Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jul 21 19:42:42 2010] : (10) DM: GAME START
[Wed Jul 21 19:43:43 2010] : (10) DM: Four battered and bloodied adventurers have arrived on the shores of the Isle of Terror. It is, perhaps, aptly named - a ghost, screaming horribly, briefly had three of the group fleeing into the dark waters of the great lake.
[Wed Jul 21 19:44:06 2010] : (10) DM: They have made it ashore, however, and are making plans.
[Wed Jul 21 19:44:39 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc did we manage to rest after the ghost?
[Wed Jul 21 19:44:47 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc not that I know of
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:00 2010] : (10) DM: (Late last session, the wolf went scouting - but found a smell that made her flee back to Keryn, tail between her legs.)
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:05 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I think you did not.
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:11 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc I'm fully healed
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:20 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc So am I
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:24 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc liberal application of CLW wand I guess
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:31 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc I think so
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:52 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Shall I scout ahead?"
[Wed Jul 21 19:45:53 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc CLW has 42 charges left
[Wed Jul 21 19:46:15 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Sure, want company?"
[Wed Jul 21 19:46:30 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc was more concerned with spells
[Wed Jul 21 19:47:02 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc I'm OK though
[Wed Jul 21 19:47:18 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc I only used my sphere
[Wed Jul 21 19:47:19 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "I'm not much use scouting
[Wed Jul 21 19:48:00 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Two eyes and ears are better than one. We don't want to stumble into danger."
[Wed Jul 21 19:48:08 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc pairs
[Wed Jul 21 19:48:09 2010] : (8) Keryn: "I'll keep G company"
[Wed Jul 21 19:48:31 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Just don't go anywhere before Zedd and I return"
[Wed Jul 21 19:48:51 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas sets off
[Wed Jul 21 19:48:57 2010] : (9) Zedd: Stealth: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13
[Wed Jul 21 19:49:09 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 9] = 14
[Wed Jul 21 19:49:12 2010] : (9) Zedd: As does Zedd
[Wed Jul 21 19:49:25 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Stealth: [1d20(6) + 9] = 15
[Wed Jul 21 19:49:48 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn and Gwydion staying back, then. The bay is reasonably wide, with the beach sloping gently inland. Coming right down to the shoreline are the ruins of a stone fort, sufficiently old and eroded that only sandblasted walls remain.
[Wed Jul 21 19:50:36 2010] : (10) DM: There's no signs of life, no footprints in the sand - but there's enough of a wind that your own footprints are blowing away as you watch, and within a few minutes you can't see your trail.
[Wed Jul 21 19:50:43 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas keeps an eye out for anything unusual
[Wed Jul 21 19:50:47 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc Gwydio remains frozen in a don't split the party type way
[Wed Jul 21 19:50:55 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:00 2010] : (9) Zedd: We're scouting in the direction the wolf came back from.
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:04 2010] : (9) Zedd: Is that the fort?
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:10 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas and Zedd quickly find a fire-pit, or at least its remains, in what was once part of the fort. It's out of the constant wind, and that's why it's survived.
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:14 2010] : (10) DM: OOC yes, it is.
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:31 2010] : (10) DM: The wolf didn't get out of sight - just up to the edge of the buildings.
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:36 2010] : (9) Zedd: How long ago was it last used?
[Wed Jul 21 19:52:41 2010] : (9) Zedd: Survival: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Jul 21 19:53:30 2010] : (10) DM: The ashes are cold, but haven't been rained on since the fire was burning - knowing the weather around here in general, your best guess is "within the last week, but at least 2 days ago".
[Wed Jul 21 19:54:05 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Hmm"
[Wed Jul 21 19:54:13 2010] : (10) DM: In the same room as the firepit are two recently-dug graves, simple mounds of earth ringed with stones.
[Wed Jul 21 19:54:42 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Some of the priest's party that perished?"
[Wed Jul 21 19:54:43 2010] : (12) Dorcas: How long ago?
[Wed Jul 21 19:54:49 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(11) + 10] = 21
[Wed Jul 21 19:55:05 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Probably. But what might have killed them?"
[Wed Jul 21 19:55:22 2010] : (10) DM: Again, the fresh soil and lack of evidence of rain-damage suggest it was in the last week.
[Wed Jul 21 19:55:44 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc How surprising
[Wed Jul 21 19:55:51 2010] : (10) DM: ooc :-p
[Wed Jul 21 19:55:51 2010] : (9) Zedd: "I'm not digging them up to find out! Let's continue searching."
[Wed Jul 21 19:55:56 2010] : (9) Zedd: Stealth: [1d20(15) + 7] = 22
[Wed Jul 21 19:56:09 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "I wasn't suggesting that, at all"
[Wed Jul 21 19:56:12 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24
[Wed Jul 21 19:56:19 2010] : (10) DM: OOC Can you all send me your character nodes, please?
[Wed Jul 21 19:56:24 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas keeps up with Zedd
[Wed Jul 21 19:56:47 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc Done
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:10 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas takes a good look at the ruins
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:15 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(1) + 10] = 11
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:18 2010] : (10) DM: Ta
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:32 2010] : (10) DM: OOC what type of animal is Fang, again?
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:35 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc Do the ruins count as urban terrain?
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:41 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc A dog
[Wed Jul 21 19:57:50 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no - too old, too ruiny.
[Wed Jul 21 19:58:16 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc Too ruiny? LOL
[Wed Jul 21 19:58:32 2010] : (10) DM: Perception: [1d20(1) + 6] = 7
[Wed Jul 21 19:59:29 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc better than being ruinous
[Wed Jul 21 19:59:37 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Anything else to see here?
[Wed Jul 21 19:59:45 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas and Keryn, in their separate locations, both spot shadowy creatures in the undergrowth. They look like wolves, but not quite the same - it's hard to tell at this stage.
[Wed Jul 21 20:00:24 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "More wolves?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:00:26 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(8) + 10] = 18
[Wed Jul 21 20:00:47 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas doesn't know what they are, but she knows they're not actual wolves.
[Wed Jul 21 20:00:49 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc Dorcas and Zedd surely
[Wed Jul 21 20:00:52 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas approaches the animals, slowly and apprehensively
[Wed Jul 21 20:00:59 2010] : (10) DM: For now, at least, they seem to be watching.
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:10 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no, Dorcas and Keryn - there's more than one batch of wolves
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:35 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc ah
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:41 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc You just said they're not wolves
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:45 2010] : (8) Keryn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(3) + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3] = 13
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:46 2010] : (10) DM: ooc positions are approximate and not really relevant right now
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:52 2010] : (10) DM: ooc they're wolf-like, but not wolves.
[Wed Jul 21 20:01:53 2010] : (9) Zedd: (whispering) "What have you seen?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:02:08 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn isn't even sure whether they're wolves or not.
[Wed Jul 21 20:02:29 2010] : (12) Dorcas: (whispering) "Some animals over there, look a bit like wolves"
[Wed Jul 21 20:02:35 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc if there's some near us do we geta spot check?
[Wed Jul 21 20:02:39 2010] : (10) DM: As Dorcas approaches, the wolves fade away into the jungle. It seems they don't want to be approached.
