Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Aug 4 19:34:42 2010] : (18) Zedd: GAME START
[Wed Aug 4 19:34:49 2010] : (15) DM: At the end of the last session, you met a wild, smelly madman, who has offered to guide you to "the men in masks".
[Wed Aug 4 19:34:57 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc curiously G is missing from the bad guy red circles ;-)
[Wed Aug 4 19:35:11 2010] : (15) DM: In the hope that these are the cultists you are chasing, you have agreed to follow him.
[Wed Aug 4 19:35:25 2010] : (15) DM: [4d100(100,36,43,24)] = 203
[Wed Aug 4 19:36:02 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc That had better not be a damage roll, it would kill us all of in one stroke
[Wed Aug 4 19:36:35 2010] : (15) DM: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 4 19:38:15 2010] : (16) Dorcas: .
[Wed Aug 4 19:38:40 2010] : (15) DM: The madman leads you, first of all, to a cave in the darkest, most overgrown part of the southern swamp. He fills a couple of ratty backpacks with food, straps a broken shield on his back, and belts a broken sword to his waist. It seems these are the sum of his worldly possessions.
[Wed Aug 4 19:39:00 2010] : (15) DM: Finally, he grabs a waterskin, which he uses to gesticulate as he chatters on.
[Wed Aug 4 19:40:32 2010] : (15) DM: After this lengthy (and muddy) detour, the madman leads all of you back to the river valley that heads east from the bay. The river's water is black and uninviting, but its banks are broad. Here and there are obvious marks of a large group passing: footprints, discarded ration-wrappers, and so on.
[Wed Aug 4 19:40:33 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas keeps back, working very hard at keeping a look of disgust off her face
[Wed Aug 4 19:41:07 2010] : (15) DM: The day is long, and the heavy clouds seem to hunker down over the island.
[Wed Aug 4 19:41:12 2010] : (15) DM: [4d100(51,21,12,80)] = 164
[Wed Aug 4 19:41:30 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc grrr mother fucking brother's ex-girlfriend using Facebook to be poisonous via my nephew's account!
[Wed Aug 4 19:41:44 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd keeps alert
[Wed Aug 4 19:41:54 2010] : (15) DM: ooc /me takes a moment to parse that sentence :)
[Wed Aug 4 19:42:13 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc yes, some ambiguity I admit
[Wed Aug 4 19:43:51 2010] : (15) DM: As night is falling, you come across a campsite on the bank of the river that seems to have become a battleground. The corpses of nine of the cultists are scattered around the ashes of a campfire, and there are at least three dozen black-scaled, man-sized reptilian humanoids dead with them.
[Wed Aug 4 19:44:14 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc Nephew better change password and defriend pretty darn quick
[Wed Aug 4 19:44:16 2010] : (15) DM: The reptilians have heavy shields and clubs.
[Wed Aug 4 19:44:41 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd searches the campfire for any clues.
[Wed Aug 4 19:44:47 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "Be very careful"
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:05 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas scouts the perimeter of the camp
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:05 2010] : (15) DM: Survival check please, Zedd.
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:09 2010] : (18) Zedd: Survival: [1d20(11) + 6] = 17
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:19 2010] : (15) DM: Dorcas: Survival from you too.
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:22 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:23 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn looks for tracks leaving the site
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:26 2010] : (19) Keryn: Survival: [1d20(9) + 12] = 21
[Wed Aug 4 19:45:52 2010] : (15) DM: Zedd: the ashes are about a day more recent than those you found at the beach.
[Wed Aug 4 19:46:44 2010] : (15) DM: Keryn and Dorcas find tracks of more reptilians emerging from the river, and tracks of the cultists moving rapidly to the east.
[Wed Aug 4 19:47:05 2010] : (15) DM: Anyone investigating anything else?
[Wed Aug 4 19:47:24 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn looks over the bodies
[Wed Aug 4 19:47:43 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd searches the rest of the campsite.
[Wed Aug 4 19:48:12 2010] : (15) DM: Keryn: heal check please. Zedd: Knowledge Nature
[Wed Aug 4 19:48:14 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc Keryn searches and examines everything!!! ;)
[Wed Aug 4 19:48:18 2010] : (19) Keryn: Heal: [1d20(10) + 5 + 4 + 3] = 22
[Wed Aug 4 19:48:39 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion looks for signs of magic
[Wed Aug 4 19:48:53 2010] : (15) DM: Keryn: the bodies have been dead around two days.
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:03 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc Zedd has no knowledge skills
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:21 2010] : (15) DM: Gwydion: I assume you're using your free Detect Magic spell. You find that there are various lingering spell-trails, all arcane.
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:33 2010] : (15) DM: Zedd: ah.
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:45 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Spellcraft: [1d20(9) + 2 + 4 + 3] = 18
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:48 2010] : (15) DM: Roll an untrained one, please.
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:48 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas follows the tracks to the river and checks to see if other tracks emerge, going a hundred yards in each direction
[Wed Aug 4 19:49:57 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(6) + 5] = 11
[Wed Aug 4 19:50:01 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc can't roll knowledge untrained
[Wed Aug 4 19:50:18 2010] : (15) DM: Gwydion: the magic is too faded to be identifiable. It seems there was nothing world-breaking here.
