Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Feb 24 20:31:30 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 24 20:31:57 2009] : DM: You climb the circular stairway, leaving the skitish furniture behind.
[Tue Feb 24 20:32:34 2009] : Adrin: Adrin looks around as if he has no idea how he got here
[Tue Feb 24 20:32:47 2009] : DM: The stairs end in a wooden door that's cracked and the paintwork is all discoloured and blistered.
[Tue Feb 24 20:33:01 2009] : DM: You here spells being cast from beyond the door.
[Tue Feb 24 20:33:09 2009] : DM: Roll initiative and spellcraft.
[Tue Feb 24 20:33:19 2009] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [12,10] = (22)
[Tue Feb 24 20:33:19 2009] : DM: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Feb 24 20:33:22 2009] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Feb 24 20:33:50 2009] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Feb 24 20:34:02 2009] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue Feb 24 20:34:10 2009] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Feb 24 20:34:50 2009] : DM: ooc spellcraft, Dan?
[Tue Feb 24 20:36:39 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [12,23] = (35)
[Tue Feb 24 20:36:48 2009] : Dan: ooc sorry, got called away
[Tue Feb 24 20:37:01 2009] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Feb 24 20:37:34 2009] : Dan: "Spellcasters are casting buffing spells - Endurance to be specific"
[Tue Feb 24 20:37:59 2009] : Aliatra: "Seems they expect to be attacked then. Shall we oblige them?"
[Tue Feb 24 20:37:59 2009] : Oona: Oona goes to the door and examines it
[Tue Feb 24 20:38:08 2009] : Dan: ooc is that Bear's endurance?
[Tue Feb 24 20:38:14 2009] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [20,17] = (37)
[Tue Feb 24 20:38:27 2009] : Oona: looking for trap, and examining the lock if it's locked.
[Tue Feb 24 20:39:26 2009] : DM: The door looks like it's been damaged by something smashing into it from the other side. The damage to the paintwork looks like it's been affected by great heat. There are no traps and the door has no lock.
[Tue Feb 24 20:39:47 2009] : DM: ooc yes, Bear's endurance.
[Tue Feb 24 20:39:57 2009] : Oona: Oona moves to the side of the door (on the side of the opening)
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:01 2009] : Oona: "It's all yours"
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:03 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:11 2009] : Oona: She draws her weapons.
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:13 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:23 2009] : DM: ooc sorry for jumping the gun there.
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:26 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:48 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra draws her sword before swinging the door open
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:55 2009] : Oona: ooc np
[Tue Feb 24 20:40:56 2009] : Aliatra: What do I see?
[Tue Feb 24 20:41:03 2009] : DM: The door is stuck and needs a good hard shove to open. Str check.
[Tue Feb 24 20:41:46 2009] : Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Tue Feb 24 20:42:30 2009] : DM: The jammed door opens suddenly as you heave against it. It swings out into a large round chamber.
[Tue Feb 24 20:43:12 2009] : DM: The stone walls a scorched and blacked and piles of grey dust a scattered about the room.
[Tue Feb 24 20:43:47 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Looks like somebody needs a good housekeeper
[Tue Feb 24 20:44:07 2009] : DM: A burnt and broken staircase acends round the edge of the room. The stairway is too damaged to walk up, but could be climbed.
[Tue Feb 24 20:44:24 2009] : DM: You cannot see the other half of the room from where you are.
[Tue Feb 24 20:45:01 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks in, sword in hand, not attacking
[Tue Feb 24 20:45:14 2009] : DM: ooc move your mini to where you're walking.
[Tue Feb 24 20:45:16 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 24 20:45:44 2009] : Aliatra: ooc From where I'm sitting I did move it
[Tue Feb 24 20:45:54 2009] : DM: You see a mostly intact walkway on the other side of the room. Standing on it are two humanoid creatures looking somewhat like tigers.
[Tue Feb 24 20:46:07 2009] : DM: ooc Knowledge: planes
[Tue Feb 24 20:46:26 2009] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19)
[Tue Feb 24 20:47:10 2009] : DM: They're rakshasa, malevolent extraplanar spellcasters but you don't recall any other details.
[Tue Feb 24 20:47:54 2009] : Rakshasa: The both cast spells and disappear from view.
[Tue Feb 24 20:47:54 2009] : Aliatra: "Rakshasa" *softly*
[Tue Feb 24 20:48:13 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 24 20:48:24 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, invisibility eh?"
