Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Apr 28 19:47:43 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Apr 28 19:49:56 2009] : DM: Last time I believe you were discussing carrying a message from Lady Liliya to the Lord in Kodyma.
[Tue Apr 28 19:50:20 2009] : Murle: ooc ah yes that was it
[Tue Apr 28 19:50:54 2009] : Fenton: ooc and bemoaning the fact that we were 25xp short of level 2 ;-)
[Tue Apr 28 19:50:58 2009] : DM: The mine has been secured from the crazy dwarf and with the men-at-arms back in the village it's likely to be secure from small goblinoid raids.
[Tue Apr 28 19:51:08 2009] : Murle: oo clol
[Tue Apr 28 19:51:57 2009] : Murle: ooc what time is it approximately?
[Tue Apr 28 19:52:58 2009] : DM: Late afternoon
[Tue Apr 28 19:53:57 2009] : Murle: "So what do you say to us delivering this letter?"
[Tue Apr 28 19:54:31 2009] : Julia Libra: "We could do. It's not like there is a lot to see here, except the harbour and mine"
[Tue Apr 28 19:54:50 2009] : Julia Libra: "And I've seen enough of those to last me"
[Tue Apr 28 19:55:49 2009] : Fenton: "So do we take our newly acquired boat?"
[Tue Apr 28 19:56:05 2009] : Murle: "Does anyone know how to sail it?"
[Tue Apr 28 19:56:09 2009] : Julia Libra: "Who knows how to drive it?"
[Tue Apr 28 19:56:27 2009] : Ennil: "I can't sail for the life of me"
[Tue Apr 28 19:56:51 2009] : DM: ooc Hmm. No one with ranks in profession (sailor)?
[Tue Apr 28 19:57:07 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Not my char
[Tue Apr 28 19:57:07 2009] : Ennil: ooc nope. Bummer isn't it?
[Tue Apr 28 19:57:08 2009] : Fenton: "No, me neither"
[Tue Apr 28 19:57:39 2009] : Ennil: "I mean, I could probably do the right thing, given sound advice, but don't ask me to decide on a course or anything of the kind"
[Tue Apr 28 19:57:46 2009] : DM: ooc You are familar with the basics of sailing a small vessel in calm coastal waters.
[Tue Apr 28 19:58:05 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc OK
[Tue Apr 28 19:58:30 2009] : Ennil: "I've learned the parts of the boat"
[Tue Apr 28 19:58:31 2009] : Julia Libra: "As long as it doesn't storm or anything and we can follow the coastline we should be alright"
[Tue Apr 28 19:58:40 2009] : Ennil: "Sounds good to me"
[Tue Apr 28 19:58:45 2009] : DM: ooc I don't think that's too unrealistic, unless other people disagree.
[Tue Apr 28 19:58:50 2009] : Murle: "We may as well stay the night, and set off in the morning. That way we can get advice on the best course to take before going"
[Tue Apr 28 19:59:46 2009] : Fenton: "Good idea Murle"
[Tue Apr 28 19:59:47 2009] : Ennil: "Sounds good. I could do with some ale and rest before we set off for other crazy adventures"
[Tue Apr 28 19:59:48 2009] : Murle: ooc I'm sure we could figure it out with a little guidance from the grateful villagers :)
[Tue Apr 28 20:00:09 2009] : DM: Ale and rest can be found at the inn.
[Tue Apr 28 20:00:46 2009] : Julia Libra: "And setting of tomorrow should ensure night can't overtake us before we arrive"
[Tue Apr 28 20:00:47 2009] : DM: As can the local fisher men and women.
[Tue Apr 28 20:00:59 2009] : Fenton: Fenton sits and drinks while thinking what spells he should request in the morning
[Tue Apr 28 20:01:32 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia says a quick prayer to her god before eating and drinking
[Tue Apr 28 20:02:02 2009] : Murle: Murle entertains the villagers with a few tricks
[Tue Apr 28 20:03:40 2009] : Ennil: Ennil just enjoys the evening before going to bed
[Tue Apr 28 20:04:09 2009] : DM: The following morning starts gray and overcast with a light southwesterly breeze.
[Tue Apr 28 20:05:00 2009] : DM: The fishermen and women are out in the harbour preparing their fishing tackle and boats for another day on the Great River.
[Tue Apr 28 20:05:05 2009] : Murle: "This should be fun"
[Tue Apr 28 20:06:58 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia prays, practices and eats
[Tue Apr 28 20:07:02 2009] : Ennil: ooc why am I 125 XP short instead of 25 xp short?
[Tue Apr 28 20:07:16 2009] : Murle: ooc cos you can't count?
[Tue Apr 28 20:07:26 2009] : Ennil: ooc or I missed a fight or something.
[Tue Apr 28 20:07:39 2009] : DM: ooc everyone gets the same XP, regardless of whether then were there or not.
[Tue Apr 28 20:07:47 2009] : Ennil: ooc ok
[Tue Apr 28 20:08:29 2009] : Murle: Murle tries to look confident as he walks to the boat
[Tue Apr 28 20:08:33 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "You looking to set sail today?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:08:49 2009] : Murle: "That was the plan, aye"
[Tue Apr 28 20:08:53 2009] : Ennil: "yes"
[Tue Apr 28 20:09:14 2009] : Julia Libra: "Yes, we are"
[Tue Apr 28 20:09:18 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "Where you headed?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:09:54 2009] : Murle: "Kodyma."
