Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Jun 23 20:02:34 2010] : (7) Zedd: GAME START
[Wed Jun 23 20:02:43 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc Bert if >=19 then... else 0
[Wed Jun 23 20:02:53 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc ahhh
[Wed Jun 23 20:02:59 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc it didn't work without an else
[Wed Jun 23 20:03:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Couldn't you use "No" instead of 0?
[Wed Jun 23 20:04:16 2010] : (7) Zedd: "I think we need to rest and wait for another opportunity to search the upper floor."
[Wed Jun 23 20:04:18 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc no
[Wed Jun 23 20:04:31 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "I concur. I am pretty well spent"
[Wed Jun 23 20:04:34 2010] : (7) Zedd: "It would be foolish to proceed unprepared."
[Wed Jun 23 20:04:40 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "If you think it necessary"
[Wed Jun 23 20:05:02 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas seems impatient to go on
[Wed Jun 23 20:05:20 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "If we rest early, we could be up and about in the small hours"
[Wed Jun 23 20:05:33 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Good plan"
[Wed Jun 23 20:05:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "As we have the night off, that should not be problematic"
[Wed Jun 23 20:06:08 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "You'd better get some rest then"
[Wed Jun 23 20:06:30 2010] : (2) DM: OK, everyone's settling down for the night?
[Wed Jun 23 20:06:31 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn gets comfortable
[Wed Jun 23 20:06:38 2010] : (7) Zedd: Yes
[Wed Jun 23 20:07:32 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas doesn't go to sleep, but tries to find a vantage point from where she keeps an eye on the stairs and the people using them
[Wed Jun 23 20:07:52 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion settles down and rests
[Wed Jun 23 20:08:22 2010] : (2) DM: The sounds of the city, and even the upper levels of the temple, are muted by the thick stone, and it's quite possible to sleep and rest. Few of the acolytes come downstairs during the day; there's a bit of activity around the evening meal - though, without the brutish priest there, it's more basic than usual.
[Wed Jun 23 20:09:01 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12
[Wed Jun 23 20:10:05 2010] : (2) DM: It's restful enough, and Dorcas quietly wakes the others once it's full night and the temple has settled down for the night.
[Wed Jun 23 20:10:25 2010] : (2) DM: It's dark, of course, so you need to decide what you're doing about illumination.
[Wed Jun 23 20:10:57 2010] : (5) Gwydion: zzzzz
[Wed Jun 23 20:11:09 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc As long as there are windows, Dorcas can see fine
[Wed Jun 23 20:11:17 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd lights a hooded lantern and turns it down low.,
[Wed Jun 23 20:11:20 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Psst, wake up"
[Wed Jun 23 20:11:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas pokes Gwydion
[Wed Jun 23 20:12:04 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydio stirs
[Wed Jun 23 20:12:08 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "What is it?"
[Wed Jun 23 20:12:26 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Softly: "Time to get up"
[Wed Jun 23 20:12:59 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Oh, OK"
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:03 2010] : (4) Keryn: "mnmn... 10 more minutes mum..."
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:17 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Where's the ice water at?
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:22 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion readies himself for action
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:31 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc heh
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:35 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "I need 15 minutes"
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:46 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn hauls himself out of bed
[Wed Jun 23 20:13:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Keryn: time to get up now"
[Wed Jun 23 20:14:08 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion takes himself off and prances about like some kind of madman
[Wed Jun 23 20:14:16 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Perform - Dance: [1d20(14) + 19 / 2 - 5 + 1 + 3] = 22
[Wed Jun 23 20:14:53 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc quite how that helps him regain his spells is really down to suspension of disbelief ;-)
[Wed Jun 23 20:15:08 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (7) Zedd...
[Wed Jun 23 20:15:23 2010] : (2) DM: Heading upstairs?
[Wed Jun 23 20:15:26 2010] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Zedd...
[Wed Jun 23 20:15:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 23 20:16:06 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas takes the lead to the stairs
[Wed Jun 23 20:16:07 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd beckons the others and creeps stealthily upstairs. Keeping an eye out for priests and others.
[Wed Jun 23 20:16:15 2010] : (7) Zedd: Dice error: action in Zedd (Pathfinder) / Skills / Stealth: 'acp' not found
[Wed Jun 23 20:16:48 2010] : (7) Zedd: Stealth: [1d20(1) + 17 / 2 - 5 + 3 - 2] = 5
[Wed Jun 23 20:16:53 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Stealth: [1d20(19) + 5] = 24
[Wed Jun 23 20:16:59 2010] : (4) Keryn: Stealth: [1d20(15) + 15 / 2 - 5 + 0 - 3] = 14
[Wed Jun 23 20:17:32 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd trips over a lamp stand with a loud clatter.
[Wed Jun 23 20:17:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc What was that about brackets again? ;)
[Wed Jun 23 20:17:46 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Shhh!"
[Wed Jun 23 20:17:52 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc e.g. 1d20 + (dex + blah + 5)
[Wed Jun 23 20:17:59 2010] : (2) DM: The stairs come up into the armoury, off to one side of the temple's main hallway. There's always a pair of acolytes stationed in the entranceway, but they aren't there as guards - merely there to open the big doors into the worship hall.
[Wed Jun 23 20:18:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Stealth: [1d20(12) + 14 / 2 - 5 + 0 - 3] = 11
[Wed Jun 23 20:18:39 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion follows on
[Wed Jun 23 20:18:41 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc I just noticed that your stealth doesn't use them, is all, and that after you telling Craig how handy they are
[Wed Jun 23 20:19:35 2010] : (2) DM: Hearing the clatter, one of them opens the door to the armoury. "What's going on?" he demands. "There's people sleeping, you lot!"
[Wed Jun 23 20:19:51 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc I prefer to see how it arrives at the figure to be honest
[Wed Jun 23 20:19:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Sorry, won't happen again"
[Wed Jun 23 20:20:53 2010] : (2) DM: Bluff check, please.
[Wed Jun 23 20:21:15 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Bluff: [1d20(6) + 1] = 7
[Wed Jun 23 20:21:20 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Intimidate: [1d20(6) + 19 / 2 - 5 + 0] = 10
[Wed Jun 23 20:21:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: oops
[Wed Jun 23 20:21:58 2010] : (2) DM: [1d20(16) - 1] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 20:22:08 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "I told you to be quiet. the Deacon does not want us to disturb the others"
[Wed Jun 23 20:22:17 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Bluff: [1d20(9) + 19 / 2 - 5 + 3 + 3] = 19
[Wed Jun 23 20:22:37 2010] : (2) DM: "And what are you lot doing out of bed, anyway?" he asks. "Sure and you were on rest duty!"
[Wed Jun 23 20:23:06 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Sorry there friend, we're not to acknowlege you. It's part of the ceremony of A'Tragan"
[Wed Jun 23 20:23:08 2010] : (2) DM: [1d20(11) - 1] = 10
[Wed Jun 23 20:23:11 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Bluff: [1d20(6) + 19 / 2 - 5 + 3 + 3] = 16
[Wed Jun 23 20:23:35 2010] : (2) DM: ooc "This is not an acknowledgement. We are not the acolytes you are looking for"
[Wed Jun 23 20:23:44 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion mimes a zipped lips and mock looks away from them
[Wed Jun 23 20:24:50 2010] : (2) DM: The other acolyte calls over "Ah, give over Marek. They're good with the high-ups." With a suspicious look, the first one steps back into the vestibule, and the two of them open the doors to the worship hall for you.
