Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Wed Mar 24 19:55:06 2010] : (10) DM: GAME START
[Wed Mar 24 19:55:44 2010] : (10) DM: You haul the large sacks of coins to your rooms at the inn and return to the tunnel to continue to explore it.
[Wed Mar 24 19:56:24 2010] : (7) Barnabas: ooc yay for FFwd button
[Wed Mar 24 19:56:30 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 24 19:56:46 2010] : (10) DM: The tunnel, which is about 2 metres in diameter slopes gently downwards and curves slightly.
[Wed Mar 24 19:57:14 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena moves in front, loaded bow at the ready
[Wed Mar 24 19:57:21 2010] : (11) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [12,5,2,0,5] = (24)
[Wed Mar 24 19:57:57 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc standing of our HP and such?
[Wed Mar 24 19:59:10 2010] : (7) Barnabas: ooc we've not had a long rest, so whatever it was when we left off last week
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:06 2010] : (10) DM: You follow the tunnel for about a kilometer.
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:10 2010] : (10) DM: Duneoneering checks
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:23 2010] : (11) Helena: Dungeoneering: [1d20+0+2+5] => [17,0,2,5] = (24)
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:29 2010] : (7) Barnabas: HP Status: 40 out of 40 || Surge Status: 5 out of 8 used
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:29 2010] : (9) Zotin: Dungeoneering: [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:33 2010] : (7) Barnabas: Dungeoneering: [1d20+-1+2] => [1,-1,2] = (2)
[Wed Mar 24 20:00:41 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Ouch
[Wed Mar 24 20:01:29 2010] : (8) Elora: Dungeoneering: [1d20+2+2+2] => [20,2,2,2] = (26)
[Wed Mar 24 20:01:30 2010] : (10) DM: Barnabas knows he's underground somewhere but has no idea how deep or where in relation to the surface he his.
[Wed Mar 24 20:02:31 2010] : (7) Barnabas: ooc :-D
[Wed Mar 24 20:02:33 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc It's a good thing he's in company
[Wed Mar 24 20:03:01 2010] : (10) DM: Everyone else knows they're heading inland and have left the town behind them. You reckon you're probably beneath the old castle ruins to the east of the town.
[Wed Mar 24 20:03:39 2010] : (9) Zotin: "We must be under the old castle by now"
[Wed Mar 24 20:03:51 2010] : (10) DM: Helena, you see the tunnel opening out in front of you. There's a greenish glow coming from up ahead.
[Wed Mar 24 20:04:19 2010] : (11) Helena: "And this tunnel has light at the end, but it's green"
[Wed Mar 24 20:04:34 2010] : (11) Helena: "Wait here while I scout ahead"
[Wed Mar 24 20:04:39 2010] : (11) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [4,5,2,0,5] = (16)
[Wed Mar 24 20:05:20 2010] : (10) DM: Helena crunches a bit on the gravelly floor as she creeps forwards and looks into the large chamber.
[Wed Mar 24 20:06:58 2010] : (11) Helena: What do I see?
[Wed Mar 24 20:08:50 2010] : (10) DM: The large cavern is heaped with refuse, animal bones, decaying fungi of exceptional size (some almost a metre is high with caps a metre across).
[Wed Mar 24 20:09:18 2010] : (10) DM: A rough gravel path leads from the tunnel to two other tunnels.
[Wed Mar 24 20:09:56 2010] : (10) DM: One narrow heading sharply upwards and one larger one barred with a big wooden gate entirely blocking the way.
[Wed Mar 24 20:09:59 2010] : (11) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [12,5,2,0,5] = (24)
[Wed Mar 24 20:10:02 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena creeps forward a bit further
[Wed Mar 24 20:10:58 2010] : (10) DM: Two adult Krutthiks and picking through the refuse and a white creature with a large segmented body and lots of tentacles and legs is burrowing through the mounds of refuse.
[Wed Mar 24 20:11:35 2010] : (10) DM: Along the paths supported on wood-like poles are wire baskets stuffed with glowing green fungi.
[Wed Mar 24 20:11:51 2010] : (10) DM: The creatures haven't noticed you.
[Wed Mar 24 20:12:07 2010] : (10) DM: Duneoneering roll.
[Wed Mar 24 20:12:14 2010] : (11) Helena: Dungeoneering: [1d20+0+2+5] => [16,0,2,5] = (23)
[Wed Mar 24 20:12:40 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena goes back to report her findings
[Wed Mar 24 20:12:41 2010] : (11) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [19,5,2,0,5] = (31)
[Wed Mar 24 20:13:21 2010] : (10) DM: The large creature is a carrion crawler and its many tentacles affect the muscles causing slowness and eventually paralysis.
[Wed Mar 24 20:14:03 2010] : (10) DM: They prefer to paralyse their prey before eating it.
