Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jan 13 20:02:26 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 13 20:03:11 2009] : Adrin: "Well that was an interesting evenings work"
[Tue Jan 13 20:03:46 2009] : Dan: ooc why was I missing? any ideas?
[Tue Jan 13 20:04:08 2009] : Adrin: ooc japan?
[Tue Jan 13 20:04:37 2009] : DM: ooc that's what the wiki says
[Tue Jan 13 20:04:38 2009] : Adrin: ooc in char: alibi for where we were
[Tue Jan 13 20:05:15 2009] : Dan: ooc Sorry, I should have said why was Dan missing!
[Tue Jan 13 20:05:36 2009] : Dan: ooc I know where I was!
[Tue Jan 13 20:05:46 2009] : DM: ooc you decided to spend the night researching the ritual?
[Tue Jan 13 20:05:53 2009] : Adrin: ooc well it was a long time ago
[Tue Jan 13 20:07:13 2009] : Dan: Dan continues his research in his room
[Tue Jan 13 20:07:52 2009] : Oona: ooc we've done it so that absences just kind of happen :)
[Tue Jan 13 20:08:06 2009] : Oona: Oona decides to go and sleep
[Tue Jan 13 20:09:11 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to sleep to be fit and ready in the morning
[Tue Jan 13 20:09:29 2009] : Adrin: Adrin also turns in for a few hours sleep
[Tue Jan 13 20:11:16 2009] : DM: You awake the following morning.
[Tue Jan 13 20:13:59 2009] : Dan: ooc Just so that you know, by defaul my weapon is definding - I'll specifically state if I transfer the points to attack bonus
[Tue Jan 13 20:14:13 2009] : Dan: ooc defaul = default
[Tue Jan 13 20:14:17 2009] : DM: ooc okay
[Tue Jan 13 20:14:42 2009] : DM: So, what are people doing today?
[Tue Jan 13 20:15:05 2009] : Dan: Dan arises and seeks breakfast and his companions
[Tue Jan 13 20:15:27 2009] : Dan: When all are gathered, Dan reports his findings
[Tue Jan 13 20:15:34 2009] : Adrin: Adrin get ready and goes for breakfast
[Tue Jan 13 20:15:52 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra wakes up, prays and breakfasts
[Tue Jan 13 20:16:38 2009] : Dan: "Having read the incantation some more, I have determined that the portal will open on the lower plane in what's called the valley of black sands"
[Tue Jan 13 20:16:57 2009] : Adrin: "Sounds lovely"
[Tue Jan 13 20:17:02 2009] : Oona: "indeed"
[Tue Jan 13 20:17:44 2009] : Dan: "Also, remember that devils are immune to fire damage"
[Tue Jan 13 20:17:58 2009] : Dan: "And that they are resistant to acid and cold"
[Tue Jan 13 20:18:33 2009] : Dan: "So electricity and sonic attacks are the only energy attacks that suffer no reduction in damage"
[Tue Jan 13 20:18:47 2009] : Adrin: "Good to know"
[Tue Jan 13 20:19:15 2009] : Oona: Oona looks at both her swords, a bit depressed that they're not going to do anything
[Tue Jan 13 20:20:10 2009] : Aliatra: "I can help with that, using sonic attacks"
[Tue Jan 13 20:20:25 2009] : Dan: "They also often require silvered or good aligned weapons to be normally damaged"
[Tue Jan 13 20:21:00 2009] : Dan: ooc I'm assuming that Dan knows this standard Devil stuff DM
[Tue Jan 13 20:21:11 2009] : DM: ooc Clerics have a spell (Bless?) which can make weapons good-aligned.
[Tue Jan 13 20:21:17 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [7,21] = (28)
[Tue Jan 13 20:21:26 2009] : DM: ooc Sure. You've met several already and your knowledge rolls are always good.
[Tue Jan 13 20:21:31 2009] : Dan: ooc it's Bless Weapon, and it's Paladin only
[Tue Jan 13 20:21:52 2009] : Dan: ooc unfortunately :(
[Tue Jan 13 20:22:40 2009] : Dan: ooc could we try to buy an oil of it?
[Tue Jan 13 20:22:58 2009] : Adrin: ooc 100gp
[Tue Jan 13 20:23:07 2009] : DM: ooc Align weapon, 2nd-level cleric spell.
[Tue Jan 13 20:23:21 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I was going to say that :P
[Tue Jan 13 20:24:08 2009] : Dan: ooc woot - never seen that before Bert
[Tue Jan 13 20:24:28 2009] : Dan: ooc seems cheap considering Paladin's can't cast it until level 6
[Tue Jan 13 20:25:20 2009] : Adrin: ooc yeah, but they're crap
[Tue Jan 13 20:25:34 2009] : Dan: ooc argh - greengrocer's apostrophe!
[Tue Jan 13 20:25:48 2009] : Adrin: ooc is he? ;)
[Tue Jan 13 20:26:33 2009] : Dan: "So, an oil of bless weapon would give a limited amount of time with a good aligned weapon"
[Tue Jan 13 20:26:57 2009] : Adrin: "I say we invest in a few of those each"
[Tue Jan 13 20:27:40 2009] : Dan: "I daresay that I won't need one. I hope I don't need to hit one with a weapon"
[Tue Jan 13 20:27:45 2009] : Aliatra: "I second that"
[Tue Jan 13 20:28:04 2009] : Dan: "But I could do with something to help versus any spell resistance"
[Tue Jan 13 20:28:43 2009] : Dan: "Ali, can you cast Magic circle spells?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:29:24 2009] : Dan: "I have never used them"
[Tue Jan 13 20:29:38 2009] : Dan: ooc which is a bit crazy!
[Tue Jan 13 20:30:11 2009] : Aliatra: "Yes, I can"
[Tue Jan 13 20:30:16 2009] : Oona: "This said, my swords are still kind fo useless..."
[Tue Jan 13 20:30:40 2009] : Aliatra: "But only 2 a day"
[Tue Jan 13 20:30:42 2009] : Dan: "They can help us provided we all remain in the circle"
[Tue Jan 13 20:31:05 2009] : Adrin: "Only the Acid Oona, they can still hurt"
[Tue Jan 13 20:31:24 2009] : Adrin: "My sword will suffer with the same problem"
[Tue Jan 13 20:31:39 2009] : DM: ooc can't find a spell that reduces SR.