[Wed Jul 21 20:02:47 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I rolled it for you (*gasp*)
[Wed Jul 21 20:02:57 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I'm having to type extra-fast tonight!
[Wed Jul 21 20:03:00 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc ah :)
[Wed Jul 21 20:03:01 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn points stuff out to Gwydion
[Wed Jul 21 20:03:06 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc You're just like a real DM
[Wed Jul 21 20:03:37 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc /me add "Secret rolls from flexinodes" to bug list
[Wed Jul 21 20:03:48 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "No need to go after them and they don't seem to want to attack us. Better watch out though"
[Wed Jul 21 20:04:32 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc can I try a wild empathy roll?
[Wed Jul 21 20:04:39 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Continue searching? Or return to the others? If there's danger we shouldn't be separated."
[Wed Jul 21 20:04:59 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc if you add a test roller to the design view, that should do it I guess David
[Wed Jul 21 20:05:33 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc test submission box type thing
[Wed Jul 21 20:05:40 2010] : (10) DM: ooc you can try, but you have to be within 30': they're currently about 100' away.
[Wed Jul 21 20:06:16 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn tries to advance on the 'wolves' slowly
[Wed Jul 21 20:06:42 2010] : (10) DM: These ones, too, retreat into the vegetation. It seems they're not keen on you getting too close.
[Wed Jul 21 20:06:49 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "I don't think there is anything more for us to see, might as well go back"
[Wed Jul 21 20:07:05 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Hmmm"
[Wed Jul 21 20:07:22 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps close to Keryn
[Wed Jul 21 20:07:43 2010] : (8) Keryn: "No luck there. I wonder whats got them spooked"
[Wed Jul 21 20:08:04 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "What are they? They looked odd for wolves"
[Wed Jul 21 20:08:18 2010] : (9) Zedd: Zedd heads back
[Wed Jul 21 20:08:31 2010] : (8) Keryn: "I'm not sure"
[Wed Jul 21 20:08:51 2010] : (10) DM: The sand of the beach gives way to forest and jungle rising steeply uphill on the left, while on the right (to the South) is a dark-watered marsh.
[Wed Jul 21 20:08:59 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas goes to join the others
[Wed Jul 21 20:09:07 2010] : (10) DM: Inland, the ground rises gently through long grass.
[Wed Jul 21 20:09:59 2010] : (9) Zedd: Were is the city we're supposed to seal?
[Wed Jul 21 20:10:09 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Not sure I'm keen on marshes"
[Wed Jul 21 20:10:27 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Hopefully not inside the marsh Zedd"
[Wed Jul 21 20:10:39 2010] : (8) Keryn: "That would be typical"
[Wed Jul 21 20:10:43 2010] : (10) DM: You've been told the city is towards the north of the island; the beach you're standing on is in the south-west.
[Wed Jul 21 20:11:00 2010] : (10) DM: The marsh is south of you; beyond it are the cliffs.
[Wed Jul 21 20:11:24 2010] : (10) DM: ooc brown splodge is marsh
[Wed Jul 21 20:11:56 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc do we know where we are on the island is relation to the city?
[Wed Jul 21 20:11:58 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "I'm a city girl myself, although I quite enjoy the wood"
[Wed Jul 21 20:12:01 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc *in
[Wed Jul 21 20:12:02 2010] : (12) Dorcas: woods
[Wed Jul 21 20:12:10 2010] : (9) Zedd: "I suggest we start making our way through the forests, and keep careful watch."
[Wed Jul 21 20:12:53 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Sounds good to me"
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:00 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Zedd and I should probably go in front to scout out the terrain"
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:12 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Agreed"
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:15 2010] : (10) DM: Are you going up the steep hill to the north, in the forest, or up the shallower incline to the east?
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:30 2010] : (11) Gwydion: oc though naturally we'll actually trawl the whole island to grab every last piece of loot, regarless of flavour roleplay ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:31 2010] : (9) Zedd: Steep hill
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:38 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:40 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:50 2010] : (10) DM: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 20:13:54 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc how steep?
[Wed Jul 21 20:14:00 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc got to completely clear the fog of war...
[Wed Jul 21 20:14:12 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 20:14:25 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc so its not just me who's obsessive about that then?
[Wed Jul 21 20:14:37 2010] : (10) DM: Enough that you'll go more slowly than normal, but not so bad you'll need hands to climb it.
[Wed Jul 21 20:14:42 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc leave no tern unstoned
[Wed Jul 21 20:15:03 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "So, the woods then?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:15:43 2010] : (9) Zedd: "It might be useful to take a look from a high vantage point, I say go up the slope."
[Wed Jul 21 20:15:46 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Yes. I'd feel quite at home here if it wasn't so... sinister"
[Wed Jul 21 20:15:50 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Yeah, trees and the like, nice and peaceful"
[Wed Jul 21 20:16:47 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas walks in a straight line towards the hill
[Wed Jul 21 20:17:07 2010] : (10) DM: The forest is silent, deathly quiet, and the going is steep enough to make conversation sporadic. You catch occasional glimpses of the strange not-wolves, but they keep a roughly constant distance.
[Wed Jul 21 20:17:29 2010] : (10) DM: Evening is falling, and it's dark under the trees - at least for the first part of the journey.
[Wed Jul 21 20:17:52 2010] : (10) DM: OOC: Note that I didn't draw that map, and the bits you've actually seen are correctly mapped - but the rest isn't.
[Wed Jul 21 20:17:55 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc can I make a knowledge roll, and if so what?
[Wed Jul 21 20:17:59 2010] : (10) DM: (Or may not be).
[Wed Jul 21 20:18:11 2010] : (10) DM: ooc about what? The not-wolves? If so, it's nature.
[Wed Jul 21 20:18:14 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc for the wolves
[Wed Jul 21 20:18:18 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(3) + 2 + 2 + 0] = 7
[Wed Jul 21 20:18:23 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 21 20:18:28 2010] : (10) DM: ooc you can try :)
[Wed Jul 21 20:18:41 2010] : (8) Keryn: "You know, I've learnt how to change my shape recently. Perhaps as a bird I could get a good overview of the island"
[Wed Jul 21 20:19:10 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc i have no ranks in Nature ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 20:19:32 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Wow, that sounds impressive, though may be better to do so in daylight"
[Wed Jul 21 20:19:36 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "You can turn yourself into a bird?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:19:54 2010] : (8) Keryn: "I think so. I've not really tried it"
[Wed Jul 21 20:19:55 2010] : (10) DM: As you head deeper into the forest, the trees become paler and paler, until you're walking among white trunks and white branches. They make the shadows seem even darker than they would otherwise be.
[Wed Jul 21 20:20:06 2010] : (9) Zedd: "I'd recommend no turning into a pheasant or anything else equally tasty."
[Wed Jul 21 20:20:17 2010] : (8) Keryn: "I'll keep that in mind"
[Wed Jul 21 20:20:19 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "What's with the trees?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:20:20 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "What's with these trees?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:20:23 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(20) + 10] = 30
[Wed Jul 21 20:21:47 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "Wolves that aren't wolves, white trees. There is something seriously wrong with this place"
[Wed Jul 21 20:21:51 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas knows it's something not found anywhere else, and she recalls a couple of obscure rumours about the Whitewood - there's said to be a ruined Azlanti citadel at the heart, but no expeditions have ever returned.
