Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 25 19:35:52 2010] : (2) DM: GAME START
[Wed Aug 25 19:37:45 2010] : (2) DM: The situation is this: you've entered the City of Golden Death, and defeated the guardian on the bridge. You found a map of the city (which you've hopefully still got in your emails!), and some notes that indicated you've probably got about 60 hours remaining before the city floods with molten gold.
[Wed Aug 25 19:38:24 2010] : (2) DM: At a crossroads, you were attacked by a fire elemental; it seems the cultists had also encountered it and at least one of them was killed.
[Wed Aug 25 19:38:46 2010] : (2) DM: The conversation was about whether to rest and recover, or press on. No decision was reached.
[Wed Aug 25 19:40:01 2010] : (1) Zedd: Is everyone out of spells?
[Wed Aug 25 19:40:07 2010] : (4) Keryn: "I'm really low on spells"
[Wed Aug 25 19:40:25 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I'm not so bad, but I'm happy to rest"
[Wed Aug 25 19:40:27 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc basically 2 L1 summons left
[Wed Aug 25 19:40:38 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc 2 1st level, 2 second level left
[Wed Aug 25 19:41:54 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I guess the question is, how confident are we that we can get out within 60 hours if we rest now?"
[Wed Aug 25 19:42:08 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "I'm fine either way, though I could be fitter"
[Wed Aug 25 19:42:32 2010] : (4) Keryn: "How about we press on a little longer and see how it goes"
[Wed Aug 25 19:42:55 2010] : (2) DM: ooc I feel an Evil DM moment coming on :-)
[Wed Aug 25 19:43:06 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Do not give in!
[Wed Aug 25 19:43:30 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc Embrace the evilness!
[Wed Aug 25 19:43:43 2010] : (2) DM: ooc /me fetches a coin to throw...
[Wed Aug 25 19:43:54 2010] : (1) Zedd: "Which way did they go next? Are they still heading for the centre?"
[Wed Aug 25 19:44:01 2010] : (1) Zedd: Survival: [1d20(5) + 6] = 11
[Wed Aug 25 19:44:24 2010] : (4) Keryn: Survival: [1d20(1) + 12] = 13
[Wed Aug 25 19:44:46 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn isn't sure, but lets Wolfie have a sniff around
[Wed Aug 25 19:45:05 2010] : (2) DM: You're at the first crossroads near the entrance. The golden cobblestones don't take tracks well, and the air's too hot and dry for scents to persist.
[Wed Aug 25 19:45:11 2010] : (2) DM: Anyone else rolling?
[Wed Aug 25 19:45:13 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(7) + 10] = 17
[Wed Aug 25 19:45:59 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Investigate or straight to the highest level?"
[Wed Aug 25 19:46:15 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Remember the map, I think we needed to keep going for a few junctions then head right"
[Wed Aug 25 19:46:21 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas' usual uncanny ability to find signs of previous travellers fails her, and none of you can tell which way the cultists went. The information you have suggests that they're heading towards the centre - at least at some point.
[Wed Aug 25 19:46:45 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Err left"
[Wed Aug 25 19:47:13 2010] : (1) Zedd: "Let's head further in and see if we can pick up any trails there."
[Wed Aug 25 19:47:22 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Survival: [1d20(6) + 1 + 0] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 19:47:38 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc didn't thin kit was worth bothering - I was right
[Wed Aug 25 19:47:38 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "I believer you're right, left it is"
[Wed Aug 25 19:47:39 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd starts moving off.
[Wed Aug 25 19:48:21 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Let's try to keep together and move at a hustle. There's not a lot of point in stealth"
[Wed Aug 25 19:48:48 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Gwydion follows in a forced march
[Wed Aug 25 19:48:52 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Time IS of the essence"
[Wed Aug 25 19:49:02 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas presses on
[Wed Aug 25 19:49:07 2010] : (2) DM: OK.
[Wed Aug 25 19:49:12 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc and we have no-one in heavy armour!
[Wed Aug 25 19:50:06 2010] : (2) DM: You head onwards, towards the centre of the city, barely glancing at the shining golden buildings. The ceiling, some 80ft above you, is free of gold, and almost covered in the strange phosphorescence that lights the city.
[Wed Aug 25 19:51:15 2010] : (2) DM: After ten minutes of walking, you reach another major junction; like the first, there is a channel a foot deep around the square of the intersection.
[Wed Aug 25 19:51:58 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I hope there's no more elementals here"
[Wed Aug 25 19:52:08 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Let's just press on"
[Wed Aug 25 19:52:25 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc how close are we to the next circle?
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:08 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Is it worth jumping across the corners rather than stepping on the junction?"
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:19 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I guess it's worth trying"
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:23 2010] : (2) DM: You can't see the end of this circle in front of you, but from your memories of the map you may be able to work it out. Intelligence check, please.
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:34 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Intelligence: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:40 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Knowledge Geography: [1d20(10) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 18
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:41 2010] : (1) Zedd: Intelligence: [1d20(20) + -1] = 19
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:50 2010] : (2) DM: (And an acrobatics check for everyone who wants to try the jump)
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:53 2010] : (4) Keryn: Intelligence: [1d20(16) + 2 + 2] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 19:53:58 2010] : (1) Zedd: Acrobatics: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13
[Wed Aug 25 19:54:03 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Acrobatics: [1d20(7) + 2 + 3 + 3 - 1] = 14
[Wed Aug 25 19:54:04 2010] : (4) Keryn: Acrobatics: [1d20(3) + 3 + 2 + 3 - 3] = 8
[Wed Aug 25 19:54:16 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd and Keryn both reach the conclusion that this is the crossroads at which you'd planned to turn left.
[Wed Aug 25 19:54:16 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Intelligence: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Aug 25 19:54:37 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Acrobatics: [1d20(16) + 0] = 16
[Wed Aug 25 19:55:25 2010] : (2) DM: Though Keryn stumbles a little, you all make the jump over the corner of the channels. Perception checks, please!