[Tue Feb 24 20:48:27 2009] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Feb 24 20:48:55 2009] : Dan: Dan turns to Oona an casts a spell on her
[Tue Feb 24 20:49:28 2009] : Dan: ooc Improved invis - not got it in my node yet!
[Tue Feb 24 20:49:52 2009] : Dan: Dan continues immediately into another spell
[Tue Feb 24 20:49:56 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Nice one :D
[Tue Feb 24 20:49:58 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Quicken: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4) images (Image AC = 15; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Feb 24 20:50:30 2009] : Dan: Dan moves into the room
[Tue Feb 24 20:50:31 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 24 20:50:37 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 24 20:50:56 2009] : Adrin: Adrin moves into the room and stands on the other side of Dan
[Tue Feb 24 20:51:18 2009] : Dan: ooc I do have it, but it's called Invisibility (greater)!
[Tue Feb 24 20:51:34 2009] : Adrin: Adrin draw his sword but has no idea where the invisible guys were
[Tue Feb 24 20:51:39 2009] : Adrin: done
[Tue Feb 24 20:51:58 2009] : Dan: "Ali, what's in here?"
[Tue Feb 24 20:52:06 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 24 20:52:18 2009] : Oona: Oona sneaks past her companions going up
[Tue Feb 24 20:52:47 2009] : Oona: ooc if I run up, I can move 2x right?
[Tue Feb 24 20:52:49 2009] : Aliatra: "Rakshasa, spellcasters from the planes, they look a bit like big cats and they're evil"
[Tue Feb 24 20:53:01 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [2,21] = (23)
[Tue Feb 24 20:53:07 2009] : Dan: ooc a 2!
[Tue Feb 24 20:53:16 2009] : Oona: Oona runs up the stairs, passing her companions in the stairwell
[Tue Feb 24 20:53:23 2009] : Aliatra: "But I don't know a lot about them"
[Tue Feb 24 20:53:26 2009] : Dan: "Yes, sounds about right"
[Tue Feb 24 20:53:27 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 24 20:54:08 2009] : DM: The stairs are all broken and cannot be walked on, climb check to clamber up the broken remains.
[Tue Feb 24 20:54:12 2009] : Dan: "They're also capable of casting spells as sorcerors and can shapechange into other humaoid forms"
[Tue Feb 24 20:54:20 2009] : Oona: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Feb 24 20:54:50 2009] : DM: You climb about half way up.
[Tue Feb 24 20:54:59 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I already said they were spellcasters :-P
[Tue Feb 24 20:55:03 2009] : DM: ooc half speed while climbing.
[Tue Feb 24 20:55:12 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 24 20:55:32 2009] : Dan: ooc I know that, I heard them casting!, but they are sorcerors is new info
[Tue Feb 24 20:55:50 2009] : Aliatra: ooc :)
[Tue Feb 24 20:56:01 2009] : Dan: "I can get us upstairs"
[Tue Feb 24 20:56:22 2009] : Dan: Dan whispers "Dimension door"
[Tue Feb 24 20:56:54 2009] : Aliatra: "Adrin, do you want extra strength?"
[Tue Feb 24 20:57:26 2009] : Adrin: "I'm ok. Save your spells"
[Tue Feb 24 20:57:46 2009] : Aliatra: "Then get us up there, Dan"
[Tue Feb 24 20:57:56 2009] : Aliatra: Delaying my action
[Tue Feb 24 20:58:05 2009] : Adrin: ooc it only adds an extra 2 to my STR. The spell is better used for something else
[Tue Feb 24 20:58:44 2009] : Rakshasa: The rakshasas reappear casting spells.
[Tue Feb 24 20:58:53 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [4,23] = (27)
[Tue Feb 24 20:59:04 2009] : Rakshasa: Dan you're the target of a dispel magic.
[Tue Feb 24 20:59:27 2009] : Rakshasa: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Feb 24 20:59:34 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I could double your size, but if that's a good idea to do indoors?
[Tue Feb 24 20:59:37 2009] : Rakshasa: ooc how many affects do you have active, Dan?
[Tue Feb 24 20:59:43 2009] : Dan: ooc one
[Tue Feb 24 20:59:45 2009] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Tue Feb 24 21:00:14 2009] : Rakshasa: Your mirror image is dispelled.
