Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Feb 17 19:24:34 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 17 19:24:46 2009] : Kraken: The kraken moves to attack!
[Tue Feb 17 19:24:52 2009] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Feb 17 19:24:57 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 19:25:02 2009] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21)
[Tue Feb 17 19:25:22 2009] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Feb 17 19:25:52 2009] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Feb 17 19:26:16 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 19:26:30 2009] : Oona: Oona looks around for a place to hide as she advances towards the kraken
[Tue Feb 17 19:26:39 2009] : Oona: ooc algae? rocks? anything?
[Tue Feb 17 19:27:24 2009] : DM: The lake bed is covered in clumps of big aquatic weeds, their dense fronds lightly swaying in the currents.
[Tue Feb 17 19:27:54 2009] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
[Tue Feb 17 19:28:17 2009] : Aliatra: ooc David does have a talent to set the scene :)
[Tue Feb 17 19:28:22 2009] : Oona: Oona takes cover behind a weed and stops, lurking through the wavy leaves.
[Tue Feb 17 19:28:26 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [9,30] = (39)
[Tue Feb 17 19:28:27 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 19:28:49 2009] : Oona: ooc damn that thing.
[Tue Feb 17 19:29:00 2009] : DM: One of the kraken's enourmous eyes is fixed on your position Oona.
[Tue Feb 17 19:29:04 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 17 19:29:30 2009] : Dan: Dan begins casting a spell
[Tue Feb 17 19:29:33 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 19:29:42 2009] : DM: ooc remember the kraken as 60 ft reach with it's two longer tentacles, 30 ft reach with it's 8 shorter arms.
[Tue Feb 17 19:29:52 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 19:30:25 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Will arrows reach it under water?
[Tue Feb 17 19:30:42 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 17 19:31:07 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra nocks an arrow and aims at the creature
[Tue Feb 17 19:31:15 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch, PBS (base): [1d20+17] => [2,17] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] => [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 19:31:15 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch, PBS (second): [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] => [8,6] = (14)
[Tue Feb 17 19:31:26 2009] : Dan: ooc step back a bit them
[Tue Feb 17 19:31:29 2009] : Dan: ooc then
[Tue Feb 17 19:31:42 2009] : Aliatra: Stepping back and done
[Tue Feb 17 19:32:04 2009] : DM: Your arrows bounce of the kraken's tough skin.
[Tue Feb 17 19:32:20 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Yeah, lousy rolls
[Tue Feb 17 19:32:33 2009] : DM: It swims forwards and swipes at Oona with a barbed tentacle.
[Tue Feb 17 19:32:49 2009] : DM: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [1,28] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [4,3,12] = (19)
[Tue Feb 17 19:32:57 2009] : DM: It misses.
[Tue Feb 17 19:33:10 2009] : Dan: ooc does a bow work under water??
[Tue Feb 17 19:33:11 2009] : Oona: ooc it misses? o.O
[Tue Feb 17 19:33:30 2009] : DM: Oona? You can attack it's tentacle -- it's in arm's reach.
[Tue Feb 17 19:33:31 2009] : Oona: ooc Yeah, I don't think a bow could work that well underwater. At least it should have some kind of a penalty.
[Tue Feb 17 19:33:51 2009] : DM: ooc If I had a powerful magic bow I'd make it work underwater.
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:13 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:17 2009] : Oona: Oona sways her swords, adjusting to the pressure and tries her luck at the kraken's tentacle.
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:39 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:39 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:42 2009] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:42 2009] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 19:34:53 2009] : DM: ooc requires a sunder attempt.
[Tue Feb 17 19:35:00 2009] : Oona: ooc first three.
[Tue Feb 17 19:35:03 2009] : Oona: ooc what's sunder?
[Tue Feb 17 19:35:14 2009] : DM: ooc who knows?
[Tue Feb 17 19:35:23 2009] : Oona: ooc lol.
[Tue Feb 17 19:35:40 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL - it's the rules for smashing a wep
[Tue Feb 17 19:35:45 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL - it's the rules for smashing a weapon Del
[Tue Feb 17 19:36:18 2009] : Oona: ooc /me still doesn't understand how that tentacle didn't reach me. :/
[Tue Feb 17 19:36:50 2009] : DM: ooc crit miss
[Tue Feb 17 19:37:05 2009] : Oona: ooc ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
[Tue Feb 17 19:37:12 2009] : Oona: ooc now I see.
[Tue Feb 17 19:37:15 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 19:37:29 2009] : Oona: Oona crouches further behind the weeds.
[Tue Feb 17 19:37:31 2009] : DM: ooc sunder is probably a stupid thing to try against the kraken, it gets +8 to it's opposed roll.
[Tue Feb 17 19:37:56 2009] : DM: Do you want to try it Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 19:38:24 2009] : Oona: ooc sure, what do I have to do?
[Tue Feb 17 19:38:37 2009] : DM: First it get's an AoO
[Tue Feb 17 19:38:41 2009] : DM: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [16,28] = (44) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [7,8,12] = (27)
[Tue Feb 17 19:38:57 2009] : Dan: ooc umm!
[Tue Feb 17 19:39:07 2009] : Oona: ooc maybe not? :D
[Tue Feb 17 19:39:24 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 17 19:39:26 2009] : DM: okay, what are you trying instead?
[Tue Feb 17 19:39:42 2009] : Oona: ooc I'm sorry, I don't get it. I can't hack at the tentacle ?
[Tue Feb 17 19:39:46 2009] : Oona: ooc /me is lost
[Tue Feb 17 19:40:25 2009] : DM: You can attack the tentacle but it's a sunder attack and provokes an AoO.
[Tue Feb 17 19:40:38 2009] : Oona: ooc ahhh, ok.
[Tue Feb 17 19:40:49 2009] : Dan: ooc otherwise you need to move in closer
[Tue Feb 17 19:41:04 2009] : Oona: ooc then I move closer.
[Tue Feb 17 19:41:31 2009] : Oona: Oona tries her luck and glides in the water to approacht the kraken and get a better hack
[Tue Feb 17 19:41:35 2009] : Oona: ooc can I run?
[Tue Feb 17 19:41:57 2009] : DM: ooc yes,
[Tue Feb 17 19:42:11 2009] : Oona: ooc ok, so run.
[Tue Feb 17 19:42:19 2009] : DM: It strikes you with a tentacle as you move.
[Tue Feb 17 19:42:22 2009] : DM: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [17,28] = (45) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [6,1,12] = (19)
[Tue Feb 17 19:42:30 2009] : DM: 19 damage (AoO).
[Tue Feb 17 19:42:38 2009] : Oona: Oona winces but gets her bearings and runs further
[Tue Feb 17 19:42:57 2009] : DM: Did you charge? Make a single attack if you did.
[Tue Feb 17 19:43:18 2009] : Oona: ooc I didn't charge, can I still drink a potion?