[Wed Jul 21 20:22:24 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas relates what she remembers
[Wed Jul 21 20:22:40 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc how did my wolf react to the not-wolves?
[Wed Jul 21 20:23:34 2010] : (10) DM: As dusk falls, and the light dims, the strange creatures come closer and closer. They're completely black, slightly larger than real wolves, and seem distorted - one has a bulbous, weeping hump on its back, one has a mouth on its flank, and one drools a disgusting black slime.
[Wed Jul 21 20:23:49 2010] : (10) DM: ooc Wolfie was very upset by them.
[Wed Jul 21 20:23:57 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc just looking through the animals I can transform into - there is a fan submitted Dire Corgi!
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:11 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:12 2010] : (10) DM: ooc fans...
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:27 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc Does it wear a crown?
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:29 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:34 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Are they wolves disfigured by magic? Gwydion, what do you think?"
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:43 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Knowledge Arcana: [1d20(13) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 21
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:43 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc Halfling riding dogs apparently
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:46 2010] : (10) DM: The things are snarling, and it looks like they're begiining to think of you as dinner
[Wed Jul 21 20:24:57 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Hmm, let me tink about that"
[Wed Jul 21 20:25:06 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas just stares at the animals, but then gets her bow out
[Wed Jul 21 20:25:08 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc close enough for Wild Empathy?
[Wed Jul 21 20:25:15 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion knows that it's not wizardly or sorcerous magic, but something stranger and more powerful.
[Wed Jul 21 20:25:33 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes, but remember it takes 1 minute...
[Wed Jul 21 20:25:34 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc Sellafield?
[Wed Jul 21 20:25:37 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "It's an odd kind of magic"
[Wed Jul 21 20:26:17 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc distance?
[Wed Jul 21 20:26:18 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Powerful, not any kind that I know of though"
[Wed Jul 21 20:26:22 2010] : (9) Zedd: "I do not like this." says Zedd readiing his rapier.
[Wed Jul 21 20:26:47 2010] : (10) DM: ooc the nearest one is about 50ft away
[Wed Jul 21 20:26:59 2010] : (12) Dorcas: "It looks like it's 'kill or be eaten' time, and I don't fancy being eaten"
[Wed Jul 21 20:27:02 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc something seems to have changed! That was working
[Wed Jul 21 20:27:16 2010] : (10) DM: If you take positions, I'll mark theirs.
[Wed Jul 21 20:27:17 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc What was?
[Wed Jul 21 20:27:23 2010] : (10) DM: There's two east, two west.
[Wed Jul 21 20:27:34 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc I had a node error
[Wed Jul 21 20:28:37 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Mirror Image: Level 2 - Produces 3 images that share my square (max 8). Near miss = 13
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:07 2010] : ** (11) Gwydion found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:23 2010] : (10) DM: The creatures begin bounding forward. Initiative, please!
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:28 2010] : (9) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 4] = 19
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:29 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc can I get a marker for my wolf please?
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:32 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 2 + 4] = 22
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:38 2010] : (8) Keryn: Initiative
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:39 2010] : (8) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 3 + 0] = 18
[Wed Jul 21 20:29:42 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(13) + 3] = 16
[Wed Jul 21 20:30:24 2010] : (10) DM: ooc could someone provide a wolf, please?
[Wed Jul 21 20:30:37 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc what's your wolf's name?
[Wed Jul 21 20:30:38 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jul 21 20:30:42 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc I really should take a copy of it
[Wed Jul 21 20:30:42 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +1 competence bonus to attack and damage; +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Jul 21 20:30:52 2010] : (10) DM: You cast Mirror Image before combat began.
[Wed Jul 21 20:31:14 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion draws his sword in readiness
[Wed Jul 21 20:31:19 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jul 21 20:31:26 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Jul 21 20:31:32 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc yes - it lasts minutes so I did it pre-emptively
[Wed Jul 21 20:32:06 2010] : (9) Zedd: Zedd readies a javelin to throw at the first wolf to come in range.
[Wed Jul 21 20:32:27 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Jul 21 20:32:36 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc I can't move my miniature
[Wed Jul 21 20:32:45 2010] : (10) DM: ooc that's odd
[Wed Jul 21 20:32:55 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no it's not, you're on whiteboard
[Wed Jul 21 20:33:23 2010] : (8) Keryn: Entangle: Level 1 - Plants entangle everyone in 40ft radius for 1 minute. (Difficult terrain) DC [10 + 1 + 5] = 16 Reflex save or be entangled.
If entangled :DC [10 + 1 + 5] = 16 Strength or Escape artist

[Wed Jul 21 20:33:29 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc I know that, but I can do more there than I can on Miniatures, ATM
[Wed Jul 21 20:33:54 2010] : (10) DM: ooc odd...
[Wed Jul 21 20:34:03 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc centred to just get B at its far edge
[Wed Jul 21 20:34:10 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc drag it H
[Wed Jul 21 20:34:20 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc it's not click then click any more
[Wed Jul 21 20:34:32 2010] : (10) DM: A and B, respectively: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13[1d20(14) + 5] = 19
[Wed Jul 21 20:34:35 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc That was what I was doing, but it won't work
[Wed Jul 21 20:34:43 2010] : (10) DM: A is entangled, but B manages to slip through.
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:03 2010] : (10) DM: ooc just tell me what moves you want to do for this combat.
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:04 2010] : (8) Keryn: done
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:08 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:27 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas loads her bow and aims at C
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:31 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc where's the spell effect area bert?
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:36 2010] : (12) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(2) + 10] = 12, Damage: [1d8(2) + 1] = 3 HP
[Wed Jul 21 20:35:49 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jul 21 20:36:05 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc ty
[Wed Jul 21 20:36:20 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc that's a 20' radius ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 20:36:24 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc 40ft radius
[Wed Jul 21 20:36:27 2010] : (10) DM: The arrow flies off into the gloom, and the things bound forward.
[Wed Jul 21 20:36:29 2010] : (10) DM: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 21 20:36:46 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc thats quite a big area
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:03 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc that'll do
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:07 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc can we pause - Freya is a wake still and I want to check her nappy just in case
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:08 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes, I'm going to be generous and assume you didn't splat the party!
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:22 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc you get all the good jobs! :P
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:27 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc BRB
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:27 2010] : (10) DM: Strength check: [1d20(9) + 1] = 10
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:29 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jul 21 20:37:59 2010] : (10) DM: While one of the creatures struggles with the vegetation, the others bound forwards.
[Wed Jul 21 20:38:41 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc back - no issues (literally)
[Wed Jul 21 20:38:48 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd gets his readied attack as C moves into range.
[Wed Jul 21 20:39:23 2010] : (9) Zedd: Javelin: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26; Damage: [1d6(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jul 21 20:39:46 2010] : (10) DM: It's a solid hit
[Wed Jul 21 20:40:40 2010] : (10) DM: I need each of you to make two will saves, please, as the creatures approach. A feeling of vague, nonspecific dread is gnawing at your minds.
