Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue May 19 19:57:33 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue May 19 19:58:04 2009] : Ennil: ooc wait
[Tue May 19 19:58:05 2009] : Ennil: Initiative [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue May 19 19:58:07 2009] : Ennil: Ennil follows
[Tue May 19 19:58:09 2009] : Ennil: ok
[Tue May 19 19:58:11 2009] : Ennil: sorry
[Tue May 19 19:59:15 2009] : DM: You're in a hidden tomb beneath the old church. Ahead of you a a chamber filled with a dozen or so shadowy spirits whose touch curses with decay and death.
[Tue May 19 20:00:15 2009] : DM: With you is a rotting, dying man who mutters "stay in the light" constantly. He probably only has a day left to live as half his face is dead already.
[Tue May 19 20:01:10 2009] : Fenton: ooc OK, we really need the map to understand this as I got totally the wrong impression last time
[Tue May 19 20:01:15 2009] : DM: In the chamber ahead is a magical crystal above the opposite doorway. Casting a spell at the crystal causes it to shine a beam of light down the centre of the room, forcing the spirits into the corners.
[Tue May 19 20:01:52 2009] : DM: Juila has been touch by one of the spirits and already there are signs of decay on her lower left arm.
[Tue May 19 20:04:12 2009] : Fenton: "OK, so we need to cast a spell on the crystal then walk through the chamber while the light is shining?"
[Tue May 19 20:04:16 2009] : Ennil: ooc you didn't play last week? /me is confused
[Tue May 19 20:04:25 2009] : Fenton: ooc no, Bert was ill
[Tue May 19 20:04:30 2009] : Julia: "If we want to get through, that is"
[Tue May 19 20:04:32 2009] : Ennil: ooc I see.
[Tue May 19 20:05:05 2009] : Murle: ooc dodgy stomach
[Tue May 19 20:05:19 2009] : Murle: "I think you mean run"
[Tue May 19 20:05:44 2009] : Ennil: "Do week know what's on the other side?"
[Tue May 19 20:05:48 2009] : DM: ooc each level of spell makes the brightness last 1 minute
[Tue May 19 20:06:10 2009] : DM: On the other side is the corridor much like the one you're in. It's dark and you can't see far.
[Tue May 19 20:07:16 2009] : Fenton: "The light might make Julia's arm problem stop spreading"
[Tue May 19 20:07:23 2009] : Murle: "Ok, So I cast a spell at that.. thing and we all run for it?"
[Tue May 19 20:07:37 2009] : Fenton: "If so, maybe we can drag that poor guy in there for a bit of help"
[Tue May 19 20:08:02 2009] : Fenton: "It lasted a minute last time Murle"
[Tue May 19 20:08:46 2009] : Julia: [1d100] => [66] = (66)
[Tue May 19 20:08:49 2009] : Ennil: "But if we do it with stronger spells, and maybe all of us together?"
[Tue May 19 20:08:56 2009] : Julia: "If we want to get that guy to the other corridor in a minute we need 2 to carry him"
[Tue May 19 20:08:59 2009] : Murle: ooc I used a L0 spell last time
[Tue May 19 20:09:12 2009] : Fenton: "Do we have any stronger spells?"
[Tue May 19 20:09:32 2009] : Fenton: "I have no spells that I can use at range, all mine require touch"
[Tue May 19 20:10:03 2009] : Julia: "I can't cast spells, my Lord hasn't granted me any yet"
[Tue May 19 20:10:38 2009] : Ennil: "Actually, I've used mostof my power for togetherday"
[Tue May 19 20:10:46 2009] : Ennil: ooc DAMN AUTOCOMPLETE
[Tue May 19 20:11:06 2009] : Murle: "Mine are mainly close up, except for those lights I used last time. I can cast those a few more times today though
[Tue May 19 20:11:31 2009] : DM: ooc 30 seconds is more than enough time to get through.
[Tue May 19 20:12:31 2009] : Murle: "Right, two of you grab our friend and I'll send my lights at the crystal. Then run!"
[Tue May 19 20:13:10 2009] : Ennil: "I think I can cast a few spells, they won't be too strong, but they should be enough to get us through"
[Tue May 19 20:13:18 2009] : Ennil: "The thing is, we don't know what's on the other side"
[Tue May 19 20:13:26 2009] : Fenton: Fenton grabs the other guy
[Tue May 19 20:13:26 2009] : Murle: "Only one way to find out"
[Tue May 19 20:13:46 2009] : Ennil: "ooc will a 30ft range spell do?
[Tue May 19 20:13:47 2009] : Murle: "Ready?"
[Tue May 19 20:14:08 2009] : Ennil: ooc actually, I have detect magic, will that work?