[Tue Apr 28 20:11:38 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "The wind looks like it will pick up later today so keep to the lee of the island or you risk ending up on the rocks."
[Tue Apr 28 20:12:32 2009] : Murle: "Thank you. None of us are experienced sailors"
[Tue Apr 28 20:13:20 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia giggles as she tries to think of herself as an experienced sailor
[Tue Apr 28 20:13:28 2009] : Julia Libra: "You're right about that"
[Tue Apr 28 20:13:29 2009] : Ennil: well what's your quetion
[Tue Apr 28 20:13:35 2009] : Ennil: ooc oops
[Tue Apr 28 20:14:08 2009] : Ennil: ooc what's lee?
[Tue Apr 28 20:14:27 2009] : Fisherman Taras: ooc ask the sailor and he'll explain.
[Tue Apr 28 20:14:46 2009] : Fenton: "Umm, forgive my ignorance..."
[Tue Apr 28 20:14:59 2009] : Fenton: "What do you mean by the lee of the rocks?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:15:12 2009] : Fenton: "Or island"
[Tue Apr 28 20:15:35 2009] : Ennil: "The lee?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:15:42 2009] : Ennil: "Yes, you've confused me"
[Tue Apr 28 20:15:49 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "Ah, you really are green aren't you. Leeward is the side of the island away from the wind and windward is the side facing the wind."
[Tue Apr 28 20:16:16 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "So what you need to do is sail west, keeping the island to starboard."
[Tue Apr 28 20:16:32 2009] : Julia Libra: "So make sure we're not blown onto the rocks, got you"
[Tue Apr 28 20:16:40 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "Aye"
[Tue Apr 28 20:18:03 2009] : Julia Libra: "We should be able to remember that"
[Tue Apr 28 20:18:13 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "I best get back to work. These fish won't catch themselves."
[Tue Apr 28 20:18:13 2009] : Fenton: "Umm, starboard?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:18:40 2009] : Fisherman Taras: "Righthand side, lad. And port is your left."
[Tue Apr 28 20:19:02 2009] : Murle: Murle smiles and lets the others ask the questions
[Tue Apr 28 20:19:18 2009] : Ennil: "Oh I knew that one"
[Tue Apr 28 20:20:31 2009] : Fisherman Taras: One of the men-at-arms arrives and hands you a sealed message tube. "Here's the message for Lord Petro Mikhailo."
[Tue Apr 28 20:21:14 2009] : Murle: Murle tucks it away
[Tue Apr 28 20:21:25 2009] : Murle: "Thank you."
[Tue Apr 28 20:22:52 2009] : DM: The trip is about 20 km and should take around 4 hours of sailing.
[Tue Apr 28 20:23:44 2009] : Julia Libra: "Let's get started"
[Tue Apr 28 20:24:06 2009] : Ennil: "Sounds good"
[Tue Apr 28 20:24:11 2009] : Fenton: "Well, let's go. if the wind is going to pick up, we best make the most of the easier weather"
[Tue Apr 28 20:24:26 2009] : Ennil: Ennil packs her things and gets ready
[Tue Apr 28 20:24:47 2009] : Murle: Murle jumps aboard
[Tue Apr 28 20:25:15 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia boards
[Tue Apr 28 20:25:49 2009] : Fenton: Fenton hops in
[Tue Apr 28 20:26:01 2009] : DM: You push off out of the harbour with the oars and then with a bit of trail and error you set up the sail and head out across the calm waters of the inland sea.
[Tue Apr 28 20:27:09 2009] : DM: You make good progress following the forested coastline of the island.
[Tue Apr 28 20:28:12 2009] : DM: About half way there you start to see dark gray clouds gathering and the breeze picks up.
[Tue Apr 28 20:28:16 2009] : DM: Survival rolls.
[Tue Apr 28 20:28:30 2009] : Murle: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [17,0] = (17)
[Tue Apr 28 20:28:32 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia watches the coast when she's not busy with the boat
[Tue Apr 28 20:28:36 2009] : Julia Libra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Apr 28 20:28:48 2009] : Ennil: Survival Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [4,-1] = (3)
[Tue Apr 28 20:29:48 2009] : Fenton: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Tue Apr 28 20:30:55 2009] : Murle: "Uh guys, I dont like the look of this"
[Tue Apr 28 20:31:25 2009] : Murle: "Looks like a storm. Maybe we should head for shore"
[Tue Apr 28 20:31:47 2009] : Fenton: "If you say so Murle"
[Tue Apr 28 20:31:48 2009] : Ennil: "I'm not feeling very well, I guess that is a good idea"
[Tue Apr 28 20:32:05 2009] : Ennil: "I'm just not tailored for sea"
[Tue Apr 28 20:32:14 2009] : Murle: "Mind you, I've no idea what to do once we get there"
[Tue Apr 28 20:32:37 2009] : DM: ooc you're going to head for shore and then...?
[Tue Apr 28 20:32:45 2009] : Julia Libra: "Wouldn't the wind just get us there more quickly?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:33:11 2009] : Fenton: ooc how rocky is the shore?