[Wed Jun 23 20:25:11 2010] : (2) DM: 100xp each for getting through the situation without combat.
[Wed Jun 23 20:25:23 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd steps through the doors.
[Wed Jun 23 20:25:27 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas walks on as if she has every right to be there
[Wed Jun 23 20:25:36 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc 7700 xp?
[Wed Jun 23 20:25:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Yep
[Wed Jun 23 20:25:50 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn strides in quietly but confidently
[Wed Jun 23 20:26:00 2010] : (2) DM: ooc I believe so; that definitely sounds right! I've been trusting you all.
[Wed Jun 23 20:26:33 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc I've been letting someone more organised keep track
[Wed Jun 23 20:26:40 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc It's what PCGen says anyway
[Wed Jun 23 20:26:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc 9000 for level 4?
[Wed Jun 23 20:27:09 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion continues on
[Wed Jun 23 20:27:16 2010] : (2) DM: The light from the lantern barely reaches the walls of the great worship hall; its black stone benches seem to crouch in the semi-darkness. Nothing moves, and the wqhite marble steps in the centre lead up to the great golden mask, the symbol of the Living God.
[Wed Jun 23 20:27:20 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Yep
[Wed Jun 23 20:27:44 2010] : (2) DM: The brightest thing in the room is the mask, and the great emerald set in its brow.
[Wed Jun 23 20:27:57 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas takes a long look around her after entering the hall
[Wed Jun 23 20:28:21 2010] : (2) DM: The priests have always been very strict about the rule; none other than the most exalted servants of Razmir may ascend the staircase.
[Wed Jun 23 20:28:34 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps an eye out
[Wed Jun 23 20:28:36 2010] : (7) Zedd: Is anyone in the hall?
[Wed Jun 23 20:28:44 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Any cupboards, chests, obvious hiding places?
[Wed Jun 23 20:29:09 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc I thought we went in.
[Wed Jun 23 20:29:24 2010] : (2) DM: Noone in the hall; no cupboards; there's just the benches, the murals and the staircase.
[Wed Jun 23 20:29:32 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc Not much point in staying outside too suspicious
[Wed Jun 23 20:30:07 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you are already in the hall; the doors have been closed behind you.
[Wed Jun 23 20:30:35 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd starts on the stairs.
[Wed Jun 23 20:30:41 2010] : (7) Zedd: up
[Wed Jun 23 20:30:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Lets just get up there"
[Wed Jun 23 20:31:04 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion looks for obvious alarms first
[Wed Jun 23 20:31:09 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Are you mad? Let's make sure there are no traps or anything before going up there"
[Wed Jun 23 20:31:13 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(3) + 12 / 2 - 5 + 3 + 3] = 10
[Wed Jun 23 20:31:19 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27
[Wed Jun 23 20:31:40 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas examines the stairs carefully
[Wed Jun 23 20:32:03 2010] : (4) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(6) + 20 / 2 - 5 + 2 + 3] = 16
[Wed Jun 23 20:32:16 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas is confident the stairs are safe; after all, you've all seen the senior priests descending them one step at a time in ceremonies.
[Wed Jun 23 20:32:36 2010] : (2) DM: Her examination reassures here that there's not a secret wardstone that allows the priests to pass safely.
[Wed Jun 23 20:32:54 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Seems safe enough"
[Wed Jun 23 20:33:23 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "OK, I found nothing either"
[Wed Jun 23 20:33:58 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd starts climbing again.
[Wed Jun 23 20:34:10 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas walks up the stairs to examine the mask of the living god
[Wed Jun 23 20:34:23 2010] : (2) DM: The first floor is in shadow, and it's hard to see what's up there.
[Wed Jun 23 20:34:28 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion follows the others up
[Wed Jun 23 20:34:53 2010] : (2) DM: I need a perception check from each of you, please.
[Wed Jun 23 20:34:58 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27
[Wed Jun 23 20:35:00 2010] : (4) Keryn: Perception: [1d20(18) + 20 / 2 - 5 + 2 + 3] = 28
[Wed Jun 23 20:35:09 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(11) + 12 / 2 - 5 + 3 + 3] = 18
[Wed Jun 23 20:35:52 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd?
[Wed Jun 23 20:35:56 2010] : (7) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(8) + 5] = 13
[Wed Jun 23 20:36:50 2010] : (2) DM: As you climb the stairs, you see two guards in alcoves on the first floor.
[Wed Jun 23 20:37:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas points towards the guards
[Wed Jun 23 20:38:33 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Softly: "What do we do about them?"
[Wed Jun 23 20:38:44 2010] : (7) Zedd: Have they noticed yes?
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:10 2010] : (7) Zedd: Have they noticed us?
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:13 2010] : (2) DM: [1d20(9) - 1] = 8
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:19 2010] : (2) DM: Stealth checks, please.
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:24 2010] : (4) Keryn: Stealth: [1d20(7) + 2 + 0 - 3] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Stealth: [1d20(5) + 14 / 2 - 5 + 0 - 3] = 4
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:36 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc hmm
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:41 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc well
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:50 2010] : (2) DM: Yeah, they've noticed.
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:51 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Stealth: [1d20(3) + 5] = 8
[Wed Jun 23 20:39:55 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Ghost Sound: Level 0 -
[Wed Jun 23 20:40:06 2010] : (7) Zedd: Stealth: [1d20(17) + 4] = 21
[Wed Jun 23 20:40:16 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Hearing how noisy we are Gydion thinks quickly
[Wed Jun 23 20:40:33 2010] : (2) DM: One of the guards steps forward, and says: "You! Acolytes are not permitted on the Sacred Stair. You will halt, and take off your masks."
[Wed Jun 23 20:40:52 2010] : (2) DM: "You will be reported in the morning."
[Wed Jun 23 20:40:58 2010] : (5) Gwydion: The sound of quiet chanting is heard from our vicinity as we move
[Wed Jun 23 20:41:39 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd draws his sword.
[Wed Jun 23 20:41:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas keeps her eyes trained on the mask, as if she doesn't hear the guard speaking
[Wed Jun 23 20:42:22 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps moving, but loosens his sword
[Wed Jun 23 20:42:32 2010] : (2) DM: ooc who's got the lantern?
[Wed Jun 23 20:42:42 2010] : (7) Zedd: "I don't think so, stand aside and no one will get hurt."
[Wed Jun 23 20:42:44 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc I do.
[Wed Jun 23 20:42:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Do the guards see my front or my back?
[Wed Jun 23 20:42:58 2010] : (2) DM: ooc Map time, I think.
[Wed Jun 23 20:43:56 2010] : (2) DM: That's the stairs
[Wed Jun 23 20:44:15 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas makes sure the guards can't see she's loading her bow (turning a bit if necessary)
[Wed Jun 23 20:45:16 2010] : (2) DM: Can I have two minis for the guards, please?
[Wed Jun 23 20:45:46 2010] : (2) DM: They're in the alcoves NE and SE; the mask is in the centre (directly ahead of the stairs)
[Wed Jun 23 20:46:11 2010] : (2) DM: There's a walkway around the edges; the bit in the middle is double-height where you've got the main worship hall.
[Wed Jun 23 20:46:39 2010] : (2) DM: OK, that's where things are.
