Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue May 5 19:46:40 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue May 5 19:48:07 2009] : DM: The old church is outside of the town, a small stone building with a shallow tiled roof and narrow windows. Several of the tiles are missing and the leaded window glass is missing many of its panes.
[Tue May 5 19:48:40 2009] : DM: The rusty iron gate is swung open and is nearly falling off its hunges.
[Tue May 5 19:49:03 2009] : Murle: "This place has seen better days"
[Tue May 5 19:49:26 2009] : Julia Libra: "Is it even in use?"
[Tue May 5 19:49:28 2009] : DM: The graveyard is overgrown with weeds and brambles but strangely, patches of earth have been disturbed as if recently dug.
[Tue May 5 19:49:50 2009] : Ennil: "I wonder, indeed"
[Tue May 5 19:49:59 2009] : Fenton: ooc did we rest up?
[Tue May 5 19:50:12 2009] : DM: ooc Yes
[Tue May 5 19:50:34 2009] : Fenton: ooc ok, thanks
[Tue May 5 19:52:49 2009] : Murle: Murle walks towards the church
[Tue May 5 19:52:58 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia walks up to the door
[Tue May 5 19:53:37 2009] : Fenton: Fenton secures his holy symbol in his shield hand and draws his sword, then follows Murle
[Tue May 5 19:53:58 2009] : DM: As you cross the threshold into the yard the disturbed earth moves and skeletal hands reach out
[Tue May 5 19:54:02 2009] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue May 5 19:54:02 2009] : Ennil: Ennil follows
[Tue May 5 19:54:05 2009] : Ennil: Initiative: [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
[Tue May 5 19:54:16 2009] : Julia Libra: Initiative [1d20+1] => [17,1] = (18)
[Tue May 5 19:54:22 2009] : Murle: Initiative Murle: [1d20+2] => [7,2] = (9)
[Tue May 5 19:55:30 2009] : Ennil: "I don't like this, I really don't like this"
[Tue May 5 19:55:46 2009] : DM: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue May 5 19:56:18 2009] : Fenton (enter): 19:56
[Tue May 5 19:56:32 2009] : Julia Libra: "Life isn't about liking, it's about duty"
[Tue May 5 19:57:35 2009] : Fenton (enter): 19:57
[Tue May 5 19:58:09 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia seems to caress her sword
[Tue May 5 19:58:23 2009] : DM: GAME PAUSE
[Tue May 5 19:58:34 2009] : DM: Diagnosing a technical problem with OpenRPG
[Tue May 5 19:59:17 2009] : Julia Libra: Sure, by all means. We want out cleric when we fight undead
[Tue May 5 20:00:04 2009] : Murle: how do you know they're undead? :)
[Tue May 5 20:00:41 2009] : DM: That's a good point. They might be bone golems.
[Tue May 5 20:01:04 2009] : Ennil: huhu
[Tue May 5 20:01:47 2009] : Julia Libra: Just meta-gaming here :P
[Tue May 5 20:06:10 2009] : Fenton (enter): 20:06
[Tue May 5 20:07:11 2009] : DM: Booting '(8) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:07:12 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:07
[Tue May 5 20:07:16 2009] : DM: Booting '(7) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:07:17 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:07
[Tue May 5 20:07:21 2009] : DM: Booting '(6) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:07:22 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:07
[Tue May 5 20:07:26 2009] : DM: Booting '(2) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:07:26 2009] : Ennil: how many clerics do we really need? ;-)
[Tue May 5 20:07:27 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:07
[Tue May 5 20:07:32 2009] : Julia Libra: KMAO
[Tue May 5 20:07:45 2009] : Julia Libra: About a dozen should do it
[Tue May 5 20:12:04 2009] : Fenton (enter): 20:12
[Tue May 5 20:12:10 2009] : Fenton: Hi all!
[Tue May 5 20:12:35 2009] : Murle: staying this time?
[Tue May 5 20:13:02 2009] : Fenton: Maybe :-P
[Tue May 5 20:13:48 2009] : Julia Libra: Welcome back :-D
[Tue May 5 20:15:12 2009] : DM: GAME RESUME
[Tue May 5 20:15:50 2009] : DM: Initiative, Fenton
[Tue May 5 20:16:43 2009] : Fenton: Fenton Initiative: [1d20] => [4] = (4)
[Tue May 5 20:17:17 2009] : Fenton: ooc there's nothing like a good initiative roll
[Tue May 5 20:17:35 2009] : Murle: ooc and thats nothing like a good initiative roll
[Tue May 5 20:17:57 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 5 20:18:44 2009] : DM: You can see 7 things climbing out of their graves. Three have skeletal hands, the other four have hands of putrid, decaying flesh.
[Tue May 5 20:18:48 2009] : DM: Ennil, your turn.
[Tue May 5 20:19:12 2009] : Murle: ooc ™ Tomy Cooper?
[Tue May 5 20:19:13 2009] : Fenton: ooc was going to add that, but I thought I'd let you finish it
[Tue May 5 20:19:22 2009] : Murle: ooc :)
[Tue May 5 20:19:25 2009] : Ennil: Ennil walks further into the graveyard, sword in hand, and slashes at the first skeletal thing she finds
[Tue May 5 20:19:37 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Psionics Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 5 20:19:39 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue May 5 20:19:43 2009] : Ennil: #7
[Tue May 5 20:19:47 2009] : Fenton: ooc great!
[Tue May 5 20:19:53 2009] : Ennil: Longsword (base): [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue May 5 20:20:14 2009] : Ennil: ooc ah wait
[Tue May 5 20:20:16 2009] : Ennil: I can't do it
[Tue May 5 20:20:18 2009] : Ennil: 30'
[Tue May 5 20:20:27 2009] : Ennil: so don't slash
[Tue May 5 20:20:29 2009] : Ennil: go for 4
[Tue May 5 20:20:34 2009] : Ennil: and magic missile
[Tue May 5 20:20:35 2009] : DM: Okay.
[Tue May 5 20:20:46 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 01 - Magic Missile: 1 missile that does 1d4+1 damage => [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 5 20:21:09 2009] : Ennil: on 4
[Tue May 5 20:21:12 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 5 20:21:21 2009] : DM: The fleshy hand flinches and sizzles as your missile hits.
[Tue May 5 20:21:54 2009] : DM: The zombies and skeletons climb out of their graves get ready to attack!
[Tue May 5 20:22:21 2009] : DM: The skeletons (#1 to #3) are holding rusty scimitars, I hope your tetanus jabs are up to date.
[Tue May 5 20:22:25 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 5 20:22:51 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia goes over to #7 and attacks it
[Tue May 5 20:23:02 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue May 5 20:23:08 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue May 5 20:23:37 2009] : DM: Julia charges one of the zombies and scores a hit, Her sword cutting into the rotting flesh.