[Tue Feb 17 19:43:25 2009] : DM: Yes
[Tue Feb 17 19:43:43 2009] : Oona: Oona takes a potion out of her belt and gulps it down
[Tue Feb 17 19:43:51 2009] : Oona: Oona disappears from sight
[Tue Feb 17 19:43:56 2009] : Oona: ooc invisibility
[Tue Feb 17 19:43:59 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 19:44:02 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 17 19:45:05 2009] : Dan: Dan finishes casting... Summon Monster VII - Fiendish Elasmosaur
[Tue Feb 17 19:45:46 2009] : Dan: ooc SM VI not VII
[Tue Feb 17 19:45:54 2009] : Dan: Bite 1/2:: [1d20+15+0] => [6,15,0] = (21) Damage [2d8+15+0] => [2,2,15,0] = (19)
[Tue Feb 17 19:46:02 2009] : Dan: Bite 2/2:: [1d20+15+0] => [7,15,0] = (22) Damage [2d8+15+0] => [6,2,15,0] = (23)
[Tue Feb 17 19:46:34 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 19:46
[Tue Feb 17 19:46:57 2009] : Dan: Dan moves then casts another spell
[Tue Feb 17 19:46:59 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 19:47:00 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(3) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 17 19:47:01 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 19:47
[Tue Feb 17 19:47:14 2009] : Dan: ooc Ellie?? LOL
[Tue Feb 17 19:47:36 2009] : DM: Your elasmosaurus takes two larges bites out of the kraken's flank.
[Tue Feb 17 19:47:56 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I have to tell my daughter, she was called that when small
[Tue Feb 17 19:47:58 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 19:48:28 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra shoots again before moving closed
[Tue Feb 17 19:48:33 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (base): [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Feb 17 19:48:33 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (second): [1d20+11] => [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 19:48:54 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 17 19:49:10 2009] : DM: Both arrows miss by the narrowests of margins.
[Tue Feb 17 19:49:21 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Great rolls, again
[Tue Feb 17 19:50:36 2009] : Kraken: The kraken asseses the situation for a moment before flailing with it's fearsome tentacles.
[Tue Feb 17 19:50:49 2009] : Kraken: Two tentacles on Aliatra
[Tue Feb 17 19:50:52 2009] : Kraken: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [15,28] = (43) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [1,8,12] = (21)
[Tue Feb 17 19:50:53 2009] : Kraken: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [2,28] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [2,2,12] = (16)
[Tue Feb 17 19:51:19 2009] : Kraken: It edges closer also.
[Tue Feb 17 19:51:28 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 19:52:07 2009] : Oona: Oona gumps another potion down
[Tue Feb 17 19:52:09 2009] : Oona: ooc haste.
[Tue Feb 17 19:52:41 2009] : DM: ooc suggest waiting to do a full round attack
[Tue Feb 17 19:52:53 2009] : Oona: ooc ok.
[Tue Feb 17 19:52:58 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:03 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:05 2009] : Oona: ooc wait
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:33 2009] : Oona: ooc I was thinking I would try and put my sword in the thing to keep it there
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:42 2009] : Oona: ooc strike with my short sword in the kraken
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:46 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra drops her bow and draws her sword as she runs at the kraken
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:53 2009] : Dan: ooc Umm, my turn?
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:56 2009] : Oona: ooc and keep it there so I am "hung"
[Tue Feb 17 19:53:59 2009] : Oona: ooc or something.
[Tue Feb 17 19:54:08 2009] : Oona: ooc would that work? how hard is that thing's skin?
[Tue Feb 17 19:54:43 2009] : DM: ooc I'll allow it, provided you do at least 15 damage in the attack.
[Tue Feb 17 19:54:45 2009] : Aliatra: Go ahead, Craig, my foolhardy attack can wait a moment longer
[Tue Feb 17 19:55:00 2009] : DM: ooc still Oona's go.
[Tue Feb 17 19:55:10 2009] : Oona: ooc osorry, done.
[Tue Feb 17 19:55:17 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 17 19:55:48 2009] : Dan: Dan finishes casting... Summon Monster V - Celestial Orca Whale
[Tue Feb 17 19:56:07 2009] : Dan: Ellie attacks
[Tue Feb 17 19:56:21 2009] : Dan: Bite 1/2:: [1d20+15+0] => [5,15,0] = (20) Damage [2d8+15+0] => [3,4,15,0] = (22)
[Tue Feb 17 19:56:26 2009] : Dan: Bite 2/2:: [1d20+15+0] => [2,15,0] = (17) Damage [2d8+15+0] => [5,1,15,0] = (21)
[Tue Feb 17 19:56:48 2009] : Dan: The Orca joins the frey
[Tue Feb 17 19:56:50 2009] : DM: The dinosaur takes another big bite of squid flesh
[Tue Feb 17 19:57:13 2009] : Dan: It smites the Kraken (+9 to damage)
[Tue Feb 17 19:57:18 2009] : Dan: Bite:
Name: Bite
Hands: Primary
Damage Type: BPS
Weapon Size: H
Weapon Critical: 20/x2
Special Properties:


[Tue Feb 17 19:57:23 2009] : Dan: ooc Bah!
[Tue Feb 17 19:57:41 2009] : Dan: As Equipped (Primary): Bite 1/2: [1d20+14+0] => [13,14,0] = (27) Damage [2d6+15+0] => [2,1,15,0] = (18), Bite 2/2: [1d20+14+0] => [19,14,0] = (33) Damage [2d6+15+0] => [2,1,15,0] = (18)
[Tue Feb 17 19:58:32 2009] : DM: The orca really chews into the kraken.
[Tue Feb 17 19:58:57 2009] : Dan: Dan steps along and casts another spell
[Tue Feb 17 19:59:14 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [4,3,2,4,1,5] = (19) Force damage
[Tue Feb 17 19:59:19 2009] : DM: ooc can you position the whale
[Tue Feb 17 19:59:20 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 19:59:38 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 19:59:55 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Wally? Really!
[Tue Feb 17 20:00:00 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra drops her bow and draws her sword as she runs at the kraken
[Tue Feb 17 20:00:33 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes her sword in both hands and swings
[Tue Feb 17 20:00:36 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [2,1,6] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 20:00:36 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,3,6] = (13)
[Tue Feb 17 20:00:44 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Done
[Tue Feb 17 20:00:54 2009] : DM: Your sword makes a shallow cut
[Tue Feb 17 20:01:48 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I might as well throw my dice at it *grumble*
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:10 2009] : Kraken: The kraken turns to face the elasmosaurus and attacks with all ten tentacles and beaked mouth.