[Wed Mar 24 20:14:56 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena shares what she saw and what she knows of carrion crawlers
[Wed Mar 24 20:15:23 2010] : (10) DM: There a rope hanging down from the wooden door, the other end going around a pulley and disappearing through a hole near the top.
[Wed Mar 24 20:16:57 2010] : (10) DM: What's the plan?
[Wed Mar 24 20:17:42 2010] : (11) Helena: "It would seem there's someone controlling the door, I guess we should disable him/her"
[Wed Mar 24 20:18:38 2010] : (10) DM: brb
[Wed Mar 24 20:18:39 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Presumably we have to get by those creatures to do that"
[Wed Mar 24 20:18:41 2010] : (7) Barnabas: "I'm not sure that I understand what you mean from your description"
[Wed Mar 24 20:19:05 2010] : (11) Helena: "What part was I unclear about?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:19:07 2010] : (7) Barnabas: "Who says that there's someone on the other end of the rope?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:19:37 2010] : (7) Barnabas: "Or controlling the door?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:19:56 2010] : (11) Helena: "I just said it would seem so, since the door can be opened from a distance using that rope, as far as I could see"
[Wed Mar 24 20:21:03 2010] : (7) Barnabas: ooc maybe I'm misunderstanding David's description, but that's not my impression
[Wed Mar 24 20:21:05 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc or is the rope hanging down beside the door so that it can be pulled to open the door?
[Wed Mar 24 20:21:08 2010] : (10) DM: There nothing about the rope that suggests it's part of some opening mechanism.
[Wed Mar 24 20:21:29 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc I misunderstood your description then
[Wed Mar 24 20:21:44 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc I thought the pulley hinted at it
[Wed Mar 24 20:21:56 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc So did I
[Wed Mar 24 20:22:20 2010] : (10) DM: Fair enough.
[Wed Mar 24 20:22:22 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Scrap everything about the evil controller then
[Wed Mar 24 20:23:53 2010] : (11) Helena: "Better make sure we disable that carrion crawler as soon as possible, those beasts are dangerous"
[Wed Mar 24 20:24:33 2010] : (9) Zotin: "The other things aren't exactly harmless"
[Wed Mar 24 20:25:24 2010] : (11) Helena: "It'll be a challenge and I didn't even see treasure to compensate for our trouble"
[Wed Mar 24 20:27:04 2010] : (10) DM: You don't need to fight, there are always other options.
[Wed Mar 24 20:27:47 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc disable is a weird word for a creature
[Wed Mar 24 20:29:10 2010] : (9) Zotin: "So what do we think?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:29:49 2010] : (8) Elora: "i'm not in the best of forms. Do we really want to tackle those creatures?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:29:55 2010] : (8) Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-8] => 4 - HP left: [49-5] => 44
[Wed Mar 24 20:30:49 2010] : (11) Helena: "What do you suggest? I might be able to sneak through, but the rest of you will have a lot of trouble with that"
[Wed Mar 24 20:31:32 2010] : (10) DM: ooc don't forget you're in the middle of investigating someone from the Merchants' Guild when you were interrupted by the wererat bag snatcher.
[Wed Mar 24 20:31:45 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc that is a very good point
[Wed Mar 24 20:31:47 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 24 20:32:24 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Is the DM trying to tell us something?
[Wed Mar 24 20:32:58 2010] : (9) Zotin: "How about we come back to this when have sorted out the Guild problem?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:33:02 2010] : (10) DM: ooc no. I'm just presenting options
[Wed Mar 24 20:33:32 2010] : (9) Zotin: "We could always have a look around the old castle ruins and see if either of the two passage lead up there"
[Wed Mar 24 20:34:18 2010] : (11) Helena: "Fine by me, pickings are rather slim anyway"
[Wed Mar 24 20:35:59 2010] : (11) Helena: "And people might want to rest up before we get into another fight"
[Wed Mar 24 20:36:13 2010] : (10) DM: ooc which of the three options? Investigate Mak Janko at the guild hall, kill these creatures, explore the old castle ruins.
[Wed Mar 24 20:37:06 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc I'd go for the guild option. Bout time we cleared that up
[Wed Mar 24 20:37:31 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc LOL@Zotin
[Wed Mar 24 20:37:47 2010] : (11) Helena: "So we go back?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:38:54 2010] : (8) Elora: "I say that is a good idea"
[Wed Mar 24 20:39:12 2010] : (8) Elora: "We can rest a bit, drink one or two pints and then get going about this guild business"
[Wed Mar 24 20:39:49 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc I need to test my blood sugar, brb
[Wed Mar 24 20:39:54 2010] : (11) Helena: "Better get a move on then before these creatures wander our way"
[Wed Mar 24 20:41:11 2010] : (9) Zotin: Zotin heads back the way they came
[Wed Mar 24 20:41:54 2010] : (10) DM: A few hours later and you're crossing the market square towards the guild hall. It's about 3 in the afternoon when you reach the doors to the guild hall.
