Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jan 27 20:02:41 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 27 20:02:48 2009] : Adrin: ooc Could it be a Role thing?
[Tue Jan 27 20:03:13 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Could be
[Tue Jan 27 20:03:29 2009] : The Warden: The man know as the Warden sits astride his pegasus.
[Tue Jan 27 20:04:07 2009] : The Warden: "But I come today not to congratulate on your recent victories, or to reminisce on past meetings."
[Tue Jan 27 20:04:16 2009] : The Warden: "I have come today with a message."
[Tue Jan 27 20:04:36 2009] : Dan: "You're the one that we released on the island?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:04:56 2009] : Aliatra: "Tell us, we will listen"
[Tue Jan 27 20:05:31 2009] : The Warden: "But first let me say that the rules governing our kingdom in the upper planes do not permit us to directly interfere with affairs on the material plane."
[Tue Jan 27 20:06:31 2009] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
[Tue Jan 27 20:06:34 2009] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Jan 27 20:06:40 2009] : The Warden: "Why else would I spend decades working for that unpleasant yuan-ti? There were more direct ways to prevent her form researching the unstable portal."
[Tue Jan 27 20:07:11 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra thinks about what she knows of the upper planes
[Tue Jan 27 20:07:18 2009] : Adrin: "Sounds more like an inconvenience than a law"
[Tue Jan 27 20:09:34 2009] : Adrin: "So whats your story?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:10:13 2009] : The Warden: The warden is likely a half-celestial.
[Tue Jan 27 20:11:26 2009] : The Warden: "Something grave is occurring on this plane, the balance between the flows of magic in and out of this plane are disturbed."
[Tue Jan 27 20:11:53 2009] : Aliatra: "Really? Tell us more"
[Tue Jan 27 20:13:42 2009] : The Warden: "The astral plane swirls about you in a uncharacteristic manner. I know no more than this about the phenomenon."
[Tue Jan 27 20:14:04 2009] : Dan: "About us specifically, or this plane?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:14:16 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [20,21] = (41)
[Tue Jan 27 20:14:45 2009] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25)
[Tue Jan 27 20:14:51 2009] : The Warden: "About this plane, but specifically this region of the plane."
[Tue Jan 27 20:15:08 2009] : Aliatra: "About us? We are not that important. Are we?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:15:20 2009] : The Warden: "No."
[Tue Jan 27 20:15:39 2009] : Adrin: "I thought we were"
[Tue Jan 27 20:16:39 2009] : Dan: "Can you narrow down what you mean by region?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:16:51 2009] : Dan: "By this chapel, the area, the kingdom?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:17:37 2009] : The Warden: He waves a had about him. "This kingdom. We cannot be more specific than that."
[Tue Jan 27 20:18:06 2009] : Aliatra: "And who's "we" exactly?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:18:20 2009] : Oona: "This is all gibberish to me"
[Tue Jan 27 20:18:45 2009] : Oona: "You've already lost me"
[Tue Jan 27 20:19:04 2009] : Adrin: "I'm with you Oona"
[Tue Jan 27 20:19:52 2009] : The Warden: "I am one of many guardians keeping watch for enemies who threaten our lands in the upper planes. We are ever watchful for the denizens of the lower planes are ever hungry for power."
[Tue Jan 27 20:20:27 2009] : Aliatra: "Yes, go on"
[Tue Jan 27 20:20:34 2009] : The Warden: "But unfortunately it appears that they're lying low for now and are unlikely to be cause for the recent magical disturbances. For if it was the case we could intervene."
[Tue Jan 27 20:21:22 2009] : The Warden: "Now before I did you farewell, one final piece of advice: 'The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend."
[Tue Jan 27 20:21:59 2009] : The Warden: The pegasus's wings stretch as it start to launch itself into the air.
[Tue Jan 27 20:22:00 2009] : Dan: "That's a lesson that we have learned for ourselves"
[Tue Jan 27 20:22:04 2009] : Adrin: Adrin has a confused look
[Tue Jan 27 20:22:47 2009] : DM: He flies away, spirilling upwards towards the sun.
[Tue Jan 27 20:23:00 2009] : Oona: Oona looks as confused as Adrin
[Tue Jan 27 20:23:03 2009] : Aliatra: "That was not very enlightening"
[Tue Jan 27 20:23:07 2009] : Adrin: "He's going to get burned if he's not careful"
[Tue Jan 27 20:23:55 2009] : Dan: "Yes, all very cryptic"
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:17 2009] : Oona: "Can you put this in words I understand?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:25 2009] : Oona: "I gather there's a disturbance in the force"
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:29 2009] : Oona: "errr, the magic"
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:31 2009] : Oona: "or something"
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:42 2009] : Dan: "Why can't people speak what they want to instead of vague warnings?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:42 2009] : Oona: ooc I had to do it, sorry :)
[Tue Jan 27 20:24:44 2009] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:06 2009] : Dan: "I find his lack of facts disturbing"
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:12 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:20 2009] : Adrin: "So, theres something going on, but he's not sure what, or even who's doing it?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:22 2009] : DM: ooc oh dear
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:29 2009] : Adrin: ooc too many commas?
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:31 2009] : Dan: ooc ROFL
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:42 2009] : Aliatra: "For someone who wants us to do something, he was verty cryptic"
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:43 2009] : Adrin: ooc sigh
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:52 2009] : Aliatra: "something is wrong: fix it!"
[Tue Jan 27 20:25:59 2009] : Adrin: ooc this could go downhill very badly!
[Tue Jan 27 20:26:53 2009] : DM: ooc It occurs to me that I should have given a stronger hint about were to start looking.
[Tue Jan 27 20:27:17 2009] : Oona: ooc the warden shouts, as he flies into the sun "Start HERE!"
[Tue Jan 27 20:27:24 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Possibly, but we can always pretend you did that anyway
[Tue Jan 27 20:27:41 2009] : Adrin: ooc I would've settled for any hint :P
[Tue Jan 27 20:28:11 2009] : DM: ooc take the overly subtle hint and start from there: it involves magic and it's something to do with this kingdom.
[Tue Jan 27 20:28:35 2009] : Oona: "Why can't people stay on their own plane?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:28:41 2009] : Oona: "I don't get it"
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:08 2009] : Dan: ooc what's our wizard friend called?
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:16 2009] : DM: ooc Evrard
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:20 2009] : Dan: "Maybe Evrard can help us with information?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:26 2009] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:33 2009] : Dan: ooc remembered after I typed it
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:44 2009] : Aliatra: ooc As you do :)
[Tue Jan 27 20:29:54 2009] : Dan: "I daresay that the magic college could too, but I'd rather not return there"
[Tue Jan 27 20:30:28 2009] : Adrin: "They probably feel the same way"
[Tue Jan 27 20:30:51 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue Jan 27 20:30:59 2009] : Aliatra: "Do you really think so?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:31:02 2009] : Oona: "It might be our best option"
[Tue Jan 27 20:31:09 2009] : Oona: "But I agree about the cryptic bit"
[Tue Jan 27 20:31:19 2009] : Oona: "I wish people would just plainly say what this is all about"
[Tue Jan 27 20:31:27 2009] : Oona: "especially when they want us to help them!"
