Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Oct 14 20:16:46 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Oct 14 20:17:42 2008] : DM: You're in the shadow plane version of Greenmere, surrounded by tumble down houses and the dead corpse of a shadow purple worm. The air is still and not a sound can be heard.
[Tue Oct 14 20:17:54 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at the carcass of the great beast
[Tue Oct 14 20:18:11 2008] : Dan: "OK, so there's some pretty nasty stuff here"
[Tue Oct 14 20:18:12 2008] : Adrin: "The bigger they are, eh?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:18:34 2008] : Dan: "No nastier than our plane so far though"
[Tue Oct 14 20:18:51 2008] : Dan: "I guess we should look for Shadroth some how"
[Tue Oct 14 20:19:09 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't particularly like it here. Let's finish up our business and get out"
[Tue Oct 14 20:20:04 2008] : Adrin: "I think we may have to get his attention somehow so that he find us"
[Tue Oct 14 20:20:19 2008] : Dan: "Any ideas how?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:21:07 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe open the portal here was enough"
[Tue Oct 14 20:21:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Kill his pet, whatever that might be?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:21:28 2008] : DM: ooc what pet?
[Tue Oct 14 20:21:46 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps Adrin"
[Tue Oct 14 20:22:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just talking about no animal in particular, DM
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:06 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Making suggestions about luring Shadroth to us
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:09 2008] : Dan: "Well, let's start by looking around here"
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:26 2008] : Aliatra: "And let's NOT split up"
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:34 2008] : Dan: Dan examines the area for anything obviously labelled clue
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:35 2008] : Adrin: "I was just about to say that"
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:39 2008] : Adrin: ooc I was too!
[Tue Oct 14 20:23:47 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13)
[Tue Oct 14 20:24:25 2008] : DM: There's nothing here that looks like a Clue.
[Tue Oct 14 20:24:54 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, well I can't see anything obvious around here"
[Tue Oct 14 20:25:59 2008] : DM: You are struck by how similar the area is to the equivilent on the material plane. All the buildings and paths and roads are all in the same place.
[Tue Oct 14 20:26:01 2008] : Aliatra: "So what way do we go now? And where is Oona when you need her?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:26:31 2008] : Dan: "So where would we expect to find Shadroth?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:27:10 2008] : Dan: "I suppose we could start by examining the priest's quarters in the shadow version of the village"
[Tue Oct 14 20:27:29 2008] : Adrin: "Good idea, Everything looks so similar maybe there'll be something there"
[Tue Oct 14 20:28:13 2008] : Aliatra: "And if not, what does it matter? We don't know where we're going now either"
[Tue Oct 14 20:28:18 2008] : Dan: Dan heads for the village chapel
[Tue Oct 14 20:28:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows, weapon drawn and wary
[Tue Oct 14 20:28:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc Adrin is wary, not his sword
[Tue Oct 14 20:29:24 2008] : DM: The village chapel's door hangs from one hinge, dried leaves have blown through and lie in rustling dry heaps about the interior.
[Tue Oct 14 20:29:45 2008] : DM: There's nothing of interest here.
[Tue Oct 14 20:29:46 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, everything here is so bleak"
[Tue Oct 14 20:29:58 2008] : Dan: Dan enters and looks around
[Tue Oct 14 20:30:57 2008] : DM: ooc [1d3] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Oct 14 20:31:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes in as well
[Tue Oct 14 20:31:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Watch out: the DM's rolling his dice!
[Tue Oct 14 20:31:23 2008] : Adrin: "Hmm, well the only other place I can think of is the cave we came from"
[Tue Oct 14 20:32:12 2008] : DM: ooc you have had a clue and I'm trying to find it in the logs.
[Tue Oct 14 20:32:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Are there no people here? Those housed must have been built by someone"
[Tue Oct 14 20:32:25 2008] : Dan: "I guess we can look at the tavern and a few other buildingd before we leave"
[Tue Oct 14 20:32:53 2008] : Dan: "The buildings are, I believe, a corrupted shadow of the material plane"
[Tue Oct 14 20:33:09 2008] : Dan: "They exist here because they exist on our plane"
[Tue Oct 14 20:33:46 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:33
[Tue Oct 14 20:34:04 2008] : Dan: "The buildings are, I believe, a corrupted shadow of the material plane"
[Tue Oct 14 20:34:07 2008] : Dan: "They exist here because they exist on our plane"
[Tue Oct 14 20:34:54 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(4) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Oct 14 20:34:55 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:34
[Tue Oct 14 20:34:57 2008] : DM: ooc oops. There was no clue really.
[Tue Oct 14 20:35:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No wonder we're wandering
[Tue Oct 14 20:35:24 2008] : Dan: ooc tut, tut ;-)
[Tue Oct 14 20:37:06 2008] : Adrin: "Hang on, didn't we meet the shadow guy in Southtown?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:38:07 2008] : Aliatra: "So?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:38:18 2008] : Dan: "That's a long trek away"
[Tue Oct 14 20:38:40 2008] : Adrin: "Would your teleport spell work here?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:39:04 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure"
[Tue Oct 14 20:39:06 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [17,22] = (39)
[Tue Oct 14 20:39:29 2008] : Dan: "Let me consult my notes"
[Tue Oct 14 20:40:31 2008] : Dan: "There's a risk of misteleportation on the prime material plane..."
[Tue Oct 14 20:41:01 2008] : Dan: "I think that the lack of familiarity with this plane would probably have disastrous consequences"
[Tue Oct 14 20:41:14 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds bad"
[Tue Oct 14 20:41:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's not do that, then"
[Tue Oct 14 20:43:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Where next?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:43:41 2008] : Dan: "The inn?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:43:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Oct 14 20:43:58 2008] : Adrin: "ok"
[Tue Oct 14 20:44:27 2008] : DM: The inn is empty except for your broken furniture and barrels.