[Wed Jun 23 20:46:47 2010] : (2) DM: Can you place yourself on the stairs, please?
[Wed Jun 23 20:46:54 2010] : (2) DM: (And roll initiative)
[Wed Jun 23 20:47:15 2010] : (4) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(8) + 2 + 0] = 10
[Wed Jun 23 20:47:16 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(10) + 14 / 2 - 5 + 4] = 16
[Wed Jun 23 20:47:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(16) + 4] = 20
[Wed Jun 23 20:47:22 2010] : (7) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(12) + 17 / 2 - 5 + 0] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 20:47:38 2010] : (2) DM: [1d20(9) + 2] = 11
[Wed Jun 23 20:48:07 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc quick test
[Wed Jun 23 20:48:10 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(9) + 2 + 4] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 20:48:14 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Dorcas you're up.
[Wed Jun 23 20:48:16 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc better
[Wed Jun 23 20:48:56 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas turns towards guard A and shoots
[Wed Jun 23 20:49:03 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12 Damage: [1d8(8) + 2] = 10 HP
[Wed Jun 23 20:49:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 20:49:36 2010] : (2) DM: The arrow clatters off his shield. Gwydion?
[Wed Jun 23 20:50:36 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion winks at guard b, does some fancy foot moves and tells a quick joke
[Wed Jun 23 20:50:43 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Hideous Laughter: Level 1 - Target within [25 + 5] = 30 feet must pass a DC [10 + 1 + 4] = 15 Will save or fall prone laughing and losing all actions (though not helpless) for [3] = 3 rounds. A new save may be attempted each round, and is a full round action.
[Wed Jun 23 20:51:08 2010] : (2) DM: [1d20(16) + 1] = 17
[Wed Jun 23 20:51:14 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc bah!
[Wed Jun 23 20:51:36 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Move and draw my weapon
[Wed Jun 23 20:51:37 2010] : (2) DM: The guard seems unimpressed. Zedd, your turn.
[Wed Jun 23 20:51:41 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Guards without a sense of humour? How horrific!
[Wed Jun 23 20:52:21 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd advances to guard A and attacks with his rapier
[Wed Jun 23 20:52:24 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17; Damage: [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 20:52:40 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 20:53:09 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd slips a quick stab in under the enemy's guard.
[Wed Jun 23 20:54:22 2010] : (2) DM: The guards both turn into their alcoves, and reach for bellropes. Zedd gets an attack of opportunity, but Guard B is unimpeded and a bell sounds loud and clear.
[Wed Jun 23 20:54:45 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(17) + 7] = 24; Damage: [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 20:54:54 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Uh-oh
[Wed Jun 23 20:54:58 2010] : (7) Zedd: "Uh oh"
[Wed Jun 23 20:55:10 2010] : (2) DM: They both then draw weapons, and it's Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 20:55:17 2010] : (2) DM: ooc Silence is a high-level spell :-(
[Wed Jun 23 20:55:25 2010] : (4) Keryn: Summon Natures Ally 1 - Begin: Level 1 - Keryn starts to Summon something...
[Wed Jun 23 20:55:32 2010] : (4) Keryn: done
[Wed Jun 23 20:56:16 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Dorcas is up.
[Wed Jun 23 20:56:39 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas moves into a better position before shooting at guard A again
[Wed Jun 23 20:56:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(18) + 9] = 27 Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 HP
[Wed Jun 23 20:56:58 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 20:57:01 2010] : (2) DM: That's a hit.
[Wed Jun 23 20:57:05 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 20:58:17 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "I tried the painless way"
[Wed Jun 23 20:58:20 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion simply slashes at the guard
[Wed Jun 23 20:58:24 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(7) + 5] = 12; Damage: [1d8(5) + 3] = 8 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 20:58:38 2010] : (2) DM: He misses. Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 20:58:43 2010] : (5) Gwydion: 5 ft step
[Wed Jun 23 20:58:51 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 20:59:34 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd places his lantern on the floor, grips his shield and attacks with a quick stab.
[Wed Jun 23 20:59:36 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1: [1d20(5) + 7] = 12; Damage: [1d6(6) + 2] = 8
[Wed Jun 23 20:59:59 2010] : (2) DM: The stab is a little too quick, and the guard has no trouble deflecting the blade.
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:05 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc AoO probably
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:26 2010] : (7) Zedd: done
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:26 2010] : (2) DM: Yes, true
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:29 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(17) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 27 vs AC, damage: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:35 2010] : (2) DM: 9 damage
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:46 2010] : (2) DM: Guard A tries to press the attack
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:47 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(4) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 14 vs AC, damage: [1d6(5) + 3] = 8
[Wed Jun 23 21:00:50 2010] : (2) DM: but misses
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:05 2010] : (2) DM: Guard B steps towards Gwydion, and stabs at him.
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:10 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(18) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 28 vs AC, damage: [1d6(1) + 3] = 4
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:19 2010] : (2) DM: Critical?
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:20 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(6) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 16 vs AC, damage: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:24 2010] : (2) DM: 4 damage.
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:28 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn, you're up.
[Wed Jun 23 21:01:46 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn summons a Dire Rat behind B
[Wed Jun 23 21:02:02 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(2) + 3 + 0 + 0] = 5; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 21:02:16 2010] : (4) Keryn: Sling: [1d20(14) + 2 + 2 + 0] = 18 Damage: [1d4(3) + 0 + 0] = 3 damage
[Wed Jun 23 21:02:23 2010] : (4) Keryn: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:02:42 2010] : (2) DM: The rat is sufficiently disoriented that it fails to bite anything other than the wall, and Keryn's shot isn't quite accurate enough.
[Wed Jun 23 21:02:48 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas, your turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:03:16 2010] : (2) DM: ooc that black spot? It's a rat.
[Wed Jun 23 21:03:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas, determind to do some real damage, fires again at A
[Wed Jun 23 21:03:25 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(10) + 9] = 19 Damage: [1d8(3) + 2] = 5 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:03:33 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:03:53 2010] : (2) DM: Guard A now looks badly wounded. Gwydion's up.
[Wed Jun 23 21:04:52 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion steps in again, grits his teeth and slashes
[Wed Jun 23 21:04:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(7) + 7] = 14; Damage: [1d8(2) + 3] = 5 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:21 2010] : (2) DM: Unfortunately it's not quite good enough.
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc flank already added
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:30 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:38 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:47 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(3) + 5] = 8; Damage: [1d6(5) + 2] = 7
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:48 2010] : (7) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(12) + 5] = 17; Damage: [1d8(3) + 1] = 4
[Wed Jun 23 21:05:51 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:26 2010] : (2) DM: The guard, in a desperate bid to survive, manages to turn away both blows.
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:34 2010] : (2) DM: Guard A attacks Zedd.
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:35 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(20) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 30 vs AC, damage: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:39 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(18) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 28 vs AC, damage: [1d6(3) + 3] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:47 2010] : (2) DM: Critical, for 15 damage.
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:56 2010] : (2) DM: Guard B attacks Gwydion.
[Wed Jun 23 21:06:57 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(17) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 27 vs AC, damage: [1d6(2) + 3] = 5
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:01 2010] : (2) DM: 5 damage.
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:14 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc 3 HP left
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:15 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Grrr, damn it!"
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:15 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn (and the rat) next.