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:14 2009] : Kraken: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [16,28] = (44) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [2,8,12] = (22)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:15 2009] : Kraken: Tentacle (base): [1d20+28] => [19,28] = (47) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] => [2,3,12] = (17)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:15 2009] : Kraken: Critical hit? [1d20+28] => [13,28] = (41) ===> Damage: [4d8+24] => [1,6,1,5,24] = (37)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:25 2009] : Kraken: 8 tentacles
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:28 2009] : Kraken: Arm (base): [1d20+23] => [17,23] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:28 2009] : Kraken: Arm (base): [1d20+23] => [9,23] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:29 2009] : Kraken: Arm (base): [1d20+23] => [18,23] = (41) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:30 2009] : Kraken: Arm (base): [1d20+23] => [7,23] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:30 2009] : Kraken: Arm (base): [1d20+23] => [17,23] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:31 2009] : Kraken: Arm (base): [1d20+23] => [7,23] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 20:02:32 2009] : Kraken: Bite (base): [1d20+23] => [11,23] = (34) ===> Damage: [4d6+6] => [4,2,1,1,6] = (14)
[Tue Feb 17 20:03:16 2009] : Kraken: 136 damage in total.
[Tue Feb 17 20:03:31 2009] : Dan: ooc Umm, I have a feeling it may have kicked the bucket ;)
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:08 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:14 2009] : Oona: Oona tries to find a palce in the kraken's skin where her right sword (offhand) will get in and stick and strikes. As she does, she becomes visible again.
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:16 2009] : Dan: ooc AC = 13 ;)
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:16 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Do you really think so?
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:23 2009] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:23 2009] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Feb 17 20:04:41 2009] : DM: ooc sneak attacks
[Tue Feb 17 20:05:01 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [1,2,3,6,2,3] = (17)
[Tue Feb 17 20:05:05 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: [1d6] => [1] = (1) cold damage
[Tue Feb 17 20:05:30 2009] : Oona: ooc then I have another attacks thanx to haste I guess? Or even two?
[Tue Feb 17 20:05:31 2009] : DM: You lunge and stab powerfully, embedded your short sword to the hilt.
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:03 2009] : Oona: Oona hangs on to the hilt of her sword and positions herself to strike with her other sword.
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:10 2009] : DM: Yes.
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:11 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:11 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [1,8] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:22 2009] : DM: Sneak attack
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:22 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [6,4,6,2,4,2] = (24)
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:25 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [4,6,3,4,4,5] = (26)
[Tue Feb 17 20:06:49 2009] : Oona: ooc I think I'm done (/me will never learn how many attacks in a round and such)
[Tue Feb 17 20:07:08 2009] : DM: With Oona's most recent attack and the chomping from the elamosaur and orca the kraken is looking quite badly wounded.
[Tue Feb 17 20:07:38 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 17 20:07:39 2009] : Dan: ooc hasted you get your two primaries, plus your secondary plus a third primary at full BAB
[Tue Feb 17 20:07:52 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Hmm, aha
[Tue Feb 17 20:07:57 2009] : Dan: The Orca attacks again
[Tue Feb 17 20:08:18 2009] : DM: ooc but it wasn't a full attack, only a single attack to stick the sword in.
[Tue Feb 17 20:08:20 2009] : Dan: Bite 1/2:: [1d20+14+0] => [5,14,0] = (19) Damage [2d6+15+0] => [4,2,15,0] = (21)
[Tue Feb 17 20:08:28 2009] : Dan: Bite 2/2:: [1d20+14+0] => [1,14,0] = (15) Damage [2d6+15+0] => [6,1,15,0] = (22)
[Tue Feb 17 20:08:34 2009] : DM: The orca misses.
[Tue Feb 17 20:08:54 2009] : Dan: ooc haste does not give you a second single attack - just an extra attack when full attacking
[Tue Feb 17 20:09:23 2009] : Dan: Dan casts another spell with a flourish
[Tue Feb 17 20:09:37 2009] : DM: ooc I thought I gave an extra attack action.
[Tue Feb 17 20:09:38 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [10d6] => [6,5,5,3,1,3,2,5,1,5] = (36) fire damage (Reflex save DC 19 for half damage)
[Tue Feb 17 20:09:53 2009] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30)
[Tue Feb 17 20:10:04 2009] : Dan: ooc they changed between 3e and 3.5e
[Tue Feb 17 20:10:14 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 20:10:22 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 20:10:59 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra once again uses her sword against the kraken, determined to kill it
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:01 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [13,16] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,1,6] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:01 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,1,6] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:02 2009] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [3,2,4,4,12] = (25)
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:13 2009] : DM: ooc that's more like it.
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:19 2009] : Aliatra: ooc And she actually hits! ;)
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:31 2009] : Dan: ooc was the Orca flanking with Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 20:11:40 2009] : DM: Aliatra slashes a deep wound in the kraken's flesh.
[Tue Feb 17 20:12:55 2009] : Kraken: The kraken squirts a cloud of black ink into the water and then jets off into the gloom at incredible speed.
[Tue Feb 17 20:13:44 2009] : Aliatra: "The coward!"
[Tue Feb 17 20:14:06 2009] : DM: ooc 1650 XP for level 11 people
[Tue Feb 17 20:14:18 2009] : DM: ooc 1200 XP for level 12 people
[Tue Feb 17 20:14:30 2009] : Dan: "Damn you, you double crosser"
[Tue Feb 17 20:15:27 2009] : Oona: *ka'chin
[Tue Feb 17 20:15:34 2009] : Dan: Dan moves back to the others
[Tue Feb 17 20:15:38 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's get moving while we still can breathe. And we'd better keep an eye out for that monster"
[Tue Feb 17 20:15:51 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Nice one, Delphine
[Tue Feb 17 20:15:59 2009] : Oona: "Indeed."
[Tue Feb 17 20:16:00 2009] : Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Feb 17 20:16:35 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 20:16
[Tue Feb 17 20:16:51 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(5) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 17 20:16:52 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 20:16
[Tue Feb 17 20:17:45 2009] : Aliatra: On her way Aliatra retrieves her bow. She nocks an arrow and keeps an eye out for the kraken
[Tue Feb 17 20:18:33 2009] : DM: It's takes you a further 20 minutes to walk to the other shore and you don't see the kraken or any other creature along the way.
[Tue Feb 17 20:19:24 2009] : Dan: "Well I'm glad that's over, but I have used my two most powerful summon spells"
[Tue Feb 17 20:19:36 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Shore? Do you mean the island?
[Tue Feb 17 20:20:06 2009] : DM: ooc islands have shores...
[Tue Feb 17 20:20:12 2009] : Dan: "Faithless and evil. Serves him right."
[Tue Feb 17 20:20:32 2009] : Dan: ooc hopefully, otherwise we'll have negotiate our way up a cliff!
[Tue Feb 17 20:20:47 2009] : Aliatra: ooc When talking about "other shore" and us being in a lake, I got confused
[Tue Feb 17 20:20:47 2009] : Oona: Oona looks a bit beat
[Tue Feb 17 20:20:50 2009] : Oona: "That thing!"
