Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Mar 31 19:27:51 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Mar 31 19:28:41 2009] : Murle: ooc I've been listening to some WotC 4e game session podcasts today. Very funny
[Tue Mar 31 19:29:14 2009] : DM: You've successfully defended the village from an orc and goblin raiding party and have learned that the lady of the manor and her men-at-arms has been delayed on her return from the silver mines.
[Tue Mar 31 19:29:32 2009] : DM: ooc although I realized today that volcanic rock is possibly not where silver is found.
[Tue Mar 31 19:29:54 2009] : Murle: ooc it is if you say it is
[Tue Mar 31 19:30:02 2009] : Ennil: ooc you're the DM
[Tue Mar 31 19:30:09 2009] : Ennil: ooc that's short for demiurge
[Tue Mar 31 19:30:19 2009] : Fenton: ooc sounds fine to me
[Tue Mar 31 19:30:39 2009] : Fenton: ooc it's brought up from the core in the magma
[Tue Mar 31 19:30:45 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc rule # 1 The DM is always right
[Tue Mar 31 19:31:07 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Rule # 2 If the DM is wrong, revert to rule # 1
[Tue Mar 31 19:31:32 2009] : DM: The road to the mines skirts the coastline before climbing up the slopes of the dormat volcano. It should take you about an hours walk.
[Tue Mar 31 19:32:42 2009] : Fenton: "We should head off. Any delay may have dire consequences for the lady"
[Tue Mar 31 19:33:12 2009] : Fenton: Fenton shoulders his pack
[Tue Mar 31 19:33:23 2009] : Julia Libra: "Or not, it might be that things are just taking longer than she expected. Her husband didn't seem too concerned"
[Tue Mar 31 19:33:58 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia gets her backpack, just in case, and follows Fenton
[Tue Mar 31 19:34:33 2009] : Murle: "No point delaying thought"
[Tue Mar 31 19:34:34 2009] : Ennil: Ennil shoulders her pack and is ready.
[Tue Mar 31 19:35:04 2009] : Murle: Murle sets off on the road
[Tue Mar 31 19:35:21 2009] : Fenton: Fenton follows Murle
[Tue Mar 31 19:36:24 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia follows Fenton
[Tue Mar 31 19:37:05 2009] : DM: You soon walk out of the sea fog and the small fields of crops around the village and into a sparse woodland of birch trees and rowan.
[Tue Mar 31 19:37:34 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc What kind of tree is a rowan anyway?
[Tue Mar 31 19:37:46 2009] : DM: ooc also called mountain ash
[Tue Mar 31 19:38:23 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Lijsterbes, Wiki tells me
[Tue Mar 31 19:38:46 2009] : Ennil: ooc have the french too?
[Tue Mar 31 19:38:49 2009] : Fenton: ooc ah, the old lijsterbes
[Tue Mar 31 19:38:54 2009] : DM: ooc the type of tree isn't that important.
[Tue Mar 31 19:39:29 2009] : Fenton: Fenton walks on unaware of the identity crisis of the trees
[Tue Mar 31 19:39:30 2009] : DM: Up ahead you see smoke rising about the tree and hear the sound of hammers.
[Tue Mar 31 19:39:34 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Maybe not, but I like to imagine what my char sees
[Tue Mar 31 19:40:15 2009] : DM: Then you see two people in chain shirts standing on the rough road.
[Tue Mar 31 19:41:06 2009] : Fenton: Fenton keeps walking towards them, with confidence in his step
[Tue Mar 31 19:41:39 2009] : Murle: Murle acts casual
[Tue Mar 31 19:41:47 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia puts her hand on her sword, but doesn't draw it
[Tue Mar 31 19:41:57 2009] : Ennil: ooc it helps to know the trees, just for "atmosphere" :P
[Tue Mar 31 19:42:20 2009] : Ennil: Ennil keeps slightly at the back of the party, observing around her
[Tue Mar 31 19:42:32 2009] : Murle: ooc trees, atmosphere, get it?
[Tue Mar 31 19:42:57 2009] : Andriy Symon: "Hold there", one of them says holding out a hand. "This is a restricted area."
[Tue Mar 31 19:43:19 2009] : Murle: "We're here at the request of the Lord of this Island"
[Tue Mar 31 19:43:26 2009] : Julia Libra: "Is there a problem?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:43:36 2009] : Andriy Symon: "On what business?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:44:19 2009] : Murle: "He asked us to convey a message to his lady wife"
[Tue Mar 31 19:44:32 2009] : Andriy Symon: "Very well, follow me."
[Tue Mar 31 19:44:54 2009] : Murle: "Thank you"
[Tue Mar 31 19:45:36 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia follows Andriy
[Tue Mar 31 19:45:45 2009] : Andriy Symon: Andriy leads the way into the small mining complex. Several people are at work. A small group crushing the ore with large hammers, others loading the crushed ore into the top of a small furnace and two people stoking the fire.
[Tue Mar 31 19:45:53 2009] : Julia Libra: "So, why is the lady late getting home?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:46:06 2009] : DM: In total, eight people are at work on the surface.
[Tue Mar 31 19:47:19 2009] : DM: Seated on the ground, in battered and blackened armour with bandaged leg outstretched is Lady Lilya Yakiv.
[Tue Mar 31 19:47:39 2009] : Ennil: ooc open air mine?
[Tue Mar 31 19:47:42 2009] : DM: Posted around the complex are the other 8 men- and women-at-arms.
[Tue Mar 31 19:48:05 2009] : Murle: Murle bows
[Tue Mar 31 19:48:23 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia follows Murle's example
[Tue Mar 31 19:48:29 2009] : Julia Libra: "My lady"
[Tue Mar 31 19:48:43 2009] : DM: A man hauls a small wheeled cart out of the mine entrance and tips the contents out near the crushers.
[Tue Mar 31 19:48:43 2009] : Fenton: Fenton bows
[Tue Mar 31 19:49:17 2009] : Murle: "My Lady, we come with greetings from your husband"
[Tue Mar 31 19:49:24 2009] : Ennil: Ennil, seeing her companions bow, sketches a bow.
[Tue Mar 31 19:49:31 2009] : Lilya: "Forgive me for not getting up," the lady says gesturing to her bandaged leg.
[Tue Mar 31 19:49:36 2009] : Murle: "It would appear that his concerns about your welfare are not unfounded"
[Tue Mar 31 19:49:36 2009] : Ennil: ooc that's a french word for : not really but quite enough of a bow.
