Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Nov 18 19:57:21 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Nov 18 19:58:18 2008] : DM: You're trying to get some more information on Asmerdyas and are currently following up a lead with a renegade wizard living here in Southtown.
[Tue Nov 18 19:58:52 2008] : Oona: ooc Dave did you get my node last time?
[Tue Nov 18 19:59:08 2008] : DM: Earlier in the day you tried to pay him a visit but were turned away and you're now waiting for a reply from a request to exchange information.
[Tue Nov 18 19:59:28 2008] : Dan: Dan rests for the night and writes more spells in his spellbook
[Tue Nov 18 19:59:29 2008] : DM: ooc I have an Oona level 11.
[Tue Nov 18 19:59:53 2008] : Oona: ooc good
[Tue Nov 18 20:00:00 2008] : Oona: "So I guess we just wait?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:00:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra practices her fighting skills, eats, drinks and rests
[Tue Nov 18 20:00:10 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds dull"
[Tue Nov 18 20:00:21 2008] : DM: ooc I don't have a Adrin level 11 or Aliatra level 11
[Tue Nov 18 20:00:31 2008] : Aliatra: "So have a drink while you wait"
[Tue Nov 18 20:00:52 2008] : Aliatra has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Nov 18 20:01:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc But now you have an Aliatra
[Tue Nov 18 20:01:24 2008] : Dan: ooc Ali is level 12
[Tue Nov 18 20:02:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc I think I'm pretty close to L12 if you want to wait
[Tue Nov 18 20:02:15 2008] : DM: ooc okay Bert
[Tue Nov 18 20:02:26 2008] : Oona: Oona gets acquainted with her vest of escape and makes sure all pockets are filled with different tools.
[Tue Nov 18 20:02:43 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I know Aliatra is level 12, Craig :P
[Tue Nov 18 20:02:58 2008] : Dan: ooc that was to the DM :P
[Tue Nov 18 20:04:47 2008] : Dan: "Hah, a letter"
[Tue Nov 18 20:04:58 2008] : Dan: Dan reads it to the others
[Tue Nov 18 20:05:39 2008] : Dan: "Sir, I am interested in your offer of information but unfortunately I shall be away from Southtown for the next two weeks. Please attend my tower at 2 o'clock on Tuesday. Evrard."
[Tue Nov 18 20:05:59 2008] : Oona: ooc did I miss something? Or did the letter come in pm?
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:13 2008] : Oona: ooc Tuesday in two weeks?
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:14 2008] : Dan: ooc when is Tuesday ?
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:19 2008] : Adrin: "Umm what day is it?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:41 2008] : DM: ooc It's Monday I suppose.
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:45 2008] : Oona: ooc k
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:50 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I never saw a letter arrive either
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:51 2008] : Oona: "That would be tomorrow"
[Tue Nov 18 20:06:55 2008] : Dan: "So tomorrow"
[Tue Nov 18 20:07:05 2008] : Dan: "Excellent news"
[Tue Nov 18 20:07:17 2008] : DM: ooc The letter was addressed to Araydan.
[Tue Nov 18 20:07:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Not before time"
[Tue Nov 18 20:07:33 2008] : DM: ooc no, two weeks time.
[Tue Nov 18 20:07:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Really? I was the one that wrote the note to the wizard
[Tue Nov 18 20:07:48 2008] : Dan: "I figured if he was at odds with the other wizards he'd like to know what we found in the cavern city"
[Tue Nov 18 20:08:11 2008] : Dan: ooc I spoke to the door knocker
[Tue Nov 18 20:08:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc As did I *shrug*
[Tue Nov 18 20:08:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc a meeting of minds
[Tue Nov 18 20:08:50 2008] : DM: ooc It was addressed to the wizard in the party.
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:04 2008] : Aliatra: "So he prefers to communicate with wizards, I guess, ignoring my note and writing to you"
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:07 2008] : Dan: "Or does he mean in two week's time?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:07 2008] : Oona: ooc /me is confused about the Tuesday, is it tomorrow, or in two weeks? :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:29 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's go there tomorrow to be on the safe side"
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:32 2008] : Oona: "Ali, I don't think we have time to linger on who the letter was addressed to. Important enough that he answered."
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Not important, just wondering"
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:50 2008] : DM: ooc Today is Monday the 3rd, the appointment is Tuesday the 18th. Sorry for not making this clearer.
[Tue Nov 18 20:09:57 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, two weeks is not an unreasonable request for a wizard"
[Tue Nov 18 20:10:03 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Nov 18 20:10:10 2008] : Oona: "Wait, he wants us to wait two weeks?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:10:22 2008] : Oona: "Bags!"
[Tue Nov 18 20:10:27 2008] : Aliatra: "Especially not for someone as close to a hermit as this one"
[Tue Nov 18 20:10:35 2008] : Oona: "We can't wait that long. Asmerydas will have kileld us by then"
[Tue Nov 18 20:11:02 2008] : Dan: "However, I'm not certain that we have the luxury of waiting that long"
[Tue Nov 18 20:12:48 2008] : Dan: "If we're happy to wait, we can see if there's anything to be rectified in town?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:12:59 2008] : Aliatra: "So what do you suggest? Do we try to visit him again, right now?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:13:03 2008] : Oona: "We're to be rectified."
[Tue Nov 18 20:13:19 2008] : Oona: "Or we can let him leave and visit his tower while he's away"
[Tue Nov 18 20:13:27 2008] : Oona: "Surely we can find information then"
[Tue Nov 18 20:13:31 2008] : Adrin: "I'm with Dan. Lets see if there's anything to do in town and wait out the two weeks
[Tue Nov 18 20:13:35 2008] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Nov 18 20:13:51 2008] : Adrin: "If his tower was lockedup tight while he was there, how secure do you think it'd be when he leaves?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:14:03 2008] : Dan: "I thought that we had this out last week Oona"
[Tue Nov 18 20:14:05 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm not so sure that trying to enter his tower is a sound idea, sound to our health, that is"
[Tue Nov 18 20:14:38 2008] : Dan: "If he's powerful enough for use to want information, I imagine he knows perfectly well how to keep it safe"
[Tue Nov 18 20:15:05 2008] : Dan: "And besides, if it's him that has the info, what will we learn by breaking in?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:15:26 2008] : Dan: ooc use = us
[Tue Nov 18 20:15:57 2008] : Oona: "Oh well. I guess I'll wait"
[Tue Nov 18 20:16:19 2008] : Oona: "I just hope Asmerydas doesn't find us before he comes back"
[Tue Nov 18 20:16:32 2008] : Dan: "That was my worry"
[Tue Nov 18 20:16:37 2008] : Oona: "For all we know, he might be going out of town to tell her that we're here"
[Tue Nov 18 20:16:46 2008] : Dan: "Have we exhausted all other avenues of information?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:16:50 2008] : Adrin: "I think you're getting paranoid Oona"
[Tue Nov 18 20:17:35 2008] : Dan: ooc and by 'last week' a few lines up, I obviously mean 'yesterday' ;-)
[Tue Nov 18 20:17:48 2008] : Aliatra: "If he is, we'll find out. What's the use of worrying about what we can't change?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:17:59 2008] : Adrin: ooc hard to not think like that
[Tue Nov 18 20:18:24 2008] : Dan: "Good point Ali"
[Tue Nov 18 20:18:53 2008] : Adrin: "Right, lets get out and about"
[Tue Nov 18 20:19:48 2008] : Dan: "So, we could put word out and see if Franseza has any work for us"
[Tue Nov 18 20:19:58 2008] : Oona: "Right"
[Tue Nov 18 20:20:18 2008] : Dan: "I'm sure it's not too hard to get a message to her that we are at a loose end"
[Tue Nov 18 20:20:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Better find something to do before Adrin gets crazy with the inactivity"
[Tue Nov 18 20:21:11 2008] : Adrin: "Hey!"
[Tue Nov 18 20:22:26 2008] : Oona: "Guys, while you're looking for work, I am still going to go and try to get the lay of the land at that wizard's tower"
[Tue Nov 18 20:22:27 2008] : Adrin: Adrin stands up
[Tue Nov 18 20:22:35 2008] : Dan: "Where do you think is a good place to start putting the word out?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:22:41 2008] : Oona: "I think the windows would be a place to start"
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:01 2008] : Oona: "Give me a few hours, I'll be back"
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:12 2008] : Oona: "For dinner"
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:18 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's try the taverns"
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:21 2008] : Adrin: "Be careful Oona. We wont be there to haul you out of trouble"
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:24 2008] : Oona: Oona slips away quickly
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:31 2008] : Aliatra: "We'll wait for you, Oona"
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:36 2008] : DM: ooc it's still the morning.
[Tue Nov 18 20:23:47 2008] : Oona: ooc for lunch then :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:24:48 2008] : Dan: "OK, we could start with this one"
[Tue Nov 18 20:24:52 2008] : DM: ooc I'm not going to whisper to Oona, the rest of you just ignore it.
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:00 2008] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc ok
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:20 2008] : Oona: OK, I'm going to the tower and I'm trying to find out if there is a window that's accessible with immovable rods
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:27 2008] : Oona: ie. a ladder.
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:35 2008] : Dan: ooc shall we just say that we're putting out the word and let Dave concentrate on Oona??
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:36 2008] : DM: The walls around the complex are around 8 ft high and of rough stone.
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Was that supposed to be a whisper?
[Tue Nov 18 20:25:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry
[Tue Nov 18 20:26:16 2008] : DM: There are no large windows on the ground floor, there are only small arrowslit like opening that are glazed with frosted glass and barred.
[Tue Nov 18 20:26:51 2008] : Oona: Oona looks at the walls and tries to asssess the window's height and how easily she can access it with immovable rods. She chooses the side of the tower that's least visible from anywhere
[Tue Nov 18 20:26:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sounds good to me
[Tue Nov 18 20:27:25 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [17,17] = (34)
[Tue Nov 18 20:27:35 2008] : DM: The 1st floor windows which are about 12 ft off the ground are about 2ft wide and 3 ft high and there are 3 of them. Over looking the courtyard are two larger windows.
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:10 2008] : DM: The windows overlooking the alleyway are shuttered but the others are not.