[Tue Feb 17 20:21:31 2009] : Aliatra: "Perhaps we can rest before confronting those wizards"
[Tue Feb 17 20:21:35 2009] : Dan: "Are you OK Oona?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:21:49 2009] : DM: The island is occupied by a collection of stone buildings of various sizes, the most prominent of which is a small, squat tower.
[Tue Feb 17 20:22:00 2009] : DM: The place looks deserted.
[Tue Feb 17 20:22:06 2009] : Dan: Thankfully the beast that I summoned seemed to soak up most of the Kraken's ire in that incredible attack!"
[Tue Feb 17 20:22:49 2009] : Dan: "Do you need healing before we move on?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:23:16 2009] : Aliatra: "I'll take a look at Oona and me before we get much further"
[Tue Feb 17 20:23:49 2009] : Oona: "Yes, some healing would be good." Onna shows an open wound
[Tue Feb 17 20:26:24 2009] : DM: Spellcraft checks.
[Tue Feb 17 20:26:33 2009] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:02 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [17,23] = (40)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:22 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra uses her wand on Oona's wounds
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:25 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:26 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:28 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:40 2009] : Aliatra: And on herself as well
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:56 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:57 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 20:27:58 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 17 20:28:00 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 20:28:02 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 17 20:28:04 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Feb 17 20:28:12 2009] : DM: [9d20] => [5,7,1,14,4,12,15,14,19] = (91)
[Tue Feb 17 20:29:08 2009] : DM: As you use your wand you notice something peculiar happening, sometimes the wand does not work properly and other times it emits more healing energy than it should.
[Tue Feb 17 20:29:14 2009] : Dan: "The magical balance on this island seems wrong"
[Tue Feb 17 20:29:41 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [3,21] = (24)
[Tue Feb 17 20:29:56 2009] : Aliatra: "What do you mean?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:30:11 2009] : DM: Oona isn't healed at all and you're healed by [4d8+4] => [5,3,6,5,4] = (23) + [3d8+3] => [6,1,8,3] = (18) damage.
[Tue Feb 17 20:31:10 2009] : Dan: "I'm not sure"
[Tue Feb 17 20:31:25 2009] : Dan: "What happened when you used the wand on Oona?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:31:33 2009] : Dan: "She doesn't look any better"
[Tue Feb 17 20:31:56 2009] : Oona: Oona looks at her wound and realizes it hasn't changed a bit.
[Tue Feb 17 20:31:56 2009] : Aliatra: I was not planning on healing any of us *after* getting on the island, I wanted it done before we encountered any wizards
[Tue Feb 17 20:32:06 2009] : Dan: "I think that an erratic anti-magic field is cancelling some spells"
[Tue Feb 17 20:32:10 2009] : Aliatra: ooc That was ooc by the way
[Tue Feb 17 20:32:30 2009] : Dan: "Did the wand work on yourself Oona?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:32:38 2009] : Dan: "Err, Ali"
[Tue Feb 17 20:33:02 2009] : Aliatra: ooc And if the wand didn't work as well as expected, I would have noticed pretty soon
[Tue Feb 17 20:33:19 2009] : Aliatra: "That's weird"
[Tue Feb 17 20:33:51 2009] : DM: ooc on average the wand worked fine
[Tue Feb 17 20:34:04 2009] : Dan: "It may be that it only works for the wielder, or something else"
[Tue Feb 17 20:34:19 2009] : Oona: "Looks like it didn't work on me"
[Tue Feb 17 20:35:11 2009] : Aliatra: ooc But still, we were not on the island itself when I used the wand, just very close to it. Does that make a difference?
[Tue Feb 17 20:35:36 2009] : Aliatra: "Let me try a cure spell on you"
[Tue Feb 17 20:35:55 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra chants a spell over Oona
[Tue Feb 17 20:36:03 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [5] = (5)
[Tue Feb 17 20:36:07 2009] : Dan: ooc I got the impression that we were out of the water before Ali made any suggestion of healing
[Tue Feb 17 20:36:27 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [7,2,7] = (16).
[Tue Feb 17 20:36:34 2009] : DM: The spell works fine.
[Tue Feb 17 20:36:59 2009] : Oona: Oona sees her wound heal
[Tue Feb 17 20:37:05 2009] : Oona: "This time it worked. Go figure"
[Tue Feb 17 20:37:21 2009] : Aliatra: ooc If you got that impression then I was not explicit enough, I never wanter to leave the water before healing us
[Tue Feb 17 20:37:36 2009] : Aliatra: ooc *shrug*
[Tue Feb 17 20:37:56 2009] : Oona: ooc /me doesn't know what feat to take :(
[Tue Feb 17 20:38:51 2009] : Dan: ooc the DM had already moved the narrative
[Tue Feb 17 20:39:03 2009] : Aliatra: "Are you well now or do you need more?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:39:03 2009] : DM: ooc if you don't want me to advance time to the next interesting point, don't say you're moving out.
[Tue Feb 17 20:39:36 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Sometimes the DM's fingers move faster than ours ;)
[Tue Feb 17 20:40:06 2009] : Dan: ooc it seems to have been about the same time as Hannele's last boot/rejoin
[Tue Feb 17 20:40:22 2009] : Dan: "So, that spell worked"
[Tue Feb 17 20:40:30 2009] : Dan: "Maybe it's a flux then"
[Tue Feb 17 20:40:46 2009] : Dan: "A chance of spell failure"
[Tue Feb 17 20:40:49 2009] : Aliatra: ooc That might explain the confusion
[Tue Feb 17 20:41:23 2009] : Aliatra: "Or magical devices might be more influenced than cast spells, or ... "
[Tue Feb 17 20:41:27 2009] : Dan: ooc that almost never happens at a DnD meet ;-)
[Tue Feb 17 20:42:22 2009] : Dan: "Well, we shall see"
[Tue Feb 17 20:42:28 2009] : DM: ooc on the plus side you found out about the dodgy magic early.
[Tue Feb 17 20:42:45 2009] : Dan: "If we're done healing, let's see what's on this island"
[Tue Feb 17 20:43:01 2009] : DM: *POP* *crackle* *Crrrrreak*
[Tue Feb 17 20:43:05 2009] : Oona: "Right"
[Tue Feb 17 20:43:05 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@DM
[Tue Feb 17 20:43:52 2009] : DM: A previously innocent looking dandelion has sudden sprouted into a huge, fearsome looking plant about 10 ft tall and with huge, toothed mouths.
[Tue Feb 17 20:43:53 2009] : Aliatra: "And let's be careful about using magic, this time it just failed but what if it turns desastrously wrong next time?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:44:41 2009] : DM: It snaps it's mouth shut and strains eagerly towards you.
