shrugs
[Wed Sep 1 20:52:21 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc only in D&D would that be a sensible question.
[Wed Sep 1 20:52:29 2010] : (9) DM: ooc the skeleton is definitely not alive: it might be undead, and it's not part of a trap
[Wed Sep 1 20:52:35 2010] : (9) DM: It's not moving or anything
[Wed Sep 1 20:52:36 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "I don't see any snares or pits here, at least"
[Wed Sep 1 20:52:40 2010] : (9) DM: (it's also prone)
[Wed Sep 1 20:53:14 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd circles the pile of loot and approaches the skeleton.
[Wed Sep 1 20:53:40 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion stays close to Zedd, but away from the loot
[Wed Sep 1 20:53:48 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn gets ready to help
[Wed Sep 1 20:54:20 2010] : (9) DM: The skeleton doesn't react. It seems this one is not undead.
[Wed Sep 1 20:54:57 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd strips the skeleton ofthe mask and anythin else valuble.
[Wed Sep 1 20:55:31 2010] : (9) DM: The bones are also covered in gold. None of its other possessions have survived whatever killed it.
[Wed Sep 1 20:55:50 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Could it have been burned alive by molten gold?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:56:09 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Why didn't the mask melt then?"
[Wed Sep 1 20:56:13 2010] : (11) Keryn: "With luck we'll never know"
[Wed Sep 1 20:56:41 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd throws a bone into the pile of gold and gems.
[Wed Sep 1 20:56:42 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc "It's made of impure gold with a higher melting point"
[Wed Sep 1 20:56:44 2010] : (9) DM: ooc the masks are made of iron, which won't be melted by molten gold
[Wed Sep 1 20:56:55 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I was about to say that as Gwydion
[Wed Sep 1 20:57:07 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Careful!"
[Wed Sep 1 20:57:07 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd: a reflex save, please
[Wed Sep 1 20:57:17 2010] : (10) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(6) + 8] = 14
[Wed Sep 1 20:58:08 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd dances back a couple of steps as a flood of molten gold roars out of somewhere in the middle of the heap. The pile sags and shifts a little, and the heat is intense, but you avoid the actual liquid.
[Wed Sep 1 20:58:15 2010] : (9) DM: [1d6(5)] = 5 non-lethal damage.
[Wed Sep 1 20:58:31 2010] : (11) Keryn: "What the??"
[Wed Sep 1 20:58:37 2010] : (10) Zedd: "I shouldn't have done that."
[Wed Sep 1 20:58:59 2010] : (11) Keryn: "I think his greed may have killed him"
[Wed Sep 1 20:59:01 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "No, you should not"
[Wed Sep 1 20:59:17 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Lets get out of here"
[Wed Sep 1 20:59:18 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Let's get away from this place"
[Wed Sep 1 20:59:38 2010] : (9) DM: 500xp each for surviving the trap rather than blundering into it!
[Wed Sep 1 21:00:28 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd continues.
[Wed Sep 1 21:00:33 2010] : (9) DM: Following the tracks, you come to a road between two great ruined fortresses.
[Wed Sep 1 21:01:27 2010] : (9) DM: Hundreds of skeletons are nailed to the walls, high up on the ancient battlements, and the remains of graceful towers can be seen where their stumps stand open-topped.
[Wed Sep 1 21:02:11 2010] : (9) DM: The avenue towards the Third Ring is lined with columns on either side, some more damaged than others, but all are covered in gold to a height of fifteen feet.
[Wed Sep 1 21:02:42 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc so whereabouts on the map do we think we are?
[Wed Sep 1 21:02:58 2010] : (9) DM: ooc you're coming up the northwards bit, towards the Third Ring
[Wed Sep 1 21:03:36 2010] : (9) DM: ooc near the canal, approaching the bridge
[Wed Sep 1 21:04:41 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc heading N or S?
[Wed Sep 1 21:04:49 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc or circling?
[Wed Sep 1 21:04:58 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I'm lost!
[Wed Sep 1 21:05:44 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc os that roughly the path we're taking?
[Wed Sep 1 21:05:47 2010] : (9) DM: ooc you've come down from the north and around the east side, over the outer of the two bridges, and now you've headed in to the inner of the two circular rouads
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:03 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Nearing the grey ring?