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:19 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(16) + 3 + 1 + 0] = 20; Damage: [1d4(2) + 2 + 0] = 4 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:27 2010] : (4) Keryn: Sling: [1d20(16) + 2 + 2 + 0] = 20 Damage: [1d4(2) + 0 + 0] = 2 damage
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:37 2010] : (4) Keryn: both on B
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:46 2010] : (2) DM: Finally, Guard B is injured.
[Wed Jun 23 21:07:51 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas, your turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:08:05 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Get out of there, now!"
[Wed Jun 23 21:08:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas shoots guard A again, before Zedd is killed by him
[Wed Jun 23 21:08:34 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(20) + 9] = 29 Damage: [1d8(8) + 2] = 10 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:08:49 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:12 2010] : (2) DM: The arrow pins the guard to the wall, and he twitches a couple of times as blood pools around his feet. Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:23 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc B is dead?
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:34 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc A
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:41 2010] : (2) DM: A is, B is only just injured.
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:46 2010] : (7) Zedd: "Phew! That was close, Good hit Dorcas, thanks!"
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:53 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion tries to be more accurate
[Wed Jun 23 21:09:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(6) + 7] = 13; Damage: [1d8(8) + 3] = 11 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:10:17 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion is still unlucky, and his blow goes wild.
[Wed Jun 23 21:10:20 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:10:38 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Just take care of yourself before somebody kills you"
[Wed Jun 23 21:10:47 2010] : (7) Zedd: Drinking a cure moderate wounds potion
[Wed Jun 23 21:10:51 2010] : (7) Zedd: [2d8(2,1) + 3] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:10:57 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc ouch
[Wed Jun 23 21:11:02 2010] : (2) DM: ooc the dice hate you lot tonight!
[Wed Jun 23 21:11:25 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc The dice gods are against us, again, they must be related to the living god
[Wed Jun 23 21:11:34 2010] : (7) Zedd: Move down the stairs
[Wed Jun 23 21:11:35 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:11:57 2010] : (2) DM: And then it's the guard; seeing his ally fall, he lashes out with increased vigour. Still attacking Gwydion.
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:00 2010] : (2) DM: Rapier: [1d20(11) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2] = 21 vs AC, damage: [1d6(6) + 3] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:11 2010] : (2) DM: He hits for 9 damage.
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:22 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:38 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc Summon Natures Ally I only lasts 1 round?
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:45 2010] : (4) Keryn: oco or 1/lvl
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:56 2010] : (2) DM: 1/level
[Wed Jun 23 21:12:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc 1 per level
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:05 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc ta
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:09 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(20) + 3 + 1 + 0] = 24; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:12 2010] : (2) DM: If it lasted one round it would be the Most Useless Spell Ever.
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:17 2010] : (2) DM: Critical check, please!
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:28 2010] : (4) Keryn: Bite: Dire Rat: [1d20(13) + 3 + 1 + 0] = 17; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 0] = 6 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:37 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc thats what I was thinking!
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn turns to Zedd
[Wed Jun 23 21:13:58 2010] : (2) DM: The rat sinks its teeth deep into the guard's leg, and he yells in pain.
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:00 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(3) + 3] = 6 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:15 2010] : (4) Keryn: done
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:17 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas. you're up.
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:27 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc cure on who?
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:28 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc the rat has flank, so the confirm is 19 :-D
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:47 2010] : (2) DM: ooc cure was on Zedd, and yes that was a critical.
[Wed Jun 23 21:14:56 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc flank should already be added
[Wed Jun 23 21:16:34 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Jun 23 21:17:02 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas turns around to shoot at guard B
[Wed Jun 23 21:17:06 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22 Damage: [1d8(1) + 2] = 3 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:17:12 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:17:36 2010] : (2) DM: The arrow scores a furrow across the guard's shoulder. Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:17:54 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Slashing again in frustration
[Wed Jun 23 21:17:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(15) + 7] = 22; Damage: [1d8(3) + 3] = 6 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:18:26 2010] : (2) DM: Finally Gwydion lands a blow, and it's enough to end the fight. The guard drops to the floor, unconscious and bleeding.
[Wed Jun 23 21:18:39 2010] : (2) DM: 300xp each.
[Wed Jun 23 21:19:34 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Search or run?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:19:39 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc are there doors near Dorcas?
[Wed Jun 23 21:19:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "About time!"
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:01 2010] : (7) Zedd: "Keryn, any more of that healing magic?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:01 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Zedd are you still hurt?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:05 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas takes a good, long look at the mask
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:11 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(3) + 9] = 12
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:12 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(5) + 3] = 8 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:13 2010] : (2) DM: You finally have a chance to look around; the gallery is much more lavishly decorated than the downstairs. There is a grand pair of doors in the West wall, but otherwise there are just rich wall hangings and the golden mask.
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:41 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd heads for the large doors to the west and listens.
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:47 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion spreads the love
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:51 2010] : (7) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(17) + 5] = 22
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:54 2010] : (4) Keryn: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(7) + 3] = 10 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:20:56 2010] : (2) DM: ooc door is in blue
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:06 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Hows that?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:09 2010] : (2) DM: ooc which spells were on whom?
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:16 2010] : (7) Zedd: "That will do nicely, Thanks Gwdion."
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:19 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Well, mine was on Zedd
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:27 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc sorry, didn't see Gwydions
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:34 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc Keryn can heal me if he likes ;)
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:41 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc ok
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:45 2010] : (2) DM: Current situation is Zedd's down 4, Gwydion's down 3.
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:47 2010] : (7) Zedd: HP Status: 23 out of 27
[Wed Jun 23 21:21:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Anything remarkable on the mask?
[Wed Jun 23 21:22:29 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas can't see anything about the mask, other than that it's golden and shiny.
[Wed Jun 23 21:22:45 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc I am?
[Wed Jun 23 21:22:51 2010] : (2) DM: [1d6(1) - 1] = 0
[Wed Jun 23 21:23:09 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yeah, the guard hit you a couple of times.
[Wed Jun 23 21:23:23 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc I saw 9 hp
[Wed Jun 23 21:23:44 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd hears nothing behind the door.
[Wed Jun 23 21:24:01 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you're right; I wrote a 4 in the wrong place. My bad!
[Wed Jun 23 21:24:06 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc missed 9!
[Wed Jun 23 21:24:08 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas joins Zedd
[Wed Jun 23 21:24:25 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc so Gwyd is taking the 10 healing from me?
[Wed Jun 23 21:24:49 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc no, he got 5, 4 and 9 on me. I missed the 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:24:58 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes, he is.
[Wed Jun 23 21:25:14 2010] : (2) DM: There's no sounds from beyond the door.
[Wed Jun 23 21:25:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion also heals himself
[Wed Jun 23 21:25:28 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Cure Light Wounds: Level 1 - Heals [1d8(3) + 3] = 6 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:25:44 2010] : (2) DM: I should say the doors, because there's a pair of tall doors, shining silver in the lantern-light.
[Wed Jun 23 21:26:41 2010] : (7) Zedd: "Can someone check these doors?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:26:57 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "So? Search or run? That alarm might have woken reinforcements"
[Wed Jun 23 21:27:03 2010] : (4) Keryn: "They look like doors to me"
[Wed Jun 23 21:27:08 2010] : (2) DM: The centre of the doors displays an image of Razmir's mask, beneath which supplicants are portrayed piling up coins, jewels, and other valuables to the Living God.
