Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed May 5 20:10:23 2010] : (17) DM: GAME START
[Wed May 5 20:11:38 2010] : (17) DM: The rulers of both the town and the guild have asked you to arrest Lady Katya who is behind the plot to destabilize the town and sieze more power.
[Wed May 5 20:12:08 2010] : (17) DM: You're on the streets having just defeated a group of her loyal supporters.
[Wed May 5 20:12:57 2010] : (20) Elora: hello?
[Wed May 5 20:13:08 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc oops
[Wed May 5 20:13:10 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I'm here
[Wed May 5 20:13:13 2010] : (20) Elora: oc I had scroll off :)
[Wed May 5 20:13:23 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc :)
[Wed May 5 20:13:54 2010] : (17) DM: Lady Katya's house is not much further and when you reach it you see the gates standing wide open and inside the groups there's a buzz of activity as servants load up a cart with supplies and creates.
[Wed May 5 20:14:00 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena puts the bodies behind the door of the house with the elven archer
[Wed May 5 20:14:07 2010] : (17) DM: ooc that scroll on/off button needs to die.
[Wed May 5 20:14:39 2010] : (17) DM: Standing on the steps ordering everyone is a woman in chainmail armor with a longsword strapped to her hip.
[Wed May 5 20:15:22 2010] : (17) DM: On a balcony overlooking the driveway are two elven archer's with bows at the ready. Two armed guards are also guarding the door.
[Wed May 5 20:15:38 2010] : (19) Helena: "Looks like the lady is getting ready to leave"
[Wed May 5 20:16:52 2010] : (19) Helena: "What's the plan?"
[Wed May 5 20:17:02 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Katya's sees you approach and calls out to you.
[Wed May 5 20:17:45 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: "I have not quarrel with you. Allow us to leave and we won't have to kill you."
[Wed May 5 20:17:50 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc did we rest up?
[Wed May 5 20:17:57 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc for 5 minutes
[Wed May 5 20:18:03 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I think we did
[Wed May 5 20:18:05 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: ooc yes
[Wed May 5 20:18:35 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc ok, I missed a step here.
[Wed May 5 20:18:40 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc /me needst o catch up
[Wed May 5 20:19:13 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc What's that lord's name again?
[Wed May 5 20:19:33 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: ooc Lord Varlam Denis
[Wed May 5 20:20:04 2010] : (19) Helena: "Lord Varlam Denis requests the pleasure of your company, right now"
[Wed May 5 20:20:28 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: "I decline the invitation."
[Wed May 5 20:20:48 2010] : (19) Helena: "I'm afraid he's left you no choice"
[Wed May 5 20:20:50 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: "Please convey my regrets to Varlam", she adds insincerely.
[Wed May 5 20:21:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Enough people have died through your actions"
[Wed May 5 20:21:58 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Don't allow more to die by resisting and dragging your paeons into your desperate fight"
[Wed May 5 20:22:20 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: "Must we draw blades or will you take the noble path and stand aside?"
[Wed May 5 20:22:25 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas announces to all
[Wed May 5 20:22:36 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "This woman is under arrest"
[Wed May 5 20:22:39 2010] : (18) Zotin: "The Noble path? Pah!"
[Wed May 5 20:22:56 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Lay down your arms, and you shall see clemency"
[Wed May 5 20:23:04 2010] : (19) Helena: "Noble path? You've just tried to get us ambushed"
[Wed May 5 20:23:06 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Risist and you shall meet death today"
[Wed May 5 20:23:15 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: ooc diplomacy roll
[Wed May 5 20:23:23 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+2+5] => [16,2,2,5] = (25)
[Wed May 5 20:23:27 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena loads her bow
[Wed May 5 20:24:02 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc risist??
[Wed May 5 20:24:12 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: One of the archers lowers there bow and surrenders.
[Wed May 5 20:24:24 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc woot!
[Wed May 5 20:24:44 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: The others waver and look uncertain.
[Wed May 5 20:24:48 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc The spell check police is here?
[Wed May 5 20:24:54 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "This is not a fight that can be won"
[Wed May 5 20:25:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "This is an island. The docks are closed"
[Wed May 5 20:25:20 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Where will you flee?"
[Wed May 5 20:25:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "And do you think that she will take you with her?"
[Wed May 5 20:25:44 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "A slit throat shall be your reward for loyalty"
[Wed May 5 20:26:10 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: (speaking to her soldiers) "Stand fast and we shall prevail. The island has been too long under the silver-buckled shoe of mincing merchants!"
