Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Apr 14 19:55:42 2010] : (5) DM: GAME START
[Wed Apr 14 19:56:07 2010] : (5) DM: Helena has returned to the abandoned haunted house with two pieces of evidence.
[Wed Apr 14 19:56:55 2010] : (5) DM: One is a note requesting payment for a shipment of black viper poison. This is a addressed to the merchant Mak Jenko.
[Wed Apr 14 19:57:49 2010] : (5) DM: The second is a ledger of transactions. One of the entries is a suspicious transaction of 10,000 gold pieces payed to Jenko from a Lady Katya.
[Wed Apr 14 19:58:47 2010] : (5) DM: Streetwise check to see if you know of a Lady Katya.
[Wed Apr 14 19:58:53 2010] : (6) Helena: Streetwise: [1d20+3+2+5] => [15,3,2,5] = (25)
[Wed Apr 14 19:58:57 2010] : (7) Zotin: Streetwise: [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Wed Apr 14 19:59:02 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Streetwise: [1d20+2+2] => [20,2,2] = (24)
[Wed Apr 14 19:59:14 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc sure we do!
[Wed Apr 14 19:59:20 2010] : (6) Helena: ooc Nice, a crit
[Wed Apr 14 19:59:25 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc speak for yourself!
[Wed Apr 14 19:59:39 2010] : (6) Helena: ooc What do you want to know about her?
[Wed Apr 14 19:59:49 2010] : (5) DM: I wonder if I should make knowledge rolls secret
[Wed Apr 14 20:00:54 2010] : (6) Helena: ooc I think we know that we know, so what would be the point?
[Wed Apr 14 20:03:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Hmm, this looks mighty suspicious. She's part of the ruling elite"
[Wed Apr 14 20:04:00 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin looks a little puzzled
[Wed Apr 14 20:04:05 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "She's close to Lord Varlam, but perhaps she's trying to undermine hime an manoeuvre herfelf into the top spot"
[Wed Apr 14 20:04:07 2010] : (6) Helena: "Involved with guard, army and security"
[Wed Apr 14 20:04:26 2010] : (6) Helena: "I wonder what Lord Varlam has to say when he reads this"
[Wed Apr 14 20:04:49 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I seem to have a middle Englifh fpeech impediment
[Wed Apr 14 20:05:37 2010] : (6) Helena: ooc You are so old fashioned, I bet you still think it's cool to use a sword to fight with
[Wed Apr 14 20:05:39 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Okaaay, lets get this to Isadora and Lord Varlam"
[Wed Apr 14 20:06:05 2010] : (6) Helena: "Which one first?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:06:44 2010] : (7) Zotin: "How about we try to get them together?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:07:58 2010] : (6) Helena: "Both in the same room? Risky, but it might be worth it"
[Wed Apr 14 20:09:29 2010] : (7) Zotin: "I think we'd have a better chance of getting Isadora to go see Lord Varlam than the other way round"
[Wed Apr 14 20:10:03 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Besides that, if Lord Varlam shows up at the Guild hall Janko will be suspicious"
[Wed Apr 14 20:10:19 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Regardless, we have to move quickly"
[Wed Apr 14 20:10:20 2010] : (6) Helena: "Yes, I can't see Lord Varlam do as we ask him"
[Wed Apr 14 20:11:07 2010] : (6) Helena: 'How about we go visit the lord and tell him we have news concerning both him and Isadora?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:11:26 2010] : (6) Helena: ooc Are we still in the house?
[Wed Apr 14 20:12:06 2010] : (7) Zotin: "I don't think we have the time. The servants will be back soon and may notice something"
[Wed Apr 14 20:12:40 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Lets get out of here safely now"
[Wed Apr 14 20:12:41 2010] : (5) DM: ooc you're in the haunted house
[Wed Apr 14 20:12:47 2010] : (6) Helena: "I don't think they dare to enter his study, nobody likes to get shot at"
[Wed Apr 14 20:12:58 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "We can discuss our move at an inn or something if we need to"
[Wed Apr 14 20:13:01 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin heads for the back door
[Wed Apr 14 20:13:07 2010] : (6) Helena: "Better get out of here before the servants returns"
[Wed Apr 14 20:13:34 2010] : (6) Helena: Helena goes last and locks the door behind them
[Wed Apr 14 20:14:05 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas tries not to look like he's coming from a building he shouldn't be in
[Wed Apr 14 20:15:01 2010] : (5) DM: You leave the house yard without anyone noticing you.
[Wed Apr 14 20:15:52 2010] : (5) DM: Where next?
[Wed Apr 14 20:16:08 2010] : (9) Helena (enter): 20:16
[Wed Apr 14 20:16:28 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc problems?
[Wed Apr 14 20:16:52 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc I just got disconnected, no warning or anything *shrug*
[Wed Apr 14 20:17:02 2010] : (9) Helena: Booting '(6) Helena' from server...
[Wed Apr 14 20:17:03 2010] : (6) Helena (exit): 20:17
[Wed Apr 14 20:17:05 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Any objections to getting Isadora to come see Lord Varlam with us?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:17:15 2010] : (9) Helena: "Not at all"
[Wed Apr 14 20:18:49 2010] : (5) DM: ooc Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 20:19:01 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena heads for the guild hall, keeping the evidence out of sight
[Wed Apr 14 20:19:15 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Lets go"
[Wed Apr 14 20:19:28 2010] : (5) DM: When you reach the guildhall you're immediately let in to Isidora's office
[Wed Apr 14 20:19:47 2010] : (5) Isidora: "Do you have more information or evidence?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:20:29 2010] : (9) Helena: "We have some papers that might be important for you as well as for lord Varlam"
[Wed Apr 14 20:20:31 2010] : (7) Zotin: "We have evidence that we think is conclusive, but we would like to show it to both you and Lord Varlam at the same time."
[Wed Apr 14 20:21:21 2010] : (5) Isidora: "I would need to see the evidence for myself before agreeing to that."
[Wed Apr 14 20:21:25 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc before we do this are we sure we have enough evidence?
[Wed Apr 14 20:21:41 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc sorry Sam is asking me to aid in birthday cards
[Wed Apr 14 20:23:02 2010] : (9) Helena: "We think it is important that both of you see it at the same time, but we could go to lord Varlam without you"
[Wed Apr 14 20:23:48 2010] : (5) Isidora: "Why?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:24:29 2010] : (9) Helena: "He is the ruler of this city"
[Wed Apr 14 20:25:10 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "You know that you are not involved in this, he says that he is not"
[Wed Apr 14 20:25:55 2010] : (5) Isidora: "Mak Jenko is a member of this guild and Lord Varlam has no jurisdiction over guild affairs. This matter shall be dealt with internally."
[Wed Apr 14 20:26:10 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Its not just Mak Janko though"
[Wed Apr 14 20:26:21 2010] : (9) Helena: "If we can show that neither of you are, it will be more convincing when we give the evidence to both of you at the same time, just to avoid suspicions of tampering"
[Wed Apr 14 20:27:12 2010] : (5) Isidora: "Very well. I shall go to the castle in one hour."
[Wed Apr 14 20:27:30 2010] : (9) Helena: "We will meet you there"
[Wed Apr 14 20:27:46 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Thank you. Please be as quick as possible"
[Wed Apr 14 20:28:10 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "See you there then"
[Wed Apr 14 20:28:32 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena leaves
[Wed Apr 14 20:28:41 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin follows
[Wed Apr 14 20:28:46 2010] : (5) DM: What next?