[Tue Jan 27 20:31:39 2009] : Dan: "He did hint that he couldn't interfere"
[Tue Jan 27 20:32:01 2009] : Dan: "Perhaps by being cryptic he doesn't break his kingdom's rules?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:32:55 2009] : Aliatra: "That's just silly then, you need to be practical even if that means bending the rules"
[Tue Jan 27 20:32:56 2009] : Oona: "Perhaps"
[Tue Jan 27 20:33:05 2009] : Oona: "Sometimes I feel we should just drop the whole ting"
[Tue Jan 27 20:33:13 2009] : Oona: "What have they done for us all these people?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:34:09 2009] : Dan: "They point us in the path of the treasure Oona"
[Tue Jan 27 20:34:27 2009] : Dan: "We've hardly come away from any of our adventures as paupers"
[Tue Jan 27 20:34:44 2009] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 27 20:34:47 2009] : Adrin: "Its a fair point."
[Tue Jan 27 20:34:53 2009] : Oona: "Fair enough"
[Tue Jan 27 20:35:09 2009] : Dan: "it seems highly unlikely that the items and gold that we have would have fallen into our laps in the tavern"
[Tue Jan 27 20:36:18 2009] : Aliatra: "Not sneezing at that, but it would be nice to make our own decisions and not being sent into danger with some obtuse remarks"
[Tue Jan 27 20:36:28 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jan 27 20:36:36 2009] : Adrin: "We could always just ignore him"
[Tue Jan 27 20:37:32 2009] : Oona: "So, shall we go?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:37:36 2009] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 27 20:38:03 2009] : DM: ooc unfortunately allowing you to decide on what the next adventure is going to be means I need to come up with several ideas and suitable hooks into each one. I'd like to do it but it requires much more planning.
[Tue Jan 27 20:38:32 2009] : Dan: "Umm, I thought that we were going to camp here for the night, then teleport back?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:38:35 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 27 20:38:55 2009] : Aliatra: ooc How far from the chapel are we again?
[Tue Jan 27 20:38:57 2009] : Adrin: ooc I didn't really mean it.
[Tue Jan 27 20:39:08 2009] : Dan: ooc don't adventures just happen with no planning? ;-)
[Tue Jan 27 20:40:52 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's make sure there is enough distance between the chapel and us before we rest"
[Tue Jan 27 20:40:52 2009] : DM: It's about 1pm and you're approximately halfway between the chapel and Southtown.
[Tue Jan 27 20:42:00 2009] : Adrin: "I say we keep going as we are. No point sitting around bored"
[Tue Jan 27 20:43:12 2009] : DM: ooc Seem's Craig's been looking at the log. It's half a day by horse to an inn and a further half day to Southtown.
[Tue Jan 27 20:43:20 2009] : Aliatra: "You are so right. Besides: I couldn't sleep in the middle of the day anyway"
[Tue Jan 27 20:43:32 2009] : DM: ooc On foot you'll reach Southtown in 2 days.
[Tue Jan 27 20:43:37 2009] : Dan: ooc not the log at all - it's in my teleport location info
[Tue Jan 27 20:44:03 2009] : Oona: ooc Let's walk a bit and then teleport."
[Tue Jan 27 20:44:24 2009] : DM: ooc I really should draw a map that's to scale.
[Tue Jan 27 20:44:51 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL - I'm not bothered, just that I remembered it was quite some distance
[Tue Jan 27 20:46:02 2009] : Adrin: ooc Adrin just didn't want to sit around all day
[Tue Jan 27 20:46:53 2009] : DM: ooc FFWD
[Tue Jan 27 20:47:26 2009] : DM: On a overcast and cool morning you step out of the now familar inn into the bustling streets of Southtown.
[Tue Jan 27 20:47:43 2009] : DM: ooc so familar I've forgotten its name...
[Tue Jan 27 20:47:47 2009] : Dan: ooc when we rest I'll ID the loot from Asmerdyas
[Tue Jan 27 20:48:22 2009] : DM: ooc yep, it's all on Asmerdyas's page on the wiki.
[Tue Jan 27 20:48:58 2009] : Dan: ooc cool
[Tue Jan 27 20:49:44 2009] : DM: A strange tingly sensation passes over you. (spell craft checks).
[Tue Jan 27 20:50:10 2009] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23)
[Tue Jan 27 20:51:22 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [16,23] = (39)
[Tue Jan 27 20:52:14 2009] : DM: From where you are you see the many , varied towers of the college of magic, each with a coloured flag of their school flapping in the breeze.
[Tue Jan 27 20:52:25 2009] : Aliatra: "There is magic in the air, and lots of it"
[Tue Jan 27 20:53:14 2009] : Dan: "This is most odd"
[Tue Jan 27 20:53:30 2009] : Adrin: "I thought it was just some dodgy rations"
[Tue Jan 27 20:53:55 2009] : Dan: "Why on earth would a strong emanence of abjuration, protection spells if you will, be coming from the colleage of magic..."
[Tue Jan 27 20:54:39 2009] : Dan: "Unless someone has done something very silly and is trying to compensate"
[Tue Jan 27 20:54:46 2009] : Adrin: "What are they protecting?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:55:00 2009] : Dan: "Themselves probably"
[Tue Jan 27 20:55:02 2009] : Aliatra: "Or trying to keep at bay?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:55:17 2009] : Dan: "That was my thought Ali"
[Tue Jan 27 20:55:36 2009] : DM: There's a sudden bright blue flash of light from the college.
[Tue Jan 27 20:55:55 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [4,23] = (27)
[Tue Jan 27 20:55:58 2009] : DM: All the people in the street turn to look in fear and shock.
[Tue Jan 27 20:56:36 2009] : Adrin: "Any ideas what that was?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:57:01 2009] : DM: Within moments an enormous grey dome, crackling with the blue sparks expands to contain the entirety of the college.
[Tue Jan 27 20:57:10 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's find someone who can tell us, I'd hate to speculate"
[Tue Jan 27 20:57:38 2009] : DM: The blue white sparks fade until only the translucent grey dome is left.
[Tue Jan 27 20:58:11 2009] : Dan: "Well, either they just protected themselves and doomed the rest of town..."
[Tue Jan 27 20:58:22 2009] : DM: Everyone out in the street seem to be hurrying home.
[Tue Jan 27 20:58:52 2009] : Dan: "Or they failed to prevent whatever it was that they were protecting against and only probably doomed the rest of the town"
[Tue Jan 27 20:58:54 2009] : Oona: "What on earth - or elsewhere - is going on?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:13 2009] : Oona: ooc the mothership descends on the earth
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:20 2009] : Aliatra: "What on the planes, probably"
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:24 2009] : Dan: "I doubt that we can knock and ask"
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:35 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Or plains ;)
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:35 2009] : Dan: "Let's go and see if Evrard is at home"
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:41 2009] : Adrin: "How about we kick the door open and ask?"