[Tue Oct 14 20:45:22 2008] : Dan: "OK, this isn't really getting us anywhere"
[Tue Oct 14 20:45:32 2008] : Adrin: "only other place is the cave"
[Tue Oct 14 20:45:42 2008] : Dan: "Let me have a think about what I know"
[Tue Oct 14 20:45:46 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [9,20] = (29)
[Tue Oct 14 20:46:01 2008] : Adrin: "Unless you can think of a good way to move around this plane"
[Tue Oct 14 20:46:29 2008] : DM: ooc it's not /that/ far to Southtown.
[Tue Oct 14 20:46:39 2008] : Adrin: ooc without horses?
[Tue Oct 14 20:46:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has a think as well
[Tue Oct 14 20:46:51 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [3,12] = (15)
[Tue Oct 14 20:47:22 2008] : Dan: ooc it took us two days on horse!
[Tue Oct 14 20:47:48 2008] : Adrin: Adrin has a look around for something edible just in case they're here for awhile
[Tue Oct 14 20:47:52 2008] : Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
[Tue Oct 14 20:47:53 2008] : Dan: "Well, I guess we check the cave and then if nothing else we try Southtown"
[Tue Oct 14 20:47:54 2008] : Aliatra: "That priest only had the means to come here, wouldn't that signify there is something he wanted to visit?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:48:49 2008] : Dan: "Another option would be to leave here via a portal, travel conventionally, then try to get back in via a circle and the incantation"
[Tue Oct 14 20:49:03 2008] : Adrin: "not necessarily. May have just been an easy target"
[Tue Oct 14 20:49:24 2008] : Adrin: "Do you think we can replicate the circle?"
[Tue Oct 14 20:50:07 2008] : Dan: "We did it on this side"
[Tue Oct 14 20:50:33 2008] : Adrin: "Lets go for it then"
[Tue Oct 14 20:50:47 2008] : Dan: "The only thing that worries me is that we may be expending charges of the staff"
[Tue Oct 14 20:50:55 2008] : DM: ooc nope
[Tue Oct 14 20:51:01 2008] : Dan: "And if so, we have no idea how many are left"
[Tue Oct 14 20:51:38 2008] : Dan: ooc nope?
[Tue Oct 14 20:51:48 2008] : Adrin: "All we can do is try"
[Tue Oct 14 20:52:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I don't remember us replicating that circle
[Tue Oct 14 20:52:52 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's find the caves first"
[Tue Oct 14 20:52:57 2008] : Dan: ooc I did it on this side to get back
[Tue Oct 14 20:53:32 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Oct 14 20:54:11 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Oct 14 20:54:30 2008] : Dan: Dan sets off in the direction of the cave
[Tue Oct 14 20:55:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows, sword in hand
[Tue Oct 14 20:55:04 2008] : DM: You reach the cave. It's different from the one on the material plane -- it looks like something or someone lived here. There a rough shed near the cave entrance. Peering into the cave you see it's partly furnished with a table and some chairs.
[Tue Oct 14 20:55:16 2008] : Adrin: "Interesting"
[Tue Oct 14 20:55:58 2008] : Dan: "Very. Clearly someone lived here, at least for a while"
[Tue Oct 14 20:57:34 2008] : Aliatra: "I wonder if we know the inhabitant"
[Tue Oct 14 20:57:47 2008] : DM: Some wooden bowls filled with mouldy fruit sit on the table.
[Tue Oct 14 20:58:25 2008] : Adrin: "Not been lived in recently though"
[Tue Oct 14 20:58:30 2008] : DM: The inner room of the cave is furnished as a small sleep area. A wooden chest has its lid flung open and is completely empty.
[Tue Oct 14 20:59:04 2008] : DM: You get the impression that the place with ransacked and anything of interest or value was taken.
[Tue Oct 14 20:59:13 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has a look around
[Tue Oct 14 20:59:18 2008] : Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Tue Oct 14 20:59:27 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
[Tue Oct 14 20:59:37 2008] : Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Oct 14 20:59:58 2008] : Dan: Dan takes his time searching (take 20 = 28)
[Tue Oct 14 21:00:13 2008] : DM: Even a thourough search of the cave doesn't turn up anything.
[Tue Oct 14 21:01:25 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you think there are multiple caves here as well?"
[Tue Oct 14 21:01:27 2008] : Dan: "OK, nothing here"
[Tue Oct 14 21:01:30 2008] : DM: You hear something moving in the shed outside. Perhaps a stomp of a hoof.
[Tue Oct 14 21:01:43 2008] : Dan: "What's that?"
[Tue Oct 14 21:02:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Only one way to find out"
[Tue Oct 14 21:02:20 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the shed
[Tue Oct 14 21:02:31 2008] : Dan: Dan hangs back a little and let's the bigger folks go first
[Tue Oct 14 21:02:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin, are you ready?"
[Tue Oct 14 21:03:04 2008] : Adrin: Adrin has had his sword drawn the whole time
[Tue Oct 14 21:03:06 2008] : Adrin: Adrin has had his sword drawn the whole time
[Tue Oct 14 21:03:09 2008] : Adrin: "Ready"
[Tue Oct 14 21:03:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door of the shed, while standing to the side
[Tue Oct 14 21:03:43 2008] : DM: Inside are 4 four sad looking grey horses, hanging from the walls on rusty hooks are some worn looking sets of tack.
[Tue Oct 14 21:03:58 2008] : DM: ooc now can we please proceed to the rest of the story? ;)
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:03 2008] : Aliatra: "The poor animals"
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:06 2008] : Dan: ooc ROFL
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:23 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at them
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:29 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [12,20] = (32)
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:33 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:38 2008] : Dan: ooc are they from this plane?