[Tue Jan 13 20:32:01 2009] : Dan: "Although their effect seems not to work so well if folk have magical rings of protection
[Tue Jan 13 20:32:22 2009] : Adrin: "How so Dan?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:32:42 2009] : Dan: ooc Cheers for looking, but never mind DM, I don't think that the BG spells for that made it to 3e :)
[Tue Jan 13 20:32:59 2009] : Oona: ooc /me takes her eraser and rubs out SR from the DM's character sheet
[Tue Jan 13 20:33:54 2009] : Dan: "The magical effect that protects from attacks seems to be of the same form as that in rings of protection, and magic effects do not stack Adrin"
[Tue Jan 13 20:34:01 2009] : Oona: ooc Emma emergency brb
[Tue Jan 13 20:34:35 2009] : Adrin: "Ah, I see"
[Tue Jan 13 20:35:05 2009] : Dan: ooc the +2 vs saves works though, and Dan can't explain why ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 20:35:39 2009] : Adrin: ooc I think Adrin was lost at 'The...'
[Tue Jan 13 20:35:44 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I can only find that it doesn't cumulate with protection from Evil
[Tue Jan 13 20:35:59 2009] : Dan: ooc or maybe not if you have a 'resistance' bonus to saves alrady
[Tue Jan 13 20:36:28 2009] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 13 20:36:29 2009] : Dan: ooc no eefects of the same type stack H, it's one of 3e's fundamental rules
[Tue Jan 13 20:36:57 2009] : Aliatra: ooc I thought we were playing 3.5:=P
[Tue Jan 13 20:37:43 2009] : Dan: "Actually, thinking about it, we all have so much magic now that magic circles probably have little benefit to us other than stopping summoned creatures from getting to us"
[Tue Jan 13 20:38:23 2009] : Dan: "So, bless weapon oil is a start"
[Tue Jan 13 20:38:24 2009] : DM: ooc which might be useful as most devils can summon.
[Tue Jan 13 20:38:24 2009] : Aliatra: ooc All I found in the description is this: "This spell is not cumulative with protection from evil and vice versa."
[Tue Jan 13 20:38:40 2009] : Oona: "OK, how long does the effect of this oil last?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:38:42 2009] : Dan: ooc wasn't sure if Dan knew that ;)
[Tue Jan 13 20:38:46 2009] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jan 13 20:39:00 2009] : Oona: "Ah, another question, are devils immune to well placed hits?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:39:00 2009] : Dan: "It should last 30 minutes I think"
[Tue Jan 13 20:39:35 2009] : Dan: ooc caster level of paladin is 1/2 actual level and they get the spell at level 6. It lasts 10 minutes per level
[Tue Jan 13 20:39:37 2009] : DM: ooc you can crit and sneak attack devils.
[Tue Jan 13 20:40:12 2009] : Oona: "If not, then I would try and study their anatomy a bit, to see where I can hit with the best effect"
[Tue Jan 13 20:40:34 2009] : Dan: ooc or does per level on a Paladin spell mean actual level??
[Tue Jan 13 20:40:53 2009] : Adrin: ooc 'per level' always confuses me
[Tue Jan 13 20:41:13 2009] : DM: ooc it means per caster level.
[Tue Jan 13 20:41:55 2009] : Dan: "Does anyone have silvered weapons?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:42:33 2009] : Adrin: "Not me"
[Tue Jan 13 20:42:40 2009] : Aliatra: "Nor me"
[Tue Jan 13 20:42:46 2009] : Adrin: "Wonder how much that'd cost"
[Tue Jan 13 20:42:48 2009] : Dan: "I'm not sure what can be done if we don't. I think that we'll just have to risk it"
[Tue Jan 13 20:42:53 2009] : Oona: "I don't have one, but I have this funky dagger"
[Tue Jan 13 20:43:09 2009] : Dan: "I think it reduces the quality of your weapons slightly Adrin"
[Tue Jan 13 20:43:12 2009] : Oona: Oona brings out the steel bronze dagger
[Tue Jan 13 20:43:19 2009] : Oona: "You don't think that would do the trick?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:43:44 2009] : Dan: "I'm not sure of all of the qualities of Steel-Bronze Oona"
[Tue Jan 13 20:43:47 2009] : Adrin: "I think I'll skip that then"
[Tue Jan 13 20:43:51 2009] : DM: ooc cold iron so no.
[Tue Jan 13 20:44:02 2009] : Dan: "But it doesn't strike me as being like silver"
[Tue Jan 13 20:44:26 2009] : Dan: ooc if only it were demons!
[Tue Jan 13 20:44:57 2009] : Dan: "Shall we get on?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:45:02 2009] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Jan 13 20:45:30 2009] : Aliatra: "Yes, we'd better"
[Tue Jan 13 20:46:08 2009] : Dan: "So how many bottles of that oil shall we buy?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:46:25 2009] : Oona: "Enough to make sure that our weapons last aligned the time of the battle"
[Tue Jan 13 20:46:45 2009] : Dan: "Incidentally, I assume that you found the amulet?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:47:31 2009] : Adrin: "Yes, but lets not spead that around. I can't see it being the most popular things we've ever done"
[Tue Jan 13 20:47:58 2009] : Dan: "I'd like to look at it before we go, and check it out"
[Tue Jan 13 20:48:28 2009] : Aliatra: "Usre, just don't take all day"
[Tue Jan 13 20:48:35 2009] : Aliatra: Sure
[Tue Jan 13 20:49:06 2009] : Dan: "Shall we go upstairs to look?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:49:18 2009] : Adrin: "I think that'd be a good idea"
[Tue Jan 13 20:49:24 2009] : Dan: ooc anything else to declare????????
[Tue Jan 13 20:49:58 2009] : Oona: "Yes, we might want and try to do the best of this thing"
[Tue Jan 13 20:50:28 2009] : Dan: "Was this the only object on the wizard's body?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:50:36 2009] : Adrin: ooc ?