[Wed Jul 21 20:40:51 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(9) + 1 + 4] = 14
[Wed Jul 21 20:40:52 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(15) + 1 + 4] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:01 2010] : (9) Zedd: Will: [1d20(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:01 2010] : (9) Zedd: Will: [1d20(13) + 0] = 13
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:15 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(3) + 5 + 4] = 12
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:16 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(15) + 5 + 4] = 24
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:42 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Will: [1d20(20) + 4] = 24
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:43 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Will: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:47 2010] : (8) Keryn: Wolf saves...
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:48 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(10) + 1 + 1] = 12
[Wed Jul 21 20:41:49 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(11) + 1 + 1] = 13
[Wed Jul 21 20:42:47 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd succumbs to the fear, and is Frightened for [1d6(3)] = 3 rounds.
[Wed Jul 21 20:42:52 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jul 21 20:43:17 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion attacks D
[Wed Jul 21 20:43:20 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(5) + 9] = 14 Damage: [1d8(1) + 4] = 5 HP.
[Wed Jul 21 20:44:03 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jul 21 20:44:33 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc sustaining bard song until deactivated (or forced to)
[Wed Jul 21 20:44:41 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc I know I have rubbish will saves but this is now 3 out of the last 4 fights were I've been made helpless.
[Wed Jul 21 20:44:45 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd? You must flee unless cornered.
[Wed Jul 21 20:45:00 2010] : (10) DM: ooc There'll be some non-will-save stuff soon!
[Wed Jul 21 20:45:01 2010] : (9) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jul 21 20:45:03 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn?
[Wed Jul 21 20:45:49 2010] : (10) DM: ooc rubbish will saves and rubbish dice on them, I think
[Wed Jul 21 20:45:51 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn waits for the nearest wolf to exit the tangles
[Wed Jul 21 20:45:55 2010] : (8) Keryn: ie hold til then
[Wed Jul 21 20:46:35 2010] : (10) DM: OK
[Wed Jul 21 20:46:37 2010] : (10) DM: Wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 20:46:41 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc did I hit?
[Wed Jul 21 20:46:52 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes, sorry. Forgot to mention!
[Wed Jul 21 20:47:00 2010] : (8) Keryn: Wolf does the same
[Wed Jul 21 20:47:09 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc NP
[Wed Jul 21 20:47:09 2010] : (10) DM: The sword opens a gash in the wolf's side, and black fluid pours out. Dorcas?
[Wed Jul 21 20:47:44 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Dorcas drops her bow and gets her rapier. She attacks C
[Wed Jul 21 20:47:49 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Rapier: [1d20(18) + 1] = 19, Damage: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8 HP ; Critical threat: [1d20(7) + 1] = 8, Damage: [8 + 2d8(2,5) + 1] = 16 HP
[Wed Jul 21 20:47:59 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jul 21 20:48:32 2010] : (10) DM: It's a sound hit, and the beast was sufficiently injured by Zedd's javelin that it collapses.
[Wed Jul 21 20:48:54 2010] : (10) DM: [1d20(14) + 1] = 15 (for A) [1d20(20) + 5] = 25 (for B)
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:30 2010] : (10) DM: I need another will save from all except Zedd, please.
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:36 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(3) + 1 + 4] = 8
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:37 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(15) + 1 + 4] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:38 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(11) + 5 + 4] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:39 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(8) + 5 + 4] = 17
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:44 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(18) + 1 + 1] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:44 2010] : (8) Keryn: Will: [1d20(8) + 1 + 1] = 10
[Wed Jul 21 20:49:45 2010] : (10) DM: ooc only one!
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:00 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc oh, 8 then
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:01 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc take 1st and 3rd then for K and the Wolf
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:11 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Will: [1d20(4) + 4] = 8
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:18 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn and the Wolf both get their attacks against B
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:28 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas and Gwydion are now frightened.
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:35 2010] : (8) Keryn: MW Scimitar: [1d20(19) + 6] = 25, Damage: [1d8(2) + 0] = 2; Critical threat: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23, Damage: [2 + 1d8(7) + 0] = 9
[Wed Jul 21 20:50:47 2010] : (8) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(12) + 7] = 19, Damage: [1d8(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jul 21 20:51:16 2010] : (10) DM: The druid and his companion manage to slay another of the unnatural animals.
[Wed Jul 21 20:51:23 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion stops performing. Bardsong effect ends.
[Wed Jul 21 20:51:29 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc I keep getting error messages about missing file (tmp41bau_.png) for some reason. I'm going now to restart OpenRPG
[Wed Jul 21 20:51:48 2010] : (10) DM: D attacks Gwydion: [1d20(17) + 2] = 19 [1d6(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Jul 21 20:51:59 2010] : (12) Dorcas: ooc BRB
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:04 2010] : (12) Dorcas: Good night and sweet dreams
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:04 2010] : (12) Dorcas (exit): 20:52
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:05 2010] : (11) Gwydion: [1d4(3)] = 3
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:09 2010] : (10) DM: [1d20(8) + 2] = 10: Trip
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:12 2010] : (11) Gwydion: HIts an image
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:41 2010] : (13) Dorcas (enter): 20:52
[Wed Jul 21 20:52:48 2010] : (10) DM: The thing sinks its teeth into Gwydion's mirror image, pulls, and is surprised by the lack of resistance.
[Wed Jul 21 20:53:30 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion's turn, and the enemy gets an AoO as he flees: [1d20(17) + 2] = 19 [1d6(1) + 1] = 2 [1d20(10) + 2] = 12
[Wed Jul 21 20:53:56 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc oddly enough picking Freya up and checking her, then simply putting her back down and putting her duvet on seems to have settled her off
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:14 2010] : (10) DM: OOC: Gwydion is frightened for [1d6(3)] = 3 rounds and Dorcas for [1d6(3)] = 3
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:14 2010] : (11) Gwydion: [1d3(3)] = 3
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:21 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Sometimes all they need is a bit of attention :)
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:24 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc bloody women always just want some attention ;)
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:26 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:30 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd nex
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:40 2010] : (9) Zedd: Run some more?
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:43 2010] : (11) Gwydion: The wolf takes another image as Gwydion flees
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:46 2010] : (10) DM: (You can't be cornered by the edge of the map ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 20:54:58 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc infinite map is on my list
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:00 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas next, and she's also in flight
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:09 2010] : (10) DM: ooc it's also non-trivial, I'd have though
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:10 2010] : (10) DM: t
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:26 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn, and the Wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:45 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas flees, not even bothering to pick up her bow
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:48 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I should do a "Most Valuable Player" award for each combat :-)
[Wed Jul 21 20:55:58 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc can we both move, and then both attack?
[Wed Jul 21 20:56:09 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 21 20:56:15 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc thnking of flanking with both attacks
[Wed Jul 21 20:56:18 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I'm going to be sensible about initiative
[Wed Jul 21 20:56:45 2010] : (8) Keryn: MW Scimitar: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21, Damage: [1d8(2) + 0] = 2
[Wed Jul 21 20:56:50 2010] : (8) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(20) + 9] = 29, Damage: [1d8(7) + 1] = 8; Critical threat: [1d20(1) + 9] = 10, Damage: [8 + 1d8(6) + 1] = 15
[Wed Jul 21 20:57:01 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Why? Where's the fun in being sensible?