[Wed Aug 25 19:55:31 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(12) + 10] = 22
[Wed Aug 25 19:55:39 2010] : (1) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(10) + 6] = 16
[Wed Aug 25 19:55:51 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(7) + 1 + 4 + 3] = 15
[Wed Aug 25 19:55:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(12) + 11] = 23
[Wed Aug 25 19:56:08 2010] : (2) DM: None of you sees anything interesting.
[Wed Aug 25 19:57:20 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd keeps going.
[Wed Aug 25 19:57:52 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas keeps following
[Wed Aug 25 19:57:54 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps up
[Wed Aug 25 19:58:11 2010] : (2) DM: Another half-hour passes, the tunnel curving gradually to the right, until you come to another of the intersections.
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:12 2010] : (2) DM: Intelligence checks to remember the map, please.
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: Intelligence: [1d20(3) + 2 + 2] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:23 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Intelligence: [1d20(20) + 5] = 25
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:26 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc knowledge geography??
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:29 2010] : (2) DM: (also, does anyone else remember the old skill "intuit direction"?)
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:45 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc what a waste of a skill
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:52 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Intelligence: [1d20(15) + 2] = 17
[Wed Aug 25 19:59:58 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Why was that map damaged at the junctions? Seems almost deliberate"
[Wed Aug 25 20:00:04 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's not a city you're going to know about. My take is that "knowledge" is facts you've already got, or have learned, while this is "remembering what you've seen".
[Wed Aug 25 20:00:05 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 25 20:00:14 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc OK
[Wed Aug 25 20:00:19 2010] : (2) DM: ooc Dorcas, that's almost worthy of XP :)
[Wed Aug 25 20:01:01 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc whoever drew it had a love of Tolkien-like alphabets
[Wed Aug 25 20:01:03 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas and Gwydion are quite confident that this is the inner of the two junctions at the west of the city, and that you've come a quarter-circle around the First Ring.
[Wed Aug 25 20:01:40 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "We need to go as far again, then turn right, or South to get into the next circle"
[Wed Aug 25 20:01:57 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Ok. This place is huge"
[Wed Aug 25 20:02:14 2010] : (4) Keryn: "how long do you think we've been down here?"
[Wed Aug 25 20:02:34 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc about an hour?
[Wed Aug 25 20:02:34 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I'm not great at time-keeping"
[Wed Aug 25 20:03:04 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc b(eer)rb
[Wed Aug 25 20:03:28 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "We've got some time left before we get encased in molten gold, but let's not linger"
[Wed Aug 25 20:04:03 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's about an hour since you entered the city proper; about 2 hours since you entered the tunnels.
[Wed Aug 25 20:05:00 2010] : (2) DM: The junction looks the same as the previous two, complete with channels.
[Wed Aug 25 20:05:06 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc back
[Wed Aug 25 20:05:45 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc do we need to get out inside the time limit, or can we stay in the centre circle til the gold goes down?
[Wed Aug 25 20:05:56 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd keeps going until he reaches the wall or gateway.
[Wed Aug 25 20:06:02 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you don't know whether the central circle is safe or not.
[Wed Aug 25 20:06:05 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc I'm not sure that we know
[Wed Aug 25 20:06:31 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "So we need to jump two corners here?"
[Wed Aug 25 20:06:40 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Let's get it done"
[Wed Aug 25 20:06:47 2010] : (2) DM: If you're both jumping it and going straight on, then yes :)
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:02 2010] : (1) Zedd: Acrobatics: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:03 2010] : (1) Zedd: Acrobatics: [1d20(2) + 7] = 9
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:07 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Acrobatics: [1d20(20) + 2 + 3 + 3 - 1] = 27
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:09 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "How about we secure each other with ropes before jumping over molten gold?"
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:10 2010] : (4) Keryn: Acrobatics: [1d20(5) + 3 + 2 + 3 - 3] = 10
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:11 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Acrobatics: [1d20(18) + 2 + 3 + 3 - 1] = 25
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:11 2010] : (4) Keryn: Acrobatics: [1d20(2) + 3 + 2 + 3 - 3] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:20 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Gwydion shows off
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:27 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's not molten gold: it's just a channel around the edge of the square.
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:34 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc OK
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:37 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Acrobatics: [1d20(19) + 0] = 19
[Wed Aug 25 20:07:58 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Acrobatics: [1d20(16) + 0] = 16
[Wed Aug 25 20:08:13 2010] : (2) DM: Once again, you pass the junction without excitement.
[Wed Aug 25 20:08:40 2010] : (2) DM: 1200xp each for avoiding the traps.
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:17 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc 15,000 xp for next level?
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:22 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:30 2010] : (2) DM: ooc what are you on?
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:39 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc 14000 XP
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:48 2010] : (2) DM: ooc ooooh
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:48 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc so going on the highest last week, I'm on 14,650
[Wed Aug 25 20:09:59 2010] : (5) Dorcas: 14050
[Wed Aug 25 20:10:04 2010] : (2) DM: ooc :) I can throw more dangerous things at you!
[Wed Aug 25 20:10:20 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc I haven't been keeping track :)
[Wed Aug 25 20:10:49 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc 14,650 it is
[Wed Aug 25 20:10:51 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc I'm happy to be at 14,050
[Wed Aug 25 20:11:08 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc I often seem to lose cout
[Wed Aug 25 20:11:20 2010] : (2) DM: ooc let's say 14500 because then nobody's right :)
[Wed Aug 25 20:11:23 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc so, 14,650 or 14,050?
[Wed Aug 25 20:11:27 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc OK
[Wed Aug 25 20:11:31 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 25 20:12:04 2010] : (2) DM: Please place yourselves on the road: who's where?
[Wed Aug 25 20:12:14 2010] : (2) DM: (also, we could do with Wolfie :-) )
[Wed Aug 25 20:12:41 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc which direction are we travelling?
[Wed Aug 25 20:13:19 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc North (more or less)
[Wed Aug 25 20:13:35 2010] : (2) DM: ooc I drew the road wrong. One moment.
[Wed Aug 25 20:13:55 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's approximate anyway
[Wed Aug 25 20:14:07 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc I'm in front
[Wed Aug 25 20:14:23 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Together with me, the rangers are tracking
[Wed Aug 25 20:14:35 2010] : (2) DM: You're all remarkably alert, and you notice a clattering and clanging as a group of gold-plated, burning skeletons emerge from the ruins on your left.