[Tue Jan 27 20:59:50 2009] : Aliatra: "That was the person I was talking about"
[Tue Jan 27 21:00:24 2009] : Aliatra: "I doubt we can penetrate that, Adrin" Aliatra points to the dome
[Tue Jan 27 21:00:53 2009] : Adrin: "Ok, Evrard it is then"
[Tue Jan 27 21:02:01 2009] : Dan: ooc hmm, need to quickly re-evaulate my spell selection - I optimised for devils... no fire spells currently
[Tue Jan 27 21:02:39 2009] : DM: You know the way to his tower.
[Tue Jan 27 21:02:54 2009] : DM: It's only 5 minutes away
[Tue Jan 27 21:03:46 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides on
[Tue Jan 27 21:04:17 2009] : Dan: ooc what are you riding??
[Tue Jan 27 21:04:49 2009] : Dan: ooc we left our horses by the lake this time
[Tue Jan 27 21:05:03 2009] : Dan: ooc as opposed to with the wizards
[Tue Jan 27 21:05:41 2009] : Adrin: ooc we've mainly been travelling by Dans Cabs recently
[Tue Jan 27 21:05:49 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 27 21:06:00 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry, got myself confused (again)
[Tue Jan 27 21:06:20 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks on
[Tue Jan 27 21:06:24 2009] : DM: You reach the tower, The door knocker looks at you suspiciously.
[Tue Jan 27 21:07:12 2009] : Dan: "Hello again. We'd like to speak to Evrard urgently"
[Tue Jan 27 21:07:18 2009] : Door knocker: "Oh, it's you", it says after a moment. "Master Evrard said you might come. Go straight in."
[Tue Jan 27 21:07:22 2009] : Aliatra: "Hello again"
[Tue Jan 27 21:07:24 2009] : DM: The door swings open.
[Tue Jan 27 21:07:32 2009] : Aliatra: "Thank you so much"
[Tue Jan 27 21:07:39 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra enters
[Tue Jan 27 21:08:18 2009] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 27 21:08:33 2009] : Dan: Dan follows Ali
[Tue Jan 27 21:08:55 2009] : DM: Evrard's flesh golem shows you inside and up into Evrard's study.
[Tue Jan 27 21:09:29 2009] : Evrard: "Just look at that!", he says looking out of the window at the gray magical dome.
[Tue Jan 27 21:10:14 2009] : Evrard: "What do you make of it?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:10:18 2009] : Dan: "Funnily enough, that's what concerns us"
[Tue Jan 27 21:10:36 2009] : Oona: "And we came to you to ask what you would make of it"
[Tue Jan 27 21:10:47 2009] : Dan: "Well it was preceded by a large burst of abjuration, so either it's a protective spell..."
[Tue Jan 27 21:10:54 2009] : Aliatra: "We don't know what to make of it, we've been away"
[Tue Jan 27 21:11:10 2009] : Dan: "Or their protective spell failed and it's what they were hoping to protect against"
[Tue Jan 27 21:11:25 2009] : Evrard: "My initial divinitions indicate that it is a simply enormous dome of force."
[Tue Jan 27 21:11:39 2009] : Oona: ooc I'm going for a few minutes
[Tue Jan 27 21:11:43 2009] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 27 21:11:44 2009] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jan 27 21:11:57 2009] : Evrard: "But it's colour and aura is not right. See how everything in the dome is just gray."
[Tue Jan 27 21:12:08 2009] : Dan: "The blue crackles that accompanied it indicate the former conclusion, which would agree with what you state"
[Tue Jan 27 21:12:45 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, I haven't had chance to examine the dome itself"
[Tue Jan 27 21:12:58 2009] : Evrard: "My attempts to probe beyond the dome have so far proved fruitless."
[Tue Jan 27 21:13:05 2009] : Aliatra: "So you think that whatever they tried to keep at bay has arrived and engulfed them?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:13:26 2009] : Dan: "So presumably it protects against divination at the least"
[Tue Jan 27 21:13:53 2009] : Dan: "No Ali, rather that they actually cast an enormous protection spell"
[Tue Jan 27 21:14:23 2009] : Evrard: "Well, I'm not sure what's going on but it seems likely that it's tied to the breakaway group of wizards."
[Tue Jan 27 21:15:04 2009] : Dan: "I'm sorry, we've not had much to do with the college since our misunderstanding..."
[Tue Jan 27 21:15:08 2009] : Aliatra: "Breakaway group?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:15:12 2009] : Dan: "What breakaway group?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:15:17 2009] : Adrin: Adrin smiles at Dans comment
[Tue Jan 27 21:16:01 2009] : Evrard: "The wizards run a research outpost out in the wilds to the southeast where they conduct their more dangerous experiments."
[Tue Jan 27 21:16:50 2009] : Evrard: "As far as I know most of heads of all the schools disagreed with the current line of research and tried to shut it down."
[Tue Jan 27 21:17:16 2009] : Aliatra: "What direction was that research taking?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:17:32 2009] : Evrard: "The researchers refuses and started building up defenses and recuiting other wizards and mercenaries to their cause."
[Tue Jan 27 21:18:16 2009] : Adrin: "Very mature"
[Tue Jan 27 21:18:21 2009] : Evrard: "It was very interesting research, I've seen some of the papers."
[Tue Jan 27 21:19:14 2009] : Evrard: "They were looking into the fundamentals of dispelling magic and..."
[Tue Jan 27 21:19:53 2009] : Evrard: Evrard seems struck by an idea and hurries to one of his many bookshelves.
[Tue Jan 27 21:19:56 2009] : Aliatra: "And ... "
[Tue Jan 27 21:20:11 2009] : Evrard: He pulls down a heafty volume and opens it.
[Tue Jan 27 21:21:04 2009] : Evrard: "Ah yes! They've found someway to generate an enourmous anti-magic field."
[Tue Jan 27 21:21:17 2009] : Oona: "Ah, I like the idea"
[Tue Jan 27 21:21:31 2009] : Evrard: "Very impressive, but also very dangerous."
[Tue Jan 27 21:21:41 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, sounds like my idea of a bad excursion"
[Tue Jan 27 21:22:06 2009] : Dan: "And looks like the sort of place I'd be better off not visiting"
[Tue Jan 27 21:22:12 2009] : Aliatra: "I would not want to be in that field"
[Tue Jan 27 21:22:19 2009] : Adrin: "Why are smart people so stupid?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:22:28 2009] : Dan: "Unless you want to count on my skills with a bow"
[Tue Jan 27 21:23:01 2009] : Dan: "And even then I'd probably want to invest in some armour"
[Tue Jan 27 21:23:20 2009] : Dan: "Or use that mithral shirt that we found"
[Tue Jan 27 21:23:31 2009] : Evrard: "There won't be a need to venture into the bubble, such an anti-magic field cannot be sustained from within."