[Tue May 19 20:14:16 2009] : Murle: "Dont worry Ennil, I think mine will do"
[Tue May 19 20:14:34 2009] : Ennil: "Good, I'll keep my power in case we need to come back in a hurry"
[Tue May 19 20:14:39 2009] : Fenton: ooc I don't think so
[Tue May 19 20:14:41 2009] : Ennil: "I am ready"
[Tue May 19 20:14:43 2009] : Fenton: "Yes"
[Tue May 19 20:14:46 2009] : Julia: Julia grabs the other guy as well and is ready to run
[Tue May 19 20:14:50 2009] : DM: ooc any targeted spell would work
[Tue May 19 20:16:35 2009] : Murle: "Murle waves his hands and flings several balls of light towards the crystal"
[Tue May 19 20:17:05 2009] : DM: The crystal blazes with light and the spirits shrink back. The way is clear
[Tue May 19 20:17:24 2009] : Murle: "RUN!"
[Tue May 19 20:17:48 2009] : Fenton: Fenton runs while carrying the guy with Julia
[Tue May 19 20:17:50 2009] : Julia: Julia runs
[Tue May 19 20:17:54 2009] : DM: You leg it through the chamber and reach the other side.
[Tue May 19 20:17:55 2009] : Ennil: Ennil runs
[Tue May 19 20:17:59 2009] : DM: 200 XP each.
[Tue May 19 20:18:27 2009] : Fenton: Fenton takes a look at the guy
[Tue May 19 20:18:34 2009] : DM: He looks the same.
[Tue May 19 20:18:38 2009] : Fenton: "Julia, does you hand feel any better?"
[Tue May 19 20:18:50 2009] : Julia: ooc Yay, xp!
[Tue May 19 20:19:20 2009] : Julia: "No, still the same"
[Tue May 19 20:19:38 2009] : Julia: Julia looks at her hand and then shrugs
[Tue May 19 20:19:48 2009] : Murle: "That looks bad."
[Tue May 19 20:20:10 2009] : Julia: "My Lord Kraft will help me with healing, I hope. And if not, I will find a way to still work his will"
[Tue May 19 20:20:13 2009] : Fenton: "OK, so the light simply keeps those things away"
[Tue May 19 20:20:30 2009] : Fenton: "It soesn't stop their evil"
[Tue May 19 20:21:12 2009] : Murle: "Looking at this guy I doubt you will be doing much without some form of cure"
[Tue May 19 20:21:50 2009] : Fenton: "Yes, we shold maybe leave him here for now though"
[Tue May 19 20:24:15 2009] : Murle: "Perhaps"
[Tue May 19 20:24:27 2009] : DM: The next chamber is tiled with a checkerboard pattern. Lying face down in the centre and pierced by a wooden spear is a man's corpse.
[Tue May 19 20:24:34 2009] : Julia: Julia sits the man down and makes him as comfortable as possible
[Tue May 19 20:24:48 2009] : DM: Rows of small holes line the sides of the corridors at waist height.
[Tue May 19 20:25:28 2009] : Murle: "Hmmm"
[Tue May 19 20:25:59 2009] : Fenton: "I don't suppose anyone can fly?"
[Tue May 19 20:26:26 2009] : Ennil: "I certainy cannot"
[Tue May 19 20:26:30 2009] : Ennil: yes
[Tue May 19 20:26:34 2009] : Ennil: jooc oops
[Tue May 19 20:26:44 2009] : Murle: "I'm guessing that spear came out of one of those holes."
[Tue May 19 20:26:50 2009] : Julia: "So a spear, small holes in the walls, what does that tell us?"
[Tue May 19 20:27:20 2009] : Julia: "Triggered by what? Or are there goblins living in the walls?"
[Tue May 19 20:28:23 2009] : Murle: "Floor trigger?"
[Tue May 19 20:28:47 2009] : Julia: "Possibly. Who dares to try?"
[Tue May 19 20:28:50 2009] : Fenton: "If anyone has a grappling hook, maybe we can drag that corpse here and see if it sets anything off?"
[Tue May 19 20:28:55 2009] : Murle: "Do you think we could just crawl along the floor?"
[Tue May 19 20:29:24 2009] : Julia: "I'm not one for climbing, so I don't have any grappling hooks"
[Tue May 19 20:29:29 2009] : Fenton: "Maybe they come out at different angles Murle?"
[Tue May 19 20:29:38 2009] : Julia: Julia points at her armour and weaponry
[Tue May 19 20:30:16 2009] : Murle: "Let me have a look at the floor"
[Tue May 19 20:30:19 2009] : Murle: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [8,7] = (15)
[Tue May 19 20:31:47 2009] : Ennil: "there has to be a pattern to walk, or something"
[Tue May 19 20:31:48 2009] : Murle: "You know, it looks to me that its the black tiles which trigger the spears."
[Tue May 19 20:32:08 2009] : Murle: "I'll go first"
[Tue May 19 20:32:31 2009] : Julia: "When you hear something: duck!"
[Tue May 19 20:32:44 2009] : Ennil: je sais
[Tue May 19 20:32:51 2009] : Murle: "Tie a rope round my waist, then you can pull me back just in case I'm wrong. Its very unlikely though"
[Tue May 19 20:32:58 2009] : Ennil: ooc oops again.