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:25 2008] : DM: The window overlooking...
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:36 2008] : DM: ooc how many rods do you have?
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:39 2008] : Oona: Oona hauls herself to the closest non shuttered window.
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:45 2008] : Oona: Peeping inside.
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:48 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [20,12] = (32)
[Tue Nov 18 20:28:59 2008] : Oona: I'm trying to assess what kind of room it is.
[Tue Nov 18 20:29:34 2008] : DM: As you start placing the rods all the passersby start giving you suspicious looks...
[Tue Nov 18 20:29:38 2008] : Oona: ooc I have two, so I'm juggling a bit.
[Tue Nov 18 20:29:48 2008] : DM: ooc do you want to rethink your plan.
[Tue Nov 18 20:30:02 2008] : Oona: ooc no, I'm going to spider climb :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:30:13 2008] : Oona: ooc ah, yes.
[Tue Nov 18 20:30:21 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 20:30:29 2008] : Oona: ooc sorry, didn't think about the passersby
[Tue Nov 18 20:30:36 2008] : Oona: ooc didn't see them.
[Tue Nov 18 20:31:29 2008] : DM: There's a few people walking past the tower on the street. A couple ever few minutes or so.
[Tue Nov 18 20:32:01 2008] : Oona: Oona realizes that getting in that way won't do it. She looks for the most hidden corner from the street that will allow her to climb unnoticed and get to the courtyeard.
[Tue Nov 18 20:32:16 2008] : DM: ooc okay, can I have hide check
[Tue Nov 18 20:32:20 2008] : Oona: ooc I never got to the window, that is. Sorry for the confusion.
[Tue Nov 18 20:32:31 2008] : Oona: Oona gulps a potion.
[Tue Nov 18 20:32:35 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [1,18] = (19)
[Tue Nov 18 20:32:57 2008] : Oona: ooc right!
[Tue Nov 18 20:33:54 2008] : DM: ooc what was the potion?
[Tue Nov 18 20:34:02 2008] : Oona: Spider climb.
[Tue Nov 18 20:34:31 2008] : DM: ooc I'm going to draw a map.
[Tue Nov 18 20:34:32 2008] : Oona: ooc If I can't find a spot where nobody sees me, I'm gulming down a potion of invisibility.
[Tue Nov 18 20:35:12 2008] : Oona: *gulping too.
[Tue Nov 18 20:35:18 2008] : Oona: ooc ok, that might help :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:36:27 2008] : Oona: ooc the streets too?
[Tue Nov 18 20:37:46 2008] : Oona: ooc can we start again?
[Tue Nov 18 20:38:56 2008] : DM: ooc you're currently in a side street, to the south is a main street and just around the corner is the alley
[Tue Nov 18 20:39:37 2008] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Nov 18 20:40:05 2008] : Oona: Oona gulps two potions in a row (spider climb and invisibility)
[Tue Nov 18 20:40:06 2008] : DM: You climb to the top of the wall and look over, you see the courtyard is a mixture of plant beds, cobbled areas and areas of gravel.
[Tue Nov 18 20:40:43 2008] : DM: From the top of the wall you can drop down to the plant beds or a gravelled area.
[Tue Nov 18 20:41:17 2008] : Oona: I set foot on the gravelled area.
[Tue Nov 18 20:41:33 2008] : Oona: Trying to make as little noise as possible.
[Tue Nov 18 20:41:37 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [1,18] = (19)
[Tue Nov 18 20:41:49 2008] : Oona: ooc right, it's my d20=1 night!
[Tue Nov 18 20:42:12 2008] : DM: *crunch*
[Tue Nov 18 20:42:41 2008] : DM: [1d20] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Nov 18 20:42:55 2008] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Nov 18 20:42:56 2008] : Oona: Oona looks around to see if anyone has heard her.
[Tue Nov 18 20:42:59 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 20:43:20 2008] : DM: You don't see anything or anyone in the courtyard.
[Tue Nov 18 20:43:39 2008] : Oona: Oona effortlessly climbs the wall to one of the two greater windows
[Tue Nov 18 20:43:53 2008] : DM: hide check
[Tue Nov 18 20:44:00 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm invisible.
[Tue Nov 18 20:44:26 2008] : DM: ooc hide check = infinity ;)
[Tue Nov 18 20:44:43 2008] : Oona: Oona peeps inside to see what the window is.
[Tue Nov 18 20:44:49 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [12,12] = (24)
[Tue Nov 18 20:44:59 2008] : Oona: ooc what the room is, not the window.
[Tue Nov 18 20:45:33 2008] : Oona: ooc window#1
[Tue Nov 18 20:45:41 2008] : DM: You peer into the large window into a large room, it's laid out as a living space, with one 'corner' occupied by a dining table and chairs and another 'corner' with a few comfortable armchairs around a fireplace.
[Tue Nov 18 20:46:01 2008] : Oona: Oona goes further to peep through window #2
[Tue Nov 18 20:46:16 2008] : Oona: ooc I have 11 minutes of invisibility, you tell me when my time is up.
[Tue Nov 18 20:46:20 2008] : Oona: ooc ok :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:46:31 2008] : Oona: ooc what's the window in the middle?
[Tue Nov 18 20:46:40 2008] : Oona: ooc is that the arrow slit on ground level?
[Tue Nov 18 20:47:07 2008] : DM: ooc that's the front door.
[Tue Nov 18 20:47:12 2008] : Oona: ooc ok :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:48:08 2008] : DM: There's a door on the northern side. It opens and something shuffles out.
[Tue Nov 18 20:48:19 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [20,12] = (32)
[Tue Nov 18 20:48:39 2008] : Oona: Trying to see what it is.
[Tue Nov 18 20:48:47 2008] : Dan: ooc an invisibility potion lasts 3 minutes normally
[Tue Nov 18 20:48:58 2008] : DM: A tall, gangly creature that looks like it's been stitched together from an assortment of human bodyparts sticks its head into the room and looks slowly about.
[Tue Nov 18 20:49:04 2008] : Oona: ooc ah, right, it's the spell that lasts 1 min/level.
[Tue Nov 18 20:49:26 2008] : Oona: ooc so tell me when my three minutes are up.
[Tue Nov 18 20:49:39 2008] : Oona: ooc is that in room number 1 or room number 2?
[Tue Nov 18 20:50:17 2008] : DM: The creature (knowledge: arcana) looks around for about 30 seconds before turning back and closing the door.
[Tue Nov 18 20:50:24 2008] : DM: ooc there's only one room.
[Tue Nov 18 20:50:35 2008] : Oona: ooc ok, both windows give in the same room.
[Tue Nov 18 20:50:51 2008] : DM: ooc open plan living is all the rage for recluse wizards. Or something.
[Tue Nov 18 20:51:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 20:51:01 2008] : Oona: Oona then goes down to the front door and examines it, to see if there are traps. Taking 20.
[Tue Nov 18 20:51:03 2008] : Oona: ooc lol.
[Tue Nov 18 20:51:07 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [13,17] = (30)
[Tue Nov 18 20:52:13 2008] : DM: The front door is extensively trapped. Electric shock trap on the door knob and further magical wards and alarms on the door itself, probably primed to go off if the door is opened.
[Tue Nov 18 20:52:37 2008] : Oona: ooc does the thing look I can take it on my own? Or is it so big that only Adrin can slash it?
[Tue Nov 18 20:52:50 2008] : DM: ooc your invisibility wears off while you'r searching for traps.
[Tue Nov 18 20:53:16 2008] : Oona: ooc no arcana knowledge.
[Tue Nov 18 20:53:21 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Nov 18 20:53:32 2008] : Oona: ooc just making sure :)
[Tue Nov 18 20:53:51 2008] : DM: The monster isn't the biggest thing you've ever tackled but you really don't know what strength or weakness it has so you can't say if you could defeat it.
[Tue Nov 18 20:54:23 2008] : Oona: Oona looks around the courtyard, trying to see if there are any other ways in than the windows.
[Tue Nov 18 20:54:50 2008] : Oona: While doing so, she tries to take advantage of the shadows and whatever can provide some cover.
[Tue Nov 18 20:54:53 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [12,18] = (30)
[Tue Nov 18 20:55:20 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [4,18] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 20:55:25 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 20:55:41 2008] : DM: There's the windows, the door and the chimney but you're not slim enough to squeeze through a chimney pot.
[Tue Nov 18 20:56:42 2008] : Oona: Oona climbs the wall again, walking only on gravel, and finds herself in the street again. Still trying to be as unconspicuous as possible, at least from the inside of the coutryard/tower.
[Tue Nov 18 20:56:51 2008] : DM: As you were searching for traps on the door you hear the creature moving about inside, it seems he makes a full circuit of the tower once every 2 minutes.
[Tue Nov 18 20:57:01 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [6,18] = (24)
[Tue Nov 18 20:57:08 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [2,18] = (20)
[Tue Nov 18 20:57:17 2008] : DM: You make it over the wall apparently without being noticed.
[Tue Nov 18 20:57:38 2008] : Oona: Oona returns to the inn and tells her story, describing the creature to the best of her abilities.
[Tue Nov 18 20:58:13 2008] : DM: ooc Knowledge: arcana
[Tue Nov 18 20:58:20 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [18,21] = (39)
[Tue Nov 18 20:58:27 2008] : Oona: "Dan, Ali, any idea what that thing could be?"
[Tue Nov 18 20:58:29 2008] : Dan: ooc flesh golem?
[Tue Nov 18 20:58:43 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds big"
[Tue Nov 18 20:58:53 2008] : Oona: "It seemed made of pieces of ... something"
[Tue Nov 18 20:59:57 2008] : DM: It's a flesh golem, DR 5/admantine, magic immunity, dark vision, and they've very rarely been know to go berserk in combat.
[Tue Nov 18 21:00:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc hehe
[Tue Nov 18 21:00:26 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Nov 18 21:00:30 2008] : Dan: "I think it's a flesh golem from what you've described"
[Tue Nov 18 21:00:43 2008] : Dan: "I'm glad you never tried to fight it alone"
[Tue Nov 18 21:00:43 2008] : Oona: "Right, that doesn't sound very good."