[Tue Feb 24 21:00:33 2009] : Dan: ooc OK
[Tue Feb 24 21:00:37 2009] : Rakshasa: The second casts melf's acid arrow at Dan.
[Tue Feb 24 21:01:02 2009] : Rakshasa: [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Tue Feb 24 21:01:06 2009] : Rakshasa: ooc touch AC?
[Tue Feb 24 21:01:14 2009] : Dan: ooc 20
[Tue Feb 24 21:01:25 2009] : Dan: ooc it's in my status
[Tue Feb 24 21:01:38 2009] : Rakshasa: And misses.
[Tue Feb 24 21:01:45 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 24 21:02:01 2009] : Dan: "Shall we go up now they've reappeared?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:02:29 2009] : Dan: "Better to attack from high ground?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:02:30 2009] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Feb 24 21:02:37 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dimension Door (level 4): Teleports caster a short distance (Range 400ft + 40ft/level)
[Tue Feb 24 21:02:41 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Can I take my action now?
[Tue Feb 24 21:02:56 2009] : Dan: Dan pulls Adrin and Ali through the door to the next level up
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:08 2009] : Dan: Dan steps behind them
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:09 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:16 2009] : Adrin: ooc where does that put us?
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:19 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:34 2009] : Adrin: ooc thats a cramped ledge
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:35 2009] : Aliatra: Can I see the rakshasa?
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:53 2009] : DM: Yes
[Tue Feb 24 21:03:54 2009] : Dan: ooc is there a floor up there, or did I miss something?
[Tue Feb 24 21:04:24 2009] : DM: It's a wooden walkway, the railing a charred and broken.
[Tue Feb 24 21:04:33 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell
[Tue Feb 24 21:04:44 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [8,6,8] = (22) damage, [6d6] => [4,4,5,2,4,5] = (24) against undead
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:00 2009] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:00 2009] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+6] => [10,6] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:15 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:18 2009] : DM: The rakshasa's fur is badly singed.
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:22 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:38 2009] : Adrin: Adrin steps forward and attacks #2 in a rage
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:41 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+21] => [20,21] = (41) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [2,5,13,3] = (23)
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:41 2009] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40) ===> Damage: [4d6+26+1d6] => [3,2,3,1,26,4] = (39)
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:41 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [4,3,13,4] = (24)
[Tue Feb 24 21:05:41 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [6,6,13,6] = (31)
[Tue Feb 24 21:06:49 2009] : DM: Adrin hacks the rakshasa to pieces, sending the dead body tumbling over the edge to land with a bone-cracking smack on the ground below.
[Tue Feb 24 21:06:53 2009] : Adrin: ooc can he move diagonally instead?
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:04 2009] : DM: ooc only if you're a bishop ;)
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:08 2009] : Adrin: ooc ie one square up from where he is
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:10 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:13 2009] : Oona: ooc ROFLMAO
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:19 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:21 2009] : Adrin: ooc hmmmm
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:34 2009] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Feb 24 21:07:50 2009] : Adrin: ooc that completely bemused me for a minute :)
[Tue Feb 24 21:08:12 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 24 21:08:41 2009] : Oona: Oona charges #1
[Tue Feb 24 21:08:46 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Feb 24 21:08:46 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Feb 24 21:08:56 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [4,1,3,6,4,1] = (19)
[Tue Feb 24 21:09:33 2009] : Oona: ooc just the one attack, right?
[Tue Feb 24 21:09:48 2009] : Oona: ooc /me promises to read up on attacks :(
[Tue Feb 24 21:09:49 2009] : DM: Can't charge up the broken stair. Need a climb check.
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:00 2009] : Oona: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:10 2009] : Oona: ooc fuckity fuck
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:16 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:40 2009] : Oona: ooc pardon my French :P
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:49 2009] : DM: Part of the broken stair gives wave under your hand and you fall 8 ft to the hard stone floor below. Tumble roll.
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:57 2009] : DM: gives way
[Tue Feb 24 21:10:58 2009] : Oona: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11)
[Tue Feb 24 21:11:03 2009] : Adrin: ooc I think you know fine rightly that that is not French
[Tue Feb 24 21:11:16 2009] : Dan: ooc at least no one can see your epic fail ;-)
[Tue Feb 24 21:11:22 2009] : Oona: ooc damn, here go all my bad rolls.