[Tue Jan 27 21:23:54 2009] : Evrard: "Are you interested in doing some investigation?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:23:56 2009] : Adrin: "So someone outside made it?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:24:23 2009] : Aliatra: "Or someone inside, who now can't dispell it"
[Tue Jan 27 21:25:31 2009] : Adrin: "It might be worth looking into, even just to laugh at the idiots who did it"
[Tue Jan 27 21:26:08 2009] : Oona: "Investigation sounds good"
[Tue Jan 27 21:26:08 2009] : Dan: "Well, as the magic dispelling was being researched elsewhere, I'm guessing that the remote outpost had blanketed their former alma mater in antimagic as a gift"
[Tue Jan 27 21:26:14 2009] : Evrard: "I would say it was someone from outside. College wizards might spend too much time buried in books and embroiled in inter-school politics but they're not stupid"
[Tue Jan 27 21:26:19 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jan 27 21:26:28 2009] : Aliatra: "I like your thinking, Adrin"
[Tue Jan 27 21:26:45 2009] : Evrard: Evrard pulls out a map of the Southtown environs.
[Tue Jan 27 21:27:18 2009] : Evrard: "The outpost is located here". He points to a spot half a day's ride away to the southeast.
[Tue Jan 27 21:28:17 2009] : Dan: "Unless you can describe it very well so that I can teleport us there, it looks like it's time to buy another set of horses"
[Tue Jan 27 21:28:21 2009] : Aliatra: "Do we visit the wizards here in town before going to the outpost?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:29:57 2009] : Evrard: "It's been many a year since I was last a research student there. I imagine it's changed quite a bit in the last few decades."
[Tue Jan 27 21:30:15 2009] : Dan: "OK, too risky then"
[Tue Jan 27 21:30:41 2009] : Adrin: "Horses it is"
[Tue Jan 27 21:30:42 2009] : Dan: "I don't want to end up miles in another direction"
[Tue Jan 27 21:30:56 2009] : Adrin: "again"
[Tue Jan 27 21:31:10 2009] : Aliatra: "Like in the middle of an ocean?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:31:21 2009] : Dan: "I guess we can try not to lose them this time"
[Tue Jan 27 21:31:39 2009] : Dan: "Actually Ali, that would never happen"
[Tue Jan 27 21:31:55 2009] : Dan: "Unless we were aiming for a boat"
[Tue Jan 27 21:32:18 2009] : Dan: "Which I must admit we have done in the past"
[Tue Jan 27 21:33:17 2009] : Aliatra: "Why would that never happen?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:34:30 2009] : Dan: "Beacuse of the way that teleportation fails"
[Tue Jan 27 21:34:57 2009] : Dan: "It's a flux in the magic, it almost works, but not quite"
[Tue Jan 27 21:35:27 2009] : Dan: "So unless you were aiming for the ocean or a place right on the coast you would not land in the ocean"
[Tue Jan 27 21:35:47 2009] : Dan: "Even in the worst failure scenario"
[Tue Jan 27 21:35:48 2009] : Oona: "OK, so horses and then off we go?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:36:11 2009] : Aliatra: "Yes"
[Tue Jan 27 21:36:33 2009] : Dan: "Does that make sense Ali?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:36:44 2009] : Dan: "Thanks for your time Evrard"
[Tue Jan 27 21:36:46 2009] : Evrard: "If I find anything in my books or notes, I'll send you a message."
[Tue Jan 27 21:37:00 2009] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Jan 27 21:37:02 2009] : Evrard: "Do you still have those communication mirrors with you?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:37:08 2009] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Jan 27 21:37:49 2009] : Dan: Dan pulls them out of his haversack
[Tue Jan 27 21:38:15 2009] : Dan: "We need to set an agreed passphrase"
[Tue Jan 27 21:38:38 2009] : Evrard: "Passphrase?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:38:56 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Mirror, mirror on the wall
[Tue Jan 27 21:38:59 2009] : Dan: "They keyed to a specific key word"
[Tue Jan 27 21:39:07 2009] : Dan: ooc IIRC??
[Tue Jan 27 21:39:31 2009] : Evrard: "Our names perhaps?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:39:39 2009] : Aliatra: "How about Evrard? We can always change the passphrase afterwards"
[Tue Jan 27 21:41:25 2009] : Dan: "Sure, although it's possible that the group that we captured the mirrors from have our names..."!
[Tue Jan 27 21:41:48 2009] : Dan: "So perhaps a different word is more expedient"
[Tue Jan 27 21:41:56 2009] : Dan: "Antimagic?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:42:18 2009] : Evrard: "Very well"
[Tue Jan 27 21:42:42 2009] : Dan: ooc "my1vwaV"
[Tue Jan 27 21:43:14 2009] : Dan: ooc following corporate password policy - my 1st car was a Vauxhall
[Tue Jan 27 21:43:18 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Huh?
[Tue Jan 27 21:43:37 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Ah
[Tue Jan 27 21:43:58 2009] : Dan: ooc although I missed out the 'c', D'oh!
[Tue Jan 27 21:44:23 2009] : Dan: "Still not non-guessable, but less obvious perhaps, so it will suit"
[Tue Jan 27 21:44:48 2009] : Aliatra: ooc You used the v for vehicle ;)
[Tue Jan 27 21:45:00 2009] : Dan: ooc yeah, I did, forgot
[Tue Jan 27 21:45:17 2009] : Dan: ooc immediately!
[Tue Jan 27 21:45:29 2009] : Adrin: ooc other things on your mind :)
[Tue Jan 27 21:45:29 2009] : Dan: "OK, are we agreed them Antimagic?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:45:45 2009] : Dan: ooc that's not my password though BTW
[Tue Jan 27 21:46:22 2009] : Dan: Dan does what's needed to change the passphrase
[Tue Jan 27 21:47:08 2009] : Dan: "Is this other college outpost likely to have spies in the city?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:47:23 2009] : Aliatra: "What would you expect?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:49:00 2009] : Evrard: "It seems likely"
[Tue Jan 27 21:50:09 2009] : Dan: "OK, so do we seek them out first, or head straight for the outpost?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:50:26 2009] : Adrin: "I'd say leave covertly and head for the outpost"
[Tue Jan 27 21:50:48 2009] : Adrin: "We could spend forever looking for spies and never find them all"
[Tue Jan 27 21:50:50 2009] : Aliatra: "For some reason I have the feeling that group wants to know what's going on. And they must know, if they are the ones creating that dome"
[Tue Jan 27 21:51:18 2009] : Aliatra: "I wouldn't even know where to start lokking for them"
[Tue Jan 27 21:51:55 2009] : Oona: "Just make one thing clear for me. This dome thing there. It eeps the magic in, or out?"
