Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Dec 2 19:29:36 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Dec 2 19:30:29 2008] : Oona: ooc how about during these two weeks I manage to take out one of those big hulk spikey thingies :)
[Tue Dec 2 19:30:29 2008] : Adrin: "So do you think that wizard guy will be back by now?"
[Tue Dec 2 19:30:36 2008] : Oona: "I sure hope so!"
[Tue Dec 2 19:30:45 2008] : Aliatra: "According to his letter, yes"
[Tue Dec 2 19:30:47 2008] : Oona: "Because I am fed up with waiting around!"
[Tue Dec 2 19:31:02 2008] : DM: This morning you have your appointment with the Wizard Evrard. You've justed finised breakfast in the inn and looking outside you see the weather is overcast and rather gloomy. Looks like it might rain later.
[Tue Dec 2 19:31:42 2008] : Dan: Dan observes the sky and appears unimpressed
[Tue Dec 2 19:31:49 2008] : Adrin: "Rain again?"
[Tue Dec 2 19:32:21 2008] : Aliatra: "Stop complaining, it never helps"
[Tue Dec 2 19:32:32 2008] : Dan: ooc I could have done some research on the steel-bronze items if you think that level 12 is enough to get more info DM
[Tue Dec 2 19:32:50 2008] : Dan: ooc although I guess that I wouldn't know until I tried!
[Tue Dec 2 19:33:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 2 19:33:48 2008] : Adrin: "I suppose you love the rain?"
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:10 2008] : Dan: Dan spent the two weeks examining the steel-bronze
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:13 2008] : Aliatra: "Not really, but bitching about the weather never changes it"
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:14 2008] : Oona: "I'll complain if I feel like it"
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:20 2008] : DM: ooc the next level would be a DC35 check.
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:21 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [5,23] = (28)
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:22 2008] : Oona: Oona gets ready to go
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:23 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [9,23] = (32)
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:39 2008] : Dan: ooc take 10?
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:51 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe I just haven't bitched enough yet"
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:55 2008] : DM: ooc and auto fail?
[Tue Dec 2 19:34:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:05 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:05 2008] : Dan: ooc still a fail, d'oh!
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:16 2008] : Oona: ooc what is a golem immune to?
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:16 2008] : Adrin: ooc want to go out and come back in again?
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:27 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:38 2008] : Dan: "Well, I guess I'm just not learned enough in magical mysteries yet"
[Tue Dec 2 19:35:42 2008] : DM: ooc Level iV steel bronze research costs 16,000 gp.
[Tue Dec 2 19:36:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc eek
[Tue Dec 2 19:36:24 2008] : Dan: ooc I thought I hadn't done level 3 yet - besides, we don't have enough cash!
[Tue Dec 2 19:36:54 2008] : DM: ooc okay.
[Tue Dec 2 19:38:58 2008] : DM: It's starts drizzling outside.
[Tue Dec 2 19:39:10 2008] : Dan: "We should go and see if Evrard is back"
[Tue Dec 2 19:39:52 2008] : Adrin: "I should get myself a hat"
[Tue Dec 2 19:39:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Dec 2 19:40:45 2008] : Oona: ooc seriously, what is a golem immune/not immune to
[Tue Dec 2 19:40:50 2008] : DM: ooc are barbarian's proficient in hats?
[Tue Dec 2 19:41:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc depends on the style
[Tue Dec 2 19:41:16 2008] : DM: ooc Oona, ask Dan in character.
[Tue Dec 2 19:43:06 2008] : Oona: ooc I wanted to use my two weeks to buy the stuff that would work against the golem
[Tue Dec 2 19:43:22 2008] : Oona: "Dan, can you recapitulate what a golem is afraid of. Or immune to?"
[Tue Dec 2 19:43:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra checks her weapons and is ready to go
[Tue Dec 2 19:43:31 2008] : Oona: "I want to know if I've prepared the right things, just in case"
[Tue Dec 2 19:43:50 2008] : Dan: "Most of them are pretty immune"
[Tue Dec 2 19:44:04 2008] : Dan: "To both physical and magical damage"
[Tue Dec 2 19:44:20 2008] : Dan: "It really depends on the golem type"
[Tue Dec 2 19:44:43 2008] : Dan: "Although they share some traits and a group name, they can be quite different"
[Tue Dec 2 19:44:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc phone
[Tue Dec 2 19:45:09 2008] : Dan: "Some spells affect them in specific ways"
[Tue Dec 2 19:45:47 2008] : Dan: "Like flesh golems being slowed by fire and cold, but healed by electricity"
[Tue Dec 2 19:46:19 2008] : Dan: "If you want to be really certain to hit most golems and damage them..."
[Tue Dec 2 19:46:57 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [2,21] = (23)
[Tue Dec 2 19:47:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Ye-es ..."