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:22 2009] : Ennil: "Indeed".
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:29 2009] : Lilya: "Fedir sent you no doubt. I hope nothing has gone amiss in Kerch during our absence."
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:34 2009] : Fenton: Fenton takes a look at the leg
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:38 2009] : Fenton: "May I?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:52 2009] : Lilya: "You have some skills at healing?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:53 2009] : Julia Libra: "There were raiders, but we took care of them"
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:56 2009] : Murle: "Nothing that we couldn't handle my Lady"
[Tue Mar 31 19:50:59 2009] : Fenton: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16)
[Tue Mar 31 19:51:24 2009] : Lilya: "Raiders? Damn it. What rotten luck that they should strike while we're here."
[Tue Mar 31 19:51:50 2009] : Fenton: Fenton removes the bandages, takes a look, rubs in a salve, then bandages it up better
[Tue Mar 31 19:51:58 2009] : Murle: "Those ones in particular will not be bothering you again"
[Tue Mar 31 19:52:16 2009] : Lilya: "Thank you, for the leg and killing those bastard raiders."
[Tue Mar 31 19:52:45 2009] : Fenton: "Alas I have little in the way of divine healing remaining to me today. I took a fair hit from a raider"
[Tue Mar 31 19:52:59 2009] : Lilya: "I'll be fine thank you."
[Tue Mar 31 19:53:30 2009] : Lilya: "But as you can see we've had our own problems up here. Ah well. Nothing we can't handle though."
[Tue Mar 31 19:53:39 2009] : Julia Libra: "The only raider that lives is in custody now"
[Tue Mar 31 19:54:00 2009] : Murle: "Is there anything we can do to help?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:54:11 2009] : Julia Libra: "What kind of problems do you have here?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:54:41 2009] : Fenton: "Yes, your husband was concerned by you failure to return"
[Tue Mar 31 19:54:54 2009] : Lilya: "Are you truely interested in the problems of our small village and mine?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:55:04 2009] : Fenton: "How did you get burned?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:55:31 2009] : Murle: "Well if you'd rather we left..."
[Tue Mar 31 19:55:45 2009] : Fenton: "As a priest of Tyr I certainly am, and my colleagues seem to be also"
[Tue Mar 31 19:56:02 2009] : Lilya: "Very well, let me start from the beginning."
[Tue Mar 31 19:56:13 2009] : Julia Libra: "We're here now, and if we can help it's the right thing to do"
[Tue Mar 31 19:56:33 2009] : Ennil: "If it can keep me from my...." Ennil stops in mid-sentence
[Tue Mar 31 19:56:43 2009] : Ennil: "Yes, I am interested too"
[Tue Mar 31 19:56:44 2009] : Lilya: "Some weeks ago the miners started reporting creatures roaming in the deeper tunnels.
[Tue Mar 31 19:57:55 2009] : Julia Libra: "Ye-es"
[Tue Mar 31 19:57:57 2009] : Lilya: "Their have been more reports and yesterday we went into the mines to investigate. There was an explosion in one of the deep tunnels and we were lucky to make it out alive."
[Tue Mar 31 19:58:47 2009] : Murle: "An explosion? Accidental?"
[Tue Mar 31 19:59:14 2009] : Lilya: "A pocket of firedamp I expect, unusal for a mine in these sorts of rocks but not unheard of."
[Tue Mar 31 19:59:51 2009] : Murle: "Hmmm, go on"
[Tue Mar 31 19:59:55 2009] : Lilya: "We were going to head back down the mine today but I think it best if I return with my soldiers in case of another raid."
[Tue Mar 31 20:00:33 2009] : Julia Libra: "Why would there be another raid today? Are there usually more than 1?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:00:36 2009] : Fenton: "Is this something urgent? Or would we be able to rest before entering?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:01:20 2009] : Lilya: "Whatever is down the mines hasn't harmed anyone yet. There is no great urgency."
[Tue Mar 31 20:01:54 2009] : Ennil: ooc what would be the knowledge roll for mines?
[Tue Mar 31 20:02:14 2009] : Lilya: "Raiders on the other hand are known to attacking in groups."
[Tue Mar 31 20:02:19 2009] : Julia Libra: "What happened to your leg?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:02:19 2009] : Lilya: ooc knowledge: engineering
[Tue Mar 31 20:02:31 2009] : Lilya: ooc or dungeonering
[Tue Mar 31 20:02:39 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Mar 31 20:04:15 2009] : Ennil: "Maybe, before you go, we could go down and assess the situation down there?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:04:36 2009] : Ennil: "You could then go back with a better idea of what might be happening"
[Tue Mar 31 20:04:43 2009] : Lilya: "Caught in the explosion."
[Tue Mar 31 20:05:04 2009] : Lilya: "That is a sound plan."
[Tue Mar 31 20:05:20 2009] : Murle: "Dangerous stuff, firedamp"
[Tue Mar 31 20:05:42 2009] : Fenton: "Surely the harbour is now undefended?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:05:55 2009] : Ennil: "Yes, dangerous"
[Tue Mar 31 20:07:13 2009] : Lilya: "Adriey, take 4 of the other and head down to the village."
[Tue Mar 31 20:07:35 2009] : Lilya: Andriy
[Tue Mar 31 20:07:57 2009] : Fenton: "I have no idea what firedamp is Murle, but I guess it burned lady Lilya"
[Tue Mar 31 20:08:14 2009] : Ennil: ooc ok, I didn't get if the "Caught in the explosion that is a a sound plan" was ironic or not. Did my character? :D
[Tue Mar 31 20:08:29 2009] : Murle: "Explosive gas, very hard to detect til it goes bang"
[Tue Mar 31 20:08:43 2009] : Ennil: "Basically, don't go into the mine with a candle"
[Tue Mar 31 20:08:50 2009] : Murle: "Exactly"
[Tue Mar 31 20:08:55 2009] : Ennil: "or anything which could ignite"
[Tue Mar 31 20:09:04 2009] : Lilya: ooc those two sentences are answers to two different people. The first was to Julia, the 2nd to Ennil
[Tue Mar 31 20:09:05 2009] : Julia Libra: "So how do you get to see anything?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:09:16 2009] : Ennil: ooc now I get it :)
[Tue Mar 31 20:09:32 2009] : Murle: "Are there any safety lamps that will not cause an explosion?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:10:29 2009] : Lilya: "Magical lamps are costly so we don't have any here."