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:05 2010] : (9) DM: You're approaching the bridge over the south-most of the three radial canals
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:11 2010] : (9) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:15 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc so we're very near the gap in the last thick ring?
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:22 2010] : (9) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:26 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc are we only just into the second circle, headed towards the 3rd path 'ring'
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:46 2010] : (9) DM: ooc you've traversed most of the second ring
[Wed Sep 1 21:06:50 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc at about 7 oclock?
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:02 2010] : (9) DM: ooc more like 5 o'clock
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:16 2010] : (9) DM: ooc this would be so much easier if I could just say "here".
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:27 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (10) Zedd...
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:29 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc near the 'L +' symbol in red?
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:33 2010] : (9) DM: ooc the sketch is about right
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:39 2010] : (9) DM: ooc That's correct
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:41 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc I'm going to make Flexirpg crash again...
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:43 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc there's a ring on the very outside of the city... are you talking about the 3rd ring??
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:55 2010] : (9) DM: ooc we are talking about the third.
[Wed Sep 1 21:07:57 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc because that would explain a lot to me
[Wed Sep 1 21:08:27 2010] : (9) DM: ooc I've put Gwydion where you are.
[Wed Sep 1 21:08:33 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc great
[Wed Sep 1 21:08:35 2010] : (9) DM: ooc didn't crash this time!
[Wed Sep 1 21:08:47 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc sorry, I moved me :D
[Wed Sep 1 21:08:49 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Now take it away again (just in case)
[Wed Sep 1 21:09:04 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I make that the 4th path ring
[Wed Sep 1 21:09:05 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc it crashes occasionally if an image can't be loaded.
[Wed Sep 1 21:09:24 2010] : (9) DM: ooc second path ring in the Second Ring :-)
[Wed Sep 1 21:09:38 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc picture/thousand words
[Wed Sep 1 21:09:41 2010] : (10) Zedd: "So over the bridge and make a right and through that big wall isn't it?"
[Wed Sep 1 21:09:53 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Sounds about right"
[Wed Sep 1 21:10:04 2010] : (9) DM: As you walk between the columns, a woman's voice calls out:
[Wed Sep 1 21:10:07 2010] : (9) DM: “Lay down your arms, heretics and traitors, and we shall spare you! You are surrounded! Hundreds of Razmir’s faithful beg me to kill you — but I will spare your lives if you surrender to the Living God. Make your decision!”
[Wed Sep 1 21:10:28 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Ummm. No?"
[Wed Sep 1 21:10:28 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Hundreds?"
[Wed Sep 1 21:10:54 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "What a liar"
[Wed Sep 1 21:10:59 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas nocks an arrow and waits
[Wed Sep 1 21:11:26 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Never"
[Wed Sep 1 21:11:30 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion whispers "I assume we're fighting"
[Wed Sep 1 21:11:30 2010] : (9) DM: As Dorcas nocks the arrow, the woman screams "Surrender, or we shall kill you! My acolytes! Attack!"
[Wed Sep 1 21:11:48 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Softly: "I guess so"
[Wed Sep 1 21:12:16 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Acolytes, schmacolytes"
[Wed Sep 1 21:13:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc it can't be more than 20-odd or we'll run out of letters for the markers
[Wed Sep 1 21:13:50 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas listens to find out where the attack will be coming from
[Wed Sep 1 21:13:55 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(13) + 15] = 28
[Wed Sep 1 21:14:14 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Mirror Image: Level 2 - Produces 3 images that share my square (max 8). Near miss = 13
[Wed Sep 1 21:15:30 2010] : (9) DM: OK, you're all down the eastern end of the colonnade. Initiative and positions, please
[Wed Sep 1 21:15:36 2010] : (11) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 3] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 21:15:42 2010] : (10) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 21:15:59 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(5) + 2 + 4] = 11
[Wed Sep 1 21:16:21 2010] : (9) DM: [1d20(8) + 3] = 11 [1d20(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:02 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:12 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:17 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Let them come to us first, since we don't know where they are"
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:20 2010] : (9) DM: Actually, could each of you roll perception please?