[Tue Feb 24 21:11:29 2009] : Oona: ooc :P
[Tue Feb 24 21:11:45 2009] : DM: You land badly, spraining your wrist. [1d6] => [5] = (5) damage.
[Tue Feb 24 21:11:58 2009] : Oona: Oona cries in pain
[Tue Feb 24 21:12:04 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 24 21:12:05 2009] : DM: And you cough as you disturb the dust on the floor.
[Tue Feb 24 21:12:39 2009] : Oona: *cough*
[Tue Feb 24 21:12:52 2009] : Rakshasa: The remaining rakshasa casts lightning bolt at Adrin, Aliatra and Dan. Reflex saves.
[Tue Feb 24 21:12:59 2009] : Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22)
[Tue Feb 24 21:13:03 2009] : Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Feb 24 21:13:11 2009] : Rakshasa: Electrical damage: [7d6] => [5,2,5,5,2,3,5] = (27)
[Tue Feb 24 21:13:31 2009] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Feb 24 21:13:49 2009] : Rakshasa: You all dodge most of the blast and take 13 damage.
[Tue Feb 24 21:13:56 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 24 21:14:17 2009] : Dan: Dan seems only slightly fried
[Tue Feb 24 21:14:51 2009] : Dan: Dan moves to the side and returns the compliment
[Tue Feb 24 21:14:51 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra has looked better
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:20 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Lightning Bolt (level 3): Bolt of electricity in a 120ft line dealing [10d6] => [5,3,2,2,4,5,3,2,3,5] = (34) electric damage (Reflex save DC 19 for half damage)
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:27 2009] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:39 2009] : DM: *zzzzaaap*
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:40 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Lightning Bolt (level 3): Bolt of electricity in a 120ft line dealing [10d6] => [4,3,5,3,2,3,5,2,4,1] = (32) electric damage (Reflex save DC 19 for half damage)
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:47 2009] : Dan: ooc oops
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:50 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 24 21:15:58 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 24 21:16:01 2009] : Dan: ooc second was a mistake
[Tue Feb 24 21:16:27 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves forward and uses her sword on the rakshasa
[Tue Feb 24 21:16:35 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,5,6] = (14)
[Tue Feb 24 21:16:35 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,3,6] = (10)
[Tue Feb 24 21:16:51 2009] : DM: A miss.
[Tue Feb 24 21:17:12 2009] : Adrin: ooc are you still invisible?
[Tue Feb 24 21:17:33 2009] : DM: ooc who? Oona is, the rakshasa is not.
[Tue Feb 24 21:17:54 2009] : Adrin: ooc ahh, I was thinking it was Ali who was invisible
[Tue Feb 24 21:18:18 2009] : Oona: ooc nope, me
[Tue Feb 24 21:18:21 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I wish
[Tue Feb 24 21:18:48 2009] : Aliatra: ooc But I don't get sneak attack points when the adversaries don't see me attack
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:01 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:06 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:07 2009] : Adrin: ooc flatfooted AC though
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:13 2009] : Dan: ooc although Ali is injured and could possibly do with it, Oona is far more effective when invisible
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:31 2009] : Adrin: ooc is there room for me to get past ali easily?
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:35 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:49 2009] : Aliatra: ooc If there is, I'll let you pass
[Tue Feb 24 21:19:54 2009] : Adrin: Adrin moves in to attack #1
[Tue Feb 24 21:20:10 2009] : Adrin: 1st attack only:
[Tue Feb 24 21:20:11 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+21] => [8,21] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [2,2,13,1] = (18)
[Tue Feb 24 21:20:11 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+16] => [10,16] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [3,5,13,2] = (23)
[Tue Feb 24 21:20:11 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [5,5,13,2] = (25)
[Tue Feb 24 21:20:37 2009] : DM: The rakshasa is severly injured now, it won't last long.
[Tue Feb 24 21:20:40 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 24 21:21:11 2009] : Oona: Oona gets up and starts going up the stairs again, this time making sure she's got balance
[Tue Feb 24 21:21:21 2009] : DM: Climb check
[Tue Feb 24 21:21:22 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 24 21:21:41 2009] : Oona: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Feb 24 21:21:49 2009] : DM: You make it halfway again.
[Tue Feb 24 21:22:18 2009] : Rakshasa: The rakshasa lashes out with it's claws and teeth at Aliatra.