[Tue Dec 2 19:47:10 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Dec 2 19:47:20 2008] : Dan: "Then buy an adamantine weapon"
[Tue Dec 2 19:48:01 2008] : Dan: "But seriously, we aren't going to get into a fight with Evrard or his golem"
[Tue Dec 2 19:49:14 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm not planning to anyway"
[Tue Dec 2 19:49:39 2008] : Oona: "Neither am I. "
[Tue Dec 2 19:49:50 2008] : Oona: "But I'd rather be safe than sorry"
[Tue Dec 2 19:50:56 2008] : Dan: "Adamantine weapons are a good failsafe for quite a few hardy monsters"
[Tue Dec 2 19:51:30 2008] : Dan: "You could do worse than to own a spare sword made of it"
[Tue Dec 2 19:51:54 2008] : Adrin: "Not a bad idea Dan. Can never have too many swords"
[Tue Dec 2 19:52:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue Dec 2 19:53:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Good weapons always are a great asset"
[Tue Dec 2 19:55:35 2008] : Dan: Dan packs up his pack and heads for the door
[Tue Dec 2 19:55:46 2008] : Dan: "Let's go see Evrard"
[Tue Dec 2 19:56:03 2008] : Adrin: "I hate this type of rain"
[Tue Dec 2 19:56:06 2008] : Dan: "I spent some time painting the caverns from my memory"
[Tue Dec 2 19:56:21 2008] : Dan: Dan shows his paintings
[Tue Dec 2 19:56:25 2008] : Dan: Craft: Painting Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21)
[Tue Dec 2 19:56:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Looks just like them"
[Tue Dec 2 19:57:39 2008] : Adrin: "Do you think there's anything we shouldn't mention?"
[Tue Dec 2 19:57:48 2008] : Dan: "Thanks"
[Tue Dec 2 19:58:24 2008] : Dan: "He's not academy affiliated, so probably nothing"
[Tue Dec 2 19:58:30 2008] : DM: Dan's paintings are a good likely of the caverns with plenty of fine detail of the architecture and magical devices.
[Tue Dec 2 19:58:42 2008] : Dan: "At least I can't think of anything..."
[Tue Dec 2 19:59:07 2008] : Dan: "unless we don't reveal that there's a myconid colony there"
[Tue Dec 2 19:59:26 2008] : Adrin: "Thats the thing I was thinking of"
[Tue Dec 2 19:59:39 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 19:59
[Tue Dec 2 19:59:56 2008] : Dan: "I don't like to think of them being disturbed by powerful wizards who want to take them apart to see how they work"
[Tue Dec 2 20:00:03 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(4) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Dec 2 20:00:04 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:00
[Tue Dec 2 20:00:26 2008] : Aliatra: "How else do you find out how anything works?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:00:56 2008] : Dan: ooc I think you missed that we were talking about the Myconids!
[Tue Dec 2 20:01:17 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles and winks at Dan
[Tue Dec 2 20:01:34 2008] : Aliatra: "I thought you were the researcher here"
[Tue Dec 2 20:02:02 2008] : Dan: "I don't pull apart sentient beings to examine their anatomies"
[Tue Dec 2 20:02:24 2008] : Dan: "Except ones that attacked us first"
[Tue Dec 2 20:02:30 2008] : Aliatra: "So the Myconids are off topic. What else?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:02:45 2008] : Dan: "Nothing as far as I remember"
[Tue Dec 2 20:03:29 2008] : Dan: "Let's go then"
[Tue Dec 2 20:03:45 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm ready"
[Tue Dec 2 20:03:48 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, I was hoping we could stall till the rain went off"
[Tue Dec 2 20:04:48 2008] : Dan: "It may rain all day Adrin."
[Tue Dec 2 20:04:59 2008] : Dan: "I'd have thought that you's want to get out"
[Tue Dec 2 20:05:51 2008] : DM: It doesn't take you long to reach Evrard's tower. The door knocker ignores you.
[Tue Dec 2 20:06:23 2008] : Dan: "Tell Evrard that the adventurers he invited are here"
[Tue Dec 2 20:06:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Please"
[Tue Dec 2 20:07:15 2008] : Dan: "Umm, please"
[Tue Dec 2 20:07:36 2008] : DM: The door knocker sighs. "You're expected, go right on in."
[Tue Dec 2 20:07:42 2008] : DM: The door swings open.
[Tue Dec 2 20:08:26 2008] : Aliatra: "Thank you so much"
[Tue Dec 2 20:08:48 2008] : Aliatra: ooc "Please" wasn't for Dan but for the knocker
[Tue Dec 2 20:08:56 2008] : Dan: Dan walks up to the door of the tower
[Tue Dec 2 20:09:04 2008] : DM: The door opens out onto a courtyard garden with paved and gravel areas and beds with herbs and other plants.
[Tue Dec 2 20:09:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Dec 2 20:09:22 2008] : Dan: ooc sure, but Dan felt he should say it
[Tue Dec 2 20:10:34 2008] : DM: The door to the tower opens and a flesh golem peers out, it sees you and opens the door all the way, stepping aside.
