Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Feb 3 19:49:08 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 3 19:49:48 2009] : DM: Your on your way to the location of the wizard's research outpost where you've been told they've been conduction research into anti-magic and dispelling.
[Tue Feb 3 19:50:32 2009] : DM: You've just killed some magical constructions: two bronze serpents.
[Tue Feb 3 19:51:24 2009] : DM: You're about 5 miles from the outpost which is just over the next low hill.
[Tue Feb 3 19:52:15 2009] : Adrin: "So do you think whoever is at this outpost is going to be friendly?"
[Tue Feb 3 19:52:35 2009] : Dan: "I don't think so Adrin, but you never know"
[Tue Feb 3 19:53:44 2009] : Aliatra: "That was nasty. Asmerdyas was easier to take out"
[Tue Feb 3 19:55:01 2009] : Dan: "Well, we'll have to wait and see, but I somehow doubt that life is going to get easier"
[Tue Feb 3 19:55:31 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Feb 3 19:55:33 2009] : Dan: "And against Asmerdyas, we had made preparations, so things went slightly easier than they would normally"
[Tue Feb 3 19:55:44 2009] : Aliatra: "Who needs an easy life?"
[Tue Feb 3 19:55:53 2009] : DM: ooc some of these creatures are weird...
[Tue Feb 3 19:55:57 2009] : DM: Spot check
[Tue Feb 3 19:56:06 2009] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Feb 3 19:56:27 2009] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10)
[Tue Feb 3 19:56:41 2009] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Feb 3 19:57:42 2009] : DM: Dan spots a strange serpentine creature zooming up from over the ridge about 150 ft away.
[Tue Feb 3 19:58:04 2009] : DM: ooc Knowledge: planes
[Tue Feb 3 19:58:05 2009] : Dan: "There's somthing coming"
[Tue Feb 3 19:58:08 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [11,21] = (32)
[Tue Feb 3 19:58:15 2009] : Adrin: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Feb 3 19:58:46 2009] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [2,12] = (14)
[Tue Feb 3 19:59:04 2009] : Aliatra: "Where?"
[Tue Feb 3 19:59:06 2009] : DM: It's grey and smooth a flys in a sinuous motion with no wings or other limbs except for a single clawed arm that juts forward near its head.
[Tue Feb 3 19:59:31 2009] : Adrin: ooc as you said, wierd
[Tue Feb 3 19:59:36 2009] : DM: You all see the creature. (but only Dan gets a surprise round)
[Tue Feb 3 19:59:39 2009] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Feb 3 20:00:03 2009] : Aliatra: "what the ..."
[Tue Feb 3 20:00:28 2009] : Dan: Dan furrows his brow as he tries to think what the creature is
[Tue Feb 3 20:01:05 2009] : DM: It's a ravid from the positive energy plane, it's immune to fire, and can attack with a burst positive energy which would be bad if any of your were undead.
[Tue Feb 3 20:01:32 2009] : DM: They've been known to animate objects and use them to attack.
[Tue Feb 3 20:01:42 2009] : Dan: Dan quickly describes the creature
[Tue Feb 3 20:01:54 2009] : Dan: ooc positive as in usually good aligned?
[Tue Feb 3 20:02:10 2009] : DM: Dan, this ravid looks significantly larger than you would expect which is just as well as riding on it's back is a wizard.
[Tue Feb 3 20:02:47 2009] : DM: ooc alignment: always neutral.
[Tue Feb 3 20:02:52 2009] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Feb 3 20:03:00 2009] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Feb 3 20:03:09 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Feb 3 20:03:10 2009] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Feb 3 20:03:20 2009] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25)
[Tue Feb 3 20:03:55 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra nocks an arrow as she watches the creature
[Tue Feb 3 20:04:02 2009] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14)
[Tue Feb 3 20:04:42 2009] : Aliatra: "How about we don't attack until we know we need to?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:05:02 2009] : Oona: Oona puts her hand in her back reaching for her quiver
[Tue Feb 3 20:05:09 2009] : Adrin: "You know, I think I agree"
[Tue Feb 3 20:05:26 2009] : Dan: Dan waits
[Tue Feb 3 20:05:55 2009] : Adrin: Adrin draws his sword, but keeps it lowered, cautiously
[Tue Feb 3 20:06:30 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra waits, weapon loaded but aiming at the ground for now
[Tue Feb 3 20:07:37 2009] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Feb 3 20:07:54 2009] : DM: ooc [2d8] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 3 20:09:41 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 20:09
[Tue Feb 3 20:09:42 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 20:09
[Tue Feb 3 20:09:43 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 20:09
[Tue Feb 3 20:10:09 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(5) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 3 20:10:10 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 20:10
[Tue Feb 3 20:10:54 2009] : Oona: pling
[Tue Feb 3 20:10:57 2009] : Oona: plong
[Tue Feb 3 20:10:59 2009] : Oona: pong
[Tue Feb 3 20:11:05 2009] : Adrin: ooc plop
[Tue Feb 3 20:11:11 2009] : Dan (enter): 20:11
[Tue Feb 3 20:11:20 2009] : Dan: Booting '(4) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 3 20:11:22 2009] : Dan (exit): 20:11
[Tue Feb 3 20:11:54 2009] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Feb 3 20:12:08 2009] : Dan: ooc Umm, what did I miss
[Tue Feb 3 20:12:11 2009] : Dan: ooc ?
[Tue Feb 3 20:12:27 2009] : DM: ooc Nothing
[Tue Feb 3 20:13:07 2009] : Dan: Dan waits
[Tue Feb 3 20:13:23 2009] : Dan: Done - presumably the surprise round?
[Tue Feb 3 20:14:23 2009] : DM: The wizard, who is wearing red robes opens with a fireball.