[Wed Aug 4 19:50:34 2010] : (15) DM: ooc you can too :-p. There's just a maximum DC of what you can make.
[Wed Aug 4 19:50:34 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc hint: you could ask the nature-y person ;)
[Wed Aug 4 19:50:52 2010] : (15) DM: Dorcas: There are no tracks emerging on this side of the river.
[Wed Aug 4 19:50:56 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc fair enouhg - must be new for Pathfinder
[Wed Aug 4 19:51:14 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn sees Zedd looking around the campsite and gives him a hand
[Wed Aug 4 19:51:16 2010] : (18) Zedd: "Keryn, what do you make of this here". Zedd points to whatever it is.
[Wed Aug 4 19:51:22 2010] : (19) Keryn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(20) + 10] = 30
[Wed Aug 4 19:51:27 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc weeeeee
[Wed Aug 4 19:51:34 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc the SRD - Knowledge (Int; Trained Only)
[Wed Aug 4 19:51:47 2010] : (15) DM: ooc lol
[Wed Aug 4 19:52:19 2010] : (15) DM: Keryn is able to identify the reptilians as lizardfolk, though - like the not-wolves - they are black and disfigured by the evil of the island.
[Wed Aug 4 19:52:44 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc unless the DC is less than 10 (in the print at the bottom) ;-)
[Wed Aug 4 19:53:00 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas returns to the others
[Wed Aug 4 19:53:09 2010] : (19) Keryn: "This truely is an evil place"
[Wed Aug 4 19:53:52 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "Those lizards have returned to the river and the survivors here have fled away from it. Are we following them?"
[Wed Aug 4 19:54:01 2010] : (15) DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Aug 4 19:54:05 2010] : (18) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(6) + 6] = 12
[Wed Aug 4 19:54:06 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Aug 4 19:54:06 2010] : (15) DM: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 19:54:21 2010] : (19) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(2) + 5 + 3 + 3] = 13
[Wed Aug 4 19:54:38 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc +11?
[Wed Aug 4 19:55:32 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(9) + 1 + 4 + 3] = 17
[Wed Aug 4 19:55:48 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc high wisdom and training
[Wed Aug 4 19:56:59 2010] : (15) DM: OK. Gwydion hears a rustling in the bushes and can act in the surprise round; the rest of you are surprised.
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:19 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc any further description?
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:23 2010] : (15) DM: Four lizardfolk emerge from the bushes, running forward and hurling javelins.
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:27 2010] : (15) DM: Initiative, please!
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:32 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:33 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 2 + 4] = 21
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:39 2010] : (19) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(19) + 3 + 0] = 22
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:42 2010] : (18) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 4] = 22
[Wed Aug 4 19:57:53 2010] : (15) DM: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17 [1d20(4)] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 19:58:44 2010] : (15) DM: OK, Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Aug 4 20:00:02 2010] : (15) DM: The lizardfolk are all carrying masks; one is wearing the mask, one has it on a necklace, and the other two have the masks strapped to their shields.
[Wed Aug 4 20:00:17 2010] : (15) DM: Apart from that, they are identical to the dead ones around you.
[Wed Aug 4 20:00:17 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +1 competence bonus to attack and damage; +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Aug 4 20:00:24 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:01:01 2010] : (15) DM: [1d20(20) + 8] = 28 [1d6(2) + 4] = 6 A javelin hurtles towards Gwydion.
[Wed Aug 4 20:01:08 2010] : (15) DM: [1d20(5) + 8] = 13 [1d6(1) + 4] = 5 Critical?
[Wed Aug 4 20:01:15 2010] : (15) DM: 6 damage.
[Wed Aug 4 20:02:11 2010] : (15) DM: The others attack as well: [1d20(4) + 1] = 5 [1d6(3) + 1] = 4 [1d20(19) + 1] = 20 [1d6(6) + 1] = 7 [1d20(14) + 1] = 15 [1d6(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:02:16 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Aargh!"
[Wed Aug 4 20:02:33 2010] : (15) DM: Keryn is also hit, taking 7 damage, and needs to roll a fortitude save please.
[Wed Aug 4 20:02:44 2010] : (19) Keryn: Fortitude: [1d20(11) + 3 + 4] = 18
[Wed Aug 4 20:03:23 2010] : (15) DM: Keryn feels something tugging at his strength, but he shakes it off. Keryn?
[Wed Aug 4 20:04:29 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc thinking...
[Wed Aug 4 20:04:43 2010] : (15) DM: ooc np
[Wed Aug 4 20:05:25 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bulls Strength: Level 2 - +4 Strength for 4 minutes
[Wed Aug 4 20:05:31 2010] : (19) Keryn: on Zedd
[Wed Aug 4 20:05:35 2010] : (15) DM: OK
[Wed Aug 4 20:05:41 2010] : (15) DM: Wolfie?