[Tue May 5 20:23:57 2009] : DM: ooc knowledge: religion checks btw
[Tue May 5 20:24:01 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 5 20:24:07 2009] : Julia Libra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
[Tue May 5 20:24:15 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 5 20:24:35 2009] : Julia Libra: "May my Lord assist us to put these foul aberrations to eternal death"
[Tue May 5 20:24:50 2009] : Murle: Murle steps forward and takes a shot at #7
[Tue May 5 20:25:01 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue May 5 20:25:18 2009] : DM: A hit but your bolt doesn't seem to do a great deal of damage.
[Tue May 5 20:25:44 2009] : Murle: Done
[Tue May 5 20:25:49 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 5 20:26:27 2009] : Fenton: Fenton moves closer and holds up his holy symbol
[Tue May 5 20:26:36 2009] : Fenton: Fenton uses Turn undead: "In Hera's name begone" - Turn Check [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5) --> Damage [2d6+3] => [1,3,3] = (7) (See Fenton's turn chart)
[Tue May 5 20:26:51 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 5 20:26:56 2009] : Fenton: ooc FAIL
[Tue May 5 20:27:24 2009] : DM: The zombies and skeletons are unaffected.
[Tue May 5 20:27:30 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 5 20:27:36 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc That was a lousy roll, better change your dice
[Tue May 5 20:27:55 2009] : Ennil: GEt closer to #4 and strike.
[Tue May 5 20:28:11 2009] : Ennil: Longsword (base): [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue May 5 20:28:21 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 5 20:28:28 2009] : Ennil: ok, I'm stuck on 10 to hit. That's fun :)
[Tue May 5 20:28:35 2009] : Ennil: ooc oops, ooc
[Tue May 5 20:28:57 2009] : DM: Miss.
[Tue May 5 20:29:06 2009] : DM: They attack!
[Tue May 5 20:29:42 2009] : Fenton (enter): 20:29
[Tue May 5 20:30:09 2009] : DM: Two on Ennil
[Tue May 5 20:30:14 2009] : DM: Scimitar (base): [1d20+1] => [3,1] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue May 5 20:30:17 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+2] => [19,2] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 5 20:30:27 2009] : Ennil: ooc second hit
[Tue May 5 20:30:40 2009] : DM: 3 damage as a zombie buffets you with his foul hand.
[Tue May 5 20:31:32 2009] : DM: A zombie attacks Julia
[Tue May 5 20:31:33 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+2] => [4,2] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue May 5 20:31:37 2009] : DM: And misses.
[Tue May 5 20:31:45 2009] : DM: Booting '(10) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:31:46 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:31
[Tue May 5 20:31:51 2009] : DM: Booting '(9) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:31:52 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:31
[Tue May 5 20:32:06 2009] : Fenton (enter): 20:32
[Tue May 5 20:32:18 2009] : Fenton: OK, really sorry about that one!
[Tue May 5 20:32:41 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 5 20:33:00 2009] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11) Fenton...
[Tue May 5 20:34:04 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 5 20:34:07 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia swings her sword again at #7
[Tue May 5 20:34:23 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Just waiting to see what happened with Craig
[Tue May 5 20:34:26 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue May 5 20:34:27 2009] : Fenton (enter): 20:34
[Tue May 5 20:34:35 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue May 5 20:34:37 2009] : Fenton: Booting '(11) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 20:34:38 2009] : Fenton (exit): 20:34
[Tue May 5 20:34:49 2009] : Fenton: OK... back again
[Tue May 5 20:34:50 2009] : DM: That zombie is looking pretty tattered now.
[Tue May 5 20:34:56 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 5 20:35:35 2009] : Murle: Murle shoots at the injured one
[Tue May 5 20:35:37 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+4] => [15,4] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue May 5 20:35:41 2009] : Ennil: ooc all minis are gone, I supposed that's normak=l?
[Tue May 5 20:35:51 2009] : DM: A hit, but it does no damage.
[Tue May 5 20:35:58 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue May 5 20:36:03 2009] : DM: ooc can't load the map without killing craig
[Tue May 5 20:36:15 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 5 20:36:25 2009] : Fenton: ooc Sorry :-(
[Tue May 5 20:36:43 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I'd rather play without a map than without Craig
[Tue May 5 20:36:50 2009] : Fenton: ooc how close am I to the nearest one?
[Tue May 5 20:37:17 2009] : Fenton: ooc and how damaged is it? If possible I'll try to get two within a 30 ft blast
[Tue May 5 20:37:26 2009] : Fenton: Fenton uses Turn undead: "In Hera's name begone" - Turn Check [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17) --> Damage [2d6+3] => [3,2,3] = (8) (See Fenton's turn chart)
[Tue May 5 20:37:28 2009] : DM: ooc 2 square, undamaged. Yes.
[Tue May 5 20:38:33 2009] : DM: ooc Um, does that destroy them all?
[Tue May 5 20:38:57 2009] : DM: ooc or does it only destroy 3 skeletons (3 *1/3 HD)
[Tue May 5 20:39:13 2009] : Fenton: ooc up to 8 HD within 60 feet - the HD is per monster (1 HD)
[Tue May 5 20:39:50 2009] : Fenton: ooc got confused before thought it was 30 ft
[Tue May 5 20:40:22 2009] : Ennil: ooc can we at least draw the skeletons? :D
[Tue May 5 20:40:36 2009] : DM: The three skeletons explode in a shower of bone fragments. two of the zombies also pop with a disgusting sound and spray of stinking flesh and fluids.
[Tue May 5 20:40:53 2009] : DM: Only two zombies remain.
[Tue May 5 20:40:56 2009] : Julia Libra: "Ewww. Well done, Fenton"
[Tue May 5 20:41:00 2009] : Murle: ooc nice
[Tue May 5 20:41:01 2009] : Fenton: "I thank thee O Tyr for your aid at this time"
[Tue May 5 20:41:04 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 5 20:41:18 2009] : Ennil: ooc how far are the remaining zombies?
[Tue May 5 20:41:21 2009] : Fenton: "It was Tyr's power, I only borrowed it"
[Tue May 5 20:41:25 2009] : DM: Ennil? They're 80 and 100 ft away from you.
[Tue May 5 20:41:39 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I thought you'd changed Hera into Tyr for your Turn undead?
[Tue May 5 20:41:43 2009] : Fenton: ooc lovely description DM
[Tue May 5 20:42:07 2009] : Fenton: ooc Ah - lost the change when it crashed
[Tue May 5 20:42:09 2009] : DM: The two remaining zombies cower away from Fentons radiant power.
[Tue May 5 20:42:22 2009] : Ennil: Ennil waves her hands, starts an incantation and a ray made of red lights bolts out of her hand towards the zombie
[Tue May 5 20:42:28 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 01 - Magic Missile: 1 missile that does 1d4+1 damage => [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue May 5 20:42:42 2009] : DM: ooc a ray?
[Tue May 5 20:43:00 2009] : DM: Rotting flesh hisses and the missile hits.