[Wed May 5 20:26:20 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed May 5 20:26:21 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: [1d20+3+1+5] => [12,3,1,5] = (21)
[Wed May 5 20:26:30 2010] : (19) Helena: "And the moment you leave with her you'll be branded traitors"
[Wed May 5 20:26:52 2010] : (19) Helena: "Whereas now you'll only be judged as employees"
[Wed May 5 20:26:55 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: The three guards draw their weapons and step forwards or aim their bow.
[Wed May 5 20:27:11 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "You were given a chance."
[Wed May 5 20:27:14 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Roll initiative
[Wed May 5 20:27:19 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas draws
[Wed May 5 20:27:22 2010] : (18) Zotin: Initiative
[Wed May 5 20:27:22 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+2+1+2] => [18,2,1,2] = (23) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed May 5 20:27:24 2010] : (18) Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [10,1,3,4,2] = (20)
[Wed May 5 20:27:33 2010] : (19) Helena: Initiative: [1d20+2+5+2+4] => [12,2,5,2,4] = (25) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader, +4 for Improved Initiative
[Wed May 5 20:27:37 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 4] => [18,1,4] = (23)
[Wed May 5 20:27:38 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 4] => [1,1,4] = (6)
[Wed May 5 20:27:52 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Initiative: [1d20 + 3/2 + 2] => [4,1,2] = (7)
[Wed May 5 20:27:55 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Initiative: [1d20 + 3/2 + 2] => [11,1,2] = (14)
[Wed May 5 20:28:01 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Initiative: [1d20 + 4/2 + 1] => [1,2,1] = (4)
[Wed May 5 20:28:04 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc there's a pathfinder ruleset for PCGen
[Wed May 5 20:28:34 2010] : (20) Elora: Initiative: [1d20 + 2 +2] => [19,2,2] = (23) (includes +2 combat leader)
[Wed May 5 20:28:45 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc oooo
[Wed May 5 20:29:38 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc my dex is +1 if that's the secondary decider in initiative in 4e
[Wed May 5 20:29:41 2010] : (17) DM: Helena?
[Wed May 5 20:30:05 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena aims at an archer (B) and lets fly
[Wed May 5 20:30:09 2010] : (19) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [8,5,2,2] = (17) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [2,5,3] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [6,8] = (14) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed May 5 20:30:10 2010] : (19) Helena: First Strike: (EP) Effect: At encounter start, I get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
[Wed May 5 20:30:13 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora holds her axe firmly in her hands
[Wed May 5 20:30:29 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed May 5 20:31:31 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc which enemy is which?
[Wed May 5 20:32:12 2010] : (17) DM: ooc A-B are elven archer's, C-D and human guards, E is Lady Katya.
[Wed May 5 20:32:21 2010] : (17) DM: ooc A surrenders and is out of the fight
[Wed May 5 20:33:21 2010] : (17) DM: Helena's bolt strikes true and sticks deep into the elf's shoulder, nicking a major artery. Blood pours down the elf's arm.
[Wed May 5 20:33:26 2010] : (17) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed May 5 20:33:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc thanks DM - it's great to be rewarded for smart use of skills
[Wed May 5 20:33:56 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas strides forwards purposefully
[Wed May 5 20:33:59 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed May 5 20:34:04 2010] : (17) DM: Elora?
[Wed May 5 20:34:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I've got no regular booze in a dinkable state!!
[Wed May 5 20:34:55 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora follows Barnanas, as purposefully
[Wed May 5 20:35:38 2010] : (17) DM: ooc done?
[Wed May 5 20:35:50 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc no, wait a sec, I'm looking up my walk thing
[Wed May 5 20:36:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc cava is warm, as is a bottle of d'oc rose... no beer. Only wine tagged bottles (not for frivolous boozing) and the spirit cupboard remain
[Wed May 5 20:36:14 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc I can do a double move?
[Wed May 5 20:36:24 2010] : (17) DM: ooc yes
[Wed May 5 20:36:43 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc I'll have a beer on your behalf
[Wed May 5 20:37:10 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora gets dangerously close to LAdy Katya
[Wed May 5 20:37:14 2010] : (20) Elora: done.
[Wed May 5 20:37:18 2010] : (17) DM: Zotin?