[Wed Aug 4 20:05:59 2010] : (19) Keryn: Wolfie advances a little
[Wed Aug 4 20:06:01 2010] : (19) Keryn: done
[Wed Aug 4 20:06:21 2010] : (15) DM: OK. Zedd's turn.
[Wed Aug 4 20:06:38 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd charges lizardfolk B.
[Wed Aug 4 20:06:42 2010] : (18) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(12) + 10] = 22; Damage: [1d6(5) + 5] = 10
[Wed Aug 4 20:06:54 2010] : (18) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:07:05 2010] : (15) DM: A hit, and the lizard-man staggers under the blow. Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 4 20:08:25 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion moves 30 feet, drawing his sword, then charges C
[Wed Aug 4 20:08:34 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(20) + 9] = 29 Damage: [1d8(1) + 4] = 5 HP.
Critical threat: [1d20(17) + 9] = 26, Damage: [2d8(7,3) + 8] = 18 HP

[Wed Aug 4 20:08:55 2010] : (15) DM: It's a sound blow, and the lizardman is sliced almost in half.
[Wed Aug 4 20:09:04 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:11:11 2010] : (15) DM: [1d20(7) + 9] = 16 [1d8(4) + 4] = 8 The apparent leader of the enemy (A) steps over to Zedd, swinging his club.
[Wed Aug 4 20:12:58 2010] : (18) Zedd: Miss
[Wed Aug 4 20:14:23 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc hello??
[Wed Aug 4 20:14:30 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc still here
[Wed Aug 4 20:14:38 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc is Henry?
[Wed Aug 4 20:14:42 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc I'ts all so quiet ...
[Wed Aug 4 20:15:17 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc shh shh
[Wed Aug 4 20:16:42 2010] : (20) DM (enter): 20:16
[Wed Aug 4 20:16:53 2010] : (20) DM: Booting '(15) DM' from server...
[Wed Aug 4 20:16:54 2010] : (15) DM (exit): 20:16
[Wed Aug 4 20:17:06 2010] : (20) DM: ooc sorry; circuit breaker tripped
[Wed Aug 4 20:17:19 2010] : (20) DM: Right, Zedd, did that attack hit?
[Wed Aug 4 20:17:19 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc bummer
[Wed Aug 4 20:17:28 2010] : (18) Zedd: It missed
[Wed Aug 4 20:17:54 2010] : (20) DM: OK. Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 4 20:18:13 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas loads her bow and shoots at D
[Wed Aug 4 20:18:17 2010] : (16) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(2) + 10] = 12, Damage: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8 HP
[Wed Aug 4 20:18:41 2010] : (20) DM: The arrow glances off the enemy's tough hide.
[Wed Aug 4 20:18:55 2010] : (20) DM: An attack on Zedd, and one on Gwydion.
[Wed Aug 4 20:18:56 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Putting my bow away and done
[Wed Aug 4 20:19:48 2010] : (20) DM: [1d20(17) + 2] = 19 [1d8(6) + 1] = 7 [1d20(17) + 2] = 19 [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Aug 4 20:20:06 2010] : (20) DM: A fortitude save each, please; Zedd takes 7 damage and Gwydion takes 9.
[Wed Aug 4 20:20:20 2010] : (18) Zedd: Fortitude: [1d20(19) + 1 + 4] = 24
[Wed Aug 4 20:20:30 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(5) + 1 + 1] = 7
[Wed Aug 4 20:21:21 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion feels his body weaken, taking 1 point of CON drain.
[Wed Aug 4 20:21:26 2010] : (20) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Aug 4 20:21:30 2010] : (19) Keryn: Wolfie circles round behind B and attacks
[Wed Aug 4 20:21:36 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Constitution: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:21:39 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Aug 4 20:21:55 2010] : (19) Keryn: Summon Natures Ally 1 - Begin: Level 1 - Keryn starts to Summon something...
[Wed Aug 4 20:22:08 2010] : (19) Keryn: actually...
[Wed Aug 4 20:22:12 2010] : (19) Keryn: Summon Natures Ally 2 - Begin: Level 2 - Keryn begins to Summon something
[Wed Aug 4 20:22:13 2010] : (19) Keryn: done
[Wed Aug 4 20:22:24 2010] : (20) DM: The wolf, too, is unable to penetrate the tough skin.
[Wed Aug 4 20:22:26 2010] : (20) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Aug 4 20:23:14 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd attacks B again
[Wed Aug 4 20:23:18 2010] : (17) Gwydion: HP Status: 15 out of 30 (11 out of 26 due to Con damage)
[Wed Aug 4 20:23:19 2010] : (18) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(20) + 10] = 30; Damage: [1d6(3) + 5] = 8; Critical threat? [1d20(4) + 10] = 14; Damage: [8 + 1d6(3) + 5] = 16
[Wed Aug 4 20:23:20 2010] : (18) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(2) + 10] = 12; Damage: [1d8(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:23:30 2010] : (18) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:24:11 2010] : (20) DM: Zedd manages to puncture a vital artery, and the enemy falls. Reacting swiftly, the ranger turns to face the remaining foe - but the shields simply clash together, causing no injury.