[Tue Feb 3 20:14:36 2009] : DM: Reflex saves (and for the horses)
[Tue Feb 3 20:14:48 2009] : Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10)
[Tue Feb 3 20:14:52 2009] : Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14)
[Tue Feb 3 20:14:56 2009] : Dan: Fleetfoot: Reflex [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
[Tue Feb 3 20:15:06 2009] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30)
[Tue Feb 3 20:15:07 2009] : Aliatra: Thunder: Reflex [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Feb 3 20:15:20 2009] : Adrin: ooc am I the only one without a node for his horse?
[Tue Feb 3 20:15:30 2009] : DM: Fireball: [10d6] => [2,3,3,2,2,6,1,1,4,6] = (30)
[Tue Feb 3 20:15:47 2009] : Adrin: ooc ty
[Tue Feb 3 20:16:14 2009] : Adrin: Plodder: Reflex [1d20+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Feb 3 20:16:19 2009] : DM: Adrin and Aliatra take 30 damage, Dan and Aliatra and their horses 15.
[Tue Feb 3 20:16:32 2009] : DM: Adrin's horse is probably barbequed: 30 damage.
[Tue Feb 3 20:16:44 2009] : Oona: ooc so much for the new horses...
[Tue Feb 3 20:16:51 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 3 20:16:54 2009] : Dan: Most of the flames disappear into Dan's robes
[Tue Feb 3 20:17:11 2009] : Adrin: ooc probably wouldn't have lasted til the end anyway
[Tue Feb 3 20:17:51 2009] : Adrin: Adrin ring glows briefly
[Tue Feb 3 20:17:56 2009] : Adrin: ooc no sniggering!
[Tue Feb 3 20:17:59 2009] : Aliatra: "So much for waiting, let him have it"
[Tue Feb 3 20:18:20 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra aims at the wizard and shoots an arrow at him
[Tue Feb 3 20:18:27 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (base): [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Feb 3 20:18:27 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (second): [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Feb 3 20:18:36 2009] : Aliatra: ooc or 2
[Tue Feb 3 20:19:01 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 3 20:19:10 2009] : DM: Your arrows strike true.
[Tue Feb 3 20:19:46 2009] : Oona: ooc so far away?
[Tue Feb 3 20:20:16 2009] : DM: ooc it's only -1 for being more than 100 ft.
[Tue Feb 3 20:20:22 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 3 20:20:33 2009] : Oona: ooc 160 ft away, I'm not even trying my shortbow... or am I,
[Tue Feb 3 20:20:36 2009] : Oona: ooc ?
[Tue Feb 3 20:20:48 2009] : DM: ooc -2
[Tue Feb 3 20:20:54 2009] : Oona: Oona nocks an arrow and wonders if she is going to reach the target
[Tue Feb 3 20:21:04 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [11,16] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Feb 3 20:21:04 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [17,11] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Feb 3 20:21:46 2009] : DM: Your arrows also hit
[Tue Feb 3 20:22:11 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 3 20:22:13 2009] : Oona: Oona looks around to see if there are bushes or boulders behind which she can hide.
[Tue Feb 3 20:22:13 2009] : Oona: done
[Tue Feb 3 20:22:29 2009] : Adrin: Delay action. Waiting til I think I can get in melee
[Tue Feb 3 20:22:59 2009] : Adrin: ooc last time swapped sword for bow it was about 5 rounds til could attack properly
[Tue Feb 3 20:23:11 2009] : DM: There are bushes along side the trackway.
[Tue Feb 3 20:23:44 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 3 20:23:45 2009] : Adrin: ooc how far away?
[Tue Feb 3 20:24:01 2009] : Dan: "Ali, Adrin - with me - he won't be expecting you to suddenly attack in melee"
[Tue Feb 3 20:24:05 2009] : Dan: Dan eyes the distance and casts...
[Tue Feb 3 20:24:14 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dimension Door (level 4): Teleports caster a short distance (Range 400ft + 40ft/level)
[Tue Feb 3 20:24:29 2009] : Adrin: ooc how high off the ground is it?
[Tue Feb 3 20:24:51 2009] : DM: The ravid is flying only 5 ft above the ground.
[Tue Feb 3 20:24:55 2009] : Dan: ooc Ah, crap - forgot about the horses!
[Tue Feb 3 20:25:12 2009] : DM: ooc is yours still alive?
[Tue Feb 3 20:25:23 2009] : Dan: Dan dismounts then casts
[Tue Feb 3 20:25:34 2009] : Dan: Dan drags Adrin, who is readied through
[Tue Feb 3 20:25:41 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra runs over to Dan
[Tue Feb 3 20:25:55 2009] : DM: ooc wait your turn.
[Tue Feb 3 20:26:15 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry, just signalling in advance, really
[Tue Feb 3 20:26:25 2009] : Adrin: ooc can I take my turn now?
[Tue Feb 3 20:26:35 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:02 2009] : Dan: ooc I think it will have closed Ali
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:09 2009] : Adrin: Adrin steps forward and attacks with all his furious might
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:14 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+21] => [10,21] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [1,3,13,5] = (22)
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:14 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+16] => [5,16] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [4,3,13,3] = (23)
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:14 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+13+1d6] => [5,3,13,4] = (25)
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:23 2009] : DM: What are you attacking?
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:35 2009] : Adrin: thon big beastie
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:44 2009] : Dan: ooc not the Wizard??
[Tue Feb 3 20:27:46 2009] : Adrin: i assumed I couldn't reach the wizard
[Tue Feb 3 20:28:09 2009] : Dan: ooc you have a huge chopper ;-)
[Tue Feb 3 20:28:10 2009] : DM: The creature might be large but it's not very tough and you kill it instantly, the wizard tumbles to the ground.