[Wed Mar 24 20:43:09 2010] : (10) DM: What next?
[Wed Mar 24 20:44:00 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Barnabas can go in front, since he's the most intimidating looking person in our party
[Wed Mar 24 20:46:07 2010] : (10) DM: ooc does no-one actually want to play today or something?
[Wed Mar 24 20:46:40 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc I do
[Wed Mar 24 20:46:49 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc I was waiting to see if Barnabas did something
[Wed Mar 24 20:46:51 2010] : (10) DM: ooc well do stuff then
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:09 2010] : (9) Zotin: Zotin goes up and knocks on the door
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:17 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc LOL@DM
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:26 2010] : (10) DM: Someone lets you in.
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:35 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena stands besides Zotin
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:37 2010] : (10) DM: A clerk at the desk in the entrance hall looks up.
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:46 2010] : (10) Clerk: "Can I help you?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:47:51 2010] : (11) Helena: "Good afternoon"
[Wed Mar 24 20:48:34 2010] : (11) Helena: "We've been asked to investigate the recent troubles"
[Wed Mar 24 20:48:37 2010] : (10) Clerk: ooc I wonder if Craig has disconnected. I see he's not on IRC anymore.
[Wed Mar 24 20:48:54 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc was just about to say that too
[Wed Mar 24 20:48:54 2010] : (10) Clerk: "Yes...?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:49:18 2010] : (11) Helena: "Is there anybody we can talk to?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:49:48 2010] : (10) Clerk: The clerk looks a bit puzzled. "About what exactly?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:50:42 2010] : (10) Clerk: ooc reminder: you're working for the guild leader, Isidora Vira.
[Wed Mar 24 20:50:44 2010] : (11) Helena: "You never noticed the enmity in this town?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:51:11 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc back
[Wed Mar 24 20:51:11 2010] : (10) Clerk: ooc I'm also puzzled. where are you going with this?
[Wed Mar 24 20:51:38 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc should we talk to Isadora first?
[Wed Mar 24 20:51:43 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Do we wait for Craig to come back?
[Wed Mar 24 20:52:42 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc And why am I doing the talking when it wasn't even my idea to go here?
[Wed Mar 24 20:52:46 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Mar 24 20:53:22 2010] : (10) Clerk: ooc not waiting for Craig
[Wed Mar 24 20:53:49 2010] : (9) Zotin: (To the clerk> "Could we speak to Isadora please?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:54:08 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc DM: Did you get craigs message?
[Wed Mar 24 20:54:17 2010] : (10) Clerk: The Clerk looks through a large appointment book. "Yes, go on through."
[Wed Mar 24 20:54:43 2010] : (10) Clerk: ooc yes I did.
[Wed Mar 24 20:55:03 2010] : (11) Helena: "Thank you"
[Wed Mar 24 20:55:05 2010] : (10) Clerk: ooc you know where the office is.
[Wed Mar 24 20:55:40 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena goes on through
[Wed Mar 24 20:55:41 2010] : (10) Isidora: Isidora looks up as you enter her office.
[Wed Mar 24 20:55:49 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Hello again"
[Wed Mar 24 20:56:20 2010] : (10) Isidora: "Do you have any further information? I heard of an incident down in the docks yesterday morning."
[Wed Mar 24 20:56:45 2010] : (9) Zotin: "I'm not sure we'd know anything about such a thing"
[Wed Mar 24 20:57:06 2010] : (11) Helena: "Can you be more specific?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:57:24 2010] : (10) Isidora: ooc I think it was yesterday. The assassin's safe house. It was you!
[Wed Mar 24 20:58:00 2010] : (9) Zotin: Zotin smiles slyly
[Wed Mar 24 20:58:14 2010] : (10) Isidora: "A group of people turned over a guest house. There were bodies. Was that not you?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:58:25 2010] : (10) Isidora: "No matter. Any news?"
[Wed Mar 24 20:58:37 2010] : (12) Barnabas (enter): 20:58
[Wed Mar 24 20:58:48 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc wb
[Wed Mar 24 20:58:49 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc About bastard time!
[Wed Mar 24 20:59:04 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc wb :)
[Wed Mar 24 20:59:27 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc server took the power cut badly - kept dropping to root shell
[Wed Mar 24 20:59:32 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc We're at the guild house, talking to Isidora
[Wed Mar 24 20:59:39 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc wb!
[Wed Mar 24 21:00:02 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc once I sorted the problem it decided to run fsck on a big disk as it had not been checked in 25 mounts - took 15 minutes
[Wed Mar 24 21:00:30 2010] : (12) Barnabas: Booting '(7) Barnabas' from server...
[Wed Mar 24 21:00:31 2010] : (7) Barnabas (exit): 21:00
[Wed Mar 24 21:00:39 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Always at the worst possible time
[Wed Mar 24 21:01:12 2010] : (9) Zotin: "We found a coded message that was signed with someones initials"
[Wed Mar 24 21:01:22 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc where was it found?