[Tue Mar 31 20:10:31 2009] : Fenton: "I can cast a spell that lights without heat, but it only lasts 10 minnutes"
[Tue Mar 31 20:11:00 2009] : Ennil: "Well, there are different things to assess"
[Tue Mar 31 20:11:18 2009] : Ennil: "First if tehre is any firedamp left, second if the structure is sound enough to send people down again"
[Tue Mar 31 20:11:39 2009] : Fenton: "Other than that I have a bullseye lantern, but that uses a flame"
[Tue Mar 31 20:11:44 2009] : Murle: "I can also create light, but only for a minute or so"
[Tue Mar 31 20:12:24 2009] : Ennil: "and finally, try to find hints about what those creatures would be"
[Tue Mar 31 20:12:55 2009] : Fenton: "Is there any way to detect this firedamp?"!
[Tue Mar 31 20:13:30 2009] : Murle: "It's colourless and odourless"
[Tue Mar 31 20:13:36 2009] : Fenton: "Was there structural damage?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:13:38 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia tries to remember if she even ever heard of firedamp
[Tue Mar 31 20:13:42 2009] : Julia Libra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
[Tue Mar 31 20:14:10 2009] : Lilya: ooc did Fenton the cleric take a few engineering modules while at cleric college ;)
[Tue Mar 31 20:14:38 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Mar 31 20:15:23 2009] : Lilya: "I do not know if there was any structural damage but I suspect that there are unlikly to be further pockets of firedamp. It is, as I said, rare in these rocks."
[Tue Mar 31 20:15:41 2009] : Fenton: ooc no, but it's a basic question.
[Tue Mar 31 20:15:46 2009] : Murle: "Thats if it was actually firedamp"
[Tue Mar 31 20:15:56 2009] : Ennil: "And such an explosion would probably have taken it all down"
[Tue Mar 31 20:15:56 2009] : Fenton: "Did things start collapsing with the explosion?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:16:06 2009] : Ennil: "Exactly Murle"
[Tue Mar 31 20:16:12 2009] : Ennil: "that is...if"
[Tue Mar 31 20:16:30 2009] : Ennil: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Mar 31 20:16:41 2009] : Ennil: ooc na ja.
[Tue Mar 31 20:16:42 2009] : Fenton: "OK, I'd like to rest before we head inside"
[Tue Mar 31 20:16:55 2009] : Lilya: "There were no cave-ins but the props could be damaged to weakened."
[Tue Mar 31 20:17:09 2009] : Murle: "Agreed Fenton."
[Tue Mar 31 20:17:38 2009] : Julia Libra: "So let's be careful, I guess"
[Tue Mar 31 20:17:59 2009] : Fenton: Fenton unpacks his tent from his pack and looks for a place to site it
[Tue Mar 31 20:18:24 2009] : Ennil: "I could go and take a quick look. I know my way around beams and forces"
[Tue Mar 31 20:18:45 2009] : Ennil: "I won't go far in"
[Tue Mar 31 20:18:47 2009] : Lilya: "If you're not going down until tomorrow, I shall head down to the village. Good luck!"
[Tue Mar 31 20:19:18 2009] : DM: Lilya limps of down the road with the rest of her soldiers.
[Tue Mar 31 20:19:54 2009] : Julia Libra: "Shouldn't we escort her back?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:20:03 2009] : Fenton: "Is anyone else still hurt?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:20:23 2009] : Murle: "I think she'll be ok. Its not a long journey and she has an escort"
[Tue Mar 31 20:20:24 2009] : Fenton: "She has 8 people-at-arms with her"
[Tue Mar 31 20:20:31 2009] : DM: ooc she has 5 capable people with her.
[Tue Mar 31 20:21:00 2009] : Ennil: Ennil goes down a few meters in the mine, trying to look for any sign of structural problems
[Tue Mar 31 20:21:51 2009] : Ennil: Search Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [20,0] = (20)
[Tue Mar 31 20:21:59 2009] : Ennil: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Mar 31 20:21:59 2009] : DM: The entrance to the mine looks fine, Lilya did mention that the explosion happened in one of the deep tunnels.
[Tue Mar 31 20:22:21 2009] : Ennil: "Right, nothing that we could see at this level."
[Tue Mar 31 20:23:08 2009] : Ennil: "Fenton, how does your light spell work exactly?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:23:33 2009] : Ennil: "Can you make an object shine, or is that light around you?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:23:35 2009] : Fenton: "You cast it on an object and it glows"
[Tue Mar 31 20:23:43 2009] : Ennil: "I see. interesting."
[Tue Mar 31 20:23:53 2009] : DM: The interior of the mine is lit with small brass lanterns hanging from the pit props.
[Tue Mar 31 20:24:19 2009] : Ennil: "I am not all that tired myself, I guess we could take the time to scout a bit around here before we set camp?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:24:28 2009] : Ennil: "Are you sure you do not want to go down now?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:24:40 2009] : DM: ooc I have the monster manual open ;)
[Tue Mar 31 20:24:46 2009] : Ennil: ooc lol
[Tue Mar 31 20:24:54 2009] : Murle: ooc which page?
[Tue Mar 31 20:24:59 2009] : Ennil: ooc LOL
[Tue Mar 31 20:25:07 2009] : DM: ooc wait and see!
[Tue Mar 31 20:25:08 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc LOL
[Tue Mar 31 20:26:00 2009] : Fenton: "Ennil, you are welcome to go down, but having been severely damaged and having depleted all of my spells, I would prefer to go in at full strength"
[Tue Mar 31 20:27:28 2009] : Ennil: "I understand"
[Tue Mar 31 20:27:35 2009] : Ennil: "Im fine with looking around"
[Tue Mar 31 20:27:44 2009] : Murle: "I would like a look around, but I have only a few magic tricks still available "
[Tue Mar 31 20:27:45 2009] : Julia Libra: "So you think there really is something there, more than just firedamp?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:28:56 2009] : Fenton: "That seemed to be the reason why Lilya went in there in the first place Julia"
[Tue Mar 31 20:29:17 2009] : Murle: ooc are there any moles or similar in the mine?
[Tue Mar 31 20:29:34 2009] : DM: ooc the small burrowing rodents?
[Tue Mar 31 20:29:43 2009] : Murle: ooc yep
[Tue Mar 31 20:29:54 2009] : DM: ooc no.