[Tue Jan 27 21:52:20 2009] : Dan: "It stops magic from occurring at all inside"
[Tue Jan 27 21:52:54 2009] : Aliatra: "It's creepy" Aliatra shivers
[Tue Jan 27 21:53:57 2009] : Adrin: "No more creepy than other things we've seen"
[Tue Jan 27 21:54:34 2009] : Dan: "For me Adrin, it's a terrifying prospect, by far the worst I have ever seen"
[Tue Jan 27 21:54:53 2009] : Dan: "Let us not delay then, horses are needed"
[Tue Jan 27 21:55:28 2009] : Dan: "I'm sure that the usual merchant will be glad to see us, he may even offer us a repeat bulk customer discount"
[Tue Jan 27 21:55:35 2009] : Aliatra: "I could not even cure people's wounds in there, either with spells or wands"
[Tue Jan 27 21:55:43 2009] : Adrin: "You never know Dan"
[Tue Jan 27 21:55:56 2009] : Evrard: ooc horses sell at the standard rate.
[Tue Jan 27 21:56:02 2009] : Adrin: ooc boooo
[Tue Jan 27 21:57:54 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Too bad :(
[Tue Jan 27 21:57:55 2009] : Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Jan 27 21:58:28 2009] : Dan: "I think it more likely that all the hell planes would freeze over first"
[Tue Jan 27 21:58:42 2009] : Dan: Dan heads off
[Tue Jan 27 21:59:01 2009] : Evrard: Horses are procured and unless you have anything else to do in town you're soon riding out for the research outpost.
[Tue Jan 27 21:59:10 2009] : Adrin: Adrin waves farewell to Evrard and follows
[Tue Jan 27 21:59:59 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra is glad to be back in a saddle after the walking lately
[Tue Jan 27 22:00:13 2009] : Oona: ooc how much is a horse?
[Tue Jan 27 22:00:33 2009] : Adrin: "I wonder how long these horses will last"
[Tue Jan 27 22:00:47 2009] : Dan: While riding, Dan describes the stuff in the loot stash and asks if there's any takers for any of it
[Tue Jan 27 22:01:18 2009] : DM: ooc 150 gp for a light warhorse.
[Tue Jan 27 22:01:26 2009] : Dan: "Until we end up teleporting away, or travelling far on another plane, or some other nonesense"
[Tue Jan 27 22:01:49 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Is that mithril armour better than my full plate +1?
[Tue Jan 27 22:02:02 2009] : Dan: ooc no
[Tue Jan 27 22:02:23 2009] : Dan: ooc plus 22 GP for military saddle, bit and bridle
[Tue Jan 27 22:03:28 2009] : Oona: ooc do we have any $$ in the kitty
[Tue Jan 27 22:03:35 2009] : Oona: ooc because I'm kinda broke :)
[Tue Jan 27 22:03:45 2009] : Dan: ooc +4 AC, +3 magic = +7 vs. +8, +1 magic for your full plate
[Tue Jan 27 22:04:27 2009] : Dan: ooc not really Del. Don't spend all your money!
[Tue Jan 27 22:04:29 2009] : Aliatra: ooc so AC -1, but also lower weight
[Tue Jan 27 22:04:43 2009] : DM: ooc since when did we track weight?
[Tue Jan 27 22:04:44 2009] : Dan: ooc AC -2
[Tue Jan 27 22:04:57 2009] : Aliatra: "I don't think there's anything I want or need"
[Tue Jan 27 22:04:58 2009] : Oona: ooc I have like 300 GP to my name
[Tue Jan 27 22:05:14 2009] : Dan: ooc not weight, heavy armour penalty I guess
[Tue Jan 27 22:06:15 2009] : Oona: ooc did you tarck the potions we bought from the kitty? There should be a minor invisibility and a haste?
[Tue Jan 27 22:06:22 2009] : Oona: ooc *track
[Tue Jan 27 22:06:48 2009] : Dan: ooc I assumed that you took care of tracking any items bought for you
[Tue Jan 27 22:06:58 2009] : DM: ooc cats are not licensed purveyours of bottled magical distillates.
[Tue Jan 27 22:07:09 2009] : Adrin: ooc groan
[Tue Jan 27 22:07:19 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I've heard worse
[Tue Jan 27 22:07:29 2009] : DM: ooc I had to do a joke worse than the star wars ones :P
[Tue Jan 27 22:07:49 2009] : Aliatra: ooc O no you didn't
[Tue Jan 27 22:07:52 2009] : Adrin: ooc no, no you didn't
[Tue Jan 27 22:08:04 2009] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 27 22:08:54 2009] : DM: ooc my monster manual is open... are people done looking at their inventories?
[Tue Jan 27 22:09:08 2009] : Adrin: ooc yep
[Tue Jan 27 22:09:21 2009] : Oona: ooc I need to track those potions man.
[Tue Jan 27 22:09:38 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I am
[Tue Jan 27 22:09:46 2009] : Dan: ooc umm, what do you mean?
[Tue Jan 27 22:10:01 2009] : Oona: ooc /me assumes that she has one haste and one invisbility (minor)
[Tue Jan 27 22:10:35 2009] : Dan: ooc if you can't remember, look in the logs
[Tue Jan 27 22:11:21 2009] : DM: Your horses pick their way along the rough, narrow road. The land in this part of the kingdom is not extensively farmed and much of the land is overgrown and rocky.
[Tue Jan 27 22:11:48 2009] : Dan: "Why do I miss cabbages?"
[Tue Jan 27 22:12:25 2009] : DM: At about midday when you think you're only 5 miles or so from the outpost you're climbing up a short slope.
[Tue Jan 27 22:12:29 2009] : DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Jan 27 22:12:33 2009] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Jan 27 22:12:40 2009] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
[Tue Jan 27 22:13:02 2009] : Adrin: "My aunt made lovely cabbage pies"
[Tue Jan 27 22:13:24 2009] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11)
[Tue Jan 27 22:14:05 2009] : Aliatra: "I never developed a taste for cabbage, had it too much when I was a child, I guess"
[Tue Jan 27 22:14:32 2009] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [3,12] = (15)
[Tue Jan 27 22:14:42 2009] : DM: You all see two huge shiny bronze serpents slithering out of the undergrowth and moving to attack!
[Tue Jan 27 22:14:45 2009] : Dan: "i just meant fields of them as far as the eye can see"
[Tue Jan 27 22:14:47 2009] : DM: Knowledge: arcane.
[Tue Jan 27 22:14:54 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [5,21] = (26)
[Tue Jan 27 22:15:56 2009] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 27 22:17:13 2009] : Fenton (enter): 22:17
[Tue Jan 27 22:17:17 2009] : Adrin: "What have we here?"
[Tue Jan 27 22:17:26 2009] : DM: Initiative]
[Tue Jan 27 22:17:33 2009] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20)
[Tue Jan 27 22:17:37 2009] : DM: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[Tue Jan 27 22:17:40 2009] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jan 27 22:18:19 2009] : Fenton (enter): 22:18
[Tue Jan 27 22:18:37 2009] : Fenton: Booting '(6) Dan' from server...
[Tue Jan 27 22:18:38 2009] : Dan (exit): 22:18
[Tue Jan 27 22:19:08 2009] : DM: ooc everyone here?