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:26 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(17) + 1 + 5 + 3] = 26
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:29 2010] : (11) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(3) + 12] = 15
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:29 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(20) + 13] = 33
[Wed Sep 1 21:17:33 2010] : (10) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20
[Wed Sep 1 21:18:07 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd's turn first; I'll place the enemies you've spotted before you act.
[Wed Sep 1 21:18:51 2010] : (10) Zedd: I can see A, B C and D?
[Wed Sep 1 21:18:59 2010] : (9) DM: Oh, and an explanation of the map: the squares are column bases; those on the north are still standing (and one of the cultists is on top of a column). The others are behind columns.
[Wed Sep 1 21:19:06 2010] : (9) DM: Yes, those are the visible ones.
[Wed Sep 1 21:19:17 2010] : (10) Zedd: How are they armed?
[Wed Sep 1 21:19:43 2010] : (9) DM: The one on the column has a crossbow; it's dark enough that you can't tell for the others.
[Wed Sep 1 21:19:54 2010] : (10) Zedd: How tall is the column?
[Wed Sep 1 21:20:05 2010] : (10) Zedd: How climbable?
[Wed Sep 1 21:20:41 2010] : (9) DM: The bit that remains is about 15ft tall. It's not going to be trivial: there's no clear handholds.
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:01 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc is it flat on top, or uneven?
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:28 2010] : (9) DM: ooc flat enough for the woman to stand up; it's not clear if it's even or just mostly even.
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:37 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd, you can act when you like now :)
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:48 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd runs for the column and attemts and climb it quicky.
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:51 2010] : (10) Zedd: Climb: [1d20(2) + 3 + 3 - 0] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:56 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Open/Close: Level 0 -
[Wed Sep 1 21:21:58 2010] : (10) Zedd: Or not.
[Wed Sep 1 21:22:00 2010] : (10) Zedd: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:22:01 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 1 21:22:29 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd stumbles and fails to get a good grip on the column. Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 21:22:46 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn send his wofl to attack B
[Wed Sep 1 21:22:51 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc +5 to that roll. I'd not added my ranks.
[Wed Sep 1 21:22:58 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(4) + 5] = 9, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Sep 1 21:23:13 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn starts casting
[Wed Sep 1 21:23:15 2010] : (11) Keryn: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:23:29 2010] : (9) DM: Wolfie misses.
[Wed Sep 1 21:23:40 2010] : (9) DM: The woman on the column fires at Keryn.
[Wed Sep 1 21:23:58 2010] : (9) DM: Attack: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12 Damage: [1d8(8)] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:07 2010] : (9) DM: It's a miss.
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:28 2010] : (9) DM: She tosses the crossbow aside and disappears off the back of the column.
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn effortlessly dodges the bolt
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:31 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:42 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc Dorcas first
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:50 2010] : (9) DM: ooc oh yes, sorry
[Wed Sep 1 21:24:52 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas
[Wed Sep 1 21:25:16 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas, no longer seeing A, aims her arrow at C
[Wed Sep 1 21:25:22 2010] : (13) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3 HP
[Wed Sep 1 21:25:27 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:26:34 2010] : (9) DM: It's long-range, but Dorcas' elven eyes are up to the task and the arrow hits. There's a yelp of pain.
[Wed Sep 1 21:26:48 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 21:26:50 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc are you allowing my Mirror Image from just as the fight was starting?
[Wed Sep 1 21:26:55 2010] : (9) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 1 21:27:02 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Celestial Dire Rat: Gwydion completes his Summon Monster I spell - Celestial Dire Rat (AC 14, Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5) lasts for 5 rounds
[Wed Sep 1 21:27:06 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc oops
[Wed Sep 1 21:27:08 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Summon Monster I: Level 1 - Gwydion begins a Summon spell
[Wed Sep 1 21:27:12 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:27:15 2010] : (9) DM: OK.
[Wed Sep 1 21:27:33 2010] : (9) DM: The acolytes start rushing towards you.
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:03 2010] : (9) DM: ooc can I have one more, please?