[Tue May 19 20:33:31 2009] : Ennil: "pull you back if you're impaled sounds like a difficult task"
[Tue May 19 20:33:33 2009] : Fenton: "Of you say so"
[Tue May 19 20:33:47 2009] : Ennil: "But I guess you know what risks you are taking"
[Tue May 19 20:33:53 2009] : Fenton: "Depends if the impaling implement is free or attached to something"
[Tue May 19 20:34:03 2009] : Murle: Murle ties his rope around his waist and hands the free end to Fenton
[Tue May 19 20:34:11 2009] : Murle: "Wish me luck"
[Tue May 19 20:34:20 2009] : Fenton: Fenton takes hold
[Tue May 19 20:34:28 2009] : Fenton: "Tyr guide you"
[Tue May 19 20:34:38 2009] : Murle: Murle gives the party a wink and starts stepping from white to white stone
[Tue May 19 20:34:56 2009] : Julia: "May Kraft keep you safe"
[Tue May 19 20:35:06 2009] : DM: Murle walks safely across the room.
[Tue May 19 20:35:33 2009] : Fenton: "Hmm"
[Tue May 19 20:35:46 2009] : Fenton: Do you suppose it changes each time Murle?"
[Tue May 19 20:35:53 2009] : Fenton: "That seemed too easy"
[Tue May 19 20:36:21 2009] : Julia: "Let us be grateful it is easy"
[Tue May 19 20:36:22 2009] : Murle: "Let me check this side"
[Tue May 19 20:36:24 2009] : Murle: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue May 19 20:36:37 2009] : DM: It's the same.
[Tue May 19 20:37:29 2009] : Murle: "Nothings changed that I can see, but I'd still take care one at a time"
[Tue May 19 20:37:38 2009] : Fenton: "Who is next?"
[Tue May 19 20:37:47 2009] : Fenton: "I am happy to go"
[Tue May 19 20:37:52 2009] : Ennil: "So am I"
[Tue May 19 20:38:21 2009] : Fenton: "I will go last as I am the one with the healing"
[Tue May 19 20:38:42 2009] : Fenton: "So if you all make it OK, then we don't lose the healer"
[Tue May 19 20:38:48 2009] : Julia: "Then let me go now"
[Tue May 19 20:38:55 2009] : Fenton: "As it's likely I'll make it OK too"
[Tue May 19 20:38:59 2009] : Ennil: "Sounds good"
[Tue May 19 20:39:08 2009] : Julia: Julia walks across the room, being careful where to step
[Tue May 19 20:39:36 2009] : DM: Julia reaches the other side.
[Tue May 19 20:39:57 2009] : Julia: "It would appear all is still safe"
[Tue May 19 20:40:38 2009] : Ennil: Ennil goes next, making sure she goes from white to white
[Tue May 19 20:41:13 2009] : DM: Ennil is safe also
[Tue May 19 20:41:18 2009] : Fenton: Fenton goes last
[Tue May 19 20:41:26 2009] : Fenton: "Stick to the white"
[Tue May 19 20:41:29 2009] : DM: Fenton crosses safely as well.
[Tue May 19 20:41:32 2009] : DM: 50 XP each
[Tue May 19 20:41:50 2009] : Fenton: "I was sure it must be more difficult!"
[Tue May 19 20:42:31 2009] : Murle: "Perhaps its just to catch the unwary, and we're anything but that"
[Tue May 19 20:42:58 2009] : Ennil: "It is strage indeed"
[Tue May 19 20:43:06 2009] : Ennil: "Is this whole place full of such mazes?"
[Tue May 19 20:43:28 2009] : DM: The corridor makes a left hand turn (because the map is too small)
[Tue May 19 20:43:35 2009] : Julia: ooc LOL
[Tue May 19 20:44:30 2009] : Fenton: ooc LOL
[Tue May 19 20:46:00 2009] : DM: Just around the corner the passageway is blocked by a transparent wall of crystal. Beyond, is a large, brightly lit room. A large rectangular object sits in the centre of the room and other blury shapes can been seen mobing around.
[Tue May 19 20:46:12 2009] : DM: ooc it's a right hand turn not left
[Tue May 19 20:46:30 2009] : Fenton: ooc I never even noticed
[Tue May 19 20:46:36 2009] : Murle: ooc me neither
[Tue May 19 20:46:43 2009] : Julia: ooc I did
[Tue May 19 20:47:12 2009] : Fenton: "Hmm, that seems to block our way"
[Tue May 19 20:47:17 2009] : Julia: Julia tries to determine of the shapes are evil
[Tue May 19 20:47:40 2009] : DM: Yup. They're evil
[Tue May 19 20:48:05 2009] : Fenton: ooc what were the spells on the scrolls? Wasn't one of the shatter?
[Tue May 19 20:48:39 2009] : DM: ooc shatter, spider climb and knock
[Tue May 19 20:48:39 2009] : Murle: Murle gets the scroll case out and has a look at the scrolls
[Tue May 19 20:49:12 2009] : Julia: "There are more evil presences ahead"
[Tue May 19 20:49:22 2009] : Julia: ooc How many and how evil?
[Tue May 19 20:49:41 2009] : Murle: "Shatter... what do you think?"