[Tue Jan 27 22:20:09 2009] : Adrin: ooc I am
[Tue Jan 27 22:20:11 2009] : Oona: ooc test
[Tue Jan 27 22:21:49 2009] : Aliatra (enter): 22:21
[Tue Jan 27 22:22:11 2009] : Aliatra: Booting '(4) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Jan 27 22:22:12 2009] : Aliatra (exit): 22:22
[Tue Jan 27 22:22:27 2009] : Oona: ooc test again?
[Tue Jan 27 22:22:53 2009] : Oona: Sleight of Hand Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [15,22] = (37)
[Tue Jan 27 22:22:53 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I'm back :-D
[Tue Jan 27 22:22:54 2009] : Adrin: test
[Tue Jan 27 22:23:12 2009] : Oona: ooc /me tries to pick everyone's pocket while they're not watching ;-)
[Tue Jan 27 22:23:19 2009] : Adrin: ooc oi!
[Tue Jan 27 22:23:44 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I can see you!
[Tue Jan 27 22:25:50 2009] : Dan (enter): 22:25
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:03 2009] : Dan: Booting '(8) Fenton' from server...
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:04 2009] : Fenton (exit): 22:26
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:08 2009] : Dan: Booting '(7) Fenton' from server...
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:09 2009] : Fenton (exit): 22:26
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:30 2009] : Dan: ooc did anyone else get a freeze?
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:33 2009] : DM: Aliatra and Dan, initiative
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:40 2009] : Adrin: ooc not me
[Tue Jan 27 22:26:46 2009] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Jan 27 22:27:19 2009] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Jan 27 22:27:55 2009] : 6 Unknown!
[Tue Jan 27 22:28:20 2009] : Dan: "Bronze serpents, immune to electrical attacks"
[Tue Jan 27 22:28:38 2009] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jan 27 22:28:39 2009] : Dan: "Their bite is dangerous to people in metal armour"
[Tue Jan 27 22:28:57 2009] : Aliatra: "Ouch"
[Tue Jan 27 22:29:08 2009] : Oona: ooc what's around?
[Tue Jan 27 22:29:11 2009] : Oona: ooc Can I hide? :)
[Tue Jan 27 22:29:47 2009] : DM: There are plenty of bushes you can hide in or behind.
[Tue Jan 27 22:30:29 2009] : Oona: Oona crouches to hide behind a bush and nocks an arrow
[Tue Jan 27 22:30:45 2009] : DM: Hide check
[Tue Jan 27 22:30:53 2009] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [4,18] = (22)
[Tue Jan 27 22:30:54 2009] : Dan: "It's an electrical bite"
[Tue Jan 27 22:30:55 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [15,1] = (16)
[Tue Jan 27 22:30:56 2009] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [13,1] = (14)
[Tue Jan 27 22:31:07 2009] : Oona: Oona aims and shoots
[Tue Jan 27 22:31:14 2009] : Oona: ooc Dave, put me anywhere where there is a bush :)
[Tue Jan 27 22:31:27 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jan 27 22:31:27 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Jan 27 22:31:36 2009] : Oona: @ #1
[Tue Jan 27 22:31:45 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 27 22:32:05 2009] : DM: ooc you can't move, hide and shoot all in one round.
[Tue Jan 27 22:32:50 2009] : DM: ooc sorry, you can. You hide as part of the move.
[Tue Jan 27 22:33:14 2009] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jan 27 22:33:24 2009] : Dan: ooc are we still on horses?
[Tue Jan 27 22:33:37 2009] : DM: Your arrow hits and scratches the serpent
[Tue Jan 27 22:34:10 2009] : Aliatra: ooc We are until we dismount, I guess
[Tue Jan 27 22:34:26 2009] : DM: The serpents silther towards you at a surprizing speed given their 20ft length.
[Tue Jan 27 22:34:36 2009] : Oona: ooc darn, I forgot about the horses again.
[Tue Jan 27 22:34:49 2009] : Oona: ooc forget the shoot. I dismount and hide.
[Tue Jan 27 22:35:43 2009] : DM: Their jaws open wide, the bronze teeth crackling with electrical energy. The bite at Aliatra and Adrin.
[Tue Jan 27 22:35:46 2009] : DM: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [5,20] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Jan 27 22:35:46 2009] : DM: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [1,20] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [5,10] = (15)
[Tue Jan 27 22:36:00 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 27 22:37:01 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts and draws her sword
[Tue Jan 27 22:37:14 2009] : DM: Ride check
[Tue Jan 27 22:37:23 2009] : Aliatra: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Jan 27 22:37:26 2009] : DM: Fine
[Tue Jan 27 22:37:39 2009] : DM: Attack?
[Tue Jan 27 22:37:47 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Tue Jan 27 22:38:03 2009] : Aliatra: Sword in hands, Aliatra swings at snake #1
[Tue Jan 27 22:38:08 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,2,6] = (9)
[Tue Jan 27 22:38:08 2009] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+16] => [8,16] = (24) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [2,1,2,3,12] = (20)
[Tue Jan 27 22:38:08 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [15,11] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [5,6,6] = (17)
[Tue Jan 27 22:38:22 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:04 2009] : DM: What could have been a devastating hit is turned aside at the last second. (9 damage only)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:12 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:15 2009] : Adrin: Adrin dismounts and draws his sword.
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:19 2009] : Adrin: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:26 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (base): [1d20+19] => [19,19] = (38) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [1,2,10,1] = (14)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:26 2009] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+19] => [12,19] = (31) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] => [5,3,1,3,20,1] = (33)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:26 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (second): [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [4,2,10,1] = (17)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:26 2009] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] => [3,4,2,4,20,2] = (35)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:26 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (third): [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [4,6,10,6] = (26)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:27 2009] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] => [3,2,2,2,20,3] = (32)
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:38 2009] : Adrin: ooc O M G
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:56 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Too bad about the damage roll *shrug*
[Tue Jan 27 22:39:57 2009] : DM: ooc wowzers
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:10 2009] : Aliatra: ooc None too shabby, Adrin
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:25 2009] : Adrin: ooc I've... I've never seen that before. Its beautiful. sniff
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:28 2009] : Dan: ooc if you have quick draw all 3 of those count
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:29 2009] : DM: Only one attack though
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:42 2009] : DM: ooc no, because he dismounted.
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:47 2009] : Oona: ooc what a freaking waste of good rolls...
[Tue Jan 27 22:40:59 2009] : Dan: ooc ride check for fast dismount (free action) is 20
[Tue Jan 27 22:41:17 2009] : Adrin: ooc still have to draw
[Tue Jan 27 22:41:19 2009] : DM: Your greatsword smashes into the bronze construct tearing a jagged hole in the metal plating and revealing the mechanics inside.
[Tue Jan 27 22:41:31 2009] : Dan: ooc ah well ;-)
[Tue Jan 27 22:41:43 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 27 22:41:58 2009] : Dan: Dan backs his horse up a bit
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:12 2009] : Dan: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:26 2009] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [3,4,1,2,0] = (10)
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:27 2009] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,2,5,5,0] = (14)
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:28 2009] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [3,3,5,1,0] = (12)
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:38 2009] : Dan: ooc on #1
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:38 2009] : DM: Roll vs spell resistance.