[Wed Aug 4 20:24:22 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 4 20:25:23 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion takes a step back
[Wed Aug 4 20:26:00 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion begins talking in Draconic and making humorous gestures
[Wed Aug 4 20:26:02 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Hideous Laughter: Level 1 - Target within 35 feet must pass a DC 16 Will save or fall prone laughing and losing all actions (though not helpless) for 4 rounds. A new save may be attempted each round, and is a full round action.
[Wed Aug 4 20:26:40 2010] : (20) DM: Which target?
[Wed Aug 4 20:27:49 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc sorry
[Wed Aug 4 20:27:51 2010] : (17) Gwydion: D
[Wed Aug 4 20:27:57 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:28:29 2010] : (20) DM: Will save: [1d20(5)] = 5
[Wed Aug 4 20:28:38 2010] : (20) DM: He falls over laughing.
[Wed Aug 4 20:28:38 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc been a little distracted by the conversation with my nephew - he's more important than the game
[Wed Aug 4 20:28:52 2010] : (20) DM: ooc of course :)
[Wed Aug 4 20:28:56 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc what age?
[Wed Aug 4 20:29:23 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc Being an uncle brings responsibilities ;)
[Wed Aug 4 20:29:35 2010] : (20) DM: The standing lizardman swings his club, and bites at Zedd. [1d20(19) + 9] = 28 [1d8(3) + 4] = 7 [1d20(10) + 8] = 18 [1d4(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Aug 4 20:29:52 2010] : (20) DM: 7 damage, and a fortitude save.
[Wed Aug 4 20:30:23 2010] : (18) Zedd: Fortitude: [1d20(13) + 1 + 4] = 18
[Wed Aug 4 20:30:59 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc he's 8 and his Dad (my brother) doesn't seem to care about him, while his mother is a fucking psycho mad bitch who only wants the two of them as bargaining chips for her games
[Wed Aug 4 20:31:26 2010] : (20) DM: Zedd manages to shake off the poison.
[Wed Aug 4 20:31:30 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc It's a good thing he has you, then. Take care of him, please
[Wed Aug 4 20:31:32 2010] : (20) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Aug 4 20:31:38 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc :/
[Wed Aug 4 20:31:54 2010] : (20) DM: ooc sucks :(
[Wed Aug 4 20:31:59 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas draws her rapier and, since D is down, charges at A
[Wed Aug 4 20:32:12 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(19) + 3] = 22, Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4 HP ; Critical threat: [1d20(10) + 3] = 13, Damage: [4 + 2d8(4,1) + 1] = 10 HP
[Wed Aug 4 20:32:27 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:32:55 2010] : (20) DM: The rapier sinks in, and its victim turns, startled, to hiss at Dorcas.
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:02 2010] : (20) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:07 2010] : (20) DM: ooc wooops
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:13 2010] : (20) DM: Will save: [1d20(15)] = 15
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:14 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:22 2010] : (20) DM: D is still down
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:28 2010] : (20) DM: CMB check, please
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:48 2010] : (19) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(1) + 3 + 0] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:33:57 2010] : (20) DM: ooc that's a no :)
[Wed Aug 4 20:34:19 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn summons another wolf
[Wed Aug 4 20:34:33 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: Wolf: [1d20(1) + 3 + 0 + 0] = 4; Damage: [1d6(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Trip
[Wed Aug 4 20:34:50 2010] : (20) DM: That wolf misses; Keryn's turn.
[Wed Aug 4 20:35:06 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: Wolf: [1d20(18) + 3 + 0 + 0] = 21; Damage: [1d6(6) + 2 + 0] = 8 HP and Trip
[Wed Aug 4 20:35:08 2010] : (19) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Aug 4 20:35:10 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn uses the wand on Gwydion
[Wed Aug 4 20:35:21 2010] : (19) Keryn: done
[Wed Aug 4 20:35:40 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Thanks Keryn"
[Wed Aug 4 20:35:43 2010] : (20) DM: OK. Zedd?
[Wed Aug 4 20:36:16 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd steps to one side to distract the lizardfolk leader and attacks.
[Wed Aug 4 20:36:23 2010] : (18) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(14) + 10] = 24; Damage: [1d6(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Aug 4 20:36:24 2010] : (18) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(10) + 10] = 20; Damage: [1d8(8) + 3] = 11
[Wed Aug 4 20:36:31 2010] : (17) Gwydion: HP Status: 24 out of 30 (20 out of 26 due to Con damage)
[Wed Aug 4 20:36:41 2010] : (18) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:36:42 2010] : (20) DM: Two sound hits, and the leader is looking rather battered. Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 4 20:37:16 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion steps forwards and stabs at the prone guy
[Wed Aug 4 20:37:24 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(2) + 9] = 11 Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12 HP.
[Wed Aug 4 20:37:39 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:38:01 2010] : (20) DM: The attack is unsuccessful.
[Wed Aug 4 20:38:07 2010] : (20) DM: The chief turns to attack Dorcas:
[Wed Aug 4 20:38:25 2010] : (20) DM: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24 [1d8(2) + 2] = 4 [1d20(1) + 6] = 7 [1d4(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:38:35 2010] : (20) DM: 4 damage, and a fortitude save.