[Tue Feb 3 20:28:25 2009] : DM: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Feb 3 20:28:37 2009] : DM: Sprawling on the track
[Tue Feb 3 20:29:20 2009] : DM: The wizard gets up and blasts Dan and Adrin with a cone of freezing ice and snow.
[Tue Feb 3 20:29:26 2009] : DM: Reflex saves
[Tue Feb 3 20:29:34 2009] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21)
[Tue Feb 3 20:29:45 2009] : DM: Cone of cold: [10d6] => [5,3,1,2,1,1,6,6,4,3] = (32)
[Tue Feb 3 20:29:54 2009] : Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10)
[Tue Feb 3 20:30:01 2009] : Adrin: ooc hey, no fair!
[Tue Feb 3 20:30:15 2009] : Dan: Dan watches as most of the cold is sucked into his ring
[Tue Feb 3 20:30:20 2009] : DM: 32 damage to Adrin, 16 to Dan.
[Tue Feb 3 20:30:20 2009] : Dan: ooc ;-)
[Tue Feb 3 20:30:47 2009] : Adrin: ooc shameless!
[Tue Feb 3 20:30:49 2009] : DM: "Damn abjurationists", the wizard mutters under his breath.
[Tue Feb 3 20:31:01 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 3 20:31:11 2009] : Dan: "Xheck out my robes you moron"
[Tue Feb 3 20:31:22 2009] : Dan: "Do I look like an Abjurationist?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:31:31 2009] : Dan: "Does this guy look like one?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:31:46 2009] : Dan: Dan points at Adrin
[Tue Feb 3 20:31:55 2009] : Dan: ooc Dan's robes are yellow
[Tue Feb 3 20:32:33 2009] : DM: "Your ring you renegade", the wizard retorts.
[Tue Feb 3 20:32:38 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:14 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra repositiones herself slightly and shoots at the wizard
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:17 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (base): [1d20+16] => [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:17 2009] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30) ===> Damage: [3d8+15] => [6,7,3,15] = (31)
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:18 2009] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (second): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:31 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Is he still alive?
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:35 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:50 2009] : Dan: "So all abjuration is now contraband? Your college is even more idiotic than I thought"
[Tue Feb 3 20:33:56 2009] : DM: Surprisingly the wizard is still alive, he must have some magic protecting him.
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:15 2009] : DM: (Yes, he's a hypocrit)
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:26 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I'm guessing he looks hurt, though
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:36 2009] : DM: It's severy wounded.
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:39 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:45 2009] : Dan: "I am a grey elf of the house of Aray, I don't need your magic college when I have the ancient schools of Eyrie"
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:46 2009] : Oona: Oona dismounts and runs to get closer to the fray, looking for cover.
[Tue Feb 3 20:34:57 2009] : Dan: "I suggest that you surrender"
[Tue Feb 3 20:35:14 2009] : Oona: done
[Tue Feb 3 20:35:18 2009] : DM: Hide check to conceal yourself behind a bush.
[Tue Feb 3 20:35:30 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 3 20:35:57 2009] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [15,18] = (33)
[Tue Feb 3 20:36:23 2009] : Dan: Dan delays, readying a magic missile in case he attacks
[Tue Feb 3 20:36:26 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 3 20:36:36 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 3 20:36:57 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 20:36
[Tue Feb 3 20:37:17 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(6) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 3 20:37:18 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 20:37
[Tue Feb 3 20:37:23 2009] : Dan: "Give him chance to surrender Adrin"
[Tue Feb 3 20:37:48 2009] : Adrin: Adrin moves around the back of the wizard, and allows him a chance to surrender
[Tue Feb 3 20:38:21 2009] : Adrin: Ready attack.
[Tue Feb 3 20:38:22 2009] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Feb 3 20:40:26 2009] : Wizard: "Very well. I surrender."
[Tue Feb 3 20:40:47 2009] : Dan: "Finally you sound like a rational wizard"
[Tue Feb 3 20:41:00 2009] : Dan: "You owe my friend a horse"
[Tue Feb 3 20:41:12 2009] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Feb 3 20:41:28 2009] : Dan: ooc presumably it's only dying, so Ali could heal it a little
[Tue Feb 3 20:41:30 2009] : Adrin: "Good point"
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:02 2009] : Wizard: "I owe you nothing and you do not realize what you're getting yourself into."
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:21 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 20:42
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:21 2009] : Wizard: "The College did not understand and look were they are now."
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:29 2009] : Adrin: Adrin pokes him with the tip of his sword
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:31 2009] : Dan: "Well, enlighten us then"
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:36 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(8) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:37 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 20:42
[Tue Feb 3 20:42:53 2009] : Dan: ooc presumably Adrin's horse is only dying, so Ali could heal it a little
[Tue Feb 3 20:43:14 2009] : Dan: ooc connection troubles H?
[Tue Feb 3 20:43:30 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look at Adrin's horse, before going over to the others
[Tue Feb 3 20:43:38 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Only constantly ;)
[Tue Feb 3 20:43:44 2009] : Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Feb 3 20:43:45 2009] : Wizard: "Our research is too important to be thwarted by narrow minded fools. How does one understand magic fully unless one understand what is not magic?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:44:00 2009] : Aliatra: ooc How many HP does it have, Bert?
[Tue Feb 3 20:44:22 2009] : Adrin: ooc ummm some?
[Tue Feb 3 20:45:17 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her wand out and used it on the poor animal
[Tue Feb 3 20:45:21 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 3 20:45:23 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 3 20:45:25 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Feb 3 20:46:35 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra watches the horse get up before she joins the conversation
[Tue Feb 3 20:47:08 2009] : Adrin: ooc I think it was probably on -8
[Tue Feb 3 20:47:15 2009] : Oona: ooc was I taken in by the fireball? Becuse I missed out a reflex save for my horse
[Tue Feb 3 20:47:47 2009] : Wizard: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 3 20:47:48 2009] : Oona: ooc and for myself actually :)
[Tue Feb 3 20:47:57 2009] : Dan: ooc light warhorse has 3d8+9 hps
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:01 2009] : Oona: Reflex (+3 vs traps, improved evasion) save: [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:11 2009] : Oona: [13d8+9] => [3,6,6,1,8,6,4,3,7,6,4,8,8,9] = (79)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:19 2009] : Adrin: "Ali, while you've got that wand out, could you wave it at me? This swine actually hurt me"
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:24 2009] : Oona: ooc and reflex save?