[Tue May 5 20:43:07 2009] : Ennil: ooc on the furthest one.
[Tue May 5 20:43:17 2009] : Ennil: ooc yeah, I didn't know how to describe it ;-)
[Tue May 5 20:43:53 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I see it as some kind of magical firecracker
[Tue May 5 20:44:19 2009] : DM: ooc "...a small ball of red light zips out of her hands and flys unerringly towards the zombie"
[Tue May 5 20:44:36 2009] : DM: The zombies continue to cower in place.
[Tue May 5 20:44:39 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 5 20:45:08 2009] : DM: They're 40 and 60 ft away from you
[Tue May 5 20:45:47 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia runs at the nearest creature and attacks it
[Tue May 5 20:45:49 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue May 5 20:45:54 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue May 5 20:46:16 2009] : DM: A glancing blow to the arm.
[Tue May 5 20:46:21 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 5 20:47:19 2009] : Murle: Murle takes a probably pointless shot at the nearest one
[Tue May 5 20:47:21 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue May 5 20:47:59 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue May 5 20:48:05 2009] : DM: Hit, but no damage.
[Tue May 5 20:48:12 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 5 20:49:07 2009] : Fenton: ooc how close to the nearest one?
[Tue May 5 20:49:30 2009] : DM: About 70 ft
[Tue May 5 20:50:07 2009] : Fenton: Fenton double moves 40ft towards it
[Tue May 5 20:50:09 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 5 20:50:29 2009] : Fenton: ooc err make that 60 ft - I'm not in heavy armour
[Tue May 5 20:50:49 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 5 20:51:00 2009] : Ennil: ooc one left? or two?
[Tue May 5 20:51:05 2009] : DM: two left
[Tue May 5 20:51:54 2009] : Ennil: Ennil incants again and a small ball of red light zips out of her hands and strikes the farthest zombie.
[Tue May 5 20:52:01 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 01 - Magic Missile: 1 missile that does 1d4+1 damage => [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue May 5 20:52:07 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 5 20:52:34 2009] : DM: It's looking quite damage now, ribs and other bones sticking from it's flesh.
[Tue May 5 20:52:47 2009] : DM: They continue to cower where they are.
[Tue May 5 20:52:50 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 5 20:53:11 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia invokes the name of Kraft before she swings her sword again
[Tue May 5 20:53:13 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue May 5 20:53:26 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc And she misses the mark totally :(
[Tue May 5 20:53:33 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue May 5 20:53:40 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue May 5 20:54:06 2009] : Murle: Murle takes another probably pointless shot at the nearest one
[Tue May 5 20:54:08 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+4] => [10,4] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue May 5 20:54:14 2009] : DM: Yup.
[Tue May 5 20:54:20 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue May 5 20:54:30 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue May 5 20:54:50 2009] : Murle: "Guys, you want to give me a shout when you've got this sorted?"
[Tue May 5 20:54:56 2009] : Fenton: Move to the nearest one and chop with all my strength
[Tue May 5 20:55:06 2009] : Fenton: Sword, bastard (base): [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d10+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue May 5 20:55:17 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue May 5 20:56:01 2009] : DM: A reasonable strike, the zombie no longer shrinks back in fear from you and its dead eyes stare at you.
[Tue May 5 20:56:05 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue May 5 20:59:27 2009] : Ennil: ooc how far?
[Tue May 5 20:59:27 2009] : Fenton: ooc hello?
[Tue May 5 20:59:38 2009] : DM: 80 ft, 100 ft
[Tue May 5 21:00:08 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts another ball of red light
[Tue May 5 21:00:12 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 01 - Magic Missile: 1 missile that does 1d4+1 damage => [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 5 21:00:25 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue May 5 21:00:32 2009] : DM: Fenton is attacked
[Tue May 5 21:00:33 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 5 21:00:38 2009] : DM: It misses.
[Tue May 5 21:00:41 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue May 5 21:01:36 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia once again swings her sword
[Tue May 5 21:01:37 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue May 5 21:01:45 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue May 5 21:02:17 2009] : DM: Julia chops deep into the zombies grey flesh, severing the spine and destroying it.
[Tue May 5 21:02:33 2009] : DM: Murle? You want to just pass?
[Tue May 5 21:02:35 2009] : Fenton: "Good show Julia!"
[Tue May 5 21:03:03 2009] : Murle: Murle waits to see what happens
[Tue May 5 21:03:05 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue May 5 21:03:21 2009] : DM: Fenton? The last zombie is cowering 10 ft away
[Tue May 5 21:03:31 2009] : DM: It's nearly destroyed.
[Tue May 5 21:03:49 2009] : Julia Libra: "My Lord Kraft has aided me"
[Tue May 5 21:03:52 2009] : Fenton: Fenton strides over and smashes it with his sword
[Tue May 5 21:03:54 2009] : Fenton: Sword, bastard (base): [1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d10+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Tue May 5 21:03:55 2009] : Fenton: Critical hit? [1d20+5] => [4,5] = (9) ===> Damage: [2d10+6] => [7,5,6] = (18)
[Tue May 5 21:03:57 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia beams proudly
[Tue May 5 21:04:15 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc That should do it :)
[Tue May 5 21:04:18 2009] : DM: Fenton shears the zombies head clean off its head.
[Tue May 5 21:04:50 2009] : Fenton: "Aha, back to death foul beast"
[Tue May 5 21:04:56 2009] : Murle: "Well that was very well handled.!
[Tue May 5 21:05:00 2009] : Murle: "Well that was very well handled."
[Tue May 5 21:05:13 2009] : Murle: "Although I was completely useless"
[Tue May 5 21:05:35 2009] : DM: ooc 225 XP each
[Tue May 5 21:05:51 2009] : Murle: "Maybe I should get myself a big club to hit things like that with"
[Tue May 5 21:05:54 2009] : Fenton: "Well, moving forwards Murle, what could have helped you in this battle?"
[Tue May 5 21:07:03 2009] : Murle: "A comfortable seat to watch you in action would've been nice"
[Tue May 5 21:07:20 2009] : DM: At this point Fenton remembers that skeletons are vulnerable only to bludgeoning damage and zombies resist everything but slashing.
[Tue May 5 21:08:13 2009] : Fenton: "Would another weapon have helped you? it slipped my mind before, but skeletons are more vulnerable to bludgeoning weapons, and zombies to slashing ones"
[Tue May 5 21:08:46 2009] : Ennil: "Leave me the zombies next time then"
[Tue May 5 21:08:50 2009] : Fenton: "I guess that your crossbow bolts skipped stright through both of them without harming them?"
