Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 31 20:10:10 2010] : (14) DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 31 20:10:44 2010] : (14) DM: It's late at night and Helena has picked open the doors to the abandoned house and snuck inside.
[Wed Mar 31 20:11:23 2010] : (14) DM: A ghost is flying towards Helena in a rage.
[Wed Mar 31 20:11:27 2010] : (14) DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Mar 31 20:11:36 2010] : (15) Elora: Initiative: [1d20 + 2 +2] => [3,2,2] = (7) (includes +2 combat leader)
[Wed Mar 31 20:11:36 2010] : (16) Helena: Initiative: [1d20+2+5+2+4] => [5,2,5,2,4] = (18) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader, +4 for Improved Initiative
[Wed Mar 31 20:11:41 2010] : (14) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 4/2 + 1] => [20,2,1] = (23)
[Wed Mar 31 20:12:33 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+2+1+2] => [1,2,1,2] = (6) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed Mar 31 20:13:23 2010] : (14) DM: The ghost charges at Helena and attacks with her ethereal sword.
[Wed Mar 31 20:13:25 2010] : (14) DM: Phantom Sword: [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24) vs Ref. ===> [1d8+2] => [8,2] = (10) necrotic and target is marked
[Wed Mar 31 20:14:01 2010] : (14) DM: The blade chills as it sweeps through your body.
[Wed Mar 31 20:14:06 2010] : (14) DM: Helena?
[Wed Mar 31 20:14:10 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena draws her sword and swipes at the spectre
[Wed Mar 31 20:14:22 2010] : (16) Helena: Sly Flourish Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+4] => [2,5,2,4] = (13) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [6,5,3] = (14) damage - [2d8] => [5,1] = (6) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the blade at his throat.

[Wed Mar 31 20:14:30 2010] : (14) DM: Miss.
[Wed Mar 31 20:14:36 2010] : (16) Helena: Done
[Wed Mar 31 20:15:33 2010] : (14) DM: Elora?
[Wed Mar 31 20:16:56 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc I remmber being outside or something
[Wed Mar 31 20:16:58 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc no?
[Wed Mar 31 20:17:04 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Yes
[Wed Mar 31 20:17:13 2010] : (14) DM: ooc yes, you and Barnabas are waiting outside.
[Wed Mar 31 20:17:41 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora peeks into the house, sees the ghostly figure and attacks.
[Wed Mar 31 20:18:02 2010] : (15) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [9,7,1,2] = (19) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [8,6,2] = (16) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Mar 31 20:18:26 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Mar 31 20:18:40 2010] : (14) DM: Your axe sweeps through the insubstatial phantom visibly tearing its fabric.
[Wed Mar 31 20:18:48 2010] : (14) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Mar 31 20:19:06 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Following the commotion, Barnabas enters and attacks
[Wed Mar 31 20:19:21 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Warlord's Strike: (EP) Str vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [13,3,2,4] = (22) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [2,8,3] = (13) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [1] = (1) cold damage on a crit). Until the end of my next turn all allies gain a +3 bonus to damage vs. the target.
[Wed Mar 31 20:19:35 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas channels cold damage
[Wed Mar 31 20:19:48 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Mar 31 20:19:49 2010] : (14) DM: Another hit.
[Wed Mar 31 20:20:19 2010] : (14) Phantom Warrior: The phantom presses its attack on Helenaa
[Wed Mar 31 20:20:21 2010] : (14) Phantom Warrior: Phantom Sword: [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28) vs Ref. ===> [1d8+2] => [1,2] = (3) necrotic and target is marked
[Wed Mar 31 20:20:31 2010] : (14) DM: Helena?
[Wed Mar 31 20:21:01 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena attacks again, trying to take advantage of her own dexterity
[Wed Mar 31 20:21:04 2010] : (16) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+4] => [9,5,2,4] = (20) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7) damage - [2d8] => [7,3] = (10) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Mar 31 20:21:13 2010] : (16) Helena: Done
[Wed Mar 31 20:21:36 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc +3
[Wed Mar 31 20:21:41 2010] : (14) DM: Sneak attacked!