[Tue May 19 20:50:54 2009] : Fenton: "If we want to get in, it sounds like the right spell"
[Tue May 19 20:51:02 2009] : Ennil: "Indeed"
[Tue May 19 20:51:12 2009] : Fenton: ooc can I make out what they are?
[Tue May 19 20:52:04 2009] : Julia: Julia continues to concentrate on the moving shapes
[Tue May 19 20:52:13 2009] : Murle: Casts L0:: Detect Magic
[Tue May 19 20:53:19 2009] : Murle: "Theres definately magic in there. Five things, moderatly strong"
[Tue May 19 20:53:57 2009] : DM: ooc oops. The 5 auras of moderate strength and the evil ones not the magical ones.
[Tue May 19 20:54:26 2009] : Murle: ooc ahh
[Tue May 19 20:55:23 2009] : Murle: "Well the blurred object in the middle is magical. Thats all I can detect"
[Tue May 19 20:56:08 2009] : Julia: "Five evil aura's, we'd better be ready to fight as soon as that crystal is out of our way. And may Kraft guide us"
[Tue May 19 20:56:46 2009] : Fenton: "Tyr shall guide my hand"
[Tue May 19 20:56:58 2009] : Fenton: "Will we break the crystal?"
[Tue May 19 20:57:16 2009] : Murle: Murle raises the scroll in answer
[Tue May 19 20:57:19 2009] : Fenton: "If so I will be ready to try to call on the power of Tyr to cow them"
[Tue May 19 20:58:05 2009] : Murle: ooc moooo
[Tue May 19 20:58:10 2009] : Fenton: Fenton brandishes his holy symbol in his shield hand and grips his sword"
[Tue May 19 20:58:18 2009] : Fenton: Fenton brandishes his holy symbol in his shield hand and grips his sword
[Tue May 19 20:58:23 2009] : Fenton: ooc can I make out what they are?
[Tue May 19 20:58:30 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17)
[Tue May 19 20:58:55 2009] : Murle: Murle checks that his crossbow is loaded and that his sword is free
[Tue May 19 20:59:43 2009] : Julia: Julia grabs her sword in both hands and stands ready
[Tue May 19 20:59:50 2009] : Ennil: Ennil makes sure her sword is loose in her scabbard
[Tue May 19 21:00:25 2009] : Ennil: Realizing that she's short on spell power, she actually takes her sword in hand
[Tue May 19 21:00:57 2009] : Murle: Murle reads from the scroll
[Tue May 19 21:01:17 2009] : Fenton: ooc surely Ennil can cast while wielding? You only need one free hand
[Tue May 19 21:01:39 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Bless: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear. (Range: Caster and all allies within a 50 ft. burst centered on caster; Duration: 2 min.)
[Tue May 19 21:01:58 2009] : DM: ooc yes, only one hand required for casting
[Tue May 19 21:02:19 2009] : Ennil: ooc yeah, I always forget
[Tue May 19 21:02:59 2009] : DM: If you're ready to try breaking the crystal, roll initiative
[Tue May 19 21:03:08 2009] : Murle: Initiative Murle: [1d20+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:03:09 2009] : Fenton: Fenton Initiative: [1d20] => [8] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:04:29 2009] : Julia: Initiative [1d20+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue May 19 21:04:34 2009] : DM: [1d20+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:05:23 2009] : Fenton: ooc brilliant rolls all round ;-)
[Tue May 19 21:05:43 2009] : Ennil: Initiative [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
[Tue May 19 21:05:50 2009] : Ennil: ooc :P
[Tue May 19 21:06:11 2009] : Julia: ooc There is always one :(
[Tue May 19 21:06:26 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 19 21:06:27 2009] : Fenton: ooc presumably as Turn is a special attack, bless gives me +1 to my roll :-) DM?
[Tue May 19 21:06:47 2009] : DM: oocI don't think so
[Tue May 19 21:06:55 2009] : Fenton: ooc booo!
[Tue May 19 21:07:42 2009] : Ennil: ooc well, that's a wasted 20
[Tue May 19 21:07:48 2009] : Ennil: ooc :P
[Tue May 19 21:07:56 2009] : Julia: ooc LOL
[Tue May 19 21:08:23 2009] : DM: Are you waiting then?
[Tue May 19 21:09:33 2009] : Ennil: ooc who's casting the spell?
[Tue May 19 21:10:27 2009] : Murle: ooc Murle did
[Tue May 19 21:11:08 2009] : DM: ooc oops missed that.
[Tue May 19 21:11:36 2009] : DM: Murle casts the shatter spell and the crystal barrier shatters into millions of sparkling shards.
[Tue May 19 21:11:41 2009] : DM: Ennil, your turn.
[Tue May 19 21:12:37 2009] : DM: There are four skeletons, wearing tattered chain mail and carrying longspears.
[Tue May 19 21:12:45 2009] : Ennil: Ennil advances into the room, sword in hand
[Tue May 19 21:12:59 2009] : DM: On their crumbling armour are traces of a sun or star emblem.