[Wed Aug 25 20:14:53 2010] : (2) DM: Initiative, please, and you get to act in the surprise round.
[Wed Aug 25 20:15:04 2010] : (4) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(14) + 3 + 0] = 17
[Wed Aug 25 20:15:05 2010] : (2) DM: (could I have 4 enemies, please?
[Wed Aug 25 20:15:26 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 20:15:38 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(3) + 2 + 4] = 9
[Wed Aug 25 20:15:41 2010] : (1) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24
[Wed Aug 25 20:15:54 2010] : (2) DM: Init: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 20:16:22 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Zedd. Your turn.
[Wed Aug 25 20:16:55 2010] : (2) DM: (Knowledge: Religion for information, if you want)
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:03 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc I have pointy or wooden weapons....
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:22 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd draws a club and advances towards the skeletons.
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:27 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc We already encountered skeletons while searching for the Everflame
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:39 2010] : (1) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:48 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes, which is why I'm giving you a smacking great bonus on the checks :-)
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:53 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Knowledge Religion: [1d20(20) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 28
[Wed Aug 25 20:17:55 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Dorcas next.
[Wed Aug 25 20:18:02 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Aug 25 20:18:06 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas stares at the skeletons, while reaching for her club
[Wed Aug 25 20:18:08 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion knows the names of their ancestors for three generations.
[Wed Aug 25 20:18:38 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Running forward and attacking
[Wed Aug 25 20:18:46 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(8) + 8] = 16, Damage: [1d6(5) + 1] = 6 HP non-lethal damage
[Wed Aug 25 20:18:53 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:19:04 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's not non-lethal!
[Wed Aug 25 20:19:24 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc I wonder where that came from, correcting it now
[Wed Aug 25 20:19:32 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc maybe it's a rubber one?
[Wed Aug 25 20:19:35 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas strikes a solid blow, and the skeleton staggers a little.
[Wed Aug 25 20:20:21 2010] : (2) DM: The skeletons move forward.
[Wed Aug 25 20:20:25 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Probably came from an attack I copied (which means I copied it from Craig)
[Wed Aug 25 20:20:45 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc probably my old whip then
[Wed Aug 25 20:20:58 2010] : (2) DM: Attacking Dorcas: [1d20(7)] = 7 [2d6(1,3)] = 4 [1d20(15)] = 15 [2d6(4,3)] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:11 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc I've since upgraded my whip to a scorpion whip
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:22 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc oohh kinky
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:24 2010] : (2) DM: The skeletons flail at Dorcas with their flaming swords, but both miss.
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:26 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Ouch, ouch, ouch, never mind
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:32 2010] : (2) DM: Attacking Zedd: [1d20(17)] = 17 [2d6(3,3)] = 6 [1d20(1)] = 1 [2d6(6,1)] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:49 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd, likewise, feels only the heat but no injury.
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:52 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Aug 25 20:21:59 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn steps forward and starts casting
[Wed Aug 25 20:22:07 2010] : (4) Keryn: Wolfie attacks
[Wed Aug 25 20:22:10 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Damn, I never kept my club"
[Wed Aug 25 20:22:17 2010] : (4) Keryn: Wolfie charges D
[Wed Aug 25 20:22:29 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(8) + 8] = 16, Damage: [1d8(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Aug 25 20:23:15 2010] : (2) DM: CMB check, please
[Wed Aug 25 20:23:20 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(19) + 0 + 3 + 0 + 0] = 22 vs CMD
[Wed Aug 25 20:23:36 2010] : (4) Keryn: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:23:54 2010] : (2) DM: Though the wolf pulls the skeleton to the floor, it takes [1d6(3)] = 3 damage from the intense heat of the burning bones.
[Wed Aug 25 20:24:00 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 25 20:24:22 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Gwydion moves closer while drawing out his scorpion whip
[Wed Aug 25 20:24:32 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Whip - Trip Attack: [1d20(1) + 5] = 6 vs opponent's CMD (target gets an initial AoO if I'm within reach)
[Wed Aug 25 20:24:47 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:25:04 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion almost manages to trip himself up, but not quite.
[Wed Aug 25 20:25:21 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Aug 25 20:25:50 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd attacks D
[Wed Aug 25 20:25:52 2010] : (1) Zedd: Club: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17; Damage: [1d6(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed Aug 25 20:26:03 2010] : (1) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:26:43 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd manages to crush the skeleton as it lays on the floor. It explodes in a shower of flaming bones, and Zedd and the Wolf both take [1d6(6)] = 6 damage.
[Wed Aug 25 20:26:49 2010] : (2) DM: (Reflex save for half)
[Wed Aug 25 20:27:03 2010] : (4) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(7) + 3 + 4] = 14
[Wed Aug 25 20:27:32 2010] : (1) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26
[Wed Aug 25 20:27:35 2010] : (2) DM: Wolf saves. Zedd?
[Wed Aug 25 20:28:49 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc what?
[Wed Aug 25 20:29:14 2010] : (2) DM: ooc I was lagging; your save showed up after I posted that comment.
[Wed Aug 25 20:29:22 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd saves too; it's Dorcas to go.
[Wed Aug 25 20:30:36 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas once again attacks skeleton A
[Wed Aug 25 20:30:40 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(11) + 8] = 19, Damage: [1d6(3) + 1] = 4 HP damage
[Wed Aug 25 20:30:46 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:31:07 2010] : (2) DM: The skeleton explodes; Dorcas takes [1d6(3)] = 3 damage (reflex half)
[Wed Aug 25 20:31:44 2010] : (2) DM: The remaining skeletons attack Dorcas and Zedd respectively: [1d20(9)] = 9 [1d6(4)] = 4 [1d20(12)] = 12 [1d6(2)] = 2
[Wed Aug 25 20:31:52 2010] : (2) DM: Both miss, and it's Keryn's turn.