[Tue Feb 24 21:22:20 2009] : Rakshasa: Claw (base): [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Feb 24 21:22:21 2009] : Rakshasa: Critical hit? [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d4+2] => [4,3,2] = (9)
[Tue Feb 24 21:22:23 2009] : Rakshasa: Claw (base): [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 24 21:22:24 2009] : Rakshasa: Bite (base): [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Feb 24 21:22:59 2009] : Rakshasa: 9 damage as a razor sharp claw cuts your cheek.
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:09 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:41 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra raises her sword and lets it lend on the creature
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:43 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,4,6] = (14)
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:43 2009] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [6,5,1,4,12] = (28)
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:43 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,6,6] = (15)
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:43 2009] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [4,6,4,4,12] = (30)
[Tue Feb 24 21:23:58 2009] : Aliatra: Step back and done
[Tue Feb 24 21:24:28 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Why would I step back? Surely it's sliced and diced
[Tue Feb 24 21:24:34 2009] : Dan: ooc step back to avoid being covered in gore?
[Tue Feb 24 21:24:38 2009] : DM: The rakshasas falls against the wall and slides down, leaving a big bloody smear.
[Tue Feb 24 21:24:43 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Something like that
[Tue Feb 24 21:25:02 2009] : Dan: "Are you there Oona?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:25:50 2009] : DM: The rakshasas head falls off, having been severed completed. it rolls across the walkway before falling to the ground where it bounces with a sickening crack.
[Tue Feb 24 21:26:42 2009] : Dan: "Eww"
[Tue Feb 24 21:27:12 2009] : Aliatra: "Better its head than one of ours"
[Tue Feb 24 21:27:20 2009] : Oona: Oona looks at the head rolling down
[Tue Feb 24 21:27:20 2009] : Dan: "Now I don't much fancy rifling through their bodies, what with the mess you two made of them"
[Tue Feb 24 21:27:21 2009] : Adrin: "Nice move Ali"
[Tue Feb 24 21:27:24 2009] : Oona: "Ewww indeed"
[Tue Feb 24 21:27:39 2009] : Dan: "Ah, you are there Oona"
[Tue Feb 24 21:28:10 2009] : Dan: "Whereabouts are you, and what happened, we just saw the stairs collapse. Were you on them?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:28:21 2009] : Aliatra: "You're welcome, Dan"
[Tue Feb 24 21:28:57 2009] : Adrin: "You're looking a touch dusty Oona"
[Tue Feb 24 21:28:59 2009] : Oona: "Yes, I fell down"
[Tue Feb 24 21:29:04 2009] : Oona: "Haha"
[Tue Feb 24 21:29:10 2009] : Oona: "I actually hurt my wrist"
[Tue Feb 24 21:29:31 2009] : Dan: ooc she's still invisible
[Tue Feb 24 21:29:33 2009] : Aliatra: "Can you still use your swords?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:29:41 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 24 21:30:26 2009] : Adrin: ooc an invisible person covered in dust should really be visible
[Tue Feb 24 21:30:45 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:07 2009] : DM: There's a further door leading off the walkway. It's scorched but beneath you burns you see arcane writings in draconic.
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:25 2009] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [9,20] = (29)
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:25 2009] : Oona: "Yes, I can still use my swords"
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:27 2009] : Oona: "I think"
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:39 2009] : Oona: Oona makes a Jackie Chan sword move to try
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:49 2009] : Oona: ooc and I don't care if Jacki Chan doesn't have swords :P
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:52 2009] : Dan: ooc not that I can't 'just' read Draconic
[Tue Feb 24 21:31:56 2009] : Oona: *Jackie
[Tue Feb 24 21:32:04 2009] : DM: The writings read: "High energy laboratory. No unauthorized entry."
[Tue Feb 24 21:32:22 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, looks like we found the lab"
[Tue Feb 24 21:32:39 2009] : Dan: "High Energy, I'm not sure that I like the sound of that"
[Tue Feb 24 21:32:45 2009] : Adrin: "Should we walk in or do you think its protected?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:33:01 2009] : Dan: "Oona, can you check for us please?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:33:16 2009] : Aliatra: "Perhaps better give me some time to take care of my wounds before going in"
[Tue Feb 24 21:33:37 2009] : Oona: "Check what?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:33:44 2009] : Oona: "Ah sorry"
[Tue Feb 24 21:33:54 2009] : Oona: Oona starts looking for traps
[Tue Feb 24 21:33:59 2009] : Adrin: "Go ahead Ali"
[Tue Feb 24 21:34:07 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [7,1,7] = (15).