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:25 2009] : Adrin: [3d8+9] => [1,2,4,9] = (16)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:36 2009] : Oona: [3d8+9] => [5,6,2,9] = (22)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:39 2009] : Aliatra: "Sure, Adrin"
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:42 2009] : Oona: ooc lol, that was abig horse
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:43 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:44 2009] : Dan: ooc Bert's horse was on -14 anyway ;-)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:45 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:46 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:47 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 3 20:48:56 2009] : Aliatra: ooc How much down?
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:00 2009] : Adrin: ooc I'm down 40
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:09 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:11 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:13 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:16 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:24 2009] : Aliatra: ooc 32 back
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:37 2009] : Adrin: Ahh thats better, thank you
[Tue Feb 3 20:49:43 2009] : Oona: [1d20+4] => [15,4] = (19)
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:00 2009] : Aliatra: "What does that character hae to say for itself?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:23 2009] : Adrin: "nothing useful so far"
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:30 2009] : Wizard: ooc horse saves, Oona
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:32 2009] : Dan: "He's wittering about how we can't undestand"
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:37 2009] : Oona: ooc what's the DC for fireball?
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:44 2009] : Dan: "So why don't you explain"
[Tue Feb 3 20:50:54 2009] : Oona: ooc that was the 19 Dave
[Tue Feb 3 20:51:21 2009] : Dan: "I think you'll find that I'm more than able to understand magic - so tell me what is not magic"
[Tue Feb 3 20:51:37 2009] : Wizard: ooc Oona, I know. Your 33 saved by miles.
[Tue Feb 3 20:51:59 2009] : Aliatra: ooc How surprising ;)
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:00 2009] : Oona: ooc yeah I figured, I meant for the horse :) he rolled a 19
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:02 2009] : Wizard: ooc I wish you'd killed this guy. Oh well.
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:26 2009] : Adrin: ooc lool
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:29 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Don't know what to have him say?
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:30 2009] : Oona: ooc LOL, what did you say about easy game, no brain, just encounters?
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:35 2009] : Dan: ooc lol - cyanide pill
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:40 2009] : Wizard: "I refuse to say anymore to those trying to disrupt our vital research!"
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:41 2009] : Adrin: ooc was just about to say that
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:49 2009] : Aliatra: "Dan, Oona, need any healing?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:52:55 2009] : Oona: "I don't"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:02 2009] : Oona: ooc is my horse fried as well?
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:02 2009] : Dan: "OK, then just hand over all your items, and you can go about your research"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:02 2009] : Adrin: "even if we'll disrupt your vital breathing if you dont?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:19 2009] : Dan: "And items includes your spellbook"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:27 2009] : Oona: "I can search him if you wish, just in case"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:29 2009] : Aliatra: "That's alright, I'd rather not speak with those trying to disrupt my life"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:36 2009] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:49 2009] : Dan: "Adrin, I think a severe search is in order"
[Tue Feb 3 20:53:57 2009] : Wizard: You rifle his pockets and turn up assorted items and a spellbook.
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:20 2009] : Aliatra: "Tie him up before he starts casting again"
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:26 2009] : Dan: "Ali, I could use a small amount of healing"
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:32 2009] : Dan: ooc down 11hp
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:37 2009] : Aliatra: "Sure Dan"
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:39 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:41 2009] : Dan: "Thanks for the offer"
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:44 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 3 20:54:53 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 3 20:55:14 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra now takes care of herself
[Tue Feb 3 20:55:15 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 3 20:55:16 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Feb 3 20:55:17 2009] : Wizard: ooc bracers of armour +2, ring of protection +1, amulet of natural armour +1, cloak of resistance +1, masterwork dagger, masterwork light crossbow + 10 bolts.
[Tue Feb 3 20:55:21 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Feb 3 20:55:54 2009] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Feb 3 20:57:06 2009] : Dan: [3d8+9] => [3,6,2,9] = (20)
[Tue Feb 3 20:58:35 2009] : Dan: "OK, we'll identify these things later"
[Tue Feb 3 20:58:53 2009] : Dan: Dan pops them all into a haversack
[Tue Feb 3 20:59:01 2009] : Adrin: "Fine, but what do we do with this guy?"
[Tue Feb 3 20:59:15 2009] : Dan: ooc no rush on his spellbook DM ;-)
[Tue Feb 3 20:59:21 2009] : Adrin: "He wont talk, so I say kill him"
[Tue Feb 3 20:59:49 2009] : Wizard: "What?!" The wizard looks alarmed.
[Tue Feb 3 21:00:15 2009] : Oona: "Sounds like a plan Adrin"
[Tue Feb 3 21:00:21 2009] : Aliatra: "We have to cut dead weight, not lug it around with us"
[Tue Feb 3 21:00:22 2009] : Oona: "But..."