[Tue Dec 2 20:11:16 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Dec 2 20:11:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 2 20:11:22 2008] : Dan: "Shall we?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:11:23 2008] : DM: Once inside he leads you to Evrards study and library on the 2nd floor.
[Tue Dec 2 20:11:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Thank you"
[Tue Dec 2 20:11:59 2008] : DM: Evrard is seated on a comfy armchair beside the fireplace.
[Tue Dec 2 20:12:53 2008] : DM: He's a human, maybe 50 or so with gray hair, a rather fine beard and glasses.
[Tue Dec 2 20:13:06 2008] : Dan: ooc what colour robes does he have? Anything giving a clue to his spell school?
[Tue Dec 2 20:13:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Greetings, Evrard"
[Tue Dec 2 20:14:16 2008] : Evrard: He's rich robes of dark brown are edged with yellow, suggesting his school is conjuration.
[Tue Dec 2 20:14:34 2008] : Evrard: "Hello. hello, do come in and take a seat", he waves to some other armchairs and a sofa.
[Tue Dec 2 20:15:01 2008] : Dan: "Ah, how very pleasant... Would you by any chance be a fellow conjurer?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:15:55 2008] : Dan: Dan takes out his rolled up canvasses and sits
[Tue Dec 2 20:16:05 2008] : Evrard: "Why yes. It's always a pleasure to meet a like-minded wizard who remains unassociated with that damned college."
[Tue Dec 2 20:16:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra sits down
[Tue Dec 2 20:16:39 2008] : Evrard: "I've heard you have a bit of a run in with them yourselves?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:17:07 2008] : Aliatra: "More with some of their hired help, actually"
[Tue Dec 2 20:17:34 2008] : Aliatra: "but you are well informed"
[Tue Dec 2 20:17:41 2008] : Dan: "They had rather a strange attitude to spoils gained in the act of defending yourself"
[Tue Dec 2 20:18:09 2008] : Evrard: "I like to keep ahead of what's going on in the wizarding circles."
[Tue Dec 2 20:18:10 2008] : Dan: "If you disarm an assassin you hardly put the blade back in his hand at another's whim"
[Tue Dec 2 20:18:18 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:00 2008] : Evrard: "Quite, the College may be filled with brilliant minds but they do rather lack in common sense and have very little appreciation for the real world."
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:08 2008] : Dan: "As it was, I was so angry at their arrogance that we also absconded with all of the items that we had found on their behalf"
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:22 2008] : Evrard: Evrard waves the golem away and it heads downstairs.
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:36 2008] : Evrard: Evrard chuckles.
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:48 2008] : Oona: Oona just stays at the back of the party, lookign around, making sure she places every door, every potential weapon, etc.
[Tue Dec 2 20:19:58 2008] : Dan: "Which brings us to why we are here.."
[Tue Dec 2 20:20:00 2008] : Adrin: "That was an interesting day"
[Tue Dec 2 20:20:13 2008] : Dan: "We seek information, but also have some to give in exchange"
[Tue Dec 2 20:20:24 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30)
[Tue Dec 2 20:20:26 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [2,17] = (19)
[Tue Dec 2 20:20:57 2008] : Evrard: "Yes, something about this archological expedition?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:21:08 2008] : Dan: "We have first hand details of the cavern city that was of such interest to the Wizards, and yet which they did not deign to enter without us clearing it"
[Tue Dec 2 20:21:16 2008] : Oona: Once sh's got the lay of the room, Oona concentrates on Evrard
[Tue Dec 2 20:21:35 2008] : Oona: Trying to make out his motives.
[Tue Dec 2 20:21:51 2008] : Aliatra: "And after we cleaned it, they seemed to feel quite alright with us almost being assassinated"
[Tue Dec 2 20:22:05 2008] : Dan: "We seek information, if you have it, on a certain half-devil and want to be demi-goddess called Asmerdyas"
[Tue Dec 2 20:23:09 2008] : Adrin: "Oh I think Almost assassinated is a little exagerration"
[Tue Dec 2 20:24:12 2008] : Dan: "Another bunch of thugs took umbrage that we also were searching the ruins"
[Tue Dec 2 20:24:32 2008] : Evrard: "I've heard of her, but before I talk about her. Let me see what you have for me."
[Tue Dec 2 20:25:20 2008] : Dan: "We have descriptions of some of the artefacts in the caverns, and detailed paintings of both them and the architecture"
[Tue Dec 2 20:25:34 2008] : Oona: ooc oops, did you see that?
[Tue Dec 2 20:25:49 2008] : Evrard: ooc I didn't see anything
[Tue Dec 2 20:25:49 2008] : Aliatra: ooc See what?
[Tue Dec 2 20:25:56 2008] : Oona: ooc k
[Tue Dec 2 20:26:14 2008] : Dan: Dan hands over his paintings and describes what the show
[Tue Dec 2 20:26:44 2008] : Dan: Dan goes into particular detail regarding the 'power' crystal room that lit up the city
[Tue Dec 2 20:27:10 2008] : Evrard: Evrard is intruiged and studied the paintings carefully. "Facinating. I think this is going to require further study."