[Tue May 5 21:09:08 2009] : Murle: "Thats what it seems like"
[Tue May 5 21:09:16 2009] : Fenton: ooc I have morningstar for dealing with skeletons
[Tue May 5 21:09:55 2009] : Fenton: "Well, we all learn new lessons every battle. I have never seen Tyr's power flow through me so well"
[Tue May 5 21:10:33 2009] : Murle: "Yes that was very impressive"
[Tue May 5 21:10:50 2009] : Julia Libra: "I might think to invest in a bludgeoning weapon"
[Tue May 5 21:11:32 2009] : Fenton: "I have a morningstar for such occasions"
[Tue May 5 21:11:51 2009] : Fenton: Fenton sheathes his sword and shows the weapon
[Tue May 5 21:12:05 2009] : Murle: "That could be a good buy"
[Tue May 5 21:12:24 2009] : Fenton: "Though I am not as proficient with it as my sword, which is the chosen weapon of Tyr the one-handed"
[Tue May 5 21:12:29 2009] : Fenton: Morningstar (base): [1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue May 5 21:12:43 2009] : Fenton: ooc and rolls a one ;)
[Tue May 5 21:12:59 2009] : Fenton: Fenton drops the weapon in his display
[Tue May 5 21:13:00 2009] : DM: Fenton flourishes his morningstar, fumbles and nearly drops it.
[Tue May 5 21:13:08 2009] : Fenton: ooc LOL
[Tue May 5 21:13:31 2009] : Julia Libra: "I can see why it's not your *favourite* weapon"
[Tue May 5 21:14:05 2009] : Murle: "Hmmm"
[Tue May 5 21:14:09 2009] : Murle: ooc brb
[Tue May 5 21:16:01 2009] : Fenton: Fenton picks it up and blushes a little
[Tue May 5 21:16:07 2009] : Fenton: "Indeed"
[Tue May 5 21:16:10 2009] : DM: What next?
[Tue May 5 21:16:33 2009] : Ennil: "Well it seems we've rid the graveyard of the infestation, but what is with the church?"
[Tue May 5 21:16:39 2009] : Ennil: "Do you think there are more in there?"
[Tue May 5 21:16:44 2009] : Fenton: "Shall we examine the rest of the graveyard to see if there is a reason why the dead are rising?"
[Tue May 5 21:16:48 2009] : Ennil: "And where did those come from anyway?"
[Tue May 5 21:17:12 2009] : Julia Libra: "Finding a reason would be the surest way to a definite solution to the problem of investation ..."
[Tue May 5 21:17:15 2009] : Fenton: "We can also see if the corpses have anything to help pay our way"
[Tue May 5 21:17:27 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia starts rambling a bit
[Tue May 5 21:18:02 2009] : DM: The corpses don't have anything on them except for the rusty scimitars of the three skeletons.
[Tue May 5 21:19:05 2009] : DM: The church doors are shut.
[Tue May 5 21:19:28 2009] : Fenton: "It's an odd thing to bury them with"
[Tue May 5 21:19:52 2009] : Murle: ooc back
[Tue May 5 21:20:00 2009] : Fenton: "Murle, do you think you could examine the disturbed graves? You have good eyesight"
[Tue May 5 21:20:05 2009] : DM: ooc players shouldn't point out DM oversights and plot holes ;)
[Tue May 5 21:20:12 2009] : Julia Libra: "I wouldn't know about burial rituals here, it might be the done thing"
[Tue May 5 21:20:27 2009] : Murle: Murle has a poke around
[Tue May 5 21:20:31 2009] : Murle: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue May 5 21:20:42 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Who would dare do that, DM? \o/
[Tue May 5 21:20:55 2009] : Murle: ooc actually, take 20 on that
[Tue May 5 21:21:03 2009] : Murle: ooc we've plenty of time
[Tue May 5 21:21:25 2009] : DM: Murle picks through the graves, digging through the mud and earth and decaying coffins.
[Tue May 5 21:21:41 2009] : Murle: ooc lovely
[Tue May 5 21:22:36 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Got to love the descriptions :D
[Tue May 5 21:23:00 2009] : Murle: ooc oh yes. Very scenic
[Tue May 5 21:23:05 2009] : Fenton: ooc I bet he smells charming ;-)
[Tue May 5 21:23:24 2009] : Fenton: Fenton is glad he asked Murle to look
[Tue May 5 21:23:40 2009] : Fenton: "Sorry it's such a messy job Murle"
[Tue May 5 21:23:55 2009] : Murle: ooc he'll be looking for hugs! :)
[Tue May 5 21:25:56 2009] : Murle: Murle tosses a filthy amulet out of one of the graves
[Tue May 5 21:26:01 2009] : Murle: "What do you make of that?"
[Tue May 5 21:27:14 2009] : Julia Libra: "Let me see"
[Tue May 5 21:27:25 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia studies the amulet
[Tue May 5 21:27:32 2009] : Murle: "And can I get a hand out of this hole please?"
[Tue May 5 21:27:39 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Knowledge check?
[Tue May 5 21:27:50 2009] : Fenton: Fenton helps Murle out
[Tue May 5 21:28:02 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia absentmindedly lends Murle a hand while not taking her eyes of the amulet
[Tue May 5 21:28:05 2009] : Murle: "Thanks Fenton"
[Tue May 5 21:28:22 2009] : DM: The amulet has the appearance of a rough piece of bark of an oak tree. Holding it in your hand you feel it enhancing the toughness of your skin.
[Tue May 5 21:28:22 2009] : Murle: "It was making my fingers tingle when I picked it up"
[Tue May 5 21:28:33 2009] : DM: ooc amulet of natural armour +1
[Tue May 5 21:28:35 2009] : Fenton: "I can see if it is magical, but to futher foind out its powers if it is is a job for a wizard"
[Tue May 5 21:28:56 2009] : DM: ooc auto-identifying magic items is something I've taken from 4e.
[Tue May 5 21:28:56 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 0: : Detect Magic: Reveals magical auras in a 60 ft. cone. (Duration: Concentration up to 20 min.)
[Tue May 5 21:29:11 2009] : Murle: ooc woot!
[Tue May 5 21:29:18 2009] : Ennil: ooc w00t?
[Tue May 5 21:29:20 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Nice!
[Tue May 5 21:29:37 2009] : Fenton: ooc ah - /me thinks he probably won't be needing detect magic much
[Tue May 5 21:30:03 2009] : Murle: ooc I've got it anyway
[Tue May 5 21:30:05 2009] : Fenton: ooc I always got the impression that in 3.x you were supposed to play with items to see what they do
[Tue May 5 21:31:12 2009] : DM: ooc I like the idea of that for particularly unique or intelligent items.
[Tue May 5 21:31:57 2009] : DM: What now?
[Tue May 5 21:32:39 2009] : Murle: "Did the notice board say who talk to after cleaning up the trouble?"
[Tue May 5 21:32:41 2009] : Fenton: "Can we try to get into the church?"
[Tue May 5 21:33:09 2009] : Julia Libra: "It seems to be locked. Does anyone have a key?"