[Tue Jan 13 20:50:46 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 13 20:50:49 2009] : Aliatra: "I must admit I'm curious about it"
[Tue Jan 13 20:51:08 2009] : Dan: Dan goes upstairs and looks at the amulet
[Tue Jan 13 20:51:16 2009] : Dan: ooc I know that, Dan doesn't
[Tue Jan 13 20:51:40 2009] : Dan: Dan goes upstairs and looks at the amulet as it's the only thing he's aware of
[Tue Jan 13 20:51:47 2009] : DM: ooc I was reminding the others.
[Tue Jan 13 20:52:33 2009] : Adrin: ooc thanks :)
[Tue Jan 13 20:53:19 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Tue Jan 13 20:53:33 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [15,21] = (36)
[Tue Jan 13 20:54:02 2009] : DM: ooc +20 to bluff checks when used to bluff lawful evil outsiders.
[Tue Jan 13 20:55:05 2009] : Dan: "Aha, it seemingly endows the wielder with a strong power of persuasion"
[Tue Jan 13 20:55:29 2009] : Aliatra: "To talk our enemies to death with?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:55:30 2009] : Oona: "interesting"
[Tue Jan 13 20:55:38 2009] : Dan: "Specifically when trying to bluff, but only against outsiders of a lawful and evil bent"
[Tue Jan 13 20:55:49 2009] : Adrin: "So one of us can get past them easily"
[Tue Jan 13 20:56:21 2009] : Aliatra: "What about if we were all prisoners of that person?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:56:35 2009] : Dan: "So if someone were good at bluffing, perhaps they could convince devils that the remainder of us are slaves, or there on official business for Asmerdyas?"
[Tue Jan 13 20:56:58 2009] : DM: ooc good at bluffing and also speak infernal.
[Tue Jan 13 20:57:43 2009] : Dan: "Of course they's probably need to communicate with them first, possibly in their native Infernal language"
[Tue Jan 13 20:57:53 2009] : Adrin: "Have to hide our weaponry for that to be beleivable"
[Tue Jan 13 20:58:13 2009] : Dan: "Not if we are on business for her"
[Tue Jan 13 20:58:37 2009] : Dan: ooc so, nothing else to look at???
[Tue Jan 13 20:58:53 2009] : Dan: "I don't speak infernal"
[Tue Jan 13 20:59:06 2009] : DM: ooc some weapons from the dead tomb robbers.
[Tue Jan 13 20:59:06 2009] : Oona: ooc we had a few items, if I recall well
[Tue Jan 13 20:59:09 2009] : Oona: ooc on the wiki
[Tue Jan 13 20:59:37 2009] : Dan: ooc *I* know
[Tue Jan 13 21:00:05 2009] : Dan: ooc I already tried to ask in character
[Tue Jan 13 21:00:19 2009] : Aliatra: "I can make you be able to speak Infernal, though"
[Tue Jan 13 21:00:46 2009] : Dan: "So can I, better on someone good at bluffing I suspect"
[Tue Jan 13 21:00:57 2009] : Dan: Dan looks at Oona
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:07 2009] : DM: ooc someone mention the weapons and stuff in character, I can hear Craig grinding his teeth from here!
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:19 2009] : DM: ooc ;)
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:24 2009] : Oona: "I'm not that good. I mean, I'm good enough, but not great"
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:25 2009] : Dan: "So if we both prepare the spellooc :-D
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:33 2009] : Dan: "So if we both prepare the spell"
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:40 2009] : Aliatra: "Yes?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:41 2009] : Oona: "Ah we got some weapons from the grave"
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:41 2009] : Dan: ooc :-D
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:50 2009] : Oona: "You might want to look at them Dan"
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:53 2009] : Adrin: "What did we get?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:01:58 2009] : Oona: "And an armor, I think"
[Tue Jan 13 21:02:03 2009] : Dan: "Then we can have it active for quite a while"
[Tue Jan 13 21:02:04 2009] : Oona: ooc /me looks up on the wiki
[Tue Jan 13 21:02:16 2009] : Dan: "Mine will last for two hours"
[Tue Jan 13 21:02:29 2009] : Dan: "Really?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:02:46 2009] : Dan: Dan casts an eye over them then mutters
[Tue Jan 13 21:02:57 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Jan 13 21:03:00 2009] : DM: ooc adamantine dagger +1, adamantine short sword +1, chainshirt +1, metal studs from a studded leather armor +1.
[Tue Jan 13 21:03:18 2009] : Adrin: ooc metal studs, lol
[Tue Jan 13 21:03:41 2009] : Dan: Dan then uses the Identify wand on the magical items individually
[Tue Jan 13 21:06:04 2009] : Dan: Dan describes the items as he identifies them
[Tue Jan 13 21:06:30 2009] : Dan: "Ok, now that's out of the way, we can go and get the oil"
[Tue Jan 13 21:06:51 2009] : Dan: "I suggest that we travel today, rest at the chapel, then head through the portal"
[Tue Jan 13 21:07:07 2009] : Dan: "I have not memorised the Tongues spell today"
[Tue Jan 13 21:07:28 2009] : Adrin: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Jan 13 21:07:47 2009] : Aliatra: "What's another day before such an epic battle?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:08:53 2009] : Adrin: "I dont think an extra day will make much difference"
[Tue Jan 13 21:09:25 2009] : Oona: "Agreed"
[Tue Jan 13 21:09:41 2009] : Dan: "OK, well 10 of those oils will cost 1000gp from the kitty, is that enough? And do we need another healing wand Ali?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:09:46 2009] : Adrin: "Wouldn't it be funny if Asmerdyas came looking for us on the same day we went through the portal"
[Tue Jan 13 21:09:57 2009] : Dan: "Not really"
[Tue Jan 13 21:10:14 2009] : Dan: Dan is in a serious mood
[Tue Jan 13 21:10:32 2009] : Adrin: "Oh come on Dan. Give us a smile"
[Tue Jan 13 21:11:24 2009] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Jan 13 21:11:33 2009] : Dan: "I'm not in the mood Adrin, sorry"
[Tue Jan 13 21:12:00 2009] : Adrin: (shrug) "S'ok"
[Tue Jan 13 21:12:09 2009] : Dan: Dan strokes his necklace absent mindedly
[Tue Jan 13 21:12:32 2009] : Dan: ooc for the first time in who knows how long ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 21:13:04 2009] : Aliatra: "I'm fine on the wands"
[Tue Jan 13 21:13:23 2009] : Adrin: "So, is 10 oils enough?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:13:38 2009] : Aliatra: "I would think so"
[Tue Jan 13 21:14:06 2009] : Adrin: ooc loot page says we still have 10 silvered arrows if Oona wants them
[Tue Jan 13 21:15:04 2009] : Oona: ooc sounds good
[Tue Jan 13 21:15:43 2009] : Dan: ooc DM, can we swap the 40 silvered/cold iron bolts for 20 silvered arrows?