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:07 2010] : (13) Dorcas: [1d6(3)] = 3
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:14 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Oops
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:29 2010] : (9) DM: Attack on wolfie: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20 [1d6(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:31 2010] : (9) DM: Attack on wolfie: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11 [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:46 2010] : (11) Keryn: one hit
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:48 2010] : (9) DM: Wolfie takes 4 damage; Zedd to go.
[Wed Sep 1 21:28:49 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Yelp"
[Wed Sep 1 21:29:54 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd retreats and readies and attack with his rapier.
[Wed Sep 1 21:30:01 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc is everyone we can see an acolyte?
[Wed Sep 1 21:30:14 2010] : (10) Zedd: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:30:49 2010] : (9) DM: ooc the woman from the column was wearing darker robes, so presumably was NOT an acolyte. The others are all in the white you know and love.
[Wed Sep 1 21:30:57 2010] : (9) DM: ooc white? grey?
[Wed Sep 1 21:31:02 2010] : (9) DM: Keryn
[Wed Sep 1 21:31:28 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn completes his spell and summons a Giant Spider
[Wed Sep 1 21:31:55 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc is A where the marker is?
[Wed Sep 1 21:32:16 2010] : (9) DM: ooc that's your best guess; she's close enough that the spider will be able to attack her.
[Wed Sep 1 21:32:32 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: Summoned Spider: [1d20(14) + 6] = 20; Damage: [1d6(6) + 4] = 10 HP and poison (DC 14 Fort)
[Wed Sep 1 21:33:04 2010] : (9) DM: Fort: [1d20(12) + 5] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 21:33:18 2010] : (9) DM: There's a brief scream from behind the column.
[Wed Sep 1 21:33:25 2010] : (11) Keryn: Wolfie attacks B
[Wed Sep 1 21:33:36 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc That spider has quite some bite
[Wed Sep 1 21:33:38 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(13) + 5] = 18, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Sep 1 21:34:21 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc hit?
[Wed Sep 1 21:34:22 2010] : (9) DM: Another hit
[Wed Sep 1 21:34:27 2010] : (11) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(14) + 0 + 3 + 0 + 0] = 17 vs CMD
[Wed Sep 1 21:35:11 2010] : (9) DM: The acolyte screams as the wolf drags him down.
[Wed Sep 1 21:35:27 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn summons a Flaming Sphere in front of E
[Wed Sep 1 21:35:48 2010] : (11) Keryn: Flaming Sphere: Level 2 - Flaming sphere appears for 5 rounds
[Wed Sep 1 21:36:11 2010] : (9) DM: OK.
[Wed Sep 1 21:36:15 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc thought I had an atack for that
[Wed Sep 1 21:36:20 2010] : (9) DM: Yep
[Wed Sep 1 21:36:48 2010] : (11) Keryn: [3d6(6,2,5)] = 13 DC 17 reflex?
[Wed Sep 1 21:37:13 2010] : (9) DM: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7
[Wed Sep 1 21:37:28 2010] : (9) DM: The acolyte screams in agony, and lies twitching on the floor.
[Wed Sep 1 21:37:48 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas next
[Wed Sep 1 21:38:41 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas runs around the columns to get a shot at A
[Wed Sep 1 21:38:55 2010] : (13) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(14) + 11] = 25, Damage: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8 HP
[Wed Sep 1 21:39:00 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:39:09 2010] : (9) DM: It's a hit.
[Wed Sep 1 21:39:14 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 21:39:41 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Celestial Dire Rat: Gwydion completes his Summon Monster I spell - Celestial Dire Rat (AC 14, Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5) lasts for 5 rounds
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:08 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(3) + 3 + 2 + 0] = 8; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Diseased
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:17 2010] : (9) DM: It's a miss
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:19 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc on G, natch
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:27 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:32 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc B is on his ass btw
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:46 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc he is?