[Wed Aug 4 20:38:55 2010] : (20) DM: Oh, sorry: I need a fort save from Gwydion, please.
[Wed Aug 4 20:39:39 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(19) + 0 + 1] = 20
[Wed Aug 4 20:40:11 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion, though he can still feel the weakness from the poison, does not suffer further effects for now.
[Wed Aug 4 20:40:19 2010] : (20) DM: Dorcas? (including a save, please)
[Wed Aug 4 20:40:49 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Fortitude: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12
[Wed Aug 4 20:41:03 2010] : (20) DM: Dorcas takes 1 CON drain.
[Wed Aug 4 20:42:08 2010] : (20) DM: Attack rolls?
[Wed Aug 4 20:42:34 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc Oops
[Wed Aug 4 20:42:44 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas jabs at A again
[Wed Aug 4 20:42:50 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(2) + 3] = 5, Damage: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9 HP
[Wed Aug 4 20:42:59 2010] : (20) DM: ... and misses.
[Wed Aug 4 20:43:01 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc And misses miserably
[Wed Aug 4 20:43:03 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:43:06 2010] : (20) DM: Will save: [1d20(17)] = 17
[Wed Aug 4 20:43:20 2010] : (20) DM: The creature rolling around with laughter manages to control himself. Keryn?
[Wed Aug 4 20:43:44 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: Wolf: [1d20(4) + 3 + 2 + 0] = 9; Damage: [1d6(5) + 2 + 0] = 7 HP and Trip
[Wed Aug 4 20:43:48 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(9) + 7] = 16, Damage: [1d8(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Aug 4 20:44:02 2010] : (20) DM: Neither wolf manages to connect.
[Wed Aug 4 20:44:59 2010] : (19) Keryn: on D...
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:07 2010] : (19) Keryn: Sling: [1d20(12) + 3] = 15, Damage: [1d8(2) + 0] = 2
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:17 2010] : (20) DM: That, too, is a miss. Zedd?
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:18 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc /me plugs in the wolf tracer and starts looking at handshake packets. Hmmm.
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:35 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd tries to finish off the leader.
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:37 2010] : (18) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(1) + 10] = 11; Damage: [1d6(1) + 5] = 6
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:38 2010] : (18) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(4) + 10] = 14; Damage: [1d8(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Aug 4 20:45:54 2010] : (18) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:46:02 2010] : (20) DM: Zedd doesn't manage anything. Gwydion?
[Wed Aug 4 20:46:20 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion once again attacks the prone lizard
[Wed Aug 4 20:46:23 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(11) + 9] = 20 Damage: [1d8(4) + 4] = 8 HP.
[Wed Aug 4 20:46:38 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:46:39 2010] : (20) DM: That's a sound hit.
[Wed Aug 4 20:46:45 2010] : (17) Gwydion: 5 ft step
[Wed Aug 4 20:47:01 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc stad up is move equiv :-D
[Wed Aug 4 20:47:05 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc stand
[Wed Aug 4 20:47:18 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:47:22 2010] : (20) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 4 20:50:59 2010] : (20) DM: The leader attacks Dorcas again.
[Wed Aug 4 20:51:07 2010] : (20) DM: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19 [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 [1d20(17) + 6] = 23 [1d4(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:51:20 2010] : (20) DM: 10 damage.
[Wed Aug 4 20:51:47 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "Ouch"
[Wed Aug 4 20:51:51 2010] : (20) DM: I need fort saves from Dorcas and Gwydion, please.
[Wed Aug 4 20:51:59 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Fortitude: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Aug 4 20:52:13 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(3) + 0 + 1] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 20:52:25 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc 3 saves? Ouch
[Wed Aug 4 20:52:37 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc oh, a new attack
[Wed Aug 4 20:52:39 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Fortitude: [1d20(18) + 4] = 22
[Wed Aug 4 20:52:40 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Fortitude: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Aug 4 20:53:19 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion takes 1 CON damage
[Wed Aug 4 20:53:27 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc my mistake, not a new attack on me - 3 saves!
[Wed Aug 4 20:53:30 2010] : (20) DM: Dorcas, your turn
[Wed Aug 4 20:53:53 2010] : (20) DM: ooc poisons do damage until you make a certain number of saves, or until the duration runs out
[Wed Aug 4 20:54:03 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas tries to finish off the lizardman
[Wed Aug 4 20:54:08 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2 HP
[Wed Aug 4 20:54:18 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc And does not succeed
[Wed Aug 4 20:54:20 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:54:32 2010] : (20) DM: OK. Keryn (and the wolves)?
[Wed Aug 4 20:55:16 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: Wolf: [1d20(10) + 3 + 2 + 0] = 15; Damage: [1d6(3) + 2 + 0] = 5 HP and Trip
[Wed Aug 4 20:55:22 2010] : (19) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(14) + 7] = 21, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Aug 4 20:55:28 2010] : (19) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(20) + 0 + 3 + 2 + 0] = 25 vs CMD
[Wed Aug 4 20:55:51 2010] : (19) Keryn: Sling: [1d20(17) + 3] = 20, Damage: [1d8(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Aug 4 20:55:57 2010] : (19) Keryn: on D again
[Wed Aug 4 20:55:57 2010] : (18) Zedd: brb
[Wed Aug 4 20:56:39 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc back
[Wed Aug 4 20:56:42 2010] : (20) DM: ooc I forgot to move D. He stood up and stepped towards Gwydion, and then Keryn killed him.