[Wed Mar 31 20:21:53 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc to damage, and it's flanked if it's possible to flank a ghost
[Wed Mar 31 20:22:15 2010] : (14) DM: Elora?
[Wed Mar 31 20:22:27 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Why the +3?
[Wed Mar 31 20:22:33 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc didn't they remove the restrictions on stuff like that in 4e?
[Wed Mar 31 20:22:39 2010] : (14) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 31 20:22:45 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc I think they did, yes
[Wed Mar 31 20:22:54 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc from my power, you get it too
[Wed Mar 31 20:23:05 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc foe was marked
[Wed Mar 31 20:23:17 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc /me forgets what marked actually means...
[Wed Mar 31 20:23:42 2010] : (14) DM: ooc penatlties if Helena attacks someone other than the phantom
[Wed Mar 31 20:23:59 2010] : (15) Elora: the phantom is marked by me
[Wed Mar 31 20:24:03 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc .
[Wed Mar 31 20:24:08 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc :)
[Wed Mar 31 20:24:09 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc OK
[Wed Mar 31 20:24:24 2010] : (14) DM: ooc my mistake, missed that sorry.
[Wed Mar 31 20:24:31 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc no problem
[Wed Mar 31 20:24:38 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc but Helena got +3 to damage from my EP Hannele
[Wed Mar 31 20:25:02 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora swings her axe again, hoping that she can get trhough this thing.
[Wed Mar 31 20:25:15 2010] : (15) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [20,7,1,2] = (30) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [3,6,2] = (11) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Mar 31 20:25:38 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Mar 31 20:25:49 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc woot! Crit
[Wed Mar 31 20:25:55 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Nice one
[Wed Mar 31 20:26:29 2010] : (14) DM: Elora's expertly aimed swing cuts right through the phantom's neck causing consideral damage to its insubstatial form.
[Wed Mar 31 20:27:20 2010] : (14) DM: The phantom faded and tattered. It cannot last much longer.
[Wed Mar 31 20:27:25 2010] : (14) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Mar 31 20:27:31 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+4] => [16,3,2,4] = (25) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [5,2,3] = (10) normal or cold damage (add [1d6] => [3] = (3) cold damage on a crit.), then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed Mar 31 20:27:40 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Nearly Headless Nicolette?
[Wed Mar 31 20:27:57 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Anyone need healing?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:28:15 2010] : (16) Helena: "I'm hurting a bit"
[Wed Mar 31 20:28:16 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas encourages Helena
[Wed Mar 31 20:28:17 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Inspiring Word - 1st Use: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Mar 31 20:28:22 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Mar 31 20:28:29 2010] : (14) DM: Barnabas finishes off the ghost is dissapates with a eerie shriek.
[Wed Mar 31 20:28:52 2010] : (14) DM: ooc 43 XP each
[Wed Mar 31 20:29:08 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena takes care of her wounds
[Wed Mar 31 20:29:19 2010] : (16) Helena: HP Status: 24 out of 37 || Surge Status: 5 out of 6 || Surge Value: 9
[Wed Mar 31 20:29:56 2010] : (14) DM: The floor is thick with undisturbed dust and the furniture is faded and moth-eaten.
[Wed Mar 31 20:30:15 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc is that what you're on now?
[Wed Mar 31 20:30:30 2010] : (14) DM: A corridor leads out of this room to the stairs up and the rest of the house.
[Wed Mar 31 20:31:09 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc I was 13 down, so with my surge and your help I'm fighting fit once more
[Wed Mar 31 20:31:45 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena walks on, sword in hand
[Wed Mar 31 20:31:53 2010] : (16) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [11,5,2,0,5] = (23)
[Wed Mar 31 20:32:59 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Looking up the stairs, what do I see?
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:04 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas moves to the foot of the stairs
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:06 2010] : (14) DM: Your footsteps stir up the heavy dust sending the motes dancing in the silvery shafts of moonlight shining through the windows.