[Tue May 5 21:33:36 2009] : Murle: "Let me have a look"
[Tue May 5 21:33:40 2009] : Murle: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
[Tue May 5 21:34:19 2009] : DM: You easily pick the simple lock but the door does not open. It's either barred from the inside or there's something in the way.
[Tue May 5 21:34:59 2009] : Murle: "Its unlocked, but there's something else in the way"
[Tue May 5 21:35:10 2009] : Julia Libra: "Can't open it?"
[Tue May 5 21:35:20 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia pushes at the door
[Tue May 5 21:35:27 2009] : Julia Libra: Str check: [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
[Tue May 5 21:35:30 2009] : Ennil: "brred?"
[Tue May 5 21:35:32 2009] : DM: It doesn't open.
[Tue May 5 21:35:36 2009] : Murle: "Can any of you see in through a window?"
[Tue May 5 21:35:39 2009] : Ennil: "barrede maybe ?"
[Tue May 5 21:35:43 2009] : Fenton: Str check: [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)
[Tue May 5 21:35:53 2009] : Ennil: ooc never mind my typing
[Tue May 5 21:35:57 2009] : DM: The doors are solid and hardly move.
[Tue May 5 21:36:18 2009] : Ennil: "Well, isn't there a window we could actually use to get in?"
[Tue May 5 21:37:06 2009] : Fenton: "It would be a strange chuch that did not have them"
[Tue May 5 21:37:10 2009] : DM: Peering through the grimy and broken windows you see that the benches for the congregation have been pushed to one side and in their place are four bedrolls and a mound of equipment.
[Tue May 5 21:37:17 2009] : Fenton: "Though I'm not sure that they always open"
[Tue May 5 21:37:51 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Don't most church doors open outwardly anyway?
[Tue May 5 21:38:04 2009] : DM: A stack of planks and poles, coils of rope, two small barrels, several lanterns and three medium size crates about 1 m cube.
[Tue May 5 21:38:17 2009] : Murle: ooc I've not been in enough to know :)
[Tue May 5 21:38:27 2009] : Julia Libra: "It would seem this building has habitants"
[Tue May 5 21:39:20 2009] : DM: There are many tracks in the dusty ground leading from the door, the equipment and the stone altar.
[Tue May 5 21:39:44 2009] : DM: The altar has been pushed aside and you see a worn set of steps decending into the gloom.
[Tue May 5 21:40:15 2009] : Fenton: "I'm guessing the trouble stems from down those steps"
[Tue May 5 21:40:29 2009] : Fenton: "So how do we get in?"
[Tue May 5 21:40:59 2009] : Murle: "Break a window? Its a pretty decrepid church anyway"
[Tue May 5 21:41:11 2009] : Ennil: "Are we fit to go against 4 creatures we know nothing about?"
[Tue May 5 21:41:12 2009] : DM: The windows, whilst narrow are wide enough to climb through.
[Tue May 5 21:41:13 2009] : Julia Libra: "Can't we try to open one first?"
[Tue May 5 21:42:07 2009] : DM: The windows don't seem to have latches.
[Tue May 5 21:44:15 2009] : DM: ooc windows don't open themselves...
[Tue May 5 21:44:24 2009] : Murle: ooc are any of the breaks small enough for a gnome to fit?
[Tue May 5 21:44:58 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 5 21:45:36 2009] : DM: The windows are diamond pattern leaded windows and the broken panes are only large enough for a rat to get through.
[Tue May 5 21:46:01 2009] : Murle: "Look, we either break a window or walk back to town"
[Tue May 5 21:46:39 2009] : Fenton: "Break a window"
[Tue May 5 21:46:58 2009] : Ennil: ooc bbiaf
[Tue May 5 21:46:59 2009] : Julia Libra: "Yes, break one"
[Tue May 5 21:47:00 2009] : Fenton: "That's my opinion"
[Tue May 5 21:47:56 2009] : Murle: "Murle picks up a stone and throws it at the most broken window"
[Tue May 5 21:48:12 2009] : Murle: Murle picks up a stone and throws it at the most broken window
[Tue May 5 21:48:19 2009] : DM: Murle smashes a window, the broken glass crashing to the floor.
[Tue May 5 21:48:36 2009] : DM: You can all fit through the resulting gap.
[Tue May 5 21:49:06 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc All at once? ;)
[Tue May 5 21:49:39 2009] : Fenton: "OK, let's go!
[Tue May 5 21:49:40 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia climbs in and draws her sword
[Tue May 5 21:49:43 2009] : Murle: "I was going to have a look around quietly, but I suppose anyone would've heard that glass"
[Tue May 5 21:50:57 2009] : Fenton: "Unless they were deaf..."
[Tue May 5 21:51:02 2009] : DM: Once inside your get a better look at all the equipment. It seems whoever this stuff is was a well prepared.
[Tue May 5 21:51:10 2009] : Fenton: "But then quietness wouldn't matter anyway"
[Tue May 5 21:51:27 2009] : Murle: "What have we got here?"
[Tue May 5 21:51:50 2009] : DM: There are enough rations for four people for two weeks. Enough lamp oil for several weeks. Pick axes, shovels, hammers and other tools.
[Tue May 5 21:51:57 2009] : Murle: Murle has a look around the equipment
[Tue May 5 21:52:07 2009] : DM: There's also a scroll case.
[Tue May 5 21:52:15 2009] : Fenton: "Adventurer gear, or religious?"
[Tue May 5 21:52:32 2009] : DM: Inside are three scrolls.
[Tue May 5 21:52:39 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia uses her mind to search for evil presences
[Tue May 5 21:52:50 2009] : DM: ooc range?
[Tue May 5 21:53:18 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc 60 ft. I believe
[Tue May 5 21:54:24 2009] : Murle: Murle tries to detect any magical auras
[Tue May 5 21:54:33 2009] : DM: The scrolls are shatter, knock and spider climb.
[Tue May 5 21:54:37 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I'll use Detect evil until I start doing something that needs my concentration (like fighting)
[Tue May 5 21:54:59 2009] : DM: There's nothing close by that's either magical or evil.
[Tue May 5 21:55:14 2009] : Fenton: "Those don't look like spells that I could use"
[Tue May 5 21:55:21 2009] : Ennil: ooc sorry emma was yelling
[Tue May 5 21:55:52 2009] : Fenton: ooc NP to me
[Tue May 5 21:56:29 2009] : Murle: "I'll hold on to those then"
[Tue May 5 21:56:43 2009] : Murle: Murle tucks the scroll case in his backpack
[Tue May 5 21:56:45 2009] : Ennil: "strange"
[Tue May 5 21:56:53 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Tell her to hush it: mommy is playing now and can't come to you ;)
[Tue May 5 21:57:00 2009] : Ennil: "these people seem to have settled here"
[Tue May 5 21:57:11 2009] : Julia Libra: "Why would you take them? That's stealing"
[Tue May 5 21:57:31 2009] : Murle: "Finders keepers. Thats the rules."