[Tue Jan 13 21:16:10 2009] : Dan: ooc in fact it's probably sale value (50%) then purchase I guess
[Tue Jan 13 21:16:19 2009] : DM: ooc yup
[Tue Jan 13 21:17:08 2009] : Dan: Dan sells the bolts and buys more arrows
[Tue Jan 13 21:17:17 2009] : Dan: "here you go Oona"
[Tue Jan 13 21:17:33 2009] : Dan: Dan hands over 15 arrows
[Tue Jan 13 21:17:50 2009] : Dan: "I'll keep 5 for myself if that's OK?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:00 2009] : Dan: "I may need to use my bow"
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:11 2009] : Adrin: "Lets hope not"
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:33 2009] : DM: ooc woah, a wizard using a weapon? do you have a license for that bow?
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:36 2009] : Dan: "indeed"
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:45 2009] : Oona: "Thanks"
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:53 2009] : Dan: ooc I do use it occasionally if I'm out!
[Tue Jan 13 21:18:58 2009] : Adrin: "No comment on your ability you understand"
[Tue Jan 13 21:19:05 2009] : Oona: Oona puts the arrows in her quiver, at the ready
[Tue Jan 13 21:19:13 2009] : Aliatra: "Don't hassle the man, we know he can shoot"
[Tue Jan 13 21:19:55 2009] : Adrin: "You use your bow less than I do!"
[Tue Jan 13 21:19:56 2009] : Dan: ooc so that's 25 silvered arrows for you Oona
[Tue Jan 13 21:20:15 2009] : Dan: "When I'm out of spells, I use it occasionally!"
[Tue Jan 13 21:20:30 2009] : Dan: "Admittedly it's not often"
[Tue Jan 13 21:21:03 2009] : Dan: "So how have we divided up the Bless Weapon oils?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:21:33 2009] : Oona: "Do the arrows need to be blessed as well?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:21:49 2009] : Dan: "And I think I could do with some moderat wound potions"
[Tue Jan 13 21:21:49 2009] : Oona: ooc /me feels like on the inventory screen of BG, paused.
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:07 2009] : Dan: Dan buys some potions
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:09 2009] : Adrin: "I think I should have a good few of those oils"
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:18 2009] : Oona: "I have lots of Curing potions"
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:35 2009] : Oona: "However, I could do with one or two hastes and one Invisibility"
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:40 2009] : Oona: "It helps with the scouting"
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:47 2009] : Dan: ooc depends on the Devil, some are sensitive to silver, some to good, some to both, some only to both at once IIRC
[Tue Jan 13 21:22:52 2009] : Oona: "thing is, I have no money left, or hardly enough for one potion"
[Tue Jan 13 21:24:24 2009] : Dan: ooc ah none are exclusively sensitive to silver - silver or good; good; silver and good
[Tue Jan 13 21:24:42 2009] : Dan: "We're buying these from the kitty Oona"
[Tue Jan 13 21:25:07 2009] : Dan: "I daresay the same applies to your resources for scouting"
[Tue Jan 13 21:25:14 2009] : Dan: "I'm happy with that"
[Tue Jan 13 21:25:41 2009] : Dan: ooc and I didn't mean my healing potions, I paid for them myself
[Tue Jan 13 21:25:45 2009] : Adrin: "Yes. I think this warrants it"
[Tue Jan 13 21:25:47 2009] : DM: ooc somewhat bizarrely half-fields are listed as 5/magic which seems daft to me. This has been corrected.
[Tue Jan 13 21:26:30 2009] : Dan: ooc sounds bad for us ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 21:26:58 2009] : Dan: "So how much have we spent? 1000 on Bless Weapon... How much are your potions Oona?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:28:07 2009] : Oona: invisibility is 300 GP, and Haste is 750 GP
[Tue Jan 13 21:28:24 2009] : Adrin: ooc ouch
[Tue Jan 13 21:28:31 2009] : Oona: "I might actually get two invisibility, I can harm more if they don't see me coming"
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:07 2009] : Oona: "Is there no spell that keeps me invisible, even if I attack?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:28 2009] : Oona: ooc go for one haste and 1 invisibility otherwise. We can also do without the haste.
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:29 2009] : DM: ooc improved invisibility might. Let me check
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:38 2009] : Oona: ooc that was in character
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:40 2009] : DM: ooc you can't get a potion though.
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:42 2009] : Dan: ooc why do you need haste?
[Tue Jan 13 21:29:45 2009] : Oona: Greater INvisibility is the spell
[Tue Jan 13 21:30:14 2009] : Oona: ooc because if I attack while invisible and have haste, it doubles the sneak attack
[Tue Jan 13 21:30:25 2009] : Dan: ooc ouch!
[Tue Jan 13 21:30:25 2009] : Oona: ooc no, no potion, that's why I was asking Dan :)
[Tue Jan 13 21:30:38 2009] : Oona: ooc it doesn't double the sneak attack
[Tue Jan 13 21:30:49 2009] : Oona: ooc but the extra attac is also sneak
[Tue Jan 13 21:30:56 2009] : Oona: ooc if I am not mistaken
[Tue Jan 13 21:31:12 2009] : DM: ooc yes, that's correct.
[Tue Jan 13 21:31:27 2009] : Dan: ooc should be, and if you beat its initiative you get two more before it can move
[Tue Jan 13 21:31:57 2009] : Dan: ooc cf early OoTS ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 21:31:59 2009] : Oona: ooc + I can move more, faster, etc.
[Tue Jan 13 21:32:13 2009] : DM: ooc I was about to look it up by giantitp.com isn't responding :(
[Tue Jan 13 21:32:39 2009] : Adrin: ooc plus you get to go "wooooooo i'm invisible"
[Tue Jan 13 21:33:03 2009] : Oona: ooc lol, not with haste. But I can go wooooooooo, I'm Carl Lewis!