[Tue Feb 3 21:00:23 2009] : Adrin: Adrin just ignores him
[Tue Feb 3 21:00:24 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 3 21:00:50 2009] : Dan: "And now we're a horse down, he's even more of a dead weight"
[Tue Feb 3 21:01:28 2009] : Adrin: "Hold on, you normally argue when I suggest this"
[Tue Feb 3 21:01:38 2009] : Dan: "He pissed me off"
[Tue Feb 3 21:01:47 2009] : Oona: "Dan is pissed off, as you hear"
[Tue Feb 3 21:01:51 2009] : Dan: "And he's probably still deadly if we let him go"
[Tue Feb 3 21:02:10 2009] : Dan: "He still has his alloted spells for the day memorised"
[Tue Feb 3 21:02:33 2009] : Dan: "We could hang around while he casts them all"
[Tue Feb 3 21:02:37 2009] : Wizard: "And I'm not afraid to use them", the wizard squeaks in fear.
[Tue Feb 3 21:03:03 2009] : Dan: "But how would we know if he was lying and still had some remaining?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:03:41 2009] : Dan: "Of course, without his spellbook he's probably pretty useless once he's cast them all"
[Tue Feb 3 21:03:42 2009] : Adrin: "Could he cast spells if we cut off his tongue and hands?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:03:47 2009] : Aliatra: "When we kill him now that won't be a problem, now will it?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:03:58 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins evilly
[Tue Feb 3 21:04:33 2009] : Adrin: Adrin looks at his sword...
[Tue Feb 3 21:04:34 2009] : Dan: ""Depending on if he has mastered any spells through study, as I have"
[Tue Feb 3 21:04:43 2009] : Adrin: "This wont fit, wheres my dagger?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:05:01 2009] : Dan: "So, college wizard who thinks that no-one can understand him..."
[Tue Feb 3 21:05:13 2009] : Wizard: "Yes...?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:05:15 2009] : Adrin: "That settles it then. Ali, could you hold him still please?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:05:22 2009] : Dan: "I think that there may be some options open to you"
[Tue Feb 3 21:05:44 2009] : Dan: "You can see how eager my colleagues are to finish this"
[Tue Feb 3 21:06:37 2009] : Aliatra: "I can try"
[Tue Feb 3 21:06:41 2009] : Dan: "As much as you pissed me off, I'm not one for cold-blooded killing, but sometimes I see that it's necessary"
[Tue Feb 3 21:06:54 2009] : Dan: "Anything you want to say?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:06:57 2009] : Wizard: "I'll... I'll tell you everything I know!"
[Tue Feb 3 21:07:15 2009] : Adrin: "Crap!"
[Tue Feb 3 21:07:18 2009] : Aliatra: "Start talking"
[Tue Feb 3 21:07:49 2009] : Dan: "You may get a chance yet Adrin"
[Tue Feb 3 21:07:55 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 3 21:07:56 2009] : Aliatra: "Don't worry Adrin, he might decide to stop before we know what we want to or he might even try to start casting"
[Tue Feb 3 21:08:55 2009] : Wizard: "Most of us have relocated, I don't know where I and a handful of others have stayed behind to secure this facility and remove all information on the research to a more secure location."
[Tue Feb 3 21:09:38 2009] : Dan: ooc he's from the outpost? I thought that he was from the college!
[Tue Feb 3 21:09:58 2009] : Adrin: "Where is this more secure location, and what were you to after you were finished?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:10:49 2009] : Wizard: ooc all the wizards are from the college, some are anti-anti-magic and others are pro-anti-magic research.
[Tue Feb 3 21:11:24 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 3 21:11:27 2009] : Wizard: "I don't know! The senior wizard in charge would know."
[Tue Feb 3 21:12:09 2009] : Dan: "What can you tell us about the antimagic field blanketing the wizard's college in the city?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:12:57 2009] : Wizard: "It's sustained by a powerful device that's been relocated with the others."
[Tue Feb 3 21:13:07 2009] : Aliatra: "And tell us about those snakes"
[Tue Feb 3 21:13:37 2009] : Wizard: "The bronze serpents are one of many sentinels protecting the place. You won't get much further!"
[Tue Feb 3 21:14:38 2009] : Adrin: "How do you get past them?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:14:40 2009] : Aliatra: "Tell us about the other sentinels"
[Tue Feb 3 21:15:16 2009] : Oona: Oona turns to adrin
[Tue Feb 3 21:15:25 2009] : Oona: "Do you think he's trying to defy us?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:16:17 2009] : Oona: Oona mimics the wizard
[Tue Feb 3 21:16:24 2009] : Oona: "You wion't be getting much further"
[Tue Feb 3 21:16:27 2009] : Aliatra: "He might be"
[Tue Feb 3 21:17:14 2009] : Aliatra: "How about we tie him up and let him walk in front of us. He can be our decoy"
[Tue Feb 3 21:17:31 2009] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Feb 3 21:17:35 2009] : Wizard: ooc how big is gargantuan?
[Tue Feb 3 21:17:51 2009] : Adrin: ooc oh dear
[Tue Feb 3 21:18:32 2009] : Oona: ooc very big
[Tue Feb 3 21:18:37 2009] : Dan: ooc medium, large, huge, gargantuan collosal
[Tue Feb 3 21:18:40 2009] : Oona: ooc gargantua was a huge ogre
[Tue Feb 3 21:18:45 2009] : Wizard: "The outpost is on an island in a lake and an old kraken patrols the waters."
[Tue Feb 3 21:19:02 2009] : Dan: ooc 4 squares across?
[Tue Feb 3 21:19:10 2009] : Aliatra: "A kraken? Neat!"
[Tue Feb 3 21:19:31 2009] : Wizard: "There's no way you can avoid it. It will devour you whole."
[Tue Feb 3 21:19:46 2009] : Dan: Gargantuan (tall) 20 ft. 20 ft. [Tue Feb 3 21:20:06 2009] : Adrin: "So how do you avoid it?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:10 2009] : Dan: ooc 1st figure = space, 2nd = reach
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:22 2009] : Oona: "Adrin, I really think he's trying to scare us off"
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:29 2009] : Oona: Oona laughs
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:40 2009] : Aliatra: "What makes you think that?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:50 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs back
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:52 2009] : Wizard: "The only way onto the island is via a portal. This portal is kept locked and only openable from the island."