[Wed Jun 23 21:27:20 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas looks at the doors
[Wed Jun 23 21:27:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(1) + 9] = 10
[Wed Jun 23 21:27:23 2010] : (4) Keryn: "No point running without what we came for"
[Wed Jun 23 21:27:27 2010] : (7) Zedd: "I'm continuing, we won't get another chance."
[Wed Jun 23 21:28:05 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Why does a got need sacrifices of money?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:28:12 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Indeed"
[Wed Jun 23 21:28:18 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(8) + 1 + 3 + 3] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 21:28:45 2010] : (2) DM: Both Dorcas and Gwydion are confident the doors are innocuous.
[Wed Jun 23 21:29:08 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd slowly tries to open the doors.
[Wed Jun 23 21:30:03 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "I can't see anything on the doors"
[Wed Jun 23 21:30:12 2010] : (2) DM: The doors are locked; on a second look it turns out there's a key-hole in one of the masks's eyes.
[Wed Jun 23 21:30:44 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "Key, anyone?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:30:45 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc we have a bunch of keys, do any fit the lock?
[Wed Jun 23 21:30:55 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's probably worth reminding you that you took a bunch of keys off the guy you beat up :)
[Wed Jun 23 21:31:35 2010] : (2) DM: It's going to be a case of trial and error, or you can try to work out which key is most likely to be the right one. That will be an intelligence check.
[Wed Jun 23 21:31:42 2010] : (2) DM: (Where's the wizard when you need her?)
[Wed Jun 23 21:31:48 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn keeps careful watch over the balcony
[Wed Jun 23 21:31:52 2010] : (7) Zedd: Intelligence: [1d20(9) + 8 / 2 - 5] = 8
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:12 2010] : (2) DM: ooc anyone arguing with that?
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:18 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc nope
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:34 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd is fairly confident he's got the right key, but he tries it and it's clearly too large for the lock.
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:36 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Intelligence: [1d20(2) + 2] = 4
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:40 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd starts trying the keys in turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:46 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn has a look
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:48 2010] : (4) Keryn: Intelligence: [1d20(3) + 15 / 2 - 5 + 3 / 2] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:32:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc how thick are we?
[Wed Jun 23 21:33:00 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Intelligence: [1d20(13) + 4] = 17
[Wed Jun 23 21:33:01 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Durr, try the sparkly one"
[Wed Jun 23 21:33:19 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas, I'm going to need a reflex save, please.
[Wed Jun 23 21:33:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn tries to chew one of the keys
[Wed Jun 23 21:33:29 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Reflex: [1d20(19) + 7] = 26
[Wed Jun 23 21:33:54 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Did I make the save? Did I? Did I?
[Wed Jun 23 21:34:21 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Keryn: don't get drool all over that key, please
[Wed Jun 23 21:34:28 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas manages to snatch the keys away from the men before they do something regrettable, and examination narrows it down to three choices. There's two iron keys, one more elaborate than the other, and a simple-looking silver key.
[Wed Jun 23 21:34:58 2010] : (2) DM: Which one are you going for?
[Wed Jun 23 21:35:06 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Silver doors, silver key?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:35:29 2010] : (2) DM: ooc Keryn rolled a 6; he may be wrong :-)
[Wed Jun 23 21:36:18 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc The silver one
[Wed Jun 23 21:36:27 2010] : (2) DM: [1d3(3)] = 3
[Wed Jun 23 21:36:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Simple, yet expensive
[Wed Jun 23 21:37:00 2010] : (2) DM: The silver key turns in the lock, with a soft click, and the door opens safely. 300xp each for not getting dead.
[Wed Jun 23 21:37:30 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc only 700 xp to level 4... and level 2 spells for me!
[Wed Jun 23 21:37:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 23 21:37:42 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn looks quite smug
[Wed Jun 23 21:37:51 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas peers in
[Wed Jun 23 21:37:56 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22
[Wed Jun 23 21:38:09 2010] : (7) Zedd: As does Zedd
[Wed Jun 23 21:38:12 2010] : (7) Zedd: Perception: [1d20(15) + 5] = 20
[Wed Jun 23 21:39:15 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Perception: [1d20(20) + 1 + 3 + 3] = 27
[Wed Jun 23 21:39:25 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "What's inside?"
[Wed Jun 23 21:39:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc At last we all have a good roll on the same turn
[Wed Jun 23 21:40:30 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn is still keeping one eye on the stairwell
[Wed Jun 23 21:40:42 2010] : (2) DM: The room has three doors on each side, and a pair of double doors opposite the entrance. In the centre of the room, there's a man-sized statue made up of dozens of masks. Suddenly, a voice booms out: "Who are the true gods?" it asks.
[Wed Jun 23 21:42:01 2010] : (7) Zedd: "Razmir"
[Wed Jun 23 21:42:10 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "We are"
[Wed Jun 23 21:42:45 2010] : (2) DM: Any other contributions?
[Wed Jun 23 21:42:56 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn shrugs
[Wed Jun 23 21:43:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion looks perplexed
[Wed Jun 23 21:44:09 2010] : (2) DM: The statue steps forward, raising its fists. Initiative time!
[Wed Jun 23 21:44:24 2010] : (2) DM: [1d20(10) + 7] = 17
[Wed Jun 23 21:44:42 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Initiative: [1d20(1) + 4] = 5
[Wed Jun 23 21:44:53 2010] : (4) Keryn: Initiative: [1d20(7) + 2 + 0] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:45:04 2010] : (7) Zedd: Initiative: [1d20(15) + 3] = 18
[Wed Jun 23 21:45:37 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Initiative: [1d20(18) + 2 + 4] = 24
[Wed Jun 23 21:45:52 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion reacts fastest; your go.
[Wed Jun 23 21:46:21 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Inspire Courage: Gwydion begins an inspirational oration... +1 competence bonus to attack and damage; +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Jun 23 21:46:33 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:46:48 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:46:53 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd steps forwards and attacks.
[Wed Jun 23 21:46:57 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(4) + 5] = 9; Damage: [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:46:58 2010] : (7) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(8) + 5] = 13; Damage: [1d8(8) + 1] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:05 2010] : (7) Zedd: Or tries at least.
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:06 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:44 2010] : (2) DM: The creature shivers, and one of its component masks flies at Zedd's face.
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:44 2010] : (2) DM: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(7) + 4 + 18 / 2 - 5] = 15 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:49 2010] : (2) DM: What's your CMD?
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:50 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Is that rat dead yet?
[Wed Jun 23 21:47:55 2010] : (2) DM: ooc the rat is gone.
[Wed Jun 23 21:48:09 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc 13?
[Wed Jun 23 21:48:16 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc 17
[Wed Jun 23 21:48:40 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd manages to push the mask away from his face, and it doesn't attach itself. Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:49:00 2010] : (4) Keryn: Sling: [1d20(16) + 2 + 2 + 0] = 20 Damage: [1d4(3) + 0 + 0] = 3 damage
[Wed Jun 23 21:49:16 2010] : (4) Keryn: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:50:01 2010] : (2) DM: The sling bullet crushes one of the thing's masks.
[Wed Jun 23 21:50:05 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas now.
[Wed Jun 23 21:51:43 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas takes aim carefully and shoots at the statue
[Wed Jun 23 21:51:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(8) + 9] = 17 Damage: [1d8(5) + 2] = 7 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:51:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:52:19 2010] : (2) DM: Though Dorcas shoots straight, the arrow is almost turned aside by the thing's construction. It's Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:01 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Step into the fray
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:09 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(9) + 6] = 15; Damage: [1d8(7) + 4] = 11 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:18 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:38 2010] : (2) DM: Not good enough, this time, as the construct dodges with uncanny grace. Zedd's turn next.