[Tue Nov 18 21:00:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Flesh golem?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:01 2008] : DM: ooc CR7 so not that tough.
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:02 2008] : Dan: "Those pieces are parts of dead humans"
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Like the "rarely"
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:10 2008] : Oona: "But here goes, it seems that thing is guarding the tower, and it does rounds."
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:28 2008] : Oona: "I could probably get in through the windows if we wanted"
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:40 2008] : Dan: "I would not be surprised if it's not the only thing safeguarding the tower"
[Tue Nov 18 21:01:42 2008] : Oona: "I'd just have to time it very carefully"
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:07 2008] : Oona: Dan, can you make me invisible for real?
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:17 2008] : Oona: "Dan, can you make me invisible for real?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:23 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't want you to explode due to some protective rune, Oona, I'd rather you didn't try"
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:37 2008] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow in confusion
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:40 2008] : Dan: "For real?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:50 2008] : Oona: "I won't try, but it might come in handy to know the lay of the land before going in to visit the wizard".
[Tue Nov 18 21:02:57 2008] : Dan: "I can make you invisible for a few minutes"
[Tue Nov 18 21:03:12 2008] : Oona: "Yes, well, long enough that I could get in, look around and get out again"
[Tue Nov 18 21:03:23 2008] : Oona: "Oh well, we'll see"
[Tue Nov 18 21:03:38 2008] : Oona: "Or do you want to go there?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:06 2008] : Oona: "I mean, you could stay outside, just in case things went wrong. Or Dan could teleport you inside?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:12 2008] : Dan: "I thought that the plan was to try to do something else and wait for his return"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:26 2008] : Oona: "Or did you mean that the wizard probably has protection against the teleport fuzzy"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:33 2008] : Oona: "Yes, I just don't like to wait"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:38 2008] : Dan: "Your scouting hasn't changed this, except perhaps making him less welcoming if he has magics that saw you"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:47 2008] : Oona: "Right."
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:58 2008] : Oona: "Well, have you found work for us then?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:04:58 2008] : Adrin: "I really doubt we can teleport in, and I think Dans right. We want informatino from this guy"
[Tue Nov 18 21:05:47 2008] : Dan: "You've only been gone for an hour"
[Tue Nov 18 21:05:58 2008] : Oona: "Indeed. It felt longer."
[Tue Nov 18 21:06:02 2008] : Aliatra: "We've put the word out"
[Tue Nov 18 21:06:17 2008] : Dan: "I'm more than happy to wait"
[Tue Nov 18 21:06:19 2008] : Oona: "I need to shop some."
[Tue Nov 18 21:06:27 2008] : Oona: Oona goes and shops for a few potions"
[Tue Nov 18 21:06:33 2008] : Oona: Oona goes and shops for a few potions
[Tue Nov 18 21:06:46 2008] : Dan: "I could be doing any one of a number of things that mages need to do to keep at the top of their game, so to speak"
[Tue Nov 18 21:07:29 2008] : Adrin: "Like painting?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:07:36 2008] : Oona: Oona comes back and practices with her tools on the stuff in her room
[Tue Nov 18 21:08:04 2008] : Dan: "Not really Adrin. That is what I do at the end of the day to relax after spending all day with my head in the books"
[Tue Nov 18 21:08:22 2008] : Adrin: "I'm only kidding Dan"
[Tue Nov 18 21:08:29 2008] : Oona: She then sits in the inn's common room and just talks to people, trying to find out if there are any strange happenings in town.
[Tue Nov 18 21:08:31 2008] : Oona: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 21:09:54 2008] : DM: Seems pretty quite, not much going on. Some old woman wants you to kill 6 rats in her basement, but it seems she's looking for some cheaper, rookie adventurers.
[Tue Nov 18 21:10:13 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 18 21:10:36 2008] : Dan: "I guess it will take a while for news to reach Franseza of our availability"
[Tue Nov 18 21:10:49 2008] : DM: A familar face does drop by later that evening.
[Tue Nov 18 21:10:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No spiders? :(
[Tue Nov 18 21:10:57 2008] : Dan: "Or we could just teleport to the waveskimmer and annoy Jack"
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:07 2008] : Dan: ooc :-)
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:09 2008] : Oona: "Haha! that's an idea!"
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:10 2008] : Aliatra: "That would be fun!"
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:23 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:25 2008] : Franseza.: "Hello there, I heard you were back in town."
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:41 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles in greeting
[Tue Nov 18 21:11:56 2008] : Adrin: "Ah, an almost friendly face! Drink?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:12:14 2008] : Dan: "And at a loose end no less. My colleagues are champing at the bit after a few days in town!"
[Tue Nov 18 21:12:18 2008] : Franseza.: "Why thank you, Adrin. A beer, please."
[Tue Nov 18 21:12:32 2008] : Adrin: Adrin waves for another drink
[Tue Nov 18 21:12:59 2008] : Franseza.: "Well I don't think I can help you there, it's been pretty quite round are lately."
[Tue Nov 18 21:13:41 2008] : Franseza.: "Just routine stuff, and I have to admit it is rather dull."
[Tue Nov 18 21:13:47 2008] : Dan: Dan looks a little disappointed
[Tue Nov 18 21:13:59 2008] : Dan: "We're marooned, wating for..."
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:09 2008] : Dan: ooc What's the wizard's name?
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc Evard?
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:29 2008] : Franseza.: "About the only interesting thing is this report of strange light from a old chapel down to the south in the hills."
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Time for wine :)
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:39 2008] : Dan: "Evard to return so that we can probe his great knowledge"
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc Sorry, Evrard
[Tue Nov 18 21:14:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Light? Old chapel? What about it?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc I've two glasses in me already!
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:11 2008] : Oona: "Light in a chapel. Now that is odd!"
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:24 2008] : Oona: Oona puts on the most sarcastic tone she can
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:37 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, that wouldn't be a lonely one out towards Marseine?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:38 2008] : Franseza.: "It's probably nothing, I sent a junior agent to check it out just in case."
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I just opened the bottle. Don't you love the sound of that first glass being poured out?
[Tue Nov 18 21:15:59 2008] : Adrin: "I assume its a deserted chapel, and its not just the local congregation putting on the lights"
[Tue Nov 18 21:16:07 2008] : Franseza.: "It's probably the one you're thinking off. not much out in that part of the world."
[Tue Nov 18 21:16:12 2008] : Dan: Dan shows the drawing from his teleport locations book
[Tue Nov 18 21:16:27 2008] : Franseza.: "Yes, that's the one."
[Tue Nov 18 21:16:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Fireworks at worship? That would be different at least"
[Tue Nov 18 21:16:49 2008] : Dan: "How did we guess that that might be the place?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:17:01 2008] : Dan: "Do you have any way to call back your agent?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:17:02 2008] : Adrin: "Now thats very interesting"
[Tue Nov 18 21:17:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Because we're so good"
[Tue Nov 18 21:17:37 2008] : Franseza.: "No, do you think something is wrong." She looks concerned.
[Tue Nov 18 21:17:38 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps we'd better explain a few things"
[Tue Nov 18 21:17:47 2008] : Oona: "Yeah."
[Tue Nov 18 21:18:13 2008] : Dan: Dan explains what happened on the shadow plane
[Tue Nov 18 21:18:44 2008] : Franseza.: Franseza listens carefully, nodding thoughtfully at the key points.
[Tue Nov 18 21:19:37 2008] : Franseza.: "So what do ytou think is happening?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:20:22 2008] : Dan: "I'm not certain, but more activity in what was an abandoned temple suggests a change in Asmerdyas's power"
[Tue Nov 18 21:20:34 2008] : Oona: "We have some bad ass something-or-other on our tail"
[Tue Nov 18 21:20:38 2008] : Oona: "that's what's happening"
[Tue Nov 18 21:20:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds like a place her followers might gather"
[Tue Nov 18 21:21:22 2008] : Franseza.: "Right. This isn't something for a junior agent to investigate any more. How some can you move out?" Franseza's manner has become brisk and businesslike.
[Tue Nov 18 21:21:45 2008] : Dan: "We were hoping to get more information"
[Tue Nov 18 21:21:57 2008] : Dan: "Hence us waiting for Evrard"
[Tue Nov 18 21:22:23 2008] : Dan: "If you can get us a warrant we can maybe search his tower for information"
[Tue Nov 18 21:22:36 2008] : Dan: "And then be on our way a lot sooner"
[Tue Nov 18 21:23:04 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds to me that this junior agent will be way out of their depth, and hence in no small amount of trouble"
[Tue Nov 18 21:23:05 2008] : Dan: "As it's a location I know well, I have no hesitation teleporting straight there, so travel time is zero"
[Tue Nov 18 21:24:00 2008] : Dan: "I must say though that I'm not certain that there's any information in Evrard's tower"
[Tue Nov 18 21:24:06 2008] : Franseza.: "Obtaining a warrant would require probable cause, I can arrange for the authorities to look the other way but I couldn't intervene if Evrard wished to press charges if you were caught.
[Tue Nov 18 21:24:22 2008] : Dan: "Another option is for you to persuade him to return briefly"
[Tue Nov 18 21:24:39 2008] : Franseza.: "But if you can teleport surely you can investigate and return before your appointment?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:25:26 2008] : Dan: "Our appointment was intended to ascertain more information on Asmerdyas before we went any further"
[Tue Nov 18 21:26:00 2008] : Aliatra: "But someone's life is in danger right now"
[Tue Nov 18 21:26:04 2008] : Dan: "I suppose we could go and take a quick look, and then decide what to do"
[Tue Nov 18 21:26:40 2008] : Adrin: "I think we need to help this agent, after all we are involved in what is casing these lights"
[Tue Nov 18 21:26:41 2008] : Oona: "Well, they've all been saying that we can't get in by teleportation"
[Tue Nov 18 21:26:50 2008] : Oona: Oona points at her colleagues in turn
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:02 2008] : Dan: "I will need to rest tonight to prepare some teleportation spells"
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:09 2008] : Aliatra: "But we can to that temple by teleportation"
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:18 2008] : Dan: "We're talking about the temple Oona"
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:21 2008] : Adrin: "When do you think your agent will reach the temple?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:24 2008] : Aliatra: "So we leave first thing tomorrow?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:26 2008] : Dan: Dan frowns
[Tue Nov 18 21:27:58 2008] : Franseza.: "He should have arrived there tonight."