[Wed May 5 20:37:51 2010] : (18) Zotin: Zotin moves no closer than he has to
[Wed May 5 20:37:52 2010] : (18) Zotin: Done
[Wed May 5 20:38:13 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc LOL@Zotin
[Wed May 5 20:38:55 2010] : (17) DM: The guards charge at Elora with halberds lowered.
[Wed May 5 20:39:09 2010] : (17) DM: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [2,10] = (12) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed May 5 20:39:10 2010] : (17) DM: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [15,10] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [4,3] = (7) and target is marked
[Wed May 5 20:39:38 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: "Aim true and strike hard", call's out Katya as the guard's charge.
[Wed May 5 20:39:43 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Guide the Charge: Ally adds [2] => 2 to damage and pushes target back 2 squares
[Wed May 5 20:40:15 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Take 7 damage as a halberd strike pushes you back.
[Wed May 5 20:40:32 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora ducks the first guard but is hit by the second halberd
[Wed May 5 20:40:33 2010] : (17) Elf: The elf takes careful aim and returns fire at Helenaa.
[Wed May 5 20:40:40 2010] : (17) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [11,7] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Wed May 5 20:40:55 2010] : (17) Elf: The arrow whizzes past her ear.
[Wed May 5 20:41:57 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Lady Katya move and attacks Elora her longsword flashing in the sunlight.
[Wed May 5 20:42:06 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Villain's Nightmare: [1d20+3+4/2+3] => [13,3,2,3] = (21) vs Ref. ===> [3d8+3] => [3,6,3,3] = (15) and target cannot move or run away
[Wed May 5 20:42:30 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc methinks she's not a noble as she makes out ;-)
[Wed May 5 20:42:50 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: The blade cuts deep into Elora's thigh, hindering her movements.
[Wed May 5 20:42:55 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: 15 damage.
[Wed May 5 20:43:07 2010] : (17) DM: Helena?
[Wed May 5 20:44:58 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena sneers as she reloads and aims at the archer
[Wed May 5 20:45:12 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Sorry, scroll lock
[Wed May 5 20:45:17 2010] : (19) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [12,5,2,2] = (21) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [1,5,3] = (9) damage - [2d8] => [2,5] = (7) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed May 5 20:45:25 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed May 5 20:46:31 2010] : (17) DM: Helena's bolt thunks into the elf's chest and pierces his armor. He falls and drops his bow. It clatters on the bloodstained gravel below.
[Wed May 5 20:46:47 2010] : (17) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed May 5 20:46:52 2010] : (19) Helena: "1 down, 3 to go"
[Wed May 5 20:47:06 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas steps behind Katya and yells
[Wed May 5 20:47:28 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Helena, get this bitch"
[Wed May 5 20:47:42 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspired Belligerence: (UP - minor) Effect: All allies gain combat advantage against the target until my next turn.
Special: Inspiring Presence - Allies add Barnabas's Cha mod [2] => 2 to damage rolls vs. the target

[Wed May 5 20:47:53 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [10,3,2,4] = (19) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4) damage normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [1] = (1) cold damage on a crit.
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed May 5 20:48:08 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed May 5 20:48:27 2010] : (17) DM: Katya's finely made chainmail turns the blade aside.
[Wed May 5 20:48:35 2010] : (17) DM: Elora?
[Wed May 5 20:48:39 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc =1 for flank :-(
[Wed May 5 20:48:46 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc +1
[Wed May 5 20:48:46 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc I can't move but I can do a minor action and attack, right?
[Wed May 5 20:48:59 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora mutters under her breath
[Wed May 5 20:49:02 2010] : (17) DM: ooc you can do a move action, just not move away or run.
[Wed May 5 20:49:09 2010] : (20) Elora: Second Wind: (EP) (minor) Effect: Healing surge - regain [10] => 10 HP.
[Wed May 5 20:49:31 2010] : (17) DM: ooc you can still shift
[Wed May 5 20:49:55 2010] : (20) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [3,7,1,2] = (13) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [6,6,2] = (14) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed May 5 20:50:27 2010] : (17) DM: She sways back and barely avoids your swing.
[Wed May 5 20:51:00 2010] : (20) Elora: As Elora heaves her axe, she falters as her slashed thigh and strikes but too lightly.
[Wed May 5 20:51:23 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc as her slashed thigh hurts suddenly
[Wed May 5 20:51:47 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc done.
[Wed May 5 20:52:10 2010] : (17) DM: Zotin?