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:55 2009] : Oona: "I like the decoy idea"
[Tue Feb 3 21:20:56 2009] : Dan: ooc no, it'll spit that bit out ;-)
[Tue Feb 3 21:21:03 2009] : Oona: "we could busy the kraken with him"
[Tue Feb 3 21:21:27 2009] : Dan: "Sounds good Oona"
[Tue Feb 3 21:21:28 2009] : Wizard: "eep"
[Tue Feb 3 21:21:29 2009] : Oona: "How your story changes..."
[Tue Feb 3 21:21:58 2009] : Wizard: "I don't know anything more! I swear I've told you everything I know."
[Tue Feb 3 21:23:00 2009] : Wizard: "My research was nothing, I was simply looking into ways to stabilize anti-magic fields I can't tell you anything else."
[Tue Feb 3 21:23:55 2009] : Aliatra: "Do you think we can believe him or do we ask him again tomorrow, after I cast a Zone of Truth?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:23:57 2009] : Oona: Oona studies the man's face and voice, trying to find out whether he's really as scared as he says
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:00 2009] : Oona: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [18,13] = (31)
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:03 2009] : Wizard: "Please don't feed me to the kraken."
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:08 2009] : Dan: "Well, what do you suggest that we do with you"
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:24 2009] : Dan: ooc did he have any research on him?
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:45 2009] : Wizard: "Just let me go, I promise I won't do anthing."
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:46 2009] : Wizard: ooc no
[Tue Feb 3 21:24:59 2009] : Oona: "OK, maybe we could let him go"
[Tue Feb 3 21:25:06 2009] : Oona: "Just knowk him out and tie him up"
[Tue Feb 3 21:25:14 2009] : Oona: *knock
[Tue Feb 3 21:25:25 2009] : Oona: "so that he does not come after us now"
[Tue Feb 3 21:25:42 2009] : Adrin: "If we break his fingers would that make it difficult to cast?
[Tue Feb 3 21:25:58 2009] : Oona: "I believe his fear is genuine and he's told us wall he can"
[Tue Feb 3 21:26:06 2009] : Dan: "Depends, he may be able to cast without them, and some spells do not need them"
[Tue Feb 3 21:26:13 2009] : Aliatra: "It would help, as would breaking his jaw"
[Tue Feb 3 21:26:21 2009] : Oona: "So, knock him out, gag him, and tie him up?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:26:31 2009] : Dan: "OK, in order to leave here alive, you must cast all of your spells for today"
[Tue Feb 3 21:26:36 2009] : Oona: "we don't need to torture him, do we?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:26:56 2009] : Dan: "Any summons must be instantly dismissed"
[Tue Feb 3 21:27:16 2009] : Wizard: "okay"
[Tue Feb 3 21:27:21 2009] : Dan: "Any funny business and there are some very non-magical effects that will finish your life"
[Tue Feb 3 21:27:52 2009] : Dan: "Everyone else happy with these conditions?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:27:54 2009] : Aliatra: "Ha, my weapons are magical, you know"
[Tue Feb 3 21:28:08 2009] : Adrin: "I suppose so"
[Tue Feb 3 21:28:19 2009] : Dan: "Only part of them Ali, I was referring to him potentially using an antimagic spell"
[Tue Feb 3 21:28:30 2009] : Aliatra: "Sure, cast everything, no spellbook, bound and gagged. Suits me"
[Tue Feb 3 21:28:49 2009] : Dan: "I have his spellbook Ali"
[Tue Feb 3 21:29:07 2009] : Dan: "Believe me, that's the biggest punishment to any wizard"
[Tue Feb 3 21:29:14 2009] : Wizard: The wizard starts casting spells, the majority of which are evocation: some more fireballs, magic missiles etc.
[Tue Feb 3 21:31:06 2009] : Dan: Dan waits patiently, holding his staff in readiness
[Tue Feb 3 21:31:20 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra stands at the ready, sword in hand, making sure the wizard sees her
[Tue Feb 3 21:33:00 2009] : Wizard: The wizard starts casting a longer spell. Spell craft
[Tue Feb 3 21:33:30 2009] : Dan: Sleight of Hand Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24)
[Tue Feb 3 21:33:31 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [6,23] = (29)
[Tue Feb 3 21:33:56 2009] : Dan: "Kill him"
[Tue Feb 3 21:34:13 2009] : Dan: Defending Shadow Quarterstaff +3 (first) (base): [1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue Feb 3 21:34:15 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra swings her sword
[Tue Feb 3 21:34:19 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,3,6] = (15)
[Tue Feb 3 21:34:20 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [2,2,6] = (10)
[Tue Feb 3 21:34:38 2009] : Wizard: The wizard dies, hit from behind by Dan's staff.
[Tue Feb 3 21:35:02 2009] : Adrin: "What was he doing?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:35:16 2009] : Dan: "He's intelligent enough to know that he should have warned us if he was casting that spell"
[Tue Feb 3 21:35:16 2009] : Aliatra: "What did he try to cast?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:35:24 2009] : Dan: "He was casting a sending spell"
[Tue Feb 3 21:36:10 2009] : Dan: "It allows him to send a message"
[Tue Feb 3 21:36:28 2009] : Adrin: "nice try"
[Tue Feb 3 21:36:39 2009] : Dan: "He could have cast it and used one of us as the target if he wanted to live"
[Tue Feb 3 21:36:57 2009] : DM: ooc level 11: 688 XP, level 12: 563 XP
[Tue Feb 3 21:37:22 2009] : Oona: "I see"
[Tue Feb 3 21:37:30 2009] : Oona: "Well, I don't see, but I guess it's all for the best"
[Tue Feb 3 21:37:35 2009] : Oona: "Now with the kraken..."