[Tue Feb 17 20:44:48 2009] : Dan: ooc phone
[Tue Feb 17 20:45:00 2009] : Aliatra: ooc With lion's teeth? (Dandelion: dentes de lion: lion's teeth. Random knowledge courtesy of Mastermind)
[Tue Feb 17 20:45:48 2009] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Feb 17 20:45:52 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, this could be interesting for me with this weird antimagic field"
[Tue Feb 17 20:45:57 2009] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Tue Feb 17 20:45:59 2009] : DM: [1d20+0] => [11,0] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 20:46:00 2009] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Feb 17 20:46:11 2009] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Tue Feb 17 20:46:15 2009] : DM: Knowledge: nature
[Tue Feb 17 20:46:31 2009] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 20:46:47 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20)
[Tue Feb 17 20:47:00 2009] : Aliatra: "Fearsome looking plant that"
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:04 2009] : Dan: "indeed, It's an abomination"
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:26 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra grabs her sword and grins, bearing all her teeth
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:30 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:38 2009] : Aliatra: "Time for some weeding"
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:48 2009] : Oona: Oona nocks an arrow and shoots
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:54 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:54 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Feb 17 20:48:55 2009] : Dan: "It's a greenvise, a badder, meaner cousin to the venus fly trap. They can emit a substantial cloud of acidic vapour"
[Tue Feb 17 20:49:06 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 20:49:29 2009] : DM: Oona's arrows strike true.
[Tue Feb 17 20:49:34 2009] : Dan: ooc How have you never upgraded that bow??
[Tue Feb 17 20:49:39 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 20:49:50 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 20:49
[Tue Feb 17 20:50:04 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(7) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 17 20:50:05 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 20:50
[Tue Feb 17 20:50:15 2009] : Oona: ooc because I never got the chance to do so?
[Tue Feb 17 20:50:34 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 20:51:34 2009] : Dan: ooc Now I can't buy that - we've all upgraded our armour and weapons
[Tue Feb 17 20:52:14 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra strikes at the weed
[Tue Feb 17 20:52:19 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [4,16] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,1,6] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 20:52:19 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,5,6] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 20:52:41 2009] : Aliatra: And done
[Tue Feb 17 20:52:53 2009] : DM: You can't reach it, even if you charge.
[Tue Feb 17 20:53:32 2009] : Oona: ooc I've upgraded my armour and bought things that make more sense than upgrading my bow.
[Tue Feb 17 20:53:37 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Ah, I could not see it but thought I just had a problem with the map
[Tue Feb 17 20:53:51 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra runs towards the weed
[Tue Feb 17 20:54:21 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 17 20:54:49 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry about the delay, Vista is drivng me and my laptop crazy
[Tue Feb 17 20:55:03 2009] : Dan: ooc so install another OS?
[Tue Feb 17 20:55:26 2009] : DM: The greenvise belches out a cloud of brown, acidic fog in a area around it.
[Tue Feb 17 20:56:20 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I would have to buy one then
[Tue Feb 17 20:56:57 2009] : DM: Take [3d8] => [3,1,6] = (10) acid damage Aliatra.
[Tue Feb 17 20:57:29 2009] : Dan: "oona, do you have acid resistance in any way?"
[Tue Feb 17 20:57:34 2009] : DM: The cloud of vapour is so thick you can barely see through it -- visibility is reduced to 5ft.
[Tue Feb 17 20:57:58 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 17 20:58:07 2009] : Oona: ooc I think I have the ring of acid resistance yes.
[Tue Feb 17 20:58:34 2009] : Oona: "Yes, this ring works against acid. But i've never tried it against the real thing"
[Tue Feb 17 20:58:35 2009] : Dan: Dan waits for an answer
[Tue Feb 17 20:58:42 2009] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Feb 17 20:58:56 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Resist Energy (level 2): Subject ignores first 30 points of damage from selected energy type (Duration - 10 minutes/level)
[Tue Feb 17 20:59:03 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [7] = (7)
[Tue Feb 17 20:59:07 2009] : Dan: On himself
[Tue Feb 17 20:59:11 2009] : DM: The spell succeeds.
[Tue Feb 17 21:00:00 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 21:00:18 2009] : Dan: ooc sorry, I moved in
[Tue Feb 17 21:00:23 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:03 2009] : Oona: Oona tries her luck again with her bow
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:04 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:05 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:21 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:53 2009] : DM: You can't see where you aiming but you aim where you saw it last.
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:58 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [11] = (11), [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue Feb 17 21:01:59 2009] : Dan: ooc hmm, never thought about where I was putting myself
[Tue Feb 17 21:02:14 2009] : DM: You hear two thunks as your arrows hit.
[Tue Feb 17 21:02:16 2009] : Oona: ooc I knew I had overlooked the fact that this was dark :)
[Tue Feb 17 21:03:07 2009] : DM: Aliatra, you can just make out the greenvise's shape through the fog.
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:04 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra raises her sword above her head before connecting it with the plant
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:06 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [7,16] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,2,6] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:06 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,6,6] = (16)
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:22 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I also have the blindfight feat
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:31 2009] : DM: Ooo.
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:36 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:37 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:42 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:43 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:57 2009] : Aliatra: As she lowers her sword she coughs some of the acid out and glowers at the weed
[Tue Feb 17 21:04:59 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 17 21:05:13 2009] : DM: The fog obscures your vision and your first strike misses, but the second connects with a woody stem.
[Tue Feb 17 21:05:40 2009] : DM: The green vise chomps down on Aliatra.
[Tue Feb 17 21:06:39 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [18,16] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [2,1,9] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 21:06:40 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [1,4,9] = (14)
[Tue Feb 17 21:06:40 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [18,16] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [2,1,9] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 21:06:41 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [3,1,9] = (13)
[Tue Feb 17 21:06:44 2009] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+11] => [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 21:06:50 2009] : DM: ooc ouch!
[Tue Feb 17 21:07:26 2009] : DM: 51 damage total as you're slammed by the heavy leaves of the plant.
[Tue Feb 17 21:08:04 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks wounded but still strong
[Tue Feb 17 21:08:08 2009] : DM: Dan? The fog makes moving slow and you cannot see the plant. Listen check.
[Tue Feb 17 21:08:18 2009] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 21:08:31 2009] : DM: You can't pin point where the fight is.
[Tue Feb 17 21:08:54 2009] : Dan: Not knowing what to do, Dan steps back to where he started
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:03 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:10 2009] : Dan: "I can't see a thing in there"
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:14 2009] : Dan: brb
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:19 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:36 2009] : Oona: Oona tries to guide herself with sound, moving towards where she thinks the plant is
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:44 2009] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
[Tue Feb 17 21:09:55 2009] : Oona: +1 I haven't updated yet, but I'm adding +1 :P
[Tue Feb 17 21:10:20 2009] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow and gets ready to take her swords out
[Tue Feb 17 21:10:32 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 21:11:16 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 17 21:11:36 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back to take care of her wounds
[Tue Feb 17 21:11:48 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [1,6,7] = (14).