[Tue Jan 13 21:33:51 2009] : Dan: ooc Greater invis is not available as a potion is it?
[Tue Jan 13 21:34:07 2009] : DM: ooc potions can only be level 3 or lower.
[Tue Jan 13 21:34:48 2009] : Dan: ooc so what do you want? How much is it??
[Tue Jan 13 21:35:43 2009] : DM: ooc a scroll perhaps?
[Tue Jan 13 21:35:43 2009] : Oona: ooc 1 haste, 1 invisibility or 2 if we can afford it.
[Tue Jan 13 21:37:40 2009] : Dan: "The spell that you require costs 700gp as a scroll"
[Tue Jan 13 21:37:58 2009] : Dan: "I can cast it"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:01 2009] : Oona: "the invisibility that does not go away?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:09 2009] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:12 2009] : Oona: "Wow, that's like... a real good one"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:23 2009] : Oona: "I mean, I can be pretty deadly if they don't see me coming"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:42 2009] : Dan: "But the effect lasts only just over one minute"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:45 2009] : Oona: "What do you think?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:38:53 2009] : Dan: ooc 7 rounds
[Tue Jan 13 21:39:00 2009] : Oona: "Yes, but combined with a haste spell, it might be an interesting effect"
[Tue Jan 13 21:39:03 2009] : Oona: "I don't know."
[Tue Jan 13 21:39:16 2009] : Dan: "Whereas normal invisibility lasts longer"
[Tue Jan 13 21:39:26 2009] : Dan: "It's not a lot of use for scouting"
[Tue Jan 13 21:39:57 2009] : Dan: "As I must be there to cast it"
[Tue Jan 13 21:40:47 2009] : Dan: "Hmm, no it lasts 2 minutes"
[Tue Jan 13 21:41:01 2009] : Dan: ooc d'oh I'm the caster and I'm level 12!
[Tue Jan 13 21:41:09 2009] : Oona: "ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 13 21:41:23 2009] : Dan: "That's maybe better, and only one minute less than the potion"
[Tue Jan 13 21:41:33 2009] : DM: ooc Oona being able to sneak attack every round could be deadly
[Tue Jan 13 21:41:55 2009] : Dan: "We'll buy one and I'll transcribe it tonight"
[Tue Jan 13 21:42:04 2009] : Dan: "Then I can cast it any time"
[Tue Jan 13 21:42:30 2009] : Dan: "How does that sound?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:42:48 2009] : Oona: ooc we're scaring the DM, we're on the right track
[Tue Jan 13 21:43:00 2009] : Oona: "I think that it would make perfect sense"
[Tue Jan 13 21:43:03 2009] : Dan: "Buy a potion or two as well, because you may need to disappear away from me"
[Tue Jan 13 21:43:12 2009] : Oona: "BUt I don't want to interfere in your studies or anything"
[Tue Jan 13 21:43:42 2009] : Dan: ooc 3700 altogether - 2 invis, the scroll, 2 haste and 10 oils
[Tue Jan 13 21:43:53 2009] : Oona: ooc yay! :)
[Tue Jan 13 21:43:59 2009] : Oona: ooc be back in five min.
[Tue Jan 13 21:44:08 2009] : Dan: "I have other invisibility spells, just not this one"
[Tue Jan 13 21:44:11 2009] : DM: ooc no, the planning and having it pay off is an important part of the game.
[Tue Jan 13 21:45:20 2009] : Dan: "Are we all done?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:45:51 2009] : Adrin: "Could be"
[Tue Jan 13 21:46:24 2009] : Dan: "Then let's teleport to the temple and I'll transcribe the spell"
[Tue Jan 13 21:46:27 2009] : Aliatra: "I believe so"
[Tue Jan 13 21:46:54 2009] : DM: ooc ta for the teleport, I couldn't remember exactly how for away it was!
[Tue Jan 13 21:47:21 2009] : Dan: "Or of course we could stay here for the night in a comfy bed, ad teleport there tomorrow?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:48:07 2009] : Adrin: "Will that not reduce your available spells"
[Tue Jan 13 21:48:17 2009] : Dan: "I've also been wondering if we should rent a house of our own, and hire some staff"
[Tue Jan 13 21:48:32 2009] : Dan: "Ah yes, that was the point entirely Adrin"
[Tue Jan 13 21:48:38 2009] : Dan: "Silly me"
[Tue Jan 13 21:49:22 2009] : Dan: "It would be nicer to come back to something more home than an inn"
[Tue Jan 13 21:49:30 2009] : Dan: "OK, are we ready then?"
[Tue Jan 13 21:49:55 2009] : Adrin: "I think if we get back from this adventure it might be worth considering, Dan"
[Tue Jan 13 21:50:05 2009] : Dan: Dan takes out his book, studies his drawing, and remembers the temple as clearly as possible
[Tue Jan 13 21:50:31 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Teleport (level 5): Instantly tansports Dan and one willing person per 3 levels as far as 100 miles/level.
[Tue Jan 13 21:50:37 2009] : Dan: [1d100] => [37] = (37)
[Tue Jan 13 21:51:05 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra grabs her sword in 2 hands as Dan starts casting
[Tue Jan 13 21:51:29 2009] : DM: You appear safely outside the small chapel, round the back and out of the way.
[Tue Jan 13 21:51:44 2009] : DM: There doesn't appear to be any activity in the area -- all is quiet.