[Tue Mar 31 20:29:55 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Or badgers or rabbits
[Tue Mar 31 20:30:00 2009] : Murle: ooc boo
[Tue Mar 31 20:30:10 2009] : DM: ooc it's too deep for normal creatures
[Tue Mar 31 20:31:02 2009] : Fenton: Fenton sets up his tent
[Tue Mar 31 20:31:12 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 0: : Cure Minor Wounds: Cures creature touched of 1 point of damage.
[Tue Mar 31 20:31:13 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 0: : Cure Minor Wounds: Cures creature touched of 1 point of damage.
[Tue Mar 31 20:31:14 2009] : Ennil: Ennil just walks around the mine for an hour or two
[Tue Mar 31 20:31:37 2009] : Ennil: Before she joins the other for dinner and the night
[Tue Mar 31 20:31:44 2009] : DM: ooc around the outside or inside?
[Tue Mar 31 20:32:01 2009] : Murle: ooc how far inside the mine are we now?
[Tue Mar 31 20:32:18 2009] : DM: ooc you're outside now.
[Tue Mar 31 20:32:49 2009] : Fenton: "A good night's rest should see me back to full strength"
[Tue Mar 31 20:33:00 2009] : Murle: ooc whats the weather like, as in if its going to be shitty night we may as well camp inside the mine a bit
[Tue Mar 31 20:33:11 2009] : Ennil: ooc sorry
[Tue Mar 31 20:33:18 2009] : Ennil: ooc around as in really around, outside.
[Tue Mar 31 20:33:37 2009] : DM: The weather is cool, overcast but not threatening rain.
[Tue Mar 31 20:33:50 2009] : Murle: ooc outside then
[Tue Mar 31 20:34:39 2009] : Murle: Murle gets his small tent out and pitches it alongside Fentons
[Tue Mar 31 20:35:36 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia just puts down her bedroll, she's not carrying a tent
[Tue Mar 31 20:35:59 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia just puts down her bedroll, she's not carrying a tent
[Tue Mar 31 20:36:04 2009] : Fenton: ooc does Ennil have pints and pints of oil to wander the mines for hours?
[Tue Mar 31 20:36:40 2009] : Ennil: ooc I'm NOT wandering the mines
[Tue Mar 31 20:36:53 2009] : Murle: ooc I'm sure the miners would have a decent supply
[Tue Mar 31 20:36:56 2009] : Ennil: ooc I am wandering OUTSIDE the mines.
[Tue Mar 31 20:37:28 2009] : Fenton: ooc /me shuts up
[Tue Mar 31 20:38:07 2009] : Fenton: Fenton eats some rations and beds down for the night
[Tue Mar 31 20:38:24 2009] : DM: All the mining supplies and the smal silver ingots produced by the mine and stored in a small locked wooden building, and kept under watch by the mining foreman.
[Tue Mar 31 20:39:02 2009] : Murle: "Should we have a watch rota, just in case?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:39:36 2009] : Fenton: ooc did some of the men-at-arms stay behind?
[Tue Mar 31 20:39:42 2009] : DM: ooc No
[Tue Mar 31 20:39:52 2009] : Fenton: "I guess so"
[Tue Mar 31 20:40:08 2009] : Fenton: "I have no preference"
[Tue Mar 31 20:40:21 2009] : Julia Libra: "Sounds wise, I guess"
[Tue Mar 31 20:40:39 2009] : Murle: "We're camping outside a mine with known disturbances. I think its a good idea"
[Tue Mar 31 20:41:59 2009] : DM: As the day draws to a close, the miners pack up and head down the road the village.
[Tue Mar 31 20:42:17 2009] : Murle: ooc including the foreman?
[Tue Mar 31 20:42:30 2009] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Mar 31 20:43:02 2009] : Julia Libra: "So much for guarding the silver"
[Tue Mar 31 20:43:20 2009] : DM: The silver from the day is loaded onto a cart and driven down to the village, where it will be stored in the harbour warehouse.
[Tue Mar 31 20:43:28 2009] : Fenton: ooc LOL
[Tue Mar 31 20:43:36 2009] : Murle: ooc lol
[Tue Mar 31 20:43:54 2009] : DM: ooc I was typing that before Julia's comment
[Tue Mar 31 20:44:08 2009] : Ennil: ooc I need a cig
[Tue Mar 31 20:44:11 2009] : Ennil: ooc can I have a cig?
[Tue Mar 31 20:44:15 2009] : Ennil: ooc before we blow up?
[Tue Mar 31 20:44:18 2009] : Ennil: ooc :D
[Tue Mar 31 20:44:23 2009] : Murle: ooc watch out for firedamp
[Tue Mar 31 20:44:56 2009] : DM: ooc would I blow you up on the second session?
[Tue Mar 31 20:45:08 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Julia never made that comment :P
[Tue Mar 31 20:45:43 2009] : Murle: ooc answering that question is just asking for trouble
[Tue Mar 31 20:46:46 2009] : DM: In the quiet of the night you hear the noises from the mines, faint chitterings and scurrying noises.
[Tue Mar 31 20:47:29 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Who's awake?
[Tue Mar 31 20:47:59 2009] : DM: The noises last all night so everyone hears them.
[Tue Mar 31 20:49:56 2009] : Fenton: When the morning arrives, Fenton discusses the chittering
[Tue Mar 31 20:50:22 2009] : Fenton: "I don't know if maybe we'd be better going in at night?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:50:29 2009] : Julia Libra: "Sounds like something is there"
[Tue Mar 31 20:50:41 2009] : Murle: "surely its always nigt in there
[Tue Mar 31 20:50:48 2009] : Murle: "Surely its always night in there"
[Tue Mar 31 20:51:05 2009] : Julia Libra: "And we need to be prepared before going in, right?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:51:08 2009] : Ennil: ooc back
[Tue Mar 31 20:51:27 2009] : DM: The chittering and scurrying can be heard until the miners start turning up and banging away with their hammers and picks.
[Tue Mar 31 20:51:29 2009] : Murle: "I'd rather go in when whatever it is isn't running around"
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:00 2009] : Murle: "Besides, we're ready now"
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:23 2009] : Fenton: "Do we think that the miners would allow us to go in while they take a break?"
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:30 2009] : Julia Libra: "Yes, as soon as I have prayed to my most kind and benevolent Lord"
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:39 2009] : Fenton: "OK, I suppose you are right Murle"
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:50 2009] : Murle: "Good idea. Maybe we could go in just before the break for lunch"
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:50 2009] : DM: The tunnel Lilya has suggested you investigate is not currently being worked.