[Tue Feb 24 21:34:08 2009] : Oona: ooc She starts googlin' around
[Tue Feb 24 21:34:13 2009] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [8,17] = (25)
[Tue Feb 24 21:34:22 2009] : Oona: ooc :D
[Tue Feb 24 21:34:35 2009] : Adrin: "In fact if you've got that wand out could you give me the once over?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:35:08 2009] : Dan: "Did anyone check the Rakshasa corpses?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:35:10 2009] : Aliatra: Cure critical wounds: [4d8+7] => [8,8,6,2,7] = (31)
[Tue Feb 24 21:35:38 2009] : Oona: ooc nope.
[Tue Feb 24 21:35:44 2009] : Aliatra: "That's better"
[Tue Feb 24 21:35:48 2009] : Adrin: "They're mostly fried blood"
[Tue Feb 24 21:36:26 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes her wand and uses it on Adrin
[Tue Feb 24 21:36:51 2009] : Oona: ooc traps?
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:00 2009] : DM: The door isn't trapped but is locked with an unusual lock design that looks unpickable with conventional tools. It consists of a slot about 5 cm in length and only a few millimeters in width.
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:05 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:07 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:19 2009] : Aliatra: "That should do it"
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:21 2009] : Dan: Dan wanders over and careful not to get blood over himself, checks the corpses for gear
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:26 2009] : Adrin: "Thats great"
[Tue Feb 24 21:37:52 2009] : DM: The rakshasas each have a small bag of coins and minor gems.
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:24 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra then uses the wand on herself
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:38 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:39 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:40 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:42 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:43 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:45 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:49 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:53 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 24 21:38:58 2009] : Oona: "My wrist could do with some healing too"
[Tue Feb 24 21:39:03 2009] : Oona: ooc 8 down.
[Tue Feb 24 21:39:03 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 24 21:39:04 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 24 21:39:50 2009] : Aliatra: "Sure, Oona, just come here for a moment"
[Tue Feb 24 21:39:53 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Feb 24 21:40:12 2009] : Oona: "Thanks"
[Tue Feb 24 21:40:19 2009] : Aliatra: "That should take care of it"
[Tue Feb 24 21:40:36 2009] : Oona: "That feels better". Oona rubs her wrist and feels much better.
[Tue Feb 24 21:40:48 2009] : Oona: ooc am I still invisible though? Or just dusty and pathetic?
[Tue Feb 24 21:41:18 2009] : DM: ooc it would have worn off by now.
[Tue Feb 24 21:43:19 2009] : Oona: ooc ok, so back to searching for traps
[Tue Feb 24 21:43:21 2009] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [9,17] = (26)
[Tue Feb 24 21:43:28 2009] : Oona: ooc +5 with the goggles
[Tue Feb 24 21:43:45 2009] : DM: Still don't find any traps.
[Tue Feb 24 21:43:57 2009] : Oona: ooc oh, I missed the first time :)
[Tue Feb 24 21:45:23 2009] : Dan: Dan examines the coins and gems from the Rakshasas
[Tue Feb 24 21:45:57 2009] : DM: They're worth 400 gp in total.
[Tue Feb 24 21:46:58 2009] : Dan: ooc added to wiki
[Tue Feb 24 21:47:57 2009] : Adrin: "So we can just walk in?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:48:15 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I suggest that an amount as small as that just goes into the kitty
[Tue Feb 24 21:48:25 2009] : DM: The door isn't trapped but is locked with an unusual lock design that looks unpickable with conventional tools. It consists of a slot about 5 cm in length and only a few millimeters in width.
[Tue Feb 24 21:48:48 2009] : Oona: Onna looks perplexed
[Tue Feb 24 21:48:56 2009] : Oona: "I am not sure I can pick that lock at all."
[Tue Feb 24 21:49:00 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Only to be opened with a credit card?
[Tue Feb 24 21:49:14 2009] : Aliatra: "Try it, we have time"
[Tue Feb 24 21:49:19 2009] : Oona: ooc damn hotel cards!