[Tue Jan 13 21:51:55 2009] : Dan: "So much better when I'm not furious"
[Tue Jan 13 21:52:38 2009] : Adrin: "You're certainly better at it when you take your time"
[Tue Jan 13 21:53:08 2009] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue Jan 13 21:53:10 2009] : Aliatra: "I'm just glad we arrived safely"
[Tue Jan 13 21:53:34 2009] : Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Jan 13 21:53:47 2009] : Dan: "OK, I will need time to transcribe the spell"
[Tue Jan 13 21:53:59 2009] : Dan: Dan gets to work studying
[Tue Jan 13 21:54:15 2009] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [17,23] = (40)
[Tue Jan 13 21:54:43 2009] : Dan: ooc only needed 24, so it''l do ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 21:55:08 2009] : Adrin: ooc couldn't actually fail it
[Tue Jan 13 21:55:19 2009] : Adrin: ooc unless a 1 counts as auto fail
[Tue Jan 13 21:55:22 2009] : Dan: ooc good :D
[Tue Jan 13 21:55:42 2009] : Dan: ooc not on skill checks, only saves
[Tue Jan 13 21:56:02 2009] : Dan: ooc and attacks if the DM plays that rule
[Tue Jan 13 21:56:37 2009] : DM: ooc Saves fail on a 1 and attacks miss
[Tue Jan 13 21:56:43 2009] : Dan: Dan keeps studying
[Tue Jan 13 21:56:44 2009] : Adrin: ooc for comedy effect, iirc
[Tue Jan 13 21:57:12 2009] : Dan: ooc this takes me the best part of a day BTW
[Tue Jan 13 21:57:42 2009] : DM: ooc FFWD
[Tue Jan 13 21:58:10 2009] : Dan: Dan stands and shakes off the numbness in his limbs
[Tue Jan 13 21:58:19 2009] : Dan: "OK, I have the spell now"
[Tue Jan 13 21:58:38 2009] : DM: ooc more FFWD
[Tue Jan 13 21:58:49 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 13 21:59:15 2009] : Dan: "OK, I have the spell memorised in today's spells"
[Tue Jan 13 21:59:42 2009] : Oona: "Good"
[Tue Jan 13 22:00:23 2009] : DM: You spend a tense night camped near the chapel but the day dawns fine and bright. The early morning sun gently warming and and setting the dewed and lush grass sparkling.
[Tue Jan 13 22:00:43 2009] : DM: Bird sing and chirp happily, hidden in the bushes dotted about the hillside.
[Tue Jan 13 22:01:35 2009] : DM: A pleasant fragrance of hill flowers and heather floats along with the gentle breeze.
[Tue Jan 13 22:02:04 2009] : Adrin: "Hard to believe we're about to leave all this"
[Tue Jan 13 22:02:33 2009] : DM: A rabbit peaks out of its burrow, it's ears turning and nose twitching. It hops out and start nibbling on the grass.
[Tue Jan 13 22:02:34 2009] : Aliatra: "Let's make sure we get back, that's all"
[Tue Jan 13 22:02:50 2009] : DM: ooc its
[Tue Jan 13 22:03:11 2009] : Dan: "So, did we decide who will use the amulet?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:03:41 2009] : Oona: ooc I only have a +8 on bluff
[Tue Jan 13 22:03:50 2009] : Dan: "I think that Oona is our best bluffer, and as none of us speaks Infernal anyway"
[Tue Jan 13 22:03:52 2009] : Adrin: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [8,-1] = (7)
[Tue Jan 13 22:03:59 2009] : Dan: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [20,0] = (20)
[Tue Jan 13 22:04:12 2009] : Dan: ooc damn, a wasted 20
[Tue Jan 13 22:04:26 2009] : Oona: ooc ok, let me rephrase that. I have a fantastic +8 on bluff :)
[Tue Jan 13 22:04:33 2009] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 13 22:04:49 2009] : Adrin: ooc better
[Tue Jan 13 22:05:00 2009] : Dan: ooc you're no bard, but I won't hold that against you :-P
[Tue Jan 13 22:05:00 2009] : Oona: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14)
[Tue Jan 13 22:05:17 2009] : Dan: ooc +20 = 34
[Tue Jan 13 22:05:34 2009] : Oona: "I can use it, but I am not sure whether I am good at persuading"
[Tue Jan 13 22:06:08 2009] : Oona: ooc I've always found bluff a weird skill, because if your story doesn't hold, then you can't really bluff.
[Tue Jan 13 22:06:09 2009] : Dan: "Better than me"
[Tue Jan 13 22:06:31 2009] : DM: ooc Dan's suggested story is plausible.
[Tue Jan 13 22:06:48 2009] : Dan: ooc but that's the point of bluff! Have you never heard "It sounds so unbelievable that it must be true"
[Tue Jan 13 22:07:32 2009] : Dan: ooc the bluff skill is about your body language and believability
[Tue Jan 13 22:08:18 2009] : Dan: ooc You can't really roleplay a fantastic bluffer, but I can't roleplay casting a spell
[Tue Jan 13 22:08:23 2009] : Aliatra: "Just stick to the story and we will all be fine"
[Tue Jan 13 22:09:02 2009] : Adrin: "Yeah, we'll all try to look a little downtrodden"
[Tue Jan 13 22:09:05 2009] : Dan: ooc and people who say what I quoted have a dismal sense motive skill ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 22:09:21 2009] : DM: ooc devils speak infernal, celestial and draconic
[Tue Jan 13 22:09:39 2009] : Dan: ooc let's not try celestial ;)
[Tue Jan 13 22:09:45 2009] : DM: ooc should have mentioned that earlier.
[Tue Jan 13 22:10:22 2009] : Dan: ooc I speak draconic but am dreadful at bluffing, so Oona's still the best bet - nothing lost Dm
[Tue Jan 13 22:10:35 2009] : Aliatra: "Oona, when one of us casts Tongues on you you can speak whatever language you want to, whether you've heard if before or not. However: this goes for just 1 language"
[Tue Jan 13 22:10:45 2009] : DM: ooc time to begin the ritual I think.
[Tue Jan 13 22:11:02 2009] : Dan: Dan takes the dagger and enters the temple
[Tue Jan 13 22:11:33 2009] : Dan: "Did you also memorise the tongues spell Ali?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:11:52 2009] : Oona: "OK"
[Tue Jan 13 22:12:25 2009] : Dan: "I will cast it so that you can speak Infernal"
[Tue Jan 13 22:12:46 2009] : Aliatra: "Yes, I did, Dan"
[Tue Jan 13 22:12:47 2009] : Dan: "I think you ought to be able to speak it before we go in"
[Tue Jan 13 22:13:16 2009] : Dan: Dan casts a spell on himself
[Tue Jan 13 22:13:19 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Comprehend Languages (level 1) : Understand all spoken and written language (10 minutes/level)
[Tue Jan 13 22:13:34 2009] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Tongues (level 3): Understand and speak any language (Duration - 10 min/level)
[Tue Jan 13 22:13:43 2009] : Dan: "Give it a try Oona"
[Tue Jan 13 22:13:54 2009] : Dan: "I will be able to understand you"
[Tue Jan 13 22:14:15 2009] : Oona: Oona starts speaking in a language she is sure she never understood before
[Tue Jan 13 22:14:31 2009] : Oona: "!/?£$ô%"
[Tue Jan 13 22:15:25 2009] : Dan: "Dan listens"
[Tue Jan 13 22:15:34 2009] : Dan: "I understood that"
[Tue Jan 13 22:15:40 2009] : Dan: ooc presumably ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 22:16:12 2009] : Dan: "The two spells I just cast will last for two hours"
[Tue Jan 13 22:16:24 2009] : Oona: "Good"
[Tue Jan 13 22:16:52 2009] : Dan: "And I'll understand everything said in infernal too"
[Tue Jan 13 22:18:31 2009] : Dan: Dan takes out the incantation, pricks his finger with the knife and performs the ritual
[Tue Jan 13 22:19:25 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra clasps her sword
[Tue Jan 13 22:19:36 2009] : DM: A large silvery portal opens in front of the altar, It's larger that then the portals you've seen before and stands about 3 m in diameter.