[Tue May 5 21:58:44 2009] : Murle: "If I left my stuff lying around then I wouldn't be surprised to lose it"
[Tue May 5 21:58:59 2009] : Julia Libra: "You are stealing and there are rules for that. You know somebody owns it and thought it safe to leave it here."
[Tue May 5 21:59:09 2009] : Fenton: "And if you left it in a locked room?"
[Tue May 5 21:59:16 2009] : Murle: "Well they were wrong"
[Tue May 5 22:00:23 2009] : Julia Libra: "They were only wrong because you came around"
[Tue May 5 22:00:35 2009] : Murle: "Serve me right for leaving stuff with only a mediocre lock protecting it"
[Tue May 5 22:00:46 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia turns around, disgusted with Murle
[Tue May 5 22:01:59 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Has Darvin returned? ;)
[Tue May 5 22:02:12 2009] : Murle: ooc ow, that hurts!
[Tue May 5 22:03:01 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 5 22:03:06 2009] : Ennil: "Julia, why did we break in in the first place, if you're going to lecture Murle?"
[Tue May 5 22:03:25 2009] : Ennil: "Let's be consistent here"
[Tue May 5 22:03:33 2009] : Fenton: "Well, if these folk are up to no goo, as it would seem, then their property is forfeit"
[Tue May 5 22:03:34 2009] : Julia Libra: "To do good, not to steal. Plus, I'm personally prepared to pay for any damages"
[Tue May 5 22:03:34 2009] : Ennil: "And i'm sure he'll return the stuff if they're nice enough to ask"
[Tue May 5 22:03:48 2009] : Fenton: "Such makes a good statement to the populace"
[Tue May 5 22:03:59 2009] : Fenton: "And is just"
[Tue May 5 22:04:17 2009] : Julia Libra: "But will they even ask if they don't know he's taken it? Forfeit is one thing, taking in advance is another"
[Tue May 5 22:04:30 2009] : Murle: "Well if we run into them and they aren't up to no good then I'll hand them over. Hows that sound?"
[Tue May 5 22:04:45 2009] : Ennil: "so we agree. Now, maybe before we engage further in this debate, we should try and really find out what those people are up to?"
[Tue May 5 22:04:53 2009] : Ennil: "Sounds good to me Murle"
[Tue May 5 22:04:55 2009] : Murle: ooc sorry, on the phone diagnosing a DNS prblem on Vista so I'm a little distracted
[Tue May 5 22:05:00 2009] : Ennil: "And I'll keep you to your word"
[Tue May 5 22:05:01 2009] : Fenton: "Justice will be done - to one and all. If Murle has some coming his way, it will catch him up"
[Tue May 5 22:05:15 2009] : Ennil: Ennil smiles at Murle
[Tue May 5 22:05:39 2009] : Fenton: ooc Julia isn't sounding too chaotic to me
[Tue May 5 22:05:41 2009] : Julia Libra: "That would be a solution, I guess"
[Tue May 5 22:06:24 2009] : Murle: Murle subtly rolls his eyes
[Tue May 5 22:06:30 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc She may not be lawful, but she's good. And stealing is considered not good :)
[Tue May 5 22:06:55 2009] : Murle: ooc depends who you're stealing from :P
[Tue May 5 22:07:06 2009] : Fenton: ooc depends if you see it as stealing or liberation of wealth
[Tue May 5 22:07:21 2009] : Fenton: ooc chaotic folk have an odd standpoint IMO
[Tue May 5 22:07:24 2009] : Ennil: ooc and both Fenton and I are lawful, I think.
[Tue May 5 22:07:35 2009] : Fenton: ooc I'm neutral
[Tue May 5 22:07:47 2009] : Fenton: ooc my deity is lawful, so I lean that way
[Tue May 5 22:07:54 2009] : Murle: ooc murle is actually NG, so maybe wouldn't have taken them at all... hmmm
[Tue May 5 22:08:18 2009] : Fenton: "So shall we descend?"
[Tue May 5 22:08:29 2009] : Ennil: "Sounds good to me"
[Tue May 5 22:08:42 2009] : Julia Libra: "Yes, let's see what's happening here"
[Tue May 5 22:09:43 2009] : DM: You climb down the old, worn steps into the darkness.
[Tue May 5 22:10:07 2009] : DM: The air is cool and damp with a musty smell.
[Tue May 5 22:10:16 2009] : DM: ooc what light are people using?
[Tue May 5 22:11:26 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I've got a lantern
[Tue May 5 22:11:40 2009] : DM: ooc okay
[Tue May 5 22:11:50 2009] : Fenton: ooc umm
[Tue May 5 22:12:12 2009] : DM: The steps decend about 20 ft into the ground and end in a stone lined passageway.
[Tue May 5 22:12:15 2009] : Fenton: ooc I'll stick to Julias lantern light
[Tue May 5 22:13:24 2009] : Murle: ooc I've got low light vision, so I can see very well by lantern light
[Tue May 5 22:13:29 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Anything to see up ahead? And do I sense any evil presences?
[Tue May 5 22:13:31 2009] : DM: The ceiling has been proped in places with new wooden beams and planks and at intervals, hanging from nails, are burned out lanterns, empty of oil.
[Tue May 5 22:13:52 2009] : DM: You near a faint sobbing ahead.
[Tue May 5 22:14:14 2009] : Murle: "Thats one sound I wasn't expecting down here"
[Tue May 5 22:15:30 2009] : Julia Libra: "Neither did I"
[Tue May 5 22:15:50 2009] : Fenton: "Strange indeed"
[Tue May 5 22:15:52 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia advances carefully
[Tue May 5 22:16:05 2009] : DM: As you approach you see someone seated on the floor. He's cradling his left arm and sobbing quietly. You hear the words: "The light. should have stayed in the light." Repeated endlessly.
[Tue May 5 22:16:42 2009] : Fenton: "Fenton looks on, wondering who he is
[Tue May 5 22:16:46 2009] : Murle: Murle approaches carefully
[Tue May 5 22:16:49 2009] : Fenton: Fenton looks on, wondering who he is
[Tue May 5 22:17:28 2009] : Julia Libra: "Are you alright? Can we help you?"
[Tue May 5 22:19:17 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia goes over to the person
[Tue May 5 22:19:31 2009] : DM: You get near him, he turns and looks at you with his one good eye. "The light! Stay in the light!" he sobs. Where is left eye should nothing but a empty socket crying tears of blood. Maggots writh in the dead flesh of the left side of his face.
[Tue May 5 22:20:11 2009] : Murle: Murle retches at the sight of this
[Tue May 5 22:20:14 2009] : DM: His left hand is nothing but a skeleton with only tatters of gray, putrid flesh.
[Tue May 5 22:20:15 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Tue May 5 22:20:34 2009] : DM: The smell of death and decay chokes you.