[Tue May 19 21:12:59 2009] : Fenton: "Skeletons, bludgeoning weapons do best"
[Tue May 19 21:13:16 2009] : Ennil: ooc darn, I have none :D
[Tue May 19 21:13:16 2009] : Murle: ooc crap
[Tue May 19 21:14:15 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 19 21:14:21 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 19 21:14:21 2009] : Ennil: ooc wait no.
[Tue May 19 21:14:25 2009] : Ennil: ooc sorry.
[Tue May 19 21:14:44 2009] : Ennil: Ennil advances, sword in hand, and as she gets closer to the skeleton, incants a spell
[Tue May 19 21:14:55 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 00 - Acid Splash : Orb deals 1d3 acid damage => [1d3] => [3] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:15:02 2009] : Ennil: on 3
[Tue May 19 21:15:04 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 19 21:15:08 2009] : Julia: Julia mutters under her breath
[Tue May 19 21:15:57 2009] : DM: The skeleton smokes and sizzles a little.
[Tue May 19 21:15:59 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 19 21:16:30 2009] : Fenton: Fenton strides forwards brandishing his holy symbol
[Tue May 19 21:16:43 2009] : Murle: ooc oo-er missus
[Tue May 19 21:16:47 2009] : Fenton: Fenton uses Turn undead: "By the power of Tyr, I compel you foul creature" - Turn Check [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4) --> Damage [2d6+3] => [2,6,3] = (11) (See Fenton's turn chart)
[Tue May 19 21:16:56 2009] : Fenton: ooc a 1??
[Tue May 19 21:17:04 2009] : Julia: "Lord Kraft, help me. Lead my arm so my sword may vanquish these foes"
[Tue May 19 21:17:18 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 19 21:17:52 2009] : Fenton: Fenton unseats his morningstar from his belt and lets it drop
[Tue May 19 21:18:00 2009] : Murle: ooc Murle was presumably closer to the barrier when he read the scroll
[Tue May 19 21:18:10 2009] : Fenton: "I will try to call on Tyr one more time"
[Tue May 19 21:18:42 2009] : Fenton: "One of you may want to use my morningstar, it can help to bludgeon them"
[Tue May 19 21:18:44 2009] : DM: The skeletons advance and attack Fenton and Ennil (two each).
[Tue May 19 21:19:08 2009] : DM: Longspear (base): [1d20+1] => [2,1] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue May 19 21:19:10 2009] : DM: Longspear (base): [1d20+1] => [11,1] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue May 19 21:19:10 2009] : DM: Longspear (base): [1d20+1] => [7,1] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue May 19 21:19:11 2009] : DM: Longspear (base): [1d20+1] => [13,1] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue May 19 21:19:23 2009] : Ennil: ooc AC 15
[Tue May 19 21:19:26 2009] : DM: None aim well
[Tue May 19 21:21:40 2009] : DM: A ghastly humanoid undead climbs out of the large stone coffin. It mas mottled, decaying flesh drawn tight over its bones. Eyes burn like hot coals in their sunken sockets. Sharp teeth are bared as it leaps at Fenton
[Tue May 19 21:21:49 2009] : DM: ooc knowledge: religion
[Tue May 19 21:21:54 2009] : DM: Bite (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+5] => [6,5] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:21:57 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 19 21:21:59 2009] : Julia: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Tue May 19 21:22:21 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18)
[Tue May 19 21:22:30 2009] : Ennil: ooc untraine
[Tue May 19 21:22:32 2009] : Ennil: ooc d
[Tue May 19 21:23:10 2009] : Fenton: "Tyr protect us, a ghast!"
[Tue May 19 21:23:12 2009] : Ennil: ooc /me sings "the DM has crap rolls tonight" lalalala
[Tue May 19 21:23:20 2009] : DM: The creature is surrounded by a foul stentch that makes you gag. Fenton and Ennil, roll fortitude saves.
[Tue May 19 21:23:32 2009] : Ennil: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[Tue May 19 21:23:39 2009] : Fenton: Fortitude save: [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue May 19 21:23:58 2009] : Julia: ooc Didn't Darren pitch us against a ghast once? And didn't that creature do a song and dance for us?
[Tue May 19 21:24:22 2009] : Fenton: ooc I remember from BG that they are uberghouls
[Tue May 19 21:24:26 2009] : DM: The horrific smell is overpowering, you're both sickened for [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) minutes
[Tue May 19 21:24:58 2009] : DM: ooc -2 to all rolls
[Tue May 19 21:25:04 2009] : Ennil: ooc holy smoke.
[Tue May 19 21:25:33 2009] : Ennil: ooc tell me the DC on this is 16
[Tue May 19 21:25:35 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 19 21:25:37 2009] : Ennil: ooc not 15 :P
[Tue May 19 21:26:11 2009] : Fenton: ooc presumably we're surrounded on the map DM?
[Tue May 19 21:26:25 2009] : Julia: Julia steps forwar and swings at skeleten #1
[Tue May 19 21:26:33 2009] : Julia: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] => [11,6] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:26:37 2009] : DM: ooc what do you mean, Fenton?