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:25 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Very poetic :)
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:34 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Stealth: [1d20+1+2-1] => [7,1,2,-1] = (9)
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:35 2010] : (14) DM: The house is cimpletely silent and still.
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:53 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc except for my clanking
[Wed Mar 31 20:33:57 2010] : (14) DM: The floorboard creak loudly under Barnabas's clumsy feet.
[Wed Mar 31 20:34:16 2010] : (16) Helena: "Shh"
[Wed Mar 31 20:34:35 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas looks sheepish
[Wed Mar 31 20:35:17 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena walks up the stairs, careful where she places her feet
[Wed Mar 31 20:35:19 2010] : (16) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [1,5,2,0,5] = (13)
[Wed Mar 31 20:35:36 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc What the ... stumbling over myh own feet
[Wed Mar 31 20:35:51 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc bug. An empty field returns an error :)
[Wed Mar 31 20:36:21 2010] : (15) Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-0] => 12 - HP left: [49-0] => 49
[Wed Mar 31 20:36:30 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc maybe it's a feature :)
[Wed Mar 31 20:36:48 2010] : (15) Elora: Stealth: [1d20+0+2] => [11,0,2] = (13)
[Wed Mar 31 20:36:50 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Who knows
[Wed Mar 31 20:36:59 2010] : (14) DM: ooc are you sure it's empty?
[Wed Mar 31 20:37:15 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora tries to follow silently
[Wed Mar 31 20:37:17 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc yes.
[Wed Mar 31 20:37:24 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc no dreaded whitespace?
[Wed Mar 31 20:38:57 2010] : (14) DM: Helena climbs through the empty, silent house to the top floor. The door is open and hanging from a noose and wearing her armor is the ghost's corpse.
[Wed Mar 31 20:39:04 2010] : (14) DM: AC: 18 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 16:
[Wed Mar 31 20:39:23 2010] : (14) DM: ooc send me the node.
[Wed Mar 31 20:39:49 2010] : (15) Elora has sent you a tree node...
[Wed Mar 31 20:40:04 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc if I send you anode, do the subnodes come with it?
[Wed Mar 31 20:40:10 2010] : (14) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 31 20:40:11 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc I added a 0 now
[Wed Mar 31 20:40:13 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena looks at the corpse, trying to see if there's a note or some other clue as to why she would have killed herself
[Wed Mar 31 20:40:28 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc yes, no dreaded space
[Wed Mar 31 20:40:58 2010] : (14) DM: A sword lies on the floor, it's chipped blade black with old blood.
[Wed Mar 31 20:41:05 2010] : (14) DM: Healing surges: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [10] => 10 HP. (dwarven resilience: minor action)
[Wed Mar 31 20:41:08 2010] : (14) DM: Second Wind: (EP) (minor) Effect: Healing surge - regain [10] => 10 HP.
[Wed Mar 31 20:41:10 2010] : (14) DM: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-0] => 12 - HP left: [49-0] => 49
[Wed Mar 31 20:41:40 2010] : (14) DM: ooc seem okay to me.
[Wed Mar 31 20:42:10 2010] : (14) DM: There is no obvious reason for her death nor is there a note.
[Wed Mar 31 20:42:14 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc with 0, no problem. With an empty field, it crashes.
[Wed Mar 31 20:42:44 2010] : (14) DM: Healing surges: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [10] => 10 HP. (dwarven resilience: minor action)
[Wed Mar 31 20:43:18 2010] : (14) DM: ooc node is broken?
[Wed Mar 31 20:43:25 2010] : (14) DM: ooc which node is broken?
[Wed Mar 31 20:43:31 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc, not don't you see the error?
[Wed Mar 31 20:43:59 2010] : (14) DM: ooc no
[Wed Mar 31 20:44:01 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena cuts the corpse loose, lies the body down and puts the sword at her side
[Wed Mar 31 20:44:07 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc ahhhh
[Wed Mar 31 20:44:45 2010] : (16) Helena: "There's a body here, I think this is the reason the house is haunted"
[Wed Mar 31 20:44:45 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc damn this copy that does not work
[Wed Mar 31 20:45:15 2010] : (14) DM: Okay. What next?