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:47 2009] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31)
[Tue Jan 27 22:42:54 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 27 22:43:24 2009] : DM: Your rays zip past harmlessly as the serpent sinuously dodges the attacks.
[Tue Jan 27 22:43:27 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:08 2009] : Dan: ooc wow, must have a good touch AC
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:10 2009] : DM: ooc constructs are immune to crits and sneak attacks.
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:34 2009] : Oona: Still crouching behind her bush, Oona aims at #1 and shoots
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:35 2009] : DM: The serpents are very agile given their size.
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:35 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Which is why we encounter them, no doubt
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:39 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+17] => [4,17] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:40 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:44 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 27 22:44:49 2009] : DM: A hit.
[Tue Jan 27 22:45:07 2009] : Bronze serpent: The serpents continue to attack Aliatra and Adrin
[Tue Jan 27 22:45:09 2009] : Bronze serpent: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [1,20] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Jan 27 22:45:10 2009] : Bronze serpent: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [6,20] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [6,10] = (16)
[Tue Jan 27 22:45:27 2009] : Bronze serpent: The gnash their teeth uselessly.
[Tue Jan 27 22:45:31 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 27 22:46:39 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra raises her sword above her head before connecting the blad with the serpents skin
[Tue Jan 27 22:46:41 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [9,16] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,5,6] = (15)
[Tue Jan 27 22:46:41 2009] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,2,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 27 22:46:42 2009] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [5,2,4,3,12] = (26)
[Tue Jan 27 22:46:56 2009] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:01 2009] : DM: Your second swing connects and tears a hole.
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:16 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:19 2009] : Adrin: ooc whats with all the crit threats on constructs?? :/
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:30 2009] : Adrin: Adrin has another go at #2
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:32 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (base): [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [4,5,10,4] = (23)
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:32 2009] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+19] => [18,19] = (37) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] => [2,4,4,2,20,1] = (33)
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:32 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (second): [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [2,6,10,6] = (24)
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:33 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (third): [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [4,6,10,5] = (25)
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:40 2009] : Oona: ooc a waste of good rolls ;-)
[Tue Jan 27 22:47:51 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Don't knock it, we get few enough of them as it is
[Tue Jan 27 22:48:13 2009] : DM: Adrin only gets one good hit.
[Tue Jan 27 22:48:17 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Still a crit :D
[Tue Jan 27 22:48:40 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 27 22:48:54 2009] : Adrin: ooc pity they are immune to them
[Tue Jan 27 22:49:06 2009] : Dan: Dan looks miffed as he tries to cast at them again
[Tue Jan 27 22:49:08 2009] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [5,4,6,4,0] = (19)
[Tue Jan 27 22:49:10 2009] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,2,1,3,0] = (12)
[Tue Jan 27 22:49:11 2009] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [4,5,4,2,0] = (15)
[Tue Jan 27 22:49:20 2009] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [5,14] = (19)
[Tue Jan 27 22:49:47 2009] : DM: Your ray strikes but fails to bypass the serpents spell resistance.
[Tue Jan 27 22:50:05 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 27 22:50:45 2009] : Oona: oona peeps above the bush and aims again, trying to attain what she thinks is a vital spot
[Tue Jan 27 22:50:48 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+17] => [9,17] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 27 22:50:48 2009] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+12] => [17,12] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Jan 27 22:50:50 2009] : Oona: #1
[Tue Jan 27 22:50:52 2009] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 27 22:51:02 2009] : Dan: "Damn these confounded constructs!"
[Tue Jan 27 22:51:05 2009] : DM: Both arrows strike true.
[Tue Jan 27 22:51:33 2009] : Bronze serpent: Again the serpents attack.
[Tue Jan 27 22:51:35 2009] : Bronze serpent: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [7,20] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Jan 27 22:51:36 2009] : Bronze serpent: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [4,20] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Jan 27 22:52:37 2009] : Bronze serpent: Take 13 damage and [1d8+16] => [6,16] = (22) electrical damage Aliatra and the serpent chomps down on your arm shocking you.
[Tue Jan 27 22:52:48 2009] : Bronze serpent: Make a grapple check
[Tue Jan 27 22:52:51 2009] : Bronze serpent: Grapple (base): [1d20+27] => [16,27] = (43) ===> Damage: [2d8+10] => [1,2,10] = (13)
[Tue Jan 27 22:52:53 2009] : Dan: ooc Dave have you broken your dice?
[Tue Jan 27 22:53:01 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [9,15] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 22:53:02 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [3,10] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 22:53:37 2009] : Adrin: ooc shhh, he'll figure it out
[Tue Jan 27 22:54:02 2009] : Bronze serpent: The strong jaws hold you fast and bite down hard, take another 13 damage.
[Tue Jan 27 22:54:15 2009] : Bronze serpent: ooc what's wrong with my dice?
[Tue Jan 27 22:54:45 2009] : Adrin: ooc nothing, nothing
[Tue Jan 27 22:54:49 2009] : Dan: ooc your first 6 d20 rolls were awful, but then mine weren't great
[Tue Jan 27 22:55:05 2009] : DM: Aliatra, you're being grappled by the serpent.
[Tue Jan 27 22:55:11 2009] : Adrin: ooc and I've had 4 crit threats out of 6 attacks
[Tue Jan 27 22:55:34 2009] : Aliatra: ooc And more than half my HP have gone as well
[Tue Jan 27 22:56:23 2009] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jan 27 22:56:49 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries desperately to break free
[Tue Jan 27 22:56:53 2009] : DM: ooc PHB page 156 for those who can never remember the grapple rules
[Tue Jan 27 22:57:01 2009] : Aliatra: ooc STR check?
[Tue Jan 27 22:57:22 2009] : DM: Grapple check or escape artist check if it's better.
[Tue Jan 27 22:57:36 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 22:57:37 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 22:57:44 2009] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+27] => [11,27] = (38) ===> Damage: [2d8+10] => [3,1,10] = (14)
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:04 2009] : DM: You struggle hard but you don't break free.
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:05 2009] : Adrin: ooc thats a hard roll to beat
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:10 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Not fair! I've only got +15
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:31 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:38 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (base): [1d20+19] => [7,19] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [5,4,10,4] = (23)
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:39 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (second): [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [5,5,10,6] = (26)
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:39 2009] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+14] => [4,14] = (18) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] => [4,3,6,2,20,1] = (36)
[Tue Jan 27 22:58:39 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (third): [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [2,3,10,2] = (17)
[Tue Jan 27 22:59:07 2009] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Jan 27 22:59:54 2009] : DM: Adrin smashes into the creature, tearing the plating and severing a vital control component. The serpent clanks and falls inactive and inert.