[Wed May 5 20:52:16 2010] : (20) Elora: 4 dmg, does the +2 still apply? :D
[Wed May 5 20:52:23 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc yes
[Wed May 5 20:52:30 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc cool 6 DMG then
[Wed May 5 20:52:36 2010] : (18) Zotin: Zotin points points hands at Katya and issues forth two rays of ice
[Wed May 5 20:52:38 2010] : (18) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [8,4,2] = (14) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [9,4] = (13) Cold damage.

[Wed May 5 20:52:39 2010] : (18) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [14,4,2] = (20) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [10,4] = (14) Cold damage.

[Wed May 5 20:52:52 2010] : (18) Zotin: done
[Wed May 5 20:53:08 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc ocmbat advantage is +2?
[Wed May 5 20:53:16 2010] : (17) DM: One of your ray strikes and frosts her hair and burns her skin.
[Wed May 5 20:53:26 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I'm not in a great position here ;-)
[Wed May 5 20:53:41 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc She is immobile til end of my next turn
[Wed May 5 20:53:50 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc having said that, they would have closed in any time
[Wed May 5 20:54:06 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc dont even have to close in - got reach 2
[Wed May 5 20:54:18 2010] : (17) Guard: The guards swing their halberds at Barnabas.
[Wed May 5 20:54:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I meant if I stayed out of reach
[Wed May 5 20:54:30 2010] : (17) Guard: Powerful Strike: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [14,10] = (24) vs AC ===> [1d10+7] => [5,7] = (12) and target is knocked prone
[Wed May 5 20:54:31 2010] : (17) Guard: Powerful Strike: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [8,10] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d10+7] => [10,7] = (17) and target is knocked prone
[Wed May 5 20:54:47 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas falls over with the force of the blow
[Wed May 5 20:55:20 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Lady Katya siezes the advantage and presses the attack on Barnabas.
[Wed May 5 20:55:28 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Surprise Attack: [1d20+3+4/2+3] => [9,3,2,3] = (17) vs AC ===> [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9) and ally within 5 squares makes a basic melee attack w/ combat advantage
[Wed May 5 20:55:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas deftly wriggles on the floor
[Wed May 5 20:56:08 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc interesting mental image
[Wed May 5 20:56:13 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed May 5 20:56:26 2010] : (15) Henry: ooc you're breaking my mind!
[Wed May 5 20:56:38 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: You parry the blow with your own blade. Turning aside the attack.
[Wed May 5 20:56:55 2010] : (17) DM: Helena? You have combat advantage against Lady K.
[Wed May 5 20:57:26 2010] : (17) DM: ooc combat advantag is +2 btw.
[Wed May 5 20:57:35 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena moves to get a better aim at the lady and shoots
[Wed May 5 20:57:37 2010] : (19) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [14,5,2,2] = (23) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [1,5,3] = (9) damage - [2d8] => [2,1] = (3) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed May 5 20:57:51 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc brb
[Wed May 5 20:57:51 2010] : (19) Helena: And done
[Wed May 5 20:58:00 2010] : (17) DM: A hit
[Wed May 5 20:58:23 2010] : (17) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed May 5 20:58:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas steps to the side
[Wed May 5 20:59:08 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc can I do that and stand up... I forgot I was prone
[Wed May 5 21:00:05 2010] : (17) DM: ooc no.
[Wed May 5 21:00:14 2010] : (17) DM: ooc unless you want to forgo your attack
[Wed May 5 21:00:19 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas stands ;-)
[Wed May 5 21:00:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Warlord's Strike: (EP) Str vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [8,3,2,4] = (17) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [8,4,3] = (15) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [4] = (4) cold damage on a crit). Until the end of my next turn all allies gain a +3 bonus to damage vs. the target.
[Wed May 5 21:01:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed May 5 21:01:12 2010] : (17) DM: She blocks the attack.
[Wed May 5 21:01:17 2010] : (17) DM: Elora?
[Wed May 5 21:01:27 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I assume Elora's second wind healed her enough
[Wed May 5 21:01:36 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc for now, yes.
[Wed May 5 21:02:02 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora tries to aim more clearly this time (can I move) and swings her axe mightily
[Wed May 5 21:02:17 2010] : (20) Elora: Spinning Sweep: (EP)Greataxe +2 [1d20+7+1+2] => [14,7,1,2] = (24) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [3,6,2] = (11) - You knock the target prone
[Wed May 5 21:02:31 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Nice!
[Wed May 5 21:02:48 2010] : (17) DM: Elora attacks from behind with a mighty swing, knocking her to the ground.