[Wed Jul 21 20:57:12 2010] : (8) Keryn: Done
[Wed Jul 21 20:57:20 2010] : (10) DM: ooc trip check for the wolf, please
[Wed Jul 21 20:57:32 2010] : (10) DM: ooc never mind, the thing's dead
[Wed Jul 21 20:57:37 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 20:57:39 2010] : (10) DM: [1d20(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Jul 21 20:58:16 2010] : (10) DM: The remaining beast fails to make it out of the vegetation, and Gwydion, Zedd and Dorcas flee some more. Keryn & Wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 20:59:33 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc can I dismiss the spell?
[Wed Jul 21 20:59:44 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 21 21:00:01 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I'll look it up later but we're not waiting while I do my research
[Wed Jul 21 21:00:02 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Why would you want to do that?
[Wed Jul 21 21:00:23 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn and the wolf advance through the vegetation
[Wed Jul 21 21:00:28 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc just checking
[Wed Jul 21 21:00:54 2010] : (8) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(15) + 3 + 1] = 19
[Wed Jul 21 21:01:00 2010] : (8) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(5) + 2 + 4] = 11
[Wed Jul 21 21:01:04 2010] : (10) DM: ooc it's a standard action that provokes no AoO.
[Wed Jul 21 21:01:11 2010] : (10) DM: The wolf is snagged by the twisting vines.
[Wed Jul 21 21:01:14 2010] : (10) DM: [1d20(19) + 1] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 21:01:44 2010] : (10) DM: The last beast breaks free, and moves as fast as it can towards Keryn.
[Wed Jul 21 21:02:04 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd has recovered from his fear, and is free to act.
[Wed Jul 21 21:02:49 2010] : (9) Zedd: I start running back, it will take me 3 rounds I guess.
[Wed Jul 21 21:02:53 2010] : (9) Zedd: done
[Wed Jul 21 21:03:01 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn & Wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 21:03:07 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc how many rounds was my fear effect for?
[Wed Jul 21 21:03:15 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc did the not-wolf move to my wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 21:03:50 2010] : (10) DM: ooc 3 rounds, and no - the text was correct, not the map
[Wed Jul 21 21:04:18 2010] : (8) Keryn: Reflex save from wolf...
[Wed Jul 21 21:04:19 2010] : (8) Keryn: Reflex: [1d20(17) + 2 + 4] = 23
[Wed Jul 21 21:04:34 2010] : (10) DM: ooc it's a strength check now, but that's a good enough roll anyway
[Wed Jul 21 21:04:46 2010] : (8) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12, Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Jul 21 21:04:58 2010] : (10) DM: ooc does that include flanking?
[Wed Jul 21 21:05:08 2010] : (8) Keryn: MW Scimitar: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21, Damage: [1d8(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Jul 21 21:05:11 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc yes
[Wed Jul 21 21:05:39 2010] : (10) DM: Though the wolf fails to get a grip on its foe, Keryn manages to take a slice through its shoulder.
[Wed Jul 21 21:05:53 2010] : (10) DM: [1d20(10) + 2] = 12 [1d6(3) + 1] = 4 [1d20(12) + 2] = 14
[Wed Jul 21 21:06:19 2010] : (10) DM: The beast lunges at Keryn, but he defends himself as Zedd comes running back into the area.
[Wed Jul 21 21:06:48 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn and Wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 21:07:05 2010] : (8) Keryn: MW Scimitar: [1d20(9) + 8] = 17, Damage: [1d8(3) + 0] = 3
[Wed Jul 21 21:07:08 2010] : (8) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12, Damage: [1d8(1) + 1] = 2
[Wed Jul 21 21:07:41 2010] : (10) DM: Once again, the wolf only serves as a distraction.
[Wed Jul 21 21:07:43 2010] : (10) DM: [1d20(12) + 2] = 14 [1d6(6) + 1] = 7 [1d20(10) + 2] = 12
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:05 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn's defence is getting more desperate, as Zedd keeps running back.
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:07 2010] : (10) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:15 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc Is B alive?
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:19 2010] : (10) DM: (Gwydion and Dorcas have turned around and are no longer frightened)
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:21 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc I mean D
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:25 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:40 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Oh, hell!"
[Wed Jul 21 21:08:59 2010] : (9) Zedd: Too far to charge just running closer.
[Wed Jul 21 21:09:15 2010] : (9) Zedd: done
[Wed Jul 21 21:09:25 2010] : (10) DM: OK. Keryn, Wolf?
[Wed Jul 21 21:09:27 2010] : (8) Keryn: Bite: [1d20(4) + 9] = 13, Damage: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Jul 21 21:09:31 2010] : (8) Keryn: MW Scimitar: [1d20(7) + 8] = 15, Damage: [1d8(8) + 0] = 8
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:04 2010] : (10) DM: Keryn's sword cuts down one last time, and the strange creature falls into a heap at his feet.
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:12 2010] : (10) DM: combat over
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:19 2010] : (10) DM: (and 400xp each)
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:27 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn turns around
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:32 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Oh, hi Zedd"
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:55 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion returns looking sheepish once again
[Wed Jul 21 21:10:58 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Nasty things these"
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:16 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "So what are they?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:20 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn gives his wolf a good rub on the head
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:21 2010] : (9) Zedd: Zedd looks around. "Well done, there Keryn!"
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:33 2010] : (10) DM: The closer encounter has given you enough further information for a retry on your Nature rolls.
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:37 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Good girl"
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:43 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(9) + 10] = 19
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:45 2010] : (8) Keryn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(8) + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3] = 18
[Wed Jul 21 21:11:46 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(16) + 2 + 2 + 0] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 21:12:25 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas looks sheepishly as she returns and retrieves her bow
[Wed Jul 21 21:13:06 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion remembers some mention of "Terror Wolves", but it's the sort of thing you hear in children's stories: they're twelve foot tall, apparently, black as the night, and they suck the life out of everything they encounter.
[Wed Jul 21 21:13:12 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn gives the others some good natured ribbing about being fearless warriors etc
[Wed Jul 21 21:13:35 2010] : (10) DM: It's close enough to be a distorted description of these things, but not close enough to be useful.
[Wed Jul 21 21:13:40 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion recounts with a suitable bardic flourish
[Wed Jul 21 21:14:00 2010] : (9) Zedd: "12 feet tall? Yep, that's what they were."
[Wed Jul 21 21:14:06 2010] : (8) Keryn: "I know tales change and grow as they get spread around, but 12ft tall??"
[Wed Jul 21 21:14:36 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Naturally there's always an element of boast or exaggeration in folk tales"
[Wed Jul 21 21:14:37 2010] : (9) Zedd: "It's now I'll be telling the story down the pub."