[Tue Nov 18 21:28:39 2008] : Dan: "OK, if it's life or death, we can go tonight with on return spell prepared if things are really bad"
[Tue Nov 18 21:28:45 2008] : Dan: ooc on = no
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:05 2008] : Oona: "Ah, the church. Got you"
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:06 2008] : Adrin: "I think we have to."
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:20 2008] : Oona: "Well, we don't _have_ to".
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:24 2008] : Oona: "But we'd like to"
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:27 2008] : Adrin: ooc I'm can't decide if Adrin would give a shit about this agent
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:33 2008] : Oona: "I mean, waiting here is getting on my nerves anyway"
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:48 2008] : Oona: "So any step towards finishing up this Asmerydas thing is good with me"
[Tue Nov 18 21:29:48 2008] : Dan: "OK, I hate to think of someone blundering unprepared into something that we may have set in motion"
[Tue Nov 18 21:30:11 2008] : Dan: "Whether we were manipulated or not"
[Tue Nov 18 21:30:18 2008] : Franseza.: ooc Adrin, probably not especially but I imagine he'd been keen for some action.
[Tue Nov 18 21:30:30 2008] : Oona: ooc Adrin wouldn't really, but he would be a bit like Oona. Don't care much about the agent, but cares about finishing the story. I think ;)
[Tue Nov 18 21:30:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc He's chaotic neutral, but not Apathetic Neutral
[Tue Nov 18 21:31:04 2008] : Oona: ooc exactly.
[Tue Nov 18 21:31:05 2008] : Dan: ooc probably after a bit of vengeance against a betrayer???
[Tue Nov 18 21:31:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc He's getting stir-crazy and wants a fight now! Of course he wants to go
[Tue Nov 18 21:31:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc Vengeance is always good motivation
[Tue Nov 18 21:31:51 2008] : Dan: "OK, if everyone is agreed, we can head off as soon as we're packed"
[Tue Nov 18 21:32:04 2008] : Franseza.: "Good."
[Tue Nov 18 21:32:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Nov 18 21:32:31 2008] : Dan: ooc DM adds a sprinkling of 'mild peril' to the plot ;-)
[Tue Nov 18 21:33:06 2008] : Franseza.: ooc not on purpose.
[Tue Nov 18 21:33:12 2008] : Dan: ooc and all the better for it :-)
[Tue Nov 18 21:33:44 2008] : Dan: Dan packs his bags and settles up with the innkeeper
[Tue Nov 18 21:34:02 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Nov 18 21:34:18 2008] : Dan: Dan studies his drawing to bring the location fully back to memory
[Tue Nov 18 21:34:45 2008] : Oona: ooc I never really pay up the inn's fees. Is that bad, DM?
[Tue Nov 18 21:35:03 2008] : Dan: ooc I only did it for colour ;0
[Tue Nov 18 21:35:09 2008] : Franseza.: ooc not really, they're not very much.
[Tue Nov 18 21:35:21 2008] : Oona: ooc yeah, I thought so, color is good, I was just wondering.
[Tue Nov 18 21:35:23 2008] : Oona: ooc :)
[Tue Nov 18 21:35:38 2008] : Oona: Oona gets ready.
[Tue Nov 18 21:36:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her gear and is ready to leave
[Tue Nov 18 21:37:24 2008] : DM: "I will return to the office and instruct two senior agents to follow up."
[Tue Nov 18 21:37:42 2008] : Franseza: "It was good to see you again. Goodbye."
[Tue Nov 18 21:37:50 2008] : Adrin: "Oh, what was the agents name?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:37:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc sorry DM
[Tue Nov 18 21:38:33 2008] : Franseza: "Rainier"
[Tue Nov 18 21:38:42 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, thanks"
[Tue Nov 18 21:38:46 2008] : Dan: ooc Wolfcastle?
[Tue Nov 18 21:39:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc strangely, thats who I thought of
[Tue Nov 18 21:39:13 2008] : Franseza: "Gerard Rainier"
[Tue Nov 18 21:39:58 2008] : Adrin: "Thanks, Francesza. We'll be in touch"
[Tue Nov 18 21:40:40 2008] : Franseza: ooc brb
[Tue Nov 18 21:41:18 2008] : Dan: "All set then? We'd better go somewhere less obvious. Some people are not keen on watching people disappear"
[Tue Nov 18 21:42:06 2008] : Adrin: "The alley down the side was quiet"
[Tue Nov 18 21:42:39 2008] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Nov 18 21:42:49 2008] : Dan: Dan heads out to the alley
[Tue Nov 18 21:43:05 2008] : Oona: follows...
[Tue Nov 18 21:43:34 2008] : Franseza: Where are you planning on teleporting in relation to the chapel? Inside? Outside? front? behind?
[Tue Nov 18 21:44:04 2008] : Adrin: ooc gotta be outside really
[Tue Nov 18 21:44:14 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stands ready with her sword in her hand, as Dan starts preparing the spell
[Tue Nov 18 21:44:14 2008] : Oona: ooc outside.
[Tue Nov 18 21:44:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Aliatra would prefer outside, but it's Dan's call
[Tue Nov 18 21:44:50 2008] : Dan: ooc my drawing is of the outside
[Tue Nov 18 21:45:39 2008] : DM: ooc in front of the doors?
[Tue Nov 18 21:45:54 2008] : Dan: ooc I imagine it's of the back of the chapel as we usually try to pick somewhere a little discrete
[Tue Nov 18 21:46:08 2008] : DM: ooc okay.
[Tue Nov 18 21:46:13 2008] : Dan: ooc by at the back of, I mean behind
[Tue Nov 18 21:47:06 2008] : DM: ooc [1d100] => [69] = (69)
[Tue Nov 18 21:47:20 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Nov 18 21:47:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc oops
[Tue Nov 18 21:48:39 2008] : DM: You teleport to behind the remote hilltop chapel.
[Tue Nov 18 21:49:29 2008] : DM: Flickering reddish light can be seen shining out of the chapel's small windows and chanting can be heard inside.
[Tue Nov 18 21:49:42 2008] : DM: ooc [1d10] => [10] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 21:49:43 2008] : Dan: Dan gets his bearings to make sure we ended up in the right place
[Tue Nov 18 21:49:49 2008] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Nov 18 21:50:01 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 21:50:04 2008] : DM: [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Nov 18 21:50:30 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 21:50:54 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [12,7] = (19)
[Tue Nov 18 21:51:37 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14)
[Tue Nov 18 21:52:39 2008] : Aliatra: Soflly: "Now what? Oona, care to take a quick look?"
[Tue Nov 18 21:53:30 2008] : Adrin: oco what are the windows like?
[Tue Nov 18 21:53:34 2008] : Oona: "Sure"
[Tue Nov 18 21:53:51 2008] : DM: ooc small, narrow
[Tue Nov 18 21:53:57 2008] : Oona: ooc how long does spider climb last as potion?
[Tue Nov 18 21:55:20 2008] : Dan: oc what level spell?
[Tue Nov 18 21:55:34 2008] : Dan: ooc if it's level 2, then it's 3 minutes
[Tue Nov 18 21:55:47 2008] : Oona: ooc :(
[Tue Nov 18 21:55:59 2008] : Oona: ooc why? It's like HOURS.
[Tue Nov 18 21:55:59 2008] : Dan: ooc level 3 is 5 minutes, i.e. dependent on caster level of the spell
[Tue Nov 18 21:56:21 2008] : Oona: ooc 10 min./level
[Tue Nov 18 21:56:22 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry, if it's duration is in hours, then the potion's is too
[Tue Nov 18 21:56:36 2008] : Oona: ooc so 20 minutes?
[Tue Nov 18 21:57:08 2008] : Dan: ooc no 30 minutes, a level 2 spell has a minimum caster level of level 3
[Tue Nov 18 21:57:15 2008] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Nov 18 21:57:37 2008] : Oona: ooc I suppose the windows are too hight for me to peek?
[Tue Nov 18 21:58:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc I wouldn't thought normal, ground level windows. A few feet up
[Tue Nov 18 21:58:45 2008] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow, makes sure her swords are lose in their scabbards and slowly starts going around the chapel, scouting for noises, voices, and anyting she can look at.
[Tue Nov 18 21:58:52 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [7,18] = (25)
[Tue Nov 18 21:58:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc its just a small chapel
[Tue Nov 18 21:59:06 2008] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28)
[Tue Nov 18 21:59:07 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27)
[Tue Nov 18 21:59:09 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26)
[Tue Nov 18 21:59:28 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [3,19] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 21:59:31 2008] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39)
[Tue Nov 18 21:59:40 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 22:00:02 2008] : Oona: ooc I go towards the nearest window.
[Tue Nov 18 22:00:45 2008] : Oona: ooc man, I couldn't have beaten that listen check :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:01:14 2008] : DM: You peer into the chapel and see several robed figures in a circle around the altar, they're chanting. A man, bound and unmoving lies on the altar. One of the robed figures holds a dagger.
[Tue Nov 18 22:01:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc at least you didn't 'waste' a 20 on it
[Tue Nov 18 22:01:34 2008] : Dan: ooc :-)
[Tue Nov 18 22:01:39 2008] : DM: Looking to the front of the chapel, outside the doors you see a large creature.
[Tue Nov 18 22:02:05 2008] : Oona: ooc knowledge?
[Tue Nov 18 22:02:25 2008] : DM: It's a tall humanoid covered in sharp barbs down down to the tip of its long, meaty tail. It's eyes shift about making it appear agitated and nervous.
[Tue Nov 18 22:02:31 2008] : DM: ooc knowledge: planes
[Tue Nov 18 22:02:55 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Nov 18 22:03:08 2008] : Oona: ooc my turn is over no?
[Tue Nov 18 22:03:29 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Nov 18 22:04:03 2008] : DM: ooc Adrin?