[Wed Apr 14 20:28:59 2010] : (9) Helena: "Just enough time for a spot of breakfast. Perhaps to go?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:29:31 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "To go where?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:30:06 2010] : (9) Helena: "Perhaps we could eat as we go, so as not to waste time"
[Wed Apr 14 20:30:09 2010] : (7) Zotin: "I am concerned with Isadoras apparent lack of urgency"
[Wed Apr 14 20:30:31 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "She maybe needs to organise things before going"
[Wed Apr 14 20:30:41 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "I don't see that as a lack of urgency"
[Wed Apr 14 20:30:46 2010] : (9) Helena: "Probably just miffed that we wouldn't tell her first"
[Wed Apr 14 20:30:59 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Perhaps she has to wear ceremonial clothes or something?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:31:15 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 14 20:31:38 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "If we're eating breakfast, let's do so close to the palace"
[Wed Apr 14 20:31:57 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "I don't want to get held up so that we don't make it."
[Wed Apr 14 20:32:21 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "And perhaps we should arrange an audience with the lord first?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:32:41 2010] : (9) Helena: "That sounds like a good move, Barnabas"
[Wed Apr 14 20:32:48 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "He might not be available, even though we think he should be"
[Wed Apr 14 20:33:12 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc back - front door went
[Wed Apr 14 20:33:46 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena walks on, apparently very relaxed, but keeping an eye on surroundings and passers by
[Wed Apr 14 20:34:21 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas goes with Helena
[Wed Apr 14 20:34:59 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin follows
[Wed Apr 14 20:35:15 2010] : (5) DM: Near the castle is a street vendor selling somethings on sticks. Do you dare try them?
[Wed Apr 14 20:35:57 2010] : (5) DM: Anyway...
[Wed Apr 14 20:36:00 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin gives the vendor a wide berth
[Wed Apr 14 20:36:12 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena checks whether or not he's selling rats
[Wed Apr 14 20:36:55 2010] : (5) DM: You gain admittance to the castle and are shown into the great hall. Lord Varlam is lounging about on his chair, feet up on a stool and playing a board game.
[Wed Apr 14 20:37:20 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc how's his throat?
[Wed Apr 14 20:37:37 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc is it Escape from Colditz?
[Wed Apr 14 20:37:39 2010] : (5) Varlam: "You have evidence against the guild?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:38:38 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc how is our timing WRT Isidora?
[Wed Apr 14 20:39:07 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena keeps at the back
[Wed Apr 14 20:39:19 2010] : (5) Varlam: ooc anywhere between 15 and 45 mins away depending on what you want.
[Wed Apr 14 20:39:37 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 14 20:39:37 2010] : (5) Varlam: ooc 0 and 45 mins I mean
[Wed Apr 14 20:39:57 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Lord Varlam, we have evidence that we would like to present to you, however given the conclusions we have drawn we believe that it should be shown to both 'sides' at the same time"
[Wed Apr 14 20:40:07 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc I think we'd have waited until close to the time we were expecting her, before going in
[Wed Apr 14 20:40:27 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc may have taken ages to see him
[Wed Apr 14 20:41:01 2010] : (5) Varlam: Varlam waves a hand vaguely. "Oh very well. When is Ms Vira turning up?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:41:19 2010] : (9) Helena: "She is on her way now, your lordship"
[Wed Apr 14 20:41:23 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Hopefully soon"
[Wed Apr 14 20:41:50 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Due any moment, provided she is not hindered"
[Wed Apr 14 20:42:30 2010] : (5) Varlam: Varlam moves and piece and grins and his opponent packs away the game and leaves leaving just him and a handful of guard standing by the main doors.
[Wed Apr 14 20:43:14 2010] : (5) Varlam: Moments later Isidora Vira sweeps into the hall wearing her full guild leader clothes.
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:04 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Thank you both for agreeing to this meeting"
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:06 2010] : (5) Isidora: She nods perfuntorarily at Varlam.
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:06 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena produces the note and ledger and proceeds forwards
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:14 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I read that as 'leather'
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:20 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:31 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc one of those M&S types?
[Wed Apr 14 20:44:38 2010] : (5) Isidora: "What is this evidence you wish to present."
[Wed Apr 14 20:45:16 2010] : (9) Helena: "This is found in the possession of a guild member"
[Wed Apr 14 20:45:24 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas helps the others to lay out the evidence
[Wed Apr 14 20:45:51 2010] : (5) DM: Both Varlam and Isidora look over the evidence.
[Wed Apr 14 20:46:13 2010] : (9) Helena: "And it suggests the involvement of someone with no connections to the guild"
[Wed Apr 14 20:46:22 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc who has the coded notes?
[Wed Apr 14 20:46:54 2010] : (5) Varlam: "Hah! I knew the guild was crooked!" says Varlam pointing at the note. "I shall send my guards to arrest him at once."
[Wed Apr 14 20:47:39 2010] : (5) Isidora: "Jenko is a guild matter and you will do no such thing!" Isidora insists.
[Wed Apr 14 20:47:41 2010] : (9) Helena: "Not just that one person, my lord, look at this"
[Wed Apr 14 20:47:44 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Your guards milord may be implicated"
[Wed Apr 14 20:48:01 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc I think I have the notes, since I deciphered them
[Wed Apr 14 20:48:08 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Or at least their leader"
[Wed Apr 14 20:48:19 2010] : (5) Isidora: Varlam frowns at the ledger.
[Wed Apr 14 20:48:45 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena shows the encrypted note and the solution
[Wed Apr 14 20:49:05 2010] : (7) Zotin: "This is why we wanted you both to see this at the same time"
[Wed Apr 14 20:49:15 2010] : (9) Helena: "We also found this coded note. This is what we make of it"
[Wed Apr 14 20:49:48 2010] : (5) DM: He thinks for a bit and then says. "Lady Katya must also be brought in for questioning I suppose. But one of the guards will do such a thing."
[Wed Apr 14 20:50:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "And how do you know how far down the rot goes milord?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:50:33 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Surely her captains are in on this. to whom will you issue the order?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:50:35 2010] : (5) Varlam: Varlam looks at you and says. "You must bring her here to be questioned by myself."
[Wed Apr 14 20:51:21 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "OK, but I suggest that we take an impartial observer from your court"
[Wed Apr 14 20:51:40 2010] : (7) Zotin: My Lord, will you provide us with documentation to prove that you have asked for her to be arrested? "
[Wed Apr 14 20:51:41 2010] : (9) Helena: "It would be easier if we had a written order from you, telling her to report here"
[Wed Apr 14 20:51:44 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "I doubt that she'll come quietly if she thinks her plot has been uncovered"
[Wed Apr 14 20:52:07 2010] : (5) Varlam: Varlam turns to Isidora now. "But you must then hand Jenko over for judgement in this hall."
[Wed Apr 14 20:52:19 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "It should be someone from outside the army or guard or any of her spheres of influence"
[Wed Apr 14 20:52:34 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "May I make a suggestion?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:52:42 2010] : (5) Varlam: "Go on."
[Wed Apr 14 20:52:56 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Perhaps a joint judgement of both parties in a neutral location?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:53:16 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Both of you hold significant influence in the city"
[Wed Apr 14 20:53:31 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "perhaps such an action will show co-operation"
[Wed Apr 14 20:53:42 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "And help to heal the rifts in the city"
[Wed Apr 14 20:54:02 2010] : (9) Helena: "Two judges, judging the evidence and crimes together"
[Wed Apr 14 20:54:23 2010] : (5) DM: Varlams nods agreement. "This unrest isn't making us vulnerable and it would be wise to end it swiftly and cleanly."
[Wed Apr 14 20:54:28 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "I'm certain most of the populace just want to get the port open and business back to normal."
[Wed Apr 14 20:55:01 2010] : (5) Isidora: Isidora also agrees. "This trouble is not making anyone any money. Very well."