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:41 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc I considered a summon monster, but I have no monsters prepared!
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:56 2010] : (7) Zedd: Step to the side and attack
[Wed Jun 23 21:53:59 2010] : (2) DM: ooc you're a bard, you get spontaneous casting, don't you?
[Wed Jun 23 21:54:01 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(19) + 5] = 24; Damage: [1d6(4) + 2] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:54:02 2010] : (7) Zedd: Shield of Bashing +1 (off hand): [1d20(13) + 5] = 18; Damage: [1d8(5) + 1] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:54:11 2010] : (2) DM: Critical check on the rapier?
[Wed Jun 23 21:54:15 2010] : (7) Zedd: Rapier +1 (main hand): [1d20(1) + 5] = 6; Damage: [1d6(1) + 2] = 3
[Wed Jun 23 21:54:23 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:55:10 2010] : (2) DM: The rapier only just scratches the thing, but Zedd's shield crushes a fair section on its limb.
[Wed Jun 23 21:55:19 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc I have a stack of 3.5e monster nodes. What are you after, Craig?
[Wed Jun 23 21:55:26 2010] : (2) DM: Once again, it sends a mask towards Zedd.
[Wed Jun 23 21:55:28 2010] : (2) DM: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(13) + 4 + 18 / 2 - 5] = 21 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 21:56:00 2010] : (2) DM: The mask fastens itself over Zedd's face, moulding itself to his flesh, and he feels a force battering at his mind. Will save, please.
[Wed Jun 23 21:56:29 2010] : (7) Zedd: Will: [1d20(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 21:56:31 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc standard summon 1 - I have them somewhere, but they are all augmented
[Wed Jun 23 21:56:54 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc oh dear!
[Wed Jun 23 21:56:58 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc I have a fiendish dire rat
[Wed Jun 23 21:57:35 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc that node any use?
[Wed Jun 23 21:57:47 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 21:57:49 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc yup, ta
[Wed Jun 23 21:58:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: Summon Natures Ally 2 - Begin: Level 2 - Keryn begins to Summon something
[Wed Jun 23 21:58:46 2010] : (2) DM: OK, and now it's Dorcas.
[Wed Jun 23 21:59:12 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas once again uses her bow against the enemy
[Wed Jun 23 21:59:13 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(19) + 9] = 28 Damage: [1d8(1) + 2] = 3 HP
[Wed Jun 23 21:59:22 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 21:59:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas looks at Zedd, with worry on her face
[Wed Jun 23 22:00:04 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc in Pathfinder I get a celestial dire rat!
[Wed Jun 23 22:00:25 2010] : (2) DM: Critical?
[Wed Jun 23 22:00:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Do they have wings and halo's?
[Wed Jun 23 22:00:40 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(14) + 9] = 23 Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:00:58 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc I didn't even see that
[Wed Jun 23 22:01:09 2010] : (2) DM: Again, Dorcas shoots straight. It's now Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:01:09 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc Dire rat with wings... Is that a pigeon?
[Wed Jun 23 22:02:01 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc
[Wed Jun 23 22:02:01 2010] : (6) Dorcas: S
[Wed Jun 23 22:02:15 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Surely nothing as nasty as pigeons
[Wed Jun 23 22:02:44 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion?
[Wed Jun 23 22:03:21 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps concentrating, steps back and begins to orate
[Wed Jun 23 22:03:30 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Summon Monster I - Begin: Level 1 - Gwydion begins a Summon spell
[Wed Jun 23 22:03:44 2010] : (2) DM: OK. Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:04:40 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd turns and runs away.
[Wed Jun 23 22:04:54 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:05:15 2010] : ** (2) DM changes which mini got moved :) **
[Wed Jun 23 22:05:21 2010] : (2) DM: Another will save, please.
[Wed Jun 23 22:05:33 2010] : (7) Zedd: Will: [1d20(20) + 0] = 20
[Wed Jun 23 22:05:55 2010] : (2) DM: The golem sends a mask flying at Keryn's face, as Zedd shakes off the influence of the mask - though not the mask itself, which is still attached.
[Wed Jun 23 22:05:57 2010] : (2) DM: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(6) + 4 + 18 / 2 - 5] = 14 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 22:06:04 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn, what's your CMD?
[Wed Jun 23 22:06:06 2010] : (4) Keryn: CMD: 10 + BAB + Str + Dex: [10 + 2 + 0 + 2] = 14
[Wed Jun 23 22:06:52 2010] : (2) DM: A mask attaches itself to Keryn's face, forming itself into a featureless white plate with just a pair of eye-holes. Keryn finds himself unable to breath, speak or hear.
[Wed Jun 23 22:07:18 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn's turn; his spell fails.
[Wed Jun 23 22:07:40 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn panics and tries to rip the mask off
[Wed Jun 23 22:07:53 2010] : (2) DM: Combat manoever check, please.
[Wed Jun 23 22:07:58 2010] : (4) Keryn: CMB: BAB + Str: [2 + 0] = 2
[Wed Jun 23 22:08:04 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(14) + 0 + 2 + 0 + 0] = 16 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 22:08:21 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn struggles withh the mask, but can't remove it. Dorcas?
[Wed Jun 23 22:08:44 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas keeps on shooting her arrows
[Wed Jun 23 22:08:47 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(6) + 9] = 15 Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:08:55 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:09:26 2010] : (2) DM: The arrow glances off, and buries itself in the far door.
[Wed Jun 23 22:09:28 2010] : (2) DM: [1d6(1) - 1] = 0
[Wed Jun 23 22:09:40 2010] : (2) DM: oops
[Wed Jun 23 22:09:51 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion's turn; his summoning spell is complete
[Wed Jun 23 22:10:01 2010] : (2) DM: [1d6(4)] = 4
[Wed Jun 23 22:10:04 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Celestial Dire Rat: Gwydion completes his Summon Monster I spell - Celestial Dire Rat (AC 14, Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5)
[Wed Jun 23 22:10:29 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(20) + 3 + 0 + 1] = 24; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2 + 1] = 4 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 22:10:35 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(15) + 3 + 0 + 1] = 19; Damage: [1d4(4) + 2 + 1] = 7 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 22:10:54 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion steps in to flank
[Wed Jun 23 22:11:19 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(4) + 8] = 12; Damage: [1d8(7) + 4] = 11 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:11:24 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:11:38 2010] : (2) DM: The rat does a fair amount of damage, and it's Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:11:43 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Inspire Courage - sustain: Gwydion concentrates on his inspirational oration... +1 competence bonus to attack and damage; +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects until Gwydion stops singing.
[Wed Jun 23 22:11:50 2010] : (7) Zedd: "Damn this mask"
[Wed Jun 23 22:12:04 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd tries pulling off the mask while returning to the fight.
[Wed Jun 23 22:12:08 2010] : (7) Zedd: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(8) + 4] = 12
[Wed Jun 23 22:12:15 2010] : (2) DM: And a will save, please.
[Wed Jun 23 22:12:27 2010] : (7) Zedd: Will: [1d20(7) + 0] = 7
[Wed Jun 23 22:12:51 2010] : (2) DM: It's controlled you again, and tells you to run away.