[Tue Mar 31 20:53:58 2009] : Fenton: Fenton prayed at dawn
[Tue Mar 31 20:56:09 2009] : Ennil: ooc oh man, a bunch of scurrying rats.
[Tue Mar 31 20:57:28 2009] : DM: ooc maybe, maybe not
[Tue Mar 31 20:57:37 2009] : Ennil: ooc :P
[Tue Mar 31 20:57:42 2009] : Murle: ooc maybe just one big one
[Tue Mar 31 20:58:09 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I thought it still was dawn. Did we oversleep?
[Tue Mar 31 20:58:15 2009] : Ennil: "If you can light my sword, I can lead the way, at least to see if the tunnel won't collapse on us"
[Tue Mar 31 21:00:07 2009] : DM: ooc it is dawn, the miners and just starting work.
[Tue Mar 31 21:00:33 2009] : Fenton: "The light spell only lasts 10 minutes"
[Tue Mar 31 21:01:34 2009] : Fenton: "Are concerned about this firedamp?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:01:36 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc So it is no wonder I didn't pray yet, then
[Tue Mar 31 21:01:55 2009] : Murle: "Lets just stick with the oil lanterns. I dont think the firedamp is a problem"
[Tue Mar 31 21:02:13 2009] : Fenton: "Lady Lilya suggested it shouldn't be a problem"
[Tue Mar 31 21:04:00 2009] : Fenton: Fenton breaks camp, and puts his armour, backpack and shield on. He then lights his lantern holding it in his shield hand.
[Tue Mar 31 21:04:22 2009] : Fenton: "I am ready to enter"
[Tue Mar 31 21:04:35 2009] : Fenton: Fenton draws his sword
[Tue Mar 31 21:04:38 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia prepares a lantern as well and is ready to go
[Tue Mar 31 21:05:09 2009] : Murle: Murle tidies up and sets his stylish hat at an imposing angle
[Tue Mar 31 21:05:11 2009] : Murle: "Lets go"
[Tue Mar 31 21:05:56 2009] : Ennil: "No, I am concerned about the follow-up after the explosion"
[Tue Mar 31 21:06:18 2009] : Ennil: "An explosion can attack the structure in a way that would make it dangerous to even step into this mine"
[Tue Mar 31 21:06:59 2009] : Julia Libra: "We'd better look out then, and may our gods protect and aid us"
[Tue Mar 31 21:07:26 2009] : Fenton: ooc can a hat be set at an imposing angle??
[Tue Mar 31 21:07:45 2009] : Murle: ooc Murles can :P
[Tue Mar 31 21:08:56 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Mar 31 21:09:45 2009] : Fenton: "Well, nothing ventured..."
[Tue Mar 31 21:10:07 2009] : Fenton: Fenton shines his lantern into the void and starts into the mine
[Tue Mar 31 21:11:02 2009] : DM: As you desend deeper into the unworked tunnels the sounds of the people working is muffled and the chitterings and scurrying can be heard again.
[Tue Mar 31 21:11:16 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia follows, hand on sword, lantern held high
[Tue Mar 31 21:11:35 2009] : Ennil: Ennil examines the beams and étais of the mine
[Tue Mar 31 21:11:38 2009] : Ennil: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:11:44 2009] : Murle: Murle keeps to the back, crossbow ready
[Tue Mar 31 21:11:52 2009] : Ennil: ooc man, what a day for lame dice!
[Tue Mar 31 21:12:30 2009] : Ennil: "It looks ok to me"
[Tue Mar 31 21:12:33 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Could have been worse :-P
[Tue Mar 31 21:12:55 2009] : Ennil: "You can see here the traces of the explosion, but there does not seem to be any dangerous damage"
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:05 2009] : Ennil: Ennil points at scorched beams
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:08 2009] : Murle: Murle has borrowed a spare lamp (small) from the miners, just in case
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:17 2009] : Fenton: Fenton looks but sees nothing different
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:36 2009] : Ennil: [1d10] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:39 2009] : Ennil: Ennil holds her sword in front of her as she moves
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:44 2009] : DM: The noises are coming from the chamber ahead.
[Tue Mar 31 21:13:47 2009] : Ennil: ooc wrong mouse click
[Tue Mar 31 21:14:09 2009] : Murle: "Should I go look ahead?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:14:42 2009] : Julia Libra: "Are you sure that you would be safe, all alone?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:14:46 2009] : Fenton: "Might be a good idea Murle, if you can keep hidden"
[Tue Mar 31 21:15:12 2009] : Murle: "Ok"
[Tue Mar 31 21:15:32 2009] : Murle: Murle stows his crossbow and moves ahead carefully
[Tue Mar 31 21:15:48 2009] : Murle: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Mar 31 21:15:50 2009] : Murle: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:00 2009] : DM: Carrying a lantern? Or not?
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:09 2009] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:10 2009] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:10 2009] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:14 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [13,0] = (13)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:14 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [12,0] = (12)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:15 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [9,0] = (9)
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:31 2009] : Murle: ooc its completely dark down here?
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:35 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:53 2009] : DM: Although there is a faint red glow from up ahead.
[Tue Mar 31 21:16:57 2009] : Murle: I'll bring one, covered
[Tue Mar 31 21:17:38 2009] : Murle: ooc can't beleive I rolled a 1 on that :(
[Tue Mar 31 21:19:01 2009] : DM: Murle soundlessly creeps forwards until he peers inside the chamber. scurrying about inside and chittering to each other are three large beetles about 2 feet long each. They have red striped markings and a faintly glowing red tal.
[Tue Mar 31 21:19:12 2009] : DM: They don't appear to have spotted you.
[Tue Mar 31 21:19:31 2009] : Murle: Murle returns to the party
[Tue Mar 31 21:19:34 2009] : Murle: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Mar 31 21:19:35 2009] : Murle: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Mar 31 21:19:56 2009] : DM: You leave unnoticed.
[Tue Mar 31 21:20:09 2009] : DM: ooc knowledge: nature
[Tue Mar 31 21:20:23 2009] : Murle: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Mar 31 21:20:55 2009] : DM: You've not heard of these sorts of beetles before.