[Tue Apr 28 20:33:11 2009] : Murle: ooc look for somewhere to beach or something
[Tue Apr 28 20:33:38 2009] : DM: The shoreline here is a mix of rocky clifs and pebbled coves.
[Tue Apr 28 20:34:06 2009] : Murle: "It might Julia, if we knew what we were doing, but we dont. I think we're more likely to get blown over"
[Tue Apr 28 20:34:26 2009] : Murle: "Head for one of those coves. It might give some shelter"
[Tue Apr 28 20:34:51 2009] : Julia Libra: "If you say so"
[Tue Apr 28 20:34:58 2009] : DM: You turn the small boat and head for shore, spying a likely cove you beach the ship.
[Tue Apr 28 20:35:14 2009] : Fenton: "Let's pull it out of the water"
[Tue Apr 28 20:35:31 2009] : Fenton: ooc what shore is this? The island we were just on still?
[Tue Apr 28 20:35:44 2009] : DM: ooc yes, the northern shore of Yuzne.
[Tue Apr 28 20:35:54 2009] : Murle: Murle grabs one of the mooring ropes and looks for something sturdy to tie it to
[Tue Apr 28 20:36:06 2009] : DM: ooc you're basically sailing from one end of the long island to the other.
[Tue Apr 28 20:36:48 2009] : DM: There's a handy tree
[Tue Apr 28 20:36:54 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia gets a rope and starts pulling
[Tue Apr 28 20:37:19 2009] : Murle: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Apr 28 20:37:30 2009] : Julia Libra: Str check: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Apr 28 20:37:33 2009] : Ennil: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Apr 28 20:37:43 2009] : Murle: Murle makes a bit of a pigs ear of tieing up
[Tue Apr 28 20:37:52 2009] : Julia Libra: Trying to get the boat as far up the shore as possible
[Tue Apr 28 20:38:43 2009] : Murle: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 28 20:38:53 2009] : DM: You haul the boat out of the water and secure it to the tree. That's when you notice a narrow cave entrace.
[Tue Apr 28 20:38:57 2009] : Fenton: "I know nothing of coastlines. Do you think that we are safe here?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:40:22 2009] : Ennil: "I don't know, but we can just scout around a bit"
[Tue Apr 28 20:40:26 2009] : Ennil: ooc ouch, map
[Tue Apr 28 20:40:37 2009] : Julia Libra: "At least we're not likely to drown here, since we're above the water. But what could be in that cave?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:40:37 2009] : Ennil: ooc no good :D
[Tue Apr 28 20:41:40 2009] : Fenton: "Let's take a look"
[Tue Apr 28 20:41:50 2009] : DM: ooc what's wrong with the map?
[Tue Apr 28 20:42:10 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia takes her bow in her hand as she proceeds towards the cave
[Tue Apr 28 20:42:13 2009] : Murle: "May as well have a look round before the storm hits."
[Tue Apr 28 20:42:52 2009] : Murle: ooc so who is MurleFentonia?
[Tue Apr 28 20:43:35 2009] : Ennil: ooc nothing is wrong with the map. But the fact that there is a map means trouble.
[Tue Apr 28 20:44:17 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 28 20:44:22 2009] : DM: The cave is sandy and dry underfoot and dark.
[Tue Apr 28 20:44:24 2009] : DM: Spot checks
[Tue Apr 28 20:44:28 2009] : Fenton: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Apr 28 20:44:39 2009] : Murle: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Apr 28 20:45:27 2009] : Julia Libra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [11,-2] = (9)
[Tue Apr 28 20:45:56 2009] : Fenton: ooc I spot XP - level 2 here we come
[Tue Apr 28 20:45:59 2009] : Ennil: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Apr 28 20:46:07 2009] : Murle: ooc -2?? are you wearing sunglasses?
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:15 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Not too wise, I can see fine but the interpretation is a bit shite
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:32 2009] : DM: Fenton spots a small gray skinned and long limbed creature lurking on a ledge on the side of the cave. It realizes it's been spotted and bares it's toothy mouth and hisses threateningly.
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:36 2009] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:45 2009] : Murle: Initiative Murle: [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:48 2009] : Fenton: ooc bit of a drawack in a paladin no? No spells for you madam
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:52 2009] : DM: [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22)
[Tue Apr 28 20:47:58 2009] : Julia Libra: Initiative [1d20+1] => [9,1] = (10)
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:10 2009] : Fenton: Fenton Initiative: [1d20] => [13] = (13)
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:26 2009] : Fenton: "What's that thing?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:34 2009] : Fenton: Fenton points to it
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:35 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc People did tell me I've got to mature a lot
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:37 2009] : Ennil: Initiative: [1d20+2] => [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:43 2009] : DM: ooc knowledge: dungeoneering
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:51 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia stares at the creature
[Tue Apr 28 20:48:51 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Apr 28 20:49:03 2009] : Julia Libra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Apr 28 20:49:10 2009] : Ennil: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Apr 28 20:49:22 2009] : Fenton: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Apr 28 20:50:52 2009] : Julia Libra: "A choker"
[Tue Apr 28 20:51:05 2009] : Fenton: "What's one of them?"