[Wed Jun 23 22:13:08 2010] : (2) DM: The creature sends a mask towards Gwydion.
[Wed Jun 23 22:13:09 2010] : (2) DM: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(18) + 4 + 18 / 2 - 5] = 26 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 22:13:18 2010] : (2) DM: Yeah. Will save, please!
[Wed Jun 23 22:13:54 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(12) + 1 + 3] = 16
[Wed Jun 23 22:14:15 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion shakes off the prying at his mind. It's Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:14:40 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(9) + 0 + 2 + 0 + 0] = 11
[Wed Jun 23 22:14:53 2010] : (2) DM: The mask remains attached. What's your Constitution?
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:05 2010] : (2) DM: (And it's Dorcas)
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:09 2010] : (4) Keryn: Constitution: [1d20(13) + 16 / 2 - 5 + 3 / 2] = 17
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:30 2010] : (2) DM: 16, then :-)
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:37 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas continues what she started
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:41 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(1) + 9] = 10 Damage: [1d8(4) + 2] = 6 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc And misses
[Wed Jun 23 22:15:52 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:16:05 2010] : (2) DM: OK, it's Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:16:12 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(11) + 1 + 3] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 22:16:13 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(20) + 1 + 3] = 24
[Wed Jun 23 22:16:30 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc ah, tree pressing again
[Wed Jun 23 22:16:46 2010] : (2) DM: I'll take the first of those, but Gwydion's shaken off the effects this round. Now he gets to act.
[Wed Jun 23 22:16:53 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Ratty attacks
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:02 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(19) + 3 + 2 + 1] = 25; Damage: [1d4(1) + 2 + 1] = 4 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:21 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion tries the same
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:23 2010] : (2) DM: The rat's bite fails to get through the masks.
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:29 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(5) + 8] = 13; Damage: [1d8(2) + 4] = 6 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:39 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:40 2010] : (2) DM: OK, Zedd's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc my rolls have been poor tonight
[Wed Jun 23 22:17:49 2010] : (7) Zedd: Run! Run!
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:01 2010] : (2) DM: (And a will save for the next round, please)
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:05 2010] : (7) Zedd: Will: [1d20(9) + 0] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:07 2010] : (7) Zedd: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:16 2010] : (2) DM: The golem sends a mask flying towards Dorcas.
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:18 2010] : (2) DM: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(15) + 4 + 18 / 2 - 5] = 23 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:35 2010] : (6) Dorcas: That's a hit
[Wed Jun 23 22:18:45 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas finds herself imprisoned behind a featureless mask; she can't speak, hear or breathe. Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:19:01 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(7) + 0 + 2 + 0 + 0] = 9
[Wed Jun 23 22:19:09 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc we appear to be fucked
[Wed Jun 23 22:19:25 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc the rat will finish it ;-)
[Wed Jun 23 22:19:34 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas next.
[Wed Jun 23 22:19:43 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc It'll beat it to death with its halo
[Wed Jun 23 22:19:45 2010] : (2) DM: ooc this thing is far harder than its CR suggests!
[Wed Jun 23 22:20:09 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc that and the dice gos hate us tonight ;)
[Wed Jun 23 22:20:21 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc it effectively has the ability to one shot people out of the fight
[Wed Jun 23 22:20:23 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc was that the answer? The dice are the real gods
[Wed Jun 23 22:20:30 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc lol
[Wed Jun 23 22:20:38 2010] : (2) DM: ooc no, it wasn't, but I might have laughed.
[Wed Jun 23 22:21:05 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas?
[Wed Jun 23 22:21:13 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc I think 'the Dice' or 'the DM' should've been valid answers
[Wed Jun 23 22:21:40 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc did we actually know the real god names and just forgot or is it information we didn't know?
[Wed Jun 23 22:21:49 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Will save?
[Wed Jun 23 22:22:03 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's a riddle/secret answer
[Wed Jun 23 22:22:26 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas: it's a combat manoeuver check to remove the mask.
[Wed Jun 23 22:22:28 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc It's fair enough for us not to know it, it is a secret after all
[Wed Jun 23 22:22:33 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(7) + 4] = 11 vs CMD
[Wed Jun 23 22:23:26 2010] : (2) DM: ooc if you'd known in character I'd have told you; I'm not going to punish the characters because we haven't played in a month!
[Wed Jun 23 22:23:39 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas fails to pry the mask off her face. It's Gwydion's turn now.
[Wed Jun 23 22:23:40 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Fair enough
[Wed Jun 23 22:23:46 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Bite: Celestial Dire Rat: [1d20(9) + 3 + 2 + 1] = 15; Damage: [1d4(2) + 2 + 1] = 5 HP and Diseased
[Wed Jun 23 22:23:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(13) + 8] = 21; Damage: [1d8(6) + 4] = 10 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:24:07 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:24:36 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion finally lands a solid blow, but the rat only serves as a distraction. Will save, please.
[Wed Jun 23 22:24:46 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(11) + 1 + 3] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:04 2010] : (2) DM: The golem is now very battered, and Gwydion once again fights off its influence.
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:17 2010] : (2) DM: Zedd is still under the mask's control.
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:20 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Open/Close: Level 0 -
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:21 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Wisdom: [1d20(16) + 12 / 2 - 5] = 17
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:25 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Escape Artist: [1d20(11) + 2 + 2 + 3 - 3] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Ride: [1d20(19) + 2 + 0 - 3] = 18
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:27 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Ride: [1d20(12) + 2 + 0 - 3] = 11
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:28 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Ride: [1d20(17) + 2 + 0 - 3] = 16
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:29 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Ride: [1d20(16) + 2 + 0 - 3] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:32 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc stop typing!!!!!!
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:34 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc Grrrr
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:39 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 23 22:25:45 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc would any knowledge roll have helped us?
[Wed Jun 23 22:26:05 2010] : (2) DM: ooc on what? The "true gods"? I really doubt it.
[Wed Jun 23 22:26:13 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc on the statue
[Wed Jun 23 22:26:33 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc i.e vulnerabilities/resistances
[Wed Jun 23 22:26:43 2010] : (2) DM: Ah. Knowledge (engineering) would be best.
[Wed Jun 23 22:26:47 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Knowledge Engineering: [1d20(16) + 2 + 3 / 2 + 1 + 3] = 23
[Wed Jun 23 22:27:55 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion's aware that grease will make the masks slippery and less likely to attach, and sonic attacks will affect the golem normally. It's otherwise immune to magic.
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:18 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc that's useful info now I've used all my spells
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:37 2010] : (2) DM: ooc my apologies for the error!
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:38 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc I'd nothing in that line anyway
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:40 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Too bad
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:43 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc and grease is in my repertoir
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:52 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc LOL
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:53 2010] : (2) DM: As Zedd runs, he gets another will save.
[Wed Jun 23 22:28:58 2010] : (7) Zedd: Will: [1d20(6) + 0] = 6
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:07 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc I'm awesome
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:10 2010] : (2) DM: ooc he's not having a good day!
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:18 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Will of Iron, he has
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:20 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc this is the point where someone pulls out a Sonic Sword of Grease +3
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:32 2010] : (2) DM: The golem, having attached a mask to each of its enemies, turns on the rat.