[Wed Mar 24 21:01:30 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc I take it we never had a fight then?
[Wed Mar 24 21:01:48 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc It was sneakily done, IIRC
[Wed Mar 24 21:01:51 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc sorry, that was to isadora. talking about the coded message
[Wed Mar 24 21:02:01 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc no, we headed back the guild hall
[Wed Mar 24 21:02:06 2010] : (10) Isidora: ooc no, you decided to return to investigating the town's feud.
[Wed Mar 24 21:02:24 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc ok
[Wed Mar 24 21:02:26 2010] : (10) Isidora: "And the initials are?"
[Wed Mar 24 21:03:29 2010] : (9) Zotin: "MJ"
[Wed Mar 24 21:03:55 2010] : (9) Zotin: "We have an idea who they may belong to, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts"
[Wed Mar 24 21:04:15 2010] : (10) Isidora: Isidora thinks for a bit. "I don't recall anyone with those initials."
[Wed Mar 24 21:04:26 2010] : (10) Isidora: "Who do you suspect?"
[Wed Mar 24 21:05:28 2010] : (9) Zotin: "We asked around and there was a tentative finger pointed at someone who lost a great deal of money recently"
[Wed Mar 24 21:06:41 2010] : (10) Isidora: "Ah. Mak Jenko. I'd forgotted about him, he's been keeping a very low profile ever since he lost money backing several failed ventures."
[Wed Mar 24 21:07:02 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Indeed. That was the name we were given"
[Wed Mar 24 21:07:49 2010] : (10) Isidora: "I can authorize you to search his office but I do not have authority to allow you to search his home."
[Wed Mar 24 21:08:26 2010] : (11) Helena: "How did he come to lose so much money? Does he take unnecessary risks, was he extremely unlucky or was there another reason?"
[Wed Mar 24 21:08:35 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc can we get a warrant somewhere? ;)
[Wed Mar 24 21:08:43 2010] : (9) Zotin: "If his office is searched anything kept in his house will be long gone"
[Wed Mar 24 21:08:51 2010] : (10) Isidora: "Although... if you were to, how should I put it? find yourself inside his home with the opportunity to have a little look then the guild will take no action."
[Wed Mar 24 21:09:15 2010] : (11) Helena: "As long as we don't get caught"
[Wed Mar 24 21:09:24 2010] : (10) Isidora: "The bumbling town guard should present you with no problem."
[Wed Mar 24 21:10:16 2010] : (9) Zotin: brb
[Wed Mar 24 21:10:57 2010] : (10) Isidora: "Lord Varlam could authorize a search but he'd probably insist his own people do it."
[Wed Mar 24 21:12:39 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena looks at her friends and raises her eyebrow
[Wed Mar 24 21:14:48 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Are we done here?
[Wed Mar 24 21:14:53 2010] : (8) Elora: "SOunds like an opportunity"
[Wed Mar 24 21:14:58 2010] : (8) Elora: "We haven't much to lose I guess"
[Wed Mar 24 21:15:08 2010] : (9) Zotin: back
[Wed Mar 24 21:15:37 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "So all we need to do is get invited in, or mysteriously find ourselves inside there uninvited"
[Wed Mar 24 21:15:37 2010] : (10) Isidora: Isidora scribbles on a piece of paper and hands it over. "Here's the home address to Mak Jenko's house."
[Wed Mar 24 21:15:48 2010] : (11) Helena: "Thank you"
[Wed Mar 24 21:16:18 2010] : (9) Zotin: "I think we can manage that, preferably when he's not in"
[Wed Mar 24 21:17:15 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena reads and memorises the address
[Wed Mar 24 21:19:09 2010] : (9) Zotin: Zotin heads for the door
[Wed Mar 24 21:19:20 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena follows
[Wed Mar 24 21:19:23 2010] : (11) Helena: ""
[Wed Mar 24 21:19:29 2010] : (11) Helena: "Goodbye"
[Wed Mar 24 21:20:25 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "bye"
[Wed Mar 24 21:20:26 2010] : (9) Zotin: "So know we go watch his house"
[Wed Mar 24 21:20:34 2010] : (11) Helena: "Time for a little walk"
[Wed Mar 24 21:20:38 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc *so now
[Wed Mar 24 21:20:53 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "Should we rest up first? It's been a gruelling day so far"
[Wed Mar 24 21:21:09 2010] : (11) Helena: "I need to know about entrances, guards and other things like that"
[Wed Mar 24 21:22:04 2010] : (9) Zotin: "If he has indeed lost a lot of money, he may not be able to afford guards!