[Wed Aug 25 20:32:13 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn summons a Dire Rat behind B
[Wed Aug 25 20:32:27 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Reflex: [1d20(8) + 11] = 19
[Wed Aug 25 20:32:30 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(18) + 3 + 0 + 0] = 21; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Diseased
[Wed Aug 25 20:32:53 2010] : (5) Dorcas: HP Status: 15 out of 22
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:21 2010] : (2) DM: The rat bites hard, but the skeleton doesn't fall.
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:22 2010] : (4) Keryn: Sling: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7, Damage: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:28 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn steps sideways and tries his sling against C
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:32 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn misses.
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:35 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:41 2010] : (4) Keryn: Wolfie circles behind C
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:50 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28, Damage: [1d8(1) + 3] = 4; Critical threat: [1d20(15) + 8] = 23, Damage: [4 + 1d8(1) + 3] = 8
[Wed Aug 25 20:33:57 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Gwydion steps towards B and tries again with the whip
[Wed Aug 25 20:34:00 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(3) + 3 + 0] = 6
[Wed Aug 25 20:34:22 2010] : (2) DM: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Aug 25 20:34:41 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc 2 fecking 1s on dmg!
[Wed Aug 25 20:34:51 2010] : (2) DM: The wolf bites hard, but doesn't manage to bring the enemy down.
[Wed Aug 25 20:34:59 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Whip - Trip Attack: [1d20(13) + 7] = 20 vs opponent's CMD (target gets an initial AoO if I'm within reach)
[Wed Aug 25 20:35:27 2010] : (2) DM: The skeleton falls to the ground.
[Wed Aug 25 20:35:33 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Aug 25 20:36:07 2010] : (1) Zedd: Club: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24; Damage: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Aug 25 20:36:29 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd whacks C in the ribs.
[Wed Aug 25 20:36:31 2010] : (1) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:36:52 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd crushes another skeleton, and he and Wolfie must make a reflex save to half the [1d6(5)] = 5 damage from the explosion.
[Wed Aug 25 20:36:58 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:00 2010] : (1) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:06 2010] : (4) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(10) + 3 + 4] = 17
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:11 2010] : (2) DM: Both save.
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:23 2010] : (4) Keryn: Wolfie is evading stuff nicely
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:43 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas turns and attacks B
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:49 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(19) + 8] = 27, Damage: [1d6(4) + 1] = 5 HP damage
[Wed Aug 25 20:37:56 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 25 20:38:45 2010] : (2) DM: The skeleton is still standing, but only just.
[Wed Aug 25 20:38:57 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc he's actually prone ;-)
[Wed Aug 25 20:39:05 2010] : (2) DM: ooc oh yes.
[Wed Aug 25 20:39:11 2010] : (2) DM: Still wriggling, then :-)
[Wed Aug 25 20:39:30 2010] : (2) DM: The skeleton struggles to stand up; Dorcas and the rat get an AoO.
[Wed Aug 25 20:39:35 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(19) + 3 + 0 + 0] = 22; Damage: [1d4(3) + 2 + 0] = 5 HP and Diseased
[Wed Aug 25 20:40:03 2010] : ** (3) Gwydion found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Aug 25 20:40:15 2010] : (2) DM: The rat's bite finishes off the skeleton, which explodes like the others did. Dorcas and the rat take [1d6(5)] = 5 damage, with a reflex save for half.
[Wed Aug 25 20:40:20 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Club: [1d20(15) + 8] = 23, Damage: [1d6(1) + 1] = 2 HP damage
[Wed Aug 25 20:40:31 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Reflex: [1d20(16) + 11] = 27
[Wed Aug 25 20:40:45 2010] : (2) DM: That's a save :-)
[Wed Aug 25 20:40:56 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Is it? How surprising
[Wed Aug 25 20:41:25 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc Are they still on fire?
[Wed Aug 25 20:41:36 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Well, at least this fight wasn't too difficult"
[Wed Aug 25 20:41:42 2010] : (2) DM: ooc no, they exploded.
[Wed Aug 25 20:41:46 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc ok
[Wed Aug 25 20:41:53 2010] : (2) DM: 500xp each.
[Wed Aug 25 20:41:59 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas checks out the flaming swords
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:18 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I had no crushing weapons, but I thought if I tripped them, you could whack them when they stood up"
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:20 2010] : (2) DM: The swords aren't burning any more - it seems that was the undead, not the swords themselves.
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:22 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Ker-ching
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:24 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc Ka-ching
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:30 2010] : (3) Gwydion: [1d8(5)] = 5
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:33 2010] : (4) Keryn: Wolfie looks around for a bone, but can't find any
[Wed Aug 25 20:42:59 2010] : (4) Keryn: [1d8(6)] = 6
[Wed Aug 25 20:43:06 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc hit dice for a ranger? is it 1d10 or 1d8?
[Wed Aug 25 20:43:27 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc 1d10 IIRC
[Wed Aug 25 20:43:31 2010] : (5) Dorcas: [1d10(10)] = 10
[Wed Aug 25 20:43:35 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc woot
[Wed Aug 25 20:43:41 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Nice :-D
[Wed Aug 25 20:43:57 2010] : (2) DM: ooc definitely 10.
[Wed Aug 25 20:44:01 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc it is 1d10
[Wed Aug 25 20:44:06 2010] : (1) Zedd: [1d10(8)] = 8
[Wed Aug 25 20:44:22 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc so do I take CMW, Summon 2 or sound burst??
[Wed Aug 25 20:44:26 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc L3 spells!
[Wed Aug 25 20:44:58 2010] : (2) DM: You all noticed that the skeletons were wearing crests like those in the soldiers shown in the murals at the entrance to the city.
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:06 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc can we take a 10 minute break?
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc fine with me
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:28 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Want to level-up right now?
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:38 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc I wasn't prepared for level-up
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:42 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc hell yeah
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:44 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes! anyone who does levelling up can do so; at the very least, please apply your new BAB, HP etc.
[Wed Aug 25 20:45:55 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you may benefit from the additional combat ability soon!
[Wed Aug 25 20:47:55 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Hmm, seems I had my HP wrong!
[Wed Aug 25 20:49:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: [1d8(5)] = 5
[Wed Aug 25 20:49:28 2010] : (3) Gwydion: So do I take CMW, Summon 2 or sound burst??