[Tue Apr 28 20:51:53 2009] : Julia Libra: "An underground living predator, it pounces on its pray."
[Tue Apr 28 20:51:57 2009] : Murle: "I'm guessing you dont want one round your neck"
[Tue Apr 28 20:51:59 2009] : DM: The choker scutttles along the ledge and ducks behind a out cropping rock.
[Tue Apr 28 20:52:07 2009] : Julia Libra: "Better kill it before it tries to eat us."
[Tue Apr 28 20:52:11 2009] : DM: [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14)
[Tue Apr 28 20:52:39 2009] : DM: Ennil, the choker is out of sight, hiding behind a rock.
[Tue Apr 28 20:53:51 2009] : Ennil: delaying action
[Tue Apr 28 20:54:06 2009] : Ennil: waiting fo the others to move in.
[Tue Apr 28 20:54:09 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue Apr 28 20:54:35 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Bless: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear. (Range: Caster and all allies within a 50 ft. burst centered on caster; Duration: 1 min.)
[Tue Apr 28 20:54:54 2009] : DM: Spot check
[Tue Apr 28 20:55:04 2009] : Fenton: Move in drawing my sword
[Tue Apr 28 20:55:09 2009] : Fenton: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Apr 28 20:55:25 2009] : DM: You spot the sneaky creature crouched behind the rock.
[Tue Apr 28 20:55:40 2009] : Fenton: "There he is!"
[Tue Apr 28 20:55:43 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue Apr 28 20:55:49 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue Apr 28 20:56:31 2009] : Murle: Move in and try to spot it, then shoot if I do
[Tue Apr 28 20:56:51 2009] : Murle: can I even see it from there?
[Tue Apr 28 20:56:55 2009] : DM: You'll need to move forwards 4 more squares to try and spot it.
[Tue Apr 28 20:58:26 2009] : Murle: ok. instead... ready an action for it coming into view.
[Tue Apr 28 20:58:28 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue Apr 28 20:58:56 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue Apr 28 20:59:13 2009] : Julia Libra: Moving forward and shooting at it if I can see it
[Tue Apr 28 20:59:27 2009] : Julia Libra: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Apr 28 20:59:28 2009] : DM: One more square forwards.
[Tue Apr 28 20:59:44 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue Apr 28 20:59:54 2009] : DM: Spot check
[Tue Apr 28 21:00:42 2009] : Julia Libra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [6,-2] = (4)
[Tue Apr 28 21:00:56 2009] : DM: You move forwards but you don't see the creature.
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:00 2009] : Julia Libra: I guess I never fired that arrow then
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:14 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:17 2009] : Ennil: Move in draw my sword on Fenton's cry. Try to make out the beast.
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:21 2009] : Ennil: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:29 2009] : Julia Libra: "Are you sure it's there?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:39 2009] : DM: You spot it crouching 6 ft up the wall.
[Tue Apr 28 21:01:53 2009] : DM: or you would if you moved forwards just a bit more.
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:02 2009] : Ennil: ooc I can't?
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:17 2009] : DM: ooc can't what?
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:18 2009] : Ennil: ooc moved 30 ft.
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:25 2009] : Ennil: ooc I already moved 30ft.
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:35 2009] : DM: ooc could do a double move
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:39 2009] : Fenton: "Yes, it's just well hidden. I guess this is something it uses to its advantage in attacking"
[Tue Apr 28 21:02:59 2009] : Ennil: Ennil, not seeing the beast, goes in further into the cave
[Tue Apr 28 21:03:10 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue Apr 28 21:03:11 2009] : DM: You spot it now.
[Tue Apr 28 21:03:44 2009] : DM: The choker leaps out and lashes out with a spine covered tentacle "paw" at Julia.
[Tue Apr 28 21:03:50 2009] : DM: Tentacle (base): [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d3+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Apr 28 21:03:55 2009] : DM: And misses.
[Tue Apr 28 21:04:00 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue Apr 28 21:04:25 2009] : Fenton: Fenton wastes no time in returning an attack
[Tue Apr 28 21:04:29 2009] : Julia Libra: "Ah, there you are"
[Tue Apr 28 21:04:36 2009] : Fenton: Sword, bastard (base): [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d10+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Apr 28 21:04:36 2009] : Murle: ooc crap, can't shoot at it cos you're all in the way
[Tue Apr 28 21:04:52 2009] : DM: ooc can shoot with a -4 penalty
[Tue Apr 28 21:05:05 2009] : Fenton: then takes a 5ft step
[Tue Apr 28 21:05:08 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue Apr 28 21:05:21 2009] : DM: ooc plus you could shoot while it lept. Murle, make that roll.
[Tue Apr 28 21:05:21 2009] : Murle: ooc ok, I'll do that. Always thought it was a bit unrealistic though
[Tue Apr 28 21:05:26 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] => [8,3] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Apr 28 21:05:50 2009] : DM: Murle's bolt skitters off the cave wall, shedding a few sparks.
[Tue Apr 28 21:06:12 2009] : DM: Murle? Your turn now.
[Tue Apr 28 21:06:57 2009] : Murle: Murle tries to pick out a spot to shoot
[Tue Apr 28 21:06:59 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Apr 28 21:07:33 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue Apr 28 21:07:46 2009] : DM: Since you're trying not to shoot Julia your shot bounces off the floor by the chokers feet.