[Tue Dec 2 20:27:28 2008] : Dan: "You may keep the paintings"
[Tue Dec 2 20:27:33 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16)
[Tue Dec 2 20:27:36 2008] : Evrard: "Such a magical items could have many useful applications.
[Tue Dec 2 20:27:42 2008] : Oona: ooc sorry, I'm trying shortcuts :/
[Tue Dec 2 20:27:46 2008] : Dan: ooc we saw that
[Tue Dec 2 20:28:12 2008] : Evrard: "Now, let me give you some information on this Asmerdyas woman."
[Tue Dec 2 20:28:18 2008] : Dan: "It seemed to use electricity channeled through that huge cable"
[Tue Dec 2 20:28:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes please"
[Tue Dec 2 20:28:27 2008] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Dec 2 20:29:20 2008] : Evrard: "As you know she's not a pure devil but a half-devil, this means her position within the hierarchy is not as safe as it could be."
[Tue Dec 2 20:29:27 2008] : Adrin: Adrin sits forward with interest
[Tue Dec 2 20:30:18 2008] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Dec 2 20:30:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Is that why she poses as a goddess, to impress mortals and thereby become more important?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:30:32 2008] : Evrard: "All her equals hate her because she's part human, all her superiors are wary of her human cunning and unpredicability and those beneath her view her human side as a weakness and will sieze any opputunity to gain advantage."
[Tue Dec 2 20:31:23 2008] : Adrin: "But if we bargain with one of them we end up in the same position again"
[Tue Dec 2 20:31:29 2008] : Evrard: "As a consequence she is rather sidelined and seems to have taken more interest in human affairs and interferring with other planes."
[Tue Dec 2 20:31:49 2008] : Evrard: "Yes, a bargin with a devil is not something I can recommend."
[Tue Dec 2 20:31:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Her position doesn't seem to be enviable"
[Tue Dec 2 20:31:59 2008] : Oona: Oona relaxes a bit and gets closer to listen to Evrad
[Tue Dec 2 20:32:22 2008] : Dan: Dan explains how she used us to banish Shadroth from the plane of shadow
[Tue Dec 2 20:32:34 2008] : Dan: "Does this do anything to the balance of power?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:33:47 2008] : Evrard: "In the short term perhaps, I think Asmerdyas has not the skills to truely harness the power of the Plane of Shadows."
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:16 2008] : Dan: "Well, we'd rather like to remove her, to prevent further trouble down the line"
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:19 2008] : Aliatra: "She couldn't even have 4 humans killed"
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:21 2008] : Evrard: "There are already grumblings on the planes of hell that the attack was a waste of resources and her support will soon wane."
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:29 2008] : Oona: "Or even just before she removes us"
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:46 2008] : Dan: "We have a means of porting to the plane of hell where she is resident."
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:54 2008] : Evrard: "Oh?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:35:54 2008] : Adrin: "She had a damn good try to kill us"
[Tue Dec 2 20:36:22 2008] : Dan: "But obviously we need as much information as possible before we attempt anything rash"
[Tue Dec 2 20:38:10 2008] : Evrard: "Well, she is likely to have only a core of dedicated supporters. The rest will likely stand aside if they think you will remove her."
[Tue Dec 2 20:38:22 2008] : Adrin: "Likely?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:38:58 2008] : Evrard: "Whilst I have many eyes and ears across many planes, I cannot say for certain what any group might do."
[Tue Dec 2 20:39:27 2008] : Aliatra: "Of course not"
[Tue Dec 2 20:40:02 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps we should carry a placard with us that says "We've come to kill Asmerdyas, stand aside and she'll be out of your way". That would be one way to advertise it"
[Tue Dec 2 20:40:32 2008] : Adrin: "Kinda ruins the element of surprise though"
[Tue Dec 2 20:40:35 2008] : Evrard: "What you do is your choice. Do you take the fight to her with a surprise attack or do you wait and fortify yourselves here on this plane?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:40:59 2008] : Evrard: "Who can say what the best plan is?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:41:01 2008] : Adrin: "What would you suggest?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:41:58 2008] : Dan: "I don't think that Adrin could wait it out and fortify"
[Tue Dec 2 20:42:16 2008] : Dan: "He's much more of a take the fight to them guy"
[Tue Dec 2 20:42:17 2008] : Evrard: "I cannot tell which is the better option. Although I have some items that can help with either path."
[Tue Dec 2 20:42:30 2008] : Dan: "And I have to say that I also prefer the direct approach"
[Tue Dec 2 20:42:56 2008] : Evrard: "Well, when I say I have some items it's more correct to say I know of some items that may be of use."
[Tue Dec 2 20:42:56 2008] : Adrin: "I'm also a Let not make it harder for ourselves guy"
[Tue Dec 2 20:43:04 2008] : Aliatra: "What kind of items?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:43:40 2008] : Adrin: "and where are they?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:43:59 2008] : Aliatra: "I would prefer to not leave her the initiative"
[Tue Dec 2 20:44:35 2008] : Oona: "I tend to agree with Ali. Not leaving her time to react. Sometimes the better defense is the attack"
[Tue Dec 2 20:44:37 2008] : Evrard: "One is an amulet, a minor warding charm against extraplanar creatures. The wearer becomes... unremarkable."