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:01 2010] : (20) DM: The first wolf misses, but the second drags the leader to the floor.
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:13 2010] : (20) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:18 2010] : (18) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(18) + 10] = 28; Damage: [1d6(6) + 5] = 11; Critical threat? [1d20(9) + 10] = 19; Damage: [11 + 1d6(4) + 5] = 20
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:20 2010] : (18) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(13) + 10] = 23; Damage: [1d8(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:44 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd deftly skewers the leader with his rapier.
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:47 2010] : (20) DM: With a pair of mighty blows, Zedd finishes off the leader.
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:48 2010] : (18) Zedd: Done
[Wed Aug 4 20:57:59 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion, I'm going to need 3 more Fort saves, please.
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:38 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(20) + 0 + 1] = 21
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:40 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(4) + 0 + 1] = 5
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:42 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(6) + 0 + 1] = 7
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:44 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(5) + 0 + 1] = 6
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:45 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 0 + 1] = 10
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:46 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(11) + 0 + 1] = 12
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:47 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(11) + 0 + 1] = 12
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:48 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 0 + 1] = 10
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:49 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(9) + 0 + 1] = 10
[Wed Aug 4 20:58:51 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Fortitude: [1d20(6) + 0 + 1] = 7
[Wed Aug 4 20:59:00 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc keep going??
[Wed Aug 4 20:59:02 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc Stocking up?
[Wed Aug 4 20:59:08 2010] : (20) DM: ooc only 3 :-p
[Wed Aug 4 20:59:19 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc I thought you wanted 3 passed ones
[Wed Aug 4 20:59:31 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion manages to shake off the poison, as does Dorcas, and neither suffers further.
[Wed Aug 4 20:59:49 2010] : (20) DM: ooc no, just 3 more ('cos then it runs out)
[Wed Aug 4 21:00:09 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Huh, I don't feel right. Were their weapons poisoned?"
[Wed Aug 4 21:00:10 2010] : (18) Zedd: Zedd looks around for the crazy man. Where did he get to?
[Wed Aug 4 21:00:42 2010] : (20) DM: The madman spent the fight gibbering near the riverbank, trying to stay as far away from the battle.
[Wed Aug 4 21:00:53 2010] : (20) DM: There are four fresh corpses among the old ones.
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:01 2010] : (19) Keryn: "Anyone injured?"
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:17 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc 14 HP
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:23 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "Yes, I am rather"
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:27 2010] : (16) Dorcas: HP Status: 8 out of 22
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:34 2010] : (19) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(4) + 1] = 5
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:35 2010] : (19) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:36 2010] : (19) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:41 2010] : (19) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:45 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas looks the worse for wear
[Wed Aug 4 21:01:53 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc starting on Zedd
[Wed Aug 4 21:02:25 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc need any more?
[Wed Aug 4 21:02:38 2010] : (17) Gwydion: HP Status: 24 out of 30 (20 out of 26 due to Con damage)
[Wed Aug 4 21:02:42 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc Only 2 down now, so quite alright
[Wed Aug 4 21:02:51 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "I'm a little injured"
[Wed Aug 4 21:03:24 2010] : (19) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds wand: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8
[Wed Aug 4 21:03:45 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Can you look at my wound. i think it may have been poisoned"
[Wed Aug 4 21:03:59 2010] : (19) Keryn: "Lets see"
[Wed Aug 4 21:04:02 2010] : (19) Keryn: Heal: [1d20(1) + 5 + 4 + 3] = 13
[Wed Aug 4 21:04:49 2010] : (19) Keryn: "I'm not sure"
[Wed Aug 4 21:05:32 2010] : (20) DM: Keryn reckons Gwydion is right, but he's not certain.
[Wed Aug 4 21:05:56 2010] : (20) DM: He clumsily pokes the wound, causing Gwydion to yelp.
[Wed Aug 4 21:06:39 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc it's healed up, but maybe still sore
[Wed Aug 4 21:06:54 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc how long does the con dmg last?
[Wed Aug 4 21:07:09 2010] : (20) DM: ooc damage lasts 1 day; drain lasts until cured.
[Wed Aug 4 21:08:29 2010] : (18) Zedd: "We should press on, I don't think we want to linger here."
[Wed Aug 4 21:08:30 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc isn't it healed at 1/day?
[Wed Aug 4 21:08:52 2010] : (20) DM: ooc yes; you only took one damage.
[Wed Aug 4 21:08:58 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc I took 2
[Wed Aug 4 21:09:23 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc so what did you mean by the 'drain lasts til cured' bit?
[Wed Aug 4 21:09:30 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc the last made no stat bonus difference though
[Wed Aug 4 21:10:09 2010] : (20) DM: ooc there was 1 point of drain, 1 point of damage (for Gwydion); 1 point of drain (for Dorcas).