[Wed Mar 24 21:22:23 2010] : (11) Helena: "I'm fine, so you go rest and I go reconnoiter"
[Wed Mar 24 21:22:49 2010] : (10) Isidora: What Helena discovered is this:
[Wed Mar 24 21:22:59 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena saunters to the street Mak Jenko lives
[Wed Mar 24 21:23:16 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc DM leans on the FFWD button
[Wed Mar 24 21:24:08 2010] : (10) DM: Jenko's house is on a side street off the market square. It's a quiet residential street 3 story + celler terraced houses.
[Wed Mar 24 21:24:36 2010] : (10) DM: Stone steps leap up to a door and on the front are large sash windows.
[Wed Mar 24 21:24:36 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc I love the FFWD button
[Wed Mar 24 21:25:02 2010] : (10) DM: Smaller barred windows low down provide light to the cellers beneath.
[Wed Mar 24 21:26:03 2010] : (10) DM: To the rear of the house is a paved yard surrounded by 2 metre high walls. There's a metal barred gate. The rear windows are also large sashes.
[Wed Mar 24 21:26:24 2010] : (10) DM: Three large, fierce looking dogs prowl the yard.
[Wed Mar 24 21:26:44 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Sashes are windows that slide up?
[Wed Mar 24 21:26:48 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 24 21:27:24 2010] : (10) DM: There are regular patrols of two town guard every five minutes on the street at the front.
[Wed Mar 24 21:27:33 2010] : (10) DM: The rear alleyway is unpatrolled.
[Wed Mar 24 21:27:51 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc If you don't count the dogs, that is
[Wed Mar 24 21:28:07 2010] : (10) DM: Investigating anything else in more detail?
[Wed Mar 24 21:28:37 2010] : (10) DM: The rear of the house has two entrances, a door to the ground floor and a hatchway leading into the celler.
[Wed Mar 24 21:28:38 2010] : (11) Helena: Looking at the cellar windows: how do they open? Can I get through?
[Wed Mar 24 21:29:25 2010] : (10) DM: They've got iron bars blocking the way, but otherwise they're openable and large enough to squeeze through.
[Wed Mar 24 21:29:35 2010] : (13) No Name (enter): 21:29
[Wed Mar 24 21:29:49 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc Henry?
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:00 2010] : (13) Henry: ooc yep, 'tis me. Hi all!
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:05 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc hi
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:07 2010] : (10) DM: ooc Hi Henry
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:16 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc But I take it we need to remove the bars before I can get through?
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:22 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Hi Henry :D
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:34 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc Henry!
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:35 2010] : (10) DM: ooc the rogue is just casing a merchants house before a spot of breaking and entering.
[Wed Mar 24 21:30:50 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc change your color man, it's mine :P
[Wed Mar 24 21:31:11 2010] : (10) DM: You'd need to remove the bars, yes.
[Wed Mar 24 21:31:55 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc That could be a bit time consuming, considering the guards pass here every couple of minutes
[Wed Mar 24 21:32:36 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc How sturdy do the bars look? Are they cemented into place?
[Wed Mar 24 21:32:36 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc looks like its round the back, or 'deal' with the guards
[Wed Mar 24 21:33:07 2010] : (10) DM: ooc the're about 2 cm think and look very solidly fixed.
[Wed Mar 24 21:33:22 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc OK
[Wed Mar 24 21:33:26 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc in through the sash windows?
[Wed Mar 24 21:33:39 2010] : (13) Henry: ooc is this visible?
[Wed Mar 24 21:33:50 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Is what visible?
[Wed Mar 24 21:33:51 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc barely
[Wed Mar 24 21:34:21 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc I can read you fine, Henry
[Wed Mar 24 21:34:49 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc our best bet is the back alley
[Wed Mar 24 21:35:29 2010] : (13) Henry: ooc right, I'm just going to lurk now :)
[Wed Mar 24 21:36:05 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena returns to the inn and talks with her friends
[Wed Mar 24 21:36:34 2010] : (11) Helena: "It would be nice to have something on hand to keep the dogs quiet"
[Wed Mar 24 21:36:57 2010] : (10) DM: Helena, you see that there are a row of sewer grates down the street.
[Wed Mar 24 21:37:13 2010] : (11) Helena: "Like a juicy stake laced with a sleeping potion"
[Wed Mar 24 21:37:19 2010] : (10) DM: And remember that this is a terranced property.
[Wed Mar 24 21:37:34 2010] : (11) Helena: "Or ... I could try the sewers"
[Wed Mar 24 21:37:39 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc terranced?
[Wed Mar 24 21:37:45 2010] : (13) Henry: ooc row house
[Wed Mar 24 21:37:49 2010] : (10) DM: ooc terraced.
[Wed Mar 24 21:38:12 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc I don't get your drift, David, what's with terraced houses? What exactly are they and what does it matter?
[Wed Mar 24 21:38:37 2010] : (10) DM: ooc they're houses that are joined to their neighbours.
[Wed Mar 24 21:38:46 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc like mine
[Wed Mar 24 21:39:17 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc So not the free standing kind, check
[Wed Mar 24 21:40:04 2010] : (10) DM: ooc it's not unknown for the roof spaces of terraced houses to be joined. i.e., the walls between the properties only reach the ceiling and not the roof.