[Tue Apr 28 21:07:51 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:14 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia drops her bow and draws her sword
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:15 2009] : Fenton: ooc +1 for bless?
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:24 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [6,5] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:33 2009] : DM: ooc not enough
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:39 2009] : DM: It dodges.
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:42 2009] : Julia Libra: And done
[Tue Apr 28 21:08:47 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:00 2009] : Julia Libra: "Stand still, you miserable creature"
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:07 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts a spell at the beast
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:10 2009] : DM: It hisses back.
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:21 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 01 - Magic Missile: 1 missile that does 1d4+1 damage => [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:30 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:41 2009] : DM: Magic sparks fly as the orb strikes.
[Tue Apr 28 21:09:57 2009] : DM: The choker lashes out with its two tentacles at Fenton
[Tue Apr 28 21:10:03 2009] : DM: Tentacle (base): [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d3+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Apr 28 21:10:03 2009] : DM: Tentacle (base): [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d3+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue Apr 28 21:10:17 2009] : Fenton: Fentonn collapses
[Tue Apr 28 21:11:13 2009] : DM: It's tentacles wrap around Fenton's bleeding body.
[Tue Apr 28 21:11:25 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue Apr 28 21:11:36 2009] : DM: ooc ITS dammit.
[Tue Apr 28 21:12:05 2009] : Fenton: [1d100] => [23] = (23)
[Tue Apr 28 21:12:09 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue Apr 28 21:12:13 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue Apr 28 21:12:30 2009] : Murle: Casts L1:: Sleep: 4HD of creatures in 10' radius sleep for 1min/lvl (DC15 Will negates)
[Tue Apr 28 21:12:56 2009] : DM: Will save: [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Apr 28 21:12:59 2009] : Murle: Aimed just past the creature
[Tue Apr 28 21:13:22 2009] : DM: The creature falls asleep, releasing Fenton's body from its spiny grasp.
[Tue Apr 28 21:13:33 2009] : Murle: "Kill it now!"
[Tue Apr 28 21:14:04 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc That should do it, we've got 10 rounds to finish it off
[Tue Apr 28 21:14:14 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue Apr 28 21:14:35 2009] : Murle: ooc I think thats the first of Murles spells that actually worked!
[Tue Apr 28 21:15:14 2009] : Murle: "Make it a good hit as it'll wake when you hit it"
[Tue Apr 28 21:15:33 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia lashes out at the choker
[Tue Apr 28 21:15:36 2009] : Julia Libra: Longsword (base): [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Apr 28 21:15:52 2009] : DM: Julia deals a killing blow.
[Tue Apr 28 21:15:56 2009] : Julia Libra: "Take that, piece of vermin"
[Tue Apr 28 21:15:58 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue Apr 28 21:16:21 2009] : DM: 150 XP each
[Tue Apr 28 21:16:36 2009] : Murle: ooc ker-ching :)
[Tue Apr 28 21:16:37 2009] : Fenton: ooc Ka-ching
[Tue Apr 28 21:16:44 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Ker-ching
[Tue Apr 28 21:16:44 2009] : Fenton: [1d8] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Apr 28 21:17:03 2009] : Ennil: ooc /me stops counting XP, since the others are doing it ;-)
[Tue Apr 28 21:17:09 2009] : Murle: ooc cop out!
[Tue Apr 28 21:17:22 2009] : DM: ooc you may like to track XP on the wiki.
[Tue Apr 28 21:17:35 2009] : Julia Libra: [1d10] => [10] = (10)
[Tue Apr 28 21:17:43 2009] : Murle: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Apr 28 21:17:52 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Not at all bad :D
[Tue Apr 28 21:18:17 2009] : Fenton: ooc if the others get more HP now, do I also - and therefore wake up?
[Tue Apr 28 21:18:18 2009] : Murle: ooc nice
[Tue Apr 28 21:18:33 2009] : DM: ooc yeah, go on Fenton.
[Tue Apr 28 21:18:34 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL@Fenton
[Tue Apr 28 21:18:53 2009] : Fenton: Fenton stirs as if slightly reinvigorated
[Tue Apr 28 21:18:59 2009] : Fenton: "Ouch"
[Tue Apr 28 21:19:27 2009] : Murle: "You ok? That was a nasty hit you took"
[Tue Apr 28 21:19:37 2009] : Julia Libra: "How are you, Fenton? You were hit hard."
[Tue Apr 28 21:19:58 2009] : Murle: ooc btw, you could've used a coup-de-grace on the choker since it was helpless
[Tue Apr 28 21:20:31 2009] : Fenton: "I'm badly wounded, but I felt as though Tyr reached out and reinvigorated me"
[Tue Apr 28 21:21:01 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Cure Light Wounds: Cures creature touched of [1d8+Fenton::Cleric] => 1d8+Fenton::Cleric damage (max. +5)
[Tue Apr 28 21:21:43 2009] : DM: ooc what's up with your spell node?