[Tue Feb 17 21:11:57 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [8] = (8)
[Tue Feb 17 21:12:00 2009] : DM: Okay
[Tue Feb 17 21:12:12 2009] : DM: Defensively? The plant has reach
[Tue Feb 17 21:12:27 2009] : Aliatra: Yes, defensively
[Tue Feb 17 21:12:40 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 17 21:12:49 2009] : DM: ooc concentration check
[Tue Feb 17 21:13:00 2009] : Aliatra: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Feb 17 21:13:35 2009] : DM: success.
[Tue Feb 17 21:13:56 2009] : DM: The plant attacks Aliatra again
[Tue Feb 17 21:13:58 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [2,4,9] = (15)
[Tue Feb 17 21:13:59 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [13,16] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [1,2,9] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 21:14:00 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [4,4,9] = (17)
[Tue Feb 17 21:14:00 2009] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [4d4+18] => [2,2,3,2,18] = (27)
[Tue Feb 17 21:14:03 2009] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+16] => [7,16] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d4+9] => [1,3,9] = (13)
[Tue Feb 17 21:14:08 2009] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Feb 17 21:14:45 2009] : DM: 54 damage and [3d8] => [8,6,2] = (16) from the acid cloud.
[Tue Feb 17 21:15:00 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 17 21:15:52 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra falls down, her body a bloody mess
[Tue Feb 17 21:15:57 2009] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster VI - Bralani Eladrin (Medium outsider): 64hp; alternate form, damage reduction 10/Cold iron or evil, immunity to electricity and petrification, resistance to cold 10 and fire 10, tongues; AC= 20 (16 FF, 14 Touch); SR=17; Darkvision 60 ft; Speed 40ft (walk) 100ft (fly, perfect); Blind fight
[Tue Feb 17 21:16:08 2009] : Dan: Summoned Bralani Casts: Gust of wind (innate): Blows away or knocks down smaller creatures. (Fort save DC: 15; dur: 1 roundl)
[Tue Feb 17 21:16:30 2009] : Dan:

[Tue Feb 17 21:16:43 2009] : Dan: ooc oops
[Tue Feb 17 21:17:02 2009] : Dan: ooc Does the fog clear?"
[Tue Feb 17 21:17:05 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [6] = (6)
[Tue Feb 17 21:17:13 2009] : DM: The fog cloud is blown away.
[Tue Feb 17 21:17:27 2009] : Dan: "Thank the gods!"
[Tue Feb 17 21:17:33 2009] : DM: You see Aliatra, lying on the ground.
[Tue Feb 17 21:18:04 2009] : Dan: Dan moves then casts
[Tue Feb 17 21:18:12 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Cone of Cold (level 5): Drains a 60ft cone of heat dealing [12d6] => [5,1,5,5,5,1,1,1,3,1,5,4] = (37) cold damage (Reflex save DC 21 for half damage) to all in the cone.
[Tue Feb 17 21:18:20 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 17 21:18:41 2009] : Oona: ooc it is a cone of cold or a cone of heat? :D
[Tue Feb 17 21:19:05 2009] : Oona: ooc I am in the cone aren't I?
[Tue Feb 17 21:19:14 2009] : Dan: ooc no
[Tue Feb 17 21:19:18 2009] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Feb 17 21:19:44 2009] : Dan: ooc like that
[Tue Feb 17 21:19:51 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 17 21:19:55 2009] : Oona: ooc sounds good :)
[Tue Feb 17 21:20:24 2009] : Oona: ooc does the plant look hurt?
[Tue Feb 17 21:20:38 2009] : DM: The plant looks severly damaged.
[Tue Feb 17 21:21:38 2009] : Oona: Oona advances as she draws her swords and attacks.
[Tue Feb 17 21:21:46 2009] : Dan: ooc it's lucky that I had a bunch of summon 6 spells memorised for fighting the Kraken!
[Tue Feb 17 21:21:59 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 21:21
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:01 2009] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+4+1d6] => [6,4,1] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:02 2009] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+4+1d6] => [5,4,2] = (11)
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:17 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: [1d6] => [4] = (4) cold damage
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:22 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:45 2009] : Oona: ooc using dodge
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:47 2009] : DM: The plant keels over slowly and dies.
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:48 2009] : Oona: ooc btw
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:52 2009] : Oona: ooc just in case.
[Tue Feb 17 21:22:55 2009] : Oona: phew.
[Tue Feb 17 21:23:04 2009] : Oona: ooc I was wondering if I should take Ali out
[Tue Feb 17 21:23:09 2009] : Oona: ooc or just try and kill it :/
[Tue Feb 17 21:23:35 2009] : DM: ooc Aliatra, you did have a fate point left, right?
[Tue Feb 17 21:23:45 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 21:23
[Tue Feb 17 21:23:56 2009] : DM: ooc Aliatra, you did have a fate point left, right?
[Tue Feb 17 21:24:22 2009] : DM: ooc 600 XP each
[Tue Feb 17 21:24:24 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(8) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 17 21:24:25 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 21:24
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:20 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(9) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:21 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 21:25
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:22 2009] : Dan (enter): 21:25
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:35 2009] : Dan: Booting '(2) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:36 2009] : Dan (exit): 21:25
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:44 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Did anything happen since I fell down?
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:53 2009] : Oona: ooc, yeah we killed the plant :)
[Tue Feb 17 21:25:54 2009] : Dan: ooc I think the minis did for me
[Tue Feb 17 21:26:20 2009] : Dan: The Bralani moves to Ali...
[Tue Feb 17 21:26:26 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra is still on the ground, her body beaten to a bloody pulp
[Tue Feb 17 21:26:33 2009] : Dan: Summoned Bralani Casts: Cure Serious Wounds (innate): Cures [3d8+6] => [4,6,6,6] = (22) damage
[Tue Feb 17 21:26:37 2009] : DM: ooc Aliatra, you did have a fate point left, right?
[Tue Feb 17 21:26:48 2009] : Aliatra: No difference
[Tue Feb 17 21:26:59 2009] : Aliatra: I think so, let me check
[Tue Feb 17 21:27:24 2009] : Oona: ooc how many do we have? 2 or 3?
[Tue Feb 17 21:27:32 2009] : Aliatra: 2 even :-D
[Tue Feb 17 21:27:50 2009] : DM: ooc 2 at 1st level + 1 extra at 4th, 8th and 12th (etc) levels
[Tue Feb 17 21:27:50 2009] : Dan: ooc you start with 2 and get 1 every 4 levels
[Tue Feb 17 21:28:12 2009] : DM: ooc 600 XP for the plant
[Tue Feb 17 21:28:14 2009] : Dan: ooc I have 2 as I have died 3 times :-P
[Tue Feb 17 21:28:22 2009] : Dan: [1d20] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Feb 17 21:28:49 2009] : Dan: ooc you are at -9HP Ali, plus whatever the 22 equals if it surged??