[Wed Mar 24 21:40:45 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Really? I never knew that. It's not done that way in the Netherlands
[Wed Mar 24 21:40:56 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc thats something I've never understood
[Wed Mar 24 21:41:21 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc So you have sort of one communal attick
[Wed Mar 24 21:41:29 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 24 21:41:51 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc gotcha
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:00 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc hint being: we could come from the roof ;)
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:06 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Cultural differences can be weird
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:11 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc /me points a the neighbour house and tells Helena to look around
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:24 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc You think there was a hint in there somewhere? ;)
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:44 2010] : (10) DM: ooc just presenting all the options.
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:44 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc no communal attic in my house - they're bricked all the way up
[Wed Mar 24 21:42:50 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena steps back and peers up
[Wed Mar 24 21:43:36 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I viewed a 60/70s top floor flat whose roofspace was connected to the space above the communal corridor/hallway.
[Wed Mar 24 21:43:53 2010] : (10) DM: ooc it got picked up in the survey as a fire hazard.
[Wed Mar 24 21:44:22 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc damn right
[Wed Mar 24 21:44:54 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc No dogs at the neighbours? How about a wall around their backyard?
[Wed Mar 24 21:45:07 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc fire and burglary hazard!
[Wed Mar 24 21:45:22 2010] : (10) DM: All the houses have walled yards but only Jenko's has dogs.
[Wed Mar 24 21:46:52 2010] : (10) DM: One of the houses in the row is deserted and boarded up.
[Wed Mar 24 21:47:16 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc that sounds like a candidate
[Wed Mar 24 21:47:22 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena gives the boarded up house a closer look
[Wed Mar 24 21:47:29 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Really?
[Wed Mar 24 21:48:00 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc How far from Jenko's house?
[Wed Mar 24 21:48:27 2010] : (10) DM: It looks like it hasn't been lived in for decades, the paint on the door is peeling, the upper windows (not boarded up) are grimy and covered in dust. The back yard is a mess of weeds.
[Wed Mar 24 21:48:35 2010] : (10) DM: 5 doors down.
[Wed Mar 24 21:49:03 2010] : (10) DM: This is in marked contrast to all the other houses on the street which are occupied and well maintained.
[Wed Mar 24 21:50:04 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc odd
[Wed Mar 24 21:51:27 2010] : (10) DM: Only the sewers left to invesigate now. Going in?
[Wed Mar 24 21:51:58 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Sure
[Wed Mar 24 21:51:59 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc yeah, go on (Its not Zotin getting covered in poo)
[Wed Mar 24 21:52:33 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena looks for a grate that's a bit out of the way (or rather: out of sight)
[Wed Mar 24 21:52:51 2010] : (10) DM: The sewer is large and passes close to the houses, the walls are old and crumbling but there's no door or passage or drain between the sewers and the house.
[Wed Mar 24 21:54:29 2010] : (10) DM: To summarize: the options are: 1. The front door. 2, the front sash windows. 3 the barred celler windows, 4, over the walls to the rear or through the gate (dealing with the dogs) and the a) the rear door, b) the rear hatch to the cellers, c), the rear sash windows.
[Wed Mar 24 21:55:12 2010] : (10) DM: 5. Into an adjacent house (e.g., the unoccupied one) and through the roof space. 6. Tunnelling through the sewers into the cellers.
[Wed Mar 24 21:55:19 2010] : (10) DM: I think that's it.
[Wed Mar 24 21:55:30 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Thank you for that summary. I'll take door #5 please
[Wed Mar 24 21:55:34 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc my vote is 5 too
[Wed Mar 24 21:55:59 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc If the roof space doesn't work, I can always take the roof itself
[Wed Mar 24 21:57:00 2010] : (10) DM: Now, what time. Mak Jenko works at the guild hall during the day, leaving at 8am and returning at around 7 pm. He dines at home and goes to bed at around 11 pm.
[Wed Mar 24 21:57:48 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc So the plan I present is: go into the ruin, wait until Jenko sleeps (midnight) and try to make my way into his house
[Wed Mar 24 21:58:11 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc I'd say: break into the house late at night and scout the roof spaces. Wait for him to leave in the morning, then enter
[Wed Mar 24 21:58:17 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc when he's there?
[Wed Mar 24 21:58:29 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc why not during the day when he is not?
[Wed Mar 24 21:58:42 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc not all of us are stealthy and can sneak in at night
[Wed Mar 24 21:58:59 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc ah no, Bert said during the day too
[Wed Mar 24 21:59:10 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Does he live alone? Does he have a (big) staff? I assumed he does have personnel to take care of him and they would be out and about during the day
[Wed Mar 24 21:59:12 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc /me is gonna decie you said that not ooc
[Wed Mar 24 21:59:18 2010] : (8) Elora: "I agree with Zotin"
[Wed Mar 24 21:59:33 2010] : (10) DM: Since Helena thought about staff, this is what she learned.