[Wed May 5 21:03:17 2010] : (20) Elora: Taken into the heat of battle, Elora strrikes again (using Action Point)
[Wed May 5 21:03:23 2010] : (20) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [19,7,1,2] = (29) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [4,6,2] = (12) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed May 5 21:03:30 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Presence: Ally that sees me and uses an AP for an extra action regains [2+2+2] => 6 HP
[Wed May 5 21:03:36 2010] : (20) Elora: done.
[Wed May 5 21:03:46 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc good round!
[Wed May 5 21:04:06 2010] : (17) DM: Deftly twisting her axe she swings again in the other direction and lands another hit.
[Wed May 5 21:04:10 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc (do we have 1 or 2 AP?)
[Wed May 5 21:04:17 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc 1
[Wed May 5 21:04:24 2010] : (17) DM: Zotin?
[Wed May 5 21:04:29 2010] : (18) Zotin: oco I used mine in the last fight :(
[Wed May 5 21:04:34 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc me too
[Wed May 5 21:04:50 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc I wasn't in the last fight! :D
[Wed May 5 21:04:52 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Want to borrow mine?
[Wed May 5 21:05:08 2010] : (18) Zotin: As if from nowhere, Zotin conjures a flaming sphere and directs it to attack Katya
[Wed May 5 21:05:10 2010] : (18) Zotin: Flaming Sphere: (DP) Ranged 10 - To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [3,4,2] = (9) - Hit: [2d6+(19/2-5)] => [5,5,4] = (14) fire damage.
[Wed May 5 21:05:41 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc 1d4 + 4 fire damage at the start of her turn
[Wed May 5 21:05:48 2010] : (18) Zotin: done
[Wed May 5 21:05:54 2010] : (17) DM: She dodges the sphere.
[Wed May 5 21:06:07 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc was placing it between me and her, btw
[Wed May 5 21:06:10 2010] : (17) Guard: The guards attack Barnabas
[Wed May 5 21:06:24 2010] : (17) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [1,10] = (11) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [9,3] = (12) and target is marked
[Wed May 5 21:06:25 2010] : (17) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [14,10] = (24) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [9,3] = (12) and target is marked
[Wed May 5 21:06:51 2010] : (17) Guard: One fumbles drops his halberd, she steps back and surrenders.
[Wed May 5 21:07:14 2010] : (17) Guard: The other scores a hit.
[Wed May 5 21:07:30 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas winces in pain as the blade scrapes his spine
[Wed May 5 21:07:56 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Lady Katya stands up and attacks Barnabas again
[Wed May 5 21:08:00 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Longsword: [1d20+3+4/2+3] => [9,3,2,3] = (17) vs AC ===> [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Wed May 5 21:08:13 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: You parry the strike effortlessly.
[Wed May 5 21:08:20 2010] : (17) DM: Helena?
[Wed May 5 21:08:34 2010] : (16) Barnabas: barnabas hols up his shield to parry and laughs in her face as blood drips from his back
[Wed May 5 21:08:48 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena wants to end the fight, so she fires at lady Katya again
[Wed May 5 21:08:49 2010] : (19) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [11,5,2,2] = (20) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [4,5,3] = (12) damage - [2d8] => [6,1] = (7) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed May 5 21:08:56 2010] : (19) Helena: Sneak in the Attack: (EP) Effect: Until the start of my next turn, the next ally who hits the target and has combat advantage against it deals extra damage against it equal to my Sneak Attack damage.
[Wed May 5 21:09:06 2010] : (19) Helena: "Let's get her now"
[Wed May 5 21:09:15 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed May 5 21:09:38 2010] : (17) DM: Your bolt is turned aside by her armor.
[Wed May 5 21:09:48 2010] : (17) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed May 5 21:10:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: barnabas speaks to himself in strong words and looks heartened
[Wed May 5 21:10:54 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 1st Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed May 5 21:11:07 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [20,3,2,4] = (29) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [8,6,3] = (17) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [1] = (1) cold damage on a crit.), then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed May 5 21:11:22 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc woot crit!
[Wed May 5 21:11:37 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc ad 2 to my 6 and a 1! :-(
[Wed May 5 21:11:41 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc that 1 extra dmg must be giving her pause for thought
[Wed May 5 21:11:50 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed May 5 21:12:03 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Don't forget to add sneak attack damage
[Wed May 5 21:12:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Plus her sneak damage \o/
[Wed May 5 21:12:52 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc nice
[Wed May 5 21:12:55 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed May 5 21:13:10 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Lady Katya looks shocked as Barnabas runs her through with his sword, she grips the sword and falls, dying before she even hits the ground.