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:47 2008] : Adrin: Handle Animal Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Oct 14 21:04:53 2008] : Aliatra: Anyway, after arriving in shadow Southtown ...
[Tue Oct 14 21:05:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc heh
[Tue Oct 14 21:05:19 2008] : DM: They look sufficiently colourless to be from this plane.
[Tue Oct 14 21:05:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 21:05:28 2008] : DM: They seem quite docile.
[Tue Oct 14 21:06:16 2008] : Adrin: "Trip to Southtown anyone?"
[Tue Oct 14 21:06:46 2008] : Dan: "Well, they seem to be from this plane, so hopefully they can gain nourishment from this dry grass"
[Tue Oct 14 21:06:58 2008] : Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Oct 14 21:07:09 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, those horses here, four of them, can't be a coincidence. It's as if a god intervened on our behalf"
[Tue Oct 14 21:07:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Aliatra bows down to the DM
[Tue Oct 14 21:07:49 2008] : DM: ooc I didn't think walking to Southtown was that long.
[Tue Oct 14 21:08:30 2008] : Dan: ooc we stopped at that farmstead for the night
[Tue Oct 14 21:08:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc 2 day horse ride without horses or proper food wouldn't be nice
[Tue Oct 14 21:10:12 2008] : DM: You ride the shadow horse out of Greenmere and on to the road to Southtown. You climb the valley and crest the hill and look down the sloping descent to Shadow Southtown. The land around is bleak and dead, nearly leaveless trees and dried grasses.
[Tue Oct 14 21:10:37 2008] : Adrin: "Not very inviting"
[Tue Oct 14 21:10:40 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:10
[Tue Oct 14 21:11:01 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(5) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Oct 14 21:11:01 2008] : Adrin: ooc still having connection probs?
[Tue Oct 14 21:11:02 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:11
[Tue Oct 14 21:11:06 2008] : DM: In the distance you see a cross, about 3 metres tall standing crooked by the side of the road.
[Tue Oct 14 21:11:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yep :(
[Tue Oct 14 21:11:35 2008] : Dan: ooc is it the same as Bert used to have? Caused by throttling?
[Tue Oct 14 21:12:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It just happens, I'm blaming Vista myself
[Tue Oct 14 21:12:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides on to check out the cross
[Tue Oct 14 21:12:51 2008] : Adrin: Adrin hangs back a little, keeping watch
[Tue Oct 14 21:13:33 2008] : Dan: "I wonder if this is significant"
[Tue Oct 14 21:14:03 2008] : DM: As you get closer you see that a humanoid has been nailed to the cross. The figure hangs limply.
[Tue Oct 14 21:14:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra spurs her horse on to get there faster
[Tue Oct 14 21:15:52 2008] : Adrin: Adrin keeps watching for a trap
[Tue Oct 14 21:16:25 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Ali at a distance
[Tue Oct 14 21:16:44 2008] : DM: When you get to about 150 ft you see the figure suddenly lift it's had, malevolent red eyes blaze at you in fierce hate and anger. It screams and struggles mightily.
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:10 2008] : DM: "You DIE!!" its screams in a harsh voice that sounds similar to Akbar.
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:15 2008] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:17 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra holds her horse back and studies the creature
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:22 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [19,12] = (31)
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:28 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14)
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:30 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Oct 14 21:17:58 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Oct 14 21:19:02 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Did my knowledge check yield a result?
[Tue Oct 14 21:19:05 2008] : DM: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Oct 14 21:19:48 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [20,20] = (40)
[Tue Oct 14 21:20:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Of course your roll would beat mine ;)
[Tue Oct 14 21:20:24 2008] : DM: The figure on the cross is Akbar, his clothes shredded and armour undearneath all battered, all colour is gone from his skin and hair. You can only guess it his capabilities or what brought him to this state.
[Tue Oct 14 21:21:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Killing that would be the mercifull thing to do, I guess"
[Tue Oct 14 21:21:09 2008] : DM: As is typical for people bound to a plane, he is likely to have retained much of his abilities from when he was alive.
[Tue Oct 14 21:21:21 2008] : Dan: ooc can I tell anything about him, alive, undead?
[Tue Oct 14 21:22:21 2008] : DM: He's a memory, bound to a form of shadow and trapped on this plane. He's not undead but an extraplanar creature (except he's on his home plane).
[Tue Oct 14 21:22:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Is he corporeal here?
[Tue Oct 14 21:23:12 2008] : DM: He's corporeal. And he's a construct, sorry, not a creature.
[Tue Oct 14 21:23:43 2008] : Dan: ooc OK, ixnay on the deadunyay ellspay
[Tue Oct 14 21:23:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shares her knowledge with the others
[Tue Oct 14 21:24:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's deconstruct it"
[Tue Oct 14 21:25:20 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 14 21:25:43 2008] : Dan: Dan begins casting a spell
[Tue Oct 14 21:25:47 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 14 21:26:01 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 14 21:26:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides closer, before drawing her bow
[Tue Oct 14 21:26:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How close can I get?
[Tue Oct 14 21:26:52 2008] : DM: ooc how far can you ride? Horse speed is 40 ft.
[Tue Oct 14 21:27:20 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 14 21:28:32 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Akbar wrenches an arm and a leg free from the cross, grey blood sprays from the ragged wounds in his ankle and wrist. He casts a spell.
[Tue Oct 14 21:28:45 2008] : Shadow Akbar: ooc Stoneskin
[Tue Oct 14 21:29:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin rides a little closer and dismounts
[Tue Oct 14 21:29:32 2008] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Oct 14 21:29:38 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 14 21:30:16 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Celestial Griffon (Large magical beast): 79hp; 5 resist on acid, cold and electricity; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 17; SR = 12; Darkvision 60'; Speed 30' (walk) 80' (fly, average);
[Tue Oct 14 21:30:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Dan loves summoning, doesn't he?