[Tue Nov 18 22:04:14 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves to the corner and peeks round to see what Oona is doing
[Tue Nov 18 22:04:38 2008] : DM: Hide check
[Tue Nov 18 22:04:49 2008] : Adrin: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20)
[Tue Nov 18 22:04:57 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39)
[Tue Nov 18 22:05:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc hey ho
[Tue Nov 18 22:05:37 2008] : DM: The spiney monster's eyes fix on you Adrin, It doesn't look friendly.
[Tue Nov 18 22:05:47 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 22:05:50 2008] : Adrin: "gulp"
[Tue Nov 18 22:06:27 2008] : Dan: Aware of the chanting and hoping it maskes his noise, Dan casts a spell
[Tue Nov 18 22:06:35 2008] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [5,19] = (24)
[Tue Nov 18 22:06:42 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4) images (Image AC = 15; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Nov 18 22:07:14 2008] : Hamatula: "Rrrrrrrrr"
[Tue Nov 18 22:07:42 2008] : Dan: Dan moves behind Adrin
[Tue Nov 18 22:07:43 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:08:44 2008] : Hamatula: With a low growl the hamatula advances on Adrin's position.
[Tue Nov 18 22:09:04 2008] : Hamatula: It stops and raises its arms and growls.
[Tue Nov 18 22:09:14 2008] : Hamatula: [1d100] => [5] = (5)
[Tue Nov 18 22:09:26 2008] : Oona: ooc wtf is a hamatula? :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:09:29 2008] : Hamatula: Nothing happens and it looks very annoyed.
[Tue Nov 18 22:09:44 2008] : Dan: ooc was it speaking?
[Tue Nov 18 22:09:49 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 22:10:10 2008] : Dan: ooc never mind, I have no languages ike that anyway
[Tue Nov 18 22:10:16 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves forward to join Adrin and Dan, sword still in her hand
[Tue Nov 18 22:10:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the creature and tries to ascertain what is is
[Tue Nov 18 22:10:46 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Nov 18 22:10:52 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 22:11:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell on Adrin
[Tue Nov 18 22:11:34 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Nov 18 22:11:44 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:12:42 2008] : DM: It's a hamatula, a devil from the middle ranks and commonly used as a bodyguard to more powerful devil. Other than its obvious spines which it uses to impale grappled victims you know little of its powers.
[Tue Nov 18 22:12:54 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 22:12:58 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39)
[Tue Nov 18 22:13:16 2008] : DM: It doesn't look like it's spotted you yet.
[Tue Nov 18 22:13:25 2008] : Oona: Oona is not exactly reassured as the beast gets closer to her but she nonetheless takes her bow in hand and try and aim for what she think is a soft spot
[Tue Nov 18 22:13:38 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+17] => [16,17] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 22:13:38 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:04 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [1,1,5,1,5,5] = (18)
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:14 2008] : Oona: ooc in case it goes through :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:18 2008] : DM: One arrow lodges between two spines.
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:26 2008] : DM: A good hit.
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:43 2008] : Oona: ooc how does reach work?
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:50 2008] : DM: It's definately noticed you now and growls menacingly.
[Tue Nov 18 22:14:58 2008] : Oona: ooc ie. if I take a5 foot step back, it can't hit me right?
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:03 2008] : Oona: Oona takes a 5ft step back.
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:09 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra whispers her knowledge to Adrin and Dan (Oona is too far away)
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:15 2008] : DM: ooc oops it's not large
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:34 2008] : Oona: ooc cool.
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:35 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:43 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40)
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Throws a Hissy Fit for 8 rounds: +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will, -2 AC
[Tue Nov 18 22:15:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin activates his cloak and moves in to attack
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:05 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+20] => [11,20] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,6,11,4] = (24)
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:05 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+15] => [4,15] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,5,11,1] = (20)
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:06 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [2,5,11,6] = (24)
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc +1 for Bulls str
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc +2
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:33 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:36 2008] : DM: DR 10/good, fire and posion immunity, acid resistance, cold resistance, see in darkness, spell resistance
[Tue Nov 18 22:16:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc doesn't stack with my gaunlets
[Tue Nov 18 22:17:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc So that was a wasted spell then
[Tue Nov 18 22:17:30 2008] : DM: A hit, the hamatula's tough hide turns away much of the strike.
[Tue Nov 18 22:17:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc no, gauntlets are +2, spell gives another +2
[Tue Nov 18 22:17:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc to STR
[Tue Nov 18 22:17:56 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 22:18:14 2008] : Dan: Dan steps around Ali to get a look
[Tue Nov 18 22:18:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc thats some nasty resistances
[Tue Nov 18 22:18:30 2008] : Dan: ooc rolled knowledge above when Ali spoke to me
[Tue Nov 18 22:18:58 2008] : Dan: ooc any more info?
[Tue Nov 18 22:19:43 2008] : DM: It's attacks are so fearsome that many a stout warrior has trembled in fear after being struck
[Tue Nov 18 22:20:05 2008] : DM: Adrin after you strike the devil you catch your end of one of it's fearsome spines taking [1d8+6] => [8,6] = (14) damage.
[Tue Nov 18 22:20:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Metagaming: sounds like Fort saves
[Tue Nov 18 22:20:24 2008] : Dan: Dan begins casting a spell
[Tue Nov 18 22:20:27 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:20:56 2008] : Hamatula: Two spike clawed hands lash out at Adrin.
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:02 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [4,6,6] = (16)
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:03 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [2,2,6] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:20 2008] : Oona: ooc holy smoke.
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:24 2008] : Hamatula: 26 damage and two will saves.
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:41 2008] : Adrin: Will save: [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:44 2008] : Adrin: Will save: [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:44 2008] : Hamatula: Grapple (base): [1d20+22] => [14,22] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:53 2008] : Adrin: +2 from rage
[Tue Nov 18 22:21:57 2008] : Hamatula: It's clawed hand grabs you by the shoulder.
[Tue Nov 18 22:22:00 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:22:00 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:22:00 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (third): [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:22:01 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:22:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc grapple gets an extra 1 from spell
[Tue Nov 18 22:23:18 2008] : Adrin: ooc this looks bad
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:37 2008] : Hamatula: You panick and drop your sword and you'd flee if you weren't held fast.
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:43 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves forward and attacks the hamatula
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:55 2008] : DM: The chanting in the chapel continues.
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:57 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [1,16] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,2,6] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:57 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,2,6] = (14)
[Tue Nov 18 22:24:58 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [1,6,6,1,12] = (26)
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:04 2008] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:11 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:15 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks amazed that her attack missed the monster
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:35 2008] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow, gulps down a potion and disappears (invisibility)
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:49 2008] : Oona: ooc can I gulp another potion down?
[Tue Nov 18 22:25:53 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:08 2008] : Oona: Oona gulps another potion down (haste)
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:10 2008] : DM: ooc er, you do have quick draw right?
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:21 2008] : Oona: ooc ah no. so no :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:30 2008] : DM: ooc you can if you drink haste first
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:46 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:49 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:54 2008] : Oona: ooc ok, then haste and invisibility.
[Tue Nov 18 22:26:57 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 22:27:39 2008] : DM: Adrin, you're going to attempt to break free.
[Tue Nov 18 22:27:41 2008] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+22] => [7,22] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:08 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [2,15] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:09 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [8,10] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:09 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (third): [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc :(
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:30 2008] : Dan: ooc /me sucks his teeth!
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:32 2008] : DM: You struggle against the spines and take [3d8+9] => [3,3,2,9] = (17) damage.
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:41 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 22:28:56 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster VI - Bralani Eladrin (Medium outsider): 64hp; alternate form, damage reduction 10/Cold iron or evil, immunity to electricity and petrification, resistance to cold 10 and fire 10, tongues; AC= 20 (16 FF, 14 Touch); SR=17; Darkvision 60 ft; Speed 40ft (walk) 100ft (fly, perfect); Blind fight
[Tue Nov 18 22:29:18 2008] : Adrin: ooc while he's busy chewing on me you can sneak up behind and whack him on the head
[Tue Nov 18 22:29:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 22:29:30 2008] : Dan: Augmented Bralani Eladrin: Full attack (treat as chaotic and good for overcoming damage reduction)
Scimitar +1 (Holy - vs. Evil) 1/2:
[1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14) ==> Damage [1d6+10+2d6] => [3,10,2,5] = (20)
Scimitar +1 (Holy - vs. Evil) 2/2: [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20) ==> Damage [1d6+10+2d6] => [1,10,3,6] = (20)

[Tue Nov 18 22:29:44 2008] : DM: Misses.
[Tue Nov 18 22:29:55 2008] : Dan: Dan moves
[Tue Nov 18 22:30:14 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles (force damage):
1st missile - [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2) damage
4th missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage
5th missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage

[Tue Nov 18 22:30:27 2008] : Dan: Dan blurs his hands and casts again
[Tue Nov 18 22:30:34 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Quicken: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [3,3,4,1,4,5] = (20) damage
[Tue Nov 18 22:30:46 2008] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [11,14] = (25)
[Tue Nov 18 22:30:50 2008] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [13,14] = (27)
[Tue Nov 18 22:30:53 2008] : DM: ooc don't suppose you could roll 5d4+5 to save me having to add up?
[Tue Nov 18 22:30:56 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:31:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc He blurs his hands? That sounds ... weird
[Tue Nov 18 22:31:03 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [4,1,1,4,3,5] = (18) Force damage
[Tue Nov 18 22:31:07 2008] : DM: Both your magic missles affect the devil.
[Tue Nov 18 22:31:17 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry, picked the wrong one first time
[Tue Nov 18 22:32:08 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan's hands seem to blur as he casts again?
[Tue Nov 18 22:32:32 2008] : Hamatula: The hamatula continues to hold Adrin against his spines. [3d8+9] => [7,1,5,9] = (22) damage.
[Tue Nov 18 22:32:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sounds less weird ;)
[Tue Nov 18 22:32:57 2008] : Hamatula: And it's remaining hand strikes at the Bralani.
[Tue Nov 18 22:33:00 2008] : Adrin: "AAAgggghhhhh"
[Tue Nov 18 22:33:00 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [17,18] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [8,3,6] = (17)
[Tue Nov 18 22:33:12 2008] : Hamatula: Will save
[Tue Nov 18 22:33:18 2008] : Hamatula: Grapple (base): [1d20+22] => [18,22] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:33:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Grappling the Bralani or Adrin?