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:35 2010] : (2) DM: Slam attack: [1d20(8) + 8] = 16 damage [1d8(7) + 4] = 11
[1d20(3) + 8] = 11 damage [1d8(4) + 4] = 8

[Wed Jun 23 22:29:40 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc the Doctor whould come in handy
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:48 2010] : (2) DM: The rat takes 11 damage, and it's Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:52 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(3) + 0 + 2 + 0 + 0] = 5
[Wed Jun 23 22:29:53 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc he sonics everything anyway!
[Wed Jun 23 22:30:15 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Screwdrivers are awesome (especially the drinks)
[Wed Jun 23 22:30:23 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc I wonder if I could I summon a blue hedgehog?
[Wed Jun 23 22:30:30 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn is still trapped behind the mask, though he's not short of breath yet. Dorcas?
[Wed Jun 23 22:30:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Go for it!
[Wed Jun 23 22:30:56 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas leaves the mask for now and shoots again
[Wed Jun 23 22:30:59 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(12) + 9] = 21 Damage: [1d8(6) + 2] = 8 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:31:00 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc he'll be getting close to it soon
[Wed Jun 23 22:31:29 2010] : (2) DM: OK, it's Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:31:31 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Can I attack AND try to remove the mask?
[Wed Jun 23 22:31:43 2010] : (2) DM: ooc no; removing the mask is a standard action.
[Wed Jun 23 22:31:46 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc it's not removing my squiggle!
[Wed Jun 23 22:31:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc OK
[Wed Jun 23 22:32:28 2010] : (2) DM: ooc the squiggle shall be considered gone :)
[Wed Jun 23 22:32:29 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc got it eventually
[Wed Jun 23 22:32:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc disappears before my next go
[Wed Jun 23 22:33:12 2010] : (2) DM: It's your go, so the rat's vanished.
[Wed Jun 23 22:33:21 2010] : (2) DM: Oh no, this is its last round here.
[Wed Jun 23 22:33:26 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion keeps attacking in the hope that destroying it will release the masks
[Wed Jun 23 22:33:41 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(12) + 8] = 20; Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:33:48 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc it's gone now
[Wed Jun 23 22:33:59 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc it had 3 attacks
[Wed Jun 23 22:34:24 2010] : (2) DM: The construct staggers, but isn't quite out of it yet. Zedd cowers at the bottom of the stairs, and gets a new will save.
[Wed Jun 23 22:34:41 2010] : (7) Zedd: Will: [1d20(11) + 0] = 11
[Wed Jun 23 22:34:50 2010] : (2) DM: ooc it's not your night!
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:07 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(16) + 1 + 3] = 20
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:13 2010] : (2) DM: The golem, briefly perplexed at the rat vanishing, turns to attack Gwydion.
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:16 2010] : (2) DM: Slam attack: [1d20(18) + 8] = 26 damage [1d8(5) + 4] = 9
[1d20(17) + 8] = 25 damage [1d8(6) + 4] = 10

[Wed Jun 23 22:35:23 2010] : (2) DM: 19 damage.
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:36 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc Ouch
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:39 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:40 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion staggers under the onslaught
[Wed Jun 23 22:35:47 2010] : (4) Keryn: Combat Manoeuvre: [1d20(13) + 0 + 2 + 0 + 0] = 15
[Wed Jun 23 22:36:23 2010] : (2) DM: Keryn's still trapped, and it's Dorcas to go.
[Wed Jun 23 22:36:45 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas wants to take the golem down, so she shoots again
[Wed Jun 23 22:36:48 2010] : (6) Dorcas: MW Longbow: [1d20(7) + 9] = 16 Damage: [1d8(6) + 2] = 8 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:36:49 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn is really starting to panic now
[Wed Jun 23 22:37:00 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:37:11 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion tries to keep conscious while fighting
[Wed Jun 23 22:37:23 2010] : (2) DM: Dorcas doesn't quite hit the thing. It's Gwydion's turn.
[Wed Jun 23 22:37:30 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Longsword + 1: [1d20(11) + 6] = 17; Damage: [1d8(8) + 4] = 12 HP. Crit confirm?:[0] = 0 Damage: [0] = 0 HP
[Wed Jun 23 22:37:42 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Will: [1d20(17) + 1 + 3] = 21
[Wed Jun 23 22:38:00 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Done
[Wed Jun 23 22:38:41 2010] : (2) DM: Gwydion, staggering though he is, plants his sword into the statue. It crashes to the ground in a heap of broken masks, and the other combatants are released from their imprisonment.
[Wed Jun 23 22:38:55 2010] : (2) DM: 300xp each, for taking out the golem.
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:02 2010] : (4) Keryn: Keryn rips the mask off and gasps for air desperately
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:13 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gwydion takes an enormous breath in
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:26 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd races back up the stairs as soon as the mask falls off.
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:33 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc the same XP as the door??
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:39 2010] : (2) DM: Status: Gwydion is injured (19), while the others are not.
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:50 2010] : (7) Zedd: He kicks the golem. and curses.
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:54 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yeah, same CR. You don't want to know how much the door would hurt!
[Wed Jun 23 22:39:57 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Ow, ow, ow"
[Wed Jun 23 22:40:14 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc The *bleep*
[Wed Jun 23 22:40:21 2010] : (5) Gwydion: Gods that thing could clobber!"
[Wed Jun 23 22:40:31 2010] : (7) Zedd: "I hope we don't meet another one of these magical things. Give me something with teeth and claws any day."
[Wed Jun 23 22:40:34 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Those masks.... "
[Wed Jun 23 22:40:56 2010] : (4) Keryn: "I have a bit of a... thing about suffocating"
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:05 2010] : (2) DM: As Zedd kicks the heap of masks, something glints in the lantern-light. It turns out to be a single large sapphire, and there's some silver masks with gold trim in the heap as well.
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:06 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc are we on 8900 XP then?
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:10 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Do you have any healing Keryn?"
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:10 2010] : (6) Dorcas: "That was nasty"
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:20 2010] : (2) DM: ooc yes, you are.
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:23 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc I have 8600
[Wed Jun 23 22:41:26 2010] : (6) Dorcas: ooc I have 8600
[Wed Jun 23 22:42:12 2010] : (4) Keryn: "Unfortunately no, I am almost out of spells"
[Wed Jun 23 22:42:22 2010] : (5) Gwydion: ooc but... almost level 4 (and level 2 spells!)
[Wed Jun 23 22:42:23 2010] : (7) Zedd: Zedd picks through the debris and picks up the valuble items.
[Wed Jun 23 22:42:26 2010] : (2) DM: ooc that makes sense; it was 7700 downstairs, then three lots of 300 upstairs.
[Wed Jun 23 22:42:39 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc how many valuble masks?
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:06 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "I have some potions, but prefer to save them for emergencies. I guess now's a good time"
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:06 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Dorcas examines the room
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:12 2010] : (2) DM: ooc there's 8 of them.
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:12 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc my mistake. 8600 XP it is then.
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:16 2010] : (6) Dorcas: Perception: [1d20(13) + 9] = 22
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:17 2010] : (4) Keryn: ooc Wild shape coming up... :)
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:48 2010] : (2) DM: ooc the masks are worth 1000gp total, and the sapphire is worth 500. It may be difficult to sell the masks, though.
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:53 2010] : (7) Zedd: ooc finish here?
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:56 2010] : (5) Gwydion: "Gwydion roots around and finds the healing liquor in his bag"
[Wed Jun 23 22:43:57 2010] : (2) DM: GAME END