[Tue Feb 3 21:37:36 2009] : DM: ooc he's also smart enough that being tied up and abandoned in the wilderness is a death sentence.
[Tue Feb 3 21:38:11 2009] : Dan: ooc I wouldn't have tied him up - who suggested that?
[Tue Feb 3 21:38:18 2009] : Oona: ooc I did
[Tue Feb 3 21:38:31 2009] : Dan: ooc I would even have given him his dagger and bracers of armour back
[Tue Feb 3 21:39:17 2009] : Adrin: ooc I'd have given him his dagger, point first :)
[Tue Feb 3 21:39:29 2009] : DM: ooc you were all being pretty blood thirsty, you shouldn't be surprised at his action.
[Tue Feb 3 21:39:30 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@Bert
[Tue Feb 3 21:39:31 2009] : Dan: "Not a decision that I liked making, but he would have warned someone, of this I'm certain"
[Tue Feb 3 21:39:58 2009] : Adrin: Adrin shrugs
[Tue Feb 3 21:40:34 2009] : Adrin: "Oh well, he had the guts to try, I'll give him that"
[Tue Feb 3 21:40:49 2009] : Oona: ooc maybe this did not go through well, but I felt we were all actually joking a lot.
[Tue Feb 3 21:41:00 2009] : Oona: ooc but that was probably meta gamng :/
[Tue Feb 3 21:41:15 2009] : Dan: ooc we were talking the talk, but lacking any action - we showed restraint that I thought he's pick up on
[Tue Feb 3 21:41:27 2009] : Adrin: ooc Adrin was most certainly not joking
[Tue Feb 3 21:41:37 2009] : Dan: ooc we know ;-)
[Tue Feb 3 21:41:39 2009] : Aliatra: ooc He very rarely is
[Tue Feb 3 21:41:43 2009] : Adrin: ooc :)
[Tue Feb 3 21:42:10 2009] : Dan: "OK, well, leave his body with the mount's corpse, carrion birds will come soon"
[Tue Feb 3 21:42:22 2009] : Dan: "I have no time to spend burying this fool"
[Tue Feb 3 21:42:49 2009] : Dan: ooc Dan's alignment shifts 5 points towards Neutral
[Tue Feb 3 21:43:54 2009] : Aliatra: "Whereto now?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:44:21 2009] : Adrin: "Lets have a look at the island I suppose"
[Tue Feb 3 21:44:41 2009] : Dan: "I don't much fancy our chances against a kraken"
[Tue Feb 3 21:45:20 2009] : DM: ooc CR12
[Tue Feb 3 21:45:32 2009] : Dan: "I'm assuming that some form of antimagic protects the island to prevent us teleporting onto it"
[Tue Feb 3 21:45:33 2009] : Adrin: "I'm not sure what that is, but I'm guessing its big and toothy"
[Tue Feb 3 21:46:07 2009] : Dan: "I guess I could summon some water creatures and we can also attack it"
[Tue Feb 3 21:46:19 2009] : Dan: "Spot on Adrin"
[Tue Feb 3 21:46:26 2009] : Aliatra: "And if it protects an island it just might live in the water"
[Tue Feb 3 21:48:14 2009] : Dan: ooc knowledge?
[Tue Feb 3 21:48:30 2009] : DM: Arcane I think
[Tue Feb 3 21:48:39 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [6,21] = (27)
[Tue Feb 3 21:50:52 2009] : DM: A kraken is a 30ft long squid, they're highly intelligent and cruel are are commonly found deep under the sea where they control vast domains
[Tue Feb 3 21:51:21 2009] : DM: They've been know to control the weather and winds.
[Tue Feb 3 21:51:42 2009] : Dan: Dan describes them from memory
[Tue Feb 3 21:51:47 2009] : Oona: "Huuuu. That does not sound very good"
[Tue Feb 3 21:52:00 2009] : Aliatra: "Mighty powerful creatures then"
[Tue Feb 3 21:52:06 2009] : Dan: "Sounds like the sort of creature the world could do without"
[Tue Feb 3 21:52:36 2009] : Adrin: "I wonder how it got here"
[Tue Feb 3 21:52:54 2009] : Dan: "Quite what one is doing inland I don't know"
[Tue Feb 3 21:53:22 2009] : Dan: "I'm guessing that the wizard outpost brought it in some way, but I have no idea how"
[Tue Feb 3 21:53:31 2009] : Dan: "Perhaps a large portal"
[Tue Feb 3 21:53:33 2009] : DM: They speak common and aquan
[Tue Feb 3 21:54:59 2009] : Dan: "Let's keep going then."
[Tue Feb 3 21:55:11 2009] : Dan: ooc did Adrin's horse die?
[Tue Feb 3 21:55:27 2009] : DM: You reach the ridge and look down at a large lake with a central island.
[Tue Feb 3 21:55:28 2009] : Adrin: ooc burnt to a crisp I beleive
[Tue Feb 3 21:55:45 2009] : Adrin: ooc 30 dmg, only 16 HP
[Tue Feb 3 21:55:47 2009] : DM: On the island are a number of stone building arranged in a haphazard manner.
[Tue Feb 3 21:55:51 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I just saved one horse
[Tue Feb 3 21:56:31 2009] : Dan: ooc it was actually at -14 HP Hannele, so mark the spells as unused
[Tue Feb 3 21:56:38 2009] : Adrin: ooc I rolled for HP after you tried the wand, sorry
[Tue Feb 3 21:56:46 2009] : DM: There's no magic bubble or anything else suggesting magical defenses.
[Tue Feb 3 21:57:04 2009] : Dan: ooc Adrin got the really terrible runt of a horse ;)
[Tue Feb 3 21:57:19 2009] : Adrin: ooc total nag
[Tue Feb 3 21:57:41 2009] : Oona: ooc do horses have fate points?