[Tue Apr 28 21:22:06 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Julia was getting a bit miffed and just felt like hitting it ;)
[Tue Apr 28 21:22:07 2009] : Fenton: ooc latest one is called "Fenton - level 2"
[Tue Apr 28 21:22:29 2009] : Fenton: ooc need to change it, but ORPG won't allow me to for some reason
[Tue Apr 28 21:23:35 2009] : Ennil: ooc pcgen has gone bezerk
[Tue Apr 28 21:23:36 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Cure Light Wounds: Cures creature touched of [1d8+2] => [3,2] = (5) damage (max. +5)
[Tue Apr 28 21:24:24 2009] : Ennil: [1d8] => [5] = (5)
[Tue Apr 28 21:26:43 2009] : DM: The cave is small and has obviously been used as a lair of the choker for some time, judging from the number of bones scattered about the floor.
[Tue Apr 28 21:27:11 2009] : Murle: ooc phone
[Tue Apr 28 21:29:42 2009] : Fenton: Fenton begins to look through the remains for any items
[Tue Apr 28 21:29:48 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia picks up her bow and starts looking around
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:02 2009] : Julia Libra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [3,-2] = (1)
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:10 2009] : DM: ooc search
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:10 2009] : Fenton: ooc take 20
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:15 2009] : Fenton: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:17 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Got to love my SPot rolls tonight :)
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:21 2009] : Fenton: ooc =22
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:22 2009] : Murle: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Apr 28 21:30:32 2009] : Murle: (taking 20)
[Tue Apr 28 21:31:29 2009] : Ennil: ooc be back in a few min.
[Tue Apr 28 21:32:55 2009] : DM: You find a few small items of gold and silver jewelery,
[Tue Apr 28 21:33:10 2009] : DM: Total valued to around 200 gold pieces.
[Tue Apr 28 21:33:51 2009] : Fenton: "I found some silver jewelry, anyone else found anything?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:34:40 2009] : Murle: "This thing has killed a few people in its time. I've got 200 gold pieces here"
[Tue Apr 28 21:34:54 2009] : Julia Libra: "Nope, it's way too dark for me here to see anything of interest."
[Tue Apr 28 21:36:13 2009] : DM: Outside you hear the rain beginning to fall.
[Tue Apr 28 21:36:36 2009] : Murle: "Sounds like the storm is here"
[Tue Apr 28 21:37:03 2009] : Fenton: ooc looks like gold jewelry to me Murle
[Tue Apr 28 21:37:26 2009] : Murle: ooc ahh, sorry completely misread that
[Tue Apr 28 21:37:42 2009] : Murle: ooc read both lines as one line
[Tue Apr 28 21:38:02 2009] : Fenton: "So, gold and silver trinkets"
[Tue Apr 28 21:38:20 2009] : Julia Libra: "Might as well stay in here until it stops raining. Should we put that out?" Julia points at the choker with her boot.
[Tue Apr 28 21:39:03 2009] : Murle: "It could attract scavangers if left outside"
[Tue Apr 28 21:39:29 2009] : Ennil: "it could"
[Tue Apr 28 21:39:44 2009] : Ennil: "I guess we can just sput it at the far end of the cave"
[Tue Apr 28 21:41:32 2009] : DM: The brief storm ends after a couple of hours and the clouds start to clear.
[Tue Apr 28 21:41:44 2009] : Fenton: ooc what time of day is it?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:41:54 2009] : DM: Early afternoon
[Tue Apr 28 21:42:01 2009] : Murle: "Shall we go and see how the boat held up?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:42:03 2009] : DM: about 1 o'clock
[Tue Apr 28 21:42:17 2009] : Fenton: "I'd rather not spend a night in a cave"
[Tue Apr 28 21:42:50 2009] : DM: The boat is fine
[Tue Apr 28 21:42:51 2009] : Murle: "Better than out in the open when a storm hits"
[Tue Apr 28 21:43:13 2009] : Julia Libra: "Are we fine to continue our journey?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:43:48 2009] : Murle: "Seems so"
[Tue Apr 28 21:43:54 2009] : Fenton has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Apr 28 21:44:27 2009] : Ennil: "I'll follow if you're up to it"
[Tue Apr 28 21:44:53 2009] : Ennil has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Apr 28 21:45:04 2009] : Julia Libra: "Let's go, I'd prefer not to spend the night here either."
[Tue Apr 28 21:45:51 2009] : Murle: Murle undoes his poor ropemanship
[Tue Apr 28 21:46:34 2009] : Fenton: Fenton helps push the boat back into the water then jumps in
[Tue Apr 28 21:46:58 2009] : DM: The rest of the journey is uneventful and two hours later you round the eastern point of the island and see the harbour and town of Kodyma.
[Tue Apr 28 21:47:02 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia gets helps pushing and then gets in herself
[Tue Apr 28 21:48:11 2009] : DM: Small trading and fishing ships ships make their way in and out of the habour, their pilots and crew cursing you good-naturedly as you inexpertly pilot your own ship in.
[Tue Apr 28 21:48:34 2009] : Julia Libra: "Hmm"
[Tue Apr 28 21:48:52 2009] : DM: You tie up at an empty quay and step out.
[Tue Apr 28 21:49:11 2009] : Murle: "That wasn't so bad"
[Tue Apr 28 21:49:27 2009] : DM: People and busy hauling their fish catches and mending nets and loading and unloading barrels and crates.