[Tue Feb 17 21:28:58 2009] : DM: The bralani cures [3d8+5] => [2,6,7,5] = (20)
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:10 2009] : Oona: ooc so I have like... many fate points. Or something.
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:17 2009] : Dan: ooc probably Del
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:28 2009] : Oona: ooc Oona never dies :/
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:34 2009] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:45 2009] : Dan: The Bralani casts again
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:49 2009] : Dan: Summoned Bralani Casts: Cure Serious Wounds (innate): Cures [3d8+6] => [7,3,1,6] = (17) damage
[Tue Feb 17 21:29:53 2009] : Dan: [1d20] => [5] = (5)
[Tue Feb 17 21:30:00 2009] : DM: fine
[Tue Feb 17 21:30:21 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens her eyes and sits up
[Tue Feb 17 21:30:22 2009] : DM: ooc not sure I like my erratic magic rule.
[Tue Feb 17 21:30:40 2009] : Dan: Dan thanks the Bralani and dismisses him
[Tue Feb 17 21:30:43 2009] : Aliatra: "That was close, I thought I'd die"
[Tue Feb 17 21:30:58 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL @ DM
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:14 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Were that 3 or 3 cures?
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:16 2009] : Dan: ooc how did the reroll of the cure work?
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:25 2009] : DM: ooc -1 to caster level
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:30 2009] : Dan: ooc ah
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:35 2009] : Aliatra: ooc 2 or 3 (FFS)
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:41 2009] : DM: ooc 2
[Tue Feb 17 21:31:58 2009] : Dan: ooc one at 20, the other at 17?
[Tue Feb 17 21:32:06 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 17 21:32:25 2009] : DM: ooc It's not a big enough effect. Oh well.
[Tue Feb 17 21:32:33 2009] : Dan: "Useful fellows those Eladrin"
[Tue Feb 17 21:33:21 2009] : Aliatra: "Powerful and ... powerful"
[Tue Feb 17 21:34:01 2009] : Oona: "Yes."
[Tue Feb 17 21:34:12 2009] : Oona: 3but I can't believe we almost got gutted by a ... plant"
[Tue Feb 17 21:34:14 2009] : Aliatra: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Feb 17 21:34:16 2009] : Dan: ooc not bad to get two level 3 cleric spells plus whatever gust of wind is out of a level 6 spell
[Tue Feb 17 21:34:22 2009] : Oona: "When we actually got out alive of this kraken business"
[Tue Feb 17 21:34:53 2009] : Dan: "Yes, it seems Ali was almost beyond the veil there"
[Tue Feb 17 21:35:27 2009] : Dan: "And I'm sure though you may indeed want to go down fighting Ali, it wouldn't be your choice to be dispatched by a plant!"
[Tue Feb 17 21:35:43 2009] : Aliatra: "I prefer not to think about that, I'm way too young and beautiful to die"
[Tue Feb 17 21:36:03 2009] : Dan: "Young indeed by my standards"
[Tue Feb 17 21:36:21 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins at the elf
[Tue Feb 17 21:36:40 2009] : Aliatra: "What do we do now?"
[Tue Feb 17 21:37:58 2009] : Dan: "Avoid killer plants at every chance"
[Tue Feb 17 21:38:19 2009] : Dan: "Let's be careful and look into the buildings"
[Tue Feb 17 21:39:07 2009] : Aliatra: "Very careful please, I'm not as fit as I was this morning"
[Tue Feb 17 21:39:29 2009] : Dan: "If you are not too good, perhaps we should rest up?"
[Tue Feb 17 21:39:54 2009] : Oona: "We might do that, but it wouldn't hur to try and see what's around here before we go on about sleeping"
[Tue Feb 17 21:40:03 2009] : Oona: "I could try and scout some"
[Tue Feb 17 21:41:11 2009] : Dan: "It's still early morning, so let's proceed, but just very cautiously"
[Tue Feb 17 21:41:31 2009] : Dan: "I hate it when we get in fights so early in the morning!"
[Tue Feb 17 21:41:54 2009] : Dan: "Oona, you should do what you do best"
[Tue Feb 17 21:42:03 2009] : Aliatra: "You and me both, Dan, but Adrin loves a fight any time of the day or night"
[Tue Feb 17 21:42:41 2009] : Oona: ooc what's thelay of the land, roughly?
[Tue Feb 17 21:43:14 2009] : DM: ooc I'll do a rough sketch
[Tue Feb 17 21:44:26 2009] : DM: Three rectangular builds, one round tower and the stone portal circle.
[Tue Feb 17 21:45:02 2009] : Oona: ok, where are we?
[Tue Feb 17 21:46:25 2009] : Oona: ooc test
[Tue Feb 17 21:46:52 2009] : DM: ooc map is not very to scale.
[Tue Feb 17 21:47:06 2009] : Oona: doesn't matter.
[Tue Feb 17 21:47:38 2009] : Oona: Oona starts out and keeps to the shadows, listening, looking and hiding all at the same time
[Tue Feb 17 21:48:26 2009] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [4,20] = (24)
[Tue Feb 17 21:48:29 2009] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [20,20] = (40)
[Tue Feb 17 21:48:31 2009] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [8,16] = (24)
[Tue Feb 17 21:48:35 2009] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [11,15] = (26)
[Tue Feb 17 21:48:45 2009] : DM: It seems quiet, in the centre of the island, there's the remains of a bonfire.
[Tue Feb 17 21:48:55 2009] : Oona: "I'm just on the lookout for any sign of life"
[Tue Feb 17 21:49:12 2009] : Oona: ooc "I'm just on the lookout for any sign of life
[Tue Feb 17 21:49:31 2009] : DM: You hear something banging in the tower.
[Tue Feb 17 21:50:18 2009] : Oona: Oona hears something in the twoer but continues her scouting
[Tue Feb 17 21:50:34 2009] : DM: Other than the noises in the tower the place seems deserted. The rectangular building seem to be living, kitchen and storage buildings.
[Tue Feb 17 21:50:51 2009] : DM: The tower must be where the magical research is or was conducted.
[Tue Feb 17 21:50:57 2009] : Oona: And gets back to her friends
[Tue Feb 17 21:51:10 2009] : Oona: Oona tells them what she's seeen and made of the place
[Tue Feb 17 21:51:18 2009] : Oona: "I guess there are two things to look at."
[Tue Feb 17 21:51:26 2009] : Oona: "One, if the bonfire is old or new"
[Tue Feb 17 21:51:31 2009] : Oona: "Second, what is in that tower"
[Tue Feb 17 21:52:00 2009] : Aliatra: "Where is everybody?"
[Tue Feb 17 21:54:36 2009] : Dan: "I think that they left"
[Tue Feb 17 21:54:46 2009] : Dan: "The other wizard told us that I think"
[Tue Feb 17 21:55:50 2009] : Aliatra: "But thet left residual magic that might kill us yet"
[Tue Feb 17 21:55:55 2009] : Aliatra: they
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:18 2009] : Dan: "Well, that may also be true"
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:30 2009] : Oona: "Maybe they left prisoners?"