[Tue May 19 21:26:39 2009] : Julia: Done
[Tue May 19 21:26:53 2009] : Fenton: ooc I see loads of spread out skeletons
[Tue May 19 21:27:02 2009] : DM: Julia chips of some shards of bone and tattered chainmail.
[Tue May 19 21:27:11 2009] : DM: ooc they have long spears -- 10 ft reach
[Tue May 19 21:27:34 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 19 21:27:41 2009] : Murle: ooc crap, I can't get at them now :(
[Tue May 19 21:28:04 2009] : Murle: Murle moves forward and waves his hands in a strange way
[Tue May 19 21:28:21 2009] : Murle: Casts L1:: Colour Spray: 15ft Cone 2HD=U,B,S [2d4] => [1,1] = (2), B,S [1d4] => [4] = (4), S 1; 3-4HD=B,S [1d4] => [3] = (3), S 1; 5HD= S 1. (DC16 Will negates)
[Tue May 19 21:28:37 2009] : Murle: ooc code shape
[Tue May 19 21:28:41 2009] : Murle: ooc cone shape
[Tue May 19 21:29:02 2009] : Murle: ooc want to get the ghast and as many skeletons as possible
[Tue May 19 21:29:04 2009] : DM: Your spell does nothing.
[Tue May 19 21:29:25 2009] : Murle: Done
[Tue May 19 21:29:25 2009] : DM: ooc undead are immune to mind-effecting spells
[Tue May 19 21:29:29 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 19 21:30:06 2009] : Murle: ooc bugger
[Tue May 19 21:30:42 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts again
[Tue May 19 21:30:47 2009] : Fenton: ooc I dropped my morningstar so someone could grab it
[Tue May 19 21:30:57 2009] : Ennil: feeling note quite herself
[Tue May 19 21:31:26 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 00 - Acid Splash : Orb deals 1d3 acid damage => [1d3] => [1] = (1)
[Tue May 19 21:31:45 2009] : Ennil: on #3 again.
[Tue May 19 21:31:47 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 19 21:31:54 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 19 21:31:57 2009] : Fenton: Fenton prays fervently for Tyr's power
[Tue May 19 21:32:06 2009] : Fenton: Fenton uses Turn undead: "By the power of Tyr, I compel you foul creature" - Turn Check [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12) --> Damage [2d6+3] => [5,3,3] = (11) (See Fenton's turn chart)
[Tue May 19 21:32:43 2009] : Julia: ooc Much better :-D
[Tue May 19 21:32:47 2009] : Fenton: Fenton steps back to regroup himself
[Tue May 19 21:32:52 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 19 21:32:54 2009] : DM: The four skeletons burst in a shower of bone and bits of rusty armour, their spears clattering to the ground.
[Tue May 19 21:33:02 2009] : Julia: ooc Regroup himself? LOL
[Tue May 19 21:33:21 2009] : DM: The ghast attacks Julia
[Tue May 19 21:33:23 2009] : DM: Bite (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue May 19 21:33:25 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue May 19 21:33:25 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:33:54 2009] : DM: It's dirty claws scraping harmlessly on armour.
[Tue May 19 21:33:56 2009] : Fenton: "We thank thee o Tyre for thy mercy"
[Tue May 19 21:33:58 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 19 21:33:58 2009] : Julia: Julia looks miffed at being attacked
[Tue May 19 21:34:29 2009] : Julia: Julia looks the ghast in the eyes as she once agin swings her sword
[Tue May 19 21:34:31 2009] : Julia: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] => [9,6] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue May 19 21:34:34 2009] : DM: Around the ghasts neck hangs a black metal disc amulet.
[Tue May 19 21:34:47 2009] : DM: The ghast dodges.
[Tue May 19 21:34:50 2009] : Fenton: ooc +1 for bless
[Tue May 19 21:36:30 2009] : Julia: Done
[Tue May 19 21:36:36 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 19 21:37:31 2009] : Murle: Murle draws his rapier and works his way round behind the creature
[Tue May 19 21:37:36 2009] : Murle: Done
[Tue May 19 21:37:49 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 19 21:39:23 2009] : Ennil: Ennil approaches the Ghast and slashes
[Tue May 19 21:39:26 2009] : Ennil: Longsword (base): [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue May 19 21:39:32 2009] : DM: A miss
[Tue May 19 21:39:42 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 19 21:39:47 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 19 21:40:00 2009] : Ennil: Longsword (base): [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:40:04 2009] : Ennil: ooc sorry
[Tue May 19 21:40:50 2009] : Fenton: Fenton steps forwards and attacks
[Tue May 19 21:40:57 2009] : Fenton: Sword, bastard (base): [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d10+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue May 19 21:41:02 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 19 21:41:45 2009] : DM: Fenton's sword bites into the ghast.
[Tue May 19 21:41:45 2009] : Ennil: ooc brb
[Tue May 19 21:41:58 2009] : DM: The ghast turns and attacks Fenton
[Tue May 19 21:42:00 2009] : DM: Bite (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue May 19 21:42:03 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [5,3] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:42:03 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue May 19 21:42:18 2009] : DM: Fortitude save.