[Tue May 5 22:20:40 2009] : Fenton: "This may be the cause of our problems"
[Tue May 5 22:20:53 2009] : Fenton: ooc understatement ;-)
[Tue May 5 22:20:55 2009] : Ennil: Ennil looks away, disgusted
[Tue May 5 22:21:05 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia gags
[Tue May 5 22:21:29 2009] : Julia Libra: "That is disgusting"
[Tue May 5 22:21:33 2009] : DM: The man is dying but from what cause you cannot determine.
[Tue May 5 22:22:57 2009] : Fenton: "I don't think that there is much we can do for him"
[Tue May 5 22:23:10 2009] : Fenton: "Let's move on for now"
[Tue May 5 22:23:14 2009] : DM: Beyond where the man sits dying, as a chamber with a high ceiling. There is an aura of great evil from within it.
[Tue May 5 22:23:53 2009] : DM: On the far wall above the exit passageway is a large white crystal, dimly glowing with a faint white light.
[Tue May 5 22:23:56 2009] : Julia Libra: "That room! It is terrible. Evil radiates from it"
[Tue May 5 22:25:21 2009] : Fenton: "Let's hope that the foe beyond is not too great for us. We may need to beat a hasty retreat and return with more powerful priests and paladins"
[Tue May 5 22:25:28 2009] : Murle: ooc any knowledge checks?
[Tue May 5 22:25:43 2009] : DM: ooc arcana
[Tue May 5 22:25:48 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue May 5 22:26:02 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue May 5 22:26:33 2009] : Ennil: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [18,1] = (19)
[Tue May 5 22:27:19 2009] : Ennil: "Those are crystal that generate light"
[Tue May 5 22:27:24 2009] : Ennil: "but that one is almost drained"
[Tue May 5 22:27:35 2009] : Murle: "I think I have heard of these - The crystal is a lantern crystal, they're charged with magical energy and emit a bright light."
[Tue May 5 22:27:37 2009] : Julia Libra: "There's at least a dozen presences there, all evil"
[Tue May 5 22:27:51 2009] : Julia Libra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 5 22:28:21 2009] : Murle: "Do you think if we targetted spells at that crystal it would get brighter?"
[Tue May 5 22:28:33 2009] : Ennil: "giving it more energy?"
[Tue May 5 22:28:45 2009] : Murle: "Maybe"
[Tue May 5 22:29:22 2009] : Murle: "How far away do you think it is?"
[Tue May 5 22:29:46 2009] : DM: The chamber is 40 ft long and 30 ft wide. (see map)
[Tue May 5 22:31:08 2009] : Murle: "Shall I try a simple experiment?"
[Tue May 5 22:31:55 2009] : DM: ooc yes!
[Tue May 5 22:31:58 2009] : Julia Libra: "Just be careful to not annoy those in the room"
[Tue May 5 22:32:04 2009] : Fenton: "It probably can't hurt"
[Tue May 5 22:32:08 2009] : Murle: "I thought if I targetted a simple cantrip at it we could see what happened."
[Tue May 5 22:32:36 2009] : Murle: Murle sends 4 Dancing Lights at the crystal
[Tue May 5 22:32:54 2009] : Murle: and watches closely
[Tue May 5 22:33:31 2009] : DM: The crystal absorbs the magical energy from the spells and it flares brightly, shining a bright beam of light down the centre of the chamber.
[Tue May 5 22:34:01 2009] : Murle: "Ahh"
[Tue May 5 22:34:11 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia watches for anything or anyone coming out of the chamber"
[Tue May 5 22:34:26 2009] : DM: The sprits are disturbed and whisper like a rustle of dead leaves. "aaaah. the light, it burns."
[Tue May 5 22:34:29 2009] : Ennil: "Nice"
[Tue May 5 22:34:37 2009] : Fenton: "OK, I have some Orisons and some minor spells"
[Tue May 5 22:34:37 2009] : Murle: "Again?"
[Tue May 5 22:34:55 2009] : Fenton: "No, save your spells for now"
[Tue May 5 22:35:10 2009] : DM: The cantrip only sustains the light for a brief moment and it fades again in 30 seconds.
[Tue May 5 22:35:18 2009] : Fenton: "I guess we need to lure them into the area"
[Tue May 5 22:35:20 2009] : DM: The whispering quietens.
[Tue May 5 22:35:33 2009] : Murle: "These are but minor tricks"
[Tue May 5 22:35:57 2009] : Murle: "So you think we run in, lure them out and then turn on the light?"
[Tue May 5 22:35:59 2009] : DM: ooc I've marked the beam on the map.
[Tue May 5 22:36:12 2009] : Julia Libra: "And alas, of minor duration"
[Tue May 5 22:36:28 2009] : Fenton: ooc where is the crystal?
[Tue May 5 22:36:58 2009] : DM: The crystal is mounted on the lintel of the doorway on the far side.
[Tue May 5 22:37:01 2009] : Murle: "I cant replicate that a few more times today"
[Tue May 5 22:37:42 2009] : Fenton: "I have some more powerful spells, but I may need to touch the crystal"
[Tue May 5 22:38:53 2009] : Murle: "I can hit it from afar"
[Tue May 5 22:39:14 2009] : Murle: "Are we agreed?"
[Tue May 5 22:39:23 2009] : DM: ooc I think Murle meant "I can replicate..."
[Tue May 5 22:40:04 2009] : Julia Libra: "The light really seems to hurt them, if it's lit they retreat as far away from the entrance as they can go"
[Tue May 5 22:40:05 2009] : Murle: ooc oh yes sorry
[Tue May 5 22:40:16 2009] : Murle: "I can replicate that a few more times today"
[Tue May 5 22:40:49 2009] : Julia Libra: "So luring them out and then lighting the crystal should really help us"
[Tue May 5 22:41:09 2009] : Ennil: "Ican choose whatever spell, but my power has been strained by the bony things outside"
[Tue May 5 22:41:09 2009] : DM: What are you luring? I don't follow.
[Tue May 5 22:41:14 2009] : Murle: "If it doesn't, we're in the same boat as this guy"
[Tue May 5 22:41:36 2009] : Murle: ooc we were going to run in, wait for the things to attack, then turn on the lights
[Tue May 5 22:41:47 2009] : Fenton: ooc the monsters into this cahamber??
[Tue May 5 22:42:06 2009] : Fenton: ooc you'd think that of all words I could spell chamber!
[Tue May 5 22:42:15 2009] : Ennil: ooc LOL
[Tue May 5 22:42:23 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 5 22:42:28 2009] : Murle: ooc lol
[Tue May 5 22:42:40 2009] : Murle: ooc that the posh way to say it
[Tue May 5 22:44:01 2009] : DM: As you've been discussing your options and experimenting you notice that the dead flesh on the dying man has been affecting more and more of the previously healthy tissue.
[Tue May 5 22:44:44 2009] : Julia Libra: "He seems to be dying rapidly. Is there nothing we can do?"
[Tue May 5 22:44:49 2009] : Murle: "Do you think this guy is going to turn into one of those this we just fought?"
[Tue May 5 22:44:59 2009] : Murle: ooc ...things we just...