[Wed Aug 4 21:10:10 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "I agree Zedd, this place was not good to me"
[Wed Aug 4 21:10:52 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc really - I never noticed that there was any distinction while playing and assumed both were damage
[Wed Aug 4 21:11:02 2010] : (19) Keryn: "I think I know a spell that will fix you, but I will have to rest to prepare it"
[Wed Aug 4 21:11:04 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc if ever there was a rule to be simplifed it's abilitity drain vs damage.
[Wed Aug 4 21:11:27 2010] : (20) DM: ooc Gwydion's earlier scan of the battlefield found some magic items, but there wasn't time to identify them: some armour, and some potions.
[Wed Aug 4 21:11:41 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc any knowledge skill going to help me with self diagnosis here?
[Wed Aug 4 21:11:57 2010] : (20) DM: ooc ummm. Heal would be closest.
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:02 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Heal: [1d20(3) + 1 + 0] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:28 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc "Ooh, I have two arms and two legs!"
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:32 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc Keryn has access to lesser restoration
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:40 2010] : (20) DM: It's getting late, and the night is drawing in. Are you camping here, or pressing on a bit?
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:42 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas looks at her remaining wound and tries to figure out why she's not feeling better
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:47 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Heal: [1d20(8) + 7] = 15
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:48 2010] : (20) DM: ooc LR won't do it for the drain.
[Wed Aug 4 21:12:54 2010] : (18) Zedd: Not campling next to all these corpses
[Wed Aug 4 21:13:03 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion detects magic and grabs up the magic stuff
[Wed Aug 4 21:13:08 2010] : (20) DM: Dorcas recognises that there's a poison in the wound, and that it's not going to shift easily.
[Wed Aug 4 21:13:20 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas shrugs and examines the bodies
[Wed Aug 4 21:13:48 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion grabs four potions and two suits of armour. Dorcas manages to find a pair of sunrods, and 150gp.
[Wed Aug 4 21:13:55 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "I think I'm poisoned, do we have any kind of antidote?"
[Wed Aug 4 21:14:09 2010] : (20) DM: There's also non-magical armour and some mundane weapons, but I'm assuming you're not interested in those.
[Wed Aug 4 21:14:22 2010] : (16) Dorcas: ooc Not really
[Wed Aug 4 21:15:08 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc unless any look to be made of exotic materials
[Wed Aug 4 21:15:24 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc or look decorative
[Wed Aug 4 21:15:42 2010] : (20) DM: ooc they'll probably still be there on the way out...
[Wed Aug 4 21:15:44 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Me also Dorcas"
[Wed Aug 4 21:16:08 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc isn't there a skill roll to identify a potion??
[Wed Aug 4 21:16:21 2010] : (20) DM: ooc craft: alchemy, IIRC
[Wed Aug 4 21:17:05 2010] : (20) DM: ooc soddit, they're 2 suits of studded leather +1 and the potions are 3x CLW and 1x CMW.
[Wed Aug 4 21:17:52 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc Can do detect poison after resting
[Wed Aug 4 21:17:59 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc I have plenty of CLW potions
[Wed Aug 4 21:18:34 2010] : (20) DM: You head east, upriver and away from the carnage. Soon it's almost too dark to see, and you're forced to make camp for the night.
[Wed Aug 4 21:18:46 2010] : (20) DM: What's the watch order?
[Wed Aug 4 21:19:04 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "I'll take first watch"
[Wed Aug 4 21:19:11 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "If no-one minds"
[Wed Aug 4 21:19:11 2010] : (18) Zedd: "second"
[Wed Aug 4 21:19:13 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "I'll go last"
[Wed Aug 4 21:19:30 2010] : (19) Keryn: "Guess we're third then, Wolfie"
[Wed Aug 4 21:20:00 2010] : (20) DM: [1d4(4)] = 4
[Wed Aug 4 21:20:09 2010] : (20) DM: Perception check from Dorcas, please.
[Wed Aug 4 21:20:09 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn looks over the +1 studded leather for suitability
[Wed Aug 4 21:20:38 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Aug 4 21:20:52 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "I have armour better suited to me already"
[Wed Aug 4 21:21:07 2010] : (20) DM: The night is long and quiet, and no-one sees anything while on watch.
[Wed Aug 4 21:21:20 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "Anybody wants these sunrods?"
[Wed Aug 4 21:21:22 2010] : (20) DM: [4d100(95,94,69,44)] = 302
[Wed Aug 4 21:21:24 2010] : (20) DM: [4d100(70,35,11,23)] = 139
[Wed Aug 4 21:21:59 2010] : (20) DM: The unnatural clouds persist as you march the next day, heading up into the mountains, and some bolts of black lightning crash into the hillside near you.
[Wed Aug 4 21:22:33 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Keryn, if this armour is something you could use, try it on for size"
[Wed Aug 4 21:22:40 2010] : (20) DM: You pass the great black waterfall, steering clear of the dank mist and the dark lake, and the trail winds its way up into the hills.