[Wed May 5 21:13:11 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc not bothering with any changing places at present
[Wed May 5 21:13:33 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc in that case I will ;-)
[Wed May 5 21:13:38 2010] : (17) DM: The remaining guard seeing such a mortal blow surrenders immediately.
[Wed May 5 21:13:56 2010] : (18) Zotin: "Dont let her die!"
[Wed May 5 21:13:56 2010] : (19) Helena: "That's wise"
[Wed May 5 21:14:08 2010] : (19) Helena: "Barnabas, is she still alive?"
[Wed May 5 21:14:18 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "umm"
[Wed May 5 21:14:22 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Heal: [1d20+-1+2+5] => [6,-1,2,5] = (12)
[Wed May 5 21:14:32 2010] : (17) DM: [2d8] => [8,4] = (12)
[Wed May 5 21:14:59 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas attempts first aid with a swords and shield in hand (and a low Wis score)
[Wed May 5 21:15:24 2010] : (17) DM: There is still the faintest spark of light
[Wed May 5 21:15:29 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc can he not 'Inspire' her? ;)
[Wed May 5 21:15:35 2010] : (17) DM: ooc yes
[Wed May 5 21:15:37 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 2nd Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed May 5 21:15:50 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Armour Class: 19 (21 versus OA)
[Wed May 5 21:15:51 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Bluff: [1d20+2+2] => [5,2,2] = (9)
[Wed May 5 21:15:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+2+5] => [18,2,2,5] = (27)
[Wed May 5 21:15:53 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+2+5] => [6,2,2,5] = (15)
[Wed May 5 21:15:54 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+2+5] => [18,2,2,5] = (27)
[Wed May 5 21:15:54 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+2+5] => [19,2,2,5] = (28)
[Wed May 5 21:15:55 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+2+5] => [15,2,2,5] = (24)
[Wed May 5 21:16:08 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Aaaargh!
[Wed May 5 21:16:20 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Typing while the tree is highlighted
[Wed May 5 21:16:49 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena rummages around for a rope to tie lady Katya with
[Wed May 5 21:16:54 2010] : (16) Barnabas: barnabas whispers in her ear about how the noble face up to their responsibilities
[Wed May 5 21:17:12 2010] : (18) Zotin: Zotin collects the guards weapons
[Wed May 5 21:17:17 2010] : (19) Helena: "Better make sure she won't run away the moment she's fit to walk"
[Wed May 5 21:17:33 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc is there anything that can be done about that David??
[Wed May 5 21:17:35 2010] : (17) DM: Barnabas's efforts succeed and Lady Katya regains conciousness.
[Wed May 5 21:17:48 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena examines the lady's sword
[Wed May 5 21:18:15 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: The sword is nothing special but her amor is very fine indeed (chainmail +2)
[Wed May 5 21:19:01 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc we're not going to undress her surely? That really is robbery
[Wed May 5 21:19:15 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena releaves the lady of her armor
[Wed May 5 21:19:27 2010] : (19) Helena: "If you run away now, we're sure to hit you"
[Wed May 5 21:19:40 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas states in a deep voice...
[Wed May 5 21:19:43 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Dead or alive you're coming with me"
[Wed May 5 21:19:45 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: "I will face Lord Varlam and accept his judgement and even though I am the last of my house, the history books will remember us."
[Wed May 5 21:20:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I am glad my words to you meant enough to bring you around"
[Wed May 5 21:21:18 2010] : (18) Zotin: Zotin sneers at 'Lady' Katya
[Wed May 5 21:21:32 2010] : (19) Helena: "Are we ready to go?"
[Wed May 5 21:22:35 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas grins at Zotin's melodrama
[Wed May 5 21:23:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "We should also bring this guard who did not refuse to fight"
[Wed May 5 21:23:27 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I do not jest about such things"
[Wed May 5 21:23:47 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas grabs guard D
[Wed May 5 21:24:04 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "You shall stand trial before lord Varlam"
[Wed May 5 21:24:07 2010] : (18) Zotin: "I have more respect for the guard than our other opponents"
[Wed May 5 21:24:16 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc *this guard
[Wed May 5 21:24:36 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: The guard allows himself to be arrested.