[Wed Apr 14 20:55:09 2010] : (5) Isidora: "Where?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:55:19 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "this is your city, not ours"
[Wed Apr 14 20:55:33 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "But a tmple perhaps?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:55:44 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc temple
[Wed Apr 14 20:56:25 2010] : (5) DM: They both agree and Varlam writes out a order for Lady Katya to report to the temple immediately and hands it to Helena.
[Wed Apr 14 20:56:44 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "May we take an observer?"
[Wed Apr 14 20:57:04 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena bows as she accepts the order
[Wed Apr 14 20:57:22 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc I'm hoping for Gandalf!
[Wed Apr 14 20:57:27 2010] : (5) Varlam: "I do not think one is necessary you are already independant of both the town and the guild."
[Wed Apr 14 20:57:29 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 14 20:57:43 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "OK, we have the warrant"
[Wed Apr 14 20:58:10 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Is it a warrant for arrest or just an order to report to the temple?
[Wed Apr 14 20:58:25 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc subpoena?
[Wed Apr 14 20:58:40 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc summons?
[Wed Apr 14 20:59:07 2010] : (5) Varlam: ooc summons.
[Wed Apr 14 20:59:30 2010] : (5) Varlam: ooc or possibly a subpoena but I'm not really sure what one of those is...
[Wed Apr 14 20:59:36 2010] : (5) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Apr 14 20:59:48 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc not just me then :)
[Wed Apr 14 21:00:02 2010] : (9) Helena: "No need to speak to her about an arrest, we don't want to antagonise her. Lord Varlam just desires her presence"
[Wed Apr 14 21:00:26 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I think summons is English law, subpoena American??
[Wed Apr 14 21:00:34 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc probably
[Wed Apr 14 21:00:36 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Subpoena: IIRC an order to produce a person, so a summons to appear
[Wed Apr 14 21:01:26 2010] : (5) DM: Heading to her house now?
[Wed Apr 14 21:01:42 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Dictionary.com Subpoena: the usual writ for the summoning of witnesses or the submission of evidence, as records or documents, before a court or other deliberative body.
[Wed Apr 14 21:01:47 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc striek while the iron is hot
[Wed Apr 14 21:01:58 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Yes, heading out
[Wed Apr 14 21:02:08 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 14 21:02:53 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc Subpoena is UK law too according to wikipedia "However, for Civil proceedings in England and Wales, the term has been replaced by witness summons, as part of reforms to replace Latin terms with English terms which are easier to understand."
[Wed Apr 14 21:03:20 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc so it is a subpoena apparently ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 21:04:09 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Or summons :-P
[Wed Apr 14 21:04:30 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena checks her sword before heading out
[Wed Apr 14 21:04:58 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc so she's not coming peacefully then?
[Wed Apr 14 21:05:15 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc not a summons, this is not a civil proceding
[Wed Apr 14 21:05:17 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc LOL No peeking, you bad boy!
[Wed Apr 14 21:06:31 2010] : (5) DM: As you walk along one of the treets along the way to Katya's house three of the town guard block the way, one of them is holding back a fierce snarling wolf-like hound on a chain.
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:00 2010] : (5) DM: An elf in guard uniform leans out of one of the upper floor (2nd story) windows aiming a bow at you.
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:14 2010] : (5) DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:18 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+2+1+2] => [19,2,1,2] = (24) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:22 2010] : (7) Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [13,1,3,4,2] = (23)
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:24 2010] : (5) DM: ooc A-C = guard, D = dog, E = Elf.
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:30 2010] : (9) Helena: Initiative: [1d20+2+5+2+4] => [14,2,5,2,4] = (27) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader, +4 for Improved Initiative
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:36 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc nice choice of letters ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:43 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc was thinking that :)
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:52 2010] : (5) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 3/2 + 2] => [14,1,2] = (17)
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:53 2010] : (5) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 3/2 + 2] => [5,1,2] = (8)
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:54 2010] : (5) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 3/2 + 2] => [5,1,2] = (8)
[Wed Apr 14 21:07:59 2010] : (5) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 2] => [15,1,2] = (18)
[Wed Apr 14 21:08:00 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Pure coincidence, of course
[Wed Apr 14 21:08:03 2010] : (5) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 4] => [11,1,4] = (16)
[Wed Apr 14 21:10:06 2010] : (5) Guard: "We know what you're up to and we won't allow it!" yells one of the guards.
[Wed Apr 14 21:10:09 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 21:10:32 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena stops and draws and loads her bow
[Wed Apr 14 21:10:43 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Can't shoot as well, can I?
[Wed Apr 14 21:11:14 2010] : (5) DM: ooc I dunno. how long does each action take?
[Wed Apr 14 21:11:44 2010] : (5) DM: ooc No
[Wed Apr 14 21:11:46 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc I have to draw as well as load and it's a crossbow
[Wed Apr 14 21:11:54 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc load used to be move equiv
[Wed Apr 14 21:11:58 2010] : (5) DM: ooc draw and load are both minor actions.
[Wed Apr 14 21:12:08 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc so she can then
[Wed Apr 14 21:12:10 2010] : (5) DM: ooc PHB page 289
[Wed Apr 14 21:12:20 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc action, move, minor
[Wed Apr 14 21:12:34 2010] : (5) DM: ooc Yeah. Got move and minor muddled
[Wed Apr 14 21:12:40 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena aims at the elf in the window and shoots
[Wed Apr 14 21:12:47 2010] : (9) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [1,5,2,2] = (10) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [3,5,3] = (11) damage - [2d8] => [3,4] = (7) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 21:12:56 2010] : (9) Helena: Missed and done
[Wed Apr 14 21:13:01 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc academic anyway ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 21:13:13 2010] : (5) DM: ooc one moment, all my nodes are out of date and don't include AC etc.
[Wed Apr 14 21:13:41 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc np
[Wed Apr 14 21:15:42 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Hannele enjoys her wine while the DM gets his nodes ready
[Wed Apr 14 21:16:03 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc Craig does likewise
[Wed Apr 14 21:16:42 2010] : (5) DM: Your bolt thunks into the wooden window frame.
[Wed Apr 14 21:16:44 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc Bert is off alcohol til his holidays
[Wed Apr 14 21:16:47 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:17:59 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas moves closer then readies an attack
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:19 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc cancel that
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:27 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas moves closer
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:29 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:37 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:48 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin takes a step forward and flings a bolt of magic at the Elf
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:52 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [3,4,2] = (9) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [1,4,4] = (9) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:18:59 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:19:08 2010] : (5) DM: It bounces harmlessly off the wall.
[Wed Apr 14 21:19:52 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc I liked MM better when they were automatic hits ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 21:19:52 2010] : (5) Dog: The dog leaps forwards snarling and snapping and charges Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 21:20:00 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [14,7] = (21) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Wed Apr 14 21:20:26 2010] : (5) Dog: Barnabas takes a nasty bite to his leg.
[Wed Apr 14 21:20:29 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Fearsome teeth, those
[Wed Apr 14 21:20:56 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards advance in a line, halberds at the ready.
[Wed Apr 14 21:21:24 2010] : (5) Guard: No they don't.
[Wed Apr 14 21:21:46 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards fire a volley of crossbow bolts before advancing with halberds at the ready.
[Wed Apr 14 21:22:42 2010] : (5) Guard: Crossbow: Range 15/30 [1d20 + 9] => [5,9] = (14) vs AC ===> [1d8+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Wed Apr 14 21:22:43 2010] : (5) Guard: Crossbow: Range 15/30 [1d20 + 9] => [14,9] = (23) vs AC ===> [1d8+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Wed Apr 14 21:22:45 2010] : (5) Guard: Crossbow: Range 15/30 [1d20 + 9] => [7,9] = (16) vs AC ===> [1d8+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Wed Apr 14 21:22:59 2010] : (5) Guard: Barnabas takes a bolt in the arm.