[Tue Jan 13 22:19:38 2009] : Adrin: Adrin readies himself
[Tue Jan 13 22:19:57 2009] : DM: The portal is vertical and easy to step into.
[Tue Jan 13 22:20:43 2009] : Dan: "In we go then?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:20:56 2009] : Dan: "Hold hands as usual"
[Tue Jan 13 22:20:58 2009] : Aliatra: "We got this far"
[Tue Jan 13 22:21:07 2009] : Oona: Oona readies her weapons
[Tue Jan 13 22:21:11 2009] : Oona: "Let us go"
[Tue Jan 13 22:21:29 2009] : Dan: "Ali, will you lead, Oona last I guess"
[Tue Jan 13 22:21:45 2009] : Dan: "Or are we on business for Asmerdyas?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:21:58 2009] : Dan: "Slaves or business?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:22:06 2009] : Adrin: "Surely if we're supposed to be here on business we should look comfortable and not about to kill everything"
[Tue Jan 13 22:22:08 2009] : DM: ooc you're all still armored and armed.
[Tue Jan 13 22:22:35 2009] : Dan: "Business it is, we can't really be seen with armour and weapons as slaves"
[Tue Jan 13 22:22:41 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra puts her sword away, looking cool, calm and collected
[Tue Jan 13 22:22:43 2009] : Dan: "Off we go"
[Tue Jan 13 22:23:01 2009] : DM: You step through the portal.
[Tue Jan 13 22:23:04 2009] : Aliatra: "Step this way please, lady and gentlemen"
[Tue Jan 13 22:24:15 2009] : DM: The air is hot and dry and filled with smoke and ash making your eyes sting and water.
[Tue Jan 13 22:24:52 2009] : Dan: Dan wipes his eyes
[Tue Jan 13 22:24:55 2009] : DM: The coarse black sand crunches beneath your feats and forms dunes and hillocks.
[Tue Jan 13 22:25:26 2009] : Adrin: "Not quite what we left, is it?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:25:37 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra refuses to show the smoke and ash bother her
[Tue Jan 13 22:25:42 2009] : DM: There's a smell of burning and sulphur in the air and distant rumbles of sound can be heard.
[Tue Jan 13 22:25:47 2009] : Oona: "So what's our story?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:25:57 2009] : Aliatra: "Get in, take care of business and get out again"
[Tue Jan 13 22:25:59 2009] : Dan: "It's a charming place. Let's crack on as the spell only lasts two hours"
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:05 2009] : DM: A small pool of orange-red lava bubbles slowly nearby.
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:12 2009] : Adrin: "We're here on business, and you're in charge of us"
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:23 2009] : DM: Lounging on large saw-toothed glaives are three devils.
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:38 2009] : Adrin: "Sub contractor style?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:48 2009] : Dan: "We're Asmerdyas's agents on the prime plane. We're off to speak to her about a development that only she can hear about"
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:49 2009] : Oona: "What business could be ours?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:56 2009] : DM: Their pointed ears twitch to alertness as they see you enter through the portal now closed behind you.
[Tue Jan 13 22:26:59 2009] : Oona: "Ah right, that sounds good"
[Tue Jan 13 22:27:24 2009] : Dan: "On pain of death"
[Tue Jan 13 22:27:40 2009] : Dan: "To both us and the person asking"
[Tue Jan 13 22:27:59 2009] : DM: They seems to have a moist scaly skin and you wonder how it stays moist in this searing heat, a large tail and clawed hands and feet.
[Tue Jan 13 22:28:13 2009] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [2,21] = (23)
[Tue Jan 13 22:28:22 2009] : Oona: Oona straightens herself and hails the devils
[Tue Jan 13 22:28:24 2009] : Aliatra: "Charmed, I'm sure"
[Tue Jan 13 22:28:33 2009] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17)
[Tue Jan 13 22:28:46 2009] : Adrin: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Jan 13 22:28:58 2009] : DM: Their long snakey beards mark them to be barbazu or bearded devils. Devils lower in the hierarchy than both the erinyes and hamatulas that you've met previously.
[Tue Jan 13 22:29:19 2009] : Dan: Dan whispers
[Tue Jan 13 22:29:32 2009] : Beared devil: "Krak Gannar Thazak?!", one speaks in a gutteral voice.
[Tue Jan 13 22:29:51 2009] : Dan: "bearded devils, or barbazu - fairly low ranking, treat them as impudent"
[Tue Jan 13 22:29:53 2009] : Oona: ooc whatever that means :)
[Tue Jan 13 22:30:03 2009] : Oona: ooc Craig forgot to cast the spell on Delphine!
[Tue Jan 13 22:30:16 2009] : Dan: ooc :-)
[Tue Jan 13 22:30:28 2009] : Oona: inf. "You, there! Where can we find Asmerdyas? Our errand suffers no delay"
[Tue Jan 13 22:30:33 2009] : Oona: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18)
[Tue Jan 13 22:30:39 2009] : Oona: ooc +20 :)
[Tue Jan 13 22:30:58 2009] : Beared devil: It repeats the question, sounding more insistent.
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:05 2009] : Beared devil: "Krak Gannar Thazak?!"