[Wed Jul 21 21:14:37 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "And sucking the life out?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:15:05 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Well, maybe if one of us had fallen we'd have seen more of that?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:15:16 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Perhaps, Gwydion"
[Wed Jul 21 21:15:19 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Don't forget the glowing red eyes and the fire from their mouths"
[Wed Jul 21 21:15:37 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Speaking of which, was anyone injured beyond their pride?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:15:47 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Look, I just repeat what I've picked up"
[Wed Jul 21 21:15:54 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "No need for sacrcasm"
[Wed Jul 21 21:16:03 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc or sarcasm either
[Wed Jul 21 21:16:30 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "I'm OK, they hit my images"
[Wed Jul 21 21:16:58 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Nice spell, that"
[Wed Jul 21 21:17:34 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "I think I ran too hard for them to ever hit me"
[Wed Jul 21 21:18:15 2010] : (9) Zedd: What time is it now, DM?
[Wed Jul 21 21:18:25 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Yes, comes in useful seeing as I tend to favour my sword rather than my bow"
[Wed Jul 21 21:18:30 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc there is a text tool
[Wed Jul 21 21:18:54 2010] : (10) DM: It's now late evening - dusk is coming fast, and it's soon going to be too dark even for the elf.
[Wed Jul 21 21:18:59 2010] : (10) DM: Perception checks, please.
[Wed Jul 21 21:19:03 2010] : (9) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(17) + 6] = 23
[Wed Jul 21 21:19:07 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(6) + 1 + 4 + 3] = 14
[Wed Jul 21 21:19:17 2010] : (8) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(19) + 5 + 3 + 3] = 30
[Wed Jul 21 21:19:43 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(15) + 10] = 25
[Wed Jul 21 21:19:54 2010] : (10) DM: And some survival checks, too.
[Wed Jul 21 21:19:59 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(15) + 10] = 25
[Wed Jul 21 21:20:13 2010] : (9) Zedd: Survival: [1d20(7) + 6] = 13
[Wed Jul 21 21:20:23 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Better make camp before it gets too dark"
[Wed Jul 21 21:20:33 2010] : (8) Keryn: Survival: [1d20(3) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3] = 15
[Wed Jul 21 21:20:59 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Survival: [1d20(14) + 1 + 0] = 15
[Wed Jul 21 21:21:07 2010] : (10) DM: You notice that the sky seems lower over the island, almost like a ceiling.
[Wed Jul 21 21:21:38 2010] : (10) DM: Dorcas believes you're near the F in FOREST; the men are all claiming it's much closer to the T.
[Wed Jul 21 21:22:03 2010] : (10) DM: ooc A natural 1 would mean you thought you were in the middle of the lake ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 21:22:37 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "See they sky? That looks weird"
[Wed Jul 21 21:22:42 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc I can't visualize what you mean by the low sky
[Wed Jul 21 21:23:55 2010] : (10) DM: ooc you know what it's like when there's a really big thunderstorm coming? Like that, but flatter and more featureless.
[Wed Jul 21 21:24:29 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc ah, okay, is it spreading out from somewhere?
[Wed Jul 21 21:24:39 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc I'm just thinking of the ceiling in the Venetian in Vegas - like sky, but ceiling - but just slightly the other way ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 21:24:44 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no, it's just there all over
[Wed Jul 21 21:24:59 2010] : (10) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Jul 21 21:25:32 2010] : (10) DM: ooc back
[Wed Jul 21 21:25:37 2010] : (8) Keryn: "This is the most unnatural, natural place I've ever seen"
[Wed Jul 21 21:25:49 2010] : (9) Zedd: "I do not like this place at all."
[Wed Jul 21 21:25:51 2010] : (13) Dorcas: ooc Is this Hogswarts?
[Wed Jul 21 21:26:15 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Let's do what we need to do and go home"
[Wed Jul 21 21:26:23 2010] : (10) DM: Somewhere off in the forest, there's a thunderclap - but there was no flash of lightning first.
[Wed Jul 21 21:26:35 2010] : (10) DM: HP Status: 27 out of 30
[Wed Jul 21 21:26:49 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "I feel like the proverbial chicked who thought that the sky was falling on his head"
[Wed Jul 21 21:26:50 2010] : (10) DM: ooc oops
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:00 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc that's my node ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:15 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yeah
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:17 2010] : (9) Zedd: "We need to find a place to camp for the night."
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:39 2010] : (10) DM: Survival and Nature from those searching, please
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:43 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Well, forgive me, but that's totally outside my demesne"
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:43 2010] : (9) Zedd: Survival: [1d20(4) + 6] = 10
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:49 2010] : (8) Keryn: Survival: [1d20(16) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3] = 28
[Wed Jul 21 21:27:54 2010] : (8) Keryn: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(17) + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3] = 27
[Wed Jul 21 21:28:07 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Over there, I think"
[Wed Jul 21 21:28:24 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Survival: [1d20(11) + 10] = 21
[Wed Jul 21 21:28:27 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(6) + 10] = 16
[Wed Jul 21 21:28:46 2010] : (10) DM: Between you, you find a satisfactory site for a camp, and pitch your tents.
[Wed Jul 21 21:28:46 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Sure, that looks alright"
[Wed Jul 21 21:30:35 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Excellent."
[Wed Jul 21 21:30:36 2010] : (10) DM: A cold, dark wind blows across the island all night, but it is otherwise uneventful. You awake refreshed, still alive, and with a decision to make: which way?
[Wed Jul 21 21:31:14 2010] : (9) Zedd: "We should press on towards the city."
[Wed Jul 21 21:31:22 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Agreed"
[Wed Jul 21 21:31:55 2010] : (10) DM: ooc remember you've just been told the city is "north"
[Wed Jul 21 21:32:36 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Well, it should be more or less that way"
[Wed Jul 21 21:32:47 2010] : (11) Gwydion: HP Status: 30 out of 30
[Wed Jul 21 21:32:52 2010] : (13) Dorcas: Dorcas points North
[Wed Jul 21 21:33:37 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc hopefull North-East ;-) north of the F is lake
[Wed Jul 21 21:33:41 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Lets keep going North. If we start to run out of island I'll have a look from the sky, unless you think it'd be a good idea now?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:34:24 2010] : (10) DM: ooc you travelled about 12 miles yesterday evening. The bay is about 6 miles across.
[Wed Jul 21 21:34:29 2010] : (10) DM: ooc it's a big island!
[Wed Jul 21 21:35:21 2010] : (10) DM: ooc Which direction are you going?
[Wed Jul 21 21:35:29 2010] : (13) Dorcas: "Maybe you'd better take a look now, so we know where we're going"
[Wed Jul 21 21:35:54 2010] : (10) DM: ooc the red line is your path so far, more-or-less.
[Wed Jul 21 21:36:13 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Ok then"
[Wed Jul 21 21:36:41 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn closes his eyes concentrates
[Wed Jul 21 21:36:53 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn transforms into an Eagle: Fortitude Save [1d20(11) + 3] = 14
[Wed Jul 21 21:37:05 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc didn't think that would work in that way
[Wed Jul 21 21:37:26 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keyn changes into an eagle and fly upward
[Wed Jul 21 21:37:58 2010] : (10) DM: ooc lol
[Wed Jul 21 21:38:33 2010] : (10) DM: Though there are no thermals, the great bird manages to climb, slowly, laboriously. He sees the island spread out before him.
[Wed Jul 21 21:38:49 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I'm out of map space. Oops.