[Tue Mar 31 21:21:09 2009] : Murle: Murle describes the BIG beetles
[Tue Mar 31 21:21:35 2009] : Julia Libra: "Beetles? Like the inseckty bug kind?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:22:11 2009] : Murle: "Yep, but with faintly glowing tail, and big"
[Tue Mar 31 21:22:15 2009] : Fenton: "How big?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:22:37 2009] : Murle: Murle holds his hands about 2ft apart
[Tue Mar 31 21:23:42 2009] : Julia Libra: "That big, eh?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:23:51 2009] : Julia Libra: "How many of them?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:24:03 2009] : Fenton: "Ok, let me do some blessings before we go in"
[Tue Mar 31 21:24:05 2009] : Murle: "Three, spread out"
[Tue Mar 31 21:25:02 2009] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Mar 31 21:25:07 2009] : DM: [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Mar 31 21:25:12 2009] : Murle: Initiative Murle: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Tue Mar 31 21:25:33 2009] : Ennil: Initiative: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Mar 31 21:25:52 2009] : Julia Libra: Initiative [1d20+1] => [11,1] = (12)
[Tue Mar 31 21:25:53 2009] : Fenton: Fenton Initiative: [1d20] => [7] = (7)
[Tue Mar 31 21:26:09 2009] : Fenton: ooc I was going to buff before we charged in
[Tue Mar 31 21:26:17 2009] : Fenton: ooc otherwise why scout?
[Tue Mar 31 21:27:11 2009] : DM: ooc well that's up to everyone else whether they wait on their turn or charge in
[Tue Mar 31 21:27:18 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue Mar 31 21:27:43 2009] : Murle: wait
[Tue Mar 31 21:27:48 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue Mar 31 21:28:35 2009] : Julia Libra: Putting down my lantern and going up ahead, bow in hand, not going in yet
[Tue Mar 31 21:28:45 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue Mar 31 21:28:53 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Mar 31 21:28:54 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:28:55 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Mar 31 21:29:03 2009] : DM: ooc my beetles are blind!
[Tue Mar 31 21:29:09 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue Mar 31 21:29:09 2009] : Ennil: ooc cool :P
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:09 2009] : Ennil: Ennil waits for Fenton to cast whatever spell he was going to cast,
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:12 2009] : Ennil: delay action.
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:14 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:14 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:22 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Bless: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear. (Range: Caster and all allies within a 50 ft. burst centered on caster; Duration: 1 min.)
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:37 2009] : Fenton: Move up behind Julia
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:39 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue Mar 31 21:30:48 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue Mar 31 21:31:11 2009] : Murle: Move up behind the big guys and ready my crossbow
[Tue Mar 31 21:31:16 2009] : Murle: Move up behind the big guys and ready my crossbow
[Tue Mar 31 21:31:17 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue Mar 31 21:31:37 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue Mar 31 21:31:47 2009] : Ennil: Ennil advances into the tunnel.
[Tue Mar 31 21:32:08 2009] : Ennil: and into the cave
[Tue Mar 31 21:32:14 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue Mar 31 21:32:34 2009] : DM: The beetles spot you and their antennas start twitching.
[Tue Mar 31 21:32:43 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue Mar 31 21:32:47 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia moves up, takes position and aims her arrow at beetle #2
[Tue Mar 31 21:32:57 2009] : Julia Libra: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Mar 31 21:33:12 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Was that a hit? Was that a hit?
[Tue Mar 31 21:33:16 2009] : Julia Libra: Done
[Tue Mar 31 21:33:33 2009] : DM: Julia skewers the beetle, piercing the carapace and killing it instantly.
[Tue Mar 31 21:34:33 2009] : DM: The remainging beetles rush forwards and lift their tails and two small cones of flames enjulf Julia and Ennil
[Tue Mar 31 21:34:43 2009] : DM: Reflex saves
[Tue Mar 31 21:34:51 2009] : Julia Libra: Reflex save: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Mar 31 21:35:00 2009] : DM: Fire damage: [1d4] => [4] = (4), [1d4] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Mar 31 21:35:18 2009] : DM: Another reflex save
[Tue Mar 31 21:35:24 2009] : Julia Libra: Reflex save: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Mar 31 21:35:32 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc Why another?
[Tue Mar 31 21:35:34 2009] : Ennil: Reflex (+3 vs traps, improved evasion) save: [1d20+2] => [7,2] = (9)
[Tue Mar 31 21:35:48 2009] : DM: ooc two beetles
[Tue Mar 31 21:36:02 2009] : Ennil: ooc of course not the improved evasion, bad copy paste
[Tue Mar 31 21:36:06 2009] : Ennil: Reflex (+3 vs traps, improved evasion) save: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Tue Mar 31 21:36:18 2009] : DM: Julia, take 4 fire damage. Ennil, take 6.
[Tue Mar 31 21:36:28 2009] : Fenton: Umm, is Ennil a rogue?
[Tue Mar 31 21:36:33 2009] : Fenton: ooc
[Tue Mar 31 21:36:34 2009] : DM: Fenton?
[Tue Mar 31 21:37:12 2009] : Fenton: Fenton moves in and readies an attack if it comes closer
[Tue Mar 31 21:37:14 2009] : Fenton: Done
[Tue Mar 31 21:37:30 2009] : DM: Murle?
[Tue Mar 31 21:37:31 2009] : Julia Libra: ooc I thought there was 1 beetle on each of us, not 2 on both
[Tue Mar 31 21:37:33 2009] : Murle: Murle moves up and takes a shot at #3
[Tue Mar 31 21:37:40 2009] : Murle: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] => [8,3] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Mar 31 21:38:17 2009] : Murle: done
[Tue Mar 31 21:38:27 2009] : Fenton: ooc +1 to attack
[Tue Mar 31 21:38:27 2009] : DM: Your bolt is deflected by the hard carapace.
[Tue Mar 31 21:38:36 2009] : DM: Ennil?
[Tue Mar 31 21:39:15 2009] : Ennil: Ennil moves back into the tunnel
[Tue Mar 31 21:39:31 2009] : Ennil: and casts a spell
[Tue Mar 31 21:39:40 2009] : Ennil: Ennil casts...: 01 - Magic Missile: 1 missile that does 1d4+1 damage => [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:39:57 2009] : Ennil: on #3
[Tue Mar 31 21:39:58 2009] : Ennil: done.
[Tue Mar 31 21:40:29 2009] : DM: The beetle is struck by the missile and flips over it's 6 legs twitching for a moment before it lies still.
[Tue Mar 31 21:40:39 2009] : DM: Julia?
[Tue Mar 31 21:41:32 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia shoots an arrow at beetle #1
[Tue Mar 31 21:41:37 2009] : Julia Libra: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Mar 31 21:41:56 2009] : Julia Libra: Changing position slightly and done
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:06 2009] : DM: Julia kills the remaining beetle.