[Tue Dec 2 20:44:58 2008] : Oona: Oona raises an eyebrow
[Tue Dec 2 20:45:04 2008] : Oona: "unremarkable?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:45:18 2008] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Dec 2 20:45:24 2008] : Dan: "Useful indeed"
[Tue Dec 2 20:45:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Very"
[Tue Dec 2 20:46:02 2008] : Oona: "It sounds like that potion I boughté
[Tue Dec 2 20:46:03 2008] : Evrard: "It could be of use to enter Asmerdyas's palace but I'm not entirely sure of it's powers."
[Tue Dec 2 20:46:28 2008] : Oona: "Won't her human side make her immune to it?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:46:45 2008] : Evrard: "The wearer isn't invisible but others will simply view them as ordinary, as though they're meant to be there. Or something like that."
[Tue Dec 2 20:46:47 2008] : Oona: "Or something. I mean, I'm not sure how all of this magic works"
[Tue Dec 2 20:47:02 2008] : Oona: "Oh, I like that."
[Tue Dec 2 20:47:18 2008] : Evrard: "Yes, Asmerdyas is likely to be unaffected."
[Tue Dec 2 20:47:25 2008] : Oona: "Sounds like a useful little tool for scouting and things"
[Tue Dec 2 20:47:31 2008] : Evrard: "Now the other items is not really so portable."
[Tue Dec 2 20:48:29 2008] : Evrard: "High in the eastern mountains is a stone circle built in ancient times as a defense against devils and demons."
[Tue Dec 2 20:48:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes"
[Tue Dec 2 20:49:15 2008] : Evrard: "I do not know what the exact properties and its magic has been weakened greatly over the years."
[Tue Dec 2 20:49:27 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, sounds quite useful"
[Tue Dec 2 20:49:37 2008] : Evrard: "I think that is all the information I can provide."
[Tue Dec 2 20:50:18 2008] : Adrin: "Do you know where we can find this amulet?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:51:21 2008] : Evrard: "Oh yes, the college holds its. Sort of."
[Tue Dec 2 20:51:46 2008] : Adrin: "Sort of?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:51:46 2008] : Evrard: "It's buried with one of the former leaders of the Conjuration school."
[Tue Dec 2 20:51:57 2008] : Dan: "Right, stone circle it is"
[Tue Dec 2 20:52:04 2008] : Evrard: "You're familiar with the cemetary on the outside of the city?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:52:08 2008] : Oona: "Buried?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:52:09 2008] : Dan: "I long to see mountains again"
[Tue Dec 2 20:53:19 2008] : Evrard: "Entombed in the Colleges crypts, getting in won't be easy."
[Tue Dec 2 20:53:46 2008] : Adrin: "I assume they have magical protection"
[Tue Dec 2 20:53:57 2008] : Evrard: "Of course."
[Tue Dec 2 20:54:31 2008] : Aliatra: "Can you tell us more about that protection?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:54:44 2008] : Dan: "Has this wizard been buried with other useful items that deserve to see the light of day again?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:55:22 2008] : Adrin: "Are you saying we could raid this place?"
[Tue Dec 2 20:55:45 2008] : Evrard: "It's likley but the amulet is the only one I have specific knowledge on."
[Tue Dec 2 20:56:23 2008] : Dan: "I will never understand why the dead are entombed with useful and valuable items"
[Tue Dec 2 20:56:51 2008] : Adrin: "Me neither"
[Tue Dec 2 20:56:51 2008] : Evrard: "There are likely to be traps and magical guardians and undead in the necromantic area of the crypts."
[Tue Dec 2 20:57:16 2008] : Evrard: ooc if they weren't what would adventurers do for a livining? ;)
[Tue Dec 2 20:58:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 2 20:59:07 2008] : Dan: ooc :-)
[Tue Dec 2 20:59:45 2008] : Dan: "Well, I suggest that we investigate the amulet, but we try to find more info on the stone circle"
[Tue Dec 2 20:59:57 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Dec 2 21:00:04 2008] : Dan: "The temples may know more about it"
[Tue Dec 2 21:00:11 2008] : Evrard: Evrard hands over a map that shows the local of the circle.
[Tue Dec 2 21:00:50 2008] : Evrard: "I doubt anyone else in the city has knowledge of the circle. I think your only option would be to visit yourselves."
[Tue Dec 2 21:01:28 2008] : Dan: "Ah, you have a map. Thankyou"
[Tue Dec 2 21:02:01 2008] : Dan: "Should we return from any of these adventures, I would welcome returning to chat with you"
[Tue Dec 2 21:02:31 2008] : Dan: "I have had very little in the way of tutelage since I left the Eyrie realm"
[Tue Dec 2 21:02:44 2008] : Dan: "If of course you are agreeable"
[Tue Dec 2 21:02:51 2008] : Oona: "Evrard, I have one last question."