[Wed Aug 25 20:50:14 2010] : (4) Keryn: Sound burst was usually pretty handy, and I have summons out my ears
[Wed Aug 25 20:50:16 2010] : (1) Zedd: They're all good useful spells.
[Wed Aug 25 20:50:42 2010] : (1) Zedd: I'd suggest sound burst.
[Wed Aug 25 20:50:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: ditto
[Wed Aug 25 20:51:23 2010] : (4) Keryn: Who is injured?
[Wed Aug 25 20:51:25 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 20:51:46 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Obviously I like Sound burst ;-)
[Wed Aug 25 20:51:51 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn heals his wolf
[Wed Aug 25 20:52:40 2010] : (1) Zedd: 5 HP down
[Wed Aug 25 20:52:44 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Aug 25 20:52:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 25 20:53:53 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc I had subdual - has it worn odd DM?
[Wed Aug 25 20:53:57 2010] : (3) Gwydion: off
[Wed Aug 25 20:54:28 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you've had time to heal 1 point of non-lethal: it's been 1 hour.
[Wed Aug 25 20:54:59 2010] : ** (3) Gwydion found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Aug 25 20:55:07 2010] : (4) Keryn: brb
[Wed Aug 25 20:55:20 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(8) + 7] = 15 Damage: [1d8(2) + 4] = 6 HP.
[Wed Aug 25 20:55:55 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc It seems I managed to forget to add a feat at some point
[Wed Aug 25 20:56:56 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you should have 2 at first level human, one at L2, and one from L4.
[Wed Aug 25 20:57:17 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Ah, more feats in Pathfinder?
[Wed Aug 25 20:57:30 2010] : (3) Gwydion: I missed the L4 one
[Wed Aug 25 20:58:50 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes, feats at every even level.
[Wed Aug 25 21:00:38 2010] : (4) Keryn: is it not every odd level?
[Wed Aug 25 21:01:10 2010] : (2) DM: nope
[Wed Aug 25 21:01:18 2010] : (2) DM: (I think(
[Wed Aug 25 21:01:20 2010] : (4) Keryn: online srd is wrong then
[Wed Aug 25 21:01:30 2010] : (4) Keryn: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement
[Wed Aug 25 21:01:43 2010] : (2) DM: No, it is every odd level. You should have 4 by now :-)
[Wed Aug 25 21:01:54 2010] : (5) Dorcas: [1d6(1)] = 1
[Wed Aug 25 21:04:14 2010] : ** (3) Gwydion found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Aug 25 21:05:41 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(20) + 2 + 3 + 0 + 0] = 25 vs CMD
[Wed Aug 25 21:06:14 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Sound Burst: Level 2 - Deals [1d8(1)] = 1 sonic damage - 10 ft radius, 105 ft range. (Stunned unless they pass a Fort save DC 17 duration - 5 rounds.)
[Wed Aug 25 21:07:22 2010] : (4) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(1) + 3 + 1 + 2] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 21:07:32 2010] : (4) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(16) + 6] = 22
[Wed Aug 25 21:08:07 2010] : (5) Dorcas: HP Status: 21 out of 33
[Wed Aug 25 21:08:19 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Rapid Shot: Dorcas can make an additional ranged attack (all attacks at max BAB -2).
[Wed Aug 25 21:08:27 2010] : (5) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(2) + 12] = 14, Damage: [1d8(6) + 2] = 8 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:08:29 2010] : (5) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18, Damage: [1d8(1) + 2] = 3 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:10:07 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Sound Burst: Level 2 - Deals [1d8(1)] = 1 sonic damage - 10 ft radius, 35 ft range. (Stunned unless they pass a Fort save DC 17 duration - 5 rounds.)
[Wed Aug 25 21:11:39 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc nearly made a mistake!
[Wed Aug 25 21:11:51 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Arcane strike is damage only
[Wed Aug 25 21:12:39 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Longsword + 1 (Arcane strike): [1d20(10) + 6] = 16 Damage: [1d8(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Wed Aug 25 21:12:52 2010] : (1) Zedd: What's "Arcane stike"?
[Wed Aug 25 21:13:09 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Arcane Strike (Combat) [Wed Aug 25 21:14:56 2010] : (2) DM: That's interesting: doesn't seem to have any cost at all except the swift action!
[Wed Aug 25 21:16:24 2010] : (2) DM: How are we doing?
[Wed Aug 25 21:16:45 2010] : (5) Dorcas: I'm doing fine :)
[Wed Aug 25 21:16:51 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Done, except skills
[Wed Aug 25 21:17:00 2010] : (4) Keryn: not bad. will need to rest to get my new spells, so no rush on them
[Wed Aug 25 21:17:13 2010] : (2) DM: Shall we press on?
[Wed Aug 25 21:17:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: yeah
[Wed Aug 25 21:18:40 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Sling (Arcane strike): [1d20(9) + 5] = 14 Damage: [1d4(3) + 4] = 7 HP.
[Wed Aug 25 21:18:52 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Yeah
[Wed Aug 25 21:18:53 2010] : (2) DM: OK. It's now over an hour since you entered the city itself. You've made it over halfway around the first ring, by your best guesses, and as you continue North and East after encountering the skeletons, you find the heat increasing rapidly.
[Wed Aug 25 21:20:35 2010] : (2) DM: You can see the glow of another canal ahead; that's where the heat is coming from.
[Wed Aug 25 21:21:56 2010] : (1) Zedd: "If we get attacked on a bridge over the next canal, we should retreat anf fight were it's cooler."
[Wed Aug 25 21:22:09 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Agreed"
[Wed Aug 25 21:22:39 2010] : (2) DM: ooc remember that the bridge itself was cooler - the bridge was apparently protected from the molten gold.
[Wed Aug 25 21:23:22 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Or perhaps this bridge is cool like the last one?" ;-)
[Wed Aug 25 21:23:30 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 25 21:23:56 2010] : (2) DM: Perception checks, please!
[Wed Aug 25 21:23:59 2010] : (1) Zedd: "Oh yeah."