[Tue Nov 18 22:33:56 2008] : Hamatula: Adrin your get dragged around.
[Tue Nov 18 22:34:02 2008] : Hamatula: ooc Bralani.
[Tue Nov 18 22:34:11 2008] : Dan: ooc hit
[Tue Nov 18 22:34:21 2008] : Dan: ooc is it grappling the bralani?
[Tue Nov 18 22:34:26 2008] : Hamatula: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 18 22:34:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That's what the DM says
[Tue Nov 18 22:34:55 2008] : Dan: ooc hmm, no grapple in my stats
[Tue Nov 18 22:35:13 2008] : Dan: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 22:36:02 2008] : Hamatula: ooc I can't find bralani's in the book are they immune to fear?
[Tue Nov 18 22:36:40 2008] : Dan: ooc no
[Tue Nov 18 22:36:48 2008] : Dan: ooc I think that they are under Eladrin
[Tue Nov 18 22:36:52 2008] : Hamatula: Will save then.
[Tue Nov 18 22:37:05 2008] : Dan: Augmented Bralani Eladrin: Will Save [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Nov 18 22:37:18 2008] : Dan: ooc but in the SRD they are under Bralani - go figure
[Tue Nov 18 22:37:30 2008] : Hamatula: The bralani is panicked.
[Tue Nov 18 22:37:52 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 22:37:53 2008] : Dan: ooc is the claw classed as an evil weapon?
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:05 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:18 2008] : Dan: ooc OK, full damage
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra swings at the devil again, determined to bring it down
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:28 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,5,6] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:28 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,3,6] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc so now its got two screaming people in its hands?
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:34 2008] : DM: Misses.
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:40 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:46 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:38:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Big hands, those
[Tue Nov 18 22:39:16 2008] : DM: ooc I keep forgetting it's only medium.
[Tue Nov 18 22:39:57 2008] : DM: It dropped Adrin (take back 22 HP) and just attacked the bralani.
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:04 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 22:40
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc \o/
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:14 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:20 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(5) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:21 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 22:40
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:49 2008] : Oona: Oona draws her weapons, gets closer to the beast and gets ready to strike
[Tue Nov 18 22:40:52 2008] : Dan: ooc which is a polar opposite, alignment wise and perfectly logical as a target for most enmity
[Tue Nov 18 22:41:03 2008] : Oona: ooc I am confused about how many moves/attacks I get with Haste.
[Tue Nov 18 22:41:03 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 18 22:41:18 2008] : DM: ooc one additional attack action.
[Tue Nov 18 22:41:37 2008] : Oona: ooc 1) I draw my swords, 2) I move. 3) I can only attack once with one weapon, right?
[Tue Nov 18 22:41:42 2008] : Oona: ooc with haste twice?
[Tue Nov 18 22:41:56 2008] : DM: ooc combine the move and draw and make a full attack.
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:06 2008] : Oona: ooc that I do.
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:18 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:19 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:21 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:21 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+8] => [1,8] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:27 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Nov 18 22:42:27 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 22:43:00 2008] : Oona: ooc +1 on attacks. I think the first three and then the one before last.
[Tue Nov 18 22:43:09 2008] : Oona: ooc LAME
[Tue Nov 18 22:43:11 2008] : DM: ooc that looks like 2x the number of attacks.
[Tue Nov 18 22:43:54 2008] : DM: Two hits.
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:01 2008] : DM: Two sneak attacks.
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:03 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [6,3,3,2,5,6] = (25)
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:06 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [6d6] => [3,2,2,1,1,4] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:14 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:32 2008] : Oona: Oona suddenly appears in the melee.
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:45 2008] : DM: Adrin, you must flee in fear and the Hamatula gets an AoO.
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:47 2008] : DM: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [3,5,6] = (14)
[Tue Nov 18 22:44:49 2008] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+22] => [16,22] = (38) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 22:45:08 2008] : DM: It can't, grappling, ignore the AoO.
[Tue Nov 18 22:45:20 2008] : Oona: ooc what's his cold and acid reduction?
[Tue Nov 18 22:45:29 2008] : Oona: ooc my swords are cold and acid too!
[Tue Nov 18 22:45:30 2008] : DM: ooc 10/
[Tue Nov 18 22:45:39 2008] : Oona: ooc oki, forget it :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:46:25 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 22:46:36 2008] : Dan: Augmented Bralani Eladrin: Alternate form:The Bralani dissolves into a whiff of dust hovering in place
[Tue Nov 18 22:46:59 2008] : DM: It's panicked so it must flee now.
[Tue Nov 18 22:47:11 2008] : Dan: ooc yep, fly speed is 100 ft
[Tue Nov 18 22:47:26 2008] : Dan: Dan thinks quickly
[Tue Nov 18 22:48:35 2008] : DM: ooc but types slowly ;)
[Tue Nov 18 22:48:38 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Lightning Bolt (level 3): Bolt of electricity in a 120ft line dealing [10d6] => [3,3,5,4,6,4,4,5,5,5] = (44) electric damage (Reflex save DC 19 for half damage)
[Tue Nov 18 22:48:48 2008] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Nov 18 22:48:49 2008] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
[Tue Nov 18 22:48:50 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 22:49:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That is some save
[Tue Nov 18 22:49:48 2008] : DM: The hamatula steps back and casts a spell.
[Tue Nov 18 22:49:57 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [11,23] = (34)
[Tue Nov 18 22:50:03 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Nov 18 22:50:09 2008] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [13,14] = (27)
[Tue Nov 18 22:50:17 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry, forgot
[Tue Nov 18 22:50:31 2008] : DM: Oona and Aliatra you're surrounded by the cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness.
[Tue Nov 18 22:51:09 2008] : DM: Will saves.
[Tue Nov 18 22:51:17 2008] : DM: Unholy blight.
[Tue Nov 18 22:51:26 2008] : Dan: ooc :-(
[Tue Nov 18 22:52:59 2008] : Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21)
[Tue Nov 18 22:53:11 2008] : Oona: Will save: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Nov 18 22:53:19 2008] : Oona: ooc riiiight
[Tue Nov 18 22:53:29 2008] : DM: [5d8] => [5,7,5,4,7] = (28)
[Tue Nov 18 22:53:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shudders as if chilled
[Tue Nov 18 22:53:48 2008] : DM: Oona, take 28 damage and you're sickened for [1d4] => [1] = (1) rounds. Aliatra take 14 damage.
[Tue Nov 18 22:53:51 2008] : Oona: Oona feels a chill invade her.
[Tue Nov 18 22:54:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I was hiping you'd used up all your 1's earlies
[Tue Nov 18 22:54:17 2008] : DM: ooc -2 to all rolls.
[Tue Nov 18 22:54:23 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 22:54:27 2008] : Dan: ooc what alignment is Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 22:54:38 2008] : Oona: ooc neutral good
[Tue Nov 18 22:54:52 2008] : Dan: ooc ah, too bad ;-)
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:02 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra is getting real pissed and attack again
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:08 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,6,6] = (18)
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:09 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [2,2,6] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:22 2008] : Oona: ooc well, good and neutral are affected
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc My dice suck :(
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:28 2008] : Oona: ooc so that's all of us :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:28 2008] : DM: Less anger more focus, two misses again.
[Tue Nov 18 22:55:34 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:01 2008] : Oona: Oona tries to overcome the queasy feeling that's taken her and strikes.
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Are you lecturing me? Aliatra puts her hands in her side as she confronts the DM ;)
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:16 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [7,13] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:16 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:17 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+13] => [7,13] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:18 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+8] => [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:29 2008] : Oona: ooc first 3, minus 2
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:46 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:48 2008] : DM: All misses, this devil has a very tough hide.
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:50 2008] : Oona: ooc oh
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:51 2008] : Oona: wait
[Tue Nov 18 22:56:54 2008] : Oona: I still have a haste
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:03 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:03 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:05 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:05 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:12 2008] : Oona: take the first of each.
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:19 2008] : Oona: +1 - 2 so that's -1
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:28 2008] : DM: ooc you can't do a two handed attack as an attack action only as a full attack.
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:36 2008] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Nov 18 22:57:56 2008] : Oona: ooc it was a full attack, but if I'm hasted, I get more right?
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:18 2008] : DM: Adrin runs some more until he falls of into a bizarre world filled with all manner of strange creatures and people all just lying there is neat rows.
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:30 2008] : DM: ooc you get one extra attack not a full attack.
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:36 2008] : Oona: ooc When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding.
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:39 2008] : Dan: ooc one extra at base attack bonus for main hand
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:48 2008] : Oona: ooc ah, ok, so not second weapong
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:55 2008] : Dan: ooc or I guess the other hand if you want
[Tue Nov 18 22:58:56 2008] : Oona: ooc sorry :)
[Tue Nov 18 22:59:07 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 22:59:30 2008] : Dan: Dan looks very concerned
[Tue Nov 18 23:00:03 2008] : Dan: Bralani flees at flying run speed (whatever that is.. base = 100ft)
[Tue Nov 18 23:00:33 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [1,2,1,3,3,5] = (15) Force damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:00:39 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:00:43 2008] : DM: ooc SR
[Tue Nov 18 23:00:57 2008] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16)
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:11 2008] : Dan: ooc and fails entirely!
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:13 2008] : DM: Your spell fizzles on contact.
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:33 2008] : Hamatula: Attacks!
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:39 2008] : Hamatula: [1d2] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:43 2008] : Hamatula: Aliatra
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:46 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [5,18] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [2,4,6] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:46 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [2,5,6] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 23:01:59 2008] : Hamatula: One hit
[Tue Nov 18 23:02:01 2008] : Hamatula: Grapple (base): [1d20+22] => [10,22] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:02:16 2008] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [11,15] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:02:16 2008] : Aliatra: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:02:38 2008] : Hamatula: You're grabbed.
[Tue Nov 18 23:03:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra fights hard to not scream as the devil grabs her
[Tue Nov 18 23:03:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Will save?
[Tue Nov 18 23:03:23 2008] : Hamatula: And the devil pins you against his spines for an extra [3d8+9] => [3,7,1,9] = (20) damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:03:57 2008] : Hamatula: Aliatra? You can try and break free.