[Tue Feb 24 21:49:45 2009] : Oona: Oona looks around for something that could fit in the slot, so she can prod
[Tue Feb 24 21:49:57 2009] : Oona: ooc looking on the bodies, around them and stuff
[Tue Feb 24 21:49:59 2009] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [12,17] = (29)
[Tue Feb 24 21:50:26 2009] : Oona: ooc I fI don't find their hotel card, then I'm looking to fabricate something or to find something that can fit in the slot
[Tue Feb 24 21:50:47 2009] : DM: There's no key card on the rakshasa bodies or in their immediate vicinity.
[Tue Feb 24 21:51:12 2009] : Oona: Oona pauses to think
[Tue Feb 24 21:51:19 2009] : DM: ooc Please specificy exactly where else you're searching. Keeping in mind that there's nothing in the room but lots of dust piles.
[Tue Feb 24 21:51:45 2009] : Oona: "OK, so they don't have anything ressembling a key"
[Tue Feb 24 21:51:50 2009] : Oona: "Tehre are two options"
[Tue Feb 24 21:51:57 2009] : Oona: 3considering I can't pick this lock"
[Tue Feb 24 21:52:06 2009] : Oona: "Either we try and force the door"
[Tue Feb 24 21:52:22 2009] : Oona: "Or we look for the card. It might be in the furniture downstairs"
[Tue Feb 24 21:52:36 2009] : Oona: "Or we look for the key. It might be in the furniture downstairs"
[Tue Feb 24 21:52:49 2009] : Oona: Oona starts going down. Slowly
[Tue Feb 24 21:53:10 2009] : Oona: ooc looking at the furniture what are the pieces present?
[Tue Feb 24 21:53:39 2009] : DM: As you cross the floor your foot crunches on something in the dust.
[Tue Feb 24 21:53:52 2009] : Adrin: "I suppose we need to find out who is authorised and get a key off them"
[Tue Feb 24 21:54:14 2009] : DM: Downstairs there's a table with a drawer and four chairs. They're nervous and skitter backwards when you approach them.
[Tue Feb 24 21:54:22 2009] : Oona: Oona scoops the thing under her boot
[Tue Feb 24 21:54:56 2009] : DM: It's a belt buckle, the brass discoloured from intense heat.
[Tue Feb 24 21:55:20 2009] : Oona: Oona examines the thing, to see if it could fit in the slot
[Tue Feb 24 21:55:29 2009] : DM: It's too fat.
[Tue Feb 24 21:55:53 2009] : Oona: Oona pockets the belt buckle
[Tue Feb 24 21:56:07 2009] : Oona: Oona looks at the table
[Tue Feb 24 21:56:17 2009] : Oona: "Would you mind if I opened your drawer?"
[Tue Feb 24 21:56:30 2009] : Oona: Oona feels really strange talking to a table.
[Tue Feb 24 21:56:35 2009] : DM: Diplomacy roll
[Tue Feb 24 21:56:44 2009] : Oona: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
[Tue Feb 24 21:57:04 2009] : Oona: "I'm just looking for the key to stop those strange magic things"
[Tue Feb 24 21:57:13 2009] : Oona: "I'll be but a minute"
[Tue Feb 24 21:57:14 2009] : DM: The table relaxes and approaches, its drawer opening.
[Tue Feb 24 21:57:27 2009] : Oona: Oona looks in the drawer
[Tue Feb 24 21:58:24 2009] : DM: Lying inside the drawer is a metal, silvery card about 7 by 7 cms and only a few millimetres thick.
[Tue Feb 24 21:58:26 2009] : Dan: Dan wonders if the table considers itself a strange magic thing
[Tue Feb 24 21:58:47 2009] : DM: ooc sorry 5 by 7 cm
[Tue Feb 24 21:58:53 2009] : Oona: Oona picks the silvery card and pats the table "Thank you so much"
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:01 2009] : Oona: "I have it!"