[Wed Aug 25 21:24:02 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "We'll have to wait and see"
[Wed Aug 25 21:24:04 2010] : (1) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(11) + 6] = 17
[Wed Aug 25 21:24:08 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(3) + 1 + 5 + 3] = 12
[Wed Aug 25 21:24:11 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(15) + 13] = 28
[Wed Aug 25 21:24:34 2010] : (4) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(8) + 12] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 21:25:48 2010] : (2) DM: And some sort of marching order. The red bit is the canal; don't swim in it :-)
[Wed Aug 25 21:26:51 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "How about I touch the bridge and jump back again? Just to check if something appears if we touch it"
[Wed Aug 25 21:27:35 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Go ahead"
[Wed Aug 25 21:28:18 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas suffers from the heat on the approach to the bridge, taking 1 non-lethal damage, but poking the bridge leads to nothing amiss happening.
[Wed Aug 25 21:28:40 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Looks good. "
[Wed Aug 25 21:29:09 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "It's very hot there, though"
[Wed Aug 25 21:29:30 2010] : (2) DM: As you cross the bridge, nothing much happens - until you're nearly at the far side, when a spear jabs out at Dorcas. [1d20(7) + 12] = 19 [1d8(5) + 7 + 2d6(6,3)] = 21
[Wed Aug 25 21:29:52 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Ouch!"
[Wed Aug 25 21:29:55 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "Holy gods!"
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:07 2010] : (4) Keryn: "What the...?"
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:20 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas feels very faint
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:23 2010] : (5) Dorcas: HP Status: 0 out of 33
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:31 2010] : (2) DM: A skinny, slimy red figure, holding a long, barbed spear, has just stabbed Dorcas. It fades into view, clearly having been under the influence of some magical invisibility.
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:35 2010] : (2) DM: Initiative, please!
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:42 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc why didn't you say you were injured after the other fight??
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:44 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:49 2010] : (4) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 3 + 0] = 12
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:50 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc I did
[Wed Aug 25 21:30:51 2010] : (1) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 21:31:02 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(20) + 2 + 4] = 26
[Wed Aug 25 21:31:42 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Aug 25 21:32:00 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Sound Burst: Level 2 - Deals [1d8(5)] = 5 sonic damage - 10 ft radius, 35 ft range. (Stunned unless they pass a Fort save DC 17 duration - 5 rounds.)
[Wed Aug 25 21:32:20 2010] : (2) DM: Fort save: [1d20(10) + 5] = 15
[Wed Aug 25 21:32:48 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:32:59 2010] : (2) DM: The thing staggers under the effect of Gwydion's spell. It's Knowledge: Planes, if you care.
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:05 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:12 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Knowledge Planes: [1d20(6) + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2] = 14
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:20 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas retreats to the back and retrieves a potion
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:28 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas uses a Cure Light Wounds potion to gain [1d8(2) + 1] = 3 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:29 2010] : (2) DM: It's dropped its spear.
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:59 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc \o/ I love sound burst!
[Wed Aug 25 21:33:59 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:34:07 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc told you
[Wed Aug 25 21:34:13 2010] : (2) DM: OK. Zedd?
[Wed Aug 25 21:34:41 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd advances and attacks with his rapier.
[Wed Aug 25 21:34:51 2010] : (1) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(6) + 10] = 16; Damage: [1d6(3) + 4] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 21:34:57 2010] : (1) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:35:22 2010] : (2) DM: The creature's thick hide turns aside the blow. Keryn?
[Wed Aug 25 21:36:11 2010] : (4) Keryn: Wolfie moves around and attacks
[Wed Aug 25 21:36:19 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17, Damage: [1d8(4) + 3] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 21:36:37 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn steps to the side and starts casting
[Wed Aug 25 21:36:42 2010] : (2) DM: Again, the thick hide turns aside the wolf's teeth.
[Wed Aug 25 21:36:43 2010] : (4) Keryn: done
[Wed Aug 25 21:36:53 2010] : (2) DM: OK. Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 25 21:37:40 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Gwydion is tempted to fight, but looks instead at Dorcas
[Wed Aug 25 21:37:44 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(6) + 5] = 11 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:37:48 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:37:54 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Thank you"
[Wed Aug 25 21:38:01 2010] : (2) DM: OK. Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 25 21:38:19 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc is it so stunned that we can just push it off the bridge?
[Wed Aug 25 21:38:26 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas moves into position and starts shooting
[Wed Aug 25 21:38:38 2010] : (5) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(18) + 10] = 28, Damage: [1d8(3) + 2] = 5 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:38:39 2010] : (5) Dorcas: MW Longbow Rapid Shot: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20, Damage: [1d8(8) + 2] = 10 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:38:46 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:39:03 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's always an option even if it's not stunned: there's Bull Rush available.
[Wed Aug 25 21:39:25 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc did my planes roll net us any info?
[Wed Aug 25 21:39:34 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 25 21:39:41 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas' arrows both strike the thing, and leave wounds - but they quickly dissolve in the layer of slime covering the beast.
[Wed Aug 25 21:40:12 2010] : (2) DM: ooc Unfortunately not - even if I had noticed it! My apologies :)
[Wed Aug 25 21:40:27 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc ok
[Wed Aug 25 21:40:51 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "What is this thing?"
[Wed Aug 25 21:41:06 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd's up next, when he returns.
[Wed Aug 25 21:41:26 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd attacks.
[Wed Aug 25 21:41:29 2010] : (1) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(8) + 8] = 16; Damage: [1d6(5) + 4] = 9
[Wed Aug 25 21:41:30 2010] : (1) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(11) + 8] = 19; Damage: [1d8(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 21:41:34 2010] : (1) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:42:10 2010] : (2) DM: The blows seem to do little damage, less than you'd expect for the force behind them, and I need Zedd to make a reflex save please.
[Wed Aug 25 21:42:18 2010] : (1) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 21:42:26 2010] : (2) DM: It succeeds.
[Wed Aug 25 21:42:34 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Aug 25 21:42:44 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc I guess it needs cold iron or silver.
[Wed Aug 25 21:42:56 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn summons a dire rat
[Wed Aug 25 21:43:08 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(1) + 3 + 2 + 0] = 6; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2 + 0] = 3 HP and Diseased
[Wed Aug 25 21:43:14 2010] : (2) DM: ooc does anyone else have Knowledge: Planes?