[Tue Dec 2 21:02:59 2008] : Evrard: "I'm always interested in new information from fellow freelance wizards but please make an appointed via the door knocker."
[Tue Dec 2 21:03:28 2008] : Evrard: "Very well, Oona."
[Tue Dec 2 21:03:36 2008] : Oona: "I suppose you would be one of the bystanders, when we face Asmerdyas?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:03:49 2008] : Dan: "Of course, I understand how easily research can be interrupted"
[Tue Dec 2 21:04:43 2008] : Oona: ooc I mean, one of the "aside people he talked about earlier"
[Tue Dec 2 21:04:45 2008] : Evrard: ooc uh. that's not the most diplomatic question you could have done. Do you want to rethink it?
[Tue Dec 2 21:05:14 2008] : Dan: Once Evrard has answered Oona Dan motions to the others to join him in a quick huddle...
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:02 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra huddles
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:06 2008] : Oona: ooc errr, I'm sorry, I fail to see how this is diplomatic or not diplomatic.
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:09 2008] : Oona: ooc :)
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:20 2008] : Dan: ooc just waiting for Oona's converstion to finish
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You're more or less accusing him of not taking sides
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:51 2008] : Oona: ooc, no, I'm asking him whether he would take sides.
[Tue Dec 2 21:06:57 2008] : Oona: ooc let me rephrase that then.
[Tue Dec 2 21:07:10 2008] : Dan: ooc he already di, he's helping us, but this is our fight
[Tue Dec 2 21:07:25 2008] : Evrard: Evrard looks sternly at Oona, "We have concluded our business, the trade of information, what happens next or what you do with the information is of no concern of mine. I do not appreciate the suggestion that should assist any futher."
[Tue Dec 2 21:07:47 2008] : Oona: "Oh, please forgive me, I didn't mean that I wanted you yto assist us in any way"
[Tue Dec 2 21:07:52 2008] : Evrard: "...the suggestion that I should assit any further."
[Tue Dec 2 21:07:56 2008] : Oona: "I know this is our fight, and I am happy to go on with it"
[Tue Dec 2 21:08:23 2008] : Oona: oona smiles.
[Tue Dec 2 21:08:25 2008] : Dan: "Your assistance so far is most assuredly appreciated"
[Tue Dec 2 21:08:35 2008] : Dan: Dan huddles
[Tue Dec 2 21:08:43 2008] : Evrard: "Very well, then I wish you good luck and good day."
[Tue Dec 2 21:09:03 2008] : Dan: *whisper* "I was going to suggest that we offer him one of the communication mirrors..."
[Tue Dec 2 21:09:21 2008] : Dan: *whisper* "But maybe it's not such a good idea"
[Tue Dec 2 21:09:24 2008] : Oona: "But I'll be happy to know that you won't be taking part in the fight, against or with us. Please don't take that as an insult. You have helped us most significantly. I am just overly cautious, I guess"
[Tue Dec 2 21:09:55 2008] : Oona: Oona looks apologetical
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:05 2008] : Aliatra: *whisper* "How would that help us?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:09 2008] : Adrin: *whisper* "Worth a try Dan"
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:10 2008] : Evrard: Evrard is now reading through one of Dan's notes and doesn't seem to be paying much attention.
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:31 2008] : Dan: *whisper* "He may want to offer more information"
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:35 2008] : Oona: *whisper* to do what?
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:41 2008] : Oona: *whisper* ok, why not.
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:51 2008] : Dan: "Evrard, one last thing..."
[Tue Dec 2 21:10:55 2008] : Adrin: *whisper* "and we can give him firsthand info"
[Tue Dec 2 21:11:03 2008] : Evrard: "Mmmm?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:11:03 2008] : Dan: "If it's not an imposition"
[Tue Dec 2 21:11:32 2008] : Dan: "We have in our possession a two way communication system in the form of hand mirrors"
[Tue Dec 2 21:11:39 2008] : Evrard: "Mmmm?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:12:01 2008] : Dan: "Would you be interested in keeping one of them, for communication purposes?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:12:37 2008] : Dan: "We don't mean to take much of your time, but I do feel that our co-operation is mutually beneficial"
[Tue Dec 2 21:12:57 2008] : Evrard: "Uh, no, I prefer not to be disturbed during research."
[Tue Dec 2 21:13:08 2008] : Dan: "OK, thanks for your time"
[Tue Dec 2 21:13:24 2008] : Dan: Dan heads out of the tower
[Tue Dec 2 21:13:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue Dec 2 21:13:56 2008] : Adrin: "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
[Tue Dec 2 21:14:18 2008] : Dan: "Indeed, and those mirrors are not doig much in our loot"
[Tue Dec 2 21:14:54 2008] : Aliatra: "Either we find a purpose for them or we sell them"
[Tue Dec 2 21:14:54 2008] : Oona: follows...