[Wed Apr 14 21:23:30 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "'tis bit a scratch"
[Wed Apr 14 21:23:37 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf aims at Zotin and fires.
[Wed Apr 14 21:23:41 2010] : (5) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [3,7] = (10) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Wed Apr 14 21:23:48 2010] : (5) Elf: The arrows goes wide.
[Wed Apr 14 21:23:53 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 21:24:07 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena once again fires at the elf
[Wed Apr 14 21:24:12 2010] : (9) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [13,5,2,2] = (22) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [4,5,3] = (12) damage - [2d8] => [7,2] = (9) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 21:24:24 2010] : (9) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:24:30 2010] : (5) DM: The elf cries out as she's hit.
[Wed Apr 14 21:24:43 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:25:21 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas attacks the dog
[Wed Apr 14 21:25:54 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [2,3,2,4] = (11) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9) damage normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [1] = (1) cold damage on a crit.
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Apr 14 21:26:09 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:19 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Move back
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:22 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:27 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:37 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin flings a bolt of magic at the Elf
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:39 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [3,4,2] = (9) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [2,1,4] = (7) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:45 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:47 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc grrrrr
[Wed Apr 14 21:26:49 2010] : (7) Zotin: done
[Wed Apr 14 21:27:28 2010] : (5) Guard: The dog bounds forwards and snaps at Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 21:27:34 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [5,7] = (12) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Wed Apr 14 21:27:42 2010] : (5) Dog: Its teeth clack on empty air
[Wed Apr 14 21:27:52 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards advance
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:11 2010] : (5) Dog: The elf shoots at Zotin again
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:12 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "have at you!"
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:15 2010] : (5) Dog: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [16,7] = (23) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [10,4] = (14)
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:33 2010] : (5) Dog: And scores a well aimed hit.
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:35 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc Dog with longbow: nice :)
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:49 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 21:28:55 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin staggers from the force of the bolt
[Wed Apr 14 21:29:17 2010] : (9) Helena: Helena shoots at the elf, trying to stop her shooting at Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 21:29:18 2010] : (9) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [19,5,2,2] = (28) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [1,5,3] = (9) damage - [2d8] => [7,6] = (13) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 21:29:48 2010] : (5) DM: Another yet.
[Wed Apr 14 21:29:49 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc At Zotin, I mean
[Wed Apr 14 21:29:50 2010] : (5) DM: hit
[Wed Apr 14 21:29:56 2010] : (9) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:29:59 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:30:26 2010] : (8) Barnabas: barnabas tries to attack the dog again
[Wed Apr 14 21:30:41 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [6,3,2,4] = (15) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5) damage normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [4] = (4) cold damage on a crit.
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Apr 14 21:31:12 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Move back
[Wed Apr 14 21:31:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:31:22 2010] : (5) DM: Miss. Your sword misses by a hair's breadth.
[Wed Apr 14 21:31:32 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 21:31:36 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin turns to the advancing guards
[Wed Apr 14 21:31:44 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [12,4,2] = (18) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [6,4] = (10) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:31:57 2010] : (7) Zotin: placed right betewwn A, B & D
[Wed Apr 14 21:32:06 2010] : (5) DM: ooc roll 2 more times.
[Wed Apr 14 21:32:09 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [13,4,2] = (19) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [2,4] = (6) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:32:10 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [12,4,2] = (18) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [3,4] = (7) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:32:29 2010] : (7) Zotin: step back
[Wed Apr 14 21:32:30 2010] : (5) DM: Two of the guards and the dog a burned by a sudden burst of magical fire.
[Wed Apr 14 21:32:35 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:33:09 2010] : (5) Dog: The dog attacks Barnabas again. Growling menacingly
[Wed Apr 14 21:33:12 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [17,7] = (24) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:01 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc AoO, Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:02 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Yarr!"
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:16 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards advance and sweep out with their halberds at Barnabas.
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:21 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [5,10] = (15) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:23 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [5,10] = (15) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:24 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [8,10] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [3,3] = (6) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:24 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc it moved?
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:39 2010] : (9) Helena: ooc I think it did, according to the miniatures
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:41 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc or is it in front of me?
[Wed Apr 14 21:34:50 2010] : (5) Guard: But Barnabas ducks under all the blades.
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:02 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf shoots at Zotin again
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:02 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas dodges the pole-arms
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:06 2010] : (5) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [18,7] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:20 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf grins as she scores another hit.
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:27 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:29 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc +10?? These are serious guards then?
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:34 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin reels under the impact of another well placed shot
[Wed Apr 14 21:35:57 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin doesn't look too well
[Wed Apr 14 21:36:35 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc what's your surge value?
[Wed Apr 14 21:36:46 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc 6
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:08 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I'd have healed you last round if I's known it was so low
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:21 2010] : (10) Helena (enter): 21:37
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:25 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc wasn't expecting another hit like that :(
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:36 2010] : (5) DM: Helena, your turn.
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:38 2010] : (10) Helena: Booting '(9) Helena' from server...
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:39 2010] : (9) Helena (exit): 21:37
[Wed Apr 14 21:37:51 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc but I hold off as I add to your surge, I never realised yours was only 6
[Wed Apr 14 21:38:03 2010] : (10) Helena: Helena shoots again, determined to kill the elf
[Wed Apr 14 21:38:07 2010] : (10) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [11,5,2,2] = (20) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [2,5,3] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [2,2] = (4) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 21:38:27 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc Zotin is but a weak wizard
[Wed Apr 14 21:38:34 2010] : (5) DM: The elf doesn't look like she can take any more shots like that.
[Wed Apr 14 21:38:43 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc she's not the only one!
[Wed Apr 14 21:39:09 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc So take care of yourself before you bleed to death!
[Wed Apr 14 21:40:06 2010] : (10) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:40:14 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:41:06 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas stepBarnabas steps the side
[Wed Apr 14 21:41:27 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [6,3,2,4] = (15) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [4,2,3] = (9) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [5] = (5) cold damage on a crit.), then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed Apr 14 21:41:34 2010] : (8) Barnabas: vs A
[Wed Apr 14 21:41:46 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc dice are crap tonight
[Wed Apr 14 21:42:09 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 21:42:25 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 1st Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 21:42:37 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas inspires Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 21:43:34 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin is inspired
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:09 2010] : (5) DM: done?
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:17 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:21 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:26 2010] : (7) Zotin: Second Wind: (EP) Effect: Healing surge - regain 6 HP. +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of my next turn
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:34 2010] : (7) Zotin: Use Action point
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:55 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin attacks the Elf again in anger
[Wed Apr 14 21:44:58 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [2,4,2] = (8) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [1,4,4] = (9) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:45:03 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc ffs!!!!!!!!!!111111
[Wed Apr 14 21:45:27 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done :(
[Wed Apr 14 21:46:03 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc Hannele hands Bert new dice
[Wed Apr 14 21:46:12 2010] : (5) Dog: The dog scents a new target and attacks Helena (OA from Barnabas).
[Wed Apr 14 21:46:20 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [18,7] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Wed Apr 14 21:46:34 2010] : (5) Dog: A minor flesh wound.
[Wed Apr 14 21:46:57 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Melee Basic Attack - Frosty Longsword: [1d20+3+2+4] => [9,3,2,4] = (18) Damage: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11) normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [3] = (3) cold damage on a crit.