[Wed Aug 25 21:43:17 2010] : (2) DM: The rat misses.
[Wed Aug 25 21:43:22 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Not me
[Wed Aug 25 21:43:43 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc nope
[Wed Aug 25 21:44:07 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12, Damage: [1d8(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Aug 25 21:44:18 2010] : (2) DM: That's a miss as well.
[Wed Aug 25 21:46:46 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc hello?
[Wed Aug 25 21:46:57 2010] : (2) DM: ooc still here!
[Wed Aug 25 21:47:03 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc sorry, talking to DM about pushing it off
[Wed Aug 25 21:47:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: A little at a loss as to what else he can do, Keryn steps forward and tries to push the thing off the bridge
[Wed Aug 25 21:48:00 2010] : (2) DM: ooc basically, it's a CMB check to try. Failure means you lose your action.
[Wed Aug 25 21:48:19 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(1) + 8] = 9
[Wed Aug 25 21:48:27 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc oh well
[Wed Aug 25 21:48:43 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn shoves the creature, but doesn't manage to push it off the bridge. Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 25 21:49:00 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +2 competence bonus to attack and damage; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Aug 25 21:49:25 2010] : (3) Gwydion: You all notice that Gwydion's song makes you even more inspired than previously
[Wed Aug 25 21:49:29 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:49:32 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 25 21:49:54 2010] : (2) DM: ooc in case you're wondering, Aid Another is still a valid action
[Wed Aug 25 21:50:13 2010] : (2) DM: ooc also, my connection seems to be laggy
[Wed Aug 25 21:50:23 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas drops her bow and draws her dagger as she moves forward
[Wed Aug 25 21:50:32 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dagger + 1: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20, Damage: [1d4(2) + 3] = 5 HP
[Wed Aug 25 21:50:38 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:51:19 2010] : (2) DM: The dagger strikes, but the wound seems to be a mere scratch. Reflex save, please!
[Wed Aug 25 21:51:44 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Reflex: [1d20(11) + 12] = 23
[Wed Aug 25 21:51:51 2010] : (2) DM: OK. Zedd?
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:00 2010] : (1) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(16) + 10] = 26; Damage: [1d6(5) + 6] = 11
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:01 2010] : (1) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(7) + 10] = 17; Damage: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:08 2010] : (1) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:13 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Even magic weapons seem to not do a lot against this creature"
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:17 2010] : (2) DM: Two solid hits, but I need a reflex save please.
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:48 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Aug 25 21:52:56 2010] : (1) Zedd: Reflex: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20
[Wed Aug 25 21:53:08 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn tries again with the pushing
[Wed Aug 25 21:53:12 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(9) + 8] = 17
[Wed Aug 25 21:53:30 2010] : (2) DM: ooc did you want the wolf & rat to help?
[Wed Aug 25 21:53:48 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc yeah, why not
[Wed Aug 25 21:54:12 2010] : (2) DM: ooc roll CMB checks for them, then, and we'll see what happens...
[Wed Aug 25 21:54:22 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(19) + 0 + 3 + 2 + 0] = 24 vs CMD
[Wed Aug 25 21:54:31 2010] : (4) Keryn: that was wolfie
[Wed Aug 25 21:54:35 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(14) + 1 + 3 + 2 + 0] = 20 vs CMD
[Wed Aug 25 21:54:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc the rats should have another +2 in there
[Wed Aug 25 21:55:35 2010] : (2) DM: With assistance from the animals, Keryn manages to shove the beast off the bridge. There's a faint hiss and a splash as it hits the molten gold; it floats on top.
[Wed Aug 25 21:55:42 2010] : (2) DM: [20d6(3,2,2,5,4,2,2,6,1,4,2,4,4,1,3,6,1,6,1,2)] = 61
[Wed Aug 25 21:55:50 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc Ouch
[Wed Aug 25 21:55:57 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc fix my summon nodes is another thing on my 'Do on Saturday' list
[Wed Aug 25 21:56:17 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc he has another 2 rounds of that ;-)
[Wed Aug 25 21:56:39 2010] : (2) DM: The smell of charred flesh rises from the canal, and Keryn sees the beast's reddish hide turn blackened as it becomes a corpse.
[Wed Aug 25 21:56:43 2010] : (3) Gwydion: I suppose most things float on molten gold
[Wed Aug 25 21:56:44 2010] : (2) DM: 800xp each
[Wed Aug 25 21:56:47 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc As long as it doesn't attack us, I'm good
[Wed Aug 25 21:56:52 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes, I supposed so too :-)
[Wed Aug 25 21:57:14 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn dismisses the rat, and gives Wolfie a ration
[Wed Aug 25 21:57:16 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc Yay for soundburst!
[Wed Aug 25 21:57:31 2010] : (1) Zedd: "Oh, that worked. Everything else we've fought has seems to be immune to fire damage."
[Wed Aug 25 21:57:37 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I'm glad that thing was stunned. He seemed difficult to hit"
[Wed Aug 25 21:57:43 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc so we're at about 10-11 o'clock on the path?
[Wed Aug 25 21:57:44 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Dorcas retrieves her bow
[Wed Aug 25 21:58:08 2010] : (4) Keryn: "I figured you didn't seem to be hurting it, but few things like molten gold"
[Wed Aug 25 21:58:17 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes, that big gold line is the canal you just used as an improvised weapon :=)
[Wed Aug 25 21:58:18 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "More difficult to wound than to hit, as far as I was concerned"
[Wed Aug 25 21:58:44 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "My song seemed more powerful, did you notice?"
[Wed Aug 25 21:59:25 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Yeah, I guess so"
[Wed Aug 25 21:59:43 2010] : (2) DM: Each of you takes 1 non-lethal fire damage as you walk away from the bridge, leaving the protective field.
[Wed Aug 25 22:00:25 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd looks for tracks or clues.
[Wed Aug 25 22:00:26 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn waves the wand as required
[Wed Aug 25 22:00:44 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc I'm fine
[Wed Aug 25 22:00:48 2010] : (2) DM: Another half-hour's walking brings you to another intersection, where once again the charred body of a cultist sprawls at the corner of the intersection.