[Tue Dec 2 21:14:56 2008] : Dan: "So, if we're tomb raiding with magical traps and undead I suggest we prepare for some eventualities"
[Tue Dec 2 21:15:15 2008] : Oona: "I've already prepared for the undead"
[Tue Dec 2 21:15:26 2008] : Oona: Oona takes a potion out of her pocket."
[Tue Dec 2 21:15:41 2008] : Oona: "This is supposed to hide me from undead"
[Tue Dec 2 21:16:12 2008] : Dan: "I will need to rest to prepare appropriate spells"
[Tue Dec 2 21:16:29 2008] : Adrin: "Well, its not like the amulet is going anywhere"
[Tue Dec 2 21:16:56 2008] : Dan: "I'll need to be able to dispel plenty I guess, and I have a spell that works versus undead"
[Tue Dec 2 21:20:23 2008] : Oona: "My weapons are rather uselss against those ghost things"
[Tue Dec 2 21:20:31 2008] : Oona: "OR rather, my science"
[Tue Dec 2 21:22:43 2008] : Adrin: "I think some Holy Water could be useful"
[Tue Dec 2 21:23:26 2008] : Oona: "it's really kind of useless, I've been told, unless you have it in great quantities"
[Tue Dec 2 21:24:58 2008] : Adrin: "Its not useless if you've no other way of hurting something"
[Tue Dec 2 21:27:14 2008] : Aliatra: "I can help us move undetected through undead"
[Tue Dec 2 21:27:32 2008] : Dan: "I'd rather not move through them!"
[Tue Dec 2 21:27:54 2008] : Aliatra: "Or past them" Aliatra grins
[Tue Dec 2 21:28:05 2008] : Oona: "I might need that"
[Tue Dec 2 21:29:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Just don't touch or attack any one or they will see us all"
[Tue Dec 2 21:33:29 2008] : Adrin: "Is there anything else we need to do?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:34:06 2008] : Aliatra: "I'll need to pray before we head out"
[Tue Dec 2 21:34:14 2008] : Oona: "I think as long as we are here, we probably should go and see what the best way to get into this tomb is"
[Tue Dec 2 21:34:35 2008] : Oona: "Mind you, I am not sure that the wizards will be thrilled that we want to ransack the tomb of one of them"
[Tue Dec 2 21:34:48 2008] : Evrard: ooc you going to scout out the entrance, Oona?
[Tue Dec 2 21:34:50 2008] : Adrin: "They're not exactly our best friends now"
[Tue Dec 2 21:35:18 2008] : Aliatra: "So at least this won't make enemies out of them"
[Tue Dec 2 21:36:32 2008] : Oona: "I guess a little scouting around the graveyard before we all butt in might be a good idea?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:38:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds like a plan, Oona"
[Tue Dec 2 21:38:09 2008] : Evrard: The cemetary is open to the public during the daytime, you're free to wander about.
[Tue Dec 2 21:39:14 2008] : Oona: Oona scouts around, looking for the right grave
[Tue Dec 2 21:39:40 2008] : Oona: ooc searching for anything that would give me a clue as to what we might find underground/in the grave
[Tue Dec 2 21:39:42 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [20,17] = (37)
[Tue Dec 2 21:40:03 2008] : DM: The wizards crypt entrance is an impressive stone structure with a stout door of wood and a rather fancy looking lock.
[Tue Dec 2 21:40:23 2008] : Oona: ooc also looking to see if I find traps and whatnots on the door and around.
[Tue Dec 2 21:40:34 2008] : DM: Mourners and cemetary staff pass by every couple of minutes.
[Tue Dec 2 21:42:50 2008] : Oona: Oona, every time the staff approaches, takes a very concentrated and mournfoul look
[Tue Dec 2 21:43:36 2008] : DM: The staff don't seem to pay you much attention.
[Tue Dec 2 21:43:38 2008] : Oona: Oona goes back when she's made sure she knows her way in and out and has printed the lock's layout in her memory
[Tue Dec 2 21:44:13 2008] : Oona: ooc Getting back to her colleagues
[Tue Dec 2 21:44:36 2008] : Oona: "So the lock is a lock I can pick, but it might take a long time. Doing in daytime was not an option"
[Tue Dec 2 21:44:48 2008] : DM: At night the main cemetary gate is locked with a simple padlock and one of the staff keeps watch outside the gate,
[Tue Dec 2 21:45:03 2008] : Oona: "I couldn't find any traps, which does not mean that there aren't any, we're talking about wizards here"
[Tue Dec 2 21:45:25 2008] : Oona: "So I suggest we go back at night and get in"
[Tue Dec 2 21:45:43 2008] : Oona: "Someone needs to get rid of the staff before the entrance"
[Tue Dec 2 21:45:53 2008] : Aliatra: "I should be able to help with detecting magic traps on the door"
[Tue Dec 2 21:46:05 2008] : Dan: "Me too"
[Tue Dec 2 21:46:22 2008] : Dan: "I should imagine that the staff are gone at night Oona"
[Tue Dec 2 21:46:29 2008] : Adrin: "Well thats handy, because I wouldn't know where to start"
[Tue Dec 2 21:47:01 2008] : Oona: "I think one keeps guard"
[Tue Dec 2 21:47:07 2008] : Aliatra: "We are handy people to have around, Adrin, all 4 of us"
[Tue Dec 2 21:47:37 2008] : Adrin: "Is there a fence or wall we can get over?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:47:49 2008] : DM: The wall is only 6ft high.