[Wed Aug 4 21:23:06 2010] : (17) Gwydion: ooc anyone else use studded +1?
[Wed Aug 4 21:23:36 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Aug 4 21:23:47 2010] : (19) Keryn: "Actually I've just realised its no better than what I've got on"
[Wed Aug 4 21:24:29 2010] : (19) Keryn: "I had thought it looked more magical, but alas not"
[Wed Aug 4 21:25:06 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "Better sell it later, then"
[Wed Aug 4 21:25:23 2010] : (20) DM: You march steadily for another whole day, climbing into a wasteland as arid as the coastal swamp was wet.
[Wed Aug 4 21:25:36 2010] : (18) Zedd: ooc I might consider replacing my chainmail +1 with it. For the reduced check penalty.
[Wed Aug 4 21:25:44 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "It's more magical than mine, but mine is made of mithral"
[Wed Aug 4 21:26:37 2010] : (20) DM: Over twenty miles east of the landing, you round yet another corner in the barren hills: and the entrance to Xin-Grafar stands ahead.
[Wed Aug 4 21:27:20 2010] : (19) Keryn: "Its less retrictive than this Hide I'm wearing, but not as protective"
[Wed Aug 4 21:27:28 2010] : (18) Zedd: "I'd like to swap my armor for the leather, it's lighter and more flexible."
[Wed Aug 4 21:27:36 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas checks the ground for tracks of the others while marching along
[Wed Aug 4 21:27:43 2010] : (20) DM: Two enormous stone doors, thirty feet high and each fifteen feet wide, are recessed into the side of the hill in front of you. The left-hand door stands open, a mechanism of stone and metal gears visible along its side.
[Wed Aug 4 21:27:48 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12
[Wed Aug 4 21:28:09 2010] : (20) DM: A firepit smoulders in front of the right-hand door, tiny tendrils of smoke still curling into the air.
[Wed Aug 4 21:28:20 2010] : (20) DM: There are two fresh graves by the firepit.
[Wed Aug 4 21:28:39 2010] : (17) Gwydion: "Someone's been here recently then"
[Wed Aug 4 21:28:40 2010] : (20) DM: Beyond the door, there is only stone and darkness.
[Wed Aug 4 21:29:11 2010] : (19) Keryn: ooc brb
[Wed Aug 4 21:29:30 2010] : (18) Zedd: "We must have caught up with the priests if that fire is still smoldering."
[Wed Aug 4 21:29:32 2010] : (16) Dorcas: "I would NOT like those doors to close and lock behind us"
[Wed Aug 4 21:29:41 2010] : (20) DM: The madman shrieks in fear.
[Wed Aug 4 21:30:30 2010] : (20) DM: "Men with masks are dead and mad in their death and dead in their madness. City in hill is dead, gold and dead, and dead and cold. Cold death and hot death and golden death - all dead, and we are dead and not-dead."
[Wed Aug 4 21:30:39 2010] : (20) DM: Wailing, he runs back down the hill.
[Wed Aug 4 21:31:20 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Dorcas looks at the doors
[Wed Aug 4 21:31:27 2010] : (16) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(3) + 10] = 13
[Wed Aug 4 21:31:59 2010] : (20) DM: Architecture or Engineering might be useful here; possibly History.
[Wed Aug 4 21:32:01 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Detect Magic: Level 0 -
[Wed Aug 4 21:32:17 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Knowledge Engineering: [1d20(3) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 11
[Wed Aug 4 21:32:20 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Knowledge History: [1d20(19) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 27
[Wed Aug 4 21:32:36 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion finds no magic in the doors, but he cannot work out the principles that allow them to operate.
[Wed Aug 4 21:32:43 2010] : (19) Keryn: Knowledge Engineering: [1d20(11) + 2 + 1 + 3] = 17
[Wed Aug 4 21:33:06 2010] : (20) DM: Keryn recognises that it must have something to do with leverage and counterweights.
[Wed Aug 4 21:33:27 2010] : (20) DM: Gwydion knows that this is Xin-Grafar, once the great city of Kestrillon.
[Wed Aug 4 21:33:41 2010] : (19) Keryn: Keryn points to some stuff that may operate the doors
[Wed Aug 4 21:33:51 2010] : (17) Gwydion: Gwydion describes the city from memory
[Wed Aug 4 21:34:12 2010] : (20) DM: Kestrillon was conquered by the Wizard-King Tar-Baphon, who renamed it Xin-Grafar - a mocking homage to the citadel that once guarded the city.
[Wed Aug 4 21:35:19 2010] : (20) DM: The Wizard-King deposited a vast amount of wealth here, securing it with magical traps and undead guardians - and there are stories of a cyclical trap that floods the outer parts of the city with molten gold.
[Wed Aug 4 21:35:53 2010] : (18) Zedd: "Is there a part with can remove from the door that will prevent it closing? A part we can later replace when we need to reseal the city."
[Wed Aug 4 21:35:59 2010] : (20) DM: The city is built in three great concentric circles, each higher than the one outside.
[Wed Aug 4 21:37:28 2010] : (20) DM: GAME END