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:06 2009] : Oona: "At least I think"
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:06 2009] : Dan: ooc phew, I thought it was too big
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:22 2009] : Oona: Oona goes up again, taking all the time needed to climb safely
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:28 2009] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:46 2009] : Adrin: "Nicely done Oona
[Tue Feb 24 21:59:55 2009] : Oona: Oona slips the silvery card in the slot and takes a step back
[Tue Feb 24 22:00:06 2009] : Aliatra: "Well done that woman"
[Tue Feb 24 22:00:30 2009] : DM: *whirrr* *beeeep* *click*
[Tue Feb 24 22:01:09 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra and her sword are ready
[Tue Feb 24 22:01:34 2009] : Adrin: Adrin is also ready for action
[Tue Feb 24 22:02:07 2009] : Dan: Dan stands with his staff ready
[Tue Feb 24 22:02:44 2009] : Oona: Oona peeps in the door
[Tue Feb 24 22:03:30 2009] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18)
[Tue Feb 24 22:03:34 2009] : DM: The heavy door swings open at your touch and your nostrils are assaulted by a musty, fetid stench of decay and death.
[Tue Feb 24 22:04:01 2009] : Dan: "That doesn't smell good!"
[Tue Feb 24 22:04:08 2009] : DM: Beyond the door is a narrow spiral staircase leading upwards and you hear something or someone muttering fragmentary phrases.
[Tue Feb 24 22:04:15 2009] : DM: Spellcraft checks.
[Tue Feb 24 22:04:33 2009] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Feb 24 22:05:06 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra isn't even sure a spell is being cast
[Tue Feb 24 22:05:27 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [16,23] = (39)
[Tue Feb 24 22:06:33 2009] : DM: You pick out the occasionaly word: "power", "orb", and "betrayers" but the rest is indistinct except for fragmentary spell phrases.
[Tue Feb 24 22:07:03 2009] : Dan: "What in the hells are they doing up there?"
[Tue Feb 24 22:07:15 2009] : Dan: "Whatever it is, they are not happy"
[Tue Feb 24 22:07:24 2009] : Adrin: "Lets go find out"
[Tue Feb 24 22:08:02 2009] : Dan: "Hold on"
[Tue Feb 24 22:08:34 2009] : Dan: "The type of spell fragment that I'm getting are pretty dangerous"
[Tue Feb 24 22:09:02 2009] : Aliatra: "Sounds like ravings of a madman to me"
[Tue Feb 24 22:09:05 2009] : Dan: "One of them wouldn't harm us, but others may kill us outright"
[Tue Feb 24 22:10:20 2009] : Dan: "Circle of death for example would not harm such hardy folk as us, but a disintegrate spell would"
[Tue Feb 24 22:10:50 2009] : Dan: ooc are the spells being cast or just listed?
[Tue Feb 24 22:10:54 2009] : Oona: Oona gasps
[Tue Feb 24 22:11:05 2009] : DM: ooc they're not being cast, the incantation are incomplete.
[Tue Feb 24 22:12:07 2009] : Dan: "None of the spells are being completed though"
[Tue Feb 24 22:12:22 2009] : Dan: "So maybe we should go up, but remain careful"
[Tue Feb 24 22:12:52 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Feb 24 22:12:53 2009] : Adrin: "Have you got any more invisibilty spells for oona?"
[Tue Feb 24 22:13:01 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's get up there before the casting gets completed"
[Tue Feb 24 22:13:01 2009] : Dan: "No"
[Tue Feb 24 22:14:21 2009] : Dan: Dan concentrates on the upstairs, and if nothing is detected, he keeps concnetrating on detection as we go upstairs
[Tue Feb 24 22:14:56 2009] : Adrin: Adrin covers Dan as he concentrates
[Tue Feb 24 22:15:39 2009] : DM: From the floor above are numerous active magical auras, they're swamped by a single aura of immense power, intensity and containing all the schools of magic.
[Tue Feb 24 22:16:28 2009] : Oona: Oona follows behind, keeping cover
[Tue Feb 24 22:17:17 2009] : DM: As you climb the smell becomes worse, you reach the top and look into the room.
[Tue Feb 24 22:17:22 2009] : Dan: ooc keep concentrating, trying to find the aura strength
[Tue Feb 24 22:17:26 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra keeps an eye on Dan as she follows him up
[Tue Feb 24 22:18:28 2009] : DM: Standing with its back towards you, hunched over something (the source of the aura) is a gaunt skeletal figure in tattered black robes. It seems to not notice you as it continues to mutter.
[Tue Feb 24 22:19:09 2009] : DM: Surrounding the figure are numerous shimmering magical protections.
[Tue Feb 24 22:19:38 2009] : Aliatra: "Hmm"
[Tue Feb 24 22:20:58 2009] : DM: GAME END