[Tue Oct 14 21:30:51 2008] : DM: ooc the wierd brown things are supposed to be trees.
[Tue Oct 14 21:30:56 2008] : Dan: Griffon dives at Akbar
[Tue Oct 14 21:31:07 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Pounce/Dive (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Claw [1d20+10] => [1,10] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Bite [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [5,1,6] = (12)
Rake [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Rake [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9)

[Tue Oct 14 21:31:37 2008] : Dan: Dan rides closer
[Tue Oct 14 21:31:59 2008] : Dan: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Oct 14 21:32:04 2008] : Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33)
[Tue Oct 14 21:32:08 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [5,5,2,5,0] = (17)
[Tue Oct 14 21:32:09 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,3,4,2,0] = (15)
[Tue Oct 14 21:32:09 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,6,4,5,0] = (21)
[Tue Oct 14 21:32:30 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:09 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan is a Conjurer with augmented summoning - it's what he does!
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:27 2008] : DM: He (it?) seems to be resistant to fire and he's hardly scorched.
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:37 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Not saying anything is wrong with loving to summon
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra aims and shoots at construct Akbar
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:52 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (base): [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Oct 14 21:33:52 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (second): [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Oct 14 21:34:07 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra then dismounts and is done
[Tue Oct 14 21:34:22 2008] : DM: His stone skin absorbs most of the damage from your single shot.
[Tue Oct 14 21:35:06 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Akbar wrenches himself free, and drops to the ground. (AoO from the Griffon)
[Tue Oct 14 21:35:27 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Bite: [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,2,6] = (14) (treat as magical)
[Tue Oct 14 21:35:32 2008] : Shadow Akbar: He casts a spell and a grey 10 ft globe surrounds him. (Spell craft check)
[Tue Oct 14 21:35:42 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [10,22] = (32)
[Tue Oct 14 21:35:44 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Tue Oct 14 21:35:45 2008] : Shadow Akbar: The griffons snaps but misses.
[Tue Oct 14 21:36:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stares at the globe
[Tue Oct 14 21:36:36 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 14 21:36:48 2008] : Dan: "It's something to keep living beings away"
[Tue Oct 14 21:37:14 2008] : Adrin: Adrin runs closer
[Tue Oct 14 21:37:15 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Oct 14 21:37:16 2008] : Aliatra: "Ah, how do we get past it? Can our weapons still reach him?"
[Tue Oct 14 21:37:35 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure"
[Tue Oct 14 21:38:47 2008] : DM: ooc they will reach if you have a 15ft reach weapon, or ranged weapons.
[Tue Oct 14 21:38:49 2008] : Dan: "Only constructs undead, outsiders and undead can approach"
[Tue Oct 14 21:39:00 2008] : Adrin: ooc arrows?
[Tue Oct 14 21:39:09 2008] : Dan: "Thankfully the Griffon is an outsider"
[Tue Oct 14 21:39:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Those are ranged :)
[Tue Oct 14 21:39:17 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 14 21:39:30 2008] : Dan: Griffon pounces
[Tue Oct 14 21:39:36 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Pounce/Dive (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Claw [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Bite [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [5,5,6] = (16)
Rake [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Rake [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4)

[Tue Oct 14 21:39:43 2008] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+9] => [6,5,9] = (20)
[Tue Oct 14 21:40:00 2008] : Dan: ooc AoO?
[Tue Oct 14 21:40:27 2008] : DM: ooc doesn't the griffon have to charge to pounce/dive? I think it's too close.
[Tue Oct 14 21:41:03 2008] : Dan: ooc OK, no rake
[Tue Oct 14 21:41:38 2008] : DM: ooc ignore the slam btw.
[Tue Oct 14 21:41:47 2008] : DM: ooc casting any spells?
[Tue Oct 14 21:41:51 2008] : Dan: ooc reach is 5 ft
[Tue Oct 14 21:42:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I was wondering what was doing the slamming
[Tue Oct 14 21:42:18 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [4,4,4,2,3,5] = (22) damage
[Tue Oct 14 21:42:27 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 14 21:42:44 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 14 21:43:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra chants a spell
[Tue Oct 14 21:43:07 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [1,7,2] = (10) damage, [6d6] => [6,6,2,2,2,5] = (23) against undead
[Tue Oct 14 21:43:43 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra puts away her bow and is done
[Tue Oct 14 21:44:39 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Akbar steps backwards and casts another spell.
[Tue Oct 14 21:45:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Does the spell penetrate the globe and hurt him?
[Tue Oct 14 21:45:16 2008] : Shadow Akbar: ooc yes.
[Tue Oct 14 21:45:25 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [1,22] = (23)
[Tue Oct 14 21:45:33 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Oct 14 21:47:05 2008] : Shadow Akbar: The area around Dan and Adrin is filled with far, swirling drops of shadow that flay the skin from your bodies.
[Tue Oct 14 21:47:11 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Reflex saves for Dan and Adrin.
[Tue Oct 14 21:47:20 2008] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28)
[Tue Oct 14 21:47:20 2008] : Shadow Akbar: [13d6] => [1,1,6,1,4,4,2,1,6,4,6,1,3] = (40)
[Tue Oct 14 21:47:27 2008] : Adrin: Reflex save: [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19)
[Tue Oct 14 21:48:07 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Dan take 20 damage and Adrin take 40 damage.
[Tue Oct 14 21:48:22 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 14 21:48:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch
[Tue Oct 14 21:48:35 2008] : Dan: ooc is it a lasting effect?
[Tue Oct 14 21:48:49 2008] : DM: The spell was a shadow variant of Firestorm. No lasting effects.