[Wed May 5 21:25:07 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I have respect for those who are able to see that their mistress is wrong rather than fight"
[Wed May 5 21:25:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas calls the elven archer forward
[Wed May 5 21:25:56 2010] : (17) DM: That archer has legged it.
[Wed May 5 21:26:00 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc is he around or did he leg it?
[Wed May 5 21:26:04 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc OK
[Wed May 5 21:26:17 2010] : (18) Zotin: "How can a guard know who is in the right?"
[Wed May 5 21:26:19 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed May 5 21:26:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "He can listen to reason"
[Wed May 5 21:26:37 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Or he can obey his master"
[Wed May 5 21:26:45 2010] : (19) Helena: "He can listen to the words of the lord of the city"
[Wed May 5 21:26:55 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Either way, he awaits judgement"
[Wed May 5 21:27:09 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas turns to the guard
[Wed May 5 21:27:16 2010] : (18) Zotin: "The reason of people unknown to him with no visible right to do what they do?"
[Wed May 5 21:27:23 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "What is the name of the archer who refused to fight?"
[Wed May 5 21:27:36 2010] : (20) Elora: brb
[Wed May 5 21:27:57 2010] : (17) Guard: "Rizet, sir"
[Wed May 5 21:28:03 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Look, I told him we were from lord Varlam. I spoke with the correct authority"
[Wed May 5 21:28:21 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "OK, he should not have run"
[Wed May 5 21:28:23 2010] : (18) Zotin: "You were given no opportunity to prove it"
[Wed May 5 21:28:49 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Clemency is not the freedom to escape, but the pardon for correct behaviour"
[Wed May 5 21:29:10 2010] : (18) Zotin: "I repect the decision to follow the orders of an employer he knows and presumably trusts"
[Wed May 5 21:29:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Zotin, it saved us a fight. He made the right choice, but we may have to differ on this"
[Wed May 5 21:30:03 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "He did not make the right choice when he ran away, so perhaps he made the choice out of fear rather than respect"
[Wed May 5 21:30:08 2010] : (18) Zotin: "Agreed. Lets go"
[Wed May 5 21:31:18 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I suggest we tie the prisoners and take them and the loaded goods on the wagon back to the palace"
[Wed May 5 21:31:36 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Less chance for surprise escapes"
[Wed May 5 21:31:47 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena ties Katya's hands behind her back and helps her on the wagon
[Wed May 5 21:31:56 2010] : (18) Zotin: "Good idea"
[Wed May 5 21:32:03 2010] : (20) Elora: Elora goes firth to help tying everyone's hands who needs tying
[Wed May 5 21:32:20 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Is anyone still hurt?"
[Wed May 5 21:32:28 2010] : (17) Guard: Okay. You escort your prisoners and the siezed goods back to the castle where Lord Varlam convenes a summary trial.
[Wed May 5 21:32:49 2010] : (19) Helena: "Not a scratch on me, Barnabas"
[Wed May 5 21:33:35 2010] : (20) Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-1] => 11 - HP left: [49-6] => 43
[Wed May 5 21:33:54 2010] : (17) Varlam: "Lady Katya, I am satisfied by the evidence presented to me that you are guilty of high treason, in consipracy to traffic in poisons, and in bringing the nobility into disrepute.
[Wed May 5 21:33:57 2010] : (18) Zotin: "Nothing a bit of a rest and a some ale won't heal"
[Wed May 5 21:34:20 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: 31 out of 40 || Surge Status: 4 out of 8
[Wed May 5 21:34:31 2010] : (17) Varlam: "The only sentence for such serious crimes against the people of this town is death."
[Wed May 5 21:35:53 2010] : (17) Varlam: Lady Katya, bloodied and beaten stands still as the sentence is read out.
[Wed May 5 21:36:04 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas passes information (when the time is right) on Rizet and how refused to fight (good) but failed to remain for surrender (bad) despite being told he would be offered clemency
[Wed May 5 21:37:05 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena stands behind the wagon, examining the goods and trying to calculate the value
[Wed May 5 21:37:06 2010] : (17) Varlam: "The seriousness of your crimes against the people of this town lead me to sentence you to hang like a common criminal. Unless anyone here can say why I should not."
[Wed May 5 21:37:35 2010] : (17) Varlam: ooc anyone going to speak up?
[Wed May 5 21:37:47 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Nope
[Wed May 5 21:38:11 2010] : (18) Zotin: Zotin says nothing
[Wed May 5 21:38:22 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Lord, I would like to speak"
[Wed May 5 21:38:38 2010] : (17) Varlam: Varlam nods. "Very well."