[Wed Mar 31 20:45:20 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc Flexinode error: expression 'hphit' in Elora lvl4 / HP&Healing / HP: syntax error
[Wed Mar 31 20:45:28 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc when the hphit field is empty
[Wed Mar 31 20:46:02 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Looks like a nasty way to go, all alone up here"
[Wed Mar 31 20:46:19 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "But why the bloody sword and the hanging?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:46:37 2010] : (16) Helena: "And by her own hand, by the look of it. Should we bury her later, in the garden perhaps?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:47:24 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "No, that would be an odd thing for us to do"
[Wed Mar 31 20:47:32 2010] : (14) DM: Flexinode error: expression 'Str' in Monsters / Phantom Warrior / Abilities / Strength: syntax error
[Wed Mar 31 20:47:35 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "What might people think?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:47:49 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "I'd say report it, maybe anonymously"
[Wed Mar 31 20:48:36 2010] : (16) Helena: "OK. I wonder who she was, but we might never find out"
[Wed Mar 31 20:48:44 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena shrugs
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:05 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Do any of her things look like they might be worth something?
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:06 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Seeing as we found her, and we dispatched her restless spirit..."
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:23 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Do we think we've entitled ourselves to her goods?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:23 2010] : (14) DM: Religion checks
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:31 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Religion: [1d20+2+2] => [19,2,2] = (23)
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:36 2010] : (15) Elora: Religion: [1d20+2+2] => [1,2,2] = (5)
[Wed Mar 31 20:49:44 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc I was gonna say I am not into religion
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:01 2010] : (16) Helena: Religion: [1d20+0+2] => [19,0,2] = (21)
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:03 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc I've always found it extremely hard to roleplay skills of that nature acurately.
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:22 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Hmm, although if I remember right..."
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:24 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc in that case "I" being Elora, of course, Elora is not into religion, her dice prove it ;)
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:34 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:36 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "We've only banished the ghost briefly"
[Wed Mar 31 20:50:50 2010] : (16) Helena: "Let's just hope she's had enough for tonight"
[Wed Mar 31 20:52:06 2010] : (14) DM: ooc even if you're not religious is a botanist or whatever you'll still have knowledge and undead or treants and so on. Stuff you've heard down the pub or picked up from people you've met.
[Wed Mar 31 20:52:41 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Or even at your mother's knee
[Wed Mar 31 20:52:50 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc yeah, I know, it's just harder to roleplay.
[Wed Mar 31 20:54:06 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Shall we look around to see if we can find any clues about her?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:54:46 2010] : (16) Helena: "Perhaps we'd better, if we really want to banish her for good, we should"
[Wed Mar 31 20:55:39 2010] : (14) DM: Perception checks to search the room.
[Wed Mar 31 20:55:45 2010] : (16) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [19,0,2] = (21)
[Wed Mar 31 20:56:04 2010] : (15) Elora: Perception: [1d20+2+2] => [14,2,2] = (18)
[Wed Mar 31 20:56:10 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena examines the room as closely as she can
[Wed Mar 31 20:56:17 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora looks around intently
[Wed Mar 31 20:57:57 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Perception: [1d20+-1+2] => [7,-1,2] = (8)
[Wed Mar 31 20:58:19 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena goes over to the cold ashes in the fireplace and picks up a small metal object
[Wed Mar 31 20:58:21 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas is not very perceptive
[Wed Mar 31 20:58:54 2010] : (16) Helena: "Looks like a badge, like the guards wear. What do you think?"
[Wed Mar 31 20:59:16 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc The emblem on the bent and twisted badge is badly damaged
[Wed Mar 31 20:59:21 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Curiouser and curiouser"
[Wed Mar 31 20:59:44 2010] : (16) Helena: "It would seem it was damaged by fire"
[Wed Mar 31 20:59:45 2010] : (14) DM: The badge might be one worn by a town guard captain but with the damage its hard to say for certain.