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:37 2009] : Dan: "Not a lot we can do about that if we intend to investigate"
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:42 2009] : Oona: "I didn't stay long enough to make out what was in that tower"
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:50 2009] : Oona: "I didn't feel like doing ti alone"
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:52 2009] : Dan: "Or a slave they didn't care about"
[Tue Feb 17 21:56:54 2009] : Oona: "Let us go back"
[Tue Feb 17 21:57:05 2009] : Oona: Oona leads the way
[Tue Feb 17 21:57:07 2009] : Dan: "If you think it's safe, let's go"
[Tue Feb 17 21:57:23 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows Oona
[Tue Feb 17 21:57:36 2009] : Oona: OOna leads the way behind the buildings to the tower
[Tue Feb 17 21:57:54 2009] : Oona: There, she goes to where the sound is the loudest
[Tue Feb 17 21:58:00 2009] : Oona: and listens
[Tue Feb 17 21:58:03 2009] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [15,15] = (30)
[Tue Feb 17 21:58:54 2009] : DM: Sounds like several things moving around behind the door, scraps and knocking noises.
[Tue Feb 17 21:59:09 2009] : DM: The ground floor of the tower has no windows.
[Tue Feb 17 22:00:10 2009] : Oona: Oona goes to the door and searches it for traces of magic or traps
[Tue Feb 17 22:00:21 2009] : Oona: using her goggles
[Tue Feb 17 22:00:23 2009] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [17,17] = (34)
[Tue Feb 17 22:00:57 2009] : DM: There are magical traps in the door but they're disarmed and inactive.
[Tue Feb 17 22:01:17 2009] : Oona: "No active traps here, as far as I can tell"
[Tue Feb 17 22:01:41 2009] : Aliatra: "Any idea what's behind that door?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:01:49 2009] : Oona: Oona exmaines the lock, trying to find out if the door is locked and if yes, how to open it
[Tue Feb 17 22:01:55 2009] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [15,17] = (32)
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:05 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, perhaps they were just suppressed by the fluctuating antimagic field"
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:06 2009] : Oona: "No, none"
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:15 2009] : Oona: Oona puts her ear to the door
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:19 2009] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25)
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:23 2009] : DM: The door is unlocked.
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:40 2009] : Oona: ooc trying to recognize the sounds
[Tue Feb 17 22:02:54 2009] : DM: Sounds like furniture being moving around.
[Tue Feb 17 22:03:17 2009] : Oona: "So here we are. There seem to be people in that tower pmoving furniture around"
[Tue Feb 17 22:03:20 2009] : Oona: "Strange"
[Tue Feb 17 22:03:30 2009] : Oona: Oona steps back from the door
[Tue Feb 17 22:04:08 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's be careful though"
[Tue Feb 17 22:04:14 2009] : Dan: "Unless they are barricading the door, it seems like an odd pastime"!
[Tue Feb 17 22:04:30 2009] : Aliatra: "Do we knock or just barge in?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:04:52 2009] : Dan: "They probably know that we're here, so we may as well be polite"
[Tue Feb 17 22:06:08 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra knocks, but her hand never strays far from her sword
[Tue Feb 17 22:06:27 2009] : DM: The noises stop.
[Tue Feb 17 22:06:46 2009] : Dan: As usual, Dan stands holdign his staff, glad that it will help defend him"
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:43 2009] : Dan: "Hello in there?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:48 2009] : Aliatra: "Hello?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:49 2009] : DM: Nothing else happens and noone replies.
[Tue Feb 17 22:08:07 2009] : Dan: "We were wondering if you might have a kettle and some tea?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:08:15 2009] : Dan: "Shall we enter?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:09:36 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's"
[Tue Feb 17 22:10:06 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door and steps back to look inside before entering
[Tue Feb 17 22:10:12 2009] : Oona: "Oona readies her swords as she stands at the door's side
[Tue Feb 17 22:10:32 2009] : Oona: ooc I'll hide behind the door frame as the others open the door
[Tue Feb 17 22:10:47 2009] : DM: The animated table and chair set that was stood watching the door shuffles back slightly as you open the door.
[Tue Feb 17 22:11:04 2009] : DM: The furniture watches you unthreateningly.
[Tue Feb 17 22:11:27 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, animated furniture"
[Tue Feb 17 22:11:35 2009] : Dan: "Reminds me of a fairy story"
[Tue Feb 17 22:11:45 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Do we even see the furniture is animated?
[Tue Feb 17 22:11:55 2009] : Aliatra: ooc OK, shuffles back
[Tue Feb 17 22:12:05 2009] : Dan: "As long as they don't break into song we might be OK"
[Tue Feb 17 22:12:09 2009] : Aliatra: "Are they dangerous?"
[Tue Feb 17 22:12:21 2009] : Dan: "They could be"
[Tue Feb 17 22:12:26 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Song? Please, gods, no
[Tue Feb 17 22:12:35 2009] : Dan: "Depends if they attack I guess"
[Tue Feb 17 22:13:16 2009] : ** Dan can't help but think off Disney's Beauty and the Beast **
[Tue Feb 17 22:13:33 2009] : Dan: ooc umm, meant to do that ooc, not as Dan thinks it
[Tue Feb 17 22:13:59 2009] : DM: They don't look like they'll attack, and if they did they'd be kindling in moments.
[Tue Feb 17 22:14:02 2009] : Oona: ooc me too!
[Tue Feb 17 22:14:35 2009] : Aliatra: ooc That wasn't much of a stretch, now was it?
[Tue Feb 17 22:14:43 2009] : Oona: ooc /me sees the little teapot scuttling away
[Tue Feb 17 22:14:53 2009] : Aliatra: "They don't look dangerous"
[Tue Feb 17 22:15:06 2009] : Dan: "OK, let's go in"
[Tue Feb 17 22:15:07 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks apprehensive
[Tue Feb 17 22:15:33 2009] : Dan: "I wonder if this is something the wizards did, or more random magig breakthrough"
[Tue Feb 17 22:16:43 2009] : DM: There are stairs leading up
[Tue Feb 17 22:16:44 2009] : Aliatra: "After what we've seen, I doubt that the wizards know what they were doing, at least some part of the time"
[Tue Feb 17 22:17:12 2009] : Dan: "Let's head straight up the stairs, the furniture may not have mastered them yet"
[Tue Feb 17 22:17:23 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's see if we can find something about that anti magic thingy in town and how to work the portal"
[Tue Feb 17 22:19:11 2009] : Dan: ooc guys, I'm gonna have to go soon
[Tue Feb 17 22:19:17 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra heads for the stairs, keeping an eye on the furniture
[Tue Feb 17 22:19:18 2009] : DM: GAME END

[img]
Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Top