[Tue Oct 14 21:48:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin sheathes his sword and then draws his bow
[Tue Oct 14 21:49:06 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Oct 14 21:49:37 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 14 21:49:41 2008] : Dan: Griffon steps forwards and attacks again
[Tue Oct 14 21:49:55 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Full attack (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Claw [1d20+10] => [18,10] = (28) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [3,3] = (6)
Bite [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,4,6] = (13)

[Tue Oct 14 21:50:03 2008] : Dan: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
[Tue Oct 14 21:50:28 2008] : Dan: Dan rides forwards slightly
[Tue Oct 14 21:50:38 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dispel Magic (level 3): Cancels magical spells and effects (Target - One spellcaster, creature, or object) ==> (Dispel check for each spell - 1d20 + caster level) [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21)
[Tue Oct 14 21:50:50 2008] : Dan: ooc how many rolls?
[Tue Oct 14 21:51:09 2008] : DM: ooc two
[Tue Oct 14 21:51:13 2008] : Dan: [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20)
[Tue Oct 14 21:51:16 2008] : Dan: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue Oct 14 21:51:32 2008] : DM: ooc max is +10 for dispel magic
[Tue Oct 14 21:51:32 2008] : Dan: ooc boooooo!
[Tue Oct 14 21:51:48 2008] : Dan: ooc Ah, OK
[Tue Oct 14 21:52:12 2008] : Dan: ooc that will be why my node was wrong and I changed it to 11... D'oh!
[Tue Oct 14 21:52:47 2008] : DM: None of Akbar's protective magicks are dispelled.
[Tue Oct 14 21:52:55 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 14 21:53:03 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra relishes the success of her previous spell and tries again
[Tue Oct 14 21:53:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [4,5,8] = (17) damage, [6d6] => [1,2,5,6,4,2] = (20) against undead
[Tue Oct 14 21:53:23 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 14 21:54:02 2008] : DM: Need a ranged touch attack for ray spells.
[Tue Oct 14 21:54:12 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Oct 14 21:54:12 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Oct 14 21:54:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry, I forgot
[Tue Oct 14 21:54:42 2008] : DM: Your ray misses.
[Tue Oct 14 21:56:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc *shrug*
[Tue Oct 14 21:56:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks pissed off as her ray misses the target
[Tue Oct 14 21:56:56 2008] : Shadow Akbar: "AWAKEN!!"
[Tue Oct 14 21:57:39 2008] : Shadow Akbar: There's a creaking of timer behind you and the dead oak tree shifts and charges Adrin.
[Tue Oct 14 21:57:46 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Slam (base): [1d20+12] => [20,12] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+9] => [6,5,9] = (20)
[Tue Oct 14 21:57:46 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Critical hit? [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+18] => [5,2,4,2,18] = (31)
[Tue Oct 14 21:58:10 2008] : Shadow Akbar: 31 damage as a tree branch of a awakened tree attacks you.
[Tue Oct 14 21:58:24 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Another step back and another spell.
[Tue Oct 14 21:58:26 2008] : Dan: "Ok, that's not good"
[Tue Oct 14 21:58:31 2008] : Shadow Akbar: [3d8+13] => [1,6,5,13] = (25)
[Tue Oct 14 21:59:02 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's kill Akbar and be done with this"
[Tue Oct 14 21:59:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 14 21:59:36 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Akbar's body is partially restored. He just cast a shadow variant of cure serious wounds.
[Tue Oct 14 21:59:54 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 14 22:00:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin reels under the impact of the tree, but draws his sword in a rage and attacks the tree
[Tue Oct 14 22:00:13 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+20] => [17,20] = (37) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,5,11,1] = (20)
[Tue Oct 14 22:00:13 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+20] => [13,20] = (33) ===> Damage: [4d6+22+1d6] => [2,3,1,5,22,3] = (36)
[Tue Oct 14 22:00:13 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+15] => [13,15] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [5,3,11,2] = (21)
[Tue Oct 14 22:00:13 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [1,1,11,5] = (18)
[Tue Oct 14 22:01:10 2008] : DM: Adrin's greatsword doubles as a woodcutter's axe as dead tree limbs go flying in his fearsome attack.
[Tue Oct 14 22:01:30 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 14 22:01:38 2008] : Dan: Griffon steps forwards and attacks again
[Tue Oct 14 22:01:55 2008] : Dan: Smite evil on the bite...
[Tue Oct 14 22:02:08 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Full attack (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Claw [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Bite [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,2,6] = (12)

[Tue Oct 14 22:02:26 2008] : Dan: ooc damage +13 on the bite, if it hit
[Tue Oct 14 22:02:49 2008] : Dan: Dan attempts a second time to dispell Akbar's spells
[Tue Oct 14 22:03:02 2008] : Aliatra: ooc back
[Tue Oct 14 22:03:06 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dispel Magic (level 3): Cancels magical spells and effects (Target - One spellcaster, creature, or object) ==> (Dispel check for each spell - 1d20 + caster level) [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26)
[Tue Oct 14 22:03:14 2008] : Dan: [1d20+10] => [12,10] = (22)
[Tue Oct 14 22:03:17 2008] : Dan: [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Oct 14 22:03:24 2008] : DM: The griffon only manages to hit with one claw.
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:01 2008] : Dan: Dan seems to blur his hands and rapidly blasts a second spell at the tree
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:11 2008] : DM: The grey globe disappears from around akbar.
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:12 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,1,6,3,0] = (12)
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:12 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [1,2,5,2,0] = (10)
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:13 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [3,10] = (13) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,4,4,5,0] = (19)
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:21 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:29 2008] : DM: ooc overkill. It had 7 HP remaining.
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:51 2008] : Dan: ooc I have no idea how much HP a tree has!