[Wed Mar 31 21:00:47 2010] : (16) Helena: "Better ask around discretely tomorrow, see what we can find out"
[Wed Mar 31 21:00:59 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena pockets the badge
[Wed Mar 31 21:01:05 2010] : (16) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [10,0,2] = (12)
[Wed Mar 31 21:01:24 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Anything else?
[Wed Mar 31 21:01:28 2010] : (14) DM: Nope
[Wed Mar 31 21:01:52 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc is there a way to change the fot size in the chat window? It's a bit small compared to the tree
[Wed Mar 31 21:02:29 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc font, not fot
[Wed Mar 31 21:03:00 2010] : (14) DM: ooc Settings -> Chat -> Chat Styles -> Font might work
[Wed Mar 31 21:04:14 2010] : (14) DM: There a hatch to access the attic above landing.
[Wed Mar 31 21:04:17 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena investigates if she can reach her destination through this floor
[Wed Mar 31 21:04:32 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena investigates if she can reach her destination through the attic
[Wed Mar 31 21:04:50 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Can I reach the hatch easily?
[Wed Mar 31 21:05:23 2010] : (14) DM: The ceiling are 2.5 metres high, you'll need to stand on something.
[Wed Mar 31 21:05:58 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc thanks - that tab was not appearing until I resized the box
[Wed Mar 31 21:06:04 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc I did look!
[Wed Mar 31 21:06:51 2010] : (16) Helena: "Barnabas, could you lift me up so I can reach?"
[Wed Mar 31 21:06:58 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Yup"
[Wed Mar 31 21:07:06 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas gives a leg up
[Wed Mar 31 21:07:49 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena reaches for the hatch and tries to open it
[Wed Mar 31 21:08:10 2010] : (14) DM: You push up the hatch and look. The space is stacked with junk, broken furniture, boxes crates, rolls of moth-eaten, mildewed rugs and so on.
[Wed Mar 31 21:08:39 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena hauls herself up and in
[Wed Mar 31 21:08:52 2010] : (16) Helena: "Thanks Barnabas"
[Wed Mar 31 21:08:55 2010] : (14) DM: You can see that you can reach all the houses in the row this way.
[Wed Mar 31 21:09:44 2010] : (16) Helena: "This is gonna work fine, I can reach every house I need through here"
[Wed Mar 31 21:10:59 2010] : (14) DM: What next?
[Wed Mar 31 21:11:13 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Which would be just the one. We're not common thieves, we're investigating"
[Wed Mar 31 21:12:07 2010] : (16) Helena: "Of course. But now we need to wait until everybody is out. You'd better go to the front of the house and warn me when they've left"
[Wed Mar 31 21:12:47 2010] : (15) Elora: Eora stayed by the door downstairs.
[Wed Mar 31 21:12:56 2010] : (14) DM: ooc the back door?
[Wed Mar 31 21:14:39 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc it's the front door, isn't it?
[Wed Mar 31 21:14:59 2010] : (14) DM: ooc you came in via the back door through the back gate and garden
[Wed Mar 31 21:15:02 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc We came in through the back door
[Wed Mar 31 21:15:52 2010] : (14) DM: Can you summarize what you'll be doing and where each of you will be.
[Wed Mar 31 21:16:00 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc sorry, then yes, taht door.
[Wed Mar 31 21:16:08 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc but I am now in the hosue.
[Wed Mar 31 21:16:34 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc I'm upstairs waiting for Helena
[Wed Mar 31 21:16:45 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc I'm in the attic, waiting for the right time
[Wed Mar 31 21:17:35 2010] : (14) DM: And Elora's waiting by the back door. Okay.
[Wed Mar 31 21:18:08 2010] : (14) DM: The rest of the night passes uneventfully. The ghost has not returned yet.
[Wed Mar 31 21:19:04 2010] : (14) DM: It is now 10am, about the time everyone leaves for their errands and then lunch. What now?