[Wed Mar 24 21:59:37 2010] : (8) Elora: "We have probably more chances to get anywhere if we sneak in when he's not ehre"
[Wed Mar 24 22:00:08 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Darn, that'll teach me to give the DM ideas
[Wed Mar 24 22:00:32 2010] : (10) DM: There is a staff of three, a butler, a cook and a general servant. The cook and servant leave at 11pm and return at 6am. The butler stays overnight.
[Wed Mar 24 22:00:42 2010] : (11) Helena: "There are people awake and about in that house during the day"
[Wed Mar 24 22:01:21 2010] : (11) Helena: "But if you know how to get past them, we can try that"
[Wed Mar 24 22:01:25 2010] : (10) DM: All three regularly run errands during the day and there is usually a time when the place is empty: between 10 am and 11 am.
[Wed Mar 24 22:01:40 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Mar 24 22:02:04 2010] : (11) Helena: "Or we can try between 10 and 11 am, and be quick about it"
[Wed Mar 24 22:02:17 2010] : (9) Zotin: "You go and see what you can find. We'll wait in the roof space just in case things turn sour"
[Wed Mar 24 22:02:21 2010] : (8) Elora: "SOunds good to me"
[Wed Mar 24 22:02:48 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "I'm pretty useless at all this sneaking stuff"
[Wed Mar 24 22:02:51 2010] : (11) Helena: "So get there when it's still dark and lay low until the coast is clear"
[Wed Mar 24 22:03:25 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Exactly"
[Wed Mar 24 22:03:57 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Early morning, work our way over the roof spaces. Once the coast is clear you go in while we wait"
[Wed Mar 24 22:04:04 2010] : (11) Helena: "Right. So now we can get a meal, and even some sleep, before we need to go"
[Wed Mar 24 22:04:27 2010] : (9) Zotin: "One of us could keep watch in the old house for anyone returning and give a signal"
[Wed Mar 24 22:04:57 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "OK, but I doubt I'm going to be much quieter in a roof space
[Wed Mar 24 22:06:22 2010] : (9) Zotin: "You keep watch then. We could run a rope across and if anyone shows up you tug on it. Someone waiting at the hatch above Mak's house will alert Helena"
[Wed Mar 24 22:06:30 2010] : (11) Helena: "You only have to be relatively quiet to get there and you could even remove your armour while sneaking. You'll have plenty of time to don it before I even go in"
[Wed Mar 24 22:06:33 2010] : (10) DM: ooc I'm extended the window of opportunity during the day to 3 hours.
[Wed Mar 24 22:07:05 2010] : (10) DM: ooc the staff run errands and drink at the local pub every day between 10 am and 1 pm.
[Wed Mar 24 22:08:07 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Drinking during the day? Are the British? ;)
[Wed Mar 24 22:08:16 2010] : (11) Helena: they
[Wed Mar 24 22:09:42 2010] : (9) Zotin: "So, do we put this plan into operation?"
[Wed Mar 24 22:10:21 2010] : (11) Helena: "Yes, I think so. Who's going over with me and who's staying behind in the other house?"
[Wed Mar 24 22:11:21 2010] : (8) Elora: "I think that I'll probably stay behind"
[Wed Mar 24 22:11:29 2010] : (8) Elora: "No point in me clunking around the house"
[Wed Mar 24 22:11:32 2010] : (9) Zotin: "I'll come with you"
[Wed Mar 24 22:12:10 2010] : (11) Helena: "That'll do nicely"
[Wed Mar 24 22:12:14 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "Nor me"
[Wed Mar 24 22:12:37 2010] : (10) DM: ooc Sounds like a plan!
[Wed Mar 24 22:13:31 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc FF?
[Wed Mar 24 22:13:36 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Lets get a few drinks and something to eat then while we wait for dark"
[Wed Mar 24 22:14:00 2010] : (10) DM: Later that night at around 1 o'clock in the morning you all head to the rear alley behind the deserted house.
[Wed Mar 24 22:14:05 2010] : (12) Barnabas: Barnabas rests up
[Wed Mar 24 22:14:25 2010] : (8) Elora: ooc full HP and surges and all?
[Wed Mar 24 22:14:27 2010] : (10) DM: The streets are deserted and windows of all the houses are dark.
[Wed Mar 24 22:14:31 2010] : (10) DM: ooc yes, fully healed.
[Wed Mar 24 22:14:38 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc yes, but only one AP
[Wed Mar 24 22:15:05 2010] : (10) DM: Thievery check Helena?
[Wed Mar 24 22:15:16 2010] : (11) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [7,5,2,0,5] = (19)
[Wed Mar 24 22:15:36 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena flexes her fingers
[Wed Mar 24 22:15:47 2010] : (10) DM: The rusty lock on the old gate is stiff but Helena picks it quicky and you're soon all in the yard.