[Tue Nov 18 23:04:07 2008] : Aliatra: STR check?
[Tue Nov 18 23:04:25 2008] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:04:25 2008] : Aliatra: Grapple (second): [1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:04:26 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d1-2] => [1,1,-2] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:04:47 2008] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+22] => [2,22] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:04:54 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra struggles to break free from the punishing hold
[Tue Nov 18 23:05:34 2008] : DM: You only succeed in lacerating yourself some more. [3d8+9] => [6,5,8,9] = (28) damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:05:42 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 23:05:47 2008] : Oona: Oona attacks again, trying to find the chink in the armour of this terrible beast.
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:00 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:00 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:02 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:02 2008] : Oona: Critical hit? [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [5,3,4] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:03 2008] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (second): [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:14 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:14 2008] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (second): [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:32 2008] : DM: One hit
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:41 2008] : DM: But it barely scratches it.
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:47 2008] : Oona: ooc that's all +1
[Tue Nov 18 23:06:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra is looking very pale as she loses more and more blood
[Tue Nov 18 23:07:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Nov 18 23:07:24 2008] : Oona: ooc the sickened was one turn. only the critical hit hits?
[Tue Nov 18 23:07:54 2008] : DM: ooc yes, AC 29.
[Tue Nov 18 23:08:03 2008] : Oona: ooc darn. OK, done.
[Tue Nov 18 23:08:24 2008] : Oona: ooc I can take a five foot step?
[Tue Nov 18 23:08:28 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 18 23:08:40 2008] : DM: Adrin, runs some more. (Sorry!).
[Tue Nov 18 23:08:41 2008] : Oona: Oona takes a careful step back from the beast.
[Tue Nov 18 23:08:44 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:01 2008] : Adrin: ooc s'ok
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:09 2008] : Dan: Dan looks more than a little panicked as he tries to think
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:19 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Cone of Cold (level 5): Drains a 60ft cone of heat dealing [12d6] => [4,3,6,2,2,1,4,5,6,2,3,5] = (43) cold damage (Reflex save DC 21 for half damage) to all in the cone.
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:31 2008] : Dan: ooc avoiding Ali
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:32 2008] : Adrin: oocnot as panicked as me, Ali or the Bralani
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:39 2008] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31)
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:51 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:09:54 2008] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+14] => [7,14] = (21)
[Tue Nov 18 23:10:10 2008] : Dan: ooc bah! only 13 damage!
[Tue Nov 18 23:10:11 2008] : Oona: ooc freakity fuck. DM has all the rolls :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:10:21 2008] : DM: ooc 21 damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:10:39 2008] : Dan: ooc 11 then, it has DR vs cold
[Tue Nov 18 23:11:09 2008] : DM: ooc oh, blue means cold as well as electricity.
[Tue Nov 18 23:11:21 2008] : Dan: ooc err, maybe :P
[Tue Nov 18 23:11:21 2008] : Oona: ooc just for the fun of it, your spell description says "cone of heat dealing...."
[Tue Nov 18 23:11:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Am I panicked? I thought I was just seriously wounded
[Tue Nov 18 23:11:37 2008] : DM: ooc no.
[Tue Nov 18 23:11:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc sorry, thought you failed the save
[Tue Nov 18 23:12:00 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL, never noticed that Oona
[Tue Nov 18 23:12:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I asked about the save, but the DM didn't answer me
[Tue Nov 18 23:12:24 2008] : Dan: ooc ah, it says drains a cone of heat
[Tue Nov 18 23:12:28 2008] : Hamatula: The Hamatula discards Aliatra steps back and casts a spell at Dan, two rays of flames dart out.
[Tue Nov 18 23:12:59 2008] : Dan: [1d5] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:00 2008] : Oona: ooc is it looking even remotely sick or bloody?
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:06 2008] : Dan: ooc me
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:07 2008] : Oona: ooc ouch.
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:08 2008] : Dan: [1d5] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:13 2008] : Dan: ooc and image
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:21 2008] : Hamatula: [1d20+22] => [5,22] = (27)
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:24 2008] : Hamatula: [1d20+22] => [16,22] = (38)
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:31 2008] : Dan: ooc both hit
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:47 2008] : Dan: ooc although obviously he second hits an image
[Tue Nov 18 23:13:52 2008] : Hamatula: Two images gone and the hamatula seems mighty pissed of.
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Obviously
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:05 2008] : Dan: ooc the first was me
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:24 2008] : Hamatula: [4d6] => [5,2,5,5] = (17) file damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:36 2008] : Hamatula: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:45 2008] : DM: Aliatra? your turn
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:47 2008] : Dan: Dan's robes seem to suck some of the fire away
[Tue Nov 18 23:14:48 2008] : Oona: ooc /me pictures folders and files flying around.
[Tue Nov 18 23:15:09 2008] : Dan: ooc only 7 damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:15:34 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back and casts a spell upon herself
[Tue Nov 18 23:15:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Cure Serious Wounds (lvl 3) Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max 15) [3d8+7] => [5,3,7,7] = (22)
[Tue Nov 18 23:15:55 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:16:16 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 23:16:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra still looks very blooded
[Tue Nov 18 23:17:02 2008] : Oona: Oona takes another step back, drops her swords and readies her bow.
[Tue Nov 18 23:17:17 2008] : Oona: done, I think.
[Tue Nov 18 23:17:46 2008] : Dan: ooc you can take one shot if you only took a 5ft step
[Tue Nov 18 23:17:57 2008] : Oona: I did. So I shoot.
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:09 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+17] => [7,17] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:09 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+12] => [19,12] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Kill it! ;)
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:16 2008] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:24 2008] : Dan: ooc boo!
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:27 2008] : Oona: ooc right. Not with those rolls :(
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:48 2008] : DM: Adrin, your panicked feeling is gone and you see the battle some 160 ft away
[Tue Nov 18 23:18:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Our rolls are shit tonight
[Tue Nov 18 23:19:09 2008] : Oona: ooc not ALL our rolls. DM is having a roll blast :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:19:51 2008] : DM: Even though it's dark out, the hamatula is lit up by the light from the windows.
[Tue Nov 18 23:19:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I meant us, not the DM, obviously :P
[Tue Nov 18 23:20:15 2008] : Adrin: Adrin shakes his head and runs full tilt towards the action
[Tue Nov 18 23:20:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc my sword should be near Ali?
[Tue Nov 18 23:20:35 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 18 23:20:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc run is 4x speed
[Tue Nov 18 23:21:00 2008] : Adrin: ooc ?
[Tue Nov 18 23:21:09 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 18 23:21:26 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Nov 18 23:21:43 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 23:22:11 2008] : Dan: Dan can't think of anything better to do...
[Tue Nov 18 23:22:17 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [2,3,2,3,3,5] = (18) Force damage
[Tue Nov 18 23:22:21 2008] : Dan: Spell Penetration: (Caster level check +2): [1d20+14] => [18,14] = (32)
[Tue Nov 18 23:22:32 2008] : Dan: Dan backs up slightly
[Tue Nov 18 23:22:41 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:22:54 2008] : Dan: ooc my rolls haven't been too bad
[Tue Nov 18 23:23:06 2008] : DM: The devil looks like it's nearly dead now. It's spines are scorched and broken by the many spells and blows.
[Tue Nov 18 23:23:39 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Magic Missile rules! :D
[Tue Nov 18 23:23:48 2008] : DM: Two more scorching rays aimed at Aliatra and Oona.
[Tue Nov 18 23:23:52 2008] : DM: [1d20+22] => [2,22] = (24)
[Tue Nov 18 23:23:53 2008] : DM: [1d20+22] => [14,22] = (36)
[Tue Nov 18 23:23:58 2008] : Dan: ooc I wonder what 1d4 +1 apes would have done to the fight?
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:01 2008] : DM: Two hits.
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:38 2008] : DM: [4d6] => [4,1,3,2] = (10) damage to Aliatra, and [4d6] => [5,3,1,4] = (13) damage to Oona.
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:39 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Why not try it?
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:43 2008] : Oona: ooc is Ali hit?
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:44 2008] : DM: Fire damage.
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:52 2008] : Oona: ooc ah.
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:53 2008] : DM: ooc touch attack, armour doesn't count.
[Tue Nov 18 23:24:54 2008] : Dan: ooc nah, i consider that rule a bit broken
[Tue Nov 18 23:25:33 2008] : Dan: ooc it's too easy to get 5 of the buggers and ruin what the DM has set up as a good encounter
[Tue Nov 18 23:25:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 23:25:51 2008] : DM: The pace and volume of the chanting in increasing, like they're reaching the climatic end of their ritual.
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:03 2008] : Oona: ooc right. And of course, the apes stay in and the heroes die :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:11 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:18 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts another spell, this time at the devil
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:21 2008] : Oona: Oona looked scorched and bloody.
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:23 2008] : Dan: "Should we try to disrupt them?"
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:26 2008] : DM: Your bralani has stopped fleeing.
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:38 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [2,8,8] = (18) damage, [6d6] => [4,1,1,6,5,1] = (18) against undead
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:56 2008] : DM: Touch attack and spell resistance roll.
[Tue Nov 18 23:26:58 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:27:10 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:27:10 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:27:19 2008] : DM: Hit
[Tue Nov 18 23:27:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ummm, spell resistance?
[Tue Nov 18 23:28:04 2008] : Dan: ooc 1d20 + caster level
[Tue Nov 18 23:28:30 2008] : Aliatra: [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Nov 18 23:29:06 2008] : DM: Your spells fizzles.
[Tue Nov 18 23:29:10 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 23:29:51 2008] : Oona: Oona aims and shoots
[Tue Nov 18 23:29:54 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+17] => [16,17] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Nov 18 23:29:54 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Nov 18 23:30:06 2008] : DM: A hit!
[Tue Nov 18 23:30:21 2008] : Oona: and reaches for a potion in her backpack.