[Wed Mar 31 21:19:38 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Helena's waiting for her friends to tell her it's time to go
[Wed Mar 31 21:20:37 2010] : (16) Helena: "Psst, are the gone yet?"
[Wed Mar 31 21:20:47 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Dunno"
[Wed Mar 31 21:21:07 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "Barnabas looks out of a window surreptitiously"
[Wed Mar 31 21:21:14 2010] : (17) Barnabas: Barnabas looks out of a window surreptitiously
[Wed Mar 31 21:21:30 2010] : (14) DM: As Barnabas looks he sees the servants leave.
[Wed Mar 31 21:21:41 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "I think they've left"
[Wed Mar 31 21:22:32 2010] : (16) Helena: "Right, keep an eye out so you can warn me the moment you see them return"
[Wed Mar 31 21:22:54 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena walks over to the hatch she needs
[Wed Mar 31 21:22:56 2010] : (16) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [16,5,2,0,5] = (28)
[Wed Mar 31 21:23:34 2010] : (14) DM: Helena carefully crosses between the houses and reaches the hatch.
[Wed Mar 31 21:23:43 2010] : (14) DM: It all sounds quiet.
[Wed Mar 31 21:24:02 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena carefully opens the hatch a bit and listens for a moment
[Wed Mar 31 21:24:06 2010] : (16) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [6,0,2] = (8)
[Wed Mar 31 21:24:32 2010] : (14) DM: You don't hear anything
[Wed Mar 31 21:24:41 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc My perception stinks
[Wed Mar 31 21:25:54 2010] : (14) DM: You hear the dogs in the backyard bark briefly. Perhaps at a passerby in the alley.
[Wed Mar 31 21:26:40 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena pulls the hatch all the way up and lowers herself, fastens a rope with a hook, lowers the rope and gets down
[Wed Mar 31 21:26:51 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena pulls the hatch all the way up, fastens a rope with a hook, lowers the rope and gets down
[Wed Mar 31 21:27:15 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc What do I see?
[Wed Mar 31 21:27:16 2010] : (14) DM: Okay, you land on a deep rug covering the landing. There are two closed doors here and stairs leading down.
[Wed Mar 31 21:27:38 2010] : (16) Helena: Opening door #1
[Wed Mar 31 21:27:45 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Is it locked?
[Wed Mar 31 21:28:28 2010] : (14) DM: You open the door to the rear bedroom. Inside is a plainly furnished bedroom with a bed, dresser and wardrobe.
[Wed Mar 31 21:29:29 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Does it look like a servant's room?
[Wed Mar 31 21:30:24 2010] : (14) DM: No, the room is too large and the furniture too well made. There are also some good quality clothes careless draped over the back of a chair.
[Wed Mar 31 21:31:06 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Are the clothes male or female?
[Wed Mar 31 21:31:22 2010] : (14) DM: ooc they're for a man.
[Wed Mar 31 21:31:52 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena searches the room carefully
[Wed Mar 31 21:31:55 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [5,5,2,0,5] = (17)
[Wed Mar 31 21:32:06 2010] : (16) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [17,0,2] = (19)
[Wed Mar 31 21:32:13 2010] : (14) DM: ooc although you'd really need to look at them more carefully to tell from their cut.
[Wed Mar 31 21:32:56 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc should I not come up?
[Wed Mar 31 21:32:57 2010] : (14) DM: You find a handful of coins in a small purse in a pocket and a gold ring with a red stone.
[Wed Mar 31 21:33:23 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena leaves the valuables
[Wed Mar 31 21:33:35 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc But it really hurts to do that
[Wed Mar 31 21:34:24 2010] : (14) DM: To the next room?
[Wed Mar 31 21:34:30 2010] : (16) Helena: Yes
[Wed Mar 31 21:35:36 2010] : (14) DM: This door is lock and you hear something behind the door. A quiet whirrring, clicking noise. Whiiiiirrr. Click! Whirrrrr. Click! repeating about every 15 seconds or so.