[Wed Aug 25 22:01:09 2010] : (3) Gwydion: HP Status: 35 out of 36 (31 out of 32 due to Con damage) plus 6 non-lethal damage
[Wed Aug 25 22:01:43 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "They must be running low on cultists"
[Wed Aug 25 22:02:22 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "This should be the north end, and wen need to turn right to go South"
[Wed Aug 25 22:02:28 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "At least we're still all here. Turn right"
[Wed Aug 25 22:02:36 2010] : (3) Gwydion: Acrobatics: [1d20(2) + 2 + 5 + 3 - 1] = 11
[Wed Aug 25 22:02:49 2010] : (2) DM: ooc they had N+1 cultists, where N=the largest number insufficient for the plot.
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:24 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:25 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:26 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:30 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc hows that?
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:38 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Great :)
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:39 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc I'm a bit confused. Where are we on the map?
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:40 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc who is that for?
[Wed Aug 25 22:03:45 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc dorcas
[Wed Aug 25 22:04:07 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc North, turning South
[Wed Aug 25 22:04:12 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc north side, second circle in
[Wed Aug 25 22:04:13 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you're at the north end, intersection of the inner of the two circular streets.
[Wed Aug 25 22:04:49 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Do we jump the corners again?"
[Wed Aug 25 22:04:53 2010] : (3) Gwydion: ooc we should be turning on the path that gets us into the next level of the city
[Wed Aug 25 22:05:03 2010] : (3) Gwydion: "I already did"
[Wed Aug 25 22:05:04 2010] : (5) Dorcas: "Of course"
[Wed Aug 25 22:05:10 2010] : (5) Dorcas: Acrobatics: [1d20(13) + 0] = 13
[Wed Aug 25 22:05:44 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc don't we want to go left? Not that Zedd is smart enough to remember the map.
[Wed Aug 25 22:06:07 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc i.e., clockwise round the inner road.
[Wed Aug 25 22:06:25 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you've just _done_ the clockwise bit
[Wed Aug 25 22:06:45 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc And now we want to go to the second ring
[Wed Aug 25 22:06:53 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc we're at 12 oclock and now go south to the inner bit
[Wed Aug 25 22:07:24 2010] : (2) DM: Acrobatics checks from Keryn and Zedd, please
[Wed Aug 25 22:07:31 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc the part of the map with all the partially rubbed off red bits...
[Wed Aug 25 22:07:37 2010] : (4) Keryn: Acrobatics: [1d20(20) + 3 + 2 + 3 - 3] = 25
[Wed Aug 25 22:07:50 2010] : (1) Zedd: Acrobatics: [1d20(3) + 4] = 7
[Wed Aug 25 22:07:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn does a double somersault over the corner
[Wed Aug 25 22:08:13 2010] : You must be a GM to use this feature
[Wed Aug 25 22:08:16 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Show off!
[Wed Aug 25 22:08:18 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (1) Zedd...
[Wed Aug 25 22:08:57 2010] : (6) Keryn (enter): 22:08
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:06 2010] : (5) Dorcas: .
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:07 2010] : (2) DM: The intersection is passed safely, and you walk forwards. Soon a great wall looms in front of you, floor to ceiling, and a pair of huge golden gates stand open by the road.
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:11 2010] : (7) Gwydion (enter): 22:09
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:17 2010] : (8) Keryn (enter): 22:09
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:31 2010] : (7) Gwydion: Hmm, presume that the map killed our connections
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:40 2010] : (8) Keryn: looks like it
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:41 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Not mine
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:45 2010] : (7) Gwydion: Booting '(3) Gwydion' from server...
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:46 2010] : (3) Gwydion (exit): 22:09
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:46 2010] : (2) DM: ooc nor mine
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:56 2010] : (8) Keryn: Booting '(6) Keryn' from server...
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:57 2010] : (6) Keryn (exit): 22:09
[Wed Aug 25 22:09:59 2010] : (8) Keryn: Booting '(4) Keryn' from server...
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:00 2010] : (4) Keryn (exit): 22:10
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:15 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc Ubuntu users only then?
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:18 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc FRPG just bombed out without warning
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:34 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc background images aren't working it seems
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:43 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc I have the map now
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:46 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc I see the map fine
[Wed Aug 25 22:10:55 2010] : (8) Keryn: oco I can see it now
[Wed Aug 25 22:11:18 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc And now I don't
[Wed Aug 25 22:11:23 2010] : (2) DM: ooc did my description make it through?
[Wed Aug 25 22:11:23 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc nor me
[Wed Aug 25 22:11:37 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc no
[Wed Aug 25 22:11:57 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc nope
[Wed Aug 25 22:12:23 2010] : (2) DM: The intersection is passed safely, and you walk forwards. Soon a great wall looms in front of you, floor to ceiling, and a pair of huge golden gates stand open by the road.
[Wed Aug 25 22:12:26 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc Aaaargh!
[Wed Aug 25 22:12:33 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc my node got fried
[Wed Aug 25 22:12:45 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Ouch
[Wed Aug 25 22:12:45 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc nnnooooooooooo
[Wed Aug 25 22:12:57 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc feck
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:07 2010] : (1) Zedd: ooc Sorry
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:15 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc not your fault
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:22 2010] : (2) DM: Between the gates stand a pair of ten-foot-tall, gold-armoured skeletons. Their huge halberds bar the way into the inner city, and in one voice they growl something in a strange language.
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:26 2010] : (7) Gwydion: ooc I should have saved it after changing it
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:26 2010] : (2) DM: ooc anyone speak Giant?
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:39 2010] : (7) Gwydion: oo cnope
[Wed Aug 25 22:14:58 2010] : (5) Dorcas: ooc Not me
[Wed Aug 25 22:15:01 2010] : (1) Zedd: Zedd looks puzzled by the strange language.
[Wed Aug 25 22:15:15 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc nope
[Wed Aug 25 22:15:23 2010] : (2) DM: None of you knows what it means, but the skeletons clearly aren't going anywhere soon.
[Wed Aug 25 22:15:25 2010] : (2) DM: GAME END