[Tue Oct 14 22:04:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Dead is dead :)
[Tue Oct 14 22:05:08 2008] : Dan: "The antilife shell is gone"
[Tue Oct 14 22:05:18 2008] : DM: The tree bursts into flames and burning branches fall to the ground where the flames swiftly die out.
[Tue Oct 14 22:05:44 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 14 22:05:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra once again recites the same spell as before
[Tue Oct 14 22:05:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [8,1,1] = (10) damage, [6d6] => [4,3,3,6,3,5] = (24) against undead
[Tue Oct 14 22:06:00 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Oct 14 22:06:01 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Oct 14 22:06:10 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 14 22:06:29 2008] : DM: A hit, your spell sears Akbar's grey flesh down to his cheekbone.
[Tue Oct 14 22:07:12 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Again Akbar steps back, screaming in rage.
[Tue Oct 14 22:08:16 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles as she sees Akbar's discomfort
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:09 2008] : Shadow Akbar: A bolt of lightnight streaks down and strikes Dan.
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:21 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Reflex save.
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:28 2008] : Shadow Akbar: [5d6] => [5,6,6,6,3] = (26)
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:28 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [18,22] = (40)
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:34 2008] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17)
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:40 2008] : Shadow Akbar: It's a bolt from a call lightning storm.
[Tue Oct 14 22:09:59 2008] : Shadow Akbar: Take 13 damage.
[Tue Oct 14 22:10:11 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 14 22:10:41 2008] : Adrin: Adrin turns his attentions to the tattered form of Akbar and charges at him
[Tue Oct 14 22:10:41 2008] : Dan: Dan's ring absorbs a large proportion of the bolt
[Tue Oct 14 22:10:46 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+20] => [14,20] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [4,4,11,5] = (24)
[Tue Oct 14 22:10:47 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,2,11,2] = (18)
[Tue Oct 14 22:10:47 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [5,5,11,2] = (23)
[Tue Oct 14 22:11:29 2008] : DM: A good hit
[Tue Oct 14 22:11:32 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Oct 14 22:11:32 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 14 22:11:43 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Full attack (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Claw [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [3,3] = (6)
Bite [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,1,6] = (13)

[Tue Oct 14 22:12:00 2008] : Dan: Dan casts again at Akbar
[Tue Oct 14 22:12:03 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [1,4,3,1,4,5] = (18) damage
[Tue Oct 14 22:12:10 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 14 22:12:24 2008] : DM: Akbar is looking seriously wounded now.
[Tue Oct 14 22:12:36 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 14 22:13:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra carefully targets her spell so Akbar is the only one effected by it
[Tue Oct 14 22:13:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Sound Burst (lvl 2) Deals [1d8] => [7] = (7) sonic damage to subjects; may stun them.
[Tue Oct 14 22:14:06 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 14 22:14:21 2008] : DM: Will save: [1d20+13] => [10,13] = (23)
[Tue Oct 14 22:14:29 2008] : DM: ooc DC?
[Tue Oct 14 22:14:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 14
[Tue Oct 14 22:15:11 2008] : DM: Injured but not stunned.
[Tue Oct 14 22:15:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc For save for partial
[Tue Oct 14 22:15:20 2008] : Aliatra: Fort
[Tue Oct 14 22:15:24 2008] : DM: Fortitude save: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Oct 14 22:16:09 2008] : DM: He is stunned.
[Tue Oct 14 22:16:38 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 14 22:16:45 2008] : Aliatra: "He can't defend himself now, time to kill him"
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:32 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a almighty swing
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:33 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+20] => [19,20] = (39) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,6,11,1] = (21)
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:33 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+20] => [17,20] = (37) ===> Damage: [4d6+22+1d6] => [3,6,1,5,22,2] = (39)
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:34 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+15] => [3,15] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [1,1,11,3] = (16)
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:34 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (third): [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [1,4,11,5] = (21)
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:34 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [4d6+22+1d6] => [4,1,6,2,22,6] = (41)
[Tue Oct 14 22:17:53 2008] : Dan: "I think you got him Adrin"
[Tue Oct 14 22:18:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc that was indeed almighty!
[Tue Oct 14 22:18:14 2008] : DM: Adrin's mighty blow smashes through Akbar's skull and shears deep into his torso.
[Tue Oct 14 22:19:02 2008] : Aliatra: "I said kill him, not make mince meat of him"
[Tue Oct 14 22:19:11 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Tue Oct 14 22:19:33 2008] : DM: As his corpse falls backwards the skin skin shrivels rapidly from his body, the skeleton smashes into the ground shattering.
[Tue Oct 14 22:19:33 2008] : Adrin: Adrin screams in rage at the shrededcorpse before coming to his senses
[Tue Oct 14 22:20:38 2008] : Aliatra: "That's the end of Akbar, on our plane and on this"
[Tue Oct 14 22:20:39 2008] : Dan: "After the worm, and this fight, I could do with a rest before we approach Shadroth"
[Tue Oct 14 22:20:39 2008] : DM: When the grey dust settles all that's left are a few items, a suit of dark grey leather armour, and a pair of rings.
[Tue Oct 14 22:21:11 2008] : Dan: "I can look at these items while we rest"
[Tue Oct 14 22:21:13 2008] : Aliatra: "A rest and a good look at these items"
[Tue Oct 14 22:21:26 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 14 22:21:33 2008] : Adrin: "I too could do with a rest and some healing. That tree caught me off guard"
[Tue Oct 14 22:22:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Let me see what I can do for you"
[Tue Oct 14 22:22:40 2008] : Dan: "I actually took quite some damage from the shadow firestorm that hit us"
[Tue Oct 14 22:22:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc 69hp down
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:00 2008] : Adrin: "That too Dan. Nasty thing that"
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell on Adrin
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+5] => [7,2,5] = (14).