[Wed Mar 31 21:36:14 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena examins the door more closely, trying to find out if it's booby-trapped in any way
[Wed Mar 31 21:36:18 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [19,5,2,0,5] = (31)
[Wed Mar 31 21:37:28 2010] : (14) DM: The door is trapped, a lever is tripped by opening the door. The lever pulls a wire which goes into the wall.
[Wed Mar 31 21:38:03 2010] : (16) Helena: Any obvious way to disable the trap?
[Wed Mar 31 21:38:45 2010] : (14) DM: Yes, you can disengage the mechanism to it doesn't trigger.
[Wed Mar 31 21:39:15 2010] : (14) DM: Thievery check
[Wed Mar 31 21:39:21 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena disables the device before unlocking the door
[Wed Mar 31 21:39:23 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [3,5,2,0,5] = (15)
[Wed Mar 31 21:40:13 2010] : (14) DM: Your tool slips and you just catch it before it triggers the trap.
[Wed Mar 31 21:40:16 2010] : (14) DM: Try again?
[Wed Mar 31 21:40:34 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena takes a deep breath before trying again
[Wed Mar 31 21:40:36 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [8,5,2,0,5] = (20)
[Wed Mar 31 21:40:49 2010] : (14) DM: You disengage the trap.
[Wed Mar 31 21:41:04 2010] : (14) DM: The whirring and clicking continues from behind the door.
[Wed Mar 31 21:41:22 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena picks the lock on the door
[Wed Mar 31 21:41:32 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [8,5,2,0,5] = (20)
[Wed Mar 31 21:41:42 2010] : (14) DM: The door is unlocked.
[Wed Mar 31 21:42:21 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc I thought you said it was locked, earlier
[Wed Mar 31 21:42:39 2010] : (14) DM: ooc it was, you just unlocked it.
[Wed Mar 31 21:42:43 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena stands to the side as she carefully opens the door
[Wed Mar 31 21:42:47 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc OK :)
[Wed Mar 31 21:43:06 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Nothing coming out of the door?
[Wed Mar 31 21:43:49 2010] : (14) DM: The door opens, there's a *bing* and then a Whirrrr and KA-CHUNK as a cross bow bolt is fired at the door.
[Wed Mar 31 21:44:01 2010] : (14) DM: You didn't see what fired it.
[Wed Mar 31 21:44:16 2010] : (16) Helena: "Phew, good thing I stood to the side"
[Wed Mar 31 21:44:33 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Has the whirring and clicking stopped?
[Wed Mar 31 21:44:55 2010] : (14) DM: Briefly, it then resumes after 30 seconds or so.
[Wed Mar 31 21:45:37 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena peers around the corner of the door
[Wed Mar 31 21:47:07 2010] : (14) DM: You look into Mak Janko's private study. There a many filling cabinets and a desk pilled with papers. In the corner pointed at the door a a strange mechanical construct. A crossbow mounted on a rotating turrent sweeping from side to side.
[Wed Mar 31 21:47:37 2010] : (14) DM: There's a *bing* and it whirrrs round to point at you...
[Wed Mar 31 21:47:53 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena ducks
[Wed Mar 31 21:48:14 2010] : (14) DM: KA-CHUNK. A nother bolt sticks into the wooden door.
[Wed Mar 31 21:48:18 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Scrap that, retreating my head
[Wed Mar 31 21:48:27 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Never mind
[Wed Mar 31 21:48:55 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena keeps very low as she enters the room and goes over to the turrent
[Wed Mar 31 21:49:16 2010] : (14) DM: It fires two more bolts into the door.
[Wed Mar 31 21:50:02 2010] : (16) Helena: Can I deactivate the device or at least remove the bolts?
[Wed Mar 31 21:50:40 2010] : (14) DM: There is a holder that contains 8 more bolts, it can be removed or you can try disabling it entirely.
[Wed Mar 31 21:51:26 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena takes the holder away
[Wed Mar 31 21:51:33 2010] : (14) DM: Thievery check
[Wed Mar 31 21:51:38 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [12,5,2,0,5] = (24)
[Wed Mar 31 21:52:15 2010] : (16) Helena: Searching the room, paying attention to anything pointing to a conspiracy
[Wed Mar 31 21:52:15 2010] : (14) DM: You unclip the magazine and the turret whirrs and clicks uselessly.