[Wed May 5 21:38:44 2010] : (20) Elora: ZElora makes a gesture, and seeing Barnabas speaks, retreats in silence
[Wed May 5 21:39:27 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I believe lady Katya may have, although very badly implemented, at least some rational reason for her behaviour"
[Wed May 5 21:39:53 2010] : (17) Varlam: "Go on."
[Wed May 5 21:39:54 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I would beg, on my part that you allow her to offer at least some form of justification for her behaviour"
[Wed May 5 21:40:19 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I believe your sentence to be valid and just, but she should have her last words"
[Wed May 5 21:40:57 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "She remained to the last, a noble woman"
[Wed May 5 21:41:04 2010] : (17) Varlam: "Very well." (to Katya) "What do you say to this?"
[Wed May 5 21:41:11 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas sits
[Wed May 5 21:41:14 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Some lawyer you are :P
[Wed May 5 21:41:30 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I like catharsis
[Wed May 5 21:41:38 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc and denouement
[Wed May 5 21:41:48 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc and there was talk of a trial anyway (/me is reading up)
[Wed May 5 21:41:57 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I like dictionaries ;)
[Wed May 5 21:42:09 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc I like French words :P
[Wed May 5 21:42:14 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed May 5 21:42:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc we English like any word that works ;-P
[Wed May 5 21:42:40 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: I have only strived to do what is best for this town. The merchants guild tarnishes our proud and noble history with their green and scheming ways."
[Wed May 5 21:43:04 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc green or greed?
[Wed May 5 21:43:13 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: ooc greed
[Wed May 5 21:43:43 2010] : (17) DM: Varlam responds
[Wed May 5 21:45:30 2010] : (17) Varlam: "Your motivations if not your methods do you credit but you fail to see how the modern world now works. These last weeks has shown us all how important stability is for the economy and properity of this town."
[Wed May 5 21:46:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas nods
[Wed May 5 21:47:12 2010] : (17) Varlam: "However, I am reminded of your family's long and proud history and and hearby commute your sentence to banishment. You assets shall be siezed and you shall have be permitted to set foot on this island again."
[Wed May 5 21:48:28 2010] : (17) Varlam: "You will leave now with this single silver coin as symbol of my clemency." He tosses a coin at her feet.
[Wed May 5 21:49:21 2010] : (17) Lady Katya: Katya bends down to pick up this coin. "I have no need of your charity but I will take your coin to remember the mistakes that I have made."
[Wed May 5 21:49:32 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas flushes somewhat
[Wed May 5 21:49:57 2010] : (17) DM: With those final words Varlam orders Katya taken down to the docks and places on the first ship to sail.
[Wed May 5 21:50:22 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc what's with the joint trial? :(
[Wed May 5 21:50:32 2010] : (17) DM: With the trial over, both Varlam and Isidora hand over the payments they promised.
[Wed May 5 21:50:42 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc ah, that was it :)
[Wed May 5 21:50:45 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I understood she would also be under trial from the merchant guild??
[Wed May 5 21:51:01 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc the DM wants to wrap up :P
[Wed May 5 21:51:05 2010] : (17) DM: Katya's guards are uncerimonously hauled to the castle dungeons to await their fate.
[Wed May 5 21:51:09 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed May 5 21:51:11 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc I imagine the merchants could do little that that Lord Varlam couldn't
[Wed May 5 21:51:24 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed May 5 21:51:37 2010] : (17) DM: ooc uh, did I forget something important. oh dear.
[Wed May 5 21:51:58 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc LOL, forget it - great trial scene DM :-D
[Wed May 5 21:52:21 2010] : (17) DM: ooc pretend that Varlam and Isidora conferred before the final judgement.
[Wed May 5 21:52:23 2010] : (20) Elora: ooc thought so too ;)
[Wed May 5 21:52:54 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc quite likely
[Wed May 5 21:53:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc the voice in the ear
[Wed May 5 21:53:28 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Woman behind the throne
[Wed May 5 21:53:41 2010] : (18) Zotin: ooc bit on the side? ;)
[Wed May 5 21:53:44 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc perhaps they stand to gain with her gone but not dead ;-)
[Wed May 5 21:53:55 2010] : (15) Henry: ooc they can sell stuff to her!
[Wed May 5 21:54:13 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc like her mansion
[Wed May 5 21:54:14 2010] : (17) DM: GAME END