[Tue Nov 18 23:30:25 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 23:30:40 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Nov 18 23:30:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin picks up his Sword and advances on the beast
[Tue Nov 18 23:30:51 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Nov 18 23:31:20 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 23:31:47 2008] : Dan: The Bralani starts to fly back (but is presumably very far away)
[Tue Nov 18 23:32:04 2008] : DM: ooc I think it's something like 600 ft away
[Tue Nov 18 23:32:39 2008] : Dan: Dan runs to the other side of the building
[Tue Nov 18 23:32:49 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:33:16 2008] : Hamatula: The Hamatula steps forwards and attack Adrin
[Tue Nov 18 23:33:21 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [7,18] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [2,7,6] = (15)
[Tue Nov 18 23:33:22 2008] : Hamatula: Claw (causes fear) (base): [1d20+18] => [5,18] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d8+6] => [3,4,6] = (13)
[Tue Nov 18 23:33:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc here we go again
[Tue Nov 18 23:33:53 2008] : Hamatula: And with a nimble twist of his body Adrin dodges the attacks.
[Tue Nov 18 23:34:26 2008] : DM: The chanting stops.
[Tue Nov 18 23:34:34 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 18 23:34:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra once again casts a spell at the creature
[Tue Nov 18 23:34:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [5,5,8] = (18) damage, [6d6] => [6,6,2,2,4,4] = (24) against undead
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:13 2008] : Aliatra: [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25)
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:19 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:20 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:29 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc SR
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:47 2008] : Oona: ooc it's there.
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Second roll
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:56 2008] : Dan: ooc and it passed
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc so it is. sorry
[Tue Nov 18 23:35:57 2008] : Oona: ooc 1d20+7
[Tue Nov 18 23:36:13 2008] : Adrin: ooc read that as wrapped text
[Tue Nov 18 23:36:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc np
[Tue Nov 18 23:36:25 2008] : DM: A hit, your spell blasts into the hamatula and its howls in pain and falls writhing to the floor, it's spines tearing into the turf. It dies.
[Tue Nov 18 23:36:32 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Nov 18 23:36:37 2008] : Oona: ooc YAY!
[Tue Nov 18 23:36:45 2008] : Aliatra: "About time"
[Tue Nov 18 23:37:05 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks disgusted
[Tue Nov 18 23:37:15 2008] : Oona: Oona, seeing Dan leave the combat scene, cuts short her movement to get a potion in her backpack and runs behind Dan.
[Tue Nov 18 23:37:21 2008] : Oona: ooc well, I don't need to run
[Tue Nov 18 23:37:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin then goes to Dan
[Tue Nov 18 23:37:41 2008] : DM: ooc still in rounds.
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:08 2008] : Oona: OOna bangs in the church's door and keeps behind it
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:18 2008] : Oona: ooc trying to open the door while not showing myself.
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:19 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks exhausted from all his running in a rage
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:23 2008] : DM: The door opens
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:38 2008] : Dan: ooc I never left the combat, I just considered the ritual more worthy of my attention than the demon!
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:56 2008] : Dan: ooc (devil)
[Tue Nov 18 23:38:58 2008] : Oona: ooc we're in character, and oona had the impression you left the combat :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Coward! :P
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:12 2008] : DM: Inside the leader of the dozen people gathered in the temple stands with dagger poised over the comatose body of the man on the altar.
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:13 2008] : Oona: Oona peeks in.
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:18 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27)
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:22 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [17,12] = (29)
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:26 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Nov 18 23:39:32 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Nov 18 23:40:12 2008] : Dan: ooc can we have a drawing of the scene DM?
[Tue Nov 18 23:40:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves to accompany Dan
[Tue Nov 18 23:40:26 2008] : Oona: ooc guys, I need to go to bed :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:40:27 2008] : Dan: ooc I need to know my options
[Tue Nov 18 23:41:05 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 18 23:41:09 2008] : Oona: ooc wow. 13 :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:42:13 2008] : DM: ooc 10 more minutes, delphine?
[Tue Nov 18 23:42:20 2008] : Oona: yep
[Tue Nov 18 23:42:24 2008] : Oona: ooc yep :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:42:25 2008] : Dan: dan steps into the doorway...
[Tue Nov 18 23:42:42 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Wall of Ice (level 4): Ice plane creates wall 10 ft square per caster level or hemisphere of radius 3ft +1 ft per caster level that can trap creatures inside. Wall is 1 inch thick per caster level and has 3hp per inch for each 10ft square. Passing through a breach in the wall deals 1d6 +1/level damage (Duration - Concentration +1 round/level)
[Tue Nov 18 23:43:15 2008] : Dan: Dan surrounds the reclining bosy with a plane of ice
[Tue Nov 18 23:43:24 2008] : Dan: ooc bosy = body
[Tue Nov 18 23:43:25 2008] : DM: ooc ooo. Clever.
[Tue Nov 18 23:43:36 2008] : Oona: ooc indeed.
[Tue Nov 18 23:43:41 2008] : Dan: Dan then looks incredibly angry....
[Tue Nov 18 23:43:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nice one!
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:00 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [5,5,5,1,0] = (16)
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:02 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [1,4,4,6,0] = (15)
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:03 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,4,4,1,0] = (15)
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:28 2008] : Dan: Dans hands whizz faster as he casts 3 rays at the 3 closest chanters
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:30 2008] : DM: Each ray burns one of the priests to a crisp.
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:33 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:39 2008] : Oona: ooc how high is that wall?
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:48 2008] : Oona: ooc can we see the leader?
[Tue Nov 18 23:44:58 2008] : DM: ooc 10 ft tall so no.
[Tue Nov 18 23:45:01 2008] : Dan: ooc to the ceiling
[Tue Nov 18 23:45:02 2008] : Oona: ooc priestscrisps. Nice.
[Tue Nov 18 23:45:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Salt and vinegar or cheese and onions?
[Tue Nov 18 23:45:43 2008] : Dan: ooc the area covered is not too large (i.e. around the dais, so it can be quite tall I think
[Tue Nov 18 23:45:52 2008] : DM: The head priest screams in range in infernal and attacks the ice wall and barely chipping it.
[Tue Nov 18 23:46:35 2008] : DM: Priests offer little resistance so you could capture or kill them all with little trouble.
[Tue Nov 18 23:46:44 2008] : DM: Which are you going to do?
[Tue Nov 18 23:46:48 2008] : Dan: ooc I can't tell you how long I've had that spell memorised looking for a good time to use it!
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:04 2008] : Oona: ooc kill, Dan. is. angry.
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:07 2008] : Oona: ooc :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:23 2008] : Dan: ooc frustrated more than anything
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:23 2008] : Oona: ooc all of them offer little resistance? Even the leader?
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And now it comes in handy :D
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:36 2008] : Dan: ooc exceptionally so
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:37 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc Dan may be angry but I think Adrin will need physically restrained from killing something
[Tue Nov 18 23:47:58 2008] : Adrin: ooc maybe even the junior agent
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:05 2008] : Dan: ooc can we resolve this next time, for Del's sake?
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:11 2008] : Oona: ooc I would say try to ask them to surrender
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:17 2008] : Oona: ooc no, let's decide now :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:20 2008] : Dan: ooc we got them :-D
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra wants to know what's happening, but can't see
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:25 2008] : Oona: ooc I won't sleep otherwise
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:28 2008] : Oona: ooc haha.
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc kill a couple and take the rest prisoner
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:50 2008] : Oona: ooc capture them I say. Dan has already killed enough to scare them to death.
[Tue Nov 18 23:48:57 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Capture them all, bind them and transport them back to town
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:03 2008] : Oona: Oona runs into the church and ducks behind a bench, aiming at whoever she see.
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:10 2008] : Oona: "Surrender or you're dead!"
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:31 2008] : DM: Okay. Adrin hacks down a few more and then the rest give up and surrender. You capture the leader and 6 of his minions.
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:40 2008] : Oona: ooc cool :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:41 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc \o/ :D
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:58 2008] : Dan: ooc 1 xp per priest
[Tue Nov 18 23:49:59 2008] : DM: On the leader is a piece of parchment written in infernal (can anyone read it?)
[Tue Nov 18 23:50:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I love how Adrin kills a few of them first :)
[Tue Nov 18 23:50:29 2008] : Dan: ooc not me (mumble about languages that elves can choose from)
[Tue Nov 18 23:50:47 2008] : Oona: ooc I can't either.
[Tue Nov 18 23:51:03 2008] : Dan: ooc oh...
[Tue Nov 18 23:51:05 2008] : DM: ooc Aliatra don't you have a spell?
[Tue Nov 18 23:51:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I can read it tomorrow
[Tue Nov 18 23:51:08 2008] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [16,20] = (36)
[Tue Nov 18 23:51:10 2008] : Oona: ooc doesn't ali have the speak tongues thing prepared?
[Tue Nov 18 23:51:12 2008] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [16,20] = (36)
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:03 2008] : Dan: ooc DM makes the roll apparently
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:04 2008] : Oona: ooc we're not transporting anyone back to town, we're waiting for Franzesa's agents to come and get them.
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:12 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I can Speak Languages, but not today
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc are we?
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:28 2008] : DM: Dan puzzles over the parchment, it's a ritual that opens a portal to a plane of hell, it involved plenty of chanting and a drop of blood as the final trigger.
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It's late, let's sleep, so I can cure everyone and read the note
[Tue Nov 18 23:52:56 2008] : Dan: Dan explains and rolls his eyes as he finishes
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:22 2008] : Oona: Decipher Script Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:27 2008] : Adrin: "Why do they always kill someone just for one drop?"
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:32 2008] : Dan: "Looks like we have somewhere else to be again!"
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:38 2008] : Aliatra: "What could be the charm of that, going to one of the Hells?"
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:44 2008] : Dan: "I have no idea Adrin."
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:53 2008] : Oona: ooc the FLAME!
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:54 2008] : DM: 750 XP for 12 level people.
[Tue Nov 18 23:53:57 2008] : Dan: "Some people are just bloodthirsty"
[Tue Nov 18 23:54:12 2008] : Oona: ooc what? WHAT? 750 XP for that beast?
[Tue Nov 18 23:54:19 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds bloody dangerous"
[Tue Nov 18 23:54:20 2008] : DM: 1030 XP for level 11 people.
[Tue Nov 18 23:54:26 2008] : DM: GAME END.