[Tue May 19 21:42:23 2009] : Fenton: Fortitude save: [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue May 19 21:42:37 2009] : DM: Also fortitude saves from Murle and Julia.
[Tue May 19 21:42:39 2009] : Fenton: ooc oh dear
[Tue May 19 21:42:45 2009] : Julia: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] => [18,6] = (24)
[Tue May 19 21:42:50 2009] : Murle: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue May 19 21:43:20 2009] : DM: Fenton, numbness spreads though your body and to your horror your find yourself unable to move.
[Tue May 19 21:43:21 2009] : Julia: ooc Did I save? Did I?
[Tue May 19 21:43:47 2009] : DM: Murle, you're also sickened from the foul miasma surrounding the undead creature.
[Tue May 19 21:43:51 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 19 21:45:07 2009] : Julia: Julia wants to end this now
[Tue May 19 21:45:14 2009] : Julia: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:45:23 2009] : Julia: ooc and misses
[Tue May 19 21:45:28 2009] : Julia: Done
[Tue May 19 21:45:30 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 19 21:45:55 2009] : Murle: Murle attacks again, despite his heaving stomach
[Tue May 19 21:45:56 2009] : Murle: Rapier (base): [1d20+1] => [3,1] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d4-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue May 19 21:46:06 2009] : Murle: Done
[Tue May 19 21:46:27 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 19 21:46:57 2009] : Fenton: ooc you'd have done -3 damage ;-)
[Tue May 19 21:47:11 2009] : Julia: ooc That's nice ;)
[Tue May 19 21:47:18 2009] : Ennil: Ennil slashes again, trying to aim better
[Tue May 19 21:47:21 2009] : Ennil: Longsword (base): [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:47:29 2009] : Ennil: ooc and does the same.
[Tue May 19 21:47:41 2009] : DM: Miss
[Tue May 19 21:47:44 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 19 21:47:48 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 19 21:47:53 2009] : Fenton: Fenton looks on, unable to do anything
[Tue May 19 21:47:58 2009] : Murle: ooc would that heal him and being undead, kill him? ;)
[Tue May 19 21:48:25 2009] : DM: The ghast attacks Fenton, the easy target
[Tue May 19 21:48:28 2009] : DM: Bite (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue May 19 21:48:29 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:48:30 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue May 19 21:48:38 2009] : DM: 14 damage
[Tue May 19 21:48:47 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 19 21:49:09 2009] : Fenton: Fenton's eyes become waxy, though his body remains taught
[Tue May 19 21:50:30 2009] : Fenton: ooc taut!
[Tue May 19 21:50:49 2009] : Fenton: ooc it wouldn't come to me as I typed and I knew it looked wrong!
[Tue May 19 21:51:30 2009] : Julia: ooc LOL
[Tue May 19 21:52:01 2009] : Julia: Julia now REALLY wants to end the fight and she swings her sword again
[Tue May 19 21:52:04 2009] : Julia: Longsword (base): [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:52:11 2009] : Julia: ooc Drat!
[Tue May 19 21:52:19 2009] : DM: Oh dear
[Tue May 19 21:52:22 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 19 21:52:30 2009] : Fenton: ooc you all suck
[Tue May 19 21:52:33 2009] : Julia: ooc /me examines her dice to check if they're loaded
[Tue May 19 21:52:40 2009] : Fenton: ooc as do my fort saves
[Tue May 19 21:52:47 2009] : Murle: Murle steps back 5ft, drops his rapier, draws his loaded crossbow and fires
[Tue May 19 21:52:51 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+4] => [12,4] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:53:06 2009] : DM: Miss
[Tue May 19 21:53:14 2009] : Murle: Done
[Tue May 19 21:53:15 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 19 21:53:54 2009] : Ennil: Ennil desperately tries to slash the beast
[Tue May 19 21:53:56 2009] : Ennil: Longsword (base): [1d20+3] => [3,3] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:54:05 2009] : DM: miss
[Tue May 19 21:54:08 2009] : Ennil: ooc I'm punished for having sung.
[Tue May 19 21:54:24 2009] : DM: The ghast turns on Julia
[Tue May 19 21:54:27 2009] : DM: Bite (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+5] => [16,5] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue May 19 21:54:27 2009] : Fenton: ooc welll duh!
[Tue May 19 21:54:28 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:54:29 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:54:38 2009] : DM: 10 damage and a fortitude save.
[Tue May 19 21:54:46 2009] : Julia: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:54:52 2009] : DM: You're paralysed.
[Tue May 19 21:55:12 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 19 21:55:15 2009] : Julia: ooc Of course
[Tue May 19 21:55:35 2009] : Murle: Murle shoots again
[Tue May 19 21:55:36 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+4] => [15,4] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue May 19 21:55:49 2009] : Fenton: ooc 4e next week then?
[Tue May 19 21:55:58 2009] : Julia: Julia looks straight ahead, motionless and rigid
[Tue May 19 21:56:00 2009] : DM: *twang* *whizzz* *thnk* A hit!
[Tue May 19 21:56:04 2009] : Julia: ooc Yes, please :)
[Tue May 19 21:56:08 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 19 21:56:10 2009] : Murle: ooc finally!