[Wed Apr 14 21:47:19 2010] : (5) Dog: Hit
[Wed Apr 14 21:47:45 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards move to surround Barnabas and attack
[Wed Apr 14 21:47:55 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [3,10] = (13) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [1,3] = (4) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:47:56 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [18,10] = (28) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [3,3] = (6) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:47:57 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [5,10] = (15) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [2,3] = (5) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:07 2010] : (5) Guard: One hit (6 damage)
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:17 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf shoots at Zotin again
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:22 2010] : (5) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [7,7] = (14) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:27 2010] : (5) Elf: And misses.
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:30 2010] : (5) DM: Helena
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:37 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin finally avoids a bolt
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:42 2010] : (10) Helena: Helena shifts between the dog and Zotin and shoots at the elf again
[Wed Apr 14 21:48:56 2010] : (10) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [2,5,2,2] = (11) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [2,5,3] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [1,3] = (4) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 21:49:07 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:08 2010] : (10) Helena: Misses and is done
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:18 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 20 out of 40 || Surge Status: 8 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:29 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:38 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc we rested recently right??
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:44 2010] : (5) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:51 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas encourages himself
[Wed Apr 14 21:49:54 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 2nd Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 21:50:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 37 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 21:50:34 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Step
[Wed Apr 14 21:50:59 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Lead the Attack: (DP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [9,3,2,4] = (18) - Hit: [3d8+3] => [2,2,1,3] = (8) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [3] = (3) cold damage on a crit). Until the end of the encounter, Barnabas and all allies within 5 squares gain a 1 + Int mod [2 +1] => 3 power bonus to attack rolls vs. the target.
Miss: Until the end of the encounter, Barnabas and all allies within 5 squares gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls vs. the target.

[Wed Apr 14 21:51:23 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc 2 + 2 + 1 ??
[Wed Apr 14 21:51:29 2010] : (5) DM: You strike with your sword, wounding the guard.
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:19 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc +3 to attack vs this guy from now on \o/
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:22 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:31 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:35 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin is determined to kill that thrice damned Elf
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:39 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [5,4,2] = (11) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [4,1,4] = (9) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:49 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc Better hit her then
[Wed Apr 14 21:52:51 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc not that determined ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 21:53:02 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin may as well sit on his hands
[Wed Apr 14 21:53:04 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc More determined than capable
[Wed Apr 14 21:53:04 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:53:13 2010] : (5) Dog: The dog snaps at Helena
[Wed Apr 14 21:53:16 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [10,7] = (17) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Wed Apr 14 21:53:17 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc Not on his claws?
[Wed Apr 14 21:54:12 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards A and B continue to attack Barnbas, guard C moves and attacks Zotin.
[Wed Apr 14 21:54:24 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [2,10] = (12) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:54:25 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [18,10] = (28) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [1,3] = (4) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:54:27 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [13,10] = (23) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 21:54:40 2010] : (5) Guard: Barnbas and Zotin both take hits.
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:02 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf aims at Helena, thinking that Zotin isn't really a threat.
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:11 2010] : (5) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [20,7] = (27) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc only one guard can mark me
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:27 2010] : (5) Elf: Her aim is true an Helena is injured.
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:29 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc can't be marked by more than 1 person
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:34 2010] : (10) Helena: HP Status: 34 out of 37 || Surge Status: 5 out of 6 || Surge Value: 9
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:50 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc Sorry, didn't mean to do that
[Wed Apr 14 21:55:57 2010] : (5) DM: ooc A marked you.
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:01 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc OK
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:04 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:14 2010] : (10) Helena: Helena growls at the dog and shoots at the elf
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:19 2010] : (10) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [1,5,2,2] = (10) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [1,5,3] = (9) damage - [2d8] => [5,4] = (9) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 21:56:20 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc good job I attacked them ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:26 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:32 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc Another 1 :(
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:34 2010] : (10) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:39 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 21:56:58 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas steps in to attack A
[Wed Apr 14 21:57:27 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Warlord's Strike: (EP) Str vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [18,3,2,4] = (27) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [7,2,3] = (12) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [3] = (3) cold damage on a crit). Until the end of my next turn all allies gain a +3 bonus to damage vs. the target.
[Wed Apr 14 21:57:49 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc +3 to hit, not that I need it :-(
[Wed Apr 14 21:57:53 2010] : (8) Barnabas: done
[Wed Apr 14 21:58:14 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas swings and cuts deeply
[Wed Apr 14 21:58:25 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin? (you're marked by C)
[Wed Apr 14 21:58:47 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc can you remind me what marked means?
[Wed Apr 14 21:59:04 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc -2 to attack anyone else
[Wed Apr 14 21:59:06 2010] : (5) DM: ooc -2 to attack if you attack someone else.
[Wed Apr 14 21:59:07 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc PHB rather helpfully doesn't seem to include it in the index :/
[Wed Apr 14 21:59:19 2010] : (5) DM: ooc the indexes are utterly rubbish
[Wed Apr 14 21:59:28 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc p277 - status - I have it photocopied
[Wed Apr 14 21:59:44 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc conditions, not status
[Wed Apr 14 22:00:05 2010] : (7) Zotin: oco what about burst damages?
[Wed Apr 14 22:00:29 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc say I place a burst between C and D
[Wed Apr 14 22:01:12 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc just -2 to the attack on D?
[Wed Apr 14 22:01:25 2010] : (5) DM: ooc no penatly to either
[Wed Apr 14 22:01:40 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc You're attacking C, so no penalty
[Wed Apr 14 22:01:59 2010] : (10) Helena: ooc D is collateral damage ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 22:02:21 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc what if I have an attack that can be targetted against 2 different NPCs?
[Wed Apr 14 22:02:42 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 14 22:02:49 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc never mind, E is too fara way
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:05 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin places a spell between C & D
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:08 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [9,4,2] = (15) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [3,4] = (7) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:09 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [20,4,2] = (26) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [1,4] = (5) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:27 2010] : (7) Zotin: Step back behind H
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:28 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:32 2010] : (5) DM: Both are burnt
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:49 2010] : (5) Dog: The dog attacks Helena
[Wed Apr 14 22:03:51 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [1,7] = (8) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Wed Apr 14 22:04:01 2010] : (5) Dog: And nearly bites its own tongue
[Wed Apr 14 22:04:19 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards attack Helena and Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 22:04:37 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [13,10] = (23) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [10,3] = (13) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:04:38 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [9,10] = (19) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [5,3] = (8) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:04:39 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [17,10] = (27) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [1,3] = (4) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:04:55 2010] : (5) Guard: One hits Helena and other other hits Barnabas.
[Wed Apr 14 22:05:09 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf aims and shoots at Helena again
[Wed Apr 14 22:05:13 2010] : (5) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [11,7] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Wed Apr 14 22:05:17 2010] : (5) Elf: And misses
[Wed Apr 14 22:05:23 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:05:30 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 29 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 22:07:32 2010] : (11) Helena (enter): 22:07
[Wed Apr 14 22:07:44 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc 13 damage to me?
[Wed Apr 14 22:07:48 2010] : (11) Helena: Booting '(10) Helena' from server...
[Wed Apr 14 22:07:49 2010] : (10) Helena (exit): 22:07
[Wed Apr 14 22:07:49 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc connection is bad tonight?
[Wed Apr 14 22:07:57 2010] : (5) DM: ooc yes, 13 damage
[Wed Apr 14 22:08:15 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc what's your HP status?