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:20 2009] : Fenton: "Humf"
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:24 2009] : Murle: "Nice arrows"
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:27 2009] : Julia Libra: "They really hurt me"
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:31 2009] : Ennil: "Ennil is badly scorched"
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:36 2009] : Fenton: "I never even got into position to hit it"
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:41 2009] : Ennil: Ennil is badly scorched
[Tue Mar 31 21:42:48 2009] : Julia Libra: Julia looks at the burn wounds on her legs
[Tue Mar 31 21:43:15 2009] : Murle: "Do you think it could have been these beaties that caused the explosion?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:43:24 2009] : Murle: ooc *beasties
[Tue Mar 31 21:43:30 2009] : Julia Libra: "They're dead and we live, thank you Kraft"
[Tue Mar 31 21:43:33 2009] : Fenton: ooc D'oh - scale mail isn't heavy armour!
[Tue Mar 31 21:43:42 2009] : Ennil: "Could very well have been Murle"
[Tue Mar 31 21:43:53 2009] : Julia Libra: "If there wes gas here and they used their fire, sure"
[Tue Mar 31 21:44:08 2009] : DM: 150 XP each
[Tue Mar 31 21:44:17 2009] : Fenton: "Let me look at your wounds"
[Tue Mar 31 21:44:31 2009] : Fenton: Fenton examines the two burn victims
[Tue Mar 31 21:44:40 2009] : Ennil: ooc how much xp did we get last week?
[Tue Mar 31 21:44:44 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Cure Light Wounds: Cures creature touched of [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5) damage (max. +5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:44:51 2009] : Fenton: Casts - Level 1: : Cure Light Wounds: Cures creature touched of [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9) damage (max. +5)
[Tue Mar 31 21:45:07 2009] : Fenton: on Julia, then Ennil
[Tue Mar 31 21:45:16 2009] : Murle: Murle has a walk around the cave, looking for anything unusual
[Tue Mar 31 21:45:29 2009] : Ennil: "Thanks Fenton, that is great"
[Tue Mar 31 21:45:46 2009] : DM: ooc last week you got 150 XP
[Tue Mar 31 21:45:49 2009] : Julia Libra: "Thank you, Fenton, that takes care of my burns just fine"
[Tue Mar 31 21:46:13 2009] : Fenton: "So hopefully this problem is solved"
[Tue Mar 31 21:46:20 2009] : DM: There are there curious things in the chamber towards the far wall.
[Tue Mar 31 21:46:40 2009] : Murle: "Hey, theres something over here"
[Tue Mar 31 21:46:48 2009] : Julia Libra: "What do you suppose those creatures were doing here?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:47:08 2009] : Ennil: "Where?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:47:09 2009] : DM: One is a medium sized wooden cage, the bars broken and scorched.
[Tue Mar 31 21:47:23 2009] : Murle: ooc brb
[Tue Mar 31 21:47:34 2009] : DM: There is a large, poorly made ceramic bowl, about 2 ft in diameter
[Tue Mar 31 21:47:51 2009] : DM: And a set of footprints in the dusty floor.
[Tue Mar 31 21:48:55 2009] : Fenton: "Do you think someone kept them as pets?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:49:21 2009] : Julia Libra: "Bloody dangerous pets"
[Tue Mar 31 21:49:25 2009] : DM: The cage is large enough to fit four of the beetles.
[Tue Mar 31 21:49:43 2009] : Ennil: "I can only second that"
[Tue Mar 31 21:49:49 2009] : Murle: ooc back
[Tue Mar 31 21:50:32 2009] : Murle: "So these things were brought here deliberately"
[Tue Mar 31 21:50:40 2009] : Fenton: "Where do the footprints lead?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:50:45 2009] : Julia Libra: "It might have been something I'd do, though"
[Tue Mar 31 21:51:05 2009] : Murle: "But why, Julia?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:51:20 2009] : DM: You can't tell where the foot prints lead because the rest of the chamber is all disturbed. Someone with the right skills might be able to identify the prints.
[Tue Mar 31 21:51:22 2009] : Ennil: "This cage could hold more than two of these things. It's quite voluminous"
[Tue Mar 31 21:51:34 2009] : Julia Libra: "Because I can, I guess. But not if I realise the possible harm beforehand"
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:04 2009] : Julia Libra: "We killed 3 of them. Do you think there might be more?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:05 2009] : Fenton: "I can't think of any good reason for bringing them into a mine"
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:16 2009] : Murle: Murle tries to follow the prints
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:19 2009] : Murle: Search Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19)
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:35 2009] : DM: ooc the right skill would be survival.
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:39 2009] : Murle: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:50 2009] : Murle: ooc are you sure its not search?
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:53 2009] : DM: You can't follow the prints.
[Tue Mar 31 21:52:56 2009] : Ennil: "Just like this, I would say this cage could hold 4 of them. Maybe five, but i doubt it, given the size of those"
[Tue Mar 31 21:53:18 2009] : DM: Murle stuide sthe prints but can't identify what made them.
[Tue Mar 31 21:53:40 2009] : Ennil: ooc is survival a trained skill?
[Tue Mar 31 21:53:51 2009] : Ennil: Survival Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [20,-1] = (19)
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:01 2009] : Ennil: ooc apparently not.
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:15 2009] : Fenton: "It's possible that there's another Julia, certainly the cage could hold another seemingly"
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:21 2009] : Ennil: "Oh look!"
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:26 2009] : Ennil: I think I recognize this print"
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:35 2009] : Fenton: "However, just because it is big enough to hold 4 does not mean that it did"
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:38 2009] : Ennil: "It looks like the goblins we killed earlier"
[Tue Mar 31 21:54:39 2009] : Julia Libra: "Where?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:55:02 2009] : Julia Libra: "Really? What would raiders be doing here?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:55:03 2009] : Ennil: Ennil points at a clear track somewhere in the room
[Tue Mar 31 21:55:06 2009] : Fenton: "Is that what they were?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:55:25 2009] : Ennil: "Yes, the smaller creatures"
[Tue Mar 31 21:56:17 2009] : Ennil: "Well, I am not even sure it's a goblin, but it really does look like the feet of one"
[Tue Mar 31 21:56:25 2009] : Ennil: "As to asking me what they were doing here"
[Tue Mar 31 21:56:44 2009] : Ennil: "I am no seer"
[Tue Mar 31 21:57:04 2009] : Julia Libra: "Just thinking out loud"
[Tue Mar 31 21:57:20 2009] : Ennil: "Maybe we could try and see if we find some more of those back down teh tunnel?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:57:25 2009] : Ennil: "and see where they lead?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:57:29 2009] : Julia Libra: "You never get to the answers of you don't ask the questions"
[Tue Mar 31 21:57:56 2009] : Fenton: "Perhaps other raiders landed elsewhere and came here?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:58:03 2009] : Ennil: "Sound stance, I find"
[Tue Mar 31 21:58:04 2009] : Murle: "Filthy Goblins"
[Tue Mar 31 21:58:21 2009] : Ennil: "Is there anything else in this room worth our staying here?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:58:32 2009] : Murle: "Well the mine isn't guarded at night, so there'd be nothing to stop them"
[Tue Mar 31 21:59:00 2009] : Ennil: "or should we move?"