[Tue May 19 21:56:18 2009] : Murle: ooc looks like it
[Tue May 19 21:56:19 2009] : Fenton: umm, did I miss my go?
[Tue May 19 21:56:21 2009] : Fenton: [1d100] => [15] = (15)
[Tue May 19 21:57:51 2009] : Fenton: ooc brb
[Tue May 19 21:58:18 2009] : Ennil: Ennil decides to change her strategy and incants a spell
[Tue May 19 21:58:35 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 00 - Ray of frost: Ray deals [1d3] => [1] = (1) cold damage
[Tue May 19 21:58:44 2009] : Ennil: ooc damned.
[Tue May 19 21:58:47 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 19 21:59:13 2009] : DM: Fenton? Another stabilization roll
[Tue May 19 21:59:31 2009] : DM: The ghast turns on Ennil now, confidant of victory.
[Tue May 19 21:59:34 2009] : DM: Bite (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue May 19 21:59:35 2009] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [1,4,6] = (11)
[Tue May 19 21:59:39 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [17,3] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:59:40 2009] : DM: Claw (+ paralysis) (base): [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 19 21:59:52 2009] : Fenton: [1d100] => [27] = (27)
[Tue May 19 21:59:58 2009] : DM: Three fortitude saves and 16 damage (ouch!).
[Tue May 19 22:00:25 2009] : Julia: ooc We're toast
[Tue May 19 22:00:40 2009] : DM: ooc only paralysed for 1d4+1 rounds.
[Tue May 19 22:00:43 2009] : Fenton: ooc serves us right for being cocky!
[Tue May 19 22:00:51 2009] : DM: [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 19 22:00:52 2009] : DM: [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue May 19 22:01:01 2009] : DM: Fenton, you're no longer paralysed.
[Tue May 19 22:01:09 2009] : DM: Not that it does you much good.
[Tue May 19 22:01:26 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 19 22:01:37 2009] : Ennil: Ennil topples to the floor
[Tue May 19 22:01:41 2009] : Murle: Murle starts to look worried
[Tue May 19 22:01:41 2009] : DM: The ghast isn't even to 50%
[Tue May 19 22:01:46 2009] : Ennil: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Tue May 19 22:01:46 2009] : Ennil: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue May 19 22:01:47 2009] : Ennil: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
[Tue May 19 22:02:23 2009] : Ennil: ooc -3 HP :D
[Tue May 19 22:02:49 2009] : DM: If you leave your companions behind the ghast will devour them.
[Tue May 19 22:03:10 2009] : Murle: ooc IfI stay it'll get 4 meals instead of 3!
[Tue May 19 22:03:17 2009] : Fenton: ooc LOL
[Tue May 19 22:03:26 2009] : Julia: ooc LOL
[Tue May 19 22:03:40 2009] : DM: What's your plan then Murle?
[Tue May 19 22:04:35 2009] : Murle: Murle backs up around the pillar until the exit is clear and then casts expeditious retreat
[Tue May 19 22:05:09 2009] : DM: Where are you running to?
[Tue May 19 22:05:15 2009] : Fenton: Fenton is unconscious and so doesn't see anything
[Tue May 19 22:05:37 2009] : Murle: ooc out the way we came.
[Tue May 19 22:05:56 2009] : Murle: ooc hoping it'll follow me around and then i run for it
[Tue May 19 22:06:39 2009] : DM: You'll easily avoid it, say exactly what you're doing once you get into the corridor.
[Tue May 19 22:06:43 2009] : Julia: ooc Lead it into an ambush?
[Tue May 19 22:07:18 2009] : Murle: Murle skips across the white tiles and waits to see if the creature follows
[Tue May 19 22:07:50 2009] : DM: The creature doesn't follow, it turns back and soon you hear the sound of tearing flesh and crunching bones.
[Tue May 19 22:08:00 2009] : Murle: ooc :(
[Tue May 19 22:08:03 2009] : Ennil: ooc well tried.
[Tue May 19 22:08:35 2009] : Ennil: ooc END GAME
[Tue May 19 22:08:37 2009] : Ennil: :P
[Tue May 19 22:08:52 2009] : Murle: With a heavy heart, Murle casts a last set of lights at the crystal and crosses the chamber
[Tue May 19 22:08:55 2009] : DM: I feel a bit mean for not rewarding the plan now :(
[Tue May 19 22:09:28 2009] : Ennil: mean how?
[Tue May 19 22:09:31 2009] : Ennil: that we're dead?
[Tue May 19 22:09:34 2009] : Fenton: TPKs are part of the game
[Tue May 19 22:09:51 2009] : Julia: Ah, we all died. Should have been a TPK, Murle cheated :P
[Tue May 19 22:09:53 2009] : Ennil: we deserved it. I used up all my magic missiles, I should have said that I wasn't going in without resting.
[Tue May 19 22:09:53 2009] : Murle: ooc I think the word 'Plan' is a bit much
[Tue May 19 22:10:04 2009] : Julia: LOL
[Tue May 19 22:10:11 2009] : DM: GAME END