[Wed Apr 14 22:08:18 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc That elf not dead yet? I just shot her
[Wed Apr 14 22:08:35 2010] : (11) Helena: HP Status: 9 out of 37 || Surge Status: 5 out of 6 || Surge Value: 9
[Wed Apr 14 22:09:07 2010] : (5) DM: ooc I didn't see your attack
[Wed Apr 14 22:09:44 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Darn, and it was 14 damage as well
[Wed Apr 14 22:10:19 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena wants to kill the elf before turning she kills Zotin, so she shoots again
[Wed Apr 14 22:10:41 2010] : (11) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [3,5,2,2] = (12) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [3,5,3] = (11) damage - [2d8] => [1,4] = (5) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 22:10:49 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 22:10:58 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 22:11:01 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc That figures
[Wed Apr 14 22:11:22 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas steps in again
[Wed Apr 14 22:11:27 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [19,3,2,4] = (28) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11) damage normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [4] = (4) cold damage on a crit.
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Apr 14 22:11:47 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc no allies nearby ;-(
[Wed Apr 14 22:11:54 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Action Point: Barnabas expends an action point
[Wed Apr 14 22:11:58 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 1st Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 22:12:07 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas encourages Helena
[Wed Apr 14 22:12:17 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas cuts down the guard leaving him bleeding on the floor.
[Wed Apr 14 22:14:10 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Sorry, done
[Wed Apr 14 22:14:36 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:14:41 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin attacks C & D with Ice
[Wed Apr 14 22:14:43 2010] : (7) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [12,4,2] = (18) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [2,4] = (6) Cold damage.

[Wed Apr 14 22:14:44 2010] : (7) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [5,4,2] = (11) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [4,4] = (8) Cold damage.

[Wed Apr 14 22:15:02 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:15:08 2010] : (5) DM: You hit the guard
[Wed Apr 14 22:15:25 2010] : (5) Dog: The dog attacks Helena again
[Wed Apr 14 22:15:30 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [3,7] = (10) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Wed Apr 14 22:15:34 2010] : (5) Dog: And misses
[Wed Apr 14 22:15:45 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc the one I hit is immobilised til then end of my next turn
[Wed Apr 14 22:16:31 2010] : (5) Dog: Guard C attacks Helena and B attacks Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 22:16:37 2010] : (5) Dog: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [1,10] = (11) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [9,3] = (12) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:16:39 2010] : (5) Dog: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [9,10] = (19) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [4,3] = (7) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:16:45 2010] : (5) Dog: Both miss.
[Wed Apr 14 22:16:57 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas dodges the blade
[Wed Apr 14 22:16:59 2010] : (5) Elf: The elf see a clear shot at Barnabas and aims.
[Wed Apr 14 22:17:04 2010] : (5) Elf: Longbow: [1d20 + 7] => [18,7] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Wed Apr 14 22:17:12 2010] : (8) Barnabas: *thunk*
[Wed Apr 14 22:17:13 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:17:18 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Ouch!"
[Wed Apr 14 22:17:53 2010] : (12) Helena (enter): 22:17
[Wed Apr 14 22:18:06 2010] : (12) Helena: Booting '(11) Helena' from server...
[Wed Apr 14 22:18:07 2010] : (11) Helena (exit): 22:18
[Wed Apr 14 22:18:11 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:18:19 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena shifts back and takes a breather
[Wed Apr 14 22:18:27 2010] : (12) Helena: HP Status: 9 out of 37 || Surge Status: 4 out of 6 || Surge Value: 9
[Wed Apr 14 22:18:54 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I healed you on my turn
[Wed Apr 14 22:19:01 2010] : (5) DM: ooc +19 points
[Wed Apr 14 22:19:06 2010] : (12) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:19:18 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc Yeah, I calculated that
[Wed Apr 14 22:19:26 2010] : (5) DM: You do nothing? Why?
[Wed Apr 14 22:20:14 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 22:20:19 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc I never realised I was healed already, I thought I had to spend a surge deliberately and that that would be a full action. But if I can, I shoot
[Wed Apr 14 22:20:29 2010] : (12) Helena: Sly Flourish Crossbow: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+2] => [15,5,2,2] = (24) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [2,5,3] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [8,5] = (13) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the bolt aimed at his throat.

[Wed Apr 14 22:21:09 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc my power uses a surge use, but you don't need to do anything else
[Wed Apr 14 22:21:10 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc die you little pointy eared swine!
[Wed Apr 14 22:21:10 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc Still getting used to 4e, sorry all
[Wed Apr 14 22:21:13 2010] : (5) DM: Helena's bolt hits the elf and she topples out of the windows to fall and land with on the ground below.
[Wed Apr 14 22:21:32 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 22:21:51 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc I'll keep that in mind, Craig, the confusion was all mine (need more wine)
[Wed Apr 14 22:21:54 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas closes with B
[Wed Apr 14 22:22:21 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [15,3,2,4] = (24) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7) damage normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [4] = (4) cold damage on a crit.
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Apr 14 22:22:37 2010] : (5) DM: Hit
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:00 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:04 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin tries the splash attack again
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:05 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:07 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [13,4,2] = (19) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [1,4] = (5) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:09 2010] : (7) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [6,4,2] = (12) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [1,4] = (5) Fire damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:18 2010] : (7) Zotin: C & D again
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:20 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:23:29 2010] : (5) DM: Both are scorched
[Wed Apr 14 22:24:03 2010] : (5) DM: The dog is looking badly injured and very burnt.
[Wed Apr 14 22:24:15 2010] : (5) Dog: It attacks Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 22:24:27 2010] : (5) Dog: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [11,7] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Wed Apr 14 22:24:47 2010] : (5) Guard: The guards attack Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 22:24:52 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [18,10] = (28) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [1,3] = (4) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:24:52 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [17,10] = (27) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [5,3] = (8) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:25:05 2010] : (5) Guard: Both strike.
[Wed Apr 14 22:25:15 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:25:37 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena draws her sword and moves behind the dog
[Wed Apr 14 22:25:39 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "ugh!"
[Wed Apr 14 22:26:01 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [4,5,2,4] = (15) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6) damage - [2d8] => [1,8] = (9) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:26:09 2010] : (12) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:26:11 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc +1 for flank
[Wed Apr 14 22:26:23 2010] : (5) DM: Helena kills the dog with a craftily aimed stab.
[Wed Apr 14 22:26:40 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 22:27:00 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc which has me marked?
[Wed Apr 14 22:27:41 2010] : (5) DM: B
[Wed Apr 14 22:28:16 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas closes with B
[Wed Apr 14 22:28:31 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "helena, get behind this one"
[Wed Apr 14 22:28:36 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Divine Challenge: (EP; minor) - Effect: Barnabas marks one creature within 5 squares. It remains marked until he fails to attack or be adjacent to it. A marked creature is magically compelled to attack Barnabas. It takes a -2 penalty to attacks not vs. Barnabas. On the first attack where it fails to do so it takes 3 + his Cha mod [3+ 2] => 5 Radiant damage
[Wed Apr 14 22:28:48 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [7,3,2,4] = (16) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [5,1,3] = (9) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [3] = (3) cold damage on a crit.), then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed Apr 14 22:28:59 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc sorry, wrong power
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:02 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP)To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [6,3,2,4] = (15) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4) damage normal or cold damage - free action decision. Add [1d6] => [4] = (4) cold damage on a crit.
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Apr 14 22:29:08 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:32 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc no probs, I'd have taken the miss on the second power anyway
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:34 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:41 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:42 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin attacks B
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:44 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [6,4,2] = (12) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [3,1,4] = (8) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:29:50 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 22:30:07 2010] : (7) Zotin: shift
[Wed Apr 14 22:30:10 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:30:13 2010] : (5) Guard: B and C attack Barnabas
[Wed Apr 14 22:30:24 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [20,10] = (30) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [3,3] = (6) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:30:25 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [1,10] = (11) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:30:55 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc forgot they move before Helena!