[Wed Mar 31 21:52:39 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Oops, I was typing a bit too fast
[Wed Mar 31 21:52:53 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [13,5,2,0,5] = (25)
[Wed Mar 31 21:52:54 2010] : (16) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [2,0,2] = (4)
[Wed Mar 31 21:53:59 2010] : (14) DM: You search through the papers, There are many papers and you eventually turn up a letter of interest.
[Wed Mar 31 21:54:40 2010] : (16) Helena: Scanning the letter
[Wed Mar 31 21:55:22 2010] : (14) DM: The paper is an reminder for payment for a shipment of black viper poison. It is addressed to Jenko.
[Wed Mar 31 21:55:40 2010] : (14) DM: It is not clear who it's from.
[Wed Mar 31 21:55:56 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena pockets the letter
[Wed Mar 31 21:56:07 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Anything else of interest?
[Wed Mar 31 21:57:45 2010] : (14) DM: You search some more and you find, in a ledger of transaction one that details a considerable payment of some 10,000 gold pieces from Lady Katya. No mention of what this payment is for is recorded.
[Wed Mar 31 21:58:09 2010] : (16) Helena: Pocketing that as well
[Wed Mar 31 21:58:15 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc wasn't she the one who sent us here???
[Wed Mar 31 21:58:37 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc dingalingaling... woop.... woop!
[Wed Mar 31 21:58:45 2010] : (14) DM: ooc uh... I hope not. Have I got my names mixed up.
[Wed Mar 31 21:59:19 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Even if she was: that doesn't mean she's innocent ;)
[Wed Mar 31 21:59:23 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc I'm proably wrong then
[Wed Mar 31 21:59:51 2010] : (17) Barnabas: ooc I meant we've probably been trapped and should expect to be caught any minute
[Wed Mar 31 22:00:02 2010] : (14) DM: ooc the guild leader is Isidora Vira and the island's ruler is a man by the name of Lord Varlam Denis.
[Wed Mar 31 22:01:16 2010] : (14) DM: What now?
[Wed Mar 31 22:01:47 2010] : (16) Helena: Helena puts the magazine back where she found out before ducking out the door
[Wed Mar 31 22:01:49 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [5,5,2,0,5] = (17)
[Wed Mar 31 22:02:13 2010] : (14) DM: KA-CHUNK it fires one more bolt as you leave.
[Wed Mar 31 22:02:36 2010] : (16) Helena: Locking the door behind me and activating the trap again
[Wed Mar 31 22:02:38 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [6,5,2,0,5] = (18)
[Wed Mar 31 22:02:39 2010] : (16) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [11,5,2,0,5] = (23)
[Wed Mar 31 22:02:43 2010] : (14) DM: Okay
[Wed Mar 31 22:03:44 2010] : (14) DM: next?
[Wed Mar 31 22:03:45 2010] : (16) Helena: Climbing up the rope, closing the hatch and joining the party, taking the rope with me
[Wed Mar 31 22:03:56 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc Athletics check?
[Wed Mar 31 22:04:09 2010] : (14) DM: A clean getaway (apart from the 5 bolts sticking into the door...)
[Wed Mar 31 22:04:17 2010] : (14) DM: You return to the others with the evidence.
[Wed Mar 31 22:04:30 2010] : (16) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 31 22:05:12 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "What have you got there?"
[Wed Mar 31 22:05:14 2010] : (16) Helena: "I've found something, but I'm not sure what it means. Let's get back to the inn and have a look at it together"
[Wed Mar 31 22:05:32 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "OK, best to get out of here anyway"
[Wed Mar 31 22:06:14 2010] : (17) Barnabas: "We can also enquire about this house, i.e. why it's empty, and if there's any history with that woman"
[Wed Mar 31 22:06:24 2010] : (14) DM: GAME END