[Tue Dec 2 21:48:55 2008] : Aliatra: "How high is the wall or fence around the cemetary, Oona?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:49:18 2008] : Oona: "There's the wall, yes. But breaking in through the gate would have the advantage that the gate is open if we need to get out fast"
[Tue Dec 2 21:49:21 2008] : Oona: 6 ft
[Tue Dec 2 21:49:34 2008] : Oona: "Six feet would be my guess"
[Tue Dec 2 21:49:38 2008] : Adrin: "We'd also have to get rid of the guard"
[Tue Dec 2 21:49:59 2008] : Adrin: "No point drawing more attention to ourselves than we have to"
[Tue Dec 2 21:50:03 2008] : Dan: "It might also attract the attention of the local watch Oona"
[Tue Dec 2 21:50:07 2008] : Aliatra: "We should be able to get over that easily and I would prefer not hurting any guards"
[Tue Dec 2 21:50:34 2008] : Dan: "We don't want people outside the cemetary to wonder why its gates are open"
[Tue Dec 2 21:51:03 2008] : Aliatra: "There is that as well"
[Tue Dec 2 21:52:01 2008] : Oona: "Errr, opening the lock does not mean leaving the gates wide open"
[Tue Dec 2 21:52:03 2008] : Dan: "Should we need a fast escape, I can use a dimension door spell"
[Tue Dec 2 21:52:07 2008] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Dec 2 21:52:23 2008] : Oona: "Right, that does the trick, I suppose"
[Tue Dec 2 21:52:28 2008] : Adrin: "But removing the guard would be noticed by someone"
[Tue Dec 2 21:52:29 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you already know where you would take us, Dan?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:53:05 2008] : Dan: "A typical item on the watch's agenda may be to check that the gates are locked, even if they are closed"
[Tue Dec 2 21:53:47 2008] : DM: ooc I never think of half of these problems you guys come up with.
[Tue Dec 2 21:54:01 2008] : Oona: ooc lol, does for flavour ;-)
[Tue Dec 2 21:54:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL that's what you get with DMíng for intelligent players ;)
[Tue Dec 2 21:54:40 2008] : Dan: ooc shhhh - apparently you're not supposed to tell us that, jus use the hooks!
[Tue Dec 2 21:55:54 2008] : Dan: "Shall we get going then? Or is it not yet dark enough?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:56:18 2008] : Aliatra: ooc DO NOT CORRECT THE DM, he might get pissed off and increase the number of monsters he sets against us
[Tue Dec 2 21:56:51 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm good to go"
[Tue Dec 2 21:57:19 2008] : DM: ooc your meeting would have taken about an hour, scouting the cemetary another hour. It's around noon now.
[Tue Dec 2 21:57:38 2008] : Aliatra: "But we'd better wait until dark"
[Tue Dec 2 21:57:44 2008] : Adrin: "Looks like we've got some time to kill. Beer?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:57:47 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL - Dan is apparently blind
[Tue Dec 2 21:58:12 2008] : Dan: "Probably not the best idea before we enter a trapped and haunted crypt Adrin"
[Tue Dec 2 21:58:36 2008] : Adrin: "Where's your sense of adventure?"
[Tue Dec 2 21:58:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Just one or two with lunch won't harm us none"
[Tue Dec 2 21:58:58 2008] : DM: ooc But think of the comedy there could be with a drunken barbarian in a trap filled tomb!
[Tue Dec 2 21:59:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Dec 2 21:59:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 2 21:59:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No rogue or trap sense needed that way ;)
[Tue Dec 2 22:01:36 2008] : DM: ooc you won't be able to raid the crypt tonight, since its only popped into existance an hour ago.
[Tue Dec 2 22:01:47 2008] : Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:00 2008] : DM: ooc shall we end it here and start next week outside the crypt at night?
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:16 2008] : Dan: ooc I'm not here for the next two weeks
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Fine by me
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:35 2008] : Dan: Unless I play at 5 am
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc off to Japan?
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:43 2008] : Dan: ooc Yes
[Tue Dec 2 22:02:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc nice
[Tue Dec 2 22:03:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc So play at 5 AM already
[Tue Dec 2 22:03:22 2008] : Dan: ooc kind of - essentially I'm handing my job over though :-(
[Tue Dec 2 22:03:34 2008] : DM: ooc ug. that sucks.
[Tue Dec 2 22:03:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah, not so nice then
[Tue Dec 2 22:04:02 2008] : DM: GAME END