[Wed Sep 1 21:40:55 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc oh well
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:01 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:03 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc wolf tripped him
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:10 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc it would be a miss anyway
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:16 2010] : (9) DM: OK
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:47 2010] : (9) DM: Attacking the spider: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21 [1d6(3) + 2] = 5 [1d20(3) + 7] = 10 [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:52 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc draw my sword BTW
[Wed Sep 1 21:41:54 2010] : (9) DM: More spider
[Wed Sep 1 21:42:48 2010] : (9) DM: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27 [1d6(3) + 3 + 2d6(6,4)] = 16 [1d20(11) + 7] = 18 [1d4(2) + 1 + 2d6(3,2)] = 8
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:02 2010] : (11) Keryn: AC 14
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:11 2010] : (9) DM: Crit? [1d20(9) + 9] = 18 [1d6(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:23 2010] : (9) DM: 33 damage to the spider
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:31 2010] : (9) DM: B stabs at the wolf
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:34 2010] : (11) Keryn: The spider vanishes
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:37 2010] : (9) DM: [1d20(17) + 1] = 18 [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Sep 1 21:43:54 2010] : (9) DM: G does likewise
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:02 2010] : (9) DM: [1d20(18) + 5] = 23 [1d6(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:06 2010] : (9) DM: 4 damage
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:16 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Poor Wolfie
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:27 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd next
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:28 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc the wolf is fine
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:49 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd moves to attack C.
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:53 2010] : (10) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(9) + 12] = 21; Damage: [1d6(6) + 6] = 12
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:54 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc The wee beastie is hurt!
[Wed Sep 1 21:44:56 2010] : (10) Zedd: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:45:33 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd's victim collapses, bleeding.
[Wed Sep 1 21:45:35 2010] : (9) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 21:45:58 2010] : (11) Keryn: Wolf attacks B again
[Wed Sep 1 21:46:05 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Sep 1 21:46:22 2010] : (9) DM: Hit.
[Wed Sep 1 21:46:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20 vs CMD
[Wed Sep 1 21:46:36 2010] : (9) DM: ooc he's already down
[Wed Sep 1 21:47:51 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn moves the sphere and begins casting again
[Wed Sep 1 21:47:54 2010] : (11) Keryn: done
[Wed Sep 1 21:47:59 2010] : (9) DM: OK. Dorcas?
[Wed Sep 1 21:48:05 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas shoots her arrows in quick succession at A
[Wed Sep 1 21:48:09 2010] : (13) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(14) + 11] = 25, Damage: [1d8(5) + 3] = 8 HP
[Wed Sep 1 21:48:11 2010] : (13) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(16) + 11] = 27, Damage: [1d8(7) + 3] = 10 HP
[Wed Sep 1 21:48:17 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:48:36 2010] : (9) DM: OK. Both arrows hits, and the woman grunts in pain.
[Wed Sep 1 21:48:40 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 21:49:07 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Rat steps sideways
[Wed Sep 1 21:49:17 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Attacking B
[Wed Sep 1 21:49:24 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(11) + 3 + 2 + 2] = 18; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2 + 2] = 5 HP and Diseased
[Wed Sep 1 21:50:32 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion moves and concentrates his spellpower in a way he's never done before
[Wed Sep 1 21:50:38 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Shazam!"
[Wed Sep 1 21:50:40 2010] : (9) DM: Another hit
[Wed Sep 1 21:50:42 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(1) + 10] = 11 Damage: [1d8(2) + 7] = 9 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:05 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc hopefully he'll never do it that way again :)
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:13 2010] : (9) DM: Gwydion's focus on his effort is such that he stumbles, and only just avoids cutting a limb off the wolf.
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:13 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:16 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc boo! rolling a 1 of all things the first time I use my new feat!
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:17 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc heh
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:24 2010] : (9) DM: The animal spares him a growl.
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:26 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:51:55 2010] : (9) DM: The leader drinks a potion and vanishes.
[Wed Sep 1 21:52:30 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Booh! Coward! Come back and fight like a girl!
[Wed Sep 1 21:52:50 2010] : (9) DM: The other cultists rapidly begin to flee, and wolfie/rat/Gwydion get AoOs on B or G as they choose.
[Wed Sep 1 21:53:03 2010] : (11) Keryn: wofl on B
[Wed Sep 1 21:53:07 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(13) + 6] = 19, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Sep 1 21:53:09 2010] : (11) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(8) + 4] = 12 vs CMD
[Wed Sep 1 21:53:27 2010] : (9) DM: B dies
[Wed Sep 1 21:53:54 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(4) + 3 + 2 + 2] = 11; Damage: [1d4(3) + 2 + 2] = 7 HP and Diseased
[Wed Sep 1 21:53:58 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(5) + 10] = 15 Damage: [1d8(4) + 7] = 11 HP (treat as +2 weapon).