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:05 2009] : Dan: ooc my speech is all in whisper until further notice
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:24 2009] : Oona: ooc how do we want to do this
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:32 2009] : Oona: ooc ie. IM or not?
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:42 2009] : Dan: "They respect authority, her punishment may be enough warning"
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:44 2009] : Oona: It's easier if we do it here, and we assume I translate
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:51 2009] : Beared devil: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 13 22:31:52 2009] : Oona: ooc Dave?
[Tue Jan 13 22:32:16 2009] : Oona: com. "Dan, translate for the others"
[Tue Jan 13 22:32:23 2009] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Jan 13 22:32:49 2009] : Oona: inf. "Who are you to ask this of us? We are special envoys on another plane, and our business is none of yours"
[Tue Jan 13 22:33:07 2009] : Dan: ooc my translations are voiced low, but not quite whispers (and I won't type them). my speech to Oona is in a low whisper
[Tue Jan 13 22:33:30 2009] : Oona: inf. "We need to see Asmerdyas to report. The longer the delay, the closer your death, and ours."
[Tue Jan 13 22:33:48 2009] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 13 22:33:56 2009] : Oona: ooc they asked what our purpose here is
[Tue Jan 13 22:34:32 2009] : Beared devil: The devil grumbles. "Thak nar Ik charn quink" (they never tell us anything)
[Tue Jan 13 22:35:24 2009] : Beared devil: The devil waves a clawed hand to a rough path of crushed gravel. "Xan krin." (that way).
[Tue Jan 13 22:35:26 2009] : Oona: "Shak Lik Mâr Tohd" (And why should they?) Oona shrugs
[Tue Jan 13 22:35:57 2009] : Beared devil: They lower their weapons and go back to their previous lounging and bored posture.
[Tue Jan 13 22:36:16 2009] : Oona: "Klak. Esty Mo? " (thank you. How far?)
[Tue Jan 13 22:36:45 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks slightly bored but alert
[Tue Jan 13 22:36:46 2009] : DM: "Twa tak" (two days)
[Tue Jan 13 22:37:24 2009] : Oona: "Let us go"
[Tue Jan 13 22:37:47 2009] : Oona: Oona steps forward and motions her companions
[Tue Jan 13 22:38:43 2009] : Aliatra: "2 bloody days of walking, we should have taken those shadow horses"
[Tue Jan 13 22:38:45 2009] : Dan: "Two days? Let's hope we don't see too many devils who want to speak in that time"
[Tue Jan 13 22:38:58 2009] : Oona: "Indeed"
[Tue Jan 13 22:39:08 2009] : Dan: "That may have made us somewhat conspicuous"
[Tue Jan 13 22:39:28 2009] : Dan: "We'll get nowhere if we don't crack on"
[Tue Jan 13 22:39:48 2009] : Dan: Dan follows Oona
[Tue Jan 13 22:39:49 2009] : Adrin: "Lets get moving then"
[Tue Jan 13 22:40:02 2009] : DM: You step onto the rough path into the yellow-grey smog filling the air.
[Tue Jan 13 22:40:22 2009] : DM: Visibility is very poor and you can only see about 150 ft.
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:21 2009] : DM: You walk for two hours among the black sand dunes and jagged rock formations and bubbling and stinking pools of lava when...
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:35 2009] : Dan: "Something to remember Oona is that these creatures are lawful"
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:36 2009] : DM: Listen checks.
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:43 2009] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:53 2009] : Dan: "They respect a chain of command, or are at least fearful of it"
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:53 2009] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [8,12] = (20)
[Tue Jan 13 22:41:57 2009] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Jan 13 22:42:31 2009] : Aliatra: Aliatra crunches on
[Tue Jan 13 22:42:53 2009] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16)
[Tue Jan 13 22:43:54 2009] : Dan: ooc "Ah crap, I thinnk I just failed a listen check" ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 22:44:35 2009] : Adrin: "Shhhh,can you hear that?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:44:48 2009] : Adrin: "umm south east, I think"
[Tue Jan 13 22:45:26 2009] : Dan: Dan looks in that direction
[Tue Jan 13 22:45:28 2009] : Adrin: Adrin points
[Tue Jan 13 22:45:52 2009] : DM: You all look to the south east, a loud, low buzzing noise approaches.
[Tue Jan 13 22:45:58 2009] : DM: Spot checks from everyone
[Tue Jan 13 22:46:07 2009] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18)
[Tue Jan 13 22:46:09 2009] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Jan 13 22:46:16 2009] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23)
[Tue Jan 13 22:46:49 2009] : Aliatra: "Huh? What do you hear?"
[Tue Jan 13 22:47:21 2009] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jan 13 22:48:21 2009] : DM: The smog swirls as four flying creatures burst through the smog, about 50 ft up in the air.
[Tue Jan 13 22:48:41 2009] : Adrin: "That!"
[Tue Jan 13 22:49:11 2009] : Aliatra: "Aha!"
[Tue Jan 13 22:49:16 2009] : DM: The lead creature is aking to a giant wasp the size of a horse, all black and chitinous with a disturbingly female face and wicked clawed legs and mandibles.
[Tue Jan 13 22:49:37 2009] : DM: Oona spots the creatures momentarily before the others (ooc surprise round).
[Tue Jan 13 22:50:18 2009] : Dan: ooc sounds purty ;-)
[Tue Jan 13 22:50:41 2009] : DM: Following is another wasp-like devil and flanking it is a pair of erinyes, their flight looking effortless compared to the rapid buzzing wings of the advespas.
[Tue Jan 13 22:51:05 2009] : Oona: Oona readies her bow
[Tue Jan 13 22:51:18 2009] : Oona: ooc wait.
[Tue Jan 13 22:51:21 2009] : Oona: ooc not.
[Tue Jan 13 22:51:38 2009] : DM: Now you see riding on the back of the 2nd advespa and woman, dressing a shining chain armour of pale white metal.
[Tue Jan 13 22:52:22 2009] : DM: Her feathered wings and folded and her red slitted eyes flash when she spies you.
[Tue Jan 13 22:52:45 2009] : Dan: "Prepare to bluff them Oona"
[Tue Jan 13 22:53:00 2009] : Asmerdyas: "You!", shrieks Asmerdyas. "You think you fight me here!"
[Tue Jan 13 22:53:06 2009] : Asmerdyas: GAME END