[Tue Apr 28 21:49:36 2009] : Fenton: "So where do we find the lord of this place?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:49:54 2009] : DM: Small children run about playing games of tick and hide and seek.
[Tue Apr 28 21:49:56 2009] : Julia Libra: "Ask around?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:50:45 2009] : Murle: ooc are people in the town happy and pleasant?? what kind of dnd adventure is this??
[Tue Apr 28 21:50:51 2009] : Ennil: Ennil approaches a couple of fishermen and asks
[Tue Apr 28 21:50:51 2009] : DM: Guarding the harbour is the small castle of the lord of Kodyma. Crenulated stone walls and four squat square towers at the four corners of the keep.
[Tue Apr 28 21:50:56 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 28 21:51:18 2009] : Ennil: "I don't mean to bother you, but we need to talk to the lord of this place, where shall we find him?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:51:46 2009] : DM: The fisherman point to the castle, "He's usually in the great hall", he says.
[Tue Apr 28 21:51:58 2009] : Ennil: "Thank you."
[Tue Apr 28 21:52:05 2009] : Ennil: "I guess it makes sense, in the castle there"
[Tue Apr 28 21:53:25 2009] : Fenton: "Well, we have amessage to deliver, shall we go then?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:53:30 2009] : Julia Libra: "We should have figured that out ourselves, I guess."
[Tue Apr 28 21:54:05 2009] : DM: You see the signs of a couple of inns and taverns along the waterfront and down a wide street you see the main market square, filled with stalls covered in brighly coloured canvas and selling all manner of food and wares, but mostly all sorts of fish.
[Tue Apr 28 21:54:50 2009] : DM: A blacksmith is at work, hammering away at a unusally shaped piece of metal. Presumably some ship related item you don't know.
[Tue Apr 28 21:55:27 2009] : Murle: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 28 21:55:37 2009] : Fenton: Fenton heads for the keep
[Tue Apr 28 21:56:20 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia looks around her as she follows Fenton, once again trying to look as dignified as she can
[Tue Apr 28 21:57:00 2009] : DM: The guards wave you in and you enter the great hall where the lord, a middle-aged man with graying hair and rather stout is seated at a table and busy scratching away with a pen on some papers.
[Tue Apr 28 21:58:10 2009] : Lord Petro: "Ah! vistors, come to save me from the boredom of accounts!", he exclaims loudly, pushing all his papers aside.
[Tue Apr 28 21:58:34 2009] : Murle: Murle waves the letter
[Tue Apr 28 21:59:02 2009] : Lord Petro: "A message? From who?"
[Tue Apr 28 21:59:46 2009] : Murle: ooc aw crap, I've forgotten their names!
[Tue Apr 28 21:59:55 2009] : Lord Petro: ooc Lady Lilya
[Tue Apr 28 22:00:08 2009] : Lord Petro: ooc Lady Liliya
[Tue Apr 28 22:00:33 2009] : Julia Libra: "Lady Liliya has sent this missive to you, to be delivered by our hands"
[Tue Apr 28 22:00:55 2009] : Lord Petro: Petro takes the message and reads it.
[Tue Apr 28 22:01:01 2009] : Murle: Murle approaches the Lord, letter outstretched
[Tue Apr 28 22:02:24 2009] : Lord Petro: "My thanks for delivering this", he hands over a careless bunch of coins (40 silver pieces). "I must deal with this goblin raiders once and for all, I can't have them raiding my villages."
[Tue Apr 28 22:03:03 2009] : Ennil: "Well. Maybe we can help?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:03:18 2009] : Fenton: "Ahem
[Tue Apr 28 22:03:37 2009] : Lord Petro: "This is a job for a fleet and soldiers I think. I shall have to call on my allies."
[Tue Apr 28 22:03:55 2009] : Julia Libra: "We took care of that last bunch of raiders, they won't be harassing the good people here any longer"
[Tue Apr 28 22:03:57 2009] : Fenton: "My lord, the coffers of Tyr do not overflow. 40 silver would see us ill equipped to deal with these goblins"
[Tue Apr 28 22:04:08 2009] : Lord Petro: "If you're looking for work, may I suggest the notice board in town?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:04:57 2009] : Lord Petro: "Merchants, traders and sometimes the local churches need assistance from a independant group such as yourselves."
[Tue Apr 28 22:06:06 2009] : Lord Petro: "Is there anything else? Because I really should get back to these accounts."
[Tue Apr 28 22:06:16 2009] : Fenton: Fenton looks pious
[Tue Apr 28 22:06:57 2009] : Fenton: But is currently not moving anywhere
[Tue Apr 28 22:07:00 2009] : Murle: "Perhaps we should leave the Lord to his bookeeping"
[Tue Apr 28 22:08:48 2009] : Lord Petro: Lord Petro picks up his pen, sighs and gets back to adding figures.
[Tue Apr 28 22:08:51 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia bows and turns to leave
[Tue Apr 28 22:08:52 2009] : Fenton: Fenton puts his 10 silver back on the table and turns away
[Tue Apr 28 22:09:08 2009] : Fenton: "We warpriests should starve on such payment as this"
[Tue Apr 28 22:09:15 2009] : Fenton: Fenton walks out
[Tue Apr 28 22:09:16 2009] : Julia Libra: "May Kraft grant you the strength to maintain the peace."