[Tue Jan 27 23:00:12 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 27 23:00:18 2009] : Dan: "Better success than me Adrin, well done"
[Tue Jan 27 23:00:31 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [1,1,1,3,4,5] = (15) Force damage
[Tue Jan 27 23:00:44 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Quicken: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [1,1,3,2,3,5] = (15) damage
[Tue Jan 27 23:00:55 2009] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [5,14] = (19)
[Tue Jan 27 23:01:01 2009] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [10,14] = (24)
[Tue Jan 27 23:01:13 2009] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 27 23:01:13 2009] : DM: One set of missiles hit successfully
[Tue Jan 27 23:01:26 2009] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 27 23:01:34 2009] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow and draws her swords, walking towards the creature that holds Ali
[Tue Jan 27 23:01:51 2009] : Oona: ooc I don't think I can attack. so done.
[Tue Jan 27 23:02:29 2009] : Bronze serpent: The remaing serpent contines to bite on Aliatra.
[Tue Jan 27 23:02:44 2009] : Bronze serpent: While dragged her away from the others.
[Tue Jan 27 23:03:06 2009] : Bronze serpent: AoO from Oona
[Tue Jan 27 23:03:08 2009] : Bronze serpent: Grapple (base): [1d20+27] => [18,27] = (45) ===> Damage: [2d8+10] => [3,6,10] = (19)
[Tue Jan 27 23:03:20 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [9,15] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 23:03:20 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 23:03:30 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Why do I even bother?
[Tue Jan 27 23:03:34 2009] : Bronze serpent: Bite vs metal (+ [1d8+16] electricity damage) (base): [1d20+20] => [9,20] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d6+10] => [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Jan 27 23:04:01 2009] : Bronze serpent: Take 30 + [1d8+16] => [2,16] = (18) electrical damage
[Tue Jan 27 23:04:47 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra would look pale, of not for the blood covering large parts of her
[Tue Jan 27 23:05:23 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Jan 27 23:05:23 2009] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Jan 27 23:05:44 2009] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: [1d6] => [6] = (6) acid damage
[Tue Jan 27 23:05:44 2009] : DM: A hit! It's not some agile while it's dragging Aliatra.
[Tue Jan 27 23:05:55 2009] : Aliatra: "People, I might die here"
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:09 2009] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:17 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra again tries to break free
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:25 2009] : Aliatra: ooc What else is a girl to do?
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:27 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:27 2009] : Aliatra: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:29 2009] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+27] => [8,27] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d8+10] => [6,7,10] = (23)
[Tue Jan 27 23:06:37 2009] : Adrin: ooc I get the feeling that Ali would be more likely to go "AAARRRGHHHH HELP!" in this situation
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:00 2009] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:20 2009] : Aliatra: ooc As is she would, It's uncommon enough that she even remarks on her uncomfortable position
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:27 2009] : Adrin: Adrin turns and charges at beastie #1
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:30 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (base): [1d20+19] => [8,19] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [1,2,10,5] = (18)
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:30 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (second): [1d20+14] => [10,14] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [1,5,10,1] = (17)
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:30 2009] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword (third): [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] => [6,6,10,4] = (26)
[Tue Jan 27 23:07:32 2009] : Aliatra: ooc As if
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:03 2009] : Adrin: 1st attck only +2
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:06 2009] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:08 2009] : DM: The serpent looks pretty battered and dented and looks like it might fall apart any moment now!
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:15 2009] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:31 2009] : Dan: Dan tries another spell
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:35 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [2,2,2,1,3,5] = (15) Force damage
[Tue Jan 27 23:08:44 2009] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [18,14] = (32)
[Tue Jan 27 23:09:19 2009] : DM: The serpent falls apart dropping Aliatra to the ground.
[Tue Jan 27 23:09:38 2009] : Dan: Dan rides over
[Tue Jan 27 23:09:47 2009] : Adrin: Adrin catches Ali as she falls
[Tue Jan 27 23:09:48 2009] : Aliatra: "Ouch"
[Tue Jan 27 23:10:48 2009] : Aliatra: "Never encountered anything like that before. Bronze serpents! Whatever next?"
[Tue Jan 27 23:10:55 2009] : Adrin: "Are you going to be ok?"
[Tue Jan 27 23:10:59 2009] : DM: ooc 1100 XP for level 11ers. 900 XP for level 12ers.
[Tue Jan 27 23:11:07 2009] : Aliatra: "Thanks for getting me out of those jaws, much appreciated"
[Tue Jan 27 23:11:32 2009] : Dan: "they seemed to be quite resistant to my spells!"
[Tue Jan 27 23:11:55 2009] : Adrin: "and no weak spots either"
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:07 2009] : Aliatra: "Do you suppose they were sentinels?"
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:19 2009] : Oona: "I hate those things"
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:26 2009] : Oona: "Not that I have encoutered them before"
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:28 2009] : Dan: "Gah, that was a frustrating experience, for me, although I imagine far worse for you Ali"
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:36 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts casting spells on herself
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:40 2009] : Oona: "But all those things that are not alive make me uncomfortable"
[Tue Jan 27 23:12:54 2009] : Adrin: "Well, if they are natually occuring around here I think we should just head back to town"
[Tue Jan 27 23:13:34 2009] : Aliatra: Cure critical wounds [4d8+7] => [7,1,4,5,7] = (24)
[Tue Jan 27 23:14:32 2009] : Dan: "They're probably sentinels for the wizard outpost"
[Tue Jan 27 23:14:50 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Cure Serious Wounds (lvl 3) Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max 15) [3d8+7] => [5,6,2,7] = (20)
[Tue Jan 27 23:14:51 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Cure Serious Wounds (lvl 3) Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max 15) [3d8+7] => [4,6,4,7] = (21)
[Tue Jan 27 23:14:53 2009] : Dan: "Constructs usually have a wizard for a creator"
[Tue Jan 27 23:15:10 2009] : Adrin: "Do you think he'll know they're ummm dead?"
[Tue Jan 27 23:15:21 2009] : Oona: "Yes, will they?
[Tue Jan 27 23:15:40 2009] : Oona: ""Because if that's teh case, we might want to get under cover now"
[Tue Jan 27 23:15:54 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [4,8,7] = (19).
[Tue Jan 27 23:15:56 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [2,5,7] = (14).
[Tue Jan 27 23:15:58 2009] : Oona: Oona goes to fetch her horse that's left the scene of the crime
[Tue Jan 27 23:16:09 2009] : Adrin: ooc how nearly dead was Ali??
[Tue Jan 27 23:16:48 2009] : Aliatra: ooc 12 HP left
[Tue Jan 27 23:17:02 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Cancel that last CMW, please
[Tue Jan 27 23:17:26 2009] : Adrin: Adrin goes to get his horse too
[Tue Jan 27 23:17:58 2009] : Aliatra: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
[Tue Jan 27 23:18:11 2009] : Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Tue Jan 27 23:18:23 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes find her horse as well
[Tue Jan 27 23:19:03 2009] : Dan: "Sorry, i would have been more useful grabbing the horses, but I wanted to see that Ali was OK"
[Tue Jan 27 23:19:37 2009] : Dan: "Once it has her in its mouth, I daren't use any spells like fireball in case it singed her"
[Tue Jan 27 23:19:38 2009] : Adrin: "Damn the horses."
[Tue Jan 27 23:20:25 2009] : DM: GAME END