[Wed Jul 21 21:39:14 2010] : (10) DM: ooc new rough map approaching
[Wed Jul 21 21:41:28 2010] : (10) DM: ooc woo!
[Wed Jul 21 21:41:41 2010] : (10) DM: ooc orange is empty plain; grey is mountain/cliff
[Wed Jul 21 21:41:57 2010] : (10) DM: green is forest, brown is swamp, blue is lake/river
[Wed Jul 21 21:42:07 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc where's the city?
[Wed Jul 21 21:43:52 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc the grey in our path - do we have to up or down or both?
[Wed Jul 21 21:44:13 2010] : (10) DM: The city is not visible from the air - but in the centre of the mountain range is what looks like a sunlit valley, despite all the clouds around. At the heart of the valley is something black, vast and disturbing.
[Wed Jul 21 21:44:32 2010] : (10) DM: The range across the forest is a great cliff. Keryn can't tell how close to the coast it gets.
[Wed Jul 21 21:45:54 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Head for the valley?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:46:00 2010] : (10) DM: The northern region appears to be a shimmering, black illusion - no light enters or leaves it.
[Wed Jul 21 21:46:17 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Or the northern region?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:46:45 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc which looks to be the easiest?
[Wed Jul 21 21:47:11 2010] : (10) DM: The river cascades over the cliffs into the lake, producing a vast plume of black mist. The cliffs are several hundred feet high, perhaps even 1000.
[Wed Jul 21 21:47:31 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "It's difficult to guess based o Keryn's description"
[Wed Jul 21 21:47:41 2010] : (10) DM: The cliffs are definitely passable at the SE end, but possibly not at the NW.
[Wed Jul 21 21:47:42 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Knowledge Geography: [1d20(14) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3] = 22
[Wed Jul 21 21:47:45 2010] : (10) DM: The NW is uncertain.
[Wed Jul 21 21:48:18 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Sorry, I couldn't give a better description, but this is a big island, and ... very odd"
[Wed Jul 21 21:48:20 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion knows that, on any normal island, it would probably be possible to go around either end - but this is not a normal island.
[Wed Jul 21 21:48:49 2010] : (10) DM: Actually, I'm going to give you 100xp each for creative problem-solving - there's nothing in the book about "we explore from the air".
[Wed Jul 21 21:49:05 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Lets keep heading north until we hit the mountains, then see what we think"
[Wed Jul 21 21:49:27 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Ok"
[Wed Jul 21 21:49:56 2010] : (14) Dorcas (enter): 21:49
[Wed Jul 21 21:49:58 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "It's a plan at least"
[Wed Jul 21 21:50:17 2010] : (10) DM: ooc WB H. How much did you miss?
[Wed Jul 21 21:50:43 2010] : (14) Dorcas: ooc I saw a bird fly off and then my connection just died
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:01 2010] : (10) DM: ooc you missed me typing a whole bunch about the map then.
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:07 2010] : (8) Keryn: ooc the orange, green thing is a 'map' of the island
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:08 2010] : (10) DM: ooc orange is empty plain; grey is mountain/cliff
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:17 2010] : (10) DM: ooc 'map' to you too :-p
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:25 2010] : (10) DM: green is forest, brown is swamp, blue is lake/river
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:36 2010] : (10) DM: The city is not visible from the air - but in the centre of the mountain range is what looks like a sunlit valley, despite all the clouds around. At the heart of the valley is something black, vast and disturbing.
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:46 2010] : (10) DM: The range across the forest is a great cliff. Keryn can't tell how close to the coast it gets.
[Wed Jul 21 21:51:51 2010] : (10) DM: The river cascades over the cliffs into the lake, producing a vast plume of black mist. The cliffs are several hundred feet high, perhaps even 1000.
[Wed Jul 21 21:52:00 2010] : (10) DM: The northern region appears to be a shimmering, black illusion - no light enters or leaves it.
[Wed Jul 21 21:52:35 2010] : (14) Dorcas: ooc Ooh, a black hole!
[Wed Jul 21 21:53:22 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc and we got 100xp for aerial exploration
[Wed Jul 21 21:53:25 2010] : (10) DM: ooc the plan suggested was to head north to the mountains, then make a decision
[Wed Jul 21 21:53:29 2010] : (10) DM: Booting '(13) Dorcas' from server...
[Wed Jul 21 21:53:30 2010] : (13) Dorcas (exit): 21:53
[Wed Jul 21 21:54:15 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "I don't think we have a viable alternative at the moment"
[Wed Jul 21 21:55:16 2010] : (10) DM: OK. You head north, making your way through the Whitewood, and not seeing any more of the terror wolves.
[Wed Jul 21 21:55:42 2010] : (10) DM: The ground begins rising, ever more steeply, until it becomes apparent that you'll have to turn left or right, or start climbing.
[Wed Jul 21 21:55:58 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Turn right?"
[Wed Jul 21 21:56:00 2010] : (10) DM: The clouds have lowered again, and the top of the cliffs is hidden in the clouds.
[Wed Jul 21 21:56:26 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "Any direction is as good as the other"
[Wed Jul 21 21:56:28 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Yes. The coast was to the left"
[Wed Jul 21 21:56:46 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "Right it is then"
[Wed Jul 21 21:57:52 2010] : (10) DM: There's something like a path at the foot of the cliffs proper; it's as if the strange white trees shy away from the strange dark rock. It's glassy, like obsidian, but unpleasantly warm to the touch - despite the lack of sunlight.
[Wed Jul 21 21:58:21 2010] : (10) DM: As you make your way along it, you begin to detect an unpleasant smell - it's unidentifiable, but definitely vile.
[Wed Jul 21 21:58:34 2010] : (10) DM: You've been walking all morning, and it's now early afternoon.
[Wed Jul 21 21:59:12 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Nothing about this place makes sense"
[Wed Jul 21 21:59:45 2010] : (9) Zedd: "And it's all evil"
[Wed Jul 21 21:59:57 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "What a stench!"
[Wed Jul 21 22:00:01 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "I guess"
[Wed Jul 21 22:00:07 2010] : (14) Dorcas: Knowledge Nature: [1d20(10) + 10] = 20
[Wed Jul 21 22:00:32 2010] : (14) Dorcas: Dorcas reluctantly eats a trail ration
[Wed Jul 21 22:00:40 2010] : (10) DM: The reason Dorcas can't work out what the smell is becomes apparent.
[Wed Jul 21 22:00:42 2010] : (10) DM: Emerging from the nearby brush with his arms raised high and bearing no obvious weapons is a human man, about six feet tall, with a tangle of long, dirty red hair and a long red beard, wearing tattered, hole-ridden clothes soaked through with mud and stained black in many places. Even before he gets close, his stench precedes him—it’s not only as though he hasn’t bathed in years, but that he seems to have actually gone out of his way to cover himself in the most horrible smells the Isle of Terror has to offer: a blend of rotten eggs, human waste, and decaying organic matter. An arrow is lodged in the back of his right leg, but seems to cause him no pain as he stomps through the undergrowth. Suddenly he stops. His eyes go wide and he loudly exclaims, “I found you!”