[Wed Apr 14 22:31:19 2010] : (5) Guard: One guards makes a very well aimed strike and find a gap in Barnabas's armor (13 damage), the other completely fumbles and nearly drops her weapon.
[Wed Apr 14 22:31:39 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:31:46 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas teeters, then drops to the floor
[Wed Apr 14 22:31:59 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 29 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 22:32:11 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena moves towards guard B and attacks
[Wed Apr 14 22:32:17 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: -1 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 22:32:21 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [6,5,2,4] = (17) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9) damage - [2d8] => [5,4] = (9) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:32:35 2010] : (5) DM: ooc 29 - 13 > 0 so you're not dead.
[Wed Apr 14 22:32:35 2010] : (12) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:32:49 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc it's crap that my powers don't include me!
[Wed Apr 14 22:33:04 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc not kept the node updated
[Wed Apr 14 22:33:18 2010] : (5) DM: Helena misses.
[Wed Apr 14 22:33:18 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc it's -1
[Wed Apr 14 22:33:32 2010] : (5) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Apr 14 22:33:38 2010] : (8) Barnabas: [1d20] => [19] = (19)
[Wed Apr 14 22:33:48 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:01 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin attacks B again
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:04 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [12,4,2] = (18) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [4,1,4] = (9) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:06 2010] : (5) DM: Helena did hit
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:20 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin hits also
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:28 2010] : (7) Zotin: Shift
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:30 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:34:48 2010] : (5) Guard: Guards attack Helena and Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:01 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [18,10] = (28) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [7,3] = (10) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:02 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [7,10] = (17) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [3,3] = (6) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:13 2010] : (5) Guard: Both hit
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:18 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:27 2010] : (7) Zotin: Shield: (UP) Effect:Gain +4 Power bonus to AC and reflex defense until end of next turn.
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:42 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena attacks the guard again
[Wed Apr 14 22:35:50 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [3,5,2,4] = (14) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11) damage - [2d8] => [3,4] = (7) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:35:56 2010] : (7) Zotin: A wall of force shoots up just as the guard attacks zotin
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:02 2010] : (12) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:20 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:33 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:37 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin attacks B again
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:41 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [19,4,2] = (25) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [3,3,4] = (10) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:58 2010] : (7) Zotin: shift
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:59 2010] : (7) Zotin: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:36:59 2010] : (5) DM: Guard B is close to death now.
[Wed Apr 14 22:37:12 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc is he still compelled to attack me ;-)
[Wed Apr 14 22:37:17 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Apr 14 22:37:30 2010] : (5) DM: ooc I guess
[Wed Apr 14 22:37:36 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed Apr 14 22:38:25 2010] : (5) DM: ooc but you weren't adjacent to B at some point so no.
[Wed Apr 14 22:38:36 2010] : (5) Guard: Guards attack Helena and Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 22:38:39 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [10,10] = (20) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [9,3] = (12) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:38:40 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [15,10] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [2,3] = (5) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:39:03 2010] : (5) Guard: Misses Helena but hits Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 22:39:08 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:39:24 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena attacks again
[Wed Apr 14 22:39:28 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [7,5,2,4] = (18) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9) damage - [2d8] => [7,4] = (11) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:39:39 2010] : (12) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:39:53 2010] : (5) DM: Helena stabs the guard to death
[Wed Apr 14 22:39:58 2010] : (8) Barnabas: [1d20] => [19] = (19)
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:13 2010] : (5) DM: ooc didn't you succeed last round?
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:18 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:22 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin is driven to attack C this time
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:25 2010] : (7) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [2,4,2] = (8) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [4,2,4] = (10) force damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:28 2010] : (5) DM: Miss
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:32 2010] : (7) Zotin: shift
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:33 2010] : (7) Zotin: done
[Wed Apr 14 22:40:56 2010] : (5) DM: The remaining guard takes a brief look around and decides he can finish you off.
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:01 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [13,10] = (23) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:15 2010] : (5) Guard: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:32 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena moves behind the guard and attacks
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:40 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [16,5,2,4] = (27) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8) damage - [2d8] => [5,8] = (13) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:41:46 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin is barely conscious
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:52 2010] : (12) Helena: Sneak in the Attack: (EP) Effect: Until the start of my next turn, the next ally who hits the target and has combat advantage against it deals extra damage against it equal to my Sneak Attack damage.
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:52 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc every round until I get a 20
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:54 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc spot on 0HP
[Wed Apr 14 22:41:57 2010] : (12) Helena: Done
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:00 2010] : (5) DM: A hit
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:13 2010] : (5) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:23 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc Zotin: hit and kill the b*
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:29 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc is 0 unconcious?
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:38 2010] : (5) DM: ooc I think so.
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:42 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc bugger
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:50 2010] : (7) Zotin: Zotin is out of it
[Wed Apr 14 22:42:51 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc in 3.5 it's not, not sure on 4e
[Wed Apr 14 22:43:10 2010] : (5) DM: ooc page 295. 0 or below is dying.
[Wed Apr 14 22:43:20 2010] : (7) Zotin: [1d20] => [11] = (11)
[Wed Apr 14 22:43:20 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc And once again the rogue is the last one standing
[Wed Apr 14 22:44:06 2010] : (5) Guard: The guard turns attacks Helena
[Wed Apr 14 22:44:15 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [3,10] = (13) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [3,3] = (6) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:44:19 2010] : (5) Guard: And misses
[Wed Apr 14 22:44:22 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:44:46 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena is getting angrier and angrier as she attacks again
[Wed Apr 14 22:45:03 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [17,5,2,4] = (28) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [2,1] = (3) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:45:23 2010] : (5) DM: He's near death now.
[Wed Apr 14 22:45:50 2010] : (5) Guard: He retaliates thinking with one final effort he can finish Helena off.
[Wed Apr 14 22:45:52 2010] : (5) Guard: Halberd: Reach 2 [1d20 + 10] => [8,10] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d10+3] => [8,3] = (11) and target is marked
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:08 2010] : (5) Guard: Barnabas and Zotin?
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: [1d20] => [11] = (11)
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:16 2010] : (7) Zotin: [1d20] => [19] = (19)
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:28 2010] : (5) DM: Helena?
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:34 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc not dropped towards death yet!
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:46 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc barely hanging on here
[Wed Apr 14 22:46:58 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena attacks again, not knowing what else she can do
[Wed Apr 14 22:47:00 2010] : (12) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [15,5,2,4] = (26) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8) damage - [2d8] => [6,4] = (10) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Apr 14 22:47:19 2010] : (5) DM: Helana stabs and kills the last guard.
[Wed Apr 14 22:47:25 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc Please tell me the fight is over :)
[Wed Apr 14 22:47:35 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc OMG!
[Wed Apr 14 22:48:00 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena runs to Barnabas and Zotin and gives each a Potion of Healing
[Wed Apr 14 22:48:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc just stabilise me!
[Wed Apr 14 22:48:19 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc is a heal check not enough?
[Wed Apr 14 22:48:35 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc yes
[Wed Apr 14 22:48:41 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc That should stabilise you as well, shouldn't it?
[Wed Apr 14 22:48:49 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc don't waste it
[Wed Apr 14 22:49:05 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc I bought those potions and never used one yet
[Wed Apr 14 22:49:11 2010] : (12) Helena: Potion of Healing (minor): Helena grabs a potion and quaffs it (spending a healing surge and gaining 10 hp)
[Wed Apr 14 22:49:43 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc don't waste them now - heal check on the healer!