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:14 2008] : Dan: ooc 23 down, but that's about 58%
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:16 2008] : Adrin: ooc that 1/- DR is just incredible
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:22 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you need more, Dan?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:48 2008] : Dan: ooc lightning ring saves me again!
[Tue Oct 14 22:23:53 2008] : DM: ooc 3300 XP each
[Tue Oct 14 22:24:03 2008] : Aliatra: ehh ... Adrin
[Tue Oct 14 22:24:12 2008] : Dan: "I should be OK with a simple cure spell Ali"
[Tue Oct 14 22:24:22 2008] : Dan: "That and a good night's rest"
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:00 2008] : DM: ooc fyi, level 13 druid with some tweaked spells.
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a simpler spell at Dan
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+5] => [2,5] = (7).
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:25 2008] : Dan: ooc pretty cool foe
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah, very nice and very nasty
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Is that enough?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:25:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Very nice fight :-D
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Foes should not cast defenseive spells ;)
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:16 2008] : Dan: "Just a little more if you can spare it Ali"
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+5] => [7,5] = (12).
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:41 2008] : Dan: ooc still going to be 6 down after a rest - which is a lot for Dan
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Of course, I have not used up all the spells I prayed for"
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:55 2008] : Dan: "Thanks Ali, you're a trooper"
[Tue Oct 14 22:26:58 2008] : Aliatra: ooc After the second casting?
[Tue Oct 14 22:27:10 2008] : Dan: ooc no, 1st
[Tue Oct 14 22:27:19 2008] : Aliatra: "You're welcome"
[Tue Oct 14 22:27:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra now checks herself to confirm she's not been hit a single time
[Tue Oct 14 22:28:24 2008] : Adrin: Adrin still looks badly injured
[Tue Oct 14 22:29:16 2008] : Dan: "Are you OK Adrin?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:29:48 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Adrin and is worried, so she casts another spell
[Tue Oct 14 22:30:21 2008] : Aliatra: Cure critical wounds [4d8+7] => [4,7,6,2,7] = (26)
[Tue Oct 14 22:30:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Are you really alright now, Adrin?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:12 2008] : Adrin: "Ahh, thats better. I should be not too bad by the morning"
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:23 2008] : Dan: ooc still 29 down?
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:36 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you need more? Be honest now"
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah, whats the healing rate overnight?
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 1/lvl
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:46 2008] : DM: ooc 1 per character level.
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:48 2008] : Dan: "Stop putting a brave face on it Adrin"
[Tue Oct 14 22:31:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc thats crap
[Tue Oct 14 22:32:10 2008] : Adrin: "I dont like to complain, but if you've any spells left I'd be very grateful"
[Tue Oct 14 22:32:30 2008] : DM: ooc 2 per level if you have a comfortable place to sleep and an assistant succeeds at a heal check.
[Tue Oct 14 22:32:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc doesn't look too comfy here
[Tue Oct 14 22:34:02 2008] : DM: ooc did you identify the magic items?
[Tue Oct 14 22:34:20 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra checks Adrin to determine how hurt he is
[Tue Oct 14 22:34:25 2008] : Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15)
[Tue Oct 14 22:35:11 2008] : Dan: ooc not yet DM
[Tue Oct 14 22:35:22 2008] : Dan: ooc was waiting to find somewhere safe to rest
[Tue Oct 14 22:35:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra curses under her breatch before casting again
[Tue Oct 14 22:35:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [4,5,7] = (16).
[Tue Oct 14 22:35:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+7] => [7,1,7] = (15).
[Tue Oct 14 22:36:52 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's find a place to camp for the night, I am almost out of spells and we all need to rest"
[Tue Oct 14 22:37:31 2008] : Adrin: "Strangely, thanks to your spells I feel like new"
[Tue Oct 14 22:37:37 2008] : Dan: "Yes, I still have many spells but most are weak, and I have little versatility now"
[Tue Oct 14 22:38:04 2008] : Adrin: "Aye, I think Shadroth will be a trial indeed"
[Tue Oct 14 22:38:12 2008] : Dan: "Should we stay in a building or outside?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:38:20 2008] : Aliatra: "I try to rely on my sword more than on my spells, but they do come in handy"
[Tue Oct 14 22:39:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Outside, please, this plane creeps me out and I'd hate to stay in a building here"
[Tue Oct 14 22:39:31 2008] : Adrin: "I agree, at least we can then see anything approach"
[Tue Oct 14 22:39:47 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's find somewhere sheltered at least"
[Tue Oct 14 22:39:59 2008] : Adrin: "By the look of it, everything in this place is hostile"
[Tue Oct 14 22:40:21 2008] : Dan: "I haven't memorised a secure shelter spell, but somehow I feel that it would stand out like a sore thumb here"
[Tue Oct 14 22:40:40 2008] : DM: ooc Unless it was grey
[Tue Oct 14 22:40:48 2008] : Aliatra: "SO let's make sure we see our enemies coming, which means we have to have watches tonight"
[Tue Oct 14 22:40:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 22:41:12 2008] : Dan: "OK, who is any good at finding good places to rest?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:41:32 2008] : DM: ooc survival rolls
[Tue Oct 14 22:41:42 2008] : Aliatra: "A scout?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:41:49 2008] : Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Oct 14 22:41:53 2008] : Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21)
[Tue Oct 14 22:41:56 2008] : Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20)
[Tue Oct 14 22:42:01 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks around
[Tue Oct 14 22:42:12 2008] : Aliatra: "But I'm lousy at it, I'm a real city girl"
[Tue Oct 14 22:42:24 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Adrin's lead feeling oddly confident
[Tue Oct 14 22:42:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra will follow anyone outside of a town
[Tue Oct 14 22:43:34 2008] : DM: Adrin spots a good defensive location, a small hill topped with granite boulders to provide cover.