[Wed Jul 21 22:01:18 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "Hmph"
[Wed Jul 21 22:01:36 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Hold still, come no further"
[Wed Jul 21 22:02:13 2010] : (10) DM: He stops, standing still, staring at you unblinking. Several long moments pass.
[Wed Jul 21 22:02:17 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Found whom?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:02:42 2010] : (9) Zedd: ooc is there a stream or clear pool we can push this guy into?
[Wed Jul 21 22:02:54 2010] : (10) DM: ooc there's no standing water nearby.
[Wed Jul 21 22:03:30 2010] : (8) Keryn: Keryn is wishing he had prepared Create Water this morning
[Wed Jul 21 22:03:37 2010] : (10) DM: He doesn't respond to Gwydion's question, and it seems that he's lost the train of thought since his initial exclamation.
[Wed Jul 21 22:03:44 2010] : (10) DM: He's staring off into space.
[Wed Jul 21 22:03:46 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Who are you?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:03:47 2010] : (9) Zedd: "He's either completely crazy or he's masking his natural scent to hide from predators."
[Wed Jul 21 22:03:52 2010] : (14) Dorcas: ooc We want running water, not standing
[Wed Jul 21 22:04:18 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "Whatever, he's filthy and he stinks"
[Wed Jul 21 22:04:27 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no running water either
[Wed Jul 21 22:05:17 2010] : (9) Zedd: "What's your name?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:05:38 2010] : (10) DM: Suddenly, at Zedd's mention of predators, he goes into some sort of wild dance, tearing at his hair, noisily blubbering, and it seems to be equal parts tears and rage. The clumps of hair that come out, he brandishes at you - as if it's your fault that they're no longer attached.
[Wed Jul 21 22:06:28 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Would you like some food?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:06:31 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "He makes no sens at all, let's go on"
[Wed Jul 21 22:06:41 2010] : (10) DM: Gwydion: diplomacy check, please
[Wed Jul 21 22:06:43 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion profers some rations
[Wed Jul 21 22:06:48 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Diplomacy: [1d20(15) + 5 + 4 + 3] = 27
[Wed Jul 21 22:07:17 2010] : (8) Keryn: "Aren't you curious why he's still alive after what we fought yesterday?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:07:25 2010] : (10) DM: He gradually calms down, though he throws a clump of foul-smelling muck in Dorcas' general direction.
[Wed Jul 21 22:07:57 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps the food outstretched and slowly approaches
[Wed Jul 21 22:08:56 2010] : (9) Zedd: Zedd keeps quiet, letting Gwydion do the talking.
[Wed Jul 21 22:09:01 2010] : (10) DM: The man stares at Gwydion, warily, like a frightened animal, then suddenly grabs the food and scampers back a bit.
[Wed Jul 21 22:09:18 2010] : (14) Dorcas: Dorcas is happy to stand back, she just wishes she were standing up wind
[Wed Jul 21 22:09:23 2010] : (10) DM: He sniffs the offering, keeping his eyes on the party, then takes a small cautious bite.
[Wed Jul 21 22:09:40 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "We are of peace"
[Wed Jul 21 22:09:57 2010] : (10) DM: A smile, strange as if from lack of use, spreads over his face, and he gobbles down the ration fast enough to get a stomach-ache.
[Wed Jul 21 22:10:28 2010] : (10) DM: He finally speaks again. "I found you I did and you were dead and I was dead and they were dead and all were dead"
[Wed Jul 21 22:10:46 2010] : (10) DM: He shows no distress at this proclamation.
[Wed Jul 21 22:11:23 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "We're new here. How long have you been here?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:12:11 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc is it just me or does this island seem waaay too evil for four level 4 people to handle ;-)
[Wed Jul 21 22:12:16 2010] : (10) DM: It's as if the floodgates have opened, and the wild man talks faster and faster.
[Wed Jul 21 22:12:19 2010] : (10) DM: “Venture-Captain Tree Roots said we should come to… island to island and then we left the city and swam north, keeping abreast of each other to fend off fish and then we swam and swam and we swam for years and came here to the island and we went inside the island and saw its heart and it was black and we knew it was black and we came out and we were black and then the blackness consumed them, ate them alive, ate me alive, and then we were all dead all dead all dead and I was dead and they were dead, and they were dead and I wasn’t dead—do you see? I was alive! I was alive and they were dead and then I lived here and I lived in a tree and a cave and in the ruins and I saw, I saw, I saw things, and then the men in masks came and they fought the lizards and many died on both sides, many died, oh yes, many died and they did not get back up they were not dead like me and they headed to the doors, to the many doors by the river, the many doors where I slept once when the storms reached down and grabbed me. They are there now, they try to open the doors come with me, yes, come come come with me. I can show you where they are.”
[Wed Jul 21 22:12:29 2010] : (10) DM: ooc maybe just you :-)
[Wed Jul 21 22:13:56 2010] : (8) Keryn: "The only thing that makes some sense is 'Men in Masks'"
[Wed Jul 21 22:14:09 2010] : (9) Zedd: "A promising lead I think."
[Wed Jul 21 22:14:19 2010] : (10) DM: "Men in masks all dead but some dead like me not all dead like dead things dead"
[Wed Jul 21 22:14:27 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Gwydion, ask him to lead us to the men in masks."
[Wed Jul 21 22:14:44 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "But not right to them, please"
[Wed Jul 21 22:15:06 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Can you take us to the men in the masks?"
[Wed Jul 21 22:15:13 2010] : (10) DM: "This way!"
[Wed Jul 21 22:16:12 2010] : (10) DM: Without further ado, the man just starts walking. He's heading along the foot of the cliff, in the direction you were going, mumbling to himself.
[Wed Jul 21 22:16:13 2010] : (11) Gwydion: "Take us close enough to see, not right to them"
[Wed Jul 21 22:16:43 2010] : (10) DM: After a while, he turns south, saying "bad lake bad make dark storm bad".
[Wed Jul 21 22:17:02 2010] : (14) Dorcas: "Suuure"
[Wed Jul 21 22:17:10 2010] : (10) DM: He leads you back through the white forest, out on its south side, well clear of the plume of black mist from the tremendous waterfall.
[Wed Jul 21 22:17:58 2010] : (10) DM: Evening is falling, and the ever-present clouds are low and ominous.
[Wed Jul 21 22:18:05 2010] : (9) Zedd: "Note how he avoided the waterfall and the lake. Something we should also avoid I think."
[Wed Jul 21 22:18:32 2010] : (10) DM: "Water makes skin flesh melt like not-wolf wolves melt flesh bad."
[Wed Jul 21 22:18:33 2010] : (11) Gwydion: Open/Close: Level 0 -
[Wed Jul 21 22:18:44 2010] : (11) Gwydion: ooc but what about the FOW??
[Wed Jul 21 22:19:05 2010] : (10) DM: Though the details of what happens are unclear, it's obvious that he doesn't like the idea of going for a swim.
[Wed Jul 21 22:19:08 2010] : (10) DM: ooc FOW?
[Wed Jul 21 22:19:17 2010] : (10) DM: ooc fog-of-war, right
[Wed Jul 21 22:19:19 2010] : (9) Zedd: "He might be crazy but he has lived here some some time."
[Wed Jul 21 22:19:27 2010] : (10) DM: GAME END