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:18 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena closes the gate, but doesn't lock it
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:24 2010] : (10) DM: Next step? The door? boarded window or celler hatch?
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:30 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc To the back door
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:42 2010] : (10) DM: Theivery check. Listen checks from everyone.
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:47 2010] : (10) DM: Perception sorry.
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:49 2010] : (11) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [4,5,2,0,5] = (16)
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:55 2010] : (11) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [20,0,2] = (22)
[Wed Mar 24 22:16:59 2010] : (8) Elora: Perception: [1d20+2+2] => [8,2,2] = (12)
[Wed Mar 24 22:17:04 2010] : (9) Zotin: Perception: [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14)
[Wed Mar 24 22:17:12 2010] : (10) DM: Helena fiddles with lock but doesn't pick it straight away.
[Wed Mar 24 22:17:25 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena perseveres
[Wed Mar 24 22:17:27 2010] : (11) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [18,5,2,0,5] = (30)
[Wed Mar 24 22:17:47 2010] : (12) Barnabas: Perception: [1d20+-1+2] => [5,-1,2] = (6)
[Wed Mar 24 22:18:05 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc And her perseverance pays off
[Wed Mar 24 22:18:10 2010] : (11) Helena: "Shh"
[Wed Mar 24 22:18:15 2010] : (10) DM: Helena springs open the lock with a soft click.
[Wed Mar 24 22:18:41 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena opens the door slightly and listens
[Wed Mar 24 22:18:48 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena opens the door slightly and listens
[Wed Mar 24 22:19:09 2010] : (10) DM: You all hear a faint weeping, crying noise moving about the inside of this house.
[Wed Mar 24 22:19:24 2010] : (11) Helena: "Do you hear that?"
[Wed Mar 24 22:19:53 2010] : (9) Zotin: "Yes"
[Wed Mar 24 22:20:02 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "I think so. Perhaps it's why the house is deserted"
[Wed Mar 24 22:20:11 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc How far away does it sound? What floor?
[Wed Mar 24 22:20:29 2010] : (11) Helena: "You thing it's haunted?"
[Wed Mar 24 22:20:36 2010] : (10) DM: At the moment it's on the 2nd (top) floor.
[Wed Mar 24 22:20:39 2010] : (12) Barnabas: "Why not?"
[Wed Mar 24 22:20:54 2010] : (11) Helena: "That would explain the neglect"
[Wed Mar 24 22:21:18 2010] : (9) Zotin: "I did wonder at that"
[Wed Mar 24 22:21:47 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena eases through the door and cautiously walks in
[Wed Mar 24 22:21:50 2010] : (11) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [5,5,2,0,5] = (17)
[Wed Mar 24 22:22:25 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc If more loudly than she intended
[Wed Mar 24 22:22:29 2010] : (10) DM: The noise moves closer, coming down the stairs.
[Wed Mar 24 22:22:48 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena moves into a corner and watches
[Wed Mar 24 22:22:50 2010] : (11) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+2-0+5] => [7,5,2,0,5] = (19)
[Wed Mar 24 22:22:56 2010] : (12) Barnabas: Barnabas draws his sword
[Wed Mar 24 22:23:16 2010] : (9) Zotin: Zotin hangs back
[Wed Mar 24 22:23:22 2010] : (10) DM: ooc staying outside everyone else?
[Wed Mar 24 22:23:36 2010] : (12) Barnabas: ooc yes
[Wed Mar 24 22:23:52 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc They don't want to cramp my style ;)
[Wed Mar 24 22:24:02 2010] : (8) Elora: Elora drwas her sword and stays put
[Wed Mar 24 22:24:09 2010] : (9) Zotin: Zotin is staying behind the meat-shields
[Wed Mar 24 22:24:32 2010] : (11) Helena: Helena has her hand on her sword
[Wed Mar 24 22:25:26 2010] : (10) DM: Helena, watching from her hiding place behind a moth eaten, dusty curtain see the peale, ethereal figure of a woman enter the room, her armor battered and torn, or sword trailing soundlessly on the ground, ghostly white hands stained dark.
[Wed Mar 24 22:25:40 2010] : (10) DM: ooc peale? pale.
[Wed Mar 24 22:26:28 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc How do ghosts get dirty hands?
[Wed Mar 24 22:26:55 2010] : (9) Zotin: ooc by having them coated in blood?
[Wed Mar 24 22:27:23 2010] : (11) Helena: ooc Blood can't coat someone who's uncorpereal :P
[Wed Mar 24 22:27:24 2010] : (10) DM: She senses Helena behind the curtain, looks directly at her and ceases her weeping. Suddenly, enraged, she leapts to attack, ghostly sword flashing through the air!
[Wed Mar 24 22:27:27 2010] : (10) DM: GAME END