[Tue Feb 3 21:57:43 2009] : Oona: ooc huhu
[Tue Feb 3 21:57:45 2009] : Adrin: ooc I think he must've wound the clock back on it
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:05 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, do we attempt to get across there magically?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:16 2009] : Oona: "If you think you can, I would suggest yes"
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:20 2009] : Adrin: ooc there's no way that thing only had 30,000 furlongs on it!
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:30 2009] : Oona: "but if there is a chance that you will land us int he water with that krakhead"
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:33 2009] : Oona: "no way"
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:37 2009] : Dan: "Or try to tempt the Kraken to us, then attack it when we are not disadvantaged - i.e. on the water"
[Tue Feb 3 21:58:45 2009] : Aliatra: "Magic sounds like our best choice, I don't fancy fighting a kraken"
[Tue Feb 3 21:59:01 2009] : Adrin: "is there a way of testing for a defense against teleporting?"
[Tue Feb 3 21:59:02 2009] : DM: The lake is too large to dimension door across.
[Tue Feb 3 21:59:11 2009] : Dan: ooc sure
[Tue Feb 3 21:59:15 2009] : Oona: ooc nasty nasty DM
[Tue Feb 3 21:59:20 2009] : Dan: ooc I have a teleport spell
[Tue Feb 3 21:59:37 2009] : Dan: "I only have one teleport spell memorised"
[Tue Feb 3 22:00:13 2009] : Dan: "We could see if there's anywhere that allows a shadow door to open, and travel over on the shadow plane?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:00:27 2009] : Adrin: "Sounds risky"
[Tue Feb 3 22:00:47 2009] : Dan: "Having said that we may just then meet a shadow kraken that's even worse than a material one"
[Tue Feb 3 22:00:47 2009] : Adrin: "How far away do you think the island is?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:01:09 2009] : Dan: "Too far for a dimension door"
[Tue Feb 3 22:01:18 2009] : Dan: "I only had one memorised anyway"
[Tue Feb 3 22:01:38 2009] : Oona: ooc be back in five
[Tue Feb 3 22:01:43 2009] : DM: The lake is about 5 miles wide and about 10 miles long
[Tue Feb 3 22:02:03 2009] : Dan: ooc can I see the island at all?
[Tue Feb 3 22:02:52 2009] : DM: ooc yes, it's about 3 miles away
[Tue Feb 3 22:02:57 2009] : Dan: "With all this talk of antimagic, I'm rally loathe to cast a teleport spell only to be ripped from astral travel while over the lake"
[Tue Feb 3 22:03:11 2009] : Adrin: "Sounds nasty"
[Tue Feb 3 22:03:33 2009] : Dan: "Yes, especially if all of our magic items cease to be magical"
[Tue Feb 3 22:03:34 2009] : Adrin: "I can't beleive they wouldn't have some kind of magical defense set up"
[Tue Feb 3 22:03:44 2009] : Dan: "Indeed Adrin"
[Tue Feb 3 22:03:55 2009] : Aliatra: "So what then? Walking is out, swimming is insane. We need to get invited, I guess"
[Tue Feb 3 22:04:19 2009] : Dan: "I fear we must try to lure the Kraken to us before we even attempt to cross"
[Tue Feb 3 22:04:33 2009] : Adrin: "I think you're right Dan"
[Tue Feb 3 22:04:51 2009] : Aliatra: "I don't think they'd have an anti-magic spell over the island, that would severely limit themselves and their defenses"
[Tue Feb 3 22:05:12 2009] : Adrin: "Maybe just an anti-teleport one, if thats possible"
[Tue Feb 3 22:07:10 2009] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue Feb 3 22:07:33 2009] : Oona: "ok, so kraken it is"
[Tue Feb 3 22:07:49 2009] : Dan: "I'm not sure, but I have no means of detecting protections at such a distance"
[Tue Feb 3 22:08:10 2009] : Dan: "Any ideas how we might attract it?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:08:43 2009] : DM: ooc I hear they like tuna fish sandwiches.
[Tue Feb 3 22:09:15 2009] : Adrin: "Can you summon something in the water to act as bait?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:09:21 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Right when I'm fresh out of tuna too
[Tue Feb 3 22:09:43 2009] : Aliatra: "Something a kraken would choke on?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:10:33 2009] : Dan: "Maybe not choke on, but there are water based creatures available to conjure"
[Tue Feb 3 22:11:06 2009] : Dan: "I will need to think for a while to remember what is available at each level of the spell"
[Tue Feb 3 22:11:07 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 22:11
[Tue Feb 3 22:11:23 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(9) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 3 22:11:24 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 22:11
[Tue Feb 3 22:12:10 2009] : Dan: "I can summon something nearly as big"
[Tue Feb 3 22:12:42 2009] : Dan: "But it will only last for two minutes, so we'd better already have it nearby"
[Tue Feb 3 22:13:32 2009] : Dan: ooc I don't have any water based creatures in my summon nodes surprisingly!
[Tue Feb 3 22:13:48 2009] : Adrin: "Can you not get something smaller that will last longer and lure it to this part of the lake?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:16:11 2009] : Dan: "All will last the same amount of time. It relates to my power as a caster"
[Tue Feb 3 22:16:25 2009] : Adrin: "Oh, ok"
[Tue Feb 3 22:16:30 2009] : Dan: "I can summon smaller creatures to try to lure it though"
[Tue Feb 3 22:16:41 2009] : Adrin: "Maybe something small to lure it then something big to fight it?"
[Tue Feb 3 22:17:28 2009] : Dan: "we can try it"
[Tue Feb 3 22:17:38 2009] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Feb 3 22:18:00 2009] : Dan: ooc test
[Tue Feb 3 22:18:26 2009] : DM: GAME END