[Wed Apr 14 22:49:55 2010] : (12) Helena: Heal: [1d20+0+2] => [1,0,2] = (3)
[Wed Apr 14 22:50:12 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc maybe the potion was a good idea
[Wed Apr 14 22:50:15 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc Does that suit you better? :-P
[Wed Apr 14 22:50:35 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc KMAO
[Wed Apr 14 22:50:40 2010] : (12) Helena: Heal: [1d20+0+2] => [17,0,2] = (19)
[Wed Apr 14 22:50:49 2010] : (8) Barnabas: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:01 2010] : (5) DM: Barnbas still needs an extended reset.
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:07 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena works hard at not killing Barnabas as she looks at his wounds
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:11 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas awakes after Helena's second attempt
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:21 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc not if I heal myself
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:26 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 2nd Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:32 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena looks at Zotin's wounds
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:34 2010] : (12) Helena: Heal: [1d20+0+2] => [20,0,2] = (22)
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:42 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc wwoooooo
[Wed Apr 14 22:51:46 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "OK, I'm awake"
[Wed Apr 14 22:52:02 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Let's catch our breath and I'll help us all"
[Wed Apr 14 22:52:15 2010] : (12) Helena: "Don't you ever do something like that again, leaving me alone to kill them off"
[Wed Apr 14 22:52:51 2010] : (7) Zotin: "I got a little angry. Shouldn't have attacked him again"
[Wed Apr 14 22:53:00 2010] : (7) Zotin: "That damn elf, though!"
[Wed Apr 14 22:53:02 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena grumbles and bitches as she examines the dead bodies in the street
[Wed Apr 14 22:53:28 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc hold on...
[Wed Apr 14 22:53:35 2010] : (8) Barnabas: I'm now stable at -1...
[Wed Apr 14 22:54:14 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc looks like the potion is necessary
[Wed Apr 14 22:54:34 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I have two, so use one of mine on me
[Wed Apr 14 22:54:34 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc If you're not awake after my heal check, I did give you that potion
[Wed Apr 14 22:54:49 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc I thought a heal check got you to 0 and you started from there
[Wed Apr 14 22:54:55 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas heals Zotin once awake (see above)
[Wed Apr 14 22:55:04 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc You can give me one back when you're on your feet again, I know where mine are
[Wed Apr 14 22:55:11 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc nope, stops you dying apparently
[Wed Apr 14 22:56:00 2010] : (7) Zotin: "When you are dying and recieve healing you go to 0 hit points and then regain hit points from the healing effect"
[Wed Apr 14 22:56:09 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas does not return the potion then, as he's the only one who exclusively needs them
[Wed Apr 14 22:56:10 2010] : (7) Zotin: p295
[Wed Apr 14 22:56:26 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc stabilise check is not healing ;-(
[Wed Apr 14 22:56:56 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "If we rest, i'll help to heal us all"
[Wed Apr 14 22:57:08 2010] : (7) Zotin: "Rest sounds good"
[Wed Apr 14 22:57:24 2010] : (12) Helena: ""
[Wed Apr 14 22:57:44 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Thanks for the potion Helena"
[Wed Apr 14 22:57:47 2010] : (12) Helena: "Rest sounds great, but we have orders"
[Wed Apr 14 22:57:53 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "I'll see to the healing from here"
[Wed Apr 14 22:58:06 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "We only need 10 minutes or so"
[Wed Apr 14 22:58:15 2010] : (12) Helena: "Sure, and I'll take a look at that pesky elf"
[Wed Apr 14 22:58:25 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "We're in no state to get her now"
[Wed Apr 14 22:58:41 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 10 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 22:58:49 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena goes over to the house from where the elf had been shooting and tries the door
[Wed Apr 14 22:59:04 2010] : (5) DM: Perception: [1d20+-1+2] => [15,-1,2] = (16)
[Wed Apr 14 22:59:14 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 10 out of 40 || Surge Status: 6 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 22:59:20 2010] : (5) DM: Thievery: [1d20+1+2-1] => [14,1,2,-1] = (16)
[Wed Apr 14 22:59:31 2010] : (5) DM: The elf is in the street
[Wed Apr 14 22:59:48 2010] : (5) DM: You already searched all the bodies
[Wed Apr 14 22:59:50 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc O yeah, I forgot she toppled down
[Wed Apr 14 23:00:09 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc Never mind then
[Wed Apr 14 23:00:52 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Stealth: [1d20+1+2-1] => [20,1,2,-1] = (22)
[Wed Apr 14 23:01:01 2010] : (12) Helena: "Let's get away from here, before the rest of the guard comes along"
[Wed Apr 14 23:01:18 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc umm, damned 20 when I type not in the bloody text box
[Wed Apr 14 23:01:48 2010] : (8) Barnabas: After a 5 minute break Barnabas stands and encourages himself
[Wed Apr 14 23:01:53 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 1st Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 23:02:19 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc everyone else must be peachy then??
[Wed Apr 14 23:02:41 2010] : (12) Helena: I'm down a bit
[Wed Apr 14 23:02:55 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc less than 9?
[Wed Apr 14 23:03:17 2010] : (12) Helena: ooc 20 down
[Wed Apr 14 23:03:20 2010] : (8) Barnabas: HP Status: 29 out of 40 || Surge Status: 5 out of 8
[Wed Apr 14 23:03:22 2010] : (7) Zotin: I'm currently down 23
[Wed Apr 14 23:03:28 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 2nd Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 23:03:42 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Barnabas encourages Helena
[Wed Apr 14 23:04:00 2010] : (12) Helena: HP Status: 36 out of 37 || Surge Status: 3 out of 6 || Surge Value: 9
[Wed Apr 14 23:04:10 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Zotin, give me another 5 minutes"
[Wed Apr 14 23:04:14 2010] : (12) Helena: Helena feels lots better
[Wed Apr 14 23:04:46 2010] : (7) Zotin: Could use more surges, but only got 2 left
[Wed Apr 14 23:05:02 2010] : (8) Barnabas: after 5 minutes
[Wed Apr 14 23:05:05 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 1st Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 23:05:13 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 2nd Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Apr 14 23:05:50 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc 1st on Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 23:05:53 2010] : (8) Barnabas: 2nd on me
[Wed Apr 14 23:06:11 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc actually 2nd on Zotin
[Wed Apr 14 23:06:17 2010] : (7) Zotin: :(
[Wed Apr 14 23:06:32 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc what's up?
[Wed Apr 14 23:06:57 2010] : (7) Zotin: the second roll is 4 lower :P
[Wed Apr 14 23:07:09 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I meant both
[Wed Apr 14 23:07:18 2010] : (7) Zotin: ahh :)
[Wed Apr 14 23:07:27 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc sorry, not too clear
[Wed Apr 14 23:07:42 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I'm only 11 down and my surge value is 10
[Wed Apr 14 23:07:44 2010] : (12) Helena: "Do you need to rest some more, Barnabas?"
[Wed Apr 14 23:07:45 2010] : (8) Barnabas: Second Wind: (EP) Effect: Healing surge - regain 7 HP. +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of my next turn
[Wed Apr 14 23:08:05 2010] : (8) Barnabas: "Yes, in case we need to heal during another fight"
[Wed Apr 14 23:08:22 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc I need more powers for healing!
[Wed Apr 14 23:09:28 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc zotin is out of surges
[Wed Apr 14 23:09:50 2010] : (7) Zotin: ooc are we nearly done for the night cos I'm knackered
[Wed Apr 14 23:10:07 2010] : (5) DM: ooc can I get a decision on your next move?
[Wed Apr 14 23:10:36 2010] : (8) Barnabas: ooc 5 minute rest, then get the woman?
[Wed Apr 14 23:10:38 2010] : (7) Zotin: Go get Katya and escort her to the temple?
[Wed Apr 14 23:10:45 2010] : (5) DM: ok
[Wed Apr 14 23:10:50 2010] : (5) DM: GAME END