[Tue May 5 22:45:05 2009] : Fenton: "Maybe"
[Tue May 5 22:45:18 2009] : Fenton: "Or whatever is in the next chamber"
[Tue May 5 22:46:39 2009] : Murle: "No time like the present"
[Tue May 5 22:46:53 2009] : Julia Libra: "So I go on and try to have them follow me out?"
[Tue May 5 22:47:08 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia advances to the chamber, sword in hand
[Tue May 5 22:47:15 2009] : Murle: "Try and get them to come into the area that lights up"
[Tue May 5 22:47:27 2009] : Murle: Murle readies himself
[Tue May 5 22:47:36 2009] : Fenton: "I'll come too Julia"
[Tue May 5 22:47:51 2009] : Fenton: Fenton walks with Julia
[Tue May 5 22:48:12 2009] : Julia Libra: "Just don't scare the away if we want them to come into the light"
[Tue May 5 22:48:20 2009] : Julia Libra: them
[Tue May 5 22:48:37 2009] : DM: The spirits become visible as Julias presence awakens their hungry, they're thin, whispy black tendrils with a value humanoid shape, thin arms reach out and touch Julia.
[Tue May 5 22:49:01 2009] : Fenton: "I planned to pretend to try to turn them"
[Tue May 5 22:49:24 2009] : DM: What are you going to do, Julia.
[Tue May 5 22:49:49 2009] : DM: Anyone else doing anything?
[Tue May 5 22:49:51 2009] : Fenton: ooc how far dis she walk, I intended to move closer to see what they did
[Tue May 5 22:49:54 2009] : Julia Libra: "They make me feel cold"
[Tue May 5 22:50:17 2009] : Fenton: "Don't let them touch you"
[Tue May 5 22:50:21 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue May 5 22:50:26 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia retreats, walking backwards towards the entrance
[Tue May 5 22:50:44 2009] : Julia Libra: "My arm, it's feeling numb"
[Tue May 5 22:50:49 2009] : Julia Libra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue May 5 22:50:51 2009] : Ennil: ooc getting closer to the light area, butnot into it
[Tue May 5 22:51:12 2009] : Murle: Murle casts his dancing lights at the crystal
[Tue May 5 22:51:21 2009] : DM: The spirits follow reaching out with their arms. They stop when Julia exits the chamber and they fade.
[Tue May 5 22:51:49 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia returns to the chamber, just barely entering it
[Tue May 5 22:52:01 2009] : Fenton: ooc I'm confused... is the chamber beyond the crystal?
[Tue May 5 22:52:04 2009] : DM: The light blazes from the crystal and again the spirits retreat from the light.
[Tue May 5 22:52:09 2009] : Murle: ooc I didn't realised she was coming back out
[Tue May 5 22:52:28 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Didn't even know I was in until the DM told me ;)
[Tue May 5 22:53:03 2009] : Julia Libra: "They're fleeing from the light again"
[Tue May 5 22:53:07 2009] : Ennil: ok, we need minis!
[Tue May 5 22:53:12 2009] : Ennil: ooc oops ooc
[Tue May 5 22:53:13 2009] : DM: ooc ah. Sorry. I misread. I though you advanced into the chamber.
[Tue May 5 22:53:32 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia comes out again and looks at her arm where she was touched
[Tue May 5 22:53:44 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc np, I was going in anyway
[Tue May 5 22:54:36 2009] : DM: The skin is pale and gray and numb. You feel the numbness travelling up your arm and down towards your fingers.
[Tue May 5 22:54:43 2009] : Ennil: "There is still too much light for them to venture out, as I understand it"
[Tue May 5 22:54:44 2009] : Fenton: "So how do we get them into here?"
[Tue May 5 22:55:01 2009] : DM: You have been afflicted with whatever has striken the dying man.
[Tue May 5 22:55:02 2009] : Fenton: "Murle, maybe the light will help Julia's arm?"
[Tue May 5 22:55:22 2009] : Murle: "Good idea"
[Tue May 5 22:55:25 2009] : Fenton: ooc is he still alive?
[Tue May 5 22:55:34 2009] : DM: ooc Am I not explaining things right? The spirits are in the chamber with the crystal and the beam of light.
[Tue May 5 22:55:47 2009] : Fenton: "Shall we drag him in too?"
[Tue May 5 22:56:00 2009] : Ennil: ooc ok, can we stop and recap please? :)
[Tue May 5 22:56:05 2009] : Ennil: ooc I think there's much confusion.
[Tue May 5 22:56:06 2009] : Fenton: ooc err, I thought that we were in there and the spirits were beyond
[Tue May 5 22:56:19 2009] : Ennil: ooc /me thought like Craig
[Tue May 5 22:56:22 2009] : Julia Libra: "This looks and feels weird, guys, better avoid those creatures as best we can"
[Tue May 5 22:56:33 2009] : DM: The man is still alive, from the rate of decay you guess he might have another day before he's wholy consumed. It's likely he will be dead before then.
[Tue May 5 22:56:34 2009] : Murle: ooc I saw it as them were in the alcove-y bits top and bottom
[Tue May 5 22:56:59 2009] : Murle: ooc we're off to the left, crystal on the right
[Tue May 5 22:57:31 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I saw it as us being in the corridor from the stairs, but not being in the chamber in the middle
[Tue May 5 22:58:06 2009] : DM: ooc does that help?
[Tue May 5 22:58:15 2009] : Ennil: ooc YES!
[Tue May 5 22:58:31 2009] : Murle: oco thats kinda what I thought
[Tue May 5 22:58:46 2009] : Ennil: ooc ok so Julia has gone into the chamber a bit. Where did the thingies retreat to when the light went on?
[Tue May 5 22:58:50 2009] : Ennil: tooc to the sides?
[Tue May 5 22:58:52 2009] : DM: ooc I think I killed Craig's OpenRPG again, though.
[Tue May 5 22:59:18 2009] : DM: When the light was on they all retreated to the walls to the left and right.
[Tue May 5 22:59:19 2009] : Murle: ooc lol
[Tue May 5 23:00:19 2009] : Fenton (enter): 23:00
[Tue May 5 23:00:34 2009] : Fenton: Booting '(12) Fenton' from server...
[Tue May 5 23:00:35 2009] : Fenton (exit): 23:00
[Tue May 5 23:00:40 2009] : Fenton: ooc Aaargh!
[Tue May 5 23:00:54 2009] : Fenton: ooc really annoying that this only affects me!
[Tue May 5 23:01:02 2009] : Ennil: ooc ok, can we call it quits fro tonight and use the time to fix Craig's OpenRPG, so that next week (when I'm not here :/) we can play with minis?
[Tue May 5 23:01:13 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Now we know where we all are, we could continue without minis for a bit
[Tue May 5 23:01:13 2009] : Murle: ooc I sympathise after all the trouble I had
[Tue May 5 23:01:24 2009] : DM: GAME END