[Tue Oct 14 22:44:17 2008] : DM: ooc just don't cook sausages and bacon and attract the Nine.
[Tue Oct 14 22:44:27 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Oct 14 22:44:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc The Nine?
[Tue Oct 14 22:44:47 2008] : Adrin: oo clol
[Tue Oct 14 22:44:48 2008] : Dan: ooc riders
[Tue Oct 14 22:44:54 2008] : DM: ooc Lord of the Rings reference. Are you sure you're in the right game?? ;)
[Tue Oct 14 22:45:00 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 22:45:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc and dont put on either of Akbars rings!!
[Tue Oct 14 22:45:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Am I ever (sure OR in the right game)?
[Tue Oct 14 22:45:41 2008] : Dan: Once settled down, Dan examines the rings
[Tue Oct 14 22:45:46 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Oct 14 22:46:07 2008] : DM: All three items are magical, everything non-magical turned to dust.
[Tue Oct 14 22:46:20 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [6,22] = (28)
[Tue Oct 14 22:46:22 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [10,22] = (32)
[Tue Oct 14 22:46:23 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+22] => [20,22] = (42)
[Tue Oct 14 22:46:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That figures :)
[Tue Oct 14 22:46:45 2008] : DM: ooc abjuration on all items.
[Tue Oct 14 22:47:10 2008] : DM: ooc and whatever aura strength for +2/+3 items
[Tue Oct 14 22:47:16 2008] : Dan: "All items offer some form of protection"
[Tue Oct 14 22:47:40 2008] : Dan: Dan takes out the identify wand and spends time with each item
[Tue Oct 14 22:49:25 2008] : DM: They are: +2 improved shadow leather armour (+10 Hide), +3 ring of protection, ring of fire resistance 20/-.
[Tue Oct 14 22:49:44 2008] : Dan: ooc wow!
[Tue Oct 14 22:49:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc nice
[Tue Oct 14 22:50:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Good thing I didn't cast Wall of Fire then
[Tue Oct 14 22:51:12 2008] : Dan: Dan explains the items
[Tue Oct 14 22:51:46 2008] : Aliatra: "That armour sounds great for Oona"
[Tue Oct 14 22:51:48 2008] : Dan: "I can use none of them without compromising my other items"
[Tue Oct 14 22:52:22 2008] : Dan: "I already have two rings, one of which has two functions"
[Tue Oct 14 22:52:37 2008] : Adrin: "Well the Protection ring is better than my own, but Ali has first choice"
[Tue Oct 14 22:52:56 2008] : Dan: "The fire ring would simply negate the use of my fire robes, and would mean I can't wear my electricity ring"
[Tue Oct 14 22:53:28 2008] : Adrin: "Come to think of, both rings are better version than what I've got"
[Tue Oct 14 22:53:56 2008] : Aliatra: "I would like that ring, I think it has more use to me than the one that protects me from cold"
[Tue Oct 14 22:54:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Protection of fire doesn't really interest me, I can cast a spell for that"
[Tue Oct 14 22:54:46 2008] : Dan: ooc is it possible to have two elemental rings hammered into one ring?
[Tue Oct 14 22:54:51 2008] : DM: ooc no
[Tue Oct 14 22:55:00 2008] : Dan: ooc darn ;)
[Tue Oct 14 22:55:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 14 22:55:50 2008] : DM: ooc Although I s'pose you could do it if you paid the cost of manufacturing such a powerful magical items.
[Tue Oct 14 22:55:58 2008] : Adrin: ooc so Ali's taking the +3?
[Tue Oct 14 22:56:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yep, if all agree
[Tue Oct 14 22:56:17 2008] : Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Oct 14 22:56:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And the Ring of Cold goes into the party loot
[Tue Oct 14 22:56:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc fine. Can adrin take the fire one then in swapsy for his 10/- fire ring?
[Tue Oct 14 22:57:59 2008] : Dan: ooc fine with me
[Tue Oct 14 22:58:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sure
[Tue Oct 14 22:58:52 2008] : Dan: "Do you not need that Ali?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:59:06 2008] : Dan: "Or do you also have too many rings?"
[Tue Oct 14 22:59:56 2008] : Aliatra: "I also have a Ring of Light, which I find more useful"
[Tue Oct 14 23:00:14 2008] : Adrin: Adrin happily swaps rings
[Tue Oct 14 23:00:31 2008] : Dan: ooc DM if I could magically bash the cold ring and electric one together, I'd have something on a par with a +3 ring or a 20 fire one
[Tue Oct 14 23:00:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does likewise
[Tue Oct 14 23:00:56 2008] : Dan: ooc I appreciate that there would be a charge of some sort for this
[Tue Oct 14 23:01:23 2008] : DM: ooc work out the cost difference and when you're next in town pay the difference and get it done.
[Tue Oct 14 23:02:10 2008] : Dan: ooc perhaps the charge for stacking powers on items?? = *1.5 cost of lowest item = 6000gp
[Tue Oct 14 23:02:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sounds about right
[Tue Oct 14 23:02:52 2008] : Dan: ooc 6000 on top of the 12000 worth of the ring
[Tue Oct 14 23:03:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Minus the worth of the original rings, ofcourse
[Tue Oct 14 23:03:26 2008] : Dan: ooc will do, if everyone is happy with me taking the cold ring?
[Tue Oct 14 23:03:38 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Be my guest
[Tue Oct 14 23:03:54 2008] : DM: ooc That sounds right, Craig
[Tue Oct 14 23:04:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc fine
[Tue Oct 14 23:04:39 2008] : Dan: "Ali, I'll take the cold ring. i think that I can merge it with my electricity ring with some magig and a lot of gold"
[Tue Oct 14 23:07:14 2008] : DM: GAME END