[Wed Sep 1 21:54:25 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I think it's all attacks this round
[Wed Sep 1 21:54:26 2010] : (9) DM: G also dies
[Wed Sep 1 21:55:02 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd next
[Wed Sep 1 21:55:15 2010] : (10) Zedd: Zedd tries to see where the woman went.
[Wed Sep 1 21:55:18 2010] : (10) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Sep 1 21:55:40 2010] : (10) Zedd: Failing that he throws a javelin at D.
[Wed Sep 1 21:55:44 2010] : (10) Zedd: Javelin: [1d20(11) + 11] = 22; Damage: [1d6(4) + 5] = 9
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:01 2010] : (9) DM: A hit, but the man's still running.
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:06 2010] : (10) Zedd: Done
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:10 2010] : (9) DM: Zedd can't spot the invisible.
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:12 2010] : (9) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:42 2010] : (11) Keryn: Wolfie catches up with F
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:48 2010] : (11) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(16) + 6] = 22, Damage: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Sep 1 21:56:50 2010] : (11) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20 vs CMD
[Wed Sep 1 21:57:17 2010] : (9) DM: Wolfie trips the fleeing cultist
[Wed Sep 1 21:57:28 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc I suppose I can't see that A is there?
[Wed Sep 1 21:58:03 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Wolfie should be able to smell her out though
[Wed Sep 1 21:58:09 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc without metagaming I'd have no idea where to cast glitterdust
[Wed Sep 1 21:58:22 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn summons a Dire rat in behind the tower
[Wed Sep 1 21:58:38 2010] : (9) DM: ooc you can't.
[Wed Sep 1 21:58:48 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc Dire rat has Scent
[Wed Sep 1 21:58:54 2010] : (9) DM: (that's just her last known position, remember)
[Wed Sep 1 21:59:56 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc Rat should be able to detect her direction
[Wed Sep 1 22:00:43 2010] : (9) DM: somewhere over that-a-way
[Wed Sep 1 22:01:22 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn shouts "Follow the rat"
[Wed Sep 1 22:01:47 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc isn't scent a perception roll?
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:16 2010] : (9) DM: ooc we'll hand-wave it.
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:20 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:24 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas shoots a couple at D, before following the rat
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:27 2010] : (11) Keryn: oco doesn't appear to be
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:35 2010] : (13) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(7) + 11] = 18, Damage: [1d8(3) + 3] = 6 HP
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:37 2010] : (13) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(16) + 11] = 27, Damage: [1d8(5) + 3] = 8 HP
[Wed Sep 1 22:02:51 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Sep 1 22:03:05 2010] : (13) Dorcas: a couple of arrows
[Wed Sep 1 22:03:21 2010] : (9) DM: That's a kill. Gwydion?
[Wed Sep 1 22:03:55 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc no, it doesn't - seems odd given that they made a mechanic for multiple senses. I'd have added +10 (or 20 or something) to a perception smell check, though quite what the DC would be I have no idea
[Wed Sep 1 22:04:16 2010] : (12) Gwydion: The rat follows the wolf
[Wed Sep 1 22:04:26 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(10) + 3 + 0 + 2] = 15; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2 + 2] = 5 HP and Diseased
[Wed Sep 1 22:05:01 2010] : (9) DM: Another one's down.
[Wed Sep 1 22:05:17 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion moves as fast as he can while keeping up his performance
[Wed Sep 1 22:05:55 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc assuming that running is out while doing so
[Wed Sep 1 22:05:59 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:03 2010] : (9) DM: Perception checks, please
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:08 2010] : (10) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(20) + 7] = 27
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:17 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(20) + 1 + 5 + 3] = 29
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:38 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc two 20s!