[Tue Mar 31 21:59:30 2009] : Fenton: "Nothing that I can see, but it's not really my forte"
[Tue Mar 31 21:59:59 2009] : DM: ooc the third curious thing?
[Tue Mar 31 22:00:16 2009] : Julia Libra: "Let's see what more we can find out before reporting back. No use in leaving the job half-done"
[Tue Mar 31 22:00:31 2009] : Ennil: ooc we didn't pick up on it, cos you amde a typo
[Tue Mar 31 22:00:36 2009] : Ennil: ooc there instead of three :)
[Tue Mar 31 22:00:43 2009] : Ennil: "What's this thing here"
[Tue Mar 31 22:01:04 2009] : Ennil: Ennil points at the third curious thing
[Tue Mar 31 22:01:31 2009] : DM: A large poorly made ceramic bowl about 2 ft in diameter. Inside it's empty except for a few crystals stuck on the inside.
[Tue Mar 31 22:01:34 2009] : Fenton: "What is it?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:01:47 2009] : Ennil: ooc ah yes, I remember that
[Tue Mar 31 22:01:50 2009] : Murle: "Food bowl?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:04 2009] : Murle: "but what are those crystals?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:18 2009] : Julia Libra: "Hmm"
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:29 2009] : DM: ooc profession: alchemy?
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:38 2009] : Julia Libra: "Who or what would eat crystals"
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:38 2009] : Ennil: ooc , can you draw the three curious things' location?
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:48 2009] : DM: ooc craft: alchemy that is.
[Tue Mar 31 22:02:54 2009] : Fenton: ooc craft: Alchemy
[Tue Mar 31 22:03:13 2009] : Murle: Craft: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Mar 31 22:03:22 2009] : Fenton: "Who says it;s a feeding bowl?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:03:35 2009] : Murle: ooc gnome bonuses :)
[Tue Mar 31 22:05:13 2009] : Julia Libra: "That's what it looks like"
[Tue Mar 31 22:05:43 2009] : Murle: Murle has a sniff at the bowl
[Tue Mar 31 22:05:50 2009] : Fenton: "it just looks like a big bowl to me"
[Tue Mar 31 22:06:17 2009] : Fenton: "I wouldn't know what its used for"
[Tue Mar 31 22:06:34 2009] : Murle: "There was possibly something explosive in here"
[Tue Mar 31 22:06:44 2009] : Julia Libra: "Explosive?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:06:49 2009] : Murle: "looks like it evaporated"
[Tue Mar 31 22:07:01 2009] : Ennil: "Ha, that looks more like something that could have caused a big explosion"
[Tue Mar 31 22:07:11 2009] : Murle: "Thats what I'm thinking"
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:14 2009] : Ennil: "but..."
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:25 2009] : Murle: "Why?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:32 2009] : Ennil: "I guess this means that there is someone a little smarter than the goblins behind all this"
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:34 2009] : Ennil: "Or something"
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:50 2009] : Ennil: "Because... it's big?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:57 2009] : Murle: "Maybe they thought they could drive the miners out and steal some silver"
[Tue Mar 31 22:08:58 2009] : Fenton: "How smart are goblins?"!
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:15 2009] : Ennil: "They didn't look very smart to me"
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:17 2009] : Fenton: "I know nothing of them"
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:23 2009] : Ennil: "the orc seemed to be the chief"
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:26 2009] : Fenton: "Looks can be deceptive"
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:32 2009] : Ennil: "not that he looked much smarter"
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:42 2009] : Ennil: "You are right"
[Tue Mar 31 22:09:53 2009] : Fenton: "Still no sign of intelligence. He was maybe more of a bully, or a brute"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:04 2009] : Murle: "They're not too smart"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:16 2009] : Ennil: Ennil grins
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:19 2009] : Murle: ooc gnomes should know about goblins
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:19 2009] : Ennil: "See?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:27 2009] : Fenton: "Fair enough, but I know nothing of them"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:32 2009] : Ennil: "In any case, there is more than those beetles"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:36 2009] : Ennil: "Right?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:47 2009] : Julia Libra: "They weren't smart enough to run when they encountered us"
[Tue Mar 31 22:10:52 2009] : DM: Goblins can be cunning but they're not know for planning or intelligence.
[Tue Mar 31 22:11:21 2009] : Murle: "Maybe they wanted to lure the guards up here so they could raid the village easily"
[Tue Mar 31 22:11:38 2009] : Fenton: "Ask me about angels or demons or the undead and I may know a little more"
[Tue Mar 31 22:11:40 2009] : Murle: "but it seems too elaborate a plan for that"
[Tue Mar 31 22:11:53 2009] : Julia Libra: "Do we try and find out or are we just going to stand here and talk about it?"
[Tue Mar 31 22:11:55 2009] : Fenton: "But these beasts are not in my area of expertise"
[Tue Mar 31 22:12:08 2009] : DM: ooc it is a a bit supervillianesque this plan...
[Tue Mar 31 22:12:09 2009] : Murle: "Although if we hadn't been in the village there would have been little to stop them"
[Tue Mar 31 22:13:00 2009] : Fenton: "Indeed, you may have it Murle"
[Tue Mar 31 22:13:12 2009] : Ennil: "Right. But the villagers seemed to be used to this"
[Tue Mar 31 22:13:18 2009] : Fenton: "It certainly worked out that way, even if not planned"
[Tue Mar 31 22:14:00 2009] : Murle: "To the raids certainly, but they would be used to the protection of the guards"
[Tue Mar 31 22:14:25 2009] : DM: GAME END