[Tue Apr 28 22:09:55 2009] : Lord Petro: ooc I reckon 10 silver pieces is ample reward to delivering a simple message.
[Tue Apr 28 22:10:14 2009] : Murle: Murle pockets his silver and takes Fentons too
[Tue Apr 28 22:10:33 2009] : Fenton: ooc fair enough, Fenton doesn't
[Tue Apr 28 22:11:06 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 28 22:11:10 2009] : Lord Petro: ooc that's fine
[Tue Apr 28 22:11:32 2009] : Fenton: ooc it only buys 2 day's trail rations
[Tue Apr 28 22:12:34 2009] : Lord Petro: ooc it was a four hour job for one person.
[Tue Apr 28 22:13:05 2009] : Ennil: ooc :D
[Tue Apr 28 22:13:32 2009] : Fenton: "Fenton tries to regain his composure"
[Tue Apr 28 22:13:33 2009] : Lord Petro: ooc you're not here to be a courier!
[Tue Apr 28 22:13:36 2009] : Fenton: ooc oops
[Tue Apr 28 22:13:48 2009] : Fenton: Fenton tries to regain his composure
[Tue Apr 28 22:13:53 2009] : Lord Petro: Where are you off to next?
[Tue Apr 28 22:14:11 2009] : Ennil: "I propose we go to the bulleting board, and then find the best Inn in town"
[Tue Apr 28 22:14:12 2009] : Murle: ooc notice board? :)
[Tue Apr 28 22:14:20 2009] : Ennil: "Before being off to pother adventures"
[Tue Apr 28 22:14:27 2009] : Ennil: ooc other
[Tue Apr 28 22:14:29 2009] : Ennil: ooc not pother
[Tue Apr 28 22:15:00 2009] : Fenton: "OK"
[Tue Apr 28 22:15:18 2009] : Julia Libra: "so where will all of you be going, after today?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:15:45 2009] : Murle: "I haven't really thought about it Julia"
[Tue Apr 28 22:16:15 2009] : DM: The notice board is covered in notes requesting help in all manner of tasks. Some are asking for troublesome beasts to be slain, others are asking for information or long lost items.
[Tue Apr 28 22:16:37 2009] : Fenton: "I will continue to do good and seek patronage to do so"
[Tue Apr 28 22:16:44 2009] : DM: There are protection and escort duties.
[Tue Apr 28 22:16:52 2009] : Murle: "Anything interesting up there?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:16:58 2009] : Fenton: "There is much evil in the world"
[Tue Apr 28 22:17:03 2009] : DM: ooc in short, if there's something you want to do, there's a notice for it.
[Tue Apr 28 22:17:14 2009] : DM: ooc just tell me what you're interested in.
[Tue Apr 28 22:17:16 2009] : Fenton: "I would be happy to continue with you folks in doing so though"
[Tue Apr 28 22:17:33 2009] : Julia Libra: "There are always innocent to protect and weak to defend"
[Tue Apr 28 22:17:38 2009] : Fenton: "Are there any tombs that need looking into?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:17:40 2009] : Julia Libra: (Or vice versa)
[Tue Apr 28 22:18:00 2009] : Fenton: "I have a hankering to rid the area of undead"
[Tue Apr 28 22:18:08 2009] : Ennil: ooc justice something. Protect the widow and the orphan
[Tue Apr 28 22:18:22 2009] : Julia Libra: "I plan to go where my Lord leads me"
[Tue Apr 28 22:18:41 2009] : Murle: "If there is money in it, I'm in"
[Tue Apr 28 22:19:07 2009] : Murle: "hmm, tombs usually have valuables stashed away, dont they?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:19:10 2009] : DM: One of the notices is from the local church, they need a group of adventures to quell a sudden rash of undead at an old churchyard outside of town. The notice promises excellent rates of pay and other benefits.
[Tue Apr 28 22:19:57 2009] : Fenton: "I have never understood the idea of burying the dead with valuables Murle"
[Tue Apr 28 22:20:31 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc The add that answers all our prayers
[Tue Apr 28 22:20:33 2009] : Murle: "Me neither."
[Tue Apr 28 22:20:37 2009] : Fenton: "I have no problem with those who find such things liberating them, so long as the dead are not disturbed to do it"
[Tue Apr 28 22:20:53 2009] : Fenton: "How about this one?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:21:13 2009] : Fenton: "Would the rest of you be interested in clearing a churchyard of undead?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:21:17 2009] : Julia Libra: "I have little need for riches, unless they can buy me the weapons I need to do my Lord's will."
[Tue Apr 28 22:21:34 2009] : Murle: "Beats sailing anyday"
[Tue Apr 28 22:21:52 2009] : Fenton: "It is part of my calling, and so I feel drawn to it"
[Tue Apr 28 22:21:56 2009] : Julia Libra: "If it protects innocents, I'll do just about any job."
[Tue Apr 28 22:22:32 2009] : Fenton: "So, shall we head to the church to take the job then?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:22:54 2009] : Murle: "Does it give directions?"
[Tue Apr 28 22:23:25 2009] : DM: The notice gives the name of the church and you easily find it.
[Tue Apr 28 22:23:27 2009] : DM: GAME END