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:51 2010] : (11) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(15) + 12] = 27
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:56 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(20) + 13] = 33
[Wed Sep 1 22:06:56 2010] : (10) Zedd: ooc we must have gone to specsavers
[Wed Sep 1 22:07:15 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc keryn feels blind by comparison
[Wed Sep 1 22:07:17 2010] : (9) DM: Dorcas and Gwydion manage to spot faint signs of movement
[Wed Sep 1 22:07:49 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc mind you Keryn has a pillar between him and the leader :)
[Wed Sep 1 22:07:54 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc I spoke too soon - three 20s!
[Wed Sep 1 22:08:31 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc are the horizontal looking bits at the bottom passable?
[Wed Sep 1 22:08:55 2010] : (9) DM: ooc they'd need to be scrambled over: difficult terrain
[Wed Sep 1 22:11:09 2010] : (9) DM: Are you chasing her down?
[Wed Sep 1 22:11:28 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Yes
[Wed Sep 1 22:11:30 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc I was going to get Wolfie into the action
[Wed Sep 1 22:12:34 2010] : (9) DM: ooc not going to be trivial...
[Wed Sep 1 22:13:07 2010] : (9) DM: she's invisible, and fleeing; you can track by scent (with help from your friends) but it's a race to see who gets there first.
[Wed Sep 1 22:13:40 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc gets to the final zone?
[Wed Sep 1 22:14:03 2010] : (10) Zedd: "I think we should track her."
[Wed Sep 1 22:14:18 2010] : (9) DM: ooc gets wherever she's going, which may not be where you're going.
[Wed Sep 1 22:15:20 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 1 22:16:07 2010] : (9) DM: OK. I'm going to need perception checks for the wolf, and (for the first few rounds) the summoned animals. You can make them as well, but it's a very high DC.
[Wed Sep 1 22:16:12 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc if she starts running, we have no choice unless a fast animal catches her up
[Wed Sep 1 22:16:34 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc choice = chance
[Wed Sep 1 22:16:41 2010] : (9) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 1 22:17:17 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc my summon can't reach her in the 2 rounds left
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:41 2010] : (11) Keryn: [1d20(12) + 4] = 16
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:48 2010] : (11) Keryn: wolfie perc roll
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:48 2010] : (9) DM: So it's wolfie or bust. Can you roll five perception checks, please, Keryn?
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:58 2010] : (11) Keryn: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:58 2010] : (11) Keryn: [1d20(17) + 4] = 21
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:59 2010] : (11) Keryn: [1d20(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Sep 1 22:18:59 2010] : (11) Keryn: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Sep 1 22:20:16 2010] : (9) DM: Despite the wolf's best efforts, he soon comes slinking back to his master looking somewhat sheepish.
[Wed Sep 1 22:20:22 2010] : (11) Keryn: ooc should be able to track her by scent
[Wed Sep 1 22:20:23 2010] : (9) DM: It seems the woman has escaped.
[Wed Sep 1 22:20:36 2010] : (9) DM: ooc unless she takes action to prevent that...
[Wed Sep 1 22:20:36 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc a wolf in sheep's behaviour?
[Wed Sep 1 22:20:42 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 1 22:21:10 2010] : (11) Keryn: Keryn rubs Wolfies head affectionately
[Wed Sep 1 22:21:19 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Anyone hurt?"
[Wed Sep 1 22:21:44 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "I'm fine"
[Wed Sep 1 22:21:58 2010] : (10) Zedd: "Let's continue on into the inner circle then."
[Wed Sep 1 22:22:03 2010] : (11) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Sep 1 22:22:20 2010] : (11) Keryn: "Good idea"
[Wed Sep 1 22:22:21 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "I'm fine"
[Wed Sep 1 22:22:24 2010] : (12) Gwydion: Gwydion stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Sep 1 22:22:52 2010] : (9) DM: 750xp each, and you approach the last bridge before the inner City.
[Wed Sep 1 22:23:14 2010] : (12) Gwydion: ooc my MI lasts another 4 minutes or so
[Wed Sep 1 22:23:25 2010] : (9) DM: Two gold-plated columns, carved into vaguely feminine statues, support the roof of the tunnel - no gates here.
[Wed Sep 1 22:23:34 2010] : (12) Gwydion: "Let's hustle"
[Wed Sep 1 22:23:41 2010] : (9) DM: GAME END